Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

XFINITY Home Phone Service Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I own a business with 2 phone lines serviced by Comcast. At 9 AM we have no phone service. After calling and being on hold for 15 min they tell me it will be fixed by 3 PM. At 3:30 no phone service so I call again, do the same wait times, they tell me it will be fixed by 5 PM. At 5:30 still no service so I call again, do the 20 min wait again. Comcast puts me on hold on and off, then I'm disconnected, so I have to get back in line, call again, wait 20 min, get another tech guy who says service will be up sometime TOMORROW! Oh well, it's only my business. Who needs phones!!! And all this for $165 a month! What a company...

Original review: Dec. 23, 2014

Like many others, I have a bundle of services from Comcast that cover TV, Internet, and telephone. I think the service is ok, even if expensive. I was thinking about breaking up my services because of the termination of current discounts. So, I came here to read others' experiences. From my reading it is very clear that most of the postings are from folks that think Comcast cares about their situation...they don't! Why does that surprise anyone? Like so many other content providers, Comcast has lobbied heavily in the US Congress to restrict or segment the agencies responsible for oversight of their business practices. And the remaining agencies that do have some authority for oversight have been so thoroughly undermined by budget cuts that their usefulness is near nil.

Luckily, in California, if your telephone service is part of a bundle of services from an internet company like Comcast then you can petition the CPUC (California Public Utilities Commission) for relief. But, don't take your internet or TV issues there! Some communities have an oversight board for Television and/or Video complaints. But, for internet service you are likely out of luck! The reason is that internet providers don't want you interfering with their business revenue.

If you complain too loudly then you will likely be "punished" with long hold times, getting switched from customer rep to customer rep, your call gets disconnected, you get curt replies like "sorry, I can't help you" and other aggravating responses. They know they are being aggravating and what is more, they are enjoying it. By the way, there is a reason they are the only provider in your particular area!

OK, so what IS the solution? Vote, my friend...VOTE! The current bunch of folks in Congress are the best money can buy and Comcast has more money than you or I do. But, if folks spend more time getting together and less arguing between themselves then perhaps we can get representatives that care more about the people they serve than the corporations funding their re-election campaign chests.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

Spent 1 1/2 hours on Monday getting Internet working again. Then today I discovered that my phones were not working. Evidently since Monday at least. Got on chat spent 1 hour until they issued a work order since they couldn't fix problem. Say it will be between 24 & 72 hours for phones to work. I then found out that the Internet was not working again. I reset while on hold with Comcast. Then decided enough was enough and wanted a billing supervisor to give me a credit. I had to call back three times because I would get mysteriously disconnected each time while waiting for the supervisor. Finally I get a supervisor and he gave an offer of $50 credit for the lack of phone usage and said I was violating their rules because I use the phone for working from my home. He said I wasn't entitled to anything for my time which at this point has approached 4 hours of being on hold or shuttled from one department to another.

Resolution response: Dec. 30, 2014

One caring employee called from Comcast on or about 2014 DEC. 16, asking if my phone service was working properly. I stated that despite fulfilling all of my obligations, Comcast had failed to transfer the landline phone number. I also stated that since my mother had been using the same landline phone number for well over twenty (20) years, she now considered her new phone useless. The Comcast employee noted that it is strange that the landline phone number had not been transferred, given that he was looking at the data on the screen (which apparently, the two previous employees did not bother to review properly).

A couple of test calls later (to ensure the landline phone number had now been transferred), the Comcast phone now had the previous landline phone number (as I had requested since engaging in this debacle). Considering that from the moment I elected to have phone service with Comcast (cable, internet, and phone) to the point everything worked properly comprised a span of nearly two (2) weeks, customer service (better yet, the technical aspect of initiating service) HAS to be improved. Leaving the Comcast experience 'as is' will only welcome disaster whenever technology/law/bribes/other finally permit a level playing field to new companies.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

I recently enrolled my mom in Comcast cable/internet/phone service -- an unnecessarily complex and arduous experience involving numerous phone calls (just to activate the different services) and several days. One request I made clear was the need to transfer the phone number from my previous provider (Frontier [until recently, AT&T]). Comcast dragged its feet on this, and when they finally decided to transfer the phone number, Frontier had discontinued service (a few days into December).

Comcast then called instructing me to ask my previous phone service provider to turn the service on again so that they could transfer the phone number. I was not going to do such, since it would result in an installation charge. Additionally, Comcast never told me that they needed the phone service active in order to affect a transfer. I now have a number forcibly assigned by Comcast -- one which does not even have a recognizable area code. Adding insult to injury, on the first call, the connection was abruptly terminated three (3) times. If you want phone service, and if you want to retain your phone number, DO NOT consider Comcast. I am now adding a line to my T-Mobile account to share phone service with my mom (T-Mobile has proven reliable going on years now).

Original review: Nov. 15, 2014

On 11/13/2014 I was talking on the phone and my line went dead. I called the Comcast Customer No-service multiple times and I cannot get a repair to come out. All Comcast does is lie, misrepresent the service, and switch you from person to person. I went in to the local office today and no one would help me. I am switching to cell service and dropping my home service. I do not recommend anyone use Comcast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

When you signed on the dotted line, have nothing saying that you have to notify them 60days prior to cancel. They however have a html link which can be updated after you signed the contract to change to whatever they want. The only reason most people would cancel their service and go with someone else is if their current provider is not providing what is being paid for. I depend mostly the internet to process all my daily payment transaction, but the internet and phone service keep on dropping.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

We moved 10 blocks away to a new home. Requested Comcast to move over all equipment, emails and phone number to new home. It took 2 service center visits and multiple calls to get it all almost done. The phone number was not "ported over" even though that was on the initial request to Comcast. After 3.5 hours on phone and chat, still cannot get it done. "Just can't do it". Really, "nothing" can be done to get our phone number corrected after Comcast created the error? Why does one need to contact so many people at Comcast? One employee admitted that "moving is a nightmare with Comcast". Really, and what retribution do we have, it is the only service in our area. They won't even fix their own mistake.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2014

Numerous phone outages and service calls result in delayed response and service reps that do not fix problems. Weather is the culprit here and no one looks at why this occurs.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2014

Am a 60 yr old disabled individual bundled with Comcast 4/2013. As soon as the 1yr promotion ends prices change monthly. Want to leave Comcast, move on to another company. Comcast will not release my phone number that I have had for over 20 years. They ported it from CenturyLink in 2013. Spent over 2hrs online in chat nothing but lip service, poor customer service. Doesn't Comcast realize that the thousands of complaints that are being counted in online websites is being viewed by the FCC? Do not want to lose phone number as all is connected to it. COMCAST SUCKS and used predatory practices to ** the customer with fees and prices.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2014

I am new customer, and I am very frustrated. First of all it supposed that all conversations should be recorded, but when I call and talk with a customer service supervisor all of them have different criterion, and they never can find any information previously talked with another supervisor about my account. I have serious problems with my two bills and my next step will be to report it to the FCC and the local state consumer protection organization. PLEASE CALL ME.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

I am not able to watch cable or internet until someone comes by and installs the phone service. I work 8 to 5 every day and their latest time to meet is 3 to 5. I will never use this phone service once as we use cell phones at our house. It came with the promo I have. I am very unhappy with the process of transferring my service to my new place. As they advertise how easy their new transferring system is, this is actually not the case. If I find out I'm paying for services I cannot use, then I'm going to be very upset and they will know it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

On July 24, the technician came to my home to install home phone. My number was ported from ATT - A number I have had for about 15 years and do business mainly on. My service was working fine for seven days with the ported number of **. On the eighth day, my phone was dead. Called Comcast - they reported my service had been cancelled. I did not cancel. It probably was an error on their part. After talking with about 10 different people, being hung up on, and no supervisor would talk or call me back, they finally after two days got my line to working again, but I assumed I had my old ported number. Called my number by cell - received a tone as to it was no longer working. Now Comcast tells me it will be more days and I am at a risk of losing my number that I have had for 15 years due to one stupid person in Comcast that did not do their job properly. I am a 68-year-old lady and my phone is my only way of supporting myself. Comcast has caused me a lot of stress in three days. And no one will tell me what is going on. I want my old number back on my line which is **. Please, help me get someone to call and let me know what is going on so I can then contact my customers and let them know.

Original review: July 30, 2014

I have a business (restaurant) and I had the Comcast bundle. We had a constant problem with the phone service which is crucial with my business. The phone would be busy for hours when no one was on it or it would tell me it was no longer in service. I made many calls to Comcast and finally asked them for some kind of landline. They informed me that was unavailable. I went to Verizon and of course had to also "bundle". Now Comcast is trying to bill me for two months because I didn't give them 60 days notice for cancelling. They claim there was not a problem with the other services but we are all forced to "bundle" everything now to get cheaper rates. I lost so much money myself because of takeout orders and customers not being able to get through. We don't get reimbursed for our losses.

Original review: July 22, 2014

I have contacted Comcast on 4 occasions with a 45-minute wait time on each occasion. So almost 4 hours into the problem and still no results. Comcast sent me a letter stating that my phone modem needed to be updated. So I called them to do just that. I waited a week - no modem in the mail. So I called them again. "No problem," said the girl in the Philippines, "I'll send it." I wait another week. I received an empty box. So, I called them again. The girl from the Philippines - no problem - another empty box. So I called them again. Requesting to speak to a supervisor. I waited another 45 minutes. Then the girl comes back to the phone saying she is going to transfer me and I get disconnected. Meanwhile the phone works occasionally, I paid my bill and I still don't have my new modem. Comcast SUCKS. I should have cancelled them by now. Perhaps I will. It's terribly stupid of me to tolerate their stupid service people. If anyone needs four empty Comcast boxes, I have some.

Original review: July 21, 2014

After a local move June 19th - still have not had my phone numbers ported over. I had Comcast at my old address and now at my new address. Still have service at the old address because Comcast told me if I cancel the service at the old address, I will lose my phone numbers. When you get sick and tired of dealing with their horrible customer service, do what I did and start filing complaints with the FCC and with your local franchise authority. There is a website for the FCC complaint form - and they assured me that Comcast takes them very seriously. You will have to find out who your local franchise authority is by calling your county administration.

Original review: July 19, 2014

But my phone on seasonal for 12 a month. Already received bill for 12 twice. Called as I wanted to send two payments and found out I had a bill of $268.

Called supervisor and she lowered it to $168. Why did I get two bills for 15 paid and now third was $268 and then they change to $168 on phone. They told me original seasonal bills mistake because I could not start seasonal only once in calendar year. I ended seasonal in Nov of 2013 so that reply is also incorrect.

Original review: May 30, 2014

They have essentially "lost" my number when I switched to them recently. They are blaming the previous phone company, who says they let the number go weeks ago. (Comcast claims they are rejecting their request to transfer the number). Their "customer service" reps will not call you back, email you back, and will not let you speak to a supervisor. They are costing me customers and money and refuse to help me.

Original review: May 6, 2014

Let me start by saying that for the most part, all of the agents were friendly and I believe they genuinely tried to help. A few agents said they would call back and didn't, but some did. I kept my cool most of the time, but even when I got testy, they remained calm. My experience showed me how incompetent Comcast's ability to solve problems is. I had my phone given away to another customer and it took at least 9 days with at least 25 calls totaling many hours to get the problem solved. I should add that I had problems with my phone off and on for about 4 years, but the clincher was when they assigned my number to another customer.

Okay, I understand problems can occur through human error, but I'm boggled why they couldn't fix it in less than 9 days. It's just a phone number, not nuclear physics. Agents kept promising me it would be fixed by the next day and it never happened. And, I kept getting different information from each person I spoke with. One person said it could take over a week to fix and the next person said it would take 24 hours. Finally after a long wait they sort of fixed it; at least I have a working phone. The phone came back, but my call-waiting was not working nor was the voicemail. They did fix the call-waiting pretty quickly, but I still don't have my voicemail. Who knows how long that will take.

If there were another company that had competitive internet speeds, I would switch in a heartbeat, but there isn't where I live. Given a competitive choice, I would stay away from Comcast. I'm sure others have had a good experience, but I can only speak about mine with honesty and sincerity. Good luck if you have service with Comcast. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

Original review: April 27, 2014

We were sold a bill of goods when we went with Comcast for our internet and telephone. It was the worst mistake that I ever made with vendors. Comcast will provide the most unreliable internet service imaginable. Whereas Verizon will provide quality fiber optic service, you will be lucky to have service for a day without horrible problems. The technicians should be working at Walmart as greeters. Letters and calls to management are never answered. The phone service is done by some outfit in Colorado and they are mostly clueless. No business should have to deal with a fifth rate company like Comcast. You owe it to yourself to forget the national advertising and hire anyone else for your internet and/or VOIP needs.

Original review: April 13, 2014

I have had two different guys out, those were both nice. No complaints. When I call in, it takes forever and nothing is ever really accomplished except them lying. I found this to be true many times. I tried about a week ago when someone in your office actually made problems that weren't there to be there. That's how it all started. I tried to tell them I was having MAJOR FOOT SURGERY and had same operation approximately 4 months ago, and I wanted this fixed prior so I can lay in bed with leg up and iced.

Well guess what, day of surgery I had same problem and the stupid I think girl from India kept telling me when I would tell her that she knew how bad surgery could be, that she had a cyst removed. I asked if from ovaries and she said yes. I said well not as bad and I know as I had that done but other things done with it. I said DO NOT tell me you understand till you have the same operation. Why this came up so much is she made me stand up to look for box number she was ONLY one who requested that. I told her she could look and see which set they had been trying to help me with. THIS WAS IGNORANT. Next person didn't say that. I was looking at your ratings - OMG TERRIBLE, I DO want someone high up to call me. I was told I could only call 1-800-comcast. WRONG ANSWER. Thank you if you listen and it helps and I get a call.

Original review: March 22, 2014

We had a tech to the house to determine why the cable wasn't coming through to the TV. He never could figure it out but while here began his pitch for ''bundling''. I told him no. He pursued with more ''advantages'' and each time I said no. Then he mentioned that it would increase our Internet speed for 25 meg to 50... and THAT did give me interest. I asked if I could just purchase the increased speed separately and he replied yes for $10 month. I agreed to THAT... not to bundling. We received a phone call and emails asking us to confirm our order for new program and new equipment which of course I did not confirm.

A week later we get a confirmation email of the new order!! It was never ever authorized but their records show it was and the date. That tech just went ahead and put in the bundling order rather than just the increased Internet speed and the nightmare began. The new statement comes and has all these changes on it... DVR, a different package of channels, new boxes, etc. It took 4 phone calls to get it straightened out. Every time I stated that it had not been authorized I was ignored. Finally the last person told me it happened on Feb. 8, the day the tech came to the house. I explained that I would never ever have Comcast be my phone company considered how frustrating and lengthy it was to get the Cable figured out, I would not want to be without phone service because of one of their glitches.

What I then learned after 90 minutes of discussion was that they had changed the content of the package I had had... adding major confusion as to what I had had and what they said I had now and what they had added without authorization. So, I have agreed to bundling although I will never use the phone service and we 'get'' a DVR and new boxes to go with them... even though I have no use for DVR... and we will get ''blast speed'' on the Internet which I have subsequently been told is not what I think it is.... and will save about $50 month. However: we all know that in 6 months or 12 months, this ''introductory'' package price will increase a lot, as they always do. I just cannot believe that governmental agencies cannot be doing something about America's worst scam.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2014

Was called and offered a bundle (internet/cable TV/phone) "deal" from Comcast. Was told a tech would come to my home and it would only take a few minutes to make the changes. I was also told I would be able to keep my phone number, that I would not be without phone service and that nothing would be required on my part. A week later, a tech came to my home but was unable to make the phone changes because my phone # had not been ported. I was told I needed to call Comcast. After spending hours on the phone trying to get through -and getting disconnected every time! - I went to the local Comcast office. There I was told the wrong phone number had been ported - but I had to CALL Comcast to take care of the problem because I had agreed to the bundle "deal" with a Comcast employee over the phone.

After several calls, being put on hold and disconnected I finally reached a person. She told me the employee I dealt with originally was in the office that day and she would have him return my call. He didn't. That afternoon a Comcast employee knocked on my door to let me know Comcast was going to be doing some work on our street. After letting him know my dissatisfaction with Comcast, he made another recording of me agreeing to allow them to port my phone # and made another appointment for a week later to make the changes to my phone.

The following week when the tech came...once again he was unable to make the changes because my # still hadn't been ported. I was, however, assured that I would NOT lose phone service. The following Monday when I needed to make a call I discovered I had NO phone service at all. Went to a friend's house to call Comcast and and after spending 45 minutes on hold, I was told there had been a policy change and that nothing could be done until my next (3rd!) scheduled appointment on January 3rd. After stating I wished to speak with a supervisor I was placed on hold for another 45 minutes before being disconnected.

My initial contact with Comcast over the phone (when I agreed to change to their bundle) was on 12/11/13. Today is 1/3/14 and I have been totally without phone service for the last 4 days. Given the headaches I've dealt with since 12/11/14, I'm extremely dissatisfied with what I've seen so far of Comcast customer service. I was told it only took a tech a few minutes to make the necessary changes to my phone. In light of that, and the hassle it's been so far, GOOD customer service would have been to send a tech to my home right away to restore the phone service I was told I WOULD NOT lose.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2013

My phone doesn't work most of the time. Usually, it sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown. The service goes out very often. The last time, phone and internet was out for an entire week. They only gave me 20.00 dollars off my bill. Now my phone is out again. I am disabled and I need this phone. I don't have a cell phone. There is no telling how long it will be before they fix it. The thing is if you complain too strongly, the service only gets worse.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2013

It so happens I have phone, PC and internet bundled to save money so I thought. We never use the landline so thought would plug it in and charge. I called it several hours later and receive a message "No longer in service". I then remembered a family member told me the same thing that he tried to call me and got same response. This had to be a year ago. We use cells so didn't pay attention until now when I used it to call the landline. I call Xfinity and explain and she asks me if I want tech support. I respond no, it's about billing, and that you know when a service is not connected. I told her to search and issue a refund. This person was like talking to a stump. I actually refrained myself and plan to call back as I got nowhere. Also they promise a certain speed internet connection. This can vary street to street and if your signal is slower they can't charge full amount. A friend just got a refund. Comcast is slick, so stay on top of them. Will post outcome of next phone call to them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2013

The photos I took speak for itself. I have witnessed Comcast technicians in our neighborhood carelessly leaving excess wires and wrapping them around outside cable boxes. They are tangled, dangerous and a disgusting backyard view. After seeing kids playing with these wires I contacted Comcast over 7+ times but they never act despite acknowledging the tangled wires were caused by Comcast technicians. It is only a matter of time for a child to be injured. Seeing Comcast's mess outside our windows is absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2013

I switched from AT&T bundle for phone, TV and internet to Comcast, thought I would save a few bucks. I can call out on my phone, but people cannot call in, unless I unplug all my NON-wireless phones. I have plug in and wireless phones. I can keep the wireless phone and answering machine plugged in, but any regular plugged in phone causes the problem. Remote in the bedroom won't pause, rewind or forward live TV, and the main TV now has volume issues - goes really loud and quiet all the time. Going back to AT&T.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

Since August 2013 to now, Oct 2013, I have had nothing but trouble with my Xfinity cable, telephone and internet. Many hours lost on the phone with customer service. Bounced around. The technicians blame my TV. The phone sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. This suck!!! I can't call my family and what if there is an emergency. Cannot rely on this service. Do not get it. Cable box freezes and delays and causes my TV screen to go PINK. Technician said he never saw that and blamed my TV... Dude, look it up on YouTube. It happens because the equipment overheats. I prefer DirecTV with Storm outages. Internet goes in and out too. My kids need to do homework.... COMCAST Sucks!!!! I paid and agreed to pay for a service that I did not get. They did not come through as promised. Liars! And I have not received any credit for anything....

Original review: Oct. 6, 2013

Landline phone has been cutting in and out. Static at best. I do not have a cell to call customer service, so I decided to use their online customer service. Explained to operator that phone was not working. They said "I need your 4-digit pin number." I informed them I did not know what this was. They said they could call the number to receive it. I waited for them to come back into chat window. My house phone was not ringing. Operator got back online and said, "You are not picking up your phone." REALLY????? Why do you think I am contacting you??? Honestly!!!!! Argh! Can't wait to dump this service!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2013

Last two months, we are exhausted dealing with Comcast.

1. They try to do the repairs but our phone line is not fixed.
        2. The tech on the phone says whatever he wants. They are not accountable. They said the service is free. The billing dept may not agree.
        3. The tech who came to the house is verbally abusive and do whatever they want - cut the cable, etc. We have to call for more repairs. They said the service is free. The billing dept may not agree.
        4. Billing dept read the notes from your account. The customer has no say about it.

5. For last two months, we paid $300 for TV/phone/internet. They are all problematic. They send the tech to come over 6 times. They are still problematic. Comcast claims it's all our fault. We have $215 unauthorized charges. God help poor customers. We need help.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2013

5/19/13 - over 4 months, land line has not worked or been fixed when I noticed it was not working. Talked with a rep over the phone: we spent over an hour trying to troubleshoot things. Eventually, she decided we should just schedule a tech to come to my house to fix it. I do not remember the date that the tech was scheduled. But I sat waiting for them the entire 2-hour window & they were a no show.

9/21/13 @ 7 am-8:15 am Online Chat with 3 Analysts: Dycemi, Dandy and llyn- disconnected from online chat for unknown reason. I originally began the chat to downgrade my services since the land line has not worked for 4 months & we all seem to be unable to fix it. I had found an online offer that I wanted - Digital Economy & Economy Plus Internet for $64.90. Instead I was transferred to fix the phone line I no longer wanted. I spent all this time again: checking wire connections, restarting the Comcast modem, and them sending signals to the Comcast modem. Again no resolution.

9/21/13 @ 8:12 am 41 minutes & 58 seconds I called 1-800-934-6489. I spoke with a Tech Rep by the name of Tanya who transferred me to Corey in Customer Relations. Corey noticed I was a preferred digital customer & began a sales pitch about a DVR package. I kept referring to the $64.90 Digital Economy & Economy Plus Internet package. He stated that he cannot access the online offers. WHAT?? How can a company have a website with posts that its own employees cannot access? I finally gave up when I had to leave to take 1 of my kids to basketball practice.

9/21/13 @ 12:19 pm 57 minute 36 seconds called 1-800-266-2278. Again explained: wanting to downgrade due to land line not working or being fixed & that I wanted to downgrade & wanted the $64.90 Digital Economy & Economy Plus Internet package. Again I was transferred to someone else (female), who immediately put me on hold. Then I somehow wound up with someone else, a male sale rep, who started in on a sales pitch again because I am a preferred digital customer. Gave up on trying to get him to listen - I HUNG UP!!!

Since 8/15 at minimum recollection from memory, our land line service has not worked - no dial tone at all. I noticed because on 8/15 when I was trying to order On Demand movies Bullet to the Head & Olympus Has Fallen. I kept getting error pop ups. Went to call using my land line & it did not work. Instead I spent an hour with 1 representative to fix this new problem. We were also disconnected but she called me back. We got the On Demand to work to order the movies. Since then however, the On Demand TV Shows & Movie section still gets pop ups to call customer service or restart the cable box every time I scroll down. I am sick & tired of trying to fix services that never work properly for long (minus our internet - has worked perfectly, but can be easily replaced).

DECISION: NO MORE STINKING COMCAST/XFINITY with their constantly increasing prices for pathetic services not to mention even worse customer service!!!! RETURNING EVERYTHING tomorrow!!

XFINITY Home Phone Service Company Information