Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

XFINITY Home Phone Service Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

If you are looking for a service that gets great customer service, Comcast is not it! Today I had an appointment between 1 - 5 (that is another subject). The tech did not have the part he was suppose to install at my home. So he cancelled the appointment. How do I know all this? Because I called at 5:00. It took my three times to get through their voice choice system to finally talk to someone. That person told me the appointment had been cancelled. I was angry that no one called me to tell me. She said they are not required to call me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I have had problems with them from the 1st call. I should have taken that as a sign but since it was rectified l will not speak of it now. They messed up my account and l didn't like the customer service l received. So I called to have the service disconnected on the 4th of Sep. After l took the survey my services was disconnected for no reason other than retaliation on the 1st of September. I called in and was told that service to the boxes could not be restored. I was on the phone for over 2 hours and nothing was solved. This is very bad customer service and it does nothing for my PTSD.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I am sending this for my mom who is currently in the hospital because she was hit by a car while going through a crosswalk. She ended up with a head injury and back injury. Also she had her glasses broken, and her Xfinity Mobile cellphone destroyed. She asked me if I could get a hold of Xfinity Mobile and find out about getting another phone. But she was unable to, because she never got insurance on the phone. Now she is stuck with paying almost $90.00 for a phone she doesn't have. There was nothing Xfinity would do.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I moved to a new home and was informed that Comcast did not service my new area. A manager told me that if I canceled a portion of service and then another that I would not be charged the early termination fee. When I called back and spoke with a representative and explained what the manager told me, she called me dishonest for trying to beat the system. When I receive my final bill, I called in and was told by a manager that I could have done what the manager told me and not pay the fee. Even though the representative told me otherwise, I was blamed for canceling in the same day even though the representative told me it wouldn't matter and I would be charged anyway. In the end, when I attempted to pay the termination fee, she passed me along to the automated system without ending the call. I will never do business with them again. A total fraud and rip off!!! Buyer beware... Contracts are meant to get you either way and are extremely one sided!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I called to move our internet service to our new home. I was informed that they do not provide service in the new location but we would still have to pay our contract out. When I explained that my husband's job is relocating and this is not in our control they said that did not matter. My recommendation look for another provider and if you are unlucky enough to be stuck with them don't ever sign one of their contracts. What a scam!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! Each person you speak with says different information or will put you on hold for a hour. When you ask to speak with a manager or someone in charge supposedly you cannot do that because managers do not take customer calls. What are they doing if they cannot speak to a customer? I would not recommend Comcast to ANYONE. It has been a month of back and forth with them for us to get nowhere. Have been on the phone for 3 hours just today with each person giving me completely different problems with our service even putting my husband against me saying they spoke with him when he has not talked to them at all.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased an iPhone 7 from Xfinity Mobile last year. Last week I purchased an Apple Watch and needed to switch carriers (because Xfinity doesn't support Apple Watch). I paid off my cell phone in full before trying to switch carriers. I was initially told it would only take up to 72 hours to unlock my Xfinity cell phone. When I called back 3 days later I was told that that was incorrect information and that it actually takes 5-7 BUSINESS days to unlock the phone. It's now been four business days and the phone isn't unlocked. It's outrageous that in this day and age (2018) it would take longer than a few hours to complete this process. It seems to me I'm being punished for switching carriers.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Worst experience with Xfinity was today. I found out that the people who set up my account lied to me, and then put down the wrong contact information so that I would not see the error when I never got a bill. Now that I did not get a bill for 30 days I called and asked about where my bill is and I find out that you are charging me and extra $60 a month over what I was initially told, and now that it is past the 30 day mark I can't have the issue fixed unless I want to pay a termination fee. That is some seriously shady business practice. Jerry ID# **. Robert ID# **. Neither of these individuals were willing to help fix the issue, quite disappointed.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have had Xfinity for more than 5 years. The bills have gone from 80.00 per month to a now a whopping 210.00 a month. I am not and have not been under a contract in a long time. I called them and told them that I am on a fixed income and I could not afford this. They had nothing for me. Called corporate and the same thing. As long as I have been with Xfinity the bill has NEVER been the same. Different each month. They don't care about their customers and never will. I had last year a customer service person from a regional office harassing us in the middle of the night with her personal phone. We threatened them with a restraining order and they still kept her employed. Bad company.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I even reported fake service technicians coming to my home with their ID and they did nothing to fix the problem. They have extremely poor customer service. They tell you what you what you what they think you want to hear and not what will happen. Their services are terrible. It is not as promised. I would not recommend them to anyone.

XFINITY Home Phone Service Company Information