Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Spectrum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I decided to switch from MetroPCS ($40 a month unlimited everything) to Spectrum Mobile because the rep told me that my bill would only be $54.95 a month with the new phone. So, I thought, sure, I'll pay an extra $15 a month for a new phone. The rep told me that this plan only included 1 gig of data but he said, "You'll never go over one gig because anytime you aren't on WiFi, you'll automatically be connected to Spectrum mobile hotspots." This was a complete lie because he failed to mention that there are only a few Spectrum mobile hotspots in my entire town. He also told me that I would get $100 credit towards my new phone by turning in any old phone. Again, that was a lie. It's only good for certain phones and it has to be done the same day you switch (he never mentioned that part). Since he didn't tell me how to do that, I assumed I would get the information with my new phone. Nope!

I called Spectrum mobile several times and I was on hold for more than an hour each time. Long story short, I've used almost 3 gigs of data every month (I never used even 2 gigs on Metro) and my bill had been almost $90 a month. I told them that the reason I'm using so much data is because my phone is always searching for service. They supposedly use Verizon towers but I was with my friend (who has Verizon) and she had service but I didn't. I went into the local office twice and the only thing they offered to do was give me $10 a month off of my bill if I switched to the unlimited. This is a complete scam! As soon as I get my income tax, I'm paying off my phone and ditching Spectrum.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I’ve found Spectrum to provide very unreliable service as well as not standing behind what their reps tell you. I ended up having to cancel my service 4 days into my current cycle because my internet service resets itself multiple times - sometimes up to 10 or more a day. This was ongoing & it really affected my ability to do my job as I work more & more from home. A change in modem did not resolve the issue either. When I canceled the service, I asked the store rep about possibly prorating my bill for the unused portion of the bill (again 4 days into the current month owed), he replied he couldn’t but if I called the number on the statement they would take care of it for me.

The rep & supervisor I spoke to said it couldn’t be done & refused to take into account the info I was given by Spectrum’s store rep. I wouldn’t be so teed off about this if the rep had been upfront about this when I asked about it, but I expect a company to stand behind the claims their reps make to a client, especially one who has used them for years & who had to leave not just for a better deal or moving out of a service area, but because their service failed to be what I paid for. So not only unreliable internet service for months, but they don’t stand behind what their reps tell you. Buyer Beware.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I had a housemate move out and we paid Spectrum down to a zero balance. I then tried to cancel the service which I did on the exact billing day but the service was not shut off until two days later so I was charged another $190 after I had already canceled the service. I then find out that there is a "deferred payment from covid of $120!!" After I was told it was paid in full by several employees and now they're trying to charge me for another month when I had the service shut off! I then asked them to return the service if I was going to be paying for it and they said, "No! We're not giving you your service back until you pay the bill in full!" I was on the phone for hours with customer service! Spectrum doesn't realize how much freaking time it takes to try to get through to them, it's ridiculous. It may seem like a good deal in the beginning but believe me in the long run it's going to be a nightmare so, I would strongly suggest just stay away from this company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I want to give 0 rating, but I just gave 1, since this is the least rating available in this portal. Also, I will not suggest Spectrum services to my enemy. 10/30/2020, someone from Spectrum deactivated my account and I tried to reach customer care starting 10 AM and got somehow activated by 4 PM EST and 11/01/2020 my bill started to climb up by an additional $20 for the same poor service Spectrum offered. I am with Spectrum for the last 9 years and getting the Sales team is a challenging, meanwhile you can reach moon and come back before the call connects to the sales team. As Sales team is the only one team who have rights to activate and deactivate a line (Looks funny). I don't know what are all other problems I'm going to get it from them. Jesus, please pass this message to the CEO (poor company in this world).

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Called to cancel service due to my mom's passing. Problem is I called 2 days after billing cycle started. Instead of getting the bill prorated for the two days will charge the full 30 days. Absolutely horrible experience that I will not forget.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Had Spectrum (formerly TWC) service for 4 years in Southern California before our move to Idaho where they're not available. Service was reliable, speeds were good, no data caps to be had, and pricing was consistent. As internet service has become another public utility, Spectrum did their job very well.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I had a bill sent to a collections agency after 45 days. I called Spectrum as soon as I received the letter from collections. I had no idea what it was for, apparently for a modem I did not return. I explained I did not receive a bill and I would pay it. I had that account for 14 years without a single billing issue. All I ask is that my record not be permanently affected by this mishap and 4 customer service agents and 2 hours later - they won't put a Supervisor on the phone and I am told no one can fix this issue. So disappointing you can be a 14 year customer with a solid accounting history and they can't even be bothered. Horrible...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I have been a customer of Spectrum for over 15 years. We do not watch cable anymore so I decided to save the $100 a month and call and cancel. The internet is fine. I called on the 26th and was told that on the 26th of each month, a new billing cycle begins and I could cancel but I would have to pay for the whole month. Or I can wait and call on the 25th of next month to cancel. Spectrum 100% does not provide pro-rated services or credits of any kind. This has to be one of the worst customer service tactics to retain customers I've ever seen. Absolutely about money and not customer satisfaction. As soon as I find a comparable internet provider, I will be cancelling that as well. Beyond shady and I am extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I have used Spectrum for a couple of years; in process of moving contacted them two weeks in advance about needs for termination and where to turn in equipment. I also had to have new internet placed into my new location so I used them with an overlap of five days due to moving companies not available. I received my bill for the old location for a full month's of service since I used three days into the new billing cycle... NO ONE from the company warned me about this deceitful practice that I should turn my equipment in three days earlier than I planned causing me an additional bill for THREE days of usage of over $200; plus I had a full month's bill for for new location.

Wish I had known about this deceitful practice of full billing with no proration prior to installing them into my new location. BY the way, I had to purchase a $300 router from Micro systems since the new one I was provided failed to support one PC from Spectrum, junk equipment and now over $400 additional costs... Find someone else to do your service

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

They sent my account to collections almost 5 ½ years after I paid my “final bill” without contacting me about any outstanding balance beforehand. When I called to inquire, they stated they didn’t have any info on my acct because it was “too old” – they couldn’t even provide me with the info they gave the Collections Agency a few months ago. Their solution? Have me pay my bill – even though the negative impact will remain on my credit for years to come!

Spectrum Company Information