1.55/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

139 RCN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 3, 2018

I am making my discontent for RCN TV service because for ~ last 6 months we have experienced reception disruptions. Note there are 4 TVs in the house... 2 admittedly are not High Def capable, 2 units are much newer and pull in HD stations. For example, at any random time of day we cannot see normal stations e.g. 3, 6, 10 screen usually shows extreme pixelation, goes blank and the displays screen stating station temporarily off the air. Upon then switching to 1003, 1006 or 1010, sometimes the station is normal. This essentially renders 2 of our 4 TVs inoperable. Sometimes however a HD station is temporarily off the air. IN OTHER WORDS... RCN TV is totally unreliable!!!

We have contacted service quite a number of times. 4 times trucks have appeared in our neighborhood and the service reps say they are replacing wires that appear to be "chewed by squirrels!" Let it be noted the unreliability has NOT improved. Does anyone else in the greater Allentown area experience this issue? Has RCN been receptive to your frustration and have they changed the situation? May I add that the bills still get paid automatically each month??? BTW one of the "boxes" on a HD TV has been recently replaced in hopes of improving the awful reception, but to no avail. This makes no sense. I don't know what to do. Also, we have had bundled contract for TV, phone and computer... FOR ~ 15 YEARS!! This last year has made us think about alternative companies. What do others think?

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have been a customer of RCN for the last 9 months. Every month they suspended my service 1 day after the billing cycle which is the 24th and by the 25th service suspension. I called to find out why this is and was given a lame excuse but was made aware that a $30 restoration fee would be assessed. I started going over the charges on my monthly bill only to also find that every months since activating the service that a “one time charge“ is assessed! That is the description “one time charge that varies from month to month ranging from $9.00 to $91.00!" This makes no sense and when I call for an explanation I am not been given an explanation that makes sense. Please RCN consumers check your bills and let me know if you found the same charges and let us all do something about it! We are being overcharged and defrauded. The total amount for the last 9 months is $329.66 outrageous!!!

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Each and every month my price fluctuates. It's highly expensive for Internet ONLY. I just recently paid an exorbitant $86.59 and next month it's up to $91.09. WHY??? I have the low internet speed as it's just myself. I lowered it when my son joined the Army. So, again I ask, why so high and fluctuating? I have called countless times asking for an explanation. Service is great, prices outweigh the service, in my opinion. I have to live by a budget too.

The Customer Service Representatives are lackadaisical at best and do not answer my question. Each and every provider out there takes advantage of its customers. Matters not who you are with. Pretty sure someone from RCN will reply to this with a formal response apologizing (lol) sent to pretty much anyone who complains on here. So, whatever. Just more smoke being blown up our backsides. WITH NO EXPLANATION! Another thing to ponder: They give (all providers) great low rates for first timers but those faithful customers get the shaft. They're all doing it wrong. Do something for us long timers to make us want to stay and not move to another provider. A suggestion. Albeit, a good one.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We had Comcast service at our house for some years. However due to the high costs we decided to go with another provider. We chose RCN due to the price. BIG MISTAKE! First of all the Tech never showed up when he was scheduled to come. Instead he called into the office and lied saying that he came to the house. When someone was home all day waiting for him and he never showed up. We should have taken that as a sign of what service would be like... lol.

The internet speed is a joke. I work from home and the internet goes out about every 15 minutes. It just cuts off for no reason. When it is working it is so slow it takes forever and a day to just load one page. In addition their cable service is no better. The tv freezes while trying to watch a movie and I end up having to turn it off. Plus they're on demand has no free movies, they want you to pay for everything. At least with Comcast they gave you access to tons of free movies and tv shows you could watch at your leisure. I don't even watch tv anymore because RCN's service is so bad.

While I complained about the high cost of Comcast, at least I can say you get your money's worth with them. I rarely had connection issues with their internet. With RCN their service is slow as dial up at times. Forget about streaming anything online. Even youtube videos freeze up. This is not just a rare occurrence in reading reviews across the internet and speaking to other people I keep hearing that RCN has the worst service across the industry. You would think with all of the money they have they would try to do something to upgrade their service and equipment to keep more customers.

However it appears to me that all they care about is getting customers and not keeping them. Their service is pathetic. I plan to switch as soon as I am able. To those who are reading this and have Comcast and who are considering RCN, don't do it. You will regret it! There are other better service providers out there in terms of quality product who actually care enough about their customers to have their service up to standard. Keep looking. RCN is not where it's at.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Been with them for more than 20 years. In past used them to work from home with special connection and now use just basic service as I don't need more or better service. They are professional, polite, and willing to assist when problems. Will send out people when required and inform you via email the appointment time within 2 hrs. Easy to cancel if needed. They don't badger you to buy faster or more services.

RCN response

Hello, Elaine! Thank you for sharing your recent experience with RCN! We are glad to serve you, and thank you for being a valued member of the RCN family for over 20 years! -Jackie

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCN?

Original review: May 11, 2018

Way too expensive for the service. Goes up every few months with no improvement in add'l shows. Charged for fees on programs you never access and they refuse to remove. All must pay whether you watch or not, I pay $240 per month.

RCN response

Hello, Linda! Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with RCN. We strive to provide affordable service. I would be glad to review your account to make sure you are getting the best value available for your services. Please private message me your account information so I can better assist you. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you for being a valued RCN customer! -Jackie

Original review: May 10, 2018

Horrible, we arrived home today, tried to restore service. Spent one hour and 6 minutes on phone with one person. She evidently stopped working on problem and didn’t even bother to say goodbye or hang up for over 30 minutes, we then called from a cell phone and spent at least 45 minutes with her while she was trying to restore service. To give her due, she did try to save us some money, and thought she was helping us, but long story short, as she was so confident that signal and service was restored. WE HAVE NO SERVICE! We have COMCAST in Florida, when we schedule service to be restored it is done almost immediately. RCN is archaic. Do not ever suspend service, it is not worth it, they are not genuine about offering you this service. Last time we did this, they told us our boxes missed some updates, and it took us another service call to get restored. NONE OF THIS HAPPENS TO US WITH COMCAST.

RCN response

Hello, Susan! Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with RCN. I'd be happy to review your account to make sure your services are up and running properly. Please private message me your account information so I can better assist you. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you for being a valued RCN customer! -Jackie

Original review: May 5, 2018

Almost a year ago when I started with RCN the speed was just fine. But as the time progressed the speed started to variate. Especially in busy hours. Now is pretty slow, most of the times, especially on my other PC which is wi-fi connected with no major barriers or obstacles.

RCN response

Hello, Ned! Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with RCN. We strive to provide reliable service. I want to make sure your concerns are resolved, by first running some tests on your internet connection. Please private message us your account information so we can better assist you. Thank you for the time you spent with us as a valued RCN customer! -Jackie

Original review: April 26, 2018

I’ve watched my bills creep and creep and creep up. This last hike was too much. 50 mbps and phone (I don’t use) for 60.00 a month plus all the other fees... total about 87.00. The internet cuts off constantly and is not fast at all. I’m a REALTOR in the Lehigh Valley... I need my internet fast. I go on social media to find out what others have to say about RCN and it seems this rate jump issue is commonplace. We call and the lady offers us 250 mbps with phone for about 115.00 before adding all the ridiculous fees. Network access and maintenance 2.00? 8.50 charge every month for phone? A Facebook friend tells me he has 250 mbps internet only for 40.00!!! What?!! I was furious. Called back and now SUDDENLY CSR offers us same for 49.99 BUT we must pay half price for install! Um nope! I’m not paying for install.

I just told you internet has not been at all good AND you have been overcharging me for 50 Mbps when I could have had 250 mbps for less?? If anything YOU OWE ME RCN. And many others too! Tell the CSR... drop install fee and you have deal or we walk. Well, not only did she say basically go ahead and walk... she gave us 48 hours to accept her deal or deal goes away. Wow. Just wow. Go back on today to check bill and it is still 2.00 more than what I was paying before the rate hike that started this all. I’m not calling again to ask why RCN... I don’t watch tv or use home phone... I just wanted good internet which clearly you can’t provide and so I am on SECTV ordering from them. I’m done with RCN shenanigans. I don’t have the time nor the inclination to deal with crooks.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I was a customer for RCN for 7 years, and every year they were full of surprises, and I don't mean good surprises. Their prices went up and up and up, and they had no MERCY if you was late on your bill 1 or 2 days. I was late 1 time and got charged more than $9.00 late fee. Now here comes the best part... I called to cancel my services, because I'm no longer happy with their services and their liars customer service. I gave RCN $50.00 deposit refundable, if I would ever cancel my services I would get my $50.00 back.

Well I spoke with customer service who said to me that I would get my $50.00 in 10 days. 15 days passed. I called again and customer service kept me waiting for a very long time before they answered my call. When finally I spoke with someone from RCN I spoke to the lady about my $50.00 refundable that RCN promised me that I would get back if I ever canceled my services with RCN. I was promised that I would get my money in 10 days and 15 days already had passed. After talking to another customer service at RCN only got worst, this lady now tells me I have to wait 30 days for my $50.00 refundable. RCN penalized people for being late on payments, I feel that RCN should be penalized with interest for not giving you what's owed to you on time. RCN also have the worst customer service, they all lie and they all are trained to give you a different speech.

RCN response

Hello Elba! Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with RCN. We strive to provide affordable, reliable service. I'm sad to hear that you left the RCN service family. I'm sure I could have found a package that was the right fit for your needs! I would be happy to review your account to see if we can expedite your refund. Please private message us your account information so we can better assist you. Thank you for the time you spent with us as a valued RCN customer! -Jackie

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been an RCN customer for almost 20 years. Each year, they raise their prices and each year, I have to renegotiate. My most recent statement shows a +18% increase in the bundled package/total. PLUS they charge for the HD Converter, PLUS they charge for the modem. (Not possible to provide your own.) Worst of all, they charge whopping taxes of $60!!! New monthly total: $174. When calling the competitors Verizon and Spectrum, I found that there is a $7 charge for the HD Converter and modem with one; $10 for the TV box (no converter/modem) with the other. The most eye-opening aspect of this price comparison is that one competitor charges only $13.12 in taxes; the other $19.75. Total monthly charges for the two competitors range from $110 - $111. And RCN wants $174??? Something is very wrong with this picture. FEELING VERY FLEECED!!!

RCN response

Original review: March 26, 2018

I had RCN for a few years. They get you with the low rates for the first year before charging you double the following year. I decided to switch to competitor when I moved and followed all instructions upon moving, returned all equipment and paid every last dime when I owed. Forward 6 months, I see something on my credit report for a collections by RCN for $122. Not one bill was sent to me. Not one communication. What the hell are they charging me for? I no longer have their equipment, nor do I have their crappy, spotty service. When I contacted them, they said I didn't return the equipment in time so I got charged a MONTH OF SERVICE! **! I will fight this tooth and nail. What a bunch of scammers. I returned everything on time. This is just another one of their lame ass excuses to get more money from consumers. BEWARE! MONITOR YOUR CREDIT! THESE JERKS ARE OUT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY!

Original review: March 19, 2018

When I signed up with RCN they presented a plan for three years with moderate increases. Instead within 16 months my bill rose from $108.46 to $156.65. I expected the increase in the service by $12, but that was not all. They increased the rental fee from $14.95 for three converters to $32.95 a month. The surcharges went from $23.52 to $41.81. That is how they cheat you.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Cable boxes were constantly No Data. I tried to reset the box many times like I did before. After many it did not work anymore. So I called RCN for service, they sent the first technician came and by that time the signal came back. Then a few days later it acted the same thing again. So the second technician came and found the problem "signal leaked", changed the splitter and billed me $54.00. All the equipment were from Gateway which RCN acquisitioned. Leaked signal due to equipment failed is my fault? I fought with RCN about the bill and they waived it.

RCN response

Hello, thein! Thank you for reviewing your recent experience again. I understand your frustration regarding the service issue you experienced. I'm glad to hear that the second technician got this resolved for you. I see you also mentioned that we were able to credit charge for this vist for you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please email me at helpme@rcn.net with "Attn Jackie" in the subject. Thank you for being a valued RCN customer! -Jackie

Original review: March 15, 2018

What a poor service. They just increased our monthly fees from 55% to 72$ without letting us know. We called their support service and they told us they change the price for our modem after spending 10 minutes with their support (Frederick). He told us that our plan from last year was ended. We going to file complaints to the BBB.

RCN response

Hello, Tal! Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with RCN. We strive to provide the best customer care and competitively priced packages. I'm sad to hear that your experience did not meet these expectations. I would be more than happy to review your account to make sure you are getting the best value for your needs. Please email me your account information to helpme@rcn.net with "Attn Jackie" in the subject. Thank you for being a valued RCN customer! -Jackie

Original review: March 6, 2018

I no longer use RCN because they were not willing to match pricing of other ISP in my area. I had been a very long time user of RCN, but their prices kept going up. I spoke with their service reps several times with a request to lower their prices to match Verizon or Time Warner (at the time); they never agreed despite my stating I would switch. Went with Fios 5 years ago, and still have not gotten an increase in pricing! I never had a service problem with RCN, but they do not keep up with mobile apps and remote usage of their service, and they are completely unwilling to negotiate their fees. If you have options, go with a different service.

RCN response

Hello M! Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with RCN. I'm sad to hear you have left our service family! I'm sure we could have found a package that was right for your needs and budget. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to provide you our award winning service again in the future. Thank you for the time you spent with us as a valued RCN customer! -Jackie

Original review: March 4, 2018

I have had this cable co. only a few months. In January I called. I ask them to turn off my cable. I was told that they could not turn it off until I pay the Jan. bill $191.00. They did cut it off on Feb 26th. I was so upset because this I just did not understand. I think they wanted the bill to continue to add up. Then I was quoted a price of $149 per month. My bill is almost $200, per month just for phone and cable. I am very unhappy with RCN.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

The worst cable company that ever functioned. I have nothing positive to say!!! I was with them for 2 years cause I had no choice and it’s been very bitter, stressful, an emotional roller coaster, high blood pressure etc. HORRIBLE!!! 2 years of hell and back, OMG! They are all liars. From the upper management to the ghetto reps. They are unprofessional, rude, and very confused with what they say.

They supposedly make notes on your account but don’t follow through so one has to call and almost argue or beg for things to be done right each billing cycle. Bill amount is a joke! Rip off! Never expect to pay what you are offered, they double it. Ugh! I am too tired to write more but stay away. Don’t allow RCN to ruin your life or drain your account with their many errors on your billing statement. I regret doing business with them. So glad to be leaving this month and live a stress free life. No more headache and schemes! Woot!

I wish I could give negative stars, 2 years of hell! The worst ever! They are also very expensive and inconsistent in every sense of the word. Please please stay away! Hey RCN management, do better! Do better by your customers and keep your promises. Thank you God for delivering me from this company. It’s been real but I’m out! Never again RCN

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I recently had an issue where the post office destroyed a check and RCN called to tell us. I decided to pay $118.28 by credit card to avoid a late charge. They only took out $101.00 from my credit card and not the full amount, so I was behind again for another late fee. This was done intentionally so they could keep late fees piling up. Sounds like Wells Fargo bank with their extra fees. They also billed me for a tech visit to fix their equipment that was faulty and the tech told me the service would be a no charge because RCN's equipment failed causing our neighbors to lose cable and they had to pay a fee to get reconnected when RCN's equipment within my house caused the outage. What's worse, is that RCN lies when they say they will credit your account and at MyRCN account it still shows an even higher amount. They are just begging people to CUT THE CABLE.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I was recently diagnosed with a terminal disease and I am trying to put things in order. I contacted this cable company from the hospital about my VERIFIABLE my condition and I wanted them to pick up the cable boxes. Because I am not in the position to drop them off personally, they told me that I will be assessed a fee. The supervisor stated, "Although you have been a valuable customer for three years and your condition is terminal, we still need to charge you a $54.99 service fee because our guys still need to get paid regardless of your current situation."

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I'm writing this review from my phone because there's a widespread Internet outage (New York, and from I can tell, the rest of RCN service areas) and it's been 14 hours and counting. This is the second massive outage (lasted a full day) since subscribing with them nearly three years ago. As if the sporadic two to three-hour outages weren't bad enough... What makes it even more aggravating is that RCN is never transparent about the issue. They just keep pushing up the estimated time for the service to be restored every hour or so when you call customer service. It's a recorded message (forget trying to reach a live person after hours).

It took four hours for RCN to finally tweet out that the service interruption was due to a manhole fire and they needed clearance from the fire department before they could begin work. Personally, I find it hard to believe that a single manhole fire would interrupt service for the entire city. Even so, what took them so long to report this? They must have known this when they were updating those phony "estimated time service will be restored" messages. I have to admit, the service is very really good when it's working, and at a decent price, especially compared to Verizon FiOs (Internet unbundled). The upload speed could be much better. 25 Mbps upload with 300 or Gigabit download is a bit silly. All in all, I can't recommend RCN because the service is not reliable enough. Yes, Verizon is more expensive but it's more reliable (I switched from Verizon) and the connection is just as good. If given the choice, take Verizon.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Customer service is 50/50. Depends on a given day I guess and sometimes it takes 3 tries in speaking to different reps, to actually get one that sounds like they have your best interest at heart. Sub par services for overpriced packages. They title their gimmicks “packages” but charge you for everything and extra. Honestly, how do they get away with overpricing their materials and taking customers service. Decent prices if you a first time customer; only for 1year, then they hit you with all the charges!

You can basically rent a room in NYC for the price of their services. So sad. I went for $111.+ to now $153+ with some different estimates in the months in between which they attributed to how long a month was. But also two stars bc they are better with a 50/50 customer experience than with Verizon and they don’t have that chunky black box they give you for “Fios.” Their internet speed is no whoop either. Decent speed and not too many outages either. Just 2 maybe 3 this first year as a customer. Someone should really check into their customer fees though. Existing and new customers. Seriously.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Upload speeds max out at 10MBs which means that as a Subscriber with a 150 MB/sec download, I can't make much use of cloud storage options. Even their 1 Gig service tops out at 20 MBs upload. This is extremely frustrating. They also do not support IPV6 which is also frustrating. They provide 0 spam call protection and I complained about spam calls to them multiple times and just got patronizing. I dropped their overpriced $30/month phone service and went to Ooma.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

BEWARE... after your 2 year term is up with RCN they will jack you up big time and completely take advantage of you from a price perspective. A word to the wise, if buying a new home, make sure you will have cable options, since it seems that many builders make money deals with cable companies whereby they get upfront money for exclusivity as well as residuals from that cable service provider without your knowledge. Should be reasons for a class action suit since personal enrichment though deception to innocent purchasers. If there are other providers, any are better than RCN. Trust me.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Horrible doesn't describe it. After TWC became Spectrum I tried to switch to RCN. Signed up yesterday for Internet only, first they said the deals I'm seeing on the Internet are not available in my building. When I did sign up, they said for Internet only no one needs to come out because they can send a signal to my own modem and it should work within an hour. 24 hrs later I still didn't have Internet, I called customer service and they said someone has to come and activate something and that I had to pay to send a technician out!!! I'm in disbelief - I was still in the process of activating (have free activation) and they are charging me as if it's not an activation. I canceled a service I never got, I better not be charged a dime. What a waste of my time. Stay away if possible.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Service issues while had the service, had to reset the modem every few weeks and internet was never fast as advertised, even direct off the modem. You will save money from Comcast, but you get what you pay for. Slow, bad service, faulty equipment. Not to even mention customer service. They make it as hard to leave as they can in order to steal your last month of payment. There is a 2 step process to cancellation. You can't cancel online, even though there is a full account management portal. There is no help documentation on how to cancel service and avoid paying fees when you're not even using the service. Called and chatted in and they did nothing to help or keep my business. Just repeated their policies of how they can't cancel service without returned equipment etc. Can't backdate anything. Left a very bad taste in my mouth. Providers are a dime a dozen, just go with another if you don't want headaches.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I used the RCN app on August 31, 2017 to make a payment to my account. RCN uses the app as bait so you don't incur a fee for paying your bill online. I paid $199.90, which was the whole account balance, or so the app showed. Now RCN is saying that I still owe $115.05 out of nowhere. I will not be paying them an extra $115.05 because they say so!!! Do better RCN!!! Get this together!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I'm pissed that upload speeds have stayed at 10 Mbps with this company when the world is moving to Cloud storage. FIOS had 10x faster upload than this 10 years ago. It's very frustrating that they keep me off the Cloud. I don't need gigabit download, I need reasonable upload. As other ISPs have embraced IPV6, this one has no plans. Support is spotty. Sometimes you get awesome, sometimes you get the worst. I've tried using email support and a couple of times, after asking for a response a few times, I just gave up. Was just ignored. I dropped the landline. $30/month for not great sound, very few features, and absolutely no support or interest in spam blocking. I went to Ooma and I'm saving $25/month and have bunches of great features, including spam blocking and better sound. Like others, I'm stuck with my ISP because there are no other options. I'm frustrated.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

First of all, for the record, I have been a user of RCN since its invention and I have always recommend it to all, and I love the service. It's excellent, it's better than anything else in this area. It never goes out, it's faster than anything and it works like a charm. Therefore, I'm extremely saddened that I have had the following issue with them which is making me cancel my service. I tried to come to a resolution but it wasn't possible. The representative was extremely abrasive and only partially willing to work with me. I have autopay enabled and I didn't have the proper funds in the account last month so the payment bounced. I was notified via email and called right in to pay the balance with another card.

Now today I receive a notice that I owe $85.30 ($60.30 for Internet and $25 auto-pay bounce fee). I called in and the representative was extremely difficult but managed to remove the fee as "a one-time courtesy", and I thanked her. Then she goes on to tell me I owe another $25 fee because the next autopay bounced this month. I wasn't notified this time of any bounce, nor did I even receive a statement. The only notification I received was today stating I owe $60.30 + the $25 bounce fee. She claims when I called in last time that I switched autopay off (why would I do that? I didn't). If it's off, then how do I have an autopay bouncing fee? How does that even make sense? Then she claims I have received both calls and emails about it bouncing.

I check my email constantly all day long as I work online and there is no email whatsoever from this company besides advertisements of the McGregor fight, miscellaneous advertisements for services and today's notice that I owe them. Never once was there a notice telling me my payment bounced, or even a monthly statement. This is a fact which the representative argued heavily, telling me I'm wrong and they did email numerous times and call numerous times. I am tuned into my phone 24/7 as that's how I run my home business and file all emails into a billing folder. I know for a fact I did not receive the mail and I highly doubt she has information on hand to see who received what via email.

Also, again... If autopay off, then how do I have an autopay bouncing fee? Obviously this logic is extremely flawed and doesn't make any sense. I can admit to the first one being my fault, but how do you disable autopay on me and then charge me an autopay bouncing fee? No matter how many times I say this aloud it makes no sense. At any rate, she was becoming increasingly confrontational. I asked her to remove the next charge but she refused. So I said I do not want to do business with your company if that's the case because what you're doing is probably illegal and at least wrong, send my call to the cancellations department. She wouldn't transfer my call, she was screaming and arguing and flipping out in a psychotic rage. Totally nuts! I had her on speaker and my family in the room heard her freaking out.

I hung up and called the cancellations department directly and set the cancellation date for September 9th which is the end of my billing cycle. 10 minutes after I'm off the phone my Internet goes down. I wait 20 minutes in case it's a coincidence, but it doesn't come back up. I call cancellations and tell them it's not supposed to be off yet, then he asked which day I wanted it off. Clearly the other representative didn't put the date in (despite her specifically asking me which day I'd like to disconnect), or perhaps the original representative I spoke to took out her revenge on me (wouldn't put it past her after the display she put on). So I had the cable reinstated until the 9th again and it's working as of now.

I am highly disappointed in this company and I am currently filing a complaint with the FCC and the Massachusetts Attorney General. I am saddened that it has come to this, and disgusted at their lack of communication and selection of customer service representatives. At the foundation it's simply a $25 charge, but the principle of the matter (charging me for autopay bounce when they admit it's off, and unwillingness to work out the issue) outweighs any dollar amount and has made me lose trust in this company. I am saddened to lose their service but I cannot put trust into this company any longer.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I was moving on July 10th and put in a shut off request for July 12th, just in case I was there a day or two extra. My usual billing due date was the 29th of the month. So, I figured I had about a half month's credit coming back to me. Then, I get a bill for $6.67. I called them about this and was told, get this, that even though my shut off was for July 12th, the technician didn't get there until July 20th. Like that was my fault that the guy didn't get there until over a week after I scheduled the shut off.

So I was told I would get a credit when it all sorted out but even though the guy came on the 20th it was STILL 9 days before my next bill was due, so there STILL shouldn't have been any charge no matter how small it was. I'm currently waiting to see if I get the credit which is due to me or whether I'm going to have to go round and round with them. It's a small amount of money but it's the principle of the thing to me. Like I'm supposed to pay for their mistake.

RCN Company Information