2.9/5 (910 ratings)

About Altice

Altice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?

Original review: May 15, 2022

It has been a nightmare having Optimum service. Technicians have been to my home a dozen times, they say the issue is fixed and it never, EVER is. I have to call again, wait in the 3 hour window and the same problem keeps happening with confident assurances from Optimum that it's fixed. The problem is they have a monopoly; I have no other choice for Internet service so why should I get good service? If you have any other choice, take it! I would drop Optimum in a second if I could.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I cannot believe how bad this service is. No one could prepare me. I am not an early adopter so I tried to wait before converting to Altice - hoping it would get all of the bugs out - it did not. It is clear that there is an attempt to provide some pretty high level but none of the matters if there is a problem every month. I got the service in Nov/Dec 2021 and I've already had at least 3-4 service calls and countless calls with customer service. Issues like DVR & On-Demand will not play [error message - there's an issue playing video... VID4], pixelation issues, the cable box needed to be swapped out, the wires needed to be updated... & this is since December, it's April. No one could have prepared me, there is no way I'd imagine the excessive encountered over 6 month period but I am done, preparing to have it removed. I do not have the time required to get consistent service; I just do not have the time to waste and I cannot get the time already wasted back.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I have Altice also known as Cablevision/Optimum, they change your packages without your knowledge, charging you so much more! Then they sort the packages so that the channels you watch, they take away/change so that you have to pay a higher amount for a package that has your channels, how is this not illegal! Customers are tired of this practice by cable companies and don't understand why our government doesn't step in and help customers who are ripped off by these cable companies! There seems to be no help, especially for senior on fixed incomes. Time to rise against cable companies!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Signed up 3 months ago, my internet drops 10-15 times per day. They have sent techs who can’t solve the problem. They keep saying that it’s an issue with the wiring outside of my building but they keep sending techs to inspect the modem in my apt.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I heard a good service plan on Optimum mobile in Bossier City, LA. Julie, my retail sales consultant, is a very courteous and answered all of my questions on paper because I am deaf and preferred to write down questions or answers as part of communication. She worked hard to switch service on my current iPhone. My wife and I are satisfied with everything she did for us. Again, thanks!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

From problem to problem and let me, customer be a victim. Never take responsibility of their own mistakes. Canceled the service but still charging me. Big mistake moving to Altice. Very unprofessional. Learned my lesson.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Had a month of tv pixelation and drop out of all channels. Called Altice/Optimum and got run around. One person said it was not me but a transfer box situation. Another had me go thru all the routines which fixed nothing. Finally got one of two service calls. The first guy had trouble with English, did not come in the house at all. Said it was on a line down the road. He would get back to me. He never did and the problem was not fixed. Called again and finally got a guy who knew what he was doing.

Never came in the house. Checked the outside connection near my transformer and said there was badly a signal coming from the road below. He arranged for another guy to come the next day and fix something on a telephone pole down the road. At least three poles away from my property. I was billed $80 for a service call which brought my monthly bill to $390 instead of the usual $305. I have tried three times in vain to get credit for the service call charge. Keep saying they will check with their supervisor and I get nothing from anyone. I checked with the service guy number two and he said the jerk number one was an outside contractor and that was the service charge. He could not fight my battles for me but said I should keep trying.

This company, since it was taken over by the French Altice sucks to high heaven. They are out to screw the consumer and should be shut down so we can get a decent company. During the pandemic, we could get no one from the company to do anything including answering the phone. They had no problem collecting fees though. The local phone company has phone and a slow internet of up to 75mbs. If they were faster I would use them and Directv. But 75 is not fast enough. I had Directv come but their ATT system is not compatible with Optimum and when hooked up, I cannot get internet. I think the FCC should ride herd on these incompetents and shut them down.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I ordered my cable service when there was a promotional gift card available. I was told I would get my $100 gift card in 90 days if my account was in good standing order. 120+ days I call them to find out when I will be receiving said GC. I was told that I will not be receiving a gift card because when my service was actually installed (a few days after the initial call to Optimum/Altice) the promotion was no longer available. WHAT???? If this is not a bait and switch then I don't know what is!! They offer you something and then never follow through with their offer. And when you call to collect said offer they deny it was ever available to you. Such horrible business practice! Liars Liars Liars. Too bad I am STUCK with this provider and have no other choice available to me.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have Altice One: Cable - Phone - Internet package, and I've never been so disappointed. I live in a bustling community in New York (nowhere rural), and yet, the WiFi service is terrible. It drops every 5 minutes! It's extremely frustrating; I work from home, so you can imagine how stressful this is. The cable is awful, too. Every few days, I have to reset the cable fox to fix the buggy UI. I know Altice One may be cheaper than other carriers, but there is a reason!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I have had their service since they began using Sprint and AT&T cell towers, they switched to AT&T and T-Mobile's tower and Optimum has now taken over as their provider. I have been extremely pleased with their services, the only complaint I have with the carrier, is their limited selection of phones.

Altice Company Information