ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.11/5

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Cablevision Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

We called to lower our overall cable (Optimium) bill and immediately after doing so our DVR stopped working. We made 5 phone calls and talked to multiple representatives for over 2 hours. Still not fixed! Customer Service people are rude and very difficult to understand. HORRIBLY RUN COMPANY! Stay away if possible.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

The worst company I’ve ever dealt with! My TV was constantly not getting a wi fi connection. They said they would send someone over free of charge. He didn’t show up for the appointment. I called again. Said they would send him the next day, again he didn’t show up. He finally showed up the 3rd day and right after he left the TV wi fi stopped working again, four times in a couple of hours. I was on the phone for three hours with them. I asked to speak with a supervisor I was put on hold and then the call was dropped, this happened three times. Received a bill that was twice what I usually pay. I called and was told by the billing department the extra charge was because I was not home when their service man came, which was a total lie, again I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was put on hold and then the call was dropped.

I called again. Same story again call dropped after Requesting to speak with a supervisor. The third call the story changed altogether, said they were charging me $80 for a service call which they had told me I did not have to pay because of all the problems I was having with the service. I will never have to deal with them again. I canceled everything and brought back their equipment today. I’m going with Fios. No company could be as bad as them.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I swear to you there was one time when I used to like cable TV but that time has long gone. This company is greedy and if it wasn't for my slumdog management that secured a deal with Cablevision making sure that no one in the building can install any other service such as Dish TV or any other services. I would have changed my services.

These people charged me double every month and they don't even update the movies. I barely watch cable. I just use it to access my Netflix. How did I go from an $89 Platinum package" to paying close to $200 a month. I don't get it but cablevision will be quick to turn their service is off if you're a day late on their payment. Then once you have a balance of zero it's like they charge you two months in advance so the next time you look at your bill it's over $300. I can't wait till I move from this area where the management isn't corrupt and I can get a better service other than cablevision and save my hard-earned money.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

They claim to provide a better service but that is a lie. The 64.99 is not the correct price. After fees and surcharges, it's about $30 extra. There's even a TV surcharge (I have only 1 tv). I installed the service a little bit over a month ago and so far I have been calling every week and had 2 technicians to check on my service which is glitching and giving me a pixelated screen. The customer service is a joke and I even had someone laugh at me when I told him nobody had helped me with my issues. I don't usually leave reviews but they need to be stopped. They are stealing from people.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Cablevision is a scam. I got a bill for $80. I only had the service for a week. Technician had to come out three times, come to found out it was a outage in my area. I’m not paying that $80 for Cablevision mistakes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cablevision?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Cablevision was suppose to show up between 2 and 5 for installation of 3 cable boxes. I called at 230pm stated they would come at 430 pm. At this point they didn't show up and didn't call... When I called at 530pm they had the nerve to try to reschedule?? Get Lost!! No excuses just no one available... You want to reschedule. I told he well stay with Verizon...NO THANKS!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I live in a multi family home. My neighbor had Cablevision come to install cable for her, and in doing so, the technician that came for her replaced all of the available connections in the shared space with all the building's cable wires. I was on vacation. When I came home, I had no cable connection. After talking to support for several hours, they said they'd send a technician out, but would charge me if it was my fault. The technician that came to assist me assured me it wasn't my fault, and that the previous technician replaced connections and they were faulty.

Fast forward to my bill, and the $100 charge I received. I called up to verify, and after spending countless hours speaking to a dozen or more customer support specialists, I was called a liar, I was told they had no reason to believe me, and I was told it was my fault. Great. Also, I could literally see how all the connections were replaced previously, and could have my neighbor who was here when the installation happen back me up.

Cablevision supervisors tell me they blame me and won't consider reimbursing me. So what am I supposed to do? I'm not paying for something their own technician broke. I am going to cancel my service and not pay my bill. Their customer service has been insulting, and they haven't looked out for me at all, as a customer. I am being offended and angry at this abusive treatment. It's worth noting that if this was my fault, or due to degradation from time, I would have gladly paid for this fee. What a horrible company that doesn't care if you've been a long time customer.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So I guess that Cablevision/Altice hire these independent contractors to install and/or repair work. There is an $80 charge if it is YOUR problem, there is no charge if it's a Cablevision problem. My technician - had to fix an issue at the pole (Obviously a Cablevision problem), however the technician SIGNED my name to the work order indicating he did the work inside my home and that I agreed to the $80 charge. Many calls to customer service were a run around. Finally I called the corporate office and asked for Mr. Goie who is the CEO. Evidently there is an Executive Customer Service number 631-846-5317. Still have not found out how widespread this SIGNATURE FRAUD ISSUE is. BEWARE. I would videotape or voice record your technician on service calls.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I returned from vacation to find my cable box display had Err. Called. Explained situation. Went and picked up my first box replacement. Same Err. After replacement number three requested service. In the last seven days with 3 service appointments I still have not had any tech to my house. They keep pushing the appointment time. Received a call an hour prior to the time frame. Was told they need to cancel. They did not have a tech available. It is now day going on 2 weeks and 3 appts later still no cable. I have taken to date 2 days off work without pay. Shame on CableVision.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I can’t begin to express how frustrated this company makes me. From canceled appointments to no shows to being on hold on the phone countless times to dispute charges that are incorrect and when you ask to speak to a supervisor the say they are going to put you on hold and conveniently hang up on you. I can’t believe this is the only company we can get for internet and cable in the town of Brookhaven. Shame on them

Not sure about Cablevision?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right satellite or cable TV provider for you.

Cablevision Company Information