Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.24/5

470 Cablevision Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I live in a multi family home. My neighbor had Cablevision come to install cable for her, and in doing so, the technician that came for her replaced all of the available connections in the shared space with all the building's cable wires. I was on vacation. When I came home, I had no cable connection. After talking to support for several hours, they said they'd send a technician out, but would charge me if it was my fault. The technician that came to assist me assured me it wasn't my fault, and that the previous technician replaced connections and they were faulty.

Fast forward to my bill, and the $100 charge I received. I called up to verify, and after spending countless hours speaking to a dozen or more customer support specialists, I was called a liar, I was told they had no reason to believe me, and I was told it was my fault. Great. Also, I could literally see how all the connections were replaced previously, and could have my neighbor who was here when the installation happen back me up.

Cablevision supervisors tell me they blame me and won't consider reimbursing me. So what am I supposed to do? I'm not paying for something their own technician broke. I am going to cancel my service and not pay my bill. Their customer service has been insulting, and they haven't looked out for me at all, as a customer. I am being offended and angry at this abusive treatment. It's worth noting that if this was my fault, or due to degradation from time, I would have gladly paid for this fee. What a horrible company that doesn't care if you've been a long time customer.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So I guess that Cablevision/Altice hire these independent contractors to install and/or repair work. There is an $80 charge if it is YOUR problem, there is no charge if it's a Cablevision problem. My technician - had to fix an issue at the pole (Obviously a Cablevision problem), however the technician SIGNED my name to the work order indicating he did the work inside my home and that I agreed to the $80 charge. Many calls to customer service were a run around. Finally I called the corporate office and asked for Mr. Goie who is the CEO. Evidently there is an Executive Customer Service number 631-846-5317. Still have not found out how widespread this SIGNATURE FRAUD ISSUE is. BEWARE. I would videotape or voice record your technician on service calls.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I returned from vacation to find my cable box display had Err. Called. Explained situation. Went and picked up my first box replacement. Same Err. After replacement number three requested service. In the last seven days with 3 service appointments I still have not had any tech to my house. They keep pushing the appointment time. Received a call an hour prior to the time frame. Was told they need to cancel. They did not have a tech available. It is now day going on 2 weeks and 3 appts later still no cable. I have taken to date 2 days off work without pay. Shame on CableVision.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I can’t begin to express how frustrated this company makes me. From canceled appointments to no shows to being on hold on the phone countless times to dispute charges that are incorrect and when you ask to speak to a supervisor the say they are going to put you on hold and conveniently hang up on you. I can’t believe this is the only company we can get for internet and cable in the town of Brookhaven. Shame on them

Original review: July 26, 2019

Today has been the worst experience with Cablevision. You learn to shrug off the rude behavior from customer service over the years but this time the Cablevision/Altice has completely been turned around and has become anti-customer service, user-friendly NOT. First the repeated confirmation of telephone, address, etc. each time I had to call back. There is software that confirms all this so it is a big waste of time. Not only for your hourly employees but an aggravation towards your customer base.

I had to make ten (10) phone calls this morning to obtain credit back on a bundle service I did not ask for. No credits were given. They need to come out to downgrade a box and want to charge $60 – why can’t I just drop it off and get the other router? I was left on hold, hung up on, yelled at, misunderstood and was refused to be transferred to a Supervisor when I asked repeatedly for one. You have your money now but that revenue stream is now gone. I have cancelled BOTH of my accounts. I won’t use your service again. After 45 years. Such a disappointment. And waste of MY money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cablevision?

Original review: July 23, 2019

Over 40 minutes on hold to get someone to talk to for an internet issue. Prices are ridiculous...as soon as they get some competition they will be done for. They offer absolutely nothing for the money they charge. Would be nice to have some service that reflects their charges.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Been a customer of these crooks for nearly 20 years and now this is the final straw! Cablevision are a nothing but a bunch of money hungry extortion crooks! First, for the past 3 years I've never received a statement from these **, and kept on calling every single time, not set up for e-statements, signed up for paper billing. Even though they claim they send out the statements they have no proof except their worthless lies. We receive disconnect notices but never statements. So they decide to play their bs games.

First they refuse to pay for postage to send out statements, then they get too cheap ** to send a normal letter for disconnections, so they switched over to 20 cent postcards and now they are too cheap to pay for that. Because of these morons, we just used the disconnection notices as the due dates and what was owed. So now 5 months go by and we haven’t seen anything. So this morons are using the statements (that never come) as disconnection notices. Real cheap **. So all of the sudden without an email, phone call, nothing, our service gets disconnects. First they want $250 for the past due amount, ok no problem. It’s what we owe. They steal that amount, get put on hold, now they are demanding another $265 to reactivate the account.

At this time we're saying go ** yourself. Just paid it just to get the services going and dispute the charge later for extortion. You think it’s over, mind you we already paid $500 and nothing yet. All of the sudden, they want to charge my account another $550 because out of nowhere their system doesn’t allow them to change anything unless we pay another $500. At this point, we told cablevision to Go ** themselves. The 3 charges went on our bank account which we will be disputing for once, and be taking this to the attorney general’s office, for misleading and deceptive billing and business practices.

If we just called the automated system it was 1/2 the amount and the service would of been restored. For $250, but somehow these ** extorted and blackmailed us for 4x what was owed. ON top of that these ** tried to put the blame on us, and they reset our account to suggested retail. So any special promotions and deals we had grandfathered in for 10 plus years were lost because of these con artists. NEVER AGAIN WE WILL DEAL WITH OPTIMUM!

Original review: July 13, 2019

The technician came without warning, one day earlier than the appointment was scheduled. They charged me $80 for cancellation and refused to reconsider. This is not right! The explanation from the officer is that e-mail warning was sent about the visit. Why should a customer pay for their logistical errors? Why they do not make warning of potential charges when the appointment is set by phone? Why they do not require confirmation of changes in schedule sent thru e-mail?

Original review: June 26, 2019

Cablevision customer of over 20 years. We are a CPA firm in an office building with other tenants and on April 15th 2019, our tax deadline, we reported that our internet was down. A technician came in an unmarked van with out-of-state plates went into the building's utility room and could not find the problem. As it turned out the problem was on a telephone pole across the street. We were shocked to see that Cablevision charged us $60 for a service call despite the fact that building's other Cablevision customers were also out.

When we first called to complain, we were promised a supervisor would call us back....never happened. Called again, call center agent assured me that the $60 charge is being removed. The ended up being a lie.... Two weeks later and without warning they shut down our service because we did not pay the $60 service call fee. Please note we continued to pay our regular monthly bill. The supervisor I spoke with, Ricardo, employee code ** said they could not remove the charge because the technician's notes said "he went into the closet to fix a wire." It's not our closet!!!! Plus, the issue was on a utility pole across the street. I have witnesses who can verify the 100% accuracy of the above event.

Original review: June 3, 2019

This company is an absolute disappointment. I get nothing but horrible service. Unfortunately they have a monopoly in my area so I have no other choice. I’m considering cancelling cable and internet at this point. Customer service is horrible, I can’t stream tv for ten minutes without my internet going out for 20 minutes. Customer service says they are aware of the problem but can’t do anything about it. No money back, no discount. Cancelling my service in hopes another decent company comes along. Shame on you Optimum.

Cablevision Company Information