2.9/5 (915 ratings)

About Altice

Altice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

We've had Optimum for a while now because we had no choice. They have been expensive and in return have provided awful service. Just when we thought things couldn't get worse, they proved us wrong. Enter Altice to the scene. We were forced to change over to their system over the past couple of years. The technicians are terrible. Their hardware is ancient. The box makes loud buzzing sounds all day long. We have to restart the box multiple times a week (unplug and re-plug to reset).

Cable and internet keeps dropping. The remote has multiple issues. And worst of all? You cannot talk to anyone. Call their toll-free number and an AI voice sends you on a wild-goose chase trying to "diagnose" your problem. It is nothing more than a tactic to keep you from talking to a human - who by the way will probably not be able to resolve your issues anyway. I am so done with Altice and Optimum - but have no other option! How is this even allowed? How and where do I escalate this?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The equipment is bad, the technicians don't show up. Appointments are dropped without notice. CS management is non existent. Where do I start? Go somewhere else. I have been trying address poor internet service for 6 months. I have gone through 3 cable boxes and 2 Wifi Routers. If there is an outage in the area, all service appointments get dropped without notice. So, I take off of work unnecessarily, and they do not compensate me. I have to pay a service charge if I am not here, why not the opposite. They get away with bad service only because Fios is worse.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Our service has been bad lately. Horrible wifi that won’t even support a zoom call. DVR that won’t play back. Called customer service and they said our boxes needed to be upgraded as they’re too old even though they’re only from 2019. Fine. We set up an appt. The tech flat out lies saying we weren’t home when they never called nor came to the home. I asked to escalate the situation to a supervisor and all he said was he’ll notate it on the account after I said I’d like them to. Other than a bland apology they offered no recourse for wasting my time and money. I have to take off another day of work for them to arrive again without calling beforehand like they’re supposed to. They were here for 2 hours just to replace 3 boxes of their own service. I’m giving this company a final chance to redeem themselves service wise but their customer service is terrible.

Original review: July 6, 2022

On 06/28/22, I spoke with Celso, a supervisor and he agreed that the contracted tech who came to our home that day conducted "poor workmanship" by leaving us with no home phone, no fiber box for our second TV and no extender as per the work order. The tech installed the modem in our garage and told us that's what he was told to do and had to go to another job so he left. We were promised a callback within 24-72 hours at which time a Field Supervisor would set-up an appointment for a "seasoned Optimum tech" to come to our home and fix these issues. We never got the callback. I called again and told case #** was escalated and was promised a callback with 24 hours. Now OVER A WEEK LATER and still no callback meaning loss of services. We need assistance in resolving this matter. Calling Optimum, messaging on Facebook, has proven useless.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I am traumatized by the incredibly bad service of this company. You think that is unreal but YEP, THEY ARE THAT BAD. I had to pay $170 dollars to cancel a service they never installed. But fine!! They just disappeared for me from now on.

Original review: June 14, 2022

We had a local cable/internet provider we were pleased with. Optimum bought them and things were still fine until we dropped cable and increased internet bandwidth. The new modem doesn't seem compatible with the old cable lines. I've had four service calls and each tech made some adjustment or other. The most recent added some device to the coax connection at the modem and my eero mesh stopped working. I removed it. The problem is that the internet drops sporadically or the quality is so poor MS Teams puts my call on hold owing to poor internet quality. I work from home and run a sideline doing coaching. I can't tolerate being dropped mid-call at work or with a client.

What makes this more frustrating is that there seems not to be any escalation path. The only people I can speak with repeat the same tried-and-failed measures. I am going to downgrade the bandwidth, forcing them to give me a different modem model. Let's see what that does. I have been angry and have been brought to tears. If I had a good alternative in my area, I would switch in a heartbeat. I do not.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I cannot believe how bad this service is. No one could prepare me. I am not an early adopter so I tried to wait before converting to Altice - hoping it would get all of the bugs out - it did not. It is clear that there is an attempt to provide some pretty high level but none of the matters if there is a problem every month. I got the service in Nov/Dec 2021 and I've already had at least 3-4 service calls and countless calls with customer service. Issues like DVR & On-Demand will not play [error message - there's an issue playing video... VID4], pixelation issues, the cable box needed to be swapped out, the wires needed to be updated... & this is since December, it's April. No one could have prepared me, there is no way I'd imagine the excessive encountered over 6 month period but I am done, preparing to have it removed. I do not have the time required to get consistent service; I just do not have the time to waste and I cannot get the time already wasted back.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I have Altice also known as Cablevision/Optimum, they change your packages without your knowledge, charging you so much more! Then they sort the packages so that the channels you watch, they take away/change so that you have to pay a higher amount for a package that has your channels, how is this not illegal! Customers are tired of this practice by cable companies and don't understand why our government doesn't step in and help customers who are ripped off by these cable companies! There seems to be no help, especially for senior on fixed incomes. Time to rise against cable companies!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Signed up 3 months ago, my internet drops 10-15 times per day. They have sent techs who can’t solve the problem. They keep saying that it’s an issue with the wiring outside of my building but they keep sending techs to inspect the modem in my apt.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I heard a good service plan on Optimum mobile in Bossier City, LA. Julie, my retail sales consultant, is a very courteous and answered all of my questions on paper because I am deaf and preferred to write down questions or answers as part of communication. She worked hard to switch service on my current iPhone. My wife and I are satisfied with everything she did for us. Again, thanks!

Altice Company Information