1.57/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

451 Cablevision Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 1, 2018

I've read so of the reviews/complaints about Cablevision... especially those from Putnam Valley... my hometown. We as a people, as abused consumers, need to unite against this very wrong, very broken, very corrupt company who claims to serve us wonderfully! DID YOU KNOW that Cablevision no longer has the Manpower, nor the Equipment (Bucket-trucks/Rack-trucks, etc) to take care of their own infrastructure, and must rely on VERIZON to fix their lines after a storm?

Such the case after the month of March '18, and yet again during the third week of May '18. They treat service outages caused by severe damage to their infrastructure, as if it were a cable box or cable jack repair in someone's home! Then, when one of their Techs show up on your block to witness their network wiring laying in the Roadway, they either run away because their limited Van Mounted buckets and or/or ladders, can't help them perform the work which needs to be done.

DID YOU KNOW that Cablevision has a paid monopoly in Putnam Valley? (naming only one Town in which I'm certain of!) Yes boys and girls, Cablevision/Optimum pays the Town of Putnam Valley, $170K+ per year to keep competitors like VERIZON/Fios, out of our Town!!! Sounds illegal? You're probably right! What to do??? LET'S FIND THE RIGHT EARS!!! Are there any Lawyers out there, willing to help with a class action suit?

DID YOU KNOW that Cablevision has a cute little game called 'How Avoid Paying Credits to customers'? But seriously boys and girls, I had tried to collect a usage credit for nearly three weeks of downtime during March and the week+ in May. I was told that Cablevision had logged from my accounts telephone #, only about a week of downtime. So in other words, when you call Cablevision to report some service downtime, the telephone number from which you are calling gets logged into their system.

If you don't or can't reach a human, and explain that the cell phone # from which you are forcibly calling, CABLEVISION may not record your call as a complaint, therefore, the call may not be logged in as such, hence, if you subsequently try to say a credit is due, thus using your complaint as proof of the complaint. You may be shocked to learn that Cablevision MAY NOT have a record of your complaint because all was not perfectly aligned with their 'complaint protocol'!

Has anyone tried to reach a Human Operator during a Power Outage... especially one where Power and Cable Lines are laying in our roadways, thus power had been out for days? And if that's not enough to get your steamed. Imagine getting credit for a second account to your property! Unless the second account was also mentioned as part of your complaint. Cablevision will conveniently refuse to give you a credit for the second account because it 'was never included' in their complaint log. We really need to do something more about forcing Cablevision to give us what we are paying for! Any comments, any Lawyers willing to help???

Original review: May 25, 2018

Service is an abomination. Disconnects are common. They always try to add more services even when your intent is to delete services. Their email system is complicated and does not work. Prices are high with no value added. The only positive statement is that the other cable companies are the same. When I disconnected from their system (I moved out of state), they insisted I had to pay an extra two weeks of service because they only disconnect on the date my statement is issued. Bills only go up. Sometimes a nickel. Sometimes five dollars with no explanation. Basically they have a license to steal.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2018

This company is awful. Prices are high and customer support sucks. Since the new owner came aboard the company went downhill even to the employees. Some were fired and other have different days/hours. I have cut my landline and my television from them and I just have internet service.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Cablevision keeps raising the price and reducing service. Closed the office nearest us, we now have to drive over an hour to get or replace a box. Charge $10 a month for required cable boxes, outrageous. Now paying over $10 month for broadcast fees mostly to support sports I don't watch. Make sports pay per view and see what happens to those multi million dollar contracts our overpaid athletes receive. $200 a month for a cable service is excessive, hard on seniors who rely on it for entertainment.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Cablevision Internet service is horrible. I have had such a bad experience with their service. My mobile phone, and iPad constantly kept saying I am offline but yet I can see I have bars showing I had service. It just kept bouncing back and forward. The router they supplied was not able to keep up even though It was a 5G router, I also paid more money for speed that I never got. I had to go and shell out $400.00 to buy an Orbi router plus two satellites so I can get better internet service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cablevision?

Original review: May 4, 2018

Monthly fees are way too high for basic tv and poor channel selection for the price! DVR is a pain as the hard drive is not in the cable box! Cable boxes should be free!

Original review: April 29, 2018

Very few outages and generally I have no problems with the service. Occasionally they get into it with a channel, we lose it for awhile, with no relief but ultimately we seem to get the channel back.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I try to change my services from Verizon to Cablevision. Tech come late. Never call. The next day I call Cablevision to refund my money back!! Almost a month pass by still no money back!! Cablevision it’s a fraud company. I had to call my credit card to get my money back!!!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Cablevision is using the power of domination in Suffolk County since there is no other companies. They overcharging customer extra money with poor customer service. Recently my only service left with them is internet. Cablevision is charging me $80 monthly for a very slow internet. Additional, due to equipment condition and the untrained employees, customers always experience service issues. After few call attempts to solve my internet issue they decided yesterday 03/27 to schedule an appointment for a technician to fix the issue between 8 am and 11 am. I took the day off to help the technician gain access to the house. However, no technician came in and I never receive a follow-up phone call.

I called Cablevision again but I was surprised they decided not to do it today and asked me if I want to schedule another appointment in 2 days. I tried to speak to a supervisor but they always get promises that I will receive a call but I never did. I use internet for my business and each day is costing me money. Their business is existing because of us and it's time to teach them a lesson. Please if you have an issue try to spread it in social media so other people be is informed. Finally, it's time to sign a petition to have Cablevision retires from service or have a competitor company. I hope they will learn how to manage a business and value the customers. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO TREAT THE CUSTOMERS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have been without cable, phone, internet service since Tuesday 3/13. I called Cablevision SEVERAL TIMES to get an appt. Got one for Thursday 3/15 bet 11-3 someone came by (they claim) and did not ring my bell but stated they called the home phone (the said phone that's indicated on the complaint as not working ???). I called to ask how could this be as I was home anyway. I asked to speak to their corp office to make a complaint and was told they don't have a # for corporate??? I also indicate that can I get an emergency appt seeing I have been waiting so long and he technician messed up. Was told no.

I called my marketing rep who informed me of a 516-803-2300 # to call and that gave me a rep who took my complaint and advise me she elevated my call and a higher up will be getting back in touch with me. She also gave me a new date 3/17 bet 5-8 pm appt. Well Mr. wonderful technician showed up tonight and was asking me to tell him where a "slicer" was I was like??? So I told him I have no idea what that is and he went outside his van and drove off frustrated. I don't work for Cablevision sir I don't know that term. Me: ??? So I called Cablevision right away and was told the dispatch dept was closed so no one can contact the tech. I have never seen such unprofessionalism in my life. And to see I am a customer for over 15 yrs. So they gave me a new apt for mon 3/19 ALL DAY. That mean my ** has to sit at home all day. The worst. They fail to realize we the customer has options. Time Warner or DirecTV. I will def switch.

Original review: March 13, 2018

In Suffolk County, New York we have only one cable provider and they take full advantage of that status. My cable went out March 10th. They said they would come if we agreed to be home all day, 10 AM to 8 PM. Not only did they not come, they also did not give us the courtesy of a call to say that they would not be coming. They called the next day to ask if we wanted to reschedule. My cable had magically come on at that point so I declined. Today, March 13th, my cable is again out, upon calling I am told no one can look at it until March 20th. We pay our bill on time and have for almost 30 years, apparently Cablevision does not care, I mean, what other service can I use.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I was so disappointed with the last two providers for TV, internet etc. I canceled when my contracts were up. So far, I am very pleased with Cablevision. From Bob the installer to the svc rep, Amber, both were exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. Reception is good and love the channel selections!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Representatives were unable to answer any questions, we were disconnected twice and the first rep noted on the account that we refused service because of a fee! We never even spoke about that during the conversation. An outright lie! Internet cable and phone are all out since Saturday morning. No one can come until Tuesday! Unacceptable time frame. People depend on the internet for livelihoods! Don't believe their commercials, "they will even come on Sunday". That's only if they have technicians that will work on Sundays! Calling other cable providers to switch ASAP!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018 My so called Triple Play went down today. Called Cablevision. They can't have anyone there until 3 days from my call. Why? They said they are busy. HUH???

Also Cablevision keeps raising monthly fees by leaps and bounds. Their ads for low monthly charges are a joke. Stay with them for a year and the ** let loose. Btw, 100++ channels in their gold package and there is nothing worth watching, most of the movies are 15+ years old. Don't waste your money with them. I am exploring Verizon and Directv and I may just go with a basic package and add Hulu or Netflix -- less than 1/3 the price of the nasties at Cablevision. Sorry to vent but Cablevision really, really SUCKS, BIG TIME, and their telephone reps are horrendous people!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have been a loyal Cablevision customer since 2001. When I moved one town over in 2013 they said I couldn't take my old service with me, so I had to get a new telephone number, inconvenience #1. Then, after my two year contract was up, I called to negotiate w/ them to see if they could offer me a package (which they were always willing to do in the past) to get my bill down to below $250 a month, but I was told, and I quote "there's no special pricing available that you would qualify for at this time", inconvenience #2. Gee, after I cancelled my phone and internet services, they started calling me with "new pricing"... How convenient!!! Now they bill me a month in advance for my services and if I don't pay them by the 5th of every month, they shut me off, inconvenience #3.

Now they dropped Starz Encore and replaced them with channels I have absolutely no use for. The Cowboy Channel... Really?! Inconvenience #4. Not to mention that I am still paying top buck for losing about a dozen channels and programming where they don't show any movies newer than 06/2017. They claim to have cutting-edge programming... Really??!!! I don't call seeing "Fried Green Tomatoes", which was produced in 1991 three times in a given week "cutting edge programming"... inconvenience #5. Unfortunately, where I live, the only cable provider available is Cablevision because Fios isn't available and Dish can't be installed because I live in the middle of the woods which interfere with the signal. It's a shame that they have monopolized the market and are unwilling to work with their customers. Because, if I had a viable choice, I'd disconnect them in a heartbeat.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

The sales representative said we were going to get a $250 gift card for signing up. When we didn’t receive it two months later I called. They said I had to be a customer for three months. When I called back a few months later they said it was on its way. When I called several months later they said they never offered it to me. When I said I had it in writing they put me on hold and then said I waited too long to call and ask for it. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they put me on hold for twenty minutes and then said they would call me back. I waited a week. They never called.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Have you heard that Cablevision has had a dispute with STAR and therefore removed 15 channels from our existing packages without giving the people a price reduction?! I have been on the phone with them a number of times trying to explain that they cannot remove 15 channels and charge the same rate! This should be illegal and existing customers should call and complain!

We are all being cheated! I have tried to explain to two different managers how important it is that Cablevision do the right thing in regards to its hardworking and loyal customers. How DARE they take away 15+ channels (Yes, I know... you added 5 and contractually services change--Get a NEW SCRIPT for your customer care!!! Anyone that see right through that--YOU'RE SCAMMING THE PEOPLE!!!) Do the right thing by your customers! Offer other packages at a lower rate until you solve your company's dispute with Star! Boycott this company! I am setting up my cancel date on 1:00 pm today! ENOUGH!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I called 2 weeks ago and inquired about the costs of canceling my service. The rep talk me I can cancel anytime and they would prorate my bill. Today I canceled, 1 day into the next billing cycle. They want me to pay for an entire month even though I canceled a few hours into the next cycle. This is fraud, forcing me to pay for a service that I have no access to. The worst customer service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I have been a faithful user of Cablevision for over 30 years. When I moved in October I returned my cable box and router as one always does when they move. Apparently I was 3 days into the new billing period. I gave them my new address to be sure to pay the remaining 3 days (which technically was only used 2 days since I returned my equipment early that morning of day 3). But nonetheless, 3 days... I moved out of the state of Connecticut and received my new bill for the complete month. Of course I thought this must be a billing error and called customer service. I was then told that they no longer prorated and I was being charged for the whole month and by the way there was yet another price increase. I made it clear to that person that I was only going to pay them for services rendered. (i.e 3 days). I prorated the bill and sent them the equivalent of 3 day’s worth of their charge.

Today, I received a notice from a bill collector. They have turned me over to a collections agency. Isn't this illegal? How can they expect for me to pay for services when I was not even in the state and no longer in possession of their equipment. I will not be bullied this way! Additionally, I no longer have account information as I moved in October. If I have to hire a lawyer they will end up paying for that too. I was told by customer service that this is the new owner and they stopped prorating bills and did not care what the customer thinks that’s the rules. By the way, there was never any notification of this change in policy and after 30 years one would think they would treat a good customer better. Clearly they DONT CARE.

I am not working and no longer own a home so they can come after me but they will get nothing in return. I have all day and believe me will be making some phone calls to everyone I can think of to smear their name as they are now ruining my credit for their greed. Who do these people think they are? First call will be to every newspaper and TV Station in NY since they are located on Long Island. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I recently placed an order with Cablevision for triple play service. It was scheduled for today 11/12/17 from 5:00pm-8:00pm. At 5:11pm I received a call from the dispatcher stating the technician (**) from TriWire an independent company they hire for installations called our home and no one was home. I said to the dispatcher, "I picked up your call and it's only 11 minutes into the app window."

Dispatcher was unable to get the technician on the phone so they can return to our home for installation. He also found out that the TriWire (tech **) shift ended at 5pm and never came to our home. I paid for services in advance cause my family needed them. I took a day off from work for this app. And it was an epic fail! UNACCEPTABLE! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! DISGUSTED AND DISAPPOINTED! CABLEVISION AND TRIWIRE should not treat customers this way. They should be more accommodating especially being their employees are liars and con artist.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Was charged 99.99 for a pay per view of a boxing match that I have never order. Contacted Cablevision and they belligerently told me that they would not remove the charges and based on what they said the program was ordered on Sunday September 24th at 9:30 am and viewed on Monday September 25th at 7:30 am. This is a rip off lie created by them. Since I was at work on September 25th at 9:00 am and I offered to prove it and they did not accept it. What kind of sick garbage is this. I live alone and do not watch sports, and what time would I have to watch a boxing match at home when I would have to get to my job 45 minutes away from home. Cablevision has become a rip off. They should be terminated.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We recently switched to Cablevision and got charged for $60 installation fee which was never been communicated to us 'till when we saw the bill. We called the customer service and they could not do anything to help. That's a terrible business fraud to charge customer without notice!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The bundle of channels and cost associated with Cablevision are very oppressive. The fees for equipment are constantly increasing. The incremental cost increase are never given advance notice and the customer service people are not very helpful in justifying the increases.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Cable selections is poor and everything you want costs extra. A converter box rents for $10 a month, up from $5. Total charges are over $200 with basic. They need more competition in CT.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

In March 2017, my family decided to change services from Verizon to Cablevision. We used Cablevision years ago, realized like it more and decided to return. At this time, Cablevision was offering a $250 Rewards Debit Card (which made the change even more attractive). I contacted Cablevision and ordered their Triple Play Deal, (which included internet, phone and television service), and in addition I would receive a $250 rewards debit card for signing up, after 90 days of continuous service. I paid for installation upfront as well. At this point I waited for the 90 days to pass.

In July I contacted Cablevision to inquire about the rewards card, when to expect it? At first, I was told by a CSR that since I was a little late with "a payment", I would not receive the gift card. At that point I asked to speak with a Supervisor who checked and told me that since my service was never disconnected and I doubled my payment, I would still receive the card. He assured me that he would add this note to my account. I know he noted this because of later conversations with CSRs.

I waited another month or so and contacted Cablevision again to check for a card DELIVERY DATE. This time the CSR told me that Cablevision had not expect so many customer responses, so it would take a little longer for the card maker to issue the card to me, but it should arrive soon, within a few more weeks. A few more weeks go by and it is around August. Cablevision CSR tells me this time to call the card issuing company to see if I could get a lead time. The American... company, (the reward card maker), first returned a message to my voicemail telling me - it would take up to 2 weeks for me to receive my card because they are behind in getting the cards ready to go out. They also messaged that I am still eligible and that the approval is in the Cablevision notes.

I contacted Cablevision again in September, was told to wait once again. At this point I am thinking, what is going on; who does a promotion like this and are not prepared to follow through? Do they not care about their company image or their promises to their customers? Are they waiting for me to forget... Today, October 4th I contacted Cablevision one more time and THIS TIME, a supervisor named Mark, told me I am no longer eligible for the rewards card. He says that my account was in collections, WHICH IS NOT TRUE, and my payments are actively up-to-date ever since the first "late" payment. This seems to be something the company is using to validate why they were first LATE WITH REWARD CARDS, which to me was a temporary problem and now making a reason for NOT SENDING ME THE $250 CARD AT ALL.

I would not have waited this long except Cablevision kept asking me to because the card maker was behind sending the cards out. I kept waiting the whole time and expecting the card in the mail, because they TOLD ME ALL THIS TIME I AM ELIGIBLE and they told me this until today. Today the CSR said the last time I called around September 27th they wrote in the notes I am no longer eligible. This stinks to the heavens. Something is wrong and so unfair. Cablevision promised me the reward and are having problems paying it out.

I would NEVER have anticipated and waited all this time if CABLEVISION were not telling me to. CABLEVISION kept telling me I am eligible - until today. They informed me today, Oct 4th, that they made the decision the last time I called (but did not tell me). CABLEVISION made this (re)decision on September 27th. When were they going to let me know they changed the rule? Any assistance you can give me and my family is appreciated. Thank you for lending your ear.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I had Service till 9-5-17. I returned all their equipment that day. My cycle of billing is the 1st to the 30th. I was told at return I would get a pro-rated bill for the 5 days. Found out today I have to pay the full month. I was told I could find this information on the back of my bill. Obviously the return center does not know of this policy. Can't believe I have to pay for 25 days and not even able to use the service. I disconnect each year we go south for the winter and have never had a problem. This has to be wrong. I should not have to pay for services I am not using. Maybe it is this new French Company.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Their customer support is great, it used to be a bit better before the company was sold, but CS most important to me. I want to talk to people quickly.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Call to get install on July 31, a very nice tech came and install my services. He notice the signals were weak and call dispatch to have a field tech follow up and check the low signal. 3 hours later my services stop working. On one of my box it display “Err”. I call customer service. A tech was sent out. I was told the problem was from outside and that it was put down as an outage. Guess what today is the 25 of August and I still don't have service. I called customer service several times and they said tech were schedule to come and guess what they didn't show up and card it in as no answer in the home. I ask to get dispatch on the phone and spoke to a dispatcher name Jason who went above and beyond to help but in the end it was too late and dispatch could come, so I then decided to disconnected and spoke to a disconnect\retention rep who again try to help.

And since I didn't want the call to affect his productivity, I choose to hear him out. He said he would have tech out the next day which would be today August 25 between 2 and 5, but guess what no one came. I call dispatch again and this time I spoke to Michael, who said it was too late to have a tech come out. By this point I was very piss off to say the least and ask to speak to a dispatch supervisor. I got a guy name RADESH who was super unprofessional and rude and not to mention annoying. He said he would send an on call field tech, then I ask him for his location so when I complain I know who I spoke to and the location and he said he didn't have to disclose that information. This is when I decide I needed a new provider. I just called FIOS and was offer a great deal for 2 years and free installation. My appointment is scheduled for this Sunday. Thank you FIOS.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Recently in the never ending attempt to come up with additional charges a new $4.95 was put on for 'modem rental'. The 'notification' for this was you needed to view the full version of the bill - this is not what is displayed when you logon to the account. You can see the bill summary - the line detail for current charges but nowhere is there any notification that there is additional "important" billing change information that will impact rate(s).

They can get me any other notification for things to purchase or watch but a charge they want to slip in they do under the radar. Both representatives that I spoke to indicated that the notice was "on the bill" but could not understand with electronic billing you would not open the full PDF version unless there was some alert as to a reason. Overall Cablevision should be better regulated in their communications as in most cases consumers do not have any other options for receiving some form of stable/clear service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I returned my equipment, every time I call they said "call after 1 month." They never had final bill so on 8/14 I received the bill for $177. I call customer service I said "I receive the bill can I pay $100" and paid the balance later they said yes, 2 days after I receive a collection call from Cablevision. It's the worst company to deal and the service not good. There are thieves and lack of customer service.

Cablevision Company Information