2.9/5 (919 ratings)

About Altice

Altice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I have had cable for 15 years. They talked me into getting fiber and it’s been a nightmare since. First I was quoted a specific price and charged another and no one is honoring the price I was promised. Second I have had so many problems with remotes not working. They keep sending new remotes and technicians and the remotes work for a day or so they don’t work at all, they gave me a back up remote and that isn’t working. I am so frustrated and yet get no issues resolved. STAY AWAY FROM ALTICE (OPTIMUM). Save yourself the frustration.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

In August 2022, Altice strung a 100 yard cable over the lawns of several properties and across a street near my home. The cable provides Internet and Cable TV service to homes in the area. Due to vehicles driving over it every day—since it crosses a street—the cable has worn out and broken many times. It’s now December 2022, and the cable remains where it’s been for the past four months.

Customer service has been called countless times, but the cable remains unburied, lying out in the open. I’ve spoken to several neighbors, who have been charged for repair appointments when their service degraded. Even though the cable lies damaged in plain sight, Altice insists on going inside customers’ homes so the company can charge them for service appointments.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

If you have to contact them with a tech support issue, expect this to take at least 1 hour of your time and maybe multiple hours. Not only do they start you off with their automated call support (where they ask for your account number and PIN number), but you cannot get a live representative until much later. Their call center appears to be in India and their support people read from a script instead of listening to what you say. I ended up cancelling the technician visit and fixed the cable issue myself. Expect plenty of frustration if you have a problem, and it will take a long time.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I lost the internet the first week in October due to a storm. I have had 2 appointments cancel without notice and just don't show up. I have had 2 service reps here both saying the service is normal yet it gets dropped 10x a day. I set up an appointment to install fiber. They came and said, "Oh we need to do underground work so we need a special permit." Today I had an appointment for someone to come as the internet has gotten even worse. No show. When I call customer service they say, "Sorry we don't have man power today." But never call to let me know they are not coming. WORST company out there. I work from home and can't even conduct my business. Not even sure what to do.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

We've had Optimum for a while now because we had no choice. They have been expensive and in return have provided awful service. Just when we thought things couldn't get worse, they proved us wrong. Enter Altice to the scene. We were forced to change over to their system over the past couple of years. The technicians are terrible. Their hardware is ancient. The box makes loud buzzing sounds all day long. We have to restart the box multiple times a week (unplug and re-plug to reset).

Cable and internet keeps dropping. The remote has multiple issues. And worst of all? You cannot talk to anyone. Call their toll-free number and an AI voice sends you on a wild-goose chase trying to "diagnose" your problem. It is nothing more than a tactic to keep you from talking to a human - who by the way will probably not be able to resolve your issues anyway. I am so done with Altice and Optimum - but have no other option! How is this even allowed? How and where do I escalate this?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The equipment is bad, the technicians don't show up. Appointments are dropped without notice. CS management is non existent. Where do I start? Go somewhere else. I have been trying address poor internet service for 6 months. I have gone through 3 cable boxes and 2 Wifi Routers. If there is an outage in the area, all service appointments get dropped without notice. So, I take off of work unnecessarily, and they do not compensate me. I have to pay a service charge if I am not here, why not the opposite. They get away with bad service only because Fios is worse.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Our service has been bad lately. Horrible wifi that won’t even support a zoom call. DVR that won’t play back. Called customer service and they said our boxes needed to be upgraded as they’re too old even though they’re only from 2019. Fine. We set up an appt. The tech flat out lies saying we weren’t home when they never called nor came to the home. I asked to escalate the situation to a supervisor and all he said was he’ll notate it on the account after I said I’d like them to. Other than a bland apology they offered no recourse for wasting my time and money. I have to take off another day of work for them to arrive again without calling beforehand like they’re supposed to. They were here for 2 hours just to replace 3 boxes of their own service. I’m giving this company a final chance to redeem themselves service wise but their customer service is terrible.

Original review: July 6, 2022

On 06/28/22, I spoke with Celso, a supervisor and he agreed that the contracted tech who came to our home that day conducted "poor workmanship" by leaving us with no home phone, no fiber box for our second TV and no extender as per the work order. The tech installed the modem in our garage and told us that's what he was told to do and had to go to another job so he left. We were promised a callback within 24-72 hours at which time a Field Supervisor would set-up an appointment for a "seasoned Optimum tech" to come to our home and fix these issues. We never got the callback. I called again and told case #** was escalated and was promised a callback with 24 hours. Now OVER A WEEK LATER and still no callback meaning loss of services. We need assistance in resolving this matter. Calling Optimum, messaging on Facebook, has proven useless.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I am traumatized by the incredibly bad service of this company. You think that is unreal but YEP, THEY ARE THAT BAD. I had to pay $170 dollars to cancel a service they never installed. But fine!! They just disappeared for me from now on.

Original review: June 14, 2022

We had a local cable/internet provider we were pleased with. Optimum bought them and things were still fine until we dropped cable and increased internet bandwidth. The new modem doesn't seem compatible with the old cable lines. I've had four service calls and each tech made some adjustment or other. The most recent added some device to the coax connection at the modem and my eero mesh stopped working. I removed it. The problem is that the internet drops sporadically or the quality is so poor MS Teams puts my call on hold owing to poor internet quality. I work from home and run a sideline doing coaching. I can't tolerate being dropped mid-call at work or with a client.

What makes this more frustrating is that there seems not to be any escalation path. The only people I can speak with repeat the same tried-and-failed measures. I am going to downgrade the bandwidth, forcing them to give me a different modem model. Let's see what that does. I have been angry and have been brought to tears. If I had a good alternative in my area, I would switch in a heartbeat. I do not.

Altice Company Information