Learn More

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Cablevision Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cablevision?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cablevision?

Original review: July 24, 2020

6/10/20 - Received Triple Play bill and found an increase of $12. Customer Service EIGHT times to get and get my bill lowered. Three different occasions over the next four weeks I was told a promotion involving swapping out my old cable box for a new one would result in bringing my bill back down by the original $12 increase.

After each phone call a check of the Cablevision web site and telephone answering service shows no change in the amount of my bill. My last attempt resulted in a rep assuring me the change would be reflected with "24 hours". I asked her to confirm that with a supervisor. She said she would and call me back with "five minutes". She DID NOT even have the common courtesy to call me back. At that point decided FIOS couldn't possibly be any worse. The switchover will take place on 8/4/20 and I can hardly wait.

Original review: July 16, 2020

There had been missing channels. There is always TV channels being scramble a lot. The internet signal is always disappearing from 200 to 26.9. Many complaints was given over the customer service phone. When they send someone to correct the problem. They don't know how to correct it. They came three times to try to correct it and I am still waiting to correct it. I was not able to work from home during the crisis of the virus. It is very sad. Cablevision billing keeps going up.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Very long wait time on the phone. Over one hour wait time before someone answered. When they finally answer, the reps are very polite and sometimes actually competent. Called on a Thursday and they could not get a repair person to my house until the following Tuesday. I explained that I’m self employed and need the internet for business They did not care. Internet speed is terrible; the tv picture is fuzzy and often has a lot of noise. They have a monopoly (an employee in Riverhead told me that they have no competition) and therefore their prices are very high and they increase the price at will with no controls. Just a terrible company!

Original review: June 30, 2020

The technician that came here did not leave any account number or receipt. He advised we would get a receipt in 24 hours. He took 3 boxes that were under my wife's name and now she/we are being charge $600 for the equipment. I called to straight this out i was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Unacceptable!!! The Tech left all the wires on the floor at my neighbor's front lawn so I got a call to go pick everything up. He also disrupted my parent service across the street. He took their wired down and they had nothing to do with my order. What in the world is going on at optimum? The independent contractors they are sending are not qualified and customer service is none at this point " Zero" .

My internet is not fully functional. I keep have to login to all my equipment every time I lose internet connection. My parents a week later they still don't have tel, internet or cable. I hope someone can penalize them for the continuous disrupted service. They need to get more qualify personnel and charge less for their terrible service. My 2 year old can probably run that business much better. It is a shame and they don't want to hear it. They just push customers to their website when half of the questions need a human not a website. Someone please at Optimum help.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I cancel my three bundles in January 2020 and my bill were a whooping $260.00 every month. I then canceled my phone and cable and was told my phone bill would be only $54.99. I was very happy with all the savings, little did I know I had a big surprise. Within one month in February my bill went up to $75.00. How was that possible!! After only one month! Well the thieves did it!!

I was very upset and was told that the fees went up. Can you believe it, after only one month being a valued customer for over 15 years. I know why, lots of customers are leaving them so they are robbing from Peter to pay Paul. The next month I was charged an additional $10.00, the reason as I was told by a Customer Representative is because I paid my bill late. Really, really? Come on Cablevision, in the height of a Pandemic you guys are charging $10.00 in late fees. Who does that? I will like Consumers Affair to take a good look at Cablevision and give all customers what is due to them. Good luck Cablevision!

Original review: June 4, 2020

The internet never stays connected, you can never reach anyone by phone when you call the company, they threaten to cut off your services but does not render decent service, raise prices when connection service is poor, and does not care about solving the issues- they are only concerned about collecting money. I will be disconnecting services very soon and I do NOT recommend anyone to use their services. There are other providers please try them before Optimum.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Unbelievable - Good afternoon Cablevision customers and soon to be, unless I can dissuade you. I switched from Verizon Fios about 6 weeks ago because the wifi from Verizon was not all it was cracked up to be. They tried to fix but they could not fix the poor TV and internet. I decided to go to the company I used in my last 3 homes, Cablevision- Optimum etc. They came and set up Altice in no time. All was working well except the mini box we had. I had them come twice and they replace the mini box.

Still with no success (I had to unplug it very often or I had no tv and it is located behind my tv so I needed a ladder each time). They said they would replace it with a Samsung. I said fine, understanding it would also be a hidden box. I was wrong. They gave me a huge box with wires all over. They never informed me of this switch and there is no mention of any new billing amount. Surely a system with less options should be less since it is not Altice?

I spent 2 more hours speaking with reps today, a day I am home sick. The first was with a customer retention rep who just tried to talk over me, was rude and had no solutions. The next Hung up before I could finish my first question and the final one seemed very concerned. The final rep was going to fix all my problems, get me Altice back and guarantee it would work, look into missing channels and the world would be better again, awesome. So this is 6 weeks with Cable. I spent countless days with no tv and internet. I climbed a ladder to reset the mini Altice box. I hear excuse after excuse. So the last rep said it'll only cost me $80 to put Altice back. ROFL really? You mean the system you sold me on? He said we must have touched the wires! Really? I have time to mess with cable wires? I don't think so, that is why they were at our home 4 times.

I also felt some type of credit is due since I cannot utilize their service. They said, "Sorry. Company policy is we charge you." So I finally told him I would find a better alternative and make sure this post plus the recordings of the conversations would just be out for the pubic to decide. Why did you just read all this? So one or two or 10000 potential customers don't call Cable. They don't care about their customers so Long Island should know that. I will find a better solutions and cancel Cable at which time I will repost my best solution for everyone else. One other thing, apparently there are no supervisors or managers to deal with real issues, just "protocol" reps need to follow. I think Cablevision needs management for dummies or some other retraining. That is all I have for now. Please look around, this will be reposted, just because they deserve Long Island customers to know.

Original review: March 10, 2020

On Dec. 15, 2019, I was having a problem not being able to get my emails on my pc. I called Cablevision on December 28 and explained my problem I have to a customer rep. The rep told me that they will schedule a tech to visit me on December 17th between 1pm and 5pm. I was further advised that if the problem is not Cablevision's problem, I will be charged 80 dollars. As of 4 on December 17 no visit from the tech. I called rep. Were told tech has till 5pm. Still no visit. I was in my apt. all day. received no call and my door bell never rang.

Rep said will send a tech on Dec 18th 8-noon. tech arrived at 10 thirty. After looking into the problem he told me that the problem was my computer. The tech reminded me that if not cablevision that I will be charged 80 dollars. Then he said that if I were to give him 40 dollars the 80 dollar bill would be adjusted. I gave him the 40. He did not write me a receipt. It was to my surprise when I got the Jan. 2020 bill, that it indicated that I was not home on the Dec.17 appt. and was charged 80 dollars for a missed appt. But no mention of the 40 dollars I gave the tech.

I called Cablevision and spoke to a cust. rep. referring to the charge the tech made for the missed visit. Advised rep. I was in my apt. all day. Never rec. call, my door bell never rang. Between Dec. 28 2010 and Feb. 5 2020 I spoke to numerous different rep. so I have names and some not. To each rep they required me to repeat the reason for my call why each rep tells me a sup will call me but it never happens. The most recent contact with a rep was on Mar. 6th who told me an email will be sent to her sup. It is Mar 11th, no call. I am totally p----d.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

It seems absurd to me that I have to pay $200 a month to watch a TV and connect to the Internet. But because they are a MONOPOLY in my area I'm stuck...FOR NOW!! Their pricing is ridiculous, their customer service reps are all in India and can't understand what you're saying, it's VERY frustrating AND I've been hung up on at least three times.

They treat their current customers badly while offering low rates to new customers, and if you're late by one day (once in 6 years) they shut down your service and charge for EACH PORTION of your service to be restored. (5x3 plus 10) $25 dollars I want to be reversed. I have reached out to corporate on more than one occasion regarding an $80 dollar fee for their rep to come out to my house after my service was disrupted for three months.. he lied.. wouldn't let me see what he noted on his phone, said it was my computer and the charge remained.

Today even though I subscribe to showtime the service said to subscribe to showtime. At 11:30 PM I have to be aggravated into calling them to correct yet another service. Who has this kind of time or desire for the astronomical prices we pay? Cablevision owes me 105 dollars in reimbursement, and I hope I am able to transfer to another company or ROKU soon. Shameful business practices, customer service is the worst!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

The January bill is confusing. First it states to expect an increase of no more than $20.00 in February, but on the final page, the new February charge increase are astronomical. I called customer service, spoke to a representative that hardly spoke English. In asking him to repeat himself several times during the conversation, and him getting annoyed, I'm not even sure if he understood my question. Hung up the phone without satisfaction of what to expect in the February statement. I guess I will have to wait and see, but if the charge increase is unreasonable, I have no problem giving Cablevision the boot!!

Cablevision Company Information