3.7/5 (332 ratings)

About Altice

Altice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?

Original review: July 10, 2021

I upgraded my equipment from Optimum to Altice which is supposed to provide improved capability. Unfortunately, I only got worse. In summary:

1. You cannot download free streaming apps like IMDB
2. You only have a handful of steaming apps: Netflix, Prime Video and a few others that are either available with the normal channel lineup or are obscure that I've never hear of
3. You can't get Hulu, Peacock, Disney+, Discover+ or other popular services. You are limited to the handful that come with the service.
4. Cannot stream from your computer. I have an Android TV that has Chromecast built in but can't use it because Altice doesn't have streaming capabilities.

5. The remote is poorly designed - very slow fast forward or rewind. The fastest speed for the functions is about 7 seconds at a time.

The only bright spot in the is that I can still get my old Optimum equipment back - as long as I pay the $60 installation fee. My recommendation - if you already have Optimum TV, don't upgrade to Altice

Original review: June 11, 2021

I canceled my service in November 2020 due to months of my landline not working, having to pay in full with a line I couldn't use, and them using automatic payment which I never authorized. I only paid by phone and they kept my information and turned it into automatic draft without my consent. Since then they were suppose to refund me what I paid in December 2020 because the account was canceled, never received, now I'm in collections for that amount I am owed, and it has been reported to all of my credit reports. No one in customer service communicates, they ask the same question over and over again, asks why do I want a reference number to the call I just made, and takes hours to get someone on the phone. Appalling!

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I rejoined the company last month and their residential department deleted all my email addresses. Are they stupid? I'm locked out of my Online Business and losing money every day almost 1 week locked out and their support team corporate office knows this. They are spiteful and if they think I'm paying them they are crazy. 121.00 for a phone. They are nuts and very unprofessional. I've tried to reach out. Their team is a bunch of no good garbage. I wish I could put this company out of business. I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm locked out of everything. My online community is getting destroyed. I haven been able to contact anyone because I'm locked out of my 2 step and they are destroying me. I'm going to own them or have my network put them out of their mystery. They are getting sued.

Don't I say don't get involved with this company. They are hoodlums getting paid to destroy people. They lie thru their teeth. I think they do it on purpose because the people don't listen to reviews. They do the opposite and they get more customers. Would you not think they would want to satisfied you. Guess not. They belittle you on the phone and make you wait. They even hang up on you. What happened to them? They used to be decent. Now horrible. I want my emails back you criminals. No mcfee, no emails and they have the nerve to even send a bill.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Long time Optimum customer, switched to Altice because it was cheaper, and my equipment was old. While the pricing is manageable, I have to constantly shut down the bedroom box, it either will not come on, or I cannot open the apps or DVR. (which I watch when I go to bed). In my living room if I leave it on one channel for a long time, it just shuts down as if it assumes I am not watching. Very frustrating. But my building just installed their own wifi service, and it interfered with the optimum wifi, so I had to switch to Altice which has hotspots throughout my area. I also find it hard to program a show for dvr. I used to just plug in the date and the channel, now I have to keep hitting the arrow and go through all the days. Also it's annoying everyday I have to program to favorite channels instead of all channels. They should make favorite channels the default not the other way around.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Never ever take any service from this company. Totally garbage. I am suffering from their horrible service from last 1 year and till now they have never fixed the internet. The service guy told me that you as a customer don't have any choice as this is the only fast internet service in my area. Indirectly he was saying do whatever you want to do, but Optimum will not going to fix anything.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

No customer service whatsoever. You can't even get any one on the phone when you call. After you try 5 times or more.. You get for what you pay for nothing! T.v future not good at all. Everyone at home hates me for leaving fios!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The service is often intermittent and trying to contact a real human to speak to is very time consuming. I have stayed on hold up to 2 hours in the past. I don't receive credit for the time I don't have service for several days at a time. My speeds are nominal at best for the price I'm currently paying.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

The base software for the remotes is poor and at best the minimal. Most service providers have a remote that can operate the tv and another device like the sound system, but not Altice Suddenlink. Most service providers have detail information on recorded and available shows like when the show first aired, when it was recorded, etc, but not altice suddenlink. The search feature is basic as well. A search cannot be performed for an actor or a show if I know part of the name, I need to know the entire name. I also cannot post for future shows to record unless they are currently listed in the schedule for this period. All these features are not in the altice suddenlink but are expected by users as they are basic to other providers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I called to cancel my service on the 20th of November and the bank mistakenly paid my cable bill on the 22nd as they did every month because I forgot to stop payment. When I called to ask for a refund, they said they can only give me less than half of what I paid back and couldn't explain to me where the other half of the money went. After an hour on the phone I finally received a ref# for the full amount back. I called a week later to ask about the refund and they said there was no such ref#. When I asked to speak to a manager, they said there was no such person. I'm still waiting for a refund and have made zero progress toward getting one back. They are very quick to send a late payment notice when people dont pay but very slow to give money back when required. What a nightmare.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

After 27 years, I am completely appalled by the lack of integrity, the government is allowing such theft to occur. I am one of many that has been hit with an $80 charge that was not verbally discussed. They delivered a new modem for the 5G service which is an additional monthly charge, the box was bad.... they made an appointment to bring me a new box, which they never showed up for. I should have known the appointment window was from 8am to 7pm- using covid as an excuse. A week later they finally send a tech to literally swap the bad box for a good one- which he told me straight up- that Altice knew the box was bad - the new technology of 5G is glitching (probably because it was made in China)- He NEVER told me to sign anything and NEVER VERBALLY TOLD ME ABOUT $80 service charge-

I spent three hours speaking with four separate people- One of which told me the supervisor would call me - NEVER GOT THE CALL- note: this new ALTICE makes it clear that the little pawns on the phone are not allowed to send calls up the line any longer- The corporate wall just got taller- the managers/supervisors are now untouchable- there is no negotiations - there is no customer service- The pawns put you on hold - pretend to look into it- and every time they come back to tell you "NO CAN DO" you MUST PAY THE $80. They depend on people to just cave and pay- after all is it not easier to just pay and move on with life- $80 times how many victims they are turning their customers into. It is outrageous and it is straight up theft. They count on the lazy American to sit back and do nothing. Guess what YOu lost a customer- YOU SUCK.

Altice Company Information