3.7/5 (334 ratings)

About Altice

Altice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I ordered my cable service when there was a promotional gift card available. I was told I would get my $100 gift card in 90 days if my account was in good standing order. 120+ days I call them to find out when I will be receiving said GC. I was told that I will not be receiving a gift card because when my service was actually installed (a few days after the initial call to Optimum/Altice) the promotion was no longer available. WHAT???? If this is not a bait and switch then I don't know what is!! They offer you something and then never follow through with their offer. And when you call to collect said offer they deny it was ever available to you. Such horrible business practice! Liars Liars Liars. Too bad I am STUCK with this provider and have no other choice available to me.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have Altice One: Cable - Phone - Internet package, and I've never been so disappointed. I live in a bustling community in New York (nowhere rural), and yet, the WiFi service is terrible. It drops every 5 minutes! It's extremely frustrating; I work from home, so you can imagine how stressful this is. The cable is awful, too. Every few days, I have to reset the cable fox to fix the buggy UI. I know Altice One may be cheaper than other carriers, but there is a reason!

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I have had their service since they began using Sprint and AT&T cell towers, they switched to AT&T and T-Mobile's tower and Optimum has now taken over as their provider. I have been extremely pleased with their services, the only complaint I have with the carrier, is their limited selection of phones.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

HORRIBLE- sold our house and returned equipment- Optimum took money out of my account- since we had automatic payment for equipment; Have spent more than 40 hours on the phone with multiple agents- all promising that it is resolved- NO REFUND. Cannot get a supervisor on the phone- I won't give up. Terrible company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Let me first say this, Altice is a horrible, horrible company. I remember I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Alejandro, he was one of the key accounts managers in the retentions department. He helped me out a lot, during covid, I actually lost my job. This young man waivered off my bill and gave me a better promotion with the 1GB speed. Now I hear that operator X65 was fired??? Why? This young lad I remember even assisted my neighbour, even tho she paid more but her services worked like a charm. What the actual ** is wrong with Optimum??? Even I had this promotion escalated, supervisors higher than Alejandro are acting stupid. Poor guy should have got promoted higher than you puny **.

Original review: July 28, 2021

The only good service from this particular cable provider is when you purchase regular cable. Otherwise when you pay for internet online service that’s when you run into a network of product problems & have to constantly reboot the wifi system..

Original review: July 13, 2021

Cable/satellite providers are a rip off because streaming is cheaper than buying cable services. I have had cable for several years paying $210 mthly compared to streaming services that are much cheaper.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I upgraded my equipment from Optimum to Altice which is supposed to provide improved capability. Unfortunately, I only got worse. In summary:

1. You cannot download free streaming apps like IMDB
    2. You only have a handful of steaming apps: Netflix, Prime Video and a few others that are either available with the normal channel lineup or are obscure that I've never hear of
    3. You can't get Hulu, Peacock, Disney+, Discover+ or other popular services. You are limited to the handful that come with the service.
    4. Cannot stream from your computer. I have an Android TV that has Chromecast built in but can't use it because Altice doesn't have streaming capabilities.

5. The remote is poorly designed - very slow fast forward or rewind. The fastest speed for the functions is about 7 seconds at a time.

The only bright spot in the is that I can still get my old Optimum equipment back - as long as I pay the $60 installation fee. My recommendation - if you already have Optimum TV, don't upgrade to Altice

Original review: June 11, 2021

I canceled my service in November 2020 due to months of my landline not working, having to pay in full with a line I couldn't use, and them using automatic payment which I never authorized. I only paid by phone and they kept my information and turned it into automatic draft without my consent. Since then they were suppose to refund me what I paid in December 2020 because the account was canceled, never received, now I'm in collections for that amount I am owed, and it has been reported to all of my credit reports. No one in customer service communicates, they ask the same question over and over again, asks why do I want a reference number to the call I just made, and takes hours to get someone on the phone. Appalling!

Original review: June 7, 2021

I rejoined the company last month and their residential department deleted all my email addresses. Are they stupid? I'm locked out of my Online Business and losing money every day almost 1 week locked out and their support team corporate office knows this. They are spiteful and if they think I'm paying them they are crazy. 121.00 for a phone. They are nuts and very unprofessional. I've tried to reach out. Their team is a bunch of no good garbage. I wish I could put this company out of business. I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm locked out of everything. My online community is getting destroyed. I haven been able to contact anyone because I'm locked out of my 2 step and they are destroying me. I'm going to own them or have my network put them out of their mystery. They are getting sued.

Don't I say don't get involved with this company. They are hoodlums getting paid to destroy people. They lie thru their teeth. I think they do it on purpose because the people don't listen to reviews. They do the opposite and they get more customers. Would you not think they would want to satisfied you. Guess not. They belittle you on the phone and make you wait. They even hang up on you. What happened to them? They used to be decent. Now horrible. I want my emails back you criminals. No mcfee, no emails and they have the nerve to even send a bill.

Altice Company Information