2.9/5 (917 ratings)

About Altice

Altice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altice?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Signed up 3 months ago, my internet drops 10-15 times per day. They have sent techs who can’t solve the problem. They keep saying that it’s an issue with the wiring outside of my building but they keep sending techs to inspect the modem in my apt.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I heard a good service plan on Optimum mobile in Bossier City, LA. Julie, my retail sales consultant, is a very courteous and answered all of my questions on paper because I am deaf and preferred to write down questions or answers as part of communication. She worked hard to switch service on my current iPhone. My wife and I are satisfied with everything she did for us. Again, thanks!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

From problem to problem and let me, customer be a victim. Never take responsibility of their own mistakes. Canceled the service but still charging me. Big mistake moving to Altice. Very unprofessional. Learned my lesson.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Had a month of tv pixelation and drop out of all channels. Called Altice/Optimum and got run around. One person said it was not me but a transfer box situation. Another had me go thru all the routines which fixed nothing. Finally got one of two service calls. The first guy had trouble with English, did not come in the house at all. Said it was on a line down the road. He would get back to me. He never did and the problem was not fixed. Called again and finally got a guy who knew what he was doing.

Never came in the house. Checked the outside connection near my transformer and said there was badly a signal coming from the road below. He arranged for another guy to come the next day and fix something on a telephone pole down the road. At least three poles away from my property. I was billed $80 for a service call which brought my monthly bill to $390 instead of the usual $305. I have tried three times in vain to get credit for the service call charge. Keep saying they will check with their supervisor and I get nothing from anyone. I checked with the service guy number two and he said the jerk number one was an outside contractor and that was the service charge. He could not fight my battles for me but said I should keep trying.

This company, since it was taken over by the French Altice sucks to high heaven. They are out to screw the consumer and should be shut down so we can get a decent company. During the pandemic, we could get no one from the company to do anything including answering the phone. They had no problem collecting fees though. The local phone company has phone and a slow internet of up to 75mbs. If they were faster I would use them and Directv. But 75 is not fast enough. I had Directv come but their ATT system is not compatible with Optimum and when hooked up, I cannot get internet. I think the FCC should ride herd on these incompetents and shut them down.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I ordered my cable service when there was a promotional gift card available. I was told I would get my $100 gift card in 90 days if my account was in good standing order. 120+ days I call them to find out when I will be receiving said GC. I was told that I will not be receiving a gift card because when my service was actually installed (a few days after the initial call to Optimum/Altice) the promotion was no longer available. WHAT???? If this is not a bait and switch then I don't know what is!! They offer you something and then never follow through with their offer. And when you call to collect said offer they deny it was ever available to you. Such horrible business practice! Liars Liars Liars. Too bad I am STUCK with this provider and have no other choice available to me.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have Altice One: Cable - Phone - Internet package, and I've never been so disappointed. I live in a bustling community in New York (nowhere rural), and yet, the WiFi service is terrible. It drops every 5 minutes! It's extremely frustrating; I work from home, so you can imagine how stressful this is. The cable is awful, too. Every few days, I have to reset the cable fox to fix the buggy UI. I know Altice One may be cheaper than other carriers, but there is a reason!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I have had their service since they began using Sprint and AT&T cell towers, they switched to AT&T and T-Mobile's tower and Optimum has now taken over as their provider. I have been extremely pleased with their services, the only complaint I have with the carrier, is their limited selection of phones.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

HORRIBLE- sold our house and returned equipment- Optimum took money out of my account- since we had automatic payment for equipment; Have spent more than 40 hours on the phone with multiple agents- all promising that it is resolved- NO REFUND. Cannot get a supervisor on the phone- I won't give up. Terrible company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Let me first say this, Altice is a horrible, horrible company. I remember I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Alejandro, he was one of the key accounts managers in the retentions department. He helped me out a lot, during covid, I actually lost my job. This young man waivered off my bill and gave me a better promotion with the 1GB speed. Now I hear that operator X65 was fired??? Why? This young lad I remember even assisted my neighbour, even tho she paid more but her services worked like a charm. What the actual ** is wrong with Optimum??? Even I had this promotion escalated, supervisors higher than Alejandro are acting stupid. Poor guy should have got promoted higher than you puny **.

Original review: July 28, 2021

The only good service from this particular cable provider is when you purchase regular cable. Otherwise when you pay for internet online service that’s when you run into a network of product problems & have to constantly reboot the wifi system..

Original review: July 13, 2021

Cable/satellite providers are a rip off because streaming is cheaper than buying cable services. I have had cable for several years paying $210 mthly compared to streaming services that are much cheaper.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I upgraded my equipment from Optimum to Altice which is supposed to provide improved capability. Unfortunately, I only got worse. In summary:

1. You cannot download free streaming apps like IMDB
2. You only have a handful of steaming apps: Netflix, Prime Video and a few others that are either available with the normal channel lineup or are obscure that I've never hear of
3. You can't get Hulu, Peacock, Disney+, Discover+ or other popular services. You are limited to the handful that come with the service.
4. Cannot stream from your computer. I have an Android TV that has Chromecast built in but can't use it because Altice doesn't have streaming capabilities.

5. The remote is poorly designed - very slow fast forward or rewind. The fastest speed for the functions is about 7 seconds at a time.

The only bright spot in the is that I can still get my old Optimum equipment back - as long as I pay the $60 installation fee. My recommendation - if you already have Optimum TV, don't upgrade to Altice

Original review: June 11, 2021

I canceled my service in November 2020 due to months of my landline not working, having to pay in full with a line I couldn't use, and them using automatic payment which I never authorized. I only paid by phone and they kept my information and turned it into automatic draft without my consent. Since then they were suppose to refund me what I paid in December 2020 because the account was canceled, never received, now I'm in collections for that amount I am owed, and it has been reported to all of my credit reports. No one in customer service communicates, they ask the same question over and over again, asks why do I want a reference number to the call I just made, and takes hours to get someone on the phone. Appalling!

Original review: June 7, 2021

I rejoined the company last month and their residential department deleted all my email addresses. Are they stupid? I'm locked out of my Online Business and losing money every day almost 1 week locked out and their support team corporate office knows this. They are spiteful and if they think I'm paying them they are crazy. 121.00 for a phone. They are nuts and very unprofessional. I've tried to reach out. Their team is a bunch of no good garbage. I wish I could put this company out of business. I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm locked out of everything. My online community is getting destroyed. I haven been able to contact anyone because I'm locked out of my 2 step and they are destroying me. I'm going to own them or have my network put them out of their mystery. They are getting sued.

Don't I say don't get involved with this company. They are hoodlums getting paid to destroy people. They lie thru their teeth. I think they do it on purpose because the people don't listen to reviews. They do the opposite and they get more customers. Would you not think they would want to satisfied you. Guess not. They belittle you on the phone and make you wait. They even hang up on you. What happened to them? They used to be decent. Now horrible. I want my emails back you criminals. No mcfee, no emails and they have the nerve to even send a bill.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Long time Optimum customer, switched to Altice because it was cheaper, and my equipment was old. While the pricing is manageable, I have to constantly shut down the bedroom box, it either will not come on, or I cannot open the apps or DVR. (which I watch when I go to bed). In my living room if I leave it on one channel for a long time, it just shuts down as if it assumes I am not watching. Very frustrating. But my building just installed their own wifi service, and it interfered with the optimum wifi, so I had to switch to Altice which has hotspots throughout my area. I also find it hard to program a show for dvr. I used to just plug in the date and the channel, now I have to keep hitting the arrow and go through all the days. Also it's annoying everyday I have to program to favorite channels instead of all channels. They should make favorite channels the default not the other way around.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Never ever take any service from this company. Totally garbage. I am suffering from their horrible service from last 1 year and till now they have never fixed the internet. The service guy told me that you as a customer don't have any choice as this is the only fast internet service in my area. Indirectly he was saying do whatever you want to do, but Optimum will not going to fix anything.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

No customer service whatsoever. You can't even get any one on the phone when you call. After you try 5 times or more.. You get for what you pay for nothing! T.v future not good at all. Everyone at home hates me for leaving fios!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Good service with a great price. No problems. Customer service is good as well. The only problem I have is that they reboot the system at 2am and I am usually doing work at night and then my WIFI connection goes down as the router is rebooting.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Better than average customer service. They used to be Optimum but Dolan sold out! Their pricing has something to be desired but overall they do the job consistently and in good taste! We live in Bayville NY and we get a lot of wind, so consistency is priority one!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The service is often intermittent and trying to contact a real human to speak to is very time consuming. I have stayed on hold up to 2 hours in the past. I don't receive credit for the time I don't have service for several days at a time. My speeds are nominal at best for the price I'm currently paying.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

The base software for the remotes is poor and at best the minimal. Most service providers have a remote that can operate the tv and another device like the sound system, but not Altice Suddenlink. Most service providers have detail information on recorded and available shows like when the show first aired, when it was recorded, etc, but not altice suddenlink. The search feature is basic as well. A search cannot be performed for an actor or a show if I know part of the name, I need to know the entire name. I also cannot post for future shows to record unless they are currently listed in the schedule for this period. All these features are not in the altice suddenlink but are expected by users as they are basic to other providers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I called to cancel my service on the 20th of November and the bank mistakenly paid my cable bill on the 22nd as they did every month because I forgot to stop payment. When I called to ask for a refund, they said they can only give me less than half of what I paid back and couldn't explain to me where the other half of the money went. After an hour on the phone I finally received a ref# for the full amount back. I called a week later to ask about the refund and they said there was no such ref#. When I asked to speak to a manager, they said there was no such person. I'm still waiting for a refund and have made zero progress toward getting one back. They are very quick to send a late payment notice when people dont pay but very slow to give money back when required. What a nightmare.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

After 27 years, I am completely appalled by the lack of integrity, the government is allowing such theft to occur. I am one of many that has been hit with an $80 charge that was not verbally discussed. They delivered a new modem for the 5G service which is an additional monthly charge, the box was bad.... they made an appointment to bring me a new box, which they never showed up for. I should have known the appointment window was from 8am to 7pm- using covid as an excuse. A week later they finally send a tech to literally swap the bad box for a good one- which he told me straight up- that Altice knew the box was bad - the new technology of 5G is glitching (probably because it was made in China)- He NEVER told me to sign anything and NEVER VERBALLY TOLD ME ABOUT $80 service charge-

I spent three hours speaking with four separate people- One of which told me the supervisor would call me - NEVER GOT THE CALL- note: this new ALTICE makes it clear that the little pawns on the phone are not allowed to send calls up the line any longer- The corporate wall just got taller- the managers/supervisors are now untouchable- there is no negotiations - there is no customer service- The pawns put you on hold - pretend to look into it- and every time they come back to tell you "NO CAN DO" you MUST PAY THE $80. They depend on people to just cave and pay- after all is it not easier to just pay and move on with life- $80 times how many victims they are turning their customers into. It is outrageous and it is straight up theft. They count on the lazy American to sit back and do nothing. Guess what YOu lost a customer- YOU SUCK.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Called to relocate cable to the original location of my TV. Told if I pay $8/month “protection fee” it would cover the $80 charge for relocation. All tech had to do was find the wire and hook up jack. I get my bill and it has the $8 plus $80. I was told by 3 people and hung up when I made the appointment that the $8 covers the service charge. I speak to rep in customer service and I get told $8 protection fee does not cover the $80 service charge. These people are straight up criminals and should be renamed Criminalvison. I have had nothing but issues with them. I said then pull the tapes of when I called bc 3 employees I spoke to all said the protection fee covers the service fee. All I get told is “sir, sorry but nothing we can do”. STAY AWAY from this company!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

The following complaint is very common if you look at Altice-Cablevision reviews. They certainly operate outside of any laws that govern their industry services. My complaint was not only on my behalf but to help all other consumers who are suffering during a pandemic. I initially reached out to them Mar 2020 when the Gov of NJ declared a state of emergency along with that emphasizing price gouging which is prices on product or service that has been raised by 10% or greater after the instituted state of emergency.

My pricing was raised by 30% for no fancy programming. Just TV, internet & VOIP phone. They were very stoic in their response as others have stated in their concerns & complaints. They double talked me and tried using the "Your discount rate period has expired". As a matter of fact the gentleman (I'll be kind here) in their corporate offices not only sounded uninterested but reading off of a standard script adding that I can always change my services to antenna service for pretty much the same as I was paying. According to my knowledge any state or federal laws governing any industry supersedes any company policies. The right thing would be is that they get fined as this is the only way corporate greed is corrected. And yes there are violations in place for price gouging during a declared state of emergency. I believe 1st violation is $10,000.00.

Farmingdale NJ

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I called Cablevision to protest what most people would consider to be double-billing, but what Cablevision calls a “surcharge.” They’re surcharging for sports which are broadcast on channels included in a package we’re already paying for, and for broadcast channels included in every package. That’s like, if you go into a restaurant and order a hamburger w/fries, they also bring out a steak you didn’t order, don’t want and didn’t eat, and when the bill comes, they “surcharge” for the steak and the fries. Calls to corporate result in the canned “surcharge” speech, and you’re told you can always cut down to the very basic package if you don’t want to watch sports. I wish I could find an attorney to file a class action lawsuit. If our towns allowed competition, these abuses would slow down, if no.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Since being convinced to switch to Altice, service and overall reception have been awful. Customer service personnel are often rude, unknowledgeable and unhelpful. Tech support is non existent. Do not use this device.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Computer was running slow. Spoke with representative who told me I probably needed modem replaced. Told me no charge. Scheduled appointment between 8 and 11. No one showed. Recording told me person would be there by 3. No show. Called again and recording told me could not make it today. Wasted whole day waiting for service person.

Trouble rescheduling, as always ridiculously long waiting time to speak to person. Worker shows up but never enters my apartment. Tells me he did diagnostic check and modem was running at 100 which is the plan I am paying for. Immediately leaves. I get a bill a week later for $85 with a bogus signed sheet by the repairman that customer has received and verbally agreed to terms in my presence. Absolute lie. Tell me if I don't pay they will turn off my service. Waiting to hear from a manager. Bottom line Cablevision continues to raise their prices while giving you less. Customer service sucks. If you have other options I advise you look into them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I called to subscribe to Cablevision WIFI in January of 2020 and scheduled appointment for installation. The technician was completely unprofessional and was not able to install services. After spending 2 1/2 hours in my house the tech said he needed something out of the truck. He took off in his truck and never came back. I had to call Cablevision because he disconnected my existing WIFi service and didn’t reconnect when he left. This tech not only couldn’t install the WIFI he disconnected the existing WIFI. Outrageous! I had to call Cablevision and have another Cablevision Tech come back to reinstall my existing WIFI.

After tech reinstalled my existing WIFI I thought I was done with dealing with Cablevision and how unprofessional they are. I was charged $127.49 for the Cablevision WIFI that was never installed. I’ve called Cablevision at least 10 times in the last 8 months to get a refund for services not rendered. I’ve Been told by numerous customer service reps that a refund was being sent out. The last time I was told this was 3 months ago. I called today and was told by a customer rep they had no record of a refund. How is the possible? I have to call back and start the process over after 8 months. I’m so disgusted on how badly I’ve been treated.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I have been a Cablevision customer for years and have never had a problem having my service turned back on after it was suspended until now. I work the overnights at a hospital and sometimes forget when my bill is due until it is suspended and pay it immediately and it’s always gone on right away. I did that today and it didn’t come on so I called. When I called I was first asked how much I paid and I said I paid the minimum the automated system told me to pay and she put me on hold. When she came back she questioned if I was sure it was taken out of my account and I said yes, she then said she sees that it was received but hasn’t posted and that it will take an hour for it to post.

That has never been the case until June when the same thing happened but the girl then turned it back on right away. Considering my bill went up $80 in one month I find it unacceptable that it now takes an hour to restore service. Not only that but they removed my DVR from my account but yet I’m paying more now than I did before. Time to look into switching I guess.

Altice Company Information