SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,431,745 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Great experience from SiteLock as always. We use them to secure our client's sites. We are very happy with the service and can sleep soundly knowing that the sites are protected. Will definitely recommend to colleagues for them to take care of their client sites as well. The dashboard is easy to read and manage.
Thank you, Carlos for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!
I enrolled in Sitelock’s annual subscription service on September 23, 2020 to protect our company’s website. In December 2020 our website crashed and was unusable. Our web host told us that Sitelock’s software had caused the crash. I emailed sitelock to cancel their services in December 2020, and received an email saying I cannot cancel via email and I had to call a phone number they gave me. I called the number and was on hold for more than 45 minutes, then hung up.
On September 20, 2021 I contacted Sitelock to cancel my subscription before it got renewed. I spoke to customer service, canceled, and received an email confirming my cancellation. On September 27 my credit card was billed for another year of services, even though I have an email confirming that my subscription had been cancelled. Charging a customer who has emailed and called to cancel services is clearly inappropriate and unacceptable. I would stay away from Sitelock! Moreover, my website has never worked since December 2020, and still doesn’t work today!
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
When my Sitelock subscription was coming up for renewal, I neglected to cancel before the automatic renewal hit my bank. It turned out that automatic renewals cannot be canceled "unless either party gives the other notice of non-renewal thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the then-current Annual Term." It was five days after the renewal (including a weekend) that I canceled services. I would have willingly paid for a month of that contract, or a reasonable cancelation fee, and when I checked it out, the TOS did include that automatic renewal quotation. I will check any future "automatic renewals" to be sure nothing like that "30 days prior" is included; it may be legal, but it's a trap for anyone who doesn't make notes of cancelation policies and add them to a calendar. I object to paying for a full year of unwanted and unused service.
I note also, that when I tried to call Sitelock's phone labeled for canceling, I twice waited 20 minutes on hold without anyone answering. I did reach the "customer service" number where I requested, and received, a copy of the TOS which would have entrapped me even if I can called before they withdrew the annual payment from my account.
Sitelock strives to resolve any disputes in a way that satisfies the customer. It is our policy to keep detailed customer records including call details, recordings, and notes on every interaction in order to ensure we delivered the highest level of service. All of our customers go through a very detailed process when purchasing services. They sign a contract described to them in length which includes our auto-renew process. According to our terms and cancellation policy, customers must call 30 days prior to the end of their contract to cancel without additional fees. After further review Sitelock is issuing the refund as requested. We consider this matter resolved and are happy to continue working with the customer if needed.
I reached out to my representative with the company several months ago to cancel. Instead of calling, they continued billing. I tried emailing the billing department as the website says and got bounce-backs on the emails. I called the department, waited on hold, and was informed that you can only cancel calling a certain number. Horrible customer service, would highly recommend staying away. They use sketchy business tactics to try and hold onto customers, instead of quality service.
This is the worst company I have ever done business with. They crashed our email for 2 weeks, and claimed it wasn't our fault, then eventually realized they didn't set the records correctly. Trying to cancel their bad service? Good luck. You can't do it online, they have to CALL YOU, and after 2 weeks of trying to get ahold of them, they promised me it would be cancelled, although they would not refund my money, even though we decided they fixed nothing and solely crashed our email for our business for 2 weeks.
Fast forward a year, and they BILLED ME AGAIN. I called to get it refunded, they said they had no record of my request to cancel, that I had to give 30 days to request cancellation, and that I should just call back in 11 months and try to cancel it then. Basically, "get wrecked, I don't care, and no you can't talk to a manager, I am the manager."
After ripping the sales rep a new one, berating him, his company, and what they purport to do, they all of the sudden "found a note that it was indeed supposed to be cancelled", and that they would take care of it. I still have a $300 pending charge on my card, and have little faith that they will refund it-- I intend to make a fraud claim through the bank instead. Good luck, these guys are the worst of the worst.
I by accident opened a Sitelock account from their website. So within less than an hour after registering and paying for a service with SiteLock, I requested my subscription to be cancelled and refunded. I requested this because I wanted to take the Sitelock package my hosting company advised can be done via them and would be better for managing all my site scripta and security billing from one portal. It is going 2 week now and still no call as they say they need to do to cancel my request. Even contacted their support system and Billings Department. Never available. Then you have to talk to a support consultant and always same feedback. They manually submitted the request to billing again, and nothing gets done.
If they treat their paying customers this way that still wanted to remain a customer but take a bigger package with them via their own hosting companies, then I have to worry how bad the security service support then will be???? I want my subscription cancelled and refunded. Might need to think hard if I wanted to establish a future business relationship with them to incorporate them to all 10 server I now manage. They have shown that their customers do not really matter.
I spent almost $500 on this Sitelock service that is supposed to monitor and protect from Malware, after close to two years of using it I actually needed their protection and they failed to provide it. My site was hacked and their service did not alert me of any danger or make any attempt to fix it. They refused to refund me on top of that. They make it hard to cancel, by requiring you call a special department that is only open certain hours, putting you on hold for over 20 minutes just to reach someone, then putting you on hold for another 20 minutes after you request to cancel. Stay away.
In regard to the review left by Mr. P. P., SiteLock strives to resolve any disputes in a way that satisfies the customer. It is our policy to keep detailed customer records including call details, recordings, and notes on every interaction in order to ensure we deliver the highest level of service. Per the customer's request, we have canceled services and issued a refund. We consider this matter resolved. We regret any frustration the customer experienced. We are happy to continue working with the customer if needed.
I have been trying to reach SiteLock for weeks now about an issue I've been having. I can't seem to speak to anyone, I have sent several emails but have never received a reply. When I use their online chat they keep saying I should fill in the online form and someone will contact me but nobody ever does. Horrible customer service!
This company takes advantage of people, processes charges without any advanced notice, and offers no refunds, even for UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS! I am appalled that companies such as this are allowed to continue to operate. Do not give your credit card info to SiteLock.
SiteLock bearing its value in terms of internet security that it provides great protection to your site as it protect from ddos, malware and hacking attacks. It bears unique features like website acceleration, PCI compliant, Builds trust between your customers and your website.
I've been a SiteLock customer for the last two years. We were recommended to them by our hosting company, JumpLine. We had hired SiteLock because our site was maliciously hacked. We purchased their premium "site clean" service, in which a technician goes through the entire site and removes malicious code. Well, they charged us for the service, but failed to find/remove all the malicious code — consequently we got hacked again 2 months later and our email handle got black-listed by Google as a result. Eventually forcing me to change the name of the entire domain/email so that corporate servers wouldn't continue to block our email address (turns out once you get on a blacklist you never get off).
Despite all this, we kept the service for another two years, mostly out of inconvenience to cancel. SiteLock WON'T ALLOW YOU TO CANCEL on their site. You have to call their customer service, which takes an hour of wait time. We finally got fed up enough that I went through the full rigamarole of canceling (they try to fear-monger you to not cancel on the phone) which happened this month.
Following the cancellation, our site was shut down because of further incompetence on their site... their team had re-directed our DNS without our knowledge, and then when the service was cut off, never repointed back to our hosting service, causing our website to inexplicably go down. FURTHERMORE, it turns out they don't even use their own software for protection... they farm it out to a better-known web-security company called https://www.imperva.com. We discovered this when our site went down and the error messages were routed from Imperva, not SiteLock. So pretty much the worst. Almost scammable. Don't hire these guys no matter what.
SiteLock questions and answers
- What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
- Website security is perceived as being too expensive and too complicated for the small business (SMB) and website owners who need it most, and that very lack of security is what makes them easy targets for cybercriminals. Dedicated to protecting every website on the internet, SiteLock makes website security accessible to website owners and businesses of all sizes by offering the highest level of protection at an affordable price.
- What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
- There are three key things that set SiteLock apart from the competition. First, it’s our job to know cyberattacks. Our research and development efforts ensure that we find and fix new malware and vulnerabilities faster than anyone else. We also ensure you’re protected from the latest threats with our database of 10 million malware signatures and counting.
Second, we empower our customers. Our automated solutions work in the background so website owners can focus on running their website or business, not defending against cyberthreats. Customers always know what’s going on with the security of their sites, thanks to weekly detailed email updates and reports that alert customers to any malware and the number of threats blocked on their sites.
Third, we’re always here for our customers. Our U.S.-based support team is available 24/7/365 via phone or chat, so all issues are handled quickly before further damage is done. Putting customers first by delivering exceptional service and support is one of our core values. We take tremendous pride in ensuring customers receive the best experience possible, and you can see proof of this in the countless positive reviews SiteLock has earned.
- What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- SiteLock fills the need for easy and affordable website security. Our cloud-based products are automated and easy to install, allowing website owners to focus on what’s most important, running their business. SiteLock customers always have help when they need it because our support team is available anytime, 24/7/365. With plans and pricing to fit any budget, SiteLock customers have a website security expert on their team at a fraction of the cost.
- Are customers seeing a benefit in using your products/services to differentiate from the competition? That is, are customers finding market value in touting the use of your company’s product/ service?
- Customers find measurable value from using SiteLock solutions. For example, websites may rank better in search results if they load quickly and are malware-free. Our scanning solutions find and remove known malware, as well as decrease load times with our content delivery network (CDN). Website owners can also build trust with visitors by using the SiteLock Trust Seal, which lets visitors know the site is malware-free. Additionally, our customers are always aware of what’s going on with the security of their site. With detailed email updates and a simple customer dashboard, website owners have insight into the number of threats blocked on their sites—ensuring they always know that their SiteLock solutions are working to protect them.
- How does SiteLock measure success?
- It’s our mission to protect every site on the internet, and with 12 million websites protected so far, we’re off to a great start. Of course, making sure our customers are secure and satisfied is a sure sign of success–which is why we’re proud of the hundreds of positive reviews we’ve received.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
- SiteLock is dedicated to educating website owners about the importance of website security. There are many misconceptions about website security, but perhaps the most dangerous misconception is thinking that your website is too small to be hacked. In fact, it’s just the opposite. The lack of security on smaller sites actually makes them easy targets for cybercriminals who can launch automated attacks on insecure sites. Although it’s the large data breaches that make headlines, smaller breaches happen every day, and they can be devastating to small businesses and websites.
- How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Website security used to be complicated, expensive and difficult for small business owners to implement. Ten years ago, SiteLock was founded with a passion to offer automated, simple, and affordable security for businesses of any size. Since then we have seen website attacks increase to an average of 58 times per day and witnessed the rise of new types of attacks, like cryptojacking and malvertising. Cybercrime isn’t slowing down, and neither are we–SiteLock will continue to stay ahead of the curve.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
- SiteLock makes website security easy for our customers. We were the first to offer fully automated website security solutions that allow website owners to focus on managing their sites without worrying about cyberattacks. We are also one of the only providers to offer complete, cloud-based protection that is easy to install.
It’s also important to understand who’s actually responsible for website security, as many website owners believe they are protected through their hosting provider. In reality, web hosts only provide a secure server environment for a website. It’s the website owner’s responsibility to protect their website within that server. Think of it like an apartment complex–the web host is a landlord and the website owner is renting space from them. The landlord (web host) will protect the building and property (the server), but it is the website owner’s responsibility to lock the front door (website). By using SiteLock, customers can be confident their websites are protected against today’s ever-evolving cyber threats.
- Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
- ● 2019 SC Awards Finalist
○ Best SME Security Solution - SiteLock SecureSite
● 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Website Security Product/Service)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti Malware Product/Service)
○ Finalist – SMART PLUS (Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response)
● 2018 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Security Monitoring)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti-Malware, Anti-Spam or Anti-Virus)
○ Bronze – SiteLock (Innovative Company of the Year – Security)
● 2018 Fortress Cyber Security Awards
○ INFINITY – Threat Detection Winner (highest rating)
● 2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – INFINITY Finalist Anti Malware
○ 2017 Cloud Computing Excellence Award – INFINITY
- How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
- SiteLock is committed to continued innovation and growing our product portfolio so that we can deliver our mission to protect every site on the internet. We also boast hundreds of partners that help us reach website owners around the world. We are dedicated to staying ahead of cybercriminals, and our in-house Research team adds to our database of 10 million malware signatures every day. This drive and advancement have helped us grow from 1 million sites protected in 2013 to 12 million sites protected in 2018–and we won’t stop until every website is safe.
SiteLock Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 8701 E. Hartford Dr., Suite 200
- Postal Code:
- United States