It's that easy Request Information
4.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

SiteLock Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Sitelock was excellent except for one problem. As required by SL, I rang to inform them 30 days in advance of my need to cancel my contact’s automatic renewal. I specified very clearly several times with the rep that I did not want it terminated until its expiry date but that I was merely following SL’s protocol. He confirmed this would be the case. Nevertheless, my contract was terminated the same day and my firewall removed. When I rang and complained, my firewall was eventually restored but not the True Shield coverage I was still paying for. Rather I had been put on the cheapest SMART plan without a firewall. Only after sending a copy of my contract was my service restored. This was a disappointing end to an otherwise excellent service.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Samantha ** was a bit rushing in the beginning, I believe because the kind of environment you guys have there, very rushy but at all time she was able to help me with my questions and problems, I was the 3rd attendant which I contacted and she was the only one being able to give me the right support and finally, take a big weight out of my back. I am very impressed with her support, with the time, talking with her, she became more relaxed and her voice sounded more peaceful which help me tremendously on understanding everything in the right way, which so far before was being quite hard with the other attendants.

This woman was very kind and helpful. I wanted to quit the services and I was very upset, and she was able to agree with me in a deal which is making me considering keep the contract for further year. I was really blessed to have her support and now more than ever, I am happy with site, SiteLock and their deal. 5 stars to Samantha! She is truly a professional. Very well done Sam! And thank you!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Manual! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I just wanted to take a moment to express my extreme gratitude and deep appreciation for the professionalism, kindness, and willingness to help me when I spoke to James most recently. He was extremely helpful and understanding of my difficulties as of late, and he went well above and beyond the extra mile to help me and truly exceeded even my wildest expectations. I think he is truly a stand up person and really deserves all the credit and accolades in the world. Words cannot even begin to express how much I appreciate what he did for me. I also own a small business and I can personally say I wish I had my own staff like him that were even half as cool and smart and willing to help as he is. I would give you a Googol stars if I could and I truly truly mean that.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Jason! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was calling to cancel my SiteLock account since I never finished setting up the website. However, after speaking with James ** on the phone, I decided to switch the account to the website I am using. James even noticed that I didn't need the amount of security that I had previously purchased and that I had on the website I wasn't using. So, he immediately issued a refund and set me up with a more realistic plan for me that was about half the cost. That was something I wasn't even asking for nor was I aware of the fact I didn't need it. So, I truly appreciate his exceptional customer satisfaction and service endeavor. He's definitely someone I would want on my customer service team. He needs a raise!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Glenna! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I chose to leave this report because Richelle was exceptional! I went to her irate, confused and with a poor attitude because I thought I was going to get a hard time with" sales people pressuring me to buy service that I don't need. I was pleasantly surprised as Richelle step by step take me through my dashboard and explain all the features and benefits of what I paying for and what I am getting and above all ensure that any follow- up connections necessary was done smoothly with no dropping of calls. She also gave me her direct number to call in the future if I have any issues. Her attitude, efficiency and genuine care over the phone makes her an asset to Sitelock and make me now a loyal customer!

SiteLock response

Hi Dorette! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Reviewed options for new subscription and new billing. We selected a new subscription. Representative was helpful. No other issues were reviewed. Thank you for your help. Hopefully all will work out with the new subscription. No other comments available at this time.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Sitelock contacted me to inform me that "malware" had been loaded on my site. Of course this was alarming, so I had my host service perform a comprehensive scan of the site directory to ensure whether this was true or not, and the entire directory came back with a clean bill of health. One of the site's blog logins had been hacked, which is much different than a malware infection. So I informed Sitelock that they were being misleading. Then they contacted my clients directly, with the repeated lie of malware being present. These guys are the modern mafia.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The backstory: I use HostGator hosting. I had an additional service connected, the SiteLock addon, which monitors the security of the website. Yesterday morning I received a message from SiteLock that malware was detected on my site. The day before, I had inserted the advertising network code, which is often scolded by antivirus because of its specifics. This code is not actually malware, but to experiment, I decided to remove the code from the site and restart SiteLock scanning. I also enabled the "SiteLock CDN/Firewall" feature in my personal account at HostGator.

The same evening, I discovered that my site had become unavailable. Chrome was showing an error: "This site can’t be reached. The webpage at https://**/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT". It also turned out that the site is successfully opened via VPN and mobile network.

I googled the problem, found some ideas, tried to apply them (in particular, to clear the DNS cache, reboot the router, etc.). Nothing helped. I decided to write to HostGator support. It is noteworthy, that I like their technical support: always friendly consultants, available 24/7, solve problems quickly. I wrote to "Malware/Security" section. I explained the situation (that SiteLock was scolding at the advertising script, that it wasn't malware, but I removed the script anyway; I specified that the site is not available only on my network and that I recently enabled SiteLock’s CDN/Firewall).

A SiteLock representative Brandon ** joined the chat room, requested my website name, and then started asking me absolutely unconstructive questions:

- Do I feel that the malware has been removed?
- Do I know how malware works?

- Do I understand what he says?

Then he started talking that the viruses will come back unless I protect my site "for just 40 bucks a month". At this point, I probably should have become really scared and gave Brandon money immediately (LOL????). I had a strong feeling that Brandon thought he might intimidate me and hit me up for money. But the trick is that I am aware of what kind of scripts I placed on my site. I also think I can tell the difference between malicious code and other problems with access to the site. If the malware had crashed my site, the site would have been unavailable from any network, not only from my home network. So I silently closed the chat with Brandon. And after 30 seconds I received a catch-up email from him????: “Here are the details of the services to remove and prevent malware: Website Scanning. TrueSpeed CDN. TrueShield WAF. I look forward to your feedback on this service for $25 per month.”

After that, I decided I no longer want to use SiteLock services and disabled their add-on (which costs $3 a month) on my hosting ❌. The problem with the site has not disappeared and I decided to write again to HostGator technical support, but in another section - Tech Support/SSL. This time I was answered directly by a consultant from HostGator. He asked permission to access my cPanel, and found a problem with the A record there. The record was changed from my domain name to **.sitelockcdn.net ❗. Because of this, SSL did not work properly. We changed the record to the original one and the site soon started working.

Conclusion: As I understand it, the A record changed because I clicked the “SiteLock CDN/Firewall enable” button. While the update came into effect, my site was unavailable. Maybe the next day everything would have been fine, but my experience with Brandon ** convinced me to say goodbye to SiteLock forever, because nothing annoys me more than trying to hit me up for money and make me look like a fool without even bothering to figure out the situation??? Ironically, the problem was caused precisely because of SiteLock's actions, which did not warn me that my site might be unavailable for a few hours after the firewall enabling.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

The lady I spoke with was so nice and knowledgeable. Always great service whenever I call. The lady I spoke with last time I called was additionally very nice and friendly. Love the team at Sitelock, always a pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We support a charity whose website was frozen because of a malware breach. SiteLock was hired to clean and secure the site so it could be live again, important because it is the charity's main source of donations. SiteLock understood the urgency and was very helpful in getting it live again.

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Website security is perceived as being too expensive and too complicated for the small business (SMB) and website owners who need it most, and that very lack of security is what makes them easy targets for cybercriminals. Dedicated to protecting every website on the internet, SiteLock makes website security accessible to website owners and businesses of all sizes by offering the highest level of protection at an affordable price.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
There are three key things that set SiteLock apart from the competition. First, it’s our job to know cyberattacks. Our research and development efforts ensure that we find and fix new malware and vulnerabilities faster than anyone else. We also ensure you’re protected from the latest threats with our database of 10 million malware signatures and counting.

Second, we empower our customers. Our automated solutions work in the background so website owners can focus on running their website or business, not defending against cyberthreats. Customers always know what’s going on with the security of their sites, thanks to weekly detailed email updates and reports that alert customers to any malware and the number of threats blocked on their sites.

Third, we’re always here for our customers. Our U.S.-based support team is available 24/7/365 via phone or chat, so all issues are handled quickly before further damage is done. Putting customers first by delivering exceptional service and support is one of our core values. We take tremendous pride in ensuring customers receive the best experience possible, and you can see proof of this in the countless positive reviews SiteLock has earned.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock fills the need for easy and affordable website security. Our cloud-based products are automated and easy to install, allowing website owners to focus on what’s most important, running their business. SiteLock customers always have help when they need it because our support team is available anytime, 24/7/365. With plans and pricing to fit any budget, SiteLock customers have a website security expert on their team at a fraction of the cost.
Are customers seeing a benefit in using your products/services to differentiate from the competition? That is, are customers finding market value in touting the use of your company’s product/ service?
Customers find measurable value from using SiteLock solutions. For example, websites may rank better in search results if they load quickly and are malware-free. Our scanning solutions find and remove known malware, as well as decrease load times with our content delivery network (CDN). Website owners can also build trust with visitors by using the SiteLock Trust Seal, which lets visitors know the site is malware-free. Additionally, our customers are always aware of what’s going on with the security of their site. With detailed email updates and a simple customer dashboard, website owners have insight into the number of threats blocked on their sites—ensuring they always know that their SiteLock solutions are working to protect them.
How does SiteLock measure success?
It’s our mission to protect every site on the internet, and with 12 million websites protected so far, we’re off to a great start. Of course, making sure our customers are secure and satisfied is a sure sign of success–which is why we’re proud of the hundreds of positive reviews we’ve received.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
SiteLock is dedicated to educating website owners about the importance of website security. There are many misconceptions about website security, but perhaps the most dangerous misconception is thinking that your website is too small to be hacked. In fact, it’s just the opposite. The lack of security on smaller sites actually makes them easy targets for cybercriminals who can launch automated attacks on insecure sites. Although it’s the large data breaches that make headlines, smaller breaches happen every day, and they can be devastating to small businesses and websites.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Website security used to be complicated, expensive and difficult for small business owners to implement. Ten years ago, SiteLock was founded with a passion to offer automated, simple, and affordable security for businesses of any size. Since then we have seen website attacks increase to an average of 58 times per day and witnessed the rise of new types of attacks, like cryptojacking and malvertising. Cybercrime isn’t slowing down, and neither are we–SiteLock will continue to stay ahead of the curve.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
SiteLock makes website security easy for our customers. We were the first to offer fully automated website security solutions that allow website owners to focus on managing their sites without worrying about cyberattacks. We are also one of the only providers to offer complete, cloud-based protection that is easy to install.

It’s also important to understand who’s actually responsible for website security, as many website owners believe they are protected through their hosting provider. In reality, web hosts only provide a secure server environment for a website. It’s the website owner’s responsibility to protect their website within that server. Think of it like an apartment complex–the web host is a landlord and the website owner is renting space from them. The landlord (web host) will protect the building and property (the server), but it is the website owner’s responsibility to lock the front door (website). By using SiteLock, customers can be confident their websites are protected against today’s ever-evolving cyber threats.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
● 2019 SC Awards Finalist
○ Best SME Security Solution - SiteLock SecureSite
● 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Website Security Product/Service)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti Malware Product/Service)
○ Finalist – SMART PLUS (Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response)
● 2018 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Security Monitoring)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti-Malware, Anti-Spam or Anti-Virus)
○ Bronze – SiteLock (Innovative Company of the Year – Security)
● 2018 Fortress Cyber Security Awards
○ INFINITY – Threat Detection Winner (highest rating)
● 2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – INFINITY Finalist Anti Malware
○ 2017 Cloud Computing Excellence Award – INFINITY
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
SiteLock is committed to continued innovation and growing our product portfolio so that we can deliver our mission to protect every site on the internet. We also boast hundreds of partners that help us reach website owners around the world. We are dedicated to staying ahead of cybercriminals, and our in-house Research team adds to our database of 10 million malware signatures every day. This drive and advancement have helped us grow from 1 million sites protected in 2013 to 12 million sites protected in 2018–and we won’t stop until every website is safe.

SiteLock Company Information