It's that easy Request Information
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

435 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I just wanted to take a moment to express my extreme gratitude and deep appreciation for the professionalism, kindness, and willingness to help me when I spoke to James most recently. He was extremely helpful and understanding of my difficulties as of late, and he went well above and beyond the extra mile to help me and truly exceeded even my wildest expectations. I think he is truly a stand up person and really deserves all the credit and accolades in the world. Words cannot even begin to express how much I appreciate what he did for me. I also own a small business and I can personally say I wish I had my own staff like him that were even half as cool and smart and willing to help as he is. I would give you a Googol stars if I could and I truly truly mean that.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Jason! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Original Issue: Websites displayed a blank screen. The problem originated from, and concluded with, my web host provider, iPage, who changed its shared hosting IP address. IPage's IP change caused my websites to display a blank screen and then an internal error message. SiteLock's representative Mr. Tyrell ** diligently and politely assisted me in resolving iPage's issue, which was unbeknownst to me prior to communicating with Mr. **. Absent his excellence assistance, I would have been seemingly forced to discontinue SiteLock's security services. Mr. ** stood by me when dealing with iPage. I cannot really explain further details because, quite frankly, I just don't fully understand what occurred except for iPage's IP address change. What I can say for certain is this: Again, but for Mr. ** diligent and polite assistance, I would no longer have SiteLock as my website security provider. Thank you again, Tyrell.

SiteLock response

Hi TL, thank you for the kind words! Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Best,

The SiteLock team

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have had my ups & downs with getting information from my Web Hosting company as to how to protect my website from hacking & malicious virus like malware. Your Web-hosting company may not explain to you that it is your responsibility to protect your website & you won't find that out yourself until your website is taken down & quarantined. Then you will find out it is your responsibility to protect it & Sitelock gets introduced to the picture as your line of defense to these bad people trying to make your life miserable with malware issues. If you are lucky enough to be passed along to a Customer Service person such as Ms. Richelle Eckert of Sitelock, you will get a nice & thorough introduction to Sitelock & ALL they do.

I received a very comprehensive review of the services I receive for the small monthly fee I am charged. At first I was frustrated & not very nice, but by the end of the conversation I was calm & at ease & a lot more informed. So, before you jump to conclusions about both your Web-hosting company or your Website security vendor, understand who does & doesn't do what. It will help you to get to the correct company to voice your frustration & receive corrective action. I got lucky yesterday in meeting via phone Ms. Richelle.

SiteLock response

Welcome to the SiteLock family, Craig. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we’re happy you’ve had a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was most impressed by response time! I replied to a Sitelock email notification that there was malware on my site. Within a couple of minutes (might be less than 1 min) I had a Sitelock rep calling me... color me impressed! Everyone I dealt with at the company was fantastic to interact with. Courteous, personable, and exceptionally helpful.

The only (short-term) qualm I had... turned out there was no malware on my website and I had ended up purchasing Sitelock because the "you have malware" notification. Not the end of the world; after thinking it over I realized the service is something I most likely wanted anyway so I'm happy to pay for it. Just, the situation leading up to the purchase left a bad taste in my mouth (very temporarily). Anyhow, I am happy to know that if I ever need assistance your teams are quick to respond, happy to help, and easy to talk to along the way.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Abid, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Should you have any further questions about the malware notification you received, please let us know if we'd be happy to help.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My site was hacked and Google shut it down. The team at SiteLock restored the site and removed back doors and bad links that hackers placed it the site code. They had a straightforward restoration process and had firewall protection for sale. They implemented the changes immediately and my site was functional within a few hours; I called around 11pm, I found my website operational early next morning.

I recommend Sitelock includes the firewall as part of their hosting for all sites since this site was hacked on the server of the provider who I am doing business with. The site is on their server and they must protect my site which is, my asset as the client and theirs as the host, a shared asset. Banks do not charge for thicker steel vault doors or for better online encryption. Please correct the pricing to reflect the protection offered upfront, which also reflects your investment in our shared asset, your server. Thank you for the great service and prompt solutions.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Alper! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: May 16, 2019

The SiteLock True Shield Professional account is due for renewal in June. I reviewed the cost of renewal and components of the product with Orlantria **. She was professional and very knowledgeable about the product. I feel comfortable with this information to present at my meeting today. Thank you.

Original review: May 15, 2019

The agent Orlantria ** is great as your customer service/satisfaction liaison. I was very irritated by what I didn't know about my subscription for Sitelock. I am still leery but she helped me get the right product when my initial POC didn't tell me.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Allie was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to help me get website issues resolved. Allie stayed on the phone with Fatcow and resolved the issues. She was fantastic talking with Fatcow for me due to my lack up understanding computer language.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I am a small business owner. I serve my clients in person, but I also rely on my website to run my small business. And because I'm small, I don't have a professional website developer. I maintain my own website. So I was especially relieved when I worked with the SiteLock team. They helped me understand what was needed to keep my site safe. And they walked me through the process with professional grace.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Billing inquiry or clarification. We are very satisfied with the services provided. We had problems with our website securities and malware attacks. SiteLock helped us and is helping us to have our site load properly and safely. We highly recommend these services.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I was having an issue with my login and retrieving a copy of the paid invoice. I was lucky to have Donna ** answer my call. She was polite and professional. But most of all she solved all of my issues quickly. She is wonderful.

SiteLock response

Hi Cindy! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I called Customer Service and they were very supportive and explained me everything very easy. They walked me through the whole process and they stayed with me over the phone with the best attitude ever.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Halim! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: April 26, 2019

I called in with an Issue. I spoke to Donna, she was attentive to my needs and went above & beyond to resolve my issue on my one call to her being I will be leaving the country. Donna is a great asset to Sitelock.

SiteLock response

Hi Eda! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Literally the best customer service I have ever experienced in a company. Every single person is extremely helpful, kind and patient. I cannot believe it. This company has such great CS that I literally had to post your information on my web design and dev website. You guys have beat Godaddy who have been my #1 when it comes to CS. THANK YOU!

SiteLock response

Thank you Kelly, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The customer care I received from Crystol at Site Lock is the most extraordinary experience I have had with anyone in any company. I can’t say enough about her understanding, her patience, her professionalism, and her intelligence. I am so grateful for the way in which she helped me. That someone like Crystol works for Site Lock attests to the excellence of the company. I have already told fifty people about my experience with Crystol, and cannot brag enough about her and Site Lock.

SiteLock response

Hi Betty! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was very pleased with the speed to which my question was answered. I was also pleased with the answer and outcome. Sitelock then sent me to tech support to add security features to my website and update the firewall. Very good experience.

SiteLock response

Thank you Samantha, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I called to quit my subscription or significantly lower the price. Mathew explained what I had (for $600/year), why I was given that level of service originally, why a reduced level would be appropriate (after he reviewed my site and its general activity), and how this service would continue to keep my site secure. He was very helpful and articulate.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Richard! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: April 10, 2019

Your representative was extremely patient and helpful. I appreciated his knowledge and understanding regarding my situation. He made several attempts to contact me and was persistent to get my registration done.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Monica! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I simply had the best experience ever with SiteLock! Thank you Luis for all your help. You were very helpful and answered all of my questions. I don't know a lot about website maintenance and security but you helped me get a better understanding of what I needed to do. Thank You.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Vincent! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Daniel in tech support went out of his way to resolve this issue for me. It was beyond the scope of SiteLock's service, but he helped me get my site back online. Alex in billing helping me reconfigure my plan so that I'm getting the most bang for my buck. Thanks, guys.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Janet! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I called to discuss my billing and was helped by Alex **. He was friendly, kind and very helpful. He was able to help me understand my issue and even get a better plan. I was already pleased with SiteLock, and now I will definitely be a customer for a long time!

SiteLock response

Thank you Jeremy for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Thank you for the great service. The representative helped me update the payment information and setup an annual plan to help save us some money in the long run. I'd recommend the SiteLock service to anyone looking to protect their customer information and prevent unauthorized access to their site. Thank again!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Mahmoud! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: April 1, 2019

Orlantria very graciously worked with me to reduce my monthly fees. We reviewed my level of use, and she assured that I would maintain malware protection without additional charges. She stayed on to confirm that the change was complete.

SiteLock response

Thank you Robert for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Richelle was really knowledgeable and helpful to me when I spoke to her on the phone. She provided me with helpful options and knew how to manage my questions. I am very appreciative I got her when I called.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Lisa! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: March 22, 2019

Donna was very helpful and easy to talk to. I was going to cancel my subscription as I am creating a different type of website. However, Donna helped me understand what the different services that I was getting did and I changed my decision and got on a better plan for me now.

SiteLock response

Hi Laurie! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Great experience and super helpful! I created a small blog and can't afford to spend a lot on security. This experience helped me to keep things going - which I appreciate! Alie really helped me to look at my options and ensure that there wasn't a lapse. I'm a happy mommy blogger. :) Thanks!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Alexia! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: March 20, 2019

I switched service subscriptions to low my business expenses. In doing so, my app experienced issues serving images. SiteLock was excellent in finding a white-list solution that saved the account. Great job.

SiteLock response

Thank you John for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: March 19, 2019

The Site Lock agent Steven **, that I spoke with today, answered all my questions clearly, and, in addition, he explained other things I had not been previously aware of. He was patient and knowledgeable as well.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Donna! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I'm a client of SiteLock for about 2+ yesrs. First I was using scan and clean service via Network solutions until I spoke to a sitelock representative, who advised me that my service is not sufficient and recommended a Firewall premium at 49.99/moth. I was advised that I will never have any issues with my site as it will be watched over against all intrusions.

Well, last week I was advised that my site was infected with some .php files and needs to be scanned and cleaned. I contacted sitelock and to my surprise was offered another service for $300. I was also advised that there are very smart hackers who obviously went around my PREMIUM firewall. I did not expect this excuse! I then spoke to a supervisor who promised to review the original phone call where I was promised all these super services. She was not rude, but her willingness to help can be compared to a sand paper on someone's lips. After talking to her twice I decided to cancel my PREMIUM (non working) firewall. At that time I was transferred to Orlantria Atson.

For a change I spoke to someone who actually cares for Sitelock. She offered a solution and I accepted. This is a type of a person that should be a supervisor. I'm surprised that some supervisors (in my opinion) care about helping customers as much as I want to help ASIS. I hope that I made my self clear. Eli **. Vice President of Engineering. Advanced orientation Systems, inc.

SiteLock response

Hi Eli! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Olantria was great, it's a little hard that I need to call by phone, but she was great, she understood everything and made it easy. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult to cancel a service, but she did great.

SiteLock response

Thank you Ronen for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Website security is perceived as being too expensive and too complicated for the small business (SMB) and website owners who need it most, and that very lack of security is what makes them easy targets for cybercriminals. Dedicated to protecting every website on the internet, SiteLock makes website security accessible to website owners and businesses of all sizes by offering the highest level of protection at an affordable price.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
There are three key things that set SiteLock apart from the competition. First, it’s our job to know cyberattacks. Our research and development efforts ensure that we find and fix new malware and vulnerabilities faster than anyone else. We also ensure you’re protected from the latest threats with our database of 10 million malware signatures and counting.

Second, we empower our customers. Our automated solutions work in the background so website owners can focus on running their website or business, not defending against cyberthreats. Customers always know what’s going on with the security of their sites, thanks to weekly detailed email updates and reports that alert customers to any malware and the number of threats blocked on their sites.

Third, we’re always here for our customers. Our U.S.-based support team is available 24/7/365 via phone or chat, so all issues are handled quickly before further damage is done. Putting customers first by delivering exceptional service and support is one of our core values. We take tremendous pride in ensuring customers receive the best experience possible, and you can see proof of this in the countless positive reviews SiteLock has earned.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock fills the need for easy and affordable website security. Our cloud-based products are automated and easy to install, allowing website owners to focus on what’s most important, running their business. SiteLock customers always have help when they need it because our support team is available anytime, 24/7/365. With plans and pricing to fit any budget, SiteLock customers have a website security expert on their team at a fraction of the cost.
Are customers seeing a benefit in using your products/services to differentiate from the competition? That is, are customers finding market value in touting the use of your company’s product/ service?
Customers find measurable value from using SiteLock solutions. For example, websites may rank better in search results if they load quickly and are malware-free. Our scanning solutions find and remove known malware, as well as decrease load times with our content delivery network (CDN). Website owners can also build trust with visitors by using the SiteLock Trust Seal, which lets visitors know the site is malware-free. Additionally, our customers are always aware of what’s going on with the security of their site. With detailed email updates and a simple customer dashboard, website owners have insight into the number of threats blocked on their sites—ensuring they always know that their SiteLock solutions are working to protect them.
How does SiteLock measure success?
It’s our mission to protect every site on the internet, and with 12 million websites protected so far, we’re off to a great start. Of course, making sure our customers are secure and satisfied is a sure sign of success–which is why we’re proud of the hundreds of positive reviews we’ve received.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
SiteLock is dedicated to educating website owners about the importance of website security. There are many misconceptions about website security, but perhaps the most dangerous misconception is thinking that your website is too small to be hacked. In fact, it’s just the opposite. The lack of security on smaller sites actually makes them easy targets for cybercriminals who can launch automated attacks on insecure sites. Although it’s the large data breaches that make headlines, smaller breaches happen every day, and they can be devastating to small businesses and websites.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Website security used to be complicated, expensive and difficult for small business owners to implement. Ten years ago, SiteLock was founded with a passion to offer automated, simple, and affordable security for businesses of any size. Since then we have seen website attacks increase to an average of 58 times per day and witnessed the rise of new types of attacks, like cryptojacking and malvertising. Cybercrime isn’t slowing down, and neither are we–SiteLock will continue to stay ahead of the curve.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
SiteLock makes website security easy for our customers. We were the first to offer fully automated website security solutions that allow website owners to focus on managing their sites without worrying about cyberattacks. We are also one of the only providers to offer complete, cloud-based protection that is easy to install.

It’s also important to understand who’s actually responsible for website security, as many website owners believe they are protected through their hosting provider. In reality, web hosts only provide a secure server environment for a website. It’s the website owner’s responsibility to protect their website within that server. Think of it like an apartment complex–the web host is a landlord and the website owner is renting space from them. The landlord (web host) will protect the building and property (the server), but it is the website owner’s responsibility to lock the front door (website). By using SiteLock, customers can be confident their websites are protected against today’s ever-evolving cyber threats.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
● 2019 SC Awards Finalist
○ Best SME Security Solution - SiteLock SecureSite
● 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Website Security Product/Service)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti Malware Product/Service)
○ Finalist – SMART PLUS (Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response)
● 2018 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Security Monitoring)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti-Malware, Anti-Spam or Anti-Virus)
○ Bronze – SiteLock (Innovative Company of the Year – Security)
● 2018 Fortress Cyber Security Awards
○ INFINITY – Threat Detection Winner (highest rating)
● 2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – INFINITY Finalist Anti Malware
○ 2017 Cloud Computing Excellence Award – INFINITY
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
SiteLock is committed to continued innovation and growing our product portfolio so that we can deliver our mission to protect every site on the internet. We also boast hundreds of partners that help us reach website owners around the world. We are dedicated to staying ahead of cybercriminals, and our in-house Research team adds to our database of 10 million malware signatures every day. This drive and advancement have helped us grow from 1 million sites protected in 2013 to 12 million sites protected in 2018–and we won’t stop until every website is safe.

SiteLock Company Information