It's that easy Request Information
4.71/5
Based on 196 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

221 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

Great first-time conversation with Scott. Cleared up some outdated registration information quickly and then reviewed the new scanning features. Scott added context to the review and helped with understanding the security risks unique to our website. We have a better understanding of the costs involved in better securing our website.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

James walked me through all of the aspects of my Dashboard and what their purpose is and how to read the results. He was very informative and gave me some tips on how to ask my website designer to update my site.

SiteLock response

Thank you Mary for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: June 14, 2018

James ** called for our quarterly review and was very helpful in explaining the different features within our account and helped set up the database scan for our site, too. In addition, he helped me figure out an issue that I was having when logging into my panel, which I have been trying to figure out for months! He was helpful and friendly.

SiteLock response

Hi Diana! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: June 12, 2018

James was very helpful in describing the different services I have paid for and telling me how to make more of my site. I appreciated his careful and detailed explanations. He also made sure that I, a non computer expert, could easily follow along. It was a very informative session.

SiteLock response

Thank you Lynn for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: June 12, 2018

M James ** called me to update and explain the Dashboard. I must say he told me in very good simple way that any layman, like me, could understand. I will be talking to my colleague who handles the website and do the necessary updates and changes. Great work James.

SiteLock response

Thank you Rakesh for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: June 11, 2018

The representative was very helpful, understanding, and I feel as though I was being listened to. Really happy with my experience! Refreshing. Very very happy with the service I was given by my billing representative, totally understanding and couldn't do any more to help me! Refreshing!!

SiteLock response

Thank you Gavin for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Had to change the credit card on file as the current credit card on file, our Pastor's credit card, will no longer be used. He will be leaving our Parish as of 06/28/18. I had no complaints from our webmaster/visitors since we started SiteLock April 2017. No news is good news. So it seems everything is fine with our website.

SiteLock response

Thank you Mary Ann for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: June 8, 2018

While my site read as HTTPS://, when I went to GTMetrix it said the certificate was not valid. It turns out it was a problem with the configuration of my SiteLock. That has is being fixed and all is good. Thanks!

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Madeline. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we’re happy you’ve had a positive experience.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Whitney ** was extremely helpful in assisting me in discontinuing my service due to switching my website over to a new host. She was very polite, and was able to guide me through the process, and sent me my cancellation confirmation as I requested.

SiteLock response

Thank you Justina for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Lee helped us take care of exactly what we needed. Super supportive and got us in connection with the right people at SiteLock. The rest of the SiteLock team we worked with were very helpful as well. Thanks so very much!

SiteLock response

Thank you Jason for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: June 7, 2018

We have reduced our site to an information type page and eliminated the shopping cart. We needed reduced security but still wanted some protection. Stephen was able to provide us with this and lowered our cost of service. We now have a secure fire wall and have been able to get our web cost under control.

SiteLock response

Thank you Charles for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: June 7, 2018

Devon did a nice job of helping me understand what was wrong with my service. I was intending to cancel my service, but he helped work through what has been an ongoing problem. And instead of having me wait on hold, he took my information and went to work on the problem - which most companies don't really do. Thanks Devon.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, John. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have a great Experience with your service, I give a full recommended your security service, you fix my security problems in a record time. On magento technology, you fix the problem in a few minutes, this important for the business. And Dave provided solution for the billing questions instantaneously.

SiteLock response

Thank you Samuel for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Devin has been fantastic! He is great at follow up, follow through and seems genuinely interested in the security and well being of our site. He is also great at putting technical jargon into basic terms and scenarios that are easily understood.

SiteLock response

Thank you ReBecca for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Insufficient response received
Original review: June 7, 2018 SiteLock contract is ridiculous and you get suckered into a year commitment with a fine of over $3000. If for any reason you want to end their service,

their service is very very expensive and altogether not that amazing, there are way better alternatives out there that are cheaper and don't scam you this way. Make sure you never sign up with them or anyone else.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I've spent the last four days on live chat with BlueHost, literally hours, trying to fix my site. The finally told me I can't have SiteLock AND SSL certificate (it was about their 15th reason offered). I contacted sitelock, they called me right away, reconfigured the SSL, fixed everything, answered ALL of my questions. Thank you!

SiteLock response

Thank you Christy for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I received a notice from you that SiteLock could not connect with my Host monster website. Your customer service agent repaired the problem and sent me an e-mail when my system was working again. I am pleased. I don't like to pay for a program that is not operational.

SiteLock response

Thank you Susan for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Jesse's assistance today was extremely helpful. His demeanor was very pleasant. He arranged a conference call w/ Bluehost, and worked efficiently with the Bluehost rep to resolve this issue at hand. Additionally, he happily answered *several* questions I had about a wide range of security-related subjects while we were on hold with Bluehost. Overall a very positive experience!

SiteLock response

Thank you Natalie for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: June 1, 2018

SiteLock's David & Kevin were patient, courteous, and knowledgeable. The only confusion: the phone number listed on the SiteLock dashboard connected me to a person from Network Solutions who had no idea how to help me. I had to find the correct helpline number on my own. Once I found the number, I had a great experience with SiteLock's tech support.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Allan! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: May 31, 2018

My site was hacked and Google shut it down. The team at SiteLock restored the site and removed back doors and bad links that hackers placed it the site code. They had a straightforward restoration process and had firewall protection for sale. They implemented the changes immediately and my site was functional within a few hours; I called around 11pm, I found my website operational early next morning.

I recommend Sitelock includes the firewall as part of their hosting for all sites since this site was hacked on the server of the provider who I am doing business with. The site is on their server and they must protect my site which is, my asset as the client and theirs as the host, a shared asset. Banks do not charge for thicker steel vault doors or for better online encryption. Please correct the pricing to reflect the protection offered upfront, which also reflects your investment in our shared asset, your server. Thank you for the great service and prompt solutions.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Alper! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: May 30, 2018

The first rep that contacted me, Aladin was amazing, very helpful and friendly and explained to me what was going on with my site and how it could be corrected. He was fun, light hearted and outgoing and took away the stress of finding out my site was infected with malware. The second rep was very helpful and courteous as well and left me feeling very secure with my decision to entrust SiteLock with my site's security :).

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Carrie. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Great support... friendly & informative! Thanks! Very quick to respond to my needs and apparently the problem has been fixed in a very speedy and efficient manner. All the support staff with whom I spoke were very knowledgeable and helped me immensely with the problems on my website.

SiteLock response

Thank you Gregory for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I was contacted while I was traveling about an issue with my SiteLock scab and the customer service I received has been exemplary. I was quite concerned because I did not have secure internet while I was traveling. David assured me that the issue could be resolved. Both David ** and Eli were extremely helpful and resolved the issue for my website. Thank you!

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Denise. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

No response received
Original review: May 23, 2018

It's my opinion that SiteLock is exhibiting predatory sales tactics. In my case they sold me on the service to monitor and protect my website from malware for a subscription fee. They are aggressive. But the worst part is that malware infected my site again and I called SiteLock for help since I'm a paying customer. Even though they originally sold me on the effectiveness of their products they told me they were not going to be able to remove the new malware and it would cost $300 to remove it. They also were trying to sell me on more services. It's just my opinion but then I believe they set up a system to catch people when they are most vulnerable then charge them a lot to get their website working again. The support people that I talked to are salespeople. Look elsewhere folks. Save yourself the wasted time, money and the headaches that come with choosing the wrong company to protect your website.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I had been having difficulty with activating SiteLock Smart Scanner since purchasing the product... after changing over from a 'shared' to a 'Cloud' server with Hostgator - I sent a 'cry for help again yesterday'. I requested a phone call during Australian Bus. Hours - and ADAM called me on time and fixed everything over the phone... AND helped with a WordPress/website issue I didn't know how to fix... He went above & beyond in the service, not only with Smart Scanner, but the extra website/plugin issue too. AWESOME - I am very happy and no longer frustrated with issues. Thank you.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Peter. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: May 12, 2018

My tiny commerce website, where I sell books on how to build acoustic guitars from kits, was taken over by hackers and I had no way to fix it. I was referred to SiteLock by my host. Within four days, they had cleaned my site and I was able to go back online. I also received Trademark Infringement letters caused by the hackers' evil sense of "humor," and the causes of those infringements also went away. Couldn't ask for better service, and they stayed in touch all through the process.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Bill! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Insufficient response received
Original review: May 6, 2018

SiteLock didn't spot a malware infected site for 4 months then tried to charge me $99 per month for a product that costs less than $300 per year, on a site that they were meant to be protecting. 4 months and over 1,000 additional malware infected pages created and SiteLock didn't spot one of them. I was told that it only scans 5 pages, this simply isn't true, the wording on their site states that "SiteLock Lite is a free malware scanner that searches for malware by scanning the sitemap of your website for infections", with over 1,000 malware pages listed in the sitemap I cannot possibly see how they didn't spot it. If SiteLock had scanned any single page, they would have found the malware. SiteLock didn't scan the website or SiteLock are so bad that they simply didn't find the malware.

So, sitelock's product is less than useless. SiteLock lie to you over the phone and then try to charge you 3 times more than the price of the product you're buying into. Furthermore, the 'security experts' that Bluehost immediately put you through to, because the companies are financially linked, in that they are owned by the same people, are nothing more than sales people. When trying to explain technical information, he simply didn't understand the most basic things I was explaining, instead reading from the same script over and over until he finally agreed to pass me back to Bluehost. DO NOT TRUST OR USE SITELOCK. Keep your server and website patched. Use secure random passwords. Do not use the username admin or root and the likelihood that you'll be hacked is minimal.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Devin answered every question I had and explained everything that I needed to know regarding the provided firewall services. He also fixed my account so I can view invoices and other info and walked me through the dashboard and features.

SiteLock response

Thank you Gary for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: April 30, 2018

The representative was able to help me solve issues and discrepancies in my sites. I feel he went above and beyond to make sure there was a clear understanding of what needed to be done and the benefits of certain decisions.

SiteLock response

Thank you Candice for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Elizabeth ** was patient and professional in helping me resolve my billing issues. She also provided me information and technical advise on the use of SiteLock's Dashboard capabilities. She explained how the Dashboard can improve my site security and increase efficiency.

SiteLock response

Hi Del! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Over the last several years, cyber breaches have dominated news headlines. It is proven that the majority of businesses that have suffered a cyber-attack will be out of business by the following year. It’s not a matter of if it happens, but when. The problem is, most organizations are not prepared when it does. A large number of data breaches occur because a company’s website is not properly protected. Hackers find a way into websites through vulnerabilities, which allow hackers to take control of a website in many ways. These ways range from stealing customer data to shutting down your website completely. Once this happens, a company’s reputation and creditability is effectively destroyed. SiteLock is here to help prevent this from happening, and to ensure online businesses stay safe, accessible, and always making money.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
The art of effective website security lies in a comprehensive, 360˚ approach. This means protection from the inside out as well as the outside in. Other security providers out there today merely offer one small piece of the security pie, like only offering malware scanning, but not malware removal, or only offering a website firewall, but no scanning solution. SiteLock has the technology to do it all, which is daily scanning with automatic malware removal, a managed PCI-certified web application firewall with a global CDN for a blazing fast website, advanced DDoS protection and an unrivaled 24/7 phone support staff. There is no security provider on the market today that offers the breadth and depth of what SiteLock provides.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock’s comprehensive security suite provides all an organization would ever need for their website security. Organizations that may choose to employ a provider for one area of website security will likely need to find another company to address another needed area of protection. For example, one company will be needed for application scanning, yet another company is needed to provide a firewall solution. SiteLock is the only top of the line, one-stop-shop when it comes to your website security needs. And, we are here for you 24/7, when all other providers are sleeping.
How does SiteLock measure success?
Since SiteLock was launched in 2008, our business has grown substantially. Over the last year alone, we have seen explosive growth. To put things into perspective, in 2014, we were protecting over 1 million websites. Today, one year later, we currently protect over 5 million websites. Most importantly, we have been at the forefront of educating and assisting millions of website owners in understanding and confronting website security challenges and responsibilities.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
One of the most common misconceptions we see is that security professionals and executives in organizations falsely believe that they are fully protected. This is not always the case, just because an organization's network infrastructure may be protected, that does not mean their website is as well. Without the proper security plan in place, a security breach stemming from a website vulnerability could cause much more damage than executives and business owners may believe. Also, many business owners think that a data breach simply will never happen to them. The sad reality is that the cyber-attack bomb is ticking, it’s just a matter of when it will go off.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The cybersecurity industry is the fastest growing industry right now. The topic of cybersecurity is quickly becoming a board of directors level issue, meaning board members are spending a considerable amount of time discussing how to properly address the problem of hacking and cybersecurity. It’s an unfortunate reality, but cyberattacks are dramatically on the rise, with absolutely no slowdown in sight.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
We wish consumers could see for themselves just how highly advanced our security products really are. SiteLock® Infinity™ is a state of the art malware and vulnerability remediation service with highly advanced, patent-pending technology that combines the deepest website scanning available with automatic malware removal, to a degree of accuracy and frequency that is truly unrivaled in the security industry. We have an enterprise-grade web application firewall offering unlimited DDoS protection, and fully customizable plans for organizations of all sizes.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
SiteLock has received the HostingCon 2013 “Best Website Security” award as well as the 2014 Online Trust Alliance© “Online Trust Honor Roll” recognition.
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
When SiteLock started in 2008, it was geared mainly towards offering website security to small businesses. Historically, website security was typically only accessible to large corporations that could handle the significant financial investment. With the growth of the online small business, SiteLock recognized the need to deliver website security technology and tools to support them. Fast-forward to 2015, SiteLock has now installed itself as a cornerstone of the small business market, having exclusive partnerships with the largest hosting providers out there, such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, HostGator, 1&1, Media Temple, Network Solutions and so many more. SiteLock has now expanded into supporting enterprise organizations with our robust, highly advanced and competitive product and pricing website security solutions.

SiteLock Company Information