SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Great experience from SiteLock as always. We use them to secure our client's sites. We are very happy with the service and can sleep soundly knowing that the sites are protected. Will definitely recommend to colleagues for them to take care of their client sites as well. The dashboard is easy to read and manage.
Thank you, Carlos for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!
We're a nonprofit that recently fell short of our fundraising goal. Therefore we're having to cut back on several services, and Chad was not only compassionate but also helpful in helping us identify a path to keep the services but take advantage of some nonprofit savings plans. Thank you!
Alie has been outstanding in proactively contacting me to solve a malware problem. She has taken the time and trouble to understand the problem and taken action to resolve it. This has been a completely different experience to the lack of support I've received from Hostgator. Based on my experience with Alie, I'd recommend SiteLock to others. She deserves a huge pay raise.
Alie worked to offer me a solution and was a great communicator. My time was respected and I was able to make an educated decision on the level of protection offered. Thanks for helping me keep my website protected, I trust your company!
James was very helpful and professional. He gave me great advice, was very polite without being pushy or "salesy" and restored my faith in SiteLock as a continued option. I appreciate his service very much and would definitely recommend James as a representative who one can feel comfortable dealing with. Thank you, James!!
I chose to leave this report because Richelle was exceptional! I went to her irate, confused and with a poor attitude because I thought I was going to get a hard time with" sales people pressuring me to buy service that I don't need. I was pleasantly surprised as Richelle step by step take me through my dashboard and explain all the features and benefits of what I paying for and what I am getting and above all ensure that any follow- up connections necessary was done smoothly with no dropping of calls. She also gave me her direct number to call in the future if I have any issues. Her attitude, efficiency and genuine care over the phone makes her an asset to Sitelock and make me now a loyal customer!
Hi Dorette! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.
- 1,350,933 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Luis is pure gold to SiteLock. We are a nonprofit and I didn't think we needed the service based on the most recent report and called to cancel SiteLock. After Luis explained (and showed me) what SiteLock really does, how it works in the background, I don't ever want to be without it. Luis is pure gold to your company!!
Hi Marie! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.
These numbskulls flag Google Analytics code as malware, then will charge you to clean it up, then when you catch them on their error they won't refund. Have emails of them admitting it was a false positive and still charging me to prove.
Talking with Alie ** today about what I needed was by far the best”customer service” experience I’ve had in years of being in business and as an independent inventor. It made me sorry for canceling your service for my www.ratascopes.com site. If at all possible I’ll be back. Make sure to give her what she want to make sure that you keep her around.
I would definitely recommend this service to anyone with a website that needs protection from hackers and harmful bugs because anyone with a website should be able to have one with no worries and continue to spread their joy.
Hi Clint! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.
SiteLock is a premium website protection service. They removed Malware from my site several times and protected it from a large percentage of the automated both traffic that regularly assails all websites around the world. I highly recommend their service for website peace of mind!
Thank you Paul for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!
Lou was fast, courteous and efficient. He was polite and offered to call me back when I told him the call was costing me a lot from Australia. We resolved the issue and I am also getting a refund for over-payment this month. Hopefully moving forward we can work together for a long time.
Thank you Darryl for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
All persons I have interacted with at SiteLock have been most helpful, knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Their product seems to be very efficient in providing thorough protection and information for the user. I would definitely recommend SiteLock to any potential user.
Thanks for the great review, Gerald! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!
I spoke with Devin regarding my cancellation of service and he was very sympathetic to my situation. Even though it was my hosting to blame for my cancellation, SiteLock gave me ample consideration and released me from my service with a very reasonable term. Thanks so much!
Thanks for the great review, David! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!
I received an email saying that my SiteLock renewal couldn't be processed because there was no paying information on file. Wanting to be sure that it wasn't phishing I called SiteLock. Lou ** checked my account, realized that I used SiteLock through Just Host and contacted them while I stayed on the phone with him. It was a real email from Just Host and Lou dropped off as my renewal needed to be handled by Just Host. I appreciate that he helped me navigate this process to its successful conclusion. Thanks, Lou!
Steven ** was efficient, human (which, in my book, is important), pleasant to deal with -- quite nice, really! Please consider a pay raise, chocolates, flowers, gold stars, world peace, a pony -- whatever the fellow wants. Everything was well-sorted.
Hi Jane! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.
Very excellent service. Friendly, accurate and speedy response. Billing representative treated me with respect and was also informative. Answered all my questions about hacking and viruses. He also completed the request in a short time.
Thank you Bella for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Luis ** was the best customer representative I have ever had! He was so kind and took the time to explain everything in a manner that was easy to understand. He also was funny and made the conversation enjoyable. All the questions were answered and the issues I had were taken care of. I would like to thank Luis for all his help. I am very grateful to have had an opportunity to speak with him.
Thank you Laline for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
My experience with SiteLock has been great! They have always been available to help with any website security issues, and were a big help when my site was hacked. I would recommend Sitelock and their services to everyone who has a website!
Received an email from SiteLock that there was malware on one of our sites. I checked the site via FTP and there have been no file changes. More importantly, we are no longer on the host that SiteLock claims they were scanning us as part of our hosting package. We have not been on that hosting platform/company for YEARS. Seems like they are scamming here. In fact, the 1 star reviews here on consumeraffairs.com are from the later part of 2018. Seems this is a recent 'business practice' that SiteLock has engaged in. Very shady.
Luis was courtesy, knowledgeable of the product and when he was not sure he reach out to his support staff. I like the fact that he’s not a know-all. Also, he helped me to understand our product as well.
Hi Sheila! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.
I didn't understand what happened when my site was cancelled due to malware. Johnathan immediately told me that he was here to help and to make it as quick and as painless as possible. Then he walked me through all of my options, explained why this may have happened and really put me at ease. As an entrepreneur, you need people who understand your situation, want to help you get back up and running quickly. That's what happened for me. Thanks SiteLock for amazing customer service.
Hi Shawn! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.
I was treated quickly and efficiently. I was given the correct information that I was looking for. One of the best parts of the phone call is I spoke to four different agents. Each agent answered the phone with my name and knew exactly what the status of the call was when they picked it up. It was very refreshing.
Thanks for the great review, Carrie! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!
I emailed SiteLock regarding some issues with the amount I was paying for my plan. I got a very helpful phone call the next day from Steven who sorted out a much better price and service that suited my needs perfectly. He took the time to explain everything and answered all of my questions. Excellent service and would definitely recommend it to others.
Thanks for the great review, David! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!
I called to make sure I would NOT be billed out in February for the amount I'd paid last year of $1,000 after I later realized I'd spent the money out of fear. After James did an excellent review of the activity on my website, he proposed a workable solution for the level of service I need.
Thank you Devon for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
All customer service reps should be like Devin **. Not only was he beyond courteous, but he explained my needs in layman's terms with a price I could afford, and told me I could contact him directly via email should any issue come up. He also helped me gain access to your website so that I can monitor my account, and even gave me my first month for free! If I could give 10 stars, I would!
Hi Jen! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.
Chad was quickly able to pull the requested information from our account records and answer my questions. We have been really pleased with the service so far and have no issues or concerns. Thanks SiteLock!
Thanks for the great review, Peter! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!
The associate I spoke with was knowledgeable, easy to understand, and a joy to communicate with. The interaction was both efficient and conversational. He even checked to see if we had any security alerts, after our credit card information was updated. Very pleased!
I had a great interaction with the agent! In less than 5 minutes, he was able to solve the issue I had in an effective and professional manner by going above and beyond what I was expecting. Great experience!
Thank you Edmee for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Informed us the website was infected (it wasn't) but point blank refused to say what the issue was, while trying to sell another service to fix the "issue". Repeatedly sent reports showing issues - for a different URL, not ours. They're a con, trying to worry customers into buying more services, which presumably do not work either.
Sitelock's dashboard provides detailed data about attacks, file changes, malicious files, visitors, bot traffic and much more. I found the service to be useful and effective and easy to set up. I would use again.
Hi Anthony! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.
SiteLock questions and answers
- What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
- Over the last several years, cyber breaches have dominated news headlines. It is proven that the majority of businesses that have suffered a cyber-attack will be out of business by the following year. It’s not a matter of if it happens, but when. The problem is, most organizations are not prepared when it does. A large number of data breaches occur because a company’s website is not properly protected. Hackers find a way into websites through vulnerabilities, which allow hackers to take control of a website in many ways. These ways range from stealing customer data to shutting down your website completely. Once this happens, a company’s reputation and creditability is effectively destroyed. SiteLock is here to help prevent this from happening, and to ensure online businesses stay safe, accessible, and always making money.
- What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
- The art of effective website security lies in a comprehensive, 360˚ approach. This means protection from the inside out as well as the outside in. Other security providers out there today merely offer one small piece of the security pie, like only offering malware scanning, but not malware removal, or only offering a website firewall, but no scanning solution. SiteLock has the technology to do it all, which is daily scanning with automatic malware removal, a managed PCI-certified web application firewall with a global CDN for a blazing fast website, advanced DDoS protection and an unrivaled 24/7 phone support staff. There is no security provider on the market today that offers the breadth and depth of what SiteLock provides.
- What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- SiteLock’s comprehensive security suite provides all an organization would ever need for their website security. Organizations that may choose to employ a provider for one area of website security will likely need to find another company to address another needed area of protection. For example, one company will be needed for application scanning, yet another company is needed to provide a firewall solution. SiteLock is the only top of the line, one-stop-shop when it comes to your website security needs. And, we are here for you 24/7, when all other providers are sleeping.
- How does SiteLock measure success?
- Since SiteLock was launched in 2008, our business has grown substantially. Over the last year alone, we have seen explosive growth. To put things into perspective, in 2014, we were protecting over 1 million websites. Today, one year later, we currently protect over 5 million websites. Most importantly, we have been at the forefront of educating and assisting millions of website owners in understanding and confronting website security challenges and responsibilities.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
- One of the most common misconceptions we see is that security professionals and executives in organizations falsely believe that they are fully protected. This is not always the case, just because an organization's network infrastructure may be protected, that does not mean their website is as well. Without the proper security plan in place, a security breach stemming from a website vulnerability could cause much more damage than executives and business owners may believe. Also, many business owners think that a data breach simply will never happen to them. The sad reality is that the cyber-attack bomb is ticking, it’s just a matter of when it will go off.
- How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- The cybersecurity industry is the fastest growing industry right now. The topic of cybersecurity is quickly becoming a board of directors level issue, meaning board members are spending a considerable amount of time discussing how to properly address the problem of hacking and cybersecurity. It’s an unfortunate reality, but cyberattacks are dramatically on the rise, with absolutely no slowdown in sight.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
- We wish consumers could see for themselves just how highly advanced our security products really are. SiteLock® Infinity™ is a state of the art malware and vulnerability remediation service with highly advanced, patent-pending technology that combines the deepest website scanning available with automatic malware removal, to a degree of accuracy and frequency that is truly unrivaled in the security industry. We have an enterprise-grade web application firewall offering unlimited DDoS protection, and fully customizable plans for organizations of all sizes.
- Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
- SiteLock has received the HostingCon 2013 “Best Website Security” award as well as the 2014 Online Trust Alliance© “Online Trust Honor Roll” recognition.
- How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
- When SiteLock started in 2008, it was geared mainly towards offering website security to small businesses. Historically, website security was typically only accessible to large corporations that could handle the significant financial investment. With the growth of the online small business, SiteLock recognized the need to deliver website security technology and tools to support them. Fast-forward to 2015, SiteLock has now installed itself as a cornerstone of the small business market, having exclusive partnerships with the largest hosting providers out there, such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, HostGator, 1&1, Media Temple, Network Solutions and so many more. SiteLock has now expanded into supporting enterprise organizations with our robust, highly advanced and competitive product and pricing website security solutions.
SiteLock Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 8701 E. Hartford Dr., Suite 200
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (855) 378-6200