Learn More

4.5/5 (491 ratings)

About SiteLock

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

SiteLock Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This is the worst company I have ever done business with. They crashed our email for 2 weeks, and claimed it wasn't our fault, then eventually realized they didn't set the records correctly. Trying to cancel their bad service? Good luck. You can't do it online, they have to CALL YOU, and after 2 weeks of trying to get ahold of them, they promised me it would be cancelled, although they would not refund my money, even though we decided they fixed nothing and solely crashed our email for our business for 2 weeks.

Fast forward a year, and they BILLED ME AGAIN. I called to get it refunded, they said they had no record of my request to cancel, that I had to give 30 days to request cancellation, and that I should just call back in 11 months and try to cancel it then. Basically, "get wrecked, I don't care, and no you can't talk to a manager, I am the manager."

After ripping the sales rep a new one, berating him, his company, and what they purport to do, they all of the sudden "found a note that it was indeed supposed to be cancelled", and that they would take care of it. I still have a $300 pending charge on my card, and have little faith that they will refund it-- I intend to make a fraud claim through the bank instead. Good luck, these guys are the worst of the worst.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I by accident opened a Sitelock account from their website. So within less than an hour after registering and paying for a service with SiteLock, I requested my subscription to be cancelled and refunded. I requested this because I wanted to take the Sitelock package my hosting company advised can be done via them and would be better for managing all my site scripta and security billing from one portal. It is going 2 week now and still no call as they say they need to do to cancel my request. Even contacted their support system and Billings Department. Never available. Then you have to talk to a support consultant and always same feedback. They manually submitted the request to billing again, and nothing gets done.

If they treat their paying customers this way that still wanted to remain a customer but take a bigger package with them via their own hosting companies, then I have to worry how bad the security service support then will be???? I want my subscription cancelled and refunded. Might need to think hard if I wanted to establish a future business relationship with them to incorporate them to all 10 server I now manage. They have shown that their customers do not really matter.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I spent almost $500 on this Sitelock service that is supposed to monitor and protect from Malware, after close to two years of using it I actually needed their protection and they failed to provide it. My site was hacked and their service did not alert me of any danger or make any attempt to fix it. They refused to refund me on top of that. They make it hard to cancel, by requiring you call a special department that is only open certain hours, putting you on hold for over 20 minutes just to reach someone, then putting you on hold for another 20 minutes after you request to cancel. Stay away.

SiteLock response

In regard to the review left by Mr. P. P., SiteLock strives to resolve any disputes in a way that satisfies the customer. It is our policy to keep detailed customer records including call details, recordings, and notes on every interaction in order to ensure we deliver the highest level of service. Per the customer's request, we have canceled services and issued a refund. We consider this matter resolved. We regret any frustration the customer experienced. We are happy to continue working with the customer if needed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I have been trying to reach SiteLock for weeks now about an issue I've been having. I can't seem to speak to anyone, I have sent several emails but have never received a reply. When I use their online chat they keep saying I should fill in the online form and someone will contact me but nobody ever does. Horrible customer service!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

This company takes advantage of people, processes charges without any advanced notice, and offers no refunds, even for UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS! I am appalled that companies such as this are allowed to continue to operate. Do not give your credit card info to SiteLock.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I've been a SiteLock customer for the last two years. We were recommended to them by our hosting company, JumpLine. We had hired SiteLock because our site was maliciously hacked. We purchased their premium "site clean" service, in which a technician goes through the entire site and removes malicious code. Well, they charged us for the service, but failed to find/remove all the malicious code — consequently we got hacked again 2 months later and our email handle got black-listed by Google as a result. Eventually forcing me to change the name of the entire domain/email so that corporate servers wouldn't continue to block our email address (turns out once you get on a blacklist you never get off).

Despite all this, we kept the service for another two years, mostly out of inconvenience to cancel. SiteLock WON'T ALLOW YOU TO CANCEL on their site. You have to call their customer service, which takes an hour of wait time. We finally got fed up enough that I went through the full rigamarole of canceling (they try to fear-monger you to not cancel on the phone) which happened this month.

Following the cancellation, our site was shut down because of further incompetence on their site... their team had re-directed our DNS without our knowledge, and then when the service was cut off, never repointed back to our hosting service, causing our website to inexplicably go down. FURTHERMORE, it turns out they don't even use their own software for protection... they farm it out to a better-known web-security company called https://www.imperva.com. We discovered this when our site went down and the error messages were routed from Imperva, not SiteLock. So pretty much the worst. Almost scammable. Don't hire these guys no matter what.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I used Sitelock for more than 6 months and didn't really like the service. I decided to cancel my subscription more than 4 weeks ago so I log into my account and all you can do is submit a cancellation request and then you get a message telling you that someone from their customer service team will be in touch for security reasons. I waited and waited and nothing happened. Then, they bill me again for the next month of service!

I called their number more than 5 times and I kept getting a recorded message that they're getting too many calls and they're working from home, so it's more efficient to chat with them online or send an email to the billing department. Whenever I start a chat, the agent tells me they're from tech support and cannot transfer me to billing! I've emailed billing several times and they never answer me. It's the most retarded cancellation system I've ever experienced and a downright ripoff! I've reach the point where I'll be calling my bank to red flag Sitelock and not allow them to charge my card anymore. The worst customer experience I have ever gone through with a company. On their best day, their customer service team tells you "sorry for the inconvenience".

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased the SiteLock system, thinking it was a good option. Honestly, I regret ever making the decision. Personally, I should have gone with Sucuri. I called Sitelock to cancel my account only after a few days and was informed they do not give refunds. Please be aware of this. I should have done more research and regret ever going with Sitelock now. I've spoken with a few reps from them and every time they try to upsell me to bigger more expensive packages. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a better service provider.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

My site was hacked a while back while I was hosted by Bluehost. Bluehost referred me to Sitelock. Once you are hacked, they claim that the yearly fee needs to be hundreds of dollars for them to keep the site secure. I found a better fix and wanted to end the monthly fee since the charge was spread out for a year. They said that I’m in for a year and they kept charging my card even though I was dissatisfied with the service. I stopped the credit card payments and they pointed the site DNS to their server and effectively took down my site as what I can only construe as a form of retaliation.

SiteLock response

SiteLock strives to resolve any disputes in a way that satisfies the customer. It is our policy to keep detailed customer records including call details, recordings, and notes on every interaction in order to ensure we deliver the highest level of service. There are some discrepancies in the customers statement which we would like to clarify in this response.

First, all our customers go through a very detailed process when purchasing services. They sign a contract, which is reviewed with them by an agent, and they are also made aware of our auto-renew process. Per the terms of our contract, customers must call 30 days prior to the end of their contract in order to cancel without being charged a fee. The contract they sign also describes our cancellation policy in great detail. This customer requested to cancel before the end of the term, and it was explained that a cancellation fee would apply. The customer refused to accept the fee and services were not cancelled.

When the next monthly payment was due, the customer did not pay, which put her account in a failed billing status. When our team reached out to correct the billing error, the customer was unresponsive. We send multiple emails alerting the customer that if payment was not made, services would be automatically cancelled after 26 days. We also indicated in these communications, that if services were cancelled it could affect her website as she had an active firewall in place. In order to ensure no disruption to the website, customers must cancel through proper methods so our team can ensure DNS settings are reconfigured properly. However, the customer remained unresponsive and no payments were made. As a result, her services were automatically cancelled after 26 days, per our communication. When her account was cancelled, her website did not resolve properly as an active firewall was part of the purchased service.

SiteLock did not take the customer’s site down as a form of retaliation. As explained above, services can’t continue without payment and the potential impact to her site if services were not cancelled properly was clearly communicated. The customer’s website is currently up and operating correctly, and we consider this matter resolved. We are happy to continue working with the customer if needed.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My Site got hacked a couple weeks ago and my Hosting company suggest me to get Sitelock services. They "scanned my site" and removed the very obvious and simple problems but the most critical problems were still there. I saw the traffic to my site for almost 3 weeks go almost to zero while they keep sending me emails every day that everything was working perfect. Some of the tech support tech were very nice and keep opening tickets to rescan but the result was always the same...everything is perfect.

Others (most of them) just lost their patience with me and their politeness to the point of hanging up on my and pretending the call was disconnected to avoid the shame that they were not able to find anything and have no explanation for the red screens and problems on my site...a complete nightmare. Having your life work being destroyed by a 16 yo kid somewhere in the other part of the work is a very bad experience, but hiring a company that is supposed to be there to help you and give you the go around and give you a really really bad customer services is the WORST!!! SHAME ON YOU SITELOCK GUYS...SHAME ON YOU!!!

SiteLock response
    In regards to this complaint, SiteLock aims to always deliver exceptional service and support to its customers. As part of this practice, we keep detailed logs of all communication – this includes email, chats, and call records.
    This customer has been with SiteLock for 1 month. During this time, he has requested six manual cleans, all for a variety of reasons that were not the result of a re-infection or a new infection of the website. These manual cleans were provided at no additional charge.
    Each time the customer reached out to us, the SiteLock Support team never hesitated to respond to each request in a polite and helpful manner. They provided the customer with pertinent information about the account and answered the customers questions. In addition, Support communicated the importance of managing the site properly by making sure all software updates are resolved.

Again, it is our mission and every intention to do right by our customers and provide the highest level of service. As previously stated the continuing issues noted by the customer are non-malware issues. Our team has made every effort to provide the customer with the best service and support. Despite the discrepancies and inaccuracies within the customer's statement, customer satisfaction remains our priority. We would be happy to continue working with the customer to resolve this issue.

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
    Website security is perceived as being too expensive and too complicated for the small business (SMB) and website owners who need it most, and that very lack of security is what makes them easy targets for cybercriminals. Dedicated to protecting every website on the internet, SiteLock makes website security accessible to website owners and businesses of all sizes by offering the highest level of protection at an affordable price.
    What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
    There are three key things that set SiteLock apart from the competition. First, it’s our job to know cyberattacks. Our research and development efforts ensure that we find and fix new malware and vulnerabilities faster than anyone else. We also ensure you’re protected from the latest threats with our database of 10 million malware signatures and counting.

Second, we empower our customers. Our automated solutions work in the background so website owners can focus on running their website or business, not defending against cyberthreats. Customers always know what’s going on with the security of their sites, thanks to weekly detailed email updates and reports that alert customers to any malware and the number of threats blocked on their sites.

Third, we’re always here for our customers. Our U.S.-based support team is available 24/7/365 via phone or chat, so all issues are handled quickly before further damage is done. Putting customers first by delivering exceptional service and support is one of our core values. We take tremendous pride in ensuring customers receive the best experience possible, and you can see proof of this in the countless positive reviews SiteLock has earned.
    What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    SiteLock fills the need for easy and affordable website security. Our cloud-based products are automated and easy to install, allowing website owners to focus on what’s most important, running their business. SiteLock customers always have help when they need it because our support team is available anytime, 24/7/365. With plans and pricing to fit any budget, SiteLock customers have a website security expert on their team at a fraction of the cost.
    Are customers seeing a benefit in using your products/services to differentiate from the competition? That is, are customers finding market value in touting the use of your company’s product/ service?
    Customers find measurable value from using SiteLock solutions. For example, websites may rank better in search results if they load quickly and are malware-free. Our scanning solutions find and remove known malware, as well as decrease load times with our content delivery network (CDN). Website owners can also build trust with visitors by using the SiteLock Trust Seal, which lets visitors know the site is malware-free. Additionally, our customers are always aware of what’s going on with the security of their site. With detailed email updates and a simple customer dashboard, website owners have insight into the number of threats blocked on their sites—ensuring they always know that their SiteLock solutions are working to protect them.
    How does SiteLock measure success?
    It’s our mission to protect every site on the internet, and with 12 million websites protected so far, we’re off to a great start. Of course, making sure our customers are secure and satisfied is a sure sign of success–which is why we’re proud of the hundreds of positive reviews we’ve received.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
    SiteLock is dedicated to educating website owners about the importance of website security. There are many misconceptions about website security, but perhaps the most dangerous misconception is thinking that your website is too small to be hacked. In fact, it’s just the opposite. The lack of security on smaller sites actually makes them easy targets for cybercriminals who can launch automated attacks on insecure sites. Although it’s the large data breaches that make headlines, smaller breaches happen every day, and they can be devastating to small businesses and websites.
    How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Website security used to be complicated, expensive and difficult for small business owners to implement. Ten years ago, SiteLock was founded with a passion to offer automated, simple, and affordable security for businesses of any size. Since then we have seen website attacks increase to an average of 58 times per day and witnessed the rise of new types of attacks, like cryptojacking and malvertising. Cybercrime isn’t slowing down, and neither are we–SiteLock will continue to stay ahead of the curve.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
    SiteLock makes website security easy for our customers. We were the first to offer fully automated website security solutions that allow website owners to focus on managing their sites without worrying about cyberattacks. We are also one of the only providers to offer complete, cloud-based protection that is easy to install.

It’s also important to understand who’s actually responsible for website security, as many website owners believe they are protected through their hosting provider. In reality, web hosts only provide a secure server environment for a website. It’s the website owner’s responsibility to protect their website within that server. Think of it like an apartment complex–the web host is a landlord and the website owner is renting space from them. The landlord (web host) will protect the building and property (the server), but it is the website owner’s responsibility to lock the front door (website). By using SiteLock, customers can be confident their websites are protected against today’s ever-evolving cyber threats.
    Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
    ● 2019 SC Awards Finalist
    ○ Best SME Security Solution - SiteLock SecureSite
    ● 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
    ○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Website Security Product/Service)
    ○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti Malware Product/Service)
    ○ Finalist – SMART PLUS (Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response)
    ● 2018 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
    ○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Security Monitoring)
    ○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti-Malware, Anti-Spam or Anti-Virus)
    ○ Bronze – SiteLock (Innovative Company of the Year – Security)
    ● 2018 Fortress Cyber Security Awards
    ○ INFINITY – Threat Detection Winner (highest rating)
    ● 2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – INFINITY Finalist Anti Malware
    ○ 2017 Cloud Computing Excellence Award – INFINITY
    How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
    SiteLock is committed to continued innovation and growing our product portfolio so that we can deliver our mission to protect every site on the internet. We also boast hundreds of partners that help us reach website owners around the world. We are dedicated to staying ahead of cybercriminals, and our in-house Research team adds to our database of 10 million malware signatures every day. This drive and advancement have helped us grow from 1 million sites protected in 2013 to 12 million sites protected in 2018–and we won’t stop until every website is safe.

SiteLock Company Information