It's that easy Request Information
4.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

309 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

This is regarding the entire SiteLock Team. Thank you so much for working so quickly on resolving my website issues. Everyone that I encountered was very friendly and willing to assist, totally help to relieve the stress I was feeling with my site being hacked!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Alex was most helpful in reviewing the SiteLock dashboard for my client, hamptonfabricandblinds.com. During the review, he pointed out the large number of pages being scanned. Now aware of this, I have been able to remove sample posts and pages from the site. These served no ongoing purpose but consumed your scanning resources. He did a great job and should be congratulated.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Karina had been actively communicating her desire to assist me via voicemail communications. I'd responded that I appreciated her attentiveness and would contact her when the need arose. It did today. She was friendly, responsive, extremely knowledgeable, thorough and professional. I feel very fortunate to have her looking out for me!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Kimberly! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've spoken with 3-4 individuals from SiteLock and all have been very pleasant and informative. As a very small business tech savvy person who is retired on a fixed income, I'm unclear how SiteLock will be useful for me. I run an artist site and volunteer to host and webmaster several non-profit websites.

SiteLock response

Hi Donna, we're happy to hear you've had a positive experience! SiteLock will monitor and protect your website and visitors from malicious cyber threats. Please feel free to give us a call with any questions. We're available 24/7 to help!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Original Issue: Websites displayed a blank screen. The problem originated from, and concluded with, my web host provider, iPage, who changed its shared hosting IP address. IPage's IP change caused my websites to display a blank screen and then an internal error message. SiteLock's representative Mr. Tyrell ** diligently and politely assisted me in resolving iPage's issue, which was unbeknownst to me prior to communicating with Mr. **. Absent his excellence assistance, I would have been seemingly forced to discontinue SiteLock's security services. Mr. ** stood by me when dealing with iPage. I cannot really explain further details because, quite frankly, I just don't fully understand what occurred except for iPage's IP address change. What I can say for certain is this: Again, but for Mr. ** diligent and polite assistance, I would no longer have SiteLock as my website security provider. Thank you again, Tyrell.

SiteLock response

Hi TL, thank you for the kind words! Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Best,

The SiteLock team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have had my ups & downs with getting information from my Web Hosting company as to how to protect my website from hacking & malicious virus like malware. Your Web-hosting company may not explain to you that it is your responsibility to protect your website & you won't find that out yourself until your website is taken down & quarantined. Then you will find out it is your responsibility to protect it & Sitelock gets introduced to the picture as your line of defense to these bad people trying to make your life miserable with malware issues. If you are lucky enough to be passed along to a Customer Service person such as Ms. Richelle Eckert of Sitelock, you will get a nice & thorough introduction to Sitelock & ALL they do.

I received a very comprehensive review of the services I receive for the small monthly fee I am charged. At first I was frustrated & not very nice, but by the end of the conversation I was calm & at ease & a lot more informed. So, before you jump to conclusions about both your Web-hosting company or your Website security vendor, understand who does & doesn't do what. It will help you to get to the correct company to voice your frustration & receive corrective action. I got lucky yesterday in meeting via phone Ms. Richelle.

SiteLock response

Welcome to the SiteLock family, Craig. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we’re happy you’ve had a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have worked with the team many times. They are professional, knowledgeable, and also fast service. Not just the people, but also the tools are very good. I love the feeling of security Sitelock gives me in protecting my websites.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Alvin, for taking the time to leave a review. We've enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was most impressed by response time! I replied to a Sitelock email notification that there was malware on my site. Within a couple of minutes (might be less than 1 min) I had a Sitelock rep calling me... color me impressed! Everyone I dealt with at the company was fantastic to interact with. Courteous, personable, and exceptionally helpful.

The only (short-term) qualm I had... turned out there was no malware on my website and I had ended up purchasing Sitelock because the "you have malware" notification. Not the end of the world; after thinking it over I realized the service is something I most likely wanted anyway so I'm happy to pay for it. Just, the situation leading up to the purchase left a bad taste in my mouth (very temporarily). Anyhow, I am happy to know that if I ever need assistance your teams are quick to respond, happy to help, and easy to talk to along the way.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Abid, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Should you have any further questions about the malware notification you received, please let us know if we'd be happy to help.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I just had my review done by Alex, I was not really looking forward to sitting down and going through a lot of unknown terms, BUT, Alex just rocks! I actually sat and listened to his explanations, and learned a lot of how much the site does to protect my website. He was very informative, easy to understand, and it actually made me much more interested in checking my SiteLock dashboard and going through all the scans and feeling better about my security. Great job Alex!

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Angel. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Tyrell is very knowledgeable and was able to articulate the benefits of the smart scanner and firewall. He took the time to understand my needs and what I am looking for from SiteLock and did a much better job than previous employees I had spoken with. I was prepared not to renew my account but with his knowledge, he was able to renew me for another year.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Kevin, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My account manager, Alex is very knowledgeable and helpful. He explained my dashboard in clear, concise terms. It has been a pleasure working with all areas of The SiteLock teams. Thank you so much for all of your help and guidance.

SiteLock response

Thank you, maureen, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Karina represented the company well and took care of me extremely professionally. As I told her, I avoid to SiteLock representatives because each time I do it costs me more money. It would be nice to have a call once where I didn't have to buy an extra service. Hence the 4 stars.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Susan, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

SiteLock assisted in setting up an SSL Certificate by turning off the Firewall to enable that to happen. Then SiteLock set up a Scanner for my website. I received a call the next day to ensure that everything was working. Thanks Sitelock!

SiteLock response

Thank you,Thomas,for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Devin ** did an excellent job of analyzing my problem, discussing solutions with me, and then working with his team to solve my security issues (my domain was infected with malware). He also went out of his way to reach out to me personally, to patiently discuss the technical issues and to help me find a security package that will prevent future problems. Devin is one of the best tech support people I ever worked with.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Mike, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Tyrell ** did a great job in assisting me. He was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable about the problem I had and resolved it to my satisfaction. I recommend his work to anyone who may need the kind of assistance that he provided me.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Marvin, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Devin ** provided quick, friendly, expertise and got our site up and running in a timely fashion. He exceeded my expectations. I look forward to his ongoing support. I would recommend SiteLock to other businesses as a reliable firm and Devin as a partner with confidence.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Inese! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We receive a lot of support and dedication from the people from SiteLock; the help was always delivered with good quality and sense of rush. We start from an alert received thru the Hosting company we use (BLUEHOST). Thanks to all that have been in the process.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Luis. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Brian was great at helping me (as usual). He got right back to me about my question and went over and above to help me. The other group he reached to within SiteLock got right on it as well to ensure my website was up to date, etc.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Kari! Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Very pleasant and helpful. Allie initial phone call to me listed "Anonymous" in the caller ID. I did not answer (and most customer probably won't either) due to all the spam calls these days. I only called back after hearing her message. You need to identify yourself out of courtesy and respect for your customers.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Ed. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

When my site was hacked I called SiteLock and since then everything is going great with my website and sitelock, I couldn't be happier. Dealing with Brian ** has been a pleasure and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this service to anyone.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Ken! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Brian, Mitzi and everyone at SiteLock have been great. Things are handled easily, clearly, professional and with kindness. I recommend the service 100%. Recently, they upgraded the service and took care of handling all the details to make things done with almost no effort on my part. A GREAT service.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Lori, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We greatly appreciate the call from SiteLock where our renewal was coming up. We had an opportunity to refine our support contract to suit our needs. Sitelock is a great product, it does its job and we've never had a problem since using it. The call we received was effective. The results of the call our retention as a customer.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Scott! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Alie was very well spoken and provided excellent responses to any questions and concerns I had regarding my services. She explained services and helped me understand how to navigate the dashboard. As a customer I felt like I was in great care when speaking to Alie. She was both knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks again, Alie!

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Paolo. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We were experiencing about 10-50 Russian bot "customers" signing up on our website daily. Daily, we had to go into our website admin and delete these non-customers. We had tried all we knew to shut it down, to no avail. SiteLock managed to stop them all in a few days time.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Laura, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Whitney was exceptional in helping me out from a complicated issue when I add the SSL to the website. She was kind and eager to help and resolve the problem. It took long time but she was always ready to help and coordinated with the technical staff until the problem is resolved. She explained me the problem in detail and made a follow up call to inform me the status of the problem. I appreciate her help!

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Bong. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The representative, Byron **, was very informative and helpful. We had an issue with a compromise of our website or email services. We are still working on the issue, but it is hopefully resolved. He was extremely patient and went above and beyond in assisting me and informing me about the problem. Even gave some tips going forward about how to avoid this in the future.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Richard! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Excellent customer service. The reps are always so helpful and willing to go the extra mile to deliver the best service, customized to my business and website security. I appreciate their attention to detail and quick responses to questions and concerns.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Michelle, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Devin was incredible! Devin was friendly, very helpful and made all my security changes and needs EASY. It's been a hassle to re-brand and SiteLock has made it so convenient. Easiest company to work with out of everyone! Thank you so much! Amazing, I'm always happy with SiteLock!

SiteLock response

Thank you, Susan, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Due to the high cost (and not sure of the actual service I was actually receiving), once my one-year contract was up, had planned on canceling my SiteLock service, with the possibility of signing up just my main domain through the BlueHost online option. After being helped - tremendously - by James **, I am keeping my account with Sitelock (currently 6 domains). He explained the service, offered recommendations, answered all my questions, and extended a pricing that was extremely fair and reasonable. James is a great asset to your company!

SiteLock response

Thank you, Richard, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I had signed up for SiteLock a while back and had not been able to have this conversation where I would understand all the ins and outs of the services. Alex was wonderful explaining all the features that StieLock is doing for our website. We also updated our Service Plan to have more security. Thanks for all your help.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Heidi! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Over the last several years, cyber breaches have dominated news headlines. It is proven that the majority of businesses that have suffered a cyber-attack will be out of business by the following year. It’s not a matter of if it happens, but when. The problem is, most organizations are not prepared when it does. A large number of data breaches occur because a company’s website is not properly protected. Hackers find a way into websites through vulnerabilities, which allow hackers to take control of a website in many ways. These ways range from stealing customer data to shutting down your website completely. Once this happens, a company’s reputation and creditability is effectively destroyed. SiteLock is here to help prevent this from happening, and to ensure online businesses stay safe, accessible, and always making money.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
The art of effective website security lies in a comprehensive, 360˚ approach. This means protection from the inside out as well as the outside in. Other security providers out there today merely offer one small piece of the security pie, like only offering malware scanning, but not malware removal, or only offering a website firewall, but no scanning solution. SiteLock has the technology to do it all, which is daily scanning with automatic malware removal, a managed PCI-certified web application firewall with a global CDN for a blazing fast website, advanced DDoS protection and an unrivaled 24/7 phone support staff. There is no security provider on the market today that offers the breadth and depth of what SiteLock provides.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock’s comprehensive security suite provides all an organization would ever need for their website security. Organizations that may choose to employ a provider for one area of website security will likely need to find another company to address another needed area of protection. For example, one company will be needed for application scanning, yet another company is needed to provide a firewall solution. SiteLock is the only top of the line, one-stop-shop when it comes to your website security needs. And, we are here for you 24/7, when all other providers are sleeping.
How does SiteLock measure success?
Since SiteLock was launched in 2008, our business has grown substantially. Over the last year alone, we have seen explosive growth. To put things into perspective, in 2014, we were protecting over 1 million websites. Today, one year later, we currently protect over 5 million websites. Most importantly, we have been at the forefront of educating and assisting millions of website owners in understanding and confronting website security challenges and responsibilities.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
One of the most common misconceptions we see is that security professionals and executives in organizations falsely believe that they are fully protected. This is not always the case, just because an organization's network infrastructure may be protected, that does not mean their website is as well. Without the proper security plan in place, a security breach stemming from a website vulnerability could cause much more damage than executives and business owners may believe. Also, many business owners think that a data breach simply will never happen to them. The sad reality is that the cyber-attack bomb is ticking, it’s just a matter of when it will go off.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The cybersecurity industry is the fastest growing industry right now. The topic of cybersecurity is quickly becoming a board of directors level issue, meaning board members are spending a considerable amount of time discussing how to properly address the problem of hacking and cybersecurity. It’s an unfortunate reality, but cyberattacks are dramatically on the rise, with absolutely no slowdown in sight.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
We wish consumers could see for themselves just how highly advanced our security products really are. SiteLock® Infinity™ is a state of the art malware and vulnerability remediation service with highly advanced, patent-pending technology that combines the deepest website scanning available with automatic malware removal, to a degree of accuracy and frequency that is truly unrivaled in the security industry. We have an enterprise-grade web application firewall offering unlimited DDoS protection, and fully customizable plans for organizations of all sizes.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
SiteLock has received the HostingCon 2013 “Best Website Security” award as well as the 2014 Online Trust Alliance© “Online Trust Honor Roll” recognition.
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
When SiteLock started in 2008, it was geared mainly towards offering website security to small businesses. Historically, website security was typically only accessible to large corporations that could handle the significant financial investment. With the growth of the online small business, SiteLock recognized the need to deliver website security technology and tools to support them. Fast-forward to 2015, SiteLock has now installed itself as a cornerstone of the small business market, having exclusive partnerships with the largest hosting providers out there, such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, HostGator, 1&1, Media Temple, Network Solutions and so many more. SiteLock has now expanded into supporting enterprise organizations with our robust, highly advanced and competitive product and pricing website security solutions.

SiteLock Company Information