It's that easy Request Information
4.80/5
Based on 227 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

257 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Alex is very dedicated and knowledgeable. He helped me with all the issues with only one phone call. Next day he followed up to make sure all was fine. This is a great customer support. It's very good to know that I can contact him directly.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Ahlam, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Unhappy with the things not done/done by SiteLock, I was ready to end my association. Then after repeated attempts to contact me by Devin, he was performing a clean up of site and installation of an upgraded Firewall to protect against viruses. I'm hopeful that my site will be clean and that customers will be able to visit my site with no issues. Thanks Devin for your persistence and hard work. Fingers crossed.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Bonnie, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Very appreciative of your thorough service review. Thank you for offering advice on website security, and providing options. Your service has been exceptional, and your patience exemplary. Our thanks to you and your team for providing us with the necessary tools to move forward in a more secure manner.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Rosemary. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we’re happy you’ve had a positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Devon just now and Collin earlier this morning were wonderful in helping me understand and reducing my concern with app scan results. I was very concerned about the health and safety of my websites since we are leaving town this Friday for a trip out of the country. Very grateful.

SiteLock response

Thank you Angela for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My experience with Tyrell has been nothing less of outstanding! He has always squared me away and consistently looked out for my site(s) best interest. I really appreciate it. It doesn't matter whether I have a general question (that can be handled easily) or a complex set of challenges (like last year)... He has always treated me equally across the board. Tyrell and the entire SiteLock Team Rock!

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Wesley. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I had multiple issues and actually, ALL of the SiteLock team that I've dealt with have been wonderful, concerned, and contacted me multiple times when I was tardy in responding. I am very appreciative and glad to work with such a conscientious team! Devin is a great Acct Mgr.

SiteLock response

Hi Roxanne! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

James ** was extremely professional and supportive. He helped me to resolve my billing issue. Plus, he demonstrated good follow-through to make sure my websites were secure. You're lucky to have him on board. I called twice before and he was the one who was finally able to take care of my issue.

SiteLock response

Thank you Kathleen for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Great help, I was taken care of efficiently and swiftly. I have high confidence in the phone and email exchange that just occurred. I am very pleased with your service and phone attitude. Thank you!! Our conversation was polite, professional and courteous. Devon was patient with my dial up service and slow responses from my end! Great person to talk and work with!!

SiteLock response

Thank you David, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Chad is always calming when I don't understand anything, explains things brilliantly and I go away feeling safe and in good hands. I'm really happy with SiteLock as I feel they know what they're talking about and their customer service is great.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Anna! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Devin was courteous, knowledgeable, and responsive with the assistance that he gave to me. It was easy to renew our SiteLock service over the phone and I would certainly do business with Devin again. I gave SiteLock and their representative a five-star rating and I would most certainly recommend to a friend.

SiteLock response

Thank you Renee for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I've worked with Devin multiple times now. I actually reached out to him specifically for this problem because he's been so helpful in the past. He's consistently given me the best customer service I've gotten for anything web-related and he is excellent at explaining things in laymen's terms, not to mention very patient and kind. 10/10, hope I don't get any more problems but I would definitely work with Devin again!

SiteLock response

Thank you Michelle for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I was planning to discontinue my service entirely, but Tyrell looked at my website and suggested a different plan and price point that worked for me. Now, I have more time to figure out the best way to go forward.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Wendy! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

ELizabeth was very helpful... and patient with me. She explained the important things that I need to know and was able to give our Church Account an affordable security system that our small congregation can somehow afford. Thank You so much!

SiteLock response

Thank you Annette for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Scott provided a review of the dashboard. He identified the requirement to upgrade to Infinity based on reaching the scanning limits of the urls of the current plan as well as other benefits of Infinity. Also he explained the option of removing access to countries other than Canada and the US to reduce bad Bots. He was knowledgeable, professional and had a pleasant approach which was appreciated.

SiteLock response

Thank you Mary Kathryn for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Always professional and friendly. Dedicated to assisting with any problem. Very supportive. Fixed issue(s) quickly and efficiently. Would certainly continue to recommend to others for service. Last experience with Chad ** proved to be helpful and didn't take a lot of time to rectify a billing issue. Very little wait time when calling company for help.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Essy. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I recently had a new account set up with several domains as they had been infected with malware. They cleaned all the sites and shortly thereafter I needed to remove one from the account. I had no problems canceling that account and they even refunded me which was a unexpected surprise!

SiteLock response

Thank you MaryLynn for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: July 26, 2018

The lady in which responded was courteous polite and very helpful. Accuracy and knowledge was very high. It was a pleasurable call. Thank you. Would I do business again and if there was any problem that needed to be resolved I would be happy to do this one hundred percent.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review,Stephen! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 26, 2018

I contacted SiteLock to make sure my websites are secure, especially after the GDPR changes. Around May 25th I added a Firewall to 2 websites and then BlueHost added SSL certificates to some of those sites. Since then, I have been on the phone numerous times with Sitelock and with Blue Host because there were problems with the CDN and mixed messages on my web site, some in http:// and some in https://. Nobody informed me in advance that these issues could happen. And I thought it was all handled a few weeks ago. But today I received a call from Denise telling me my site had problems and I should add a Firewall - but I already had a Firewall on that site.

I love Sitelock for the security they provide but I have experienced a lot of frustration each time I add a new security feature to a web site. That has happened in the past. The person I spoke to today, Alie, was helpful with sorting out what services I actually have on Sitelock and fixing an error. Rick, who I spoke to earlier, helped by pointing out all the mixed messages on my main web site - issues that could have been fixed in May when I first had the Firewall added.

Hello Erica

"Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your experience with SiteLock. We are sorry to hear you haven't had the best experience. We would love to speak to you further to help resolve the issue and improve our internal policies and communications. At SiteLock we strive to deliver exceptional customer service and attempt to resolve customers concerns in a way that satisfies the customer. We are grateful for your feedback and bringing your concern to our attention. We appreciate your business and will be more than happy to further assist you in the future. Our security engineers are here 24/7/365. You can reach us at 855-378-6200, or via chat, or by email at support@sitelock.com.

Stay Secure!

Sincerely,

The SiteLock Customer Experience Team

Original review: July 24, 2018

We've been customers for quite a while, but spoke today with an account rep (Karina) who called to check in, make sure there were no changes, and go over my sites to ensure all was working well. Much appreciated - not only to touch base about any potential changes to the account, but also to make sure we know there is always a point of contact.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Laura, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: July 23, 2018

It was easy to get to the root of my problem since the rep took the time to research it and then understood how to explain it. Then I was able to get it fixed on my end. Plus the support line took me easily to a person!

SiteLock response

Hi Mary Ellen! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 21, 2018

Do you like companies who try to scare you into returning their phone calls or to subscribing to their services? I subscribed to HostGator to create a personal website. I immediately started getting calls on my cell phone every day while at work so I could not answer them. They were from Sitelock and the messages varied from website security to an alert on my website. Since my website is not set up yet, I knew the caller was trying to deceive me into thinking that something was wrong with it. Deceitful business practices really tick me off!

I will not be using my website for e-commerce or secure transactions so I don’t care about security and did not initiate any inquiry with this company. I didn’t give this company permission to call me and they must have gotten my phone number from HostGator. HostGator claims they do not share your personal information so how is it that these people got my phone number? I haven’t returned any of their calls so it should be obvious that I am not interested. Stop harassing me! I canceled my hosting service and will go elsewhere with a company that does not use Sitelock.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We’ve been with SiteLock for over a year and are very pleased with the services. We receive daily reports of what is going on with our website. If anything looks suspicious, we immediately receive a call checking if we are working on the website and they take care of what’s needed to be done. We have peace of mind knowing someone is watching out for us. They make it personal too through the reps who are very pleasant to deal with.

SiteLock response

Hi Andreea! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: July 18, 2018

James was awesome. He walked me thru everything that SiteLock was offering our company and also worked on some issues that I was having with my dashboard. He took the time to explain to me all the stuff on the dashboard in plain terms and never once try to speak over my head. He is awesome.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Sam, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Karina was great! She rescheduled my call for the exact time that was convenient for me. Updated me on our dashboard and also got me with a server configuration specialist to fix our issues. I am very pleased with my service today!

SiteLock response

Thank you Danielle for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Colleague received error message from SiteLock. I came in at step zero, as we have no dedicated person in charge of maintenance of our website. James got me through a login and walked me through the dashboard, explaining in lay terms what each component met. I found him to be thorough, patient and very helpful.

SiteLock response

Thank you Gail for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The cost is the SiteLock service/program that I had was too much for me to maintain. With some assistance, Whitney helped me find a service that was affordable for me. Thank you! I really appreciate all her help and patience.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Michelle. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I am so impressed and grateful with the service I receive from SiteLock. My account manager, Steven, explained the whole process to me in detail and addressed my unique personal needs. I felt like I was really dealing with someone who cared about me and my website. Thank you sitelock for making confusing technology be a better experience! And for protecting my website.

SiteLock response

Thank you Celeste for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The security review was very helpful and thorough. James walked me through each of the scans step by step and explained their functions to ensure I understood. He asked me if I had any questions as we went along and made sure I understood each issue before moving on.

SiteLock response

Hi Stephanie! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The support team at SiteLock was very helpful. I asked about what our package consists of and what it would mean for our company's website in practical and simple terms. I also requested for assistance with our new website. They were thorough and very clear in their explanation. They also took care of issues immediately. It was great customer service!

SiteLock response

Thank you Angela for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

No response received
Original review: July 11, 2018

My business website was hacked and I hired SiteLock to fix it. They did so and it stayed fixed for 3 months. Then it was attacked again and they cleaned it. After that I began looking around for other solutions. I found several that were reputable and cheaper and more permanent. I called to cancel my service with SiteLock and was told they would only cancel if I paid an early termination penalty of 1/2 the total contract - 6 months at $50.00 a month, I have 2 months left on the contract ($100) and they wanted to charge me $250 to cancel. They would not work with me, so I am writing this review to warn other website owners of their policy. They did nothing wrong, I signed the agreement, not thinking about the need to possibly cancel it in the future. They were professional and courteous. I just don't like working with companies who won't work with you.

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Over the last several years, cyber breaches have dominated news headlines. It is proven that the majority of businesses that have suffered a cyber-attack will be out of business by the following year. It’s not a matter of if it happens, but when. The problem is, most organizations are not prepared when it does. A large number of data breaches occur because a company’s website is not properly protected. Hackers find a way into websites through vulnerabilities, which allow hackers to take control of a website in many ways. These ways range from stealing customer data to shutting down your website completely. Once this happens, a company’s reputation and creditability is effectively destroyed. SiteLock is here to help prevent this from happening, and to ensure online businesses stay safe, accessible, and always making money.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
The art of effective website security lies in a comprehensive, 360˚ approach. This means protection from the inside out as well as the outside in. Other security providers out there today merely offer one small piece of the security pie, like only offering malware scanning, but not malware removal, or only offering a website firewall, but no scanning solution. SiteLock has the technology to do it all, which is daily scanning with automatic malware removal, a managed PCI-certified web application firewall with a global CDN for a blazing fast website, advanced DDoS protection and an unrivaled 24/7 phone support staff. There is no security provider on the market today that offers the breadth and depth of what SiteLock provides.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock’s comprehensive security suite provides all an organization would ever need for their website security. Organizations that may choose to employ a provider for one area of website security will likely need to find another company to address another needed area of protection. For example, one company will be needed for application scanning, yet another company is needed to provide a firewall solution. SiteLock is the only top of the line, one-stop-shop when it comes to your website security needs. And, we are here for you 24/7, when all other providers are sleeping.
How does SiteLock measure success?
Since SiteLock was launched in 2008, our business has grown substantially. Over the last year alone, we have seen explosive growth. To put things into perspective, in 2014, we were protecting over 1 million websites. Today, one year later, we currently protect over 5 million websites. Most importantly, we have been at the forefront of educating and assisting millions of website owners in understanding and confronting website security challenges and responsibilities.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
One of the most common misconceptions we see is that security professionals and executives in organizations falsely believe that they are fully protected. This is not always the case, just because an organization's network infrastructure may be protected, that does not mean their website is as well. Without the proper security plan in place, a security breach stemming from a website vulnerability could cause much more damage than executives and business owners may believe. Also, many business owners think that a data breach simply will never happen to them. The sad reality is that the cyber-attack bomb is ticking, it’s just a matter of when it will go off.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The cybersecurity industry is the fastest growing industry right now. The topic of cybersecurity is quickly becoming a board of directors level issue, meaning board members are spending a considerable amount of time discussing how to properly address the problem of hacking and cybersecurity. It’s an unfortunate reality, but cyberattacks are dramatically on the rise, with absolutely no slowdown in sight.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
We wish consumers could see for themselves just how highly advanced our security products really are. SiteLock® Infinity™ is a state of the art malware and vulnerability remediation service with highly advanced, patent-pending technology that combines the deepest website scanning available with automatic malware removal, to a degree of accuracy and frequency that is truly unrivaled in the security industry. We have an enterprise-grade web application firewall offering unlimited DDoS protection, and fully customizable plans for organizations of all sizes.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
SiteLock has received the HostingCon 2013 “Best Website Security” award as well as the 2014 Online Trust Alliance© “Online Trust Honor Roll” recognition.
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
When SiteLock started in 2008, it was geared mainly towards offering website security to small businesses. Historically, website security was typically only accessible to large corporations that could handle the significant financial investment. With the growth of the online small business, SiteLock recognized the need to deliver website security technology and tools to support them. Fast-forward to 2015, SiteLock has now installed itself as a cornerstone of the small business market, having exclusive partnerships with the largest hosting providers out there, such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, HostGator, 1&1, Media Temple, Network Solutions and so many more. SiteLock has now expanded into supporting enterprise organizations with our robust, highly advanced and competitive product and pricing website security solutions.

SiteLock Company Information

2008
8701 E. Hartford Dr., Suite 200
Scottsdale
AZ
www.sitelock.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business