It's that easy Request Information
4.81/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

466 SiteLock Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 24, 2019

Samantha ** was a bit rushing in the beginning, I believe because the kind of environment you guys have there, very rushy but at all time she was able to help me with my questions and problems, I was the 3rd attendant which I contacted and she was the only one being able to give me the right support and finally, take a big weight out of my back. I am very impressed with her support, with the time, talking with her, she became more relaxed and her voice sounded more peaceful which help me tremendously on understanding everything in the right way, which so far before was being quite hard with the other attendants.

This woman was very kind and helpful. I wanted to quit the services and I was very upset, and she was able to agree with me in a deal which is making me considering keep the contract for further year. I was really blessed to have her support and now more than ever, I am happy with site, SiteLock and their deal. 5 stars to Samantha! She is truly a professional. Very well done Sam! And thank you!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Manual! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I just wanted to take a moment to express my extreme gratitude and deep appreciation for the professionalism, kindness, and willingness to help me when I spoke to James most recently. He was extremely helpful and understanding of my difficulties as of late, and he went well above and beyond the extra mile to help me and truly exceeded even my wildest expectations. I think he is truly a stand up person and really deserves all the credit and accolades in the world. Words cannot even begin to express how much I appreciate what he did for me. I also own a small business and I can personally say I wish I had my own staff like him that were even half as cool and smart and willing to help as he is. I would give you a Googol stars if I could and I truly truly mean that.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Jason! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Original Issue: Websites displayed a blank screen. The problem originated from, and concluded with, my web host provider, iPage, who changed its shared hosting IP address. IPage's IP change caused my websites to display a blank screen and then an internal error message. SiteLock's representative Mr. Tyrell ** diligently and politely assisted me in resolving iPage's issue, which was unbeknownst to me prior to communicating with Mr. **. Absent his excellence assistance, I would have been seemingly forced to discontinue SiteLock's security services. Mr. ** stood by me when dealing with iPage. I cannot really explain further details because, quite frankly, I just don't fully understand what occurred except for iPage's IP address change. What I can say for certain is this: Again, but for Mr. ** diligent and polite assistance, I would no longer have SiteLock as my website security provider. Thank you again, Tyrell.

SiteLock response

Hi TL, thank you for the kind words! Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Best,

The SiteLock team

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have had my ups & downs with getting information from my Web Hosting company as to how to protect my website from hacking & malicious virus like malware. Your Web-hosting company may not explain to you that it is your responsibility to protect your website & you won't find that out yourself until your website is taken down & quarantined. Then you will find out it is your responsibility to protect it & Sitelock gets introduced to the picture as your line of defense to these bad people trying to make your life miserable with malware issues. If you are lucky enough to be passed along to a Customer Service person such as Ms. Richelle Eckert of Sitelock, you will get a nice & thorough introduction to Sitelock & ALL they do.

I received a very comprehensive review of the services I receive for the small monthly fee I am charged. At first I was frustrated & not very nice, but by the end of the conversation I was calm & at ease & a lot more informed. So, before you jump to conclusions about both your Web-hosting company or your Website security vendor, understand who does & doesn't do what. It will help you to get to the correct company to voice your frustration & receive corrective action. I got lucky yesterday in meeting via phone Ms. Richelle.

SiteLock response

Welcome to the SiteLock family, Craig. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we’re happy you’ve had a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was most impressed by response time! I replied to a Sitelock email notification that there was malware on my site. Within a couple of minutes (might be less than 1 min) I had a Sitelock rep calling me... color me impressed! Everyone I dealt with at the company was fantastic to interact with. Courteous, personable, and exceptionally helpful.

The only (short-term) qualm I had... turned out there was no malware on my website and I had ended up purchasing Sitelock because the "you have malware" notification. Not the end of the world; after thinking it over I realized the service is something I most likely wanted anyway so I'm happy to pay for it. Just, the situation leading up to the purchase left a bad taste in my mouth (very temporarily). Anyhow, I am happy to know that if I ever need assistance your teams are quick to respond, happy to help, and easy to talk to along the way.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Abid, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Should you have any further questions about the malware notification you received, please let us know if we'd be happy to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: July 22, 2019

Lou provided me with OUTSTANDING customer service. He followed up on our call Friday and helped me with an issue related to my site. He exceeded my expectations. He's an asset to your company!

Original review: July 20, 2019

Luis ** is a very valuable asset to your business. He demonstrates the willingness to go the extra mile. He is like a breath of fresh air. My wife and I enjoyed talking to him. Tell him we said, "stay cool?" Ronald and Shireen

Original review: July 19, 2019

Thought I was calling to make a quick fix and discovered my newly remodeled site isn't compatible with SiteLock. Bummer. That said, Danielle & Thomas kindly refunded me though the renewal had happened a few days ago. Great customer service.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Luis was more than helpful answering any and all questions I had regarding the website protection I purchased.. He walked me through my dashboard and explained all the settings, how I can get help if need be and left me his email if I had any further questions.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Danielle and Gilbert were extremely helpful. Thank you!!! I feel that I am in capable hands and that I have made the right decision by choosing SiteLock. I was rather nervous about having to deal with site security, but now I don't have to worry. Dr. Robert

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Website security is perceived as being too expensive and too complicated for the small business (SMB) and website owners who need it most, and that very lack of security is what makes them easy targets for cybercriminals. Dedicated to protecting every website on the internet, SiteLock makes website security accessible to website owners and businesses of all sizes by offering the highest level of protection at an affordable price.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
There are three key things that set SiteLock apart from the competition. First, it’s our job to know cyberattacks. Our research and development efforts ensure that we find and fix new malware and vulnerabilities faster than anyone else. We also ensure you’re protected from the latest threats with our database of 10 million malware signatures and counting.

Second, we empower our customers. Our automated solutions work in the background so website owners can focus on running their website or business, not defending against cyberthreats. Customers always know what’s going on with the security of their sites, thanks to weekly detailed email updates and reports that alert customers to any malware and the number of threats blocked on their sites.

Third, we’re always here for our customers. Our U.S.-based support team is available 24/7/365 via phone or chat, so all issues are handled quickly before further damage is done. Putting customers first by delivering exceptional service and support is one of our core values. We take tremendous pride in ensuring customers receive the best experience possible, and you can see proof of this in the countless positive reviews SiteLock has earned.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock fills the need for easy and affordable website security. Our cloud-based products are automated and easy to install, allowing website owners to focus on what’s most important, running their business. SiteLock customers always have help when they need it because our support team is available anytime, 24/7/365. With plans and pricing to fit any budget, SiteLock customers have a website security expert on their team at a fraction of the cost.
Are customers seeing a benefit in using your products/services to differentiate from the competition? That is, are customers finding market value in touting the use of your company’s product/ service?
Customers find measurable value from using SiteLock solutions. For example, websites may rank better in search results if they load quickly and are malware-free. Our scanning solutions find and remove known malware, as well as decrease load times with our content delivery network (CDN). Website owners can also build trust with visitors by using the SiteLock Trust Seal, which lets visitors know the site is malware-free. Additionally, our customers are always aware of what’s going on with the security of their site. With detailed email updates and a simple customer dashboard, website owners have insight into the number of threats blocked on their sites—ensuring they always know that their SiteLock solutions are working to protect them.
How does SiteLock measure success?
It’s our mission to protect every site on the internet, and with 12 million websites protected so far, we’re off to a great start. Of course, making sure our customers are secure and satisfied is a sure sign of success–which is why we’re proud of the hundreds of positive reviews we’ve received.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
SiteLock is dedicated to educating website owners about the importance of website security. There are many misconceptions about website security, but perhaps the most dangerous misconception is thinking that your website is too small to be hacked. In fact, it’s just the opposite. The lack of security on smaller sites actually makes them easy targets for cybercriminals who can launch automated attacks on insecure sites. Although it’s the large data breaches that make headlines, smaller breaches happen every day, and they can be devastating to small businesses and websites.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Website security used to be complicated, expensive and difficult for small business owners to implement. Ten years ago, SiteLock was founded with a passion to offer automated, simple, and affordable security for businesses of any size. Since then we have seen website attacks increase to an average of 58 times per day and witnessed the rise of new types of attacks, like cryptojacking and malvertising. Cybercrime isn’t slowing down, and neither are we–SiteLock will continue to stay ahead of the curve.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
SiteLock makes website security easy for our customers. We were the first to offer fully automated website security solutions that allow website owners to focus on managing their sites without worrying about cyberattacks. We are also one of the only providers to offer complete, cloud-based protection that is easy to install.

It’s also important to understand who’s actually responsible for website security, as many website owners believe they are protected through their hosting provider. In reality, web hosts only provide a secure server environment for a website. It’s the website owner’s responsibility to protect their website within that server. Think of it like an apartment complex–the web host is a landlord and the website owner is renting space from them. The landlord (web host) will protect the building and property (the server), but it is the website owner’s responsibility to lock the front door (website). By using SiteLock, customers can be confident their websites are protected against today’s ever-evolving cyber threats.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
● 2019 SC Awards Finalist
○ Best SME Security Solution - SiteLock SecureSite
● 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Website Security Product/Service)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti Malware Product/Service)
○ Finalist – SMART PLUS (Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response)
● 2018 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Security Monitoring)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti-Malware, Anti-Spam or Anti-Virus)
○ Bronze – SiteLock (Innovative Company of the Year – Security)
● 2018 Fortress Cyber Security Awards
○ INFINITY – Threat Detection Winner (highest rating)
● 2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – INFINITY Finalist Anti Malware
○ 2017 Cloud Computing Excellence Award – INFINITY
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
SiteLock is committed to continued innovation and growing our product portfolio so that we can deliver our mission to protect every site on the internet. We also boast hundreds of partners that help us reach website owners around the world. We are dedicated to staying ahead of cybercriminals, and our in-house Research team adds to our database of 10 million malware signatures every day. This drive and advancement have helped us grow from 1 million sites protected in 2013 to 12 million sites protected in 2018–and we won’t stop until every website is safe.

SiteLock Company Information