Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.37/5

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

View More View More

SiteLock Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Sitelock was excellent except for one problem. As required by SL, I rang to inform them 30 days in advance of my need to cancel my contact’s automatic renewal. I specified very clearly several times with the rep that I did not want it terminated until its expiry date but that I was merely following SL’s protocol. He confirmed this would be the case. Nevertheless, my contract was terminated the same day and my firewall removed. When I rang and complained, my firewall was eventually restored but not the True Shield coverage I was still paying for. Rather I had been put on the cheapest SMART plan without a firewall. Only after sending a copy of my contract was my service restored. This was a disappointing end to an otherwise excellent service.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Called to look for additional options to securing my non-profit blog. And when I say "non-profit" I mean that both legally and real sense. Lou helped me find a service that I could afford and provided comprehensive security within what I needed. In looking at my site, they also discovered some inconsistencies with the hosting company. The rep called the host company with me online and talked through the problem, resolving not only my security issues, but the other issues with my site. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Samantha was very accommodating and efficient. For almost 20 years our company has provided phone support to our clients, many whose trepidation with technology is assuaged by the personal contact they are able to receive from us. It is because of this that we also, very much appreciate competent and pleasant phone service from our vendors, such as Sitelock. There are times when email, or opening a ticket isn't really the best course of action. Thank you.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Samantha ** was a bit rushing in the beginning, I believe because the kind of environment you guys have there, very rushy but at all time she was able to help me with my questions and problems, I was the 3rd attendant which I contacted and she was the only one being able to give me the right support and finally, take a big weight out of my back. I am very impressed with her support, with the time, talking with her, she became more relaxed and her voice sounded more peaceful which help me tremendously on understanding everything in the right way, which so far before was being quite hard with the other attendants.

This woman was very kind and helpful. I wanted to quit the services and I was very upset, and she was able to agree with me in a deal which is making me considering keep the contract for further year. I was really blessed to have her support and now more than ever, I am happy with site, SiteLock and their deal. 5 stars to Samantha! She is truly a professional. Very well done Sam! And thank you!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Manual! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: April 13, 2019

The customer care I received from Crystol at Site Lock is the most extraordinary experience I have had with anyone in any company. I can’t say enough about her understanding, her patience, her professionalism, and her intelligence. I am so grateful for the way in which she helped me. That someone like Crystol works for Site Lock attests to the excellence of the company. I have already told fifty people about my experience with Crystol, and cannot brag enough about her and Site Lock.

SiteLock response

Hi Betty! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased the SiteLock system, thinking it was a good option. Honestly, I regret ever making the decision. Personally, I should have gone with Sucuri. I called Sitelock to cancel my account only after a few days and was informed they do not give refunds. Please be aware of this. I should have done more research and regret ever going with Sitelock now. I've spoken with a few reps from them and every time they try to upsell me to bigger more expensive packages. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a better service provider.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

My site was hacked a while back while I was hosted by Bluehost. Bluehost referred me to Sitelock. Once you are hacked, they claim that the yearly fee needs to be hundreds of dollars for them to keep the site secure. I found a better fix and wanted to end the monthly fee since the charge was spread out for a year. They said that I’m in for a year and they kept charging my card even though I was dissatisfied with the service. I stopped the credit card payments and they pointed the site DNS to their server and effectively took down my site as what I can only construe as a form of retaliation.

SiteLock response

SiteLock strives to resolve any disputes in a way that satisfies the customer. It is our policy to keep detailed customer records including call details, recordings, and notes on every interaction in order to ensure we deliver the highest level of service. There are some discrepancies in the customers statement which we would like to clarify in this response.

First, all our customers go through a very detailed process when purchasing services. They sign a contract, which is reviewed with them by an agent, and they are also made aware of our auto-renew process. Per the terms of our contract, customers must call 30 days prior to the end of their contract in order to cancel without being charged a fee. The contract they sign also describes our cancellation policy in great detail. This customer requested to cancel before the end of the term, and it was explained that a cancellation fee would apply. The customer refused to accept the fee and services were not cancelled.

When the next monthly payment was due, the customer did not pay, which put her account in a failed billing status. When our team reached out to correct the billing error, the customer was unresponsive. We send multiple emails alerting the customer that if payment was not made, services would be automatically cancelled after 26 days. We also indicated in these communications, that if services were cancelled it could affect her website as she had an active firewall in place. In order to ensure no disruption to the website, customers must cancel through proper methods so our team can ensure DNS settings are reconfigured properly. However, the customer remained unresponsive and no payments were made. As a result, her services were automatically cancelled after 26 days, per our communication. When her account was cancelled, her website did not resolve properly as an active firewall was part of the purchased service.

SiteLock did not take the customer’s site down as a form of retaliation. As explained above, services can’t continue without payment and the potential impact to her site if services were not cancelled properly was clearly communicated. The customer’s website is currently up and operating correctly, and we consider this matter resolved. We are happy to continue working with the customer if needed.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My Site got hacked a couple weeks ago and my Hosting company suggest me to get Sitelock services. They "scanned my site" and removed the very obvious and simple problems but the most critical problems were still there. I saw the traffic to my site for almost 3 weeks go almost to zero while they keep sending me emails every day that everything was working perfect. Some of the tech support tech were very nice and keep opening tickets to rescan but the result was always the same...everything is perfect.

Others (most of them) just lost their patience with me and their politeness to the point of hanging up on my and pretending the call was disconnected to avoid the shame that they were not able to find anything and have no explanation for the red screens and problems on my site...a complete nightmare. Having your life work being destroyed by a 16 yo kid somewhere in the other part of the work is a very bad experience, but hiring a company that is supposed to be there to help you and give you the go around and give you a really really bad customer services is the WORST!!! SHAME ON YOU SITELOCK GUYS...SHAME ON YOU!!!

SiteLock response
    In regards to this complaint, SiteLock aims to always deliver exceptional service and support to its customers. As part of this practice, we keep detailed logs of all communication – this includes email, chats, and call records.
    This customer has been with SiteLock for 1 month. During this time, he has requested six manual cleans, all for a variety of reasons that were not the result of a re-infection or a new infection of the website. These manual cleans were provided at no additional charge.
    Each time the customer reached out to us, the SiteLock Support team never hesitated to respond to each request in a polite and helpful manner. They provided the customer with pertinent information about the account and answered the customers questions. In addition, Support communicated the importance of managing the site properly by making sure all software updates are resolved.

Again, it is our mission and every intention to do right by our customers and provide the highest level of service. As previously stated the continuing issues noted by the customer are non-malware issues. Our team has made every effort to provide the customer with the best service and support. Despite the discrepancies and inaccuracies within the customer's statement, customer satisfaction remains our priority. We would be happy to continue working with the customer to resolve this issue.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Ms. ** was so helpful in assisting me with 3 accounts that I have with Sitelock. She was patient as I explained all the issues about each account. She professionally took care of all the issues and addressed the concerns. We gave to a wonderful agreement. I truly appreciate her great customer service. Please keep her!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Reviewed options for new subscription and new billing. We selected a new subscription. Representative was helpful. No other issues were reviewed. Thank you for your help. Hopefully all will work out with the new subscription. No other comments available at this time.

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
    Website security is perceived as being too expensive and too complicated for the small business (SMB) and website owners who need it most, and that very lack of security is what makes them easy targets for cybercriminals. Dedicated to protecting every website on the internet, SiteLock makes website security accessible to website owners and businesses of all sizes by offering the highest level of protection at an affordable price.
    What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
    There are three key things that set SiteLock apart from the competition. First, it’s our job to know cyberattacks. Our research and development efforts ensure that we find and fix new malware and vulnerabilities faster than anyone else. We also ensure you’re protected from the latest threats with our database of 10 million malware signatures and counting.

Second, we empower our customers. Our automated solutions work in the background so website owners can focus on running their website or business, not defending against cyberthreats. Customers always know what’s going on with the security of their sites, thanks to weekly detailed email updates and reports that alert customers to any malware and the number of threats blocked on their sites.

Third, we’re always here for our customers. Our U.S.-based support team is available 24/7/365 via phone or chat, so all issues are handled quickly before further damage is done. Putting customers first by delivering exceptional service and support is one of our core values. We take tremendous pride in ensuring customers receive the best experience possible, and you can see proof of this in the countless positive reviews SiteLock has earned.
    What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    SiteLock fills the need for easy and affordable website security. Our cloud-based products are automated and easy to install, allowing website owners to focus on what’s most important, running their business. SiteLock customers always have help when they need it because our support team is available anytime, 24/7/365. With plans and pricing to fit any budget, SiteLock customers have a website security expert on their team at a fraction of the cost.
    Are customers seeing a benefit in using your products/services to differentiate from the competition? That is, are customers finding market value in touting the use of your company’s product/ service?
    Customers find measurable value from using SiteLock solutions. For example, websites may rank better in search results if they load quickly and are malware-free. Our scanning solutions find and remove known malware, as well as decrease load times with our content delivery network (CDN). Website owners can also build trust with visitors by using the SiteLock Trust Seal, which lets visitors know the site is malware-free. Additionally, our customers are always aware of what’s going on with the security of their site. With detailed email updates and a simple customer dashboard, website owners have insight into the number of threats blocked on their sites—ensuring they always know that their SiteLock solutions are working to protect them.
    How does SiteLock measure success?
    It’s our mission to protect every site on the internet, and with 12 million websites protected so far, we’re off to a great start. Of course, making sure our customers are secure and satisfied is a sure sign of success–which is why we’re proud of the hundreds of positive reviews we’ve received.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
    SiteLock is dedicated to educating website owners about the importance of website security. There are many misconceptions about website security, but perhaps the most dangerous misconception is thinking that your website is too small to be hacked. In fact, it’s just the opposite. The lack of security on smaller sites actually makes them easy targets for cybercriminals who can launch automated attacks on insecure sites. Although it’s the large data breaches that make headlines, smaller breaches happen every day, and they can be devastating to small businesses and websites.
    How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Website security used to be complicated, expensive and difficult for small business owners to implement. Ten years ago, SiteLock was founded with a passion to offer automated, simple, and affordable security for businesses of any size. Since then we have seen website attacks increase to an average of 58 times per day and witnessed the rise of new types of attacks, like cryptojacking and malvertising. Cybercrime isn’t slowing down, and neither are we–SiteLock will continue to stay ahead of the curve.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
    SiteLock makes website security easy for our customers. We were the first to offer fully automated website security solutions that allow website owners to focus on managing their sites without worrying about cyberattacks. We are also one of the only providers to offer complete, cloud-based protection that is easy to install.

It’s also important to understand who’s actually responsible for website security, as many website owners believe they are protected through their hosting provider. In reality, web hosts only provide a secure server environment for a website. It’s the website owner’s responsibility to protect their website within that server. Think of it like an apartment complex–the web host is a landlord and the website owner is renting space from them. The landlord (web host) will protect the building and property (the server), but it is the website owner’s responsibility to lock the front door (website). By using SiteLock, customers can be confident their websites are protected against today’s ever-evolving cyber threats.
    Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
    ● 2019 SC Awards Finalist
    ○ Best SME Security Solution - SiteLock SecureSite
    ● 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
    ○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Website Security Product/Service)
    ○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti Malware Product/Service)
    ○ Finalist – SMART PLUS (Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response)
    ● 2018 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
    ○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Security Monitoring)
    ○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti-Malware, Anti-Spam or Anti-Virus)
    ○ Bronze – SiteLock (Innovative Company of the Year – Security)
    ● 2018 Fortress Cyber Security Awards
    ○ INFINITY – Threat Detection Winner (highest rating)
    ● 2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – INFINITY Finalist Anti Malware
    ○ 2017 Cloud Computing Excellence Award – INFINITY
    How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
    SiteLock is committed to continued innovation and growing our product portfolio so that we can deliver our mission to protect every site on the internet. We also boast hundreds of partners that help us reach website owners around the world. We are dedicated to staying ahead of cybercriminals, and our in-house Research team adds to our database of 10 million malware signatures every day. This drive and advancement have helped us grow from 1 million sites protected in 2013 to 12 million sites protected in 2018–and we won’t stop until every website is safe.

SiteLock Company Information