It's that easy Request Information
4.81/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

347 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I called to make sure I would NOT be billed out in February for the amount I'd paid last year of $1,000 after I later realized I'd spent the money out of fear. After James did an excellent review of the activity on my website, he proposed a workable solution for the level of service I need.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

All customer service reps should be like Devin **. Not only was he beyond courteous, but he explained my needs in layman's terms with a price I could afford, and told me I could contact him directly via email should any issue come up. He also helped me gain access to your website so that I can monitor my account, and even gave me my first month for free! If I could give 10 stars, I would!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Chad was quickly able to pull the requested information from our account records and answer my questions. We have been really pleased with the service so far and have no issues or concerns. Thanks SiteLock!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The associate I spoke with was knowledgeable, easy to understand, and a joy to communicate with. The interaction was both efficient and conversational. He even checked to see if we had any security alerts, after our credit card information was updated. Very pleased!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I had a great interaction with the agent! In less than 5 minutes, he was able to solve the issue I had in an effective and professional manner by going above and beyond what I was expecting. Great experience!

SiteLock response

Thank you Edmee for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Informed us the website was infected (it wasn't) but point blank refused to say what the issue was, while trying to sell another service to fix the "issue". Repeatedly sent reports showing issues - for a different URL, not ours. They're a con, trying to worry customers into buying more services, which presumably do not work either.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Sitelock's dashboard provides detailed data about attacks, file changes, malicious files, visitors, bot traffic and much more. I found the service to be useful and effective and easy to set up. I would use again.

SiteLock response

Hi Anthony! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I must commend all the SiteLock personnel who have helped me with my requirements (Brandon, Melanie and most recently, Orlantria). The high level of courtesy is particularly outstanding and so refreshing. Orlantria provided service above and beyond my hopes and expectations, and I sincerely thank her for her personal input and assistance. I wish you all a happy holiday season.

SiteLock response
Welcome to the SiteLock family, Sue. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Alex was supportive and patient in guiding me through the initial steps of the account setup, explaining the various aspects of Sitelock protection. He made sure that I now have the information needed to gather further information needed for the setup. His calm way of listening and responding made what I thought might become an unpleasant experience into a much-appreciated session of learning. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had serious and continuous malware problems, Sitelock cleared my sites, but they kept coming back, so in the end, I decided to close the websites and thus did not require Sitelock services further. But you were helpful and courteous in our negotiations.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I seem to have the same issues many others have had with this company. I had issues with malware/hacking on my websites back in early 2017. My hosting was done with GoDaddy. They recommended SiteLock to clean everything and install firewalls. I've had nothing but issues since being with SiteLock the past 2 years. I contacted them over a dozen times in two years regarding malware and firewalls not being up. I found out the firewall were not configured when I'd get malware problems which happened 5 separate times in 2017 and 2 times in 2018.

When going through emails it showed I never got what I paid for. I've spent over $2,000 with SiteLock for firewalls that weren't configured on all 5 of my websites. I've wasted SO MUCH time going back and forth with this company fixing issues that should've never been an issue if firewalls were set up. What's more infuriating is I asked one of their consultants last week to help me, but said he couldn't and wanted to sell me MORE firewall protection and didn't tell me everything was not set up correctly. He wanted me to pay an EXTRA $250 a month for something I should've had 2 years ago!

I think they're running a scam. HOW could it be that these firewalls were not configured 5 times and then tell me they are when in fact they're not? It seems like they create problems so their customers will buy more from them when in fact they are either not doing their job or taking off the firewalls so there are issues and customers need to pay more to have it 'fixed'.

I spoke with their former partner GoDaddy, about SiteLock’s services. They told me they had issues the way SiteLock does business. GoDaddy was able to put firewalls all my websites and cleaned off all the malware that SiteLock wanted to charge me for, for less money and no cost to me to clean the site. I spoke with 3 people today at SiteLock telling me it was not their fault my firewalls were not up. Imagine that?! It's their product, but not their fault.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I closed a website on Blue Host and left a message on your answering machine last Saturday. I had it on my "to-do" list for today to call again. Instead, I received a call and the lady had all the information. Unfortunately, this is not typical of most businesses today. Since she had all the information, it was just a matter of confirming the info. She went on to caution me that Blue Host was doing the billing, which I appreciated. What a refreshing level of service. Congratulations to her and to a company that enables/promotes such quality service. Happy Holidays!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Leonard! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

SiteLock worked very well for our website. Their customer service is excellent. On the rare occasion I needed help, they were courteous and quick to respond. I'd recommend the company for your website security needs.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Terry, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Orlantria listened to my issues and went out of her way to ensure they were met. She helped me get a discount as well as a cleaning up of my website. Very friendly and helpful. I would recommend anything she is involved with. She cares about her company and product.

SiteLock response

Hi Joseph! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Accurately described the services. Was patient and truly concerned about our account and needs. He took the time to explain the services, look at what had been done on our site. He was completely transparent as well as the other representative Karina. I appreciate the honesty and willingness to fix our relationship.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Carmen! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Richelle is a very helpful representative. She explained things on the dashboard very clearly. She added other domains to my dashboard so that all related domains are accessible making it easy if we need to add services. She also advised on redirecting domains and what services to consider and why. I appreciate her helpful disposition. Thank you.

SiteLock response

Hi Renee! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I can recommend SiteLock after spending several years with them mainly because their customer service was so good. They were always available, willing to help, answered all my questions, and were pleasant on the phone. I felt more secure hiring them to protect my website.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Lawrence! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was receiving emails from SiteLock saying that my website, hosted by eHost, was experiencing malware problems and my website was taken down. I was not happy that SiteLock, a third party was involved. I should have been contacted by eHost alone and this should have been something between us. I wish eHost could be more upfront. No one could tell me what the malware was and I was upset. I was advised to select unlimited cleaning services for $70/month. What I realized was it was $70/month for a 12 month period totaling it up to $840. I found out and I said no, I'm cancelling. I did and I do not want to do business again. Even trying to cancel the darn service was a hassle in of itself. I should not have to pay and have a third party fix something I made. I should be allowed by my hosting platform to fix it myself. Unbelievable. Never doing business again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Happy with the service I receive from Sitelock and knowing that my site is more protected now that I have their security measures in place. The agents on the phone are always very helpful and happy to assist with any issues.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

After 8 years of having no issues with my site, on Oct 4th I spoke to a SiteLock specialist who said they would ramp up my current service I had already paid $150 for with an upgraded version for $450 to help "remove" the malware and do continuous scans. Then surprisingly a week later, I had yet another issue where they claimed they had to do a "manual scan" to fix the malware but that they could upgrade me to their highest level of service with unlimited manual scans for another $220. I checked my credit card bill and they had overcharged another $65 "by accident"... Right!!

They are just thieves. Another week later, my websites were all frozen by their partner hosting company and Sitelock claimed my other website had malware. I found it suspicious and went to another company who said they saw nothing on my other site but that Sitelock is known for scamming. I wish I knew it before I dished out $670 which they have you sign saying you forfeit any previously paid sums as they know that eventually people will find out and they don't want to give refunds. How convenient. They scare you by saying your site is being attacked and work with 2nd rate web hosting companies that shut down your site and direct you Sitelock as the only way to get it up and running. They are horrible!!! Stay away!

SiteLock response

Hi Bianca, we understand your frustrations. Sitelock strives to resolve any disputes in a way that satisfies the customer. Per your request, we've canceled your services. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

The customer service is very nice and helpful. They were easy to work with. My clients are very happy. One less thing to worry about. It's really a hands-off service. Thank You. I will definitely recommend your service to my other colleagues.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Michael, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Have felt like SiteLock people care about correcting my problems and making sure service is understood. Everyone I've deal with has been friendly and competent. The dashboards and interface are easy to understand and easy to drill into to get more granular information.

SiteLock response

Thank you Alex for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I asked if I could postpone my payment in which it was granted. The guy whom I spoke with was very courteous. It's a pleasure doing business with SiteLock and I plan to maintain the business relationship going into the future.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Quartez! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

As a small business entrepreneur. My experience with Sitelock was great. Everyone, from the person assisting me in deciding what type of security I would need. Price point. And then the Tech person assisting me in setting the process up. An example of exceptional customer service.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Stephen, for joining the SiteLock family! We’re grateful for your customer loyalty and appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My host Netregistry could or would not correct an error with the FTP which was preventing SiteLock to scan. After many calls back and forth and emails SAMANTHA was able to work with both yourselves and my Host and was able to resolve the unresolvable! Sam was fantastic. A real asset to your company.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Rick, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Resolution response: Nov. 1, 2018

Decent costumer service , do your research to see if there service is necessary because its pretty expensive.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Beware, stuck with a $600 bill for unnecessary scans. They scare you by saying your site is being attacked and work with 2nd rate web hosting companies that shut down your site and direct you Sitelock as the only way to get it up and running.

SiteLock response

Hi Brian, we appreciate the feedback and are sorry to hear you haven't had a positive experience. A SiteLock representative will be reaching out to you to help resolve the matter.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Sitelock notified me several days ago that there was a problem with my website. After numerous calls to Sitelock and to my host, iPage, Devin ** took the initiative to complete the needed actions and repair my website's security issues. I am not technologically literate and can't list all the actions that were taken.

SiteLock response

Hi Laurinda! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Pleasant customer representative. We went over the security issues. Karina introduced herself to be the account manager for our company. We will continue to use SiteLock to manage our website security. Karina was persistent to call me several times until I was able to talk to her.

SiteLock response

Thank you, Brigitte, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My account representative was extremely helpful in providing a cost-effective solution for securing my Joomla website. I would highly recommend SiteLock services to any user that is looking to secure their website from malicious hacking attempts. I sleep better at night knowing that I have this type of protection on my website.

SiteLock response

Welcome to the SiteLock family, Scott. Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we’re happy you’ve had a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I don't often call for support but it's nice when I do to know someone is willing to help. And Sitelock has answered and helped out every time I have needed them. And that is greatly appreciated. Thank you SiteLock.

SiteLock response

Thank you Daniel for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Over the last several years, cyber breaches have dominated news headlines. It is proven that the majority of businesses that have suffered a cyber-attack will be out of business by the following year. It’s not a matter of if it happens, but when. The problem is, most organizations are not prepared when it does. A large number of data breaches occur because a company’s website is not properly protected. Hackers find a way into websites through vulnerabilities, which allow hackers to take control of a website in many ways. These ways range from stealing customer data to shutting down your website completely. Once this happens, a company’s reputation and creditability is effectively destroyed. SiteLock is here to help prevent this from happening, and to ensure online businesses stay safe, accessible, and always making money.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
The art of effective website security lies in a comprehensive, 360˚ approach. This means protection from the inside out as well as the outside in. Other security providers out there today merely offer one small piece of the security pie, like only offering malware scanning, but not malware removal, or only offering a website firewall, but no scanning solution. SiteLock has the technology to do it all, which is daily scanning with automatic malware removal, a managed PCI-certified web application firewall with a global CDN for a blazing fast website, advanced DDoS protection and an unrivaled 24/7 phone support staff. There is no security provider on the market today that offers the breadth and depth of what SiteLock provides.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock’s comprehensive security suite provides all an organization would ever need for their website security. Organizations that may choose to employ a provider for one area of website security will likely need to find another company to address another needed area of protection. For example, one company will be needed for application scanning, yet another company is needed to provide a firewall solution. SiteLock is the only top of the line, one-stop-shop when it comes to your website security needs. And, we are here for you 24/7, when all other providers are sleeping.
How does SiteLock measure success?
Since SiteLock was launched in 2008, our business has grown substantially. Over the last year alone, we have seen explosive growth. To put things into perspective, in 2014, we were protecting over 1 million websites. Today, one year later, we currently protect over 5 million websites. Most importantly, we have been at the forefront of educating and assisting millions of website owners in understanding and confronting website security challenges and responsibilities.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
One of the most common misconceptions we see is that security professionals and executives in organizations falsely believe that they are fully protected. This is not always the case, just because an organization's network infrastructure may be protected, that does not mean their website is as well. Without the proper security plan in place, a security breach stemming from a website vulnerability could cause much more damage than executives and business owners may believe. Also, many business owners think that a data breach simply will never happen to them. The sad reality is that the cyber-attack bomb is ticking, it’s just a matter of when it will go off.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The cybersecurity industry is the fastest growing industry right now. The topic of cybersecurity is quickly becoming a board of directors level issue, meaning board members are spending a considerable amount of time discussing how to properly address the problem of hacking and cybersecurity. It’s an unfortunate reality, but cyberattacks are dramatically on the rise, with absolutely no slowdown in sight.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
We wish consumers could see for themselves just how highly advanced our security products really are. SiteLock® Infinity™ is a state of the art malware and vulnerability remediation service with highly advanced, patent-pending technology that combines the deepest website scanning available with automatic malware removal, to a degree of accuracy and frequency that is truly unrivaled in the security industry. We have an enterprise-grade web application firewall offering unlimited DDoS protection, and fully customizable plans for organizations of all sizes.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
SiteLock has received the HostingCon 2013 “Best Website Security” award as well as the 2014 Online Trust Alliance© “Online Trust Honor Roll” recognition.
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
When SiteLock started in 2008, it was geared mainly towards offering website security to small businesses. Historically, website security was typically only accessible to large corporations that could handle the significant financial investment. With the growth of the online small business, SiteLock recognized the need to deliver website security technology and tools to support them. Fast-forward to 2015, SiteLock has now installed itself as a cornerstone of the small business market, having exclusive partnerships with the largest hosting providers out there, such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, HostGator, 1&1, Media Temple, Network Solutions and so many more. SiteLock has now expanded into supporting enterprise organizations with our robust, highly advanced and competitive product and pricing website security solutions.

SiteLock Company Information