It's that easy Request Information
4.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

412 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 12, 2019

I'm a client of SiteLock for about 2+ yesrs. First I was using scan and clean service via Network solutions until I spoke to a sitelock representative, who advised me that my service is not sufficient and recommended a Firewall premium at 49.99/moth. I was advised that I will never have any issues with my site as it will be watched over against all intrusions.

Well, last week I was advised that my site was infected with some .php files and needs to be scanned and cleaned. I contacted sitelock and to my surprise was offered another service for $300. I was also advised that there are very smart hackers who obviously went around my PREMIUM firewall. I did not expect this excuse! I then spoke to a supervisor who promised to review the original phone call where I was promised all these super services. She was not rude, but her willingness to help can be compared to a sand paper on someone's lips. After talking to her twice I decided to cancel my PREMIUM (non working) firewall. At that time I was transferred to Orlantria Atson.

For a change I spoke to someone who actually cares for Sitelock. She offered a solution and I accepted. This is a type of a person that should be a supervisor. I'm surprised that some supervisors (in my opinion) care about helping customers as much as I want to help ASIS. I hope that I made my self clear. Eli **. Vice President of Engineering. Advanced orientation Systems, inc.

SiteLock response

Hi Eli! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Olantria was great, it's a little hard that I need to call by phone, but she was great, she understood everything and made it easy. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult to cancel a service, but she did great.

SiteLock response

Thank you Ronen for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Resolved all my issues. Thank you! Made everything I needed a very smooth experience! I had issues in the past with consolidating my monthly payments but Chad made the process very easy this time. Thank you for all the help!

SiteLock response

Thank you Zeph for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Alex did a great job asking pertinent questions and then offering solutions for my needs without any high pressure. It’s great having SiteLock as a partner to keep my sites secure & running smoothly. I highly recommend.

SiteLock response

Hi Kate! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: March 6, 2019

When I called to update our credit card information, a proposal was given to reduce our monthly costs by paying annually upfront. This was not solicited and greatly appreciated! As a church, we are always looking for ways to save money - thank you!

SiteLock response

Thank you Birgit for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: March 5, 2019

As a person who is low tech they do a great job explaining things. I have not had any further issues with my site since I started using them. Would def recommend to others. Have a wonderful day and may the force be with you.

SiteLock response

Thank you Tom for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I called today because my website's host has forced us into a new service (AWS) with which, sadly Sitelock is not compatible. The fellow who picked up (Lou) was extremely helpful, going so far as to show me how to make sure the new server is set right. I wish I could stay with Sitelock in this new server. Thanks guys!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Britt! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: March 4, 2019

Excellent service, I am very pleased with the service form SiteLock and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone whatever their understanding of technology. I am technically challenged and Lou the rep from Site Lock fixed my issues, explained what I could understand and now I have a well protected website.

SiteLock response

Hi Susan! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: March 4, 2019

SiteLock practically scammed me for 3 years, charging my credit card each year for a domain I no longer owned. The domain went public for purchase after 2015 and I no longer needed that domain. 3 Years later I come to realize SiteLock kept charging me. I called them and you'd think at least they'd try to make amends but no they offered nothing, not even a penny back. Horrible experience, I feel scammed. I requested an immediate cancellation and remove all my personal information. I hope I'll never come across an issue with them anymore and hope they do remove my information. Never will I ever recommend them, ever... Not on this life.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Initially, I was uncertain what I was supposed to do. Lou came to the rescue and patiently waited for me (especially when my password was rejected once) and I trusted him to be there when needed. No problems once I got a password through.

SiteLock response

Hi Lisa! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Chelsey is knowledgable, courteous, and helpful. She resolved my issue quickly and to my satisfaction. She clearly understood what happened and believed me, which I appreciated. I hope all the support reps are as good as Chelsey. Thank you!

SiteLock response

Thank you Lucas for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Chelsea was so helpful and patient with me. She answered all my questions and was very professional! I was able to get in my account and she also helped me with all the billing questions I had. She went through the website and showed me how to navigate it, all while being very patient and professional.

SiteLock response

Thank you Rita for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Chelsey was able to answer all my questions about the firewall and help me with my issue. She went above and beyond and helped set up my account on SiteLock website as well. I am very pleased with the experience. Thank you!

SiteLock response

Thank you Michelle for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I needed to update payment info and Allie helped me do that. Very cheerful to speak with and helpful. She also helped with my password. Very professional and courteous. Sitelock has been a good addition to support services for my website. The customer support is wonderful.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Sharon! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I just wanted to take a moment to express my extreme gratitude and deep appreciation for the professionalism, kindness, and willingness to help me when I spoke to James most recently. He was extremely helpful and understanding of my difficulties as of late, and he went well above and beyond the extra mile to help me and truly exceeded even my wildest expectations. I think he is truly a stand up person and really deserves all the credit and accolades in the world. Words cannot even begin to express how much I appreciate what he did for me. I also own a small business and I can personally say I wish I had my own staff like him that were even half as cool and smart and willing to help as he is. I would give you a Googol stars if I could and I truly truly mean that.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Jason! We work hard to exceed customer expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had called and spoke to Luke about having 2 Site Lock services. My fiance had ordered services for my web site, not knowing I already had it. Luke had helped fix the problem. And he was a delight to talk to about security issues...

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Edmond! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Alex ** did a good job for us, he was pleasant and conversational, as well as professional. We needed to update credit card info, and while we were at it, we noticed a small fixable issue and Alex put is through to tech support who did what was required.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Paul! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Update Credit Card and email dashboard - I was unable to reach SiteLock because my computer uses Windows EDGE rather than Chrome. Still having problems receiving emails from SiteLock. Otherwise Alex was great and helped me very much.

SiteLock response

Thank you Forrest for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Luis ** was my representative. Excellent service call. He convinced me to keep my sites safe by explaining all risks in great detail. Thank You Luis **. I never imagined how crucial it is to have all of my sites protected. Luis ** broke everything down to me in layman's terms where I completely understand the importance of having protection. Again Thank You Luis.

SiteLock response

Hi Letitia! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I called to make my website available for domestic viewing only and to reduce the amount of protection I have been paying for. Alex was helpful, polite, listened well, clear and friendly. A great experience!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Christine! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was an affiliate with Hostgator and recommended them to my clients for hosting. I have been completely scammed by SiteLock and the only reason I signed up for this service is because it was recommended by Hostgator. Sitelock charged me for a month and couldn't figure out how to set the service up on my sites because I was on a dedicated server with Hostgator. They sent me automated emails stating they didn't have my login access even though they did. I got fed up and logged in and canceled my service online but that doesn't actually cancel it.

They then leave a vague customer service call on your voicemail to call back about one of your sites and if you don't call back and cancel again over the phone and sit through their sales call, they won't let allow you to cancel. They say it's for your security but every other internet service company out there has figured out a way to do two-factor authentication so you don't have sit on a phone with their sales team every time you make a change. I have hundreds of sites so I didn't call them back because it costs me money to sit on hold and listen to their sales pitch. Then they charged me for another month.

I called to cancel and they said they are charging a 6 month cancelation fee if I don't stay with them!!! THIS IS A SCAM!!! SiteLock is a scam that doesn't remove any Malware and they just continue to tell you that you need to upgrade and pay them more and more and more money. They use scare tactics to sell people on their service and in the end, you end up getting locked into an expensive long term contract for a crappy service that doesn't do anything. DON'T DO IT!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

After a bad start with this company and being ready to cancel, Brooke did a great job of keeping me as a customer. I will definitely be recommending her in the future. She told me the original salesperson I dealt with is gone and that is a good thing.

SiteLock response

Thank you Jennifer, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Donna helped me keep my service with SiteLock and I am extremely happy that we worked something out. I hope to continue with my services. I downgraded from the expensive service and now meet my qualifications. SPLAQOUT!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was calling to cancel my SiteLock account since I never finished setting up the website. However, after speaking with James ** on the phone, I decided to switch the account to the website I am using. James even noticed that I didn't need the amount of security that I had previously purchased and that I had on the website I wasn't using. So, he immediately issued a refund and set me up with a more realistic plan for me that was about half the cost. That was something I wasn't even asking for nor was I aware of the fact I didn't need it. So, I truly appreciate his exceptional customer satisfaction and service endeavor. He's definitely someone I would want on my customer service team. He needs a raise!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Glenna! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Sam was clear, witty and patient, when I was slow to understand. She was what one LONGS for in customer-service and so rarely gets nowadays. What this means, of course, is that one wants to go back to the company again, one 'likes' the idea of calling them. Excellent!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, John! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We signed up for SiteLock a year ago when our website was breached. SiteLock walked us through cleaning our site and kept us informed on their progress. We haven't had any issues since and we were able to downgrade our service one level. Whenever I call SiteLock customer service, I know I am going to get speak with an honest, efficient, knowledgeable team member like Lou **. It's a breath of fresh air to have a company and its employees make things easy for you!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Lindsay! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My previous website was attacked by malware. I reached out to SiteLock to take control of the web page and recover my data. Your team surpassed my expectations. Yesterday I asked that they transfer my SiteLock to my new web page. What a team. In less than a day they secured my small business site.

SiteLock response

Thank you Steven, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I needed to change my plan as my previous SiteLock services contracted through Netfirms was not addressing my concerns. Thank you for taking the time to explain the best package to meet my needs and also valuing my loyalty to the company. My experience with SiteLock continues to be phenomenal. Please do not add me to any other mailing lists.

SiteLock response

Hi Constance! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Chad was able to get monthly invoice switched to yearly and fixed a firewall problem. Working to get yearly subscription to simplify billing and invoicing. Very good experience and was quick and easy.

SiteLock response

Thank you Keith for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I started out with a simple purchase and installation of a standard Sitelock product which very quickly turned into a serious issue which locked me out of my site for some time. SiteLock have all the details which I will not repeat here but in summary it seemed that some of the Support team did not read my communications, that simple tests were not carried out and that I had to continuously chase them. Whilst they were polite I felt that they were only concerned with closing the ticket and not viewing the customer experience holistically. Ie I have solved that problem but I have to raise another ticket to solve the next one.

The only exceptions to this were Shannon ** who kept in touch and did not give up and wash her hands of the problem and Donna ** who finally took ownership of the whole situation and pushed for a solution. DO NOT LET THESE TWO LADIES GO ON HOLIDAYS AT THE SAME TIME otherwise there will be no hope for your customers. Finally, I still have an issue which the tech team could not replicate but which the ipage people have managed to do. I suspect that it is as a result of the installation but are very reluctant to trust SiteLock to fix it.

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Website security is perceived as being too expensive and too complicated for the small business (SMB) and website owners who need it most, and that very lack of security is what makes them easy targets for cybercriminals. Dedicated to protecting every website on the internet, SiteLock makes website security accessible to website owners and businesses of all sizes by offering the highest level of protection at an affordable price.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
There are three key things that set SiteLock apart from the competition. First, it’s our job to know cyberattacks. Our research and development efforts ensure that we find and fix new malware and vulnerabilities faster than anyone else. We also ensure you’re protected from the latest threats with our database of 10 million malware signatures and counting.

Second, we empower our customers. Our automated solutions work in the background so website owners can focus on running their website or business, not defending against cyberthreats. Customers always know what’s going on with the security of their sites, thanks to weekly detailed email updates and reports that alert customers to any malware and the number of threats blocked on their sites.

Third, we’re always here for our customers. Our U.S.-based support team is available 24/7/365 via phone or chat, so all issues are handled quickly before further damage is done. Putting customers first by delivering exceptional service and support is one of our core values. We take tremendous pride in ensuring customers receive the best experience possible, and you can see proof of this in the countless positive reviews SiteLock has earned.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock fills the need for easy and affordable website security. Our cloud-based products are automated and easy to install, allowing website owners to focus on what’s most important, running their business. SiteLock customers always have help when they need it because our support team is available anytime, 24/7/365. With plans and pricing to fit any budget, SiteLock customers have a website security expert on their team at a fraction of the cost.
Are customers seeing a benefit in using your products/services to differentiate from the competition? That is, are customers finding market value in touting the use of your company’s product/ service?
Customers find measurable value from using SiteLock solutions. For example, websites may rank better in search results if they load quickly and are malware-free. Our scanning solutions find and remove known malware, as well as decrease load times with our content delivery network (CDN). Website owners can also build trust with visitors by using the SiteLock Trust Seal, which lets visitors know the site is malware-free. Additionally, our customers are always aware of what’s going on with the security of their site. With detailed email updates and a simple customer dashboard, website owners have insight into the number of threats blocked on their sites—ensuring they always know that their SiteLock solutions are working to protect them.
How does SiteLock measure success?
It’s our mission to protect every site on the internet, and with 12 million websites protected so far, we’re off to a great start. Of course, making sure our customers are secure and satisfied is a sure sign of success–which is why we’re proud of the hundreds of positive reviews we’ve received.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
SiteLock is dedicated to educating website owners about the importance of website security. There are many misconceptions about website security, but perhaps the most dangerous misconception is thinking that your website is too small to be hacked. In fact, it’s just the opposite. The lack of security on smaller sites actually makes them easy targets for cybercriminals who can launch automated attacks on insecure sites. Although it’s the large data breaches that make headlines, smaller breaches happen every day, and they can be devastating to small businesses and websites.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Website security used to be complicated, expensive and difficult for small business owners to implement. Ten years ago, SiteLock was founded with a passion to offer automated, simple, and affordable security for businesses of any size. Since then we have seen website attacks increase to an average of 58 times per day and witnessed the rise of new types of attacks, like cryptojacking and malvertising. Cybercrime isn’t slowing down, and neither are we–SiteLock will continue to stay ahead of the curve.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
SiteLock makes website security easy for our customers. We were the first to offer fully automated website security solutions that allow website owners to focus on managing their sites without worrying about cyberattacks. We are also one of the only providers to offer complete, cloud-based protection that is easy to install.

It’s also important to understand who’s actually responsible for website security, as many website owners believe they are protected through their hosting provider. In reality, web hosts only provide a secure server environment for a website. It’s the website owner’s responsibility to protect their website within that server. Think of it like an apartment complex–the web host is a landlord and the website owner is renting space from them. The landlord (web host) will protect the building and property (the server), but it is the website owner’s responsibility to lock the front door (website). By using SiteLock, customers can be confident their websites are protected against today’s ever-evolving cyber threats.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
● 2019 SC Awards Finalist
○ Best SME Security Solution - SiteLock SecureSite
● 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Website Security Product/Service)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti Malware Product/Service)
○ Finalist – SMART PLUS (Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response)
● 2018 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
○ Gold – SiteLock INFINITY (Security Monitoring)
○ Silver – SiteLock SMART (Anti-Malware, Anti-Spam or Anti-Virus)
○ Bronze – SiteLock (Innovative Company of the Year – Security)
● 2018 Fortress Cyber Security Awards
○ INFINITY – Threat Detection Winner (highest rating)
● 2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – INFINITY Finalist Anti Malware
○ 2017 Cloud Computing Excellence Award – INFINITY
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
SiteLock is committed to continued innovation and growing our product portfolio so that we can deliver our mission to protect every site on the internet. We also boast hundreds of partners that help us reach website owners around the world. We are dedicated to staying ahead of cybercriminals, and our in-house Research team adds to our database of 10 million malware signatures every day. This drive and advancement have helped us grow from 1 million sites protected in 2013 to 12 million sites protected in 2018–and we won’t stop until every website is safe.

SiteLock Company Information