3.94/5
  • 1 star
Based on 68 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals. Learn More.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 23, 2018

74 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Mitzi was super helpful and really quick to reply. She is so patient with my questions since I am not very technical! She is a saint! it's great to have someone you can go to when you have issue as opposed to calling a 1-888 number and hoping for the best.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Thank you for the excellent customer service. I called to look for some invoices, and the rep was very helpful in helping receive what I needed. She created a ticket to have them sent to me. She was very courteous and professional - a great asset to your team!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

All in one great support who understands without complicating the issue. Thanks for the help and continue to providing A1 support as you do know. Would definitely recommend to a friend for referrals or any other issues. Thanks again, appreciate it.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The Account Manager, Crystal **, was very helpful in changing my service plan which fits my current needs. She provided answers to all my questions pertaining to the service provided other security issues. Overall I was very pleased with this experience.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Mitzi found issues, and helped me know what I needed to do to upgrade and fix them. She was pleasant and helpful and patient with me. She tried the first solution which cost less, and afterward went to the more expensive solution. Hopefully my site will now be adequately protected and secure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I was worries about a virus and called you guys and within minutes your team was on it and made sure that my site was safe going forward. Thank you for being so professional and quick in this matter. It really helps knowing that you guys are so readily available to help at any time.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I've been having shutdowns and issues with my service/website on ipage for a few years now. Someone referred me to SiteLock and voila—fixed... AND they are in America. Not to say people from other parts of the world cannot help me. It's just like I'm a number on a conveyor belt.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

She conferenced a call with me a BlueHost to get a complicated SSL and firewall re-configured and spent an hour on the phone to get this resolved. I could not have done it without her. SiteLock is the best service I use and Mitzi ** is a perfect example of the person you would want representing your company. She has exceeded the highest expectation.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Excellent service today from Enkidu, Jason & Co. Thanks!... Well, I had some "major" issues with my website safety and had difficulties installing SiteLock service what Jason did in a very nice and polite manner for me. Encode was the starting contact and helped me choose the package for the future safety of my site. Warm regards from another continent, the Balkans actually, Bosnia - Herzegovina.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Outstanding presentation and explanation. 5 STARS. Gave abundant information that let us know how important this malware program will be for our web business. Was able to respond to related issues that will help us understand methodology in making future decisions on the site - especially regarding Wordpress direction and ability to get help from blue host design team.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Whitney was very helpful. She took time to explain the benefits of the service provided by SiteLock and provided options for me to review. She was patient, understanding and extremely helpful and crafted a solution for my needs that worked. She is an excellent account manager and I felt comfortable having her as my main contact.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Mitzi ** is fantastic! Very knowledgeable. Very Helpful. She knows SiteLock and knows GoDaddy, and knows WordPress. She took as much time as it took to explain my situation and what needed to be done about it. I am very appreciative.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Crystal was very helpful and informative with questions I had and effectively canceled the service I had on an old website. She also made sure to send me her contact information for future questions and services with SiteLock.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Ashlynn was great and helped me understand how the security from SiteLock is working for my website. She was courteous and showed genuine interest in my needs and on how to make me use the protection and, at the same time, reduce my monthly costs.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Devin was very helpful, he gave me a very quick and accurate answer to my questions, and it was a pleasure talking to him. I needed login credentials and he immediately understood what I needed, although my English is not perfect, and sent me the needed links right away.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

The services we receive from SiteLock are managed by our hosting provider, Bluehost. There was recently a mix-up concerning the renewal date of our services. The hosting provider had a later expiration date for our account than SiteLock was showing in their system, and I had received a notice of pending cancellation from SiteLock. After speaking with Bluehost, I did not have confidence that SiteLock had an accurate expiration date for our account, which prompted me to call SiteLock and speak with Brianna.

After hearing my concerns, Brianna immediately initiated a conference call with Bluehost to ensure all parties involved had the correct information for the account, and confirmed the expiration date as well as ensured the account was set for auto renewal. Rather than simply pass off the situation as one I needed to take up with our hosting provider, Brianna took charge of the situation and dealt with it directly. Her approach brought a quick, thorough, and headache-free resolution. Thank you, Brianna!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Rachel helped me with my websites and making sure that I had the right tools to protect it. She had a great attitude! I would recommend her. She is a great employee and a fantastic representative of your company. Consider her training the rest of the employees on great customer service!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Brianna was very positive, professional, and extremely helpful! She bridged us with Bluehost, since I was billed and everything was originated on their side. Most places won’t do that even if you ask them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Super friendly and helpful! The customer service representative was really friendly. I was worried that I had gone past the cancellation period and would have to pay for another year, but he looked into my account right away and set up a note to make sure that I wouldn't get back into another year of payments.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

As a client with dozens of unique websites, I appreciate my account manager's efforts to see that my website protection needs are met and his dedication to that goal despite getting ill/the flu. I look forward to seeing what implementations he will be making as my needs evolve, to ensure my sites are sufficiently protected.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

It was a delight to work with Brianna and Jeff, who seemed to go out of their way to help me set up my website. I enjoy working with SiteLock because of people like them. I appreciate their professionalism and friendly manner. Canceling one account and opening another was smooth and easy with their help.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

All was good. He knew what he was talking about. And now he has it working again. He explained everything in ways that I could understand. And I learned exactly what was going to happen. He told me what Google was going to do when he was finished.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Have learned a lot on what kind of traffic was visiting my 3 sites. 50% of my traffic has stopped due to Bad Bots on 2 sites. I am having it checked out to see if the Fire Wall you use does not cause problems. Most of my traffic comes from inquiries from all of the heavy advertising I do and the fact that these sites have been up and running since 2000.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Mothers of Many no longer exists so I needed to delete the website. I did so through WHM and then I needed to delete the SiteLock. I did not know how to do that on the site so I sent an email. Whitney responded within an hour or so and she was so very pleasant and so very helpful. I will recommend Site Lock to others. I will keep Whitney's information so that I can reach out to her if I have any future needs, she is very knowledgeable.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Mitzi was very polite and capable of resolving a complicated issue. She is wonderful with the follow up and finding lost details that she was able to explain in plain English for the questions that were asked. I look forward to dealing with her in the future. She made this process much easier than imagined.

SiteLock response

Thank you for the lovely note about Mitzi! We definitely agree that she always does a wonderful job! We made sure Mitzi got the recognition she deserved. She was thrilled to see your review!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I had such a great experience with SiteLock! Melanie ** was PHENOMENAL!!! I have never spoken with anyone in customer service, technical support, etc., anywhere in any company, that came close to how pleasant & helpful she was. Seriously, awesome experience. Thank you for resolving my problem so quickly too!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have had a security issue on my site for the better part of a year. Every time SiteLock cleans and says things are fine, when the issue would keep occurring. Devin ** was the only person I have contacted that listened to my points otherwise, and he personally looked into the issue even after what was told was a clean sweep and nothing wrong. He took it upon himself, and he found the security threat that I was repeatedly told never existed by everyone else that I ever contacted. My business is my livelihood, and while I wish site lock would have paid more attention in the 10 months or so prior, I am extremely pleased that Devin took the time to understand and go above and beyond.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Javier and Kevin were both very helpful and patient in explaining everything to this very senior citizen. They were also helpful in answering other problems than just my website security including how to get more help for my website. I'm hoping for no more problems.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Both Tyler and Adam were extremely helpful and reassuring when I called about my websites being hacked. It seems like the repair/recovery process is going smoothly and I could not be more relieved and grateful! I am hopeful that the new protection will prevent ongoing hacking issues.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Everyone I worked with at SiteLock was AMAZING! So professional and easy work with. It took a while but all issues have been resolved. My site was compromised a few days ago with malware, and after a few days of back and forth the issue is now completely resolved. Sitelock so far is worth its weight in gold!

SiteLock questions and answers

What problem is SiteLock trying to solve?
Over the last several years, cyber breaches have dominated news headlines. It is proven that the majority of businesses that have suffered a cyber-attack will be out of business by the following year. It’s not a matter of if it happens, but when. The problem is, most organizations are not prepared when it does. A large number of data breaches occur because a company’s website is not properly protected. Hackers find a way into websites through vulnerabilities, which allow hackers to take control of a website in many ways. These ways range from stealing customer data to shutting down your website completely. Once this happens, a company’s reputation and creditability is effectively destroyed. SiteLock is here to help prevent this from happening, and to ensure online businesses stay safe, accessible, and always making money.
What sets SiteLock apart from the competition?
The art of effective website security lies in a comprehensive, 360˚ approach. This means protection from the inside out as well as the outside in. Other security providers out there today merely offer one small piece of the security pie, like only offering malware scanning, but not malware removal, or only offering a website firewall, but no scanning solution. SiteLock has the technology to do it all, which is daily scanning with automatic malware removal, a managed PCI-certified web application firewall with a global CDN for a blazing fast website, advanced DDoS protection and an unrivaled 24/7 phone support staff. There is no security provider on the market today that offers the breadth and depth of what SiteLock provides.
What needs does SiteLock fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
SiteLock’s comprehensive security suite provides all an organization would ever need for their website security. Organizations that may choose to employ a provider for one area of website security will likely need to find another company to address another needed area of protection. For example, one company will be needed for application scanning, yet another company is needed to provide a firewall solution. SiteLock is the only top of the line, one-stop-shop when it comes to your website security needs. And, we are here for you 24/7, when all other providers are sleeping.
How does SiteLock measure success?
Since SiteLock was launched in 2008, our business has grown substantially. Over the last year alone, we have seen explosive growth. To put things into perspective, in 2014, we were protecting over 1 million websites. Today, one year later, we currently protect over 5 million websites. Most importantly, we have been at the forefront of educating and assisting millions of website owners in understanding and confronting website security challenges and responsibilities.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the cybersecurity industry?
One of the most common misconceptions we see is that security professionals and executives in organizations falsely believe that they are fully protected. This is not always the case, just because an organization's network infrastructure may be protected, that does not mean their website is as well. Without the proper security plan in place, a security breach stemming from a website vulnerability could cause much more damage than executives and business owners may believe. Also, many business owners think that a data breach simply will never happen to them. The sad reality is that the cyber-attack bomb is ticking, it’s just a matter of when it will go off.
How has the cybersecurity industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The cybersecurity industry is the fastest growing industry right now. The topic of cybersecurity is quickly becoming a board of directors level issue, meaning board members are spending a considerable amount of time discussing how to properly address the problem of hacking and cybersecurity. It’s an unfortunate reality, but cyberattacks are dramatically on the rise, with absolutely no slowdown in sight.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about SiteLock?
We wish consumers could see for themselves just how highly advanced our security products really are. SiteLock® Infinity™ is a state of the art malware and vulnerability remediation service with highly advanced, patent-pending technology that combines the deepest website scanning available with automatic malware removal, to a degree of accuracy and frequency that is truly unrivaled in the security industry. We have an enterprise-grade web application firewall offering unlimited DDoS protection, and fully customizable plans for organizations of all sizes.
Has SiteLock received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
SiteLock has received the HostingCon 2013 “Best Website Security” award as well as the 2014 Online Trust Alliance© “Online Trust Honor Roll” recognition.
How has SiteLock grown or evolved?
When SiteLock started in 2008, it was geared mainly towards offering website security to small businesses. Historically, website security was typically only accessible to large corporations that could handle the significant financial investment. With the growth of the online small business, SiteLock recognized the need to deliver website security technology and tools to support them. Fast-forward to 2015, SiteLock has now installed itself as a cornerstone of the small business market, having exclusive partnerships with the largest hosting providers out there, such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, HostGator, 1&1, Media Temple, Network Solutions and so many more. SiteLock has now expanded into supporting enterprise organizations with our robust, highly advanced and competitive product and pricing website security solutions.

SiteLock Company Information

www.sitelock.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use