Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.56/5

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

SiteLock Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Reviewed options for new subscription and new billing. We selected a new subscription. Representative was helpful. No other issues were reviewed. Thank you for your help. Hopefully all will work out with the new subscription. No other comments available at this time.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Sitelock contacted me to inform me that "malware" had been loaded on my site. Of course this was alarming, so I had my host service perform a comprehensive scan of the site directory to ensure whether this was true or not, and the entire directory came back with a clean bill of health. One of the site's blog logins had been hacked, which is much different than a malware infection. So I informed Sitelock that they were being misleading. Then they contacted my clients directly, with the repeated lie of malware being present. These guys are the modern mafia.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The backstory: I use HostGator hosting. I had an additional service connected, the SiteLock addon, which monitors the security of the website. Yesterday morning I received a message from SiteLock that malware was detected on my site. The day before, I had inserted the advertising network code, which is often scolded by antivirus because of its specifics. This code is not actually malware, but to experiment, I decided to remove the code from the site and restart SiteLock scanning. I also enabled the "SiteLock CDN/Firewall" feature in my personal account at HostGator.

The same evening, I discovered that my site had become unavailable. Chrome was showing an error: "This site can’t be reached. The webpage at https://**/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT". It also turned out that the site is successfully opened via VPN and mobile network.

I googled the problem, found some ideas, tried to apply them (in particular, to clear the DNS cache, reboot the router, etc.). Nothing helped. I decided to write to HostGator support. It is noteworthy, that I like their technical support: always friendly consultants, available 24/7, solve problems quickly. I wrote to "Malware/Security" section. I explained the situation (that SiteLock was scolding at the advertising script, that it wasn't malware, but I removed the script anyway; I specified that the site is not available only on my network and that I recently enabled SiteLock’s CDN/Firewall).

A SiteLock representative Brandon ** joined the chat room, requested my website name, and then started asking me absolutely unconstructive questions:

- Do I feel that the malware has been removed?
- Do I know how malware works?

- Do I understand what he says?

Then he started talking that the viruses will come back unless I protect my site "for just 40 bucks a month". At this point, I probably should have become really scared and gave Brandon money immediately (LOL????). I had a strong feeling that Brandon thought he might intimidate me and hit me up for money. But the trick is that I am aware of what kind of scripts I placed on my site. I also think I can tell the difference between malicious code and other problems with access to the site. If the malware had crashed my site, the site would have been unavailable from any network, not only from my home network. So I silently closed the chat with Brandon. And after 30 seconds I received a catch-up email from him????: “Here are the details of the services to remove and prevent malware: Website Scanning. TrueSpeed CDN. TrueShield WAF. I look forward to your feedback on this service for $25 per month.”

After that, I decided I no longer want to use SiteLock services and disabled their add-on (which costs $3 a month) on my hosting ❌. The problem with the site has not disappeared and I decided to write again to HostGator technical support, but in another section - Tech Support/SSL. This time I was answered directly by a consultant from HostGator. He asked permission to access my cPanel, and found a problem with the A record there. The record was changed from my domain name to **.sitelockcdn.net ❗. Because of this, SSL did not work properly. We changed the record to the original one and the site soon started working.

Conclusion: As I understand it, the A record changed because I clicked the “SiteLock CDN/Firewall enable” button. While the update came into effect, my site was unavailable. Maybe the next day everything would have been fine, but my experience with Brandon ** convinced me to say goodbye to SiteLock forever, because nothing annoys me more than trying to hit me up for money and make me look like a fool without even bothering to figure out the situation??? Ironically, the problem was caused precisely because of SiteLock's actions, which did not warn me that my site might be unavailable for a few hours after the firewall enabling.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

The lady I spoke with was so nice and knowledgeable. Always great service whenever I call. The lady I spoke with last time I called was additionally very nice and friendly. Love the team at Sitelock, always a pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We support a charity whose website was frozen because of a malware breach. SiteLock was hired to clean and secure the site so it could be live again, important because it is the charity's main source of donations. SiteLock understood the urgency and was very helpful in getting it live again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Earlier this year some of my sites were hijacked by bad guys in China and Japan. After doing all I know to clean things up I decided to contact SiteLock. Within a few days SiteLock cleaned up the mess and secured my sites. The monitoring program and firewall installed protects my assets. This is money well spent.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Excellent work, Vartan and Orlantria. Exceptionally professional and friendly. Glad I'm on board with Sitelock. Very good service. I had a problem with a site being hijacked. They talked me through what I needed and got me going.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I updated my credit card information but continued to receive messages of payment failure. Chelsea was very helpful and fixed the problem promptly. i have been very satisfied with my customer service experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have decided to cancel the web protection by the Site Lock. Because, my company not making any money and it is research oriented company. So, I don't need anymore web protection. And, I have taken the firewall protection to maintain safely my email account for a cost of $ 67.09 per year services.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I don't know how to respond to this at this time. I am experiencing significant financial hardship and to have to commit to a year is really not helpful to my situation. I'm understanding that you also have a business to run, but so do I and I can't seem to catch a break. I was hoping that there could be some dialogue that could assist me further knowing that I am suffering financial hardship, but there was no offer.

SiteLock Company Information