It's that easy Request Information
4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

400 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We're a nonprofit that recently fell short of our fundraising goal. Therefore we're having to cut back on several services, and Chad was not only compassionate but also helpful in helping us identify a path to keep the services but take advantage of some nonprofit savings plans. Thank you!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Rolando! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Alie has been outstanding in proactively contacting me to solve a malware problem. She has taken the time and trouble to understand the problem and taken action to resolve it. This has been a completely different experience to the lack of support I've received from Hostgator. Based on my experience with Alie, I'd recommend SiteLock to others. She deserves a huge pay raise.

SiteLock response

Hi Steven! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Alie worked to offer me a solution and was a great communicator. My time was respected and I was able to make an educated decision on the level of protection offered. Thanks for helping me keep my website protected, I trust your company!

SiteLock response

Hi Amanda! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

James was very helpful and professional. He gave me great advice, was very polite without being pushy or "salesy" and restored my faith in SiteLock as a continued option. I appreciate his service very much and would definitely recommend James as a representative who one can feel comfortable dealing with. Thank you, James!!

SiteLock response

Thank you Katrina, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I chose to leave this report because Richelle was exceptional! I went to her irate, confused and with a poor attitude because I thought I was going to get a hard time with" sales people pressuring me to buy service that I don't need. I was pleasantly surprised as Richelle step by step take me through my dashboard and explain all the features and benefits of what I paying for and what I am getting and above all ensure that any follow- up connections necessary was done smoothly with no dropping of calls. She also gave me her direct number to call in the future if I have any issues. Her attitude, efficiency and genuine care over the phone makes her an asset to Sitelock and make me now a loyal customer!

SiteLock response

Hi Dorette! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Luis is pure gold to SiteLock. We are a nonprofit and I didn't think we needed the service based on the most recent report and called to cancel SiteLock. After Luis explained (and showed me) what SiteLock really does, how it works in the background, I don't ever want to be without it. Luis is pure gold to your company!!

SiteLock response

Hi Marie! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

These numbskulls flag Google Analytics code as malware, then will charge you to clean it up, then when you catch them on their error they won't refund. Have emails of them admitting it was a false positive and still charging me to prove.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Talking with Alie ** today about what I needed was by far the best”customer service” experience I’ve had in years of being in business and as an independent inventor. It made me sorry for canceling your service for my www.ratascopes.com site. If at all possible I’ll be back. Make sure to give her what she want to make sure that you keep her around.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Yoachim! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I would definitely recommend this service to anyone with a website that needs protection from hackers and harmful bugs because anyone with a website should be able to have one with no worries and continue to spread their joy.

SiteLock response

Hi Clint! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

SiteLock is a premium website protection service. They removed Malware from my site several times and protected it from a large percentage of the automated both traffic that regularly assails all websites around the world. I highly recommend their service for website peace of mind!

SiteLock response

Thank you Paul for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Lou was fast, courteous and efficient. He was polite and offered to call me back when I told him the call was costing me a lot from Australia. We resolved the issue and I am also getting a refund for over-payment this month. Hopefully moving forward we can work together for a long time.

SiteLock response

Thank you Darryl for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

All persons I have interacted with at SiteLock have been most helpful, knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Their product seems to be very efficient in providing thorough protection and information for the user. I would definitely recommend SiteLock to any potential user.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Gerald! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I spoke with Devin regarding my cancellation of service and he was very sympathetic to my situation. Even though it was my hosting to blame for my cancellation, SiteLock gave me ample consideration and released me from my service with a very reasonable term. Thanks so much!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, David! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I received an email saying that my SiteLock renewal couldn't be processed because there was no paying information on file. Wanting to be sure that it wasn't phishing I called SiteLock. Lou ** checked my account, realized that I used SiteLock through Just Host and contacted them while I stayed on the phone with him. It was a real email from Just Host and Lou dropped off as my renewal needed to be handled by Just Host. I appreciate that he helped me navigate this process to its successful conclusion. Thanks, Lou!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Rhonda! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Steven ** was efficient, human (which, in my book, is important), pleasant to deal with -- quite nice, really! Please consider a pay raise, chocolates, flowers, gold stars, world peace, a pony -- whatever the fellow wants. Everything was well-sorted.

SiteLock response

Hi Jane! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Very excellent service. Friendly, accurate and speedy response. Billing representative treated me with respect and was also informative. Answered all my questions about hacking and viruses. He also completed the request in a short time.

SiteLock response

Thank you Bella for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Luis ** was the best customer representative I have ever had! He was so kind and took the time to explain everything in a manner that was easy to understand. He also was funny and made the conversation enjoyable. All the questions were answered and the issues I had were taken care of. I would like to thank Luis for all his help. I am very grateful to have had an opportunity to speak with him.

SiteLock response

Thank you Laline for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My experience with SiteLock has been great! They have always been available to help with any website security issues, and were a big help when my site was hacked. I would recommend Sitelock and their services to everyone who has a website!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Michelle! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

No response received
Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Received an email from SiteLock that there was malware on one of our sites. I checked the site via FTP and there have been no file changes. More importantly, we are no longer on the host that SiteLock claims they were scanning us as part of our hosting package. We have not been on that hosting platform/company for YEARS. Seems like they are scamming here. In fact, the 1 star reviews here on consumeraffairs.com are from the later part of 2018. Seems this is a recent 'business practice' that SiteLock has engaged in. Very shady.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Luis was courtesy, knowledgeable of the product and when he was not sure he reach out to his support staff. I like the fact that he’s not a know-all. Also, he helped me to understand our product as well.

SiteLock response

Hi Sheila! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I didn't understand what happened when my site was cancelled due to malware. Johnathan immediately told me that he was here to help and to make it as quick and as painless as possible. Then he walked me through all of my options, explained why this may have happened and really put me at ease. As an entrepreneur, you need people who understand your situation, want to help you get back up and running quickly. That's what happened for me. Thanks SiteLock for amazing customer service.

SiteLock response

Hi Shawn! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I was treated quickly and efficiently. I was given the correct information that I was looking for. One of the best parts of the phone call is I spoke to four different agents. Each agent answered the phone with my name and knew exactly what the status of the call was when they picked it up. It was very refreshing.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Carrie! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I emailed SiteLock regarding some issues with the amount I was paying for my plan. I got a very helpful phone call the next day from Steven who sorted out a much better price and service that suited my needs perfectly. He took the time to explain everything and answered all of my questions. Excellent service and would definitely recommend it to others.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I called to make sure I would NOT be billed out in February for the amount I'd paid last year of $1,000 after I later realized I'd spent the money out of fear. After James did an excellent review of the activity on my website, he proposed a workable solution for the level of service I need.

SiteLock response

Thank you Devon for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

All customer service reps should be like Devin **. Not only was he beyond courteous, but he explained my needs in layman's terms with a price I could afford, and told me I could contact him directly via email should any issue come up. He also helped me gain access to your website so that I can monitor my account, and even gave me my first month for free! If I could give 10 stars, I would!

SiteLock response

Hi Jen! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Chad was quickly able to pull the requested information from our account records and answer my questions. We have been really pleased with the service so far and have no issues or concerns. Thanks SiteLock!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Peter! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The associate I spoke with was knowledgeable, easy to understand, and a joy to communicate with. The interaction was both efficient and conversational. He even checked to see if we had any security alerts, after our credit card information was updated. Very pleased!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I had a great interaction with the agent! In less than 5 minutes, he was able to solve the issue I had in an effective and professional manner by going above and beyond what I was expecting. Great experience!

SiteLock response

Thank you Edmee for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Informed us the website was infected (it wasn't) but point blank refused to say what the issue was, while trying to sell another service to fix the "issue". Repeatedly sent reports showing issues - for a different URL, not ours. They're a con, trying to worry customers into buying more services, which presumably do not work either.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Sitelock's dashboard provides detailed data about attacks, file changes, malicious files, visitors, bot traffic and much more. I found the service to be useful and effective and easy to set up. I would use again.

SiteLock response

Hi Anthony! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

SiteLock Company Information