It's that easy Request Information
4.79/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

426 SiteLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Alex ** did a good job for us, he was pleasant and conversational, as well as professional. We needed to update credit card info, and while we were at it, we noticed a small fixable issue and Alex put is through to tech support who did what was required.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Paul! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Update Credit Card and email dashboard - I was unable to reach SiteLock because my computer uses Windows EDGE rather than Chrome. Still having problems receiving emails from SiteLock. Otherwise Alex was great and helped me very much.

SiteLock response

Thank you Forrest for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Luis ** was my representative. Excellent service call. He convinced me to keep my sites safe by explaining all risks in great detail. Thank You Luis **. I never imagined how crucial it is to have all of my sites protected. Luis ** broke everything down to me in layman's terms where I completely understand the importance of having protection. Again Thank You Luis.

SiteLock response

Hi Letitia! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I called to make my website available for domestic viewing only and to reduce the amount of protection I have been paying for. Alex was helpful, polite, listened well, clear and friendly. A great experience!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Christine! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was an affiliate with Hostgator and recommended them to my clients for hosting. I have been completely scammed by SiteLock and the only reason I signed up for this service is because it was recommended by Hostgator. Sitelock charged me for a month and couldn't figure out how to set the service up on my sites because I was on a dedicated server with Hostgator. They sent me automated emails stating they didn't have my login access even though they did. I got fed up and logged in and canceled my service online but that doesn't actually cancel it.

They then leave a vague customer service call on your voicemail to call back about one of your sites and if you don't call back and cancel again over the phone and sit through their sales call, they won't let allow you to cancel. They say it's for your security but every other internet service company out there has figured out a way to do two-factor authentication so you don't have sit on a phone with their sales team every time you make a change. I have hundreds of sites so I didn't call them back because it costs me money to sit on hold and listen to their sales pitch. Then they charged me for another month.

I called to cancel and they said they are charging a 6 month cancelation fee if I don't stay with them!!! THIS IS A SCAM!!! SiteLock is a scam that doesn't remove any Malware and they just continue to tell you that you need to upgrade and pay them more and more and more money. They use scare tactics to sell people on their service and in the end, you end up getting locked into an expensive long term contract for a crappy service that doesn't do anything. DON'T DO IT!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

After a bad start with this company and being ready to cancel, Brooke did a great job of keeping me as a customer. I will definitely be recommending her in the future. She told me the original salesperson I dealt with is gone and that is a good thing.

SiteLock response

Thank you Jennifer, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Donna helped me keep my service with SiteLock and I am extremely happy that we worked something out. I hope to continue with my services. I downgraded from the expensive service and now meet my qualifications. SPLAQOUT!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was calling to cancel my SiteLock account since I never finished setting up the website. However, after speaking with James ** on the phone, I decided to switch the account to the website I am using. James even noticed that I didn't need the amount of security that I had previously purchased and that I had on the website I wasn't using. So, he immediately issued a refund and set me up with a more realistic plan for me that was about half the cost. That was something I wasn't even asking for nor was I aware of the fact I didn't need it. So, I truly appreciate his exceptional customer satisfaction and service endeavor. He's definitely someone I would want on my customer service team. He needs a raise!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Glenna! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Sam was clear, witty and patient, when I was slow to understand. She was what one LONGS for in customer-service and so rarely gets nowadays. What this means, of course, is that one wants to go back to the company again, one 'likes' the idea of calling them. Excellent!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, John! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We signed up for SiteLock a year ago when our website was breached. SiteLock walked us through cleaning our site and kept us informed on their progress. We haven't had any issues since and we were able to downgrade our service one level. Whenever I call SiteLock customer service, I know I am going to get speak with an honest, efficient, knowledgeable team member like Lou **. It's a breath of fresh air to have a company and its employees make things easy for you!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Lindsay! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My previous website was attacked by malware. I reached out to SiteLock to take control of the web page and recover my data. Your team surpassed my expectations. Yesterday I asked that they transfer my SiteLock to my new web page. What a team. In less than a day they secured my small business site.

SiteLock response

Thank you Steven, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I needed to change my plan as my previous SiteLock services contracted through Netfirms was not addressing my concerns. Thank you for taking the time to explain the best package to meet my needs and also valuing my loyalty to the company. My experience with SiteLock continues to be phenomenal. Please do not add me to any other mailing lists.

SiteLock response

Hi Constance! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Chad was able to get monthly invoice switched to yearly and fixed a firewall problem. Working to get yearly subscription to simplify billing and invoicing. Very good experience and was quick and easy.

SiteLock response

Thank you Keith for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I started out with a simple purchase and installation of a standard Sitelock product which very quickly turned into a serious issue which locked me out of my site for some time. SiteLock have all the details which I will not repeat here but in summary it seemed that some of the Support team did not read my communications, that simple tests were not carried out and that I had to continuously chase them. Whilst they were polite I felt that they were only concerned with closing the ticket and not viewing the customer experience holistically. Ie I have solved that problem but I have to raise another ticket to solve the next one.

The only exceptions to this were Shannon ** who kept in touch and did not give up and wash her hands of the problem and Donna ** who finally took ownership of the whole situation and pushed for a solution. DO NOT LET THESE TWO LADIES GO ON HOLIDAYS AT THE SAME TIME otherwise there will be no hope for your customers. Finally, I still have an issue which the tech team could not replicate but which the ipage people have managed to do. I suspect that it is as a result of the installation but are very reluctant to trust SiteLock to fix it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I asked about canceling my service and Steven was very helpful in giving me options to reduce costs. Very nice to deal with as well. He proposed three different options that fit my needs and addressed them with accuracy.

SiteLock response

Thank you Stefan for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have made dozens of calls to SiteLock to get the malware from returning. Each time I called to say it was back, they tried to sell me the next package. I had faith that they were a reputable company because my hosting company, HostMonster is a partner with them. After being sold a new package every time I called with the promise that the next package would prevent the malware from coming back, I finally had to put the breaks on it. I was already at $168 month, then the last time, they wanted to sell me yet one more layer for an additional $30. I lost it. I had enough, and I let into the special service tech, who is nothing more than a salesperson.

I finally had to go with my hunch, which they dismissed each time, that Weebly is populating the malware script each time I publish. It turns out I was right. It was cleverly hidden in the Opt in or out EU script. I cleaned it myself, and have not published again with Weebly. I also have to say all of the positive reviews about SiteLock have to be made by SiteLock people, not real customers. It is impossible that these other reviews are real.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Steve ** at Site Lock provided me with exceptional and informative service. I really appreciate his comprehensive explanation of my website security options and package offerings. He also helped me figure out the SSL and levels of firewall needed for my site.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Lisa! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Spoke with Chad about a email from SiteLock regarding renewal. Chad was very personable, answered my questions and conducted himself like a true professional. Explained the nuances of my current plan and value added that I receive through SiteLock. Excellent customer service.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Drew! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

SiteLock has provided excellent customer support and done well with keeping my websites secure. I would recommend them for profitable companies on self-hosted servers. The cost, however, is too great for my own non-profit sites so I am transferring to Squarespace which handles its own security.

SiteLock response

Thank you Craig for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My experience was excellent. The information provided to me was clear and helpful. I definitely would recommend the service to others. The person that assisted me with my file made the process stress free.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Petra! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I appreciate Chad's polite, professional and to-the-point service. He took the time to politely explain what my website needed for security. I now feel better about spending the money to allow my site to be more secure. Thank you for your service.

SiteLock response

Thank you Jenifer for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Steven ** was extremely helpful in helping me make some changes to my account. Not only that, he provided very helpful information that was useful to me. He was considerate, understanding and very articulate. I appreciated his assistance.

SiteLock response

Hi Lee! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

SiteLock had overcharged my credit card dramatically, charging approx $500 rather than the expected approximately $100. I had been called to ask about renewing, but there was notification that the price would be $500+... so spoke with Brooke ** for a while, she got all the pieces back in place and she helped Sitelock keep another customer. If not for Brooke’s excellent work, I would have been forced to walk away.

SiteLock response

Hi Richard! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Chad ** was great! He explained things to me in a way I could understand. He took a little time to answer questions outside of the SiteLock "menu." And he explained what I needed to know on what to request from GoDaddy.

SiteLock response

Thank you Tonya for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

The staff at SiteLock is amazing, very professional. SiteLock offers professional and prompt service, the prices for the service are adequate, I will certainly use the company again. Highly recommended.

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Imran! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I didn't sign up with SiteLock until my web pages were shut down by malware. SiteLock restored my sites quickly and efficiently and keeps them protected. The service they offer is expensive, but necessary.

SiteLock response

Thank you Carol, for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed working with you just as much. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We're a nonprofit that recently fell short of our fundraising goal. Therefore we're having to cut back on several services, and Chad was not only compassionate but also helpful in helping us identify a path to keep the services but take advantage of some nonprofit savings plans. Thank you!

SiteLock response

Thanks for the great review, Rolando! We work hard to exceed customers expectations, and we’re happy to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Stay secure!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Alie has been outstanding in proactively contacting me to solve a malware problem. She has taken the time and trouble to understand the problem and taken action to resolve it. This has been a completely different experience to the lack of support I've received from Hostgator. Based on my experience with Alie, I'd recommend SiteLock to others. She deserves a huge pay raise.

SiteLock response

Hi Steven! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Alie worked to offer me a solution and was a great communicator. My time was respected and I was able to make an educated decision on the level of protection offered. Thanks for helping me keep my website protected, I trust your company!

SiteLock response

Hi Amanda! Your awesome review made our day! We strive to deliver great customer experiences and we’re glad to know you’ve had a positive one.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

James was very helpful and professional. He gave me great advice, was very polite without being pushy or "salesy" and restored my faith in SiteLock as a continued option. I appreciate his service very much and would definitely recommend James as a representative who one can feel comfortable dealing with. Thank you, James!!

SiteLock response

Thank you Katrina, for your kind words! We’re happy we could help and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

SiteLock Company Information