Learn More

4.5/5 (492 ratings)

About SiteLock

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

SiteLock Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

My site was hacked a while back while I was hosted by Bluehost. Bluehost referred me to Sitelock. Once you are hacked, they claim that the yearly fee needs to be hundreds of dollars for them to keep the site secure. I found a better fix and wanted to end the monthly fee since the charge was spread out for a year. They said that I’m in for a year and they kept charging my card even though I was dissatisfied with the service. I stopped the credit card payments and they pointed the site DNS to their server and effectively took down my site as what I can only construe as a form of retaliation.

SiteLock response

SiteLock strives to resolve any disputes in a way that satisfies the customer. It is our policy to keep detailed customer records including call details, recordings, and notes on every interaction in order to ensure we deliver the highest level of service. There are some discrepancies in the customers statement which we would like to clarify in this response.

First, all our customers go through a very detailed process when purchasing services. They sign a contract, which is reviewed with them by an agent, and they are also made aware of our auto-renew process. Per the terms of our contract, customers must call 30 days prior to the end of their contract in order to cancel without being charged a fee. The contract they sign also describes our cancellation policy in great detail. This customer requested to cancel before the end of the term, and it was explained that a cancellation fee would apply. The customer refused to accept the fee and services were not cancelled.

When the next monthly payment was due, the customer did not pay, which put her account in a failed billing status. When our team reached out to correct the billing error, the customer was unresponsive. We send multiple emails alerting the customer that if payment was not made, services would be automatically cancelled after 26 days. We also indicated in these communications, that if services were cancelled it could affect her website as she had an active firewall in place. In order to ensure no disruption to the website, customers must cancel through proper methods so our team can ensure DNS settings are reconfigured properly. However, the customer remained unresponsive and no payments were made. As a result, her services were automatically cancelled after 26 days, per our communication. When her account was cancelled, her website did not resolve properly as an active firewall was part of the purchased service.

SiteLock did not take the customer’s site down as a form of retaliation. As explained above, services can’t continue without payment and the potential impact to her site if services were not cancelled properly was clearly communicated. The customer’s website is currently up and operating correctly, and we consider this matter resolved. We are happy to continue working with the customer if needed.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My Site got hacked a couple weeks ago and my Hosting company suggest me to get Sitelock services. They "scanned my site" and removed the very obvious and simple problems but the most critical problems were still there. I saw the traffic to my site for almost 3 weeks go almost to zero while they keep sending me emails every day that everything was working perfect. Some of the tech support tech were very nice and keep opening tickets to rescan but the result was always the same...everything is perfect.

Others (most of them) just lost their patience with me and their politeness to the point of hanging up on my and pretending the call was disconnected to avoid the shame that they were not able to find anything and have no explanation for the red screens and problems on my site...a complete nightmare. Having your life work being destroyed by a 16 yo kid somewhere in the other part of the work is a very bad experience, but hiring a company that is supposed to be there to help you and give you the go around and give you a really really bad customer services is the WORST!!! SHAME ON YOU SITELOCK GUYS...SHAME ON YOU!!!

SiteLock response
In regards to this complaint, SiteLock aims to always deliver exceptional service and support to its customers. As part of this practice, we keep detailed logs of all communication – this includes email, chats, and call records.
This customer has been with SiteLock for 1 month. During this time, he has requested six manual cleans, all for a variety of reasons that were not the result of a re-infection or a new infection of the website. These manual cleans were provided at no additional charge.
Each time the customer reached out to us, the SiteLock Support team never hesitated to respond to each request in a polite and helpful manner. They provided the customer with pertinent information about the account and answered the customers questions. In addition, Support communicated the importance of managing the site properly by making sure all software updates are resolved.

Again, it is our mission and every intention to do right by our customers and provide the highest level of service. As previously stated the continuing issues noted by the customer are non-malware issues. Our team has made every effort to provide the customer with the best service and support. Despite the discrepancies and inaccuracies within the customer's statement, customer satisfaction remains our priority. We would be happy to continue working with the customer to resolve this issue.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Ms. ** was so helpful in assisting me with 3 accounts that I have with Sitelock. She was patient as I explained all the issues about each account. She professionally took care of all the issues and addressed the concerns. We gave to a wonderful agreement. I truly appreciate her great customer service. Please keep her!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Reviewed options for new subscription and new billing. We selected a new subscription. Representative was helpful. No other issues were reviewed. Thank you for your help. Hopefully all will work out with the new subscription. No other comments available at this time.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Sitelock contacted me to inform me that "malware" had been loaded on my site. Of course this was alarming, so I had my host service perform a comprehensive scan of the site directory to ensure whether this was true or not, and the entire directory came back with a clean bill of health. One of the site's blog logins had been hacked, which is much different than a malware infection. So I informed Sitelock that they were being misleading. Then they contacted my clients directly, with the repeated lie of malware being present. These guys are the modern mafia.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The backstory: I use HostGator hosting. I had an additional service connected, the SiteLock addon, which monitors the security of the website. Yesterday morning I received a message from SiteLock that malware was detected on my site. The day before, I had inserted the advertising network code, which is often scolded by antivirus because of its specifics. This code is not actually malware, but to experiment, I decided to remove the code from the site and restart SiteLock scanning. I also enabled the "SiteLock CDN/Firewall" feature in my personal account at HostGator.

The same evening, I discovered that my site had become unavailable. Chrome was showing an error: "This site can’t be reached. The webpage at https://**/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_SSL_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT". It also turned out that the site is successfully opened via VPN and mobile network.

I googled the problem, found some ideas, tried to apply them (in particular, to clear the DNS cache, reboot the router, etc.). Nothing helped. I decided to write to HostGator support. It is noteworthy, that I like their technical support: always friendly consultants, available 24/7, solve problems quickly. I wrote to "Malware/Security" section. I explained the situation (that SiteLock was scolding at the advertising script, that it wasn't malware, but I removed the script anyway; I specified that the site is not available only on my network and that I recently enabled SiteLock’s CDN/Firewall).

A SiteLock representative Brandon ** joined the chat room, requested my website name, and then started asking me absolutely unconstructive questions:

- Do I feel that the malware has been removed?
- Do I know how malware works?

- Do I understand what he says?

Then he started talking that the viruses will come back unless I protect my site "for just 40 bucks a month". At this point, I probably should have become really scared and gave Brandon money immediately (LOL????). I had a strong feeling that Brandon thought he might intimidate me and hit me up for money. But the trick is that I am aware of what kind of scripts I placed on my site. I also think I can tell the difference between malicious code and other problems with access to the site. If the malware had crashed my site, the site would have been unavailable from any network, not only from my home network. So I silently closed the chat with Brandon. And after 30 seconds I received a catch-up email from him????: “Here are the details of the services to remove and prevent malware: Website Scanning. TrueSpeed CDN. TrueShield WAF. I look forward to your feedback on this service for $25 per month.”

After that, I decided I no longer want to use SiteLock services and disabled their add-on (which costs $3 a month) on my hosting ❌. The problem with the site has not disappeared and I decided to write again to HostGator technical support, but in another section - Tech Support/SSL. This time I was answered directly by a consultant from HostGator. He asked permission to access my cPanel, and found a problem with the A record there. The record was changed from my domain name to **.sitelockcdn.net ❗. Because of this, SSL did not work properly. We changed the record to the original one and the site soon started working.

Conclusion: As I understand it, the A record changed because I clicked the “SiteLock CDN/Firewall enable” button. While the update came into effect, my site was unavailable. Maybe the next day everything would have been fine, but my experience with Brandon ** convinced me to say goodbye to SiteLock forever, because nothing annoys me more than trying to hit me up for money and make me look like a fool without even bothering to figure out the situation??? Ironically, the problem was caused precisely because of SiteLock's actions, which did not warn me that my site might be unavailable for a few hours after the firewall enabling.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

The lady I spoke with was so nice and knowledgeable. Always great service whenever I call. The lady I spoke with last time I called was additionally very nice and friendly. Love the team at Sitelock, always a pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We support a charity whose website was frozen because of a malware breach. SiteLock was hired to clean and secure the site so it could be live again, important because it is the charity's main source of donations. SiteLock understood the urgency and was very helpful in getting it live again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Earlier this year some of my sites were hijacked by bad guys in China and Japan. After doing all I know to clean things up I decided to contact SiteLock. Within a few days SiteLock cleaned up the mess and secured my sites. The monitoring program and firewall installed protects my assets. This is money well spent.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Excellent work, Vartan and Orlantria. Exceptionally professional and friendly. Glad I'm on board with Sitelock. Very good service. I had a problem with a site being hijacked. They talked me through what I needed and got me going.

SiteLock Company Information