2.21/5
Based on 49 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Progressive Leasing

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 2, 2018

53 Progressive Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 2, 2018

I was approved for 550 and I was trying to cover the downpayment and first month service with the rest of the loan amount. I'm paying it back. Why can't I use it all for what I want? No credit but, "We need your bank acct info, social and ID card." Lol. I don't think I'm using this loan place.

Original review: March 30, 2018

They told me it would be about 45$ more a month which seemed perfect. It was about 40$ more a WEEK. They told me it would only be about 20% more than the phone itself after the 90 day period. It was definitely more than double the phone cost if I let it go past 90 days. The lease is garbage. Such a scam. No wonder they don't credit check.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 28, 2018

Applied to get me and my husband the new Samsung Galaxy S9 from Cricket. Applied with my info and was denied so we decided to use my husband's info since he makes more money and they denied him as well. They say they don't check your credit but I think they do. We make a decent amount of money each month and don't know why they would deny our application.

Updated on 04/09/2018: I left a review on March 28th telling of the bad service with this company. First they wanted a bank statement and I sent that, then they told me it wasn't detailed enough whatever that means. Today I get a call from a manager asking how she can fix things. I told her nothing unless you can get me approved then told her to never call my number again. They say they don't check your credit but it was on my credit report as a hard inquiry. Then last week when I was in cricket a guy got approved right there on the spot. I had to show proof of a bank statement but he didn't, WHAT THE HELL!

Original review: March 27, 2018

Well my experience has been great since the time I sign the papers and paid my 50 some dollars to start the lease. I was well-informed about the 90-day payoff which I did not do because of my own stupidity. Customer service is great and answers my call every time. The staff at Progressive Leasing also tries to help you with your issues. I hope they keep their great customer service and great leasing options not too many companies out there like this. I give them 5 stars for their great customer service and customer satisfaction.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I filled out the application in hopes to get a new laptop because I am an Owner Operator of an 18 wheeler and I need it to log into the load boards and my current laptop is on its last leg. I was originally Denied but the email instructed me to call and talk to them about it. So I called and was told I was denied but wasn't given any info as to why. She then instructed me that I needed to go to a link and complete a "Bank Verification" process which would help get my denial overturned. So I told her to email me the link and I completed it over while she was on the phone, she told me to call back in about 20-25 minutes and they would have more information.

So After doing the verification I called back and was told I was declined to due "Bank Activity" but the woman I spoke with would not tell me what that even mean nor would she attempt to put me on the phone with someone who could. All she kept doing was repeating "Denied" as if I didn't hear her the first time. I do not blame her for not knowing but I am unsatisfied with the way they do business with people and I will not be reapplying in 30 days when I am eligible. This is an outrageous business practice to not give any information to applicants so that we can correct anything that needs to be corrected to satisfy your application requirements. Seems to me that they do not care about anyone who does not automatically meet their requirements nor try to help in any way whatsoever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: March 25, 2018

I purchased a sofa and chair set with Progressive Leasing through my local Big Lots on 9/02. I called today to get the pay off total, I had calculated a balance of $386.73 after making 5 payments of 61.85 plus the initial payment of 51.60. My balance according to Progressive Leasing was $51.60 more than what I had calculated. Come to find out, what they don't tell you when you make the purchase and talk to the Progressive Leasing people at the store on the phone waiting for approval is that the first "initial payment" doesn't apply to your lease at all, it's just free money to them.

The rep today stated it's in the contract, section 2. PAYMENTS: A payment (the “Initial Payment”) of $49.00, plus sales tax of $2.60, totaling $51.60 is due when this lease is signed, and additional payments (“Recurring Payments”) of $58.74, plus sales tax of $3.11, totaling $61.85, are due every two weeks thereafter while the lease remains in force. On the day of purchase, the salesman said if you pay off the balance within 90 days it would be interest free, that all you have to pay today is $51.60 (based on total balance) and even if you have so-so credit they will finance it. (I believed it was an "initial payment" and would apply to the account balance).

After being put on hold and then hung up on my first call to Progressive, I called again and after requesting to speak to someone higher up. After extended talking I was offered a 50% reduction of the $51.60 = $25.80. I explained to Progressive that this practice is a ripoff, that people are being taken advantage of and being lied to. I would not recommend this business to anyone, it is fraud! There is a reason it is not BBB Accredited.

Original review: March 24, 2018

On December 10 of 2016, I purchased an iPhone 7 Plus at my local MetroPCS store, from there, we inquired about monthly payments to pay off the phone, which at the time was priced at the $765 at the time for the 32 GB model. We were recommended to using Progressive Leasing, but the seller did not briefly explain what had to be exactly done within 90 days, so we (my family and I) decided to go with the flow and pay at a weekly rate, and keep in mind we did not know how the 90 day program worked as it was not explained.

We realized that the retail price of the phone had already been reached and the other Progressive services fees had been added and we kept paying until around $1,300. I later realized that the company had been demanding a whopping $2000+ for a product that costed less than $1000 and since have stopped paying because it is totally uncalled for, especially for the interest rates. Do not use this company unless you want to pay for more than what you’re going to buy.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have used Progressive for 4 purchases. Every one of them was paid off in 90 days, so all I paid was a little more than the items' price. A small price to pay for not having stellar credit, but needing items. When you do the math, the additional amount you pay on a early 90 day pay off is NO different than interest on a high rate credit card balance. Those giving one star obviously didn't do the math or ask the proper questions. My only issue is there is NO positive marks on my credit report for any of the purchases, which they should be showing up. I will be aiming a fuss about that on the phone in the morning.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I purchase a mattress set from the Mattress Firm. I was told they used Progressive Leasing. However I was never informed about the interest rate. The total cost was $800. But after making 6 payments of $157 they told me that I still owed $1200. Their interest rates are you unserious. DO NOT BORROW FROM THEM!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I’ve used Progressive for YEARS! I’ve gotten probably 6 things from them and always paid it off in 90 days. I’ve never had any issues. I’m not sure why they have any complaints because I’ve had nothing but great experiences with the service and customer support. I guess if you can’t do the 90 days it might not be great but that’s not the company's fault.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I leased a couple things (tires and rims) through Progressive and chose the 90 day payout option so I wasn’t paying interest afterwards. I paid a couple payments before actually having the money to pay it off. When I finally got the money I chose to pay them off so I was a couple payments less than what I was when I was in the leases. So I paid the remaining amount stated as the 90 day payout and the following day I had another additional payment come out. The payment that came out was my original normal payment had I not paid it off when I did. So I thought well this is bizarre, I just paid them off and another payment comes out maybe it was a mistake and I’ll just see about a refund. Nope! I was highly mistaken when I called them.

They said they would issue a refund but it would reopen the account and I would have to continue to pay my normal payment. So of course I let them keep it so I didn’t have to continue to pay but I will never do another Progressive lease again. The customer service was also horrible. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. Sure it’s a great thing if you don’t have credit but in the end it just ends up being a complete rip-off. Also, when you call they put you on hold for at least 30 minutes to an hour before they actually get to you. Highly disappointed in this company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Please do Not ever use their services! 1. I bought 900$ of retail products I am now on the hook for 4,750$ and that number keeps climbing with their fluctuating interest rate which is in the neighborhood of 500% I imagine at this point... So far I have paid these clowns over 2,500$ for 900$ worth of products and still gonna have to pay another 2.500$ when all said and done... This company is used car salesman on steroids. Pure reptile behaviour... I'm not sure how they are even getting away with these rates but plan to talk with the BBB also local FBI office. 2. They do not report to the credit agencies for on time payments. Yet you better believe these snake ** clowns will be all over reporting to them if you decide not to allow any more extortion. Bottom line don't use this company for anything.

3. When you sign up you don't receive any paper work. It's all through e-mail and takes them a month to start sending you any info at all. The salesman try to push you into using these services like it's a good deal or something. Had I known the situation I'd be in with these bums I'd obviously just spent the 900$ off the top. The salesman make it seem like it's a line of credit you make realistic payments on and BUILD credit in the meantime. But NO it's the complete opposite. It's a MAFIA style extortion program that you get no reward for making on time payments and paying x5 the value. Pure insanity.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I would never recommend this place to anyone. Customer service sucks. Their service in general suck. They have no clue what they're are doing. They charge for their mistakes. They take money out of my account set up for automated payments. Then tell you're past due. HOW does that work. This place is a joke and unprofessional. This they said, "We need the last 4 digits of your phone number," give it to them. "Well we don't have that number." "Wait? You mean to tell me the main number I set up the account with you don't have to verify my account?" "Yes we do not have that number." Well Wow. Never recommend the overprice place to anyone. They charge you more and more for everything, little thing possible.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Progressive, you are no different from Rent-A-Center. I have never order from a such a place but I'm pretty familiar with their tactics. You overcharge the customer by an arm and a leg to make a profit. The taxes on the monthly payment alone don't make sense. Why are you taxing an item I supposedly paid for each month. A bed that cost 1000 in store cost me 1325 with Progressive Leasing, plus $59 to get started with the application. Early payout was $1400 and change. Without 90 day payout, the item would cost almost double, 2300 and change. Also, if you calculate the taxes each month, you are paying so much more than you think. Real scam. Save your money, go to the stores and buy direct. You will end up saving in the long run. Plus the item will always be there. I wish I had did my research before getting involved. Recently tried to do the early payout. Paid $766 and $68 in taxes alone. Total scam.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Pay off in 3 months and this is a great program. I have bought larger pieces of furniture through big lots using Progressive Leasing. I tried it out on a smaller item first... To make sure everything would go just as they said it would. And it did. I made sure to go online and pay every month or paycheck until the 90 days were done and my item was paid in full. So I applied again and this time for larger items. 2 sets of bunk beds and mattresses. I made sure I could afford the monthly payment to pay it off in 90 days. So far so good. If you don't pay it though the interest is ridiculous. But pay it off in 90 days... You're good to go!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

These people will steal your money, don't do business with them, one payment didn't go through but they didn't call me about the issue instead they sent me an email saying it was paid off, a month and a week later they are charging me the payment and fees. They blame my bank for it, if they would have notified me within a week or at least 2 I would have avoided their stupid fees, oh and bad customer service. They will rip you off. Don't do it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I bought a computer thru Progressive Leasing but wasn't satisfied with my purchase and their customer service was great and let me return the items at no cost to me. Zero hassle and voices over the phone. I will definitely be using them again when I find the right computer for me.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a item using Progressive Leasing in September and was told I would get a info packet ten days after my purchase. I called in October asking about the payments and they could not give me any info because they said they did not get the purchase info from the store. Called a couple times after that. And November 22, TWO MONTHS after my purchase, I called and they said they still do not have any info about my purchase and I should contact my store about it. First off, why should I have to call anyone for money I owe you!

So finally, December 2 I get a email that my payments have started, and will be withdrawn Dec 4! NO WARNING AT ALL! And when I called Dec 6 the rep named Dakota, said they got my info from the store November 1 and that’s when my plan started. Again, I called Nov 22 and was told they didn’t! So after a long debate after complaining Dakota didn’t budge and just apologized for the mistake! And also I lost 30 days from my pay in 90 days and no interest is added! So Dakota's “solution” to that is I have to pay $100 and I get a extra 30 days to pay in cash interest free. I know this is a long review, and I could go on. Bottom line, Progressive Leasing is not a trusting service and I’m still waiting to see if they will make up for THEIR mistake but it will never happen and once I pay this off, Progressive Leasing will never see another penny of my money or the store who gave me the confidence to use Progressive Leasing either!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

From day 1, not 1 person I've talked to at Progressive has told me false or misleading information. First, a year ago when it took over an hour to receive a quote. I received a quote from one person, then when I called back my information was lost and I had to repeat my information again, plus my quote went up! It was still cheaper than State Farm so I agreed to give Progressive a shot. 1 month into my policy, my cost goes up because they found out about my accident which I had disclosed in our initial call, very clearly.

Very dissatisfied, once my policy was up, I cancelled my 4-person policy and went with Ca Casualty due to my new employee discount. Then when I tried to call for another quote for my parents only, the number I called which I got from the website, led me to claims, which then had to transfer me to sales! Finally, when I asked the saleslady for the sales number, she told me it was 1-800-Progressive- she could not even spell this out for me and Progressive is 11 numbers! It's actually 1-800-Pro-gres! Dum Dum. This lady's name was Lisa, I just spoke with her around 11am PST, 12/1.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I bought a mattress from them but the mattress they showed to me is totally different. Is too soft now. I'm suffering from sciatic nerves. I can't sleep well. I call this them 4 Times. I email them too but no answer.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My experience with Progressive was amazing. The products I really wanted were available and at a reasonable price. The customer service was very helpful and patient, they had a very nice personality and everything was done very fast. I really liked my first time dealing with Progressive and I know it won't be my last. I have already recommended some of my co-workers to try it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Providing this review on behalf of my son: My son "bought" a speaker/amp combo from the Federal Way Cartoys in July 2017. The salesman explained the price of $1,385.74 if paid off in 90 days. My son agreed because he's in school and was only working for the summer break. The guy set the weekly payment but set it for a 12 month period, and not 3 months. My son says the guy never told him that he would need to change the payment himself to reflect a 90 day payoff. He called at 90 days for a payoff and found out he hadn't been paying enough, so the amount he owed had doubled. I read the contract and his options were to keep it and pay or return the merchandise, so he decided to return it. I listened in on the calls so I could know what needed to be done. We have been on the phone multiple (and I do mean multiple times) with these people.

Initially we were told to take it back to CarToys: can't do that. Then we were told they would arrange a 3rd party to pick it up once it was removed, and to provide a picture of the merchandise to an email once my son got the call to "verify the merchandise being picked up". That call never came. We call back and are told there's no one to pick it up and we'd need to ship it with a provided label, but we'd have to find a box. At the post office I'm told the box is too big to ship Priority (the label provided). I Call Progressive and they say they don't have any other label available. Now I'm told to email the pictures in order to get a call for pickup. So I immediately send the email. My son then gets a call days later saying they will only send a label; no pick up. No label received, so my son calls and is told he needs to provide the measurements of the speaker and amp before they will send a label. WTH!!!

Meanwhile, they said my son has until 11/11 to return it or they'll start charging him again. We've been trying to return this stuff since the end of September. The major issue is the lack of information give to customers, at purchase and when trying to return items, and the amount of time it has taken to get any information (be it misleading or correct) from them. And the only ones who benefit is Progressive. My son is new to this but I am not new to the scam.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I went into Ashley furniture store in need of bed sets for my kids. Their original bed sets were falling apart and with the money I had left I decided to give Ashley’s a try. They were great up until trying to find me a finance company, I had been there for maybe 5 plus hours in this process. After rigging my account to make the final sale, Progressive Leasing is who financed my bed sets after it were all said I’m done. Financed me for 2,000 and 4,000 in total. I’ve been paying 174.36 bi-weekly since March. I’ve been calling them since I started paying on my account they are very crooked. I wish I took the time out to look more into who financed me. Their ratings are terrible!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Wanted to get my wife an upgrade at Kay’s. Credit was shot, so they offer a leasing program, applied for it and got approved. After leaving with the ring and sitting down having dinner with my wife, I received an email from Progressive of the payment plan. We looked over at it several times and realized the total was higher than ring was worth. (405.41 for 13 months). The next morning we return the merchandise. Progressive gets one star from us for trying. Never makes a decision when you’re desperate.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I recently financed a mattress from Mattress Firm and decided to upgrade from the $700 I was initially going to get to a $1200 mattress. I did not have the money but I know my credit is decent enough to finance so I did. I was told I had 1 year to pay off the, let's call it $1300 after taxes. They immediately started deducting money from my bank account on payday which wasn't a problem until I sat and thought about how much I was paying vs the frequency of payments.

I called Progressive Leasing to inquire about the charges and I was told by "Dave" I was paying $2400 for my mattress and their "leasing fee" (100% interest). After a very brief exchange with him I asked for a supervisor and he then connected me to "Sue" who only apologized for the misunderstanding and continuously reiterated "you signed the lease agreement" which I never argued. After explaining to her that I signed under the pretense of paying the $1300 she only replied "you signed the lease agreement." After a few more minutes of back and forth she says "all I can do for you is give you a 30 day extension without the extension fee." If I could reach through the phone and choke her I'm pretty sure I would have. After all the FLIPPING headache I now have another 30 days to pay off my mattress. Moral of this story DO NOT USE PROGRESSIVE LEASING!!! You're better off selling a kidney on eBay.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have used this company on 4 different occasions with 2 different stores and I must admit my payments was low and they provided different options to pay off at any time. Application process is easy. Customer service is friendly and courteous. Will definitely use again and will definitely refer to friends and family because it is cheaper than going to a rental place.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This was a great and easy process. I work upwards of 70+ hrs a week so sleep is important and I was able to get a good payment for a great bed. For anybody working hard as I am to rebuild their lives who need a little easy here and there I'd highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Hello everyone! Be careful with this "business". I purchased 2 Bluetooth speakers from them at a Sprint store and it was supposed to cost me $80 each ($160 + taxes), I have been making payments of $7.50 per week since May 15th 2017. Today is 10/2/17 and I owe them $350 still and if I want to pay off I have to pay $160!!!! This is a SCAM!!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I was given credit for my recent purchase. This will help me to rebuild my overall credit. Thank you for your support. I would recommend this Progressive Leasing program to anyone who was denied credit because of having a low Fico score. Good people sometimes fall on hard times and it becomes difficult to pay your bills. You sometimes have to choose between rent, Medicine, or food. This program will be helpful to those who need it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My husband and I went to Mattress Firm to purchase a motorized bed and accessories, thereafter, we were given our total, we were told we could pay some upfront and finance the remainder, the following month we noticed our account was hit for over $300.00, we called and questioned this charge and was told this was given to us in our contract of which we never saw or received, I requested a copy of this so called contract, upon receipt we noticed this document had been filled in via a computer, there was no signature or any type of acknowledgement.

We explained this to the representative of which she repeatedly stated "this is how we do our contracts". Additionally, we later found out this was not a finance company as we were told but we had been coaxed into a lease... This purchase should have been approximately $3000.00, however, with this deceptive lease we will be paying over $5000.00. We are possibly going to file a lawsuit against these companies... Not happy. Oh forgot to mention the bed worked for about 2 weeks, therefore, at present we have been paying and have no bed. What a nightmare.

Progressive Leasing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Progressive Leasing helps retail stores and merchants obtain financing for their customers with less-than-perfect credit by offering an alternative to traditional financing. It offers a lease-to-own purchase program for stores to offer their customers as an additional payment option, ensuring they are able to leave the store with the purchase they came in for.

• Purchasing merchandise: Customers have two options for purchasing merchandise in your store: cash or credit. For customers who have less-than-perfect credit, obtaining financing may be hard or impossible. Progressive Leasing offers your customers a no-credit-needed program that comes with a 90-day payment plan.

• Business benefits: Using Progressive Leasing’s no-credit-needed payment option lets retailers and merchants accept more customers, increasing their sales numbers, reducing the number of layaways and increasing the number of repeat customers. Even is a customer has good credit, have Progressive Leasing’s 90-day payment plan gives your store another option to offer customers.

• Features: Progressive Leasing makes it easy for your customers to work with them by providing a simple, step-by-step process to ensure complete satisfaction. Customers will experience easy online applications, a seamless approval process and automated payments.

• Store portal: Progressive Leasing offers retailers and merchants an online store portal where they can log in and monitor the status of their customer’s purchases. It also includes retailer procedures and contact information for Progressive support.

• Request more information: If you are interested in learning more about Progressive Leasing’s program, you can fill out an online form with your store’s information. The form requests information like your stored website, how long it has been open and the type of merchandise you sell.

• Best for: retailers who want to offer their customers another payment option.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs