2.63/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

110 Progressive Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I got my bedroom set from Big Lots. They helped me with setting up the leasing purchase. I get my new furniture delivered the very next day. I paid for it with the 90 days same as cash plan. A week before the deadline of the 90 days I set up the final payment. Good thing I did because the payment was made 3 days after I set up the final payment. Lucky that I didn't wait too long! Love my furniture! Thank you Big Lots & Progressive Leasing!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I purchased a queen bed for myself and one for my son. The total came to about 1200.00 including delivery, taxes and whatnots. Not an issue. I was told I would pay 195.00 per month for my purchase. Well, once I got home and read the contract, I realized I would pay 195.00 2x a month on my payday. Not what I was planning, but I was aware of the 90 day same as cash, which meant anything I paid went to the 1200.00+ some of the fees Progressive imposed. So I did my best to pay it all in the 90 days. We desperately needed new beds, and I didn't have the cash up front. If I had paid the 400.00 a month for the 12 months like they were hoping they would have gotten almost 4800.00 from me. This is predatory practices. They know that people who apply with them have less than perfect credit, and they use that to their advantage.

FOR the most part all the negative reviews are correct. Some may be slightly exaggerated compared to my experience. But I find the negative comments closer to my experience than the positive ones especially since positive reviews can be bought, just keep that in mind. However, if you NEED something... It is an ok thing. Just be aware that you are going to pay 4x the cost of the items you purchase. Plan on the 90 day same as cash option, or wait. My daughter paid the last 500.00 of our beds, so we were not stuck in this situation for long. But, I am a planner. As soon as I got home I got on the website, read the contract, looked at the payment structure, and realized what I had done. I will most likely NEVER use Progressive again.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I got approved from the company for 2,950. I called the customer support before making a purchase because I realized the lease didn't state what percent of interest they use. After being on hold for 30 minutes and arguing with them to inform me how much the "fees" will be since they don't charge "interest", for 2000 dollars they said a "ball park" estimate over 12 months would be 400 dollars a month. That equals out to $4,800 for a $2,000 loan... This company is a joke, they won't give you facts upfront.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I will NOT USE Progressive Leasing ever again. I used Progressive Leasing for the Purple mattress I have. Let me tell you up front that the company is a rip-off. I was told that my lease would be $63.00 plus tax. I made the payment of $63.13 when I signed the lease. Then after I received the mattress I got an email from Progressive saying that my first payment was due in the amount of $161.08 plus tax of $11.28 = $172.36. First off the amount is not what I thought. Anyway, if you pay this amount for 13 months, you will be paying almost $2000.00.

Here are the problems with this company. 1. They CANNOT charge you extra tax. The original tax should be close to $62.93 if you charge Florida tax at 7%. Utah sales tax at 4.7% is 42.25. However, they are charging tax of $11.28 each and every month for 12 months and the 13th month is tax of $11.27. The total amount Progressive is charging is $146.63. Is that even legal? 2. I know my total amount was $961.93 and that was using Florida tax at 7%. 3. I gave Progressive $63.13 when I signed the lease. WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO? That amount should have been deducted from my original amount leaving me owing Progressive $898.80.

4. This company is totally ripping people off. 5. Progressive is also charging INTEREST. That means it is a loan, not a lease! 6. This is what I have found online: There is no interest. A lease is not a loan. I intend to leave a exceptionally great review for my Purple mattress but I do also intend to warn other people about Progressive. GIANT RIP-OFF!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I am paying over 4000.00 for an 1800.00 bedroom set. I had no idea it would be that much! I smell a big class action lawsuit coming their way... I will never lease from Progressive again... Ripoff artist!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have talked to 3-4 customer service representatives about changing my payment to the first or second of every month yet they never put it in their notes. They've cost me over 200 dollars just in overdraft fees because they would never change my payment date, don't use these people.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I am grateful for Progressive Leasing's 90 day same as cash program. I've completed two separate purchases and paid them off in full with no issues. Great solution for credit challenged consumers! I am looking forward to my next purchase already.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I don’t understand the negative reviews. The leasing agreement clearly identifies a 90 day pay off option, or an extended payoff option. If not paid off within 90 days, the price nearly doubles. Presented with this information, I knew I would pay off in 90 Days! Simple! If you can’t afford to pay off the amount within 90 days. I do not suggest you proceed with the agreement. Remember, there is no credit check! They are taking a risk, therefore taking longer than 90 days would result in them making more money. I think it’s great they are giving credit challenged individuals the opportunity to purchase. It’s almost like paying cash, if paying off in 90 days... The fees are very low!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I’m paying $4500 dollars on a $1600 purchase. Don’t ever use Progressive Leasing. It is not worth it! Trust me there are better ways to go than to get conned into one of these lease agreements. Never again will I use this lease.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Progressive what? If you want to pay $2,418.60 for a $1209.30 merchandise then lease from these people. They must have trained their salespeople to talk fast, distract you with baseless promises, and then rush you to sign an electronic lease agreement that doubles the actual price of anything you buy. Worst of all, you receive the lease agreement in your email after you walk out of their store with the merchandise. I didn't want to use my credit card to buy the watch, but that was a terrible mistake. Worst purchase of 2018! No more Progressive Leasing for me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have paid off 2 agreements with Progressive Leasing and I'm on my 3rd. No problems. Customer service is excellent and they work with you if you can't make your payment by the due date. Just give them 3 business days in advance and they will help you with your pay frequency. Products are in great condition and I love this service. It's convenient and good if you have problem credit.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We have worked with Progressive Leasing for many, many years on our website, DanTheTireMan.com. They are a great company to work with and we have tens of thousands of happy customers. It's a great solution for people who may have shaky credit and/or don't have a lot of cash out of pocket to pay for tires and wheels.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Progressive Leasing is a filled with Progressive lies! I was never told about the 90 payout BUT even moreover, while in the cell phone store, on the phone with Progressive, in the face of, witness, store clerk, my contract was to pay once a month at the time of my cell phone bill. I commenced to doing that, only to be called a month later by Progressives saying THEY CHARGE TWICE A MONTH! I told them I would file a complaint with the Dept. of Agriculture, FCC, etc for the phone company and Progressive is liable for the lie... I was then told I could get monthly payment if I paid the past, wrong amount first... I filed a complaint, Progressive just emailed me to call them. I did and it was agreed I'd make once a month payments BUT that didn't happen, then I learned they were charging other leasing fees! I am not paying them ** and I will be filing another more critical complaint and seek legal consultation.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I went to a Cricket store and apply for a phone leasing through Progressive leasing. First of all they told me my bill will only be $60.00 a month. No hidden fees. And I will receive my leasing agreement by email as soon as everything is finished. Never received Agreement. Found out that they took money out my account two times, payments exceeding $176 a month. And when I called they said it was nothing they could do about but put in a claim that would just help Cricket associates handle better business. But I would be stuck paying $176 a month. They then offered me Grace period on my payout. They used Cricket to lure you into a trap.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Have leased twice previously through Cricket and have paid on time for the 90 days. Absolutely no problems. Wanted something from Best Buy so applied again. Got $1,000 credit within 5 minutes of applying. Can't wait to deal with them again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I've used Progressive Leasing twice now to purchase phones through Cricket and I've never had any problems. I love their 90 Days Same as Cash offer and was able to set up payments through them via email that made sure I had my phones paid off in time without worrying about it.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

First of all never electronically sign for something not seen. I was told I would receive an email of the agreement after I signed but the only thing that showed up was that I signed electronically. Wow! They gave me the 90 day payoff through payments. Never would have amounted to the price needed to pay off. Which in turn set me up for another year of payments. In all I paid well over $2000 for a $599 dollar laptop. They also denied me an insurance claim when it was damaged. Terrible, cold-hearted people at Progressive Leasing.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I had 2 previous leases with this company and paid them off in full within the 90 day period. This time I had experienced some health issues and loss of family members which threw me into a tailspin financially. When I attempted to rectify the situation I found them to be totally uncooperative and very rude. I am going to pay off this account and I will never ever deal with them again. The customer service representatives must be the worst humans on the planet. Just unbelievable.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I've had a lease with them for a ring I bought. I paid on time every week for almost a year. When I was 4 payments away from being paid off, I went on the website to make my final payment. (Early Christmas present for me) AFTER I made the payment, and it told me that payment would pay me off in full. The website told me I still have to pay my next payment scheduled also. I then called customer service to get it straightened out, and they basically told me there's nothing they can do. I talked to Bill, the supervisor, and he actually huffed on the phone while I was explaining what was going on. Then, told me that I had to pay. There was absolutely nothing he could do.

When I started telling him about the website not confirming payments, he actually interrupted me and then offered me a discount (I've now been on the phone with them for 40 minutes, and told him that.) and told me he didn't want me to be on the phone any longer. He didn't even want to hear what I had to say. Very rude. If I'd have been a bad customer, or a terrible payer, I could've seen the attitude, but I wasn't. Definitely do not recommend.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I went to Repair Republic in Dallas, TX to have them fix my broken MacBook Pro, when I noticed that they had computers for sale (new and used). I asked about pricing and found that I didn't have the money to buy one just yet until the repair guy told me about Progressive Leasing. The process was quick and easy, took all of 15 minutes for finish the application and the transaction and was out the door. I had no problems with them until I lost my wallet and had to close my bank account due to fraudulent activity and money stolen from my account. During this time I had to wait for the bank to return the stolen money, which seemed like it took forever, with creditors breathing fire down my neck.

I missed 1 payment with them and I called before the payment was missed but didn't have the money (waiting on the bank) They were totally understanding, I gave them all of the documentation (police report and bank statements). They rolled my payment over to the end of the lease, gave a few extra days since I had to deposit paper checks while waiting on my direct deposit, all without any late fees! The customer service person was warm and very sympathetic to my situation. I am now on my second lease, since I paid off my first one last year. Yeah I paid a little extra but if you look at what would have happened if I had used a credit card I wouldn't have saved much by the way of interest and the credit card company was not even interested in my issue, giving me late fees. So, yeah you may have to pay a little more but this company don't treat you like you are less than, just because your credit isn't that great.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My experience was very good! It was clear from the beginning that there are three month to buy without interest. They also allow date changing to accommodate the customer, assuring that you're able to make the agreed upon payments. Now, that's just a bit about business, but it's the manner in which you're treated during these discussions is why I am writing this review. Intent, warmth or lack of, are easily recognized over a phone. I have always felt respected and treated with appreciation from the customer service agents. Particularly, Christi, a young lady who is kind, patient, listens well and seeks to make each customer experience "The Best". Understanding policy is one thing, but delivery is everything! We all know or can relate to these words, "You may not remember exactly what was said, but you will remember how you're made to feel".

Others were great in how they spoke with me also, but Christi's true heart was in both conversations that she had with me. I was impressed with her kind demeanor. Yes, I called and asked questions to assure I understood all expectations! Not once did anyone treat me as an unappreciated client, but as someone they started out wanting to help and would help throughout my three month experience, and they did! If you want a good deal, wait until you know that within 3 months you can keep your word and commitment to Progressive, but equally as important, to yourself. That will give you both a great deal and a great experience. Progressive rescued me in a yacht, and not in a canoe! Thanks for everything.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

If you are smart, you will read up on this company and run the other way. If you buy something for $500, you will be paying $2500 when it is all said and done. You will not find this out until months later when you think you might be close to paid off, only to find out you owe another year of payments. The salespeople will not allow you to see the contract you are signing electronically. You will be tricked, I promise. If a place of business says they use Progressive Leasing, they have been well trained at scamming customers!! Do your research.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have now used Progressive Leasing three separate occasions. Each time has been pleasant and I have had no problems. Each time I have kept my purchases to the 90-day payoff and have been able to pay off without any problem. If you read the negative reviews on here take them with a grain of salt. A few of them are complaining about the quality of the product they purchased but at the end of the day the product is not from Progressive. It is from a retailer. Progressive just finances it for you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I had a previous lease with this company and had paid it off in full. I try to get a lease on another item and get the big middle finger from them. Then when I call to confront them and demand that they give me the lease they are closed. If I find out they lied and pulled a credit report I will sue them for everything they have for false advertising. So here it is Progressive Scamming. Give me what I should be able to get or I will see you in court and you will be closed down!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was needing to change my payment dates. Not a problem at all. Was just a quick call and confirmation and that was it. The payments were changed to where I needed them to be. Very polite and to the point. Great customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Hi all! I just want to come here with a positive review. I almost did not use this company because of the hundreds of negative reviews. However, I went with it anyway. I used Progressive Leasing to buy a new mattress from mattress firm. I chose for the 90 day option. If you choose this option, you need to understand how it works. You make weekly payments. Payment amount is based on the total purchase price of the item you're purchasing/leasing. As long as you make these payments you will pay purchase price at the 90 day mark. If not, the price will double. You have gone past the 90 days. So now, you're paying purchase price AND lease price.

As long as you understand it and the business you are leasing the item from explains it completely and correctly, it should be fine. What I dislike is that the first paperwork I got in the mail said nothing about my 90 day choice. I called Progressive and they helped me understand and set up my payment schedule. It was exactly what I expected. Good experience overall.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I opted for the 90 day buy out instead of the full lease so I wouldn’t pay double. I called the day before the 90 days was up and asked if I could pay the remaining balance of $836. I was put on hold for three minutes then told I could pay it off no problem. Since payment wouldn’t post for three days I figured she would say no but she said YES! I was so happy! Amazing customer service. I would highly recommend!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Progressive Leasing is a horrible company. They deny your payments and then harass you day and night about the money you already gave them and I have only had the table a few days before the chairs that came with it started breaking. Needless to say as soon as I'm done paying them off I will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I purchased a laptop for school, did not have the cash up front to get the nice one I wanted. I came across Leaseville.com, did some research and decided to use this option. The computer was sent brand new from Best Buy, the price was only $200.00 more than if I walked into Best Buy and purchased straight through them which I was ok with since I had a few months to pay off. They do have to make some money. They were extremely helpful from beginning to end. Ask lots of questions & be 100% clear & understanding of what you are signing up for!

They are very upfront on what their terms are, will answer as many questions as you have about the lease & terms before you sign. Only use this service if you are able to pay off in the 90 days. Otherwise you do pay double! Which is extremely clear in the lease agreement you sign. They do debit your account until you pay it off, but again they do not do anything without prior authorization, and they send you pre warnings of what is coming out & when. Will definitely use this service again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I had a 90 day buyout. Due to financial issues I couldn't do it. Well it's 5 months and I wanted to pay them off and they are saying I owe what I agreed to. But I been paying a payment for the last 5 months which equals to the amount I financed. Was told I would be charged up to a 29 percent interest rate till pd.

Progressive Leasing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Progressive Leasing helps retail stores and merchants obtain financing for their customers with less-than-perfect credit by offering an alternative to traditional financing. It offers a lease-to-own purchase program for stores to offer their customers as an additional payment option, ensuring they are able to leave the store with the purchase they came in for.

• Purchasing merchandise: Customers have two options for purchasing merchandise in your store: cash or credit. For customers who have less-than-perfect credit, obtaining financing may be hard or impossible. Progressive Leasing offers your customers a no-credit-needed program that comes with a 90-day payment plan.

• Business benefits: Using Progressive Leasing’s no-credit-needed payment option lets retailers and merchants accept more customers, increasing their sales numbers, reducing the number of layaways and increasing the number of repeat customers. Even is a customer has good credit, have Progressive Leasing’s 90-day payment plan gives your store another option to offer customers.

• Features: Progressive Leasing makes it easy for your customers to work with them by providing a simple, step-by-step process to ensure complete satisfaction. Customers will experience easy online applications, a seamless approval process and automated payments.

• Store portal: Progressive Leasing offers retailers and merchants an online store portal where they can log in and monitor the status of their customer’s purchases. It also includes retailer procedures and contact information for Progressive support.

• Request more information: If you are interested in learning more about Progressive Leasing’s program, you can fill out an online form with your store’s information. The form requests information like your stored website, how long it has been open and the type of merchandise you sell.

• Best for: retailers who want to offer their customers another payment option.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs