2.30/5

79 Progressive Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I am very disappointed with Progressive Leasing. Not only do they dishonor what one truly wants to buy but they debit one's bank account which causes penalties and overdraft fees. I paid off an account with them a few months back and wanted a blue sapphire ring. Progressive wouldn't honor my request and then I had to settle for something cheap. Then they recently debited my bank account even after I told the representative I couldn't make the payment which caused my account to have a negative balance and overdraft fees. Now I have to repay the bank those fees.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Customer service has always been great, I've never had any issues. They always go out of their way to help you or to ensure you're approved. Like previously mentioned, you won't have any issues if you pay off your lease before the 90 days which is well presented before you start your lease. Whenever possible, I'll use this company.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have bought a ring at Zales. I used the 90 day payoff with them. If you pay it off before the 90 you won’t have a problem. Very easy. If you don’t plan on paying it off before the 90 day then you should not get what you’re about to get. Be financially smart and don’t pay double for something. I believe if you go past 90 days you will literally pay double as stated in the lease. Don’t do that.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought my impressions vanity from The Furniture Spot Sacramento. The total was $1200. Initially my payments were automatically set at $50 weekly until I called and changed it to $100 weekly and paid it off during the 90 day period. Pay it off in 90 days period. Most of the people complaining didn’t choose the 90 day buyout option. My vanity would have indeed been $2400 had I not paid it off in 90 days.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

They are Scammers! Bought an Item for 1200, they charged me 2400 (1200 for item and 1200 for cost of lease?) They have so many hidden charges and hidden fees they don't want you to know about until months later and they tell you "Oh yeah, we didn't tell you that, but it was in the 60 page document we sent you." Never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I feel like this company is very discriminative towards people. It shouldn't matter if a person has a prepaid checking account. Because I have a prepaid checking account and mind you, I have a routing and account number associated with it in which that was a requirement. I got declined because it wasn't a traditional account which doesn't make any sense.

When I spoke with a sales person from Cricket wireless, I was advised that it didn't matter as long as I had a routing and account number along with a debit card associated with the account I would qualify for the phone lease program. I will be filing a discrimination lawsuit on this company. Not everyone can get a traditional checking account. I do have one in which I don't have a debit card associated with that one. And because of that, I didn't qualify!!! What the heck!!! I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their time with these people because they are going to turn you away. I spoke with my attorney who stated that this is an act of discrimination towards those who are not fortunate enough to have a traditional bank account.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

It's quite clear reading these reviews that people don't understand what they're signing up for. This company is the same as any lease to own company, if you don't pay it off in so and so time, you're going to pay more. Thus far I have changed my scheduled payment, paid extra, and have never had a problem with their customer service department. They're always friendly and quick to make any changes. I applied for my merchandise (a laptop) over the phone quickly and easily. Everything is emailed to me, and the entire process is electronic. They spell out the terms very concisely in your original paperwork. I'm on track for a 90 day buyout option, and I won't pay price and a half because I understand how to read paperwork. If you've made it through life this far and can't read simple terms and conditions, that is not the fault of the company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I was very hesitant to use this company. I had heard through the grapevine that this company wasn't stellar, but I really wanted a Xidax computer, and Progressive Leasing was the only way I could finance. Took a risk and it paid off. Yes the interest is high, but a good thing is that they always offer early buyout. When I finally took the offer for early buyout I saved over 200 dollars. I had automatic payments and never had a problem. They even gladly adjusted the automatic payments when I called them three days in advance that I would like to monthly payment later in the month. Every month they redrew the exact amount, not a penny more, not any less. Any time I had questions and called they responded helpfully. All in all a great experience that was able to get me something I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I purchased some furniture from Ashley through Progressive in May. After an unforeseen financial problem, I decided to return the furniture in August. It is the middle of SEPTEMBER and they have yet to pick it up. I have been waiting for them to pick it up for a month. They have scheduled for different pickup dates and haven't shown for any of them.

Today was the 4th scheduled pickup. Every time I call, they say that it isn't in their system for a pickup, but they continue to charge me for every payment I don't pay. Also, after the 90 day option expired, I now owe $2,300 for furniture that was only $700 to begin with. I lost it on the phone with them today and basically said this was my last attempt at trying to return it through them. DON'T DEAL WITH THEM! Please find another company. They are not worth the hassle and headache. It shouldn't be this hard to return things. If I was trying to keep their furniture and not pay, they would already be at my door. I'm just fed up with this company!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I do not have an account with this company yet they keep calling me and will not remove me from the robocalls. I have asked repeatedly and to no avail. If I was interested I am not any longer. I would not do business with a company that doesn't understand, "Remove me from your list". They call three times a day saying they will remove me but the next day another call. But they claim my number does not show in Their system.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We purchased some furniture from Big Lots during a promotion where the initial payment was only $1.07. Get home to set up the payments and 49 dollars had been added to the price of the furniture set for the rest of the initial payment which we were NEVER informed of by any employee. It is not even in the leasing agreement that we owe an additional amount. When I called customer service he basically said I had to pay the extra money and could not explain why. No one can explain to me why I have to pay extra from lack of communication from the store and leasing company to their customers They do not explicitly outline pricing in their leasing agreement. I am extremely dissatisfied with this company and will never do this again nor recommend that someone use them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I had the same experience as another customer. I was completely uninformed by the salesperson at Sprint. I was told that I could opt in for this plan, but up to $500 worth of accessories and they would pay me back and the payments to Progressive Leasing would stop. APPARENTLY NOT!!! Just found out there is a clause where I must opt out. Salesman was unaware. Needless to say, I got $500 worth of crap I didn't need (and some didn't work) and paid Progressive over $1200!!! They claim that is the convenience I opted for. I am so angry right now. Do not use them!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

This company is ridiculous. I was totally uninformed from the store clerk. They cover up their ridiculous fees by calling them "cost of leasing" to keep from being sued for charging over 100% interest rates. They should be ashamed of themselves. I was dumb for going through them but promise it will never happen again. People work hard for their money and it's a shame we have companies out there who function like this one.

Resolution response: Aug. 7, 2018

I had a gentleman call me from Progressive Leasing customer service today. They were concerend that I wasnt properly informed about the 90 day payout option and the financial impact that would occur if I didn't pay off my balance within the 90 days.

They are going to implement more training to ensure that their retail clients and employes' better help clients understand the lease agreement better.

They informed me they will be issuing a refund for the amount I was charged that exceeded my purchase price, do to the fact I wasnt properly informed about the lease agreement.

I am giving 5 stars for the excellent customer service and compassion the company showed with helping resolve this matter.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Please take the reviews seriously, it will save you a lot of money. It is very true, if you don't pay the full amount of your purchase within in 90 days they will double the price of your actual purchase. Companies should not recommend their clients to use such a shady business to finance their purchase. I purchased from Mattress Firm and they recommended Progressive Leasing for my purchase. I take full responsibility that I should of read the contract in more detail. I have paid for my error.

I will never go to Mattress Firm again for setting me up for a scam, they didn't care what happened to me after the purchase. I have done furniture purchases with Ashley furniture and had to finance my furniture, they use a company called Synchrony Bank for financing. I am almost done with this account and the whole process went smoothly. So, there are other honest companies out there to finance purchases. Companies should be more responsible who they recommend their customers use when trying to finance a purchase. Mattress Firm will never get my business again for sending me to a crook.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I bought two birthstone rings from my department store’s jewelers, they suggested Progressive Leasing because they didn’t have a payment plan. And I signed and now regret everything. They ask for full name, birthday, social security, and bank information. MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERY WORD OF THEIR LEASE AGREEMENT!!! If you do the 90-day Plan, MAKE SURE YOU STAY ON TOP OF IT, because as soon as you pass 90 days it DOUBLES the price. (Also pay 87 days before because it takes two to three days to process) I cannot stress enough that you need to be two steps ahead them. This is a legal scam and it takes its victims by the throat. Stay safe! (Caps are for emphasization.)

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have had several leases with Progressive. Paid them off and got another. I recently applied for a new lease and was denied, reason I was given, "Cannot identify". However when I first started I was told, "Congratulations your account is paid out." I called to find out what the problem was and was told I would have to wait a month before I could apply again. My son which has had an account before applied and was given the same reason. Could not identify. I have had good experience in the past, however my gut is telling me maybe I should leave them alone. The first response that I saw made me think there must be something going on with them. My next move is to check my credit, because they advertise no credit check.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was HIGHLY DISSATISFIED with the customer service and my purchase of a USED product. I purchased a twin/full bunk bed for my son. When the bed was delivered, the PADS that came with it did not last 3 days and the bed was scratched, dented and unacceptable. I called King Furniture on Perkins, who was going out of business, yet charging customers more than what the items cost.

Another mattress was delivered for the full and not the twin. I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING UNDER PROGRESSIVE LEASING! This company is not REPUTABLE at all and VERY MISLEADING! I was given at least 3 payoff amounts since the last payment was made. I was also being charged more than the payment per month, which was $53.70 and I was sending in $65.00 a month since day one. They went up on my payment amount to $63 and some change, even with the payments I was making, I should not have as high a payoff I did. After talking to reps on several occasions, they don't have the decency to understand the customer and just go along with whatever!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I knew going in it was going to be difficult due to my husband's medical bills from the past, but Progressive Leasing helped without making me feel as if I were begging. I did not start with the highest credit level, but increases are on the way. I know what I am getting, how much I am paying, and how to save money. It's no 0.0% financing, but it's a heck of a start. I recommend to everyone. Thanks Progressive Leasing!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have been a loyal customer and paid off many accounts with this company. I had placed the application have a jewelry store because I wanna to upgrade my ring but they only approved me for 600. I asked them why, because I've been approved for more in the past and I've paid off every account. All they had to say was, "I don't know. I'm sorry we can't help you but that's what you're being approved for." That's their loss. They could have gotten more money from me but they did not one to help me in any way. So I won't be doing business with them anymore. And the worst part they wouldn't let me talk to the supervisor or the people who make the decision so I could not get a reason which is unacceptable. Stay away from this company. They are horrible.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Went in to a Cricket Wireless store to look at service and to use their leasing option from Progressive Leasing (for a new Samsung S9). First they say they do no credit check, which is false. I filled out the application with all my personal info, including my bank info. It was submitted, comes back denied, and have to call. So I call, and was advised they needed a 3 month banking statements. So I submitted via their link they text, and it goes thru. Then I was advised to call back in 15 to 20 minutes, so I do that. The representative states they still decline it.

What I found out is they did a credit check, which they falsely stated would not happen. It did and a hard inquiry on my report. They sounded like a good way to lease, and used the 90 day pay option. Well I highly advised, not to get SCAM By This company. This is being referred to my lawyer for falsely say no credit report will be used. My account has more than enough balance, and never ever a low balance. Progressive Leasing is a Big Scam. BEWARE AND AVOID THIS COMPANY. TIME FOR THE LAWYER.

Original review: June 23, 2018

This is my second time financing with Progressive. Everything was explained when I spoke to them on phone. I believe Big Lots had a little card that listed payments. Weekly payments are affordable for the amount I spent.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Please be very careful when selecting this company. The terms are very misleading. Let me point out what you need to look for. They will get you one way or the other. 1) Your initial in store payment will not be applied to your balance. It basically covers fees only. 2) You will have 2 payment options on file. Your checking account which technically takes 3 days to pull and your debit card which pulls same day. This will make a difference when you’re faced with the 90 day option date. If you are making the payment on the buyout date and use the checking account technically it will not post to your account for approximately 3 days. That’s why they overemphasize they need 3 days to make changes. Always use your debit card in this situation. The system default is to use your checking account that takes 3 days.

3) Please know the system’s view will show you your 90 day payoff amount after the scheduled payment. You will be mislead to think that you’ve paid in full only to find a balance after the 90 day payoff. The system is one day ahead in showing you the auto payment and in real time with your balance. It misleads you to think your 90 day payoff includes the scheduled payment. Technically you would be one payment short after the 90 days. Your balance will then be the doubled amount. You wouldn't even notice if you were not paying attention or knew what to look for. 4) Look at your contract and do the math. Take the amount owed by 90 day option, subtract the payments NOT including the very first one you made in store. That is your balance. It will be one payment short.

I hope this gives you an awareness to make a better decision with the 90 day option. Please do the math folks and save yourself some money. I can't believe how unethical these practices are. Making a profit is understandable but this is modern day trickery and theft. They are preying on the uninformed. Use them for the 90 day option and pay it off days before the expiration.

Original review: June 13, 2018

After using UOWN for a purchase of a bed and living area and receiving fair service from the staff, I decided to purchase again and use them with the 90 quick payout just like I did the 1st time. After making additional payments on top of my regular payments, on April 30th 2018 I received a call that my account was delinquent which it was strange as I had funds in my account. I was notified that they changed the information from my bank account to my credit card WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I used my credit card to make the additional payments and my bank account to make the withdraws of the regular bi-weekly payments. I told the agent that at no point I had authorized this and all auto payments should come via ACH not CC.

The agent apologized and updated the info and ran the payment. OK... I thought everything was good, then I called in 5/5/18 asking what my balance was and the agent said it was $318. I told her if it was necessary to make an additional payment and she said no as long as the next two payments will come out I will still be with the 90 day quick pay and the account will close. WELL NOT TRUE.

Here I am a month later and owing them over $2000. They said the 90 option was voided and when I asked why they said for the late payment WHICH I NEVER PAID LATE. In fact I WAS MAKING EXTRA PAYMENTS SO HOW AM I LATE if additional payments were done and nowhere in the contract states that additional payments are not part of the regular payments and even though an additional payment was done a regular payment must be made. This is a very shady company and WOULD NOT recommend them... PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF of a headache. It is very sad to see how they have lied.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I used this company when buying a mattress. They do have the same shady tactics of a finance company, but once you understand that, you can get around them. I got a generous approval amount but used only 1/4. The key to not getting played is to call Progressive & have everything explained & set up a payment plan that fits your budget. They tell you the full cost + interest upfront (2 to 4 years high interest) which is a turn off to most but I find it refreshing since credit cards don't, so you don't realize how much you are overpaying for everything you finance! Their only requirement is that you pay something regularly. They do have a minimum, however they allow you to change the payment amount & date without penalty, which is epic! Of course pushing out payments benefits them because you keep accumulating interest, but you can give yourself breathing room if you have an emergency. Try doing that with a car or credit card payment!!

The staff is very helpful & non judgemental. They apparently are NOT on commission & will not bully you into paying a certain amount. This company gets a bad rep because the sales staff are either misinformed or outright lie to make the sale. For example, I was told no tax by sales but tax is included in the loan. I was told free delivery, but that was only online so the delivery charge was on my loan. I was told I would be billed 90 days same as cash, but you have to call and tell Progressive that you want to be billed that way, otherwise they will take out the minimum for a 2 or 4 year pay off, at high ** interest! Also you are not "billed" it is an eft debit from your checking account, which is mandatory!!!. These things are the fault of the store staff, who are feeding you this ** not the finance company.

I highly recommend that you DO NOT take the potential monthly payment that the sales person gives you as gospel & use the calculator on your phone. For example the salesman told me $48 a month for a $500 item with the 90 days same as cash option. And I said, "How can that be when 90 days is 3 months and $500/3 month is is $167, before interest?" Don't be fooled, do your own math.

Overall if you watch your money and budget to keep the payment amount in your account by the due date, this is a good way to get necessities if your credit has some hits. Plus the fact they send you text & email 7 days before they take the money out and you have up to 3 days before they do, to push the payment out 1 to 2 weeks. If you are prone to over drafting, then ask your bank to let you open a 2nd checking account just for bills and put the payment amount (or any other bills) in that. The small fee for the 2nd account ($8 to $12 per month) will save you hundreds in overdrafts and you will know the money in the 1st account is yours free & clear to spend.

So again, the company has high interest and is only available at shady companies with money back guarantees that have small print to where you don't really get all your money back or some other b.s like restocking fees. But that is the stupid tax you pay for not managing your finances better, or not making good career or health decisions, or just bad luck. At least Progressive has a few outs for people and doesn't take total advantage like prepaid debit cards and car financing. Don't get me started there!

I hope this review was helpful. I was not compensated for my opinion and I am not a Progressive Leasing current or former employee. I have no relationship with the company or anyone who works for them. Just a worker bee tryna hip you to the truth. If you decide to use Progressive Leasing, remember these 3 take always: 1. Do not believe the sales people about anything except the amount you are approved for. 2. Do not open your purchase until you talk to Progressive to get the real deal on what you really got yourself into. In most states you have 3 days or more to cancel a purchase for a FULL refund, no b.s., but the merchandise must be unopened or in original packaging (so beware of free set up offers or offers to test your purchase -- ie computers & phones. It's a scam to open the pkg & keep you from getting your money back when buyer's remorse sets in).

3. Make sure you love what you bought (If you don't open it you can up/downgrade the item more easily.), you can afford it and that you set aside the money for your payments by either monitoring your email & bank account or getting a 2nd bank acct for bills only. Thanks for reading. Watch your spending. Monitor your credit. Pay your bills on time as best you can. God bless America. Buyers beware!

Original review: May 25, 2018

Leasing Furniture - WOW!!! WHAT A SCAM!!! I bought a couch on sale for $600 and two $100 bar stools. They are taking $69 out of my account bimonthly. After 5 months I called to see what my balance was. $972!!! More than the furniture was to begin with. I WILL NEVER GO IN THERE AGAIN.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Please for the love of peanut butter... take these reviews seriously. I thought it was just people that don't pay and want something for free. NO... I'm telling you the TRUTH. They really are this horrible. I never felt compelled to write a review on a company that gave bad service before. I felt like the company shouldn't pay for one bad rep. This company is rotten to the core!!!

The payments for my Smith Machine was supposed to be weekly, everything was going fine and I thought to see it's just people that don't want to pay causing problems. Then I saw they started posting two payments a week. Now, for a fair and HONEST review, they would only collect one payment but they would post two. The issue with that is the bank is going to try to retrieve that money immediately until the vendor collects. If it's not available when it POST then that's an insufficient funds charge of $35.00. I was furious and tried to resolve it by sending the payments back and TRYING to log in and make the payments myself as a one-time payment weekly on the site. UMMM... NO, the web help was rude as hell (I AM NOT KIDDING) and unless.

THEY DID NOT HELP ME LOG IN TO MAKE PAYMENTS SO YOU CAN'T THINK I WILL JUST GET AROUND THEM AND USE THE SITE TO PAY ON TIME. Because of these issues I was fed up and called to have them pick the machine up. They transfer you to the scheduling and delivery department. I informed them I want to send it back, told them why and that I sent the payments back. The lady said she wanted to help; long story short we agreed that to the amount that I would pay to close the account. On 2/2/2018 I was to make a one-time payment with them over the phone for $865.20. I called and made the payment and received a paid in full email with zero owed.

They CALLED ME TODAY!!! saying I owe them 3 dollars and something cent!!! WHATTTTTTT??? Months later!!!! With we doing you a favor demeanor!!!! Called back and another person said I owe them 40 something dollars!!!! OUTRAGEOUS. The deal I made with them when I wanted to send the machine back is can't be revoked months after i held up to my end of the deal and paid it off!!! I told the lady about the payments I sent back. She calculated what I needed to pay to close the account. I paid it on time as agreed. Should be END OF STORY right? NOPE!!!! They have the nerve to say they are keeping my account to ** up my credit!!!

You have been warned!!! Making payments on time will NOT save you from this outrageous company. IMPORTANT When I SENT ONE PAYMENT BACK THIS IS ALL THE HONEST TRUTH SO PAY ATTENTION. They changed the name of the company three times to get the payment to go through again. They said to me, (and here is the proof) "You sent 4 payments back." But they trying to say I still owe one payment. But, the lady from shipping removed that one payment to save the account because of the way they handled my bank account.

Please forgive my caps, I am very upset because I tried to explain this to them and it fell on deaf ears. They will talk to you in a very condescending tone which will upset you to the highest level. Do yourself a favor. Go online and search for other leasing companies that are credit friendly. People that use them are not in the position to have them hold their credit over their heads to steal more money from them. The email says, "Paid in full", if I let them bully more money out of me now, who's to say they won't call again for more money!! I am sooooo upset. They waited months to contact me then they could have waited and not ruined my Mother's Day weekend by upsetting me so bad. Don't do it.

COMPANIES LIKE LEASEVILLE USE THEM!!! GOOGLE FOR COMPANIES THAT DO USE THEM. THERE ARE PLENTY. They need to act like they appreciate the business they get but as long as companies use them they will keep ripping you off so don't use Leaseville.com and check to make sure the company you use don't use them.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I was approved for 550 and I was trying to cover the downpayment and first month service with the rest of the loan amount. I'm paying it back. Why can't I use it all for what I want? No credit but, "We need your bank acct info, social and ID card." Lol. I don't think I'm using this loan place.

Original review: March 30, 2018

They told me it would be about 45$ more a month which seemed perfect. It was about 40$ more a WEEK. They told me it would only be about 20% more than the phone itself after the 90 day period. It was definitely more than double the phone cost if I let it go past 90 days. The lease is garbage. Such a scam. No wonder they don't credit check.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Applied to get me and my husband the new Samsung Galaxy S9 from Cricket. Applied with my info and was denied so we decided to use my husband's info since he makes more money and they denied him as well. They say they don't check your credit but I think they do. We make a decent amount of money each month and don't know why they would deny our application.

Updated on 04/09/2018: I left a review on March 28th telling of the bad service with this company. First they wanted a bank statement and I sent that, then they told me it wasn't detailed enough whatever that means. Today I get a call from a manager asking how she can fix things. I told her nothing unless you can get me approved then told her to never call my number again. They say they don't check your credit but it was on my credit report as a hard inquiry. Then last week when I was in cricket a guy got approved right there on the spot. I had to show proof of a bank statement but he didn't, WHAT THE HELL!

Original review: March 27, 2018

Well my experience has been great since the time I sign the papers and paid my 50 some dollars to start the lease. I was well-informed about the 90-day payoff which I did not do because of my own stupidity. Customer service is great and answers my call every time. The staff at Progressive Leasing also tries to help you with your issues. I hope they keep their great customer service and great leasing options not too many companies out there like this. I give them 5 stars for their great customer service and customer satisfaction.

Progressive Leasing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Progressive Leasing helps retail stores and merchants obtain financing for their customers with less-than-perfect credit by offering an alternative to traditional financing. It offers a lease-to-own purchase program for stores to offer their customers as an additional payment option, ensuring they are able to leave the store with the purchase they came in for.

• Purchasing merchandise: Customers have two options for purchasing merchandise in your store: cash or credit. For customers who have less-than-perfect credit, obtaining financing may be hard or impossible. Progressive Leasing offers your customers a no-credit-needed program that comes with a 90-day payment plan.

• Business benefits: Using Progressive Leasing’s no-credit-needed payment option lets retailers and merchants accept more customers, increasing their sales numbers, reducing the number of layaways and increasing the number of repeat customers. Even is a customer has good credit, have Progressive Leasing’s 90-day payment plan gives your store another option to offer customers.

• Features: Progressive Leasing makes it easy for your customers to work with them by providing a simple, step-by-step process to ensure complete satisfaction. Customers will experience easy online applications, a seamless approval process and automated payments.

• Store portal: Progressive Leasing offers retailers and merchants an online store portal where they can log in and monitor the status of their customer’s purchases. It also includes retailer procedures and contact information for Progressive support.

• Request more information: If you are interested in learning more about Progressive Leasing’s program, you can fill out an online form with your store’s information. The form requests information like your stored website, how long it has been open and the type of merchandise you sell.

• Best for: retailers who want to offer their customers another payment option.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs