2.68/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

90 Progressive Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My experience was very good! It was clear from the beginning that there are three month to buy without interest. They also allow date changing to accommodate the customer, assuring that you're able to make the agreed upon payments. Now, that's just a bit about business, but it's the manner in which you're treated during these discussions is why I am writing this review. Intent, warmth or lack of, are easily recognized over a phone. I have always felt respected and treated with appreciation from the customer service agents. Particularly, Christi, a young lady who is kind, patient, listens well and seeks to make each customer experience "The Best". Understanding policy is one thing, but delivery is everything! We all know or can relate to these words, "You may not remember exactly what was said, but you will remember how you're made to feel".

Others were great in how they spoke with me also, but Christi's true heart was in both conversations that she had with me. I was impressed with her kind demeanor. Yes, I called and asked questions to assure I understood all expectations! Not once did anyone treat me as an unappreciated client, but as someone they started out wanting to help and would help throughout my three month experience, and they did! If you want a good deal, wait until you know that within 3 months you can keep your word and commitment to Progressive, but equally as important, to yourself. That will give you both a great deal and a great experience. Progressive rescued me in a yacht, and not in a canoe! Thanks for everything.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

If you are smart, you will read up on this company and run the other way. If you buy something for $500, you will be paying $2500 when it is all said and done. You will not find this out until months later when you think you might be close to paid off, only to find out you owe another year of payments. The salespeople will not allow you to see the contract you are signing electronically. You will be tricked, I promise. If a place of business says they use Progressive Leasing, they have been well trained at scamming customers!! Do your research.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have now used Progressive Leasing three separate occasions. Each time has been pleasant and I have had no problems. Each time I have kept my purchases to the 90-day payoff and have been able to pay off without any problem. If you read the negative reviews on here take them with a grain of salt. A few of them are complaining about the quality of the product they purchased but at the end of the day the product is not from Progressive. It is from a retailer. Progressive just finances it for you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I had a previous lease with this company and had paid it off in full. I try to get a lease on another item and get the big middle finger from them. Then when I call to confront them and demand that they give me the lease they are closed. If I find out they lied and pulled a credit report I will sue them for everything they have for false advertising. So here it is Progressive Scamming. Give me what I should be able to get or I will see you in court and you will be closed down!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was needing to change my payment dates. Not a problem at all. Was just a quick call and confirmation and that was it. The payments were changed to where I needed them to be. Very polite and to the point. Great customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Hi all! I just want to come here with a positive review. I almost did not use this company because of the hundreds of negative reviews. However, I went with it anyway. I used Progressive Leasing to buy a new mattress from mattress firm. I chose for the 90 day option. If you choose this option, you need to understand how it works. You make weekly payments. Payment amount is based on the total purchase price of the item you're purchasing/leasing. As long as you make these payments you will pay purchase price at the 90 day mark. If not, the price will double. You have gone past the 90 days. So now, you're paying purchase price AND lease price.

As long as you understand it and the business you are leasing the item from explains it completely and correctly, it should be fine. What I dislike is that the first paperwork I got in the mail said nothing about my 90 day choice. I called Progressive and they helped me understand and set up my payment schedule. It was exactly what I expected. Good experience overall.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I opted for the 90 day buy out instead of the full lease so I wouldn’t pay double. I called the day before the 90 days was up and asked if I could pay the remaining balance of $836. I was put on hold for three minutes then told I could pay it off no problem. Since payment wouldn’t post for three days I figured she would say no but she said YES! I was so happy! Amazing customer service. I would highly recommend!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Progressive Leasing is a horrible company. They deny your payments and then harass you day and night about the money you already gave them and I have only had the table a few days before the chairs that came with it started breaking. Needless to say as soon as I'm done paying them off I will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I purchased a laptop for school, did not have the cash up front to get the nice one I wanted. I came across Leaseville.com, did some research and decided to use this option. The computer was sent brand new from Best Buy, the price was only $200.00 more than if I walked into Best Buy and purchased straight through them which I was ok with since I had a few months to pay off. They do have to make some money. They were extremely helpful from beginning to end. Ask lots of questions & be 100% clear & understanding of what you are signing up for!

They are very upfront on what their terms are, will answer as many questions as you have about the lease & terms before you sign. Only use this service if you are able to pay off in the 90 days. Otherwise you do pay double! Which is extremely clear in the lease agreement you sign. They do debit your account until you pay it off, but again they do not do anything without prior authorization, and they send you pre warnings of what is coming out & when. Will definitely use this service again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I had a 90 day buyout. Due to financial issues I couldn't do it. Well it's 5 months and I wanted to pay them off and they are saying I owe what I agreed to. But I been paying a payment for the last 5 months which equals to the amount I financed. Was told I would be charged up to a 29 percent interest rate till pd.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I was accepted for Progressive Leasing (PL) and I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with them so far. I was able to purchase a 14k Rose gold ring guard enhancer from “Unending Love” via Overstock. All I had to do was pay the initial payment of $49 (pre-tax) and use my debit card that I will be using for future payments. I know some people on here have had negative experiences with PL but if you just read your lease agreement, you’ll understand more of what is expected of you.

I opted to pay via the early buy out 90 days and pay it off. I also was able to get a phenomenal price/deal on my ring. All in all I’m a happy camper and I would’ve not been able to pay off my ring in one payment, we’re it not for PL and being accepted for a good amount at that. So, thank you Progressive Leasing!! I feel truly blessed and grateful to be able to pay off my purchases with PL.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I am very disappointed with Progressive Leasing. Not only do they dishonor what one truly wants to buy but they debit one's bank account which causes penalties and overdraft fees. I paid off an account with them a few months back and wanted a blue sapphire ring. Progressive wouldn't honor my request and then I had to settle for something cheap. Then they recently debited my bank account even after I told the representative I couldn't make the payment which caused my account to have a negative balance and overdraft fees. Now I have to repay the bank those fees.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Customer service has always been great, I've never had any issues. They always go out of their way to help you or to ensure you're approved. Like previously mentioned, you won't have any issues if you pay off your lease before the 90 days which is well presented before you start your lease. Whenever possible, I'll use this company.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have bought a ring at Zales. I used the 90 day payoff with them. If you pay it off before the 90 you won’t have a problem. Very easy. If you don’t plan on paying it off before the 90 day then you should not get what you’re about to get. Be financially smart and don’t pay double for something. I believe if you go past 90 days you will literally pay double as stated in the lease. Don’t do that.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought my impressions vanity from The Furniture Spot Sacramento. The total was $1200. Initially my payments were automatically set at $50 weekly until I called and changed it to $100 weekly and paid it off during the 90 day period. Pay it off in 90 days period. Most of the people complaining didn’t choose the 90 day buyout option. My vanity would have indeed been $2400 had I not paid it off in 90 days.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

They are Scammers! Bought an Item for 1200, they charged me 2400 (1200 for item and 1200 for cost of lease?) They have so many hidden charges and hidden fees they don't want you to know about until months later and they tell you "Oh yeah, we didn't tell you that, but it was in the 60 page document we sent you." Never again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I feel like this company is very discriminative towards people. It shouldn't matter if a person has a prepaid checking account. Because I have a prepaid checking account and mind you, I have a routing and account number associated with it in which that was a requirement. I got declined because it wasn't a traditional account which doesn't make any sense.

When I spoke with a sales person from Cricket wireless, I was advised that it didn't matter as long as I had a routing and account number along with a debit card associated with the account I would qualify for the phone lease program. I will be filing a discrimination lawsuit on this company. Not everyone can get a traditional checking account. I do have one in which I don't have a debit card associated with that one. And because of that, I didn't qualify!!! What the heck!!! I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their time with these people because they are going to turn you away. I spoke with my attorney who stated that this is an act of discrimination towards those who are not fortunate enough to have a traditional bank account.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

It's quite clear reading these reviews that people don't understand what they're signing up for. This company is the same as any lease to own company, if you don't pay it off in so and so time, you're going to pay more. Thus far I have changed my scheduled payment, paid extra, and have never had a problem with their customer service department. They're always friendly and quick to make any changes. I applied for my merchandise (a laptop) over the phone quickly and easily. Everything is emailed to me, and the entire process is electronic. They spell out the terms very concisely in your original paperwork. I'm on track for a 90 day buyout option, and I won't pay price and a half because I understand how to read paperwork. If you've made it through life this far and can't read simple terms and conditions, that is not the fault of the company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I was very hesitant to use this company. I had heard through the grapevine that this company wasn't stellar, but I really wanted a Xidax computer, and Progressive Leasing was the only way I could finance. Took a risk and it paid off. Yes the interest is high, but a good thing is that they always offer early buyout. When I finally took the offer for early buyout I saved over 200 dollars. I had automatic payments and never had a problem. They even gladly adjusted the automatic payments when I called them three days in advance that I would like to monthly payment later in the month. Every month they redrew the exact amount, not a penny more, not any less. Any time I had questions and called they responded helpfully. All in all a great experience that was able to get me something I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I purchased some furniture from Ashley through Progressive in May. After an unforeseen financial problem, I decided to return the furniture in August. It is the middle of SEPTEMBER and they have yet to pick it up. I have been waiting for them to pick it up for a month. They have scheduled for different pickup dates and haven't shown for any of them.

Today was the 4th scheduled pickup. Every time I call, they say that it isn't in their system for a pickup, but they continue to charge me for every payment I don't pay. Also, after the 90 day option expired, I now owe $2,300 for furniture that was only $700 to begin with. I lost it on the phone with them today and basically said this was my last attempt at trying to return it through them. DON'T DEAL WITH THEM! Please find another company. They are not worth the hassle and headache. It shouldn't be this hard to return things. If I was trying to keep their furniture and not pay, they would already be at my door. I'm just fed up with this company!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I do not have an account with this company yet they keep calling me and will not remove me from the robocalls. I have asked repeatedly and to no avail. If I was interested I am not any longer. I would not do business with a company that doesn't understand, "Remove me from your list". They call three times a day saying they will remove me but the next day another call. But they claim my number does not show in Their system.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We purchased some furniture from Big Lots during a promotion where the initial payment was only $1.07. Get home to set up the payments and 49 dollars had been added to the price of the furniture set for the rest of the initial payment which we were NEVER informed of by any employee. It is not even in the leasing agreement that we owe an additional amount. When I called customer service he basically said I had to pay the extra money and could not explain why. No one can explain to me why I have to pay extra from lack of communication from the store and leasing company to their customers They do not explicitly outline pricing in their leasing agreement. I am extremely dissatisfied with this company and will never do this again nor recommend that someone use them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I had the same experience as another customer. I was completely uninformed by the salesperson at Sprint. I was told that I could opt in for this plan, but up to $500 worth of accessories and they would pay me back and the payments to Progressive Leasing would stop. APPARENTLY NOT!!! Just found out there is a clause where I must opt out. Salesman was unaware. Needless to say, I got $500 worth of crap I didn't need (and some didn't work) and paid Progressive over $1200!!! They claim that is the convenience I opted for. I am so angry right now. Do not use them!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

This company is ridiculous. I was totally uninformed from the store clerk. They cover up their ridiculous fees by calling them "cost of leasing" to keep from being sued for charging over 100% interest rates. They should be ashamed of themselves. I was dumb for going through them but promise it will never happen again. People work hard for their money and it's a shame we have companies out there who function like this one.

Resolution response: Aug. 7, 2018

I had a gentleman call me from Progressive Leasing customer service today. They were concerend that I wasnt properly informed about the 90 day payout option and the financial impact that would occur if I didn't pay off my balance within the 90 days.

They are going to implement more training to ensure that their retail clients and employes' better help clients understand the lease agreement better.

They informed me they will be issuing a refund for the amount I was charged that exceeded my purchase price, do to the fact I wasnt properly informed about the lease agreement.

I am giving 5 stars for the excellent customer service and compassion the company showed with helping resolve this matter.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Please take the reviews seriously, it will save you a lot of money. It is very true, if you don't pay the full amount of your purchase within in 90 days they will double the price of your actual purchase. Companies should not recommend their clients to use such a shady business to finance their purchase. I purchased from Mattress Firm and they recommended Progressive Leasing for my purchase. I take full responsibility that I should of read the contract in more detail. I have paid for my error.

I will never go to Mattress Firm again for setting me up for a scam, they didn't care what happened to me after the purchase. I have done furniture purchases with Ashley furniture and had to finance my furniture, they use a company called Synchrony Bank for financing. I am almost done with this account and the whole process went smoothly. So, there are other honest companies out there to finance purchases. Companies should be more responsible who they recommend their customers use when trying to finance a purchase. Mattress Firm will never get my business again for sending me to a crook.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I bought two birthstone rings from my department store’s jewelers, they suggested Progressive Leasing because they didn’t have a payment plan. And I signed and now regret everything. They ask for full name, birthday, social security, and bank information. MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERY WORD OF THEIR LEASE AGREEMENT!!! If you do the 90-day Plan, MAKE SURE YOU STAY ON TOP OF IT, because as soon as you pass 90 days it DOUBLES the price. (Also pay 87 days before because it takes two to three days to process) I cannot stress enough that you need to be two steps ahead them. This is a legal scam and it takes its victims by the throat. Stay safe! (Caps are for emphasization.)

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have had several leases with Progressive. Paid them off and got another. I recently applied for a new lease and was denied, reason I was given, "Cannot identify". However when I first started I was told, "Congratulations your account is paid out." I called to find out what the problem was and was told I would have to wait a month before I could apply again. My son which has had an account before applied and was given the same reason. Could not identify. I have had good experience in the past, however my gut is telling me maybe I should leave them alone. The first response that I saw made me think there must be something going on with them. My next move is to check my credit, because they advertise no credit check.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was HIGHLY DISSATISFIED with the customer service and my purchase of a USED product. I purchased a twin/full bunk bed for my son. When the bed was delivered, the PADS that came with it did not last 3 days and the bed was scratched, dented and unacceptable. I called King Furniture on Perkins, who was going out of business, yet charging customers more than what the items cost.

Another mattress was delivered for the full and not the twin. I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING UNDER PROGRESSIVE LEASING! This company is not REPUTABLE at all and VERY MISLEADING! I was given at least 3 payoff amounts since the last payment was made. I was also being charged more than the payment per month, which was $53.70 and I was sending in $65.00 a month since day one. They went up on my payment amount to $63 and some change, even with the payments I was making, I should not have as high a payoff I did. After talking to reps on several occasions, they don't have the decency to understand the customer and just go along with whatever!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I knew going in it was going to be difficult due to my husband's medical bills from the past, but Progressive Leasing helped without making me feel as if I were begging. I did not start with the highest credit level, but increases are on the way. I know what I am getting, how much I am paying, and how to save money. It's no 0.0% financing, but it's a heck of a start. I recommend to everyone. Thanks Progressive Leasing!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have been a loyal customer and paid off many accounts with this company. I had placed the application have a jewelry store because I wanna to upgrade my ring but they only approved me for 600. I asked them why, because I've been approved for more in the past and I've paid off every account. All they had to say was, "I don't know. I'm sorry we can't help you but that's what you're being approved for." That's their loss. They could have gotten more money from me but they did not one to help me in any way. So I won't be doing business with them anymore. And the worst part they wouldn't let me talk to the supervisor or the people who make the decision so I could not get a reason which is unacceptable. Stay away from this company. They are horrible.

Progressive Leasing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Progressive Leasing helps retail stores and merchants obtain financing for their customers with less-than-perfect credit by offering an alternative to traditional financing. It offers a lease-to-own purchase program for stores to offer their customers as an additional payment option, ensuring they are able to leave the store with the purchase they came in for.

• Purchasing merchandise: Customers have two options for purchasing merchandise in your store: cash or credit. For customers who have less-than-perfect credit, obtaining financing may be hard or impossible. Progressive Leasing offers your customers a no-credit-needed program that comes with a 90-day payment plan.

• Business benefits: Using Progressive Leasing’s no-credit-needed payment option lets retailers and merchants accept more customers, increasing their sales numbers, reducing the number of layaways and increasing the number of repeat customers. Even is a customer has good credit, have Progressive Leasing’s 90-day payment plan gives your store another option to offer customers.

• Features: Progressive Leasing makes it easy for your customers to work with them by providing a simple, step-by-step process to ensure complete satisfaction. Customers will experience easy online applications, a seamless approval process and automated payments.

• Store portal: Progressive Leasing offers retailers and merchants an online store portal where they can log in and monitor the status of their customer’s purchases. It also includes retailer procedures and contact information for Progressive support.

• Request more information: If you are interested in learning more about Progressive Leasing’s program, you can fill out an online form with your store’s information. The form requests information like your stored website, how long it has been open and the type of merchandise you sell.

• Best for: retailers who want to offer their customers another payment option.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs