2.6/5 (277 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Progressive Leasing

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Progressive Leasing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: July 26, 2022

Every customer support call I've had has been splendid. Very lenient with payments as long as you are paying *obviously*. I've had 3 or 4 phone calls with this company. Each one of those calls, I had spoken to an ACTUAL representative and not a drone. They do what they can to make it as if you're speaking with a human and you ARE. Lovely people, lovely company, and all around great. I highly recommend. Also, they're not credit based. As someone about to be in their 20s with not the best credit score, it's the BEST option. Final Comment: Progressive Leasing! If you're reading this, then your customer support reps are immaculate!! I just got off the phone with Felice N. Wonderful experience. Thank you guys.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Had my refrigerator go kaput. Not something anyone plans for. Realizing that I would be paying more than double the product price over a year, I opted for the 90 day payoff. Talked to a super-nice representative and he set the wheels in motion... Less than 3 months later I own the new fridge, and couldn't be happier. You should know, going in, what your options are. The 90 day payoff is a large, weekly automatic-withdrawal from your checking/bank account. It hurts a little on your paycheck, no doubt, but it's worth it. The company provides fair, straightforward options for people with less than stellar credit.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Getting lease was an easy process. 5 to 10 minutes approved on a phone. Paid on it weekly for close to a year. I guess took the early buyout. Had issues. They didn't put it in the computer that was paid off. Kept trying to take payments out of my account. Wrestled with them for a few months. Finally worked with an Angel known as Melissa A. She was absolutely amazing at helping me get this all sorted out and taken care of so I didn't have to worry about it anymore. Other than that my experience with Progressive Leasing was good.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I had dealt with Progressive Leases for well over 3 years. i bought my first house. Was tight with money. Took a lease out. Was able to to get furniture a washer and dryer for my home. Good company to deal with. They set up my pay dates and I was on my way. The 90 day option is a choice as well.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I love this company. They are very, compassionate about what people go through. They also make sure you have the best payback options. I will shop with them again. I got my son's iPhone 13 Pro Max from them and the price was reasonable.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Been on the phone with Progressive Leasing for 3 1/2 hours. 6th person I talked to was very rude. I'll never use them again. Verification process is a joke. One person says 1 thing is acceptable another says it's not! Get your ** together! Unreal.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

As long as you keep your payments in the 90-day early payout option, you are good. But do not sign up for the 12 -month leasing option. It is a scam. I paid out my balance in a 90-day option and was still being charged each week. My initial balance was $1000. I paid $1100, and they were still trying to make me pay for another 12 months. The so-called supervisor I spoke to was rude and hung up on me... she did not know what she was doing anyway and when I asked her about my 2022 purchases, she danced all around the amounts because she did not want to tell me that I had already satisfied my balance. Rip off.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I applied and got the notification that more information was needed, so I sent in everything that was needed. A week later, still haven’t gotten an update so I got home from working a 16 hour shift and decided to call them because I was trying to get approved for Lowe’s so that I could get a heater for my home. I was on the phone with one woman for over an hour but she kept telling me that my driver's license and Social Security card was coming in black and white. She told me to figure out why my phone was taking black and white photos and then to call back. I got off the phone with her and called right back. I got on the phone with a second person and this time it lasted 17 minutes. He said they were busy and to call back in 20 to 30 minutes. Called back to talk to a third person!

This time the call lasted another hour and 7 minutes! The third guy told me that they got everything, and he got an approval but he had to call my bank to verify and he would call me back with an approval amount within the hour. I ended up falling asleep because I had just worked a 16 hour shift, drove my 2 and a half hour drive home from work and spent almost 3 hours on the phone with them. I woke up with a denial email. I was told several times by that guy that I had an approval but he never would tell me the amount. Just kept me on hold and to only lie to me and say he needed to call my bank before giving me an approval amount.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

This company has the worst customer service experience from the supervisors. Spoke with 2 supervisors and said they would return my call within 24 hrs. Didn’t receive a call back regarding my account. I have 2 account that payments were applied to. The supervisors are not very knowledgeable in handling escalation and providing valuable feedback. In order to have quality services in a corporation, one team lead must teach to grow in a corporation..

Resolution response: Nov. 16, 2022

We were finally able to get this resolved - I found a person that explains the actual steps they take etc. When the table FINALLY got returned, and I returned the other two new items, Progressive fixed the account, and I owe nothing. It would have been helpful for someone to explain things in the first place. (One person did explain how the actual rental works, such as "when you rent, we buy the item from Wayfair etc.", Well duh ok I get that, but I need to cancel lol). ANYway, maybe Prog will learn from this and update their info a little. I have learned a lesson too.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I've had several leases with Prog, and we pay ours off way early (know before you go!) Oct 4 I got a table with Wayfair, and then realized it was not going to work in the kitchen, and I wouldn't be able to get it in here by myself. So I canceled -- TRIED to cancel (ten mins after ordering it). Wayfair refused, and said I'd have to call Prog. I did that to no avail. Called again and got a person who transferred me to another person. She assured me it was OK, I don't have to buy something I can't use. She gave me an email address to use, told me what to tell them, and said she'd do same on her end.

Today, Oct 25, it was still not resolved. I finally used Wayfair chat this morning 10-25-22, who said the table was "in transit", but she did a return so it wouldn't even reach the house. I had to pay $133 for a return shipping fee. So please know before you sign. Because they tell you one thing, and you experience quite another. The lease should have been cancelled right away, no fuss.

Progressive Leasing author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Progressive Leasing helps retail stores and merchants obtain financing for their customers with less-than-perfect credit by offering an alternative to traditional financing. It offers a lease-to-own purchase program for stores to offer their customers as an additional payment option, ensuring they are able to leave the store with the purchase they came in for.

• Purchasing merchandise: Customers have two options for purchasing merchandise in your store: cash or credit. For customers who have less-than-perfect credit, obtaining financing may be hard or impossible. Progressive Leasing offers your customers a no-credit-needed program that comes with a 90-day payment plan.

• Business benefits: Using Progressive Leasing’s no-credit-needed payment option lets retailers and merchants accept more customers, increasing their sales numbers, reducing the number of layaways and increasing the number of repeat customers. Even is a customer has good credit, have Progressive Leasing’s 90-day payment plan gives your store another option to offer customers.

• Features: Progressive Leasing makes it easy for your customers to work with them by providing a simple, step-by-step process to ensure complete satisfaction. Customers will experience easy online applications, a seamless approval process and automated payments.

• Store portal: Progressive Leasing offers retailers and merchants an online store portal where they can log in and monitor the status of their customer’s purchases. It also includes retailer procedures and contact information for Progressive support.

• Request more information: If you are interested in learning more about Progressive Leasing’s program, you can fill out an online form with your store’s information. The form requests information like your stored website, how long it has been open and the type of merchandise you sell.

Progressive Leasing Company Information