2.15/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

57 Progressive Leasing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

After using UOWN for a purchase of a bed and living area and receiving fair service from the staff, I decided to purchase again and use them with the 90 quick payout just like I did the 1st time. After making additional payments on top of my regular payments, on April 30th 2018 I received a call that my account was delinquent which it was strange as I had funds in my account. I was notified that they changed the information from my bank account to my credit card WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I used my credit card to make the additional payments and my bank account to make the withdraws of the regular bi-weekly payments. I told the agent that at no point I had authorized this and all auto payments should come via ACH not CC.

The agent apologized and updated the info and ran the payment. OK... I thought everything was good, then I called in 5/5/18 asking what my balance was and the agent said it was $318. I told her if it was necessary to make an additional payment and she said no as long as the next two payments will come out I will still be with the 90 day quick pay and the account will close. WELL NOT TRUE.

Here I am a month later and owing them over $2000. They said the 90 option was voided and when I asked why they said for the late payment WHICH I NEVER PAID LATE. In fact I WAS MAKING EXTRA PAYMENTS SO HOW AM I LATE if additional payments were done and nowhere in the contract states that additional payments are not part of the regular payments and even though an additional payment was done a regular payment must be made. This is a very shady company and WOULD NOT recommend them... PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF of a headache. It is very sad to see how they have lied.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I used this company when buying a mattress. They do have the same shady tactics of a finance company, but once you understand that, you can get around them. I got a generous approval amount but used only 1/4. The key to not getting played is to call Progressive & have everything explained & set up a payment plan that fits your budget. They tell you the full cost + interest upfront (2 to 4 years high interest) which is a turn off to most but I find it refreshing since credit cards don't, so you don't realize how much you are overpaying for everything you finance! Their only requirement is that you pay something regularly. They do have a minimum, however they allow you to change the payment amount & date without penalty, which is epic! Of course pushing out payments benefits them because you keep accumulating interest, but you can give yourself breathing room if you have an emergency. Try doing that with a car or credit card payment!!

The staff is very helpful & non judgemental. They apparently are NOT on commission & will not bully you into paying a certain amount. This company gets a bad rep because the sales staff are either misinformed or outright lie to make the sale. For example, I was told no tax by sales but tax is included in the loan. I was told free delivery, but that was only online so the delivery charge was on my loan. I was told I would be billed 90 days same as cash, but you have to call and tell Progressive that you want to be billed that way, otherwise they will take out the minimum for a 2 or 4 year pay off, at high ** interest! Also you are not "billed" it is an eft debit from your checking account, which is mandatory!!!. These things are the fault of the store staff, who are feeding you this ** not the finance company.

I highly recommend that you DO NOT take the potential monthly payment that the sales person gives you as gospel & use the calculator on your phone. For example the salesman told me $48 a month for a $500 item with the 90 days same as cash option. And I said, "How can that be when 90 days is 3 months and $500/3 month is is $167, before interest?" Don't be fooled, do your own math.

Overall if you watch your money and budget to keep the payment amount in your account by the due date, this is a good way to get necessities if your credit has some hits. Plus the fact they send you text & email 7 days before they take the money out and you have up to 3 days before they do, to push the payment out 1 to 2 weeks. If you are prone to over drafting, then ask your bank to let you open a 2nd checking account just for bills and put the payment amount (or any other bills) in that. The small fee for the 2nd account ($8 to $12 per month) will save you hundreds in overdrafts and you will know the money in the 1st account is yours free & clear to spend.

So again, the company has high interest and is only available at shady companies with money back guarantees that have small print to where you don't really get all your money back or some other b.s like restocking fees. But that is the stupid tax you pay for not managing your finances better, or not making good career or health decisions, or just bad luck. At least Progressive has a few outs for people and doesn't take total advantage like prepaid debit cards and car financing. Don't get me started there!

I hope this review was helpful. I was not compensated for my opinion and I am not a Progressive Leasing current or former employee. I have no relationship with the company or anyone who works for them. Just a worker bee tryna hip you to the truth. If you decide to use Progressive Leasing, remember these 3 take always: 1. Do not believe the sales people about anything except the amount you are approved for. 2. Do not open your purchase until you talk to Progressive to get the real deal on what you really got yourself into. In most states you have 3 days or more to cancel a purchase for a FULL refund, no b.s., but the merchandise must be unopened or in original packaging (so beware of free set up offers or offers to test your purchase -- ie computers & phones. It's a scam to open the pkg & keep you from getting your money back when buyer's remorse sets in).

3. Make sure you love what you bought (If you don't open it you can up/downgrade the item more easily.), you can afford it and that you set aside the money for your payments by either monitoring your email & bank account or getting a 2nd bank acct for bills only. Thanks for reading. Watch your spending. Monitor your credit. Pay your bills on time as best you can. God bless America. Buyers beware!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Leasing Furniture - WOW!!! WHAT A SCAM!!! I bought a couch on sale for $600 and two $100 bar stools. They are taking $69 out of my account bimonthly. After 5 months I called to see what my balance was. $972!!! More than the furniture was to begin with. I WILL NEVER GO IN THERE AGAIN.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Please for the love of peanut butter... take these reviews seriously. I thought it was just people that don't pay and want something for free. NO... I'm telling you the TRUTH. They really are this horrible. I never felt compelled to write a review on a company that gave bad service before. I felt like the company shouldn't pay for one bad rep. This company is rotten to the core!!!

The payments for my Smith Machine was supposed to be weekly, everything was going fine and I thought to see it's just people that don't want to pay causing problems. Then I saw they started posting two payments a week. Now, for a fair and HONEST review, they would only collect one payment but they would post two. The issue with that is the bank is going to try to retrieve that money immediately until the vendor collects. If it's not available when it POST then that's an insufficient funds charge of $35.00. I was furious and tried to resolve it by sending the payments back and TRYING to log in and make the payments myself as a one-time payment weekly on the site. UMMM... NO, the web help was rude as hell (I AM NOT KIDDING) and unless.

THEY DID NOT HELP ME LOG IN TO MAKE PAYMENTS SO YOU CAN'T THINK I WILL JUST GET AROUND THEM AND USE THE SITE TO PAY ON TIME. Because of these issues I was fed up and called to have them pick the machine up. They transfer you to the scheduling and delivery department. I informed them I want to send it back, told them why and that I sent the payments back. The lady said she wanted to help; long story short we agreed that to the amount that I would pay to close the account. On 2/2/2018 I was to make a one-time payment with them over the phone for $865.20. I called and made the payment and received a paid in full email with zero owed.

They CALLED ME TODAY!!! saying I owe them 3 dollars and something cent!!! WHATTTTTTT??? Months later!!!! With we doing you a favor demeanor!!!! Called back and another person said I owe them 40 something dollars!!!! OUTRAGEOUS. The deal I made with them when I wanted to send the machine back is can't be revoked months after i held up to my end of the deal and paid it off!!! I told the lady about the payments I sent back. She calculated what I needed to pay to close the account. I paid it on time as agreed. Should be END OF STORY right? NOPE!!!! They have the nerve to say they are keeping my account to ** up my credit!!!

You have been warned!!! Making payments on time will NOT save you from this outrageous company. IMPORTANT When I SENT ONE PAYMENT BACK THIS IS ALL THE HONEST TRUTH SO PAY ATTENTION. They changed the name of the company three times to get the payment to go through again. They said to me, (and here is the proof) "You sent 4 payments back." But they trying to say I still owe one payment. But, the lady from shipping removed that one payment to save the account because of the way they handled my bank account.

Please forgive my caps, I am very upset because I tried to explain this to them and it fell on deaf ears. They will talk to you in a very condescending tone which will upset you to the highest level. Do yourself a favor. Go online and search for other leasing companies that are credit friendly. People that use them are not in the position to have them hold their credit over their heads to steal more money from them. The email says, "Paid in full", if I let them bully more money out of me now, who's to say they won't call again for more money!! I am sooooo upset. They waited months to contact me then they could have waited and not ruined my Mother's Day weekend by upsetting me so bad. Don't do it.

COMPANIES LIKE LEASEVILLE USE THEM!!! GOOGLE FOR COMPANIES THAT DO USE THEM. THERE ARE PLENTY. They need to act like they appreciate the business they get but as long as companies use them they will keep ripping you off so don't use Leaseville.com and check to make sure the company you use don't use them.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I was approved for 550 and I was trying to cover the downpayment and first month service with the rest of the loan amount. I'm paying it back. Why can't I use it all for what I want? No credit but, "We need your bank acct info, social and ID card." Lol. I don't think I'm using this loan place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: March 30, 2018

They told me it would be about 45$ more a month which seemed perfect. It was about 40$ more a WEEK. They told me it would only be about 20% more than the phone itself after the 90 day period. It was definitely more than double the phone cost if I let it go past 90 days. The lease is garbage. Such a scam. No wonder they don't credit check.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Applied to get me and my husband the new Samsung Galaxy S9 from Cricket. Applied with my info and was denied so we decided to use my husband's info since he makes more money and they denied him as well. They say they don't check your credit but I think they do. We make a decent amount of money each month and don't know why they would deny our application.

Updated on 04/09/2018: I left a review on March 28th telling of the bad service with this company. First they wanted a bank statement and I sent that, then they told me it wasn't detailed enough whatever that means. Today I get a call from a manager asking how she can fix things. I told her nothing unless you can get me approved then told her to never call my number again. They say they don't check your credit but it was on my credit report as a hard inquiry. Then last week when I was in cricket a guy got approved right there on the spot. I had to show proof of a bank statement but he didn't, WHAT THE HELL!

Original review: March 27, 2018

Well my experience has been great since the time I sign the papers and paid my 50 some dollars to start the lease. I was well-informed about the 90-day payoff which I did not do because of my own stupidity. Customer service is great and answers my call every time. The staff at Progressive Leasing also tries to help you with your issues. I hope they keep their great customer service and great leasing options not too many companies out there like this. I give them 5 stars for their great customer service and customer satisfaction.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I filled out the application in hopes to get a new laptop because I am an Owner Operator of an 18 wheeler and I need it to log into the load boards and my current laptop is on its last leg. I was originally Denied but the email instructed me to call and talk to them about it. So I called and was told I was denied but wasn't given any info as to why. She then instructed me that I needed to go to a link and complete a "Bank Verification" process which would help get my denial overturned. So I told her to email me the link and I completed it over while she was on the phone, she told me to call back in about 20-25 minutes and they would have more information.

So After doing the verification I called back and was told I was declined to due "Bank Activity" but the woman I spoke with would not tell me what that even mean nor would she attempt to put me on the phone with someone who could. All she kept doing was repeating "Denied" as if I didn't hear her the first time. I do not blame her for not knowing but I am unsatisfied with the way they do business with people and I will not be reapplying in 30 days when I am eligible. This is an outrageous business practice to not give any information to applicants so that we can correct anything that needs to be corrected to satisfy your application requirements. Seems to me that they do not care about anyone who does not automatically meet their requirements nor try to help in any way whatsoever.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I purchased a sofa and chair set with Progressive Leasing through my local Big Lots on 9/02. I called today to get the pay off total, I had calculated a balance of $386.73 after making 5 payments of 61.85 plus the initial payment of 51.60. My balance according to Progressive Leasing was $51.60 more than what I had calculated. Come to find out, what they don't tell you when you make the purchase and talk to the Progressive Leasing people at the store on the phone waiting for approval is that the first "initial payment" doesn't apply to your lease at all, it's just free money to them.

The rep today stated it's in the contract, section 2. PAYMENTS: A payment (the “Initial Payment”) of $49.00, plus sales tax of $2.60, totaling $51.60 is due when this lease is signed, and additional payments (“Recurring Payments”) of $58.74, plus sales tax of $3.11, totaling $61.85, are due every two weeks thereafter while the lease remains in force. On the day of purchase, the salesman said if you pay off the balance within 90 days it would be interest free, that all you have to pay today is $51.60 (based on total balance) and even if you have so-so credit they will finance it. (I believed it was an "initial payment" and would apply to the account balance).

After being put on hold and then hung up on my first call to Progressive, I called again and after requesting to speak to someone higher up. After extended talking I was offered a 50% reduction of the $51.60 = $25.80. I explained to Progressive that this practice is a ripoff, that people are being taken advantage of and being lied to. I would not recommend this business to anyone, it is fraud! There is a reason it is not BBB Accredited.

Original review: March 24, 2018

On December 10 of 2016, I purchased an iPhone 7 Plus at my local MetroPCS store, from there, we inquired about monthly payments to pay off the phone, which at the time was priced at the $765 at the time for the 32 GB model. We were recommended to using Progressive Leasing, but the seller did not briefly explain what had to be exactly done within 90 days, so we (my family and I) decided to go with the flow and pay at a weekly rate, and keep in mind we did not know how the 90 day program worked as it was not explained.

We realized that the retail price of the phone had already been reached and the other Progressive services fees had been added and we kept paying until around $1,300. I later realized that the company had been demanding a whopping $2000+ for a product that costed less than $1000 and since have stopped paying because it is totally uncalled for, especially for the interest rates. Do not use this company unless you want to pay for more than what you’re going to buy.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have used Progressive for 4 purchases. Every one of them was paid off in 90 days, so all I paid was a little more than the items' price. A small price to pay for not having stellar credit, but needing items. When you do the math, the additional amount you pay on a early 90 day pay off is NO different than interest on a high rate credit card balance. Those giving one star obviously didn't do the math or ask the proper questions. My only issue is there is NO positive marks on my credit report for any of the purchases, which they should be showing up. I will be aiming a fuss about that on the phone in the morning.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I purchase a mattress set from the Mattress Firm. I was told they used Progressive Leasing. However I was never informed about the interest rate. The total cost was $800. But after making 6 payments of $157 they told me that I still owed $1200. Their interest rates are you unserious. DO NOT BORROW FROM THEM!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I’ve used Progressive for YEARS! I’ve gotten probably 6 things from them and always paid it off in 90 days. I’ve never had any issues. I’m not sure why they have any complaints because I’ve had nothing but great experiences with the service and customer support. I guess if you can’t do the 90 days it might not be great but that’s not the company's fault.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I leased a couple things (tires and rims) through Progressive and chose the 90 day payout option so I wasn’t paying interest afterwards. I paid a couple payments before actually having the money to pay it off. When I finally got the money I chose to pay them off so I was a couple payments less than what I was when I was in the leases. So I paid the remaining amount stated as the 90 day payout and the following day I had another additional payment come out. The payment that came out was my original normal payment had I not paid it off when I did. So I thought well this is bizarre, I just paid them off and another payment comes out maybe it was a mistake and I’ll just see about a refund. Nope! I was highly mistaken when I called them.

They said they would issue a refund but it would reopen the account and I would have to continue to pay my normal payment. So of course I let them keep it so I didn’t have to continue to pay but I will never do another Progressive lease again. The customer service was also horrible. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. Sure it’s a great thing if you don’t have credit but in the end it just ends up being a complete rip-off. Also, when you call they put you on hold for at least 30 minutes to an hour before they actually get to you. Highly disappointed in this company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Please do Not ever use their services! 1. I bought 900$ of retail products I am now on the hook for 4,750$ and that number keeps climbing with their fluctuating interest rate which is in the neighborhood of 500% I imagine at this point... So far I have paid these clowns over 2,500$ for 900$ worth of products and still gonna have to pay another 2.500$ when all said and done... This company is used car salesman on steroids. Pure reptile behaviour... I'm not sure how they are even getting away with these rates but plan to talk with the BBB also local FBI office. 2. They do not report to the credit agencies for on time payments. Yet you better believe these snake ** clowns will be all over reporting to them if you decide not to allow any more extortion. Bottom line don't use this company for anything.

3. When you sign up you don't receive any paper work. It's all through e-mail and takes them a month to start sending you any info at all. The salesman try to push you into using these services like it's a good deal or something. Had I known the situation I'd be in with these bums I'd obviously just spent the 900$ off the top. The salesman make it seem like it's a line of credit you make realistic payments on and BUILD credit in the meantime. But NO it's the complete opposite. It's a MAFIA style extortion program that you get no reward for making on time payments and paying x5 the value. Pure insanity.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I would never recommend this place to anyone. Customer service sucks. Their service in general suck. They have no clue what they're are doing. They charge for their mistakes. They take money out of my account set up for automated payments. Then tell you're past due. HOW does that work. This place is a joke and unprofessional. This they said, "We need the last 4 digits of your phone number," give it to them. "Well we don't have that number." "Wait? You mean to tell me the main number I set up the account with you don't have to verify my account?" "Yes we do not have that number." Well Wow. Never recommend the overprice place to anyone. They charge you more and more for everything, little thing possible.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Progressive, you are no different from Rent-A-Center. I have never order from a such a place but I'm pretty familiar with their tactics. You overcharge the customer by an arm and a leg to make a profit. The taxes on the monthly payment alone don't make sense. Why are you taxing an item I supposedly paid for each month. A bed that cost 1000 in store cost me 1325 with Progressive Leasing, plus $59 to get started with the application. Early payout was $1400 and change. Without 90 day payout, the item would cost almost double, 2300 and change. Also, if you calculate the taxes each month, you are paying so much more than you think. Real scam. Save your money, go to the stores and buy direct. You will end up saving in the long run. Plus the item will always be there. I wish I had did my research before getting involved. Recently tried to do the early payout. Paid $766 and $68 in taxes alone. Total scam.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Pay off in 3 months and this is a great program. I have bought larger pieces of furniture through big lots using Progressive Leasing. I tried it out on a smaller item first... To make sure everything would go just as they said it would. And it did. I made sure to go online and pay every month or paycheck until the 90 days were done and my item was paid in full. So I applied again and this time for larger items. 2 sets of bunk beds and mattresses. I made sure I could afford the monthly payment to pay it off in 90 days. So far so good. If you don't pay it though the interest is ridiculous. But pay it off in 90 days... You're good to go!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

These people will steal your money, don't do business with them, one payment didn't go through but they didn't call me about the issue instead they sent me an email saying it was paid off, a month and a week later they are charging me the payment and fees. They blame my bank for it, if they would have notified me within a week or at least 2 I would have avoided their stupid fees, oh and bad customer service. They will rip you off. Don't do it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I bought a computer thru Progressive Leasing but wasn't satisfied with my purchase and their customer service was great and let me return the items at no cost to me. Zero hassle and voices over the phone. I will definitely be using them again when I find the right computer for me.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a item using Progressive Leasing in September and was told I would get a info packet ten days after my purchase. I called in October asking about the payments and they could not give me any info because they said they did not get the purchase info from the store. Called a couple times after that. And November 22, TWO MONTHS after my purchase, I called and they said they still do not have any info about my purchase and I should contact my store about it. First off, why should I have to call anyone for money I owe you!

So finally, December 2 I get a email that my payments have started, and will be withdrawn Dec 4! NO WARNING AT ALL! And when I called Dec 6 the rep named Dakota, said they got my info from the store November 1 and that’s when my plan started. Again, I called Nov 22 and was told they didn’t! So after a long debate after complaining Dakota didn’t budge and just apologized for the mistake! And also I lost 30 days from my pay in 90 days and no interest is added! So Dakota's “solution” to that is I have to pay $100 and I get a extra 30 days to pay in cash interest free. I know this is a long review, and I could go on. Bottom line, Progressive Leasing is not a trusting service and I’m still waiting to see if they will make up for THEIR mistake but it will never happen and once I pay this off, Progressive Leasing will never see another penny of my money or the store who gave me the confidence to use Progressive Leasing either!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

From day 1, not 1 person I've talked to at Progressive has told me false or misleading information. First, a year ago when it took over an hour to receive a quote. I received a quote from one person, then when I called back my information was lost and I had to repeat my information again, plus my quote went up! It was still cheaper than State Farm so I agreed to give Progressive a shot. 1 month into my policy, my cost goes up because they found out about my accident which I had disclosed in our initial call, very clearly.

Very dissatisfied, once my policy was up, I cancelled my 4-person policy and went with Ca Casualty due to my new employee discount. Then when I tried to call for another quote for my parents only, the number I called which I got from the website, led me to claims, which then had to transfer me to sales! Finally, when I asked the saleslady for the sales number, she told me it was 1-800-Progressive- she could not even spell this out for me and Progressive is 11 numbers! It's actually 1-800-Pro-gres! Dum Dum. This lady's name was Lisa, I just spoke with her around 11am PST, 12/1.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I bought a mattress from them but the mattress they showed to me is totally different. Is too soft now. I'm suffering from sciatic nerves. I can't sleep well. I call this them 4 Times. I email them too but no answer.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My experience with Progressive was amazing. The products I really wanted were available and at a reasonable price. The customer service was very helpful and patient, they had a very nice personality and everything was done very fast. I really liked my first time dealing with Progressive and I know it won't be my last. I have already recommended some of my co-workers to try it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Providing this review on behalf of my son: My son "bought" a speaker/amp combo from the Federal Way Cartoys in July 2017. The salesman explained the price of $1,385.74 if paid off in 90 days. My son agreed because he's in school and was only working for the summer break. The guy set the weekly payment but set it for a 12 month period, and not 3 months. My son says the guy never told him that he would need to change the payment himself to reflect a 90 day payoff. He called at 90 days for a payoff and found out he hadn't been paying enough, so the amount he owed had doubled. I read the contract and his options were to keep it and pay or return the merchandise, so he decided to return it. I listened in on the calls so I could know what needed to be done. We have been on the phone multiple (and I do mean multiple times) with these people.

Initially we were told to take it back to CarToys: can't do that. Then we were told they would arrange a 3rd party to pick it up once it was removed, and to provide a picture of the merchandise to an email once my son got the call to "verify the merchandise being picked up". That call never came. We call back and are told there's no one to pick it up and we'd need to ship it with a provided label, but we'd have to find a box. At the post office I'm told the box is too big to ship Priority (the label provided). I Call Progressive and they say they don't have any other label available. Now I'm told to email the pictures in order to get a call for pickup. So I immediately send the email. My son then gets a call days later saying they will only send a label; no pick up. No label received, so my son calls and is told he needs to provide the measurements of the speaker and amp before they will send a label. WTH!!!

Meanwhile, they said my son has until 11/11 to return it or they'll start charging him again. We've been trying to return this stuff since the end of September. The major issue is the lack of information give to customers, at purchase and when trying to return items, and the amount of time it has taken to get any information (be it misleading or correct) from them. And the only ones who benefit is Progressive. My son is new to this but I am not new to the scam.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I went into Ashley furniture store in need of bed sets for my kids. Their original bed sets were falling apart and with the money I had left I decided to give Ashley’s a try. They were great up until trying to find me a finance company, I had been there for maybe 5 plus hours in this process. After rigging my account to make the final sale, Progressive Leasing is who financed my bed sets after it were all said I’m done. Financed me for 2,000 and 4,000 in total. I’ve been paying 174.36 bi-weekly since March. I’ve been calling them since I started paying on my account they are very crooked. I wish I took the time out to look more into who financed me. Their ratings are terrible!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Wanted to get my wife an upgrade at Kay’s. Credit was shot, so they offer a leasing program, applied for it and got approved. After leaving with the ring and sitting down having dinner with my wife, I received an email from Progressive of the payment plan. We looked over at it several times and realized the total was higher than ring was worth. (405.41 for 13 months). The next morning we return the merchandise. Progressive gets one star from us for trying. Never makes a decision when you’re desperate.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I recently financed a mattress from Mattress Firm and decided to upgrade from the $700 I was initially going to get to a $1200 mattress. I did not have the money but I know my credit is decent enough to finance so I did. I was told I had 1 year to pay off the, let's call it $1300 after taxes. They immediately started deducting money from my bank account on payday which wasn't a problem until I sat and thought about how much I was paying vs the frequency of payments.

I called Progressive Leasing to inquire about the charges and I was told by "Dave" I was paying $2400 for my mattress and their "leasing fee" (100% interest). After a very brief exchange with him I asked for a supervisor and he then connected me to "Sue" who only apologized for the misunderstanding and continuously reiterated "you signed the lease agreement" which I never argued. After explaining to her that I signed under the pretense of paying the $1300 she only replied "you signed the lease agreement." After a few more minutes of back and forth she says "all I can do for you is give you a 30 day extension without the extension fee." If I could reach through the phone and choke her I'm pretty sure I would have. After all the FLIPPING headache I now have another 30 days to pay off my mattress. Moral of this story DO NOT USE PROGRESSIVE LEASING!!! You're better off selling a kidney on eBay.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have used this company on 4 different occasions with 2 different stores and I must admit my payments was low and they provided different options to pay off at any time. Application process is easy. Customer service is friendly and courteous. Will definitely use again and will definitely refer to friends and family because it is cheaper than going to a rental place.

Progressive Leasing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Progressive Leasing helps retail stores and merchants obtain financing for their customers with less-than-perfect credit by offering an alternative to traditional financing. It offers a lease-to-own purchase program for stores to offer their customers as an additional payment option, ensuring they are able to leave the store with the purchase they came in for.

• Purchasing merchandise: Customers have two options for purchasing merchandise in your store: cash or credit. For customers who have less-than-perfect credit, obtaining financing may be hard or impossible. Progressive Leasing offers your customers a no-credit-needed program that comes with a 90-day payment plan.

• Business benefits: Using Progressive Leasing’s no-credit-needed payment option lets retailers and merchants accept more customers, increasing their sales numbers, reducing the number of layaways and increasing the number of repeat customers. Even is a customer has good credit, have Progressive Leasing’s 90-day payment plan gives your store another option to offer customers.

• Features: Progressive Leasing makes it easy for your customers to work with them by providing a simple, step-by-step process to ensure complete satisfaction. Customers will experience easy online applications, a seamless approval process and automated payments.

• Store portal: Progressive Leasing offers retailers and merchants an online store portal where they can log in and monitor the status of their customer’s purchases. It also includes retailer procedures and contact information for Progressive support.

• Request more information: If you are interested in learning more about Progressive Leasing’s program, you can fill out an online form with your store’s information. The form requests information like your stored website, how long it has been open and the type of merchandise you sell.

• Best for: retailers who want to offer their customers another payment option.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs