Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.80/5

Progressive Leasing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: July 22, 2020

Great way for those with a subpar credit to get what they want Now rather than wait a year to save. I found Progressive Leasing To be more pleasant to work with than finance companies when I had excellent credit. It was so easy I was shocked. I desperately needed a laptop computer and found one at Best Buy for a very, very reasonable price as a refurbished unit. Of course refurbished units are first come first serve so I needed to act fast when I found a reasonably priced one that was a great reputable brand. Progressive was friendly, super fast, super easy, non-judgemental and empathetic. I certainly didn’t feel as if I am subpar credit! I will be paying the laptop off before 90 days so it will be same as cash.

I notice a lot of the reviews that are not so good on here or from those people who either didn’t pay within 90 days, so why they are surprised by the total amount they have to pay is beyond me because it was clearly explained when I took the lease out Or those that missed payments which is also beyond me because it was also clearly explained That I would be paying a much higher price for a laptop versus if I paid it off early or went with a different type of creditor. It was so easy, all I did was speak to the company for about 10 minutes. I will use them again certainly and I am so grateful that they help me get what I need right now. As long as you listen when the terms are explained this is an awesome way to get what you need when you need it. Thanks Progressive!

Original review: April 6, 2020

Easily Leased mattress with Progressive Leasing, my credit is fair, and I needed a new mattress desperately. Jerome’s here in Fountain Valley, CA offered this lease Pgm to help me, yes percentage rate high, but they gave me 90 days to pay back same as cash and or early buy out. I was able to have the mattress I wanted delivered same day, application was easy, automatic payments every pay day made things much more less stressful, after 6 months I did early buy out and the mattress is now mine. Not the same amt paid if I would of done the 90 days same as cash, paid a bit more of course, but was prorated the amount to additional time.

They offer an easy online and mobile application to easily see all my account info, including early buy out amount, due date of next payment, lease agreement, etc, excellent way to keep track, all the information needed directly in front of me, another business similar (RAC) I’ve dealt with hid buy out amt, amt if completed full lease amt, & was not easy to use.

I needed assistance over the phone, got a live voice after several mins on hold, lady who helped me gave me the best customer assistance I’ve ever experienced, she was professional, knew her job well, listened and went above and beyond for me, didn’t feel rushed at all, treated me like a human being and not just another number or person, and helped my situation, so sorry I forgot her name. I would definitely recommend Progressive Leasing to family and friends and repeat business with them again.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I had purchased a mattress from Mattress City in Everett Wa in 2019. Gary the salesmen there told me that I would only be paying $1,000 for the mattress through Progressive Leasing after the payments had been completed. He said that he was going to set me up on auto pay and that way I wouldn't miss any payments and that I would not pay any more than $1,000. He told me that the payments were monthly and that I would only be paying $88.98 a month. I was happy to get a new mattress and agreed to what he had promised.

Fast forward to yesterday March 23rd 2020. With the current pandemic my fiancé and I had started paying a little more attention to our bank account and I soon became enraged when I found out I had been paying by weekly the $88.98. After further investigation I had found out that Gary the salesmen from mattress city had completely lied to me about the lease contract that he explained to me. When I had signed the documents at the mattress store I had sign electronically through a pos pin pad. The contract was not in front of me and Gary "explained" everything verbally. I was young and dumb, he was older and he saw the opportunity to take advantage of me just to grab a quick sale.

To this date I had already paid $978.78 (11 payments of $88.98 since September) so when I logged into my progressive account I was in for another big surprise, not only was I lied to about the monthly payments but I also found out that I still owed an additional $1,334.64. I was shocked and I was extremely upset that someone would take advantage of me in this way. I ended up going to the mattress store and told the manager about what had happened and she explained that there was nothing that they could do even after threatening to take legal action.

I knew it was not progressive leasing's fault but I decided to call and explain the situation. I simply could not afford a $2,300 mattress. While on the phone with the customer service representative I explain the situation and they decided to waive the remaining $1,300 that I owed because of the situation that I had gone through. I was in tears when they gave me the news. I am so extremely grateful for what progressive leasing and their employees had done for me and I will never forget this. I highly recommend doing business with this company. What they did for me is unheard of and they deserve to be recognized for it. The employees that I spoke with were two representatives by the names of Demi and Chris. I also asked to speak with a supervisor afterwards to express my appreciation, her name was Aaron. All three were exceptionally helpful, understanding and kind. Thank you so so much to these three and God bless you all.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I know that the fact that I don’t have good credit that I will be paying more for things to get financing, that is something I have come to terms with. I used them a few years ago to buy a computer and I was happy with the outcome. I borrowed $700 the first time (that is all that I was approved for) and it covered the cost of what I wanted. I still have the computer and now I’m buying a brand new one and I was approved for $1875 (won’t spend that much, lol). I think I got approved for more money because I went through my first contract without missing any payments.

After the 1st computer was paid for I haven’t had any issues with them charging me money or anything. They still had my checking account info because when I did my second application the account info was already populated. I have never had to contact them except when I Had a problem setting up my online account. I love that they are here for those of us that have credit problems. And paying more to borrow because of bad credit is a fact of life that everyone needs to come to grips with. If you deleted all of the “they charge too much” bad ratings they would probably have 99% 5 star ratings.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I just went through a divorce and had no furniture for my new place. They approved me and my crap credit with no problems. I took the 90 day sac option. I probably called them 3-4 times because of my terrible money managing skills and asked them to please move my final payment date back without charging me the $4k in extra interest for not paying my last 90day sac payment as agreed.

I’m starving music artist singer songwriter and trying to relaunch and rebrand my successful business. I stopped working in one state due to health problems and a divorce in the new state I moved to. So trying to manage money with all these balls rolling in my life and health issues and being in my own for the first time and I didn’t have to ever worry about money as much before was very very hard for me. The people at this company was nothing but kind to me every time and I’m so grateful for this company! When I make it in my music career I literally want to be your spokesperson lol. That’s how much I love you guys!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

They sent a guy, with no mask on, to my home to inquire - in the middle of a pandemic. This type of behavior by an organization is DISGUSTING. They refuse to do anything via email and only will do things over the phone. They call you hundreds of times per week from different numbers. You pick up and they never state who they are - they always say your name and try to get you to say "yes" - this company is predatory and I will never do any business with them again nor recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I used Progressive Leasing in 2015 when purchasing a bed. Provided the company with my checking account info to authorize ACH payments. I paid it off within 90 days. In June 2020, I purchased a mattress & opted to use the 90day lease option again. I signed the contract, made initial payment in store & provided the retailer with a new debit card that's currently linked to my new checking account with a different bank. When Progressive didn't withdraw funds on the due date, I created an online account on Progressive Leasing's website for the first time.

I went to look online to see what was going on with my account & to my surprise, Progressive had stored my banking routing and checking account numbers of 2 old bank accounts in their system from the past purchase 5 years ago. Progressive attempted to draft funds from the old account. I checked the account on 7/20/20 & was charged a return fee of $32.00 by the bank. I called Progressive Leasing's Customer Service on 7/27/20 & spoke to Jane. I explained everything. She started talking in circles.

This rep didn't take ownership nor acknowledge the issue, didn't take. She only requested that I give her another checking account number to replace the old info. I told her that it should not have been sitting in their database. No one was authorized to attempt a withdrawal from the old account & I requested that I would be reimbursed the Return Fee of $32. At this point, I was frustrated & tired of going back & forth with Jane. I asked for a manager. She placed me on a long hold. She returned & asked me for new checking account number. Which made no sense.

They already had the debit card on file. So I gave her the checking account number that is linked to the same card that they just received a payment from. Jane advised that I would my $32 would be returned to my checking account. I told her that I don't want them to ever use my outdated bank info again to draft payment. I have checked my accounts. I haven't been reimbursed. I checked my mailbox. No reimbursement check. Progressive Leasing was wrong & their customer service rep dropped the ball. I would advise anyone that does business with them to be cautious & check everything. When closing an account, make sure they don't save your financial info. I will have this account PIF by September & I'll never deal with them again.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Our refrigerator went out and we needed one immediately. My husband and I were not advised by ‘Conn’s Appliances’ that you can’t have an account with ACE Metabank and we we’re told that credit wouldn’t be considered because it’s not based off of credit in anyway (I told the Sales Agent my husband didn’t want to do anything dealing with a hard or soft credit pull because we’re working on our credit). Long story short, they did a soft credit pull anyway and he was also denied because he has a Metabank account.

I offered my banking account that’s accepted and it was denied too. My husbands denial letter came, I called them but they wouldn’t give me specifics when the denial letter he received states to call in and you can write a letter asking for specifics about the denial reasons (they’re vague in their response reason). Now, we’re about to pay cash for a $1700.00 fridge. We’re about to deal with everything on our credit and never again will I do business with ‘Conn Appliances’ via Progressive because if they had told us in the beginning that Progressive didn’t take ACE/Metabank my husband never would’ve went through this process and just simply paid cash for the fridge instead.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Representative Cruz was amazing, thank you guys for helping me. Progressive is awesome, help me save, they also helped me push back payments difficult times were living in good company. Thank you guys! Progressive the way to go.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Customer Service is great! 90 day pay off option has very low fees, and I can shop for almost anything I need! Big Lots is local, or you can shop online at places like Dell, Lowe's, Best Buy and others! So easy to apply, and the staff is always eager to help! There are a lot of times, especially now, that paying for something big all at once isn't easy or possible. Progressive makes it manageable!

Progressive Leasing author review by ConsumerAffairs

Progressive Leasing helps retail stores and merchants obtain financing for their customers with less-than-perfect credit by offering an alternative to traditional financing. It offers a lease-to-own purchase program for stores to offer their customers as an additional payment option, ensuring they are able to leave the store with the purchase they came in for.

• Purchasing merchandise: Customers have two options for purchasing merchandise in your store: cash or credit. For customers who have less-than-perfect credit, obtaining financing may be hard or impossible. Progressive Leasing offers your customers a no-credit-needed program that comes with a 90-day payment plan.

• Business benefits: Using Progressive Leasing’s no-credit-needed payment option lets retailers and merchants accept more customers, increasing their sales numbers, reducing the number of layaways and increasing the number of repeat customers. Even is a customer has good credit, have Progressive Leasing’s 90-day payment plan gives your store another option to offer customers.

• Features: Progressive Leasing makes it easy for your customers to work with them by providing a simple, step-by-step process to ensure complete satisfaction. Customers will experience easy online applications, a seamless approval process and automated payments.

• Store portal: Progressive Leasing offers retailers and merchants an online store portal where they can log in and monitor the status of their customer’s purchases. It also includes retailer procedures and contact information for Progressive support.

• Request more information: If you are interested in learning more about Progressive Leasing’s program, you can fill out an online form with your store’s information. The form requests information like your stored website, how long it has been open and the type of merchandise you sell.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team