2.6/5 (272 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Progressive Leasing

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Progressive Leasing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: July 26, 2022

Every customer support call I've had has been splendid. Very lenient with payments as long as you are paying *obviously*. I've had 3 or 4 phone calls with this company. Each one of those calls, I had spoken to an ACTUAL representative and not a drone. They do what they can to make it as if you're speaking with a human and you ARE. Lovely people, lovely company, and all around great. I highly recommend. Also, they're not credit based. As someone about to be in their 20s with not the best credit score, it's the BEST option. Final Comment: Progressive Leasing! If you're reading this, then your customer support reps are immaculate!! I just got off the phone with Felice N. Wonderful experience. Thank you guys.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Had my refrigerator go kaput. Not something anyone plans for. Realizing that I would be paying more than double the product price over a year, I opted for the 90 day payoff. Talked to a super-nice representative and he set the wheels in motion... Less than 3 months later I own the new fridge, and couldn't be happier. You should know, going in, what your options are. The 90 day payoff is a large, weekly automatic-withdrawal from your checking/bank account. It hurts a little on your paycheck, no doubt, but it's worth it. The company provides fair, straightforward options for people with less than stellar credit.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Getting lease was an easy process. 5 to 10 minutes approved on a phone. Paid on it weekly for close to a year. I guess took the early buyout. Had issues. They didn't put it in the computer that was paid off. Kept trying to take payments out of my account. Wrestled with them for a few months. Finally worked with an Angel known as Melissa A. She was absolutely amazing at helping me get this all sorted out and taken care of so I didn't have to worry about it anymore. Other than that my experience with Progressive Leasing was good.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I had dealt with Progressive Leases for well over 3 years. i bought my first house. Was tight with money. Took a lease out. Was able to to get furniture a washer and dryer for my home. Good company to deal with. They set up my pay dates and I was on my way. The 90 day option is a choice as well.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I been with this company for 10 yrs. Each time I used them my credit limit increased and it took less than 20 minutes to process my application. Everyone I ever spoke with were kind and very professional.. I have read the comments and very surprised to have read some of the reviews. I always chose to pay 90 days same as cash and never had any issues. It's been 3 yrs since I used them last, and will be needing their assistance again in the coming months. They're there to help those who don't have credit worthiness then allow you to purchase items you may need if you don't have cash in hand.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I have had 4 loans through this company. Never had a problem until now. I paid off one of my loans for 1700 dollars and tried for a new loan. Got declined because my other account is delinquent due to a customer service representative pushed one of my payments and said it would just be a double payment at the end of the loan. That wasn't correct and now I am being pushed for their representative giving the wrong information to me. I will not being doing business with this company no longer.

Original review: July 27, 2022

This company is very deceptive. I purchased a lawn mower $3000 and used Progressive Leasing. Got lawn mower on 18th of month and Progressive wanted a payment 12 days after getting mower. No lease works this way and this is not what I understood was going to happen. Rep who I worked with totally misled me. Said payment would not be due until the next month. Also said the only way to make payment was by auto debit, which I find out after the fact that you can call or go online and make a payment. Also payment amount was set up for 12 months and once they add their excessive interest amount for 12 months they get $2500 on top of my $3000 purchase amount. Monthly payment set up to be $460.00, that's a car payment. 2 times they took out payment and overdrew my account, 1st payment was 12 days after receipt of mower, which is not what I understood would happen.

Then they tell you that they report to credit bureaus, but then come to find out they don't. I am so fed up with this company, they are very deceptive and take advantage of a consumer that has less than perfect credit. Also you get different stories from every different rep you speak to. This company needs to be sued again. As of today, I found out they were sued back in 2020 for the same deceptive actions against the consumer. I am sure they come in handy for smaller purchases but stay away from them for bigger purchases unless of course you don't care that they are going to charge you twice the amount. With what they are charging in interest, I could purchase 2 mowers. Make up your own mind, but don't be fooled by this company like I was. In my eyes, they are not such a great option.

Original review: July 18, 2022

We just paid off our 3rd lease through Progressive. If you go a full year you'll pay more than double for what you're buying. So it's nice they have early purchase options. Sucks that they don't report to credit bureaus. All your payments are either on time or early because they automatically withdrawal.

Original review: July 17, 2022

I made a payment early figuring to just get it out of the way. They still to scheduled payment 2 days later. Called customer service and they said 10 days they would refund first payment. Three months later still haven't seen it. Definitely won't pay early again.

Original review: July 11, 2022

STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I attempted a purchase at Ashley furniture who bungled my order and basically tried to charge me double for the product. It took 30 days to get resolution from Progressive and if you call, the wait time is 45 minutes to speak to someone. When Ashley calls them from the store, they speak to someone right away. The resolution I got today was they closed my account with them and refunded the 1 payment they took from my account. I NEVER RECEIVED MERCHANDISE AT ALL.

Progressive is now telling me that my down payment is not refundable because I returned the merchandise. But, I never had possession of the merchandise. Ashley committed fraud in placing my order, and now progressive has stolen $50 of my hard earned money. IT TOOK 30 DAYS AND MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS AND A TRIP TO THE STORE TO GET TO THIS POINT. Once this company has your banking information they will extract money from your account as they wish. No one is stopping them.

Progressive Leasing author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Progressive Leasing helps retail stores and merchants obtain financing for their customers with less-than-perfect credit by offering an alternative to traditional financing. It offers a lease-to-own purchase program for stores to offer their customers as an additional payment option, ensuring they are able to leave the store with the purchase they came in for.

• Purchasing merchandise: Customers have two options for purchasing merchandise in your store: cash or credit. For customers who have less-than-perfect credit, obtaining financing may be hard or impossible. Progressive Leasing offers your customers a no-credit-needed program that comes with a 90-day payment plan.

• Business benefits: Using Progressive Leasing’s no-credit-needed payment option lets retailers and merchants accept more customers, increasing their sales numbers, reducing the number of layaways and increasing the number of repeat customers. Even is a customer has good credit, have Progressive Leasing’s 90-day payment plan gives your store another option to offer customers.

• Features: Progressive Leasing makes it easy for your customers to work with them by providing a simple, step-by-step process to ensure complete satisfaction. Customers will experience easy online applications, a seamless approval process and automated payments.

• Store portal: Progressive Leasing offers retailers and merchants an online store portal where they can log in and monitor the status of their customer’s purchases. It also includes retailer procedures and contact information for Progressive support.

• Request more information: If you are interested in learning more about Progressive Leasing’s program, you can fill out an online form with your store’s information. The form requests information like your stored website, how long it has been open and the type of merchandise you sell.

Progressive Leasing Company Information