2.6/5 (264 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Progressive Leasing

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Progressive Leasing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I am a new customer with Progressive Leasing with that being said. I have called this company several times to set up 90 day Buyout and the ladies are Super Super Nice. They handle themselves very well with very soft spoken voice. Explains the program step by step and seem to love their job. It really puts a smile on my face whenever I call. Amazing customer service skills❤️. I am delighted to do service with this company. My buyout is March 2021 and I’m looking forward to doing business with this company. Happy Holidays Progressive???? Great job Brandy & Janet. ???? FYI to whom trained the young ladies good job????

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Bought a 10k 2 toned yellow/white gold chain from Zales. Total cost was 6,500. With Progressive Leasing I was able to get the chain paying it off with easy affordable payments. Few months later went back and got an engagement 4c total diamond weight for 7,000. Never any hassle. Quick, easy absolutely the best for hard working middle class people like myself. I’ve recommended everyone I run into about this company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I applied for progressive leading, obtain an approval for $650 - Helzberg. Went to the store, rep was able to increase to $750. Great customer service, made my payments, was able to extend my loan —cash(90 days) for additional $100. Paid jewelry off. Went to Re-apply, was told I was denied, even though I made all payments on time, work for same job. Denial letter states in consistent pay.. Well, yes, I was getting bonus increase pay, which came separately from my normal pay. When I go to call, the system automatically blocks me saying I need to wait 30 days. Stop letting the computer run everything...

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I purchased a sectional couch from Ashley Furniture using Progressive Leasing, in April 2020. In June I finally received a delivery date for the couch, 3 weeks later I received a call my delivery date was moved to the end of July. I then canceled my order. My account with Progressive still reflects I purchased the couch and is 2k past due. I can’t purchase elsewhere because this is showing that far past due, which I am not. It is now November 2nd and still showing I own this past due amount for a couch I never received.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Provide prompt service and offer various financials to meet your needs. They treat customers with respect! They have multiple means of communication for their customers. Offer financing for all budgets.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Make sure the item you want to lease is qualifying. Just a waste of time to bother with. No straight answers from Progressive Leasing or the store - ended up wasting a lot of time and wasn’t until checkout that it wasn’t approved. Talk to your bank instead.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

This company is not worth dealing with. I advise anyone to learn from me. They continue to tax you on your payments. You have already paid taxes for your items when you purchased them and they tax you again with each payment. Plus if you go the full 12 month term you will end up paying double.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Application process quick and smooth with a fair lease amount approved. They have kept in touch through email offering assistance if needed. Phone conversations always helpful and pleasant. I am thankful for Progressive, because of them, I have been able to improve my home decor and other needs despite my current financial situation, and I love their 90 day payoff with no additional fees. Honestly, I can't comprehend this company not having a 5 star rating across the board on every platform. I have friends who have also used progressive leasing and love them just as much as I do. I have not had one bad experience to date. I am looking forward to an ongoing account with progressive and give them the highest of recommendation to anyone! ☆☆☆☆☆

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I was told my monthly payments would be a bit over $70 then it went up and up. Now it’s $120 and that’s taxed! Which is a bit over $130 mthly. And they withdraw 2 -3 days before the payment is due so make sure you have cash in your bank or there goes your overdraft fees! Also make sure you pay it off in 90 days or you will be paying 3 times the price of whatever you got. Otherwise, I do appreciate this company. Helped me to get a newer w/d se with a deposit under $100????

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

They sent a guy, with no mask on, to my home to inquire - in the middle of a pandemic. This type of behavior by an organization is DISGUSTING. They refuse to do anything via email and only will do things over the phone. They call you hundreds of times per week from different numbers. You pick up and they never state who they are - they always say your name and try to get you to say "yes" - this company is predatory and I will never do any business with them again nor recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I used Progressive Leasing in 2015 when purchasing a bed. Provided the company with my checking account info to authorize ACH payments. I paid it off within 90 days. In June 2020, I purchased a mattress & opted to use the 90day lease option again. I signed the contract, made initial payment in store & provided the retailer with a new debit card that's currently linked to my new checking account with a different bank. When Progressive didn't withdraw funds on the due date, I created an online account on Progressive Leasing's website for the first time.

I went to look online to see what was going on with my account & to my surprise, Progressive had stored my banking routing and checking account numbers of 2 old bank accounts in their system from the past purchase 5 years ago. Progressive attempted to draft funds from the old account. I checked the account on 7/20/20 & was charged a return fee of $32.00 by the bank. I called Progressive Leasing's Customer Service on 7/27/20 & spoke to Jane. I explained everything. She started talking in circles.

This rep didn't take ownership nor acknowledge the issue, didn't take. She only requested that I give her another checking account number to replace the old info. I told her that it should not have been sitting in their database. No one was authorized to attempt a withdrawal from the old account & I requested that I would be reimbursed the Return Fee of $32. At this point, I was frustrated & tired of going back & forth with Jane. I asked for a manager. She placed me on a long hold. She returned & asked me for new checking account number. Which made no sense.

They already had the debit card on file. So I gave her the checking account number that is linked to the same card that they just received a payment from. Jane advised that I would my $32 would be returned to my checking account. I told her that I don't want them to ever use my outdated bank info again to draft payment. I have checked my accounts. I haven't been reimbursed. I checked my mailbox. No reimbursement check. Progressive Leasing was wrong & their customer service rep dropped the ball. I would advise anyone that does business with them to be cautious & check everything. When closing an account, make sure they don't save your financial info. I will have this account PIF by September & I'll never deal with them again.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Our refrigerator went out and we needed one immediately. My husband and I were not advised by ‘Conn’s Appliances’ that you can’t have an account with ACE Metabank and we we’re told that credit wouldn’t be considered because it’s not based off of credit in anyway (I told the Sales Agent my husband didn’t want to do anything dealing with a hard or soft credit pull because we’re working on our credit). Long story short, they did a soft credit pull anyway and he was also denied because he has a Metabank account.

I offered my banking account that’s accepted and it was denied too. My husbands denial letter came, I called them but they wouldn’t give me specifics when the denial letter he received states to call in and you can write a letter asking for specifics about the denial reasons (they’re vague in their response reason). Now, we’re about to pay cash for a $1700.00 fridge. We’re about to deal with everything on our credit and never again will I do business with ‘Conn Appliances’ via Progressive because if they had told us in the beginning that Progressive didn’t take ACE/Metabank my husband never would’ve went through this process and just simply paid cash for the fridge instead.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Great way for those with a subpar credit to get what they want Now rather than wait a year to save. I found Progressive Leasing To be more pleasant to work with than finance companies when I had excellent credit. It was so easy I was shocked. I desperately needed a laptop computer and found one at Best Buy for a very, very reasonable price as a refurbished unit. Of course refurbished units are first come first serve so I needed to act fast when I found a reasonably priced one that was a great reputable brand. Progressive was friendly, super fast, super easy, non-judgemental and empathetic. I certainly didn’t feel as if I am subpar credit! I will be paying the laptop off before 90 days so it will be same as cash.

I notice a lot of the reviews that are not so good on here or from those people who either didn’t pay within 90 days, so why they are surprised by the total amount they have to pay is beyond me because it was clearly explained when I took the lease out Or those that missed payments which is also beyond me because it was also clearly explained That I would be paying a much higher price for a laptop versus if I paid it off early or went with a different type of creditor. It was so easy, all I did was speak to the company for about 10 minutes. I will use them again certainly and I am so grateful that they help me get what I need right now. As long as you listen when the terms are explained this is an awesome way to get what you need when you need it. Thanks Progressive!

Original review: July 22, 2020

Representative Cruz was amazing, thank you guys for helping me. Progressive is awesome, help me save, they also helped me push back payments difficult times were living in good company. Thank you guys! Progressive the way to go.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Customer Service is great! 90 day pay off option has very low fees, and I can shop for almost anything I need! Big Lots is local, or you can shop online at places like Dell, Lowe's, Best Buy and others! So easy to apply, and the staff is always eager to help! There are a lot of times, especially now, that paying for something big all at once isn't easy or possible. Progressive makes it manageable!

Original review: July 17, 2020

It was a bit hard at first. It told me I was approved then I sat in the store for hours trying to purchase an item. Eventually it was taken care of and I got the item I wanted. Their customer service is great and attentive. That was the best part for me because they got everything done in a fast and friendly manner. I plan to take advantage of the 90 day deal. With the app it’s super easy.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I tragically allowed Mattress Firm to talk me into being put on a lease for a bed that I'm about to return. Progressive Leasing said payment due on the 17th. It's the 16th and they are processing the money which will overdraft my account because it's supposed to come out on payday not sooner. They did not allow me to sign up with my usual account. I was only able to use my bank account. I use that account to accept payments and hold money for emergencies. Called to have it switched to the main account. They claimed they did but it looks like they are trying to take it from the side account. I'll be returning the bed and demanding my money back. I'll never do business with them nor Mattress Firm. They both work hand in hand as crooks and thieves. Memo to self NEVER LEASE A BED. There are plenty of places that have simple mattresses and box springs for under 500. I'll be going there.

Original review: June 14, 2020

This Company stated that CREDIT is not a requirement to get approved for new leases... Unfortunately, I was DENIED with NO REASON as to why... I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone... Please don't consider doing Business with a Company that cannot stand by their advertisement....

Original review: June 12, 2020

I've made an attempt to apply for Progressive Leasing to obtain a phone through Cricket, however, it was denied due to the fact that they were unable to verify my credit card. Called the phone number to speak to customer support and the employee said that my because my addresses didn't match, they were unable to process my card. ??? Mind you, my card is linked to a P.O. Box billing address, as we don't have a mailbox at our home (rural area). She then told me to reapply again by inputting my home address as my billing address. Again, I got the same denial information. I sent an email to the customer support and they sent me a copy of the denial status. Like Hello!!! I know it was denied, but how do I fix it!

Anyways, I tried calling again the following day and she informed me that because the processing department (dept that reached out to me by email) processed my "denied" application, she's unable to help me and I need to wait another 30 days unless I have another card that I can give her. If I have another card, do you think I would be applying for a small loan?

Original review: June 11, 2020

We purchased Sectional couch almost 8monts go from Big lots thru Progressive leasing. The fabric very bad. It is started fading and unraveling. It looks like crap and we trying to call progressive leasing but no luck.

Original review: May 24, 2020

My experience with Progressive Leasing (also known as progleasing) was one of the most frustrating and difficult experiences I have ever had. Usually, a company is willing to work with you if you have a problem. The problem I had was they could not read. They asked for bank statements. I sent one set. It was blurry and couldn't be read. The second set I took and enhanced and cropped slightly to make them readable. They did not show the whole page so they were unacceptable. It was suggested I convert them to pdf documents. I did and still they could not be read. (Now all this time, they were completely readable to everyone but Progressive Leasing). I even spoke to a supervisor, Mark **, who informed me he could do nothing.

When was the last time a supervisor had no control over his employees. The last set was snapshotted and was perfectly clear. You guessed it. They could not read them. Finally, at this point I gave up. They said "Oh, we care about our customers." I told them I had done everything I could and what else did they want. I still have no idea. I even called the supervisor back and the woman on the phone is the first one to check the spelling of my name (misspelling due to their error) and discovered it was badly misspelled. Now they cannot even talk to me. I have never found a company so customer unfriendly as this one.

Don't just stay away, run away as fast as you can. Oh, lest I forget, the last suggestion they made was that I apply for the financing and just let the other party make the payments. I told them no way. I had done that once before and ended up prosecuting the person for identity theft. Have you ever? No reputable financing company would EVER make a proposition like that. So I do not recommend Progressive Leasing in any way.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I signed up for Progressive Leasing at Lowe's. It was a simple process. Within 15 minutes I was able to purchase a freezer and schedule a delivery. After delivery, I noticed there was damage. I called Lowes and they offered a discount if I kept it. I called Progressive Leasing and explained the situation. The representative called Lowes right then. She was able to verify the discount and then adjusted my account. The next day I double checked my account and everything was perfect. I paid off the freezer within the 90 day option and everything was great. I would highly recommend Progressive Leasing for those situations when you need something and don't have the cash. I do suggest the 90 day payoff so you don't get stuck in the long term contract. The interest rate is very high.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Progressive Leasing came in handy when I needed to buy furniture. The entire process was transparent and fair. I selected the 90 days payment option and completed the process smoothly. I will recommend their business to friends.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I had an emergency to buy a recliner and didn’t have the cash right then, but wanted to pay off quickly. Used Progressive for 90 days same as cash and it was quick and convenient. They are connected with several different stores.

Original review: May 10, 2020

The lease purchase was incredibly easy. The customer service provided was amazing and greatly appreciated. It was during Covid 19. We had to conference call with the merchant. I could not have asked for an easier and more pleasant experience. Thank you! Thank you!

Original review: May 4, 2020

Lee was very patient, friendly and helpful in helping me finish my online application! Must of spent about an hour helping me. Great customer service. She deserves a raise and a free lunch. Keep up the good work!

Original review: April 29, 2020

I bought wheels and tires from a store and used this company make payments. Come to find out they’re charging 110% more than the actual product you are buying. They say it’s leasing fees. Stay away at all cost, do not use them, it’s the first and last for me. It’s better to turn them into the BBB instead of trying to talk to them. It’s unfair practices, they’re thief’s, and try to prove that they can any way to make them look like the good guy. Stay away at all cost. You don’t get told what they do until it’s too late.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Love the 90 day pay out option. Customer service is always great and I do a lot of shopping with this company. They are very helpful. My go to people. Everyone is so nice on the phone and very helpful. I love this company.

Original review: April 11, 2020

This company was great to work with initially. I had a couple leases I always paid on time and usually paid off early. All was great until I changed my bank account, how dare I! I guess if you change your bank account and then RE-APPLY they go completely nuts and cannot compute what just happened. I changed my bank and reapplied for a lease and they denied me. I made more money than I did before so this was baffling. I was never late or failed to pay, so it was confusing. I had multiple successful leases with them, so this was mind boggling!

Because I changed my bank they requested new information for ANY bank I offered. I have a few banks. They request multiple statements, voided check, and your ID front and back. I don't have checks and I will not be getting checks (Technically my bank doesn't offer them, which I like) so I am screwed. They WILL NOT approve my lease because my bank changed. Who cares that I've had like 5 leases with them. That doesn't matter WITHOUT A VOIDED CHECK THEY WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH YOU.

I would recommend Snap financing or Zibby renamed Katapult. They are easy to work with and will not disown you because you got a new bank. They accept money, and don't care about voided check. So basically, NEVER change your bank if you use Progressive or they won't work with you unless they get you to jump through multiple hoops. I DO NOT RECOMMEND Progressive Leasing. I do recommend Snap Finance, and Katapult.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Easily Leased mattress with Progressive Leasing, my credit is fair, and I needed a new mattress desperately. Jerome’s here in Fountain Valley, CA offered this lease Pgm to help me, yes percentage rate high, but they gave me 90 days to pay back same as cash and or early buy out. I was able to have the mattress I wanted delivered same day, application was easy, automatic payments every pay day made things much more less stressful, after 6 months I did early buy out and the mattress is now mine. Not the same amt paid if I would of done the 90 days same as cash, paid a bit more of course, but was prorated the amount to additional time.

They offer an easy online and mobile application to easily see all my account info, including early buy out amount, due date of next payment, lease agreement, etc, excellent way to keep track, all the information needed directly in front of me, another business similar (RAC) I’ve dealt with hid buy out amt, amt if completed full lease amt, & was not easy to use.

I needed assistance over the phone, got a live voice after several mins on hold, lady who helped me gave me the best customer assistance I’ve ever experienced, she was professional, knew her job well, listened and went above and beyond for me, didn’t feel rushed at all, treated me like a human being and not just another number or person, and helped my situation, so sorry I forgot her name. I would definitely recommend Progressive Leasing to family and friends and repeat business with them again.

Progressive Leasing Company Information