2.6/5 (265 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Progressive Leasing

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Progressive Leasing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Leasing?

Original review: March 14, 2022

I took out a lease from Progressive Leasing. I bought something from Best Buy. When the items arrived two of the items were too big for the phone that I had bought so I return them for a swap out for the same items in the right size at the store, they opened a second lease and now I owe an extra $60 plus the price of the original lease. I called Progressive and was transferred to a secondary person. He said that the issue was not theirs. It was Best Buy's so now I'm out an extra $60. I will never do business with them again. Caution!! They don't hold up their end of the bargain.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I love this company. They are very, compassionate about what people go through. They also make sure you have the best payback options. I will shop with them again. I got my son's iPhone 13 Pro Max from them and the price was reasonable.

Original review: March 3, 2022

After adjusting my lease because ring prongs cut finger, I called to find out why almost. $200 was taken out of my account. I was told by the representative that he saw the mistake, fixed it and credited the amount back to my account. It seemed WAY too easy, That should have clued me in as I have never had an easy time dealing with this sort of company.

Days later, the amount has still not been adjusted. Insult to injury would be the 2nd call I made to update the e-mail so that I could have online access. Needless to say, this was not done either and I am not able to access my account. Because of this, I had to spend almost 15 minutes on hold, the call was disconnected and I had to call back and wait again!

The representatives were very friendly while they lied about what they were doing. I guess there's that. Nobody wants to speak to a cranky liar, right? I am disgusted with the business practices of this company. I will take care of my 90 days but I will never use them again, nor would I recommend them to anyone else. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I am very pleased to have used Progressive Leasing 3 different times for 3 purchases. It is very easy to apply & I choose weekly payments. I choose my withdrawal date so it was easy for me. Great Company to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

They do not care about anyone but themselves period. They pretend to fix your payment plans and the company rips people off. They lie to you. I have told them to fix or be reported to FTC and ADA. So far they have not responded at all. The company is a joke.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I fell a month behind on payments. I avoid their calls until I know I can make payments. Now they call me 5 times a day from different numbers across the country. Luckily my iPhone can silence unknown callers but wow… I didn’t sign up to be harassed because of late payments.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I been with this company for 10 yrs. Each time I used them my credit limit increased and it took less than 20 minutes to process my application. Everyone I ever spoke with were kind and very professional.. I have read the comments and very surprised to have read some of the reviews. I always chose to pay 90 days same as cash and never had any issues. It's been 3 yrs since I used them last, and will be needing their assistance again in the coming months. They're there to help those who don't have credit worthiness then allow you to purchase items you may need if you don't have cash in hand.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Progressive Leasing business practices should be against the law. My husband brought me a ring for about $2000+ and had to make $200 dollar payments every two weeks which amounted to $400 a month. He paid it off in about 5 months and the payoff was the amount of the ring. So all that time he was paying it did not apply to the principal it was throwing good money after bad. So a $2000 dollar ring cost over $4000 in less than 6 months. Shameful. I will never use them or likes of them thieves.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I purchased items from Mattress Firm using this company. Even though they have the 90 day cash price option, there is no way of making part payments to this online or by phone. This was the first red flag, the second red flag was the fact that after nearly an hour of waiting for a customer service agent no one answered the phone. My conclusion is, they make it next to impossible to get the cash price option, so you are forced to make small payments which will end up costing you twice the actual value of the items. I paid off mine immediately after these observations.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I purchased furniture from a Big Lots store through Progressive Leasing. I was having personal issues(due to the pandemic amongst other things). Spoke to the store manager at Big Lots...told me he would return my call in a few days and haven't heard from him since. It just doesn't make sense. I've spent thousands of dollars and now can't get the rest of my furniture.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I purchased some items via this company, both items from Bestbuy. Both items have had issues since day one. I have been paying for almost 2 months on these products, I have attempted to contact this company several times via phone. I get put on hold via the automated system saying 20 minute wait, annoying but ok.... That's where it gets bad, You will wait for a customer rep for the remainder of your life. Even if you call at open.

All warranty issues have to be handled through the company. Not bestbuy. Not the manufacturer. How do you handle these issues if you cannot contact anyone? At this point I am ready to return these items, however again how do I do that? I cannot contact the company. My next step will be to block the payments at the bank, and wait for a call. Or for the credit hit then dispute with evidence from my call logs. Why pay well over a thousand dollars for bad products. Under no circumstances use this company. It will only badly affect your credit, no actual benefit. And pay double the product's cost on top of that.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Horrible experience. I made extra payments and they went to the back of the contract. The payoff was 183.28. I made two extra payments of 100.00 and it took it off the back of the contract. I was thinking it would help bring down the early buy option and it didn't. It took one month off the contract. So the ability to pay a little extra and it take it off your balance is only true for the first 90 days. After that you're liable for all the payments.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Used to work in retail and from time to time I was advised to call PL for questions or concerns in regards to my customers. Every agent that answered was rude, unprofessional, condescending, passive aggressive, and sometimes would just flat out hang up on me. If you don't like your job, just find another one instead of taking it out on me. It seemed like they did not do that to my other coworkers or managers. All you all have to do is sit in your ** all day and take calls, answer questions, and make sure problems get solved. It's not that hard...

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Even if you make payments, balance due keep changing. Each person you talk to in customer service has something different to tell you. Will never use them again. You end up paying double the prices of whatever you got.

Original review: July 31, 2021

My fiancé and I called customer service Representative to get info on our lease purchase and we spoke with LEE and she was so nasty and unprofessional. Her tone was very rude. How can you be in this profession and behave that way. How long has she been getting away with this type of attitude. This is sad

and disgusting.

Original review: July 28, 2021

This is the third time I've leased with Progressive. We all want a high quality cell phones. I don't want to give up grocery money to buy one on a cash basis. I take advantage of the 90 day option where I can pay the phone in full over 3 months instead of all at once. My current lease is actually for 18 months with minimum monthly payments. If I were to make the minimum payment each month, I would end up paying double for the phone.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Very bad company. Will not work with you then you are paying them a lot of money and balance is still the same. Please DO NOT go with this company. They will steal your money and say you still owe late fees. You will be paying them forever and your balance will go up instead of going down. This is my first and LAST time I try this company. I will be paying off my loan and be done with this vulture company!!!

Original review: July 26, 2021

I have not experienced this in a long time. My sister unexpectedly passed. I needed to skip a couple of payments because of expenses we had. I could hardly talk. The professionalism and genuine compassion I received from those I spoke with was unbelievable. They truly made me feel like they knew what I was going through and completely helped me out. You don't find this kind of service anymore. I recommend this company for sure.

Original review: July 12, 2021

100% POINTLESS in doing. You end up paying twice in interest and when you done and completed pay offs you can't "request" to have it show on credit report AFTER doing 100% on time no late payments..ZERO benefits!!!

Original review: June 28, 2021

Really bad. They'll give you a lease and right as soon as you try and check out they ask for you 10 different forms of verification that you need to send them. So you approve me, let me get all the way to checkout. Hit the checkout button then ask for 10 forms of verification. Not worth the hassle.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Dealing with this company to purchase my new Appliance was such a breeze! Literally only took a matter of minutes! Customer service was so helpful and knowledgeable and made my day so much happier! I'd recommend them to everyone!

Original review: May 13, 2021

Over the past 5 years I've used Progressive to make purchases for my home, things that I wouldn't be able to afford all at once. Mattress Firm, Best Buy and Overstock. Com. I always kept in my mind to pay the item off with their 90 day same as cash. I understand that if you take longer than 90 days you will actually pay 3 times the cost.

So over time I bought a mattress and paid it in 90 days. Then I reapplied and bought new electronic and again made certain I could pay it off in 90 days.

It's really helped me getting my house furnishings and worth the $ 69.00 initial payment to start the lease. Very happy with all my leases and will continue to use Progressive. Excellent customer service. Thanks Progressive.

Original review: May 9, 2021

2020 & ???‍♀️ centers closed, including my apartment's center. My mind was ???? but my body was ???. My state opened back up as well as my job as a server. My uniform must have shrunk???. I needed professional equipment to whip back into my uniform within short time along with building back ???? & endurance. My complex limited slots and times, only 2 per 30 mins from 8am to 6pm & you must sign up in advanced 3???. My apt complex had over 800 units & I could easily forget miss my ???? to workout.

I applied for that bike everyone was using, but was declined, among other companies. My credit wasn't the best or even average. One day,???? started to shine on me with PROGRESSIVE LEASING!!! I was able to lease to own a professional grade exercising machine???. I also had the option to stop LEASING without affecting my credit. LEASING was perfect for me, in case l found myself with a huge new hanger rack. DURING LEASING; I had some ???? problems that caused some financial setbacks. I was able to speak with the customer service (super kind!) and make arrangements to catch back up and get back on schedule. Professional, kind, understanding, & helpful!

Original review: April 13, 2021

It was very easy to apply and the decision came back really fast within minutes and I was able to make my purchase online or in the store. I decided to purchase online and the process was done quickly and very easy and then I had purchased the item I wanted.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Application process was easy, payments were set up by bank draft weekly. 90 day option was cool other than them adding a extra lease option price onto it. They sent way too many emails, and processed payment before due date. Other than that, my experience was good.

Original review: March 3, 2021

If you need to make a purchase without doing credit...Progressive Leasing is quick process and I cannot even describe their customer service. I have leased several big purchases from them. Every time I have called them they are amazing!! They strive to give good service!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

Very easy to use and highly recommend this leasing company. Fast and efficient also. Will use again... The application process was very easy to accomplish and verification process was also easy to complete.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I have used Progressive Leasing multiple times for small purchases. My current purchase was a big one. I have submitted my payments, it shows that it has been withdrawn from my account. They email everyday saying my payment was not processed. I've showed the proof and still get the same emails everyday. They need to get organized or I will return my items and never use their services again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I have used this program on numerous occasions. Provides ability to obtain needed purchases in the future. Needed items such as furniture, household repairs, and many other household items affordably.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Tried to use this company to place an order through Best Buy and the order never went through, somehow NEITHER company was able to help me even though I had been CHARGED for an order than never went through, after two hours worth of frustration I am finally told that I cannot cancel until they verify no order went through and am looking at nearly two weeks before the funds taken from my account ON AN ORDER NEVER PLACED will be refunded. The whole thing is a sham and infuriating. Save yourself the hassle.

Progressive Leasing Company Information