3.0/5 (156 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Pitney Bowes

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Pitney Bowes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pitney Bowes?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

After receiving multiple refurbished Pitney Bowes machines and countless calls, our company still does not have a functioning Pitney Bowes. It's been well over a month. First it was a "pin head," took a week to arrive, and did not work. Afterwards they decided to send a new machine in about 3 business days, the new machine did not arrive so I called on the 6th day, all they could do is apologize and said it will be here soon. When replacement finally arrived it did not work, they tried telling me it needed a new pin head again, I argued with them asking why they would send me a new machine that does not work. They finally agreed to send me a new one overnight.

I called after 3 days. They apologized and said it will be here soon, took about 6 days. Plugged it in and it did not work once again, tech support walked us through changing inks, pinheads, cleaning and again not working. They decided to send out a technician that never followed up or arrived. When I called to informed them I told them enough time has been wasted and we just need a functioning Pitney Bowes machine as our company mail is piling up. I was told they would overnight one the latest would be 24hour. Again I called on day 3 and they apologized and told me it would be there soon, another week after it arrived. Machine did not work again. I was told again a technician would come out, yet no one came or followed up.

Finally I asked for a manager and was told they did not have one, I was transferred from department to department for hours by other supervisors (Jason, Yumir,) finally I spoke with "supervisor Hazel" told me it would arrive overnight and that she would follow up with me regarding reimbursement/meter credits for inconvenience and that she would leave my case open and follow up with me personally once everything is complete. I figured finally someone with great customer service, only I missed the call the following day and she closed the order stating I was unavailable and case was complete.

I called to follow up given the runaround again, decided just to cut my loss and just wait for the new machine, still another few day passed even though I was told it would arrive the following day, day after day I call and still no machine. I called today to follow up and again told it will be here today by 7pm. I asked rep Ila when this "overnight order" was placed, she said on 1/30/23, I asked her to read notes, she read "send overnight, no more than 24hrs". I asked her how it is going to arrive today 2/1/23 at 7pm if this order was placed on 1/30/23 at 8am? How is that 24hours? All she could do it apologize, I asked her to read all the history and promises of delivery our company has been promised so she can understand how horrible their customer service is...Pitney Bowes please invest into better customer service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

We were forced to install a Pitney Bowes postage meter in our office. No one asked for it. The customer service is completely worthless. They do everything they can to prevent you from speaking to an actual person. When and if you finally do, it's clear that it has been farmed out to some third world country and they are just reading from a script. Worst customer service I've ever seen. Avoid like the plague.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Be aware this company is manipulating their customers by changing Delivery ETA consistently, a package from China should get to me in 12 days, means Jan 9th, now 15 days and no sign when it will be delivered. They just pushed the delivery date 4 more days. The delay occurred as soon as the item arrived to United States. The package took 3 days to get into United States/California from china but the nightmare started as soon as Pitney Bowes got the item, in CA warehouse the package froze froze 2 days and to Indiana warehouse took 4 days!! Then the package left Greenwood Indiana on Jan 9th heading to IL. That stage took almost 36 hours. Imagine 200 miles only took 36 hours. Now arrived in Illinois, the scheduled delivery was Jan 11th. Now pushed to Monday 16th.

The final delivery will be made by USPS, such service providers are indirectly stealing our time and money. They are well advertised but they are absolutely misleading us every single day and of course I looked for any way to contact the company regarding the package but the only available contact is for different cases-so long story short they have got no customer support for this type of cases.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

They are really slow. Things stay in their warehouse for days. Sometimes it's like 3 warehouses. So it takes weeks to get your product. If you have a choice go elsewhere... Service nonexistent...

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Outdated company making you sign leases you cannot break for equipment no longer used. Force you to do everything online, refuses to send documents by post but will force you to pay for stamp equipment for Post.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

We've used them for quite some time, and they are terrible to deal with. Once I had to contact them because they showed we had two postage meters. We literally have a business with 6 employees all in one room, and I pay all the bills so I would know if we had a second postage meter. It took over a month to get it removed from our account, I talked to a dozen or more people, none of whom seemed to be in the US, and finally got a resolution.

They recently told us we need a new meter, so I asked them in an email if they could take the new in the package ink cartridge back. I was given a toll free number. I dialed it the first time and was told I had won $100 Walmart gift card and press any key. I waited, and just kept getting the same. So I pressed a key and got someone who told me all they could do was sign me up for the gift card. Sounded like a scam so I hung up and dialed again. This time I got Pitney Bowes. I can see the number I dialed on my phone, and it was correct. So evidently they allow this marketing company to randomly whisk people away into their scheme.

Anyway, the new person gave me another toll free number. I read it back. I called that number and got someone who told me I needed to call a third number. It was some phone company I had never heard of that either you press one to sign up for service or stay on the line and get transferred to an automated directory assistance system. No joke. The second guy didn't tell me I hadn't reached Pitney Bowes. He gave me the number to directory assistance. I'm so sick of this company it makes my head hurt. DON'T. PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE JUST DON'T.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I can NEVER track my order; orders are rarely delivered on time (I’ll literally wait all day for them to not show up); IF by some miracle they do deliver the day they say they will (which I have to find out by calling whatever company I ordered from since tracking never works), they deliver way later in the day than any other delivery company. I swear they leave my order for last always and then don’t get around to it that day. Also, it takes wayyyy longer to arrive than UPS or FedEx. Whenever I see Pitney Bowes or Lazer Ship as who’s delivering, I curse.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I purchased some products from the Bath & Body Works website on 9/18/22. Package was to be delivered 9/28/22. On 9/29/22 I contacted Bath & Body Works, they said I have to wait until 10/4/22 before they can open up a ticket. On 9/21/22 the package arrived at the shipping partner facility in Irving, Tx at 8:39 PM. The package is set to be delivered to my house in Houston, Tx. Last time I checked it doesn't take over a week to deliver a package in the same state. I called Pitney Bowes trying to locate the package and they told me I have to contact Bath & Body Works to inquire about it. Not impressed with this experience at all or the lack of customer service support that Pitney Bowes provided. I feel that this is a huge SCAM and can't believe they are still even in business.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I started at a company that had a Pitney Bowes Postage meter on a shelf because it didn't work. I reached out to the company to see what could be done. After 3 hours on the phone be transferred from one department to another I was told they could not cancel service on this broken unit. I asked for a copy of the contract and they couldn't provide it to me, but they keep asking me to pay a monthly bill. I have called back several times and my call has been lost or dropped every time. It feels like I am part of a scam.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I have been a customer for over 14 years and I am extremely unhappy with the service of this company. The postage machine is broken and they sent a new one that would not work. I called and asked for assistance which never happened and then I called and asked to speak to a Manager over a week ago and still have not received a callback. I would not use this company since this is how they treat a 14+ year client.

Pitney Bowes Company Information