3.7/5 (464 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Pitney Bowes

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Pitney Bowes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pitney Bowes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pitney Bowes?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I purchased some products from the Bath & Body Works website on 9/18/22. Package was to be delivered 9/28/22. On 9/29/22 I contacted Bath & Body Works, they said I have to wait until 10/4/22 before they can open up a ticket. On 9/21/22 the package arrived at the shipping partner facility in Irving, Tx at 8:39 PM. The package is set to be delivered to my house in Houston, Tx. Last time I checked it doesn't take over a week to deliver a package in the same state. I called Pitney Bowes trying to locate the package and they told me I have to contact Bath & Body Works to inquire about it. Not impressed with this experience at all or the lack of customer service support that Pitney Bowes provided. I feel that this is a huge SCAM and can't believe they are still even in business.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I started at a company that had a Pitney Bowes Postage meter on a shelf because it didn't work. I reached out to the company to see what could be done. After 3 hours on the phone be transferred from one department to another I was told they could not cancel service on this broken unit. I asked for a copy of the contract and they couldn't provide it to me, but they keep asking me to pay a monthly bill. I have called back several times and my call has been lost or dropped every time. It feels like I am part of a scam.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I have been a customer for over 14 years and I am extremely unhappy with the service of this company. The postage machine is broken and they sent a new one that would not work. I called and asked for assistance which never happened and then I called and asked to speak to a Manager over a week ago and still have not received a callback. I would not use this company since this is how they treat a 14+ year client.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

On behalf of my company I have been trying since 9/8/2021 to get the correct meter on our account and the incorrect meter removed. I called head quarters @ 203-356-5000. Someone was suppose to call me back. NO RETURN CALL. On 10/2/2021 I spoke with a supervisor by the name of Janet. She created one of the 4 case #'s that Pitney Bowes closed without my knowledge. Then on 11/8/2021 I spoke with Suzette ** in the office of the president and she sent a message to Janet to call me. NO RETURN CALL. I've been calling and talking to every representative to get this matter handled and as of today 9/20/2022 it still has not been rectified and I am now unable to add postage or use my meter. I wish there was a way to leave a -negative 10 stars.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Ordered a pack from Amazon marketplace seller. Package never arrived. Chatted with the seller and got the PB tracking number, entered into the PB tracking system. Parcel seems to have been delivered somewhere in another Province. Tried to contact PB about this issue. There is NO live person in customer service for parcel delivery. You get automated message saying for parcel delivery issues, contact your marketplace seller. I called the technical support line and they advise of the same thing. The marketplace seller told me to contact PB about the issue. What delivery company on earth doesn't have a customer service contact line (or chat) for customers to discuss their package delivery issues? Apparently it is Pitney Bowes.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Don't expect to get very far with their customer service. They can look up your account number but don't have the equipment information. They will offer to send you links to email instructions if you request service, even for ongoing issues; and just for added fun, you get to hear all the other chatting in the call center background, so at least you know you're not the only one suffering with this non-existent customer service procedure. When I went to get the serial number they hung up on me. Disappointing to say the least.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Every time I order something from a site and see that Pitney Bowes is the shipping company I know I'm never going to get the package... If I could give zero stars I would. This is where packages go to die.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

New $100 ink cartridge required every 3-4 month regardless of how many times it imprints. We stopped using it for regular envelopes months ago, stamping less than 50 times, yet our ink cartridge is down to 14%. Have to buy out the rest of the contract and pay a penalty to cancel so it will sit here & gather dust until our contract ends. Complete waste of money. Cheaper to go to the post office & wait in line.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Pitney Bowes is another one of these large companies that have no compassion for smaller companies who have been with them for decades. When Covid hit, our company had to change our business model to remain viable. This change resulted in us not needing our postage meter. When we contacted Pitney Bowes about early termination, their only option was to pay the remaining payments early and to pay an early termination penalty. This was such a ridiculous offer that it's not worth explaining further. Pitney Bowes easily earns a 1-star from this very disappointed, long-time customer.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I had placed a order over almost 3 weeks ago, I call today. Ask. My shipping tracking has not updated. I was greeted with an incredibly ignorant women on the other end, telling me I'm completely wrong. They they are not the company listed under shipping, she continued to raise her voice and not offer any type of assistance. I requested to speak to someone higher up she proceeded to tell at me finally agreeing to transfer me only to disconnect the call. This is absolutely unacceptable customer service. I will never use this company and will make my purchases to avoid at all costs! Some serious customer service training is definitely needed, just completed unacceptable to yell at a paying customer. Unbelievable.

Pitney Bowes Company Information