3.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Discover a recommended PEO service now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Paychex

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

12 Paychex Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

PAYCHEX has written and verbal strict instructions "HAVE NO CONTACT." Still they continue to violate the law. I am a payroll customer for years, but they DO NOT control their sales or should I say up-sales team. Continued relentless phone tactics last by Frantz **, who btw refused to let it go. Getting very disgusted with PAYCHEX's behavior. STOP HARASSING YOUR CUSTOMER, FOLLOW THE DO NOT CALL ORDER.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

They are so incompetent taxing me on a nontaxable reimbursement I finally caught since January. Here it is October 10 days ago they were to go back and correct all of my paychecks and refund the differences. Have they done anything? In 10 days which they said would only take a few days they have done 4 days. Incompetence is no excuse. I will be seeing an accountant and attorney. They will regret ignoring me. Don't use this company. They have zero clue.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Awful experience. The payroll and time programs don't communicate and don't know what is happening on each other's end so you're ultimately using two companies it feels like. Lots of technical issues on the time side. Hidden charges. The worst ever customer service experience as a business owner I have ever had.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Our CEO signed up our small company with Paychex Retirement Services, presumably to help with the administrative burden. Instead, they just ripped us off. The returns were half of what my other accounts were getting, with large administrative fees. The customer service is simply horrible -- they give contradictory advice and run you around their phone lines. Apparently, they won't fill out any paperwork. They charge you for distributions. Using this company was a mistake, and at our last corporate meeting, we all recommended dropping this company. It's better to go straight to Fidelity or another fund, and skip these useless middlemen.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I had withdrawal Paychex services from Feb 2017 with numerous calls and emails on their service terminated. Paychex continue to withdraw funds from my checking account. I tried to stop the deduction, my bank said cannot stop the deduction. The only thing is to reach out and settle it with Paychex. Today 4/28 received the email from Paychex that stated quote, "Termination paperwork has a last check date of 1/1/2017. We are unable to backdate a termination, please complete the paperwork with a future date and return to us for processing." For real this is not my problem, I had forward email and calls Paychex payroll & 401K with my CPA but they just don't care, still continue to withdraw funds after the termination letter was sent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paychex?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

The variety of service is very wide. An open company to purchase a wide range of stuff. They are nothing short of having more product than you could imagine. I have used them many times over. To begin with they are very helpful.They can outsource tasks like payroll compensation etc with ease and very dependable as an outsourcing company. They train in outsourcing. They bring together resources and people together for a dedicated dependable way of hiring in difficult situations. I believe they can bring together a company in need. Outsourced work has been a lifesaver in the company I am employed by. So much needed training and learning to the employees. Made it easier to deal with other tasks and not worry.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

They are flexible. Very reliable. Quick and easy. We receive paychecks very quickly with no errors. They are very organized with the data we send them and very proficient in what they do. They are very ease with use because once we send them the hours and what not they process everything very quickly with less questions. They are easy to use when we have been using them for so long. We have had no issues and will keep using them as long as they keep doing what they are doing. I say their value is 100%. They are inexpensive with great ethics and reliability. We don't get over charged and sometimes if there is an error they will fix it immediately without extra charges.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Offered me the ability to handle my payroll needs with my small business. Was able to provide employee access via the Internet. Big win! Super easy to use their product and offering. Set up and drop employee information into their system and you are good to go. The staff made it easy for me to provide services to my human resource team as well as my employees. Offers great and easy to use online help as well. The product could be a little bit less expensive but overall I am happy with the cost for the services that it provides. They are more expensive but you get what you pay for!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Paychex provides the entire onset of payroll services, from calculating and distributing paychecks/stubs to calculation of employer taxes due plus providing employees with year end w-2s. Paychex takes out all of the hassles of the payroll process. They offer many options to the employer for gathering payroll data and takes all of the worries out of having to handle the payroll processes within the company (handle internally).

Paychex provides all of the necessary training needed to make the payroll process very manageable. They teach with ease of use even for someone with very little understanding of any of the payroll procedures. The service that Paychex offers saves our company so much money. Our company does not have to staff any personnel to handle any of the payroll processes. Their services are so valuable to our company and our bottom line and lessens the need for additional personnel (office staff) to handle the payroll processes.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

They have much variety it is crazy. I was so happy when I looked at all they had and found just what I need for me. It is so easy and simple to get used to. You do not have to be super tech savvy to work this and I like that. I really do. The options they got for training is great. There are so many and I love how many way I get and the people. The price is the best feature to start.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

People has a wide variety of different types of products that are very good. In fact the company surpasses the rest of the competition. I find it very easy to use. It is very innovative and I'm happy to share this with everybody who wants to try it. A wide variety and range of training options that will keep you interested for a long time down the road. Great value for the money and anyone interested in this product and service in the future and now you won't be disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

It has the right services what we wanted and how we wanted and it's very easy and fast to deal with compare to other other companies. No other companies have this kind of service and the price is reasonable too. Their service under which an employer can outsource employee management tasks easily, such as employee benefits, payroll and workers' compensation, recruiting, risk/safety management, and training and development that makes our company to go through many works faster and save time. Services we benefit from the shared responsibility, health and life insurance, retirement planning, employee training also the Payroll Administration...

Paychex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Paychex, Inc. was founded in 1971 as a payroll outsourcing company. Today they serve over 600,000 clients in more than 100 locations across the United States. Paychex provides payroll and human resources products and services for small, midsize and large businesses.

• Grows with your business: Paychex has separate options for small, midsize and large businesses, so small businesses can grow with Paychex to have the right solutions for their needs from the same company.
    • Cloud accounting software: Small businesses will appreciate Kashoo software, a cloud based software specifically designed as a simple online accounting solution. Take care of all your accounting needs with this cloud software that also works on mobile devices.
    • Tax services: Paychex’s tax service solution Taxpay helps small businesses with payroll and sales taxes. Taxpay works with Paychex Payroll to manage your business’s tax payments and all IRS electronic filing and reporting requirements.
    • Benefits mobile app: Download Paychex Flex from your android or iPhone app store to stay connected, view paystubs, view retirement balances and enrollment information and more. Employees and business owners will benefit from the convenient features of Paychex Flex.
    • Paychex Time mobile app: Paychex Time is another mobile app available for Paychex customers. It allows employees to punch in and out right from their mobile device. The app doesn’t contain payroll data, so employees can stay logged in without risking the exposure of their private and secure information.
    • Best for: Paychex is best for small and midsize businesses.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs