4.3/5 (81 ratings)

About Insperity

Insperity specializes in full-service human resources solutions for businesses that have between five and 5,000 employees. Individual solutions are also available, and companies can get help with recruiting, insurance, retirement, expense reporting and general HR consulting. Insperity serves thousands of businesses across the nation.

Pros

• Helps outsource HR responsibilities
  • Offers insurance services
  • Highly rated user interface

Cons

• Cost isn’t straightforward
  • Primarily offers UHC and regional choices

Bottom Line

Insperity is a professional employer organization (PEO). Business owners can sign a co-employer contract with the company to outsource HR responsibilities, including payroll and benefits.

Top Insperity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insperity?

Verified

Their support is really good. Their customer service reaches out to check in to make sure that we have everything we need. Their service has been very helpful. It frees up other p...

Verified

I find my interaction with Insperity staff to be productive, pleasant and professional… Their systems are excellent. Insperity fills the important payroll, compliance and HR roles...

What is Insperity?

Insperity is a professional employer organization (PEO) that helps small and medium-size businesses with HR and admin services. If you’re a business owner, you can outsource tasks related to employee scheduling, benefits and payroll to Insperity. You’ll sign a co-employment contract and determine which tasks to assign to the PEO; from this point, both you and Insperity will be considered employers of your team. Note that Insperity doesn’t replace your HR team.

What does Insperity do?

Insperity offers a variety of HR and admin services:

• Expense reporting
  • Full-service HR
  • HR consulting
  • Insurance services
  • Organizational charting
  • Payroll and human capital management
  • Performance management support
  • Recruiting services
  • Retirement 401(k)
  • Time and attendance software

Insperity works with you to provide HR solutions that fit your business as you scale. It can help reduce risks associated with administrative tasks, such as tax and reporting mistakes, I-9 issues and employee complaints, by providing worker’s compensation, payroll processing and HR assistance. It also offers hiring services, drug testing and other management help so you can focus on different aspects of your business.

Insperity pricing

Because its service model is tailored to your needs, the Insperity website doesn’t list prices; however, it charges on a per-employee basis instead of by payroll percentage, which means your cost won’t fluctuate month to month.

Insperity claims it can help you save time and money with these practices:

• Improving hiring methods, which decreases turnover
  • Actively encouraging employees
  • Planning future strategies
  • Providing recruitment support
  • Offering performance management assistance
  • Providing strategic HR support and planning

Insperity FAQ

Who owns Insperity?

Paul Sarvadi owns Insperity. He is the chairman, CEO and co-founder of the company. Insperity has been publicly traded since 1997.

Is Insperity a PEO?

Yes, Insperity is a professional employer organization. It provides an outsourcing option for time-consuming HR tasks.

Where is Insperity available?

Insperity has over 90 locations across 33 states and in Washington, D.C.

Does Insperity offer HR solutions for small businesses?

Insperity is specifically geared toward small and medium-size businesses that need help with daunting HR tasks. It can take on payroll, benefits, employee training and other administrative responsibilities.

Is Insperity worth it?

Overall, Insperity offers small business owners a way to streamline their companies and help them grow. By outsourcing HR and admin tasks to a PEO like Insperity, you can direct your focus elsewhere within your business. Insperity doesn’t publish pricing information, but you can get in touch with the company to see if its services are within your budget.

Insperity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insperity?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Back in 2015, I worked with a small oil and gas company and we used Insperity there. I enjoyed the people, especially Sarah. She was my first contact there. In 2019, I was hired on as the controller for this company. They had already made the decision to go with Insperity, which I've been very happy with, and I have continued on.

We've run into a few hurdles over year-end stuff where there was some excess cash pulled and double amount pulled for a bonus payroll. The communication between the credit department and the payroll specialist was not very clear. I was directed to reject the first payroll in January for our hourly guys. I did that, and the credit department called and was wanting an explanation why I did that. We had frustrating words back and forth. But it seems like we're back on the right track again. I have a new payroll specialist that started around the 28th of November named Isabel and she's been great to work with. Jill before her and a couple of others before then, I've had a great interaction in the almost four years now that I've been working again with Insperity.

It's a user-friendly software. Once you get a rhythm going with your payroll specialist, there are usually no issues. The only thing I'm not comfortable with is we make contributions to our HSA for all of our employees and we give each employee $3,000 a year. Half of that goes through payroll deductions and the other half goes through a company that was acquired. It makes for two W-2s at the end of the year and I don't understand still why we can't do the entire 3,000 through payroll. We have 24 payrolls a year. They're claiming some tax law, but I can't find it. That's been something that I have on an annual basis brought up, trying to see if we can get it changed.

Get buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Insperity was concise. I had a couple of Zoom meetings with them during the COVID mess and they were straightforward, and I liked that. I get everything that's particular that comes down the pipe from the Feds and the State that I need to be aware of. Whether or not it applies to me is immaterial. I'm in Texas and has a business in California and Insperity gets it all. They send me anything I need to have to put on the wall and contact me routinely. I'm never in the dark. I get it via email and in hardcopy so, there's a backup in case I miss it online. I have the 401(k) through them for the office, payroll, my health insurance and any life insurance. I've got four employees and I offer them everything that's available because we all need that stuff.

I've recommended Insperity to about three people now that have had startup businesses or businesses that have gone independent. I told them that these are the guys they want to talk to. They can do everything they want to do and stage it in as they want to. So, they can get the basics down, which is HR and payroll and benefits and later on, they can add their 401(k). Insperity will do as much or as little as I want them to do and I find that good because I'd have to hire an HR person to do all this. And they are way worth the money because an HR person cost an arm and a leg. Also, I can use their facilities. My point of contact is just north of Houston and I'm sitting just five hours above them. I can send them an email or I can call them and they'll get back to me within 24 hours.

Insperity response

Hi Steve, Thank you for sharing your positive experience working with us! We're happy to hear you've felt supported by our committed representatives, and that we've been able to relieve some of the burden of managing insurance, compliance, and taxes for your business. It's our pleasure to serve our valued clients like you!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

We are an online company and we are all over the country. To have unemployment and all the things set up in all the different states where we have employees was going to be super time-consuming. Insperity was a good option. Their sales rep was awesome and he became like a buddy. Anytime we had any questions, he was right there and he would almost anticipate some of the questions that we would have. Anytime we were not moving quickly enough on something, he would reach out ahead of time. It was a really great experience working with him.

Right now, we're doing payroll with Insperity. The product is amazing and it takes me about 10 minutes. If we have a question, they are really responsive. I'm never waiting for them on anything and they're always offering us new things to do. They are always providing people to help us get things moving forward. Working with Insperity has taken some pressure off of us and given us a lot of certainty and confidence that we're doing things right. Someone has our back and we're not doing this on our own. A bunch of us have accounting backgrounds and to be able to just do our job that we're doing and not have to worry about the payroll side of things has been great.

Insperity response

Hi Kathryn, Making things easier for your business through our support is why we do what we do! We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback. Thank you for choosing Insperity as your company's PEO!

Original review: April 2, 2022

We have an external Aflac plan and there are pre-tax and post-tax deductions for Aflac plans. When we moved over to Insperity, they said that they could not do the pre-tax deductions for us so that caused our employees to have to pay a little bit more because those are pre-tax deductions and they're not able to take the tax advantage on those. Also, some of the reporting is a little bit different in terms of being able to pull reports once employees are terminated. Trying to gather some information for terminated employees is a little bit more difficult. But in general, the platform is much easier to use. The customer service, by far, is continuing to be a selling point with me. It has made certain aspects of my job a little bit easier. I ask the staff a question and I get immediate responses. If they don't know, they get me in contact with the right person. So, the customer service has been phenomenal by far.

In terms of new employees or onboarding, it would be great that once we hire somebody, there was an application that they could complete that becomes part of the whole onboarding packet that isn't an additional cost. Because the only way to do an application now is to pay for that. It’s part of the whole onboarding recruiting piece and we're not using them for recruiting because we don't do massive hires. If we were doing a lot of applications or even recruiting or jobs on a regular basis, it might make more sense. But we're not so, it's hard for me to justify the cost of paying for the recruiting component of the portal when we don't use it that often. We still would like to have our employees complete an application but there's no way to get to the application part of the Insperity portal without having the recruiting part.

Still, the customer service has been great. The team has been able to get me those applications when I've had people go that route. The interesting part is I've had the ability to send out a link for the application but there's no way for me to access it on my end. So, the Insperity team had been great about getting me access to the applications.

Insperity response

Hi Nigelle, Hearing how the HR administrative services and support we provide benefits business owners like you is music to our ears! We're happy to serve you and your people, and we thank you for sharing your positive experience working with us. We understand and appreciate your feedback regarding deductions and reporting options. We will share your comments with our internal teams for consideration.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Insperity came and talked to us, We looked at their system and it was great. It takes me no time to do payroll. Our people have the Insperity app on their phones and they clock in and out that way. Then they're able to go to the full website and see all their punches. They have to approve them every other Monday and if there's something missing or they got to request PTO, that goes to their supervisors and the supervisors approve it. Then, I can do payroll, which is a couple of buttons and it's done.

Insperity's service has been excellent as well. I have a payroll specialist and I can ask her any question. I was trying to do bonuses for the first time through the system and all day, she was emailing me and telling me what to do. Even if I asked her a question that was not her department, she's going to find somebody to help me and they're going to immediately answer me. I can call on the phone if I have trouble with the time system and they're going to step me through it. A while back, I had a question and I didn't know what department to ask. So, I sent something to her about it and she told me not to hunt through my records and my files. She said it was their job and that she was going to find an answer for me. And they did, so I had no complaints.

Aside from that, they've got a great reporting system and I can get any kind of report there again. That can be complicated, looking at all these different fields and trying to figure it out, but I can ask my payroll specialist and she's going to give me the shortcut. She's even set up some for my payroll and put it in my saved folders. I can just go each time and select those. I don't have to sit there and try to figure out how to do this report. If I have auditors and I got a certain report I need, they'll tell me which report and I call it up and send it to the auditors.

Insperity response

Hi Shari, We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience working with Insperity. It's great to hear how our services and support have benefited your business and employees! We appreciate your feedback regarding our time and attendance software. Thank you for choosing Insperity!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I do the payroll so I have to interact with Insperity sometimes to get something corrected and I never had a problem with that. I'm satisfied. They've taken stress off of me and they seem to get everything that I need done. When I have a problem and I call them, it seems to be handled. So I'm happy.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I've had a good experience with Insperity. It's fast, smooth, user-friendly and it tells you what benefits are, and all my employees are happily paid. We're utilizing I-9 forms, payroll and benefits. We use them on our health insurance. I've used other softwares before, like UltiPro. I like Insperity a lot better. UltiPro felt more corporate and all these clocking in all the time. Whereas Insperity, it's more down to my personal needs. When I need to click on something, I can see where it is. It's the way the website is built. It's better than what I used to use in UltiPro.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I needed HR help for my business. The service of Insperity is much better than all the others. They are complete HR support. When employees have issues, they can go to Insperity directly. They assign a payroll specialist and different roles to help out the business and employees. I'm the owner and I don't really have to worry too much because Insperity is taking care of my HR needs. I would highly recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

The only thing that works at Insperity is the sales department. After that you won't even get through to anyone, let alone get help with your issues. Finally switched to a real human resource company and I'm happy!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

This HR/benefits software is so cumbersome to work with. It may cost less than other similar products, but navigating it is more difficult, support is really bad, they make sign all kinds of documents irrelevant to your employment and as soon as you leave an employer's, everything is immediately deleted. They don't have the courtesy to keep your records for a grace period of time. Do not purchase this software. It is not user friendly and both as a manager and individual user, I have had a hard time using it.

Insperity response

Hello Sima, We're disappointed to hear your time with us has been frustrating. Our service team is standing by to help with what you need to make this a positive experience. Please e-mail us at social@insperity.com so that we can assist you further.

Insperity Company Information