2.00/5

Discover a recommended PEO service now

Discover a recommended PEO service now

Insperity Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Do not do business with this company! They are very unethical! Their fees are not clearly spelled out and ridiculous. It took less than 3 months to realize all of their hidden fees. I promptly fired them and completed the forms they said were needed to discontinue their services. We then had to continue our medical insurance on Cobra because I had not been an "Employer" in the last 90 days. So I was given an estimate as to what it would cost to enroll with COBRA. I was given the estimate and my staff had their insurance thru COBRA.

When our COBRA benefits expired, we obtained insurance through the same Insurance Company and the 3 years later received a bill for $26,750! Yes that is not a typo. $250 per month per employee! We never received one bill, one statement - nothing! The salesperson knew why I fired Insperity and gave me the quote as to what it would cost me to have COBRA. Never once did they disclose their added fee! Is this even legal? BEWARE of this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

WageWorks Commuter account had over $700.00. Had to wait 90 days to get refund. Refund was sent to Insperity (not me) and they refuse to forward me the money I earned, not them. They are crooks and need put away for their crimes. They stole over $700.00 from me. They are crooks. Do not buy their services. They will rob you blind.

Get expert buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Insperity may seem attractive at first, they promise a lot of support in the beginning but are actually unable to follow through. Employees have had a difficult time getting answers to benefit related questions and FSA related questions. Insperity is unable to actually support your benefits needs. I would highly recommend an alternative benefits provider, especially if you want your employees to have a good experience and not waste time on the phone trying to work with Insperity.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I worked as an accountant for a small business for many years. They contracted with Insperity last year, and it was a big part of my decision to change jobs recently. I will never again work with Insperity. They promised the world, but they did not deliver on anything except cost savings for the employer. They squeeze and shortchange employees and ex-employees for the benefit of the company's bottom line, and their own.

As an accountant, they were very difficult to work with. Very little training, complex, clunky online system with two parts - Timestar and Insperity. They assigned me a super rude rep for the Timestar setup. He would not work with me to get paid-time-off set up and running. No one's paystubs ever had their PTO accrual on them. They switched main payroll processing reps on us 3 times in 4 months. Clunky, painstaking system for entering time. Total loss of control over payroll - couldn't easily correct errors or do deductions. Oh and there were lots of errors on Insperity's part - I had to correct them constantly during the submission process.

As an employee, they were very difficult to work with. We didn't have insurance cards and weren't activated when our benefits began, and for some time after, so I had issues with a doctor and prescriptions which took days to resolve. Mental health care pretty much ceases with Insperity. After I quit, Insperity terminated my coverage at midnight on my last day! Who does that? Then they waited until the very end of the legal limit to send my COBRA information. Had to pay full price for prescriptions and now am being told I won't be reimbursed. Customer service is uncaring, unresponsive, and a waste of time. Did Insperity save the company money? Yeah. But it was off the backs of hard-working employees. I didn't think it was right. So I found a different job and quit. I worked hard for over a decade at this company, but couldn't continue with such a heartless company as Insperity. They are cold and cruel. Not recommended.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Insperity is the HR/Benefits company for my spouse's employer. I’ve had to call them numerous times over issues with UHC. They have an exclusive several year deal with UHC so they just bring victims/companies in. Insperity is absolutely ZERO helpful to the members. Zero. They will “call” UHC but can not get anything accomplished because they apparently have no leverage. My opinion is that they get paid by UHC to bring in victims/companies AND get paid by companies to manage benefits... getting paid by both sides and not helping any members. They are a joke. Run. Run. Run.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insperity?

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have been trying to enroll with a mental health counselor since August 2018. All Insperity does is say, "Go check search our providers and call these numbers." I even let them know that this is useless and no one even calls me back let alone answers the phones. This is after dozens of calls over several weeks. So they sent me to a special department (?) that works with mental health issues and can help me find a counselor. Come to find they give you 3 discounted phone chats with a nurse and then they sent me more phone numbers to call. I pay over $1000 a year to have access to a medical phone book and 300 emails a month to buy movie tickets or restaurant vouchers. THIS IS HEALTHCARE IN 2019. INSPERITY IS A SCAM. DO NOT USE.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was employed by a company who used Insperity. After I left my position on 1/23, according to Texas SB 51 — my group insurance plan should of been terminated on 1/31 (the end of the month I left). Insperity instead terminated it on 1/23. I called to ask why my plan was terminated and cited TX SB 51, which they admitted they knew of. They told me to contact UnitedHealth Care. I did - and UHC directed me back to Insperity explaining “they are the one who enters the termination date for the policy for you.”

I then reached back to Insperity and they gave me the runaround. They asked if I was going to take COBRA (which shouldn’t matter). Then they explained that it can take up to 2 weeks for them to go back and update/fix the date - because I’m a Texas resident and their system is set-up to just handle terminations in general. Meanwhile I’m having to pay out of pocket for any prescriptions or medical services that I should have covered until the end of the month. Insperity did little to nothing to try and fix the issue — it’s not really in their interest since I’m not their employee anymore. All in all a horrible experience and poor implementation of TX SB 51.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

The stupid idiots screwed up payroll THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING! They had one job! Can't even do that right, screwed thousands of people on Thanksgiving. Their website and app are horrible and extremely difficult to use.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

They have NO desire to help employees of their direct clients. Their vested interested is with their direct clients only! I reached out to Insperity regarding a conflict at work with my direct supervisor. I provided the details & witnesses of the event to Insperity. My direct supervisor who is in Human Resources was violating my confidentially by reprimanding me in front of other employees. She began to discuss my work performance and threatened me by saying this is a verbal warning. I reached out to Insperity & the HR rep said that my supervisor's behavior was not inappropriate or out of line! She said it was OK for her to discuss my performance issues in an open environment & in front of other employees. She did not see my supervisor's actions as inappropriate or harsh! She also said my Supervisor was suffering from a cold which, made her voice rasp & that may have been misconstrued as an angry tone.

The Insperity rep also advised me that the witnesses she spoke to did not attest to the complaint I had which, is very false. Insperity ONLY cares about their direct clients. They have no ethical or moral standards when it comes to the well being of employees that are not their direct clients. They are NOT onsite on any of their client's businesses which, makes it a very unfair and unjust environment. They DO NOT want to bite the hand that feeds them. They will violate HR laws to keep their direct clients happy. DO NOT invest in Insperity! They are going to be slapped with lawsuits very soon! Stay away from them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Had my health insurance and payroll from them. They had me paying 553.00 every two weeks for health insurance. But took 700 plus dollars two pay periods in a roll. Then when I dropped the insurance in Jan 2018 still charged me 553. O.o On my last paycheck and could not use insurance and of course the lie become you owed for insurance in Jan to Feb 1st. You keep it and God bless you.

Insperity expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in a home office in 1986, Insperity is now a publicly traded company serving over 100,000 businesses across the United States. They offer full-service HR solutions in addition to individual solutions for organizations with five to 5,000 employees.

• Individual solutions: Businesses can choose from a full suite of individual solutions, including employment screening, recruitment services, insurance services and much more. Pick and choose which options can help your business.

• Mobile app: Insperity’s mobile app makes it easy for you and your employees to track benefits, 401K contributions, healthcare information and more. Test the app out on Insperity’s website.

• Resources: Learn more about PEOs, HR tips and more business insights with Insperity’s wealth of online resources. These are available for free and are accessible whether or not you use Insperity’s services.

• Community involvement: Insperity is committed to supporting and improving local communities through a variety of programs. Their areas of focus are health and human services, education, military/veterans and animal service organizations.

• Full-service HR: Businesses that need HR management will receive a wealth of services when they sign up for Insperity® Workforce Optimization®. Services include benefits management, employment administration, performance management support, government compliance reporting, employer liability management, training and development, business services and recruiting/outplacement support.

• Best for: Insperity is best for small and midsize businesses who need full-service HR services and/or individual solutions.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs