Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.89/5

Insperity specializes in full-service human resources solutions for businesses that have between five and 5,000 employees. Individual solutions are also available, and companies can get help with recruiting, insurance, retirement accounts, accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, timecards, scheduling, performance reviews, expense reporting and general HR consulting. Insperity serves more than 100,000 businesses across the nation.

Insperity Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insperity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Insperity?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I have had nothing but miserable experiences with them on multiple occasions - both before I left my company and when I had to deal with them for COBRA. They are late with their communications. Their people don't have answers and try to pass you someone else. The people who do answer the phone are not empowered and cannot go off script. Just a terrible experience every time. Do not use them if you can help it. I've had issues every step of the way - as a manager at a company that was using them and as an employee. I cannot wait to switch to someone else. Have used Paychex, TriNet and others - none are anywhere as bad.

Insperity response

Hi John, we're sorry that your experience with Insperity has been anything less than five-star. We'd be happy to speak with you to see how we can help. Please e-mail us at social@insperity.com with your preferred contact information and one of our representatives will call you at your convenience.

Get buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

This benefits company is very poor in resolving customer issues. I enrolled in an HSA via their enrollment process only to learn later that they enrolled me in a FSA and HSA. After several communications, written and verbal, I was ignored and the issue has never been resolved. Insperity claims and stated to me that out of the thousands of clients they do business with, I am the single and only client to have had this issue. They refuse to present a reasonable resolution so my funds in the FSA will go unused. why do I feel like I was just held up and robbed? I was wrongly enrolled in an FSA and the funds will go unused. Well maybe Insperity will use them. I will lose all of my funds, THANK YOU INSPERITY. :( DO NOT UTILIZE THIS COMPANY.

Insperity response

Hello Steve, We have record of your speaking with our contact center on multiple occasions over the last few months regarding your enrollment in an FSA. You are still able to use the money and the ways in which you are able to do so have been described. We would be happy to have someone call you to discuss further. Please email us at social@insperity.com with your preferred contact information and we will have a representative reach out to you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Do not do business with this company! They are very unethical! Their fees are not clearly spelled out and ridiculous. It took less than 3 months to realize all of their hidden fees. I promptly fired them and completed the forms they said were needed to discontinue their services. We then had to continue our medical insurance on Cobra because I had not been an "Employer" in the last 90 days. So I was given an estimate as to what it would cost to enroll with COBRA. I was given the estimate and my staff had their insurance thru COBRA.

When our COBRA benefits expired, we obtained insurance through the same Insurance Company and the 3 years later received a bill for $26,750! Yes that is not a typo. $250 per month per employee! We never received one bill, one statement - nothing! The salesperson knew why I fired Insperity and gave me the quote as to what it would cost me to have COBRA. Never once did they disclose their added fee! Is this even legal? BEWARE of this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

WageWorks Commuter account had over $700.00. Had to wait 90 days to get refund. Refund was sent to Insperity (not me) and they refuse to forward me the money I earned, not them. They are crooks and need put away for their crimes. They stole over $700.00 from me. They are crooks. Do not buy their services. They will rob you blind.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Insperity may seem attractive at first, they promise a lot of support in the beginning but are actually unable to follow through. Employees have had a difficult time getting answers to benefit related questions and FSA related questions. Insperity is unable to actually support your benefits needs. I would highly recommend an alternative benefits provider, especially if you want your employees to have a good experience and not waste time on the phone trying to work with Insperity.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I worked as an accountant for a small business for many years. They contracted with Insperity last year, and it was a big part of my decision to change jobs recently. I will never again work with Insperity. They promised the world, but they did not deliver on anything except cost savings for the employer. They squeeze and shortchange employees and ex-employees for the benefit of the company's bottom line, and their own.

As an accountant, they were very difficult to work with. Very little training, complex, clunky online system with two parts - Timestar and Insperity. They assigned me a super rude rep for the Timestar setup. He would not work with me to get paid-time-off set up and running. No one's paystubs ever had their PTO accrual on them. They switched main payroll processing reps on us 3 times in 4 months. Clunky, painstaking system for entering time. Total loss of control over payroll - couldn't easily correct errors or do deductions. Oh and there were lots of errors on Insperity's part - I had to correct them constantly during the submission process.

As an employee, they were very difficult to work with. We didn't have insurance cards and weren't activated when our benefits began, and for some time after, so I had issues with a doctor and prescriptions which took days to resolve. Mental health care pretty much ceases with Insperity. After I quit, Insperity terminated my coverage at midnight on my last day! Who does that? Then they waited until the very end of the legal limit to send my COBRA information. Had to pay full price for prescriptions and now am being told I won't be reimbursed. Customer service is uncaring, unresponsive, and a waste of time. Did Insperity save the company money? Yeah. But it was off the backs of hard-working employees. I didn't think it was right. So I found a different job and quit. I worked hard for over a decade at this company, but couldn't continue with such a heartless company as Insperity. They are cold and cruel. Not recommended.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Insperity is the HR/Benefits company for my spouse's employer. I’ve had to call them numerous times over issues with UHC. They have an exclusive several year deal with UHC so they just bring victims/companies in. Insperity is absolutely ZERO helpful to the members. Zero. They will “call” UHC but can not get anything accomplished because they apparently have no leverage. My opinion is that they get paid by UHC to bring in victims/companies AND get paid by companies to manage benefits... getting paid by both sides and not helping any members. They are a joke. Run. Run. Run.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have been trying to enroll with a mental health counselor since August 2018. All Insperity does is say, "Go check search our providers and call these numbers." I even let them know that this is useless and no one even calls me back let alone answers the phones. This is after dozens of calls over several weeks. So they sent me to a special department (?) that works with mental health issues and can help me find a counselor. Come to find they give you 3 discounted phone chats with a nurse and then they sent me more phone numbers to call. I pay over $1000 a year to have access to a medical phone book and 300 emails a month to buy movie tickets or restaurant vouchers. THIS IS HEALTHCARE IN 2019. INSPERITY IS A SCAM. DO NOT USE.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was employed by a company who used Insperity. After I left my position on 1/23, according to Texas SB 51 — my group insurance plan should of been terminated on 1/31 (the end of the month I left). Insperity instead terminated it on 1/23. I called to ask why my plan was terminated and cited TX SB 51, which they admitted they knew of. They told me to contact UnitedHealth Care. I did - and UHC directed me back to Insperity explaining “they are the one who enters the termination date for the policy for you.”

I then reached back to Insperity and they gave me the runaround. They asked if I was going to take COBRA (which shouldn’t matter). Then they explained that it can take up to 2 weeks for them to go back and update/fix the date - because I’m a Texas resident and their system is set-up to just handle terminations in general. Meanwhile I’m having to pay out of pocket for any prescriptions or medical services that I should have covered until the end of the month. Insperity did little to nothing to try and fix the issue — it’s not really in their interest since I’m not their employee anymore. All in all a horrible experience and poor implementation of TX SB 51.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

The stupid idiots screwed up payroll THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING! They had one job! Can't even do that right, screwed thousands of people on Thanksgiving. Their website and app are horrible and extremely difficult to use.

Insperity author review by ConsumerAffairs

Insperity provides human resources and administrative solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses. The company was founded in Texas in 1986 and has more than 60 offices across the nation that serve over 100,000 businesses. Insperity is a publicly traded company.

• Full-service HR: Small-to-medium businesses with less than 5,000 employees can outsource their entire HR management to Insperity. The company handles benefits, payroll, risk management, compliance and talent.

• Individual services: If a one-size-fits-all solution isn’t right for your company, you can also opt for individual services for recruiting, insurance, HR consulting, retirement/401ks, accounting and bookkeeping.

• Technology solutions: You can work with Insperity on individual technology solutions, including payroll, human capital management, time clocks, employee scheduling, organizational charting, performance reviews and expense reporting.

• Locations: Insperity has more than 60 offices across the United States. A tool on the company’s website lets you enter a ZIP code to find the nearest location. Branches are available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Washington, D.C.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team