Paychex Reviews

Find a Best PEO Services partner
2.7(368)

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Paychex

Paychex is a payroll and human resources solution for companies of all sizes. It offers a wide variety of business services to help employers hire, train and pay their employees. The system is designed to bring all of your business services onto one platform for easy access and optimal organization.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Easy to navigate
  • Free online quotes
  • Flexible plans
Cons
  • Can be pricey
  • Some reviews note slow support

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

• 13%
  • 4%
  • 41%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paychex?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paychex?
    Customer ServicePriceStaffReliability

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Do not waste a penny on this company. The most unreliable, un-organized company you can ever work with. They offer services they can’t commit to. Once they have you trapped into their hands they don’t even care about you as a customer. I have asked many times to Change our representative because she’s clueless of everything that’s expected from her and their management called, apologized but same issue continue. They charge you an extra $100.00 for a same day payroll process and even you do agree to pay and have it processed it’s still not done and they still charge you. By the time you get a customer service rep on the line it takes over an hour. I hate this company with a passion and I have over 100 employees and they all know this company is crap…

Pinned

Hello Annette, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceStaff

Reviewed May 25, 2024

I'm a small company with only 4 employees, I thought Paychex would be Ideal. However after they paid two employees who were fired a year earlier, one with a paper check which I caught and tore it up. The other one went direct deposit, to a employee that hasn't worked for me in over 14 months. The pay was for overtime and he never worked any time. I complained and demanded Paychex put that money back into my account. They said that's my problem and it was up to me to get that money back from a terminated employee. I disagree with that I didn't do it they did why should I have to seek repayment when they caused the issue not once but twice.

I told Paychex supervisors, managers and anyone else who would listen, they all said someone would get back to me and no one ever did. So I told them last year in June they got until the end of the year to pay me back or I will not be using Paychex after the first of the year, I said do not bill me for services and do not ask me for payroll. They called me every two weeks I said where is my money and I said no payroll until you pay me. So they Billed me every month for the last 5 months when I said do not bill me I am not using our services. I call them I get hung up on, no one calls me back, no one answers emails.

Then a employee has the state come after me for sick pay not being listed anywhere on his pay stubb and cost me $2000.00 in legal fees. When I told Paychex what they did to me the rep was changed and the new rep had no clue and said OH they will fix that. I said no payroll until you pay me . Now they owe me the direct deposit they made into a terminated employee's account, plus the monthy "variable" fees they debits out of my account the last 5 months. I cannot understand how they can charge me for payroll when I have done none and told them last year that I am not doing any payroll untill they pay me back.

When I asked about the variable fees they has some story and told me they were non refundable. NON refundable, they were not supposed to charge me and they have the nerve to tell me they are non refundable. They owe me the direct deposit they made to the terminated employee, they owe me the last 5 months in fees and they owe me for the legal fees I had defending myself when they as a professional payroll company failed to follow the state of California payroll requirements sick pay accrual. That is a breach on contract. I'm out $4000, they hide, they don't return calls, they don't respond to emails. Maybe they will respond to a lawsuit. It does seem they have a few of them, after googling "paychex lawsuits" there are litterally dozens of them. I hope they read this and do something before I add one more to the heap.

Pinned

Hello Heis, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

Very sincerely the worst customer experiences I have ever had as a business owner. RUN AWAY! You are treated as less than a number, no follow up. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing and literally don't care that this is the case.

Pinned

Hello, Dan We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Punctuality & SpeedProcess

Reviewed May 21, 2024

This company has an archaic method of doing business. Unbelievably slow. I asked to transfer my 401k plan. They said they needed nearly 3 months to process, they've now said they can do it effective within 2 months but seriously this is ridiculous. I'm a realtor, I can help someone sell their home and purchase a replacement in 14 days, they need months to do a wire transfer, honestly, it's embarrassing. Do not recommend at all.

Pinned

Hello, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed May 20, 2024

I have been going through one of the worst experiences with Paychex. I'm struggling with my tax refunds because of the error by Paychex team and their subsequent careless attitude. Despite so many follow-up emails, no one seems to be serious about resolving my problem.

Pinned

Hello, Mohammed, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed May 13, 2024

I do not recommend Paychex for any business. I worked with Paychex at my business in 2019-2021. I chose to leave the company due to many issues. Their HR support was minimal at best. I found myself consistently facing terrible communication issues. Their business is split by department and every time an answer is needed there are a minimum of 10 email addresses or 10 potential people that might answer you issue. Most of the time the answer is “we can’t help you. Call this other number.”

My company chose to return to Paychex against my recommendation. The handover was horrific. 6 months into the handoff and I have employees still receiving communication of dropped coverage, not being able to sign up for benefits, and a team of 10 Paychex employees who have not once been concerned about our terrible support. They haven’t checked in at all. If you think Paychex will replace not having an HR support, your team will feel terribly unsupported.

Pinned

Hello, Chelsea, We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with Paychex. If you are open to it, please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you so we can have leadership reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Reviewed May 10, 2024

These people don’t communicate between. Very disorganized. Everybody charges whatever department they are from. I cancelled six months ago and they still charge me. When I talk to them they act stupid like they don’t know what’s happening. Very annoying. Plus they didn’t file the EDD and the state called me upset asking for fines. When I told them I didn’t feel any rush to solve their mistake. Don’t sign up because you won’t be able to get out of their claws.

Pinned

Hello, Jordan We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with Paychex. If you are open to it, please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you so we can have leadership reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Paychex experience: If you'd like to pull your hair out daily then become a member of Paychex. This company is the master of ball dropping. The most disorganized company I've ever experienced and how bizarre that they are a payroll and HR service. You can't get people to respond in a timely manner. If you leave you get dinged thousands. As a franchisor who offered Paychex to our franchisees our franchisees were thrilled to learn that we decided to DROP Paychex as a vendor due to their horrendous inaccuracies and constant headaches for us and our entire system. ADP has been a dream and so glad we made the switch even if it cost us $$$$ to do so. Never again will we ever consider using Paychex from our absolute disaster of an experience.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

So, I cancelled service in july of 2023 and then I continue to receive a bill, then I try and go get my 2023 taxes to file them and they want me to pay $583 for my own taxes? I am a bit confused here but.. that is ridiculous.. I would never use this company ever, all the small fees they have they don't tell you about until it's too late. DON'T EVER USE THEM, when you try to cancel they harass you.. Highly don't recommend to anyone.

Pinned

Hello Jim, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

The worst of the worst. In fact, among any business I’ve ever dealt with they are the absolute worst. Customer service is abominable… They don’t even do the service that you pay for and you have no way of not getting your money back. Even when I reached a manager, the service was abominable. All I have is in random emails and I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A RESPONSE FROM ANYONE. There are no phone numbers. You just get transferred to your rep’s voicemail. Example: On 3/31/24 I got an email saying I have a new customer rep. I emailed Back asking if we could set a time to talk or an appointment. NO reply whatsoever. On 4/2/24 I left a voicemail when transferred, and her outgoing message simply said she is out for the month of January.!?! The entire culture of the organization is like that. I have no way of getting my money back and they did not provide ANY service. Beware.

Pinned

Hello, Patti. We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 24, 2024

This company is a scam!! They never filed my unemployment info so workers were never able to collect and I had big fines from the state on top of them billing me fines. No one does their job or knows what they are doing. They forged my signature and info and signed me up for a 401k $3,000 taken from my account. Charged me over double a month what I agreed to. They paid all of my employees $3,000.00 more over the year than what payroll was set up as. This company is a joke and a scam.

Pinned

Hello Nick, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concerns. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed April 23, 2024

I cannot tell you how many issues I have had with Paychex and how long it has taken to resolve problems! On top of so many of their mistakes, they deducted too much money for a FSA account for 2023 which caused them to have to reimburse me and provide me with a corrected W-2. Well, they still have not corrected it after 2 months and I had to file a tax extension because they keep messing up!!! They also deducted money each pay period for a 2024 FSA plan when I wasn’t even enrolled!! They also sent me someone else’s W-2 form! Yikes!

They do not have a solid system of fixing their mistakes. I have been transferred to so many different departments and nobody can solve the issues. I probably have over 30 emails and a plethora of phone calls to them. I have spent over 30 hours of my time trying to get them the correct information since they have no idea what they are doing. That is only a small portion of the issues! As the title says - the worst!

Pinned

Hello Holly, We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with Paychex. If you are open to it, please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you so we can have leadership reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Reviewed April 12, 2024

Worst decision I ever made. This company overcharges compared to their quote, they blew up my email with all their side hustles and made my job harder instead of easier. Because I run my payroll on my schedule they charge me a convenience fee. Well that’s not convenient for the client, only them. Which is one of their biggest problems, it’s all about them.

Pinned

Hello Donna, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed April 10, 2024

I switched from ADP because of price. They also promised me my taxes would be free and I would not be charged for not using my account. Adp charges maintenance fee even if you don’t use their service. I told them I would do my own 1099 taxes at the end of the year. They submitted them incorrectly and charged me. I’ve been trying to get a refund from them for 2 months. They keep saying they sent a refund check and they never did.

Pinned

Hello,Janae, thank you for your feedback. We'd like the opportunity to speak with you regarding some of the concerns you have. If you are open to it, please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you!

StaffReliability

Reviewed April 9, 2024

Glitchy software that will frustrate your employees. Log in issues at set up and onward. Too layered and buggy. I would never recommend this app or program. To anyone. Tech Support is difficult at best.

Pinned

Hello, Jay thank you for your feedback. We'd like the opportunity to speak with you regarding some of the concerns you have. If you are open to it, please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you!

Reviewed April 5, 2024

Horrible experience. We swapped from ADP. I should have stayed with ADP. They did not transfer the data correctly, and it messed up everyone's PTO. Ok fine, however, it had everyone showing negative hrs. When I asked about it, they said if I could get the correct numbers, they would enter it in for me. I thought everything was fixed, but people are starting to show negative balances again. To top it off, I just got a letter form the state of Alabama saying I owe back payroll taxes for Q1. This is their response (I started Q2 of 2023 with them): "Good afternoon, Thank you for your email. In quarter 1, you were not set up on tax pay at this time. You will have to file and pay on your behalf. Please let me know if there's anything else that I may be able to assist with."

Pinned

Hello Shawn, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

PriceStaff

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I was referred to Paychex by an accountant that liked how easy it was for his business to retrieve the information that they needed. I used them for a lot longer than I should have. Mistakes we made on a regular basis on simple payroll. I was constantly assigned a new 'payroll specialist' and would have to then reteach them how to enter my payroll. They claimed to have an 'easy online payroll entry feature' that wasn't easy and nobody trained us how to use. Further, after we moved to ADP they continued to charge us fees for doing absolutely nothing and when confronted said that the proper paperwork for cancelling wasn't completed. Terrible from the top down. Unfortunate that they have the market share that they do, as they make it hard on small businesses to function and aren't cheap. If you are considering payroll companies please do yourself and employees a favor and avoid this one.

Pinned

Hello Charles, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Installation & SetupSales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 1, 2024

There are a lot of problems with Paychex (which is the biggest understatement ever stated and if you purchase them you will find out); however, I think a lot of it stems from the fact that they have an amalgamation of different software and have no clue how it works or what it does. When we signed onto Paychex we were told that they had a vendor solution that would have access to... they did not. Sales reportedly said they did to then have support say they didn’t know what was occurring. This is a common theme, a lot of promises and no delivery at all once paid. Not even an attempt.

I have been a customer for over two years and they still do not have a way for me to enter my employees without having to go through them. I have asked for support numerous times, and they are not able to explain why. Paychex does not handle anything to do with workers comp or with anything outside the bare minimum of what they can do to keep you from leaving. They are less than helpful with any question about taxes they take out and will always say “we don’t know why... talk to an accountant”. I assumed if I was paying someone to handle this, they would be able to understand what they were being paid for, and good luck with their vaporware Quickbooks plugin that doesn't work.

Payroll never runs on time or without errors. All my employees hate Paychex because they are never consistent on paying the people they are paid to. In addition, there is no way for an employee to enter their ACH information, which is a super common feature OF ALL OTHER PLATFORMS. They have no idea what they are doing with W2’s and they have no idea of what consent for digital W2 is even though they wrote an article about it. They will always send paychecks to the wrong address. I have never had them send them to the employee's address and they always send them to a random address with very little explanation of why they do that.

As I write this, they have messed up payroll again, after two years of doing it and if I didn’t have 401k through them I would have left but I am hostage to them. On top of that, their user permission system is a joke of confusing check boxes that their support team doesn't even fully understand and their team takes months to setup the system incorrectly. If you are thinking about buying them, please for the love of god don’t.

Pinned

Hello Jeremiah. We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

I joined Paychex in July of 2023. At that time, I was told to submit my prior quarterly tax returns so that my W-2 at the end of the year would be correct. Correct My "dedicated representative" sent an email confirmation that all documents had been imported to their system and that I was all set. Further, the platform that I spent the text agents want, also confirmed that the representative had accessed my documents. In December, I received a completely incorrect W-2 and began reaching out to my representative. The same representative that assured me that my documents were imported, now claimed that she never received the documents.

I have spent the last 2 months sending emails and making phone calls that go weeks unanswered. I asked for and received another representative who also fails to return my calls, along with good supervisors. Ultimately, today I was told that the documents that Paychex received for a second time last month, are not sufficient to process the W-2 correctly and the originals sent in July are still unaccounted for. The sheer disregard, incompetence and lack of customer service is absolutely atrocious.

Pinned

Hello Candy. We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with Paychex. If you are open to it, please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you so we can have leadership reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Price

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

Their service was OK, but troublesome and rather expensive for what it was. But when we closed the business, they turned hostile, adding heading erroneous charges, not completing work, and basically wasting a great tale of my time.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

Paychex has been the worst experience of my career. The entire team from top to bottom is a nightmare of incompetence. I have told every person I know not to use the company for payroll or retirement services. Currently, to leave, I am to pay $1,500 and so I am being held hostage by this terrible company. Nearly every employee is either incompetent or worthless. This has been horrific, from start to finish. My payrolls were almost always wrong. The customer service is horrible. There is no management. The employee turnover rate is extraordinarily high, which is not surprising. Never, ever use this company for your business. You will absolutely regret ever engaging with Paychex.

Pinned

Hello, Erin, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

I work for a small business that was informed Paychex handles A to Z for the fee I was quoted. They never filed our Philadelphia Wage Tax: we had 8 different payroll reps in 5 months: the Payroll Flex makes errors with payroll and direct deposit and we get charged for corrections. We cancel the service in December and still receive call for Payroll and questioned if we are sure we canceled! No one returns your call and no email to place your concerns in writing!

Pinned

Hello, Linda We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Kristin increased rating by 1 star.
    Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff
    After a positive interaction with Paychex, Kristin increased their star rating on Feb. 14, 2024.

Updated review: Feb. 14, 2024

I have (finally) received an outpouring of apologies and Paychex has righted their wrongs.

Original Review: Feb. 12, 2024

1. I was incorrectly onboarded and told by my onboarding specialist Conor ** to cancel tax payments from my previous payroll company, as Paychex was going to do that. After being summoned to COURT due to non-payment, I discovered Paychex failed to pay my Virginia payroll taxes for Q3 2023.

2. Due to #1, I have made several phone calls and emails which have largely gone either unanswered or met with "we will have to figure out who is responsible." I don't care who is responsible. I was met with an unexpected late payment bill due to your incompetence from the Virginia Employment commission of approximately $86.

3. Inconsistent payroll times. I have been told anywhere from 4 pm to 8 pm is the due time for payroll submission. I hadn't been charged a late fee until I processed it at 8 pm for our most recent processing, to which I was told via email that I would accrue a $70 late fee. When I pushed back, I was told that I would receive a credit for $70. I just received a bill with a $29.68 discount, which does not cover the $156 I am owed.

4. Still no response about my cancelling services or fees accrued due to Paychex's incompetence and failure to respond. I have never received such poor customer service, and warn all those who are considering your services.

5. While boasting 24/7 customer service, phone calls go to voicemail every day, and emails go to a "pool" - this means that there is no corresponding between myself and a single representative. I have to explain my issue every time. As a result, nothing ever gets solved.

These are just the highlights of an otherwise sub-par, lackluster experience that I wish upon no other small business. I have spent countless hours trying to ensure my employees get paid, that I don't get ripped off as a company, and I don't end up in court or worse due to someone else's incompetence. Of note, I attempted to respond to reviews@paychex.com as indicated in many of the one-star reviews on this site, however it got kicked back stating undeliverable.

Pinned

Hello, Kristin, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2024

Our small family business was offered a flat $33/month service all inclusive by their sales rep. At the end of the year we were charged a surprise over $100 for W2 and year end reports processing. Talking to our rep led to no resolution. Talking to the manager resulted in one time credit only. The following year in 2023 they started charging $85/month until we noticed and contacted them. The new rep. (they always change) promised to look into it; in trying to follow up the answer was "I applied for an adjustment", but after several attempts to follow up she just stopped answering, no credit was issued. Eventually we quit them and received a call from their "retention specialist" who could not help with the past charges, but offered future discounts. They keep trying to process ACH payments 2 months after quitting, good we notified our bank to ignore the attempts. What a mess, would never expect this from a US based company.

Pinned

Hello Alex, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

Never sign up with this company. Starting with payroll the service. Expensive. Hidden fees all over the place. Quality of service terrible. Employee information wrong, socials wrong. They deliver checks, often missing checks for ourselves and employees. We are salary, check is the same every week. Had to request a new Rep because it happened so often. Get a new Rep, keeps happening. DO NOT sign up for any 401K service. They do not disclose any fees up front, tell you "you can cancel anytime". Send e-sign docs that you can't read. Rep calls from his cell phone so it's NOT recorded. You can not speak with a supervisor. They don't give out their email or phone numbers. Have you ever heard of a reputable company that won't give you a supervisors email? True boiler room stuff. Set up fee $2500, Cancellation FEE $1800. Thieves. I plan on filing formal complaints with regulatory agencies including NY and NJ Attorney Generals.

Pinned

Hello James, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Audrey increased rating by 4 stars.
    Price
    After a positive interaction with Paychex, Audrey increased their star rating on Jan. 24, 2024.

Updated review: Jan. 24, 2024

I am happy with the resolution. Thanks.

Original Review: Jan. 22, 2024

I have sent this company written request to refund the monies they debited from my account in 2023. We asked months earlier for them to stop debiting money from our account. My CPA sent the dates they needed to refund which I forwarded to Khance and she said we didn’t try until recently to stop their service. Even though that is not true, but shouldn’t the standard be you don’t charge for services you didn’t provide? I have the dates they debited and my CPA can vouch for providing these services. I expect these monies to be refunded.

Pinned

Hello Audrey, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

Paychex never disclosed their fees. I agreed to have them take over our payroll on the advice of our CPA. Paychex has refused to supply us with confirmation that we signed off their fees structure. We did not. Only after a month did they supply us with an invoice. Their customer support is confrontational and refuses to answer direct questions. We have filed a bad BBB review and a complaint with the Florida Department of Revenue. Do not ever work with this company.

Pinned

Hello Harold. We are sorry to hear about your experience with Paychex. We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you have. Please email reviews@paychex.com with your Company Name/ID, your name, and the best way to contact you. Thank you! We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Online & App

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2024

There is no support for the app, it's buggy, slow and a terrible user experience. If you have a bad data connection then just might as well give up on getting paid. No one can help you as Paychex support will just tell you to contact your employer... But your employer has no idea how the internal workings Paychex works so you're just bounced back and forth in hell while your financial well-being slowly burns...

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2024

They have made getting paid a very difficult and stressful thing ever since they have gotten involved. You cannot take vacation time if you have worked 40 hours. You cannot have a higher rate job. They continue to take out for a retirement plan that they were told not to do. I would recommend not using them at all because they make everything with the payroll more complicated.

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2024

Recently our old payroll company of 40 years was purchased by Paychex and we have had nothing but problems since! We were promised by Jeff someone would come out to show us how it all worked, and lied to, as that never happened. We were left to figure it out on our own, and our employees are furious as their paychecks are continually wrong. Everything was supposed to be smoothly transferred over, and never was. Weeks went by as we asked why the PTO had not been updated, and we had no "go to" person to fix it.

Our new employee asked how he had accumulated 3,443.610 hours of PTO when he was only with us for a few months??? This is just one instance, but again, no one to ask as we now have 4 different contacts and have no idea who is supposed to do what. As a business owner, we hire companies like this to make our job easier, but they have made my life a living Hell! I actually had a heart attack last Tuesday doing these forms the day after Christmas and spent 3 days in the hospital. Zero customer service!

Paychex Company Information