2. Job Search Sites

3.7/5 (329 ratings)

About LinkedIn

LinkedIn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?

Original review: March 20, 2021

This website advertises posting a job if employers are hiring. I post to hire a marketer for my medical clinic. They asked me about my credit card information and address, name, and much more. After 2 hours, I found they block my account and asked me to send them my Driver's license photo. I called them more than 5 times and sent the messages and no reply for days. I sent them my Driver's license photo because they have my Credit card and they charge me $21 per day and I can't even log in to the website to stop it. After I sent my driver's license they sent me an email and asking for my passport too. This is a very fishy act. This is fraud to force people to send them their government-issued documents and doesn't let people close their account and they keep the people credit card information and charge them daily for the account that they restricted them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

There is no Help Desk of ANY kind. Options they say they provide Never work - Ex. I don't want to get "Ads", and even though I say I don't want them and yet I am constantly having to block the posters. I'm daily getting deluged with ads that take me 30 minutes to clean out. I get the feeling from LinkedIn that they think they are doing me a 'favor' by sending me ads by people, organizations, etc. That I don't know and don't have any interest in. There is a LOT of political posting on the site and I have begun to realize that Linkedin is run by Democrats. If you post anything or follow anything that THEY don't agree with - you are branded as a "Hater". What are political ads and posting doing on that site anyway???? If you "connect" with someone, they assume automatically that you want to follow them.

If you check into a company, they assume you want to follow them as well. This means you are deluged daily with anything/everything your connections want to send out. If you join a group, people are free to not follow the rules and advertise whatever they want and you get stuck with it in your profile box. People try to get rated as "Influencers" on LinkedIn and that is another nightmare of ads and posts altogether. I went to a job search meeting and 1 woman was trying to get counted as an "Influencer". She had brought a phone, which she swiped through the group and rejoiced when she told us that we were now connected to HER LinkedIn account. I was supremely glad I didn't have my phone with me at the time. This was not originally supposed to be a job search site or Influencing site.

I understood it to be a site to reach out and connect with people you knew or had worked with or people you wanted to know who had the same interests as you. I would cancel my connection if I didn't have so many people in my network who would lose my connections. I'm supposed to have a Private site - but anybody can view me and connect with me.??? When I opted for the new job search mode activation, LinkedIn COMPLETELY wiped out all my job details and awards and refuses to restore my information. This site is no longer geared for the user - it is for LI bragging rights.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

This review is about the protection of our 1st Amendment right. I thought about how to write this review over the last two weeks. If you are looking for a professional website that respects your freedom of speech, then LinkedIn is not for you. I have been a member for almost 9 years, in the beginning, LinkedIn was a professional business website that respected its customers. Over the last few years that has changed, and without warning my account was restricted. I do not know the reason why, nor do I care. I have not said or done anything that was offensive or disrespectful. This form of censorship is unacceptable and should not be allowed.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Linkedin is directly responsible for the consistent discriminatory practices on their site by allowing recruiters to look at your picture and not respond to the experience. I have been paying attention and taking names of recruiters that only look at your picture. Linkedin is a partner in this continued effort to discriminate on race, age, weight, etc. Linkedin is only for those whose look isn't that of a minority. Shameful!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

After being involved with LinkedIn since its inception, I am banned without warning and with no reason. Horribly run. Pathetic. I have 3,000+ followers and I contributed daily to the information being dispersed, but this garbage happens.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

LinkedIn is an amazing website to connect with like-minded people and professionals. You can do a search for a business or a person. I find it really helpful when advertising my business and connecting with people from all over the world. I really like the fact that I can read articles and magazines for free and they're so educational and informative. I’ve made some amazing connections with organizations and was able to network with people and that’s how I was able to find my amazing career.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Great Website. A real industry leader and asset App. I really like their mobile App. as well. It would be greatly appreciated if they could send virtual business cards. LinkedIn spends a great of time and effort in updating its app. and keeping current with the times.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

LinkedIn has a great connection network, usually all HRs will be actively searching candidates in LinkedIn, easy to chat with the recruiter. Resume kind of profile is already available to employers. It is easy to approach the companies and get the feedback easily. Easy to search jobs through keywords. One click submission can be done to apply for the job. Candidates can also get brief idea on what company is and what kind of products company develop.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

The app is overall good with easy-to-use features, but I still haven't been able to settle a good position thanks to LinkedIn. However, LinkedIn will still be one of the reliable job search sites I will go to in times I need a job in the future.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Overall, LinkedIn operates like a typical job search site. Employers post job opportunities and applicants search for them and apply. Search results will yield thousands of results. Unfortunately, the search results are often riddled with entries that are not related or relevant to the search input. If you upload your resume, the search results will identify if your resume matches the job description. Another helpful feature is the site provides information on how many applicants have applied for a position thru the website. The site provides comprehensive information on the businesses that post opportunities. Allowing the user (applicant) to make informed decisions. One negative trait, the site does not strictly monitor what is being posted, and it allows spam posting (fake, illegal and scam job offerings). It is not my preferred job site but it does provide the necessities.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I love LinkedIn Jobs for the tailored job recommendations and the easy INApply feature. I have actually found a couple of jobs through it. It is very convenient to open your profile up to recruiters and tell your network that you are seeking employment. I like how your profile is shared with those you are applying with, especially since I have a ton of recommendations! If I could change one thing, it would be the same job sent to me over and over again. I get excited that there is a new recommendation and then, when I apply, it tells me "you've already applied". All in all, I often find a better quality job on LinkedIn and would recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I have used LinkedIn for several years to apply for jobs. I love that I can link my profile to the application. My references, resume and skill set are all in one place for companies to see. I have found two jobs from my search on LinkedIn. It is also where I go to research a company before an interview or deciding on whether it is a good company to work for. I do all of my business networking using LinkedIn. I love the platform. It has everything a job seeker needs in one place.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I came across this survey ironically as LinkedIn is down tonight. Twice when checked, all I get is a blank white screen - no error message. As for a review: I don't care for how just anyone can contact/spam me, even if we have no connections in common, LI has just become a place for unwanted solicitation. They should have a feature where user can screen whether/what type of inquiries they want to receive. I don't care for their search functionality, it's difficult to find someone you have a few details about (e.g. you have a first name, location, and company, it should bring up everyone that fits that criteria, but doesn't). However, it is the gold standard of career sites, and does have a good amount of jobs posted. Networking could be better; LI should sponsor on and offline networking events! Glassdoor is better on the peer reviews and salary info, but they have technical issues, too.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

While LinkedIn started as a good idea, it's not really a good place to connect because people try to add quantity instead of substance of connections. I get far too many connection requests from people who work for companies I have never worked for or are just not in my state. I would prefer to connect with people who are close to or in my home town for job prospects and as a sort of reference list.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

The website offers enough basic information for user to review. It gives seeker a chance without violating any privacy issues. It is user friendly and easy to navigate. It allows users to offer wide variety information without being repetitive and boring.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Linked in is a great way to network with other professionals and to find people with common interests, and even quite possibly to secure new work. The downside is that many businesses use the site as a marketing platform without much regard for the consumer. At times people may be a bit too aggressive in hawking their products or services. I use the site to post pithy news articles and commentaries about the issues of the day and many people enjoy seeing these articles as I cull them from publications most users may never see. I stay in touch with a small circle of fellow writers and that functions as a support groups. I also share helpful tips.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Sight is boring to use for modern business owners. People I didn't know yes found it to use long term. Boring compared to other social networks. I wouldn't use it for job search. Not the first things that comes to mind on that topic.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have come into contact with old friends and school peers on this site. It has allowed me to connect on a professional level to do work in areas of my expertise. This is a great opportunity to find new jobs or make extra money with having a second job.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Easy to navigate, can view anonymously. Pretty much user-friendly. Easy to upload documents. Great tool for job search, especially informative of company culture. Can filter with ease, can find available positions uniquely.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

The filtering system for looking for a job allows you to look for $40,000 & $60,000 jobs but not $50,000. If you filter for $40,000, you get many jobs that don't tell you what the salary range is. I think it should be a requirement that the company post salary or hourly pay in order to not waste a significant amount of time for everybody. I am also noticing a tremendous amount of fake jobs and fake people with fake profiles are trying to connect. Keanu Reeves was supposedly following me yesterday, but it obviously wasn't Keanu Reeves. It was a fake profile. I don't have a lot of trust in the site other than I think it has some interesting conversations with celebrity advice and the public responding. But as a job site, I don't think it works. I have to pretend like I work for the FBI just to research whether or not a job is actually legit. You also get notifications that someone has viewed your profile. But people can view in a secret mode, and you have to pay money to see who viewed it. But aren't they making money on the back end off of the fake job postings (MLM)?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

LinkedIn has powerful network effects. After spending about an hour updating my profile according to their recommendations I started hearing from recruiters almost daily. It can feel like a full-time job but is well worth the effort.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

LinkedIn has proven its reliability and being current. Even family has used it extensively. It is easy to use and easy to find someone/thing. To have the availability of this tool to help, makes finding a new place of employment easier and pleasant.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

It’s easy to apply on this site. Limited in your search options. Most reliable job listings with most complete job descriptions available. Can count on responses from the job poster instead of your application going into a black hole.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I like LinkedIn but sometimes it gets boring, maybe if more people connected it would be better, also a engine to find people more successfully, otherwise a great site for advertising, not many people on it tho.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Linked is very nice job search for everyone to get started with their career. I personally recommend it, it's a social media platform of jobs which makes it different from its competitors like Monster.com, Indeed, Naukri.com, etc..

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Well, I have no basis for reference because all I've ever used is LinkedIn. I joined it over 10 years ago when it was really the only player in the game and it has since stayed updated and relevant and has all sorts of network effects going for it. It constantly surprises me with connections and it is easy to modulate the notifications. It is also easy to upload resumes and it has a handy resume template. Its job titles and job skills also has gotten quite granular and specific. I've not applied for a job through it, so I don't know if it actually works.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I like that I can set alerts for certain jobs that pertain to me or my area. The alerts can also really help if you are moving to an area to see the job market. Staying connected with co-workers has also helped build my profile.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

LinkedIn is a very powerful source of career options and awareness, However the filtering of letting just anyone apply for jobs they don't qualify in, make the process inundating for hiring managers where they lose the credible applicants.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I am currently looking for a position that is detailed and well written on the job posting. Sometimes the information provided by the employer is minimum or we need to contact the company for further details but otherwise is a good way to find some local resources.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

LinkedIn is easy to find the jobs I am looking for. I also like how they keep me updated of new postings so the jobs kind of find me. LOL. Profiles help to understand the people in the company so I can get an idea if the culture is a good fit.

LinkedIn Company Information