4.4/5 (124 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Hibu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Steve ** has had the best communication from day one. I highly recommend him to anyone thinking about a website and marketing. He has constantly kept in touch with us and made sure every need was done right. If you need marketing, call Steve **!

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Steve! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I signed up with Hibu last spring because I wanted to automate more of my business and free up some time from copywriting and setting campaigns. I was assured they would be fully taking over my FB ad sets and writing copy for my e-comm POD business. They promised results and promised to see positive increased engagement.

None of this turned out to be true, I wasted so much money on them and was locked into a 6-month contract. At one point a new manager on my account had called me to "check-in" and he had asked how everything was going, politely I expressed my concerns and experience with Hibu thus far and the disappointment in not seeing any ROI. I mentioned I would not be extending my contract and he hung up on me. I brushed that off and just decided to call back at the 6-month mark to cancel. I had thought everything was canceled but was still charged for 2 additional months, so I had to call again to cancel. Now it seems like we are all settled and canceled, but that was an additional $700 wasted after I had thought I canceled. Lame.

I did run a test on Etsy and Instagram with my own campaigns compared to Hibu on FB, and the results were much better than I was getting from Hibu. After looking through the ads they ran, the copy was garbage and there was no hook or CTA. Not sure who they are hiring or what their requirements are for their copywriters or social media managers, but it doesn't seem to be adequate. I have since run more ads on FB and in one month my ads outperformed theirs over the last 8 months.

Just to really drive this home, I would like to mention that I had been getting engagement and sales from my own FB ads prior, and since working with Hibu, I didn't make a single sale or get hardly any engagement from their posts. Maybe for other services, they are a good option, but for e-comm, they really don't have the expertise to follow up with the promises they make.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Dennis approached me earlier this year just like most of the phone calls I get from telemarketers, but Dennis came in to see me in person and when I found out what he does and that he was local it pushed me over the edge to start because marketing is something I always knew I had to do eventually and with the solution and price that Dennis presented me, it was hard to pass up. So far Dennis has set the right expectations with me and delivered on everything he has told me thus far. He helped me design a logo, took care of the website design and everything looks better than I could have ever imagined compared to what I had prior to partnering with Hibu. As a small business owner, these are the kind of things we value is a trusted partner to help us grow.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Dennis Pimentel! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Stacy has been fabulous to work with! She is easy to get in contact with and has been able to answer questions that I have had. Stacy was recommended to me by another healthcare facility, I am glad they did!

Hibu response

We’re thrilled you’ve had a positive experience! Thank you so much for sharing! Have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Susan and her team are the best! They deliver excellent customer service every time. The enthusiasm, friendliness and professionalism we receive is always consistent! Susan is always willing and available to help us generate more volume and create new ideas for our business. She has been a huge part of our growth and we appreciate all her education when it comes to marketing and her awesome, creative ideas! Thank you Susan and the entire Hibu Team! We appreciate you!

-Wiz Plumbing

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Updated on 12/14/2021: Update to my previous review about HIBU. Someone at HIBU contacted me about my review on ConsumerAffairs, they have put my account under investigation. My ads, that I have pre-paid for, have been paused since last week. Still no answers ... DO NOT WORK WITH HIBU. Can't stress that enough.

Original Review: DO NOT do business with HIBU. Absolute SCAM. The sales person tells you complete lies after you ask VERY specific questions. Then after you've signed your contract (even though you don't realize you are signing a six month contract) all they do is offer their apologies. I am stuck paying them $300 a month and have had ZERO sales as a result. I'm pretty sure they aren't even running ads, they are just pocketing the money. 19 clicks in one month is a complete JOKE.

I wish I would have read other reviews before getting involved with them. They bill you at the beginning of your month and if you are even one minute late in paying, they WILL HARASS YOU DAILY with phone calls and emails. I'm paying for nothing but apologies NO sales. They should truly consider becoming a non-profit because I'm donating to their paychecks. That's about it ...

Hibu response
On 07/29/21 your Social campaign was authorized for a minimum 6- month contract over the phone. A copy of the contract was emailed to chief@clrtribe.com confirming the terms of the contract on 07/29/21. Information regarding the clicks to your Social campaign is available on your dashboard. Between 08/26/21-09/26/21 you had 185 clicks. 09/26/21-9/29/21 8 clicks (This is because you were paused 09/29/21-11/10/21). 11/10/21-11/26/21 54 clicks (Again this was because you were paused until 11/10/21 so this was not a full month) 11/26/21-today 32 clicks.

The most recent pause that you refer to was due to non-payment on your account. When payments are not received in time the advertising is paused until the payment is made to become current. On 12/08/21 a payment was made and your Social product was running.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I had the pleasure of working with Jen ** and I am happy to announce, she is the very best marketing specialist I have spoken to or worked with. As a lifelong master mason & the owner of Old Colony Masons, Quincy, Ma., I needed help with online marketing. After talking to an unlimited amount of marketing companies over the years, I finally found a true professional with Jen **. Jen is different than most digital marketers. She learned everything about the masonry contracting business before offering marketing advice to us. That was key in my opinion. How can a marketing company sell marketing without knowing you're business first?

What's most important to my businesses success she asked, driving people to my website or making the phone ring. "Making the phone ring", I replied. Jen certainly did that for us and a whole lot more. We now get people not only calling to schedule onsite estimates but customers scheduling through our online forms. Jen will help you to build an email database, the ability to sell without ever talking to your customer, she builds an easy method for customer to write testimonials & she will help you get reviews.

Jen increases your Google & Bing rankings quickly. We now are listed on top of search engines. I thought my website was great but Jen was able to upgrade that too and she made it interactive. My customers love that. She allows us to dictate our marketing budget, I dictate how much help we need with SEO, posts, blogs, analytics, etc. I'm no longer on a specific, made for everyone marketing plan. Jen set us up with helpful plug in's, she expanded our reach and she turned my already successful company into a booking machine.

If you think your marketing pro is doing a good job, call Jen **. She will surprise you with her knowledge, experience & her ability to grow a business. Jen is not a young kid trying to make their bones. She is a marketing master and she tailor builds a plan that will work for your individual business. Old Colony Masons highly recommends hiring Jen **. Let this incredible person take over your company's marketing and she will give you more than just a return on investment. She will literally grow your business from day one.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Since Randy has started our advertising I have listened to his recommendations/suggestions. I have seen 3-4 times the leads come in and we are very impressed with his due-diligence and long term history of customer service with our company, as well as paying attention to detail. Business has been off the charts the past 6 months and going forward we are increasing our advertising even more. Thanks for helping my business grow!

Scott M **
Comfort Zone AC and Heating, LLC

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

It is too bad that you can't leave less than a 1 star rating. Hibu is probably the worst company I have ever worked with. In the 6+ weeks we have been doing paid Google search with them we received 4 phone calls that cost us over $750 each. After bringing this to their attention I was told that they could optimize the program. If they were actually managing my campaign wouldn't they see that the program is not working. Why did I have to bring it to their attention? I am looking for a Marketing Partner and not a company that just bills me each month and results don't matter. The digital market is tough and have been taken advantage before.

I asked my rep and my rep's manager what percentage of my advertising budget actually goes to Google. When I called in to the toll free number I was told there NO FEE to manage my advertising because they get paid from Google. According to their Terms and Conditions this statement is FALSE as it clearly stated a percentage of what we pay them is allocated to their fee. When I asked my rep and his manager I was told that information is not available to them and above their pay grade. I have seen online and told by others that their fee is 50% of my budget to manage the campaign.

Nowhere on the agreement is the management fee listed to run my Google Ad Words. I have been talking with other REPUTABLE agencies and we would pay Google directly on our own account and pay them an agreed upon amount to manage the advertising. I have been quoted anywhere from 12-33% which is transparent and something that Hibu does not care about. If you are looking to flush your money down the toilet Hibu is your company. If you are looking for results it won't be coming from Hibu. BUYER BEWARE!

Hibu response

We have made several attempts to contact you to review your advertising concern that was first brought to our attention 11/11/21. Please call Hibu Customer Service within the next 3 business days. If we don't hear from you, we will assume the concern has been resolved and we will close our investigation.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Steven ** with Mark did a fantastic job replacing toilet, clean drainage lines and flushing hot water tank. Would highly recommend to anyone. Have used Duncan Plumbing Solutions several times with great results. Always on time and pleasant to work with.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

**BUYER BEWARE- ** Hiring Hibu for their web services has been my biggest mistake for my business yet. The business model is 3-fold: DISPLAY/SEARCH/REPUTATION. The promises of support and customer care were overpromised and under-delivered! Their Dashboard provides "measurable metrics" but their program and internet intelligence has done absolutely nothing for my business, yet they still continue to get paid.

I have spoken with my sales rep, his boss and the corporate cancellation line on numerous occasions and it's a run-around that reminds me of a "6-month contract." "Just give it a little more time" is a common statement that I have heard from this vendor; it's been over two months and they continue to state they are going to try new things and do this and that- yet nothing changes.

In summary, Hibu is the only winner here. Instead of standing behind their product and earning their money, they threaten collections after a failed partnership. In hindsight, I now look over the reviews of potential companies and wish I had done my research on HIBU before going under contract with them because I have found too many negative reviews to count! Do yourself a favor and stay far away from Hibu.

Hibu response

We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concern, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

They do not warn you when an auto renewal is due and if you notice and call them to cancel, even four days in, they refuse. They then charge you for the whole month. For me it was a PPC campaign. I was on pause and had told the salesman that we were too busy to accept new leads and wanted to cancel the campaign. I let them talk me into pausing it. When it came time to come off of the final allowed pause I was charged for renewal. When I noticed months later, I called 4 days into the month I discovered it. I told them I wanted to cancel, I was told that I had to wait until the end of the month. I was charged for the whole month even though I had called on the fourth.

Additionally, they had sent emails reminding me that the pause was coming to an end and asked if I wanted to remain on pause. I did and responded. I did not receive an email asking if I wanted to go active at the end of the final allowed pause. I recommend you stay away from a company that operates this way. If you do go with them and want to pause your campaign, I highly recommend you cancel it when you don't need it and start it up again when you need it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

What an outstanding company and the results are REAL! We would not have had the patients in our door had it not been for HIBU. We are receiving many new patients that really enjoy social media and the results are from all ages and demographics. Thank you HIBU!! IT WORKS!!

Hibu response

Thank you so much for the awesome review! It really does mean a lot. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything from us in the future.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Allan is working on my web design and advertise for a little over 6 months and double my sales since. Great service, efficient communication, highly recommend for business that wants more new customers. Fantastic company and very reliable with a reasonable prices. Jeff ** (owner) Evolution iron Works

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Great job at explaining their services and service after the sale. Hibu has driven more customers to my business over time than any other platform, also has a great dashboard to track all 3 platforms they run for the company.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I just recently decided my business needed a boost, and let me tell you…first day my website went live. 15 calls before noon and got commitment on 3, and still going strong. The boost that Steve ** gave my business is unbelievable. Money well spent. Not to mention Allison, she was so patient with me while I figured things out. Best move I ever made

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Nikki is the hardest working and most caring. Nikki ** is a digital account manager for Hibu. Words can't describe how happy I am with her attention to detail and customer care! I just wanted to say out loud how happy I am with Hibu for hiring her and that I'm so thankful she was assigned to my account.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

After struggling to find helpful or reliable marketing services, we are so pleased to have found Hibu and Dave **. We are delighted with our website, the increase in business, and the personal assistance we have received! We highly recommend!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Hibu was the worst business investment I've made so far. They were not helpful at all and I should have continued to create my ads myself because that's what I had to do using their service anyway. I was told that they were going to create and post the ads for me monthly but they used the same ad and pictures for months even though I submitted more photos.

Hibu response

Thank you for your feedback. I have checked your dashboard and the testing focus was being changed each month. The testing focus can be ad copy, images, or call to action. The product is working correctly and the ad performance is exceeding the estimated clicks of the program. We are happy to assist with any changes that you would like made, you would just need to contact our Support team. We have attempted to reach you over the phone and via email several times, but have not heard back. Please call us at 877-899-1228 if you would like to make changes or have any further questions.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

The representative tells everything they will do for marketing, help, and not showing options of budget for digital marketing. They tell us in beginning they have all knowledge to do it. We want the way it should be. It takes so much time and billing they say after launching will start but it starts as soon as we sign the contract. Google connections they don't do it. It takes time and 2 months nothing happens. The representative goes away without replacing anyone who helps. Always says call support team. Till today I do not have a single customer through this marketing campaign. Social media campaign they are doing without social media connection? How it will work and charge for it in addition to displaying ads means without doing connections.

They try to do marketing. Says will try this one then it did not work then try another one or ask for an increased budget. This company should know where it works in what type of budget. They don't start from a lower budget at all. If you hold the payment they suspend the marketing even after showing the proof of payments. I am spending more time and money than before doing marketing then work myself. This is a waste of money not giving results as the money we pay them. I will never recommend them at all. In this pandemic, I thought I will get my business back on track as they promised but says the contract only will change it but not allows to change it. I have paid payment but not resolving yet. My reviews do not shows on Google to know more people. Why it should not share with it automatically?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Zach ** was fabulous, very kind and warm and made me feel super comfortable to be able to call him whenever I needed something. I was not always happy with the people actually making my website, I did feel that it was at times thrown together and not very professionally done.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for the awesome review! It really does mean a lot. We are sorry to hear of your concerns with your website. Our Website Support Team can be reached at 877 237 6120 for changes and questions Monday to Friday from 7:00am-10:00pm and Saturday from 7:00am -5:00pm. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything from us in the future.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Mike ** with Pest Management Services Incorporated of Ashburn VA has provided us with great service for years. He is such a nice guy and we are always pleased with the pest control services every quarter. Thank you for the opportunity to rate this company.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Stacy was very good at helping me understand what your company can do for me. She worked with me for about a year before I decided to work with her. She was very understanding that I don't really get the online advertising. I hope this will help my business grow.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for the positive review! When you’re happy, we’re happy! Hope you have a great day!

Original review: July 19, 2021

We are a small business that had a terrible experience with Hibu. We had a 6 month contract with Hibu for several services and tried to terminate our contract at the end of the 6 month period (with adequate notice as defined in the contract). The sales rep was pushy and would not assist with the termination until you were forced to watch a 6 minute video about how much they did for your company. Be sure you know what you are getting into and how to terminate your agreement. I would not recommend getting locked into their service agreement.

Hibu response

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our service during your request for cancellation. I researched your account and found that upon your request to cancel your sales representative offered to set up a meeting in person or Zoom to assist with the cancellation process. There was no response to the request to set up a meeting. Sales then emailed a video with the subject line "Susong Dermatology's Please watch before Canceling- Instructions Included!". This video included the phone number to our cancellations team and it was advised that you would needed to call the number provided in the video to request cancellation. I show on 07/14/2021 you did call in and request cancellation and your products are now set up for cancellation.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I just want to take the time, which is long overdue, to give a positive review for Don **. Don has been nothing but helpful with my website and his input on how I can better reach out to new customers. Don is very professional and knowledgeable. He is not pushy, but, when I have any questions or issues he is there for me. I appreciate everything he does. Thanks Don

Original review: July 15, 2021

Kyla is amazing to say the least. She is very professional but also very personable. It's like having a friend cheering on our business and helping us grow to our full potential. She knows the market, does her research where she needs to, and provides exactly what our company needs.

Original review: July 14, 2021

We hired a digital strategist on Thumbtack to later find out he is a sales rep for Hibu (when he already took our credit card info, and then connected our social media pages with Hibu) so we had no idea that we were “hiring” them. Our experience with Hibu has been terrible from the beginning, our Google my business got suspended when syncing it to their dashboard, and was suspended for a month, we’ve gotten maybe 2-3 calls from their google ads in 2 months (all from people that live 6 hrs from where we are based), no messages or comments on their Facebook ads and we are spending $1200 a month.

Our Facebook ads were down for 1-2 weeks, then it was finally up and it was the wrong ad. Been trying to cancel but the company says the sales rep and his manager have to cancel it and then they state they can’t cancel it, so basically nobody is able to. But somehow they are all able to set the payment account? If we were getting ANY type of results we would be okay with spending that amount of money but with no results, no customer service, and no help. Don’t make the same mistake we did, DO NOT HIRE THEM.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I have enjoyed great results and excellent customer service so far. I am excited to keep growing my clientele. Jamie has been so easy to work with every step of the way, making time to accommodate my schedule and thoroughly explaining all the processes. Thanks again!

Original review: July 1, 2021

When my rep Dennis walked into my shop almost 2 years ago, I didn't know this would be the start of something great. I'm a small business that repairs and replaces auto glass and was looking for more leads to keep my team busy and grow my business. The solutions that Dennis and Sharon proposed made immediate sense and I have been consistently getting 100+ phone calls/mo ever since. Great solution but even better service!

Original review: June 29, 2021

We purchased Hibu online Google advertising program for which we saw very little increased activity. My big complaint is they have a system to ask your customer to rate your company and services. The problem is they do not transfer over to Google automatically unless the customer presses a special Google button. So we have 4 new 5 star reviews that do not show up on Google and Hibu says they have no way to transfer the review if the customer doesn't hit the magic button. Google reviews are what matters in the internet world and having reviews on Hibu is good but these reviews should transfer automatically to Google especially with what Hibu is charging for their services.

Hibu response

Based on the research of your concern we have determined that no error has occurred. We appreciate your understanding during our investigation.

Hibu Company Information