ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.20/5

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

Hibu Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

First of all this service was misrepresented to us by the salesperson Jon ** on the first day we talked to him. We took the Facebook ad service with him telling me that the facebook ad could be targeted to meet our needs (for example "Veterinarian"). Well, that simply was not true. The closest they could get was a very general target of "college-educated". This is totally useless. We also were told that we could change the ad when we wanted and I did several times. Each time they messed it up and in fact, the ad that they are forcing on us now is still not what we sent them.

Also, I have sent numerous emails to the salesperson and his manager. They came out to talk to us and we were willing to let them try to fix the mess. The next couple of days Jon sent me a file image of a new ad. I took the ad he sent and edited it myself to make it just what I wanted. Remember this is the same ad image that he sent me that I changed the text on. So simple right. No, when it posted it was still wrong and after several emails to change it it is still wrong. At that point, I was so done with these people since they did not give me what they sold me upfront and they were unable to get the ad right.

We have told them to cancel the service they have refused at every turn. Their tactic is just not to call or email you back with any real help. Then they sent me to what they called the investigation team! Wow, they have an investigation team for just what I not sure. Still haven't heard from them either. We will be making a complaint with the BBB and with the state of Wisconsin since this company has provided us with no help whatsoever. We have canceled the payment and they, in turn, have threatened to send us to collections. Don't believe what these people tell you. The worst part of it is we got NO HELP for the ads at all. $300 per month wasted. The listing manager was of uses but that cost was $40. The rest a complete waste of time and money. Think twice before you sign anything with these people. They have no intention of ever letting you off it even if the service was misrepresented.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Long story short. A sales person stopped into my karate school to get my business. He was very pushy but in a nice way, that's what sales people do. He was actually pretty nice and did everything he could to get me started. I signed a contract that was to begin in about 4 months from signing. My business wasn't where it needed to be so I canceled before the contract took effect. Since then it has been nothing but a nightmare. Taking money out of my account for a service I am not using. Harassing emails and texts. And just utter incompetence. I've spoken to people in the upper levels who assured me everything is canceled. And yet as of yesterday I received an email telling me my payments are late. I have everything documented and I'm about to seek legal counsel. Run! Run from these people as fast as you can.

1/7/20

Thank you, Keith, for your understanding during our recent conversation regarding your Hibu advertising. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased to be able to resolve the matter.

Hi Keith, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any
inconvenience you had with Hibu Search and Display Ads Standard. We’ll schedule someone from our

customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Resolution response: Dec. 23, 2019

Hibu has provided clarity on the issue, and though it was not the right marketing avenue for us, they made every effort to satisfy the client. We appreciate the many people who took the time from Hibu to speak with us in regards to our situation.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

As someone who has nearly 10 years of experience working in marketing, I was excited to see what Hibu could do for my business, especially after the initial meeting and webinars. At the very start, I was told that I could cancel my contract after 6 months; when I inquired to do so, I was told I was locked in for 12 months, and there is no way of getting out.

In the 6 months of having Hibu, we were not seeing any leads or inquiries for our business coming from Hibu. Instead, the marketing I was doing on my own, was pulling in more foot traffic for our business. Instead of Hibu trying to resolve and better their services, they would keep highlighting the call times, and the clicks on the website. Again -- none of that made a difference to me, if THOSE specific people were not walking in my door. After jumping from loop to loop, I was able to cancel the largest bulk of my Hibu contract, but was still left with my Google listings -- I was told it was a still a 12 month contract, and I had to continue paying the $40/month, for another few months (until the contract ended). I agreed to that, and it was the end.

Just recently, people informed me that they could NO longer find our business on Google. When I went to look, I was seeing that it was completely removed, along with our Google maps, reviews, images. etc. I contracted Hibu to learn more about this, and they said that because I had requested it to be removed, they removed it. But here's the best part...I was ALWAYS told I could not remove it because it was a 12-month contract, and I have it in writing (via email), agreeing to keep the Google listing.

So why on earth would Hibu remove something from my business end, without my consent OR better-off, without informing me. This is a loss of business and moreover, revenue because when people search for our business, it will not show up for them anymore. This has been the WORSE experience from Hibu and I will NOT recommend them to my business-owner friends.

12/17/2019

Hello, We have received your concerns and are so very sorry for the issues you've encountered. A member of our Senior Customer Care team will be in contact shortly to work with you on this. Thank you.

12/23/2019

Thank you for taking time from your busy day to discuss your concerns and hopefully make things rest easier with you and Hibu. It was a pleasure working with you and Happy Holidays.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

After one year of service with this company my contract ended. Three months later got a call from a salesman and I told him I did not wish to renew my services. Too much after that this company started to charge my card $40 per month for the last year. I requested a refund in May 2019 and demand this fraudulent charges & fraudulent contract ceased. I’ve got nothing but the runaround and they are still continuing to charge my card and its December 2019. I’m going to the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, as well as my state Attorney General to have them refund my $450 immediately.

Do not give this company your credit card number. You will never be able to cancel. I’ve talk to customer service several times have lied to me about the process and I have sent several emails as well. I am furious. As a small business owner starting my new business they have locked up funds of mine which is totally unfair. Total rip off Completely!! By the way their marketing sent me four customers in a one year.

Hibu response
Hello Misti, We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Hibu Listings Management!

We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

1/2/20

Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation regarding your Hibu advertising. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have had the WORST experience with this company. I was told I could cancel after 6 months and then, when I went to cancel, that told me I was locked in for a year. The reason I was cancelling was because I saw absolutely NO benefit from their services, so to be stuck for a year paying over $700 a month for an additional 6 months was infuriating. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone!

12/27/19

We sincerely apologize for your experience. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concerns in a mutually satisfactory manner.

12/11/19

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Never had a company "authorize" services with just a phone call-no data, no contract, no approval. No responses from customer service other than to replay the initial taped call that was just to identify if I was the "decision maker". Worst possible business interaction. No better than old toner-slammers of 10 years ago.

Hibu response

12/11/19-We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concern, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

So I’ve been working with Jenny. She is very friendly and amazing. I am still under the website development stage. But I know that it’s gonna be an amazing help to my growing brand. I just hope that their marketing pans out. Thanks Jenny for being awesome.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Patrick and Amanda have been more than helpful in assisting me with my advertisement. They're very patient and paid close attention to my needs. I would recommend Hibu to anybody and everybody. Job well done guys, you are worth every bit of five stars!!!!

Hibu response
Great feedback, Ron! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

happy with your Smart Online Presence Solution Package!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

One star is not even appropriate. I called Hibu in April to cancel our service. I jumped through all the hoops necessary to have this done and was told it was completely taken care of. In October I received another bill from Hibu and the customer service representative assured me that our account had been cancelled back in April. November rolls around and once again I got a bill from Hibu and this time the representative tells me that he has no record of us ever cancelling back in April. I asked to speak to a manager and was ask "why do you need to talk to a manager, they are going to tell you the same thing?" I told him that the way business was being handled was unacceptable and that I would need to talk to the manager. When I asked for the manager's name, I was ask "for what?" Then I was hung up on. Find another avenue, do NOT use HIBU!!! They are taking advantage of small businesses.

Hibu response

12/9/19-Thank you Jeanna for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your hibu advertising. We are pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have been with Hibu for some time now Steve ** is my go to guy for all my changes that need made or any questions I may have. Steve is awesome at this and has tons of great ideas to help with your needs when it comes to building and maintaining a good site for people to learn more about you and your business. Highly recommend Steve for any of your business website needs he’s the best I’ve ever encountered.

Hibu Company Information