Call toll free
3.30/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

906 Hibu Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2019

We had a website for several years and really had no problem with it. However, we sold our business and had to call 3 times to cancel. The second time we paid an additional month because it had gone into the next month when we received a letter notice via email (that went into spam). We got a name and a confirmation number. Then, lo and behold a month later received another late notice via email in the spam folder, thank goodness we check it. My mom, who was the owner and president of the company had to call me three-way because I was the manager who signed the contract (what if it was some random manager that was fired). They would not just talk to her, I HAD to be on the line.

Then they told us the name we gave wasn't in his department so the confirmation number we had was pretty much useless. WHAT??? Then went on to say we are responsible to pay the monthly fee because there were no notes on our account for the last 4 months. Between myself and my mom and the new owners that came in, we had contacted Hibu OVER 10 times in the last month alone. We ask to speak to a supervisor and none were available. Ya right. They do not communicate between departments and if you want something done or taken care of you better make sure that you have first names, last names, extension numbers, confirmation numbers, departments and everything you can write down pertaining to that conversation. Will NEVER go with them again for this reason. We had enough headaches selling the business anyway, Hibu made a headache turn into a nightmarish migraine.

Hibu response

Thank you for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your advertising. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased we were able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Got locked into a contract with Hibu about a year ago. Once I signed on the dotted line I never heard back from my sales rep again. Certainly never saw any gains of web traffic anywhere. When the year was up I was supposed to have a meeting with a new sales rep. It was scheduled but she never showed up or called but they continued to charge me monthly for a service I didn't need or want. So when I cut off the credit card was the first time I heard from someone in the company for a year, and it was just to let me know I owed them $70. Told them I didn't want there service, which was fine by them but I still owed them money. After a few emails back and forth letting them know how my time and money was wasted they sent me back an apology email and a address to send my 70 to them. Either way I am not a fan of this company.

7/8/2019

Ryan, I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. Your account will be given to a Senior Customer Care representative to review and be in touch with you soon. Thank you!

7/15/2019

Ryan, thank you for your time. I am glad we were able to find an acceptable resolution to your concerns. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

Terrible Customer Service and digital Marketing. I was excited to start with this company in the beginning. Before I committed to a 6 month contract and start paying for it, the sales rep was great and offered different strategies on ways to market my company online. I’m always looking for ways to attract leads online. I left one digital marketing company to use Hibu. This has been the worse decision ever! After they received my credit card info and started billing me, I was never able to get in contact with who I thought was the team that created my ads online. It took days for someone to email me back. Everyone that works there, lives all over the country and state. You keep getting passed around from one person to another. No one knows who’s in charge of your account. They just keep telling you to look at your dashboard, which they control.

Needless to say, I didn’t get any leads from their ads. They used the wrong keywords, which we talked about using specific key words for the ad. I couldn’t find my ads on Google anywhere. I was promised first page of Google, and I never saw that. I went from 80 leads per month with my old marketing company, to zero leads per month with Hibu. At the end, nothing was resolved, I filed a complaint with the company. They did nothing about it, but just kept telling me I was in a 6 month contract. If you are looking to attract people to your website or get leads... THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY FOR THAT.

Hibu response

7/22/19 Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation regarding your hibu advertising. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: June 20, 2019

ATVTracks.net is a business that sells most of its products through its website. We experienced issues with our previous website of 13 years, and as a result had to build a new site. After almost a year our new site was up, but we had lost most of our SEO and organic search rankings as a result. At this time, we had a representative from Hibu contact us. Hibu claimed that for $2,000 per month for a six (6) month contract they could bring us to the front page of Google search rankings. This sounded like an excellent deal. However, after a second party called to notify me that the contract was non-cancelable, I should have been suspicious. I have had a very poor experience with Hibu since then.

As per contract, Hibu promised 4 15-second ads on YouTube. They did provide this, but rather than develop new content for these ads they reused content from the more than 100 educational clips we have on YouTube. The contract also stipulated that they would send us a monthly status report showing where we were in terms of search rankings, and how much we had improved. Hibu was also supposed to contact our web designer and coordinate on adding searchable content for Google. This never happened. Instead Hibu wanted us to give them control of our website, which we refused.

Our website was not receiving much attention or improvement from Hibu’s services, so I asked their local sales representative to come into our office. Together we contacted their main office to discuss our situation. The only person we could talk with was their office secretary. While she was very courteous, she made it plain that she did not have any knowledge of SEO or organic rankings growth. She also would not allow us to speak with any technical people in the office. She said all she could do was relay a message to their IT department. We have not had any response from their IT team, other than the monthly status reports. We have spoken with Hibu’s local representative approximately eight times over six months. The first four visits were for the express purpose of getting the contract signed.

Though Hibu had been working on our contract for four months, our site had reached only the 8th page of the Google search rankings. At that time, we started working with another company on SEO and marketing to improve our Google rankings. Six weeks of work on their part moved our site from the 8th page to the 1st or 2nd page of Google search results. This work included 4,000 emails to customers, six new educational videos on Youtube, and $2,500 per month for Google ads. Additionally, we have updated SEO information on all website pages and send out daily tech tips on Facebook. Meanwhile, $12,000 was spent on services from Hibu. That money was wasted.

We have learned our lesson. Never agree to a lengthy second party contract. Look at the Better Business Bureau reviews for any company you work with. Though you may find some good reviews, there are far more complaints about Hibu from companies both overseas and domestically. Make sure to research any company you are investing in. Otherwise, like us, you might get burned.

6.21.2019

Good afternoon Gary,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We would like the opportunity to discuss the concerns that you have raised. A member of our Customer Care team will reach out to you within 48 hours.

Thanks,

The Hibu Team

7.8.2019

Per Gary's request, we have reached out to Casper; however, he would like to have Gary on the call. We will have a call on 7/17 when Gary returns from vacation.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Before using Hibu, please read. The first role of sales, or any relationship in that matter, is to gain and keep trust. Do not trust these people. Make sure you listen to every word, and clarify what everything means. Do not sign anything on the spot. Make sure you have a full copy of what you are signing and have time to look it over before you sign. Do not assume anything. (I will add, that this is the first time I have ever left a bad review of any company.)

I had a salesman come to me at my office to explain how people use their phone book. And to prove it, they will provide the phone numbers and the calls of everyone who called in. They told me that they were very successful at bringing people to call you. I took the chance and signed up and they put me into the book. I talked to the guy again over the phone a time or two again over the next year, and he seemed like a really nice guy.

So the next time the sales guy showed up in July 2018 (again, seems like a really genuine guy), he came in and we talked about changing some things in the ad, like wording and so forth and we talked about going with only online ads since the book wasn't producing the best. He said he needed me to sign for the changes in the ad for 2018-19 and to sign for it on the line. I said sure, I signed, he talked about going out golfing, and we talked about good fishing holes. Really nice guy, then we moved on with life.

That brings me to now. Today, Hibu is calling me about my bill for the 2019 to 2020 year. I explained to them that I did not sign up for that year. They said, no, we have a signature of you on file for 2019 to 2020. They said that when the salesperson came in to meet me, that he had me sign for the 2019-2020 year. I explained that there must have been a miscommunication, and their response was, they didn't care, I signed for it, there is nothing they can do, and I am responsible to pay the $576.

Now let's look at the other end of my situation. My business CLOSED at the beginning of 2019. January 31st of 2019 to be exact. I moved from Pennsylvania, to Kentucky. Why would I want an ad in this area for 12 months especially when the advertised business was CLOSED? There is no reason for this. I never would have agreed to do an ad for the entire 2019-2020. I also explained this to them, again, their response was I signed for it, and they do not care.

I then called the sales associate back up. After talking to him about our conversation, and again he said "you signed up for 2018 to 19." I explained that my understanding of this would be the year 2018 up to the year 2019. Instead he said, it meant from Dec 2018, until Dec 2019. He then stated, "I would see why you thought what you thought, it was a miscommunication, but there's nothing I can do for you now. You will have to call in and try to negotiate the price for the 2019 year." He said, how he agrees, that he can see why it was misleading, but there was nothing he can do about it. I called back to the main office, explained all of this, again, to the new financial person over the phone, who said they didn't care either, sent me to customer service who also said they couldn't do anything about it.

6/13/2019

Joshua, thank you for reaching out regarding your concerns. We will get an investigation opened and one our team members will be in contact soon to work on resolving your concerns.

6/27/2019

Dr. Josh, thank you for taking time to speak with me regarding your concerns. I apologize we couldn’t resolve them as you would have liked, but I do appreciate you and your time on this. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: June 7, 2019

When I signed up I told the sales rep numerous times that I didn’t want to sign up for 6 months because if it wasn’t working I couldn’t afford $500 a month to keep it going. She told me numerous times that I could cancel for a small fee if I wasn’t happy. $1,100 in I had received no calls or inquiries. I contacted my sales rep numerous times to try to cancel and got the talk around or no response. Customer service was no help, they simply stated over and over again that I signed a contract and it didn’t matter what the sales rep said because the contract doesn’t say that. I ended up closing my business 3 days after the start of another billing cycle. They insisted that I pay the $500 for the next month’s bill since it had already posted, even though there were 3 weeks left on the cycle.

I tried to call and reach a reasonable solution and offered to pay a prorated amount up until the business was closed. They said it was all or nothing and they would keep my account open until I paid and it would continue to accrue charges. At that point they also told me whatever business rep signed the contract (even though it is an LLC) that person agreed to be personally responsible for the contract and that the collections department would come after me for the amount owed.

Hibu response

Shawn, thank you for taking the time to work with me and my co-workers on resolving your concerns. I am glad we were able to find a mutually satisfying resolution. Thank you!

Original review: June 5, 2019

On May 23rd 2019 I spoke with a gentleman named Scott. He had a lot of great things to say about Hibu and the amount of years he has been with the company. Based on what he said I purchased some digital services. As a part of our conversation he contacted a lady by the name of Jewel. She was nice and polite and promptly took my payment and assured me, by giving me her number, that if I need her all I have to do is call. Well, it took all of 2 minutes to complete my purchase and then we said our goodbyes. Later that evening, I decided to read reviews on the company. Yes, I know I put the cart before the horse. Anyway, there were enough bad reviews to make me rethink my purchase.

The next morning on I called to cancel my purchase. I spoke with a lady named Anna. I expressed to her that I wanted my money back. She emailed Jewel and Cc'ed me on the email. She stated that only Jewel can give me my money back. Ok. A few days later I started trying to contact Jewel on the number she gave me but guess who can't be contacted. You guessed it, Jewel. This person is not answering the number they said I could reach them at. I have been calling and calling and calling but I cannot get a response. It took 2 minutes for Jewel to take my money and here it is, June 5th 2019, 13 days later and 8 of which are business days, I have have not received my money. The moral of the story is, companies receive bad reviews for a reason. They earn them. You have been warned not to use this company. Buyer beware.

6/6/2019

Broderick, thank you expressing your concerns. I am so sorry you feel this way. One of our team members will be in contact with you shortly. Thank you.

6/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I apologize the products did not work out for your advertising needs. We wish you nothing but the best of luck in a long and prosperous business. Thanks again for your service!

Original review: June 5, 2019

Hibu delivers. Everything they promised me was spot on. We sat down and built a marketing plan for our future growth and 8 months later we are above where we thought we would be. Very happy with our results. Looking forward to more growth and a continued relationship with Hibu.

6/10/2019

Steven, We’re delighted to read your feedback about your products with us!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect experience for each customer!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I did not know how much Hibu did for my business until I left for another marketing company. Our business went down shortly after the change. So I decided to try Hibu again to see if that was the reason. I cannot 100% say that was the cause but I can say we are seeing a great increase.

Hibu response

Brittany, this is wonderful news! I am so happy we can help your business succeed! Thank you

Original review: May 24, 2019

A local sales rep from Hibu attempted to steal one of our accounts by telling them that Hibu does not charge ads management fees for running Google Ads. She told the client that Hibu receives "kickbacks from Google Ads" which is not even possible. The rep did not seem to understand that we act as consultants to advise our clients about the best digital marketing platforms and services, even when these platforms and services aren't our own. Because we act as consultants, the client called me to discuss Hibu services. After verifying with Google that the rep had lied about receiving kickbacks from Google and also reviewing Hibu's online reviews, I advised the client that I didn't think they were a good option.

After harassing me and the client over several weeks, the rep finally figured out she wasn't going to win the account and as retribution she decided to leave negative online reviews about our agency. I have been in this business over 20 years and I have never had such a negative experience with another agency. It's completely unethical and void of integrity. It's clear why this company has literally hundreds of negative reviews online.

Hibu response

Hi April. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

6/6/19

Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation. We apologize for your experience with Hibu and are pleased you were able to resolve the matter satisfactorily.

Hibu Company Information