3.9/5 (61 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Hibu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: March 5, 2022

Kurt ** & Ron ** was just so positive, friendly, helpful, professional, and very knowledgeable. I would recommend either one & or Hibu to take care of any customer service & product knowledge that you might have. They both made the experience hassle and stress free. Kurt is a great person to have onboard to represent the Hibu company. Thanks for everything! Thank you, Granite City Interiors.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

HIBU IS A SCAM. They take advantage of small businesses. They were very good at sales and getting us to join. Once we joined, the communication was awful and it took days to weeks to get a response. They also left my personal phone number on an AD and it hasn't been changed for weeks. Our entire website was completely changed without our permission. They do NOTHING to help, no one knows any answers and every person just redirects you to another department. The sales rep was very unprofessional and clearly did not value us as a client. They also don't let you cancel even though the service is awful.

Hibu response

Thank you for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your Hibu advertising. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and are pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

We started working with Kyle ** and HIBU in December. Within two months we are showing up at the top of google listings. We have also had great customer service in all aspects. Our questions have always been answered quickly and thoroughly. Would highly recommend to any small business looking to increase their online presence.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Amazing representative. Always knowledgeable about new ways to market and promote our business. Great customer service. Great customer service from beginning to end of renewing our website. She was really informed and go the extra mile at every stage. I would highly recommend them.

Hibu response

We’re thrilled you’ve had a positive experience! Thank you so much for sharing! Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Kyle was amazing. Highly recommend her and Hibu. Her attention to detail and professionalism has been superb. She took the time to get us familiar with her company and had a presentation ready for us within fifteen minutes. After many phone calls and messages answering questions for us we were happy to make the choice to go with her and Hibu. Kyle has been great, and we are looking forward to seeing our completed website. Take a moment and give them a call.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Kyle! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Working with Hibu and our account representative, Kyla, has been such a pleasure. Kyla helps us with everything from general questions to implementing new ideas. If we've ever needed something, she doesn't stop until we have an answer for what we need. It's such a relief knowing that when we need to focus on our staff, building, or clients, Hibu is still taking care of our website and online advertising.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Kyla! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Taylor serves her customers with Hibu with complete professionalism and customer service. She always has a solution to a small Business owners' problems. Taylor always is prompt with assistance and always a pleasure to speak with - Taylor makes Hibu standout in excellence.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Taylor We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Since switching with Hibu just about a year ago we have had no issues at all and have boosted our company advertising. John ** has been amazing every step of the way helping us out every step of the way. He has made our transition very smooth and painless and would recommend Hibu to anyone.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding John! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

My call for help was answered by Jacquie who listened and asked questions to help me with my website issues. She was professional, knowledgeable, diplomatic and expedient in helping me get my desired results. Thank you for your support! You made things easy.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Steve has been Jeff ** advertising consultant for several years and since I've been Jeff's assistant I've worked with Steve. He has always brought us many opportunities to build Jeff's business and I appreciate that he truly cares. It's always a great pleasure to work with him and I look forward to our online advertising venture for 2022.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Steve! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Steve ** has had the best communication from day one. I highly recommend him to anyone thinking about a website and marketing. He has constantly kept in touch with us and made sure every need was done right. If you need marketing, call Steve **!

Hibu response

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I signed up with Hibu last spring because I wanted to automate more of my business and free up some time from copywriting and setting campaigns. I was assured they would be fully taking over my FB ad sets and writing copy for my e-comm POD business. They promised results and promised to see positive increased engagement.

None of this turned out to be true, I wasted so much money on them and was locked into a 6-month contract. At one point a new manager on my account had called me to "check-in" and he had asked how everything was going, politely I expressed my concerns and experience with Hibu thus far and the disappointment in not seeing any ROI. I mentioned I would not be extending my contract and he hung up on me. I brushed that off and just decided to call back at the 6-month mark to cancel. I had thought everything was canceled but was still charged for 2 additional months, so I had to call again to cancel. Now it seems like we are all settled and canceled, but that was an additional $700 wasted after I had thought I canceled. Lame.

I did run a test on Etsy and Instagram with my own campaigns compared to Hibu on FB, and the results were much better than I was getting from Hibu. After looking through the ads they ran, the copy was garbage and there was no hook or CTA. Not sure who they are hiring or what their requirements are for their copywriters or social media managers, but it doesn't seem to be adequate. I have since run more ads on FB and in one month my ads outperformed theirs over the last 8 months.

Just to really drive this home, I would like to mention that I had been getting engagement and sales from my own FB ads prior, and since working with Hibu, I didn't make a single sale or get hardly any engagement from their posts. Maybe for other services, they are a good option, but for e-comm, they really don't have the expertise to follow up with the promises they make.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Dennis approached me earlier this year just like most of the phone calls I get from telemarketers, but Dennis came in to see me in person and when I found out what he does and that he was local it pushed me over the edge to start because marketing is something I always knew I had to do eventually and with the solution and price that Dennis presented me, it was hard to pass up. So far Dennis has set the right expectations with me and delivered on everything he has told me thus far. He helped me design a logo, took care of the website design and everything looks better than I could have ever imagined compared to what I had prior to partnering with Hibu. As a small business owner, these are the kind of things we value is a trusted partner to help us grow.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Dennis Pimentel! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Stacy has been fabulous to work with! She is easy to get in contact with and has been able to answer questions that I have had. Stacy was recommended to me by another healthcare facility, I am glad they did!

Hibu response

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Susan and her team are the best! They deliver excellent customer service every time. The enthusiasm, friendliness and professionalism we receive is always consistent! Susan is always willing and available to help us generate more volume and create new ideas for our business. She has been a huge part of our growth and we appreciate all her education when it comes to marketing and her awesome, creative ideas! Thank you Susan and the entire Hibu Team! We appreciate you!

-Wiz Plumbing

Hibu response

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Updated on 12/14/2021: Update to my previous review about HIBU. Someone at HIBU contacted me about my review on ConsumerAffairs, they have put my account under investigation. My ads, that I have pre-paid for, have been paused since last week. Still no answers ... DO NOT WORK WITH HIBU. Can't stress that enough.

Original Review: DO NOT do business with HIBU. Absolute SCAM. The sales person tells you complete lies after you ask VERY specific questions. Then after you've signed your contract (even though you don't realize you are signing a six month contract) all they do is offer their apologies. I am stuck paying them $300 a month and have had ZERO sales as a result. I'm pretty sure they aren't even running ads, they are just pocketing the money. 19 clicks in one month is a complete JOKE.

I wish I would have read other reviews before getting involved with them. They bill you at the beginning of your month and if you are even one minute late in paying, they WILL HARASS YOU DAILY with phone calls and emails. I'm paying for nothing but apologies NO sales. They should truly consider becoming a non-profit because I'm donating to their paychecks. That's about it ...

Hibu response
On 07/29/21 your Social campaign was authorized for a minimum 6- month contract over the phone. A copy of the contract was emailed to chief@clrtribe.com confirming the terms of the contract on 07/29/21. Information regarding the clicks to your Social campaign is available on your dashboard. Between 08/26/21-09/26/21 you had 185 clicks. 09/26/21-9/29/21 8 clicks (This is because you were paused 09/29/21-11/10/21). 11/10/21-11/26/21 54 clicks (Again this was because you were paused until 11/10/21 so this was not a full month) 11/26/21-today 32 clicks.

The most recent pause that you refer to was due to non-payment on your account. When payments are not received in time the advertising is paused until the payment is made to become current. On 12/08/21 a payment was made and your Social product was running.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I had the pleasure of working with Jen ** and I am happy to announce, she is the very best marketing specialist I have spoken to or worked with. As a lifelong master mason & the owner of Old Colony Masons, Quincy, Ma., I needed help with online marketing. After talking to an unlimited amount of marketing companies over the years, I finally found a true professional with Jen **. Jen is different than most digital marketers. She learned everything about the masonry contracting business before offering marketing advice to us. That was key in my opinion. How can a marketing company sell marketing without knowing you're business first?

What's most important to my businesses success she asked, driving people to my website or making the phone ring. "Making the phone ring", I replied. Jen certainly did that for us and a whole lot more. We now get people not only calling to schedule onsite estimates but customers scheduling through our online forms. Jen will help you to build an email database, the ability to sell without ever talking to your customer, she builds an easy method for customer to write testimonials & she will help you get reviews.

Jen increases your Google & Bing rankings quickly. We now are listed on top of search engines. I thought my website was great but Jen was able to upgrade that too and she made it interactive. My customers love that. She allows us to dictate our marketing budget, I dictate how much help we need with SEO, posts, blogs, analytics, etc. I'm no longer on a specific, made for everyone marketing plan. Jen set us up with helpful plug in's, she expanded our reach and she turned my already successful company into a booking machine.

If you think your marketing pro is doing a good job, call Jen **. She will surprise you with her knowledge, experience & her ability to grow a business. Jen is not a young kid trying to make their bones. She is a marketing master and she tailor builds a plan that will work for your individual business. Old Colony Masons highly recommends hiring Jen **. Let this incredible person take over your company's marketing and she will give you more than just a return on investment. She will literally grow your business from day one.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Since Randy has started our advertising I have listened to his recommendations/suggestions. I have seen 3-4 times the leads come in and we are very impressed with his due-diligence and long term history of customer service with our company, as well as paying attention to detail. Business has been off the charts the past 6 months and going forward we are increasing our advertising even more. Thanks for helping my business grow!

Scott M **
Comfort Zone AC and Heating, LLC

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

It is too bad that you can't leave less than a 1 star rating. Hibu is probably the worst company I have ever worked with. In the 6+ weeks we have been doing paid Google search with them we received 4 phone calls that cost us over $750 each. After bringing this to their attention I was told that they could optimize the program. If they were actually managing my campaign wouldn't they see that the program is not working. Why did I have to bring it to their attention? I am looking for a Marketing Partner and not a company that just bills me each month and results don't matter. The digital market is tough and have been taken advantage before.

I asked my rep and my rep's manager what percentage of my advertising budget actually goes to Google. When I called in to the toll free number I was told there NO FEE to manage my advertising because they get paid from Google. According to their Terms and Conditions this statement is FALSE as it clearly stated a percentage of what we pay them is allocated to their fee. When I asked my rep and his manager I was told that information is not available to them and above their pay grade. I have seen online and told by others that their fee is 50% of my budget to manage the campaign.

Nowhere on the agreement is the management fee listed to run my Google Ad Words. I have been talking with other REPUTABLE agencies and we would pay Google directly on our own account and pay them an agreed upon amount to manage the advertising. I have been quoted anywhere from 12-33% which is transparent and something that Hibu does not care about. If you are looking to flush your money down the toilet Hibu is your company. If you are looking for results it won't be coming from Hibu. BUYER BEWARE!

Hibu response

We have made several attempts to contact you to review your advertising concern that was first brought to our attention 11/11/21. Please call Hibu Customer Service within the next 3 business days. If we don't hear from you, we will assume the concern has been resolved and we will close our investigation.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Steven ** with Mark did a fantastic job replacing toilet, clean drainage lines and flushing hot water tank. Would highly recommend to anyone. Have used Duncan Plumbing Solutions several times with great results. Always on time and pleasant to work with.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

**BUYER BEWARE- ** Hiring Hibu for their web services has been my biggest mistake for my business yet. The business model is 3-fold: DISPLAY/SEARCH/REPUTATION. The promises of support and customer care were overpromised and under-delivered! Their Dashboard provides "measurable metrics" but their program and internet intelligence has done absolutely nothing for my business, yet they still continue to get paid.

I have spoken with my sales rep, his boss and the corporate cancellation line on numerous occasions and it's a run-around that reminds me of a "6-month contract." "Just give it a little more time" is a common statement that I have heard from this vendor; it's been over two months and they continue to state they are going to try new things and do this and that- yet nothing changes.

In summary, Hibu is the only winner here. Instead of standing behind their product and earning their money, they threaten collections after a failed partnership. In hindsight, I now look over the reviews of potential companies and wish I had done my research on HIBU before going under contract with them because I have found too many negative reviews to count! Do yourself a favor and stay far away from Hibu.

Hibu response

We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concern, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

HIBU has been wonderful to work with. They keep our online presence optimized and our website updated and functional. Their customer service has been very professional. We love our representative, Joy, she knows the industry, the company and capabilities. She listens and understands our needs. Our whole experience with HIBU has been very positive.

Hibu response

Thank you so much! So glad to hear that you're happy with our service! We look forward to continuing to meet your business’ needs. Please have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

They do not warn you when an auto renewal is due and if you notice and call them to cancel, even four days in, they refuse. They then charge you for the whole month. For me it was a PPC campaign. I was on pause and had told the salesman that we were too busy to accept new leads and wanted to cancel the campaign. I let them talk me into pausing it. When it came time to come off of the final allowed pause I was charged for renewal. When I noticed months later, I called 4 days into the month I discovered it. I told them I wanted to cancel, I was told that I had to wait until the end of the month. I was charged for the whole month even though I had called on the fourth.

Additionally, they had sent emails reminding me that the pause was coming to an end and asked if I wanted to remain on pause. I did and responded. I did not receive an email asking if I wanted to go active at the end of the final allowed pause. I recommend you stay away from a company that operates this way. If you do go with them and want to pause your campaign, I highly recommend you cancel it when you don't need it and start it up again when you need it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

What an outstanding company and the results are REAL! We would not have had the patients in our door had it not been for HIBU. We are receiving many new patients that really enjoy social media and the results are from all ages and demographics. Thank you HIBU!! IT WORKS!!

Hibu response

Thank you so much for the awesome review! It really does mean a lot. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything from us in the future.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Allan is working on my web design and advertise for a little over 6 months and double my sales since. Great service, efficient communication, highly recommend for business that wants more new customers. Fantastic company and very reliable with a reasonable prices. Jeff ** (owner) Evolution iron Works

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Great job at explaining their services and service after the sale. Hibu has driven more customers to my business over time than any other platform, also has a great dashboard to track all 3 platforms they run for the company.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

My Rep Joy and her Hibu Team has rocketed my firm to great internet prominence and an avalanche of new business opportunities. They work closely with us to reach to our target audience. Joy works tirelessly to give us feedback and ideas to refine our presence on the web. The return on our investment with Hibu is phenomenal.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I just recently decided my business needed a boost, and let me tell you…first day my website went live. 15 calls before noon and got commitment on 3, and still going strong. The boost that Steve ** gave my business is unbelievable. Money well spent. Not to mention Allison, she was so patient with me while I figured things out. Best move I ever made

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Nikki is the hardest working and most caring. Nikki ** is a digital account manager for Hibu. Words can't describe how happy I am with her attention to detail and customer care! I just wanted to say out loud how happy I am with Hibu for hiring her and that I'm so thankful she was assigned to my account.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

After struggling to find helpful or reliable marketing services, we are so pleased to have found Hibu and Dave **. We are delighted with our website, the increase in business, and the personal assistance we have received! We highly recommend!

Hibu Company Information