3.90/5
Based on 387 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 21, 2018

674 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I started out with just a listings account figuring I could do social media marketing and building my own website which has been an epic failure. I got in touch Kaitlyn and Andrew who have helped me by implementing a marketing plan that includes social media marketing and a more professional website. They both have been so helpful & honest how I have gone wrong trying DIY where my new business is concerned, helping me understand how important professional help is a must even to the most savvy entrepreneur. Plus it was so much fun working with these super smart professionals who were not in a rush to get me off the phone. They literally spent several hours making sure they had my vision intact for my online presence. I can’t wait to see the results. Thanks Kaitlyn & Andrew!

Hibu response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive experience with Hibu.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Keara ** is an all star! We called with lots of questions and uncertainty about what we wanted or needed to know. Keara was friendly, didn't sound like she was reading from a script, told it to us honestly and didn't try to oversell us. She answered all of our questions and even answered the ones we didn't ask but should have. Truly great representation of the company!

Hibu response

Thank you Judi for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that you are satisfied. Hibu Customer Service.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Our company is somewhat behind the curve embracing and dealing with the internet. I found the process setting up our website and getting the site up and running fairly easy with Hibu. Our sales rep was extremely helpful making the process go smoothly and was able to direct the website engineers exactly what we wanted.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I was about to get a good deal with this service but I figured out that it was charging me $500 a month and it was shown on December 12, 2017. And right now I am not comfortable with this situation. So I need to cancel my membership and demand the refund right now. I was suppose to $150 a month or $250 a month but I realize that this is the amount per month and most of all asap, cancel it right now and get a refund of $500 back.

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Jeremy. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2017

Dave at Hibu called me yesterday, we have this issue resolved.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have been paying a monthly fee to Hibu for several months, this is to manage our search engines and make sure our information is correct and searchable. We recently moved, and I contacted Hibu and gave them the information that needed to be changed. I contacted them again to tell them that Google was still not updated. I get an email today informing me that they do not have access to our Facebook or Google accounts. If they have been "managing" these accounts for several months, wouldn't a person already have access to them? I am questioning what in the world am I paying for? They have not been managing anything if they didn't have access to it.

Hibu response

Barb, We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience. We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. Our team will contact you privately to begin resolving your issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

A sales rep by the name of Eileen came to my office very pushy, dishonest, and she basically falsified information regarding the services Hibu provides. I asked her numerous times if I would be able to cancel the service being that I’m a new starting small business and she repeatedly told me I can prior to the first month being billed. I called her and customer service 2 weeks after she came to my office trying to cancel the services my company never even used and that’s when I found out that I’m locked into a contract for 12 months. How is it possible that you can tell people they have to pay for a service they never used and tried to cancel weeks prior to the first month being billed. That’s insane. This is the worst company and I will be sure to warn others of this.

Hibu response

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve the issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Julie was and still is a wonderful sales Rep. She went above and overboard with helping us set up our website, emails and our new contract with Hibu. If we have any problem all we have to do is call her and she takes care of it right away. I highly recommend using Hibu. We are very happy with them so far.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

In years past keeping our "books" up to date has always been a pain and something we would dread almost from the minute we signed from the previous year. Thanks Susan for knowing what we want, giving us what we need, and not pushing for the overkill!!! You're always prepared and very professional.

No response received
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I was recommended Hibu services by my beautician who said she had a good experience with Hibu. I worked with Kathy who was a very influential saleswoman. She promised me the moon and the stars. She guaranteed me a certain number of customers a month, said I would be making good money in no time, that I would have a great website, among other things.

I signed up for the package with the marketing and website design for about $400 per month.The website that was created was decent but it wasn't worth as much as I was being charged. It looked like pretty much any other website to me. Also, Kathy changed her answer when I asked a couple weeks later "so what's the number of customers I'm guaranteed?" She replied "there is no guarantee." I sat there dumbfounded that not only did she lie, but she forgot she lied.

A couple weeks later, when I talked to her again she said "I guarantee you 3 customers a month." So first it was a guarantee, then it wasn't, then it was again. That's when I knew I was dealing with a dishonest salesperson trying to blow smoke in my face. I became suspicious so I looked up Hibu reviews and saw that there were dozens of dissatisfied reviews and a huge feeling of regret flooded over me. I knew that I was conned and felt duped. I confided to my beautician that I was worried due to the excessive bad reviews online. She told Kathy what I said and voila! All of a sudden there are dozens of positive reviews. The icing on the cake was when I lost my job and my income and could no longer afford to keep Hibu services. I called Kathy and told her I couldn't keep it. Kathy told me she would look for grants.

I called her 2 weeks later, still nothing. 2 weeks after that, still nothing. Finally, I said "I cant continue with these services. I'm going to have to discontinue these services." That was when she broke the news I was tied to a year long contract. She NEVER told me that the signature wasn't for my first payment, but for a 12 month contract. She purposely omitted this information to trick me into signing a contract and leave me locked in with no way out.

Do not work with Hibu. You're better off just going to Upwork.com, hiring someone overseas, and working with someone who actually gives you a much affordable price, is actually honest, and actually knows what they're doing. Hibu will hype you up and tell you everything you want to hear just to get in your wallet. Don't fall for it. You've been warned.

Hibu response
Hello Angelica, We sincerely apologize about your experience with your website. We appreciate your feedback and would like to address your concerns. Someone from our customer service

team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

December 4, 2017

Good morning Angelica, we have made several attempts (11/20, 11/22, 11/28, 11/30, 12/4) to reach you via phone and email but have not yet received a response. At your convenience, please feel free to call us to discuss this matter.

Thank you.

Hibu Investigations and Resolutions

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Susan and I met to discuss advantages for increasing my company's online presence. She came to the meeting with a very good grasp of what my company has to offer and patiently took the time that I needed to explain everything until I understood the different options available for my company.

Hibu response

Thank you for your comments, Bill. Glad Susan was thorough and that you understood the various options we offer.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Susan is the BEST. We have been with her since Yellow Book has started up here. Good Listener and always has creative ways to increase our presence in the market. Yellow Book/HIBU is our only paid advertising. It's nice to be working with the same person assisting us with our advertising for MANY Years.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I am pleased working with Susan ** and for helping my business grow with Hibu. What separates Susan from the other calls I've received was, the fact that Susan wanted to meet in person and not transfer me to another department to sign me up. Susan takes the time to listen and explain. I'm very glad I took a chance with Hibu.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Hibu did an incredible job giving our business essential information on growing, advertising, and becoming more of a digital media presence. Anita **, Account Executive, is the person we almost exclusively dealt with and she is top notch. We highly recommend using her if she is available to help.

Hibu response

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I paid for ads through Hibu and Google AdWords. Apparently Hibu funnels the clicks to a separate domain and does not allow us to review true data generated from these clicks... ie IP addresses. Hibu provides us a weekly report but this data could be false and we just have to trust them with the analysis. I have asked Hibu to provide us with AdWords account and Facebook account sign ins but they have refused to call me back. This poor service has caused a lot of distrust and I plan to cancel my account.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I signed up for Hibu website over two years now, salesperson was nice and helpful, walked me through the process of getting my website ready to go and we ended up making changes to the design a few times. He also said that after 2 years the entire website would be redesigned without any cost to me, the YouTube video also to be redesigned without any cost. To be able to use their email service was very difficult, had to call support several times to get that thing running as promised. All this time I have no control of my website nor the social media platform such as Facebook page.

Called them several times and still had no solution to my issues. My patience with Hibu is running out, I am about to call them to cancel my subscription. Today I spent 40 minutes with a support agent, she tried a bunch of things with no results. At last she said they will resolve this problem in 5 business days. So, I will sit and wait. If no solution is made, they will lose my business for sure.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Our daycare has had all the business that we can handle and we believe that it is from our advertising with HIBU. We have now started a waiting list for the first time in our 32 year history. Our success has been phenomenal! We would recommend HIBU for anyone wanting good results.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was given Hibu's name by a person who knew one of the local Hibu representatives in town. The Hibu representative Leslie ** started off fantastic, she was friendly, sounded as though she knew the products inside and out and was willing to offer help whenever we needed it. I signed up for Hibu Reviews, Wave Add On, Social Standard and Display Ads. From the beginning it was very obvious that this company is HUGE and there is a lot of disconnect between departments (as in, there is no communication whatsoever), you might as well be working with different companies.

Let's start with the display ads, we were under the impression that our display ads would be on search engines like Google because Hibu partners with them, Leslie even pointed out that this partnership is incredibly difficult to accomplish so it was a big deal. Well, your ads don't go on Google, they go on really obscure websites that throw a bunch of ads on the bottom of the screen that nobody sees or even cares about. Hibu then messed up our link so any clicks on that display ad were going to my company's main website versus my local website. This does absolutely zero good and defeats the purpose. This product is not cheap and generated ZERO leads for us. I started advertising with Google directly which generated a substantial amount of leads and costs a quarter of the price. Plus you can easily monitor everything yourself and make changes easily.

Next, Hibu's social ads. This is paying to advertise on Facebook. We were told this would be advertisements to the side of the screen on desktops or in the feed for mobile uses that shows our banner ad that people can click on. This would then link over to our Facebook page. Again, not correct. Hibu uses another obscure tool to get referrals versus linking over to your Facebook page, we received 2 leads and both numbers associated to these leads were disconnected. They tried using their own ads which was never agreed upon because all of our advertisements have to be approved by our legal department prior to being used. I then said they needed to send me their ads so I can get them approved which they never did. Again, you can easily advertise on Facebook for a quarter of the price and have your banner ad that links over to your page. It's so easy!

Lastly, the Hibu Reviews. This is a joke!! We were told that Hibu reviews gives you a website that you send your customer, they fill out a rating/comment then that review is pushed to Facebook, Google, Yelp, etc. False. You send your customer to this website then they have to have manually sign in (or create an account) to ALL of these platforms to write a review for each one. So, you are actually making them go through extra steps to write you a review. The best part of this is that I complained about my service then I was getting reviews on my Hibu Reviews page (that we weren't even using) giving us 5 stars from random people.

With our business we know every single person we work with because we work with them for 30-60 days. 2 of the reviews came from a Joe **, one of which was from a Gmail account but the other was from his Hibu account. He ended up being a friend/co-worker of our account representative Leslie. This was blatant fraudulent activity to boost our reviews because we were unhappy with their service. This could be extremely damaging to our reputation in our small community and can lead to loss of business where our work ethic/integrity is the reason why our business is so successful.

It then took over a month to get our account cancelled and I am still waiting for a refund for that time period. Also, if you want refunded for anything additional to that they want you to sign a legal document saying that Hibu did nothing wrong and you "and" your company along with its employees can never come after them for ANYTHING! It's completely insane. Hibu's employee committed fraud by falsely inflating our reviews because we were unsatisfied with their service. This employee also still has his job which is crazy.

The point of all of this, do not use this company and definitely don't get into a contract. If a company has a service that's actually useful that people want to use you will find that contracts don't exist, you pay as you go. Even with the fraud it was still incredibly difficult to cancel the other products with the company because "no fraud" was committed on those products. Avoid this nightmare. Good luck!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Jennifer ** is an awesome representative of your company. She never has steered me in the wrong direction for my business and my advertising. I recommend her 100%. With a limited advertising budget and less than stellar knowledge of the social media these days she advises me in the ways that I need to make my business grow.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We were given a very hard sell by Danette ** to try out their digital marketing platforms. Not only did she talk over us and not listen, she promised us several times that we would be able to cancel the services with a 30-day notice. We weren't allowed to see a contract or breakdown, instead asked to sign a verbal one. We went ahead and have been unable to reach Danette through several emails and voicemails. Not only is she no longer our rep, but we haven't received an email from the new rep who doesn't have a direct line, so at this point I'm not sure whom to reach out to. I have spoken with a customer service rep who has said we have a six month contract and so now I find that we will need to get an audio file to hear the verbal contract. This company is not to be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I just wanted to take a minute to rate my recent experience with Mr. Hugo ** and Maria ** from Hibu. Thanks to them, the creation of my website was a very smooth and pleasurable process from beginning to end. They assisted me every moment during my experience and they were nothing but professionals and knowledgeable. I really appreciated and I highly recommend them, definitely I will use them for my upcoming projects.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Met with rep. Filled out the required forms then sign a contract only that it wouldn't be submitted until I have approved it at a later date. Both myself and the rep agreed to this verbally. We agreed that I was to call her and to submit the forms or not to submit the forms. So when it was time to call. I called contact # and no one answered and I called again and no answer. I left message that I didn't want to proceed with program and that she should delete my info from Hibu. Then I get the bill of course. I was lied to by rep. and I sign a contract under false pretenses. And still I haven't even seen anything done that was promised.

Hibu response
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we

with your recent purchase.

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Hibu Reviews and Claiming and Listing products. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concerns, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have tried to cancel an ad for over 2 years. Two years ago when the ad came for renewal, I decided not to renew it. Then I received an invoice in the mail and I was told that I had somehow been set up for auto-renewal without my knowledge. I ended up paying for an ad I didn't want but asked them to cancel my auto-renewal so that I wouldn't have to renew the ad. The phone rep told me she canceled it. Then 7 months ago, I called to verify that the ad had been canceled and confirmed the cancellation. Just to be sure, I emailed customer service to verify that the both the ad and auto-renewal had been canceled and received an email confirming this. Today I received an invoice for that same ad that apparently is again renewed without my knowledge. This is unacceptable.

Hibu response
Hello Sheri, We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Siskiyou County, CA 2016-2017 yellowbook!
We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Siskiyou County, CA 2016-2017 directory. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concerns, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My most sincere thank you to all of the great people at HIBU who contributed to the creation of my new website. My special thanks to my Sales Rep, Kent **, who truly cares about the successful potential of my small company and Ray ** who coordinated the creation and development of what has to be one of the most beautiful and functional websites that you will find online. HIBU is definitely a 5 Star Company. They are real pros and are cost effective enough that a small business like mine can afford their services.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Stacy does such a good job explaining things and how it can help our business grow. She is always smiling and easy to get along with. HIBU has a lot to offer new businesses or businesses that have been around for a while.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have advertised in the past with yellow page ad companies including Hibu. This year 2017 I have decided not to put my ads in the local phone book. I have not received good response from this type of ads for the last couple of years. Each year Hibu will call to ask me renew my ad. In the past I renewed by phone with voice authorization and also via email when I have approved the ad content.

This year I did not approve ANY ad from Hibu, I DID NOT receive ANY email from Hibu asking me to approve the ad content for the yellow page advertising. Today I spoke with Hibu and I could not get a word in without the rep talking over me and not once did they listen, I finally hung the phone up. The phone call was really out of line, extremely rude and poor customer service. I asked them to send any copy of my approval of the content and all they have done is sent a standard contract from last year 2016. Nothing for 2017 with my written or voice approval. I would not recommend Hibu in the future for anyone. I had hoped this would be resolved but they seem not to care. Can't believe they are still in business when treating people like this. I will update this review as this progresses.

Hibu response
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Jim. We apologize for your recent

experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with addressing your concerns. Thank You

October 3, 2017 Jim, I'm glad that we were able to address your concerns. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist with.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Our Representative, Shane was very helpful with our marketing needs and with the decisions that we made to advertise our business in the best way possible. He was very knowledgeable, and I would recommend Hibu for any of your advertising needs.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I have always been happy with my rep, Heather. She has always been easy to work with and has made easy connections with the website design department, changes or updates that need to be made. The only reason I didn't rate a five is when the design team chose a photo that wasn't in their "stock library" and the photographer was trying to press charges. The HIBU team did not want to take any responsibility for this mistake and it was partially our fault. It got resolved but it is something I'm not satisfied with it.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Our biggest issue with Hibu throughout our contract but especially at first were the ads. Their staff that writes the posts clearly does not understand the jewelry industry, and the ads were not well written and sometimes inappropriate. Fortunately, our representative, Patrick **, was able to quickly make corrections to both the pictures and written material. We asked him to use our regular Facebook posts and then boost them appropriately. I had to contact Patrick at least once a month to make corrections. We are very grateful to him, because without him, our investment would have been wasted. We were also disappointed that more people did not provide the reviews as we had hoped. We handed out the little cards, and we even stamped every customer receipt with the link information. Few people responded.

Hibu response
Hi Al, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any
inconvenience you had with Hibu Social Classic and Hibu Reviews. We’ll schedule someone from our

customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Social Classic program . We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we couldn’t resolve your concerns, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Great company to work with and Shane is very helpful to us in making our marketing decisions. Always innovative and gives a fresh look. Looking forward to the future with Shane and Hibu. I would definitely recommend Shane to other businesses.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Our representative was friendly and very helpful so was the support team. This was my first experience with a website and the Hibu team made it easy and we are very happy with the results and would recommend Hibu to friends.

Hibu Company Information