Call toll free
3.37/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

736 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 21, 2018

I've been working with Hibu for almost a year and they have helped us increase our digital presence through online display ads and increase traffic on our website. Our rep is always very helpful and is always very quick to help us resolve any issues or answer any questions.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I've had a great experience with Hibu ever since I started. David ** is very helpful, he's personally helped me with my business. And so has everyone else I've dealt with from Hibu. Their customer service is great. I would recommend everyone to them.

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback Travis. We are happy we could help your business.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Brandy ** is so helpful and knowledgeable about marketing! She spends the time needed to help us get results! And the dashboard with HIBU makes things really easy for me to update info across the board! I'm really excited to see how the next few months and coming year turn out.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I would like to mention, my local contact representative, Tina, is always checking to make sure I am up to date with my site and know how to read my reports. Tina is on top of customer service constantly. I also want to thank Andrea, my customer service rep for responding to any questions and concerns. Andrea checks in with me to see that I'm satisfied with everything. I have nothing bad to say about how Hibu is helping my company daily.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I sold my business in June 2017. Hibu auto renewed the ad without any consent and now is turning me over to collection for what happened in that business in Sept 2017. But they claim they have the right because it is in the contract. I will never do business with them again and would not recommend them to anyone. They are liars and cheats and do business in a dirty way. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES!!!

Hibu response

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. It’s unfortunate you had such a negative experience with us, but I am glad you gave me time to help resolve your concern. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 2, 2018

I discovered Hibu Advertising through a local small business referral group. I just relocated my small business from out of state, and the representative seemed genuinely interested in the success of my business. The representative met me at my storefront location and at the conclusion of his presentation I agreed to try the basic $140/month advertising plan. This meeting was the only positive experience I have had with the company.

In the weeks that followed, Hibu sent me several emails asking me to log in to their website. I was unable to do so because the representative had failed to complete the basic information and my account was inactive. However, I paid for the first month. Through October and December, I called numerous times to try and figure out what Hibu was doing with my account. Every attempt to glean information was deflected- I left voicemails that went unanswered, or representatives were unable to provide me with any summary of the basic service Hibu was providing. I was paying this company $140 each month, and they could not provide me with access to my account, a summary of the ads they were supposedly running on my behalf, or any metrics on the effectiveness of their 'efforts.' Despite having no access to my account, no evidence of my ads on Google, and no new customers as a result of advertising, Hibu charged my account without fail.

In January, I received an email from Hibu with minimal analytics on the 'success' of my ad campaign. Even by their metrics, their ads were ineffective- receiving a measly 79 clicks in a month. Furthermore, my website showed no changes in traffic since I started 'advertising' with Hibu. I continued to call Hibu, asking about the effectiveness of these ads and why the returns were so pathetic- and reached only voicemails.

After three months hemorrhaging funds to a company clearly doing nothing to promote my business, I called several times to try and cancel my account. After waiting on hold for 38 minutes, the call center representative told me I had to contact my original salesperson to cancel. I proceeded to leave four voicemails for the salesperson over the next two weeks. I received no reply.

In March, Hibu double-charged my bank account. I was charged $140 on the 2nd of the month, then for another $140 on the 28th. I escalated this to the fraud department with my bank- cancelling my business card and filing a fraud claim against Hibu. Despite these efforts, Hibu again attempted to charge my business for the month of May. To summarize, Hibu is a toxic company. They fail to advertise effectively (or at all, from what I can tell), their customer service is circuitous and unavailable, and their billing practices are fraudulent. Avoid Hibu advertising at all costs.

Hibu response

Hi Drew, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to address your concerns. The Hibu Team

Original review: April 30, 2018

HIBU has to be one of the biggest scammers I have ever done business with. First they came out and told me that if I signed a 6 month contract that my first month would be 100% free. But then 2 weeks after signing the contract they hit my credit card for over $1,600.00. Then 3 weeks later another $2,500.00. They didn't do their jobs as I didn't receive a single return on my investment. I have since canceled and refused to pay on the contract. Currently they have their legal department harassing me. I am looking for others who have been victimized by HIBU as I am looking at a class action lawsuit against this business as well. Please reach out to me if you have been victimized by HIBU yourself. Let's come together and show these bullies that they are not more powerful than we the people.

Hibu response

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Search and Social Media advertising experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service and hope that we can resolve your concerns.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I started an ad campaign with Hibu in March and decided to cancel a couple of hours later and customer service told me they (customer service) could not help me. I needed to talk to the rep. or the web designer. Neither would return calls or emails. Have not got anything but runaround from this company and a $400 Bill for web design I canceled with several reps of Hibu. I don't understand how anyone can say anything positive about this company.

Hibu response

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Hibu website experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 29, 2018

When I sat down initially with our representative I was very excited. I was new to the restaurant industry and my wife who is the business minded and savvy one was 7 months pregnant at the time. The idea that one company would effectively handle all of our social media and online presence seemed almost too good to be true. After spending over an hour on the phone with our web designer I was given 48 hours to provide all of the content that I requested be included (already more time than it takes to design a decent webpage with most DIY companies). When I didn't have time to immediately provide all of the content, details, and pictures for our website the designer plagiarized my wife's content for the site we're hoping to replace.

The images we were able to submit were distorted and the content was wrong. The banner ads they created lead to a nonexistent domain (404 error) which may have been better than directing customers to the sad excuse for a website they provided. When we asked for a refund they said the contract didn't allow for cancellation regardless of services provided. This is not a professional digital marketing company, just a scam trying to capitalize on new business owners that don't have the time to do social media themselves. My recommendation would be to pay any mildly computer savvy 12 year old for a better product.

Hibu response

When our customers are unhappy, we’re unhappy... Let us make it up to you! We will be in touch with resolution options.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 26, 2018

Unknown to me Hibu took over my Google business page and made it impossible for me to manage my online reviews. It is hard telling how many customer I have lost due to my inability to respond to my online reviews. They actually have been taking money from me to destroy my business image. They called and spoke with a person who had no authority and tell me that this person who no longer works for me authorized more business with Hibu. This person never had that authority and I am certain that Hibu did not have this person as a contact person from my company. When I reached out to them I spoke with 5 different people and received 5 different descriptions of how their products work. Then I spoke with a manager who told me that they were all wrong. Who should I trust? Absolutely no one at Hibu. I still do not have control of my Google account.

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Scott. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I put in for a cancellation back in February. Under our contract they were supposed to update our company website for free once a year. It was never done. Now that I want to cancel the account I'm getting the runaround. I spoke with someone in February to cancel and they told me they just needed an email to update the billing info and to state that I wanted to cancel the account. He never put in the cancellation and didn't make a note of it. I called back in March. I was told the same thing. I complied and assumed it would be taken care of. Again the person that I spoke to never put in the cancellation. I have had to call a third time to get this cancelled. This is the worst experience I have ever had and I would not recommend them at all.

Hibu response

Corina, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Insufficient response received
Original review: April 19, 2018

Is there a zero star?? All promises were broken - e.g., sales rep promised SEO and internet marketing with a monthly fee. Never did. There is really no written contract; I was asked to say "Yes" to statements from a pre-recorded voice on the phone, presto - I couldn't get out of a one-year contract even with a very bad service! I felt I was totally scammed. Towards the end of the 12-mo contract, I was even mislead to believe that I have 3 months more to go - and agony didn't finish - they have not refunded the payment that was withdrawn from my account, which was actually over withdrawn because they require automatic payment.

During the course of my agony, I called several people at Hibu and NO ONE ever advised me of what to do with issues I encountered in their management of my website. Poor. Poor. Poor. Very poor! If you see nice reviews here - Hibu might have written them - please don't get scammed by Hibu! They know how to erase bad reviews, why wouldn't they erase theirs? I guarantee you, this review will be erased too. But until then... a few would be able to read... this: HIBU is a hype, it is wrong to engage them!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've been with Hibu since 2008. Since then I have seen the company come up with different solutions that deliver results in yielding additional customers. We went from yellow page ads to going completely digital. I love having a dedicated rep that can fully customize your marketing campaign to fit your goals and budget. These products deliver every year.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We ran a social media campaign for our business. We were with a sales guy for years. The post didn't really get a return and half of them didn't pertain to what we were doing. I tried for months to get in touch with sales rep. I found out they had let him go. I could not get a response to new sales rep and decided to cancel. I was told I was on 12 month contract and couldn't. When I pushed they finally said I can cancel and even emailed a letter.

The next month, I received a bill for more money. When I called I was told, we only cancelled a portion of the promotion and I was not able to cancel the rest because I was on a 12 month contract. I asked why I can cancel one 12 month contract but not the other. I got a bunch of excuses. I asked to speak with management and was told I can't. I asked the CSR for an employee number or Id so I can identify her and was told she doesn't have anything but her first name. We have several business with several campaigns with this company and will be pulling them all due to lack of customer service. All this over $70.

Hibu response
I am glad we have come to a mutual agreement and were able to resolve your concern.

Insufficient response received
Original review: April 17, 2018

Digital Marketing Services - I was solicited by a Hibu agent in my office about a year ago. Since then they have managed to erase my family business of over 50 years from existing on Google searches involving my business in two cities!!!

Charles,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you and address your concerns.

5/3

Charles, we have made several attempts (4/27, 5/1 & 5/3) to reach you via phone and email. At your convenience, please contact us at the number in provided in the emails. The Hibu Team

Original review: April 13, 2018

Terrible... Terrible experience! First off I was promised a website up and running in two weeks. It's been a month still no site! Due to the design consultant's team not being trained to follow through with task. The first on 3/26/18 I spoke with a design consultant to collect content for the website's builders. We went through an intense hour in a half consultation. We then postponed for 3/28/18 verify all content and images before forwarding that content to the web builders on that Wednesday. No follow up call. I then for eight straight days called and left message after message on the sales consultant line as well as the sales manager and also the design consultant's line with no return calls. I then left a disruptive voicemail and finally received a call from the sales rep on the account. She informed me that they let the design consultant go from the company.

She also informed me that the account was reassigned to a new consultant in that department and she would be contacting me soon to introduce her self and pick up where Marlene left off. No such call ever came; I then contacted Nicole of sales department on 4/4 informing her I still had yet to receive a call. Then on 4/6/18 someone named Holly calls to state she needed me to verify the web design that was finished! I was appalled at the possibility of a completed design when they never received the rest of the content.

She then was very nasty and blatantly lied about the matter so instead of letting hire up know it's a problem they then try to hand off the account to someone who was completely inexperienced that single-handedly made her own protocol and policies and she didn't understand her job period. Every time I ask for the owner or higher up they state how they don't have one! Oh and let's not get into how rude their design team is the whole team that is.

Veronica,

Please accept our apologies that this review was not addressed by our company in a timely fashion. We are unsure how this was missed. In reviewing your account, we see that you decided to cancel your advertising due to the concerns raised below. This is not the experience that we want our advertisers to have with our company. Again, we apologize for the delay in getting your advertising completed.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: April 12, 2018

Have just completed a live chat with customer service, where the representative has encouraged me to call the Claims Dept. of Hibu. As advised, have attempted to call, where I was informed that they would not transfer me to anyone. I have asked for supervisors, placed on hold, and hung up on. While attempting to chat further with live, suddenly, no response back. Second call to CS, stated I was being sent to Claims, placed on hold, phone picked up and placed on hold again for over 5 minutes at this time. Documentation has been noted.

Hibu response

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding your concerns. I am sorry for what had occurred, but I am glad we were able to find a resolution and I appreciate your feedback. Our company will only continue to evolve for the better, so thank you!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I really like the fact that I only have to deal with one person. If I have a question or a problem then I call them and get things resolved. I've dealt with many other companies and I have to wait on hold forever, talk to many different people all over the country and nothing gets done except cost me lots of time and money.

Original review: March 27, 2018

A Hibu account representative, Carmen ** came into my place of work recently. We have a prominent 'no soliciting' sign posted in our window and (as we did not request any information from Hibu) we felt that it was a violation of our request of no solicitation that she came in and gave a pitch anyway. There really wasn't an introduction (she told me who she was but did not ask who I am or what my place is in the business), so she couldn't have known that as she was pulling up all the listing information she found for our business (which, as we didn't request this meeting with her or ask her to review our information, also felt like a violation). She was condemning my work personally, as the marketing and social media manager for the business. Apparently, I should be aware that we will not be competitive as a business if we don't utilize Hibu's services.

I tried to be kind, telling her that I would pass along the information, but then she happened to ask who is in charge of our promotional work and I had to tell her that I am... at which point it seemed to dawn on her that it may not have been the right approach to tell me to my face that my promotional work will not help our business succeed. But even still, she did not accept my polite, "We'll pass your card along to the owner and contact you if we're interested" dismissal... the manager had heard the conversation and come up to see what was going on and it wasn't until she saw him and he reiterated our stance on the pitch that she finally exited the building.

The interaction was tense, but for some reason she sat in her parked car directly outside of our business (which is parking meant for paying customers, so they don't have to lug their heavy items across the parking lot) for several minutes before finally driving away. I know it isn't a fun job to have to make cold calls to businesses that haven't expressed any interest in your service and that staff can be rude when receiving the unsought sales pitch, but I think Hibu should consider making some adjustments in how they promote themselves via their representatives.

Hibu response

We have established the "Do Not Contact" on the prospects that have been identified in our system for your business. We have also notified sales management advising them of this request. Our sales representatives are trained this way, but we cannot control every sales rep and we cannot promise another sales rep wont walk in or call your business. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I was misled with a free trial and after the 30 days I was not happy I got no business. I asked to Cancel. They do not let you! It is a scam!!! They said I am locked in a contract even if they promised me a free trial and 100% customer satisfaction warranty!!! Scammers!!!

Hibu response

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concerns. I appreciate your time while we worked to resolve this. Thank you!

Original review: March 19, 2018

When we decided to use the company they promised all these things that they would do for us. That has been a lie. They charge us 300.00 to do a post on FB when I actually get more work for us than them. We are now locked into it for a year. I told them they keep repeating same ads. They were rude. Said, "Sorry you're locked in." They only care about getting your money and they won't refund or cancel if you don't like. I can't wait to be done 'cause come the year up we're gone. Don't waste your time or money.

Hibu response

Thank you for reaching out to us, we will be in touch shortly.

4/11/2018

Hi Maria,

We have made multiple attempts to reach out to you to discuss your concerns but have not yet received a response. If you would like to discuss this further, please call us at the phone number in the emails that we have sent.

Thanks,

Hibu’s Investigations and Resolutions Team

4.13.2018

Hi Maria,

The number we have on file ends in 2428 and this is the number on which we have left voicemails. Emails have also been sent to the email address on file carpetmastersnw@gmail.com and we have copied the email address you provided here. If you do not see them please check spam.

Thanks,

Hibu Investigations and Resolutions

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have paid Hibu lots of money to advertise for the last several years. The salesperson makes lots of promises to get me to sign on for a new year, even though I express my frustration that last year's promises were not kept, including Hibu was unable to buy my domain name so that my business cards would have current information. Finally I sent a letter last November cancelling all Hibu accounts & they emailed me confirming my cancellation with the statement "sorry to see you go." Then they continued to take over $200 each month from my bank account & when I wrote them again to tell them to stop charging me as their services were cancelled, they attacked my credit & made false reports to the credit agencies.

Hibu response

I am sorry we were not able to reach a mutual agreement on your concern. Hibu found you did reinstate your Review product with us on 11/28/2017 via phone. The documentation you provided indicates you do not want to renew the print directory with us, and therefore the print directory was not renewed. We did not received a cancellation request from you for the Review product since you’ve reinstated it. Thank you for your time on discussing this matter.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I had decided the day I was having the account set up to cancel with Hibu. John came on the phone and pushed me into waiting and give it a month. I even asked could I cancel it at any time. He said yes. That was 2/28. I called today to cancel, 3/16, I was told the work had been done and I was locked in for a year, paying 49.00 per month. I talked to John, I told him I was not getting any business, I was down to my last $50 in the bank and I wanted to cancel.

He told me too bad, I wasn't going to be able to cancel and to basically get over myself and deal with it. This has been the worse. He proceeded to lecture me and tell me if I am going to end my life (I am about ready to) to go ahead. What a rude person. When I asked how I can get out of it, he said to stop paying then I'll get collectors calling. That'll make my credit go down. HIBU doesn't care. Nor have any consideration at all for it customers. I just want to cancel and not be charged $49 a month. That was all.

Hibu response

Lori, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you and address your concerns

Original review: March 15, 2018

I had an unusual situation where I could not approve my ad until I had more information on my side. I worked with Lisa ** and she helped me to prepare the ad completely and a final due date. I was able to call her one day before,she had everything prepared and we were ready to submit in a few minutes. In this day and age, it is great working with a live person when having something unusual. I enjoy the personal touch of a person, direct phone line, understanding the language and working with someone who knows what she is doing.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I spoke with Jamie today regarding the renewal of our firm's yearly contract and phone book ads. She was very helpful and knowledgeable. She offered many choices and made suggestions regarding options for our business without me feeling pressured. I appreciated the assistance with my concerns and we were able to get everything taken care of quickly and with ease.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Record every conversation and get names of people you are talking to!!! Very hard to get in touch with customer service agent in charge of my account. They withdrew an amount much larger than agreed upon from my account and then I had to wait to get to talk to anyone. The ad in the phone book is not even correct. Beware of this company! They are not the only game in town!

Hibu response
Patti, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you and address your concerns.

-Hibu

3.23.2018 Patti, thank you for taking the time to speak with us as we worked to address your concerns. We are pleased that we were able to reach a mutually agreeable resolution.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Lisa ** is wonderful, explains everything very well. Love the service and friendliness!! I would recommend Hibu to anyone who is interested in advertising on the web. Affordable prices and no one tries to make you feel that you have to purchase this advertisement. Definitely worth looking into!

Original review: March 13, 2018

They add products that you would not have purchased if you knew there was an additional charge. They don't call you back. They will not cancel and continue to tell me I'm receiving more calls than I'm actually receiving. Very dissatisfied, could not get a copy of my contract and then when finally received, (sales rep. laptop would not print) it is not what you discussed with rep. and they won't let you cancel as it is past their allowed cancellation time.

My file on phone calls to Hibu customer service is 2 inches thick, I wised up and made them email everything to me, as one person will tell you one thing and say they will call you back, they never call you back and another person tells you something different. I have had customer service tell me they are no longer with us and call back and the no longer with us is talking to you. Someone needs to put a stop to this, they have set me up for collections on a product I finally got cancelled. They still send me monthly updates on calls I'm supposedly receiving after cancelled and then set me up with a collection agency.

Hibu response

Thank you for reaching out to us to express your concerns. I’ve attempted to reach you on 4 occasions to no avail. Please give me a call back at your earliest convenience in hopes we can resolve your concerns. Our customer service number is 800-929-3556. Thank you!

Original review: March 9, 2018

We have had a good experience with Hibu in setting up & creating our web page. All the Hibu representatives have been very knowledgeable & helpful to work with. I would highly recommend Hibu to anyone looking to create a new webpage or update their current one.

Hibu response

Thank you for your Review Michelle. We appreciate your feedback!

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: March 8, 2018

I was very happy with the service provided by Adam. He was very helpful giving advice on which direction to go to get my business name out there and grow my business. Really appreciate his expertise and hope to continue to do business with him.

Hibu Company Information