Call toll free
3.95/5
Based on 323 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

711 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 16, 2018

I had decided the day I was having the account set up to cancel with Hibu. John came on the phone and pushed me into waiting and give it a month. I even asked could I cancel it at any time. He said yes. That was 2/28. I called today to cancel, 3/16, I was told the work had been done and I was locked in for a year, paying 49.00 per month. I talked to John, I told him I was not getting any business, I was down to my last $50 in the bank and I wanted to cancel.

He told me too bad, I wasn't going to be able to cancel and to basically get over myself and deal with it. This has been the worse. He proceeded to lecture me and tell me if I am going to end my life (I am about ready to) to go ahead. What a rude person. When I asked how I can get out of it, he said to stop paying then I'll get collectors calling. That'll make my credit go down. HIBU doesn't care. Nor have any consideration at all for it customers. I just want to cancel and not be charged $49 a month. That was all.

Hibu response

Lori, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you and address your concerns

Original review: March 15, 2018

I had an unusual situation where I could not approve my ad until I had more information on my side. I worked with Lisa ** and she helped me to prepare the ad completely and a final due date. I was able to call her one day before,she had everything prepared and we were ready to submit in a few minutes. In this day and age, it is great working with a live person when having something unusual. I enjoy the personal touch of a person, direct phone line, understanding the language and working with someone who knows what she is doing.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I spoke with Jamie today regarding the renewal of our firm's yearly contract and phone book ads. She was very helpful and knowledgeable. She offered many choices and made suggestions regarding options for our business without me feeling pressured. I appreciated the assistance with my concerns and we were able to get everything taken care of quickly and with ease.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Record every conversation and get names of people you are talking to!!! Very hard to get in touch with customer service agent in charge of my account. They withdrew an amount much larger than agreed upon from my account and then I had to wait to get to talk to anyone. The ad in the phone book is not even correct. Beware of this company! They are not the only game in town!

Hibu response
Patti, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you and address your concerns.

-Hibu

3.23.2018 Patti, thank you for taking the time to speak with us as we worked to address your concerns. We are pleased that we were able to reach a mutually agreeable resolution.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Lisa ** is wonderful, explains everything very well. Love the service and friendliness!! I would recommend Hibu to anyone who is interested in advertising on the web. Affordable prices and no one tries to make you feel that you have to purchase this advertisement. Definitely worth looking into!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: March 13, 2018

They add products that you would not have purchased if you knew there was an additional charge. They don't call you back. They will not cancel and continue to tell me I'm receiving more calls than I'm actually receiving. Very dissatisfied, could not get a copy of my contract and then when finally received, (sales rep. laptop would not print) it is not what you discussed with rep. and they won't let you cancel as it is past their allowed cancellation time.

My file on phone calls to Hibu customer service is 2 inches thick, I wised up and made them email everything to me, as one person will tell you one thing and say they will call you back, they never call you back and another person tells you something different. I have had customer service tell me they are no longer with us and call back and the no longer with us is talking to you. Someone needs to put a stop to this, they have set me up for collections on a product I finally got cancelled. They still send me monthly updates on calls I'm supposedly receiving after cancelled and then set me up with a collection agency.

Hibu response

Thank you for reaching out to us to express your concerns. I’ve attempted to reach you on 4 occasions to no avail. Please give me a call back at your earliest convenience in hopes we can resolve your concerns. Our customer service number is 800-929-3556. Thank you!

Original review: March 9, 2018

We have had a good experience with Hibu in setting up & creating our web page. All the Hibu representatives have been very knowledgeable & helpful to work with. I would highly recommend Hibu to anyone looking to create a new webpage or update their current one.

Hibu response

Thank you for your Review Michelle. We appreciate your feedback!

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: March 8, 2018

I was very happy with the service provided by Adam. He was very helpful giving advice on which direction to go to get my business name out there and grow my business. Really appreciate his expertise and hope to continue to do business with him.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Peggy was very professional and courteous! Enjoyed speaking with her today. She had some wonderful suggestions. Our ads look great! So glad that I had the chance to work with her on our ads. I look forward to working with her in the future.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Nick was very professional and helpful with renewing our service. He answered all my questions and made it easy to renew. His follow up was fantastic and I really appreciated that. He offered great suggestions and kept us up to date on new offerings. Thanks Nick!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I cancelled my contract with this company in December to be effective in January, I understand contracts and how they work. I also understand how overcharging a customer and refusing to listen to their complaint will get you in a bad spot, which is why I am here. They continue to preach 12-month contract yet when we do simple addition and subtraction, contract amount is one number and paid amount is a different one. When they do not match the other party should work to fix it right? Not Hibu, they don't care and never paid any attention to my complaint until I mentioned Class Action Lawsuit and the BBB. Then they called and still never tried to fix the problem. As a business owner, I am tired of the runaround and feel it is time to put the screws to them. Anybody else want to join in?

Hibu response

Thank you for the taking time to reach out to us about your concern. I do apologize for the misunderstanding that took place, but I am happy we were able to resolve your concerns. Thank you again for you time, patience and understanding on the matter. If you need any advertising services in the future, I do hope you take Hibu into consideration. Thank you!

Original review: March 1, 2018

Hibu has done a very good, timely job of maintaining our website and improving our search engine optimization. Our customer service representative has been very attentive to our needs and responds to inquiries in a timely fashion. The only problem we have had involves billing. We had discontinued one service but continued to have funds withdrawn from our account after the cancellation.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have had several dealings with Julie ** and Hibu over several years and have received great results. Julie works hard to get the results needed. I have been in business for forty years and Julie has helped my business for at least half of this years. I highly recommend HIBU and Julie **. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Martin Door has been a customer of HIBU for several years. Our HIBU Salesman Ryan ** has been a great asset. Ryan always brings us the new ways to drive new business to us through Phone Calls, our Website, Facebook, etc. Ryan always looks out for Martin Door's best interest. Hibu and Ryan are an awesome team. I would recommend HIBU to any business that wants more business. Their advertising works!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Last year, we contacted Hibu, Inc. to cancel our services with them. We had some new marketing ventures that we were exploring and needed to re-allocate some of our marketing budget. The call to cancel was simple enough. We were assured that our services had been properly canceled and that we would receive one last bill at the beginning of 2018. The last bill came, I called to verify that the services were canceled, a Hibu, Inc. customer service representative confirmed that the services were canceled. Then I received a bill in February. "Well, this must be a mistake;" I thought to myself. No. They neglected to cancel the "digital directory" portion of our services. I called to resolve the issue and was met with resistance in the face of logic, indignation, and a less than customer-centered response to my request for help.

Corporations like Hibu, Inc. love taking advantage of small businesses. The quality of what you get for the good money that you render for their services is never equal - they are a morally bankrupt organization and ethically challenged to say the least. Theft is synonymous with Hibu, Inc. They are still the same slithering and dirty operatives that they have always been - you can't polish a... Well, you know the old saying. Please do yourself and your customers a huge favor - STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY! THEY WILL HARM YOU. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMERS. They are base. They have no dignity to speak of and are akin to a bad rash when you attempt to free yourself from their clutches. Be Warned.

Hibu response

I am very sorry you had encountered such issues with us. I am happy we were able to resolve your concerns and do hope you keep us in mind for any future advertising needs. Thank you for your time on finding a satisfactory resolution to your concern. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

We like your services, we find the phone call reviews helpful as well as the monthly check-ins. The phone call/website feature has been helpful as well, recording our phone calls has been helping improve how we work with customers and make sure we are making a connection each time.

Hibu response

This is great news! We are happy that these services are working for your business. Thank you for the feedback.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have been advertising with HIBU for years and have seen real results. My Rep is attentive to my business using an internet campaign and some print ads to increase my customer base. I will continue to use HIBU and am looking forward to a successful campaign.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Very impressed with the service and professionalism and knowledge of this company and my rep. Love my new website and the traffic it gets - I've gotten great feedback from my friends and customers. The price was fair. I would recommend Hibu to others who are looking for a solid reliable website provider.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We had several issues from the beginning with Hibu. First, we were told that our ads would start the first of the month, per our request. That didn't happen, instead it took 6 more days. Getting credentials to our dashboard was also put on the back burner. We were very specific about pictures to use and wording. Our ad only had one sentence in which an incorrect word was used, they put complete instead of compete. The picture used was also inadequate to the target audience we were looking for. Also, the designer of the page called to follow up with us, we missed her call, called her back but never heard a peep again. The design person lacks in the caring for product quality. We also asked for our email address, for communication between us and Hibu, be changed in the beginning. They told us it was changed... lo and behold it wasn't. Took over two month to change an email address.

We rode the wave with our 6 month contract. Cancelled in a timely manner but they still kept deducted their fee from our bank account. We overall regret our decision to use Hibu and wish we could have spent our money wisely elsewhere. It was a complete waste of money and they are trying not to refund us our money that they took without our consent. P.S. My sister (real estate) and my father's (insurance company) signed up with Hibu. They are also unsatisfied with all aspects of Hibu.

Hibu response

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Hibu talked a good game but did not come through on any of it. I was assigned a very young and inexperienced person to work on my website. After one hour and a half telephone conversation and a second half hour telephone conversation, I got a website that wasn't close to what I wanted. Then I got a barrage of calls from other Hibu employees for SEO and a host of other "services". All seemed to be very young and inexperienced. Each employee worked in their own silo and knew nothing about any other aspects of my website. I was told I couldn't cancel the site even though I had paid a down payment and had not gotten anything of value from them. I didn't realize that I wasn't going to own the web-site nor that the domain name was going to be awkward at best. I don't usually write reviews, however, I feel this is my civic duty. If I had only known before I spent time and money, I would have saved both frustration and money.

Hibu response

Client contracted for display and website products for a 6 month term. These programs were provided. Client did request cancellation during the 6 month period, which was declined due to the minimum contract term. In our discussions with the client he did indicate he was not happy with the website, however he never provided nor made any changes during the pre-live or post live time frame. For the few months the website was online, our client did receive 282 visits to the website. With the information provided to us, there is no credit due.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Bill **, my account rep, is a great representative to small businesses. He is able to drive traffic using Google Tools and advertising. He is responsive and provides great knowledge and insight. I saw traffic to my website increase 100%.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My husband and I were promised multiple marketing techniques without plan and were given 0. Website had so many mistakes and errors! Customers evidently was terrible. Never willing to help!! Stay away!

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Lisamarie. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

This is honestly the worst customer service experience I have ever had. When we first started HIBU promised the world like everyone else writing bad reviews. 30 days in and nothing got posted or worked on. After I pointed this out multiple times they offered me a credit admitting fault. They fixed it and the content was AWFUL!!! I have asked to cancel multiple times on the basis that they are not delivering what was promised. I have emailed the cancellation team, called customer service and I just keep getting the runaround. So I called the CEO and left him a voice message. I own a small business and they seem to not care at all. Now no one will call me back. Do yourself a favor and look somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I am loving the Customer Review ability on the web page. It gives an honest chance for people to see what other customers have experienced. When I have noticed any little glitches or mistakes, all I had to do was make a quick call to my sales rep. "Liz **" and within minutes she was calling me back with everything FIXED!... Thanks Liz, you are fantastic!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We had consulted about a Google Adwords campaign for several weeks. When it was getting close to implementing the campaign I requested one final meeting to discuss a few adjustments before starting. A month goes by, we got our first bill and there was never a final meeting held to shore up details of the Adwords campaign. We had unresolved issues that were just pushed through. After fighting with them about how this got pushed through without our consent we got a pause to our campaign but the $2,500 first month's bill was ransomed and we still haven't gotten resolution (a year later). We ended up hiring out Adwords management out to another media group. They seemed very eager to sell me on a service but not eager to provide the service beyond the sale.

Hibu response

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your purchase.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

When I first encountered Kyla ** and discussed what Hibu could do for my company, I attempted to apply skepticism. But, if they can deliver on all of these promises, it has to pay off for my company. Needless to say, they have! Thank Kyla and thank you Vaughn **... you nailed it!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have been working with Derek ** for the last few years, he and the Hibu team have done a great job at informing me of services and meeting our needs. Since working with Derek we have switched all our advertising over to Hibu making them on only and number one provider. I am please with our working relationship.

Hibu response

Thank you Richard for your feedback. We are happy that we are helping your business.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I was their customer for at least five to seven years, advertising for my private practice dental office, they were suppose to do a good job as far as a recommendation for search engine optimization (I found out it was at %33). I was shocked to find out that my ad was on page seventeen on Google. When I called to cancel the service, they removed my free listing from Google, they kept the free YouTube video they created for my business, attached to it, the only false negative review (unverified) from 2012. Hibu deliberately removed all the other five star reviews, which were about sixteen. The website they created for me is inactive since I requested to transfer the domain to another company, they still have the website of my office up and inactive on Google. If this matter is not resolved in a satisfactory manner as soon as possible, I may seek legal advice.

Hibu response

Hello Dr. Girgis, I am sorry you had a less than satisfactory experience. I appreciate the time you took to explain your concerns and issues to me. Thank you and we hope we can serve any advertising needs you may have in the future.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

NEVER use these people for your business. Because they didn't know what they were doing where websites are concerned, my husband's company disappeared from the internet and didn't get a single new customer call for 15 months. This was after being on page 1 on every search engine from 2005 to 2013 with our previous website company. Hibu almost ruined us. After returning to our old company, we're back on page 1 again. Absolute WORST "upgrade" decision we've ever made. "JUST SAY NO"!

Hibu response

Anita, all feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our Customer Care team to contact you to address the concerns that you have raised.

2.1.2018 – Anita, I still not have received the information. Once we receive it we can continue the investigation on your account. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Please make sure to record any conversation with this company! You will be happy you did. I have had a heck of a time getting Hibu to correct the error with my listing. I have an online business. No physical address which I explain the very first day the rep Andrew ** call me. He said he understands and I will be a candidate because he was on my website and he can help me to get traffic to my site. Everything sounds great so I agree to have the service because he told me if I don't like what they do to my business In 30 days to call and cancelled. I start receiving calls on my cell phone to verified my store address from Google yet and much more, just could not under what or how they get my personal number. I receive a phone call from someone wanted to purchase an item and was on the way to pick, I explain to them to I have to ship to them and politely ask how did he get my cell phone number.

That when I found out my information was on the internet and the directory, so I enter my business name on the internet. To my surprise my home address is coming up as my business address. My cell phone number is listing as my business number and my personal email. All this is listed in the phone directory. I call them to cancel and correct this issue and they complete refuse stating am under a 12 contract. I explain to them, "No. Am still in my 30 days." They said, "No you only had 7 days." It was one lie after another. I had to file a claim with the BBB to get someone Hibu attention and do something. They refuse to list my 1800 number which makes no sense to. They are saying they have to list a local number. Finally, they agree to cancel the listing, but I check my bank account I was still charge.

The next thing I know I have a new contract stating I agree to have them do ads listing of me and that they have voice verification. This is beyond crazy at this point. I email them to let them know I did not agree to this. Kris call me and I explain to her I did not do any voice verification for any listing. To my surprise, she spends 20 minutes on the phone trying to get me to do a voice verification to cancel ads listing. I refuse to do it. She then informs me if the ads go live I will have to pay. At this point, I told her to let me call my lawyer, and she can request to have a copy ready with me saying I wanted ads service. I have never come across a company with almost all of them telling lies. They can't accept I don't want anything to do with them.

What makes them think I work for them? Hibu can't be serious. They are very nice when selling your service... Not so when you are trying to get away from them. They have done things they are "not supposed to do" and how is that my fault or my problem??? WTH... When you were the one lying. Think long and hard about being involved with Hibu. This is based on my personal experience only, I have a DR appointed tomorrow to deal with this stress. I have to deal with this for the past month. Shame on Hibu!!! "SHAME ON YOU."

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Bronte. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Hibu Company Information