Call toll free
3.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

922 Hibu Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

We started working with Hibu 4 months ago to create marketing ads for our company. So far it has been the worst decision I have made for my business as Hibu’s team is absolutely incompetent and untrustworthy. We were dissatisfied with their service and wanted to close the account but for past 4 months they have been refusing to close it and keep charging us 2.5k a month even though they are not creating any ads for us during this time. They simply keep the account up and running without providing any service, sounds like SCAMMERS to me. We have dealt with multiple managers (Mary, Heather, Dana) all whom promise to look into your account and assist only to never call you back or follow up.

In the first weeks of working together, they posted our holiday ads with a special offer 5 days AFTER the promo had already expired! They are refusing to accept that they screwed up even after we show them the facts and screenshots. They have been destroying our reputation with our customers by creating very basic ads that anyone with no knowledge could create, by posting offers that have expired DAYS before. Dealing with Hibu has been the worst nightmare and I highly recommend steering away from them. They will take your money and refuse to answer you emails or call back to solve an issue. The WORST customer service and service providers.

Hibu response

Ieva, thank you for speaking with me today. I am happy we were able to resolve your concerns in a satisfactory manner. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Steven is very knowledgeable in website creation and phone book ad placement. He has helped our company for years with both our website and phone book ad. These two forms of advertising have helped us sell numerous jobs. Steven has been a great asset to our company and a friend. We recommend him to anybody looking for advertising.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Jesse! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the service you've received!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

The salesperson, Anna ** lied to us every step of the way. I explained we were a seasonal business, she said we could advertise for two months no problem. I told her that we would do $500 of Google Ads for July and then $250 in August as we slow down in August because college kids return to school mid-August. She said that would be fine. I said if I was happy with the results then I would renew in January.

She came in with the contract but we were busy at the time and I said the prices and the dates we discussed and she said yes. My business partner was informed of what terms I agreed to, so he signed the paperwork. After she left we realized we didn't have a copy of the contract. I called and asked her for it and she said she would bring it, she did not.

Jody, the person who did our campaign setup called and I reiterated our terms of agreement. She told me that their standard contract is 6 months and I would have to contact Anna. I contacted Anna and she said she could pause it if I sent her a request in writing. I said, "These terms are not what I agreed to," and she told me to email her and hung up. I emailed her the same day telling her to pause my campaign. She responded and said she couldn't pause the campaign until November. I told her that was unacceptable as this is not what we had agreed to but since I did not have a contract, I didn't know what had been agreed upon.

I spent two hours today trying to get a copy of the contract from their "customer care" team. One hung up on me. I called back and then asked to speak to a supervisor. He initially refused to let me speak to a supervisor. Finally I spoke to a John, who apologized but told me I was contractually bound to pay them $3000 during my slowest time of the year. He eventually said he would pause the contract until January. I am contacting my lawyer tomorrow and have stopped payment through American Express as their business is exceptionally shady.

Hibu response

8/16/19 Daniel, I am happy we were able to provide a solution to your concern.

8/9/19 Hello Daniel, We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Search Standard! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: July 30, 2019

We signed up for HIBU for their online marketing with Google and display ads. They came into our store and approached us knowing we were a firearms store. I told them that get would not be able to market us on Facebook or Google very easily but they assured us it would not be a problem and if the marketing did not work we would be able to cancel in writing. None of this was true. We are stuck in a confusing agreement with 12 months of display ads that are not running for our industry and 6 months of google ads that are not running for our intended industry either. They are marketing us as sporting goods so we have people calling about basketballs and are wasting money because they will not let us cancel and can't market us like they said they could. They come in with a great sales pitch on how they are a primer partner with Facebook and Google and they can work their magic. Don't get fooled like we did.

They do not communicate well with you after they get your credit card info. You would think their goal would be to get your advertising working well so you would stay with them but not the case. They put together the primary ads that were not approved. They then asked us to change our website some so they could get the ads approved. All in all in the end we are now running two separate websites just to get some name recognition out of our Hibu advertising even though it is not advertising our products. The ads they got approved do not advertise what they are supposed to advertise but hey at least we are getting impressions on one web to get the name out there. All I can say is be very cautious of Hibu as they are a scam in my opinion.

7/31/2019

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. We have opened an investigation to review your concerns and someone with our Customer Care team will be in contact shortly. Thank you!

8/8/2019

William, I am glad your sales representative and I were able to help resolve your concerns. Thank you for your time on the matter.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Worst decision I have ever made! This company is going to run me out of business if I continue with them. So far the worst company I have ever done business with. Do not hire, they will not do anything to help.

7/23/2019

Karol, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Someone from our Customer Care team will be in touch shortly. Thank you!

8/6/2019

Karol, thank you for taking your time to work with me. Although we couldn’t find a mutually satisfying resolution, I do appreciate your time on this matter as well as bringing it to our attention. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: July 10, 2019

We had a website for several years and really had no problem with it. However, we sold our business and had to call 3 times to cancel. The second time we paid an additional month because it had gone into the next month when we received a letter notice via email (that went into spam). We got a name and a confirmation number. Then, lo and behold a month later received another late notice via email in the spam folder, thank goodness we check it. My mom, who was the owner and president of the company had to call me three-way because I was the manager who signed the contract (what if it was some random manager that was fired). They would not just talk to her, I HAD to be on the line.

Then they told us the name we gave wasn't in his department so the confirmation number we had was pretty much useless. WHAT??? Then went on to say we are responsible to pay the monthly fee because there were no notes on our account for the last 4 months. Between myself and my mom and the new owners that came in, we had contacted Hibu OVER 10 times in the last month alone. We ask to speak to a supervisor and none were available. Ya right. They do not communicate between departments and if you want something done or taken care of you better make sure that you have first names, last names, extension numbers, confirmation numbers, departments and everything you can write down pertaining to that conversation. Will NEVER go with them again for this reason. We had enough headaches selling the business anyway, Hibu made a headache turn into a nightmarish migraine.

Hibu response

Thank you for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your advertising. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased we were able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Got locked into a contract with Hibu about a year ago. Once I signed on the dotted line I never heard back from my sales rep again. Certainly never saw any gains of web traffic anywhere. When the year was up I was supposed to have a meeting with a new sales rep. It was scheduled but she never showed up or called but they continued to charge me monthly for a service I didn't need or want. So when I cut off the credit card was the first time I heard from someone in the company for a year, and it was just to let me know I owed them $70. Told them I didn't want there service, which was fine by them but I still owed them money. After a few emails back and forth letting them know how my time and money was wasted they sent me back an apology email and a address to send my 70 to them. Either way I am not a fan of this company.

7/8/2019

Ryan, I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. Your account will be given to a Senior Customer Care representative to review and be in touch with you soon. Thank you!

7/15/2019

Ryan, thank you for your time. I am glad we were able to find an acceptable resolution to your concerns. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Terrible Customer Service and digital Marketing. I was excited to start with this company in the beginning. Before I committed to a 6 month contract and start paying for it, the sales rep was great and offered different strategies on ways to market my company online. I’m always looking for ways to attract leads online. I left one digital marketing company to use Hibu. This has been the worse decision ever! After they received my credit card info and started billing me, I was never able to get in contact with who I thought was the team that created my ads online. It took days for someone to email me back. Everyone that works there, lives all over the country and state. You keep getting passed around from one person to another. No one knows who’s in charge of your account. They just keep telling you to look at your dashboard, which they control.

Needless to say, I didn’t get any leads from their ads. They used the wrong keywords, which we talked about using specific key words for the ad. I couldn’t find my ads on Google anywhere. I was promised first page of Google, and I never saw that. I went from 80 leads per month with my old marketing company, to zero leads per month with Hibu. At the end, nothing was resolved, I filed a complaint with the company. They did nothing about it, but just kept telling me I was in a 6 month contract. If you are looking to attract people to your website or get leads... THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY FOR THAT.

Hibu response

7/22/19 Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation regarding your hibu advertising. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I would recommend Hibu to anyone looking to start or refresh their website or online presence. I work with Jeff and Don and both are very responsive to any questions or changes I need made. I have my website, SEO, listings and reputation management taken care of in one place rather than multiple companies. Great company and great people!

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback, Nicole! We aim to provide the best products and service for our customers! Thank you!

Original review: June 20, 2019

ATVTracks.net is a business that sells most of its products through its website. We experienced issues with our previous website of 13 years, and as a result had to build a new site. After almost a year our new site was up, but we had lost most of our SEO and organic search rankings as a result. At this time, we had a representative from Hibu contact us. Hibu claimed that for $2,000 per month for a six (6) month contract they could bring us to the front page of Google search rankings. This sounded like an excellent deal. However, after a second party called to notify me that the contract was non-cancelable, I should have been suspicious. I have had a very poor experience with Hibu since then.

As per contract, Hibu promised 4 15-second ads on YouTube. They did provide this, but rather than develop new content for these ads they reused content from the more than 100 educational clips we have on YouTube. The contract also stipulated that they would send us a monthly status report showing where we were in terms of search rankings, and how much we had improved. Hibu was also supposed to contact our web designer and coordinate on adding searchable content for Google. This never happened. Instead Hibu wanted us to give them control of our website, which we refused.

Our website was not receiving much attention or improvement from Hibu’s services, so I asked their local sales representative to come into our office. Together we contacted their main office to discuss our situation. The only person we could talk with was their office secretary. While she was very courteous, she made it plain that she did not have any knowledge of SEO or organic rankings growth. She also would not allow us to speak with any technical people in the office. She said all she could do was relay a message to their IT department. We have not had any response from their IT team, other than the monthly status reports. We have spoken with Hibu’s local representative approximately eight times over six months. The first four visits were for the express purpose of getting the contract signed.

Though Hibu had been working on our contract for four months, our site had reached only the 8th page of the Google search rankings. At that time, we started working with another company on SEO and marketing to improve our Google rankings. Six weeks of work on their part moved our site from the 8th page to the 1st or 2nd page of Google search results. This work included 4,000 emails to customers, six new educational videos on Youtube, and $2,500 per month for Google ads. Additionally, we have updated SEO information on all website pages and send out daily tech tips on Facebook. Meanwhile, $12,000 was spent on services from Hibu. That money was wasted.

We have learned our lesson. Never agree to a lengthy second party contract. Look at the Better Business Bureau reviews for any company you work with. Though you may find some good reviews, there are far more complaints about Hibu from companies both overseas and domestically. Make sure to research any company you are investing in. Otherwise, like us, you might get burned.

6.21.2019

Good afternoon Gary,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We would like the opportunity to discuss the concerns that you have raised. A member of our Customer Care team will reach out to you within 48 hours.

Thanks,

The Hibu Team

7.8.2019

Per Gary's request, we have reached out to Casper; however, he would like to have Gary on the call. We will have a call on 7/17 when Gary returns from vacation.

Hibu Company Information