Call toll free
3.70/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

887 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Steve and his digital consultant counterpart Nicole have been informative, interested and passionate about delivering results for my business! From the start they inquired as to how our business works and what we wanted to accomplish in the future. They put together a marketing and advertising campaign the has delivered results beyond our expectations. I look forward to future growth and a great partnership with the team at HIBU!

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback Dan. We look forward to working with you as well.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We were very impressed with the customer service that our new sales rep from Hibu, Kathy **, presented to us yesterday. We are looking forward to doing business with Kathy. We have had a good response from our website over the last few years. And are looking forward to seeing our new format. Thank you Kathy!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Hibu runs credit card for 10X the amount. No resolution or ethics. It's been 7 months since the error, our company is looking for our $11,000 refund that Hibu charged in error. No support documents, only excuses why invoices cannot be provided. Our credit card needs to be credited for 11,000 and invoices need to be sent.

2.7.2019

Hello Marilyn,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our Customer Care team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Thanks,

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Excellent service and response to need. The sales rep has a thorough understanding of prior year activity, and is receptive to the unique need of us, the client. There is high professional, yet personal, level of service. The finished product in the past has always met our understanding of the order placed.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I can't thank Hibu and Anita enough. They took my company from having no web presence to popping me up all over the place. It was quite painless and they have done a stellar job. Anita has been very attentive and dedicated to my website, my company and me. She is truly a pleasure to work with. I can call her with a change that needs to be made and within an hour or so if not sooner the change is complete. I can't thank you enough, I know I pay you enough. I would recommend Anita and Hibu to anyone needing a web presence.

Hibu response

What great news Tim! So glad your website is working so well. We do appreciate Anita and her efforts.

Hibu Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

As the only person in our Company to handle all marketing along with A/P, A/R, and HR, it's a relief that Hibu rep Rolo ** comes to visit and handle my account. He makes sure our Company has presence in all the right areas. Thanks Rolo!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Mackenzie is incredibly professional and understanding. Even though we didn't move forward with Hibu initially, she has maintained correspondence and offered support for anything we might need. Very impressed overall! Looking forward to working with her again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased a listing in Hibu directory. I paid for everything in full. When I google my listing, I can't find it anywhere. Also, I paid for a Video. I can't find the video anywhere. I paid all this money and I can't find my Company Listing Nowhere! Also, I have not received not one phone call from my listing. This company is a Rip-Off!

2.4.2019

Rochelle,

experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to discuss.

Thanks,

The Hibu Team

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Stacy has been our rep for a few years now. She is very nice and great to work with. She is very efficient. She is precise when reviewing any changes we make and explains my options in full. This year we were looking to downsize our ads and worked to still get us a good deal.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Dan worked with me to see that I got everything I needed and checked to make sure everything was working together. Eric worked on the details of the website to make sure everything was the way I wanted it and to educate me on some of the different aspects. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Hibu response

This is such great feedback on Dan and Eric. We are glad your website is what you wanted and is working well. Thank you Bruce.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Once they got the ok to do business with them they started sucking money! We specified that we wanted to see the ad preview to approve...nope, nothing! Now they want to threaten that we are in a contract & they are sending us to collections! Terrible terrible customer service! Not to mention it was made clear to me today not to reach out to them again unless I had payment! Yep! That’s all they want...is your money!!! Run the other way from these people!

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Chasity. We would like to address your situation with us. We have notified Customer Care Team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

The Hibu Team

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Wichita Driving School is a small business with quite a bit of competition in the area. We have been very lucky to be working with Emily ** & Jake with changes to our website and have had a completely positive experience. We kept hitting dead ends with the support line, but after working with them we have got everything on our website that we hoped for. Emily is so easy to communicate with and Jake is brilliant with coding and making the changes. Thank you both again for your help!

Hibu response

We are happy that you were able to get the website changes you needed. We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Mackenzie and all of Hibu has provided exceptional, personalized customer service to our business as we transitioned websites. Throughout that process and beyond they continually follow up an make sure all of our needs are met and when I have questions they respond within minutes of me sending an email or giving them a call!

Hibu response

Good to hear you like your website and your needs are met. Thank you for the feedback on Mackenzie.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Molly was not pushy, she was business friendly. I appreciated the way our renewal application was presented, gave us a visual of what we have. It is hard to renew our subscription to the paper format of the phone book every year, as we are unsure how many people actually use the paper format. We are not ready to cut off that contact to our clients.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I absolutely love this service. I can't thank Felicia enough for introducing me to HIBU. It has really increased my digital reach and saves me a lot of time. Felicia is awesome. Anytime I have a concern she gets right back with me. I would recommend HIBU to any business owner for digital marketing. Also the cards to give a review are so cool!

Hibu response

We are happy that the digital marketing is working for your business.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Drew is best salesman I have ever dealt with. He shows up when he says and always has everything pulled and ready to go. He’s first class in my book. Already looking forward to our meeting every year. If you have a group of Drew’s working for you, you have a stellar company.

Hibu response

Thank you for the feedback on Drew. We appreciate it.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Linda is absolutely fantastic! She is so sweet and cheery all the time. Anytime I need something changed or updated, it is resolved right away. My business's new website looks so clean and professional. I would recommend her and Hibu to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

It has been an absolutely smooth and easy process working with Kathleen and the rest of the Hibu team. Very pleased with everything so far! I would highly recommend any local business to work with Kathleen as well as the Hibu team!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Patient, pleasant. If she doesn’t know the answer she finds it. We assumed a failing business and mid stream decided to change the name and flavor of the establishment. She has been helpful and diligent in making the google accounts reflect us and not the old owners. It has not been simple! We were approached by many companies, but are so thankful for the day we said yes to Bobbi.

Hibu response

Thanks Lori. We are happy that the online line listings product has turned things around for your business.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I signed up with Hibu in November 2018. Was promised new monthly ads, planning meetings, and listings management. The first ad they tried to make me use looked like a kindergartener had made it. (Can you say "computer generated"?) When I expressed dissatisfaction, the associate stopped responding to my emails. I insisted on being transferred to someone else and was placed with the team lead. I provided the wording AND the photo. They did NOT provide keyword research, etc. like I was promised.

It has been the same ad since Nov with ZERO contact or planning meetings. There is a "dashboard" that the client is responsible for filling in completely. They don't mention this in their sales pitch! About 5-6 weeks into my service I learned that I was supposed to have been walked through this at sign up. Know when someone contacted me to do this? AFTER I requested cancellation. In January. Now for the listings management. In 3 months, they STILL have not done this correctly. My licensure requires specific wording NOT be used. Guess what? Wording is STILL listed. Exactly what I asked them NOT to use. They continue to try to hold me to my contract. It is not legally binding if they are not providing the services! Somebody please help me. This place is a nightmare to work with.

Good afternoon Jennifer,

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the

experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our Customer Care team to contact you to address your concerns.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I subscribed to Hibu for a Website creation and digital marketing since October 2018. I am totally dissatisfied with the service I received to date as I have gained no business for this service. I was coerced into verbally signing a contract without given a hard or digital copy and locked in a 12-month contract for substandard website creation. My daughters said it look like something from the early 80s. When I approached the organization about terminating my service, I was threatened by Digital Consultant and I quote, “We are going to make it UNCOMFORTABLE for you.”

I am paying $150 per month and not received have not received any phone call or email related my business. This service is not making me any money. They even tried to extort more money from by offering me (Display Ad) service. This is how Hibu representative treat their inexperience clients. I had the website reviewed by several professionals and they are reporting a lot of discrepancies. I am going to continue to pay as I agreed to verbally. I don’t expect any better service. This organization is just there to collect and not produce. If asked, I strongly recommend not doing business with Hibu.

Hibu response

Hello, I have attempted to contact you multiple times via phone and email. When you have a free moment please reply so we can work on your concern. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

This company reached out to me when I was already doing a marketing campaign on Facebook. They come in saying they could help me get even better results. I told them I really only wanted to focus on boosting ads on Facebook which was already working. Of course, they want to sell you a website too. After six months, I've gotten no results from this company. What's worse, I stopped doing my own campaign thinking they would take the wheel and do what we discussed. That didn't happen. $700 a month. Very disappointed. I've been calling Brett ** to help me. He talks a good game too but doesn't lift a finger really to actually help. I contacted him several times to find out where my money was actually being spent because it doesn't seem to be on Facebook ads.

Finally, I said forget it. Waste of my time and waste of my money. I could have done it better myself. I should have known when they tried to talk me into spending $3000 more a month to get the "premiere service" person working on my account. Implying that I would get someone with better skills. I cannot say if spending $3,000 more a month would have gotten me anyone better, but I can say that the person that they assigned to my account was a clown that never sounded like he knew what he was doing.

I finally said enough and called to cancel. They told me that they are charging me for another whole month and that the reviews that were pushed upon me, which I never really wanted in the first place, could not be canceled for another six months. What a complete joke of a company!!! To be clear, I sat down with their salesperson we agreed to give this six months. It is now six months. Now the reviews they're telling me I have to pay for another six months even though I have never used that service and I will never use that service.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist

you.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

HIBU, I feel, scammed. Our small family run business out of $3600 over the course of year. I took over our Facebook marketing and in 30 days was able to accomplish better results with just $200. Not super happy about this revelation. Cannot recommend.

Hibu response

Hello, I have attempted to contact you multiple times via phone. When you have a free moment please give me a call back, so we can discuss your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Nick was professional, offered several solutions for my advertising program, one of which I chose that I had no idea existed. This program is just what I needed. Nick was very professional, not pushy but was a great help to me. I would gladly recommend Nick to a friend.

Marcia,

We are happy that you found a solution for your advertising. Thank you for the feedback on Nick.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I closed my account last April, they are still sending me a bill, such a ripoff, how difficult is that to close my account. Unbelievable, now I got how they make money. Please help me and close my account. Do not need your worse services.

Hibu response

Thank you for your time in resolving this matter. I am glad we were able to find a resolution to your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Hibu has done an excellent job at bringing customers to my website. They are super easy to work with, and are willing to make any necessary changes that I asked for. Great people and a great service! My Hibu rep, Kyla, has been so easy to work with. She is easy to get ahold of if I ever need anything and follows up on a consistent basis to ensure and track my progress and satisfaction.

Hibu response

Thank you Cody for the great review! Kudos to Kayla. So glad the website is working so well.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Our program with Hibu has been such a deal breaker for our business. We have seen tremendous growth this year since starting our program last February. Linda has done a great job explaining our programs and changing our plan to help us maximize our growth. Thank you Hibu!!

Hibu response

This is great news Dale! We are happy you are seeing such growth in your business.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Hibu provides affordable digital marketing solutions that saved me time, money, and a solution to out-compete in my industry. Hibu's partners with Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Bing which gives them powerful insight and powerful clout online. My business best interest in is mind which is to drive me leads. I highly recommend Hibu to all businesses.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We took over an existing business and are attempting to rebrand our internet look. We are having very little success... The emails and letters still go to the old owner 7 months in. I had requested a cancellation of service in October then was told I couldn't cancel and have been told once again even though I asked 6 months before the next publishing date.

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Andrea. We would like the to address your concerns and have notified our customer care team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

1/29/2019

Hi Andrea,

We have made several attempts to reach you via phone and email. At your convenience, please respond so that we can further discuss our review of your account.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My father passed away & his business was closed. I deleted his website online & attempted to call in. However, I couldn't get through probably due to the holidays. They still charged his (& my mom's) account for the month after his business closed, even after the website was deleted. They refused to refund or probate the amount.

Hi John,

We are so sorry for your loss and your recent experience. In order to review your concerns, we will need account information. We can locate your father's account using one of the following:

Account number
Business phone number
Business name as it appears on our contract

Email address

If you can provide one of these, we will be able to review the account.

Hibu Customer Care