Call toll free
3.90/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

856 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I'm always responsible for what I write. Stormie and Grace have been outstanding in every aspect of my new experience with Hibu. Service is A++ and the interaction with in house personnel awesome. Scheduled events done on time and correctly. Nice work girls! Thanks.

Hibu response

We are so pleased with your feedback and we will be sure to let Stormie and Grace know. We hope that our service continues to be A++.

Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Completely incompetent company. Support reads out of their manuals and have no true knowledge of what they are doing. "Can you please hold for a short moment while I look into that?" is their most used phrase. We bought a company four months ago that was in contract with HIBU. They tried to bill us for yellow book services for 2020 saying the previous owner bought those services the day before we took over. The previous owner denies this and even was in a three way phone call with HIBU. We reached out to our rep who informed us that they won't even be providing yellow book services for the year 2020. Which is what this phantom charge is for. Our rep told us that he can't get anything done through "corporate". He has to try to use personal connections at the Tulsa office to get anything accomplished.

I tried to email our rep last month to help get our domain transferred. Received an automated response that he is no longer with the company. Sent an email to support asking for our new rep info 4 weeks ago, no response. Just the generic "We have received your request. You will hear from us in 48 hours". We are going on 3 months now trying to get ownership of domain transferred. We have sent all requested documents multiple times. Horrible service. Always a different "Customer support" agent. They return the email from their generic support email. A new person responds and asks for some type of proof of ownership that has already been sent in. Send it to them again to only get a response from a completely different person asking for another document that was sent into one of the previous support agents.

Only time we hear from anyone is from their "collections" wanting paid for their 2020 yellow book service that is not even a product they will be offering. Have made multiple requests for proof of the purchase of that service. They say they will check into it. Never hear anything back, until a collections person calls wanting paid for the 2020 yellow book service. (Rinse and repeat.) One "Customer Support" agent told us that we are just 1 of a thousand of companies he deals within a day. We are now having to seek legal counsel to get control of domain. RUN!

Hibu response

1/29/19 Thank you Kameron for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your hibu advertising. We are pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Difficult to get hold of, Difficult to correct multiple spelling errors and links, NO LEADS IN 12 MONTHS AND OVER $3000 SPENT. And then they tried to tell us that we would not be done after our 12 months was up. LOL - What an absolute smoke and mirror BS company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, and MONEY. DO NOT DO IT!!!

Hibu response

1/7/19 We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Max. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

This company has been extremely difficult to deal with. With the actual printed directory books ending, we chose to put our marketing dollars to work with another company. Our contracts timed out on the printed ads, so just needed to cancel the online reputation management program that was on a month-by-month contract. I have now been trying for over a month to get this account canceled! After originally being told that the account would close out at the end of November, we received an invoice on Dec 1st for another month of this program. After contacting them again, I was told that the former representative was incorrect and I needed to submit an email request for cancellation. After submitting this request, I was told that I was not authorized to cancel this account as I was not the original signer on the contract. So then we submitted another email cancellation request from the original signer.

A week later there is an email confirming the request but now saying we have to call in to discuss the cancellation. I call in as requested and ask why after a over a month's time this account still isn't cancelled out?? No good answers from Hibu... Holidays are given as an excuse (which would be fine if we hadn't started this process way before Christmas and New Years). I'm told the cancellation is being processed and will only take a few more days. A FEW MORE DAYS - after a month. This is ridiculous. In the meantime, I have not been able to transfer this service to another provider because they have not released the account. I have had few complaints prior to this beyond questioning whether it was actually worth the investment, but they have been so difficult to work with through this latest process that I would never even consider working with them again down the road.

Resolution response: Jan. 4, 2019

I made a mistake this is the wrong company. I switched from Delmarva Now to Hibu and I am getting results right away. The Representative with Hibu and my Person running my ads are great and let me say I have gotten 6 or 7 calls that has resulted in 4 jobs. Sorry for the mistake

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Our company tried their social marketing products. Made all these claims about being a Facebook premier partner. The representative was great and easy to get a hold but the manager who was with him talked about the marines and how he was worked for Google and this was going to work for me but zero engagements and client from it.

12.28.2018

Good afternoon Richard,

We are sorry to hear that you have had a less than pleasant experience with us. We appreciate that you have shared your experience and look forward to working with you to address your concerns. A member of our Customer Care team will contact you shortly to offer assistance.

The Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I cannot even begin to explain how terrible of a company and how awful my company's experience has been with Hibu. When we working together they were displaying pictures one of our services with descriptions of other services we offer. When I called them out on it, it took WEEKS for them to fix it. I managed to get through the 6 months of our contract before canceling. However, the canceling process has been an absolutely nightmare. It took 4 calls just to get someone to agree to "start the process" and even longer to complete the process. This delay of course made them attempt to charge me for another month of service. They are a flat out bad company that offers terrible service with worse support.

Hibu response

Colin, I have attempted to reach you 3 times and each time I’ve left a voicemail. Please give me a call back at your earliest convenience. I’d love to discuss and resolve your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Easy to sign up for 12 month contracts over the phone but as a 1st year business & struggling to find customers for our service, they denied us a lesser month contract & kept telling us nothing they could do because it's standard policy & could not offer us any lower fees or months of service. Also we called them to "try" their "Review" service & again very easy for them to add it to our acct. & send us another contract for us to sign. Unfortunately, we did not read the fine print which was for another 12-mos. We were only interested in trying it for 3-months. Again, when asked to remove it, they said nothing they can do & we should have read the contract. I do NOT recommend anyone go with Hibu. I do recommend BrandRep as they will work with your budget & smaller contracts.

12.20.2018

Good afternoon Aprile,

We appreciate the time you took to express your concerns. Please know that all feedback is important to us. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to address your concerns.

Regards,

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My connection with Hibu continues to be exciting and extremely helpful. Everything I've requested has been done on time and to an excellent standard. All of my expectations have been exceeded. Even after the website went "live" Keena has been in touch regularly making suggestions and assisting every step of the way... Highly recommend HIBU to everyone!!

Hibu response

We are so pleased that your experiences with Hibu and Keena have been timely and excellent. We hope the website works well for your business.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

As an extremely busy business owner I was impressed with how easy and not very time consuming it was to get everything done with HIBU. They had a very well laid out format for me to fill out that was simple and not drawn out. Randy was very easy to work with and willing to work around my crazy schedule. Randy and his team even did most of the work which was nice. My company website turned out amazing and just like I wanted the first time. Unlike my previous experience with another company. The web ads have helped a ton too! He was spot on for what I was needing to spend and he knew that I had to stay on a budget also. No pushy sales here with this great company. Thanks Randy!! Thank you HIBU as well. You all have a great team.

Hibu response

We are glad that your website is "amazing", James and that it is providing you business. We appreciate your feedback on Randy and the team.

No response received
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I signed up for a 6 month contract with this company. Here to find out they literally did nothing for me, let alone charge me an extra $600 for 3 months of service that I didn't even sign up for. They have your account/routing number so they just automatically withdrawal money from your account. Total FRAUD!! I'm actually filing suit against them for my money back since they said they won't refund me. Do not use this company for anything.

Hibu response
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase.
12/5/18
Brandon, we have attempted to reach you several times without success and you have not responded to our emails. Please call us at 1 800 929 3556 to discuss your concern.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I came into a small business who was doing Yellowbook advertising with Hibu. They were already unhappy with the company due to a very bad experience with their digital marketing department. Following an 18 month review of their advertising endeavors, they had found that they were getting no business through yellow pages advertising and asked that I look into terminating all yellow pages advertising. After several attempts to call where I was required to leave voicemail which were not returned, I finally spoke with Susan, our Hibu customer service representative. I explained the situation at which point she told me we had a contract that could not be canceled for any reason. I told her I understood and that if Hibu was unwilling to work with us on the issue, then would it be possible to just pay off the contract and be done with it. She said that it would, and that there would also be a discount if we were to pay the account in full.

I agreed that is what we would do and asked her what that amount would be. She told me she would find out and get back to me. It took several more phone calls and voicemails before she finally sent an e-mail with the payoff amount. I did question the amount because it was quite a bit higher than the amount the current bill showed as due on the account, but when I tried to call her back to question it, she stopped returning my calls. Finally, after consultation with the owner of the company, we opted to pay the higher amount and close the account. I sent a check along with a copy of the e-mail I had received from Susan and a letter stating that it was payment in full and requesting a written confirmation that the account was closed.

I heard nothing from the company for a full month, other than for the dunning phone calls from collection stating that the account was in arrears. Finally, on 11/20/18 I received a certified letter in the mail. Upon opening it, I found the check I had sent and a form letter stating that the check was being returned because it was insufficient to pay the account off in full. There was an 800 number and a name on the letter so I called and spoke with a Janet **. When I explained that I had gotten the payoff balance from our customer service representative and had even provided a copy of the e-mail documenting the amount, Ms. ** stated that Susan didn't have the authority to provide payoff balances and that the check was insufficient to pay off the account. She further stated that she had taken it to her manager before she had sent the letter and he's authorized her to send it.

I didn't tell Ms. **, but there had been a figure noted on the letter I had received from her indicating a balance that was $237.76 higher than the $2,000+ dollars we had already sent them that they rejected. To verify the number, I asked her what the payoff amount on the account was. The figure she gave me this time was an additional $41.84 higher than the figure on the letter. No longer trusting much of anything I was being told, I asked her to guarantee that if I paid this amount we would owe them nothing else, at which time she stated that her phone was ringing and hung up on me. Repeated attempts to call her back resulted in either getting her voicemail, or the phone being answered and then immediately being forwarded to voicemail.

I did pay the last amount she provided via their automated payment system using the e-check option simply because if I didn't do so they would continue to tack late charges onto the account, but I am still trying to get through to Ms. ** manager to see if he can explain exactly what is happening and why an attempt to pay off an account and close it results in nothing but abominable customer service and escalating costs. Steer clear of this company.

Hibu response

Deborah, thank you for your time and energy in resolving this matter. I am glad we were able to find a fair and acceptable resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I've been trying to cancel an account for 9 months. The company no longer exists. I was willing to pay an early termination fee, they've been polite, but their records just won't update to acknowledge termination. I get weekly calls and emails. They just won't go away. I regret trying to work with them at all. I paid 5 months for online advertising of a company that doesn't exist.

This was not a scam where I closed a company and opened another. I was never an owner of the first company. That company was closed and its assets were sold to an established company. I gave HIBU my personal credit card information to cover the two month fee for early termination. They've been charging my card until I finally had to cancel it. It's safest to just never engage with them.

Hibu response

Thank you, Don, for your time today. I am glad we were able to find a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We currently have a print ad, SEM, SEO, and now just added Social Media Marketing with Hibu. Working with different advertising people has been my job for over 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never experienced the level of customer service that I receive from Hibu and our Hibu representative. I appreciate the fact that they make me feel like our business is important and that they truly are there to help us grow our business through their advertising assistance. I have never felt like they just want our money like I have with other companies. The longevity and history of the Yellowbook/Hibu name is also a comforting factor in knowing that the company is committed to serving their customers.

Hibu response

This is a great testimonial Camie! We appreciate your business and working with us.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

$386.50 was withdrawn from my bank account. I called to get information about this money being taken out. They told me that I signed a year contract and I could not cancel. I never signed a contract for this so called Hibu global. I was paying $114 a month for their Yellow book which I plan on canceling that in January 2019 because I am not getting results from Hibu. My customers come from word of mouth and from local advertising. A representative from Hibu told me that I cannot cancel anything.

What my question is how did they get this signed contract that I did not sign and why don't they allow you to cancel something you did not order! They told me that will investigate the situation and see what can be done. What I wanted to hear is, “Sir we will CANCEL it.” I want it canceled. Never in my life have I been in a contract that has no clause for cancellation or a cancellation fee. According to them, "You are basically stuck." I am stuck with a something I did not sign for and I did not request. Be careful.

Hibu response

Hello Pebbx, thank you for taking your time to work with me. I appreciate your participation in resolving the concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We have been doing our advertising business with Hibu for several years now and we have been very pleased. I would highly recommend them for all your advertising needs. We recently had a new representative assigned to us and he was very knowledgeable of our industry and needs. Great guy!

Hibu response

Thank you Teresa for sharing your experience with others. We are glad your new representative is supportive of your business.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

If there are any small or large business looking for a marketing firm PLEASE DO NOT HIRE HIBU. They do not keep their word, they lie to get you under contract and then let you know they no longer provide the services they sold. All of this while still keeping you in a contract paying for services they have discontinued. I was sold the reviews due to they advise this would be a central location for customers to leave reviews and they would then be distributed across Yelp, FB, Google, and website. I am now been told that this is not the case and it can only be copied and pasted well that is not even an option on Google. I was sold the Social program they have under the pretense of them posting on my FB up to 6 times a month.

Only after month two of asking why no post have been made to be told they no longer offer the service. We have received zero calls from our search or listing campaign and have still been stuck in a contract paying for services they either do not offer or refuse to uphold their end of the deal. I want to make sure no other small business get stuck in a contract paying for services that will not help their company. Please do not hire HIBU to handle your marketing go with a local company that you can meet someone face to face.

Hibu response

11/9/18 We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Tanna. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Breakfast cart - Stacy was great help. Managing Facebook and Google will be great help. New website is really easy to get around. Would highly recommend to anyone who does not have the time or experience to get around the computer. Makes my job much easier.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We are a family business and have been in business for over 30 years. The internet has become a must have for anyone and we had a very small hard to manage website before we found Hibu. The customer service and ease of use with the software is amazing! We are able to request a change or even do it ourselves with no problem. Hibu has been great for our business!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

This is the worst company I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer service. Asked repeatedly to have things done the way me the customer wanted, there was no response from sales rep or supervisors when asked to have them call. If you're a small business I run as fast as I can because they obviously don't care about the little guy. It's all about the $$$$ for this company. RUN AWAY!!

Hibu response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, John. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to speak with you regarding your concerns.

The Hibu Customer Care Team

11.12.2018

Good afternoon John,

We have made several attempts to reach you to discuss your concerns but have not yet received a response. If you would like to discuss this matter, please call us at 800.929.3556.

Thanks,

The Hibu Team

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

As a business owner you generally wear many different hats, however there comes a point where you need to start delegating things to others that are better than you in that specific area of expertise. Hibu did a great job of capturing the essence of my company into a well crafted website. Not only did they build the website exactly how I wanted, they also handled all of the back end tasks including SEO & Google AdWords. We recently experienced 2 record breaking months in our business & are continuing to stay busy. I'd highly recommend Hibu to anyone looking to step up their website & marketing.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We were contacted by a salesperson who approached us because she found out we were playing with Google AdWords, and she said that Hibu could do the job so much better because this is what they do all day long. We were told we would have our own person, and they would be able to do the job so much better. We tripled the amount we were doing and they destroyed all our organic search and got less from them than we were doing ourselves. We had communication issues with "our guy" including setting up phone consultations and then were never even contacted at that time that we set up. Within 3 months of our 6 month contract, we asked to be removed from contract due to the fact that they did not in any way give us what was offered, and we were told we could not be removed. We were allowed to pay the minimum amount, for the remainder of the two or three months, and they lessened what they did for us for those months.

Then they charged us again after our contract was over, and then said we had not told them to cancel in time. they insisted they could not do something for us unless we had proof of the cancellation. We asked to speak to someone above her, she said she could have someone call us back within 48 hours, but again without proof of cancellation, there would be nothing they would do. Before you use this company look at their rating on Yelp or other sites. Now we have credits we never used (from when we lowered our contract amount for the last few months) and that they said we can never get also.

Hibu response

10/29/18 We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Mark. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Kathy is a GREAT person first and foremost!!! She is VERY professional and courteous but the personal connection is important to a small startup like mine. I would HIGHLY recommend her in ANY facet of advertising!!!!! Her effortless rapport is AMAZING!!!

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback, Steve! We are excited that you've had a great experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Absolutely stay away from this company. They will lock you into a 12 month contract claiming to provide a nice website and digital marketing. The site they built for my company is filled with misspellings and inaccurate information, which they will not change. The name of my business isn't even spelled correctly! They stole competitors' advertising and used in on my social media platforms. In 11 months, there has not been a single return visitor to my website, which tells me that it is not making a good impression on potential customers. I have called and emailed them many times trying to cancel the contract, to no avail. This company and their sales reps are con artists. STAY AWAY!!!

Hibu response

Dustin, thank you for your time on resolving this concern. I am glad we were able to find a mutually agreed upon resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Very pleased with the work Done on my Company's behalf. Cannot thank Bree ** and Will ** enough for all of their help with my new Hibu business website!

Studying the new website's analytical data is very promising. Thanks for everything! Highly recommending HiBu!

Hibu response
Thank you for the great feedback. We are glad to hear things are going well and that you are excited about your new Hibu Website.

Customer Service Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We always have a great experience with Steve. He is very knowledgeable and listens to what we say. He is good at helping us resolve any issues we might have and makes excellent suggestions on how we can improve. We also have excellent help with making any changes with our website. The only problems we have is when we have to deal with the people in billing.

Hibu response

Cheri, we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. We aim to provide the best services for our customers and will use this to improve on our customer experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was debating about doing Pay Per Click myself on Google, but I decided to hire because it was more work than I wanted to do in my little bit of free time. I’m so glad I used Hibu. Their ads were fantastic and brought customers right to the page of my website they were searching on.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tamina is extremely helpful, I've been working with her for close to 2 years off and on. She's been always able to answer my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend her services to anyone seeking help for online marketing. Thanks Tamina. Your service is superb!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Hibu provides affordable and effective web marketing services. We're amazed by our new website activity, i.e. In 90-days, 751 visits, 1,522 page views, 84.9% new visitors and 15% return visitors. Display Ads yielded 24.9K impressions with 302 ad clicks. This information is obtained straight from my dashboard which I can view anytime and anywhere from any device with internet access. It's real and we are happy! I was a skeptic at first. Someone always claims that their widget is the best. Our rep Kevin Towne and his support team handles us with great care. Based on performance to date, I would recommend Hibu for businesses that utilize a website and the internet to market its products and services. Not a paid testimonial!

Hibu response

Austin, thank you for your comments about us and Kevin. We are pleased that your digital marketing is performing so well and are happy to be your partner in building your business.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My experience has been nothing but top notch. Excellent customer service, attention to detail and turnaround times. My response to the services has been excellent and well worth the investment. I look forward to seeing more great results. I am so grateful and appreciative of Ken ** and everything he has done to help my business. I would highly recommend Ken and Hibu to any business owner.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Hibu has helped me update my website and been very helpful along the way. They have been more involved than the company I worked with before and come and physically talk to me often. I am glad I made the switch to Hibu.

Hibu Company Information