Yellow Pages / Dex Media

4.4/5 (281 ratings)

About Thryv

Thryv, Inc. owns the easy-to-use Thryv end-to-end customer experience software built for small business that helps over 40,000 SaaS clients with the daily demands of running a business. With Thryv, they can get the job, manage the job and get credit. Thryv’s award-winning platform provides modernized business functions, allowing small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMB) to reach more customers, stay organized, get paid faster and generate reviews. These include building a digital customer database, automated marketing through email and text, updating business listings across the internet, scheduling online appointments, sending notifications and reminders, managing ratings and reviews, generating estimates and invoices and processing payments.

Pros

• All-in-one management
  • Digital tool integration
  • Easy payment acceptance

Cons

• No costs listed online
  • Short cancellation window

Bottom Line

Thryv is a business management tool that gives you a single platform to deal with finances, customer interactions, social media, calendar syncing and payment options. Your cost depends on your business.

Top Thryv Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Thryv was offered to us by our corporation as part of our franchise buy-in. Once we were set up in it, everything's right there for us to use. It's very easy. Everything's good an...

Verified

Thryv's service is extremely valuable. They've helped out my social media presence and probably net me a client or two extra a month. ... I love their customer service. They are q...

What is Thryv software?

Thryv is an all-in-one business management software program. It provides small business owners with a single platform to handle the essential aspects of running their businesses, such as staying organized, getting paid faster, reaching more customers and generating reviews.

Some of the features that Thryv offers include:

• Customer relationship management
  • Reputation management
  • Sale and payment acceptance
  • Scheduling and appointments
  • Document storage and sharing

This software helps business owners automate tasks, such as social media posting, while keeping focus on the customer, and it comes with 24/7 customer support and flexible training.

There are plans available for three users, eight users and unlimited users. Each plan has features to help you reach customers, get paid, stay organized and generate reviews, but more expensive plans have increased features. There are also add-ons available, including medical privacy security, search engine optimization and Thryv leads.

What does Thryv do?

Thryv helps you focus on customers. The software makes it easier for customers to find you, whether it’s through your social media or company reviews. It also encourages interactions between you and your customers by sending you notifications and reminders when they reach out. Customers can book online, and you can communicate through automated messages.

Thryv also lets you send cost estimates, invoices and receipts, and it can accept credit card payments at competitive rates. Thryv works with PayPal, Venmo, Square and Apple Pay, among other payment processors. It also integrates with QuickBooks and other bookkeeping software to help you keep track of your income and expenses in one place.

Finally, Thryv connects with various other online tools to help you handle every aspect of your business from one platform, including advanced scheduling of social media posts, automated marketing and secure document storage. Complementary tools include WordPress, Zoom, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Square and LinkedIn.

How much does Thryv cost?

Thryv doesn’t list prices online. It offers three separate plans, but the cost of each plan varies based on your needs. Thryv creates a custom proposal based on your business, taking into account its size and projected growth. Thryv has a six-month mandatory subscription term that automatically renews, and you save 5% by choosing semiannual payments.

Thryv offers potential customers a free demo that lets you see if the software works for you before committing.

Thryv FAQ

Is Thryv HIPAA compliant?
Thryv has a HIPAA-compliant add-on that secures your account per federal privacy guidelines.
Can you cancel Thryv?
You can cancel Thryv or its upgrades and add-ons within three days of purchase for a full refund. If you’re outside the cancellation period, you must submit a notice to terminate at least 30 days before the beginning of your next subscription.
What services are available on Thryv?
Thryv offers a variety of business services, including estimates, invoices, scheduling, online booking and automated communications.

Is Thryv worth it?

If you’re a small business owner, Thryv is often worth it. Having all the parts of your business localized on a single platform is convenient, and the software keeps you organized and up to date. It can also increase your online presence and draw customers to your business. However, not everyone appreciates the six-month term with auto-renewal or relatively narrow cancellation window. For most small business owners, though, having social media, appointment booking, bookkeeping and all other aspects of business management in one place is a major benefit.

Thryv Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: July 30, 2022

I've been with Thryv since they were cheaper and they provided a lot of extra services. But the main thing is how many calls I'm getting for people wanting me to come out and do a free estimate for them and then after, we’d get the job. It was doing okay though not as good as I was doing last year. It could be the economy or a number of things. Things have gotten very slow but it's not due to Thryv.

All I do is digital advertising and all of a sudden, I went to send a review to go on to Google to one of my customers through Thryv and they set things up for me so I could easily do it. The link is right there and it comes back saying, “Your Google account has been suspended.” It's a big ordeal and I'm trying to get it back. They suspended the account for a security reason. I was using my UPS box as my address, which they don't like. So, I immediately went on but I didn't know how to do it. It was all set up from the first advertising company that I had. I went in and I changed the address to my home address and just listed it so that customers can't see the address and did it that way. I had to fill out this form and send it to them. And they said it has been submitted. I had to try 10 times before it was submitted correctly, but it was submitted. And I've been waiting two weeks, and I'm still not on Google. I'm still suspended.

I have had some customers that have been able to get ahold of me. A lot of them, when they search in Dade County, they come up with my friend in Broward County who is the franchisee there. And as soon as they call him, he tells them to call me so, I've gotten a few there. But this time last year, I was booked four weeks out. And I'm only booked two weeks out. And most of the bookings I've got are from commercial customers that I've serviced in the past and references. It's not been very much from people searching. And that's the brunt of our business. Because once we do service for people, they don't need us for many years after that.

Thryv is coming on Monday, sending a videographer, which isn't costing me anything, to do some 60-second things to put on to YouTube and different kinds of social media. Nobody's ever offered anything like that before. They also had somebody go over my website. I told the old company who set up the website that I wanted to add a gallery and they said they would be glad to help me with that for $150 an hour. I told them to forget it and to just show me how to do it. But they never did. Thryv came in and said they would help me with that for free. And they've made some excellent changes. All Thryv has done is try to help me every step of the way.

I spoke to my franchisor and told them how much Thryv is giving me and what kind of service they're giving me at what price and that they've been doing everything very well. So, I even expressed on our quarterly conference call amongst the other franchisees that I found this new company if anybody's looking. I've been happy with Thryv so far. I just want my phone to be ringing a lot more.

Thryv response

Jeffrey, thank you for your business. We are always here to assist you if needed so just reach out. I can also be reached at thryvreplies@thryv.com. We appreciate you.

Rebecca B.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I love Thryv. There's a lot of good things about it and they're all so super nice. Joe, the rep, is fantastic, and the girls who we were setting up the website were just angels. They created a nice website and Facebook page for us, but none of our boys ever use the dashboard where you can put customers in. I couldn't get any of them to work it. It would be fantastic if there was a way for the guys to be able to digitally pull up contracts where the customers can sign and the guys could PDF it and shoot that contract via email.

The calendar in Thryv is lacking the ability to be able to put an address in there as well. What we do right now is we have a group thread and we send the addresses to each other. We have a schedule, "Okay. Tuesday we're in Ocala and we're going to this job." It's really brief and to the point. They're all three boys, and we need to be able to put the amount of the job and where it is. All the other information do not have to be in it.

We also paid for the SEO package, and I didn't notice a big difference for the first few months. Our phones barely ever rang. They told me that it takes a while for it to happen, but financially, we just couldn't keep affording that. We did it for six months. I talked to Joe, and he did something. Our phones are definitely not ringing off the hook, but they started ringing a little better in the last five weeks. Overall, Thryv has done a great job and I would definitely recommend them.

Thryv response

Hi Kim. Thank you for letting us know that our representatives have been helpful. That is our number one priority at Thryv. Providing a great client experience is very important to us. We appreciate your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I've been using Thryv for three months now, and I love the website. It's one of the best websites I've ever had or seen, and it's pretty productive, results wise. They do a good job with the social media posting too. It's good quality posts. Back in April though, I paid for the advertising package and the result from it was horrible. I do way better by myself. I'm getting at least 50 to 100+ a day, while they got me 59 activity in a whole month. I'm not impressed at all, especially with what they were charging. Back then, it was $2,000.

The paid advertising service is the only thing I don't like, and it's the most expensive thing. I would never recommend anybody for that. I've been paying for Google ads now for over a year, and my phone rings at least 20 calls a day. Out of that, I convert at least 5 to 10, which is good for my business. The way Thryv was going at 59 in a month, I can't do nothing with that. That's not translating to anything. However, thryv does great in other aspects, and I recommend for the stuff that I love, like the website service and social media posts. The $349 a month is worth it.

Thryv offered me a deal and I'm somewhat stuck in there for another three months. It's either that or I was gonna just have somebody recreate the website then go somewhere else. I committed to the six months, but in the past, I wouldn't really care. I would just switch to a different company, regardless. Right now, I'm willing to give it another shot. I'm not that optimistic, but I'm really curious to see if the results will change if I continue. I'm hoping that the results change for me to want to continue the service.

Thryv response

Hi Otis. It's great to hear that your website is working for you and that we're doing a good job for you on social. We thank you for your business and appreciate you.

Rebecca B.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I’m doing the professional package with Thryv. So that's the website building and the social media. They set my appointment and also, my guinea pig for the Shopify. Thryv has given us more credibility because we didn't have a website before. With the Thryv app, I've got thousands of customers in my Square, and they integrate with Square. When I integrated my customers into Thryv, it created them as new customers. It didn’t hold on to the metadata from the sale, and basically creates them as a new customer.

My representative thought it would be a good idea and recommended that every new customer that we get, we're going to ask them to write a Google review for us. So I asked all my previous customers to write a Google review but because my business wasn't set up on Google, anybody that got that email, even if they wanted to leave a review, the link was broken. That was a big disappointment. All Thryv did was give me a credit for a month and a half. I was still quite unhappy. The issue wasn't resolved. It's still an ongoing thing.

The customer comes in as a Square receipt number. So you don't have an email or a text from them, or you don't get the customer's information at the time of the sale. When you want to send them an email, or if you wanted to reach out to them, there is some data in there. If you look through Square, you can actually get the data, but it doesn't tag on to that when you bring them into Thryv. But there is a way. If you go through and click on the sale, and then click into the sale, and then click another part of the transaction, it does have some data there that can be used. So I asked the initial lady that was setting me up before I graduated to the next part, and then she said, “Oh, no, you can't get that information.” So told her, “Well, just delete all those receipt numbers. What’s the point of me having them? I can’t do anything with those customers.” So then she deleted them all.

Five months later, I was speaking to a guy on customer service, and we went through the issue again. We found out that you can actually get the information. It just doesn't appear on Thryv or on the front end. You have to click in through the Square, through the transaction, and then there is some contact information there that didn't get dragged over. I’m happy that we found that out, but now, I’m a bit messed up that I’ve lost all that information on Thryv.

If I use the same CSV file, and I drag it over into Thryv, is it gonna duplicate all the customers that were already there? Is it gonna flag them up? He understood my concern and he worked on it whilst he was at home. He had people helping him as well. They basically cleansed the entire thing. They took all the duplicates out and replaced them. So that was a really great service. He saved Thryv from me complaining again. He completely overserviced me. That was an outstanding way to handle that particular situation.

Louis,

It sounds like Thry is working for you and it's great we are assisting you with gaining credibility with your website. Good luck with Shopify and keep us posted on how that is going. We appreciate your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I got two different accounts with Thryv. The one for my training site locally does a good job for me. I’m happy with the way that it’s been able to help the training business that I've got going on. For Protection Dog Sales, my other website, we had a major mess up. It cost me quite a bit of money. It’s not for a small business that sells nationwide, it's more for a small business that sells locally, so it hasn't worked. I had some major issues with SEO stuff that they're supposed to take care of. At one time, my website could not be found organically because they had actually linked the two websites together. Google said, “You can't do that. You’re double dipping.” They basically shut them down being able to be found organically. That took us a long time to figure out that that's what happened.

Thryv had a problem with their Yext also trying to list the two businesses together all the time, even though they're two completely separate businesses. And still, they kept trying to link them together for some reason. But other than that, the service rep that I have has been phenomenal. Even when all this was going on with the one website, she was in there trying to figure it out and get things fixed and done. She wants everybody to be successful, which is awesome.

There's so much that you have to learn as a small business owner about if you're going to try and do your own websites, or your own publications, your own social media. That stuff takes time and effort. The good thing is that Thryv helps with that stuff, and it helps with your listings. Like my training site, because of them adding Yext, Yext puts all my stuff the right way on 70 different search engines and that's huge. As a small business owner, I had no concept that I had to do it. I thought that since I got Google, Bing, and Yahoo, I’m covered.

Tools are easy to use on the website. You can go in there and do a lot of cool stuff with it. The platform’s basic. It does not have a lot of bells and whistles to it, but it works. The other good thing is they actually do the website for you, then all you got to do is just go in there and do some tweaking. They’ll get you set up, it takes about two weeks, and they have you up and running. They take all your feedback and they meet with you.

Tommy,

It's good to hear that Thryv is helping you with your training business. Also, glad to know we have fixed any issues you might have had in the beginning. We appreciate your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Thryv covers a lot of bases for me that other companies were not doing. Most platforms, particularly from a therapeutic or wellness standpoint, give you a portal and a place to store your client information. I needed more than that. I needed a gorgeous website. I needed something that felt like me, not everyone else. I needed someone to do social media. There still is a lot lacking in the social media area but the fact that I don't have to do any of it saves me a lot of headache. I tell people that Thryv is the Lamborghini of web hosts. But here's the thing about owning a Lamborghini. Do you need a Lamborghini? Are you gonna enjoy the Lamborghini? Do you know how to drive the Lamborghini? For me, I don't completely know how to drive the Lamborghini, but I'm learning. I definitely need more than a Civic.

Overall, I'm very happy. However, there are a few gaps. Different people are in charge of different things and their caseload gets handed to someone else. If you have three different contacts within Thryv handling different things then any one of those contacts hands their case, you, to someone else, that's a fourth person you've met. Then another department’s doing the same thing. I'm not sure who's in charge of what because at this point, it's very confusing. Also, I get a lot of phone calls around Thryv, like how is ThryvPay, how is Thryv this, how is Thryv that. I'm getting more calls from Thryv than potential clients.

Dana,

Thank you for choosing Thryv. It sounds like it is helping you with your business, just maybe a little confusing on who does what. If I can assist in any way, please reach out to me at thryvreplies@thryv.com. We want to make sure you are using the software and understand all of it's potential. We appreciate your business and want to make sure you stick with us.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

We're a mom-and-pop store. The rep I work with at Thryv handles all websites, social media, and marketing. She schedules when the articles come out on Facebook and/or our website, so it helps me out so I don't have to do it. We get together on a monthly basis and our fall sale is happening now and she's already scheduled it to go on our website and social media outlets. I email customer support if I have questions or concerns and it's very easy. If the rep doesn't handle that department, then she's got a whole team that will, but then she always gets back with me.

Thryv response

Hi Dana, it sounds like Thryv is really working for you and your business. We are always just an email or call away if you need us. Thank you for your business, we appreciate you.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Thryv is a really good service. It helps to have an order, the information of the customer, the invoices and the payment. They are awesome. They take care of me very well. They answer all my questions and they showed me how to use all the features.

Thryv response

Hi Ignacio. Thank you for your response. It sounds like Thryv is helping you and your business. We are always here if you have questions. Thank you so much for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Thryv's services has been really great. They have put everything together on one platform. That was kind of the issue we were having. We had five different things to handle stuff, and we're using one thing now to handle the things that we need to do. So, it's been great. We do the billing through Thryv. We also use it for communication, through text message or email. We also use it to send documents to our customers. Thryv also hosts our website.

Thryv response

Jonathan, it is so good to hear that Thryv has been great and it's helping you run your business. It sounds like it all being on one platform is really helping you and that is terrific. We appreciate you and your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The main thing that I care about on Thryv is the social media posts and having the website rebuilt, which still needs to finish, but it looks fantastic. We have our management system. When people go to the website, I get some leads for new policies, and that's what I use it for, being able to chat back and forth. A lot of people have sent me contacts asking if they can write a blog for our website to be posted on our website. But I've never gotten an article. Right now, we're doing marketing sweepstakes. Charlie was in our office and they added a button on there so that way when people do the sweepstakes, we get their contact information through the Thryv portal by the button on the website. So that's been helpful, too.

Their customer service has been great. Charlie will come to the office anytime we need. She's offered to come in and train us but we just don't have the time. The girl that did the website was also fabulous. She was amazing to work with. We had one guy train me on the Thryv dashboard, but then he left and then they assigned another person to us. When she went to train me, she didn't know what the guy had already told me, so she just started over and I learned the same thing twice. There's also always someone to talk to and they are willing to do as many video chats and training as needed.

Tresa,

It's great to hear that your website is looking fantastic. It sounds like Thryv is helping you and your business. This is great news. We thank you for your partnership and business.

Thryv Company Information