toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Dex Media

Hi Nicole - We're happy to hear how satisfied you are with our services. We are here for you, and will continue to help you reach your goals when it comes to marketing your business. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

We were looking for somebody who can help us with our website because we're not computer savvy. We needed somebody to help create it and work it for us. We went to Dex Media for their services and their customer service have always been friendly, courteous and very helpful. Dex Media has added a lot of value to our company. They've set up a website with photos, schedules and pricing and they did the layout as well. There are a lot of people that use websites to search for studios. Setting up a website is obviously working for us.

I have been advertising with Dex Media for many years, & the number of phone calls I have been getting from advertising with them has been fewer & fewer. So I decided when my sales rep called me in Jan to not advertise with them & told the rep so. He told me I was getting all these calls & I told him to send me all the phone #'s so I could look at them. I have a tracking phone #. This was in Jan. Never heard back from him for weeks & then he called me again to renew & I told him to send me those phone #'s, which he did that day. I looked at them & they were all out of state #'s, which told me they were telemarketers. I have always been called every year by someone at Dex Media to renew & they go thru a process of making sure I want to renew for another year & they also send me a copy of my ad to change or keep as is.

I never got that phone call or that copy of ad. So I thought the sales rep. gave up on getting my renewal. Then I got a billing from them. I called them right away & they told me that the one year contract was automatically renewed. I asked why the sales rep never got back to me to talk about renewal or why I didn't get copy of ad to approve. He told me he didn't know. I sure Dex Media thought I wasn't going to renew & didn't contact me anymore because of this automatic renewal. I also had him listen to conversation between me & sales rep & he agreed that I had told rep. I wasn't going to renew. The catch was that I didn't say the word cancel. What a corrupt company. They don't call or write & that way they got you for one more year, you're automatically renewed!

The company was already with Dex Media prior to me working there. When we first started out they were just in the books and then Dex grew into online marketing so then we put a lot more presence in our online marketing campaign and it's been pretty valuable to our company. It's a good way to put our business out there any way we can. My overall experience with the customer service is really good too. I really like my reps for both the online and the books. They're always pretty responsive whenever I have any questions.

Signed up with Marcia ** with DEX Media in November 2016... After signing up and paying for services my campaign manager set up a time to meet to discuss my campaign and go over a plan and reports, she missed the meeting. No call no show, and didn't call for days and days. Finally made a call when I was with a customer so I missed it. Called right back, left a message and never returned my call, I sent an email asking for my reports and to make changes to my campaign and no callback. It's now May 2017 and I haven't heard from a campaign manager, or received any month reports.

I have no clue what DEX Media has done for me besides take my money and run. I have reached out to my sales rep. and management and they basically said, "Too bad you signed a contract..." This company is a straight scam, I will be pursuing legal action and have made a report with the BBB and Attorney General's office. Potential customers of DEX Media beware. They are a straight corrupt scammer company. Attorney General responded that this could be a class action lawsuit with all the complaints coming in... Be very aware!

Dex Media

Good morning Dr. Burger - I can't extend my apologies enough for the matter outlined. We take great pride in customer service and it appears as though the ball was clearly dropped in this case. This is definitely not the type of experience we want any of our valued client's to have. Expect a call back from us as we will be reaching out to you in an effort to address this matter at length, with hopes of winning back your trust and confidence in us. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I tried repeatedly to get a hold of my contact person Elijah at Dex Media since January of this year (today is May 15). I left messages that my address was changing for my business. I made note of at least 9 phone messages I left him. Having been in business for 30 years I have never had this kind of trouble getting a listing updated. I finally got a hold of him today and he lied about the dates that the books were being printed. Said the one I could still change if I got back to him within the next day or two. He transfers me to Dave in customer care, and stays on the line as well. Tells Dave I only tried to call him 3x (?) After asking questions I find out that both of my listings (2 books) were already out. One started April 1st and the other May 1st - ending April 30 2018.

So now I have 2 listings that I am expected to pay for that have my incorrect old address on them for the next year, and the attitude from both of them seemed like "oh well, the contract says..." Too bad for me. Elijah should have made sure that he connected with me over the last few months. Especially when I had repeatedly said when leaving messages that it was important as there were changes I needed to make. I can't tell you how frustrated I am at this moment. Dave contradicted what Elijah told me about the contract dates etc. and it appears that Dave is correct. Too late to change either one. Elijah had also told when I asked that I did have an online listing... While Dave says I do not. I will make another call tomorrow to talk to a third person. It does appear that we missed the deadline for those books. Terrible customer service.

Dex Media bought the Yellow Page Book that was pre-existing. It was a merger so we followed into that. The customer service has been very good and their services have been pretty valuable to our company. They do our custom website and get our keywords in the search engines. The web presence certainly helped and the way it's been run is very good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dex Media?

We've been a customer of Dex Media for over 20 years and we have a little of everything. The experience has been great and they've been pretty valuable to our company.

I was looking for growth and more advertising and Dex Media created me a website, search engine marketing and optimization. Julia was my campaign manager and she did a fantastic job. I've dealt with her for almost a year now. They've been good. They've done everything I asked and answered any questions that I had and they were pretty timely on everything. There has been more hits and growth. I actually increased our budget two months ago and things just have taken off since then. They have been very valuable to the company.

I have a small company and I've been using the online and the regular ads at Dex Media. The customer service has been fine. They are always helpful and able to fix issues. My experience with Dex Media has all been good.

Our company reached out to Dex Media for advertising and marketing to try to get our website up to date on things of that nature. They're very responsive whenever I had an issue or a thing crop up. They've been great and experience has all been positive.

Good afternoon, Mike -

Please accept my apologies for the issues outlined and the lack of follow up during your attempts to reach out to us. We certainly hate to lose you as a valued Dex client, but your decision is respected, and we hope you consider joining forces with us in the future.

Somer, on our Client Care Team advised me that she was able to address all concerns and honor the requests that you relayed to her. We're happy to know that Somer resolved this matter to your satisfaction.

Thank you for allowing us to assist you! - Ed

Original review: May 2, 2017

Contacted Dex Media to cancel my services. Was passed from my account rep who played the "Whenever you need anything, I'm here" routine when I was signing up, but quickly passed me onto someone else when I wanted to cancel. That individual's name is Megan, pretty useless on all accounts. Asked to cancel my contract and she said they had to "move accounts", which I did prior to this with removing any attachment they had with my domain, hosting, Facebook, etc. Contacted them three days in a row asking for a cancellation notice and receipt and it has yet to be provided, but surely they are just holding out to charge me again. Will be regularly posting where-ever, when-ever I can about this company until not only is my account cancelled but my payments are refunded in full.

Our current website was not up to par and we needed someone to handle our marketing. We're tired of going to multiple different places so we went with Dex Media and started with them a couple of years ago. Dex Media does our website support, the Search Engine Optimization, and Adwords. Also, we're now getting into using the Dex hub because our website went live last week. Their services have been very valuable to us. We've made a couple of changes and we've already seen a noticeable difference in the past couple of weeks from when we met with our sales marketing representative.

Their customer service has been very courteous and helpful. But one thing that is a very big negative for us is the change in campaign managers and we've had so many, which is a little bit ridiculous to us. We've just got another one last week. We have to explain things over and over again to different people and it seems they're gone after two weeks. Other than that, Dex Media has been perfectly fine.

We did the website with Dex Media and we've had a lot of positive feedback with customers being able to just email us from the website to our email and get service that way. I use Dex Media to keep the website current because I wouldn’t know how to do that to save my life. Every now and then they email me and ask for updated pictures or things and if I have anything I send it to them and they handle it from there. I like that they're able to do that for us and I don't have to worry about it.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, Brian - We never want to hear that any of our client's encountered these types of obstacles. Any billing issue or discrepancy should always be addressed with the utmost urgency. Expect a call from our escalations team as they will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter. Thanks, Ed!

Original review: April 24, 2017

I had been dealing with Verizon, then "Superpages" then Dex Media for over 10 years. Once it became Dex Media, I had real issues with the sales people but I always get everything in writing so I was always able to get things resolved. I sold my business at the end of 2015. I contacted my "rep" from Dex Media no less than 6 times. I got no responses. I contacted his boss and got a response. My rep then sent me an email asking how he could help, and then never replied to my response. I sent a letter with my bill saying I wanted to close my account. I put on a payment check "close all accounts" with the account numbers. I went to the website and filled out the customer service request forms saying that I want to close all accounts (I have a recording of this).

All of this was done prior to Jan 31st 2016. I continued to pay out my bill until May (when my previous advertising ended). They automatically renewed the account with a new (and different) advertising contract. Mind you when I logged onto their website all of the information had been updated to the new owner's name. And he had signed up for new advertising at a new address for which he is being billed. It is now April of 2017 (16 months after I cancelled). They are still trying to bill me, and are STILL RUNNING ONLINE ADS at the old business address. Hope they enjoy wasting ad space because they are never getting paid for those ads. I'm almost hoping they put me into collections so I can sue them. I have all of the saved emails, letters and recordings of cancellation. I have cancelled in writing and on the phone multiple times way before it was supposed to renew.

Dex Media hosts our website and I have three people that I'm in direct contact with: one is a campaign manager, one is in the development team and the other is their boss. They are extremely helpful and polite. But there’s always room for improvement. For example, when it comes to the developers or the web hosting, there's always issues with that and some issues take longer than others. But I can reach their personnel immediately. They're great, they're attentive and they work on it on the spot.

Dex Media

Good morning, Jose - I'm sorry to hear of this situation. You can be assured that we will look into this matter and promptly reach out to you in an effort to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Mr. Steve ** came into my office and made a few promises. Best, Service and quality. To begin with, we were charged $199 from our account and the website has not even been completed. Mr. ** called back and said, "I got you a 1 time deal. We will credit you back this month." Then I asked, "What do you mean one month?" After the third time that I asked he said, "We need to charge you regardless if the website is complete or not." He promised not charges till the website was Launched. That is totally wrong. In my book that is STEALING $$$. They CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

Dex Media

Hi Beth - I hate to know of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding the performance of your account and cancellation. We hate to lose any client, especially as a result of dissatisfaction. We'll be reaching out to you regarding all concerns related to this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: April 18, 2017

After receiving another phone call from the accounting agency that handles Dex Media, I am about to call their headquarters to file an official dispute, as they are STILL charging us after they finally accepting our cancellation letter back in August 2016. It's now April 2017 and they want over $3,000! We never even actually used their services, as they were overpriced and the results were not satisfying. Highly disappointing.

We haven't been getting a lot of clients. We'd like to get more so Dex Media is working on it. They're very helpful in making sure that we try to target our goals. They call once a month and it's always good that they give me updates. We were getting a lot of weird phone calls last week but I told Zach about it, who's on top of our account. He said he was gonna look into it.

We've used Dex Media before. They do all our web stuff and advertising so they've been very valuable. Their customer service is very responsive and everything's been good.

Dex Media

Good morning, Mike - It makes us extremely happy to know that we're getting it right! Thank you for being a long-time client and for providing your feedback!

Original review: April 14, 2017

It's always been a very good experience with Dex Media. I've never had a problem. I always felt like the service was excellent. And the people I've dealt with have done everything possible to represent us the best they could and I've been pleased with it overall. I've been with Dex for a very long time but on the SuperClicks the last couple of years. Dex Media has taken every suggestion I've made and they've made some. As far as the results go, it seems like we get our share of first time callers and they're finding us. I think we're staying right up on top for the organic page. I've been giving them all the credit for that.

Dex Media

Hi Daniel, I'm happy to know that we're helping to make your business a success! Thank you for allowing Dex to be your marketing team and your feedback is greatly appreciated! - Ed

Original review: April 13, 2017

I'm satisfied with how Dex Media works and operates. They're very confident to what we need them to do. For our marketing purposes, it serves the purpose that we need it and we've noticed that we got business through their efforts.

Dex Media

Amy - This is awesome feedback! Thank you so much for choosing Dex for all your marketing needs!

Original review: April 12, 2017

We're a small company looking to grow. I wasn’t aware of Dex Media at the time but my neighbor is a sales rep for them so we were talking one day and she knew I had started a company and told me what they had to offer. So far, everything’s been good with Dex Media and I’ve recommended them.

We've been with Dex Media a long time. I'm okay with them, and we signed up again. The customer service reps are polite. But it's more beneficial for me to use and look up some of the service online because I can get more of an overall view this way.

Dex Media

Diane - Thank you so much for allowing us to be there for your business! Your feedback is greatly appreciated! - Ed

Original review: April 6, 2017

Dex Media's service has been valuable to our company. I've talked to their customer service once or twice and they were helpful.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, David - We're extremely happy to know that our efforts have worked to help your business be even more successful. If you need anything at all, just let us know! Thank you for allowing us to work for you! - Ed

Original review: April 4, 2017

We are a very busy company. We are small and we all wear many hats. To say we have the time to sit and post on Facebook and update our website constantly is unrealistic. Having Dex Media to step in and act as an extension of our company here at QSM is exactly what we need. I find their communication and professionalism on point and a pleasure to deal with. When I say, I don't have the time, they get it and they take care of it. In addition the website they designed paired up with the resources they use to move us up on the search engine lists has brought in almost more new business than we can handle. Well worth every dollar spent and couldn't be happier with their service.

Dex Media

Hi Gennadi - I am sorry to hear you’re having a negative experience regarding your account. Jason, on our client care team informed me he’s been in contact with you in response to your Consumer Affairs review. Jason also stated he listened to the audio recording for the renewal in question and discussed his findings with you in detail. We appreciate your feedback, Ed.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Promise of sweet services turn into bitter punishment with DEX. I started working with DEX in April 2014 and gave them a chance to prove that they can bring more business to my small company or at least they can bring business leads. I diligently paid every month for one full year. When in March 2015 my DEX rep Alex call me and said that "regretfully" my monthly bill will increase. I informed him that I want to cancel DEX contract because it did no good to my business. I said that I may consider staying with DEX only on both of two conditions: 1). I will be allowed to have "month-to-month" contract and free to cancel any time if I decide so. And 2). I have to see that my paying to DEX for online advertising produces some result, phone calls from potential clients, leads.

Two days later Alex said that both conditions were approved by his management. I gave him verbal agreement to continue services. New monthly bills indeed remained at the same rate as during previous year. But when I received new printed copy of agreement in a mail I saw that it is again a 12-months binding agreement. I immediately call Alex, but now he was unavailable. During next month or two I left him numerous voicemail, informing that I am stopping my payments to DEX and cancelling my agreement. Not one of these calls was returned. But I kept receiving bills for service.

When I call Client Care line they said that now it was too late and new agreement is in power and I have to keep paying. I refused and asked to make Alex call me and explain how and why he lied to me and got me into this mess. He never did. Now DEX wants $1059 and demands that payment through collection agencies, threatens to damage my business credit standing. I am considering taking this business to court as a counter measure. They harass me and my business through their dishonesty. I will return the favor. Do not like that, but see no other way to deal with bad businesses like DEX.

Dex Media

Hello Ronnie - I hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account performance. Our goal is to work for you and your business, so we are always available for our clients to determine what needs to be tweaked to gain optimum performance. Our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working toward a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have no computer skills and my reading is extremely limited. Dex Media rep, Jessica, explained to me that Dex Media would help me, a small one man company get started and send me lots of leads/customers. She convinced me that pay per click was the best way to go so I believed her. $3600 later I'm broke and I ask to drop my account down to something more affordable as I'm only getting 1 to 2 calls a day if I'm lucky. So she "paused" my account meaning everything would be shut down but yet still take $600 monthly from my account for no services!!! This was not explained to me before everything was shut down.

How can someone, Dex Media, coerce a person with hardly any reading skills and no computer skills into a binding contract? My wife is writing this for me the way. I have called to speak to the rep and was informed that I can't cancel the contract nor can they provide any services for the $600.00 they are currently taking from my bank account while the account is paused. What kind of company does this to someone who is clueless about the internet and how it works! I'm broke and I need to cancel this contract.

Dex Media

Hello Joyce - Thank you for allowing Dex Media to continue handling your marketing needs. If you ever need assistance or just want to discuss your account, please let us know, for prompt follow-up! - Ed

Original review: April 3, 2017

Dex Media's service was in place before I got here in our company. Although there's room for improvement, their service has been okay and we continue doing it.

Dex Media

Hi Renee - Thank you for allowing us to handle your print advertising. Also, thank you for renewing as we look forward to many more years of doing business with your company!

Original review: April 2, 2017

We use Dex Media only for Yellow Pages because we have a digital media manager that does everything for the web for us. But our experience using Dex has been fine. We just renewed and we'd continue to use them.

Dex Media

Hi Kevin - I'm sorry to hear of any confusion surrounding your account and would love to assist with follow up to ensure this matter is address appropriately. Our Client Care team will be contacting you in an effort to address all concerns, with hopes of working to resolve. - Ed

Original review: March 30, 2017

Since 1986 we have been advertising in print and more recently online with Verizon now Dex Media. 30 years, always paid the bill. I was coached into agreeing verbally to a contract for internet advertising. Had I realized what I was agreeing to, I would not have given consent. I called Dex resolution, spoke with Kevin. We listened while they played the voice tape. I was told that this was a binding contract and could not be changed. I am in the process of reviewing my rights under Connecticut Consumer Law. They have made a very unhappy customer of me. I feel as though the verbal contract is a way to increase billing and hide the details. Very sneaky.

Dex Media

Hi Shelly - Thank you for allowing us to be your marketing company and we certainly value your business. If you'd like me to have a rep reach out to you to discuss your account performance and any other concerns, please let me know. - Ed

Original review: March 30, 2017

Dex Media's customer service representatives are friendly. They call me and go to my account every so often. They are advertising my businesses in the yellow pages and I also have an online ad. However, I don't see a lot of results. I haven't had a lot of people telling me they're calling because of the ads.

Dex Media Company Profile