Yellow Pages / Dex Media

4.4/5 (253 ratings)

About Thryv

Thryv, Inc. owns the easy-to-use Thryv end-to-end customer experience software built for small business that helps over 40,000 SaaS clients with the daily demands of running a business. With Thryv, they can get the job, manage the job and get credit. Thryv’s award-winning platform provides modernized business functions, allowing small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMB) to reach more customers, stay organized, get paid faster and generate reviews. These include building a digital customer database, automated marketing through email and text, updating business listings across the internet, scheduling online appointments, sending notifications and reminders, managing ratings and reviews, generating estimates and invoices and processing payments.

Pros

• All-in-one management
  • Digital tool integration
  • Easy payment acceptance

Cons

• No costs listed online
  • Short cancellation window

Bottom Line

Thryv is a business management tool that gives you a single platform to deal with finances, customer interactions, social media, calendar syncing and payment options. Your cost depends on your business.

Top Thryv Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Verified

Thryv was offered to us by our corporation as part of our franchise buy-in. Once we were set up in it, everything's right there for us to use. It's very easy. Everything's good an...

Verified

Thryv's service is extremely valuable. They've helped out my social media presence and probably net me a client or two extra a month. ... I love their customer service. They are q...

What is Thryv software?

Thryv is an all-in-one business management software program. It provides small business owners with a single platform to handle the essential aspects of running their businesses, such as staying organized, getting paid faster, reaching more customers and generating reviews.

Some of the features that Thryv offers include:

• Customer relationship management
  • Reputation management
  • Sale and payment acceptance
  • Scheduling and appointments
  • Document storage and sharing

This software helps business owners automate tasks, such as social media posting, while keeping focus on the customer, and it comes with 24/7 customer support and flexible training.

There are plans available for three users, eight users and unlimited users. Each plan has features to help you reach customers, get paid, stay organized and generate reviews, but more expensive plans have increased features. There are also add-ons available, including medical privacy security, search engine optimization and Thryv leads.

What does Thryv do?

Thryv helps you focus on customers. The software makes it easier for customers to find you, whether it’s through your social media or company reviews. It also encourages interactions between you and your customers by sending you notifications and reminders when they reach out. Customers can book online, and you can communicate through automated messages.

Thryv also lets you send cost estimates, invoices and receipts, and it can accept credit card payments at competitive rates. Thryv works with PayPal, Venmo, Square and Apple Pay, among other payment processors. It also integrates with QuickBooks and other bookkeeping software to help you keep track of your income and expenses in one place.

Finally, Thryv connects with various other online tools to help you handle every aspect of your business from one platform, including advanced scheduling of social media posts, automated marketing and secure document storage. Complementary tools include WordPress, Zoom, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Square and LinkedIn.

How much does Thryv cost?

Thryv doesn’t list prices online. It offers three separate plans, but the cost of each plan varies based on your needs. Thryv creates a custom proposal based on your business, taking into account its size and projected growth. Thryv has a six-month mandatory subscription term that automatically renews, and you save 5% by choosing semiannual payments.

Thryv offers potential customers a free demo that lets you see if the software works for you before committing.

Thryv FAQ

Is Thryv HIPAA compliant?
Thryv has a HIPAA-compliant add-on that secures your account per federal privacy guidelines.
Can you cancel Thryv?
You can cancel Thryv or its upgrades and add-ons within three days of purchase for a full refund. If you’re outside the cancellation period, you must submit a notice to terminate at least 30 days before the beginning of your next subscription.
What services are available on Thryv?
Thryv offers a variety of business services, including estimates, invoices, scheduling, online booking and automated communications.

Is Thryv worth it?

If you’re a small business owner, Thryv is often worth it. Having all the parts of your business localized on a single platform is convenient, and the software keeps you organized and up to date. It can also increase your online presence and draw customers to your business. However, not everyone appreciates the six-month term with auto-renewal or relatively narrow cancellation window. For most small business owners, though, having social media, appointment booking, bookkeeping and all other aspects of business management in one place is a major benefit.

Thryv Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

We are utilizing the website and booking through Thryv. It's been good for the booking aspect, for sure. But I had an issue with the ThryvPay, which was really inconvenient. Because it came out of the left field and I wasn't made aware of it. My customers were the ones who told me about it. It just stopped taking payments all over. Initially, they said that they decided I was not a good candidate. So we had to go back and forth for quite some time. My business is a seasonal business. It was right at the height of my season. I didn't have a whole lot of time to go through it with them. I just started using a different thing to accept payment.

Nobody knew what was going on. Everyone that I spoke to said there was nothing that was in my account to say, "This is why it happened.” When they looked into my account, they were told that it was because my account was deemed high-risk. And no one could figure out why I was high risk. Because all I do is collect payments for a service, which is non-refundable.

A handful of times, I was told that it was rectified but it wasn't. Eventually, we finally got it updated. According to who we finally got in touch with that could figure it out, they said, "We can't have payments and donations, so you have to take the donation portion off of your website." I said, "Okay. If I had known this, it was an easy fix.”

We had to take the stuff off, and then they had to submit it for review and it was during my busy season. I said, "Do whatever you need to do to my pay. Take off whatever you need to take off.” But I was still using Square. I don't even know when it was that I went back to ThryvPay. 'Cause I was afraid to use Thryv because I didn't want my customers going on there and not be able to make payments. But they have great customer service. They were very helpful and eager to make themselves better.

Thryv response

Hi Emily. I'm going to have someone reach out to you about the Thryv Pay. Not sure what happened or if things are fixed for you but we want to me 100% sure you are up and running with the software. We appreciate your business and it sounds like Thryv is working for you.

Rebecca B.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Everybody with Thryv has been wonderful. They did a really good job of explaining what Thryv could do for me and what its advantages were. The lady who did the training after I signed up did a very nice job with that. I really thought she made it a point to make sure that I understood what I was supposed to be doing, how we're supposed to work, how I could get my questions answered and how to access the online help. I've been very happy, not only with their team, but with their service as well. Thryv has made it much easier for me to do the job that I want to do.

One of the biggest things I needed was a website that was more easily usable by potential customers, and that is definitely what I got. The way that I'm doing my ads is I want people to go to the website, then there are links on there, "Schedule an appointment. To get more information, call me." The website works very nicely and exactly the way it's supposed to. The customers go into the website, schedule an appointment, then I get an immediate email saying, "You have a requested appointment. Please respond and confirm." I go in, and within minutes, I can confirm the appointment, or if I can't confirm it, I can offer to reschedule to a different time.

I have a PayPal account, and I originally linked things to PayPal, and my customers had trouble paying through PayPal. It was very strange, because they would get a message that they still had an outstanding invoice, but I would get a message that it was paid. Thryv needs to be aware that PayPal does not work well with them, and that is on PayPal's end. At any rate, that only has to happen once when one has that kind of a headache with a customer. After that experience, I immediately contacted Thryv and signed up for ThryvPay.

Thryv response

Hi Barry. It's very important to us, at Thryv, that our clients understand the software and use it to help run their business. Our main goal is to help businesses succeed and it sounds like we're assisting you with running your business. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I've been with Thryv since they were cheaper and they provided a lot of extra services. But the main thing is how many calls I'm getting for people wanting me to come out and do a free estimate for them and then after, we’d get the job. It was doing okay though not as good as I was doing last year. It could be the economy or a number of things. Things have gotten very slow but it's not due to Thryv.

All I do is digital advertising and all of a sudden, I went to send a review to go on to Google to one of my customers through Thryv and they set things up for me so I could easily do it. The link is right there and it comes back saying, “Your Google account has been suspended.” It's a big ordeal and I'm trying to get it back. They suspended the account for a security reason. I was using my UPS box as my address, which they don't like. So, I immediately went on but I didn't know how to do it. It was all set up from the first advertising company that I had. I went in and I changed the address to my home address and just listed it so that customers can't see the address and did it that way. I had to fill out this form and send it to them. And they said it has been submitted. I had to try 10 times before it was submitted correctly, but it was submitted. And I've been waiting two weeks, and I'm still not on Google. I'm still suspended.

I have had some customers that have been able to get ahold of me. A lot of them, when they search in Dade County, they come up with my friend in Broward County who is the franchisee there. And as soon as they call him, he tells them to call me so, I've gotten a few there. But this time last year, I was booked four weeks out. And I'm only booked two weeks out. And most of the bookings I've got are from commercial customers that I've serviced in the past and references. It's not been very much from people searching. And that's the brunt of our business. Because once we do service for people, they don't need us for many years after that.

Thryv is coming on Monday, sending a videographer, which isn't costing me anything, to do some 60-second things to put on to YouTube and different kinds of social media. Nobody's ever offered anything like that before. They also had somebody go over my website. I told the old company who set up the website that I wanted to add a gallery and they said they would be glad to help me with that for $150 an hour. I told them to forget it and to just show me how to do it. But they never did. Thryv came in and said they would help me with that for free. And they've made some excellent changes. All Thryv has done is try to help me every step of the way.

I spoke to my franchisor and told them how much Thryv is giving me and what kind of service they're giving me at what price and that they've been doing everything very well. So, I even expressed on our quarterly conference call amongst the other franchisees that I found this new company if anybody's looking. I've been happy with Thryv so far. I just want my phone to be ringing a lot more.

Thryv response

Jeffrey, thank you for your business. We are always here to assist you if needed so just reach out. I can also be reached at thryvreplies@thryv.com. We appreciate you.

Rebecca B.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I've been using Thryv for three months now, and I love the website. It's one of the best websites I've ever had or seen, and it's pretty productive, results wise. They do a good job with the social media posting too. It's good quality posts. Back in April though, I paid for the advertising package and the result from it was horrible. I do way better by myself. I'm getting at least 50 to 100+ a day, while they got me 59 activity in a whole month. I'm not impressed at all, especially with what they were charging. Back then, it was $2,000.

The paid advertising service is the only thing I don't like, and it's the most expensive thing. I would never recommend anybody for that. I've been paying for Google ads now for over a year, and my phone rings at least 20 calls a day. Out of that, I convert at least 5 to 10, which is good for my business. The way Thryv was going at 59 in a month, I can't do nothing with that. That's not translating to anything. However, thryv does great in other aspects, and I recommend for the stuff that I love, like the website service and social media posts. The $349 a month is worth it.

Thryv offered me a deal and I'm somewhat stuck in there for another three months. It's either that or I was gonna just have somebody recreate the website then go somewhere else. I committed to the six months, but in the past, I wouldn't really care. I would just switch to a different company, regardless. Right now, I'm willing to give it another shot. I'm not that optimistic, but I'm really curious to see if the results will change if I continue. I'm hoping that the results change for me to want to continue the service.

Thryv response

Hi Otis. It's great to hear that your website is working for you and that we're doing a good job for you on social. We thank you for your business and appreciate you.

Rebecca B.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I’m doing the professional package with Thryv. So that's the website building and the social media. They set my appointment and also, my guinea pig for the Shopify. Thryv has given us more credibility because we didn't have a website before. With the Thryv app, I've got thousands of customers in my Square, and they integrate with Square. When I integrated my customers into Thryv, it created them as new customers. It didn’t hold on to the metadata from the sale, and basically creates them as a new customer.

My representative thought it would be a good idea and recommended that every new customer that we get, we're going to ask them to write a Google review for us. So I asked all my previous customers to write a Google review but because my business wasn't set up on Google, anybody that got that email, even if they wanted to leave a review, the link was broken. That was a big disappointment. All Thryv did was give me a credit for a month and a half. I was still quite unhappy. The issue wasn't resolved. It's still an ongoing thing.

The customer comes in as a Square receipt number. So you don't have an email or a text from them, or you don't get the customer's information at the time of the sale. When you want to send them an email, or if you wanted to reach out to them, there is some data in there. If you look through Square, you can actually get the data, but it doesn't tag on to that when you bring them into Thryv. But there is a way. If you go through and click on the sale, and then click into the sale, and then click another part of the transaction, it does have some data there that can be used. So I asked the initial lady that was setting me up before I graduated to the next part, and then she said, “Oh, no, you can't get that information.” So told her, “Well, just delete all those receipt numbers. What’s the point of me having them? I can’t do anything with those customers.” So then she deleted them all.

Five months later, I was speaking to a guy on customer service, and we went through the issue again. We found out that you can actually get the information. It just doesn't appear on Thryv or on the front end. You have to click in through the Square, through the transaction, and then there is some contact information there that didn't get dragged over. I’m happy that we found that out, but now, I’m a bit messed up that I’ve lost all that information on Thryv.

If I use the same CSV file, and I drag it over into Thryv, is it gonna duplicate all the customers that were already there? Is it gonna flag them up? He understood my concern and he worked on it whilst he was at home. He had people helping him as well. They basically cleansed the entire thing. They took all the duplicates out and replaced them. So that was a really great service. He saved Thryv from me complaining again. He completely overserviced me. That was an outstanding way to handle that particular situation.

Louis,

It sounds like Thry is working for you and it's great we are assisting you with gaining credibility with your website. Good luck with Shopify and keep us posted on how that is going. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Everyone has been very good. They've always followed through and made everything super clear and in writing. So it was really good. It was a nice, easy setup. If there was any questions, they were available. Thryv definitely helped us with looking more professional. Our website before was very handmade by my people a long time ago. So it was nice to get a facelift and really display how good our building is. But I've noticed recently that it's been a little difficult for the app to load on my phone. So I just go on my computer and log in the website.

Brett,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. It's great to hear from our customers!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Thryv does our website and the big part of it is marketing. We take money into that site. So, it's kind of all-in-one for a small business. I like it. I usually talk to the IT company or Thryv directly that there's an easy online shot, and in less than a minute, they pick up and they answer the questions. They fix any issues there might be. I'm pretty happy with it.

Jud,

I am so happy to hear you are utilizing the features that best meet your business' needs. Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Thryv's service has been very valuable for us. They manage our website and social media, and it helped us a lot. I haven't had any issues with customer service as well.

Dawn,

So happy to hear this! Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

We do the website, and we're in a phonebook. If I need something changed on the website, it's done right away. I've had a really good sales rep for a long time as well. His name is Nadil.

Marie,

Thank you for your kind words. We will let Nadil know you gave him a shout out!

- Allison B.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I wanted to get my business name out there and Thryv reached out to me. I sat down with one of the consultants and I just went for it. I used their service for my website. It can always get improved. Recently, I've been having problems trying to get on to my app on my phone. We tried figuring that out but I got busy and I didn't get anywhere.

Destin,

Thank you for your feedback! I will send this over to the team to ensure they are aware.

- Allison B.