Accredited Partner

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

Thryv, Inc. supports more than 400,000 local businesses across the U.S. with small business software Thryv and Thryv Leads. The company’s cutting-edge technologies connect small businesses with their target consumers and help them manage their day-to-day work. The company also provides print and online directories The Real Yellow Pages, including 25 million monthly visitors to yellowpages.com, Superpages.com and DexKnows.com.

Thryv, Inc. helps businesses manage their work easier and get found fast, wherever consumers are searching.

Thryv Video
Thryv Gallery (4)

Thryv Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: July 27, 2020

The owner of Money Mailer told me about Thryv. He and the representative know each other and so, the Money Mailer thought it would be a good idea for me to touch base with them and see if they could help our business. Thryv has three different packages and I took the lower package for 199. It offers 20 different services such as instant text messaging to your clients, being able to send them receipts and a CRM system that holds the data that you put into it. Those were some of the services that really caught my attention to help me streamline the business. There are a few other things that I haven't used yet but I know are there.

Thryv makes us look more professional. We set the appointment and the Thryv software sends out three text messages as reminders to the client. So, that has been helpful. Clients have shared with me that they like that we send them reminders and all of this is being done without me having to always remember to do that. It just automatically does it. So, I'm very appreciative. I also have the ability to send them receipts once the services are done so, it’s good although they can only receive the receipt via email. In today's time, everybody doesn't wanna give out their emails because they're tired of getting spam mail. So, I would love to be able to send my clients a receipt via text and I have not been able to do that.

Also, when I first started, I used my mobile phone a lot because I'm in the field. I'm not in front of a laptop at the office so at the beginning, I was constantly calling the office asking how the service works on the mobile side. The gentleman who signed me up and the backup team that was assigned to me in case I had any questions were knowledgeable on how to operate the system from a desktop or laptop perspective but when I called in, the knowledge of the support team on how to operate the mobile device was very limited. I had to ask questions and they would have to hang up and call me back a day or two later. They always called me back and I'm very thankful for that, but they didn't know. They would tell me that they weren’t sure how that operates and they would need to find out. So, it sounds like more training will be needed from the mobile aspect. They got it done but it took a while.

Thryv response

Michael we're very glad to hear that Thryv is helping streamline your business. We appreciate you being a client and thank you for the nice review.

Rebecca B.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Everything is going great with Thryv except I’m trying to figure out what I need to manage to make sure my reviews get responses. I put in a request yesterday because it seems like only part of our reviews are being responded to. And that’s fine, but I need to know what game I’m playing here. I was under the impression at the beginning that any review that was posted was going to be picked up with a response, and I wasn’t gonna have to worry about it. It seems like only some of them are. So, then yesterday, when I was on chat with someone, they said that it’s because only ones that go through Thryv are getting picked up. I said, “Okay, so if the customer goes straight to Google, you guys don’t answer it?” She said, “No, that’s not necessarily true either.” She said she'd get back to me on what that is. Everything that I’m using so far is really good.

We were with a major marketing firm right before we switched over to Thryv, and our rep worked with Thryv, formerly Dex, but before that, he worked with Yellow Pages. So, he’s had an established relationship with their owner for 14 years. I was ready to cancel everything last year, and I wanted to be done with our mega marketing one. I had figured out other ones that I was going to use. I sat down with our rep because he was doing Yellow Pages, and he also had to do some of the Yelp stuff. I was ready to get rid of the Yelp altogether. So, I went into the meeting ready to tell him to go away. Then I was telling him about everything and the frustrations that I was having with Yelp and with the different things, and that Yelp, for our business, was doing what it needed to do.

He started talking to me about how Yellow Pages is different. Then he started talking to me about Thryv. He gave me a demo on Thryv. He sat down and he went over everything with me. And because we were switching our website, whoever managed our website was being switched too. It was a really good trade for us especially because it gave it such a hands-on feel. So, even though we had people helping us and doing things for us and guiding us, we also could do things on our own. That was a big thing. He sold me that day, and I ended up just doing that. It’s been a really good change.

Hi Kellie,

I'm happy to hear that Thryv is working for you. If someone doesn't respond to your question promptly as promised, please email me at thryvreplies.com. We want to ensure all of your questions are answered and your able to use Thryv.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I saw Thryv at a little mini trade show and spoke with them there. Then I talked to a friend of mine who uses them. I'm using it for invoicing and estimating at this point right now. The guy who set me up with the program was great. I really like him. When I called to talk to somebody during the day about some issue I had, I should have called him. But I called just their customer service number, and I wasn't super happy with that. It was just okay. The lady whom I was talking to was nice enough but just didn't tell me anything. She was telling me to delete the app, and then re-upload the app, which I did. But it didn't really seem to solve it. If she would have walked me through a little bit more at that moment, I might have been happier with the end result. But it took me like a day to figure it out. That wasn't too great. I just didn't like the way she talked.

She was fine. I was in a bad mood because I couldn't get that damn app to work and I was trying to get an invoice out to this lady at her house before I left. I told her, "Hold on." But it just would not go. I think that was just operator error, that's why I called them so they could say, "Are you doing this or that and that?" She was like, "It's working fine on my end. So, just delete it." I think it's because I'm not super versed on that app. Every time I go to it, I have to relearn it basically. But I have liked the end product. It has helped me. It's a cool little program. I recommended it to people.

My program is super simple, but it's really outdated. I wanted to switch over to something more online than this. But it could be just my old ways. If I was a first-time user and never had anything else, it might be awesome. I'd be like, "Wow, this is great." But it could have a little more user-friendly interface. It is good, but there could be a slight bit of simplicity added to it, another button to click.

Thryv response

Hi Mark. I'm glad that Thryv seems to be working for you now and that we made it difficult for you in the beginning. Sounds like things are going better now and we're happy to have you as a client.

Rebecca B.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I work with Kristen and she's local and she handles business development. The one-on-one interaction, the coaching and the guidance in regards to what's taking place with the company has been great. Thryv support has been productive. They have reached out to me when I've opened up questions and they’ve guided me. There are some things that they couldn’t really control, like Facebook’s rules. So in general, the Thryv team has been good. I haven’t been able to not resolve something that has come up.

I submitted one request in regards to the workflow. One of my clients came on board and requested a Spanish-speaking rep. I've been managing it, but at some point, I wanted him to start going directly to Thryv. Although he speaks English, there's just that additional comfort level. The reason he came to me is mainly for the fact that he wanted somebody local. I told him that I'm always gonna be here, but I let him know that this is really where Thryv can help him. I was trying to delegate so I can focus on other things. So I did the onboarding.

We never had that piece completely resolved in the sense where there's been a relationship goal and I believe that could be a missing factor as we go forward because I'm in the relationship at this point. We are competing for my client's second line of business, which is a different market. We opened in Palm Desert, which is what I'm overseeing for him using Thryv, and I showed him that if one day I'm gone, it doesn’t matter since he has Thryv and he has a system that’s been built and he owns the system. But the only thing that I was hoping would be made available to him is that Spanish-speaking rep.

Also, the initial video that was published appeared that once the domain name was picked and it was published, the video quickly came right after that, and the branding was wrong because the new logo and the new colors weren’t established yet, but the video is produced. But that was resolved. We informed them that it wasn’t the right branding, right colors, and then the new video was shut, which was great. Overall, Thryv is a great product. It helps the business centers. But it would be very beneficial if we can plug an API into credit card processing.

Thryv response

Thanks for your feedback, Louis! I'm so happy to hear that Kristen is a great partner with you and things are going well with Thryv.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I went with DexKnows back in 2011 when I had a wash window cleaning service, but I closed that business down. I'm now on my third business and I went with Thryv because first time I went with DexKnows, I got about 30 calls and I wound up getting about 19 to 20. I went with DexYP too, but I never got calls. In 2013, more people are looking at phone book. Now, it’s the internet these days. But so far, I've had one scam email from somebody overseas who was supposed to give me the keys to apartment or a house that I'm supposed to go clean. I took it upfront and I went to pay the Realtor too. And I've not receive anything yet. I was trying to see what their endgame was on this. It was too sweet of a deal.

So far, the business is slow. It's the wrong time of the year. I know this area like the back of my hand. People ain't picking up phone books or looking at phone directories. I just got a call 15 minutes ago from a person who wants me to pay $130 a month to put me on 60 directories and all over search engines, and lead finders. I don't do that. I find my own leads. I'm old-fashioned. It's time to get back to the basics, the word-of-mouth and face-to-face. All this technology screws and goes down. When the power grid goes out, everybody is gonna be confused.

I've looked at my coupons and they don't have picture. I don't know how to put them up because I'm doing everything from my mobile phone. I don't have a PC, so the deals I'm offering, I just have a tag there. I don't have a picture. So far, things have always been good. I’ve got three deals going on so I wish they could put a picture. They can dig them out from my website. It’s on Google. If they put a picture with it, it would help me a bit. But I don’t know if they could do that. I’m paying for one phonebook right now and I’m getting one county. It's a big county. It’s got two major cities and it’s got the local airport, the airport that gets to plane the President if he wanted to. I'm a bit late on the payments this month. But so far, anything I’ve asked them to do, they've done. They responded very well.

But the only thing I really got a B-minus for Thryv was the email shows an advertisement. The lady said she bought a house in Bungle, Tennessee and offered to work three days a week. I couldn't meet her. She wants me to take her keys, and pay for a Realtor. I went to the bank and checked it out. I have to be licensed in the state of Tennessee to sell property. And I told her, “I’ll go check this property out.” And I’ve not heard anything back. I’ve not seen the keys yet. So I don’t know if that was a scam.

HomeAdvisor and Charter called me and they were soliciting calls because I have a service number. I’m getting so scared, I've only been making so much a year. If I go $1,100 over, I have to report that because I don't make that much. I've done three gardens in May, I got $120 this year, so next year isn't looking too great. But I’m paying them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I was approached by Jason, a rep, and he told me that he was gonna help me and he was gonna teach me how to use Thryv in order to send some stuff to my clients. But he got laid off and nobody has been training me. We've been learning little by little, and my wife has done some stuff online such as when to send information and how to do that.

The guys at Thryv do the social media and the website, which is perfect but I don't know how to use the service. They offer a lot of things and I know it’s there but it’s not easy to use. I got all my clients and I can do invoices, and I was gonna send information to my clients but I don't know how. It's frustrating. You need to know the steps in order to do the stuff that it's good for. I’m still in contact with Jason but he doesn't discuss anything about Thryv. I wish the salesman was Jason. It's better for me to show him because he's gonna answer questions and he's a real person that I can call. That'll be a lot easier and better.

Also, we got concerns that when I assign a job for a certain person, he doesn’t get it. It takes forever for him to get the information and sometimes, he doesn’t even get it at all. Thryv has been trying to help. When we call them about a concern, they answer, call and do the stuff right away. But it takes a little bit in order for us to understand how to do it and how it works. Because we may think something, but it's not the right way. And when we run into issues, we cannot get real life answers. We have to call, make an appointment or send an email. By the time they answer, we’ve forgotten about it.

Thryv response

Juan, i'm sorry to hear you are having issues. At Thryv, our customer service is very important to us and we want to ensure you understand the product. It sounds like the parts you are using are helping your business. I am going to have someone from our Executive Client Care team reach out to you asap. Thank you for reaching out.

Rebecca B.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Everything is working out fine with Thryv. We meet with them once a month and they're very friendly and helpful. Their service has been great. We've seen an increase in call volume and sales.

Thryv response

Margie, we're glad to hear Thryv is working for your business and increasing your sales. We strive for excellent customer service and it's great to hear we've been doing a good job. Thank you for the review.

Rebecca B.

Original review: July 28, 2020

Thryv only handles our website and email work for us right now. But some of their services were misrepresented by their salesperson that presented it to us, who was also our advertising print and online sales rep. We had very bad issues with her. The Thryv product in and by itself is fine. But the other issues that she sold with it were not. We had them doing our print and online advertising through the DexYP. When she came in for her visit, she said she could do it locally and it would be cheaper and better. I told her I thought we were in a contract with the National. She said, "No. No. I can override that. It'll be fine. Nothing will happen. Mine will override theirs and yours, the other National contract would be canceled." So, we went with her. But then lo and behold, we were double billed and we had a double ad print come out in our local phone book which was ridiculous. She assured me that would not happen but it did.

Thryv reported us to the credit issues that we weren't paying the bill. I didn't tell the rep, but I told the supervisor that I would not pay it because we were not supposed to be double billed and have double ads going on. But they finally reconciled that as of three weeks ago. We don't owe that anymore. But the trust and her selling the Thryv product and then the other products is gone. But right now, we're happy with the Thryv product.

Thryv response

Hi Susan. It's unfortunate to hear you are having these issues and I'm going to have someone from our Executive Client Care team reach out to you immediately. At Thryv, our client experience is very important to us and we want to make sure you have a great experience with Thryv and our employees.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I had another buddy that was using Thryv and was very happy. The customer service reps do a good job. We're new with them but it has helped our company. I do the web service and marketing service and we've had great results. We've had a lot more calls and wins on jobs and we’ve boosted our sales. I get a good return on my investment.

Thryv response

Brent, at Thryv customer service is very important to us. I'm glad to know we are doing a good job. It's great to hear that Thryv is helping your company and you're seeing good results. We value having you as a client.

Rebecca B.

Original review: July 25, 2020

A Thryv sales rep, Maria, came over a year ago and she was amazing. I told her I was using another company and she asked when the contract would be up. I told her and she came back. I liked her enthusiasm. She offered me some good pricing. I reached out to my current website provider and it took a couple of weeks for them to even get back to me.

We gave Thryv a shot. We were looking for a new website. We offer a daily lunch menu we were looking for something we could send out via text or email as well as weekly advertising. Maria was fabulous and was always available whenever I reached out. She was always helpful and cheerful. She was always going the extra mile to help us out and see what we needed. I feel like she met our needs. I would highly recommend. It was a great working relationship. So far, we're in the preliminary stages of seeing what happens to us if Thryv has increased our business.

Thryv response

It's great to hear that Maria has been amazing and is helpful. At Thryv, our customer service is very important to us. Please let us know how Thryv is working for you once you've been using the platform for a while. Thank you and we value you as a client.

Thryv Company Information