Call toll free
2.79/5

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DexYP® delivers cloud-based business software and other services to small businesses across America, enabling them to compete and win in today’s economy. As a leading innovator in business automation software, DexYP built and owns Thryv®, a simple software that helps small business owners manage their time, communicate with clients, and get paid, so they can take control of their business and be more successful. In addition to Thryv, DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

DexYP Video
DexYP Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1151 DexYP Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 3, 2019

DexYP is one of these things that I do and I just let it roll. I’m so busy doing so many other things so I can’t track back how much we’re getting from that. I have questioned whether or not to stay in the phone book. The online presence is great but other than that, much of our work comes from word of mouth and we receive constant emails and notices about construction projects. So, we do not rely much at all on the YP advertising, other than if a homeowner is looking for some materials and that kind of thing. Our focus is mostly commercial and a lot of that is fed to us through the general contractors. On one of my shelves, I’ve got six different paper phone books and I can’t tell the last time I picked one up. I asked people if they use a phone book and they said no. Nobody uses them anymore. If nobody is looking at it, the question is if I wanna be in there.

The customer service staff are always friendly and very professional. If I have issues, they take care of it. It works and everybody is happy. If it’s not broken, I’m not worried about it. There are other things that are breaking that I gotta pay attention to. It’s like insurance. You wanna be taken care of well while you’ve got it and then when something happens, you wanna be able to look back and say that you’ve got it, which is the same thing with DexYP. When somebody calls and says that they saw us online, that’s great. It’s not very often at all that I can go back and ask how they found us. It’s usually that they found us on our website, which we’re in the process of revamping. Very rarely do I hear that they found us in the phonebook. Nevertheless, DexYP has always been great.

DexYP response

Thank you for your business, Chris, we really do appreciate it.

Matt S.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

As long as we’ve had phone book advertising, we’ve been a client of whoever DexYP was. They've been doing yellow page and digital advertising for us. We communicate with customer service via email which was my choice. They are very responsive and they send me a monthly update. If there is anything else I need, I can reach out or contact them. Many of our services are referral-based, so we don’t really need advertising, but we have it there just as a formality sort of thing.

Once upon a time, we were solely yellow pages but they were very helpful in helping us consolidate our advertising. We are primarily referral-based and we are nonprofit and spending the money on the yellow pages was very costly, so DexYP worked us through a more cost-efficient product. I appreciated that. Plus, they weren’t trying to upsell us. We were very frank with our needs and that was after 20 plus years of very pricey yellow page advertising statewide and multiple ads. We started paying attention and looking into the cost and realizing that it really wasn’t cost-effective for us because we didn’t need advertising per se, but they were very helpful in identifying a product that would work for our needs.

We have a very easy relationship with DexYP. We keep it pretty much the same year to year. Every now and then, they reach out and have a question about some of our services to see if they can augment or just tweak the way the keyword searches however technically it is that works. So, I can tell that there is somebody paying attention to our account and reaching out to us and asking questions. They are working to make sure we are getting the best bang for our buck.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We have been with DexYP for five years. In the last few years, they have done the website for Cornerstone Counseling for us, and also an ad in the phone book. On the whole, the reps have been nice in trying to get us situated. Sometimes, after that though, things get a little bit screwed up. Like there was a billing that happened this year. They did not tell us that they were going to be billing ahead. So, the bill was more than what we expected and with budgeting and stuff, that does affect. We did call and talk with them about that to find out what’s going on. And then, two years ago, the wrong picture was put in. The one that we were told that was gonna be put in to replace the original did not get switched. Also, when a customer wants specifics, it’s not always followed through.

The reps try to check, but sometimes, there’s different answers and different departments. So they don’t know the answer right away, and they have to check and see. In addition to that, we've had four different account managers over the years and every year it changes so there's not been anybody steady that I've dealt with over the years. And while I have the name and the phone number of the latest account manager, it doesn’t mean when I try to call, it’s gonna be of some help. So sometimes, it takes a little bit. However, the service on the whole that we’ve had, is high. It’s just the execution of the different departments that need getting straightened, as well as the follow through. Finally, the phone book used to be published in September. Now it's November and I don't think it’s utilized as much as it used to be by the people. I don't even know if it actually gets delivered to everybody.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Back when we were looking at different options on advertising, DexYP had a lot of different coverage and options that piqued our interest to try them out. Now, we’ve been with them for at least five few years and we’ve been real happy with the service. We definitely get a good return on the advertising dollars that we’re spending, which is the biggest thing. You don’t wanna spend money on something without getting any return. We’ve had consistent good results with them over the years, which is why we’ve stayed with them.

We’ve had occasional changes done on the website and we deal with their tech team if we have any kind of issues. We deal with their customer service team for billing, which doesn’t happen very often. And they’ve always been good. They’re helpful about it. Even our sales guys are real easy to get ahold of if there’s a question and they’ve always taken care of any issues that have arisen.

DexYP is worth checking into, to see if the service is an option that they offer, something that works. They cover broad options as far as advertising so it covers all your bases. There's a little bit more of a one-stop-shop kind of feel there and it seems to be a very good set-up for a small business. Especially for a small business starting out that isn’t informed about a lot of different advertising options, they would go with the company that can handle a lot of that in-house.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Dan, a sales rep, got us started with DexYP. He came in to the store and introduced us. This was three years ago when we recently opened up this location and we needed help with our website. I wasn’t looking for anything. And when Dan came in and explained what Dex was all about and what they could do for us, we needed to have some help with our website.

We needed help with generating clientele watching in the door that was actually looking at an iPhone that was getting information. We would pop up if they Googled contemporary furniture, Orange County contemporary furniture, Laguna Beach, or Newport. And at first, it took a while for us to get to where we’re generated on the first page. And as time went on with the help of DexYP, they helped us implement it so that we now are generically on the front page all the time ‘cause Google now recognized us. We paid fairly dearly for that in the very beginning. We went from an SEO to an SEM or vice versa. We started out with one where we paid for clicks then we scaled down. Once we get generically set up with Google, we didn’t have to put the money into it as much anymore. I was very happy with it.

I would recommend DexYP especially if it’s a newer company who does not have a web presence. If you were any company, that would be important for you to be able to get yourself out in more of a media rather than ink ‘cause ink these days doesn’t draw the clientele, especially younger ones. You would draw the older clientele still, but not the younger.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

I signed up for DexYP advertising a couple of years ago for my business, ARK Reverse Mortgage. I thought it would be a good boost to my sales. I signed up for a 1 year contract but the sales results were underwhelming. I called in to cancel my contract after a year and they said that I have to cancel 1 year in advance. So, in essence, I would have had to cancel the day I signed up to be able to cancel my 1 year contract. 1 year later... I paid in full to that year contract, but now they want me to have me pay for another year and with a lot of penalties and an aggressive collection letter without any supporting documents. They are sending these collection letters to the wrong address. These contracts and sales tactics are extremely deceptive and recommend you look elsewhere for your advertising needs. I have found DexYP has a reputation for doing this and a very aggressive collection without any validation.

DexYP response

Hi Robert, I'm very sorry to hear this, we certainly don't want you to be unhappy with the service or billing you received. I have escalated this to our Executive Care Team, they should be in touch with you shortly to get it worked out. Thank you, and again, I'm sorry for your experience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 7, 2019

This company didn't do what they said they were going to do. I received next to no website traffic for the money I paid let alone sales. I'm currently trying to get back the $300 they charged me after requested to have the service canceled and not only would I advise against it I would go about canceling and blocking your debit cards or whatever payment method you have so that they don't FRAUDULENTLY charge you as they did me.

DexYP response

Hi Omar, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience, I would like to help. I have escalated this to our Executive Care Team, they should be in touch with you within one business day to help get this resolved. Thank you, and again, I'm sorry about this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2019

I am a company of 1. But I want my info on the web, accurate. I am contacted by a rep who wants to confirm my info. No problem...until, they send me an email so I can "share their screen". Being a former Fortune 200 IT Admin, there is a) no need to impress anyone by sharing, b) it is a security breach and requires sharing backend permissions - which they don't disclose anywhere that I've found, c) when I refused, the rep argued there was no sharing, but he specifically said "share my screen". d) he also argued with incorrect info on another unrelated matter, bad mouthing BBB accreditation as "legal extortion" (hence my subject word choice to reflect his comment back at DexYP). I finally terminated the call saying his business manners were disrespectful and he should never argue with customers.

There was no reason they couldn't send me to a website, or provide an email with the info for me to verify. I don't know if all reps do this to be fair. In this day and age it's important to be transparent in security practices before a customer is faced with system exposure. I requested my info to be pulled...I'm not going to battle someone to do business how I want. I've seen other reviews on here (after my experience), who said the same thing in respect to reps arguing with experienced owner. Suggesting to be helpful and knowledgeable, is one thing, but never ever bad mouth a reputable company like BBB who seeks to educate, and portray them as "for profit" when they are non profit! Do you want to do business with a marketing company who solely uses misinformation to promote their business? UNETHICAL!

DexYP response

Hi Shirley, I am sorry to hear about your experience, we try to make every communication helpful and straightforward. Would you like to talk with somebody from our Executive Care Team about this? If so, please let me know and I will share your message and contact information with them. Again, I'm sorry for this, and I look forward to making it right with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 3, 2019

We had an issue with DexYP, where they had sent out a new contract which we felt had no value to us, didn't sign, and went on with our lives. Then I get an invoice and calls on a delinquent account. Not going through all of it again, but had to do with auto renew from a document 6 years ago which we had never seen or been told about, and the company admitted they hadn't told clients. We had been turned over to collection, (even though we were is conversation to try to settle this) to a company where we made our case for the dispute and they chose not to move forward. Today, months later, I get a call from a new collection agency on the same resolved matter plus $50.00 higher....stop!!! This is ridiculous. But here we are....

DexYP response

Hi Bob, I'm so sorry to hear about this, I would like to help. I have escalated your message to our Executive Care Team, they should be getting in touch with you in the next couple of days to try and resolve this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 28, 2019

Been in business since 1985. I am an optometrist. Every year my name was printed correctly under the proper category. This year no one reached out to me nor received any proof to confirm. Someone took it upon themselves to list my corporate name that I use for tax ID under the categories my name should be under. Patients look for my name as a doctor not a corporation. Totally useless. I sent my reason for non payment with every statement explaining why I refuse to pay. Today I get another statement with a threat of reporting me to a credit bureau. If that occurs I will get a lawyer, report them to not only the BBB but also my attorney general.

DexYP response

Hello Doron, I am very sorry to hear about the error in the most recent listing and would like to help get this resolved. I have escalated your message to our Executive Care team, they will reach out to you within one business day to work with you to get it sorted properly. Thank you for your business, and again, I'm sorry for the recent frustration.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 24, 2019

We have been with YP for 23 years. Our "customer service rep" or "salesperson" to be more precise has changed 19 out of those 23 years. That's one of their biggest mistakes as we have no relationship with anyone there and must waste hours re-hashing our experiences and concerns to a new person every year. I exchanged no fewer than 40 emails and spent 2-3 hours on the phone with last year’s new “customer retention rep”. New reps are only concerned with increasing what we spend regardless of the results we’ve experienced. We have had so many problems with YP over the years but at least we consistently were able to pull in new business every year from our phone calls.

In the past five years, starting with the year before Dex took over, we have had 1, only 1, new customer resulting from a YP call. That one new job resulted in a profit of approx. $475. That's a loss of about $9,100 in five years. When the phone rings I can pull in the business, I'm very good on the phone, but the phone never rings anymore. We have lost thousands of dollars and all a new rep can say, despite what I tell them, is that the answer is spending more money. I'm guessing if it were their money they would have a very different opinion. Dex has made some stupid moves too but I have no time to discuss them all here. I have discussed with reps and managers with zero interest in anything but new business.

In the last part of 2018 I was once again disgusted with the money we were wasting for zero return and started emailing our rep but never received a call or email…for a few months. We stopped paying our bill thinking maybe someone would pay attention and contact us... nothing. On Jan. 29 of this year I filed a case with YP (**). For two months I received no update, no calls or emails from anyone. (Actually I received three emails stating that the “status has changed on your case” but when I looked there had been zero changes. They must have been secret changes that only they knew about.) On March 3rd I filed yet another case (**). Again I received zero response from anyone…

One month later I finally found that our rep from last year was gone, no shock there, but I was shocked that nobody had been checking her emails or that our new rep. Tanya ** hadn’t contacted us especially with two cases filed. On 3/24 I paid the entire balance we owed and made plans to end our relationship with YP. I finally did reach Tanya on 4/4 she said she “wasn’t aware” of the two cases I had filed… I asked what date we were paid up to and she said the 22nd of April. I told her I either wanted to cancel our account on that date or Dex could cover a couple months in a good faith effort to retain us. She immediately filed another case, to request to close the account, and cancelled the first two cases that had been ignored… She said she would get back to me.

On 4/19 after another two weeks of not hearing from her I called again. I told her again that I wanted to cancel the account on the 22nd or have Dex pick up the cost of the next few months. Either way we would be not paying YP any more money. That afternoon she emailed me stating she was still waiting for a response from someone and would call me Monday with an answer. As of 5/10, three weeks later, I had not heard back from her and the account had not been canceled as requested. I had also emailed and called her in this time frame with no response. There was no voice message set up on her phone so it just rang about 20 times until the system finally hung up on me.

That same day I called her manager Kevin **. He sounded disinterested as I again had to explain the whole story to yet another person. His response was that Tanya would call me back… Really? He must have not paid attention to what I had been saying about the lack of response. So, as of today, two weeks later, I have still not heard from anyone. I called Tanya’s office again this morning. Twice I let it ring for 20+ times until the system, or someone tired of hearing the phone ring, hung up on me.

To top it all off their collection group called last week about our account being overdue…this was infuriating to say the least. I quickly explained that we would not be paying anything further on the account and that it should have been canceled on or before 4/22. I also suggested he contact Kevin **. Either way I as done talking. I’ve been in sales for 35 years, several as a manager. I can’t imagine that Dex can continue to survive with this lack of customer service but I no longer care. We’re done with YP.

DexYP response

Hi Dave, I am very sorry to hear about these problems, and I would like to help. I have escalated this to our Executive Care Team, they should be in touch with you shortly to discuss it with you. Again, I'm sorry for all of this, thank you for taking the time to detail it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2019

We used them for years to have exposure in their print books. We renewed and included online exposure to surrounding territories. Ad was running incorrectly in the book. No one reached out to us regarding our renewal (contract says they auto renew) so it continued to run incorrectly. New sales agent reached out to us and offered a very, very small discount due to error. Not even enough to make a difference. Further, she was expecting to re-sign us up on the same day claiming 'deadlines'. Further, their reviews are completely incorrect and we have had clients send us their reviews; however, over a year later, not a single one is showing up. We have asked that any fraudulent bad reviews be taken down and reported them, but they are still showing. I would STAY AWAY from this fraudulent marketing ploy and instead put your dollars towards a more local advertising avenue! Again, buyer beware....don't waste your hard earned dollars!!

DexYP response

Hi John, I am very sorry to hear about your experience, I would like to help. I have sent your information to our Executive Care team, they will reach out to you after the holiday weekend. They will work with you to make this right.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Deceitful company who puts sales revenue above the care and service of their clients. Dex recorded all of our phone calls, even when we said to stop immediately, even when we threatened legal action. This is against our policies and our customers privacy. This Mega-puke juggernaut needs stopped immediately. They violate every single thread of what a company should do.

Dex was "supposedly" running an ad campaign, but instead could not spell the business name or any description of the business in English or correctly. Call after frustrating call went unanswered, only voicemail. They created a cookie cutter webpage on their own site that is very poorly created. This has a negative impact on EVERY business because everything looks the same. We were finally done with our contract in March and they still continue to bill us. When we call, they say that it is taken care of. It is not. If you are thinking of doing business with Dex, DexYP, Thryv, Dex Media, etc. DO NOT!! EVER!

DexYP response

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to help. I've escalated this to our Executive Care Team, they should be in touch with you within 1 business day. Thank you for taking the time to detail this, and again, I'm sorry for the frustration you have experienced.

Original review: May 22, 2019

My mom passed away and was an independent contractor who advertised with DexYP. I have tried to cancel her contract using the account closure process and it was denied. She used her home phone number for advertising instead of her 877 number. I am not sure why she did that but is no longer with us to ask her. The family doesn’t wasn’t to cancel the home phone number and so the request is being denied. The business is no more. It was my mom’s business and not taking sales anymore. I sent in copies of her business fax account closure, 877 account closure and death certificate and the request was denied. I called customer care and they verified it was denied and the advice given was just not to pay the bills since it will go to her estate. I do not recommend this company.

DexYP response

Hi Jennifer, I am very sorry to hear about this, especially during this difficult time for your family. I have escalated this to our Executive Care Team, they will reach out to you within 1 business day to get more details about this and work to resolve it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

Dex signed me up to enhance my company's listing on search engine sites, they told me it would take a couple months to see results. So I kept checking to see if anything was corrected. After 3 months I called to cancel. This started Dec 2016, March 2017 I received a past due notice and I responded with a non performance cancel notification, In June of 2017 I received a notice to cancel service if I do not pay $304, Then in Jan 2018 they sent a letter saying they printed my number as their contact number??? Then July of 2018 they started collections for services they did not performed. Now April 2019 they sent collections for $579 and are threatening to sue me for work not performed. This is a horrible company, they do not perform the work you pay for and want you to keep paying.

DexYP response

Hi Michael, I am very sorry to hear about this, I would like to help. I've escalated this to our Executive Care team, they will reach out to you in the next couple of days to get the details and try to resolve it. Thank you, and again, I'm sorry for the trouble you've been experiencing.

Matt S. 5

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2019

This is my first of what will be every online site I can find to let consumers know about my personal experience. WARNING. WARNING. WARNING. DO NOT TRUST DEXYP. WARNING. WARNING. WARNING. DO NOT TRUST DEXYP. I called in directly to cancel services with DEXYP. They have knowledge of the phone call to cancel as I confirmed with them over the phone. I also have emails stating I cancelled. For less than 5000.00 in charges they are taking me to court. I never spoke to a rep about the services when they claim I had them. I was never given analytics. I never had knowledge it was continued because I.....CALLED IN TO CANCEL AND ALSO WROTE AN EMAIL STATING I CANCELLED! Also, the services that were rendered for the two years I had them did not make an impact on my business to further grow it.

DEXYP has made this claim that I owe them money when I have proof twice over and now have to hire a lawyer to defend this claim and will probably have to pay for that. For this particular situation DEXYP is VERY UNETHICAL, VERY DISHONEST AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM IN ANY MEASURE. What they state as business practices is the opposite if you do business with them. It is in fact the antithesis. All my staff can vouch for our ethics here and help customers every day with medical needs and they (DEXYP) treat small American businesses that work hard with no respect and suck out every penny they can from people like you and me for services they don't even follow up on. Please let others know that I was taken advantage of from this company and they are taking legal action against me for something I have proof I cancelled.

DexYP response

Hi Derek, I'm very sorry to hear this, I want to help. I'm going to escalate this to our Executive Care Team, they will be in contact within one business day. They will work to get this resolved. Thank you, and again, I'm sorry for the trouble you have been experiencing.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I own my business and try very hard to provide service that is above and beyond my clients expectations. I try to give praise and credit when due and normally just keep negative experiences to myself. I normally see no point in going to the internet to discuss my issues with a company. However, in this case I have had nothing but problems with this company.

The sales force is very pushy and have an agenda that is about sales more than meeting a customers needs. On multiple occasions advertisements promised by sales and what was delivered by designers were completely out of alignment thus costing me valuable time to correct issues. The billing department sends invoices to non-existent addresses, then seeks late fees (how is this possible when you have my address in your print ad and online). I have seen very little return on the investment and as a business owner this makes no sense. Continued financial investing in anything that does not return a profit will soon put one out of business. Advertising dollars are much better spent on other entities that are thriving, rather than wasting money on a dying yellow pages.

DexYP response

Hi Russell, I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experiences, I would like to help. I'm going to escalate this to our Executive Care team, they should be in touch with you within one business day. Thank you for taking the time to detail this, and again, I'm sorry for your frustration.

Original review: May 16, 2019

We use DexYP for phonebook mainly and they have been very pleasant. We speak to them when we're renewing and they have been very nice and easy to reach.

DexYP response

Hi Mariette, thank you so much for your kind words, and I'm so happy you are thrilled with our service! Thank you very much for your business.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2019

We've been a customer of DexYP for quite a while and they're somewhat valuable. We're in print and in digital marketing with them, and they've been fine.

DexYP response

Thank you for your business, Amy, we are glad you are satisfied with the services!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was to receive online internet advertising and also yellow book ads in Harrisburg and Lebanon p a phone books, been paying 149.00 a month since 8/31/18. To this date I have received nothing and not sure what if anything I am receiving.

DexYP response

Hi Roland, I am so sorry to hear this, I want to help. I am going to send your information to our Executive Care Team, they'll be in touch with you to review what you have paid for and make sure everything is as it should be. They will usually get in touch within one business day.

Original review: May 14, 2019

DexYP is the phone book around here and they advertise for us. I’ve been in my company for 19 years and we’ve been with them for about that long. We use the phone book and our ad has been the same. We’re satisfied with DexYP and the experience has been fair. They offer us a product, and we pay for it and we get what we’re paying for. Customers use the service and for the older customers, it has been good.

DexYP response

We're so happy to hear that DexYP is working out so well for you. Thank you for your business, Allison.

Matt S.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I've been with the company for 24 years, just using the phonebook back then. Most of our business comes from word-of-mouth, but older people still use a phonebook, so there is value in being with DexYP. The reps have been great too.

DexYP response

Thank you Kay, and I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in your DexYP services. Thank you for your business.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 12, 2019

DexYp was part of BellSouth and then, Yellow Pages so I was familiar with them. We were trying to get all our information changed on Google and DexYP was able to do it. I've been with them for a couple of years and I write them a check every month for $105 but I don’t know why I’m paying them. They should call their customers and tell them what they’re paying for.

DexYP response

Hi James, thank you for taking the time to detail your concerns, I'm sorry you aren't clear what you are paying for. I've escalated this to our Executive Care team, they will get in touch with you in the next 1-2 business days to discuss your advertising package and explain the various aspects of it. Thank you for your business, and I'm sorry for your frustration. We'll get it cleared up soon.

Matt S.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We had a very nice salesperson who was roaming the streets step in, talk to me and it was very nice to have somebody do that because I get lots of calls I hang up on every day because I’m, “They wanna do business with me, come and see me.” She was very nice. She came by a couple different times and I was looking for a change.

Whenever I’ve had to call or chat, the DexYP reps have always taken care of me, and they have always been very helpful, but they increased my rate to add tax on it and I was disappointed about that. Still, I’m happy with DexYP. I have the website which I like. I can upload photos easily and do things and changes one time, not try to do 20 of them. I post on social media and it seems to work.

DexYP response

Thank you for your business, Cindy. I'm glad that your website and our services in general are helpful, and happy to hear about your wonderful interaction with our sales representative.

Matt S.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We’re satisfied with what DexYP is doing. We do digital marketing. They do some ad campaigns for us, and then also in the phonebook. I've been dealing with Chantelle, and we do a monthly meeting and she just goes over the report. They generate a few leads a month, so it’s worth it for us.

DexYP response

Thank you for your business, Lindsey. I'm so glad to hear that DexYP is helping generate new leads for you!

Matt S.

Original review: May 7, 2019

DexYP changed over my Yellow Pages years and years ago and my experience has been wonderful. There's some increase in business, but most of it is all online. Still, they've impacted my business very well. They don’t need to come by the shop. They just call me on the phone, so I renew on the spot.

DexYP response

That's fantastic to hear, Gary, thank you for your business! I'm happy to hear that we have been able to provide you with real value, online and off.

Matt S.

Original review: May 6, 2019

The experience with DexYP's customer service has been fantastic. They call us when it's time to renew, we tell them what we want and it gets done. DexYP provides a needed service and it’s very valuable. The town is very small and we don’t have an online website of any kind. We've had some dentists retire, so people look for other dentists and it's either word-of-mouth advertising or Yellow Pages. People still here use the phone. We got the Yellow Pages ad and the service has made the business grow. We had a good time with DexYP.

DexYP response

This is wonderful to hear, Dean. I'm glad our customer service has been excellent for you, and that we've helped send new customers your way. Thank you for your continued business!

Original review: May 4, 2019

This year---after MANY years of Yellow Page advertising and nonexistent online results (through DEXYP, that is)---we elected to CANCEL our DEXYP advertising ALTOGETHER when the rep called February 21, 2019 to go over renewal, changes, etc. Yes, the change we wanted was to CANCEL any and all DEXYP advertising as virtually no one uses telephone books anymore to look up phone numbers, and there were virtually zero results from any Internet presence they were offering. In short, it was a complete waste of $39.00 per month PLUS the $5.00 surcharge for not wanting to pay with a credit card. Though we communicated our intention to cancel with the rep on the phone (interesting to note they can lock you into a contract by phone, but they resist your being able to CANCEL by phone), we continue to be billed.

Recently we wrote a letter stating we would be stopping payment and reiterating we wished to CANCEL any and all advertising with DEXYP. A person, Laurel, called us, she said, from the home office in New York stating our "contract" ran through January of 2020. The suggestion is being made that the PRINT advertising and the MEDIA (online) advertising are separate commodities, though we never received any notice of renewal for the Media part last December or January.

Moreover, the contract states that after the initial one-year contract, the media advertising is on a month-to-month basis and can be canceled by letter (in writing), which we have done (which prompted the New York office call). We were essentially told we were stuck until 2020. At this juncture, it appears they got us. If we fail to pay, they will assess late fees, potentially turn us into credit bureaus...basically cost us more money and grief than just paying the bill. Under no circumstances do we feel we should owe more than ONE MONTH beyond the dated 30-day notice pursuant to our letter to quit all aspects of doing business.

You should notice a LONG and GROWING list of one-star, negative, disgruntled DEXYP clients who have posted here with the same, pat responses of "thank you...we'll turn this over to the executive whatever." Our feeling is this is rapidly becoming an FTC matter, and we hope others join in this fight to STOP this bad method of doing business. There are nearly unlimited ways of advertising online. One should weigh heavily the options, the costs, and the value and pay strong attention to companies that do not deal fairly, honestly, and with integrity with their customers pursuant to customer reviews. Either that or be prepared, they won't let you out without a fight and additional expense.

DexYP response

Hi Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear about your billing issues. I have escalated this to our Executive Care team, they will be in touch with you soon to discuss this with you and get it resolved.

Original review: May 4, 2019

DexYP reached out to me and we’ve been with them for 15 years since we’ve been in business. We use them for our online, to have our information on Yellowpages.com. They should lower their rates, but apart from that, they're just fine.

DexYP response

Thank you for your business, Melissa, we really appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that yellowpages.com is working well for your company.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Two years ago Thrive came to me asking if they could host and redesign my website. I was promised that my business would appear at near the top of the search engines if I googled upholstery, draperies, window treatments, blinds and shades or slipcovers in RI. Nothing. Nada. I'm into this program now for $2400 and have gotten no results. Needless to say that I am not happy. For a company that is supposed to be my business partner you are not only not pulling your weight, you are costing me some of my hard earned money. It's difficult enough to be in a small business these days without taking on a partner that is doing nothing to help.

DexYP response

Hi Alan, I am so sorry for your experience. We strive to make every interaction and every project meaningful and beneficial for our clients. I want to help make this right, I have sent your contact information over to our Executive Care team, they will be getting in touch with you within 1 business day to discuss your concerns.

DexYP Company Information