toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

DexYP

Hi Nicole - We're happy to hear how satisfied you are with our services. We are here for you, and will continue to help you reach your goals when it comes to marketing your business. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

We were looking for somebody who can help us with our website because we're not computer savvy. We needed somebody to help create it and work it for us. We went to Dex Media for their services and their customer service have always been friendly, courteous and very helpful. Dex Media has added a lot of value to our company. They've set up a website with photos, schedules and pricing and they did the layout as well. There are a lot of people that use websites to search for studios. Setting up a website is obviously working for us.

DexYP was the phone book in the town when we started advertising in 1988. Their customer service was pleasant, kind and people have always treated us well. They were great in the beginning but they dropped back a little bit over the years since we didn’t get the phone calls from their phone book as much as we did from Yellowbook or Yelp. We want customers to look for our information up and call us so we can sell them pest control. We keep track of all of our advertising and if someone calls anytime, we ask how they found us. We’re still using whatever listing is in there and we’ll keep the smaller ads but we’ve drifted over to Hibu and Yelp. The book just got too big and people like the smaller books.

Hi Brandon,

This is amazing to hear. We are so happy we could help your business receive visibility in such a large market. DexYP is always here to aid businesses such as yours.

Brooke

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

We had been using Dex Media for more than a few years now. I came on board in October trying to figure out their marketing situation. They are one of our go-to guys and we just continue using them. They also have very good customer service and we have frequent conversations and meetings with our account manager who has really been top notch. The manager has been very courteous and knowledgeable. DexYP is extremely easy to use and connect to. They are very helpful, informative, extremely professional and overall we've been having a very good experience.

We have their SEO and pay-per-click in the radius services. They have been extremely valuable. Anything marketing-related, it goes a really a long way for us here. Marketing-wise, they have more people come to your business. There are more views on your page and more people clicking on your advertisements. I'm an IT guy and not a marketing guy. I've kind of tried to wear several hats here recently. But New York City, specifically, is very difficult to advertise in and market to because there are so many people. It screws with the budget and with your radius. We've been working very closely trying to fix all of those little issues and fine-tune and tweak here and there as we go.

Over the course of the past couple of months, we've really gotten into a place where we need to be and the results are showing it. We've seen good results, especially recently while using DexYP's services. With them, what you see is what you get. There are no workarounds. It's convenient and straightforward. We're going to be allocating more of our budget towards DexYP in the near future.

Hi Jeffrey,

We are happy to know that we've been of service to you. Thank you for being one of our long-standing clients and trusting in our process.

Brooke

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We've been advertising in the Yellow Pages for years and years. And as the years have gone on, they've provided some online presence for us. Their customer service people have been attentive and they've kept in contact. Overall, it has been a good experience.

Claire,

We're happy to know how beneficial we've been with helping your business grow. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a partner!

- Ed

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We've had DexYP for a long time. 10 years ago, we initially signed up with DexYP for the phone book or Yellow Pages for marketing reasons. But more recently, we switched over to some of the online marketing and advertising options to keep up with the times. We've switched to Google searches and we have Facebook through them as well, which has definitely freed up some of the things that I had to do so that's nice. Although they’ve switched up the SEM person periodically, they've always let us know who the new one is, and anytime we need anything or have a question, we're always able to reach out and get a response back. All in all, we've always had a good experience with them.

Hi Scott -

Thank you for being a long time client! We're honored that you've allowed us to work for you all these years! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will not go unheard.

- Ed

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We’ve been doing advertising with DexYP for some time. We started with Verizon yellow pages which they took over. I also do the Google keywords. I have a couple of different contacts there and generally, they've been helpful and responsive. DexYP has been valuable as far as being helpful with my advertising online. However, whenever we have some of the conversations regarding how I can more effectively use what I am spending, it would be good for them to look at my point of view on the cost of advertising a little bit more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for being a valued client and for allowing DexYP to handle your marketing needs. We're happy to know that your Business Advisor is doing a great job! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

- Ed

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I've been a satisfied DexYP customer for decades. They have helped us get better internet and search hits. They can also track calls through a number that's listed there and that has been helpful to get a handle on things. Their agent helps us to develop all of our yellow pages, both book and online. He's experienced, knowledgeable and helpful. He does an excellent job for us. Unless they move him away from being my rep, I would have no reason to change or look at other yellow pages alternatives.

Hello Chris,

I'm happy to know that Thryv is working for your business and bringing in new customers! That's what we want to hear! Thank you so much for allowing us to handle all your marketing needs.

- Ed

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

DexYP handled my paper advertisement and it seemed soothing to go with the same company for online listings. Also, the rep didn't try to oversell me or sell me stuff that I didn't need. They also provide me with a website and I really like the Thryv Hub. I only wish the cost was a little bit cheaper, but they've been helpful and pretty valuable to the company in bringing in new work.

Update 9/8:

Hi Channel -

Somer, in our Client Care Dept has made several additional attempts to try and reach out to you regarding your concerns, with hopes of working to resolve.

If you could please contact Somer at your earliest convenience, it would be appreciated as she is eager to speak with you.

Hi Channel -

I apologize for the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account experience and any inconvenience this matter has caused you. Somer, in our Client Care Dept advised that she has made several attempts to reach you via phone in response to your Facebook posts, with messages left providing her contact info, to no avail.

Somer is eager to speak with you regarding this matter with hopes of addressing all concerns and working toward a resolution. I've requested that Somer try to reach back out to you today via phone and email.

Ed

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I signed up for Dex Media packages. First was free listings and to drive traffic to my site, then Dex hub with social marketing and social media management and was promised a better e-commerce website other than the one I already had all for a price of $199.99. But the price was prorated because of previously purchase packages. Getting the site would have made the package complete. All in all the prorated price was $125.00 but $299.99 was taken from my account.

All the phone calls I received were consumers looking for other businesses. The Dex hub never worked. I was told to give it some time and then refresh but still never worked. I was told they would post to my social sites on my behalf, No post were ever made to my social media sites. The local listings somewhere never claimed and if so it had the wrong business information up. When spoke to the website developer I was then informed they don't do social sites. So now it's time to just cancel and when I did so I find out she had me locked in a 12 month agreement. I never received my money back that they took and my account is still active with them and I am still getting billed.

I have called and spoke with a number of people trying to get this resolved and it's never been resolved and Dex Media still has control of my listings. This company is a liar and a rip off. I have since seen 100's of bad reviews about them and see what they have did to me has been done to other people. There is over 48 complaints on www.rippoffreport.com for this company and also bbb.org as well as social media and Google. They refuse to cancel my account. I have taken pictures of all the listings. My next step is to hire a lawyer. Save yourself a headache and never do business with them. I wish I would have seen the reviews before agreeing to do business because I never signed anything. It was a verbal agreement over the phone. Everyone I have spoken to say they can't help me resolve this issue.

DexYP

Hi Bret - We hate to hear of the outlined issues regarding your account satisfaction, and apologize for any frustrations this matter has caused you. Client Care will be in contact with you regarding this matter with hopes of working toward a resolution. Thank you, Ed.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

In January 2017, a Marketing Salesman hounded me for a meeting to discuss possible online marketing options. He did not tell me upfront he was with Dex, wonder why? At our meeting he explained that they would create a website and a account manager would contact me to work up a marketing campaign. After several weeks of phone conversations with a web designer in March, I was up and running. My Salesman promised 1st page exposure and if I did not receive one Customer phone call, he would cancel my contract.

It's now August 2017 and yes they have a website up and running but I have yet to hear from a account manager. I have never received a single call from my Dex ad and they will not release me from my contract. They have my business information wrong on the listing. Their claims person explained that all I have is a website with them!!! That is not what the Salesman explained. This has been ONE BIG WASTE of my TIME & MONEY!!! Stay away from Dex, stay far away!! If a salesperson contacts you, hang up. If they come to your office, throw them out!!! I will tell everyone I know not to do business with Dex!! They are con artists and Liars!!

Hello Patrick -

I hate to hear of obstacles encountered with your account and follow up, and greatly apologize for this experience. Your case has been escalated and you will promptly be contacted by our Client Care team.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

After many weeks of waiting for them to set up my account, after paying them of course, they made the excuse of some technical glitches on their end. When I finally gave up and asked for my money back, they ignored my requests and kept telling me they were working on the issue. I then made it very clear that I was no longer interested but they still have not refunded my money. As a small business, I can refund a customer's money in minutes so I'm frustrated by this delay. I'd like to get back to business and not worry about this issue any longer.

Updated on 09/05/2017: First, I just checked DexYPs Better Business Bureau's rating. Their accreditation has been REVOKED. Should have checked this before I got involved with them. This is really saying something because there are similar companies on the BBB site that have stats like 68 complaints, 11% positive reviews, 89% negative reviews and still have an A+ rating (Yext, Inc.) Here's another one: Yelp.com. With a government injunction against them for endangering children's information, which is posted on the BBB site, and with 4 positive reviews, 10 neutral reviews and 329 negative reviews (96%), not to mention over 1400 complaints, they still maintain a B+ rating. So then, how bad is DexYP if their accreditation is revoked by the same watchdog agency?

Now the update: After posting a complaint on this site, I was FINALLY contacted by DexYP and my money has been refunded after two months of fighting for it. I believe this is thanks to the Consumer Affairs website. I was getting nowhere with my contacts at DexYP. A comment was made by one contact at DexYP that makes me think the issue lies with their internal commission structure - that no one in the sales channel will give up a customer no matter what - at least until some report is out - whatever that means.

Anyway, even though my issue is now resolved, I would still recommend you stay clear of DexYP, and similar services like Yext, Yelp, etc. They all misrepresent their effectiveness in order to gain a sale. Also, they only can help with a small piece of the marketing. If you just want to manage what they claim to help with, hire a bright high school kid who needs a job. They can be trained in minutes and do the work for much less money/ Plus, you're helping your community.

My personal solution to our marketing needs was to hire a reputable marketing/advertising firm that handles everything Dex, Yext, Yelp, Hubspot and similar companies do for the same price as just ONE of these services. They can even handle website, print and mail if I need it. I can't recommend them yet, I just started with them, but I think this is a much better alternative than one of these self-promoting groups that highly inflate their own value. Finally, the best news is that when I get calls from marketing salespeople I tell them that I have hired a marketing agent who makes all the marketing suggestions. They leave me alone FAST.

Hi Asher,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know you were placed with someone who could communicate with you effectively!

Thanks so much,

Brooke

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

We’ve been working with DexYP for a while and their customer service has been outstanding but we had one representative that was not as good as the others. She wasn’t effective in scheduling and didn’t have a good idea of the business. She has general-apply business principles across different areas rather than being specifically made into our business. She was bringing up data and different things which didn’t apply even if it’s an example. It was way off from how we practice medicine and it was reiterated. Told her that I skipped so many emails a day and if she wants me to take action on something, she needs to give me a call so I can make sure to find it and I’ll get back right away. The communication wasn’t there because most of the representatives are very accommodating when I get them faster answers so they can work on it. They immediately took action and switched us to another representative who was effective.

We have a website, banner ads, SEO, SEM and an email through DexYP. The SEM and SEO products are very interesting to deal with. The people we had doing SEM had been helpful. The SEO part is very challenging for our work environment and they’ve stayed on top of things. The people that worked with us have been outstanding and I’m happy with their product and service.

Paula -

Glad to know that we have helped you in those areas. Thank you for trusting us and our knowledge of the business.

Brooke

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Our company used DexYP for telephone listings and they've always reached out to us. They also opened our eyes to other services that they offer and we're on it now. We found the internet optimization so that they could help us gain a good spot on the internet listing. I do random searches to see where we're at as far as the online optimization is going and it seems to be working pretty good. We got quite a few jobs from it already. They're knowledgeable, professional and courteous. I have a great outside rep that I love. I also love Amy, my inside rep. She's a great person that I deal with.

Charles,

We appreciate you trusting us to help market your business. We strive to do our best work with each client. Thank you for your loyalty as you continue to work with us.

Brooke

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Dex maintained our website and some marketing for several years. They've always been a provider and now and we're converting over to YP. We're also switching all of our search engine marketing over to Dex from another vendor. Most of our marketing has been through Hibu and we're getting rid of Hibu to go with DexYP all the way. The new contract is going to be different than what we used before.

I've used their service briefly and their customer service has been good. They’ve been very helpful, knowledgeable and valuable in keeping the website established and re-establishing a new one. But they crashed our gallery when they upgraded our website from an older text website to a newer one. It was originally transferred and when they deleted the old one out of the system, we lost the gallery all the way around and we haven't gotten it rebuilt yet. They just linked the gallery and didn't copy it. But most of the time, DexYP has been effective and easy to work with.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Good morning, Michelle -

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration outlined regarding your account and billing. I'll ensure that we look into this matter at length with hopes of working toward a resolution. We'll be in contact with you soon!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I requested an account cancellation in November 2016 to switch to another source for web service. Thought everything was completed then I received a bill in March. Contacted a source to correct the error and received another bill in May. After contacting another agent, (now granted, I could never get the same contact more than once after I emailed them) I get a collections email from a third party to pay a bill in excess of $500.

I find out today that they have an advertising contract that continued to bill for 12 months when there is no website to advertise on. My favorite part is 'Unfortunately you still have to pay the balance'? Who does that? Why on Earth would I need to advertise if I don't have a website with your company and why would you not disclose this back in 2016 or any of the other times I inquired about this mystery bill? Absolutely the worst company ever and I regret the day I opened my account with this service!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hi Kenneth -

I'm sorry to hear of this matter and your dissatisfaction surrounding your account and service after a month.

I'll have a supervisor look into your concerns and reach out to you with hopes of working toward a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I made the mistake of donating my hard earned money to DexYP around 1 month ago. After receiving several calls from a sales person harassing me while at work, I finally gave one of these parasite salesman a chance. Of course he made every lie that spilled out of his mouth sound good. I made a huge mistake listening to him, because I threw away $160 off my money, with nothing to show. That's right, absolutely zero. Dex took my money with all of their promises, and did nothing. It was admitted by several of their employees, that they "dropped the ball."

Now that I want nothing to do with this company, they refuse to give my money back and say I'm locked in for a year, even though I clearly told the sales person I didn't want a commitment when signing up. Basically what happened here is I paid for a job to be done. Dex did not do what their salesperson promised, at all. Nothing. When I caught on to it, they refuse to refund me for doing nothing. In my opinion and experience, Dex media is a company taking donations to pay their employees to do nothing. That's exactly nothing. Do not trust Dex. Keep your money, unless you want to support Dex's scamming thieving way of doing business. This company is fraudulent, and will do what they can to screw you out of your money. Stay away from this scam.

Sandra -

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you have trusted us to market your business for the last 13 years. Please know that we are always here to help.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I've been a DexYP client for as far back as 2004. They're a company that offers different levels of marketing advertisements for companies that need it and I would recommend them. But I reached out to them recently because I need to cancel my contract. My contract should expire on October 1 and the second one should expire in November. It started out great but as time has changed, I realized this is not a good match because of the growth of my company and what the community wants. In terms of customer service, my experience with them has been fair, but they should improve their efficiency to point us in the right direction based on our concerns.

Denny,

We are so glad that we could help take the load off of you. We understand how overwhelming this can be. We will always be here to help. Thanks for your continued loyalty to DexYP.

Brooke

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I've been with the company for a very long time. I first started off with Verizon and then it went to SuperMedia. And then it became Dex Media. Before then, I had all these other reps and I was paying a thousand some dollars a month and they were robbing me blind with unnecessary things. Then Tom came on and he saved me. He started the website and got me into that. Then Scott took over his territory and the whole experience with him was top of the line. But then, they changed his area and they expected us to do everything over the phone and I can't do that. I would need to work with somebody who'll explain. I was given somebody else and that's when it went downhill again.

For a while there, DexYP made mistakes. They put the wrong times and they said that we were closed seven days a week. I lost business because of it and they only reimbursed me for a couple of months when that had been like that for longer. I wasn't really happy with that and it was a horrible experience, and then I was notified that the rep quit. I specifically asked for Scott again and when they reassigned him to me, everything went really good. He's a very detailed person and he made me feel very comfortable. I felt like everything was going in the right direction and they specifically showed me how my questions and the errors were all corrected.

Scott and I connected with Taylor and Stacey and it has been awesome working with the three of them. I'm one guy doing everything and I work so much that I don't have time to be on top of everything. I would write down the questions that I need to ask so I don't forget, then I would give them the questions and they would have their answers. They helped me out a lot. Plus, I can always reach out to Stacey or Scott and they return my calls immediately. Once I had emailed Stacey to say I don't check my email all the time and to ask if she could just give me a call, and I got my call within that day. I would definitely recommend them, especially to somebody who works a lot and doesn't have time to do Facebook. One of their team members can handle all of it and that really takes a load off of you. At the same time, you know it's being done right so that's a really good feeling.

Hello Mike -

Glad to hear that we have provided you with a great client experience. We hope to keep serving your business the best way we know how.

Brooke

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

There's a law that we have to publicize our contact information in the Vermont directory and working with DexYP has allowed us to be compliant. They provide us with white and yellow page posts and when we've had a correction or two in the past, they've been responsive and easy to deal with. The sales rep sends me my renewals whenever they're needed. We've been pretty hands-off and the experience has been seamless. I'd recommend them highly.

Djerassi,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know we have been of service to your business.

Brooke

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

DexYP knocked on my door and I thought of using them since they're the main directory out there. Their customer service has been okay. They've been responsive any time I've needed assistance or something in terms of the advertising. They advertise on the internet for me and they do the hard page directory advertising on the yellow pages. But they have a hard time reaching out to the advertisers. DexYP is also the kind of company that makes the contact in the beginning then disappear. They do not have a follow-up. And the only time I see them again is at renewal time. Other than those, DexYP services have a major value and their online marketing is the main success story with them.

Hi Bert -

Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences surrounding this matter. I was advised that our Client Care team was able to look into this matter and resolve it to your satisfaction.

Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Bad experience. Attempted to stop revolving contract and thought sending a letter and final check marked final payment/no longer require services to the only address on the bill was enough. Received new bill and upon calling the company (Several attempts and long periods of holding) was told that they do not respond to any mail sent to that address and we would be forced to pay the entire year. Part of the problem also is that the information published is incorrect. We would like to notify the public of the unscrupulous practices of this company. Beware!!! They will take advantage of you and no attempts to stop them will avail.

DexYP

Hi Nicole - I'm sorry to hear of the frustration regarding your account and billing. Chris, in our Client Care Dept advised that he reached out to you via email regarding this matter. Please reply to Chris as he's eager to speak with you or if you prefer a call back, let me know. - Ed

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I cancelled my marketing program with Dex Media on 5/17/17. I received a confirmation letter and everything. Then I get an email on 6/5/17 thanking me for my renewal... WHAT? NO! They continued to debit my account $250 a month in June, July, and now August. I have called repeatedly explaining that I cancelled my services, and they tried to tell me that my contract was up in December 2017. NO, I NEVER RENEWED ANYTHING. At this point all I've gotten is a runaround for months and I have had enough.

Our company does a lot of advertising through DexYP. We have listings in the phone book and it’s been pretty steady. The last representative who I worked with was very helpful and cordial. She assisted in every way that she could to get everything I needed done.

DexYP

Hi Suzzanne - We value your response and are happy to hear that you have been one of our clients for the last 12 years. We will continue to work with you to improve your business.

Original review: July 29, 2017

We’ve been with DexYP for the last 12 years and our associates are always wonderful and personable. Their services work great. We just have the display ads and that’s all we need. Then I get the Dex reports and there’s always some traffic there. I couldn’t recommend DexYP enough.

Good morning, Catherine -

My apologies for this obstacles encountered and any inconvenience as a result. Amanda, on our Client Care team advised that she was able to speak with you and resolve this matter. If you need additional assistance, please let Amanda know.

Ed

Original review: July 28, 2017

As executor of my sister's estate who used Dex Media I have tried multiple times to close her account and still have been unsuccessful. I have now been transferred to the disputes department and have been sent termination of business materials to fill out and also to provide documentation in order to close. This in itself is not a problem, I am fine with filling out forms but what they require borders on the extreme and makes it impossible to close in a timely fashion, while they simply continue to bill on a monthly basis. I must show proof that all phone lines (home, business, cell, etc) and URL's have been discontinued which has taken 5 months just for her office phone because it has taken that long to liquidate her business, but the required proof of final statement will take another month after the disconnect for the statement to arrive. And this is just her office phone.

Then the Dex forms require a notary and a sworn statement that one has not perjured themselves? Requirements for certificates of dissolution? As executor, I have managed and closed all of her accounts save Dex. It's informative that they don't even have an Estate department like every other organization I have dealt with. My only option is disputes? I personally will never use Dex media for my own advertising. I will write back with a status update on how long, if at all, it took to simply close her account because she passed away last February and Dex wants to milk her estate for all it can.

I’ve been with DexYP for years and everything’s working. We renew and renew with them. They’ve always been very nice, helpful, and pleasant to work with. We've been using the display ads but there’s something about marketing that we have to get into this time. Somebody called me the other day to talk with me about it, but I couldn’t understand a word he said. He was very nice, but the accent is so strong that I missed a lot in the translation. I told him I’m inconvenient and I’d talk to him another time, and he or somebody was supposed to call me back.

DexYP

Laurel - Thank you for choosing DexYP to grow your businesses.

Original review: July 23, 2017

We reached out to Dex Media for advertising purposes and to get our name out there. Everything has been good and everyone that I talked to has been friendly.

Mary -

So happy to hear everything has turned out great for you!

Brooke

Original review: July 22, 2017

I wanted to put advertising into the Yellow Pages on my local phonebook. I reached out to Dex and that's the only thing I requested since we're a small local community. And it's perfect. I hear from them once a year to renew my subscription and everything has been really good. I have people who say that they found my name in the Yellow Pages.

Bharat -

Glad to know that we have continued to provide quality service to our clients. We are always here to help!

Brooke

Original review: July 21, 2017

Everything is okay with DexYP. They reached out to us to see if we wanted yellow pages ad. They communicated with us through email and, sometimes, through the phone. Their reps were always professional and were able to answer our questions. Also, the quality of their service is good.

Amir,

I am so glad things worked out well. We appreciate you trusting us to market your business. We are here to help you succeed!

Brooke

Original review: July 20, 2017

I had correspondence with SuperPages which routed me through DexYP. I was trying to get myself listed on SuperPages for a solid month and I was kind of being blocked out. The first rep that had picked up said it was because I'm a locksmith and I can't list myself on SuperPages unless I pay which I thought was off. But it turned out that the rep just didn't communicate well. When I spoke to a supervisor, they had resolved it and got me listed. Everything was sorted from there. They gave me some kind of portion that would typically be paid because of the hardships and the difficulty of getting myself listed. That was awesome. Overall, bad reps happen but I would still recommend DexYP to a friend.

DexYP

Jennifer - Thank you for your response. We work hard to ensure that working with DexYP is a simple and convenient experience. We will continue to service you the best way we know how.

Original review: July 15, 2017

We reached out to DexYP for advertising in the yellow pages. Their customer service was fine and the guy I talked to was very nice so the communication was good. Advertising with Dex was valuable as we still get people from the phone book. Overall, it was a good experience and I would recommend them to a friend.

DexYP Company Profile