Yellow Pages / Dex Media

4.3/5 (268 ratings)

About Thryv

Thryv, Inc. owns the easy-to-use Thryv end-to-end customer experience software built for small business that helps over 40,000 SaaS clients with the daily demands of running a business. With Thryv, they can get the job, manage the job and get credit. Thryv’s award-winning platform provides modernized business functions, allowing small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMB) to reach more customers, stay organized, get paid faster and generate reviews. These include building a digital customer database, automated marketing through email and text, updating business listings across the internet, scheduling online appointments, sending notifications and reminders, managing ratings and reviews, generating estimates and invoices and processing payments.

Pros

• All-in-one management
  • Digital tool integration
  • Easy payment acceptance

Cons

• No costs listed online
  • Short cancellation window

Bottom Line

Thryv is a business management tool that gives you a single platform to deal with finances, customer interactions, social media, calendar syncing and payment options. Your cost depends on your business.

Top Thryv Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Thryv was offered to us by our corporation as part of our franchise buy-in. Once we were set up in it, everything's right there for us to use. It's very easy. Everything's good an...

Verified

Thryv's service is extremely valuable. They've helped out my social media presence and probably net me a client or two extra a month. ... I love their customer service. They are q...

What is Thryv software?

Thryv is an all-in-one business management software program. It provides small business owners with a single platform to handle the essential aspects of running their businesses, such as staying organized, getting paid faster, reaching more customers and generating reviews.

Some of the features that Thryv offers include:

• Customer relationship management
  • Reputation management
  • Sale and payment acceptance
  • Scheduling and appointments
  • Document storage and sharing

This software helps business owners automate tasks, such as social media posting, while keeping focus on the customer, and it comes with 24/7 customer support and flexible training.

There are plans available for three users, eight users and unlimited users. Each plan has features to help you reach customers, get paid, stay organized and generate reviews, but more expensive plans have increased features. There are also add-ons available, including medical privacy security, search engine optimization and Thryv leads.

What does Thryv do?

Thryv helps you focus on customers. The software makes it easier for customers to find you, whether it’s through your social media or company reviews. It also encourages interactions between you and your customers by sending you notifications and reminders when they reach out. Customers can book online, and you can communicate through automated messages.

Thryv also lets you send cost estimates, invoices and receipts, and it can accept credit card payments at competitive rates. Thryv works with PayPal, Venmo, Square and Apple Pay, among other payment processors. It also integrates with QuickBooks and other bookkeeping software to help you keep track of your income and expenses in one place.

Finally, Thryv connects with various other online tools to help you handle every aspect of your business from one platform, including advanced scheduling of social media posts, automated marketing and secure document storage. Complementary tools include WordPress, Zoom, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Square and LinkedIn.

How much does Thryv cost?

Thryv doesn’t list prices online. It offers three separate plans, but the cost of each plan varies based on your needs. Thryv creates a custom proposal based on your business, taking into account its size and projected growth. Thryv has a six-month mandatory subscription term that automatically renews, and you save 5% by choosing semiannual payments.

Thryv offers potential customers a free demo that lets you see if the software works for you before committing.

Thryv FAQ

Is Thryv HIPAA compliant?
Thryv has a HIPAA-compliant add-on that secures your account per federal privacy guidelines.
Can you cancel Thryv?
You can cancel Thryv or its upgrades and add-ons within three days of purchase for a full refund. If you’re outside the cancellation period, you must submit a notice to terminate at least 30 days before the beginning of your next subscription.
What services are available on Thryv?
Thryv offers a variety of business services, including estimates, invoices, scheduling, online booking and automated communications.

Is Thryv worth it?

If you’re a small business owner, Thryv is often worth it. Having all the parts of your business localized on a single platform is convenient, and the software keeps you organized and up to date. It can also increase your online presence and draw customers to your business. However, not everyone appreciates the six-month term with auto-renewal or relatively narrow cancellation window. For most small business owners, though, having social media, appointment booking, bookkeeping and all other aspects of business management in one place is a major benefit.

Thryv Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: June 15, 2021

I got a call from Cheryl and on her call, she wanted to see if we had enough advertisement, or if we needed help with that. And she was like, "I can meet you for coffee." This was before COVID. We scheduled a meeting, and then the whole week, I was like, "Oh, I don't want to go to this meeting." But I ended up showing up.

I decided to go with Thryv because after our meeting, I told the rep I would think about it. And she said, "I'll check back with you in a week." She called me back within a week and she said, "What are your thoughts on it?" I had 2000 questions and she answered all of them. A month went by and she called me. She said, "Can I check back with you in a week?" And then she would call me back and I'd have more questions. I was talking to a couple other people and they would be like, "Oh, you have to go with our company, because this and this and this." And they would call me every day, and I would be like, "Look, I can't take your calls every single day. I already told you I need to think about it." That's one of the main reasons why I felt comfortable. Plus, she just was always going to answer all my questions.

Thryv did our website, we have the software, we did the printed book, and we upgraded our package not too long ago. Thryv is one of the best. It's the best deal that I could find because I get everything in one. I have a separate email system so I do not go through my personal email trying to find messages between customers. Also, my estimates are there, I can create an invoice, I take payments. I can even set up to send text messages, and I can send and receive documents. What more could you need?

Thryv response

Hi Amanda. Cheryl sounds like she did a great job taking care of you and getting you on board with Thryv. It also sounds like it's working and you are happy. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I was looking for a secure client portal that was HIPAA compliant so that when I communicate with my clients, they could upload documents and things. A HIPAA compliant platform is what I was looking for. When I put in HIPAA compliant platforms on the web, Thryv, Salesforce, and some other companies came up. The customer service with Thryv has been really beyond expectation. Thryv does social media for me, which is part of my package. They preset posts to go out monthly to a couple of platforms. They sent me a notice to review them. The content was good, but I wasn't satisfied with some of the photos that didn't represent the diversity of my business. I just responded to their email. Within five minutes, I got a call. They sent me over to a person on their team. She went through every photo with me and changed it while we were on the phone. She also made a note of my concern of the widely representation that I'm looking for.

Thryv has been extremely valuable, especially setting the foundation for the things I need and how it works. I'm still at the point where I'm still working on getting customers. But when I look at the things that I need to do for the customers, as far as the other things like lead magnets, Thryv has the platform in place. When I meet with these companies, they want to sell me different things. I'm like, "I already have that. That's not what I need. I need this." So it's good to know that.

When people go to my website, they see everything on a website, anything they use to contact me that's not my phone number. But when they click on that, that's basically how they communicate with me. I have the Thryv contact form. So, if they don't go in and click a client portal, and they just fill out a contact form, they're still going to Thryv. That's their main line of communication to me, unless they call me. I tend to not want everyone to call. I want them to go through the Thryv portal because it's private. They can communicate a little more effectively on that.

I've told people about Thryv, and they see the price. But with everything that Thryv does, if I was to go to a company for each of those services, I would be paying way more. I was also looking at Decibel and Salesforce. I quickly eliminated them because they were too much, and they couldn't do it. Then there was also another one that therapists use when they have their rooms. I sat through quite a few presentations, and all of them had additional services that could be there if I needed them, but their additional services was a bunch of things that weren't a priority to me. With Thryv, the only thing I think that I'm not taking advantage of right now is them building me a website because I already have my website. But it's good to know that there's a website there that could still be built for other things that I need. And I don't think the website is a big chunk of that price for everything else that I'm getting with them.

When you deal with multiple companies, you're dealing with multiple customer service. But Thryv has 24 hours customer service for me. So whether I go on my platform, chat with them, call them or I respond to an email, someone can always help me. But if it has to deal like with my HIPAA compliant portal, there's a specific team that deals with that with some of those matters.

Since I signed up six months ago, I met with the onboarding person weekly to navigate those things. Then I have a social media team. I've been meeting with that person for like the last several weeks. It's been one on one weekly to walk me through things that's specific to my business. If I have a question, they say, "Well, this is how you do it." Then they give me homework, but they have the hands-on and they’re showing me how it works. They've always been available. In setting up my webpage, I had to do one that was Google, and I messed something up. I texted her and said, "I think I screwed something up." She called and said, "Oh, okay. No. We just have to do this and that." They're very patient and teachable. I feel like I have my own private team as part of my business, which is saving me from hiring employees to do this because I'm paying Thryv to do it.

Thryv response

Karen I'm glad to hear that we are providing excellent service. That's very important to us at Thryv. We work very hard to get our clients trained on the software so that's it's simple and you can use all of the features. Sounds like everything with Thryv is working for you which is fantastic news. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My wife and I have two businesses. We have a preschool. Plus, I have an online print brokerage. She was able to get me set up for both of them. For the school, our goal was to add 24 kids by the end of the year. We also wanted to be able to increase our presence on the web. Our area is relatively new, and there's a lot of families moving there, so we wanted to just be found when somebody says, “Preschools near me. Daycares near me.” Thryv said they could help. Additionally, we wanted to be able to engage with our families and we liked what Thryv offered in terms of the social media. Whether it was the planning aspect, postings, I really liked that about it for our preschool business. On the print side, I like the ability to engage my clients and then do everything through Thryv, from the email blast to uploading files, and downloading.

Josie is my main contact. She helps me and she always replies back to me immediately if I ever have a question or when I had shared my concerns. I always feel like she's an advocate of ours. She always takes that and raises it up to whoever needs to and they try to figure out some things. Then there was Jessica that I've worked with on the website build side. She helped me with the print side as well. When I ask her to make some changes or do some things on our website, she does an awesome job of setting it up for me.

Then one guy called me and talked to me about the digital aspect of their business, of doing SEOs helping to promote our business. We signed up for that additional service. However, that has not worked well at all. We haven't gotten any response out of it. We've been tracking all the clients that we're getting and everybody is just word of mouth, or somebody drove by. We're not getting anybody from the internet in terms of searching the area and finding us. Also, I don't understand how the structure is. The silence is deafening when the guy who said that this is the greatest thing in the world never follows up to make sure that it works. Maybe that's how the company is set up. But we've been really pleased with their basic service.

Thryv response

Maher, it sounds like Thryv is working well for you with the social media, email blasts, etc. We are happy to have you as a client and value your business. Thank you again.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

We've been using Thryv since March. It’s a very good program. You can do a lot with it as a business owner. The hit and miss is the personal contact with Thryv themselves recently. Originally, we had great communication back and forth with their representative. Now, the back office support system kind of missed some things. It looked like the right hand was doing something the left hand didn't have any clue about. But they would generally get it up and running.

We still have Thryv and we're going to continue with it. They have great tutorials and I like that but they still leave me hanging there with having to practice it over and over again before it becomes something I'm used to. The problem there is I've got to hire somebody to do that because I have enough on my plate. What is the point of having a great system unless it's running for you and not up to you to learn a new trick? I have put in with a person who is on support who you zoom with and I missed the call with them. Their link would not take me to them. Within 15 minutes, they were gone. I called them but they were not answering the phone. I was a little upset.

The only thing I've received back is a follow-up email saying, "We missed your appointment. Let's reschedule," even though I sent them an email and a text whenever I could. I asked to speak to somebody in the organization and I need to iron this out so that I can continue to use my great system that I pay more than $350 a month for. It seems to be up to me to chase them and that was not how it was told to me at all when we signed on. I was told that my representative who is familiar with the system would be checking in on me. On the upswing, for the most part, Thryv has helped our business.

Thryv response

Michael we've tried reaching out to you several times and can't seem to get in touch with you. We want to make sure you get the service you need and are able to speak with someone that can assist you. Can you please email me at thryvreplies@thryv.com and let me know a good contact number and/or email. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Everything is going really good. I'm getting more and more into the software of it every day. I truly enjoy posting to my social media now. The service has increased our social media traffic by about 45% to 55%. Using Thryv has helped us, especially on our liquor store side. Within three months, we grew from about 20 followers to right around 200 followers now. So it's been tremendous for announcing sales. It's worked really well. Right now, I'm kind of working on the inside here to integrate our POND database with the Thryv software, and then we could start using more of the features such as text alerts and email alerts, and that's something our customers really like as far as courtesy calls and whatnot on loan dates.

At the time that Thryv walked in, I was already in charge of the social media. So I was managing Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter one by one, and that was kind of a nightmare. But now, we have a big sale coming up real soon, and I already have my post scheduled to launch about a week before to kinda drum up the business and then pull people in. It's been really good. I was probably putting in about 20 hours or more a week on social media, and now, I'm right around down to eight, and that's really me just goofing around with stuff and trying things out.

Seeing what the software will do for me and seeing what results and what displays, I've been extremely happy with it. It's been one of the best digital tools I've used in a long time. Thryv's reps are great. Right now, we're working on trying to get our commercial done. The guys are really good about keeping me on my toes and getting my dates going and making sure they stay in touch with me as far as where we're at with things. They've been great to work with. The thing I like the most is that they're always available. I've called them up a few times, and they've been traveling, and if they don't answer me right away, they usually return my call within an hour. Anything I had concerns with got corrected right away or I was instructed on how to correct it or make the change.

Thryv response

Joe this is excellent news. It's great to hear that Thryv is helping your business and that you are getting value from the software. At Thryv, we strive to have great customer service and it sounds like we're doing that for you. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I use Thryve for a product-based business that I'm building. Jeffrey has been working with me and he's been awesome and so patient. I really had no idea what I was jumping into. I love Jeff. But I've been spending a lot of money on Thryv and I'm not making any money from them. They have all these wonderful campaigns but they're not specific to me. It’s generic health and wellness, but it doesn’t point anybody back to my website so they can buy my product. I have them set up three days a week and there are four different platforms - each one requires me to go in and manually adjust it every time. It’s time-consuming and I haven't been able to keep up with that. They could provide that service. Other than that, customer service is awesome. If I ever need anything, I can either go to the chat and somebody will be there or I can set up a meeting real easy for one-on-one. That's what's keeping me in the game.

Thryv response

Susan, at Thryv our number one priority is our client experience and it's great to hear that Jeffrey is delivering that for you. We value your partnership and thank you for your business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I signed up with Thryv for a 6 month contract - a big part of that contract were two key things. 1) Keep my same phone number in all online advertising; 2) Do not record any calls that come into our office. From day one they have failed, and do both of the above. Despite my many complaints, they have not honored their end of the agreement. Since they refused to honor their end of the agreement, I wanted to cancel immediately. They of course do not care about their end of the agreement, but said, "Tough. You still need to pay for 6 months." So I have been paying for something to which they have never fulfilled their end of the bargain. There are much better online providers who are honest and genuine. There is one person who works there who tried to advocate for me and agreed they should have stopped billing, but obviously the dollar is the controlling factor not integrity or customer service.

Thryv response

My apologies for the issues you are having. I did pass along your information to our Executive Client Care team and they have been trying to reach you. They did leave you a phone number and an email address so that we can try to resolve this issue for you. You can always reach out to me at thryvreplies@thryv.com if you would like. We appreciate your business and hope we can come to a resolution.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

They did a website for us and some SEO stuff. Their options are a little interesting. Some of the stuff is they have to use stock photos versus your own stuff.

Thryv response

Hi Bryan. Thank you for your business. Thryv has many features for you to take advantage of. It sounds like you are definitely taking advantage of the website. If you decide you want to use more of the features, just reach out to us. We're here to help.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Thryv helped me get boost up in Google on my listing. It's been very helpful. They're very good at helping the advertising on the Google site, and they did excellent on the website building.

Thryv response

John we appreciate your business and glad to hear that Thryv is helping your business. It's also great to know that we did a good job with your website. We know that is very important for you.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I was with Gannett, which was doing Thryv for me, and they were doing a terrible job. I discovered through Lisa, who was my YP person, that I could use Thryv by myself. She showed me all the automated postings that I could do. I like the fact that they had all these different postings for golf and for resort that I could choose from or accept or replay. All I needed to do was upload a photo and change a few words. It stimulated my creativity.

With Thryv, I can look and see how many clicks and calls we had, except for my Facebook postings. I've never seen one of my ads on social media. I'm not that heavy of a user of social media, but I expected to see one of my ads by this time. It's been nine months. I've considered stopping the service for a few months to see if I can see what the difference is. Also, the postings are always facts and they're not very personable. So I would request more personable type postings. Another thing that I've told them was that when I go into one of their pre-made posts to add a photo or change some words, I have go into the Facebook and Google accounts. I'd really love it if I could just go into one and have them both updated because it's time-consuming. Also, a good addition to their service is if we could do an ad on Words with Friends.

Thryv response

Suzanne, first thank you for your business. Thryv has many features and it sounds like you are using some of them but not all. Would you like me to have someone reach out to you and show you the other features and also address your concerns on Google and Facebook? We are here to help and want to make sure you see the benefit of the software. Please reach out to me at thryvreplies@thryv.com if you would like me to get you with someone to assist.

Thryv Company Information