ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.90/5

Thryv, Inc. supports more than 400,000 local businesses across the U.S. with small business software Thryv and Thryv Leads. The company’s cutting-edge technologies connect small businesses with their target consumers and help them manage their day-to-day work. The company also provides print and online directories The Real Yellow Pages, including 25 million monthly visitors to yellowpages.com, Superpages.com and DexKnows.com.

Thryv, Inc. helps businesses manage their work easier and get found fast, wherever consumers are searching.

Thryv Video
Thryv Gallery (4)
View More View More

Thryv Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was a little bit concerned about the way that the technology works nowadays and I was looking to be on the web map so we decided to go through Thryv. I have been with them probably since about six months ago and so far, it has been really helpful because of all the administrative tools that the Thryv platform gives us. It makes things simpler and easier. They also put me down on the web map. The membership is very affordable too. However, there is a little simple thing that we don’t like about the scheduling on the platform. I raised that we cannot add any kind of comments on the scheduled dates. So, we have to do it completely apart and go to the scheduling or the customer data. But that’s the only thing that I will say could be fixed.

Given the times that I have interactions with the Thryv members, it has been really cool. They were always very helpful in all the concerns that we had, specifically at the beginning. If I try to contact to do questions to the person who was the first to reach out to present to me what Thryv is, she is always very accessible and always there to help us out.

Thryv response

Hi Roberto, I'm so glad to hear that Thryv has been helpful for you and your business. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Matt S.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Raven was my contact from Thryv and she came over here, gave me a presentation on what Thryv could do for my business, and I decided to give it a try. I had an excellent experience when we were getting everything set up, we were having weekly setups until we got everything going with the website. The main thing I use Thryv for, for the most part, is with the social media and handling the stuff that automatically goes on that. But sometimes with the online competition things, I don’t use it for the payments because of the rate that gets charged. It’s much less when I go through their demo, or they come in and use their cards here at the shop. The main thing is just the convenience of getting everything out there as quickly as possible, and the biggest thing was how fantastic they did on the website.

Working with them has an indefinite impact, because of the fact that we’re staying out in front of my marketing base, people have made comments about some of the stuff that Thryv’s putting in along with the stuff that I have pushed onto my social media platform using Thryv as the pusher when I go onto it and download the picture and push myself a size where they’ve got set up for the month. The business, it’s improved. I was doing it before but it’s made a definite difference.

Thryv response

Hi Ernie, thank you so much for sharing. It sounds like Thryv has really helped you focus on what you need to, and I'm happy to hear that. Thank you for your business, we wish you continued success.

Matt S.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I went with DexKnows back in 2011 when I had a wash window cleaning service, but I closed that business down. I'm now on my third business and I went with Thryv because first time I went with DexKnows, I got about 30 calls and I wound up getting about 19 to 20. I went with DexYP too, but I never got calls. In 2013, more people are looking at phone book. Now, it’s the internet these days. But so far, I've had one scam email from somebody overseas who was supposed to give me the keys to apartment or a house that I'm supposed to go clean. I took it upfront and I went to pay the Realtor too. And I've not receive anything yet. I was trying to see what their endgame was on this. It was too sweet of a deal.

So far, the business is slow. It's the wrong time of the year. I know this area like the back of my hand. People ain't picking up phone books or looking at phone directories. I just got a call 15 minutes ago from a person who wants me to pay $130 a month to put me on 60 directories and all over search engines, and lead finders. I don't do that. I find my own leads. I'm old-fashioned. It's time to get back to the basics, the word-of-mouth and face-to-face. All this technology screws and goes down. When the power grid goes out, everybody is gonna be confused.

I've looked at my coupons and they don't have picture. I don't know how to put them up because I'm doing everything from my mobile phone. I don't have a PC, so the deals I'm offering, I just have a tag there. I don't have a picture. So far, things have always been good. I’ve got three deals going on so I wish they could put a picture. They can dig them out from my website. It’s on Google. If they put a picture with it, it would help me a bit. But I don’t know if they could do that. I’m paying for one phonebook right now and I’m getting one county. It's a big county. It’s got two major cities and it’s got the local airport, the airport that gets to plane the President if he wanted to. I'm a bit late on the payments this month. But so far, anything I’ve asked them to do, they've done. They responded very well.

But the only thing I really got a B-minus for Thryv was the email shows an advertisement. The lady said she bought a house in Bungle, Tennessee and offered to work three days a week. I couldn't meet her. She wants me to take her keys, and pay for a Realtor. I went to the bank and checked it out. I have to be licensed in the state of Tennessee to sell property. And I told her, “I’ll go check this property out.” And I’ve not heard anything back. I’ve not seen the keys yet. So I don’t know if that was a scam.

HomeAdvisor and Charter called me and they were soliciting calls because I have a service number. I’m getting so scared, I've only been making so much a year. If I go $1,100 over, I have to report that because I don't make that much. I've done three gardens in May, I got $120 this year, so next year isn't looking too great. But I’m paying them.

Original review: May 3, 2019

DexYP is one of these things that I do and I just let it roll. I’m so busy doing so many other things so I can’t track back how much we’re getting from that. I have questioned whether or not to stay in the phone book. The online presence is great but other than that, much of our work comes from word of mouth and we receive constant emails and notices about construction projects. So, we do not rely much at all on the YP advertising, other than if a homeowner is looking for some materials and that kind of thing. Our focus is mostly commercial and a lot of that is fed to us through the general contractors. On one of my shelves, I’ve got six different paper phone books and I can’t tell the last time I picked one up. I asked people if they use a phone book and they said no. Nobody uses them anymore. If nobody is looking at it, the question is if I wanna be in there.

The customer service staff are always friendly and very professional. If I have issues, they take care of it. It works and everybody is happy. If it’s not broken, I’m not worried about it. There are other things that are breaking that I gotta pay attention to. It’s like insurance. You wanna be taken care of well while you’ve got it and then when something happens, you wanna be able to look back and say that you’ve got it, which is the same thing with DexYP. When somebody calls and says that they saw us online, that’s great. It’s not very often at all that I can go back and ask how they found us. It’s usually that they found us on our website, which we’re in the process of revamping. Very rarely do I hear that they found us in the phonebook. Nevertheless, DexYP has always been great.

Thryv response

Thank you for your business, Chris, we really do appreciate it.

Matt S.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

As long as we’ve had phone book advertising, we’ve been a client of whoever DexYP was. They've been doing yellow page and digital advertising for us. We communicate with customer service via email which was my choice. They are very responsive and they send me a monthly update. If there is anything else I need, I can reach out or contact them. Many of our services are referral-based, so we don’t really need advertising, but we have it there just as a formality sort of thing.

Once upon a time, we were solely yellow pages but they were very helpful in helping us consolidate our advertising. We are primarily referral-based and we are nonprofit and spending the money on the yellow pages was very costly, so DexYP worked us through a more cost-efficient product. I appreciated that. Plus, they weren’t trying to upsell us. We were very frank with our needs and that was after 20 plus years of very pricey yellow page advertising statewide and multiple ads. We started paying attention and looking into the cost and realizing that it really wasn’t cost-effective for us because we didn’t need advertising per se, but they were very helpful in identifying a product that would work for our needs.

We have a very easy relationship with DexYP. We keep it pretty much the same year to year. Every now and then, they reach out and have a question about some of our services to see if they can augment or just tweak the way the keyword searches however technically it is that works. So, I can tell that there is somebody paying attention to our account and reaching out to us and asking questions. They are working to make sure we are getting the best bang for our buck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

DexYP/Thryv conducts itself poorly and dishonest while having you signup for their service. They have you sign a service contract for 12 months while verbally telling you that you are able to cancel at any time. When you try and cancel they enforce the service contract unless you have record that the sales person told you that you could cancel. Ultimately, any company that allows their sales associates to conduct themselves in a dishonest way should (in my opinion) be avoided.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Thryv is garbage and I wouldn't recommend them to my competition. You can never get anyone from the US on the phone and quite frankly they've cost me more money than the benefit of using them. Buyer beware!

Thryv response

Hi Catherine, I am very sorry about your experience. I've escalated this to our Executive Care team, they should be in touch with you within one business day. They will want to know more about your experience and find out if we can make it right. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. ^Matt S.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I've been in business for over 20 years and have worked with many marketing companies, it doesn't always work which is trial and error, no harm in trying. My experience with Danielle at Thryv is the first to actually make me write a negative review because I honestly do want to see every business succeed, but I totally feel like they tricked me into signing a one year contract, when I thought I was signing for a one month trial. Shame on me for not reading everything, shame on them for using this tactic to sucker clients and NOT EVEN provide any kind of valuable service. Really awful and desperate.

Thryv response

Hello Vivian, I'm very sorry for your experience. I've escalated your message to our Executive Care Team, I'm sure they would like to know more and assist with getting this resolved. Thank you for taking the time to detail this, somebody from the team will be in touch with you shortly.

Matt S.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I thought I was buying software to serve as a client portal, where clients could get documents, register and pay for classes and also where I could manage my online presence. It was supposed to be $59 per month. When I actually got the software set up, the ONLY thing it allowed me to do was to manage online presence in dozens of arcane sites. The portal feature wasn't available and I also couldn't collect payments via even a PayPal button. When I contacted the company they said different things each time I contacted them but eventually it turned out that to get THOSE features, I'd have to "upgrade" and pay $199 per month! I said I want to cancel, and their response was "understood," however they refused to cancel and now every month I get a $59 charge for nothing (I'm not using their software at all).

I've sent them certified mail and called the bank repeatedly. Each month the charge is "temporarily removed" while the bank does more research, and then I get charged again the next month. It's beyond infuriating. Thryv has me on the hook, I'll be canceling the monthly charge every month for the coming year apparently. The salesperson was so convincing, the software sounded so great, and I think even the salesman didn't realize that he was selling me a product that the company would not be delivering, but was delivering only in part. You get your annual subscription, $59 per month and then get forced to upgrade to $199 if you want to get the thing you were sold. I will continue to fight it every month.

Thryv response

Hi Jenny, I'm so sorry about your experience, I would like to help. After reading your message, I have escalated it to our Executive Care Team. They will reach out to you shortly and try to get this resolved. Thank you for taking the time to share this, and again I am very sorry for your experience.

Matt S.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

My company has been with Dex Media online marketing for about 4 years. I put my total trust in them and never questioned if they had my best interest in mind because they were the professionals and I had my hands full running all the other aspects of my business. About 6 months ago I hired a person to take on many of my office tasks and follow up on the areas I had been neglecting. She started getting suspicious on how our PPC was being handled.

Over the past two months we have been lied to multiple times, uncovering several discrepancies in their stories. When they discovered we weren't going to roll over and give up, they now refuse to respond to emails or phone calls. They even double billed our account last month and won't credit the amount back to our credit card. Customer Care won't even respond as they've promised. I have been spending $18,000 per year with them and couldn't be more disappointed. This is my 40th year in business and have never treated a customer so poorly.

Thryv response

Hi Art, I am so sorry to hear about all of this. I have escalated this to our Executive Care team to try to get this resolved. They will certainly want to hear more about the issues you have been experiencing, they should be in touch with you within one business day. Thank you for your years of business, and again, I'm very sorry about this. ^Matt S.

Thryv Company Information