Yellow Pages / Dex Media

4.3/5 (264 ratings)

About Thryv

Thryv, Inc. owns the easy-to-use Thryv end-to-end customer experience software built for small business that helps over 40,000 SaaS clients with the daily demands of running a business. With Thryv, they can get the job, manage the job and get credit. Thryv’s award-winning platform provides modernized business functions, allowing small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMB) to reach more customers, stay organized, get paid faster and generate reviews. These include building a digital customer database, automated marketing through email and text, updating business listings across the internet, scheduling online appointments, sending notifications and reminders, managing ratings and reviews, generating estimates and invoices and processing payments.

Pros

• All-in-one management
  • Digital tool integration
  • Easy payment acceptance

Cons

• No costs listed online
  • Short cancellation window

Bottom Line

Thryv is a business management tool that gives you a single platform to deal with finances, customer interactions, social media, calendar syncing and payment options. Your cost depends on your business.

Top Thryv Reviews

Verified

Thryv was offered to us by our corporation as part of our franchise buy-in. Once we were set up in it, everything's right there for us to use. It's very easy. Everything's good an...

Verified

Thryv's service is extremely valuable. They've helped out my social media presence and probably net me a client or two extra a month. ... I love their customer service. They are q...

What is Thryv software?

Thryv is an all-in-one business management software program. It provides small business owners with a single platform to handle the essential aspects of running their businesses, such as staying organized, getting paid faster, reaching more customers and generating reviews.

Some of the features that Thryv offers include:

• Customer relationship management
  • Reputation management
  • Sale and payment acceptance
  • Scheduling and appointments
  • Document storage and sharing

This software helps business owners automate tasks, such as social media posting, while keeping focus on the customer, and it comes with 24/7 customer support and flexible training.

There are plans available for three users, eight users and unlimited users. Each plan has features to help you reach customers, get paid, stay organized and generate reviews, but more expensive plans have increased features. There are also add-ons available, including medical privacy security, search engine optimization and Thryv leads.

What does Thryv do?

Thryv helps you focus on customers. The software makes it easier for customers to find you, whether it’s through your social media or company reviews. It also encourages interactions between you and your customers by sending you notifications and reminders when they reach out. Customers can book online, and you can communicate through automated messages.

Thryv also lets you send cost estimates, invoices and receipts, and it can accept credit card payments at competitive rates. Thryv works with PayPal, Venmo, Square and Apple Pay, among other payment processors. It also integrates with QuickBooks and other bookkeeping software to help you keep track of your income and expenses in one place.

Finally, Thryv connects with various other online tools to help you handle every aspect of your business from one platform, including advanced scheduling of social media posts, automated marketing and secure document storage. Complementary tools include WordPress, Zoom, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Square and LinkedIn.

How much does Thryv cost?

Thryv doesn’t list prices online. It offers three separate plans, but the cost of each plan varies based on your needs. Thryv creates a custom proposal based on your business, taking into account its size and projected growth. Thryv has a six-month mandatory subscription term that automatically renews, and you save 5% by choosing semiannual payments.

Thryv offers potential customers a free demo that lets you see if the software works for you before committing.

Thryv FAQ

Is Thryv HIPAA compliant?
Thryv has a HIPAA-compliant add-on that secures your account per federal privacy guidelines.
Can you cancel Thryv?
You can cancel Thryv or its upgrades and add-ons within three days of purchase for a full refund. If you’re outside the cancellation period, you must submit a notice to terminate at least 30 days before the beginning of your next subscription.
What services are available on Thryv?
Thryv offers a variety of business services, including estimates, invoices, scheduling, online booking and automated communications.

Is Thryv worth it?

If you’re a small business owner, Thryv is often worth it. Having all the parts of your business localized on a single platform is convenient, and the software keeps you organized and up to date. It can also increase your online presence and draw customers to your business. However, not everyone appreciates the six-month term with auto-renewal or relatively narrow cancellation window. For most small business owners, though, having social media, appointment booking, bookkeeping and all other aspects of business management in one place is a major benefit.

Thryv Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: March 5, 2021

I was looking for a secure client portal that was HIPAA compliant so that when I communicate with my clients, they could upload documents and things. A HIPAA compliant platform is what I was looking for. When I put in HIPAA compliant platforms on the web, Thryv, Salesforce, and some other companies came up. The customer service with Thryv has been really beyond expectation. Thryv does social media for me, which is part of my package. They preset posts to go out monthly to a couple of platforms. They sent me a notice to review them. The content was good, but I wasn't satisfied with some of the photos that didn't represent the diversity of my business. I just responded to their email. Within five minutes, I got a call. They sent me over to a person on their team. She went through every photo with me and changed it while we were on the phone. She also made a note of my concern of the widely representation that I'm looking for.

Thryv has been extremely valuable, especially setting the foundation for the things I need and how it works. I'm still at the point where I'm still working on getting customers. But when I look at the things that I need to do for the customers, as far as the other things like lead magnets, Thryv has the platform in place. When I meet with these companies, they want to sell me different things. I'm like, "I already have that. That's not what I need. I need this." So it's good to know that.

When people go to my website, they see everything on a website, anything they use to contact me that's not my phone number. But when they click on that, that's basically how they communicate with me. I have the Thryv contact form. So, if they don't go in and click a client portal, and they just fill out a contact form, they're still going to Thryv. That's their main line of communication to me, unless they call me. I tend to not want everyone to call. I want them to go through the Thryv portal because it's private. They can communicate a little more effectively on that.

I've told people about Thryv, and they see the price. But with everything that Thryv does, if I was to go to a company for each of those services, I would be paying way more. I was also looking at Decibel and Salesforce. I quickly eliminated them because they were too much, and they couldn't do it. Then there was also another one that therapists use when they have their rooms. I sat through quite a few presentations, and all of them had additional services that could be there if I needed them, but their additional services was a bunch of things that weren't a priority to me. With Thryv, the only thing I think that I'm not taking advantage of right now is them building me a website because I already have my website. But it's good to know that there's a website there that could still be built for other things that I need. And I don't think the website is a big chunk of that price for everything else that I'm getting with them.

When you deal with multiple companies, you're dealing with multiple customer service. But Thryv has 24 hours customer service for me. So whether I go on my platform, chat with them, call them or I respond to an email, someone can always help me. But if it has to deal like with my HIPAA compliant portal, there's a specific team that deals with that with some of those matters.

Since I signed up six months ago, I met with the onboarding person weekly to navigate those things. Then I have a social media team. I've been meeting with that person for like the last several weeks. It's been one on one weekly to walk me through things that's specific to my business. If I have a question, they say, "Well, this is how you do it." Then they give me homework, but they have the hands-on and they’re showing me how it works. They've always been available. In setting up my webpage, I had to do one that was Google, and I messed something up. I texted her and said, "I think I screwed something up." She called and said, "Oh, okay. No. We just have to do this and that." They're very patient and teachable. I feel like I have my own private team as part of my business, which is saving me from hiring employees to do this because I'm paying Thryv to do it.

Thryv response

Karen I'm glad to hear that we are providing excellent service. That's very important to us at Thryv. We work very hard to get our clients trained on the software so that's it's simple and you can use all of the features. Sounds like everything with Thryv is working for you which is fantastic news. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My wife and I have two businesses. We have a preschool. Plus, I have an online print brokerage. She was able to get me set up for both of them. For the school, our goal was to add 24 kids by the end of the year. We also wanted to be able to increase our presence on the web. Our area is relatively new, and there's a lot of families moving there, so we wanted to just be found when somebody says, “Preschools near me. Daycares near me.” Thryv said they could help. Additionally, we wanted to be able to engage with our families and we liked what Thryv offered in terms of the social media. Whether it was the planning aspect, postings, I really liked that about it for our preschool business. On the print side, I like the ability to engage my clients and then do everything through Thryv, from the email blast to uploading files, and downloading.

Josie is my main contact. She helps me and she always replies back to me immediately if I ever have a question or when I had shared my concerns. I always feel like she's an advocate of ours. She always takes that and raises it up to whoever needs to and they try to figure out some things. Then there was Jessica that I've worked with on the website build side. She helped me with the print side as well. When I ask her to make some changes or do some things on our website, she does an awesome job of setting it up for me.

Then one guy called me and talked to me about the digital aspect of their business, of doing SEOs helping to promote our business. We signed up for that additional service. However, that has not worked well at all. We haven't gotten any response out of it. We've been tracking all the clients that we're getting and everybody is just word of mouth, or somebody drove by. We're not getting anybody from the internet in terms of searching the area and finding us. Also, I don't understand how the structure is. The silence is deafening when the guy who said that this is the greatest thing in the world never follows up to make sure that it works. Maybe that's how the company is set up. But we've been really pleased with their basic service.

Thryv response

Maher, it sounds like Thryv is working well for you with the social media, email blasts, etc. We are happy to have you as a client and value your business. Thank you again.

Rebecca B.

Original review: July 27, 2020

The owner of Money Mailer told me about Thryv. He and the representative know each other and the Money Mailer thought it would be a good idea for me to touch base with them and see if they could help our business. Thryv has three different packages and I took the lower package for 199. It offers 20 different services such as instant text messaging to your clients, being able to send them receipts and a CRM system that holds the data that you put into it. Those were some of the services that really caught my attention to help me streamline the business. There are a few other things that I haven't used yet but I know are there.

Thryv makes us look more professional. We set the appointment and the Thryv software sends out three text messages as reminders to the client. That has been helpful. Clients have shared with me that they like that we send them reminders and all of this is being done without me having to always remember to do that. It just automatically does it so I'm very appreciative. I also have the ability to send them receipts once the services are done so, it’s good although they can only receive the receipt via email. In today's time, everybody doesn't wanna give out their emails because they're tired of getting spam mail. I would love to be able to send my clients a receipt via text and I have not been able to do that.

Also, when I first started, I used my mobile phone a lot because I'm in the field. I'm not in front of a laptop at the office so at the beginning, I was constantly calling the office asking how the service works on the mobile side. The gentleman who signed me up and the backup team that was assigned to me in case I had any questions were knowledgeable on how to operate the system from a desktop or laptop perspective but when I called in, the knowledge of the support team on how to operate the mobile device was very limited. I had to ask questions and they would have to hang up and call me back a day or two later. They always called me back and I'm very thankful for that, but they didn't know. They would tell me that they weren’t sure how that operates and they would need to find out. It sounds like more training will be needed from the mobile aspect. They got it done but it took a while.

Thryv response

Michael we're very glad to hear that Thryv is helping streamline your business. We appreciate you being a client and thank you for the nice review.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Everything is going great with Thryv except I’m trying to figure out what I need to manage to make sure my reviews get responses. I put in a request yesterday because it seems like only part of our reviews are being responded to. And that’s fine, but I need to know what game I’m playing here. I was under the impression at the beginning that any review that was posted was going to be picked up with a response, and I wasn’t gonna have to worry about it. It seems like only some of them are. So, then yesterday, when I was on chat with someone, they said that it’s because only ones that go through Thryv are getting picked up. I said, “Okay, so if the customer goes straight to Google, you guys don’t answer it?” She said, “No, that’s not necessarily true either.” She said she'd get back to me on what that is. Everything that I’m using so far is really good.

We were with a major marketing firm right before we switched over to Thryv, and our rep worked with Thryv, formerly Dex, but before that, he worked with Yellow Pages. So, he’s had an established relationship with their owner for 14 years. I was ready to cancel everything last year, and I wanted to be done with our mega marketing one. I had figured out other ones that I was going to use. I sat down with our rep because he was doing Yellow Pages, and he also had to do some of the Yelp stuff. I was ready to get rid of the Yelp altogether. So, I went into the meeting ready to tell him to go away. Then I was telling him about everything and the frustrations that I was having with Yelp and with the different things, and that Yelp, for our business, was doing what it needed to do.

He started talking to me about how Yellow Pages is different. Then he started talking to me about Thryv. He gave me a demo on Thryv. He sat down and he went over everything with me. And because we were switching our website, whoever managed our website was being switched too. It was a really good trade for us especially because it gave it such a hands-on feel. So, even though we had people helping us and doing things for us and guiding us, we also could do things on our own. That was a big thing. He sold me that day, and I ended up just doing that. It’s been a really good change.

Hi Kellie,

I'm happy to hear that Thryv is working for you. If someone doesn't respond to your question promptly as promised, please email me at thryvreplies.com. We want to ensure all of your questions are answered and your able to use Thryv.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I saw Thryv at a little mini trade show and spoke with them there. Then I talked to a friend of mine who uses them. I'm using it for invoicing and estimating at this point right now. The guy who set me up with the program was great. I really like him. When I called to talk to somebody during the day about some issue I had, I should have called him. But I called just their customer service number, and I wasn't super happy with that. It was just okay. The lady whom I was talking to was nice enough but just didn't tell me anything. She was telling me to delete the app, and then re-upload the app, which I did. But it didn't really seem to solve it. If she would have walked me through a little bit more at that moment, I might have been happier with the end result. But it took me like a day to figure it out. That wasn't too great. I just didn't like the way she talked.

She was fine. I was in a bad mood because I couldn't get that damn app to work and I was trying to get an invoice out to this lady at her house before I left. I told her, "Hold on." But it just would not go. I think that was just operator error, that's why I called them so they could say, "Are you doing this or that and that?" She was like, "It's working fine on my end. So, just delete it." I think it's because I'm not super versed on that app. Every time I go to it, I have to relearn it basically. But I have liked the end product. It has helped me. It's a cool little program. I recommended it to people.

My program is super simple, but it's really outdated. I wanted to switch over to something more online than this. But it could be just my old ways. If I was a first-time user and never had anything else, it might be awesome. I'd be like, "Wow, this is great." But it could have a little more user-friendly interface. It is good, but there could be a slight bit of simplicity added to it, another button to click.

Thryv response

Hi Mark. I'm glad that Thryv seems to be working for you now and that we made it difficult for you in the beginning. Sounds like things are going better now and we're happy to have you as a client.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 12, 2021

The social media part with Thryv has been great although I haven’t utilized it as much as I could. A lot of times, I see generic photos and sometimes, work that's not ours, which concerns me a little bit. We've sent photos to them to use and I would like to use our own photos in social media posts. But overall, Thryv has been very easy and initially, they walked me through it. It made a lot of sense.

Thryv response

Alex, we're glad to know that overall Thryv is working for your business. We strive to make sure our clients understand the software and that's it's easy to understand. Glad to know we delivered on that for you. We value you as a client and appreciate your business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 10, 2021

We had have nothing but problems with DexYP since we started with them a few years ago. We were conned into thinking we NEEDED to use them to be in the phone book. We cancelled the service in October of 2020, they only cancelled the phone book, not the online. I called at the end of the year as were still getting bills. I have returned the bills to them clearly stating that we cancelled the service.

I called again at the beginning of April, spoke to a man name Chris. He said it was going to be cancelled and we were good. Well, they sent another bill on May 1st with additional charges on it. I called again today and they said they had no record of me canceling it until April. That is a flat out lie, as I did contact them. In reading the reviews for them online now, I can see that they have scammed most everyone that has dealt with them. I want the charges removed, and they refuse.

Kim,

Its unfortunate you are having this issue. I'm going to personally have someone reach out to you from our Executive Client Care group so that we can see if we can get this resolved. Please stay in touch with me at thryvreplies@thryv.com if you don't hear from someone in the next 24 hours. We appreciate you and we will do our best to resolve this for you.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 5, 2021

We want to use Thryv for marketing and to send out things to the customers. We can't really load all our contacts in there. We're having difficulty because Thryv is all set up. Unless you're some kind of tech savvy person and you know how to set it up, it works out well. But we don't. We have over 3000 customers. Someone tried to show us how to do the set up and it is a lot. There needs to be conversion of work easier to get our customers into the Thryv system. That's the only thing I don't like.

I have this whole column here. That's the inbox, calendar, client sales document, and I only use social content part. I love that I can go in there and pre-post things because I do more than just social media for my dad. That helps out. Customer service-wise, everyone that helped me has been good. There's Olivia who my dad had been dealing with for years with the ad and the book. Olivia started off well but then she got us in and it was, "Bye." She said she reached out to me when they had new stuff out but she didn't.

Thryv response

Saritza, it sounds like Thryv is working for you and that is great news. It does appear we need to get you some more training on how to import your customers. If you would like me to help you get set up for that, please reach out to me at thryvreplies@thryv.com. We want to ensure all of our clients get the training needed to use their software. We value you as a client and appreciate your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I signed up for Thryv because it had like the text messaging offer and communicating with customers through their web chat. They also have this platform, but I gotta put up the content on my own. Thryv will help you set things up. But they could do more classes and more training because some things are a little bit hard to figure out. We're trying to do like a text campaign or an email campaign, and I talked to one of the tech support people over at Thryv. When you copy a campaign and you send it out, the email changes, but it doesn't change the text. It sends out the same text message as the previous message. It doesn't update. Also, we have two Google My Business for two locations. I wanna be able to post on both locations at the same time when we do like a Facebook and Instagram. Google My Business can only post to one Google My Business.

Thryv response

Hi Eddie. Thank you for your business and we appreciate you working with us. We're glad you decided to use the software. It sounds like you may still have a few questions on how to do certain things. We are always available to assist. If you would like me to help set up more training for you, please reach out to me at thryvreplies@thryv.com. Your business is important to us and we are here to help.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Through a chance meeting with my mother-in-law, the salesman for Thryv found my business and came and met with me. It was something that we needed at the time, so I went ahead and made the deal. I liked everything. But at the time, I liked the social media and the website aspect of it. We didn't have a website. I don't have a lot of time and I'm really bad at the whole social media marketing. Having them kind of creates content and marketing for me, and also them creating a website for me was a really big sell.

The salesman himself was really great and very accessible to the people that were kind of looking to set up the website and the designers themselves. They asked tons of questions and they made sure that we were available. They were very transparent on what we were getting and what we were unable to get, if there was something that we wanted that they couldn't do yet. So, I've had wonderful satisfaction with the customer service.

The service has been kind of a hit or miss with the pandemic. We're a manufacturing company, so it's not like we're in the food industry or the service industry in that aspect. Now that things are ramping back up, I noticed that there are a lot more people looking at the website or calling us from the website. So, I know that people are seeing it and going to it and looking at it.

Thryv response

Hi Ayren. It sounds like Thryv is doing exactly what you needed from the software. This is great news. I realize you are very busy but Thryv has more features that could really assist you in running your business. When you have time, we are here to help you learn them so let us know. Thank you for working with us and we appreciate your business.

Thryv Company Information