toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Dex Media

Hi Nicole - We're happy to hear how satisfied you are with our services. We are here for you, and will continue to help you reach your goals when it comes to marketing your business. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

We were looking for somebody who can help us with our website because we're not computer savvy. We needed somebody to help create it and work it for us. We went to Dex Media for their services and their customer service have always been friendly, courteous and very helpful. Dex Media has added a lot of value to our company. They've set up a website with photos, schedules and pricing and they did the layout as well. There are a lot of people that use websites to search for studios. Setting up a website is obviously working for us.

I am very dissatisfied with this company after just being told that my advertising was automatically renewed. I just finished up my 2nd year advertising with them and BOTH years I had to actually sign and agree to terms and stuff like that in order for it to be a done deal. This year I did NONE of that and purposely dodged calls from the Dex representative because I did NOT want to renew my advertising. So I did NOT sign anything nor did I authorize anything and I was just informed that my advertising was automatically renewed and now there is nothing I can do about it. Yet when I go into my Dex account on their website and try to view my current advertising or current agreements or anything, nothing is found. WTH??? I don't know what I am supposed to do and certainly don't want to be stuck with another year of advertising that doesn't work.

Resolution In Progress

Dex Media

Hi April - Please accept our apologies for the matter outlined and that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to reach out. An escalation has been entered and we'll promptly be reaching out to you regarding this matter. Thank you, Ed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

This company is almost impossible to get in touch with after the sale. I wanted to cancel my contract with Dex Media back in June 2016. I called and called and never heard back from anyone, so I left a message with my client manager to please cancel my contract. I also asked her to call back and verify that this message had been received and that the contract had been canceled. She called back the same day and confirmed that the contract had in fact been canceled and that I would no longer be receiving bills. I then continued to get bills and every time I call I can never get anyone on the phone to talk to. I leave message after message and they never call back. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen in a business. No wonder they have to file Bankruptcy!! DO NOT use Dex Media for your marketing services!!

First I love my website so I don't always want to complain. The Dex HUB product is awesome and has helped me get the exposure I needed, lets me text/email, keep up with what's being said about me, and the website results are beyond my expectations! Because of what they've done, my organic ranking has gone up too. However, at the beginning of the year I had billing issues & found myself totally pissed off at the wait time to talk to someone. I was upset and ticked off. Since then they have resolved all the issues and have gone out of their way to keep me in the loop, get things fixed etc.

I rarely do another review but I wish at this point I could go back and undo all the bad reviews I placed on various sites. Customer Service was impossible to reach by phone at the beginning of the year. When I finally got through to someone, She explained something about a upgrade to the system & the resulting computer glitch caused an onslaught of calls.

Once I got through, they handled everything and made it right. That's one I didn't let go of easily but in reality they fixed everything well. I also got upset about some of my listings not being correct, I am a big enough man to admit I should have listened. My rep told me that often after the listing are fixed they come back because something about the listing services don't upgrade their systems???

Lo and behold I worked myself into a lather and finally called them. After I blasted them, I found they had fixed the listings exactly like they said they'd do. When they found the new errors they fixed it before I could call to complain. I know I am somewhat of a hot head and have been accused of thinking someone is trying to screw me but I gotta admit Dex Media has done a really great job. When errors happened they were on top of them, they were polite and fast. I got mad about somethings and simmered for a long time before I did anything about it. If I had called right away I would have seen that they really are working with me. So I decided that I need to give credit where credit is due.

I am extremely happy with Dex Media. My rep was responsive and was always there for me even if I was not listening and venting on him. The customer service people after I'd say the first half of this year were always on top of things. The computer glitch really shouldn't have happened and was a pain in the A$# but I can't in good faith knock a company that was upfront with me, got things fixed and has actually helped my business a lot this year.

If you read my bad reviews here or any of the other review sites please change my upset ramblings to nothing but respect and gratitude now. I have recommended them to a couple friends who own businesses and have heard nothing but good news from them about their experiences. It was actually one of my friends I recommended that found my old review and asked me about it. That was when I realized I needed to make this right. I actually feel bad about really crappy reviews - I am a satisfied customer and plan on being a client for a long, long time!!

Resolution In Progress

Dex Media

Hi Eddie - Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter, and please accept my apologies for any confusion or inconvenience as a result. An escalation has been entered and our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working toward a resolution. - Ed

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I received a bill from Dex Media so I called and asked them about it and they said it was for advertising my business and I had set it up in February of 2016. I told them that I remember talking to someone in February about it because they wouldn't stop calling me, someone different would call me and it would be at least 6 calls per day. I finally said "tell me your pitch so you guys stop calling me because I told everybody else no" so he did and he said he could put my ad in the paper for ** amount of dollars and I told him that I can't afford that every month and he said he would send a proof out for me to review.

So time went on and nothing was ever sent to me except a bill and they are telling me I'm locked into this thing for a year and I told her I never even got a proof first off anyways. So she sends me proof while I'm the phone so I look at it and the town is incorrect and the phone number isn't mine and she said it was to track the calls coming in so I told her what the guy said to me and she tells me that they don't need to send proofs out for me to have them print it. So I told her to cancel this advertisement and she said can't they already printed the books and I told her "so you guys just print incorrect information" she says "you're under contract and there is nothing we can do". So now I'm locked into this incorrect advertisement and they won't do anything about it. I felt pressured, mislead and ripped off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dex Media?

Dex Media

Hi Jay - I greatly apologize for the problems encountered surrounding your account. Jason, in our Client Care dept advised me that he was able to speak to you regarding this matter and addressed all of your concerns. If additional assistance is needed, please let us know. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I purchased a summer seasonal business in January of 2016 and changed the business name. Dex Media was handling the telephone book advertising at the time. I decided not to continue with Dex Media for print advertising and asked to speak about digital advertising in April or May as Dex stated they were experts in digital advertising. I started working with Dex Media on a digital seasonal campaign in May of 2016. I approved to go ahead, then never heard back from the account lead.

I never saw any running ads and my bills were in the wrong name. They were and still are going to the previous owner in the old business name. Rarely do I get call backs or answers to emails about this. I am getting calls from a collection agency referring to the old business name and owner on my cell phone. Whenever I speak with them or their collection agency they refer to me by the previous owner's name. This is very frustrating. I paid over 1/2 the bill, but still don't have a bill in my business name. This makes it very difficult to write this expense off on my taxes. Still to this day, I have no idea if the campaign even ran and I am still referred to as the old business name 7 months later.

Furthermore, there has been a frequent cycling of account leads on my campaign, and none seem to know what my media buy was, if it ran or what the results were. This was supposed to be disclosed as part of my contract. I would not recommend Dex Media to any business, large or small. After working in advertising for over 15 years, I have never seen such poor communication and misunderstanding of a client's business needs.

Dex Media

Steve - Thank you so much for being a valued client! Your feedback is appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

We've been using Dex Media's advertising services for years. It has been valuable to our company. I would recommend them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2016

A woman named Somer from customer affairs telephoned me. She canceled my account so that I no longer must pay to advertise a closed business. She also told me that she straightened out the glitches on the website but I have not logged in to verify that. I do appreciate that the company allowed me to cancel the contract early. Somer was very warm and helpful.

Dex Media

Hi Rosemary - I apologize for the billing obstacles you've encountered and any inconvenience experienced as a result. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as we definitely want to prevent this type of experience from happening. We will be in contact with you regarding this matter. - Ed

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I ran my husband's auto repair business for 30 years & used Dex Media for print advertising for decades & in later years for internet advertising. My husband passed away in January 2016. In June I sold the business. My contract with Dex Media ends in December. I tried to cancel the contract but was told I needed to cancel the telephone number to do that. I want to keep the number because I get many personal calls at that number. So I resigned myself to keep paying over $125/month until December.

However, their website is the most difficult to navigate that I have EVER come across. To try to pay online I must sign in. OK but when I click on it I get a prompt to create an account. Then I can't create an account because my email is already taken. I spend about 15 minutes getting around that & get to a green "Pay Bill" button but it won't go anywhere. The only saving grace of this website is that the chat function people usually resolve the issue. But that takes at least 20 minutes. I now pay only by mail to avoid the frustrations.

Dex Media

Ann - Thank you for 35 years of being a client!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I've been using Dex Media for about 35 years when they were Yellow Pages. All they do is put an ad for us in the telephone book but we don't get very many calls from it.

Dex Media

Charles - Thank you for reaching out to us. Our Client Care team was assigned your case and will be reaching out to you regarding this matter. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I have been trying to remove the reviews on my business and have been told no one can get this done... This will be the second time we have had to do this. They were once removed. Now they are back again.

Dex Media

Hello Syed - My apologies for the lack of follow up. As a valued Dex Media client, client care is of the utmost importance to us. We certainly hate to lose you. This matter has been escalated and I'll ensure that you are promptly contacted to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

All I am trying to do is cancel my account. When I had services no one call to follow up and quality control called to find out anything good or bad. Now I want to cancel my account I get phone call from the same rude lady who chew gum like a little child during conversation. First she was account rep then she called me as a quality control person. She want 15 minutes to go over on my leads. I am not sure what part they are not understanding that I want to cancel. If you can't cancel that is fine. I will put block on the payment. It will cost me 30.00 but I don't want to deal with you guys. It was my mistake that I gave you guys my business. Please cancel.

I received a letter in the mail from Dex Media notifying me that my white page ad would be renewed soon and if I wanted to cancel it I would need to respond by October 9th. The letter was dated September 19, 2016. The business I work for had already decided not to spend our marketing dollars on the white page ad, so I called and left a message on October 3rd. I called the number provided again on October 4th and had to leave another message. I searched the Dex Media website and found the email address of the person on the letter and sent them an email directly. I called and left another message on 10/5. Still no response. When I paid the bill I also sent a note saying that we were cancelling. It is now October 17th and I still have not heard from anyone. I am very disappointed in the customer service of Dex Media.

Dex Media

Hi Alea - Again, I would like to apologize for the issues surrounding your account. Amanda, in our Client Care Dept advised that she briefly was able to speak with you, but you were busy. Amanda stated that she's attempted to follow up with you as she is eager to address your concerns, to no avail. I know that you are a busy business owner, so when you get an opportunity, please reach back out to Amanda and she will gladly work to address and resolve all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

We entered a contract with Dex Media about 5 or 6 months ago and it has just been hell dealing with them the whole time from the very beginning. We're paying them good money to jerk us around apparently. From the very beginning we have asked them to remove certain things off our website that are misleading and they have yet to do so. We are a gutter company that install, repair, and clean out gutters and are open 7 days a week yet Dex Media has us listed on Google as a roofing supply store and says we're closed weekends.

We have tried countless times to contact these people and we get no reply. We even did the work ourselves and sent them in what we wanted on our website to replace the incorrect information they put on it. I am shocked at what a scam they are. We trusted them and they turned out to be just another company with slimy salesmen selling lies. Saying whatever they have to get you to buy. Making promises they never planned on delivering on In the first place. DO NOT go into business with Dex Media. Save yourself the time and money. Spend your advertising dollars somewhere else that'll actually pay off for your business.

I had issues with the Google app for our website so I reached out to Dex Media. My website pulls up a progressive page and then says, "This page is not available," and Dex Media got it fixed in three months. Their service has been valuable.

Dex Media

Good morning, Dave - I hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined and any confusion that may have taken place between you and a Marketing Consultant. Our client care team will look into this matter and will promptly contact you in an effort to address and resolve all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I had a Dex Media salesman come into my place of business and give me his pitch on a Dex Media ad for the yellow pages. After going through everything he didn't have the final numbers for me and said he would have to get back to me. I told him I was leaving town that day by 11 am and he needed to get back with me before then. He didn't call or contact me at all, but he came back into my store and told my only employee that he had talked to me already and I agreed to his numbers that he had.

He then told my employee that he needed to sign the contract so he could get things put into Dex. I never received a phone call from this salesman at all after our first meeting. Then a bill shows up for the whole amount and I call and ask questions about it and all he can say to me "you just don't remember us talking that afternoon". To this day I have refused to pay this bill and will continue to do so. If this is how you train your salespeople to do business then you should be ashamed of yourselves. I will NEVER do business with your company ever!!

We reached out to Dex Media for advertisement and I have been very satisfied with them. I don't have any complaints about them. Their service has been great and their customer service was good. They're professional and they respond quick.

Dex Media

Hi John - I apologize for the frustration experienced due to the matter outlined. Our Client Care team will be reaching out to you regarding this matter with hopes of working toward a resolution. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

The former owner of our business had an account with Dex Media for a Yellow Pages ad. Now Dex will not cancel the account and keeps sending bills. If we don't pay, since we've refused to renew (in writing), they simply charge her credit card on file! Don't sign up for this worthless service. Nobody uses the Yellow Pages anymore. This is just a scam and they only have employees to sell, not to serve customers! (My only regret on this review is that I had to give them that one star, which they didn't deserve!)

Dex Media

Hello Miriam - It saddens me to hear of the issues outlined and the lack of follow up and resolve. Customer service is of the utmost importance to us here at Dex Media. Please except my apologies for any inconveniences experienced as a result. Management has been alerted to this matter and our client care team will be reaching out to you promptly to address all concerns and work toward a resolution. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

We are medium sized child care facility and decided to use Dex Media to handle our online marketing. Since we signed our contract, we have had issues with our campaign manager updating our website in a timely manner. On September 16, 2016, I spoke with our Campaign Manager, Pablo, about removing information from our website which is no longer accurate. He assured me that this would be taken care of with in 48 hours. On September 27, 2016, our Marketing Consultant, Nichole, shows up to introduce herself. We ask her if she knows why the changes had not been made to our website. Nichole immediately apologizes and calls in to have Pablo make the changes. Pablo was unavailable so another gentleman assisted with the updates.

I was told that it would take about 48 hours to make all of the necessary updates. On October 3, 2016, I checked our website and noticed that it still listed a program we no longer offer which should have been removed from our website the week prior. I notified Pablo and Nichole and Nichole proceeded to argue with me that the program was not listed on our website. I sent her a screenshot so she could see that it was indeed still advertised on our website. Once Nichole received this email she sent an email to Pablo asking him to remove the program from the home page of our website. It is now Friday, October 7, 2016 and our website has not been updated.

I called Dex Media Client Care on Thursday, October 6, 2016. I asked to speak with Nichole's supervisor. I was told his name is Joel but no one was able to get in touch with him. When I asked for a phone number to try and reach him myself I was given a generic number and told I could not have his extension but they would email him and have him call me back. When I called the second time I asked to speak with any supervisor and I was told they were all too busy and I would have to wait for someone to call me back. When I said this wasn't good enough I was told they would file a complaint for me. I still have yet to hear from anyone at Dex Media regarding my concerns or when our website will be updated. I am extremely disappointed with the customer service we have received.

Dex Media

Good morning, Kathy - We hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account and are more than eager to follow up on this matter to ensure resolution. Please expect a call from our Client Care team as they will address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Last year Dex started charging us a $5.00 invoice fee so I paid off our monthly Dex charge for the year with a Visa on 10-21-2015 and I told them I did not want to do business with them again - no automatic renewal! Phone Books were 2 months late in printing and information about our account was wrong. No proofs sent out, they just printed whatever they wanted. I thought when I said to them that I no longer wanted to do business with them and instructing them no automatic renewal it was pretty clear - but I guess not clear enough.

Late September, we received a letter regarding Renewal Notice from Dex Media. We were out of town for 3 weeks so I didn't get this letter until the first of October (too late to reply by 9/26/2016) and this matter I thought was already handled in my 10/21/2015 correspondence after my account was paid off and Dex was told I no longer wanted to do business with them. This year they pull the old auto-renewal card on us even though I have been very specific with them that I no longer wish to do business with them. Never have seen any ad proofs and still haven't seen a 2016 phone book! Is there a 2016 Dex Book? Nobody knows! They could have put in that the business was closed and passed them out. Who knows if you never see the finished product. Why would we want to continue doing business with a company that can't seem to get anything right? Oh, and they also filed for bankruptcy in May 16, 2016.

Dex Media

Hello Michael - We're sorry to know that you've encountered such obstacles regarding your account. Please know that this is not indicative of Dex Media and the level of customer service that we offer our clients. This matter has been escalated and you'll be contacted regarding all concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Listed below is a timeline of experience over the past year with Dex Media: 2015: 8/25: Signed contract including digital component with account manager Richard **. 9/4: Had appointment with Richard ** to cancel digital portion and only have Yellow Pages due to changes in company regarding website and digital presence. Signed a new contract with Richard **, which now doesn’t seem to exist in my records nor in Dex Media records.

2016: 1/8: spoke to Richard ** concerning a Dex Media set-up fee on our Nov. 2015 billing. I stated in the phone conversation that I hadn’t wanted the digital piece and that it was changed at the Sept. 4 meeting. He asked me to email him the bill, which I did on that same day. I also emailed him on 1/8 asking for a copy of the current contract because I couldn’t find one in my files. I received no response from Richard ** regarding my 1/8 emails. 1/27: Because I did not receive a response, I sent follow-up email to Richard **. I did not receive a response to this email.

2/5: I received an email from Dex Media saying my website was ready for review. 2/8: Emailed Richard ** asking why we received this email of 2/5 since we said that we did not want Dex Media to handle our digital presence. I did not receive a response from Richard **. 3/30: Emailed Richard ** asking again for a copy of the current contract because we were being charged for digital package that we did not want. I did not receive a response from Richard **. 4/25: Again sent a follow-up email to Richard **. Again, no response. 4/29: Received an email from Dex Media stating that we have a new account manager, Tara **.

5/10: Received an email from Dex Media that advertising was suspended. 5/13: Emailed Tara **, forwarding her the 5/10 email, and asking her to look into our account. 5/13: Tara responded that the billing system was offline but she was going to check our history on Mon. 5/16 and get back to me. 5/24: Emailed Tara as a follow-up because she did not get back to me on Mon. 5/16 as she said she would. I received no response from Tara from this 5/24 email. 6/13: emailed Tara ** again as a follow-up. Again, no response from Tara. After that, I attempted to call Dex Media. I found that we had a new account rep, Madison **. When I contacted her, she directed me to customer care response.

8/8: spoke to Santana ** in Customer Care who informed me that the only contract on file was from 8/25/2015 and that we owned the money for the digital services. At this point, I felt that I need to speak to someone with Sales because I felt that if I got proper responses from my account managers starting in January, I may not be facing a $1900 + bill today. I was given the Name of Chandra ** and her phone number. I called her at least 5 times starting 8/25 and left voice messages. I never received a callback. At this point, we may owe the money BUT I feel that if someone along the line had responded to my emails or phone calls, all of this could be avoided. Before I pay any amount, I would like someone from Dex Media to contact me and explain why I never received responses to my emails or inquiries. I feel that I have received very poor customer support for my account. Please respond. Thank you.

Dex Media

Hi - Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the outlined issues caused you. This matter has been escalated and our Client Care team will be contacting you to address all concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

Dex Media did not cancel our ad and we have received many bills and they still refuse to make it right. Of course the phone calls and emails cannot be found. Do not use them. I would not recommend them to anyone. Your bill will raise until you're paying 2 to 3 bills in one month. They run the wrong phone numbers. They try to use every call that comes into your business whether it be the number they provide or not when calculating their numbers.

Dex Media

Hello Chelsea - Again, I greatly apologize for the issues encountered surrounding your account. Amanda, on our Client Care team advised that she was able to briefly speak with you regarding this matter, but that you would have to give her a call back. I know you are very busy, so when you have some spare time, please give Amanda a call or reach out to her via email as she is eager to address this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

If you or your business were ever thinking of using Dex Media for marketing I urge you not to!! Dex Media has been red flagged by the Texas Better Business Bureau and has over 641 registered complaints in the last 3 years!! They filed for bankruptcy effective May, 16th 2016. I can't reach anyone at this company that can help me with my account and yet they will happily take your money. This is the saddest excuse for a business. Do yourself a favor and use BeRanked to handle all your web design/managing needs as well as marketing, we have happily made the switch!

Dex Media took over our phone book that we've been using for years and their customer service is great. They're professional, friendly, and informative. We've had a lot of people searching for flat glass, mirrors, and shower doors who come in and said they found us through Dex Media.

Dex Media

Hi Cheryl - Thank you for allowing us to handle your print advertisement.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Dex Media is easy to work with and everything is fine. Their reps have been very professional. We don’t get a lot of customers from the advertising, but it’s there for our customers to find us in the phonebook.

Dex Media

Hi Rick - We hate to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding your account and would certainly like to help. Please expect a call from our client care team as they will address this matter at length and attempt to work toward a resolution. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

We signed up for optimization in January of 2016, with lofty promises from our sales rep that we would have Google updates, Facebook updates, and Twitter feeds. As of August, we were still trying to get our facebook right. The biggest damage done was that Dex Media wanted tracking numbers on my Google listings to track their "success". Dex Media kept telling me how many phone calls I was getting, but it wasn't making sense because our phone wasn't ringing. Just for kicks, I googled my business in July. THE TRACKING PHONE NUMBERS WERE ALL DISCONNECTED!!! I informed my account manager and sales rep, and was assured that it would be fixed. Again, no phone calls in September. THE PHONE NUMBERS WERE WRONG AND DISCONNECTED AGAIN!!!

If you need advertising, web presence, etc, DON'T GO TO DEX MEDIA UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DO EVERYTHING THEY PROMISE TO DO FOR YOU, BY YOURSELF! I will never know how much money, and how many clients I have lost through this experience with this group of unprofessional salespeople. They sell the world, but they don't deliver.

Dex Media

Hello William - I'm sorry to hear of the outlined issues and any inconvenience experienced as a result. This matter has been escalated and our client care team will be contacting you in an effort to address and resolve all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I originally agreed to a $21.00 monthly charge for Dex's version of my company's online presence. It was a $1.00 increase from last year. It was recorded. I then started getting bills for $35.00 for this service. I called them multiple times concerning the overcharge. They said I agreed to the charge and for me listen to the recorded confirmation. I listened to the recorded message which stated clearly that I agreed to $21.00. The CSR said we're so sorry and we'll get this corrected. It's been 6 months, they still send me a bill with this $35.00 charge. I began to review what I'm actually getting for this $21.00 or $35.00 charge. I did a search on different search engines, Google, Bing, Yahoo. TV repair Helena MT. I'm the only repair shop in Helena MT. I found my company in YellowPage.com, Yelp, but no Dex, Dex was nowhere to be found.

I pay nothing to Google, YellowPage.com, Yelp, Manta, and others. Nothing and I'm listed with them. Why and for what reason am I paying Dex? If I pay them more they'll get me listed in some search engines. At least that's what they say. I have decided to cancel Dex's digital service. They say I signed a 12 month agreement. I said show me where it says 12 months? They say all our agreements are 12 months. I said, "I understand the print advertising is 12 months because the book comes out once a year." I said "you can delete me from whatever digital page you have me listed on. I don't plan on paying another dime to this outfit for their version of online presence."

Dex Media

Hi Laura - I'm sorry to hear of the outlined issues and that customer service expectations weren't met. Chris, in our Client Care Dept advised that he spoke with you and came to a resolution. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to resolve this matter. - Ed

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

Extremely dissatisfied with the lazy customer service at this company. After attempting to call in for over 4 hours and getting a busy signal, I utilized the online chat feature in an attempt to cancel our services. Deceptively, the company auto-renews policies and does NOT send any notification to the company at the time your services are set to auto renew, AND you cannot opt out of this. Therefore, our company was stuck for another year with these services. After being told I would get a call back within 30 minutes from a supervisor via the online chat, I never heard from anyone. When I called back in a "supervisor" named Chris was incredibly rude. When I stated we wanted to cancel services he said it was impossible. When I told him the online chat associate said there might be a way, he miraculously had a solution. Overall, terrible customer service, shady business operations, and downright corrupt. As a small business owner, AVOID.

Dex Media

Hi Lauren - We apologize for the obstacles encountered and any inconveniences experienced as a result. Our clients mean the world to us and we take complaints seriously. Be advised that this matter has been escalated and we'll be contacting you in an effort to address and resolve this matter. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

This is the absolutely worst experience with an advertising agency I have ever experienced. After the salesman convinced me to do an internet enhancement package for an astronomical amount I never heard from him again. After 4 months of trying to contact customer service and being on hold for over an hour several times they assured me the "work" was being done although I was supposed to be part of the process. I hired a second company to look into the work that was supposed to be done based on the contract I signed only to find out it had never been done. I had been paying for 6 months and for nothing.

When I tried to contact someone I was told via email it was being taken care of, finally after numerous calls and holding for1 1/2 hours I was able to get ahold of someone that realized the services had truly not been done and they would refund the money and cancel my package. After this we began to have clients walk in at my business telling us our phone just kept ringing when they would call so they just came over instead of making an appointment. After several people telling us this, we realized the number Dex Media had posted online for us was incorrect and was linked to a phone number that just kept ringing.

It took 2 months to have them correct this and when asked for some sort of reimbursement for lost business they said I wasn't paying for the service anyway so they will not provide any compensation. Bottom line is, if you want good advertising for a fair price and to feel like your business matters DO NOT use Dex Media!!! I never write reviews but after the last email from customer service I felt I needed to say something to be heard.

Dex Media

Hi David - I'm sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction regarding your account. Our Client Care team has received this review and will be contacting you regarding all concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

More than a year ago, while I was an acting Advertising Agent for client, we were visited by a Dex representative who sold us on a very appealing package. We agreed and signed. That was the last we EVER heard from Dex about ANYTHING, including billing until we were notified that the account was in arrears. Unfortunately, I, as the agent, never heard again from the guy who said he'd monitor results and help us "make the most" of the plan. When I tried to contact the company, I was told repeatedly that they couldn't talk to me, as I wasn't on the list of authorized people to talk with. Now, a year later, my client is in collections and has NOTHING to show for more than $2k spent. So disappointing. I've been doing this kind of work for 20 years, and I've never been treated so badly.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, Alina - I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction outlined and that customer service expectations weren't meeting during your attempts to follow up. This matter has been escalated and you will be contacted in an effort to address and resolve all concerns. Thanks, Ed!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I was promised two websites for $199.00 a month. First website took forever to get finished and forever to have corrections made and my second website has never been done and they Teresa charging me $199.90 per month for one site. I have spent the last three weeks trying to get this resolved with no help and the worst customer service I have ever received. I told them to listen to their recorded contract information at time of our negotiations and it's just been a joke. I can't get a straight answer from anyone or can the give me what I was promised two websites. And yesterday I was told I can't cancel until I pay three months. They is not fair. Stay away from Dex Media.

Dex Media Company Profile