Call toll free
3.45/5

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DexYP provides an all-in-one management software targeted towards small business as well as digital and print marketing solutions with the intent of saving both time and money. DexYP's flagship product, Thryv, provides for a single platform for you to manage your day-to-day business tasks and more. With Thyv, you're able to manage customer communication via email and text as well as manage business listings, ratings, and reviews. Thyv also allows for client scheduling, quote processing, invoice and coupon generation, as well as payment processing.

In addition to Thryv, DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

DexYP Video
DexYP Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1015 DexYP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

After reading some of these reviews, my suspicions about the fraudulent and corrupt activity going on throughout this company have only been strengthened. This company continues to try to rip off small business owners off who thinks they won't do anything about it. DexYP continues to say that I owe them money every month for a contract I DID NOT ACCEPT. I did NOT receive a phone call to renew a contract. I DID NOT receive a letter of notice about any new "auto-renew" process. I received absolutely NOTHING. I closed my business and contacted them to tell them my business was closed and that I did NOT want to renew my contract. They renewed it for me with absolutely NO authorization to do so. I did not consent the practice of auto-renew, nor did I accept a new contract.

Funny thing is, no matter many representatives or managers I speak to, NO ONE will give me a copy of any contract I have signed or acquiesced to accepting. They have absolutely no proof whatsoever that I signed or agreed to a new contract. Everyone says they are "going to call me back" but they never do. I'm fed up and I'm ready to press charges for illegal business practices.

Hi David -

My apologies for any confusion surrounding your account and for the lack of follow up. This matter has been escalated for prompt research and contact.

Ed

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We purchased a company that had an existing contract with this "company" so we had to see it through. January 2017 came around we were adamant that their services were no longer needed and to cancel our account, both in writing and in phone calls. Lo and behold months later, the account was never cancelled and we get a demand letter stating we owe 3 months worth and if we don't pay, they will send us to collections. We talk to no less than 2 "reps" who have no clue what is going on and cannot tell us anything outside of the scripted "I will have to call you right back", which never happened.

3 or 4 months ago, we finally get a response stating that our account has been closed and we can toss any further invoices. Yesterday, we received an $800 statement for past due invoices, and another demand letter threatening collections. We called today and had to leave messages for our 2 "reps". Got a callback; we are still contractually obligated to pay this ransom as our account was never actually closed. I there is ever a dishonest company, this is it. If there is ever an incompetent company, this is it. Save your $$ and run to another company. They have cost us over $2000 and have not brought in ZERO revenue.

Hello Taylor -

We're sorry to hear of this matter and certainly would like to help by looking into the outlined concerns. You'll be contacted by our team in an attempt to address and try to resolve.

Thanks,

Ed

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We've been a business 40 years long and most of our business comes from word of mouth. We figured we should probably do a little bit of electronic media. DexYP reached out to me and I liked their sales pitch. We're not a big advertising kind of giant. Everybody else has to advertise to get work but we've got more work than we could do already. DexYP was more of a way for our customers to find us quicker on the phone and to give us a call if they can't remember our number. DexYP has been straightforward and they've done what we needed to have done.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I bought this product called Thryve that was called Dex Hub before. They failed to keep up with my Facebook and Twitter posts and they did not tell me G+ was being phased out and they failed to take it off my website. Several pages had 404 errors and the people I called could not fix things the right way. Very disappointing and disruptive to my business. They would not let me get out of my contract after all the complaints and threatened to send me to collections if I did not fulfill the commitment. Their SEM was so-so. I realized they were using phrase and exact match vs. modified broad, hence my CPC was very high. I moved it to a do it yourself software call Word Stream. Better result. Stay away from these guys.

Hi CJ -

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration experienced in your review. We're eager to look into your concerns. If you would like follow up, please reply back via private message providing your business info and telephone number.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We have Yellow Pages utilized by DexYP and then last year we signed up for some online services. Most of our sales are to contractors and other businesses so we don’t do a lot of the consumer off the street. Our advertising in that was not ever our main focus, which is partly why we never did a lot with it. But the main thing that we hope to get from DexYP would be to get our name in front of the people who needed our services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Our company reached out to DexYP because of all of the people that it could reach, and we've been working with them for 10 years now. I like how DexYP stays connected, checks in and makes sure that we are satisfied. I like the customer base that their phonebook reaches so I'm happy with everything. Their reps have all been great and the company is doing a great job.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

DexYP was the phonebook in town so I reached out to them and I had a good experience. They explained real good, they didn’t push and they didn't make me feel stupid. They did a good job.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

DexYP came to my place of business and did a quick presentation. We thought we’d give it a shot and we got the website services from them. The experience was good.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We wanted to have our number in the phone book in case the older people try looking it up. One could check a computer, but they can look at a phone book if they don't have a computer. We’re in the South Bay and we had three or four different locations of books. But little by little, we just kept DexYP in the arc 'cause they're local. I spoke to DexYP reps before and they were professional, friendly, and helpful. DexYP is doing good and they've always been valuable to us.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I wasn't happy using another company, and I researched a little bit and started using Dex. I have some good impressions about them, and some are not. They created my Facebook page and they manage it. They're the ones that post on it. But if you went to click on my Facebook page, it's the wrong website. It's the old website from the previous company that I used before. It didn't make a lot of sense to me. On top of that, six out of eight times I called Dex, I leave a message and I don't even get a callback.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

DexYP does our online service that advertises our funeral home. They were part of the Yellow Pages at one time and then they changed over and we kinda left from where we were and went with DexYP when they came around. They have done a good job for us although I do not interact with it as much as I'd like to be able to because of being so busy. I do not have the time to look at who is searching which is a big turnoff for a lot of businesses. It is wonderful to advertise but when someone is hired to advertise for us, they should be taking care of the business and we should not have to be doing that. It was not the case with DexYP. If we are paying for a service, we expect them to take care of it for us.

We do not have staff here that can constantly monitor the feedback that we get online which a lot of advertising companies want us to do. We run an advertisement and leave it. We like to advertise but we really don't need to. We have been here for more than 70 years and everybody knows where we are after that time. Plus, we are the only funeral home in this particular area. Nevertheless, we are okay with the service overall.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I am very disappointed in DexYP. I have been trying to grow my business with YP for about 3 years and I always get disappointed. Last year I had a rep named Alice that never could do her job and then somehow they past me along to a guy named Josh. Story short I paid 1840 a month for leads that I never received but I had a contract with them so I paid until the end. That was year 2017. And then I found another rep year 2018 that we started a concrete company with and that started in January. They said wait 90 days for your ramp up period. We DID ok in the beginning so I signed my fence company thinking this time it was different but nope same thing.

I had 3 companies this year 2018 signed and not 1 DID anything. I have not received any leads on neither company. Finally they acted like they were doing me a favor and I requested that they cancel my roofing company and just add the money toward my concrete company. They DID but now I am paying 2000 a month for my concrete business I yet have received any leads. I have spoken to my rep and to the one in charge of my keywords and still no answers or progress. I had a fence company that never received any leads and that's because I would listen to my calls every month to see how we were doing on all 3 campaigns and would send in calls leads to them and let them know that we were not receiving any calls in months and they said I was but I would tell them how is that if I can listen to the leads each month. They are just a big scam. I do not plan to renew this contract.

Good morning, Anita -

I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. We take great pride in our products and the client support that we offer. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible to address all concerns and work to resolve.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We signed up for the advertising in the Yellow Pages and the people from DexYP have been very good, friendly and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

DexYP calls me periodically to see if I wanna update my information. They've been very helpful with suggesting what I could do, and showing me where I could be listed in the phone book that would be most beneficial for me. They called and talked about reviewing my advertisement, and we went over it including the cost, and changing some things. They check back once a year to see if there are any changes and suggestions.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We've always advertised in the Dex Yellow Pages. They've had our phone business for years and they've just added these new things that we could do since then, like digital advertising. Both the outside and the inside reps have been very good. I've had a working relationship with the outside sales rep for years. We talk directly, so if there's anything that I can help them with, I'm sure she's gonna ask me for it. It worked for us and we've developed a good relationship.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I've been with DexYP for a long time now and their service has been very valuable for my company. They've given us a good presence on the web. They did a nice webpage, and they do our Google stuff. DexYP is not cheap, but they're effective.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We've been using DexYP for years. We use their internet and phonebook services which have been pretty valuable. It’s a good company. We've been polishing up our program and the meeting we had with the web manager went pretty good.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My business depends on advertising and we received little to no responses in their ads. Now that their ads got nothing as far as work and responses for our company they are trying to sue our company for money we don't have. I've gotten threats that I will be sued by their bulldog Convergent. I would suggest not doing business with this company. They are in it to make their money no matter how your business does. They used to have more heart but that has changed so be careful. They don't care for their customers any longer.

Hi Victor -

I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. This matter was escalated to our Executive Care Team for follow up. Robert, in that dept advised that he's made several attempts to reach you, to no avail. Robert left his call back information via voicemail. If you could please reach out to Robert as he is eager to speak with you regarding your concerns.

Thanks,

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We're a small business and we're looking for all of the things we can do to keep our small business running. I'm the owner's granddaughter and has been leading up the advertisement part in the social media aspect. DexYP are pretty simple with our advertising. Even through Thryv and all that, it's been really easy to learn and go along with. Their reps are always very helpful and nice. I am in constant contact with our Thryv representative. She emails me, and I email her daily. We talk on the phone weekly, which is great, about ways to further the business or any problems I had. She always emails me right back. She's wonderful.

Our business has gotten more clients and people have reached out. We get phone calls through our Thryv, which means people are looking us up. So although DexYP has not helped exponentially, it had its impact. They're really great in everything they do and the way they help. They're really patient with all of us and I'm glad that this is the company that my grandfather chose to go with.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We use DexYP for our search engine marketing. They are advertising online and it's all good. But as far as their customer service goes, it sucks. I've been here since June and I've only made contact with one person since. I haven't heard from a representative and there have been no report cards. There should be more interaction with the representatives.

Hi Nikki -

We're happy to know that our marketing efforts have been successful for your business. Customer support is extremely important to us, so I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet our own high standard. A representative will be reaching out to you to answer any questions and address any concerns that you may have.

Ed

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We were starting a new business and we needed to do some advertising. DexYP reached out to us, and it sounded good. Customer service was great and everything seems to be okay.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I was trying to get more business and I saw DexYP's pay-per-view ad on the news. I talked to a guy named Gary and he explained everything. We then signed up for a year and DexYP did pages for us online. We've had a good experience with their customer service, but then they put a different name on my business and put me on a different township. I wasn't happy with those things. Their service hasn't done much and we haven't got enough business where we're at. We're cancelling next year, but it's been a good experience. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We're doing a rental car and used auto sale advertising with DexYP through multimedia. Our interactions with our salesperson have been professional and she has been quick to answer my calls. Currently, we’re getting into the Thryv program and we’ve been going back and forth getting everything set up and getting my username and password. DexYP does the best that they can to get our money’s worth out of the advertising that we do.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I’ve been using DexYP for 15 years now. They service my website and make changes as necessary. That’s what we do so, I need someone to do that. Since they own my website, I find it hard to make a change even if I wanted to. I would rather own my website and have them service it, but that would be an issue that I don't think they could resolve. Still, their reps are doing a good job.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My company already had DexYP when I started. I decided to keep them when I upgraded since they have our webpage, Yellow Book, etc. so we didn’t have to do that ourselves. Our webpage upgrades were great. They helped us a lot and we got a lot with less cost from them so that was perfect. Their reps and their customer service were great. If I need help, they were always either emailing me right away or calling back. It has been a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We've been with DexYP for a long time now. They reached out to us and we went with them for the phone books. They also set up our webpage. They did it in such a way that a customer can contact them and then it shows up on my email. I really like that and we’ve gotten quite a few jobs off of that. DexYP is a good company to go with.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

They screwed up my ad 3 yrs in row. Then left my number out of the book and blamed it on ATT. Not recommend this company at all. They dont have it together. And they wouldn't do anything but take off few months' bills. Well the whole ad was messed up so I shouldn't have to pay anything but they still want me to pay for really screwed up ** and people who work there.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I've been with DexYP for decades since they were the old Yellow Pages. Usually, I call my rep Lisa. She handles pretty much everything for me. I leave it up to them to go and search for my options because this is not my field. Whatever my sales rep recommends as long as it's affordable, then I go with it. For a while, I had a program with both Dex and whatever the other competing book was. I ended up dropping them and just going strictly with Dex. I don't do any other advertising except through them, and it works out very well for me. They handle my website, the SEO and a couple of different campaigns for me. I'm pleased with them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Our situation is same as Mark of Iron Mountain Mi. We fully intended to discontinue advertisement. The contract Expires EVERY Sept. and a REP calls to see what changes, adjustments, we might need, if our information is same for us to renew. Since we had been pre-occupied with keeping our business running, AFTER HAVING DAMAGE FROM HURRICANE IRMA, we neglected to realize this had run out, and I continued to pay each month until I believe Jan 2018. So we called to cancel, and they informed us we need to cancel 3 MONTHS BEFORE the CONTRACT was due to expire, SEPT 2017, IN WRITING, BY MAIL!!!! So, since they wouldn't cancel, they have turned over to a COLLECTION agency and it's now over $1500.00. This company owes us 5 Months backpay as we DID NOT RENEW!!! This is stealing from small business owners. Thank You.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Received a call from someone at DexYP regarding an unpaid invoice. Last time anyone from YP contacted me was in 2017 for the 2017-2018 directory. The representative gave me some excuses for not reaching out to me before printing, just assuming I wanted to continue using their services. A letter was mailed to the last known address I have for the YP outlining my desire to would no longer do business with them. My reason for stopping the YP service is because I have a way of tracking where my new business comes from, not one single person has mentioned the phone book or online YP as a means to find my business. YP is an antiquated service.

Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter. We'll be contacting you to address all concerns.

- Ed