Call toll free
3.56/5

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DexYP provides an all-in-one management software targeted towards small business as well as digital and print marketing solutions with the intent of saving both time and money. DexYP's flagship product, Thryv, provides for a single platform for you to manage your day-to-day business tasks and more. With Thyv, you're able to manage customer communication via email and text as well as manage business listings, ratings, and reviews. Thyv also allows for client scheduling, quote processing, invoice and coupon generation, as well as payment processing.

In addition to Thryv, DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

DexYP Video
DexYP Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

957 DexYP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

We've been using DexYP for a little over a year now. They built my website and also developing Facebook. Their customer service has been phenomenal. I work directly with Carolina and whenever I call her, she’s very attentive to the needs. She gets me directly with whom I need to get in contact with. DexYP's service is very valuable to the company. We're getting more hits on our site. The customers are finding us now online where they weren’t finding us online prior to.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

DexYP is a well-established product and I'm pleased with them. I've have been working with the Yellow Pages but they went to the online web pages as well. Then, they expanded into doing the website. They offered me a good bundle on that and I went for it. However, I'm not sure if they're fully up to optimization, which isn't their specialty. That's a low point in terms of website function. Their customer service has been good, though there have been a few glitches. They're innovating and they take the time to get to know what those are and they help me set them up when I can.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

DexYP provides service for our company's website. They are hosting it and they do all our advertising on the internet. Everything has been great and their rep, Tiffany, has been fantastic. We meet, talk on the phone, and she got the advertising stuff handled for our company. I really don’t have to do much. Now we’re getting foot traffic through the door and we’re getting new clients who I’m sure have seen the advertising.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We've had DexYP's services for about a year, and at the beginning, the experience was a bit hard. Getting everything situated was the hardest part, and then there was some back-and-forth. But after everything was set, things have been very good. As we knew what we were doing, it started going smoother. And now, we're using it a lot more. We have a website with them and they also post on social media and all platforms for us. It's a good program and I would recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

DexYP has been maintaining and managing our custom website and all of our social media. They do all of the SEO stuff that we need and we have monthly meetings with them. They have excellent customer service. However, they switch customer reps a lot and when I get a new one, I had to go through everything again. Other than that, DexYP services are extremely valuable to our company. We get a lot of business and we are thankful for the process that they use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We hired Dex Media or YP (or whomever because they use so many names I don't even rightfully know who to sue at this point) to handle our online ads with YP. To begin with our rep did a fake review of our company in order to give us a better online presence. Should have been our first indication this is an untrustworthy company! Second, after months of complaining that we were paying and getting no calls they put a tracker system on for us to verify our calls. BEST THING EVER! NONE of the calls we were getting were even for us!! They were looking for different people, different companies, it was constantly the wrong number.

Now I am fighting with their so-called collections agency who calls threatening legal action but refuses to let me speak with the legal department or their so-called lawyers. Actively waiting for them to sue so we can counter and demand the full amount of the contract plus the loss of business based on their sales points promising 1 new client per month. Lies all of it lies...

Hi Lorie -

I'm sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined in your review. This matter has been escalated for prompt research and follow up. Our Executive Care Team will be reaching out to you.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We use DexYP’s service for social media, White and Yellow Pages and an online presence too. I tried to get in touch with somebody from their customer service yesterday but because of the time difference, we did not connect so I have to set up another meeting. But whenever I get in touch with their reps, my interaction with them has been great.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My business has been advertising with DexYP since they bought out the previous advertiser. Since then the customer has gone from bad to terrible to completely non-existent. Over the past 3 years we have battled with YP renewing our contract at a higher rate without sending us a new contract. They always say the contract was mailed in October showing the renewal rates and that since I never objected to the new rates I therefore accepted the new rates. Every year I was told that they would put a note in our account that a signed contract would be needed in order to renew our contract yet every year it's the same old thing. In addition, they raised our bill by $5.

When I called YP on this I was told that it was a paperless bill fee that I was notified of in my May bill. Once again, YP is changing my rates with no notification. There was nothing in the bill. This year someone posted a review about our business that was not about our business. It was a 1 star review that was intended for another business alleging they were con-artists. When I contacted YP to remove the review I was told they would investigate. After a few weeks, they closed the claim without contacting me or removing the review.

When I called no one could tell me why it was closed and I was told to open a new claim. (Note: I have opened 5 claims since February.) When I asked for the reviewer's information so that I could contact that person directly to have the review removed I was told that was not possible. Needless to say, this was in February and I am still battling to have the review removed. I have even contacted our sales agent who never returns phone calls or e-mails. As a small business I will not continue to pay for a service that does not care about their clients.

Hi Jody -

I'm sincerely sorry to hear of the issues relayed and hate to know that you feel this way about DexYP. Be assured that this matter has been escalated for prompt research and follow up. Our Executive Care Team will be reaching out to you and will address all the issues outlined at length and work to resolve.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Patients don't normally come from telephone book advertising but people feel you aren't legitimate unless you're in the phonebook. So, we got DexYP's service. Once we initially set it up, I just pay the bill every month and so far, I am satisfied with them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

DexYP reached out to us and they have been very accommodating when they come to have me sign or go over new contracts or areas that they service. We do prints for phone books, then they do the digital platform where I can see the analytics. It shows me the call tracking and I like that they use a unique phone number so that I’m able to track the calls. Otherwise, there is no way to tell if the phone book is actually working or not. So, that was a big selling point for us. Our sales have increased since we started doing digital marketing and 90 calls a month equate to quite a bit of sales. We’re receiving calls, I can hear the calls and it shows how long they were on the phone. Any call that is longer than two minutes is gonna turn into a sale. DexYP has been very helpful and extremely valuable for our company.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We've been with DexYP for forever and their services are very valuable to our company. They did our Yellow Pages before and right now they're doing call forwarding for our phone number. We've called their customer service and our interactions with them have gone very well. Once, our bill was a little high so we requested that they lower it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I spent 30 minute on the phone and was put on hold multiple times because they could not confirm which phone book in my area the listing charge was for. Company is either a Scam or they are terrible at their business because they cannot answer what seems to be a simple question. "I have 5 phone books in my area, which one do you represent?" I was just put on hold for infinity so they could try and look it up.

Hi David -

Customer service is very important to us here at DexYP. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused to you during your attempts to get information. I've requested that our Executive Care Team reach out to you via email as soon as possible to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We use the Yellow Pages for advertising to get our phone number and name out there and DexYP has done good with what we needed them for. Most of the new phone calls we get have seen it off an advertisement off one of the papers that we advertise in and it’s there if people need it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

DexYP handles our advertising online and through the Yellow Pages. The company has been working with DexYP before I got here so it has been quite a few years already. They resolved the issues every single time. If we had an incident or if there was something wrong, they were quick to fix it. They also answered our questions promptly so overall, the customer service experience was excellent.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I had my YEXT account stolen from this company, and this company will not release it and holding my account information hostage and requesting money to pay. This is the worst company ever. Just to clarify I never signed up with this company. The rep forged my signature and later I got a bill one year later, and I had to write a formal letter to fight this fraud. Be aware!

Hi Eun -

The allegations outlined definitely concern us and we'd love the opportunity to look into this matter for you. We were unable to locate an account under your name or email address. If you could please provide your business name and telephone number via private message, we'll expedite this matter for prompt follow up and have you contacted.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Mostly, our customers come from word-of-mouth but we have kept DexYP because there are people that look our number up so we can have it available. I used them for phonebook advertisements and we were satisfied with their customer service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We began doing business with Supermedia in 2011. Somewhere along the line, they were bought by Dex Media/ Dex YP/ Thryv...whatever they're calling themselves these days. Clearly they make their money by complicating their billing system. They have double billed me (created 2 different accounts for our business), split their contract so that part of it runs 14 months and part of it 12 months, and generally ** it up. Luckily, I pay monthly and not by credit card, and I pay what I owe (based on my contract) and not their wacky billing. They continue to argue with me for $309.98 that they say I owe. I am a $20,000+ customer, and I am done. All this to appear in the Yellow Pages! Who really uses the phone book anyway- whether printed or online? I am too busy to deal with this nonsense. Stay away!

Hi Cynthia -

I'm sorry to hear of billing issues encountered and any inconvenience experienced as a result. This matter has been escalated to our Executive Care Team for prompt follow up. They'll be in contact soon.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

With fewer people that are in the phone book now, I'm not sure that just the Yellow Pages is enough. Maybe I need to cancel the Yellow Pages and go to something else but I'm very happy with DexYP and I had a fine experience with their customer service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We have been using DexYP for print and some web-based advertising for 10 years. The salesman was nice and we had a good experience with their customer service. We interact with them once a year when it’s time to renew our advertising. DexYP is not just something that helps but it is important advertising for us. It is very valuable and it gets us a lot of our business. About half if it is Yellow Pages.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We have a tracking phone number on our online ad that does not work anymore. We have made several calls to many departments with no resolution, even our sales rep, who said he is very busy and will get back with me when the problem has been resolved. They make promises and don't follow through.

Hello Greg -

Customer service is of the utmost importance to us here at DexYP. I greatly apologize that we didn't live up to that expectation during your attempts to address the outlined issue. This matter has been expedited for prompt follow up and contact with you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

DexYP reached out and told me about the services that they have. At that time, I was in need of those as I didn't have any kind of pay-per-click program. I signed up and so far, their service has been valuable to my company. We live and die by it. I’ve given up on all my print ad and just went for that pay-per-click. But then Google did away with the pay per click for bail bondsman so now, we’re just concentrating on SEO. Mark is my rep and we work together very well. We speak once a month for campaign performance stuff and I like him as my rep.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

DexYP called me and I ended up using them for Yellow Pages and online stuff. So far, I've never had any problem with them. But they're just letting anybody put names on the phone book and some of them are using false addresses. And there is no way getting around with DexYP, so there are people from different places that aren’t licensed and they’re saying they’re locksmiths or something. DexYP used to be good and everything is kinda changing now. Most people don't use the phonebook anymore, so I’ve been cutting back every year.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

DexYP signed us up for a 206 package for Media. We got Red listing and bold fast for 2400 a year. Rep would not call us back. Employee who agreed to it did not have authorization to do it. DexYP reply was she said she had authority to do it. They will not let you get out of contract. This Company is fraudulent and very deceptive. Go to Google or Facebook for advertising not this company. No Value.

Hi Matt -

We'll be happy to research this matter for you with hopes of working to resolve. Be on the look out for a call from our Executive Care Team.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We have been with DexYP for a very long time. First, they did our Yellowbook pages, then we started using them for our website but we didn't really do much with it. Then they came in again, revamped their company, and what they did with our website was really awesome. They partnered with Google, so their technology is a lot more advanced than it used to be and now there is a lot more we can do with our website than we were able to before. They also have a lot of good options for our business for reaching to our patients. Their team that does the website are very good and whenever we called and wanted something changed or updated, their response was very quick. Jenny is our sales rep and she is very nice. She comes out, updates our contract, and makes sure that everything is in place that we need.

But it took eight months to get the billing part straight because they outsourced their customer service for that and the reps could not understand me. I like to speak to somebody who can at least speak English and understand what is going on. But now I have a number to call to speak to somebody in case I need help. All in all, I would recommend DexYP because all their good qualities kinda outweigh that one negative part. They’ve done wonderful things for us.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We always try to improve our company and try to get quality products. I've been searching online and found having DexYP would be perfect for us so I got a contract with them for a year. The most I use the website is to get and set up appointments, do invoices and estimates, and remind customers when they have appointments with us. They are helping me to promote my business. They tried to do something to attract more customers for me.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Writing as contacted this company several times to cancel or reduce my account. Their product offering is irrelevant, and they did not do what they promised. Customer service reps that are shady and they never resolve or help. I closed my business and they refused to cancel the agreement, which I was told was a month to month. I contacted my credit card company for help. During my calls the customer service rep said there was no way for him to do it, talk to my sales rep... but my rep didn't work there anymore. Chad. So they couldn't, but the manager would call me... and they never did. Hasn't happened. Just hung up with no resolution. Then I get a threatening email from a debt collector saying they will litigate.

Hi Leigh -

I'm sorry to know of the frustration outlined regarding your experience. Brandon, in our Executive Claims Dept was assigned your case and will be contacting you in with hopes of address all concerns regarding this matter.

Thanks,

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We have DexYP for many years now and we're continuing on. They have our information up on the internet and they do advertising for us through the phone books, internet, phone, and yellow pages. Their service is pretty valuable to us and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They're very helpful. They listened to questions and answered the ones that I needed to know at the time to continue the service. Plus, the rep I talked to at the time was really nice to me.

Resolution response: Oct. 9, 2018

DexYP contacted me in regard to the complaint. The listings were updated to the best of my knowledge. The contract had been canceled since the ads were applied to the wrong address and location. I was satisfied with the outcome. It took several calls to have this resolved, but it finally was taken care of.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased an ESS package from DexYP at the end of August 2018 for a 12 month contract. This was suppose to include advertising for our new business. I found my home address listed on 7 different search engines with an incorrect business name. We live in a different city than our business. It took several hours on the phone to get these listings removed. I requested that the contract be canceled because of all the issues. The advertising was for a wrong location wrong business name, and wrong phone number.

I have been told that for any changes to be made on the contract that my business advisor needs to request it. Well, never spoke to this person and left several voice mails and have not heard anything back from her. Contacted several others at DEXYP and the same story. Yesterday, one person in the dispute dept was absolutely horrible to talk to. Never had any issues like this before trying to get some resolution to this. I would not recommend this company to anyone, they are terrible. No one knows what is going on, and there is no one able to resolve the issues.

Hi Betty -

My apologies for the issues outlined in your review. This is definitely not the experience we want our clients to have. I was happy to hear that our Executive Care Team was able to reach out to you and resolve the matter.

Thanks,

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

DexYP has always provided advertising for us. They've been doing our Yellow Pages and we've been happy with everything. Also, whenever we reach out to them, they always provide great service.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Dealing with the company has been very easy. They communicate often. We use them for our website, phone book ads, and online ads and google boosts/listings, etc. They break down usage for you to see, good tool for businesses. We would recommend them to others.

DexYP Company Information