Call toll free
3.29/5

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DexYP provides an all-in-one management software targeted towards small business as well as digital and print marketing solutions with the intent of saving both time and money. DexYP's flagship product, Thryv, provides for a single platform for you to manage your day-to-day business tasks and more. With Thyv, you're able to manage customer communication via email and text as well as manage business listings, ratings, and reviews. Thyv also allows for client scheduling, quote processing, invoice and coupon generation, as well as payment processing.

In addition to Thryv, DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

DexYP Video
DexYP Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1069 DexYP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We’ve been advertising with DexYP for several years now. It is for our business. They do website design, phonebook advertising, and listings online. They need to lower their advertising prices though. But other than that, it is valuable having DexYP for our business.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

DexYP reached out to us and I liked what they had to offer. They had a very personable and knowledgeable sales agent. Currently, they are doing our webpage as well as advertising. Their service has been very good for our company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I am currently haggling about charges they say are owned by our company. I've been with my company for a bit over two years and have responsibility for directory listings. I have never ordered or authorized anything with DexYP. More than a year ago, I responded to a bill with a request for verification that the service had ever been ordered. They could not provide it, so I did not authorize payment. Bills continued to come, along with calls demanding payment.

I repeatedly asked for some form of acceptable verification that would justify payment. All but two of my requests were ignored. The two people who tried to produce some proof that bills were legit contacted me to say they were sorry, but could find nothing. After nearly two years, they have moved to collection and are still unable to provide even minimal proof that anything about these bills is justified or that any order beyond 2016 exists. I started making a good-faith request but would no longer trust them for the smallest task. I regard them as incompetent and unethical.

Hi Tim -

I hate to hear that you feel this way. I can assure you that the satisfaction of our clients means the world to us here at DexYP. Your concerns were relayed to our Executive Care Team who advised that they reached out to you in an effort to discuss this matter with hopes of addressing all concerns and try to work to resolve.

Unfortunately, Executive Care advised that you disconnected the phone call. We can only assist you if we are able to hold a conversation with you which we are eager to do at this time. If you change your mind about speaking with us, please give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

When I signed onto the program, my original "business advisor" account rep, asked me 3 times to confirm the information I wanted on my business listing. This was on January 25, 2019. The guy ended up putting my cell phone number, which got called one time over the weekend. I called my account manager Monday morning and requested him to change the number ASAP. He then tells me it will take 24-48 hours for the business information to be updated (This makes no sense why it takes so long) but whatever. I waited, it took about 30 hours to change, to another wrong phone number, this time the number when rang - would ring to the "your call cannot be completed as dialed message." He messed up the last 4 digits, he put in 9300 when its supposed to be 3300. This upset my boss and me, so when I called in again, I asked to speak to his supervisor and requested a new account manager.

I was then told that the number was supposed to be 9300 for tracking purposes, even though it was first my phone number, then this wrong number, so I clicked to call on the phone with the manager and told him the phone number doesn't go anywhere. He said he was sorry and has submitted the number change request and should be live in 24-48 hours. This conversation happened on January 30, 2019. After numerous more phone calls to get this updated, speaking with several reps, it did not get fixed until today, February 15, 2019. To get the correct phone number listed, it took 2 freaking weeks!

When I asked what they could do to compensate me for the troubles, and the long delay in action being taken they proceeded to tell me that they comped my first month of advertising... Even though for 2 weeks, it was not possible for me to get a single call due to there incompetence. He said yeah, we didn't prorate the 2 weeks, we gave you the full month free. After the numerous hours on the phone, blatant lies, and incompetence of the managerial staff. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ADVERTISING WITH yellow pages!

Hi Daine -

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration outlined in your review. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to you soon to address all concerns.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

DexYP provides us with advertising services in phone books and they help us with the webpage through Thryv. Their customer service is knowledgeable in the computer aspect of things and they have done a good job of assisting us. We deal with Brad, the sales rep, and he has been straightforward and upbeat.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

A long time ago, we started with DexYP as we were trying to get a website. Then we stopped it for about a year. They either wanted to charge me $6,000 for a website or give me some little cheap website but it's nothing like modern times. It didn't work right. We've had a lot of problems with them in the past and it took forever for us to get away from them. But we needed more help. I do a lot of the stuff in the background myself by listing our name in different places because we just changed the name of our business and DexYP was offering Thryv where we could keep our business listings matching.

So, I took a chance again and this time, it's different. It's like I'm dealing with different people. Their people don't seem to be connected to the other advertising, the Yellow Book part, where we were in the Yellow Pages. There, I could never get ahold of their customer service and if I did, they would never help me or they would try to upsell me something and that was all they cared about. It was a bad situation. But now, it seems to be a lot better. I still don't trust the company that much even though we are doing business with them right now but I think they're a good company.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I sold my business with only 4 months left on a 50 dollar a month contract. Dex would not help out with canceling the contract. I understand a contract is a contract but if someone no longer owns the business there should be a compromise. The remaining 200 dollars must mean more to them than myself. I will pay it but would never suggest anyone to ever do business with this company. I was never really impressed with the advertising I did anyway.

Hello Randall -

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter. Our Executive Care Team will be contacting you to address all concerns.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We have been a customer of DexYP for quite a few years. It was time to cancel our contract with them, we felt we weren't getting what we needed from them advertisement wise. They auto renew contracts for 14 months which is a long time... I realized today after seeing a bill from them that surely our contract is up. Called them and they said we didn't cancel after receiving our renewal notice a few months back so we were stuck for 14 months again!! I said I had never received the notice. A rep there was able to verify that we indeed never received this renewal notice! I asked them to let me out of this contract. NOPE!! They said it was HALF my fault for not cancelling even though they never sent me a renewal notice so they would half my bill for the remaining contract time. WHAT???

How can they force me into a contract when they never sent me a notice??? We will NEVER be back to them. What a terrible solution they came up with. DO NOT advertise with them, you will NEVER get out of your contract!! They only want money and have no regard for their clients at all. So disappointed in them. I am absolutely DISGUSTED at their practices.

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry to hear of the issues outlined. I was informed that an associate was able to speak with you regarding this matter and resolved it to your satisfaction. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do so.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

This is a fraudulent company, they sign you up for bogus advertising and search optimization that never happens. They keep bogus algorithms to cover the rob calls they send out to show their system is working which in fact is not. I have tried numerous times to cancel this service and they continued to ignore my requests. Their system does not work and the only way they SAY they will let you out is if I pay $1475 to be released from this contract. I signed up with their rep in March 2018. Called in August to try and cancel because it was not working for my business, then again in October, November and now February. I also asked if there could be an arrangement to be released from this contract. Eric ** said no, he was not willing to negotiate in any way and was sorry to hear I wasn't happy with their fraudulent service. I am sure I am not the only customer complaining about this company, Please feel free to reach out to me if needed.

Hello Christina -

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the outlined matter. Our Executive Care Team has made attempts to reach you regarding this matter to no avail. If you are still in need of assistance, please let me know or respond to the rep via email or phone.

- Ed

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I bought the company from its old owner that I worked for and it has had DexYP for quite some time. The interaction with the reps has been good.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We reached out to DexYP many years ago and since I am from the industry, I realized that they knew what they were talking about when they were here. That convinced me to give them an ear when I otherwise wouldn’t have. We wanted to enhance our online representation. DexYP's services have been valuable because our industry switched a lot from yellow pages, paper prints, and paper ads to online. Five years ago, I still did print ads but we no longer do that and don’t even consider it because we have enough workload with the business we generate to either former customers or online. DexYP handles all my Google adverts. It was a learning curve in the beginning because our business is kind of unusual and we are a niche product but once we settled on keywords and categories, we got it running and it works very well. Also, the people from DexYP are very nice to work with.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was a YP customer for many years, for my business. Each year a contract is signed by both the provider and customer, outlining the products/services/fees associated with the agreement. Imagine my surprise when my monthly invoice balance was $5 higher each month. Finally I discovered that this "other charge" was for SENDING ME A PAPER INVOICE. What company makes a customer pay $5 per month to send them a bill? The fee (not described in invoice) is not on par with any cost they actually may have, related to mailing a bill. I believe it is a deceptive practice (not disclosed, not agreed to prior) as a way to force consumers to "choose" paperless. I believe this is a breach of consumer law, and I've argued with DexYP about the practice (so far to no avail - I still decent, they continue the charge. I discovered that in recent years this exact topic was referenced specific to "banks" and deceptive practices: **.

Hello Cadnice -

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration regarding the billing charge. We'll be reaching out to you to discuss this matter at length.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

If I could give this company negative stars I would. We were scammed into a contract for a service that has shown to be useless. We called in November to get out of said contract and were told that we no longer had to pay $170 a month. We got a bill in this week charging us for an additional two months $170 each. We called again today and were told we could not back out of contract and had to pay $170 until September, when we explained the previous person we spoke to said we could back out the lady basically called us liars. It sounded like she was reading from a script instead of having a real conversation. They are scam artists! Do not work with!!!

Hi Tina -

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration outlined in your review and we are saddened to know that you want to cancel your account. This matter has been escalated and you'll be contacted by our Executive Care Team in an effort to try and resolve.

Thanks,

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

DexYP’s representative came in and showed us what we could do and all the advantages. At that time, I wasn't happy with what I had so going with DexYP seemed like a logical choice. Right now, the only thing I've been using is the webpage. They had set up a whole new webpage which I like and had good response from. But the representative called the other day and explained all the other stuff I'm not using. So they're also trying to keep me posted. I'm technologically challenged so a lot of this new stuff overwhelms me but I'm working into it gradually. They have a lot of different apps which I have not gotten into yet but We've only had DexYP for a couple of months and so far, I've been really pleased with them. I've had no problems and that's what I look for.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We were trying to get into the 21st century and start a website, so our company decided to reach out to DexYP. Our experience with their customer service has been great. But after we got our website set up, we just dropped the ball on it, so we haven’t done a whole lot with it. But everybody has been great anytime we had questions. So far, the service has been valuable to the company. More people are calling off of finding us online as opposed to before.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I bought a business from someone who had signed up with DexYP in the past. I wanted to cancel the contract because she was not getting her money's worth from the amount she was spending every month. She didn't even know where her ads were located. I reluctantly paid them off for the remaining part of the year 2017 to be done with them, and not see any more bills. DexYP set up this plan. As soon as January 2018 came around, DexYP started billing my retail business again... for absolutely nothing, and without me signing anything. I never approved any phone book ad, or Internet advertising. Nothing was put in front of me for approval if there is an ad out there.

The accounting "department" would call me during business hours and threaten me constantly, spending hours on the phone every month because I had to explain to the same person every time and they would put me on hold for a long time, supposedly talking to a supervisor. Over and over again. One time I had several customers to take care of at once and she said if I hang up or put her on hold she would send me to collections.

They couldn't show me what I was paying for... They had nothing for me to look at, no print ads, no online advertising. They finally did send me to a collection company who has also been reported to the government for illegal actions... Rauch-Milliken. This so-called collection agency calls frequently during my busy times also threatening me and unbelievably rude. I refuse to pay these people. I truly believe it is some sort of scam and needs to be brought forth publicly, as I am not the only one with similar issues. Honestly, I believe the two companies are one and the same. There's something not right here, and I wish I had the resources to figure it out.

Please do your research, if you look up DexYP on Yelp, you will see the same sort of reviews over and over again. I don't wish this kind of grief on anyone. This has been going on for over a year now. If I were to catch up and pay the bill, the statements would just keep coming. You may think everything is ok at first, but in the end you may regret signing a contract that won't let you out. You will not receive what they are promising. The wording is such that the contract cannot be cancelled. Please forget using this company and spend your money elsewhere... Google, Facebook, Yelp, TripAdvisor.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I set up DexYP when I originally opened back in September but it’s really not serving me any purpose. Also, I’m not using Thryv and I have to pay for it. They’re costing me more than it’s helping me. There may be one a month coming in from Google or Facebook but for the most part, all my trucks are all word of mouth. Thryv called and wanted my opinion and there was a whole bunch of features in there that I didn’t even know existed. In fact, I am trying to cancel DexYP but they have not officially cancelled it because their computers have broken down and they said they would call me back to cancel everything.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Just paid 1650.00 for service that I didn't receive. Was either pay Dexyp or pay an attorney. Spoke with a young lady named Crystal to start my new service. Paid with debit card. Thought was all good. Card gets compromised and on top of that 3 weeks later our site and contact info still was not showing up online. Gave a few more days because I wanted to give them a chance for our name to get out, it is advertising and it doesn't happen overnight, or at least I thought. Realized when it was time for the next payment that nothing ever got done with my account.

Called customer service while on Google and spoke to a guy named Jacob about the absence of our listing. He said he would look into this problem and lo and behold it pops up on Google while on the phone with him, after paying for the first month. I send email next couple of days to cancel. Didn't realize had to be canceled before 21 days. Like I said trying to give it time to work. Jacob and Crystal sends back email apologies for us having to cancel. Jacob communicates that account is taken care of. Next few months get bills from Dexyp showing 0 balance. 5 months later find out account has been handed over to collection company and Jacob stops answering customer service.

On top of all this, I have a contract from Crystal stating 21 days to cancel, the collection sent me a contract that says 10 days to cancel and in talking to the collection person she misspoke and mentioned that at canceling when we did at 31 days we were a day late. So is it 10 days, 21 days or 30 days to cancel. Either way if my account would have been online when I paid for it like I was told it would, I would not have canceled. Absolutely would not recommend Dexyp. I would give 0 stars but this app will not let you.

Hi Danny -

I'm very sorry for the issues relayed and apologize for any inconvenience this matter caused you. Anita, in our Executive Care Dept, advised that she spoke with you and was able to resolve the matter.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

After 11 years as a Yellow Pages customer, I cancelled my annual contract with Dex. The salesperson said I would have to pay for an additional 2 months more than the original contract. Calls to the company resulted in escalation and the senior rep was rude, refused to listen, talked over me and insisted that I had signed up for a 13 month contract that started on a different date than my original contract. Rude and a ripoff. I will be advising my clients never to do business with Dex because their business practices are sneaky and their reps are rude.

Hi Carol,

Customer service is something that we take great pride in, so I greatly apologize that we didn't meet that high standard during your attempts to address and resolve the outlined matter. I was happy to be informed that our Executive Care Team reached out to you and worked to resolve this matter to you satisfaction. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to do so.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I wanted to get more advertising online so people could find us appealing and DexYP reached out to me. The customer service rep I dealt with was great. DexYP's service has been very valuable and I'm seeing an increase in customers. Plus, recently, they upgraded me to something. My experience with them has been fine and I'd tell others to give them a try.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I had advertised with them for about a year and a half. And then, based on new promises I have agreed to purchase new services from them. As for the new services, they processed my payment and then failed to keep a telephone appointment with me and I have received absolutely no calls from potential clients. Further, when they solicited my new agreement they agreed to compromise a past due balance they alleged I owed. As soon as the new agreement was made they turned me over to collection and did not comply with the agreement regarding any alleged past due balance. During the year and a half agreement I did not receive new clients and in fact when I received client calls they were for services I do not provide. I told them about this issue and they did not correct it. Horrible service. A total waste of money.

Hi Karin -

I'm sorry to hear of any confusion surrounding your account and billing and apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you. I was informed that we were able to speak with you regarding this matter and worked to resolve for you. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I signed a contract with this company where they committed to make my business visible to my clients, the results were horrible, only 3 or 4 clients saw my business monthly, so I paid the penalty of breaking these useless services, then they charged me double. Two months I have been trying to get my money back without any results. This company is a waste of time and money. Horrible.

Hello Yoan -

We're sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding the performance of your account. Client satisfaction is paramount to us here at DexYP. Our Executive Care Team will be reaching out to you to address this matter at length.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have used this company for a year to manage my company website and have not gotten any business from it. There were all kinds of promises made to me when I signed up with premium services (over 400.00 per month) and they never delivered on any of them. My original account manager is no longer employed there although when I recently called to complain they gave me his contact as my account manager. After a year, my contact and website were still not available on Google and there was no Facebook page.

Although the technical service people were very nice and pleasant to speak with, I am growing more frustrated by the day. I was told that I need to supply content for the site. I am wondering what have I paid nearly 5K for. If I have to provide all of the content I could have figured out how to do it myself. They did absolutely nothing for a year except charge me monthly. THAT WAS NO PROBLEM!! I am considering legal action as I have received zero consideration. RUN AWAY!!!

George,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention here via Consumer Affairs. Client satisfaction and support is extremely important to us at DexYP, so I greatly apologize if we didn't meet our very own high standard. We'll be promptly reaching out to you regarding this matter in an effort to resolve.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

These people know nothing of running a local business, they changed my local numbers that I had for over 20 years to a tracking number without letting me know, almost catastrophic failure of a whole company that has been in business over 25 years, luckily I've got a lot of returning clients, these guys should be sued by everyone they have done wrong. I'm calling an attorney first chance I get. This company is full of clowns, and I'm still being billed. I've cancelled many times, and in California they must disclose they have an auto renew policy, they did not. Drop them now and hope it works.

Hi Heath,

We'e sorry to know of the dissatisfaction outlined in your review. This matter has been escalated for prompt research and follow up with you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My dispute with DexYP is the same as many other reviewers on this site. I called to cancel service before the renewal deadline. I have notes from the phone call, with date and time. They say they don't have a record of the call, as they have with so many other reviewers. They say "a cancelation notice was filed" a couple months later, presumably by the sales rep, who wanted to keep their commission. And they say they are going to keep sending us bills. It sounds like they are doing the same thing to businesses over and over. At what point does it become clear that it's a part of their business practices, and therefore, habitual fraud? We aren't paying this fraudulent bill and will never advertise with them again.

Hello Travis,

My apologies for the issues outlined regarding your account experience. Thank you for allowing Somer in our Executive Care Dept the opportunity to assist you with resolving this matter.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My email address still does not work (nearly 1 year). My website receives no traffic. The Facebook posts they send out go to the same 30 people each week. The salesman refuses to return calls. The customer care team is never available. I cannot even cancel my service, because no one is available in that department. I call **! Stay far away from this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We signed up DexYP for email, advertising and social media. I usually deal with the young lady, Christine. She calls and gives me the update regarding how many calls through DexYP. We've been using them for years now and they've been extremely valuable to the company. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

DexYP does online advertising for us and we've been really happy with them. I spoke to their rep last month and the month before. We went over some of the new things they offer on the website and that interaction was very good.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Thryv: Would not recommend this company to anyone. I spent close to $900.00 for nothing. This company is the worst I have ever worked with. All lies... They don't come through on what they say...but will take your MONEY... Very Disappointing. If you try to reach out to your point of contact they never answer the phone and will overcharge your credit card with no notice at all on charge.

Good afternoon, Abel -

The issues outlined in your review definitely concern us. Client support and satisfaction are paramount to us here. We'll be reaching out to you regarding this matter to address and work to resolve all concerns.

Ed

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I bought the company last spring, and when we did that, we were in the process of trying to get some information changed with DexYP. It's still not changed and that has not been a very good experience. The new publication is already out, and we didn't make it. Sometimes, I can't understand DexYP's customer service reps since they're not English speaking. But we maintained DexYP because we have a vast audience and older clients tend to use the phonebook and the Yellow Pages.

DexYP Company Information