Call toll free
3.56/5
Based on 376 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DexYP provides an all-in-one management software targeted towards small business as well as digital and print marketing solutions with the intent of saving both time and money. DexYP's flagship product, Thryv, provides for a single platform for you to manage your day-to-day business tasks and more. With Thyv, you're able to manage customer communication via email and text as well as manage business listings, ratings, and reviews. Thyv also allows for client scheduling, quote processing, invoice and coupon generation, as well as payment processing.

In addition to Thryv, DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

DexYP Video
DexYP Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

863 DexYP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I went through all kinds of trouble to cancel my contract in February 2017 because they make it extremely difficult to reach someone who has the power to cancel contracts. I was relieved to be done with it and put DexYP out of my mind. Today, I got a letter from them saying, "your current advertising will automatically renew" with the amount that they will be billing me for! When I called, the only option is to leave a message. I know from previous experience that they do not return calls. Since I am not currently advertising with DexYP, how can they "automatically renew"? Do I have to waste a lot of time trying to get through to them to make sure that it doesn't renew?

Hi Margaret -

I'm sorry to know of this matter. Chris, in our Executive Claims Dept advised that he attempted to reach you via phone today, but your staff wasn't able to put him through to you, He also emailed you. If you could please call or email Chris back at your convenience as he is eager to help.

Ed

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My experience was terrible with Dex Media. Our Dex yellow page salesman sold us a telephone book add program. His sales pitch was it include a free digital program called THRYV. the first month of the program we received a bill for $624.00 and each month thereafter. I have contacted Dex Media nine time both on the phone and by certified mail. The salesman lied to us with a bait and switch. Dex Media when confronted with our complaint, claimed we agree to the charges and "Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha" you're stuck and must pay the charges. It appears this is the most dishonest company we have ever meet. Stay away!

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for the experience mentioned. This matter was escalated and we'll be contacting you as soon as possible to address all concerns.

- Ed

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I feel like I am living in hell. Nothing I do will end my relationship with Dex Media, Thryv, DexYP, whatever you are called. I've done everything I can think of, short of hiring a lawyer, to end my relationship with this company. They have supposedly ended my contract and promised not to invoice me anymore ever again. They've promised to take my information out of their system to end the automatic invoicing. I have email and text evidence of all of this. And I keep getting invoices! This has been going on for years now! I had to close a bank account solely because of you!

If I hadn't closed that bank account, I would be surprised to find hundreds or thousands of dollars taken from me, illegally from you. Now I wonder if my credit is being ruined because of you. At this point I guess there is nothing left to do other than seeking professional help from a lawyer to see if this can ever be straightened out. Thanks for showing me how truly despicable a company can be.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the outlined concerns and my apologies for the frustration regarding this matter. I'll get this matter over to our Executive Care Team to look into and contact you as soon as possible.

- Ed

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We dropped DexYP. All they do for us now are our print and yellow pages. We went with a local marketing firm because I prefer dealing with somebody local that I can go and talk to instead of talking to somebody in Houston, which wasn't working for us.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Are you able to cancel my contract? My company is Mast Consulting, LLC. I started using the Thryv service in April 2017. I was told I could pay month to month and cancel anytime. After more than one year, I called the support line to cancel. They said "You have a one year contract." I did NOT sign a one-year contract. I want to cancel my subscription as of July 31, 2018. Can you do this? Please respond directly to me using the number on file.

Hi Keith -

Sorry to hear of any confusion surrounding your account. This matter has been escalated to our Executive Claims Team. They will be reaching out to you regarding all concerns.

Ed

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

After a year with NO help in marketing, I pulled the plug and fired them. Then I find out, everything I paid for them to create for my company, they claim is THEIR PROPERTY. I am left with NO webpage, and I am now paying AGAIN to have someone create one. Sorry I can't give them less than one star.

Hello Charles -

I hate to know that we lost you as a valued client. When a website is built by us and a client cancels, our policy is that the website lives with DexYP. I apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused you.

Original review: July 31, 2018

For your own sake, stay as far away from DexYP as you can. This business is a scam with a complete lack of ethics. I purchased a business that had signed a marketing agreement with DexYP. Upon taking over the business, I immediately notified DexYP that I would not continue working with DexYP. As requested by DexYP, I filled out their form documenting that I was not financially responsible for anything related to the former owner of my business. DexYP acknowledged that I filled out the correct form and they transferred ownership of the website to me. 13 months later I am getting collections notices and calls from DexYP despite the fact that I properly ended the contract and I have NEVER signed any agreement for their services. What kind of company does that??? Seriously, you are definitely throwing your money and setting yourself up for a lot of anger and frustration if you decide to have anything to do with this company.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We have been with Dex since 2012 and have had some problems with them along the way but for the last year I cannot get them to update my Google Map page among other problems. I called them numerous times. They would say yes they can fix it but never do, also their Thryv product is a joke at this point. At first they gave me a campaign manager so I had 1 point of contact for all the online products then they switched me to a different campaign manager who I left messages and got no response. After that they tried to say I will no longer have a campaign manager and so I call the number and someone in another country picks up. They can barely speak English say they will help you then hang up on you.

Finally my local rep said he will get me a campaign manager again but never did. They say whatever it takes get you to renew but in the end the BAD service continues. In the last 6 years we have spend approximately $60,000 with Dex but this is the end. I have contacted Cliff ** numerous times. He always says they will fix it or he will call you right back but he never follows through. So after 6 years I would recommend to stay away from Dex.

Hi Aaron -

We value you as a long time client. I'm sorry to know of the issues encountered surrounding your account and lack of follow up on our behalf. We take great pride in customer care, so I greatly apologize that we missed the mark during your attempts to reach out regarding this matter. Be assured that this matter has been escalated for prompt follow up and call back.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I called a few months ago Interested in advertising my company. Chuck was the rep. We went through all the information and he needed a credit card. I didn’t have one on me. I told him I would wait for my husband to come home and discuss this ad. Chuck said no problem. He will wait for my call. I called Chuck that evening and told him I had to cancel. It was early enough that the advertising in the book would be out yet. So I was pleased he understood. Now thinking everything went well I received a bill today July 30 for the ad. Now what do I do... Please help with this matter.

Good morning, Mary -

My apologies for any confusion surrounding your account being set up and canceled. We'll be happy to look into this matter and do our best to try and resolve it for you. We'll be in contact soon.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Any concerns that I've had has been addressed by DexYP's reps. If I have articles that I want put up on Facebook or a newsletter article put on my website, they take care of that for me. Also, they called and suggested that we put a video on there. They came out and shot that. And that has been effective. Their service has helped increase my business. I get calls just off from internet searches fairly regularly. If someone was interested in that service, I would tell them that DexYP is effective.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Our company already had DexYP before I came along, and now I follow it up since I came on board. We were in need of someone to manage our website. We're a small world and Facebook is a good page to have and it was all I was interested in. A lot of people say that they see our site and it looks good. I speak to a girl named Morgan who is my contact for things that I need and questions that I have. Prior to the switch, she was easier to get a hold of and more responsive. So, there seemed to have been a change. I can't really get anybody on the phone anymore. But since we also got everything up and going, I haven't been quite as needy and I tend to try to reach out via email. All in all, DexYP is decent for what they charge and I would refer them.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Dan, a sales rep, got us started with DexYP. He came in to the store and introduced us. This was three years ago when we recently opened up this location and we needed help with our website. I wasn’t looking for anything. And when Dan came in and explained what Dex was all about and what they could do for us, we needed to have some help with our website.

We needed help with generating clientele watching in the door that was actually looking at an iPhone that was getting information. We would pop up if they Googled contemporary furniture, Orange County contemporary furniture, Laguna Beach, or Newport. And at first, it took a while for us to get to where we’re generated on the first page. And as time went on with the help of DexYP, they helped us implement it so that we now are generically on the front page all the time ‘cause Google now recognized us. We paid fairly dearly for that in the very beginning. We went from an SEO to an SEM or vice versa. We started out with one where we paid for clicks then we scaled down. Once we get generically set up with Google, we didn’t have to put the money into it as much anymore. I was very happy with it.

I would recommend DexYP especially if it’s a newer company who does not have a web presence. If you were any company, that would be important for them to be able to get themselves out in more of a media rather than ink ‘cause ink these days doesn’t draw the clientele, especially younger ones. The would draw the older clientele still, but not the younger.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I wanted our company to get some exposure, so I reached out to DexYP. Everything was good with them and they were very informative.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Thryv REALLY needs to offer a trial period – it took < 12 hours for us to determine that their system wouldn't cut it for us. Even on their highest plan of services, the features are very limited and missing basic things – for example, what they refer to as a CRM is closer to an contact database than any CRM I have experienced. They give you a 72 hour cancellation window so if you sign up on a Thursday, make sure you stay up until 2am to really take a deep dive – otherwise you're in for a 12 month commitment for overpriced nonsense. There are better alternatives at this price point.

Hi Sara -

We hate to know of your dissatisfaction regarding Thryv. We take a lot of pride in our products and go out of our way to ensure that our clients are satisfied. We'd certainly like to discuss this matter with you. Expect a call from our Executive Claims Team as they will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Original review: July 27, 2018

We have our company's marketing and website handled by DexYP. Their customer service is very good and they have been valuable to our company.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I associated with them hoping getting correct reviews, pictures and name of my shop on the business page. After 10 months of paying $69 every months, I don't see any change and improvement. I called in 2 months prior the contract ended, and TOTALLY understand I need to pay full 12 months of $69. I didn't do any stop payment action to my business account, they simply discontinued withdraw last 2 payments from my account. The next thing I know is that they sent me to collection!!! They got my email, my shop number, my cell phone number and shop address, but they decided not bother to notify me, go straight to COLLECTION!! Good job, YP, I am proud of you!

Hello Peilin -

I'm sorry to hear of this matter and apologize for any inconvenience as a result. You will be contacted by our Executive Care Team in an effort to address and try to resolve.

Original review: July 26, 2018

DexYP took over my "Google my Business" account 3 months ago without my permission. I have lost 6 my 5-star reviews and I was once was at the top of Google search first page and now on 3rd page. Don't do business with them. I have been ripped off of my Google status and they won't give me back ownership of my business listing. Unethical business practice if you ask me. Fighting for 3 months now over this matter.

Hi Gary -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined and the frustration experienced as a result. We're looking into this matter and working to resolve as soon as possible. The associates here that you are currently in contact with will be reaching back out to you once our investigation is complete.

Ed

Original review: July 25, 2018

The lady who came in from DexYP was very nice. We decided to use their services and now we have our web page and local listing through them. All the questions I asked, their reps were able to answer. Anytime I had doubts, they would sit down and explain it to me. They would show me where everything came from and where it was going. Furthermore, my website manager checks with me every month and makes sure that I understand everything.

Having DexYP has been great. A lot of parents would come in because they've seen our website and because it's very interactive. I have a lot of parents who are bilingual so they speak either Spanish or another language. DexYP is able to translate the website into the language that is more comfortable for them so they understand everything. I definitely recommend their services.

Original review: July 24, 2018

DexYP is doing a great job on our Facebook page of providing content and providing relevant ones to our business. Also, we see contacts made from the content that they are putting up on our site. They're keeping us upfront in the search engines. We're getting a good value. There were a couple of instances where things didn't get done as quickly as I thought they should or the ball got dropped, but my account manager stepped in and moved things along faster. Give DexYP a try.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We got DexYP for website presence and website advertising and they have been wonderful. All the experiences and conversations that we've had are very professional. I’m very satisfied. All the representative that we’ve been in touch with have all been very helpful. It’s definitely been a very positive experience without a doubt.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I reached out to DexYP at a point where I needed to do something more with our website. We were searching for help for it as well as general search engine help. I had positive interactions with their reps and they were very professional. Some of the processes on how to do certain things on the website are a little overly-complicated. Still, DexYP's team has been very kind to say that if those things are above our level of technology, then we could just send them the stuff and they could put it on our site for us. I would recommend this company to others. Most of the people who found us in the last year and a half did so through the internet, either through DexYP or through the services that they have us advertised on.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 19, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble with this company. When I expressed concern over the cost appropriateness of the advertising the salesperson said I could cancel. When I fully realized that I couldn’t afford it and it didn’t even come close to a good representation to what I do. I tried to cancel and ask that all representations of me taken. I was denied. I now out of business. I filed appropriate forms. They have denied that and are still trying to collect. This has caused me and my family emotional and financial damage.

Hi Karen -

I'm sorry to hear of this situation. I have escalated your concerns to our Executive Claims Team for prompt follow up. They'll be reaching out to you soon with hopes of working to try and resolve.

Ed

Original review: July 18, 2018

We really like DexYP's website for our company. We can edit it and do whatever we want to with it for the most part. We have also enjoyed our experiences with the customer service. They’ve all been really helpful and I have enjoyed getting to talk to people on the other line. We got hold of everybody all the time and they’ve not any issues there at all, except for once where we had to call a couple of times. We haven't had them call back immediately, but just that one time. The only downside we have with DexYP is that it’s a little expensive. Still, their service has been valuable to the company. I’ve really enjoyed that they've done all of our Facebook posts and some of the little things.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Before I started in our company 4 years ago, they have been working with DexYP and the DexYP service has been valuable. We use them for the phone book. Some of my interaction with the customer service team went okay while there are some of them where I’m still standing and scratching my head. They usually send us a bill then we mail them the payment. But for some reason, they are sending us two bills. One bill is for $200 a month and the other one is a $25 bill. Why don’t they combine those all into one and send one bill like they used to? Other than that, our experience has been good.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I signed up initially on 2/7/18 for what the rep informed me was a presence program. I was told I was getting a 50% discount. It turned out the program was useless. I called, texted and emailed and no response. When I called to cancel they assigned a new rep, gave me a different program and assured me it would work. I gave them my business credit card for the new amount of $240.00. This was another useless program, everything they promised in writing was not done.

Then they charge my credit card $340.00 twice in 1 day without authorization. I sent Koree over 15 emails, screenshots of the text messages and her solution was to refund me $200.00. I am a small cleaning business and what DexYP did was the equivalent of me charging someone for cleaning and then not provide the service. How can the company justify charging a card I did not authorize when I signed the 2nd agreement. The calls are recorded and Koree is fully aware that I gave my business credit card and not my personal.

Hi Janisse -

I'm sorry to know of the issues relayed regarding your account experience. This matter has been escalated for prompt follow up. Please expect a call soon.

Ed

Original review: July 13, 2018

We have been a DexYP client as long as the yellow books have been published. We advertise with YP separately before they merged, so now we have two separate accounts with the company. It was originally Verizon then it was transferred to SuperMedia, and then Dex Media, now DexYP. They host our website and I’m satisfied with what we get from them and the support that we receive from them as well.

Original review: July 10, 2018

We used the old Dex text service and while there was also a huge issue with Dex (lost my entire text list when they changed providers) the old interface was simple, straightforward and reliable and the pricing was great! Thryv's platform tries to be everything to everyone and is a terrible option for those wanting to send text messages. The creation page is awful - multiple sections - the delivery is slow and erratic (sent a text at 3:30pm and wasn't delivered until 3am - and then delivered twice!) and the general premise behind the platform is flawed (companies don't send the same type of content via text as they do via email). I don't use the email program but if it's anything like the text delivery - I'm sure it's filled with bugs. My recommendation is to find a company that specializes in either text or email because this all in one is nothing but trouble!

Original review: July 10, 2018

We're originally doing advertising with DexYP and their customer service has been good. They're friendly, helpful and experienced.

Resolution response: July 10, 2018

Our issue was resolved and we are very happy with the outcome.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I am trying to cancel our contract. The office kept giving me the run around. After I finally spoke to Kyle ** in resolution I was informed that if I want a copy of the contract I need a court order. How can someone follow the rules of a contract and not get a copy to know what the rules are? How do I know that is my contract date? I was told I was sent out a letter to review the advertising content however I never received that. I have been here for 2 years and I haven't seen one yet. Unbelievably my contract renews in July, but I have to give 30 days notice, and I missed it by 28 days. This contract was supposedly in place in 2010. There has been turnover here in the last 8 years.

Good morning, Kim -

I hate to hear that you want to cancel your account and apologize for any issues encountered during your attempts to reach to discuss this matter. A case has been opened regarding this matter and we'll be reaching out in an effort to address and try to resolve.

Ed

Original review: July 3, 2018

DexYP has a reputation that made us end up with having their service. We've been using them for years and my contact person is great. However, the changes are terrible. About two months ago, they started to keep adding and changing different things that are not working on this end and they're not able to fix them. And I'm not the only one that's complaining about them either. They haven't handled it yet and their customer service is waiting to get answers from their managers.

Now, I don't know where some of the calls or my leads are coming from. So DexYP needs to stop changing programs. When it's working perfectly fine, there's no need to be adding items that nobody is asking for that are causing more confusion than good. They need to figure out all these issues that everybody has been having and get them fixed so that we can run our businesses. And if you're considering DexYP, be cautious on what products you'll be getting because sometimes they're not worth it right now. Some are good, some are not.

DexYP Company Information

Dallas
TX
www.thryv.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business