Accredited Partner

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Thryv, Inc. supports more than 400,000 local businesses across the U.S. with small business software Thryv and Thryv Leads. The company’s cutting-edge technologies connect small businesses with their target consumers and help them manage their day-to-day work. The company also provides print and online directories The Real Yellow Pages, including 25 million monthly visitors to yellowpages.com, Superpages.com and DexKnows.com.

Thryv, Inc. helps businesses manage their work easier and get found fast, wherever consumers are searching.

Thryv Video
Thryv Gallery (4)
View More View More

Thryv Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 23, 2020

Steve, the other owner, is the point person for maintaining our social media presence and he has gotten the hang of using Thryv to be able to post simultaneously on Facebook and Instagram. It was hard figuring out exactly how to do that, but we had a conference call with our rep and with somebody in tech support at Thryv and they got some bugs worked out. We’ve worked through some issues like that and the customer support has been good. Our local rep has been very responsive too. When we had an issue with getting virus alerts on our webpage and we had to get it changed to a secure website format, he was right on that and got us plugged in with tech support. They were very helpful and they got it taken care of right away, so that was excellent.

We’ve had positive responses with the platform being able to better coordinate social media presence and we’re pleased. We know there’s a lot more potential for us to make more efficient use of the platform, and once we get through some of the chaos we’re going through right now, we’ll be able to focus our attention on it. There are some other things that we really want to do and I’m confident that we’ll get the support we need. We look forward to having a little more leisure to realize some more efficiencies from the platform. I have recommended it to other merchants as well. As grotesque as the situation is now, we’re trying to regard it as an opportunity for us to demonstrate our value to the community.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2020

To have our calls scanned, we reached out to Thryv. Everything goes through there. People can click the little widgets on our website, which helps a ton, and it shows you how many people have called. It pretty much keeps track of everything. And it is nice that you can send out those campaign type things if you want, hence the text message thing. But it’s not the easiest thing to maneuver through those campaign things. I feel like it should be a lot easier than what it is. I wouldn’t consider myself the smartest computer person but I can figure out quite a few things, and it’s a little confusing. Otherwise, Thryv’s done great for us.

The system works okay. It’s nice to see that they can put our ads and stuff out there on different websites and people can see them that way. But there's one thing that I still don’t understand. For my dentist appointments, they will send me a text message saying, “Thank you for setting up your appointment,” then they will send me a reminder. But I’ve never gone on to anything and accepted that I wanted to receive text messages. I don’t mind them. On Thryv, that’s one thing that people have to check when they go online. They actually have to sign up for it, which most people do not, so there’s absolutely no way for me to send out a text message from the get-go then they can click, “No,” and subscribe out of it if they want to after that first message.

It’s weird to me. It’s hard getting people’s emails. I have a majority of all our customers’ cellphone numbers because that’s how we contact them. I’d like to send out text messages like, “Hey, rate your trip,” or, “Hey, look forward to your upcoming trip.” But everyone has to subscribe to that first. I feel like Thryv should be able to send one first then they can opt out of it if they want to.

Thryv response

Hi Jessica, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, and I'm glad to hear that Thryv is working so well for you. If we can ever be of assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. ^Matt S.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was a little bit concerned about the way that the technology works nowadays and I was looking to be on the web map so we decided to go through Thryv. I have been with them probably since about six months ago and so far, it has been really helpful because of all the administrative tools that the Thryv platform gives us. It makes things simpler and easier. They also put me down on the web map. The membership is very affordable too. However, there is a little simple thing that we don’t like about the scheduling on the platform. I raised that we cannot add any kind of comments on the scheduled dates. So, we have to do it completely apart and go to the scheduling or the customer data. But that’s the only thing that I will say could be fixed.

Given the times that I have interactions with the Thryv members, it has been really cool. They were always very helpful in all the concerns that we had, specifically at the beginning. If I try to contact to do questions to the person who was the first to reach out to present to me what Thryv is, she is always very accessible and always there to help us out.

Thryv response

Hi Roberto, I'm so glad to hear that Thryv has been helpful for you and your business. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Matt S.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I went with DexKnows back in 2011 when I had a wash window cleaning service, but I closed that business down. I'm now on my third business and I went with Thryv because first time I went with DexKnows, I got about 30 calls and I wound up getting about 19 to 20. I went with DexYP too, but I never got calls. In 2013, more people are looking at phone book. Now, it’s the internet these days. But so far, I've had one scam email from somebody overseas who was supposed to give me the keys to apartment or a house that I'm supposed to go clean. I took it upfront and I went to pay the Realtor too. And I've not receive anything yet. I was trying to see what their endgame was on this. It was too sweet of a deal.

So far, the business is slow. It's the wrong time of the year. I know this area like the back of my hand. People ain't picking up phone books or looking at phone directories. I just got a call 15 minutes ago from a person who wants me to pay $130 a month to put me on 60 directories and all over search engines, and lead finders. I don't do that. I find my own leads. I'm old-fashioned. It's time to get back to the basics, the word-of-mouth and face-to-face. All this technology screws and goes down. When the power grid goes out, everybody is gonna be confused.

I've looked at my coupons and they don't have picture. I don't know how to put them up because I'm doing everything from my mobile phone. I don't have a PC, so the deals I'm offering, I just have a tag there. I don't have a picture. So far, things have always been good. I’ve got three deals going on so I wish they could put a picture. They can dig them out from my website. It’s on Google. If they put a picture with it, it would help me a bit. But I don’t know if they could do that. I’m paying for one phonebook right now and I’m getting one county. It's a big county. It’s got two major cities and it’s got the local airport, the airport that gets to plane the President if he wanted to. I'm a bit late on the payments this month. But so far, anything I’ve asked them to do, they've done. They responded very well.

But the only thing I really got a B-minus for Thryv was the email shows an advertisement. The lady said she bought a house in Bungle, Tennessee and offered to work three days a week. I couldn't meet her. She wants me to take her keys, and pay for a Realtor. I went to the bank and checked it out. I have to be licensed in the state of Tennessee to sell property. And I told her, “I’ll go check this property out.” And I’ve not heard anything back. I’ve not seen the keys yet. So I don’t know if that was a scam.

HomeAdvisor and Charter called me and they were soliciting calls because I have a service number. I’m getting so scared, I've only been making so much a year. If I go $1,100 over, I have to report that because I don't make that much. I've done three gardens in May, I got $120 this year, so next year isn't looking too great. But I’m paying them.

Original review: May 3, 2019

DexYP is one of these things that I do and I just let it roll. I’m so busy doing so many other things so I can’t track back how much we’re getting from that. I have questioned whether or not to stay in the phone book. The online presence is great but other than that, much of our work comes from word of mouth and we receive constant emails and notices about construction projects. So, we do not rely much at all on the YP advertising, other than if a homeowner is looking for some materials and that kind of thing. Our focus is mostly commercial and a lot of that is fed to us through the general contractors. On one of my shelves, I’ve got six different paper phone books and I can’t tell the last time I picked one up. I asked people if they use a phone book and they said no. Nobody uses them anymore. If nobody is looking at it, the question is if I wanna be in there.

The customer service staff are always friendly and very professional. If I have issues, they take care of it. It works and everybody is happy. If it’s not broken, I’m not worried about it. There are other things that are breaking that I gotta pay attention to. It’s like insurance. You wanna be taken care of well while you’ve got it and then when something happens, you wanna be able to look back and say that you’ve got it, which is the same thing with DexYP. When somebody calls and says that they saw us online, that’s great. It’s not very often at all that I can go back and ask how they found us. It’s usually that they found us on our website, which we’re in the process of revamping. Very rarely do I hear that they found us in the phonebook. Nevertheless, DexYP has always been great.

Thryv response

Thank you for your business, Chris, we really do appreciate it.

Matt S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: April 2, 2020

I needed a way to track everything and not have to create it myself. I saw Thryv on TV and it was a perfect commercial for me because I was just getting started, I had to get a new platform. The moment I had the business, I needed to know that I was gonna be able to track everything. The service is always really great. However I ran into some issues, but I think it's cultural communication. Other than that they were just always johnny-on-the-spot, and ready to help. And the young lady was excellent. She should be given a raise and they should use her as an example for customer service. All in all, I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: April 1, 2020

We went with the 4.99 a month package from Thryv. We like the way it works.

Thryv response

So glad you are happy with Thryv, Donald. Thank you for your business. ^Matt S.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I spoke to Jacob about 1 month ago, he was extremely rude, spoke down to me, and chastised me as a "** business owner, that has no idea what I am doing." He talked over me and spoke to me like a child. Today, 3/27/2020 at 2:35(ish)pm to 2:59 (ish)pm I spoke to Laura, she said her employee number is **, she was absolutely useless. Terrible customer service.

I am a business owner, and when I was sold by Kirestin **, it sounded great. However, they posted the wrong business name and was nothing like she described. I called and left several messages and emails, and never got a response. I also didn't receive bills. This service is useless, you guys couldn't even get my business name right. Come on, I can't believe that you have a business, I am sure I am not the only one that has received terrible service! Unfortunately, my business is over, and I wouldn't be surprised if their service helped me in having to close my doors. Let this be a warning, business owners of the world, don't be duped by these IDIOTS!!!

Thryv response

Hi Lucy, I am so sorry to hear about this. I have escalated your comments to our Executive Care Team, they would like to know more about it and find out how we can make it right. You should hear from them within one business day. Again, I'm sorry for this experience, thank you for taking the time to share. ^Matt S.

Original review: March 27, 2020

When I went to renew my annual contract with YP, I asked about something over the internet and they informed me of Thryv. We decided to try it, but I couldn't tell that it really made any difference in the area that we're in, so I decided to cancel it. My representative was nice and knowledgeable though.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Thryv took over Dex, and they contacted me to let me know that they have taken over. We have them because we wanted to get all of our information on our local phonebook and also on the web. I signed our last contract with them over a year ago, and I worked directly with the salesperson who was doing our advertising. Thryv has been great for our hospice agency. The process was easy. Prior to this last year, I was a free standing entity. And then last year, we got acquired by a corporation that has a home marketing department. And so, I was able to connect the two for the actual publication of our picture ads and then also any of our web and internet stuff to be done. So, it was seamless for me this time around.

Thryv Company Information