toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Dex Media

Hi Nicole - We're happy to hear how satisfied you are with our services. We are here for you, and will continue to help you reach your goals when it comes to marketing your business. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

We were looking for somebody who can help us with our website because we're not computer savvy. We needed somebody to help create it and work it for us. We went to Dex Media for their services and their customer service have always been friendly, courteous and very helpful. Dex Media has added a lot of value to our company. They've set up a website with photos, schedules and pricing and they did the layout as well. There are a lot of people that use websites to search for studios. Setting up a website is obviously working for us.

I've been with Dex Media ever since the company has started. They reached out to us and we have long distance and telephone with them. Whenever I need something and call them, they’re always very good about it. It’s been fine so far and I hadn’t had any problem with them. I have it in a couple of different places so it’s very good.

Dex Media

Hello Robert - I can definitely see how the described situation was very frustrating for you, and for that, I greatly apologize on behalf of Dex Media. Be assured that we'll look into your account and reach out to you in an effort to address all concerns and attempt to work toward a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We recently decided to close out our phone and online advertising with Dex Media after many years of dealing with them and, prior, with RR Donnelley. The reason for closing the advertising is I am preparing to retire and do not want any more new clients -- wish to continue on serving existing clients only. A letter we received from Dex Media stated they attempted to contact us about renewing, but we didn't respond. Quite the opposite was true. Every time the rep called, I was in the middle of an appointment and asked that she call me back -- never did in the time frame I asked for.

Well, I called Dex the morning of November 30 and cancelled our advertising or so I was told. When the monthly statements continued, my wife called to find out why we were still being billed and was told that we never cancelled and we were contracted to continue for the remainder of 2017! I then contacted Dex's Dispute Resolution Dept., spoke to Sandy and was told they had no record of any call from our office phone number regarding any cancellation. She offered to give us a 25% monthly discount, but also stated she would ask her supervisor to look into this issue as well.

Several days later, Sandy called back to inform us that her supervisor could not find a recording of our call (how convenient!) and made no further mention of the 25% discount. I have a clear memory of my phone conversation and notes on when the original call to cancel took place, but did not get the Dex representative's name nor her extension. I feel we were "hung out to dry" and also feel the 25% discount to settle this dispute falls far short of being a fair way to settle this disagreement. I wish to completely terminate our company's relationship with Dex and end the billings as we never did authorize renewal of this advertising campaign, and DID attempt to terminate our contract as per Dex instructions in their November 17, 2016 letter from Alaina **.

We put our ad in Dex Media's phone book and our experience with them has been fine. Each of the representatives who comes out has been really good. Dex Media has been professional and I would recommend them.

Dex Media

Nicholas - I hate to hear that you've decided to cancel your account with us, and wish there was something we could do to retain you as a valued client. I apologize for the ongoing matter regarding the refund request outlined. We will look into this matter and ensure a prompt follow up call and resolution. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I own a restaurant and advertised with them for years but their mentality is pre-internet and their results average at best. I canceled and I have been trying to get a refund owed to me since April of 2016. It is not a big one, just 127 dollars but it's mine not theirs. I have lodged three different refund requests and got three different "confirmation numbers" and nothing yet. I just finished requesting it again, JANUARY OF 2017, and I had to endure the call center operator who barely speaks English and has no idea except a script to read from. Now I have to wait another 2-4 weeks pending "approval" (again) of my refund). Meanwhile they keep sending me my statement with refund stated in it and pretend it does not exist. Absolutely a crappy company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dex Media?

Dex Media

Hi Mari - Please accept my apologies for the experiences outlined regarding billing and customer service expectations not being met. We take customer service very seriously here at Dex and will ensure that a thorough follow up is done to address where we failed you. Please expect a call from our Client Care team as they will work with you to address all concerns at length. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

We have been attempting to deal with an issue regarding our advertising bill since April of 2016. They arbitrarily renewed our subscription without our review and somehow we wound up with internet advertising we didn't order. During numerous phone calls since April of last year we have been informed by a robotic voice that a customer service representative would be with us shortly and then have been left on hold for well over an hour and have finally given up, however the ONE time I did get hold of a real human being, I was assured that the online advertising had been removed and we didn't have to pay it any longer.

My new bill still shows that charge and now I can't get through again. Online "Live chat" gives no help and last time I tried that I was disconnected several times because "no operators were available". Our numerous emails have never EVER been answered even though their automated reply says someone would respond to that email within 48 hours. This company is a complete travesty of customer service! They threaten all sorts of things if you don't pay your bill but won't talk with you if there is a problem.

Dex Media

Good morning, Annette - I'm sorry to hear of the issues surrounding your account and the lack of follow up after your attempts to reach out for assistance. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us here at Dex Media. Our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Advertising/Web Production - Please have someone in Customer Care be in touch and STAY in touch by TELEPHONE to complete/resolve this 2015 issue. Been a Verizon YPage customer since business inception,1992 and then the spiral down began as the division was sold. Spun off to few companies ending with Dex Media! My reps have promised a lot and "helped" upfront, now to the results. In 2015 Ad/web campaign I was talked into them taking over and creating me a new website, which was Never properly created, installed or given me the results they stated -- because they have an "inside track" to the NEW Google guidelines. This was tied to my YP ad too! I have Detailed records of phone calls --including 3 MAJOR dropped calls with NO follow-up.

They have the BEST collection company (Allied Consultants) who outside of their phone system, are courteous, knowledgeable, informative -- it was through them I did pay this year’s bill -- CLEARLY stating it was Not FOR THE DISPUTED 2015 CAMPAIGN. I have paid my 2016/17 advertising IN FULL yet they are not showing that and continue to bill me. I hope a senior Customer SVC will call me and be able to continue and follow through. Thanks.

The customer service at Dex Media is okay. When I called, they were very professional and helpful. Dex Media’s service has been very well for our company, but I have to cancel it because we don’t need it any more. We only did when we started.

We had Dex Media for advertisement in the telephone book or on the internet, and it seems to be working. I've been satisfied with their service and the result for the advertising. I recommend it!

Dex Media

Hi Lori - I am sorry to hear of the billing issues encountered surrounding your account and any inconveniences caused as a result. This matter has been escalated and our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

Our company had been paying the Dex bills via direct deduction from the firm credit card. Starting in November 2015 April 2016, Dex kept changing account numbers (4 accounts) without notifying us, and then incorrectly charging the credit card. They "forgot" to process payments on one account entirely for 6 months. Then just deducted the full amount. Again, without contacting us. And despite numerous long, long, long conversations with their "customer service" (HA) and the account rep. So we canceled three accounts and are finishing up the last one. We switched to paper billing to prevent more incorrect and unauthorized charges on the credit card. So the paper bill ALWAYS comes either after the due date or less than a week before. So a bill dated December 18 arrives January 2, with a due date of January 7. They absolutely don't care. Stay away!!!

Dex Media

Hi Bill - We're happy to know how satisfied you are with our services. We did have some billing issues as a result of system changes, and I greatly apologize for any inconveniences caused. Those issues are resolved. Thank you for being a valued dex media client!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

We’re very happy with the service we got on the internet whenever we have a problem or we want to make any changes. Their website is extremely useful to us but the yellow pages is not a big thing for us anymore. Dex has been the only company that I had a problem with my invoicing. I try to make my payments three days before the due date and it seems to be getting messed up all the time. Then a few days later I get an invoice saying that it had been paid.

Dex Media

Hi Lisa - Hope your holidays are going great! I'm sorry to hear of the matter outlined and will be happy to follow up. Please expect a call by our Client Care team to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Dex has been horrible to deal with. I was a customer of theirs for several years. I knew in advance that I would be terminating my franchise business and in turn notified Dex Media many times. My franchise agreement was to port the number to the corporate office which I did. I no longer own the business, advertise or gain profits yet Dex is holding me responsible for a number I do not even own anymore. They are insistent and will not work with me, nor discontinue the service. Stay away! Find a company who is business friendly!

Dex Media

Hi - My apologies for the issues outlined and any inconveniences as a result of this matter. Our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I called to check on my cancellation when I received a bill. I wrote the letter of cancellation, wrote it on the final bill, wrote it on the check. They said they have no record of it. They did cash the check. I asked to talk to a supervisor and they said there is none. I asked for the phone numbers of the other departments and they said there are none. They said it would go to collections but they didn't know who they were. Now they say I owe another year because it's too late and went to print. Never ever, ever do business with Dex. Poorly run company going downhill and trying to gather enough cash to float along.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, Justin - I would like to apologize for the issues outlined and the inconveniences experienced as a result. This is definitely not the type of encounter we want any of our valued clients to have. Be assured that we will look into this matter and reach out to you as soon as possible to address and resolve. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Where do I even begin? There is so much wrong with this company. First of all my campaign manager told me verbally that I was signing a contract that I could cancel with a termination fee. That the money I was paying up front was going to compensate if I decided to cancel. Completely not true. He denies that. I was basically pulled into something and mislead. I contacted my campaign manager and he's telling me that he has no control over contract disputes and billing disputes. I call the call center and they say I need to contact my campaign manager. I then contact my campaign manager and he sends me back to the call center. The call center says my campaign manager has ability to modify contract agreements. I call him up and he says he has no control over that. I contact the area manager Troy ** and guess what? The line is disconnected. This company's campaign has brought ZERO RESULTS! AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I called the call center and they say that have a request of cancellation of contract on 12/16/16. Now there is an UNAUTHORIZED payment being processed on my account on 12/16/16. Payment is not authorized to go through until the 21st or the 22nd. I already made my payment for the month that was due on 12/13/16. I have PAID IN FULL.

This company is a scam and I was mislead. I have already told many people to AVOID THIS COMPANY. They are terrible and scam. Now they are trying to milk all the money out of me and start billing me early, which is unauthorized. AVOID this company at all costs. They make it impossible to get out of contracts and they will continue to bill you unauthorized. I made my payments and now I'm seeing a payment go through on my account that I didn't authorize. Also, I requested that I get written notice of my account term not being renewed and that gets absolutely nowhere. The salesman wants to give me the runaround of that - I should keep going and try it more and on and on.

Dex Media

Hi Michelle - I would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused as a result of the outlined matter. Our Client Care team will promptly reach out to you in an effort to resolve all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I cannot tell you how frustrated I am and how many dollars I have lost because I cannot get a call back from Dex Media. I have been trying to change things in my contract for 3 months and keep getting the runaround. So many emails unanswered.

Automatic renewal policy - Previously, I submitted a review of this company, who puts out the phonebook in my area. Dex Media has since negotiated a solution to my problem. I am satisfied and impressed that they responded so quickly and straight from the top. Thank you!

Dex Media

Hi Shannon - It's great to know that we're getting it right! Thank you so much for choosing dex media and for taking the time to share your feedback. - Ed

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Dex Media registers a lot of the phone books in the area and we have slowly increased our services with them because we've had good experiences. They manage our SEO campaign, so we are getting good hits on our internet searches and keeping good communication with working where were ranking in search engine level. We wanted to redesign our website and opted to switch it over to them because we weren't happy with the designer we currently have and it would streamline things. They're always available when I email and respond to me right away. They take care of problems that I'm having, which is not what I was getting before when I was working with the other company.

Dex Media

Carol - Thank you for being a valued client! Your feedback is very much appreciated! - Ed

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Our stuff is in the white and yellow pages of the phone book. When Dex Media reached out to us, we figure it'd help reach more people. Our experience with their customer service team has been very positive and we don't have any complaints.

Dex Media

Hi Marta - Thank you for being a valued client and for taking the time to share your dex media experience with others!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

We have been with Dex Media for many years which started when we were doing an ad in a local phonebook. Our experience with their customer service team has been fine and we would recommend them to others.

Dex Media

Hi - I'm sorry to hear of your frustration regarding your account. Our Client Care team will reach out to you in an effort to work toward a resolution. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

We decided not to renew our yellow pages advertising with Dex Media. We received a letter from our new agent in Oct., which I ignored since we were not going with them... until Dec. 1. The letter states automatic renewal goes into effect after the due date. My new agent never called me, made no contact throughout the year. I call today, he says there is no getting out of this. I say it is illegal since I did not sign a contract for this year. He says to read the terms and conditions. I will send the letter that the company demands, to stop all advertising, even if it is after the deadline. I am not going to pay.

Dex Media

Good morning, Peggy - I can't apologize enough for the obstacles encountered and lack of resolve during your prior attempts to resolve this matter. We never want to make things difficult for our clients. Please expect a callback from our Client Care team as they will address all concerns and work to resolve this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Our family owned business has been with Dex for twenty years, we decided it was time for my husband & I to take a step back and move closer to our daughter and her family and start planning for our retirement. We received a 'renewal' letter & it stated to call your client rep to cancel our subscription before such & such date, I believe it was August 26th. I called our client rep several times before this date to cancel. Always got her voicemail, left several messages stating that we wanted to cancel, gave her all our information, acct # etc and the reason we were cancelling. She never returned the phone calls. Finally I used a different phone to call from and "wa-lah" she answered.

I explained to her we wanted to cancel as we were moving, she gave me a confirmation number, I repeated it and she said it was all taken care of. We received a letter stating that we were past due and when I called Dex the person on the phone told me that our client rep was no longer with Dex and that there were no notes stating that I had called so we are responsible for the automatic renewal and billings and that if we didn't pay we would be sent to collections. Of course since we moved I cannot find my notes with the confirmation number and have received a collection letter.

We did our part we cancelled, it is not our fault the person is no longer with Dex. It is our fault for losing the confirmation number BUT we have a very good reason (we were in the middle of moving) and why in the world would we want advertising for a place that we are no longer at... WE MOVED and we are trying to RETIRE... Dex - show some INTEGRITY, show some Compassion, have some Values & MORALS.

Dex Media

Good morning, Ben - We hate to lose you as a valued client. Please accept our apologies that customer service expectations weren't met. Client Care will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Our business has tried and tried to cancel this subscription. I've written, I've called, and they keep sending me overdue invoices. When I call into their customer service center it's like a classroom full of kindergartners running it. It goes around in circles. Someone please help us with this! Our account number is **.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, Michael - We would like to apologize for the matter experienced regarding your account and any inconvenience as a result. Please be advised that our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I am very dissatisfied with this company after just being told that my advertising was automatically renewed. I just finished up my 2nd year advertising with them and BOTH years I had to actually sign and agree to terms and stuff like that in order for it to be a done deal. This year I did NONE of that and purposely dodged calls from the Dex representative because I did NOT want to renew my advertising. So I did NOT sign anything nor did I authorize anything and I was just informed that my advertising was automatically renewed and now there is nothing I can do about it. Yet when I go into my Dex account on their website and try to view my current advertising or current agreements or anything, nothing is found. WTH??? I don't know what I am supposed to do and certainly don't want to be stuck with another year of advertising that doesn't work.

Dex Media

Hi April - Please accept our apologies for the matter outlined and that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to reach out. An escalation has been entered and we'll promptly be reaching out to you regarding this matter. Thank you, Ed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

This company is almost impossible to get in touch with after the sale. I wanted to cancel my contract with Dex Media back in June 2016. I called and called and never heard back from anyone, so I left a message with my client manager to please cancel my contract. I also asked her to call back and verify that this message had been received and that the contract had been canceled. She called back the same day and confirmed that the contract had in fact been canceled and that I would no longer be receiving bills. I then continued to get bills and every time I call I can never get anyone on the phone to talk to. I leave message after message and they never call back. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen in a business. No wonder they have to file Bankruptcy!! DO NOT use Dex Media for your marketing services!!

Dex Media

Hi Darryl - I'm sorry to hear of the initial billing issues encountered, but we are so happy to know that the matter was resolved and you are happy with the service being provided. We can't thank you enough for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

First I love my website so I don't always want to complain. The Dex HUB product is awesome and has helped me get the exposure I needed, lets me text/email, keep up with what's being said about me, and the website results are beyond my expectations! Because of what they've done, my organic ranking has gone up too. However, at the beginning of the year I had billing issues & found myself totally pissed off at the wait time to talk to someone. I was upset and ticked off. Since then they have resolved all the issues and have gone out of their way to keep me in the loop, get things fixed etc.

I rarely do another review but I wish at this point I could go back and undo all the bad reviews I placed on various sites. Customer Service was impossible to reach by phone at the beginning of the year. When I finally got through to someone, She explained something about a upgrade to the system & the resulting computer glitch caused an onslaught of calls.

Once I got through, they handled everything and made it right. That's one I didn't let go of easily but in reality they fixed everything well. I also got upset about some of my listings not being correct, I am a big enough man to admit I should have listened. My rep told me that often after the listing are fixed they come back because something about the listing services don't upgrade their systems???

Lo and behold I worked myself into a lather and finally called them. After I blasted them, I found they had fixed the listings exactly like they said they'd do. When they found the new errors they fixed it before I could call to complain. I know I am somewhat of a hot head and have been accused of thinking someone is trying to screw me but I gotta admit Dex Media has done a really great job. When errors happened they were on top of them, they were polite and fast. I got mad about somethings and simmered for a long time before I did anything about it. If I had called right away I would have seen that they really are working with me. So I decided that I need to give credit where credit is due.

I am extremely happy with Dex Media. My rep was responsive and was always there for me even if I was not listening and venting on him. The customer service people after I'd say the first half of this year were always on top of things. The computer glitch really shouldn't have happened and was a pain in the A$# but I can't in good faith knock a company that was upfront with me, got things fixed and has actually helped my business a lot this year.

If you read my bad reviews here or any of the other review sites please change my upset ramblings to nothing but respect and gratitude now. I have recommended them to a couple friends who own businesses and have heard nothing but good news from them about their experiences. It was actually one of my friends I recommended that found my old review and asked me about it. That was when I realized I needed to make this right. I actually feel bad about really crappy reviews - I am a satisfied customer and plan on being a client for a long, long time!!

Dex Media

Hi Eddie - Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter, and please accept my apologies for any confusion or inconvenience as a result. An escalation has been entered and our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working toward a resolution. - Ed

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I received a bill from Dex Media so I called and asked them about it and they said it was for advertising my business and I had set it up in February of 2016. I told them that I remember talking to someone in February about it because they wouldn't stop calling me, someone different would call me and it would be at least 6 calls per day. I finally said "tell me your pitch so you guys stop calling me because I told everybody else no" so he did and he said he could put my ad in the paper for ** amount of dollars and I told him that I can't afford that every month and he said he would send a proof out for me to review.

So time went on and nothing was ever sent to me except a bill and they are telling me I'm locked into this thing for a year and I told her I never even got a proof first off anyways. So she sends me proof while I'm the phone so I look at it and the town is incorrect and the phone number isn't mine and she said it was to track the calls coming in so I told her what the guy said to me and she tells me that they don't need to send proofs out for me to have them print it. So I told her to cancel this advertisement and she said can't they already printed the books and I told her "so you guys just print incorrect information" she says "you're under contract and there is nothing we can do". So now I'm locked into this incorrect advertisement and they won't do anything about it. I felt pressured, mislead and ripped off.

Dex Media

Hi Jay - I greatly apologize for the problems encountered surrounding your account. Jason, in our Client Care dept advised me that he was able to speak to you regarding this matter and addressed all of your concerns. If additional assistance is needed, please let us know. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I purchased a summer seasonal business in January of 2016 and changed the business name. Dex Media was handling the telephone book advertising at the time. I decided not to continue with Dex Media for print advertising and asked to speak about digital advertising in April or May as Dex stated they were experts in digital advertising. I started working with Dex Media on a digital seasonal campaign in May of 2016. I approved to go ahead, then never heard back from the account lead.

I never saw any running ads and my bills were in the wrong name. They were and still are going to the previous owner in the old business name. Rarely do I get call backs or answers to emails about this. I am getting calls from a collection agency referring to the old business name and owner on my cell phone. Whenever I speak with them or their collection agency they refer to me by the previous owner's name. This is very frustrating. I paid over 1/2 the bill, but still don't have a bill in my business name. This makes it very difficult to write this expense off on my taxes. Still to this day, I have no idea if the campaign even ran and I am still referred to as the old business name 7 months later.

Furthermore, there has been a frequent cycling of account leads on my campaign, and none seem to know what my media buy was, if it ran or what the results were. This was supposed to be disclosed as part of my contract. I would not recommend Dex Media to any business, large or small. After working in advertising for over 15 years, I have never seen such poor communication and misunderstanding of a client's business needs.

Dex Media

Steve - Thank you so much for being a valued client! Your feedback is appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

We've been using Dex Media's advertising services for years. It has been valuable to our company. I would recommend them.

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2016

A woman named Somer from customer affairs telephoned me. She canceled my account so that I no longer must pay to advertise a closed business. She also told me that she straightened out the glitches on the website but I have not logged in to verify that. I do appreciate that the company allowed me to cancel the contract early. Somer was very warm and helpful.

Dex Media

Hi Rosemary - I apologize for the billing obstacles you've encountered and any inconvenience experienced as a result. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as we definitely want to prevent this type of experience from happening. We will be in contact with you regarding this matter. - Ed

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I ran my husband's auto repair business for 30 years & used Dex Media for print advertising for decades & in later years for internet advertising. My husband passed away in January 2016. In June I sold the business. My contract with Dex Media ends in December. I tried to cancel the contract but was told I needed to cancel the telephone number to do that. I want to keep the number because I get many personal calls at that number. So I resigned myself to keep paying over $125/month until December.

However, their website is the most difficult to navigate that I have EVER come across. To try to pay online I must sign in. OK but when I click on it I get a prompt to create an account. Then I can't create an account because my email is already taken. I spend about 15 minutes getting around that & get to a green "Pay Bill" button but it won't go anywhere. The only saving grace of this website is that the chat function people usually resolve the issue. But that takes at least 20 minutes. I now pay only by mail to avoid the frustrations.

Dex Media

Ann - Thank you for 35 years of being a client!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I've been using Dex Media for about 35 years when they were Yellow Pages. All they do is put an ad for us in the telephone book but we don't get very many calls from it.

Dex Media Company Profile