toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

DexYP

Hi Nicole - We're happy to hear how satisfied you are with our services. We are here for you, and will continue to help you reach your goals when it comes to marketing your business. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

We were looking for somebody who can help us with our website because we're not computer savvy. We needed somebody to help create it and work it for us. We went to Dex Media for their services and their customer service have always been friendly, courteous and very helpful. Dex Media has added a lot of value to our company. They've set up a website with photos, schedules and pricing and they did the layout as well. There are a lot of people that use websites to search for studios. Setting up a website is obviously working for us.

I had correspondence with SuperPages which routed me through DexYP. I was trying to get myself listed on SuperPages for a solid month and I was kind of being blocked out. The first rep that had picked up said it was because I'm a locksmith and I can't list myself on SuperPages unless I pay which I thought was off. But it turned out that the rep just didn't communicate well. When I spoke to a supervisor, they had resolved it and got me listed. Everything was sorted from there. They gave me some kind of portion that would typically be paid because of the hardships and the difficulty of getting myself listed. That was awesome. Overall, bad reps happen but I would still recommend DexYP to a friend.

Our Company was fortunate to have a Media Consultant representative of Dex Media who was knowledgeable and responsive to our business needs. She was also our rep for a number of years, which added continuity to our account needs. Her "follow-up" ability far surpassed any rep we ever encountered previously.

We have been working with Dex Media for the past 7 years. Dex Media has increased our presence on Google search results in a significant and measurable way during the time that we've worked with them. We are just much more visible–more customers are finding us, contacting us, writing reviews etc... they also have a really need hub that allows you to login, see and respond to any comments that are published on the internet about our company. They do a fantastic job when it comes to internet marketing. I would recommend them to anyone looking for increased visibility.

DexYP bought the Yellow Pages from whoever owned it before. They call once in a while and everything has been okay. It's a tough business to be in right now though. With DexYP, changes are not as much as it was 10 years ago 'cause more and more people search the internet.

DexYP has a local phonebook and we had help with our display ads in the phonebooks. Every year they come in our company and just review our advertising and update it, and it's been pretty good. Everything has been trouble-free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

DexYP was here originally when I started with our company. I dealt with their rep Glenda regarding renewing our service once a year. She comes in and goes over her ads and what we have in the Yellow Pages. Their services are good for an asphalt servicing company 'cause people look at them up in the phonebook or online. We're doing good overall.

DexYP

Michelle - Thank you for giving DexYP the opportunity to show you how serious we are about customer service and satisfaction. We're looking forward to a long successful partnership! - Ed

Original review: July 4, 2017

Our company started a new department and we wanted to advertise through Dex Media thinking the Yellow Pages and such would be a handy way to go. Dex Media's customer service has been very helpful in getting the advertising for setup. Their service is pretty good and we've gotten some referrals from it. We use their service for both the White Pages and Yellow Pages and so far it is what we expected.

We got Dex Media for the advertising in the phonebook and every year when the lease comes around, they call us to know if we wanted to renew it and that's when we negotiate the price, what we need and want, and go from there. They have helped our business a lot because when people call they say, "Where are you located?" So they don't really know where we're located and by that, it's telling me they've got the phone number either off the internet or off the phonebook. Also, their customer service has been excellent. Overall, it was been easy and a very good experience and we'll continue to use it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We really enjoyed working with Dex Media and the relationship and the assistance they give us. I've personally worked with them going on four years and I've worked with Eric and Melissa who did a great job revamping our website. Eric calls at least once a month and sees if I need anything. If I have a customer issue or customer service problem, one of those two have already called me or they already took care of it. Also, the designers were wonderful and they did a lot of good work for us.

With a lot of the advertisements that they've helped vamp and refresh, it's brought in some more business for us. I’m not a big tech when it comes to trying to keep up with some of the stuff on the website that’s technically under my domain to watch but they do an excellent job checking on it. Melissa calls me all the time to tell me there were a couple of things she'd done and shows me what’s going on. She’ll also send things to me to give me a heads up if something's going on, something's dropped or we've some extra impressions that have come across. It’s a great access for me in helping me keep up with my advertisement with those different things that’s come in that I may not have noticed and she stays on top of that really well. It’s really a good group of people to work with. I know the techs and a lot of the service people. I have recommended it to other customers and to some of my networking.

DexYP

Hi Anne - I hate to know of your dissatisfaction regarding the quality of your website. We strive to work with our clients to meet or exceed their satisfaction. We will look into this matter and reach out to you with hopes of addressing all concerns. Thank you!

Update 7/13:

I Anne - Somer, in our Client Care Dept advised that she's made several attempts to reach you via phone and email in an effort to address your outlined concerns, to no avail. Somer is eager to assist you. When you have an opportunity, please reply to Somer via phone or email. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: July 1, 2017

I paid them to design and set up a website for my law firm. When I looked at it it was embarrassing and did not want to put up on the Internet. It looks like it was done by a kindergartner. I had to design my own website with my own graphics, colors and fonts. I told him I wouldn't pay for any more services and they continue to bill me. Now it is gone to collection. I'm not giving them another cent. Do not waste your money on this hack of a company!!!

DexYP

Hi Nicholas - Sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding your account, and greatly apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result. Jason, in our Clienrt Care dept has attempted to reach out to you in an effort to address all concerns. Please reply to Jason as he is eager to assist you! - Ed

Original review: June 30, 2017

From the get go, Dex Media and its representatives and management has done nothing but lie to me about the products and services I would be provided. I must add before I start, that the only reason why I went with Dex Media was to help a friend out who worked for this company that got credit for the sale. However, never once did they mention I was going to be under contract. Their Facebook post are very elementary and do not gain traction. The website they created isn't mobile friendly and mediocre at best. The marketing they promised is nothing even close to what I got.

Asked for a business phone number that they created for me and placed on all of multiple marketing and advertising information just to have them tell me that I don't own the phone number and they disconnected it. A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME, MONEY, & EFFORT. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY NOT recommend Dex Media to anyone, even if DexMedia offered $10,000 for the referral. Do not use this company! Beware of the lies that they will use to sucker you into a contract. The worst marketing company I have ever dealt with, period.

The pricing is great for me and I can pay monthly, and so that’s what I look for and I’d recommend it. The white pages with the highlighter, bold, is my better route as far as my name. The yellow pages is not important to me at all because I don’t feel that it's a source that people use in this area because we’re small. We know who we want to call. And I’m not looking for the ad in the yellow pages because it’s worthless to me. In my industry if you check the yellow pages all local people have one little liner ad there because the 1800 companies buy the full and half page ads. We can’t touch that and they’re not even local people. They ended up sending me orders because they don’t have a flower shop. They have big ads and make lots of money as they charge people around $20 every time they order something. It’s a bad deal. That’s why I spend as little as I can.

DexYP

Good afternoon, Tammy - I apologize for any confusion or issues surrounding your account This matter has been escalated to our Client Care team for prompt follow up with you. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: June 28, 2017

We are a seasonal business, so we go south for the winter months, November through March, and come back to the midwest a few days each month to pay bills, etc. We use Dex for 3 different areas; resulting in 3 different billings. In May of 2017, we received a past due letter stating we were 6 months delinquent on one of our bills (I'll call this #1 for future reference). I called and inquired and was told one of our billings were returned to them, so they thought our address had changed. (They were still sending the other two billings)

I spoke with Wayne on 5/22/17, and told him we would like to cancel all the contracts (which he said we had to pay them until the end of the contract) and so I asked him the dates for each contract that we had to cancel by. #1 before 1/29/18, #2 before 1/11/18 and #3 before 9/27/17. He also said he would make sure the #1 billing would come to our original address like it used to.

On 6/26/17 I received 2 Dex Media bills, and once again did not get #1 bill. I called (6/26/17) and spoke with Norman, who said we were past due on bill #1 again. I told him we did not receive a bill and he said it was changed to electronic. I asked him how it was sent, (email, website, etc) and he said via email. I asked him to what email address, and he said he was unable to verify the email address. (How did they send it by email if they didn't have our email on file?) I asked him what our totals were to pay these off through the end of our contracts, and cancel the service, and he said #1 was June 2018, #2 was April 2018 and #3 was Oct 2017. SO THE DATES FOR #1 and #2 had been extended in just one month's time!!!!!!

ALSO, he said billing #3 had a digital contract on it that had been okayed in December (when we were in Florida) that was from May 2017 to May 2018. I asked Norman for a voice recording showing where we had approved it (because we didn't, we weren't even in the state), and he sent me to the resolution department, and they could not find the voice recording. I told Norman to cancel ALL contracts - case # **. Also I was told our account manager Brett ** would call and it's been two days with no call. I was told the resolution dept "Nikki" would open a case # ** to investigate all of our issues.

DexYP

Hello Helene - We hate to lose you as a valued client. I apologize that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to discuss the outlined matter. Client Care will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: June 28, 2017

After paying $150 we tried to cancel. They said we have a contract, then offered to downgrade the services to the advertised $29 a month. Hence nothing was done. NO lower price, still charging $158 a month. We have called repeated times. Either the salesperson says he will callback and look into it. Then billing threatens us. This is a mess!! We previously had for many years a Super Pages advertisement then Dex Media took over. I don't even use or have had any results from the internet. Please help they have ripped me off for years!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had a good experience with Dex Media because of the communication back and forth. Anytime we have any kind of issue or problem, we'd call and they're right there for us. We've had nothing but positive experiences with them. Since signing up, we get more younger patients.

No response received

DexYP

Good morning - The issues outlined greatly concern me. I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction regarding your account and any inconvenience as a result. This matter has been escalated. Please be assured that we'll promptly be in contact with you in an effort to address all concerns regarding account satisfaction and billing questions or concerns. Thank you, Ed.

Update 7/14:

Hi again, Jaygos - Jason, in our Client Care Dept advised that he's made several attempted to reach out to you with hopes of addressing and resolving your concerns, to no avail. Jason is eager to assist you. Please contact Jason at your earliest convenience as he's left his contact number for you. Thanks, Ed!

Original review: June 27, 2017

Dex Media is and had taken my money with nothing to show for it. No website. No nothing. No views on my FB page. No nothing. I run my business alone. With no help. When I talk to Paul **, man I thought all my worries was gone. Little did I know, they had just started. I was so happy for days and weeks thinking I found a company that really cared. Me and Paul ** stayed on the phone for four hours the first time we talked. He told me everything that Dex Media could and would do for me. It's been 3 mouths and I've seen nothing by hundreds on money come out my account. It hurts. I feel that I have been robbed. It really sucks because I really got my hopes up. And I have nothing now.

Because of Dex Media my business has gone under. Now they taking my personal money for my family. Someone please help. These are facts!!! I feel so dumb for dealing with them. I ready thought they cared. Me and Paul talked a lot the first few weeks. I really put trust in the guy. Told him I would love to meet him and shake his hand. He really sold me on Dex Media. I still find it hard to be believe. They have no idea the trouble and problems they have caused. I'm praying they do the right thing and refund the money because they took everything extra I saved and I still have nothing to show. This is more than a review. This is my life, my business and the hell Dex Media is now putting me through. I just want it to end. Please.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When you’re in a small town, it’s always good to advertise in the phonebook. Dex Media was the one Verizon used for our phonebook and they've been very good. The customer service at Dex has been really helpful about making changes or making sure that we know what our advertising is for the yellow pages and if we need anything changed for the white pages. They also keep us updated a couple of times a year. They call us in the spring to make sure it’s ready before the phonebook comes, which is usually in October. They call and check if we’re happy with the way the bold type is, if we need to add more advertising or if we want to make more listings. They go through it all with us and they always send a copy of what our bill would be. Their pricing is reasonable and we pay every month. Dex Media did a good job.

DexYP

Jan - We appreciate you for allowing us to handle your print marketing! We look forward to many more years of doing business.

Original review: June 25, 2017

We've been using Dex Media for years and they've been very valuable for us. We use them to put our ad in both the Yellow Pages and the White Pages. They call us yearly to see what we want to do and if there are any changes to be done on the ad.

We haven't had any problems with Dex Media. We like the advertisement and they are pretty easy to deal with. We tell them what we don't want and they make it happen. For what you pay for you get good service and they’re not pushy which I like. They don’t try to sell me something I don’t need. The guy that calls around renewal time is super nice, easy to talk to and he explains everything. I would recommend Dex Media to my friends for advertisement.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Dex Media's service has been good. Everything worked great so it's really been trouble-free. When talking to the individual reps, they've always been very efficient. We have the standard package and it's mainly the Yellow Pages and then some of their online services. It's good that they're increasing their online presence too. It's good to be included with that. But even with everything on the internet, we still have to be in the Yellow Pages.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve dealt with DexYP for years and I’ve always had good experience with them. We got their services to get exposure and to be able to communicate with patients. They have a rep that comes in annually and it’s always very pleasant, fast, and we get the job done. They're also very professional and knowledgeable and the price is reasonable. Their service has been very valuable to the company, especially the internet and the dotcom part of it because everyone is going high-tech now.

DexYP

Hi Ken - Thank you for being a long time client! Your satisfaction means everything to us!

Original review: June 20, 2017

We've used Dex Media for years and their services have been good. We’re using their online and Yellow Pages services. We also had a good experience with their customer service.

DexYP

Hi Ian - Glad you were able to work with Meredith, again! I know her and she's is definitely amazing with great spirit! Your feedback is appreciated. - Ed

Original review: June 19, 2017

We have always had a good experience with Dex Media. Your sales rep, Meredith **, has always been very helpful and knowledgeable and energetic. For a while we were transferred to someone else, but I was very happy to work with Meredith again over the last couple of years.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 20, 2017

Someone from DexMedia contacted me and resolved all the issues.

DexYP

Hi Chris - I would like to apologize for the issues encountered and that customer service expectations weren't met. That's definitely the experience we want any of our clients to have.

Karl, Client Care Supervisor, advised that he spoke with you regarding this matter and was able to address and resolve to your satisfaction. Thank you so much for allowing us to assist you! - Ed

Original review: June 14, 2017

The first call with them they were the friendliest people ever. They tricked me into a 1 year contract I thought was month-month. I tried to call them multiple times to ask questions, get my account set up properly and NOTHING. They were impossible to get a hold of, couldn't answer any questions, told me they'd call back then never did. And now they're threatening to destroy my credit. Don't think about ever getting on a call with these scammers! Total scam artists who care about nothing but money.

DexYP

Good afternoon, Kathleen - My apologies for the frustration surrounding your account and billing. Be assured that Client Care will promptly be reaching out to you in an effort to address the matter at length, with hopes of working to resolve. Thank you, Ed.

Update 6/21:

Kathleen, I was happy to hear that Chris in Client Care was able to speak to you and resolve this matter. Thank you for allowing us to reach out to you and assist. - Ed

Original review: June 13, 2017

After using Dex Media (and their predecessor) for over 10 years, our small company finally decided to stop taking their horrible customer service and failure to timely credit billing issues for our print and internet advertising. Our Dex Media sales representative acknowledged the significant service inconsistencies and egregious billing issues.

During December 2016 we finally terminated services. Our Dex representative provided written proof of the credit adjustments issued to our account and acknowledged our account has been paid in full (after another sales representative lost a check for $18,000). Yet, Dex Media continues to treat our account as if we are currently delinquent (again, we terminated services and paid in full with receipt). Moreover, Dex submitted the reversed adjustment amount to a collection agency. The account representative that originally settled our account will not return our calls and the collections department claims it has no record of the adjustments. We are extremely frustrated and concerned that Dex Media refuses to respond. The company engages in deceptive and unfair trading practices that continue long after you terminate services.

DexYP

Hi - My condolences for your loss, and my apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused during this time period. Our Client Care team will be promptly reaching out to you in an effort to resolve this matter. Thank you, Ed.

Update 6/15:

Hi - Chris Deel, in our Client Care department advised that he attempted to reach you by phone, to no avail, as the number listed is no longer in service, and he also sent an email, providing his contact information. If you could please reply here via private message providing your name and a preferred contact number, and I'll have Chris reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: June 9, 2017

While closing a business after the death of its owners we tried to cancel an account by both emails and over the phone, we continued to get billed for their services. Now that the accounts are closed we are still unable to contact Dex Media to cancel our services. They do not have any process to handle a change of account due to death of the account holder. To add insult to injury, Dex Media, has sent the accounts into collection. The collection agencies are now harassing the children of the deceased. For a firm that is trying to work with small businesses, their actions demonstrate a lack of concern for their clients.

DexYP

Ellie - We're happy to know that you're satisfied with your service. Thank you for your feedback! - Ed

Original review: June 5, 2017

When Verizon stopped putting a book ad, we were thrown into Dex Media. We had our name and phone number put out there and the cost of their service's cheap. Overall, it's been a great experience.

DexYP

Hi Karen - I'm sorry to hear of this situation and any frustration surrounding the matter. We'll review your account and a Client Care Associate will be reaching out to you to discuss. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: May 31, 2017

I used Dex Media for about 3 years for internet and Yellow Pages advertising. I have since closed my accounts and they acknowledge that my accounts are closed. However they will not stop billing me. They threaten me if I don't pay in 7 days. Their collections agent threatens me as does the customer service rep. They are threatening to destroy my credit rating. This is ransom. They should be prosecuted and thrown in jail. I had to get a lawyer and file a complaint with the NY attorney general. Numerous phone calls get you nowhere. Stay away from Dex Media!!!

DexYP

Hello Kerri - I hate to know that you're receiving unwanted calls from a Dex representative and apologize for any frustration surrounding this matter. If the caller is indeed a Dex Media employee, we will go out of our way to address this matter at length and ensure no further calls are made.

Please expect a call from our Client Care team as they will be reaching out to you to discuss this matter further with hopes of determining if the caller is with Dex Media. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. - Ed

Original review: May 31, 2017

We are a small local company and have received several phone calls from a man by the name of Billy. We do not give out my husband's personal cellphone to just anyone as he is a very busy man and does not handle the advertising (our office handles that). This Billy, called today posing as a customer from Spokane, WA saying we needed to change our Google Adwords as we don't service that area and he could help. After telling him we don't need his help three different times, my husband had to hang up on him due to a conference call appt. This "Billy" then called our office and lectures our secretary about how rude her boss is and claimed to be a customer and how it's getting around Spokane what a rude business owner he is. My secretary had to listen to him for 10 minutes apologizing profusely and explaining to him how many solicitor calls we get in a day. He then told her he wasn't a salesman just a customer.

After they hung up, I asked the secretary for his number. It was a Nevada phone #. When I called it, I could hear several solicitors in the background. He said his name was Billy and I asked him what company he was with. He said he was with Dex Media. We will never do business with Dex Media. Their tactics are low and manipulative. I would like to see this guy terminated for harassment. We would never ever condone to our employees treating potential customers this way. It's FRAUDULENT. No means no, quit tying up our phones that we use for business!

DexYP

Hi Mike - thank you so much for the great feedback! As a valued client of ours, we're so happy to read it's been a great experience. Thank you for trusting us with your business, Mike!

Original review: May 28, 2017

Dex Media was previously on contract with us to be handling our print media like phone books. Then, they expanded their services and they had the option for online web presence package which is what we have them contracted for. Primarily, they're handling our web presence campaign now including internet advertising, marketing and search engine optimization.

What they do is they partner us up with one individual like a campaign manager and mine is Jonathan. They run the campaign, I give them parameters and they fit it into Google terms so that what I'm looking to accomplish works with Google. Our advertising campaign works within a five-mile demographic and they know what Google's looking for in terms of things. They were able to manipulate that and see what search cues within our geographical radius already pop up. That way, we don't start advertising to people that are maybe advertising a similar service but a different product.

Working with them, there's definitely been a noticeable increase in traffic, both through the phones and through the website. It's not critical but it is nice to have. They brought us funerals. 100%. Funeral homes are very specific breed and most families know where they're going before a death occurs. But, they've definitely given us a better web presence. It's obvious that people are looking for us on the internet and that's evident by both the traffic that I see coming through their web server proxy to our emails to our website. We also have call whispers so if a call comes through one of their ads on Google, when we pick up the phone it says this is a call from Dex Media before the person is able to start speaking. I've been very happy with them.

DexYP Company Profile