Call toll free
2.78/5

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Thryv, Inc. supports more than 400,000 local businesses across the U.S. with small business software Thryv and Thryv Leads. The company’s cutting-edge technologies connect small businesses with their target consumers and help them manage their day-to-day work. The company also provides print and online directories The Real Yellow Pages, including 25 million monthly visitors to yellowpages.com, Superpages.com and DexKnows.com.

Thryv, Inc. helps businesses manage their work easier and get found fast, wherever consumers are searching.

Thryv Video
Thryv Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1167 Thryv Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 3, 2019

DexYP is one of these things that I do and I just let it roll. I’m so busy doing so many other things so I can’t track back how much we’re getting from that. I have questioned whether or not to stay in the phone book. The online presence is great but other than that, much of our work comes from word of mouth and we receive constant emails and notices about construction projects. So, we do not rely much at all on the YP advertising, other than if a homeowner is looking for some materials and that kind of thing. Our focus is mostly commercial and a lot of that is fed to us through the general contractors. On one of my shelves, I’ve got six different paper phone books and I can’t tell the last time I picked one up. I asked people if they use a phone book and they said no. Nobody uses them anymore. If nobody is looking at it, the question is if I wanna be in there.

The customer service staff are always friendly and very professional. If I have issues, they take care of it. It works and everybody is happy. If it’s not broken, I’m not worried about it. There are other things that are breaking that I gotta pay attention to. It’s like insurance. You wanna be taken care of well while you’ve got it and then when something happens, you wanna be able to look back and say that you’ve got it, which is the same thing with DexYP. When somebody calls and says that they saw us online, that’s great. It’s not very often at all that I can go back and ask how they found us. It’s usually that they found us on our website, which we’re in the process of revamping. Very rarely do I hear that they found us in the phonebook. Nevertheless, DexYP has always been great.

Thryv response

Thank you for your business, Chris, we really do appreciate it.

Matt S.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

As long as we’ve had phone book advertising, we’ve been a client of whoever DexYP was. They've been doing yellow page and digital advertising for us. We communicate with customer service via email which was my choice. They are very responsive and they send me a monthly update. If there is anything else I need, I can reach out or contact them. Many of our services are referral-based, so we don’t really need advertising, but we have it there just as a formality sort of thing.

Once upon a time, we were solely yellow pages but they were very helpful in helping us consolidate our advertising. We are primarily referral-based and we are nonprofit and spending the money on the yellow pages was very costly, so DexYP worked us through a more cost-efficient product. I appreciated that. Plus, they weren’t trying to upsell us. We were very frank with our needs and that was after 20 plus years of very pricey yellow page advertising statewide and multiple ads. We started paying attention and looking into the cost and realizing that it really wasn’t cost-effective for us because we didn’t need advertising per se, but they were very helpful in identifying a product that would work for our needs.

We have a very easy relationship with DexYP. We keep it pretty much the same year to year. Every now and then, they reach out and have a question about some of our services to see if they can augment or just tweak the way the keyword searches however technically it is that works. So, I can tell that there is somebody paying attention to our account and reaching out to us and asking questions. They are working to make sure we are getting the best bang for our buck.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We have been with DexYP for five years. In the last few years, they have done the website for Cornerstone Counseling for us, and also an ad in the phone book. On the whole, the reps have been nice in trying to get us situated. Sometimes, after that though, things get a little bit screwed up. Like there was a billing that happened this year. They did not tell us that they were going to be billing ahead. So, the bill was more than what we expected and with budgeting and stuff, that does affect. We did call and talk with them about that to find out what’s going on. And then, two years ago, the wrong picture was put in. The one that we were told that was gonna be put in to replace the original did not get switched. Also, when a customer wants specifics, it’s not always followed through.

The reps try to check, but sometimes, there’s different answers and different departments. So they don’t know the answer right away, and they have to check and see. In addition to that, we've had four different account managers over the years and every year it changes so there's not been anybody steady that I've dealt with over the years. And while I have the name and the phone number of the latest account manager, it doesn’t mean when I try to call, it’s gonna be of some help. So sometimes, it takes a little bit. However, the service on the whole that we’ve had, is high. It’s just the execution of the different departments that need getting straightened, as well as the follow through. Finally, the phone book used to be published in September. Now it's November and I don't think it’s utilized as much as it used to be by the people. I don't even know if it actually gets delivered to everybody.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We have been with DexYP for a very long time. First, they did our Yellowbook pages, then we started using them for our website but we didn't really do much with it. Then they came in again, revamped their company, and what they did with our website was really awesome. They partnered with Google, so their technology is a lot more advanced than it used to be and now there is a lot more we can do with our website than we were able to before. They also have a lot of good options for our business for reaching to our patients. Their team that does the website are very good and whenever we called and wanted something changed or updated, their response was very quick. Jenny is our sales rep and she is very nice. She comes out, updates our contract, and makes sure that everything is in place that we need.

But it took eight months to get the billing part straight because they outsourced their customer service for that and the reps could not understand me. I like to speak to somebody who can at least speak English and understand what is going on. But now I have a number to call to speak to somebody in case I need help. All in all, I would recommend DexYP because all their good qualities kinda outweigh that one negative part. They’ve done wonderful things for us.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Back when we were looking at different options on advertising, DexYP had a lot of different coverage and options that piqued our interest to try them out. Now, we’ve been with them for at least five few years and we’ve been real happy with the service. We definitely get a good return on the advertising dollars that we’re spending, which is the biggest thing. You don’t wanna spend money on something without getting any return. We’ve had consistent good results with them over the years, which is why we’ve stayed with them.

We’ve had occasional changes done on the website and we deal with their tech team if we have any kind of issues. We deal with their customer service team for billing, which doesn’t happen very often. And they’ve always been good. They’re helpful about it. Even our sales guys are real easy to get ahold of if there’s a question and they’ve always taken care of any issues that have arisen.

DexYP is worth checking into, to see if the service is an option that they offer, something that works. They cover broad options as far as advertising so it covers all your bases. There's a little bit more of a one-stop-shop kind of feel there and it seems to be a very good set-up for a small business. Especially for a small business starting out that isn’t informed about a lot of different advertising options, they would go with the company that can handle a lot of that in-house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have been a Thryv customer for 1 1 /2 years and initially the team was always available and seemed concerned as well as they immediately got involved with my site and pushing me to the first page of google. Soon they seemed to lose interest in the account and the account representative literally disappeared. After not having any contact I found out she was terminated and who ever was assigned to my account never contacted me and I had to run her down myself and she tells me she is only here in town one day a week. I was also told that I now had a team working on my account and I have never heard from them. I have been promised seven leads per month and the only leads I do get are companies telling me they can help to get me on the first page of google and get me leads. I am very frustrated and this company seems to serve you until they have your credit card to bill and then leave you out in the cold.

Thryv response

Hi Richard, I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experiences, we strive to do better. I have escalated this to our Executive Care team who will be getting in touch with you soon to discuss it and try to make it better. Thank you for your business, and thank you for reaching out.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 31, 2019

It starts with the Director of sales promising and not delivering. Last year was bad, and he lied made promises he could not hold up to. His team tried very hard to promote our company, but in the new digital age they can't deliver. In summary STAY AWAY save your money and use other sources.

Thryv response

Hi Ken, I'm very sorry for your experience. We strive to make every customer happy, every time. I have escalated your message to our Executive Care team who may reach out to you to discuss this further. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2019

I signed up for DexYP on 2/26/2019. The sales rep told me if they did not get me more customers I could cancel at any time. They charged me cc and I never heard from them again until March 19, when after several emails I finally received a response. No one ever sent me my "welcome info" with my MYDEXYP web access or account information until March 19 at nearly a month. Yet they were still charging me. I received zero customers from them and only I believe 4 leads in the next two months.

I sent an online message to cancel and received a response on April 30, 2019, saying they were sorry they were losing me as a customer and someone would be contacting me. Well someone did contact me and refused to cancel my account. After several minutes of arguing and being placed on hold, they told me they would cancel my account. They still charged my card for May. I disputed it with my CC company. Then just this week (July 20) I receive a bill from them again for my monthly charge! Now keep in mind I did not get a bill for June. They also told me CC that I was still a customer so the charge was not removed from my CC for May (I am still disputing this, sent them more information today).

I noticed from a review here on June 19, 2019, that another individual has had the same experience as me in not being able to cancel the account after being told it was cancelled! This company scams small businesses and thinks they can get away with it because they have more capital. Reporting to my state AG next and talking to a lawyer about a class action suit so if you have had bad experiences with this company please contact me or post on here.

Thryv response

Hi Matthew, thank you for taking the time to detail this. I'm sorry for your experience! I have sent your message to our Executive Care Team, they should be reaching out to you shortly to help figure this out.

Matt S.

Original review: June 28, 2019

All the people I have talked with at DexYP have been fine, polite and knowledgeable. Plus, I’ve gotten numerous calls because of being in the yellow pages so DexYP has been valuable to me. I was searching for the display ad and the cost has been reasonable for the service. So, I plan to speak with them.

Thryv response

Hi Diane, I'm happy to hear that DexYP is working out so well for you. Thank you for sharing!

Matt S.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We have been with Dex Media at least 15 years. They were fine when just a paper publication but they are incapable of getting our online information correct and really don't want to work with small businesses in terms of getting traffic to our website and business volume to increase. By doing our own social media and Google search information updates we have been able to do 10X better than DEX. Nice knowing you Dex.

Thryv response

Hi Steve, I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet expectations for you. I have sent your message to our Executive Care team, they will reach out to you in the next day or so to discuss and find out how we could have done better. Thank you for taking the time to share about this.

Thryv Company Information