Yellow Pages / Dex Media

4.4/5 (306 ratings)

About Thryv

Thryv, Inc. owns the easy-to-use Thryv end-to-end customer experience software built for small business that helps over 40,000 SaaS clients with the daily demands of running a business. With Thryv, they can get the job, manage the job and get credit. Thryv’s award-winning platform provides modernized business functions, allowing small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMB) to reach more customers, stay organized, get paid faster and generate reviews. These include building a digital customer database, automated marketing through email and text, updating business listings across the internet, scheduling online appointments, sending notifications and reminders, managing ratings and reviews, generating estimates and invoices and processing payments.

Pros

• All-in-one management
  • Digital tool integration
  • Easy payment acceptance

Cons

• No costs listed online
  • Short cancellation window

Bottom Line

Thryv is a business management tool that gives you a single platform to deal with finances, customer interactions, social media, calendar syncing and payment options. Your cost depends on your business.

Top Thryv Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Thryv was offered to us by our corporation as part of our franchise buy-in. Once we were set up in it, everything's right there for us to use. It's very easy. Everything's good an...

Verified

Thryv's service is extremely valuable. They've helped out my social media presence and probably net me a client or two extra a month. ... I love their customer service. They are q...

What is Thryv software?

Thryv is an all-in-one business management software program. It provides small business owners with a single platform to handle the essential aspects of running their businesses, such as staying organized, getting paid faster, reaching more customers and generating reviews.

Some of the features that Thryv offers include:

• Customer relationship management
  • Reputation management
  • Sale and payment acceptance
  • Scheduling and appointments
  • Document storage and sharing

This software helps business owners automate tasks, such as social media posting, while keeping focus on the customer, and it comes with 24/7 customer support and flexible training.

There are plans available for three users, eight users and unlimited users. Each plan has features to help you reach customers, get paid, stay organized and generate reviews, but more expensive plans have increased features. There are also add-ons available, including medical privacy security, search engine optimization and Thryv leads.

What does Thryv do?

Thryv helps you focus on customers. The software makes it easier for customers to find you, whether it’s through your social media or company reviews. It also encourages interactions between you and your customers by sending you notifications and reminders when they reach out. Customers can book online, and you can communicate through automated messages.

Thryv also lets you send cost estimates, invoices and receipts, and it can accept credit card payments at competitive rates. Thryv works with PayPal, Venmo, Square and Apple Pay, among other payment processors. It also integrates with QuickBooks and other bookkeeping software to help you keep track of your income and expenses in one place.

Finally, Thryv connects with various other online tools to help you handle every aspect of your business from one platform, including advanced scheduling of social media posts, automated marketing and secure document storage. Complementary tools include WordPress, Zoom, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Square and LinkedIn.

How much does Thryv cost?

Thryv doesn’t list prices online. It offers three separate plans, but the cost of each plan varies based on your needs. Thryv creates a custom proposal based on your business, taking into account its size and projected growth. Thryv has a six-month mandatory subscription term that automatically renews, and you save 5% by choosing semiannual payments.

Thryv offers potential customers a free demo that lets you see if the software works for you before committing.

Thryv FAQ

Is Thryv HIPAA compliant?
Thryv has a HIPAA-compliant add-on that secures your account per federal privacy guidelines.
Can you cancel Thryv?
You can cancel Thryv or its upgrades and add-ons within three days of purchase for a full refund. If you’re outside the cancellation period, you must submit a notice to terminate at least 30 days before the beginning of your next subscription.
What services are available on Thryv?
Thryv offers a variety of business services, including estimates, invoices, scheduling, online booking and automated communications.

Is Thryv worth it?

If you’re a small business owner, Thryv is often worth it. Having all the parts of your business localized on a single platform is convenient, and the software keeps you organized and up to date. It can also increase your online presence and draw customers to your business. However, not everyone appreciates the six-month term with auto-renewal or relatively narrow cancellation window. For most small business owners, though, having social media, appointment booking, bookkeeping and all other aspects of business management in one place is a major benefit.

Thryv Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I just did Thryv for not even a year. I didn't have enough time to give it for the expectation that it was supposed to have. At the time, I’m booked out for five years, so I couldn't take on any more work. In the construction trade, that's gonna change in the next five years, because there are not enough people doing it anymore. A lot of people rely on Home Depot's Pro Referral, Lowe's, Porch, Thryv, Angie's List, and all those sorts of things. But in reality, the guys who are the most successful are the ones who are word by mouth, people who have had experiences, because a lot of the folks that need the work done at the moment are elderly folks. They are not tech-savvy, they don't know how to send emails, and they don't have a smartphone. As far as from the tech side, now, that's going to change too. In the next 10 years, the baby boomers will start passing away in great numbers, and the next generation who is computer literate will be fine.

Everybody at Thryv did exactly what they said they were going to do. It's just that depending on the business need is what would dictate the level of service needed from Thryv. In order to have it, you need a dedicated person that works for you full time to manage that part of the business. To sit there as the owner and try to maintain who has gone on the website that day and to check who has sent emails in is damn near impossible.

Thryv response

John, I'm sorry you didn't stay with us. It's great to hear that you are booked out for five years. Congratulations!!! We're always here if you decide you need our help again.

Rebecca B.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I got two different accounts with Thryv. The one for my training site locally does a good job for me. I’m happy with the way that it’s been able to help the training business that I've got going on. For Protection Dog Sales, my other website, we had a major mess up. It cost me quite a bit of money. It’s not for a small business that sells nationwide, it's more for a small business that sells locally, so it hasn't worked. I had some major issues with SEO stuff that they're supposed to take care of. At one time, my website could not be found organically because they had actually linked the two websites together. Google said, “You can't do that. You’re double dipping.” They basically shut them down being able to be found organically. That took us a long time to figure out that that's what happened.

Thryv had a problem with their Yext also trying to list the two businesses together all the time, even though they're two completely separate businesses. And still, they kept trying to link them together for some reason. But other than that, the service rep that I have has been phenomenal. Even when all this was going on with the one website, she was in there trying to figure it out and get things fixed and done. She wants everybody to be successful, which is awesome.

There's so much that you have to learn as a small business owner about if you're going to try and do your own websites, or your own publications, your own social media. That stuff takes time and effort. The good thing is that Thryv helps with that stuff, and it helps with your listings. Like my training site, because of them adding Yext, Yext puts all my stuff the right way on 70 different search engines and that's huge. As a small business owner, I had no concept that I had to do it. I thought that since I got Google, Bing, and Yahoo, I’m covered.

Tools are easy to use on the website. You can go in there and do a lot of cool stuff with it. The platform’s basic. It does not have a lot of bells and whistles to it, but it works. The other good thing is they actually do the website for you, then all you got to do is just go in there and do some tweaking. They’ll get you set up, it takes about two weeks, and they have you up and running. They take all your feedback and they meet with you.

Tommy,

It's good to hear that Thryv is helping you with your training business. Also, glad to know we have fixed any issues you might have had in the beginning. We appreciate your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Thryv’s customer service has generally been okay but we’ve never gotten our website launched. I spoke to a young lady who followed up and she was gonna follow up. But I haven’t heard anything. Thryv was hot and heavy for a minute but it fell away and nobody has been following up with me. There was an implementation window, plan and performance guidelines, and everybody was trying to force us to get it implemented within the framework, so they did metrics too. But I wasn’t totally happy with the way it looked and felt. The website has been on hold for four months because they couldn’t do what we wanted them to do. The platform is not as flexible on that level for what I needed and, on the website, it's not a one-size-fits-all for me. There's some customization I was looking for and I'm not quite sure they can do.

Still, I like that with Thryv, we can manage our customer relationship, do billing and invoicing, and manage calendar events. That's been huge for us for what we do. We're a little unique in what we do so, the way we utilize it where it's working for us for now, we were using a third-party clearinghouse for our debit and credit card processing, and Thryv was able to integrate with that now. And since then, they've launched their own product. I've been a little hesitant to switch over because I've just changed but they have the ACH feature with check. We don't accept a lot of checks but that rare occasion when we get a situation where someone wants to give us a check, it'd be nice to be able to validate funds before we accept it.

The only other thing is that I'm not that thrilled with how the reporting is with the collection funds. With the third-party processor that I was using, I can go to their site and get all kinds of trend reports and different things like that. I haven't been able to get the type of management reports with Thryv and I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Not that I do it a lot but if I had it, I would use it.

Thryv response

Michael, I'm going to have someone reach out to you immediately. We appreciate your business and want you to see the benefit of the software. Thank you for your business and you will be hearing from someone shortly.

Rebecca B.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I got a call from Cheryl and on her call, she wanted to see if we had enough advertisement, or if we needed help with that. And she was like, "I can meet you for coffee." This was before COVID. We scheduled a meeting, and then the whole week, I was like, "Oh, I don't want to go to this meeting." But I ended up showing up.

I decided to go with Thryv because after our meeting, I told the rep I would think about it. And she said, "I'll check back with you in a week." She called me back within a week and she said, "What are your thoughts on it?" I had 2000 questions and she answered all of them. A month went by and she called me. She said, "Can I check back with you in a week?" And then she would call me back and I'd have more questions. I was talking to a couple other people and they would be like, "Oh, you have to go with our company, because this and this and this." And they would call me every day, and I would be like, "Look, I can't take your calls every single day. I already told you I need to think about it." That's one of the main reasons why I felt comfortable. Plus, she just was always going to answer all my questions.

Thryv did our website, we have the software, we did the printed book, and we upgraded our package not too long ago. Thryv is one of the best. It's the best deal that I could find because I get everything in one. I have a separate email system so I do not go through my personal email trying to find messages between customers. Also, my estimates are there, I can create an invoice, I take payments. I can even set up to send text messages, and I can send and receive documents. What more could you need?

Thryv response

Hi Amanda. Cheryl sounds like she did a great job taking care of you and getting you on board with Thryv. It also sounds like it's working and you are happy. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 29, 2021

We have been looking for a way to make everything universal so that all three locations could access the same information at the same time. Alan reached out to me this past winter and we did some research. He showed us around and we decided to give Thryv a shot and see if it was something that would work for our business. So far, our experience has been excellent. The biggest thing is it's not exactly geared towards our line of work, so we have to tweak it a bit. It would be helpful if there was more options and ways to set it up that worked towards what we do. But it's a good place for everything to be in one location.

We have three different locations. We offer many different services at each location. We also have one office manager per location. Right now, if somebody doesn't answer at the Morrisville or the New Haven location, it gets transferred to me here in White River. In order for me to find out the status of that particular client, I would have to call that location and wait for a response back. But with Thryv, we're able to put everything into one place and access it. We like that we can invoice. Unfortunately, doing estimates is not really geared towards us, so we haven't really used that portion of it yet. We cannot have an open balance in Thryv. So when a payment is made, we have to keep track of it in a different software as to how much that client still owes because there's no way to record it in Thryv. But we do take a lot of payments using Thryv. We enter a lot of client information in it. For the most part, we love the software.

Thryv response

Brenna, it sounds like Thryv is working for your business. We're glad to know it's helping you keep all of your information, for all of your locations, in one place. We appreciate having you as a client and value your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I reach out to Thryv to adjust our website and I'm really pleased with their customer service response. I usually send an email and I get a response within a couple of hours. It's never very long. This service is very valuable.

Thryv response

Cindy, we are so happy to know you are pleased with our customer service. That is our number one priority at Thryv, making sure we are responsive to our customers needs. We appreciate your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 12, 2022

We moved from our print material to the online program through Thryv. It has worked pretty well for us. But, we're an older established company so most of our work comes from word of mouth or referral. And with the Thryv program, we don't use a lot of the features that they offer because we're just a small company. We could downgrade a bit for what we're paying but we want to keep the service. Other than that, all of the reps that we've had in the past have always been really great to work with and very helpful. I've had good experiences with their customer support.

Thryv response

Hi Tina. It's great to hear that we have been providing a great client experience for you and that we have been easy to work with and helpful. This is very important to us here at Thryv. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Every single person I talked to was very helpful. I'm still in the very beginning phases of my business, so I didn't get to use the product to the full extent and they tried to help me as much as they could. We haven't started making any money yet, but I believe the product is very valuable and I hope to continue to use it. Some people might think the cost is a bit too much, but because I got my website and my domain name, it was worth it.

Thryv response

Kentrice, we are very happy to hear that we have been helpful for you and your business. Congratulations on starting your business. We'll be right here to assist if you need us. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 10, 2022

We went with Thryv, and they have been wonderful helping me get set up. Any time I call them and I need help with something, they're always there. I would definitely recommend them. I love the system that they have provided for me to use. A lot of our customers, they can't pay cash or checks, and we offer credit cards over the phone.

Thryv response

Shalisa, It's nice to hear that Thryv is helping you and you are happy with the software. It's great to know we have been providing you with a great client experience. We appreciate recommendations so thank you. We appreciate your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Everything that Thryv is doing is working. We did advertising and a website, and for the whole year, I've been paying for the program and invoices. The support is good. When I call them if I got something on the website, they're pretty fast. I've recommend Thryv to three companies.

Thryv response

Jose, it's great to hear that Thryv is helping you and your business. We are happy we are providing you with good support, that is our number one goal at Thryv. Thank you for your business, we appreciate you.

Thryv Company Information