Accredited Partner

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.23/5

Thryv, Inc. owns the easy-to-use Thryv end-to-end customer experience software built for small business that helps over 40,000 SaaS clients with the daily demands of running a business. With Thryv, they can get the job, manage the job and get credit. Thryv’s award-winning platform provides modernized business functions, allowing small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMB) to reach more customers, stay organized, get paid faster and generate reviews. These include building a digital customer database, automated marketing through email and text, updating business listings across the internet, scheduling online appointments, sending notifications and reminders, managing ratings and reviews, generating estimates and invoices and processing payments.

Thryv Video
Thryv Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Thryv is a business management tool that gives you a single platform to deal with finances, customer interactions, social media, calendar syncing and payment options. Your cost depends on your business.

PROS

• All-in-one management
  • Digital tool integration
  • Easy payment acceptance

CONS

• No costs listed online
  • Short cancellation window

Top Thryv Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Thryv's customer service was good. The best thing is they did most of the work and all I had to do was listen. We already had the Yellow Pages and we switched. Thryv set up a Facebook page and I’m getting small work out of their service. It's helped.

Thryv looked like a good program. I liked the way it could link with social media. I'm not the most technologically minded guy, so it wasn't all that easy for me. But I was beginning to learn it pretty well. Their rep from Texas did some share screens training with me. She was very good...

What is Thryv software?

Thryv is an all-in-one business management software program. It provides small business owners with a single platform to handle the essential aspects of running their businesses, such as staying organized, getting paid faster, reaching more customers and generating reviews.

Some of the features that Thryv offers include:

• Customer relationship management
  • Reputation management
  • Sale and payment acceptance
  • Scheduling and appointments
  • Document storage and sharing

This software helps business owners automate tasks, such as social media posting, while keeping focus on the customer, and it comes with 24/7 customer support and flexible training.

There are plans available for three users, eight users and unlimited users. Each plan has features to help you reach customers, get paid, stay organized and generate reviews, but more expensive plans have increased features. There are also add-ons available, including medical privacy security, search engine optimization and Thryv leads.

What does Thryv do?

Thryv helps you focus on customers. The software makes it easier for customers to find you, whether it’s through your social media or company reviews. It also encourages interactions between you and your customers by sending you notifications and reminders when they reach out. Customers can book online, and you can communicate through automated messages.

Thryv also lets you send cost estimates, invoices and receipts, and it can accept credit card payments at competitive rates. Thryv works with PayPal, Venmo, Square and Apple Pay, among other payment processors. It also integrates with QuickBooks and other bookkeeping software to help you keep track of your income and expenses in one place.

Finally, Thryv connects with various other online tools to help you handle every aspect of your business from one platform, including advanced scheduling of social media posts, automated marketing and secure document storage. Complementary tools include WordPress, Zoom, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Square and LinkedIn.

How much does Thryv cost?

Thryv doesn’t list prices online. It offers three separate plans, but the cost of each plan varies based on your needs. Thryv creates a custom proposal based on your business, taking into account its size and projected growth. Thryv has a six-month mandatory subscription term that automatically renews, and you save 5% by choosing semiannual payments.

Thryv offers potential customers a free demo that lets you see if the software works for you before committing.

Thryv FAQ

Is Thryv HIPAA compliant?
Thryv has a HIPAA-compliant add-on that secures your account per federal privacy guidelines.
Can you cancel Thryv?
You can cancel Thryv or its upgrades and add-ons within three days of purchase for a full refund. If you’re outside the cancellation period, you must submit a notice to terminate at least 30 days before the beginning of your next subscription.
What services are available on Thryv?
Thryv offers a variety of business services, including estimates, invoices, scheduling, online booking and automated communications.

Is Thryv worth it?

If you’re a small business owner, Thryv is often worth it. Having all the parts of your business localized on a single platform is convenient, and the software keeps you organized and up to date. It can also increase your online presence and draw customers to your business. However, not everyone appreciates the six-month term with auto-renewal or relatively narrow cancellation window. For most small business owners, though, having social media, appointment booking, bookkeeping and all other aspects of business management in one place is a major benefit.

Thryv Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My wife and I have two businesses. We have a preschool. Plus, I have an online print brokerage. She was able to get me set up for both of them. For the school, our goal was to add 24 kids by the end of the year. We also wanted to be able to increase our presence on the web. Our area is relatively new, and there's a lot of families moving there, so we wanted to just be found when somebody says, “Preschools near me. Daycares near me.” Thryv said they could help. Additionally, we wanted to be able to engage with our families and we liked what Thryv offered in terms of the social media. Whether it was the planning aspect, postings, I really liked that about it for our preschool business. On the print side, I like the ability to engage my clients and then do everything through Thryv, from the email blast to uploading files, and downloading.

Josie is my main contact. She helps me and she always replies back to me immediately if I ever have a question or when I had shared my concerns. I always feel like she's an advocate of ours. She always takes that and raises it up to whoever needs to and they try to figure out some things. Then there was Jessica that I've worked with on the website build side. She helped me with the print side as well. When I ask her to make some changes or do some things on our website, she does an awesome job of setting it up for me.

Then one guy called me and talked to me about the digital aspect of their business, of doing SEOs helping to promote our business. We signed up for that additional service. However, that has not worked well at all. We haven't gotten any response out of it. We've been tracking all the clients that we're getting and everybody is just word of mouth, or somebody drove by. We're not getting anybody from the internet in terms of searching the area and finding us. Also, I don't understand how the structure is. The silence is deafening when the guy who said that this is the greatest thing in the world never follows up to make sure that it works. Maybe that's how the company is set up. But we've been really pleased with their basic service.

Thryv response

Maher, it sounds like Thryv is working well for you with the social media, email blasts, etc. We are happy to have you as a client and value your business. Thank you again.

Rebecca B.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2020

The owner of Money Mailer told me about Thryv. He and the representative know each other and the Money Mailer thought it would be a good idea for me to touch base with them and see if they could help our business. Thryv has three different packages and I took the lower package for 199. It offers 20 different services such as instant text messaging to your clients, being able to send them receipts and a CRM system that holds the data that you put into it. Those were some of the services that really caught my attention to help me streamline the business. There are a few other things that I haven't used yet but I know are there.

Thryv makes us look more professional. We set the appointment and the Thryv software sends out three text messages as reminders to the client. That has been helpful. Clients have shared with me that they like that we send them reminders and all of this is being done without me having to always remember to do that. It just automatically does it so I'm very appreciative. I also have the ability to send them receipts once the services are done so, it’s good although they can only receive the receipt via email. In today's time, everybody doesn't wanna give out their emails because they're tired of getting spam mail. I would love to be able to send my clients a receipt via text and I have not been able to do that.

Also, when I first started, I used my mobile phone a lot because I'm in the field. I'm not in front of a laptop at the office so at the beginning, I was constantly calling the office asking how the service works on the mobile side. The gentleman who signed me up and the backup team that was assigned to me in case I had any questions were knowledgeable on how to operate the system from a desktop or laptop perspective but when I called in, the knowledge of the support team on how to operate the mobile device was very limited. I had to ask questions and they would have to hang up and call me back a day or two later. They always called me back and I'm very thankful for that, but they didn't know. They would tell me that they weren’t sure how that operates and they would need to find out. It sounds like more training will be needed from the mobile aspect. They got it done but it took a while.

Thryv response

Michael we're very glad to hear that Thryv is helping streamline your business. We appreciate you being a client and thank you for the nice review.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Everything is going great with Thryv except I’m trying to figure out what I need to manage to make sure my reviews get responses. I put in a request yesterday because it seems like only part of our reviews are being responded to. And that’s fine, but I need to know what game I’m playing here. I was under the impression at the beginning that any review that was posted was going to be picked up with a response, and I wasn’t gonna have to worry about it. It seems like only some of them are. So, then yesterday, when I was on chat with someone, they said that it’s because only ones that go through Thryv are getting picked up. I said, “Okay, so if the customer goes straight to Google, you guys don’t answer it?” She said, “No, that’s not necessarily true either.” She said she'd get back to me on what that is. Everything that I’m using so far is really good.

We were with a major marketing firm right before we switched over to Thryv, and our rep worked with Thryv, formerly Dex, but before that, he worked with Yellow Pages. So, he’s had an established relationship with their owner for 14 years. I was ready to cancel everything last year, and I wanted to be done with our mega marketing one. I had figured out other ones that I was going to use. I sat down with our rep because he was doing Yellow Pages, and he also had to do some of the Yelp stuff. I was ready to get rid of the Yelp altogether. So, I went into the meeting ready to tell him to go away. Then I was telling him about everything and the frustrations that I was having with Yelp and with the different things, and that Yelp, for our business, was doing what it needed to do.

He started talking to me about how Yellow Pages is different. Then he started talking to me about Thryv. He gave me a demo on Thryv. He sat down and he went over everything with me. And because we were switching our website, whoever managed our website was being switched too. It was a really good trade for us especially because it gave it such a hands-on feel. So, even though we had people helping us and doing things for us and guiding us, we also could do things on our own. That was a big thing. He sold me that day, and I ended up just doing that. It’s been a really good change.

Hi Kellie,

I'm happy to hear that Thryv is working for you. If someone doesn't respond to your question promptly as promised, please email me at thryvreplies.com. We want to ensure all of your questions are answered and your able to use Thryv.

Rebecca B.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I saw Thryv at a little mini trade show and spoke with them there. Then I talked to a friend of mine who uses them. I'm using it for invoicing and estimating at this point right now. The guy who set me up with the program was great. I really like him. When I called to talk to somebody during the day about some issue I had, I should have called him. But I called just their customer service number, and I wasn't super happy with that. It was just okay. The lady whom I was talking to was nice enough but just didn't tell me anything. She was telling me to delete the app, and then re-upload the app, which I did. But it didn't really seem to solve it. If she would have walked me through a little bit more at that moment, I might have been happier with the end result. But it took me like a day to figure it out. That wasn't too great. I just didn't like the way she talked.

She was fine. I was in a bad mood because I couldn't get that damn app to work and I was trying to get an invoice out to this lady at her house before I left. I told her, "Hold on." But it just would not go. I think that was just operator error, that's why I called them so they could say, "Are you doing this or that and that?" She was like, "It's working fine on my end. So, just delete it." I think it's because I'm not super versed on that app. Every time I go to it, I have to relearn it basically. But I have liked the end product. It has helped me. It's a cool little program. I recommended it to people.

My program is super simple, but it's really outdated. I wanted to switch over to something more online than this. But it could be just my old ways. If I was a first-time user and never had anything else, it might be awesome. I'd be like, "Wow, this is great." But it could have a little more user-friendly interface. It is good, but there could be a slight bit of simplicity added to it, another button to click.

Thryv response

Hi Mark. I'm glad that Thryv seems to be working for you now and that we made it difficult for you in the beginning. Sounds like things are going better now and we're happy to have you as a client.

Rebecca B.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I work with Kristen and she's local and she handles business development. The one-on-one interaction, the coaching and the guidance in regards to what's taking place with the company has been great. Thryv support has been productive. They have reached out to me when I've opened up questions and they’ve guided me. There are some things that they couldn’t really control, like Facebook’s rules. So in general, the Thryv team has been good. I haven’t been able to not resolve something that has come up.

I submitted one request in regards to the workflow. One of my clients came on board and requested a Spanish-speaking rep. I've been managing it, but at some point, I wanted him to start going directly to Thryv. Although he speaks English, there's just that additional comfort level. The reason he came to me is mainly for the fact that he wanted somebody local. I told him that I'm always gonna be here, but I let him know that this is really where Thryv can help him. I was trying to delegate so I can focus on other things. So I did the onboarding.

We never had that piece completely resolved in the sense where there's been a relationship goal and I believe that could be a missing factor as we go forward because I'm in the relationship at this point. We are competing for my client's second line of business, which is a different market. We opened in Palm Desert, which is what I'm overseeing for him using Thryv, and I showed him that if one day I'm gone, it doesn’t matter since he has Thryv and he has a system that’s been built and he owns the system. But the only thing that I was hoping would be made available to him is that Spanish-speaking rep.

Also, the initial video that was published appeared that once the domain name was picked and it was published, the video quickly came right after that, and the branding was wrong because the new logo and the new colors weren’t established yet, but the video is produced. But that was resolved. We informed them that it wasn’t the right branding, right colors, and then the new video was shut, which was great. Overall, Thryv is a great product. It helps the business centers. But it would be very beneficial if we can plug an API into credit card processing.

Thryv response

Thanks for your feedback, Louis! I'm so happy to hear that Kristen is a great partner with you and things are going well with Thryv.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I've done my onboarding process and the website. I got the big package. I love the client portal. I love everything about it. It keeps me organized. The only thing that I had a concern with they were setting so many appointments to go through other new things with the software while I was busy during the tax season. I didn't have time for all of that. Once I got set up and I could work the software by myself, they were bugging me. If I needed help, I can call them. But I didn't want them to do so many appointments, and follow-ups. I had to send an email about it.

Thryv response

Hi Valerie. It's great to hear that you love Thryv. It also sounds like it's working for you. We appreciate you as a client and thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Everything's been great with Thryv. It has brought us business.

Thryv response

Hi Brian. It's awesome to hear that we've brought you new business. It sounds like Thryv is working for you. Thank you for your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I’m a reseller of Thryv. So, I figured I should use it if I’m reselling it. Great customer service. Also, so far the training has been excellent. It has a nice pace. They don't overwhelm you, and reschedule the next time. Just three things at a time. And I look at it like, “Okay. How do my customers probably feel when they're being trained? How do I feel, and how would my customers feel?” Some are technical, but my customers aren’t always. And I would think, “Okay, how is this for my customers?”

Thryv response

Pam, thank you. This is great to hear. It's very important to us that our training and response time to our clients is top notch. We appreciate you being a reseller of Thryv.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I've given every other advertising social media platform a chance and didn't like anything that I did. I decided to give Thryv a shot. I wanted to build customer loyalty and to see the customers come back when they were offered discounted services. I have 300 people that are in my contact list that I've sent emails and offers to and generally, I don't get a fantastic response. That's not the business or the way it's designed though. It’s more of the consumer itself. Apart from that, my representative, Tyler, was very good and very thorough. He answered my texts promptly when I've had issues.

Thryv response

Dave, I'm glad to hear that Tyler has been helpful and thorough. Our number one priority at Thryv is to assist our clients in a prompt manner. It sounds like Thryv is helping you keep in contact with your clients, so that is good news. We appreciate your business.

Rebecca B.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

We're a cab service and we're trying to get our name out there as much as possible. Thryv has done a very good job of it. They know their stuff. People would be mistaken not to get involved.

Thryv response

Thank you Brian. This is great news. We're very happy to hear that Thryv is working for you. We appreciate your business.

Thryv Company Information