3.64/5
  • 1 star
Based on 208 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DexYP™ provides local business automation software, plus digital and print marketing solutions, to more than 700,000 local businesses. Our flagship product—Thryv℠—combines business essentials, once managed through various tools, into one tidy software package. Thryv features include:

Customer communication via email and text with the help of a digital customer list.

Managing business listings, ratings and reviews.

Client scheduling and notification.

Estimate, invoice and coupon generation, plus payment processing.

The result: Thryv saves local business owners time and money, while enabling them to operate their businesses from the palm of their hand. It’s a tool like big businesses use but made for local businesses to help them not only survive in today’s tough market, but thrive.

In addition to Thryv, DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

In essence, we help local business owners easily run their businesses and power tools for consumers to find those businesses. For more information about the company, visit dexyp.com.

DexYP Gallery (1)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

576 DexYP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

So, Ryan ** suckered me in for another 12 months with YP. I've been trying to cancel for years, but they keep lowering my rate and offering me something new to justify advertising via an obsolete method. I'm willing to keep trying since the price is right and because I liked the idea of trying something new. He said, in addition to the same services I was already being provided he would also throw in some Direct Mail marketing. Great!

So, come October, I was supposed to begin that process. I had already sent over our logo and artwork... but nothing happened. Come November I called for an update via the YP call center. They said they would have my rep call me back. Never happened. Come December I called for an update via the YP call center. They said they would have my rep call me back. Never happened. Come January I called for an update via the YP call center. They said they would have my rep call me back. Never happened.

This process is getting quite tedious... because every time the call center takes about 5 minutes to verify my identity/account... and then puts me on hold for 5 to 10 minutes to contact my sales rep... only to come back on the line and say they cannot reach my rep and they will have my rep call me back. Which doesn't happen. I have also tried calling my rep directly... that doesn't work either. FRUSTRATING! So, YP, good job! You'e finally done it... you've driven the nail in your own coffin. Your advertising model is done with my business.

Hi Nathan -

Sorry to hear of the outlined issues. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns.

Ed

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I signed up with YP.com after listening to their presentation hosted by SCORE. I believed that they would help me grow my new small business. It has been a total waste of money. My sales rep, Crystaldawn **, SOLD me on the leads that would be generated from my relationship with YP.com. What a joke! The calls... the few that I have received have been worthless. I wish that I had read the reviews on FB before signing the contract because I'm being told that there is NO CANCELLATION ALLOWED. Unbelievable! So, YP.com doesn't deliver as promised and small businesses are left to pay a monthly fee for worthless advertising.

I will advise SCORE not tarnish their reputation by aligning themselves with YP.com again and report my issue to the BBB. I'm locked into this contract until May 2018 and my request for a hardship consideration for cancellation was denied by YP.com. My repeated calls to them have fallen on deaf ears. Crystaldawn, who was always available when she was reeling in me, has not responded to my numerous messages. I can't say this loudly enough to any small fledgling business owner, like myself, STAY AWAY, from YP.com!

Hi Ann,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues outlined, but happy to know that we were able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to do so!

- Ed

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

We’ve taken all of our paper advertising off and DexYP has been valuable for our internet advertising. Basically there are really very few venues and DexYP is one of the few and they do it well. The other venues that we do we offset what our plans are so we get to more people. Everything’s been good and DexYP has filled the need and maintained us. They answer questions, process things and keep us in the loop on our information.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

The customer service of DexYP has always been fine. The gal that we have that comes down here has always been helpful, knowledgeable and she always does everything we want. We have their phonebook service. They do a good job on advertising and they do a good number of placements but I just don’t know if it’s viable anymore. But they see that and they’re also moving into different media source like for websites and stuff like that. They said. “Well, don’t worry about it. We have computer people that will help you get on online and do this and do that and do this.” They’re pushing the computer stuff more and more everyday. So that keeps them a little ahead of the game. I would not have a problem recommending them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

We have been doing business with DexYP for a lot of years now and their customer service has been very good. They offer a lot of different programs and it seems like a better way of contacting customers. We just started their online services about a year ago and, so far, it seems like it'll be a good fit for us. Customers could do a Google search and find us that way. So far, we've been happy with it. We haven't used all of the products yet but they sound very appealing and we're going to be working on a customer list and send out emails. We're looking forward to doing that kind of stuff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

DexYP manages our website and our Facebook. They also do other things for us like putting us out on all of the search engines. They optimize our Google AdWords and do email blasts as well. So they're pretty valuable to us. Overall, they're reliable, easy to follow and get a hold of. Their customer service representatives are very knowledgeable, too.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I use DexYP for advertising to new patients and I've had good experiences with their representatives. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I worked with DexYP this fall. We're really busy in the summer because we're in the boating industry. We sat down and I just texted their rep, Abby, what I needed then and she got it done. For the most part, she was able to answer my questions. What she couldn't answer, she sent off and got it taken care of. As far as I know, everything is up to date.

We do our own in-house marketing stuff. DexYP's services has been great because they've made the changes that needed to be made. We had some name recognition issues, where they had to change everything, but there was a whole bunch of mess across the board and on all the webpages. As far as I know, everything has been switched over. They took care of all the stuff that was mismarked and misnamed on all the service they can get changes made to. We took the basic tier and it took some time to get everything fixed, but there's no way I could have done it myself. Depending on the business and how many name changes they have in there, I would definitely recommend DexYP because of the cost. We got a lot of stuff taken care of for the cost of doing business.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Let me say that we have been customers of Dex for quite a long time. Our problems began when we signed up for the display brand awareness, the fee was 500.00 a month for a year of which we paid on time. It was not money well spent, when it came time for renewal I told our rep that we wanted it cancelled. He was not happy about it but I did renew our phone book listing which came up for renewal at the same time, the contract I signed had a start date and a end date for the phone book listing but not the online ad so figured it was correct. The following month they billed us for the online listing and my wife paid it thinking it was a phone book ad the next month.

I realized the mistake and informed them that this ad was cancelled. The only response we got was a past due bill, for 6 months we wrote letters and notes on the bill that the service was not renewed, now a year later we are getting collections companies calling us. The last letter we got from the collections stated they were now charging us a 884.00 collection fee and 400.00 interest and the bill was only 3500.00. I have tried to tell these people that this service was not renewed but to no avail. I still have two other accounts that are up to date for phone book listings. It just drives me crazy that this company will not step up and fix this, I have been using phone book ads for over 30 years now, I am not trying to get something for nothing. I just refuse to pay for something I did not order, please be aware if you cancel a ad with this company write cancel across it and sign your name across it, thanks.

Hi Brad -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined and apologize for any inconvenience surrounding this matter. Our Client Care Team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We've used Dex since it was print yellow pages and we've used YP since it was BellSouth Advertising so DexYP is something that we've used for many years. The experiences were separate before but for both companies, it has all been a good and the customer service is great. We use them for digital and phone book ads and their services are pretty valuable. The internet itself definitely has higher leads but we get leads that suffix through DexYP.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My mom wanted someone to host her company's website and the DexYP reps we talked to have been really helpful. I do the meetings with Dex Media and my account person always responds to my emails in a very timely manner. We always have our scheduled monthly calls, too. However, there was one issue recently where something went wrong in the portal and our Facebook posts hadn't been posting on our page since August. I had to figure that out myself, but it should be fixed now. Other than that, DexYP has been valuable to our company.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I have business with DexYP for their Yellow Pages and online, and it was a pleasure working with them. The program that we signed up for didn't work out as much as we hoped for. In the beginning month or two, it was good. We have the results, but then it just went downhill after that. We got a little more presence than last year, but not what we were hoping for. We understand that and perhaps we needed to invest more. But, it needed to be more than what we were investing. Maybe they could have communicated with me better. Their explanation for the numbers going down is that we were open 24/7. Then she explained to me that if five days a week to just business hours were actually in the office, that would make our budget wouldn't run out as quickly. That would have been a nice information to have known in the beginning.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

We've been using both the print and online services of DexYP for advertising for several years now. We’re satisfied and our experience with their customer service has been great.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I've been in business for 20 years and DexYP handles all that stuff. It was one of the things that were already going when I got here, so we just continued on. A lot of businesses we get is through the Phonebook and Yellow Pages.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

We saw DexYP advertised in the Phonebook and we’ve been with them for 11 years. However, I noticed in the last six months that there was a wrong address and I was trying to get that straightened out. Their former guy did online stuff somewhere and I wanted them to change it but it took them a long time. They got me on another website that they built and got me posted. Then I got all these calls from a place two hours away from where I don't even service the area. I have mostly repeat referrals and don't do a lot of advertising today but I want to be where if somebody thinks of me, they can look me up and find my numbers. I haven't heard from them in a while, and I meet with my salesman once a year but they better follow up with the customer to improve.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for being a long time valued client. I'm sorry to know of the issue outlined and that customer service expectations haven't been met. Our Client Care Team will be reaching out to you to discuss your account and assist in any way possible.

- Ed

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Our sales representative from DexYP did a fantastic job for us. We get calls once a month to see that everything is in touch base. They always fix any questions that may arise so I’m in good shape. Our company does cost per click as well as some directory advertising with DexYP. At this point, their services are valuable. Their customer service is excellent.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

DexYP came recommended. We use them for the yellow pages service. Customer service has been good and since having them, we’ve gotten a few more referrals. It’s a good service.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

When we first started in business, we needed somebody that could do a webpage for us and DexYP seemed like the ideal match. They’re very conscientious and they were calling monthly. They were getting me on click-throughs and I gave them a $750 monthly budget but they were consistently getting me $250 a month more. They weren't maintaining my budget and I couldn’t afford to keep doing that so, I went with another company to handle that. Also, they seem to change hands a lot with the different people that handle the account which I understand happens in any big business.

Another part of the problem was that I wasn’t able to give them the feedback that they needed to make the webpage into everything that it could be. I’m sure they could have done it and I can’t blame them completely for the webpage not changing and getting bigger and better. If people need to have something done, DexYP is good but they’re going to have to watch the billing procedures.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

DexYP was handling our Yellow page advertising, so when we extended into a world where we have computers and people are looking up things on them instead of the Yellow pages, we continued working with Dex to make us more probable on the internet. We wanted to make sure we're coming up on the searches and we realize that people have to at least know that we exist and be able to find us. Dex also pays attention and keeps track of our different listings so that makes their service very valuable. They're doing a good job and their customer rep has been a fun and wonderful guy to work with throughout the years and that's a huge reason why I stayed with them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Our company has been around for 69 years and being in the Yellow Pages was the name of the game back then. Today, DexYP is still one of our number one lead generators. It’s a huge one for service especially plumbing. We’ve also had good reps but when they changed, we didn't get a lot of notice. They're effective though. They handle what we need them to and we’re happy with their services.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

We use DexYP's print, phonebook, online listing services, and banner ads on their site and their partner sites. The way they handled it was great and their customer service has been good. They have been a little bit valuable to our company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

The service they are trying to provide is really just a client management (CRM) system and pair it with their own version of Mail Chimp/Constant Contact and calendar system and want to slap a sizable monthly charge to it for the convenience of using one system. I realized I could find all these systems with leading or better technology platforms for a fraction of the price. Though what got me to try their system was the social media aspect which I thought could add value for the monthly cost. But after signing up, it took a few weeks for a relationship manager to contact me to get me set up on the system and it took the company close to 2 months before a single social media post was posted. It took a few calls but they decided to provide us a month free of charge for their delay.

Not sold on the system and serving 4 months of the 3 month contract, I cancelled the service in writing and verbally with account manager. (Had 3 different account managers in a 4 month period). I noticed shortly after cancelling another renewal charge for a new month. I called to have them confirm my cancellation again, and to reverse the charge.

They said the cancellation is confirmed but came up with some excuse that it takes some time to process the cancellation. Fast forward to the next month and again another full charge. Now it seems I cannot get a hold of anyone to help process the return. So let's cut them off from the source. Call the bank and cancel the card and report fraudulent charge. Fast forward another month or so and notice for collection shows up in the mail. This is a service where if I don't pay you cut me off. Oh no. This company has very shady business practices.

Hi Bryan -

I'm sorry to know if the outlined issues. Our Client Care Team will look into this matter and reach out to you in hopes of working towards a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

We got my phone services, online advertising, and phonebook advertising from DexYP. They took over the company that I have been dealing with and we’ve been with Dex for 5 years now. They are very helpful, and I trust them to turn to the new marketing that I’m not well versed in.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

We had advertising needs and we’re doing all of it through DexYP. We've been with them for quite some time and they've been very valuable to us. They do great advertising needs and the customer service has been excellent. They should keep up the good work.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

We’ve been with a telephone company since 1985 before DexYP took over it. My son took care of the advertisement with DexYP and when he passed away, it had been hard for me because I’m 88 years old. But I have worked with them when they called, and I'm very happy and I'm not planning on changing. I’d also recommend DexYP to friends for they wouldn’t find a better advertiser.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

DexYP's customer service was sometimes good and sometimes bad. It was dependent on the year and who I dealt with. At the beginning, it was terrible. I talked to a lot of different people and they acted like they weren't trained. However, in the past couple of years, it has been really good. I talked to the same guy and we were both on the same page. They overran the phonebooks for the company I previously worked for and we went digital towards the end. I'd recommend DexYP

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

We got DexYP as a rollover from our Yellow Page advertising. They are my go-to as far as those proactive posts on Facebook. I hope that people looking up for plumber services online and through the cellphones will find our company through listings that DexYP have helped us boost across the web. However, I am still getting robocalls about my Google page and that is frustrating to me. In this day and age of cellphones and looking up things, the DexYP side of things is a little less valuable than what it used to be in the past when everybody and their grandma only use the phone book to find people. Nobody gets the newspaper anymore. Also, I’m too lazy to have to go out and do radio and print. Still, DexYP is worth checking into. I would not limit it to be my only point of advertising for a company but I believe the service has its value.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

DexYP has been effective and they bought the company I used to advertise with. They took over YP too. I'm in one of their phone books on Fort Wayne and in one of their phone book publications indicator, so they’re someone I’ve been using a long time. I’ve been with them for as long as they’ve been in the Fort Wayne market, which is over 10 years. They’ve bought Superpages and they’ve changed to Dex, so they’re still one and the same. But the DexYP service could be better. The district manager of the Fort Wayne area recently followed-up with me and I wanted to change my contact. The gal that came and serviced my account was not doing a very good job for me. She wasn’t returning my calls so I contacted the district manager, got a new rep, and we’ve been good.

Also, in some of my Facebook advertising, they put stuff that’s out of season. They put one on there a couple weeks ago about mosquitoes and I’m in Indiana where there are no damn mosquitoes around in December. I told them that, so they got the idea that that post is not going to do a thing for me as that’s like trying to sell a snow blower in July. However, overall, DexYP has done well.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My company was already using DexYP when I was hired then and their customer service team treats me very well. It’s a good service to use if you don’t know what you’re doing yourself and they can take care of everything. They’ve been very valuable to the company.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We had a bunch of different marketing outlets but we wanted to open up more business opportunities. A DexYP guy comes out once a year and tells us what’s going on. Plus, they have friendly staff. We’ve been with DexYP for many years and we’ve got good service from them which is why we are getting lots of business.

DexYP Company Information

www.dexyp.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use