toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Dex Media

Hi Nicole - We're happy to hear how satisfied you are with our services. We are here for you, and will continue to help you reach your goals when it comes to marketing your business. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

We were looking for somebody who can help us with our website because we're not computer savvy. We needed somebody to help create it and work it for us. We went to Dex Media for their services and their customer service have always been friendly, courteous and very helpful. Dex Media has added a lot of value to our company. They've set up a website with photos, schedules and pricing and they did the layout as well. There are a lot of people that use websites to search for studios. Setting up a website is obviously working for us.

Mr. Steve ** came into my office and made a few promises. Best, Service and quality. To begin with, we were charged $199 from our account and the website has not even been completed. Mr. ** called back and said, "I got you a 1 time deal. We will credit you back this month." Then I asked, "What do you mean one month?" After the third time that I asked he said, "We need to charge you regardless if the website is complete or not." He promised not charges till the website was Launched. That is totally wrong. In my book that is STEALING $$$. They CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

After receiving another phone call from the accounting agency that handles Dex Media, I am about to call their headquarters to file an official dispute, as they are STILL charging us after they finally accepting our cancellation letter back in August 2016. It's now April 2017 and they want over $3,000! We never even actually used their services, as they were overpriced and the results were not satisfying. Highly disappointing.

Dex Media

Diane - Thank you so much for allowing us to be there for your business! Your feedback is greatly appreciated! - Ed

Original review: April 6, 2017

Dex Media's service has been valuable to our company. I've talked to their customer service once or twice and they were helpful.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, David - We're extremely happy to know that our efforts have worked to help your business be even more successful. If you need anything at all, just let us know! Thank you for allowing us to work for you! - Ed

Original review: April 4, 2017

We are a very busy company. We are small and we all wear many hats. To say we have the time to sit and post on Facebook and update our website constantly is unrealistic. Having Dex Media to step in and act as an extension of our company here at QSM is exactly what we need. I find their communication and professionalism on point and a pleasure to deal with. When I say, I don't have the time, they get it and they take care of it. In addition the website they designed paired up with the resources they use to move us up on the search engine lists has brought in almost more new business than we can handle. Well worth every dollar spent and couldn't be happier with their service.

Dex Media

Hi Gennadi - I am sorry to hear you’re having a negative experience regarding your account. Jason, on our client care team informed me he’s been in contact with you in response to your Consumer Affairs review. Jason also stated he listened to the audio recording for the renewal in question and discussed his findings with you in detail. We appreciate your feedback, Ed.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Promise of sweet services turn into bitter punishment with DEX. I started working with DEX in April 2014 and gave them a chance to prove that they can bring more business to my small company or at least they can bring business leads. I diligently paid every month for one full year. When in March 2015 my DEX rep Alex call me and said that "regretfully" my monthly bill will increase. I informed him that I want to cancel DEX contract because it did no good to my business. I said that I may consider staying with DEX only on both of two conditions: 1). I will be allowed to have "month-to-month" contract and free to cancel any time if I decide so. And 2). I have to see that my paying to DEX for online advertising produces some result, phone calls from potential clients, leads.

Two days later Alex said that both conditions were approved by his management. I gave him verbal agreement to continue services. New monthly bills indeed remained at the same rate as during previous year. But when I received new printed copy of agreement in a mail I saw that it is again a 12-months binding agreement. I immediately call Alex, but now he was unavailable. During next month or two I left him numerous voicemail, informing that I am stopping my payments to DEX and cancelling my agreement. Not one of these calls was returned. But I kept receiving bills for service.

When I call Client Care line they said that now it was too late and new agreement is in power and I have to keep paying. I refused and asked to make Alex call me and explain how and why he lied to me and got me into this mess. He never did. Now DEX wants $1059 and demands that payment through collection agencies, threatens to damage my business credit standing. I am considering taking this business to court as a counter measure. They harass me and my business through their dishonesty. I will return the favor. Do not like that, but see no other way to deal with bad businesses like DEX.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dex Media?

Dex Media

Hello Ronnie - I hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account performance. Our goal is to work for you and your business, so we are always available for our clients to determine what needs to be tweaked to gain optimum performance. Our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working toward a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have no computer skills and my reading is extremely limited. Dex Media rep, Jessica, explained to me that Dex Media would help me, a small one man company get started and send me lots of leads/customers. She convinced me that pay per click was the best way to go so I believed her. $3600 later I'm broke and I ask to drop my account down to something more affordable as I'm only getting 1 to 2 calls a day if I'm lucky. So she "paused" my account meaning everything would be shut down but yet still take $600 monthly from my account for no services!!! This was not explained to me before everything was shut down.

How can someone, Dex Media, coerce a person with hardly any reading skills and no computer skills into a binding contract? My wife is writing this for me the way. I have called to speak to the rep and was informed that I can't cancel the contract nor can they provide any services for the $600.00 they are currently taking from my bank account while the account is paused. What kind of company does this to someone who is clueless about the internet and how it works! I'm broke and I need to cancel this contract.

Dex Media

Hello Joyce - Thank you for allowing Dex Media to continue handling your marketing needs. If you ever need assistance or just want to discuss your account, please let us know, for prompt follow-up! - Ed

Original review: April 3, 2017

Dex Media's service was in place before I got here in our company. Although there's room for improvement, their service has been okay and we continue doing it.

Dex Media

Hi Renee - Thank you for allowing us to handle your print advertising. Also, thank you for renewing as we look forward to many more years of doing business with your company!

Original review: April 2, 2017

We use Dex Media only for Yellow Pages because we have a digital media manager that does everything for the web for us. But our experience using Dex has been fine. We just renewed and we'd continue to use them.

Dex Media

Hi Kevin - I'm sorry to hear of any confusion surrounding your account and would love to assist with follow up to ensure this matter is address appropriately. Our Client Care team will be contacting you in an effort to address all concerns, with hopes of working to resolve. - Ed

Original review: March 30, 2017

Since 1986 we have been advertising in print and more recently online with Verizon now Dex Media. 30 years, always paid the bill. I was coached into agreeing verbally to a contract for internet advertising. Had I realized what I was agreeing to, I would not have given consent. I called Dex resolution, spoke with Kevin. We listened while they played the voice tape. I was told that this was a binding contract and could not be changed. I am in the process of reviewing my rights under Connecticut Consumer Law. They have made a very unhappy customer of me. I feel as though the verbal contract is a way to increase billing and hide the details. Very sneaky.

Dex Media

Hi Shelly - Thank you for allowing us to be your marketing company and we certainly value your business. If you'd like me to have a rep reach out to you to discuss your account performance and any other concerns, please let me know. - Ed

Original review: March 30, 2017

Dex Media's customer service representatives are friendly. They call me and go to my account every so often. They are advertising my businesses in the yellow pages and I also have an online ad. However, I don't see a lot of results. I haven't had a lot of people telling me they're calling because of the ads.

Dex Media

Hi Michael - I hate to know that your experience with us has been disappointing and that your issues were never addressed and resolved. We will promptly be reaching out to you in an effort to address this matter at length, with hopes of working toward a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: March 27, 2017

Our contract started in January of 2016. As of today I still have not paid one invoice they have sent me. Our experience with them has been horrible. We have been in business for almost 20 years and have always work well with our vendors and if there was an issue we found a way to resolve it. We have always paid our bills. This has been such a bad experience from the very beginning that I could never bring myself to pay one invoice. I guess I also didn't pay because I thought it would get someone's attention and we could resolve our issues. It took a couple months to get a meeting with a manager who I never saw again. We just got a credit but never addressed our problems and how to fix them. It's been over a year now and we are still getting invoices with new digital charges. I've called and tried to cancel several times but the bills keep coming. NEVER WORK WITH THIS COMPANY!

Thank you for being a long-time valued client! We appreciate your review! - Ed

Original review: March 25, 2017

I’ve been in business for 29 years, and I started out with Verizon. Now I'm with Dex Media for my ad in the phonebook. However, I don’t believe that that many people use the phonebook anymore.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, Kym - We hate to lose you as a valued Dex client. We will look into this matter for you and see if we can get it resolved to your satisfaction. Please expect a call from our Client Care team. Thanks, Ed!

Original review: March 21, 2017

Stay AWAY!! You can't cancel once you sign up. They will just keep sending you bills one after another. I called and cancelled our account in October of 2016 because we weren't getting any leads from it. I was told we were under contract until February 2017 and would have to pay until then. Fine, no problem I get it. So I have and when I received my bill in February I called again to confirm that the account was cancelled. He said yes it was cancelled and we would have no charges going further. WRONG - March 5th I got another bill. I called them and they said "Oh, the print charges account was closed but not the online digital account. That one automatically renewed..." Such a horrible way to do business.

Dex Media

Hi Michele - We hate to know of the obstacles encountered regarding your acount. We'd be happy to look into this matter with hopes of working toward a resolution. Our escalations team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: March 21, 2017

Dex Media is the WORST company to deal with! They do not provide the services they claim to provide. We've been battling with their collection agencies since 2015 when we verbally cancelled our contract with a manager there who never told us to also put it in writing. They've been adding all sorts of fees onto our "so-called balance" and every few months a new collection agency is contacting us. Apparently it's our fault for not reading all the fine print and sending them something in writing. We pay all our bills on time and I'm sick of getting harassed by these agencies. I would recommend that everyone steer clear of these con artists.

Dex Media

Leann - It's a great feeling to know that you are doing a good job and that your client is satisfied! Thank you for providing your feedback!

Original review: March 19, 2017

We had an advertisement in the Yellow Pages and decided we wanted to do an online campaign. We were looking for web page services and connecting with our customers. So far, Dex Media has been very helpful, very informative and they made a great web page for us. I love DexHub.

My company has had an account with Dex for some years. It has not had any benefit that I can see. I've been trying for MONTHS to get ahold of someone to discuss our account. Initially, I only had some questions but at this point after such continued bad service, I am certain that we no longer want to continue working with Dex. After constantly being sent in circles, I was finally able to get my account manager's contact info. I have called him about 10 times over the last 2 weeks with no reply whatsoever. Horrendous service. Dex obviously has no interest in actually maintaining customers.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Dex Media

Hi Tanner - I hate to hear of your frustration surrounding your account, and that customer service expectations weren't met. We will be reaching out to you as soon as possible in an effort to address this matter at length. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: March 15, 2017

I called about an incorrect invoice that we received. The customer service representative I spoke with was very hard to understand and very rude to me. He acknowledged that the invoice was incorrect but refused to generate a correct invoice. When I asked for a correct invoice he just repeated a cookie cutter explanation and would not let me speak. I had to hang up and call back because he became rude and agitated toward me. When I called back I got another representative who could not even understand me.

We've rolled over to Dex Media from whatever it was before. We left our advertisement in the Yellow Pages but we're not using it for major advertising. We're basically a closed practice which means that the only way to actually get in to us is to be referred in by someone who's already in the practice so we don't do advertising anywhere. It's referral based only. We just keep the listing in case someone like a senior citizen needs to look it up and the information is there available to them if they need to get to us.

Dex Media

Hi Ed - I hate to hear of your frustration surrounding your account. We will be reaching out to you in an effort to address this matter with hopes of working toward a resolution. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: March 13, 2017

I had advertised with Dex Media for years. The one reason I started was because they took over my Yahoo Local account. Any changes I wanted to make had to be thru their site. I was on the first page of Yahoo for 10 years. Making changes to my was ok until my Yahoo local listing went from plumbing to Plastic products categories and pre-consulting constellation. I dropped out of sight. Called to try to get it fixed and was suppose to renew for another year. Salesman said Yahoo not everything so I cancelled my upcoming year. They tried to blame everyone but them. However am I stupid cause for years I made changes to my Yahoo thru their site.

Well now that all my advertising with them is over I have for two months been trying to get them to remove all my content from Yahoo local so I can take over my own Yahoo local listing and to get them to quit my merchant verified account. I'm being held hostage thru their advertising. I'm a plumbing company with a Plastic Product category. I will never advertise again with them. All they want is more money. By the way if you do advertise with them and want to cancel you have to call cause when it's time to renew it's automatic renewal unless you get an authorization number before your advertising renews.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, Dr. Kim - I'm sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined. We value all of our clients and certainly want you to have the best experience possible. Please expect a call as we will be reaching out to you regarding this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: March 13, 2017

I have worked with this company since Superpage. They did decent job before but since they changed company name as 'Dex Media' they stole my money from advertising. First of all, they shut down my website server due to 'lack of pay per click' fund. It is a ridiculous advertising policy I never heard.

We have Dex Media and it's for advertising in our local yellow page. The pricing and the service being provided have been good. Everything's been fine with their customer service too, as well as during the couple of times I've had to call them to change companies and accounts.

Dex Media

Hi Vincent - My apologies for the frustrations outlined regarding your account. Be assured that this matter will be looked into, in great detail, and one of our specialized Client Care team members will be reaching out to you in an effort to resolve the matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: March 9, 2017

Our Office has been a customer of Dex for more than 20 years. We have had a 2 page ad in their book from the beginning of our office's inception. Now things have gone very wrong. First, names in our ad were inaccurate. The proof was correct but somehow Jon became Joe when it went to print. I called and complained and I got a $39 discount for having the first name wrong everywhere in the book. It's not easy to find you if they don't know to look for the wrong name.

Second, we are being billed for services we did not want, namely the digital services. Due to a large decline in revenue, when our renewal came up last year we asked to have our ad downsized so we would spend less money. We wanted to spend half as much as we have been. We were told changing the size of the ad would not affect the price so it was recommended to keep it the same size. This, of course, makes no sense, but it's the typical stuff the sales rep tells you. (HIBU had no problem reducing our ad and charging us less!)

We then said we did not want the digital services which are $1330 per month. That would cut our costs in about half. Despite telling them ahead of time, those charges were never dropped. This is the fraudulent practice they seem to hook everyone with as I have read numerous reviews from others that have been charged for services they tried to drop.

Then the fun starts which is trying to actually talk to someone to help you. The sales rep ignored our calls and emails. Calling the main number only gets you a recording saying they are busy and want you to call back another time. When I do try and stay on the line I have waited literally 30 minutes or more only to be disconnected. I did this 4-5 times. I don't have a lot of time during my day to be on the phone to only be hung up on. When I did get a hold of someone they could only tell me I was obligated to pay for the services I did not want. All of my efforts have been fruitless. I have given up trying to communicate with them.

I knew ahead of time we would not be able to afford to spend $3000 per month but Dex decided to charge us for it anyway. I would never sign up for something I could not afford and am not happy that Dex did not do what we requested from the beginning. Now not only am I being charged for the services I did not want, I am now getting a late fee of about $350 a month added to our bill. According to Dex I have a delinquency of over $25K to date. I am now being threatened with being sent to a collection agency to collect the debt I tried not to incur.

I have been in business 27 years and have never had a problem with another company like this. It is especially disheartening considering we have had a large display ad in their book for 25 years. However, this situation seems to be a regular strategy for Dex as when I look online there are numerous posts describing the same circumstances as mine. So please be very aware that if you sign up for advertising with Dex, THEY will decide what services you will be billed for despite your ability to pay for them. Once THEY decide what advertising you will be charged for there is no way to cancel the program.

Dex Media

Hello Jamie - I'm sorry to hear of the issues outlined regarding your account and apologize for the frustration and inconvenience caused. This matter has been escalated and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible to go over your programs at length, address all concerns, and work toward a resolution. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: March 5, 2017

A little background on my situation here really quick. I have a business that I do in 6 different locations. I have 6 different numbers for each area so customers can call a Local Number. Let's go back about 2.5 years ago. I called a Dex Media rep to place an ad in a phone book in North Dakota. The phone book timeline was too late so he talked me into doing the online listing. After the online listing was complete the guy who I talked with said he would give me a call before the book came out the following year to make sure it got placed.

About 8 months later, I thought I would call up to see when the next book was coming out and it was too late. The guy never called me back or nothing. I ended up getting another Rep to talked with. I had spoke with her about my previous situation and not getting in that phone book and she was super nice and apologized for this happening and told me that it wouldn't happen again. Well anyways it did.

When we set up the listings for the other 3 books she said everything was good to go and there wouldn't be any issues. Well the ball got dropped once again. I did get in one of the phone books, the others I didn't. When she made the order and one of the 3 got set up for the following year 2017 which is this year now. I got on the phone and complained to her again about this other listing once I noticed I wasn't in the book. She was nice about it and offered a free online listing and my next listing free. The other listing I guess there was a problem in their system so I didn't get a call on that one. It got cancelled because in their system the number turned red meaning it wasn't a valid number or something. So there that part is.

I signed up for Search Engine Marketing a year ago. I got a bill from them and I haven't received one before so I got a little curious. With Search Engine Marketing you pay for services before you get them or at least I did. I think this is standard for everyone though. I started receiving weird calls on a North Dakota number for local service that was suppose to be in Helena, Montana. Keep in mind I have many different phone numbers so I know who is calling from what area. I thought maybe they dialed the number off an old estimate or something or possibly from my website. I kept getting these calls on my North Dakota phone which I hardly used because I didn't have my listing in the phonebook in North Dakota. (I still don't).

I thought I had an issue with my AT&T cell phone service because I switched sim cards on a few different phones and forwarded a number to another one. I spent a lot of time going through each phone and I had one that had the wrong IMEI in their system. I thought the problem was solved. I get a bunch of calls from all over Montana on my phones so I was just assuming my marketing program was working properly. Well this morning I got a bill from the online service I purchased through Dex Media. I never get bills because the money comes directly out of my bank account like clockwork. I opened up the email and clicked on the link, and signed in. It was maybe my second time on the site. I did my own online marketing before and I didn't want to do it anymore so that was why I had Dex do it.

As I am looking through the messages I started looking at a few things. I don't remember what problem I spotted first but my Search Engine Marketing has the WRONG number for listings that were for Helena. They use call tracking so when I was searching for listings in the area, my ad popped up with an 800 number. I never thought anything about it. When you call the 800 number it is forwarded to the business phone attached to the ad, which happened to be North Dakota. It did NOT forward to my Helena number like it should have! Keep in mind, I don't use the North Dakota phone much because I don't have the local phone listed in the phone book and a few other reason which I will explain below.

My North Dakota phone got a bunch of calls from Marketers wanting to get me on the first page of Google or they wanted to approve my company for a loan. It is the scams that most people get when they start a website or business in a new area. I stopped taking out of area calls and if they would leave a message I would call them back if it was for a job. With the call forwarding set up my online marketing had, a different number would ring in. Once again I wouldn't answer out of area calls. I didn't know these were calls from their forwarding service either because I never answered them. Who would have thought my phone in North Dakota was ringing all the time for business intended for Helena Montana?

When a call came in from my marketing program and went to voicemail, I got a voicemail that was exactly 4 minutes long every time with nothing but silence! I got to the point where I hardly ever turned the phone on. When I did I would have 10 to 15 of these calls on my visual voicemail from AT&T and 4 minutes of silence. I wasn't able to put 2 and 2 together until today. Wrong number on the online marketing program and the call forwarding number on the ad. So for a full year I have been paying for a service that NEVER was working properly and I would have never known the difference if I didn't look at the Online Ad for the listing and did my own research on it. The ad got 266 calls total in a year's time and I know I have had more than 150 of those dead silent 4 minute voicemails that came in from their call forwarding setup they used! That's not all.

My online listings are all wrong. Got a different phone number online for Helena that is suppose to be for Billings. For my products and services it shows Gears, Pulleys, Electric Motors, Belts, Bearings and Power Transmission Parts. Not sure what else is goofed up. I am still looking. I normally don't write reviews but having problems over and over and over is a problem. It's like a roller coaster ride with them!

We had a sales person come in and tell us about Dex Media so I decided to try to advertise on it. It's better than the phone book, and I recommend them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Dex Media

Julie - We're very happy to know that your concerns have been addressed and resolved. Thank you for allowing us to assist you! - Ed

Original review: March 2, 2017

This case has worn me out trying to resolve a contract Dex Media never fulfilled but charged me for. They do not listen to their customers but may have computers that run everything. Submitting receipts. They never provided a website for the products they billed me for. I have tried to work this out and spent hours on the phone with them. There is a different representative each time. Now I am getting constant prank calls from Texas and threatening calls from collection agencies. I would never recommend doing business with them because they do not get things straight. They do not work for the customer but for them self because they were unable to resolve a very simple problem. They did not do what they said they were going to do.

The account was cancelled because they were unable to do a website because I was unable to get out of a contract I was in. Instead of removing the Dex hub and SEO on a website they did not or could not do, they let it run for many months and sent me a bill then pretended they provided the services. They could of just fixed the problem but sent it to a collection agency and now are calling me continually. If they really cared about the people they worked for, they could easily see that there is no way they could have provided the service they charged for.

I was hoping not to have to put this on the Web because the initial customer service representative was nice. The initial meeting we had planned I was 9 minutes late and they cancelled it. The second one their customer service representative was sick. It then turned out during that time that the contract I was in with the web developers I had could not be broken. The contract was contingent that I would be able to get out of the contract I was in. In the contract I was in with another web developer, my website was held hostage and there was no way I could get on the site so I did not think the information could be transferred and was uneasy about cancelling the contract with the site that was held hostage.

I told Dex Media that I was unable to get out of the present contract and they said OK and cancelled the contract I had signed. My whole intention was to go with Dex but due to the initial treatment of being 9 minutes late and then the second meeting being cancelled due to a sick representative and knowing my present website was under hostage, I had no choice but to not go through with the contract. The contract was contingent to having the website built by Dex. They never built the website so the products they were charging for were never used or accessed. They know the problems I was dealing with and gladly cancelled the contract but never put it through the computers as cancelled and then charged me for a contract there was no way they could fulfill.

To me it looks like a computer error that was never corrected and I do not plan to pay them for services they never did or even could do. This will affect my business credit. All it looks like is a computer error on their part. I did turn it in to their Attorney General and it was never resolved through them either. There is no way you can do SEO or a Dex Hub without a website. I had no website with them and was under hostage with my other website. There is no way they can legally charge me for services they did not do even if my signed my name to this contract because a contract goes both ways. If they charge something, they have to provide something. They can not charge something they did not provide.

I really think this is a computer error that they refused to correct. This is not an evaluation of the work they do but an evaluation of how they bill because they did not or could not do any work for me even though I was hoping it would work out. Because of this billing error, I will never do business with them. I am only evaluating them based on their communication and billing because they never did any work for me but charged me for it.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, John - I'm sorry to hear of the issue encountered, and apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused you. We'll be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns with hopes of working toward a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Fairpoint in New Hampshire decided years ago to cancel phone book distribution but this sales rep told me they were. Now I'm stuck paying for it and nobody gets phone books. I even had two reps tell me they were. This company now makes FairPoint look bad too. You can tell by the complaints to stay far away, and don't believe anything they say!!! I feel I deserve a full refund. Check your state for phone books before you sign up. I have 40 years in businesses.

The customer service at Dex Media was great and I have no problems with them whatsoever. We don't do the kind of business where we use a lot of advertising, but from time to time we get business from it and our experience with Dex has always been positive.

Dex Media service has been very valuable to us over close to 20 years and they help us with the yellow page ad in the local phone book. Dex Media was referred to us by our landline provider and their customer service has been great this year. Their personnel has been very friendly, professional, and always wanting to help answer questions and assist us in any way they can.

Dex Media

Hi Amy - My apologies for the dissatisfaction surrounding the performance of your account, and that customer service expectations weren't met. We'd love to speak to you regarding your concerns. Please expect a call from our Client Care department. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

We were paying close to 8K a year. We were only getting 2 calls a month. I contacted our rep. and he did nothing. He told me we would have to spend more money to get better results. He claimed he would see what he could do. Never heard anything back. I called him and left a message and he never returned my call. Now I am stuck in a contract getting almost nothing for it. STAY AWAY!!!

Dex Media

Hello Dennis - My apologies for the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account and any inconvenience this matter has caused you. Our escalations team will look into your concerns and account details, and promptly reach out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

We "attempted" to utilize DEX for some business advertising. We absolutely could not have imagined a worse experience. We reached out to DEX as they were doing some "Enhancement" of their system to "vastly" improve things for their customers and achieve better results for their customers. Eight Months after reaching out to them...NOTHING WORKED. We couldn't even look at our advertising campaign or view anything that was supposedly taking place to market our business.

After Eight Months of trying, we were provided another campaign manager who promptly said "NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN SET UP FOR YOUR COMPANY". This basically confirmed our suspicions since we screen all calls to determine where all the calls are generating from. When we would call DEX, they would send us this report of all these calls and clicks on our Website, only to find out that they never set up anything properly or input our keywords into the system.

The whole time our Representative keeps telling us that we're getting credited each month because we ultimately found nothing to actually be set up. Unfortunately, the bills would keep showing up. Each month the amounts would be wrong from what we had originally agreed to. Incredibly, they couldn't even provide an idea of why we were magically charged the amounts that we were seeing. Then, amazingly, we get a bill for a whole year. At which point, we contact our representative at Dex to have him tell him it's all cleared up. Unfortunately, the bills keep coming...all of them amounts that don't correlate with our agreement. It's at about 10 months into this mess that we reach out formally and cancel anything to do with DEX. We call, we write emails, and get no response.

After canceling via numerous methods, Dex Auto-Renews our contract and continues to bill us. This company is a complete sham. Their methods of contracting with people are completely illegal. They even are even willing to make up fictitious verbal agreements to steal your money. Dex will say when you attempt to cancel, that you did not follow the process. Incredibly, there is not process provided or documented at any point for cancellation.

To sign people up to contracts verbally, and then to require a completely different, "undocumented" process for cancellation is unethical and illegal. A contract has to have formal terms and conditions agreed to by both parties...not something "made up" so they can effectively steal small business owners money. Dex is the epitome of awful. This "wonderful" company files bankruptcy so it doesn't have to pay back its creditors but really goes out of their way to rip off their clients at every chance they can. Our advice is to avoid DEX like the plague.

Dex Media Company Profile