Call toll free
3.62/5
Based on 365 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

DexYP provides an all-in-one management software targeted towards small business as well as digital and print marketing solutions with the intent of saving both time and money. DexYP's flagship product, Thryv, provides for a single platform for you to manage your day-to-day business tasks and more. With Thyv, you're able to manage customer communication via email and text as well as manage business listings, ratings, and reviews. Thyv also allows for client scheduling, quote processing, invoice and coupon generation, as well as payment processing.

In addition to Thryv, DexYP offers display, social media and search products that connect local businesses to the 47.5 million monthly visitors of our online directories yellowpages.com, Superpages.com® and DexKnows.com®.

DexYP Video
DexYP Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

840 DexYP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

Before I started in our company 4 years ago, they have been working with DexYP and the DexYP service has been valuable. We use them for the phone book. Some of my interaction with the customer service team went okay while there are some of them where I’m still standing and scratching my head. They usually send us a bill then we mail them the payment. But for some reason, they are sending us two bills. One bill is for $200 a month and the other one is a $25 bill. Why don’t they combine those all into one and send one bill like they used to? Other than that, our experience has been good.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 14, 2018

I signed up initially on 2/7/18 for what the rep informed me was a presence program. I was told I was getting a 50% discount. It turned out the program was useless. I called, texted and emailed and no response. When I called to cancel they assigned a new rep, gave me a different program and assured me it would work. I gave them my business credit card for the new amount of $240.00. This was another useless program, everything they promised in writing was not done.

Then they charge my credit card $340.00 twice in 1 day without authorization. I sent Koree over 15 emails, screenshots of the text messages and her solution was to refund me $200.00. I am a small cleaning business and what DexYP did was the equivalent of me charging someone for cleaning and then not provide the service. How can the company justify charging a card I did not authorize when I signed the 2nd agreement. The calls are recorded and Koree is fully aware that I gave my business credit card and not my personal.

Hi Janisse -

I'm sorry to know of the issues relayed regarding your account experience. This matter has been escalated for prompt follow up. Please expect a call soon.

Ed

Original review: July 13, 2018

We have been a DexYP client as long as the yellow books have been published. We advertise with YP separately before they merged, so now we have two separate accounts with the company. It was originally Verizon then it was transferred to SuperMedia, and then Dex Media, now DexYP. They host our website and I’m satisfied with what we get from them and the support that we receive from them as well.

Original review: July 10, 2018

We used the old Dex text service and while there was also a huge issue with Dex (lost my entire text list when they changed providers) the old interface was simple, straightforward and reliable and the pricing was great! Thryv's platform tries to be everything to everyone and is a terrible option for those wanting to send text messages. The creation page is awful - multiple sections - the delivery is slow and erratic (sent a text at 3:30pm and wasn't delivered until 3am - and then delivered twice!) and the general premise behind the platform is flawed (companies don't send the same type of content via text as they do via email). I don't use the email program but if it's anything like the text delivery - I'm sure it's filled with bugs. My recommendation is to find a company that specializes in either text or email because this all in one is nothing but trouble!

Original review: July 10, 2018

We're originally doing advertising with DexYP and their customer service has been good. They're friendly, helpful and experienced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DexYP?

Resolution response: July 10, 2018

Our issue was resolved and we are very happy with the outcome.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I am trying to cancel our contract. The office kept giving me the run around. After I finally spoke to Kyle ** in resolution I was informed that if I want a copy of the contract I need a court order. How can someone follow the rules of a contract and not get a copy to know what the rules are? How do I know that is my contract date? I was told I was sent out a letter to review the advertising content however I never received that. I have been here for 2 years and I haven't seen one yet. Unbelievably my contract renews in July, but I have to give 30 days notice, and I missed it by 28 days. This contract was supposedly in place in 2010. There has been turnover here in the last 8 years.

Good morning, Kim -

I hate to hear that you want to cancel your account and apologize for any issues encountered during your attempts to reach to discuss this matter. A case has been opened regarding this matter and we'll be reaching out in an effort to address and try to resolve.

Ed

Original review: July 3, 2018

DexYP has a reputation that made us end up with having their service. We've been using them for years and my contact person is great. However, the changes are terrible. About two months ago, they started to keep adding and changing different things that are not working on this end and they're not able to fix them. And I'm not the only one that's complaining about them either. They haven't handled it yet and their customer service is waiting to get answers from their managers.

Now, I don't know where some of the calls or my leads are coming from. So DexYP needs to stop changing programs. When it's working perfectly fine, there's no need to be adding items that nobody is asking for that are causing more confusion than good. They need to figure out all these issues that everybody has been having and get them fixed so that we can run our businesses. And if you're considering DexYP, be cautious on what products you'll be getting because sometimes they're not worth it right now. Some are good, some are not.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have been a client of this company for many years, but this year, after I signed a new contract, their service has gone downhill. I pay monthly faithfully and it isn't cheap, yet they have changed their platform for Thryv and it is not user friendly. OR, if it is, no one has fixed it for me so that I can utilize it. When I chat, they inform me that someone with authority will contact me. I started this back in the beginning of May, a full 2 months. I physically spoke with someone last week, and again was promised a call back from someone who can help. Crickets, yet again. Yet, they sure do collect my money every month. They don't have a problem with that.

Hello Richard -

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having issues using your Thryv platform and can't apologize enough that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to reach out regarding this matter. We'll be contacting you soon in an effort to address all concerns.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I signed my company, **, up for digital advertising with YP originally and then DEX bought them YP out. I pay $871 per month for digital advertising. Since I started tracking the performance back in February 2018 here are the results: Feb-8 calls -- 4 someone selling me something 2 were for services I don't provide and 2 were legit. Mar-10 calls -- 5 someone selling me something 3 legit -- 2 robocalls. Apr-5 calls -- 1 someone selling me something;1 legit; 3-robocalls. May-5-calls -- all robocalls. Jun-11-calls -- 2 legit--9 robocalls.

I've notified customer service; my sales rep; his supervisor with no one stepping up to admit that the service is not working and definitely not worth the money. I'm now stuck with a contract that doesn't expire until November or February--it's hard to keep track because any changes on the account ends up extending the contract. So my advice to you is DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU ARE PROVIDED SOME KIND OF TRIAL PERIOD. You will mainly get phone calls from other businesses trying to sell you something or robocalls.

Hi Edwin -

I'm sorry to know of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding the performance of your account. This is certainly a matter that we need to look into to assure that all is setup properly to provide you with success. We'll be in contact as soon as possible regarding this matter.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We used to be with SuperMedia then they switched over and became DexYP. It was confusing then but everything was taken care of well so there was no harm done. We've been with them for a long time and the service is fairly valuable. Our boss mostly wanted to have a little bit of exposure online if people were searching for us. But he's not a huge advertiser and we stay simple. So, as long as it is easy for people to find us, then he is happy. We like the reports where we're able to see where we're getting calls from, whether it'd be online, from Facebook, or whether it'd be from our ad on the Yellow Page part of thing. That's helpful. Also, the customer service has been good. DexYP has all done a good job for us and I would recommend them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 29, 2018

I am so tired of dealing with this terrible company. I have been with them since 2012. At first just yellow page ads. Then, I stupidly signed up for an online marketing campaign with them and the results were subpar. I signed a contract and felt obligated to perform my end of it, even if they did not really perform their end of the bargain. When the end of the contract was approaching, I both called and sent in a written notice terminating the online portion of the contract, as I was required to do. I got a confirmation number that they received my termination notice.

The next month, I got an email notice of an invoice that included payment for the terminated service. I called them and explained that it was not supposed to be charged for the terminated part of the service. The person on the telephone confirmed that I had terminated the contract and that I should not and would not be charged. When I got my credit card bill, they had charged me for the terminated services. I had to file a complaint with my credit card company to cancel the improper charge.

I also have told the account rep to only call me on my work number as I do not always have my cell phone with me and do not always check messages. Please, I reiterated, only contact me at my business number. Nope, she calls the cell. I got a mildly threatening message yesterday evening that my charges were going to go up considerably for the print ads unless I accepted her offer for a “package.” I have hated my dealing with this terrible company and want to cease doing business with them ever again. This means that I will not have print ads in the phonebooks, because they are the only game in the entire state, but so be it. I refuse to be threatened and toyed with by this company any longer. I plan to seek an attorney to explore options for redress on how I have been treated.

Hi Nik -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined regarding your account experience. This matter has been escalated to our Executive Claims Team for prompt follow up with you in an effort to try and resolve.

Ed

Original review: June 28, 2018

DexYP does my website and their service has been very valuable to my company. They did a good job with the website. Also, I have good interactions with their customer service representatives.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 27, 2018

I have been with DexYP for a number of years and am finally retiring. When I called DexYP to stop the ad I was told that I had to pay an additional 14 months because the yellow pages had already been printed. I was not given this notice beforehand. I also found that they had been advertising in the wrong county without my consent. After about 45 minutes with the adviser and getting nowhere I asked for her name so I could put in my review. She gave me her first name and hung up on me. She said they would send it to collection. They are easily the worst company I have dealt with in my 45-year business life. Beware.

Hello Mark -

I'm sorry to know of the issues encountered and apologize for any inconvenience. We'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible to address all concerns.

Ed

Original review: June 23, 2018

We've been the the company even before they were purchased by DexYP. So far, everything's okay. DexYP is good to have. I would recommend them because anytime we get new clients, they do call us. And a lot of the times, if they’re not referred from other clients or people, I’m assuming that that’s where they get the information from.

Hi Leann,

It's great to know that we're getting it right! Thank you for being a loyal client!

- Ed

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 22, 2018

Every year since I started my business back to 1997, I have to sign the contract to in order to bind our agreement, NO one ever told me about the cancel request needs to be make before a certain date or it will be renew automatically. I told David not to continue any advertisement, didn't sign any contract in 2016, this is a FORMAL request already, after I found out I was charged again. I called and talked to David and another rep, I got the cancel confirmation.

In May 22 2016, I confirmed with Eula again on the phone again, she confirmed to remove and cancel the contract and not to charge me anymore. David, every year I was very reluctant to keep the print Ad, you always tried to sell me the print again and again, eventually I gave everything up in 2016, please please speak out for me, you know everything from the very beginning, you should not try to avoid the responsibility.

Good evening, Jane -

I'm sorry to know of the issues outlined and would like to help with getting your concerns addressed and resolved. This matter has been escalated and our Executive Claims Team will be reaching out on Monday in an effort to resolve.

Ed

Original review: June 21, 2018

We used to have YP and I was not pleased with dealing with them. Dex bought them and dealing with Dex was fine. I had dealt with the sales rep before and so I had a prior relationship with him. Our interactions have been fine. Overall, DexYP is worth talking to.

DexYP response

Allan - Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback!

Resolution response: June 25, 2018

The company refunded our business, which made us happy

Original review: June 19, 2018

Very disappointed with the service advisor of this company, when he came and explained to us what Thryv was we were unsure if it was something we wanted to do, he told us that we should give it a trial run and if we didn't like the services we were free to cancel at anytime. Not one but two people heard this service advisor say this, as we are learning more features of programs we have to have in order to run our business we find that these programs have many features that we chose to possibly use Thryv for, when we send emails about canceling we are given the run around about who has to cancel the services.

Finally call to cancel after 2 weeks 'cause we are not getting anywhere with emails and am told that we are in a 12 month contract, never once were we told about a contract and again the service advisor told 2 people that the account could be canceled at any time. Very disappointed, with the service advisor and the company. We are a small family ran business who take pride in being honest with our customers and hoped for the same from those we do business with.

Hello Chesley -

I'm sorry to know of this matter and apologize for any confusion that may have been caused. We will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns and try to resolve.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We contacted DexYP because we were doing an information launch to update our clients of our new contact information. We were very specific about what our needs and assured they could complete the task. After sending them our files, I was informed the files had been duplicated and the only way to correct it was manually. I had to correct that error at my expense in my office. The mailing didn’t happen. The Facebook account, was not as represented. I tried contacting the gentleman that I spoke to when I started this process and he is no longer with the company.

I spoke to another young man about my account and he apologized to me and very honestly told me that they were trying to work out the kinks. They were going faster than they had expected from the buyout and sometimes things happen. His honesty is why they got two stars. The rest can learn from him. My business is based in Hendersonville and I got a call that I am being charged for an ad being run 5 hours from our office that we never approved. In fact we specify we’re told we could not run ads no more than 20 miles from our office.

Things happen, when your employees tell your customers something that isn’t accurate. Use it as a teaching moment and move on. You lose more business not accepting responsibility and being accountable. You’d be surprised how far a genuine apology can go and an effort to make thing right as opposed to becoming defensive and deflecting. It doesn’t matter why it’s wrong, if it’s wrong it’s wrong and it needs to be fixed.

Hi Diana -

I'm sorry to hear of the outlined issues and apologize for any inconveniences encountered as a result. We'll promptly reach out to you regarding this matter with hopes of resolving.

Original review: June 19, 2018

YP was the phonebook in our area and when they came to us, I bought it. Now,we use the phone listing with DexYP and they have been fine.

Original review: June 18, 2018

DexYP has been working with us for years. They used to be somebody else then they became DexMedia and now DexYP. Our interactions with the representatives have been fine and I would recommend DexYP.

Hi Debra,

Thank you for being a valued long-time client! You are greatly appreciated and so is your feedback.

- Ed

Original review: June 17, 2018

The service DexYP has provided me and the people that I've dealt with had all been very good in the second half of my experience. The first half was disjointed, but they made some changes apparently and it all got very smooth. It was all professional and that's what I've been dealing with for the second half of my experience with them. The actual management of what they're doing for me is very good and they give me all the reporting I need.

The biggest issue I had is that I went into the service knowing that it might not be something that would work for my business, but I was willing to try it. And I have, so far, not realized any return from it. That's a little hard to swallow. But I would not be able to identify the specific problem other than my business might not just work this way and I might not be able to get customers this way. So, make sure your business actually fits into the whole digital marketing scheme. But if you're gonna do it, Dex is a fine company to work with.

DexYP response

Mark - Thank you for choosing DexYP!

Original review: June 16, 2018

We're a garbage service and we've been in business for 68 years. DexYP now provides the service for the phonebook that we have and others should definitely go with them as well.

DexYP response

Hello Jeanne - Thanks for allowing DexYP to work for your business!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Long ago, I heard DexYP has good service. We got their service and it's been excellent so far. They've been working with me very well and helped us out a lot. There's been an increase in traffic in our business that we could accredit to Dex. We're happy and we also have great interactions with their representatives. Give DexYP a try.

DexYP response

Hi Sandy - This is great to hear! Thank you so much for allowing us to work for you!

Original review: June 14, 2018

DexYP is very professional. They know their material and they are accessible. They contact me on a reasonable basis to inform me of how my campaign is going. They're doing everything right. I have referred them to professionals that I do business with.

DexYP response

Hi Robert - This is awesome to hear! And thank you so much for the referrals!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Our company is in the process of downsizing. And during this process increasing my cost of advertising is stupid. The salesman kept telling me what is best for my business by increasing my advertising cost. According to DexYP only got 50 something clicks last year. We are booked up a week in advance for the most part. So apparently my business doesn’t thrive by DexYP. I told the salesman to work this out with the secretary gave her name. And he never once asked for her when he called. People that were in my office when he called laughed at me repeating the same thing over and over. I have been in business for several years and have never dealt with a salesman like that. Not that I wouldn’t advertise but I have no intent on spending more. Then he talks about phone books. I haven’t received one in years. But only AT&T customers will receive a book.

Hi Dorothy -

I'm sorry to know of the outlined issues. I've relayed your concerns to our Client Care Team and they'll be reaching out to you regarding this matter.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I signed up with Thryv about 6 months ago hoping my on-line presence would improve and I would be able to get more customers. Unfortunately, it hasn't made any impact on my business. The other services provided by Thryv don't really pertain to my type of business. I would have been okay with all this except they won't let me out of the contract. I feel conned. I am an unhappy customer who will never work with them or give them a good recommendation.

Hello LuAnn -

I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with Thryv. That's definitely not what we want to hear. We want our clients happy with the production of our products. We'll be reaching out to you soon to address the outlined concerns.

Original review: June 13, 2018

DexYP's representatives have been amazing. And with DexYP, we get a little bit more calls than normal now. I wish it was a little bit higher, but we're slowly getting there. And overall, DexYP has an amazing program for small businesses as well as big businesses.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I've used DexYP for years and thought of it as a yellow page replacement. We have a print directory but as everything is moved to electronics, they're providing more services online for people to find us. I look at DexYP as a necessity of advertising in business. And I know it's not a social media service, but I look at it as another leg of advertising that has to be out there on the internet.

DexYP response

Hi Mike - Yes, the world has transformed into a digital age! We're happy to be here for you. Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 11, 2018

The customer service team at DexYP is very personable and knowledgeable. We reached out to them for Google Ads and online advertising and with their service, I've seen an increase on loans. Their service has been very valuable.

Vickie -

It always pleases us to hear how a business has grown as a result of our services! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to do so!

Thanks,

Ed

Original review: June 10, 2018

I needed somebody to take care of my computer stuff ‘cause I’m not real good at checking it and I don’t know what DexYP is providing since once I told them what I wanted but I haven’t heard back from them. They did this online booking but I don’t have online booking, so I had to say “Hey…” and they took it off right away. It’s done pretty good for me in that I get a lot more customers calling from different areas, but it just seemed strange that nobody got back to me.

DexYP Company Information