2.96/5

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Thryv, Inc. supports more than 400,000 local businesses across the U.S. with small business software Thryv and Thryv Leads. The company’s cutting-edge technologies connect small businesses with their target consumers and help them manage their day-to-day work. The company also provides print and online directories The Real Yellow Pages, including 25 million monthly visitors to yellowpages.com, Superpages.com and DexKnows.com.

Thryv, Inc. helps businesses manage their work easier and get found fast, wherever consumers are searching.

Thryv Video
Thryv Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Thryv Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Thryv reached out to us and has been very valuable. We needed website help and they solicited us as a business. When I talked to Deanna, she came in and met with me several times before I signed anything. When she came in, every time, if she didn’t have any answer for it she got the answer immediately. She picks up her phone and calls someone else for support. And even though I kept pushing her off for months she would come back every time and with a smile on her face. She's very pleasant. Deanna is a great individual all around, and she’s the salesman plus our support.

The biggest thing with Thryv is they created and support our website. We are very thrilled with them and very happy with the services that they have given us. The customer service has always been impeccable. They also have support where it’s basically communication between us and the customer. They can be the middleman and be the ones doing emails and text messages and things like that for our appointments. I would tell others to look into Thryv because it’s great especially if they wanted to start up a new website. They took care of everything for us, the name, the website. I get to keep the website in the event that I lose Thryv. They just stop supporting it. Everything that I am saying, most of it was in black and white, and most of it has been reiterated by other people that I’ve talked to.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Raven was my contact from Thryv and she came over here, gave me a presentation on what Thryv could do for my business, and I decided to give it a try. I had an excellent experience when we were getting everything set up, we were having weekly setups until we got everything going with the website. The main thing I use Thryv for, for the most part, is with the social media and handling the stuff that automatically goes on that. But sometimes with the online competition things, I don’t use it for the payments because of the rate that gets charged. It’s much less when I go through their demo, or they come in and use their cards here at the shop. The main thing is just the convenience of getting everything out there as quickly as possible, and the biggest thing was how fantastic they did on the website.

Working with them has an indefinite impact, because of the fact that we’re staying out in front of my marketing base, people have made comments about some of the stuff that Thryv’s putting in along with the stuff that I have pushed onto my social media platform using Thryv as the pusher when I go onto it and download the picture and push myself a size where they’ve got set up for the month. The business, it’s improved. I was doing it before but it’s made a definite difference.

Thryv response

Hi Ernie, thank you so much for sharing. It sounds like Thryv has really helped you focus on what you need to, and I'm happy to hear that. Thank you for your business, we wish you continued success.

Matt S.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I went with DexKnows back in 2011 when I had a wash window cleaning service, but I closed that business down. I'm now on my third business and I went with Thryv because first time I went with DexKnows, I got about 30 calls and I wound up getting about 19 to 20. I went with DexYP too, but I never got calls. In 2013, more people are looking at phone book. Now, it’s the internet these days. But so far, I've had one scam email from somebody overseas who was supposed to give me the keys to apartment or a house that I'm supposed to go clean. I took it upfront and I went to pay the Realtor too. And I've not receive anything yet. I was trying to see what their endgame was on this. It was too sweet of a deal.

So far, the business is slow. It's the wrong time of the year. I know this area like the back of my hand. People ain't picking up phone books or looking at phone directories. I just got a call 15 minutes ago from a person who wants me to pay $130 a month to put me on 60 directories and all over search engines, and lead finders. I don't do that. I find my own leads. I'm old-fashioned. It's time to get back to the basics, the word-of-mouth and face-to-face. All this technology screws and goes down. When the power grid goes out, everybody is gonna be confused.

I've looked at my coupons and they don't have picture. I don't know how to put them up because I'm doing everything from my mobile phone. I don't have a PC, so the deals I'm offering, I just have a tag there. I don't have a picture. So far, things have always been good. I’ve got three deals going on so I wish they could put a picture. They can dig them out from my website. It’s on Google. If they put a picture with it, it would help me a bit. But I don’t know if they could do that. I’m paying for one phonebook right now and I’m getting one county. It's a big county. It’s got two major cities and it’s got the local airport, the airport that gets to plane the President if he wanted to. I'm a bit late on the payments this month. But so far, anything I’ve asked them to do, they've done. They responded very well.

But the only thing I really got a B-minus for Thryv was the email shows an advertisement. The lady said she bought a house in Bungle, Tennessee and offered to work three days a week. I couldn't meet her. She wants me to take her keys, and pay for a Realtor. I went to the bank and checked it out. I have to be licensed in the state of Tennessee to sell property. And I told her, “I’ll go check this property out.” And I’ve not heard anything back. I’ve not seen the keys yet. So I don’t know if that was a scam.

HomeAdvisor and Charter called me and they were soliciting calls because I have a service number. I’m getting so scared, I've only been making so much a year. If I go $1,100 over, I have to report that because I don't make that much. I've done three gardens in May, I got $120 this year, so next year isn't looking too great. But I’m paying them.

Original review: May 3, 2019

DexYP is one of these things that I do and I just let it roll. I’m so busy doing so many other things so I can’t track back how much we’re getting from that. I have questioned whether or not to stay in the phone book. The online presence is great but other than that, much of our work comes from word of mouth and we receive constant emails and notices about construction projects. So, we do not rely much at all on the YP advertising, other than if a homeowner is looking for some materials and that kind of thing. Our focus is mostly commercial and a lot of that is fed to us through the general contractors. On one of my shelves, I’ve got six different paper phone books and I can’t tell the last time I picked one up. I asked people if they use a phone book and they said no. Nobody uses them anymore. If nobody is looking at it, the question is if I wanna be in there.

The customer service staff are always friendly and very professional. If I have issues, they take care of it. It works and everybody is happy. If it’s not broken, I’m not worried about it. There are other things that are breaking that I gotta pay attention to. It’s like insurance. You wanna be taken care of well while you’ve got it and then when something happens, you wanna be able to look back and say that you’ve got it, which is the same thing with DexYP. When somebody calls and says that they saw us online, that’s great. It’s not very often at all that I can go back and ask how they found us. It’s usually that they found us on our website, which we’re in the process of revamping. Very rarely do I hear that they found us in the phonebook. Nevertheless, DexYP has always been great.

Thryv response

Thank you for your business, Chris, we really do appreciate it.

Matt S.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

As long as we’ve had phone book advertising, we’ve been a client of whoever DexYP was. They've been doing yellow page and digital advertising for us. We communicate with customer service via email which was my choice. They are very responsive and they send me a monthly update. If there is anything else I need, I can reach out or contact them. Many of our services are referral-based, so we don’t really need advertising, but we have it there just as a formality sort of thing.

Once upon a time, we were solely yellow pages but they were very helpful in helping us consolidate our advertising. We are primarily referral-based and we are nonprofit and spending the money on the yellow pages was very costly, so DexYP worked us through a more cost-efficient product. I appreciated that. Plus, they weren’t trying to upsell us. We were very frank with our needs and that was after 20 plus years of very pricey yellow page advertising statewide and multiple ads. We started paying attention and looking into the cost and realizing that it really wasn’t cost-effective for us because we didn’t need advertising per se, but they were very helpful in identifying a product that would work for our needs.

We have a very easy relationship with DexYP. We keep it pretty much the same year to year. Every now and then, they reach out and have a question about some of our services to see if they can augment or just tweak the way the keyword searches however technically it is that works. So, I can tell that there is somebody paying attention to our account and reaching out to us and asking questions. They are working to make sure we are getting the best bang for our buck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I’ve had a website for years and I was with YP.com, which turned into Dex, and now I got hooked up with Thryv. They have good customer service. I had a gentleman who helped me with the problem that I had recently and he did an outstanding job.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

One of Thryv's local reps stopped in on me. He was very knowledgeable. I was looking for assistance with my website and Thryv has been helpful. So far, my experience with them has been good. They have kept in touch with me. Having Thryv has been valuable.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I contracted with DexYP for website design, set, and Google AdWords. Dex posted a phone number I had used with Yodle years before. I didn't notice this until a month after because I have new busy law practice, and because I trusted them. They apologized and gave me a discount. Next, they posted my website with text so teeny tiny, nobody could read it. They apologized and gave me a discount. Then they garbled my website so that no client would ever hire me. They apologized and gave me a discount. This went on for at least six months. Then my account manager told me to "go ** myself." I gave notice that I had enough and was terminating my contract. They are now suing me for $93,000 +. If anyone would like to join a class action lawsuit, I am a lawyer who does just that. Baumgartner Law in Denver. Call me, and let's set these scammers right.

Thryv response

Hi Birk, I am so sorry to hear about this. I have escalated your message to our Executive Care Team who certainly would like to know about what you experienced. Somebody from that team should be reaching out to you within one business day to get more details and try to get this resolved. Thank you for taking the time to detail everything, and again I'm very sorry for your experience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

After I’ve created several tracking phones numbers which allow me to measure and quantify effectiveness of different marketing platforms, I thought it’ll be a good idea to revisit our good old friend Yellow Pages. I haven’t talked to them for ages! They seem to be nice, have a nice book that went obsolete, but they probably do make efforts to keep their legacy going online. So I thought.

Drin – Drin and a rep with a strange name “Roundtree” and last name Ish picks up the phone. Apparently he is a Senior Business Advisor. Our conversation started fairly well. I asked what it would cost for me to use their marketing services and what marketing services they have to offer. Roundtree took down my email and phone number and went on with his standardized marketing speech. He also explained to me that Yellow pages is actually called Thryv now.

The first glitch happened wen I’ve asked him if he could elaborate on marketing channels that they are using. He went about explaining how complex artificial intelligence is gathering data and finding the best channel for me, and on a screen share all I see is a bunch of google adds. WOW! Is that it? I asked if Google is the only channel that they are using. “Well No” he rebutted. Artificial intelligence will find the best channel. I couldn’t get a straight answer from him.

Things took a rather ugly turn when I asked him if I could pay for one month and see if it works. He insisted that I’ve got to sign into 6 month agreement. He dropped the line.

I followed up through an email “Oh. You dropped the line. How unprofessional. You know I did think about investing into Yellow pages when time would be right, but now I will probably do a You-Tube video to talk about how Yellow Pages and Thryv is "partnering" up with google because their marketing platforms are nearly dead and they have to market with google because they are not generating any traffic or authority themselves. After you dropped the line I went to look at reviews. They are stunning: https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/yellowpages.ca." Almost instantly he replied with “LOL” and another email few minutes after “Oh” So. Question is. Would you trust a company like that?

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to detail this. I'm sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for, would you like to speak with somebody else? We want to be sure to answer your questions completely. I'm going to send your message to our Executive Care Team, I'm sure they will want to know more about this interaction.

The link that you list for reviews is for a company that we are not associated with, that is for Yellowpages Canada. You may want to reach out to them directly to address the reviews.

Again, I'm sorry for your bad experience, I hope you'll allow us an opportunity to make it right.

Best,

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

A guy from Thryv called me. I was looking to get my web and internet presence better. It was out of whack and not even correct. And they did all of that, and then, they had other services too, which are good, but I never had time to fool with or even learn it. I'm semi-satisfied with Thryv. The local guy did try to help me, and we did some little tutorial things and a few things. But we were gonna do more, but I don't have time. And I’m 66 years old, so if I have trouble with my phone. I have to hand it to a grandchild for them to fix it.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and thank you for your business. We're here to help, so if there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you very much.

Thryv Company Information