toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Dex Media

Hi Nicole - We're happy to hear how satisfied you are with our services. We are here for you, and will continue to help you reach your goals when it comes to marketing your business. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

We were looking for somebody who can help us with our website because we're not computer savvy. We needed somebody to help create it and work it for us. We went to Dex Media for their services and their customer service have always been friendly, courteous and very helpful. Dex Media has added a lot of value to our company. They've set up a website with photos, schedules and pricing and they did the layout as well. There are a lot of people that use websites to search for studios. Setting up a website is obviously working for us.

Dex Media

Hi Shelly - We apologize for the confusion surrounding your account and billing, and any inconvenience this matter has caused you. Client Care has been notified and will be reaching out to you as soon as possible to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

For the second month in a row, my bank account has been charged $775 on a contract that ended in October. I have a very small seasonal business and this has made it impossible to meet my responsibilities for the past two months. It has put a serious strain on my finances and has hurt my reputation with my legitimate creditors. Furthermore, in the months of July and August, during my contract, I was charged double the amount of my set limit. My experience with Dex Media has been both terrifying and damaging. I have serious concerns about the competence of ANYONE that is employed with Dex Media from top to bottom.

Dex Media

Hi Leslie - I'm happy to know that Jason in our Client Care Dept was able to speak with you regarding all concerns, and worked to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. My apologies again for any inconvenience this matter caused, and thank you so much for allowing us to assist you! - Ed

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I wish I had read these reviews about Dex Media before I signed up with them. I am having the same experience as a lot of these reviewers. I signed up for what I thought was a year of advertising. There are three phone books here and I can ill afford all three but I thought I'd do it for one year. Well, I didn't read the teeny tiny print in the contract that apparently says they can renew automatically. I was not told anything about this by the salesman, nor have I ever received a letter stating that I need to actively cancel.

I assumed it was like every other yellow pages I have ever signed up for in my entire life, for one year and then you review and renew if you wish to. In all the conversations about billing they informed us we owed something like under $400 but never ever mentioned the contract would be renewed. I am so angry. On top of everything else, this advertising has done NIL for me - NOTHING. I cannot identify one dime that has come in because of this or any other yellow pages advertising.

I am upset, pissed off, feel that this should have been openly disclosed, as it is not standard in the industry, in my experience. It is more like an underhanded way for this company to keep customers, in my opinion, but in this day and age of available reviewing, I cannot imagine it will serve them well in the long run. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, I REGRET THE DAY THEIR SALESMAN WALKED IN MY DOOR. It has cost me money I could not afford for absolutely nothing and presented a situation where I now have to apparently actively go through holy living hell to cancel the rest of the advertising.

Dex Media

Hello Michelle - Client satisfaction and customer service mean everything to us here at Dex Media, and it saddens me to know that we failed you in those areas. We have a presence on this platform so that we can be the safety net when issues or concerns slip through. I will ensure that we look over your account performance, outlined issues, and promptly reach out to you in an effort to address and resolve all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I have been with Dex for many years now. Dex has gone completely downhill! My new representative lied and argued with me. I have never met a person so unprofessional. I asked to speak to his supervisor several times and he gives me Dex's 800 number. I am paying for advertising and I cannot find my business anywhere online but they keep sending me a bill. I have called the 800 number for Dex numerous times and each person tells me they will check into the problem but no one ever calls me back. They had a phone number listed for me that I disconnected in October 2016.

When my new rep came to my home he was extremely pushy. I told him I was disconnecting my office number and to just put my cell phone number in my advertising, he said okay. Well he put my disconnected number down. He also started my new advertising while my old advertising was still going. This amounted to more than $800 in double billing. I tried to clear this mistake up with my rep. but he argued with me! I called Dex Media many times and each time they tell me "yes I see a problem" then they tell me they'll have to research it more and then they never call me back. I spent many and I mean many hours on the phone trying to clear this up.

I finally got my double billing cleared up by a lady that works for Dex and I am thankful for that BUT I called today because I can't find myself anywhere online and the person today told me they will put in a case number because on a listing they still have my disconnected number listed. I signed up for more areas online to advertise in and guess what... my listing is nowhere to be found. The lady today told me I'm on Yellow Pages. (yp.com) I found my listing there but guess what... it was my listing I signed up with Yellow Pages years ago. My advice is to go to yp.com, yelp.com and do it yourself. I am a widow and while grieving I have had to put up with all this bs from Dex. I am so disgusted and will never advertise with them again. Now I am going to look up other sites to publicly complain about Dex since they will not help me at all!!!

Dex Media

Good morning, Mark - My apologies for the disappointment outlined regarding your account. Client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us here at Dex Media. Please expect a call from our Client Care team regarding your concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Disappointed. I thought that Dex Media was monitoring my online presence. Interesting to discover that there are wrong phone numbers for all 3 locations on both YP online and Bing. Paying over $800 for what? I don't know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dex Media?

Dex Media

Hi Ben - Please accept my apology for the frustration outlined regarding your account. Our client care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

After having an account with Dex Media for a couple of years, they tripled my bill from $22.55 a month to $63.75. I asked to hear suppose phone call of me agreeing to them for this, but waiting another 15 minutes for recording to no avail would someone get back to me. Do not trust these people, for they will screw you without any remorse.

I needed some advertisements and Dex Media dealt locally so I chose them. The few times I had to use it, they were very positive. They were able to answer all the questions that I had and it was reasonably easy to get in touch with them. They’ve been very helpful but I’m on a downswing in my business right now so I’m going to relinquish all advertisements for 2017. I probably won’t be using them after this year because I'm getting close to retirement so I'm going to stop doing advertisements. Overall, I had a real positive experience with them. They're top-notch and I'm very pleased.

Dex Media has been valuable to our company and we're satisfied with their services.

Dex Media

Hello Chris - I hate to know that we've lost you as a valued client. Customer service means the world to us and I can't apologize enough that we failed you in this aspect. Your concerns have been escalated and we'll be in contact with you as soon as possible regarding this matter. Thank you, Ed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

!!!NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH DEX MEDIA!!! Advertising is a tricky battle, you're paying for something and have nothing to show up front for it. It's a total risk. But a risk worth taking. I advertised with DEX media, first year was great. My website moved through the ranks, customer service was great. Once my contact left, so did everything besides me paying $600 a month. I go 2-3-4 weeks with out replies from emails, countless calls go unanswered. But that bill keeps coming! My website had zero movement for 6 months!!! I had to call and request a meeting to make changes, obviously something wasn't working. Had the meeting, was promised an email with changes within 24 business hours, that was 3 months ago. Still haven't heard anything.

Attempted to cancel and was under contract until march, but knew if I fulfilled 6 months I could get out. So about 30 emails later. I got cancellation emails. Got a lovely bill yesterday for $495. Sent emails yesterday. Haven't heard back and probably won't. So called customer service and they said they were only partially canceled. They got them canceled and I have emails with full cancellation confirmations. With all of that said. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH DEX MEDIA!!

When I got my phone service, Dex Media came along with it and I started getting bills from them. It's a valuable service for our company and I've been satisfied.

Dex Media was very eager to make sure that I am happy and that I understand my billing and everything was the way it was supposed to be. I had no issues other than my billing was a disaster but they called me on that and we got that fixed. They worked with me and got my problems resolved. All in all, it's been a very positive experience.

I've been with Dex Media ever since the company has started. They reached out to us and we have long distance and telephone with them. Whenever I need something and call them, they’re always very good about it. It’s been fine so far and I hadn’t had any problem with them. I have it in a couple of different places so it’s very good.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Dex Media

Hello Robert - I can definitely see how the described situation was very frustrating for you, and for that, I greatly apologize on behalf of Dex Media. Be assured that we'll look into your account and reach out to you in an effort to address all concerns and attempt to work toward a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We recently decided to close out our phone and online advertising with Dex Media after many years of dealing with them and, prior, with RR Donnelley. The reason for closing the advertising is I am preparing to retire and do not want any more new clients -- wish to continue on serving existing clients only. A letter we received from Dex Media stated they attempted to contact us about renewing, but we didn't respond. Quite the opposite was true. Every time the rep called, I was in the middle of an appointment and asked that she call me back -- never did in the time frame I asked for.

Well, I called Dex the morning of November 30 and cancelled our advertising or so I was told. When the monthly statements continued, my wife called to find out why we were still being billed and was told that we never cancelled and we were contracted to continue for the remainder of 2017! I then contacted Dex's Dispute Resolution Dept., spoke to Sandy and was told they had no record of any call from our office phone number regarding any cancellation. She offered to give us a 25% monthly discount, but also stated she would ask her supervisor to look into this issue as well.

Several days later, Sandy called back to inform us that her supervisor could not find a recording of our call (how convenient!) and made no further mention of the 25% discount. I have a clear memory of my phone conversation and notes on when the original call to cancel took place, but did not get the Dex representative's name nor her extension. I feel we were "hung out to dry" and also feel the 25% discount to settle this dispute falls far short of being a fair way to settle this disagreement. I wish to completely terminate our company's relationship with Dex and end the billings as we never did authorize renewal of this advertising campaign, and DID attempt to terminate our contract as per Dex instructions in their November 17, 2016 letter from Alaina **.

Dex Media

Ann - Thank you for allowing us to help your business grow!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We put our ad in Dex Media's phone book and our experience with them has been fine. Each of the representatives who comes out has been really good. Dex Media has been professional and I would recommend them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Dex Media

Nicholas - I hate to hear that you've decided to cancel your account with us, and wish there was something we could do to retain you as a valued client. I apologize for the ongoing matter regarding the refund request outlined. We will look into this matter and ensure a prompt follow up call and resolution. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I own a restaurant and advertised with them for years but their mentality is pre-internet and their results average at best. I canceled and I have been trying to get a refund owed to me since April of 2016. It is not a big one, just 127 dollars but it's mine not theirs. I have lodged three different refund requests and got three different "confirmation numbers" and nothing yet. I just finished requesting it again, JANUARY OF 2017, and I had to endure the call center operator who barely speaks English and has no idea except a script to read from. Now I have to wait another 2-4 weeks pending "approval" (again) of my refund). Meanwhile they keep sending me my statement with refund stated in it and pretend it does not exist. Absolutely a crappy company.

Dex Media

Hi Mari - Please accept my apologies for the experiences outlined regarding billing and customer service expectations not being met. We take customer service very seriously here at Dex and will ensure that a thorough follow up is done to address where we failed you. Please expect a call from our Client Care team as they will work with you to address all concerns at length. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

We have been attempting to deal with an issue regarding our advertising bill since April of 2016. They arbitrarily renewed our subscription without our review and somehow we wound up with internet advertising we didn't order. During numerous phone calls since April of last year we have been informed by a robotic voice that a customer service representative would be with us shortly and then have been left on hold for well over an hour and have finally given up, however the ONE time I did get hold of a real human being, I was assured that the online advertising had been removed and we didn't have to pay it any longer.

My new bill still shows that charge and now I can't get through again. Online "Live chat" gives no help and last time I tried that I was disconnected several times because "no operators were available". Our numerous emails have never EVER been answered even though their automated reply says someone would respond to that email within 48 hours. This company is a complete travesty of customer service! They threaten all sorts of things if you don't pay your bill but won't talk with you if there is a problem.

Dex Media

Good morning, Annette - I'm sorry to hear of the issues surrounding your account and the lack of follow up after your attempts to reach out for assistance. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us here at Dex Media. Our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Advertising/Web Production - Please have someone in Customer Care be in touch and STAY in touch by TELEPHONE to complete/resolve this 2015 issue. Been a Verizon YPage customer since business inception,1992 and then the spiral down began as the division was sold. Spun off to few companies ending with Dex Media! My reps have promised a lot and "helped" upfront, now to the results. In 2015 Ad/web campaign I was talked into them taking over and creating me a new website, which was Never properly created, installed or given me the results they stated -- because they have an "inside track" to the NEW Google guidelines. This was tied to my YP ad too! I have Detailed records of phone calls --including 3 MAJOR dropped calls with NO follow-up.

They have the BEST collection company (Allied Consultants) who outside of their phone system, are courteous, knowledgeable, informative -- it was through them I did pay this year’s bill -- CLEARLY stating it was Not FOR THE DISPUTED 2015 CAMPAIGN. I have paid my 2016/17 advertising IN FULL yet they are not showing that and continue to bill me. I hope a senior Customer SVC will call me and be able to continue and follow through. Thanks.

Dex Media

Conchita - We certainly hate to lose you as a valued client. Thank you so much for allowing us to help your business.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

The customer service at Dex Media is okay. When I called, they were very professional and helpful. Dex Media’s service has been very well for our company, but I have to cancel it because we don’t need it any more. We only did when we started.

We had Dex Media for advertisement in the telephone book or on the internet, and it seems to be working. I've been satisfied with their service and the result for the advertising. I recommend it!

Dex Media

Hi Lori - I am sorry to hear of the billing issues encountered surrounding your account and any inconveniences caused as a result. This matter has been escalated and our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

Our company had been paying the Dex bills via direct deduction from the firm credit card. Starting in November 2015 April 2016, Dex kept changing account numbers (4 accounts) without notifying us, and then incorrectly charging the credit card. They "forgot" to process payments on one account entirely for 6 months. Then just deducted the full amount. Again, without contacting us. And despite numerous long, long, long conversations with their "customer service" (HA) and the account rep. So we canceled three accounts and are finishing up the last one. We switched to paper billing to prevent more incorrect and unauthorized charges on the credit card. So the paper bill ALWAYS comes either after the due date or less than a week before. So a bill dated December 18 arrives January 2, with a due date of January 7. They absolutely don't care. Stay away!!!

Dex Media

Hi Bill - We're happy to know how satisfied you are with our services. We did have some billing issues as a result of system changes, and I greatly apologize for any inconveniences caused. Those issues are resolved. Thank you for being a valued dex media client!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

We’re very happy with the service we got on the internet whenever we have a problem or we want to make any changes. Their website is extremely useful to us but the yellow pages is not a big thing for us anymore. Dex has been the only company that I had a problem with my invoicing. I try to make my payments three days before the due date and it seems to be getting messed up all the time. Then a few days later I get an invoice saying that it had been paid.

Dex Media

Hi Lisa - Hope your holidays are going great! I'm sorry to hear of the matter outlined and will be happy to follow up. Please expect a call by our Client Care team to address all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Dex has been horrible to deal with. I was a customer of theirs for several years. I knew in advance that I would be terminating my franchise business and in turn notified Dex Media many times. My franchise agreement was to port the number to the corporate office which I did. I no longer own the business, advertise or gain profits yet Dex is holding me responsible for a number I do not even own anymore. They are insistent and will not work with me, nor discontinue the service. Stay away! Find a company who is business friendly!

Dex Media

Hi - My apologies for the issues outlined and any inconveniences as a result of this matter. Our Client Care team will be reaching out to you in an effort to address and resolve this matter. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I called to check on my cancellation when I received a bill. I wrote the letter of cancellation, wrote it on the final bill, wrote it on the check. They said they have no record of it. They did cash the check. I asked to talk to a supervisor and they said there is none. I asked for the phone numbers of the other departments and they said there are none. They said it would go to collections but they didn't know who they were. Now they say I owe another year because it's too late and went to print. Never ever, ever do business with Dex. Poorly run company going downhill and trying to gather enough cash to float along.

Dex Media

Good afternoon, Justin - I would like to apologize for the issues outlined and the inconveniences experienced as a result. This is definitely not the type of encounter we want any of our valued clients to have. Be assured that we will look into this matter and reach out to you as soon as possible to address and resolve. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Where do I even begin? There is so much wrong with this company. First of all my campaign manager told me verbally that I was signing a contract that I could cancel with a termination fee. That the money I was paying up front was going to compensate if I decided to cancel. Completely not true. He denies that. I was basically pulled into something and mislead. I contacted my campaign manager and he's telling me that he has no control over contract disputes and billing disputes. I call the call center and they say I need to contact my campaign manager. I then contact my campaign manager and he sends me back to the call center. The call center says my campaign manager has ability to modify contract agreements. I call him up and he says he has no control over that. I contact the area manager Troy ** and guess what? The line is disconnected. This company's campaign has brought ZERO RESULTS! AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I called the call center and they say that have a request of cancellation of contract on 12/16/16. Now there is an UNAUTHORIZED payment being processed on my account on 12/16/16. Payment is not authorized to go through until the 21st or the 22nd. I already made my payment for the month that was due on 12/13/16. I have PAID IN FULL.

This company is a scam and I was mislead. I have already told many people to AVOID THIS COMPANY. They are terrible and scam. Now they are trying to milk all the money out of me and start billing me early, which is unauthorized. AVOID this company at all costs. They make it impossible to get out of contracts and they will continue to bill you unauthorized. I made my payments and now I'm seeing a payment go through on my account that I didn't authorize. Also, I requested that I get written notice of my account term not being renewed and that gets absolutely nowhere. The salesman wants to give me the runaround of that - I should keep going and try it more and on and on.

Dex Media

Hi Michelle - I would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused as a result of the outlined matter. Our Client Care team will promptly reach out to you in an effort to resolve all concerns. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I cannot tell you how frustrated I am and how many dollars I have lost because I cannot get a call back from Dex Media. I have been trying to change things in my contract for 3 months and keep getting the runaround. So many emails unanswered.

Automatic renewal policy - Previously, I submitted a review of this company, who puts out the phonebook in my area. Dex Media has since negotiated a solution to my problem. I am satisfied and impressed that they responded so quickly and straight from the top. Thank you!

Dex Media

Hi Shannon - It's great to know that we're getting it right! Thank you so much for choosing dex media and for taking the time to share your feedback. - Ed

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Dex Media registers a lot of the phone books in the area and we have slowly increased our services with them because we've had good experiences. They manage our SEO campaign, so we are getting good hits on our internet searches and keeping good communication with working where were ranking in search engine level. We wanted to redesign our website and opted to switch it over to them because we weren't happy with the designer we currently have and it would streamline things. They're always available when I email and respond to me right away. They take care of problems that I'm having, which is not what I was getting before when I was working with the other company.

Dex Media

Carol - Thank you for being a valued client! Your feedback is very much appreciated! - Ed

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Our stuff is in the white and yellow pages of the phone book. When Dex Media reached out to us, we figure it'd help reach more people. Our experience with their customer service team has been very positive and we don't have any complaints.

Dex Media

Hi Marta - Thank you for being a valued client and for taking the time to share your dex media experience with others!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

We have been with Dex Media for many years which started when we were doing an ad in a local phonebook. Our experience with their customer service team has been fine and we would recommend them to others.

Dex Media

Hi - I'm sorry to hear of your frustration regarding your account. Our Client Care team will reach out to you in an effort to work toward a resolution. Thank you, Ed!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

We decided not to renew our yellow pages advertising with Dex Media. We received a letter from our new agent in Oct., which I ignored since we were not going with them... until Dec. 1. The letter states automatic renewal goes into effect after the due date. My new agent never called me, made no contact throughout the year. I call today, he says there is no getting out of this. I say it is illegal since I did not sign a contract for this year. He says to read the terms and conditions. I will send the letter that the company demands, to stop all advertising, even if it is after the deadline. I am not going to pay.

Dex Media Company Profile