Call toll free
2.65/5

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Thryv, Inc. supports more than 400,000 local businesses across the U.S. with small business software Thryv and Thryv Leads. The company’s cutting-edge technologies connect small businesses with their target consumers and help them manage their day-to-day work. The company also provides print and online directories The Real Yellow Pages, including 25 million monthly visitors to yellowpages.com, Superpages.com and DexKnows.com.

Thryv, Inc. helps businesses manage their work easier and get found fast, wherever consumers are searching.

Thryv Video
Thryv Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1170 Thryv Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 20, 2019

I signed up for DexYP on 2/26/2019. The sales rep told me if they did not get me more customers I could cancel at any time. They charged me cc and I never heard from them again until March 19, when after several emails I finally received a response. No one ever sent me my "welcome info" with my MYDEXYP web access or account information until March 19 at nearly a month. Yet they were still charging me. I received zero customers from them and only I believe 4 leads in the next two months.

I sent an online message to cancel and received a response on April 30, 2019, saying they were sorry they were losing me as a customer and someone would be contacting me. Well someone did contact me and refused to cancel my account. After several minutes of arguing and being placed on hold, they told me they would cancel my account. They still charged my card for May. I disputed it with my CC company. Then just this week (July 20) I receive a bill from them again for my monthly charge! Now keep in mind I did not get a bill for June. They also told me CC that I was still a customer so the charge was not removed from my CC for May (I am still disputing this, sent them more information today).

I noticed from a review here on June 19, 2019, that another individual has had the same experience as me in not being able to cancel the account after being told it was cancelled! This company scams small businesses and thinks they can get away with it because they have more capital. Reporting to my state AG next and talking to a lawyer about a class action suit so if you have had bad experiences with this company please contact me or post on here.

Thryv response

Hi Matthew, thank you for taking the time to detail this. I'm sorry for your experience! I have sent your message to our Executive Care Team, they should be reaching out to you shortly to help figure this out.

Matt S.

Original review: June 28, 2019

All the people I have talked with at DexYP have been fine, polite and knowledgeable. Plus, I’ve gotten numerous calls because of being in the yellow pages so DexYP has been valuable to me. I was searching for the display ad and the cost has been reasonable for the service. So, I plan to speak with them.

Thryv response

Hi Diane, I'm happy to hear that DexYP is working out so well for you. Thank you for sharing!

Matt S.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We have been with Dex Media at least 15 years. They were fine when just a paper publication but they are incapable of getting our online information correct and really don't want to work with small businesses in terms of getting traffic to our website and business volume to increase. By doing our own social media and Google search information updates we have been able to do 10X better than DEX. Nice knowing you Dex.

Thryv response

Hi Steve, I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet expectations for you. I have sent your message to our Executive Care team, they will reach out to you in the next day or so to discuss and find out how we could have done better. Thank you for taking the time to share about this.

Matt S.

Original review: June 25, 2019

DexYP reached out to us on the advertising for the Yellow Pages. They satisfied what we were looking for, and so our experience was okay. DexYP’s service has been okay. People are able to find us online.

Thryv response

Hi Robin, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are happy to hear that DexYP is working out so well for you!

Matt S.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Originally, when the phone book came out, we were in the white pages and they DexYP called us about the yellow pages. Their yellow pages work too well and we get all sorts of phone calls from people that we can't accommodate because we don't do residential work. We try to list just minimal so that our phone number's in there and it works too good. But with the kind of work we do, it isn't the kind of thing we need.

Other than that, I have no problem with their customer service. It's their competitors that I have issues with. They come in pretending to be Dex Media and I tell them they're not. Just an hour ago, someone called and asked if we still wanna advertise with them. And I told her that I haven't advertised with them before. Then she said she'd send me a confirmation that I didn't wanna do business with them, but she'd include the bill for last year's services. But I told her that I didn't order last year's services and I didn't even know what she was talking about.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: June 21, 2019

DexYP lowered our credit limit and we needed to put it back up to where it was. Working with their reps went okay and they were very professional and courteous about the process. We worked with them for our phone pages and I've been very satisfied thus far.

Thryv response

Hi Wanda, thank you for sharing your experience, I'm so glad we were able to get things working for you the way you wanted. Thank you for your business.

Matt S.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Having DexYP has been great. We have an ad through them and people have called us from that. There are some people that don’t do the internet and still do old school. I’ve gotten quite a few jobs from them. I love DexYP.

Thryv response

Hi Melanie, thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience! We're thrilled that you are happy with what we have been able to do for your business.

Original review: June 19, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! To start the signup process was easy but that was the only good part about the company. After being with them almost a year I did not receive one lead for my business. Not to mention I tried to contact them numerous times and it took a long to hear back, if I ever did at all. My “account manager” consistently changed and always had to call me back. So after being with them almost a year I ended up closing my business so I called to cancel my membership. I was told I could if the business closed. After sending in all my paperwork I was advised that I was “approved”. Three months later I start getting calls from their collections department saying I owed them money. After explaining I was already approved to have the membership cancelled, I was told they did care what I was told and that I was now denied. Terrible company, terrible customer service and was overall a huge headache and waste of money.

Hello Steve,

I'm very sorry to hear about this, I have escalated your message to our Executive Care Team, you should hear from them within one business day to help resolve it. Thank you very much.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We signed up for Dex Media in 2016 with 2 different businesses and the promise to get better social media traffic and website traffic. They provided about 50% of what they said they would! Yet we still patiently waited out the 2 YEAR CONTRACT we signed to end because we couldn't micromanage what they were doing. Well 2 years came around and of course we try to cancel and we get little or NO response from several people of the company we were passed around to. THEN I finally get to someone who I think will take a good look at our account and what I was saying and it was THEN they pull out a contract a sales rep signed a year ago on behalf of the company and told me they were "authorized" to sign this OTHER contract that we had NO IDEA even existed!!! Why they chose to send someone to just show up to our building and find the first person they see and say "hey you need to sign this" is BEYOND BELIEF!

What kind of a business is this? Not to mention WHY was another contract necessary when we were already under one??? I mean what in the world are these guys pulling, and of course they are hanging their hat on the contract the REAL AUTHORIZED signer (ME) knows NOTHING ABOUT! I'm HUGELY UPSET as you can tell from my review! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. You WON'T get what you pay for and they use tactics to get signatures on contracts that are not valid and purse you for collections on them!!! BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!

Thryv response

Hi Brooke, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. I have escalated your message to our Executive Care Team, you should be hearing from them within one business day to help get this resolved. Thank you very much.

Original review: June 19, 2019

It took me 6 months working direct with the account rep to sign up. I had a horrible experience with Yelp, and had had success doing both Yelp, Google, and my website on my own. The rep was diligent about contacting me when (sometimes too diligent) we were going through discussions. My 2 reasons for waiting so long was wanting to see the value in money I would be spending and ensuring contact after signing up. Well, not only is the rep mostly not available now, I see no value in my monthly premium for several reasons. 1, and most importantly, I clearly and directly told him I only wanted the city and state listed online (I stated to mirror my Yelp/Google info) as this is a home business. Not only did he list my physical address right down to Google maps showing a picture of my home, there was a dummy address also plugged in there as well.

Furthermore my telephone number had the same issue, both my number and a dummy number. So not only did I lose clients (3 verified), I have had several people knock on my door. Now, not only is this a safety issue for me, I have 2 grandchildren who were present at the times. I have reached out to my rep only to be told he will have his team escalate this for resolution. That has not happened, and as of 10 minutes ago I've made my 3rd call directly to Dex to resolve this issue. I was told the same thing as the previous 2 reps that I would see the fix and not to worry. I beg to differ.

So not only has signing up with Dex made it more challenging for customers to contact me via phone, I now have people I don't know coming to my home (or bless the folks at the 2nd listed incorrect address), we has to tell our kids that until this is resolved the grandkids shouldn't be over to our home out of safety concerns. I am baffled to say the least. If I don't see the issues corrected in 3 days (rep said it takes that long), I will be cancelling my services with Dex and looking at further legal avenues thereafter. Shame on you Dex.

Thryv response

Hi Shannon, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you have been experiencing, especially as it is related to privacy. I have forwarded your message to our Customer Care team, they will reach out to you shortly to help make this right.

Thryv Company Information