2.51/5

Yellow Pages / Dex Media

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Thryv, Inc. supports more than 400,000 local businesses across the U.S. with small business software Thryv and Thryv Leads. The company’s cutting-edge technologies connect small businesses with their target consumers and help them manage their day-to-day work. The company also provides print and online directories The Real Yellow Pages, including 25 million monthly visitors to yellowpages.com, Superpages.com and DexKnows.com.

Thryv, Inc. helps businesses manage their work easier and get found fast, wherever consumers are searching.

Thryv Video
Thryv Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Thryv Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 21, 2019

DexYP lowered our credit limit and we needed to put it back up to where it was. Working with their reps went okay and they were very professional and courteous about the process. We worked with them for our phone pages and I've been very satisfied thus far.

Thryv response

Hi Wanda, thank you for sharing your experience, I'm so glad we were able to get things working for you the way you wanted. Thank you for your business.

Matt S.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Having DexYP has been great. We have an ad through them and people have called us from that. There are some people that don’t do the internet and still do old school. I’ve gotten quite a few jobs from them. I love DexYP.

Thryv response

Hi Melanie, thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience! We're thrilled that you are happy with what we have been able to do for your business.

Original review: June 19, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! To start the signup process was easy but that was the only good part about the company. After being with them almost a year I did not receive one lead for my business. Not to mention I tried to contact them numerous times and it took a long to hear back, if I ever did at all. My “account manager” consistently changed and always had to call me back. So after being with them almost a year I ended up closing my business so I called to cancel my membership. I was told I could if the business closed. After sending in all my paperwork I was advised that I was “approved”. Three months later I start getting calls from their collections department saying I owed them money. After explaining I was already approved to have the membership cancelled, I was told they did care what I was told and that I was now denied. Terrible company, terrible customer service and was overall a huge headache and waste of money.

Hello Steve,

I'm very sorry to hear about this, I have escalated your message to our Executive Care Team, you should hear from them within one business day to help resolve it. Thank you very much.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We signed up for Dex Media in 2016 with 2 different businesses and the promise to get better social media traffic and website traffic. They provided about 50% of what they said they would! Yet we still patiently waited out the 2 YEAR CONTRACT we signed to end because we couldn't micromanage what they were doing. Well 2 years came around and of course we try to cancel and we get little or NO response from several people of the company we were passed around to. THEN I finally get to someone who I think will take a good look at our account and what I was saying and it was THEN they pull out a contract a sales rep signed a year ago on behalf of the company and told me they were "authorized" to sign this OTHER contract that we had NO IDEA even existed!!! Why they chose to send someone to just show up to our building and find the first person they see and say "hey you need to sign this" is BEYOND BELIEF!

What kind of a business is this? Not to mention WHY was another contract necessary when we were already under one??? I mean what in the world are these guys pulling, and of course they are hanging their hat on the contract the REAL AUTHORIZED signer (ME) knows NOTHING ABOUT! I'm HUGELY UPSET as you can tell from my review! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. You WON'T get what you pay for and they use tactics to get signatures on contracts that are not valid and purse you for collections on them!!! BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!

Thryv response

Hi Brooke, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. I have escalated your message to our Executive Care Team, you should be hearing from them within one business day to help get this resolved. Thank you very much.

Original review: June 19, 2019

It took me 6 months working direct with the account rep to sign up. I had a horrible experience with Yelp, and had had success doing both Yelp, Google, and my website on my own. The rep was diligent about contacting me when (sometimes too diligent) we were going through discussions. My 2 reasons for waiting so long was wanting to see the value in money I would be spending and ensuring contact after signing up. Well, not only is the rep mostly not available now, I see no value in my monthly premium for several reasons. 1, and most importantly, I clearly and directly told him I only wanted the city and state listed online (I stated to mirror my Yelp/Google info) as this is a home business. Not only did he list my physical address right down to Google maps showing a picture of my home, there was a dummy address also plugged in there as well.

Furthermore my telephone number had the same issue, both my number and a dummy number. So not only did I lose clients (3 verified), I have had several people knock on my door. Now, not only is this a safety issue for me, I have 2 grandchildren who were present at the times. I have reached out to my rep only to be told he will have his team escalate this for resolution. That has not happened, and as of 10 minutes ago I've made my 3rd call directly to Dex to resolve this issue. I was told the same thing as the previous 2 reps that I would see the fix and not to worry. I beg to differ.

So not only has signing up with Dex made it more challenging for customers to contact me via phone, I now have people I don't know coming to my home (or bless the folks at the 2nd listed incorrect address), we has to tell our kids that until this is resolved the grandkids shouldn't be over to our home out of safety concerns. I am baffled to say the least. If I don't see the issues corrected in 3 days (rep said it takes that long), I will be cancelling my services with Dex and looking at further legal avenues thereafter. Shame on you Dex.

Thryv response

Hi Shannon, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you have been experiencing, especially as it is related to privacy. I have forwarded your message to our Customer Care team, they will reach out to you shortly to help make this right.

Matt S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thryv?

Original review: June 19, 2019

DexYP's service has been professional. We have them for an ad in the phonebook and they have a search thing.

Thryv response

Hi Kim, thank you very much for sharing your experience, I'm so glad DexYP is working so well for you!

Matt S.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We use DexYP as our web provider and the service has been great. The first year, we did some banner ads with them. We didn’t have the money for it again, so we just use them for the website. The customer service at DexYP has been good. We had an issue with our website and they were able to help me right away.

Thryv response

Hi Erin, thanks for sharing, I am very glad to hear that things are working out well for you. Thank you for your continued business, and please let us know if there is ever anything we can help with.

Matt S.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I filled out the form on the Yellow Pages website and was called every day thereafter by sales reps trying to sell me YP products. I was told by one of salespeople my free listing would only show for customers searching with a GPS signal that was within a 1-mile radius of my business address. What good is that? I searched and was not listed at all as far as I could tell. I recently performed a google search and a listing link comes up but the listing itself shows "no results found" where my business info should be. Now I'm screwed. I have a YP Google search listing link that is a total dead end. Worst advertising experience of my life.

Thryv response

Hi Warren, I am very sorry to hear this. I've escalated your message to our Executive Care Team, they will reach out to you within one business day to help.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I signed up for DexYP advertising a couple of years ago for my business, ARK Reverse Mortgage. I thought it would be a good boost to my sales. I signed up for a 1 year contract but the sales results were underwhelming. I called in to cancel my contract after a year and they said that I have to cancel 1 year in advance. So, in essence, I would have had to cancel the day I signed up to be able to cancel my 1 year contract. 1 year later... I paid in full to that year contract, but now they want me to have me pay for another year and with a lot of penalties and an aggressive collection letter without any supporting documents. They are sending these collection letters to the wrong address. These contracts and sales tactics are extremely deceptive and recommend you look elsewhere for your advertising needs. I have found DexYP has a reputation for doing this and a very aggressive collection without any validation.

Thryv response

Hi Robert, I'm very sorry to hear this, we certainly don't want you to be unhappy with the service or billing you received. I have escalated this to our Executive Care Team, they should be in touch with you shortly to get it worked out. Thank you, and again, I'm sorry for your experience.

Original review: June 10, 2019

DexYP came to us and I liked their rep. Their service was affordable too so we went with them. They have their own section on the internet. If people were to Google Volvo Repair in Richmond, Virginia, we come up usually one or two. They also have a revolving ad that puts us at the top on a regular basis. However, they kept messing up the automatic withdrawal for us. We're paying bills but then they say that I have late fees. It's smoothened out now and the customer service reps who helped were nice.

Thryv response

Hi Sean, thank you for sharing your experience, and I'm so glad that our services are working out well for you.

Thryv Company Information