Call toll free
4.81/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has been providing top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services for over 12 years. Abby is well-known for its flexible call handling, and dedicated reception teams that are used by small to medium-sized businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

All calls are answered by a friendly receptionist Monday-Friday at your local time. After hours answering services are also available. Plans begin at $249/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial.

Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

219 Abby Connect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was trying a few live answering companies that I found on Google. I had tried a few for a few days, but I didn’t like them. Then, I tried Abby and their service is a little more personal. Abby assigned a few people who would get to know the business and answer my calls. The other ones had a call center with hundreds of people wherein it would be a different person answering each time. And so, the people were just sort of caught off guard and didn’t know how to pronounce my name nor answer questions about my business.

I have the extended answering hours service with Abby. So far, partnering with them has been more professional. I have peace of mind knowing that when I can’t answer the phone, somebody will. I also listen to the recording sometimes and the people are really friendly to the callers. However, I set my status as one thing and they don’t always read what my status is. But other than that, it’s really good and I’m really glad to have them on board. Everybody’s really nice.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I had a different live answering company before and Abby is far better, not even close. We use the reception function for call screening, and now when somebody calls me, they’re greeted by somebody who’s nice, pleasant and confident. I didn’t have that before. If any issues come up, they get right on it and fix it immediately. I'm very happy with the service and I’d recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We use Abby Connect as virtual receptionist and I'm very pleased with their service. It has positively impacted our business. But regardless of the amount of business it affects, it just is a helpful service. It makes us seem more professional when we actually have somebody answering the phones on our behalf. Every person we've worked with at Abby Connect has been professional and respectful as well. It's been great.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I originally went with Abby Connect to try them out because they gave me a free trial. I use the virtual assistance for incoming calls and it has been really good. I'm a solo person in here and they're very vital for my business when I'm not here doing other things for the business. Anyone who’s by themselves would definitely feel the same way. Also, when they're sending people over to me, they're always polite and very helpful. And Mary Anne, my person of contact, is always available by email. She's always helping me out if I have any questions. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We needed something that would work with our phone system. We had the Intermedia and they were so difficult. We had been missing calls because the whole system was not working. So, we decided to see if Abby Connect would work and their customer service was very pleasant. We haven't had the virtual receptionist that long and there's a lot of confusion because with the Intermedia and the whole interfacing between the two, we still missed a few calls and stuff like that. But that was just a matter of getting everybody on the same page for how these calls come through.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We use Abby Connect primarily to address incoming calls and messages. They’ve given us a nice positive front for the business so it’s been great. The support is usually very responsive in answering questions or handling concerns. They transition our calls to our offices when calls come in, and that’s always been smooth.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Abby Connect's features are great, especially the email on the calls where when we get a call, we get an email as well as who was on the call. They have helped out a lot, as far as working out in taking calls and reporting it to us and getting somebody live to talk to versus a regular machine. Also, whenever I talk to their reps, it's great. If I ever had a question or something, I email and they always respond. I like the service. In fact, I was thinking of adding some of my other companies that are more established to it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We were looking for an alternative to Call Ruby and we did a Google search. We looked for competitors to Call Ruby, and Abby Connect is the one we got. It’s better than the previous company we had and the cost of having the service is lower. The people at Abby Connect have been very flexible and sweet. They’re very accommodating and easy to work with. Abby makes it easy for customers to reach us and it presents a good face for our company when people call. I like that the communication is very easy, and we’re very happy.

Abby Connect response
Hello Ben, Thanks for your review! The staff here at Abby Connect strives to be incredibly accommodating and you are in great hands with us. We know that easy communication and providing a great first impression for your customers is key to helping your business thrive. We are so happy to be answering your phones and working with your business. Thank you again for the thoughtful review!

Your Receptionist, Harley

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I tested three different companies’ services out for a free trial, and found that the girls that answered my phones from Abby Connect seemed to be the most energetic, outgoing, and professional. They answer my calls very quickly and professionally. I also appreciated the call recording they were offering. Not every other company was able to get me instant call recordings from the calls that came in, so I could review those calls at a later time.

My rep at Abby Connect has been great. She has been very responsive and communicative and we have a good relationship going. Abby Connect is more expensive and on the higher end of the cost and if you compare, there are a lot of cheaper services out there. However, when I call in to a doctor’s office and the other companies are answering service calls, they are so monotone on the phone and there are always those weird sounds in the background of other people talking. It doesn’t seem very professional and I wanted to pay for extra for a service that I knew was gonna be a premium service. And that’s what I feel that I have with Abby Connect. It's the best solution that I could find, but I wish they were cheaper.

I enjoy the portal I have that I log in to to check everything. There were some technical changes that I requested that they could make to improve the portal a bit. Back on September 20th, my rep Marianne said that the software development team has been trying to make some significant changes or fix what I was having issues with, but I haven’t seen those changes yet. They said they were working on that a few months ago, but I haven’t seen that happen yet and was hoping to see that. They told me that they were going to be coming out with an app for our phone soon that hasn’t been released. There is an announcement area on the dashboard and the last announcement date was from 9/1/18. There should be some updates and I’m still waiting for them.

There is a bit of a lag time on some of the stuff, but it doesn’t really affect the core solution. When I listen to the call logs, I have to download it, but I’d rather go straight to the website and just hit the play button and play it through the website instead of having to download a WAV file, then use a third-party app to play it. They said they are working on that. The calls are recorded up until I answer the call and I was hoping there would be a way for me to optionally record my part of the conversation if I wanted to, but they said they can’t do that right now. I get a lot of sales calls and spam calls, and some of Abby Connect's other competitors won’t charge me for those calls. But Abby Connect does and it would be nice if they would do the same thing as what their competitors do. That would give Abby Connect a bit of an edge.

Abby Connect response

Jason, thank you for your review! We are extremely grateful that you choose us over three other companies for your answering needs. We take pride in providing professional, outgoing receptionists for your wonderful clients. We also dislike calling a business and reaching a monotone voice, which is why we offer a higher quality service and train our receptionists to be helpful and energetic. We want to have your clients excited to call your company and receive the best customer service.

Marianne, your account manager, is very loyal to her clients and I love hearing that she has been great to work with. She is always available to help with your account. I know she has reached out to you to make sure your portal needs are more satisfying for you. We want your experience easy and successful for you.

Thank you for your feedback and for trusting us with your valuable clients.

Best Regards, Gail

Abby Connect Management Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Abby Connect have good rates and in turns out they have excellent service as well. We don’t have to worry about missing calls. They always send us an email whether the call goes through or not. And also, it’s very helpful because they ask the caller certain questions before they put them through. We provided Abby Connect with a script. I give two thumbs up for their customer service and for Marianne, who is our account representative. So absolutely use Abby Connect if you’re thinking about using an answering service or a virtual office service.

Abby Connect response

Hello John, Thank you for such a fantastic review of our virtual receptionist service. We enjoy ensuring that you do not miss a single call and providing the greatest amount of customer service with each call we answer. Your account manager, Marianne, is absolutely incredible and you are in great hands with her. Thank you again for recommending people to Abby Connect - its clients like you that make us strive to be even better! Your Receptionist Team Lead, Elaine M.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Abby Connect's pricing was what got us in the door and demoed the system. We use the receptionist services the most. Abby Connect is fantastic, and their customer service is out of this world. They are so thorough and just screen calls very well. We couldn’t be happier. I definitely recommend them

Abby Connect response

Hello Regina, Thank you for recognizing the effort we continuously put towards our clients. We are committed to efficiently taking accurate messages, allowing you to release the worry of missing anything important. Abby is overjoyed to be your cost-effective option. Thank you again for the great review! Your Receptionist, Erika

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We did some research online to see which answering service was out there, what they had to offer, and what would fit our needs the best. We decided to get Aby Connect as our full time answering service and they are great. During the free two-week trial period, they were very responsive and we had great feedback with some of our clients or vendors that have called. They're very prompt and very polite. They're there all the time answering the phone and with no issues. It helped a lot that we haven't had any missed phone calls or lost in the process of trying to reconnect phone calls to people. We talked to their reps during the initial set up with the program and since then, we've made two phone calls to them. Then the rest of our communications are done by email and they're quick to respond through any changes or questions that we've had. We would recommend them.

Abby Connect response

Hello Debbie, Thank you for giving our live receptionist service a shot! It's fabulous to hear that after your research you decided we best fit your needs. We understand the value of every phone call and being responsive, prompt, and polite to all of your callers. We are glad to hear the communication with your account manager, Marianne, has been smooth; she is amazing at what she does. We look forward to continuing to serve your company and providing exceptional customer service. Your Receptionist Team Lead, Hannah N.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I was googling different kinds of similar services and Abby Connect had the services that I needed at the price point that was acceptable for me. Also, during their trial period, I was very pleased with the service that they provided. So I went ahead with them and now I have their phone answering service, the virtual receptionist. Having them helped me greatly with being able to provide a higher level of customer service and everybody at Abby Connect has been wonderful. I’ve interacted with several people and they’ve all been great. It’s a worthwhile service that people should look into.

Abby Connect response

Hello Dominique, Thank you so much for your kind review! Your recognition inspires us to continue to do what we do best by adding value and assisting in enhancing your level of customer service. We are pleased that our free trial period impressed you and that you continued with our services. Our virtual receptionists love speaking with your callers and team members. We look forward to a continued partnership with your company! Your Abby Receptionist, Cori

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We tried a few live answering services and Abby Connect has a better service at a more increased price point. We mostly use their answering service and we have reliable phone service now. The interactions with their team have all been good. Their demeanor is nice. Abby Connect is a good company. It's been a good experience.

Abby Connect response
Hello Jason! Thank you for switching your phone answering over to us. We know you have a variety of choices in answering services and hope we've been able to stand out from the rest. We make it a priority to provide the most friendly and efficient customer care. Thank you for the wonderful review - your receptionist team really appreciates the feedback!

Your Receptionists, Jessica

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I went through a trial period with a different live answering company and I wasn't happy with them, so I went with Abby Connect. I love the service. It helped free up a lot of my time, and they've been doing a good job. Whenever any of my client calls, they get a friendly person or friendly voice. I'm surprised on how well Abby Connect has been able to identify new business and how well they take down the caller information and provide that to me on the email. So, I really appreciate that. I've recommended Abby Connect and told people that they would help streamline their business. They could focus on what they do and let Abby Connect handle the calls.

Abby Connect response

Hello Clyde, I am so happy to be one of your receptionists taking your calls. We look forward to continuing to help streamline your law firm's business. Thank you for switching your live receptionist service over to us! Your Abby Receptionist, Holli

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I looked up the best and highest rated answering services available anywhere and I found Abby Connect. I also read great reviews about them and decided that, after my free trial, I wouldn’t go with anybody else. They always have a great attitude no matter what time of day and having them helps me stay organized with the forms that they fill out for me. I have their live reception answering service and they take information down from my customers so that when I get back, I'm able to assist them better. Partnering with Abby Connect makes you seem much larger than the company you really are. If you have the money, it’s important to get their service. Also, you’re losing money by not doing it.

Abby Connect response

Hello Carlos, I want to personally thank you for this great review and for having picked Abby Connect as your dedicated team of virtual receptionists. We are so thankful that after researching the best and highest-rated answering services and reading our great reviews you decided to give us a shot. Our receptionists are delighted to hear that our great attitude and the caller information we take down helps you stay more organized and assists your clients better. Thank you again for your kind words, we truly appreciate them. Your Abby receptionist, Jacqueline

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I like Abby Connect's 24/7 service and how responsive they were when I was seeking out a live answering company. Their reps were very helpful in helping me understand how to work with them. Currently they're doing all of our call screening and call routing. Partnering with them has significantly reduced the amount of junk phone calls coming into my office. It has improved the efficiency of the staff that had to answer the phone. They give my company a very professional image with regard to the phones being answered as they are very consistent.

Abby Connect response
Angela, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We know you are busy! We are so happy to hear you enjoy our 24/7 phone answering service and that your onboarding process was so successful. Providing a professional impression to your callers and helping your office operate more efficiently is your receptionist team's goal. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Your Receptionist Team Lead, Mariah

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Abby Connect was listed positively and there are really positive reviews from others so I went ahead and tried their free trial. That was incredibly helpful because it proved the fact that they were incredibly useful towards our business. Surprisingly, it was a phenomenal experience from the get-go. Before, we had an automated recording saying that most of the answers can be found online and that customer can check out our FAQs. If they really needed something to get answered, they could leave a message and expect a call back within about five hours. But that wasn’t a really good experience for a guest.

Having Abby Connect definitely impacted the business in a positive way. It’s nice to get a person on the line. In fact, we're a unique customer for Abby Connect in the sense that everyone else uses them mostly for answering service or while you’re out of the office. But we are actually having them perform services that are a bit more advanced in the sense that they’re looking at some of our FAQs. They’re able to look into our system and see if you have a reservation. Then if it’s a more complex thing, they try to escalate it to one of us depending on where the problem is. When they forward the call to us, at least then we would know that it may be an urgent thing or a callback. If it’s not urgent, Abby Connect would take a message and say that we would call the guest back.

We’ve figured out a workflow too. We went back and forth with regards to figuring out how to better be able to answer some of the questions, tweaking the flow of when to reach out and telling someone when and when not to escalate something and who it should be escalated to. Their portal is really easy to use and in addition to the calls getting answered, we also get a notice for every call. There’s a call log that comes in to all of us so we have a distribution list, like a little summary of the calls that came in, if they were able to capture the name of the person, the number and what the call was regarding. It helps us get some feedback of what people are calling about and where we can maybe add information to the website to better the user experience.

I know that Abby Connect is more of a call answering service but I wish they can go one step deeper and allow our customers to place orders over the phone. That’s how our customers wanted to call in. So we have to basically say that for security reasons, and this is also on Abby Connect’s part, they have to go online and place their order there. But it also helps because a lot of our legal stuff is through signature by virtual documents. So we make sure that they have a working connection already, in order to be able to do that, because it won’t work over the phone. Other than that, the people at Abby Connect are super. They’re always willing and able to help. They’re also willing to go above and beyond, and that was what we wanted.

Abby Connect response

Hi Aleks, Thank you for switching over your live receptionist service to us! We are happy to hear you are pleased with our services from the get-go. Our receptionists pride themselves on offering a more personal feel as opposed to an automated recording. We are ecstatic to hear we’ve positively impacted your business. Abby Connect values the relationships with our clients and we encourage you to continue adjusting the call procedures and workflow best suited for your needs with your account manager. If you ever have suggestions on how to improve our service or new ideas for features, we'd love to hear them. Reach out to your account manager anytime to share your feedback. We look forward to assisting you in any future needs. Your receptionist, Valeria

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Abby Connect is much better than the previous live answering service I was using. When I set up the account, the Abby Connect team was very good. Now, I never miss calls. If I don’t pick up, they answer my phones and send me a text and email me the message. I also never deal with voicemail. Using Abby Connect has made my phone much better. I probably pick up additional consultations because of it.

Abby Connect response

Thank you so much for your review, Andrew! Here at Abby Connect, we love to hear how we never miss your calls and help you get additional business. We do our very best to make your business phone answering better and your set-up easy. Thank you for switching your live receptionist service to Abby Connect. Best of luck with your continued growth and thank you again for being an amazing client! Your Receptionist, Kaitlyn

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I liked Abby Connect after reading some online reviews about them. I've been using their service for two months now and I like them compared to my previous company. They answer calls for me and transfer them over. It's a top notch service. Everything is working well.

Abby Connect response

Carlos, Thank you so much for switching your phone answering service to us! It’s fabulous to hear you like our reviews and our service. Your team is equally amazing with the way you care for your clients and assist their needs in a timely manner. We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to assist your callers and your staff. Sincerely, Elaine M.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I'm using the phone service of Abby Connect and they do a good job. If something's wrong, they handle it quickly. They are also very friendly and my clients like them. So as long as that keeps going the way it is, I'll be with them for a long time.

Abby Connect response

Hi Kristy, Our account managers work hard to expedite solutions to problems. We absolutely love working with your clients and bringing a smile to their face. We look forward to continuing working with you! Your Receptionist, Victoria

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I was doing Internet searches on answering services and I decided to try Abby Connect because of their price point and the customer reviews. They were very helpful in getting us set up. We were set up in three days after signing up for their service, so that was very simple and straightforward. We also had a few items that needed to be accommodated that they were happy to work with. It's been trouble-free working as we had hoped. I also like the fact that we have a real person answering customer calls. It's very important. Since partnering with them, we're much more efficient and responsive to customer calls, and it also filters out unnecessary sales and marketing calls. I'd be happy to recommend them to others.

Abby Connect response

Hi Pete, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm so glad that our services fit within your needs and that we were able to get you up and running quickly and customize your account. We're so glad that you have seen the immediate impact of having all your calls answered live by someone who can filter through them for your team. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to further improve your experience.

Your receptionist Team Lead, Elaine M.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I've been with Abby Connect since the beginning of August and my experience with them is great. I'm a Vegas company and they are here locally. Partnering with Abby Connect gives an ease of stress not having to sit there and take unwanted calls. We're on the medical side and they keep only with us the girls that are trained to take those calls. I like the voicemail translation too. I don't have to listen to voicemail and that's pretty nice. They're awesome and we'll be with them for a long time.

Abby Connect response

Hello Danielle! We appreciate your feedback and we are extremely happy that you enjoy our phone answering services. We especially love knowing that we help ease your stress. We thoroughly enjoy working with other locally-owned businesses in Las Vegas. Here at Abby Connect we believe training is key to having our service work best for everyone and we match you with the best receptionist team for your business. We look forward to building our relationship and being able to work together for a long time! - Jazmin

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We've been with Abby Connect for five months now and we use their answering service. They are super polite and great to talk to. We have a lot of our clients that prefer calling them than calling us directly. I know they're working on a couple of different features such as picking up a call recording after a call has been put on hold or transferred and I'm looking forward to it. Although they do a great job of forwarding information after they receive the call, getting a voice of the recording with an answering machine for instance, would pretty much take it to the next level and that would make it easier for us to get the contact of the call. They are also expensive compared to other services, but partnering with them gave us a bigger company presence that when people call in, they hear a professional and friendly voice.

Abby Connect response

Hello Walter, It’s great to hear that your clients love to speak with us. With Abby Connect, your callers will always encounter a friendly and professional voice. Our company is committed to improving our clients’ end-to-end experience and we will continue to work on adding new features and services to better your experience. We also encourage you to reach out to your account manager, who can discuss new feature plans and cost saving ideas. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to assisting you in any future needs. Your Receptionist, Jeannette

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I like that the pricing information of Abby Connect is available online without having to search around too much. When I set up the consultation, I was impressed with Elena whom I spoke with. I enjoyed talking to her and thought that they would represent my business well. The team at Abby answers all of my incoming calls and if I'm not available to speak with whoever's calling, they'll take the message and email that to me. That's my favorite feature so far. Every time they transfer somebody to me, I speak with someone from Abby. And every single person that I've worked with has been cheerful and happy to be doing this for their job. They have also been quick to answer any emails if I have questions for them. I definitely have seen an increase in booking because my phones are actually getting answered. So, I've been very happy with them.

Abby Connect response

Hello Kara, We are so happy that your business has had more bookings while using Abby Connect’s answering services! We pride ourselves in providing straightforward pricing and creating a seamless onboarding process for our clients. Our receptionists enjoy being able to connect with callers while ensuring that our clients receive timely, accurate information. Your account manager, Elena, is incredible and we know she’ll always take great care of your account. We are so happy that you are apart of the Abby family and look forward to a continued relationship. Your Receptionist, Cori

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

When I was getting ready to fire my old service, I did some research on the internet and Abby Connect kept popping up in my search results. Abby has been very reliable and they follow my instructions. They do what they say they can do and I pay them a premium for 24/7 coverage while the other company overpromised and under-delivered. They presented themselves as bigger than what they were but when I called, it got really bad one weekend and they told me they don’t have the ability to do the work. I paid them a premium for the same thing. It was the third hiccup. It was a $5,000 piece of business that was getting ready to walk away and I happened to be there to see my phone. I called, I sealed with the deal and the business came in the door. But I was really fusilladed. What if I had not been there to see that? That’s $5,000 that just walked away and went to one of my competitors. Abby has not had that issue.

Abby's principal job is to answer my phone promptly, pleasantly and get me information so that I could get back to the people. They do it 24/7/355 which is what I need. In exchange, I pay them a hefty fee but I don’t burden the receptionist with doing client intake or asking a thousand questions because a large percentage of people who call my office hour is really crazy and stupid so, it is better for me to sift through that. I try to be a low maintenance client and they are fairly responsive. So, once they set up, the process was over. I had a few clarifying questions but I try not to bother them and I don’t want them to bother me. I just pay them for what they do. Abby is something that distinguishes me from my competitors. I want the people to like me and I got two compliments on my receptionist since I have been with Abby. I highly recommend them.

Abby Connect response

Hello Damon, We always make sure your calls are answered 24/7 so that you never lose your clients to your competitors. We are happy to hear that we help distinguish your business from others and that your clients enjoy working with us. We're sorry to hear that your previous answering service lost you business. We hope that never happens for you again. Thank you for switching your virtual reception service over to Abby Connect! Your Receptionist, Harley

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We are a small firm and we needed a reception service. I did a ton of research and I knew a lot of lawyers had been using a service called Ruby Reception, so I looked into them quite a bit. I almost went with Ruby but I looked online and read a lot about Abby Connect and decided to give them a try first. One of the things that I kept reading about Abby was that they had the opportunity to do longer hours of reception service and 24-hour rollover service if we needed it. We do personal injury as specifically geared towards law enforcement first responders and since they work 24/7, that is something we need. We only have two lawyers and a couple of employees here, so there is no way we could be on-call 24/7. But, if our clients needed to reach somebody, we needed someone that could take the call and at least send us a voicemail or an email.

Dealing with the Abby Connect team was pretty simple and the set-up took me about 30 minutes on the phone with them. They walked me through everything and wanted to know a little bit more about how they could explain different questions that are often asked. For example, how to get to our office, fax number and phone number, so they could answer questions on our behalf and not have to reach out to us. Then they would always call and introduce themselves. They would say, “Hi, Michelle. This is so and so with Abby. I’ve got so and so on the line and he wants XYZ,” so that I don’t have to take the call if I don’t like to. I can say, “Will you please take a message?” or “Sure, put them through” or “Can you send them to x person instead?”

They are always really great to talk to and it is lonely when I'm working in an office by myself, so sometimes, I will get a call from them and they brighten my day. It feels like I’m working with someone when I’m all alone. We love that they are so perky and they answer the phone right away and track us down on our cell and none of our clients know that they don’t work for us. We had just about five different people that always answer the phone, so everybody thinks that the receptionist works in our office. It doesn’t sound like the typical reception service that I’ve used in the past. Abby is super cost-effective and I’ve recommended them highly. In fact, one of our lawyers has a solo practice and he’s about to sign-up separately. I’ve come through a lot of different reception services in my time as a firm administrator with different law firms and Abby Connect is, by far, the best I’ve ever run across. I’m really happy with them.

Abby Connect response

Michelle, your kind words truly brightened our day. Thank you for giving us a shot and allowing us to earn your trust one call at a time. It’s fabulous to hear that the onboarding process went smoothly, and that we were able to fill in the gap for your 24/7 answering need. We know the value of every phone call and how crucial this service is to our clients. I also want to mention, that the team loves every opportunity they have to connect a call to you. We are a family-owned business, so our receptionists and clients also feel like our extended family. Your referrals have been the best form of “thank you” and we truly appreciate your vote of confidence in us. We look forward to building our relationship and being able to further assist in any future needs.

Your Abby Operations Director,

Marlene

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My chief operating officer was searching around for a better telephone answering service and she found Abby Connect. I like their emails, that they tell me who called, what happened and was it a hung up or nobody was there. Those to me are critical stuff because we need to know that information. And the calls coming in to me are short, sweet and then we're done. Also, we're a little more efficient right now. We're happy with Abby Connect.

Abby Connect response

Hello Don, We are delighted to hear that your company can operate in a more efficient manner since retaining Abby’s services. At Abby Connect, we understand that every call we take and the information we gather is important to the growth of our client’s business. Thank you again for switching your phone answering service to us! Your Receptionist, Cori

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I use Abby Connect to answer phones and schedule appointments. Their people I've spoken with were oddly friendly. One client commented on how they sounded like they had definitely had their caffeine for the day because they seemed very happy and it’s very nice. Now, I spend less time answering the phone and spend more time working. I’ve used a few live answering companies before and Abby Connect is better. I would definitely recommend them.

Abby Connect response

Adam, We are so glad to hear that allowing us to answer your phones has helped you work more efficiently. I'm so glad we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the wonderful review and switching your phone answering service over to us! Your Receptionist, Kaitlyn

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The live answering company that I used before was all voice automated. It was a bit different. So, I searched for Abby Connect and I got their receptionist service. Partnering with Abby Connect has helped. I now have a real live voice to answer the phone. Years before, there were answering services and they would take messages, and one knew they were an answering service. But Abby Connect is a bit better and not just like an answering service. I’ve only had Abby Connect's service for nearly three months and my interactions with their people have been so good so far.

Abby Connect response

Hi Dave! We know that in quality customer care nothing replaces a caring voice dedicated to helping callers. We add a personal touch to each call which a voice automated service (or any other service for that matter) just can't provide! I'm so happy that all your interactions with our team have been positive. Thank you so much for your review! Always your receptionist, Katherine

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information