4.86/5
Based on 58 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has been providing top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services for over 12 years. Abby is well-known for its flexible call handling, and dedicated reception teams that are used by small to medium-sized businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

All calls are answered by a friendly receptionist Monday-Friday at your local time. After hours answering services are also available. Plans begin at $249/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial.

Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 15, 2018

152 Abby Connect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

I Googled a receptionist and found Abby Connect. We hired them to put people through and they also take messages and then their e-mail address. It made our business look more professional. We’ve had some issues with our long-time clients who said like, "Why do I have to get all these questions asked." We’ve been around for a really long time and they’re like, “What is going on over there?” I told Abby not to give them the fifth degree of questioning and just go through and Abby adjusted. I just send them a quick e-mail and then they let the girls know. I think it took a little bit to get them to adjust changing the way they push the call through, but I think we’re good now. But I have had some of our customers really think that the girls are really nice so it’s always good to hear.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I used Ruby for a little while before using Abby Connect and I like Abby better. Abby Connect is a little more personable, easy to deal with and they try to make me happy. Partnering with Abby Connect has been a good thing. Clients are happier and everyone was happier.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your amazing review of Abby Connect. We are so happy you made the virtual receptionist service switch over to us. It thrills us to hear that you and your clients are happy. We strive to be more than a service by being the most personable in the business; I am so glad it resonates through our calls. Thank you for the fantastic opportunity to assist you with your answering needs!

Elaine

Original review: April 7, 2018

We use Abby Connect's virtual assistant feature the most. It’s nice that we know that somebody’s there to answer the phone no matter what we’re doing. We had a different live answering company for a few days before and compared to Abby Connect, it was obvious that the other company was reading off a screen so it didn’t sound natural. We tried a few test calls and it didn’t go well. We've had good interactions with Abby Connect's reps. The only thing is Abby Connect bills us pretty high compared to the others. I would recommend them to anyone assuming they are willing to pay what it costs.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I read an article about one of Abby Connect's competitors so I started doing some research and Googling around. It seemed Abby Connect would fit our needs for our small law firm. We use them for the 9-5 answering, in place of our live receptionist. We have a vacated receptionist for a long time so we're utilizing our paralegals and legal assistants. We've had a couple of little issues that have come up along the way based on just getting used to everything and the power outage on their end, but the Abby Connect reps that I have worked with have been very responsive of taking care of things.

The only thing that I've heard from a few people in the office was that every once in a while, the people answering the phone were a little too chipper. Almost like sometimes it was a touch fake as opposed to professional. It's not unprofessional but we're trying to portray a live receptionist that would be sitting at an office to the person on the other end of the phone. And we've never had a receptionist that was that excited about her job. They should pull that back a touch and have a little more professional voice. But overall, it has been a very positive experience. If a colleague asked me, I would recommend Abby Connect.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I would highly recommend Abby Connect. We use the voicemail and it's more cost effective to have them answer and then screen the call. If they need to talk to someone, they transfer it. So far, Abby Connect has been very helpful in that we have a customer service team that's busy and they don't have the constant interruptions on the phone. And we can take it on and off because we are cost-conscious. The benefit that we enjoy is that we have control of our cost and it's been great. In addition, I have spoken with Mary Ann and she's been very responsive. All of their representatives are, so I'm definitely happy.

Abby Connect response

Hi Cindy, Thank you so much for the amazing review! I am glad we can offer your business a cost-effective answering solution while providing amazing customer service to you and your clients. We are happy that taking your calls helps your team lower distractions that you take advantage of the freedom to forward at your convenience. We are always here and ready to assist whenever you need it.

Your receptionist,

Harley D.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: March 25, 2018

Another company I was working with used Abby Connect. I like that whenever they send the call and I'm not there to accept it, they transcribe it and I can read it afterward. The service has been good and it's helpful for my business. And their reps are professional. I ran into one issue and in the beginning, I had to get my representative. Then she finally got online and got it taken care of. I've been happy with Abby Connect so far.

Andrea,

Thank you so much for the review! We're so glad you were referred to us. We strive to provide you and your company that non-stop customer experience you deserve. Please let us know if there is anything else your receptionist team or account manager can do for you. Thank you for being amazing! - Harley

Original review: March 23, 2018

We use Abby Connect as the middleman usually between 8:00 and 5:00 where they will call us and say, “So and so’s on the phone. Do you want me to take a message or patch them through?” We use that a lot when calls do come in. Their reps are very courteous and very polite with the customers that are calling in.

Abby Connect response

Amy, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love answering calls for your legal practice. Your customers are always so sweet and amazing to speak to. We strive to make every call count and to provide an unforgettable experience for your customers. If there is anything we can improve for you, please let us know.

Have a FABULOUS day!

Jazmin

Original review: March 21, 2018

Abby Connect definitely helped our business. They answer all the time. It’s nice having a live receptionist answer, which is the biggest thing for us. We don’t have to have somebody around full-time just to answer phones. Ther team has been very friendly and very helpful. Abby Connect is a great solution.

Abby Connect response

Thank you for the great review! Please know that it is always a pleasure to answer your calls and we pride ourselves on being able to offer your callers a friendly and helpful voice to assist them. Thank you as well for the opportunity to have us help your business grow and thrive. If you have any suggestions on how we can further help, please feel free to contact us! Thank you for being a part of our Abby family! - Jeannette

Original review: March 20, 2018

We heard about Abby Connect through the place where we leased some office space and we had a relationship there so we went with it. When we're not in the office or when somebody's not available to pick up the phone, they would pick it up and answer for us after five rings. We've gotten some calls that we would have missed otherwise which improves customer service and maybe bring in some new clients as well. If somebody was looking for an answering service I would definitely say try Abby Connect. They're efficient and enthusiastic. They get the phone numbers right and they seem to treat the clients properly. We're happy with their service. They should keep on doing what they've been doing.

Abby Connect response

David, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review, we truly appreciate it! We are always ecstatic to grab your current or new clients calls when you are away and improve customer service for your business! Thank you for keeping us in mind to recommend our services to other companies. Let us know if there is anything additional you need from us. - Mariah

Original review: March 19, 2018

I checked out a couple of live answering companies and for the combination of price and service, I chose Abby Connect. They answer my phones and if I can't answer, they do the transcription service. Partnering with Abby Connect has impacted my business very positively. They've been great and all my interactions were good. I referred them to another lawyer in town who uses them.

Abby Connect response
Thank you so much for the review! We are so pleased to hear you are satisfied with our pricing and legal answering services. Thank you for choosing us, we are thrilled that we’ve had a positive impact on your law firm. Your feedback means so much to the whole team, and we greatly appreciate your referral. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you ever need anything!
Best Regards,

Valeria

Original review: March 18, 2018

I'm satisfied with Abby Connect. The most convenient thing for me is with people calling in. I'm in the office for them to be transferred over. For instance, this morning, someone called and was patched through to Gerard, and then he asked for them to be patched through to me so, that was nice for that to be an easy transition.

I do appreciate also the emails that we get. I called them last week about a call that I received, but I didn't miss the call and they got a voicemail or an email. It transpired, but it was a call that I spoke with Abby Connect. They patched me through and we did connect to the caller, but I just wanted them to send me records of the phone call like the name and the time. They gave me all the information I needed and that was really nice because I'd like to be able to go back and reference anything. When someone doesn't have my direct line and is contacting me through our main business line, I do like to have a reference to go back to.

And it would be nice if for any call that I receive, even one that I am patched through to, I could receive an email that gives me the contact person, their name, phone number, and calling in regard. We have that in the missed calls, but if that could be in also like the received patched through calls, I would like that. Partnering with them has been great to our business.

Abby Connect response

Laura, Thank you so much for your fabulous review! We are pleased to hear about the positive impact we have had on your business. We strive to accomplish your goals while providing a personalized call experience for your customers. We understand the importance of your clients and detail in our call procedures and message taking. We are thrilled to hear that our emails are of great assistance when referencing your callers. After seeing your message here, your account manager switched your settings so that you receive an email on all calls, as opposed to just missed calls. Hope that helps! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance! Best Regards, Jazmin

Original review: March 13, 2018

When I tried a different live answering company and was not satisfied with them, I looked for other options. The main things with Abby Connect were their bilingual services and price. I use Abby Connect's virtual assistance and compared with the other company, theirs is so much better. The other company didn't answer most of my calls and I don't know if it was a technical problem but I had a lot of calls that were not picked up. Working with them has been great. I am a firm of one and I was missing a lot of my Spanish calls before especially the new customers who would call. So just having the bilingual service has been helpful, getting new clients and response time shorten.

Abby Connect's customer service reps have been great. Our dealings have been fairly seamless and painless, and those are usually when they turn the call for the most part. And if I'm going to be out for the day, I'll have to send them an email and let them know that I'm not in to take calls. I would highly recommend them to a friend of mine and tell them that she'd be able to go on vacation and not have to worry about the current calls not being answered and a message will be taken. And that clients will be notified that I won't be around for a week or so.

Chay,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a great review. We truly appreciate it! We are thrilled that we've had a positive impact on your law firm and gave you the bilingual answering service and price you were looking for. We pride ourselves on answering each and every one of your calls, assisting you in getting new clients and shortening your response time.
As one of your bilingual receptionists, it brings me joy to hear your kind words! Muchas gracias!

Your Receptionist, Angie

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

The people at Abby Connect are pretty easy to get a hold of, and the service that their team provides is exemplary. They have specific personnel that is assigned to your company, so you don’t have a whole floating team of day-in-day-out people answering your calls. I mostly use the live reception feature of Abby Connect, and I get my calls. It does what it needs to do and I’m happy with that. I would recommend them.

Abby Connect response

Robert, thank you so much for your positive review and feedback! We are glad that you have found us easy to reach—our account managers pride themselves on being available for you whenever you need them. We are very excited to hear that you are happy with the team that answers your calls. I know that I, personally, love taking your calls and speaking with your customers. Please let us know if there is anything further that we can do to ensure your utmost satisfaction.

With best regards,

Jessika

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

A friend of mine compared Abby Connect to Ruby and told me that Abby was cheaper and better. Our company uses their receptionist services and so far, partnering with Abby Connect has been good for us. Our clients seem happy with the big and cheery voices and their representatives have been very nice, polite, and seem to be in good spirits. We're going to continue to use Abby Connect. I have also recommended them to other friends.

Sam,
Thank you for the awesome review and we are so pleased that you are happy with our quality and pricing! We definitely are more of a boutique answering service which allows us to better align with our clients’ needs. Thank you for choosing us; we are honored. We love your callers just as much! Please let us know if you need anything!

Best regards, Angie

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Abby Connect is very user-friendly in terms of virtual receptionist services. Usually, when you call, the person that's answering the phone just doesn’t have a friendly sounding voice and they don't sound enthusiastic about answering the phone. They almost sound like you're bothering them. With Abby Connect, everybody is very personable. They sound like they're in a good mood and it was easy to coordinate and schedule with them.

Also, their pricing is very simplified and easy to understand. Some other places that have virtual receptionist services, there's a price per call and getting your information is just very difficult. Abby Connect texts or emails transcripts of people calling. They also complete client intakes for us. Whenever you have marketing out there, you don't really know necessarily if a case is going to be viable or not. You don't want to waste time on it if it's not going to be viable. So, Abby Connect makes it to where they get enough preliminary information to where we don't have to waste time with a case that's not that good.

Partnering with Abby Connect impacted my business in a very meaningful way. I have a law firm and a real estate brokerage with Abby Connect. When you hire people to be a receptionist, you don't know how many calls are coming in. You don't know if the person is going to be able to handle the influx of calls. Sometimes it's a good position that's wasted in terms of the payment. You could pay somebody to sit there at the desk but it's really hard to make sure that you optimize that position. With Abby Connect, I always know that the phones will be answered and I know that it will always be optimized because it's based on minutes, which is good.

Abby Connect is definitely the way to go for handling your communications at your firm because nothing falls through the cracks. You end up with a situation where you know the person who's going to answer is always going to be jovial, happy, and accommodating all the time versus people that may come into work and have a bad day or may be stressed, so her attitude and demeanor may not be the same.

Joey,

We are so honored to answer your calls for both of your fantastic companies. It was very seamless for us to align with your goal for each call because that is what we're all about! It's obvious that you take amazing care of your clients, so it's important for us to provide that phenomenal first impression because we know how important it is to you, and we realize the value of making personal connections on each and every call. Your compliments mean so much to the team! I'm also happy to hear that the portal makes billing easier and gives you a clear insight into your calls. Thank you for your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything you need!

Your Team Leader, Elaine

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Abby Connect is lightyears ahead of the previous live-answering service that I used. I actually get comments from people that call me, talking about how they're not going to steal her but that they love my receptionist. Abby Connect is perfect for what we need and we absolutely them. The company answers and distributes our calls and every time we spoke to their reps, they were wonderful. Their company is growing pretty quick, so that could cause some natural growing pains with getting back on things but nothing was unacceptable that they weren't able to fix immediately. Do the free trial and see for yourself.

Abby Connect response

Dave, as a senior with Abby Connect, I want to personally respond to your amazing review. Words cannot do justice with how I felt when reading your assessment on us. I have to say that I absolutely, 100% agree with you when it comes to how advanced we are when it comes to live-answering. It is a thrill to hear that your clients love us and the feeling is mutual! When we answer your calls and attempt to reach your agency, we are excited to catch you and your team on the other end so we can say hi!

You are right on with the fact that we are growing quick. As the Director of Staff Development, I can validate the growth as both substantial and justifiable when it comes to those growing pains, but I am actively developing the team to guarantee that quality does not decrease. We strive to be the best possible extension of your business. We are so grateful that you are understanding and patient with us as we do try our hardest to fix any issues post haste that may arise during this exciting time for Abby. The free trial is a sure way to confirm that we are a great fit, and we are honored to be your service (and at your service)!

Racquel – Director of Staff Development

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I just started using Abby Connect and they're doing a good job. The most important thing for me is that they are doing better than the other one. I like them and they're cool. Everything's been good and I haven't had any problems.

Abby Connect response
Thank you Matthew for the great review! We are happy to hear that we super helpful and doing a good job. We love answering to your clients with professionalism and friendly tones. Thank you for seeing the value in Abby and what we do best! Please never hesitate to let us know how we can improve! I look forward to keep being an extension of your business.

One of your receptionists, Angie.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We use Abby Connect for answering phone calls after hours. Partnering with them has been okay. However, they have not been providing enough subsequent information about the company but they've been great as a general receptionist. When it comes to discussing things with clients or following a conversation in its liveliness and not sticking to just the things that are in front of them, they need a huge amount of improvement. They provide a very nice personable, very positive, and very hefty conversation but they were not asking questions that would be putting up a block or throwing up a hesitation for a customer. Sometimes the representative doesn’t read through what information to be asked of them or they need to ask but they forget to use their active listening skill to adjust and not ask questions that aren’t necessary to be asked at a point in time.

For the most part, the representatives highlight the item that we discussed. It’s just we haven’t put in any huge amount of substantial time to having a sit-down or a conference call to really go over everything as well as provide them with the information to kind of nitpick at. Abby Connect is great. They’re very preppy, they talk to the client very nicely the entire time, they send messages via email, and they enjoy the fact that they hang up a smoke screen that there are other callers that are coming in that would be brought to our attention.

Hello Aziz,

Thank you for your extensive feedback and positive review! Here at Abby Connect, we strive on making personal connections with your callers and adapting to your needs as best as we can. We would be more than happy to make sure the receptionists are giving more of a response to your callers and being more conversational.

Your account manager is reaching out to discuss your concerns, especially the ones about the receptionists not using their active listening skills. We strive to become an extension of our client’s business, so we are more than happy to try and make the improvements you need.

Your Receptionists, Elena

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Abby Connect has a more modern system than the typical answering service where people had no enthusiasm like in a call center. When we called to test it, they sounded excited when they answered the phone so it was good. We got an answering service from them so that if somebody steps out or if nobody's at the office, we would get the messages right away rather than on our voicemail. They would email the person who called and then email us as well so we could give a callback right away. The team in Abby Connect has been good and helpful. In the beginning, it was hard to get our phones to forward, but they were really understanding with that. They restarted our trial period because the transferring disconnected. It has been a great experience with Abby Connect and I would recommend them to others.

Abby Connect response
Alexa, we want to thank you so much for your feedback on our services! We are so happy to be able to serve you and the rest of the team. We are so glad that you were able to work out the call forwarding and we are able to talk to your callers. Please let us know if there is anything further we can do in order to ensure your satisfaction moving forward.
Best regards,

Jessika

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We had a receptionist and we were looking for one. Abby Connect looked good online. We got their service and we mostly use the live answering feature. My experience with them has been good. During extended hours, someone can answer almost any time. Also, it helped bridge the gap during the holiday times. There are a few things that can potentially be improved but for the most part, it’s been controlling my needs. I have referred Abby Connect before and if you need a receptionist, Abby Connect is a good solution. They can do a good amount of things and help your company seem more professional.

Abby Connect response

Charles, thank you so much for the amazing review. We are exceptionally excited to be able to serve your company and help bring a great image. We want you to know how much we appreciate your business and are always open to feedback to better serve you. Sending new clients our way is the best possible compliment! We look forward to meeting all of your business needs. -Harley

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Our clients haven’t left messages before with our regular voicemails so we were missing important phone calls. We looked online for a virtual receptionist and we went with Abby Connect because of the reviews. Since partnering with them, we have increased our sales by getting those phone numbers and reaching back out to those clients. Anytime we have any question they’ve been really good. They worked with us on getting the information that we need and it has been successful so far. The quality of the messages that are coming through are good. They email us all of our messages so they're giving us enough information that we can use to contact our clients back. So far, they're doing really well.

To our friends at the Sandbag Store,

We cannot thank you enough for the amazing clients you have and you allowing us the ability to help you succeed further in your fantastic organization. We look forward to your growth and the further development of our relationship. Thank you for being the best part of Abby Connect!

Sincerely,

The Abby Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I own a dental practice and it uses Abby Connect as an answer to my receptionist not being able to answer the phone. My office manager customized how their receptionist will answer, and they do a good job going ahead and picking up on opportunities that have passed through my front desk. So far, it's been great.

Abby Connect response
Thank you for your fabulous review, Kam! We are so happy to hear that we were able to adapt to your needs and not let a call go without being answered. We are thrilled to be your receptionist team and a benefit to you.

Best Regards, Jeannette

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I like Abby Connect’s live phone-answering service. Their impact has been really positive for our business and they have been great. The system gives a very professional front-facing voice. I've stuck with them for a year now and I'm very happy.

Abby Connect response

Brian, we really appreciate your marvelous review. Abby Connect’s goal is to be the excellent face of anyone’s company. We are so happy we are accomplishing this for your awesome company. Customer Service is what we pride in, and that is why we can make a positive impact for your business. We hope to be the voice of your company for many years. Thank you for allowing us to help your fantastic company. Best Regards, Marisol

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Abby Connect seemed to have high expertise and I like their price and features. I like their live answering service and the system allows a live person to always be available to answer the phone, which is not always possible for us, so that's helpful. The reps were always polite and professional.

Abby Connect response
Ned, thank you for your awesome compliments. We take pride in our receptionists having professional, friendly and polite personalities. Abby understands that missing that one call could be the million dollar call you were waiting on. Thank you for seeing the value in what we do!

Your friendly receptionists, Elaine

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We use Abby Connect as a back-up. We’re a small company so when we’re tied up doing work or in client meetings, we use it to keep somebody answering the phone. We’re small enough that my admin staff works so we can’t always answer the phone. The folks Abby Connect that I set up with are very nice. They did a good job. Since then I just basically get their messages so I can’t really call the normal people. The only thing I don’t like is that I can't call once a month to see what they actually sound like.

I would like to just randomly call and see if they sound nice, especially now that I can’t really do it without them. I’d like to check if they speak proper English or if they are nice. They should waive a call for the owner at least until I get used to them and comfortable. But they do a lot better job than my admin did because a lot of times she wouldn’t take out the number to call back for me. When I get issues, Abby Connect actually puts the number in the message and I can just hit them and call them, versus checking my email and contacts to see if I have the number. It’s a lot more helpful. It made us look more professional rather than somebody answering the phone.

Abby Connect response

Steven, we are proud to be your back up receptionists for your awesome company. Whether we’re working with a small business or a large business, we pride ourselves in providing the same wonderful customer services that your clients’ deserve. Making that important connection with your clients and providing you with the information that is needed is our pleasure. We definitely do encourage our clients to make a test call to ensure that your receptionists are meeting/exceeding your expectations. Feel free to send your account manager, Marianne, an email and mention that you did a test call along with the date and time. She’ll make sure to take that call off of your bill. We want you to be extremely happy, and we love that we truly act as an extension of your company. Long term relationships are important to us. Your friendly Receptionists, Mariah

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Before Abby, we used a different live answering company for a week, but my messages were not complete that I needed to go back and see. We contacted the previous provider as there were some issues and they just didn’t work. We were trying to decide whether to hire a full-time office girl and Abby has eliminated having to bring another employee on.

Abby saves us a bit of money and is much better as it answers for us 24 hours a day. We have the convenience of always getting a message whenever we can’t take the call. They take the call and they e-mail me the message and for the most part, the messages were always complete with all the pertinent information. There were one or two messages in the beginning when things were getting started and it was trying to get everybody on the same page, but very quickly, things smoothed out. It seems like I talk with the same gals from the Abby team and they’re always very kind and very thorough with their messages. Abby has been a great connection so far.

Abby Connect response

Julie, we are thrilled to be your receptionist team! As your after-hours team member, I am happy to hear that the messages you are receiving are clear and complete. Nothing is more important than having the correct information at hand. I’m excited to hear that you are happy with our service, and we have eliminated the need for you to hire a full-time office receptionist. Here at Abby, we all strive to be the best, and we understand your clients can be very upset (due to damages) or very excited (with a remodel!) when they call in, so we are sensitive to their needs either way. Being part of Faulkner’s team is our pleasure, and we believe being in constant communication is what connects us to you!

Racquel – An After-hours Abby

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Abby Connect is far superior than the one we used before. We mostly use their answering and message taking services and I like the customer interaction that they provide. We’ve had great feedback from it and it has certainly been helpful to be able to get a hold of us quicker and to have somebody live answer. It helps our overall persona. They are professional and gave immediate responses. It’s been an excellent improvement in our business.

Abby Connect response

Michelle, thank you for such a wonderful review and taking time in recognizing us as an improvement to your company. Non-stop customer service is at the core of what we do, so it warms our hearts to see that we’ve made a positive impact to you and your company. We look forward to many more fabulous calls. Greatly Appreciated, Hope

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We used a live answering company for after hours a long time ago then we did a Google search for a 24/7 call answering service to take messages and we found Abby Connect. Since we used them, we're not concerned about missed calls. Everything has also been smooth and easy when we dealt with their reps.

Abby Connect response
Shaw, thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy to hear that our receptionists could meet all of your needs during a smooth process. We strive in making sure our clients are satisfied and everything is just how they need and that a call never goes missed. We look forward to helping with more calls!

Best Regards, Elena

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I'm very happy with Abby Connect's service. Everyone was fabulous, helpful and thorough. I use their answering service, taking messages and replying to calls, and it's been helpful for our team to focus on the things that they need to do at the office. I would recommend Abby Connect.

Abby Connect response

Leah, thank you so much for your amazing review on our services and allowing us to free up more of your time! We enjoy being an extension of your team and look forward to serving you as best as we can. Sincerely, Melissa

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was searching online for a virtual office receptionist and I found Abby Connect. I did some demos with three companies and Abby Connect seemed to be the best fit. They answer the phone and do it competitively and they do a good job. We just had some issues in the beginning of the call not getting answered all the time, so we engaged with them. They have been absolutely professional and courteous.

Abby Connect response

Rodney, thank you so much for your 5 star review. We are lucky that you chose us out of the three companies you had a demo with and that we’ve been able to create a wonderful experience for you. I apologize for the hiccups in the beginning, but I am happy to hear that everything is taken care of. Although we may be a small extension to your company, we make it our responsibility to represent your company in the best way possible. If you ever need anything from Abby, we are happy to help!

Your friendly receptionists, Victoria

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information