4.9/5 (31 ratings)

About Abby Connect

Abby Connect states that it does everything with the mission of revolutionizing the small business customer experience to convert more callers into customers. The company uses a proprietary development program to ensure its live virtual receptionists are trained to provide professional and personable customer service to help businesses impress their callers and grow.

Abby Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: March 30, 2022

We are an independent insurance agency, and we have a full time receptionist that also has other responsibilities. The goal is to have every call answered live by someone, and with only one person, that's difficult to do. We were having calls go to our IVR decision tree, and that wasn't the experience that we wanted, so we started looking for a virtual receptionist. I tried another company first, which was very disappointing in every way that matters, then I reached out to Abby as our second choice.

Abby Connect is answering the phone with a specific script, which the company I used before didn't tell me this initially, but once we got onboarding with them, they said, “Oh, we don't use scripts. You can't tell us the way that you want the calls answered.” With Abby, not only are they answering the phone following the script that we gave, but also, they're fielding some calls to keep it from going to some of our back office folks by asking some questions and putting the information into an email and sending it to us. That willingness to work with us is saving our staff time, which allows them to be more profitable and productive. Abby is helping us grow our bottom line, because whatever we've asked them to do, they have done.

The rep, Alexandra, has been great to work with, and the other thing that I really liked about Abby is the portal that not only do we have the ability to update with, “I'm going to be out this afternoon,” but also, their ability to store the script in the portal. To be able to go in, if I want to make a modification in the script, I just go to the portal and that's instantly pushed out to the team. We can change our packages and how many minutes we want. We can also look back at past history. They put a lot of tools into the portal that makes it very easy to manage the account with Abby. The only thing is every time I do a test call, I find that the receptionists are very consistent in the way that they answer the phone. They do follow the script. They do provide a great customer experience, and I’m very glad we found them. I’ve recommended them to a couple of agencies.

Hi Tom!

We’re grateful and overjoyed that you’ve taken the time to write us such a glowing review. It makes us proud to know that our customizable service has been able to support your staff, so they can be more efficient and profitable in their everyday duties. We look forward to continue providing the best possible service to you and your firm!

Your Friendly Receptionist,

Jany R.

Get buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I'm not super impressed with Abby. I've had to make complaints a couple of times about some of the quality of the representatives answering the phone or having them coached. I had representatives that were stumbling around and then the clients were going, “Who is this person? Why don't they know how to say the company's name.” I actually dropped Puget Sound from the name because the representatives weren't saying it correctly and people were asking me why I'm hiring people who don't even know how to say the major body of water that's by here.

Getting changes done is a bit of a challenge. It's not an immediate, “Add this person.” It will take me sometimes several days to get somebody new added to the account. They could have better technology where if I want to add somebody in, I can click and say, “This is my new operations manager. This is the call list order.” I shouldn't have to reach out to a representative and wait four days for an email to come in. Also, one representative called and apologized for bothering me, which is costing me money. If you're bringing a call in, I just want to hear, “I have Jessica on the line from here and this is what it is.” I don't want chatter ringing up my bill. They also record the calls, but they only record the calls for their representatives and they don't record the two-way conversation that goes on.

Hello Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share with us some of your concerns and feedback on how we can improve our services. We are saddened to hear that you are not impressed and as your dedicated Customer Success Manager, my main priority is to always ensure that your live receptionist team and I are doing everything we can to provide you with a great experience with our partnership. Our goal is to serve as an extension of your business and in doing so we do take the time to learn about your business. I understand how the mispronunciation of the location in your greeting could have an impact on your business, and I’m glad that we were able to discuss other options for your customizable phone greeting. I’ve spoken with your receptionist team and have been working with them on getting your calls routed a bit faster and more efficiently.

I wanted to apologize for the request for a new contact to be added to your account taking a bit longer than usual. Unfortunately, the request wasn’t sent to my email directly, so I was not notified of this update until I was back in the office, in which I was able to get your new contact added to your account. We are currently working on a new way for our clients to be able to do contact and account updates on their end. Implementing our double-sided call recording feature is something that I can certainly set up for you. I'll be reaching out to you soon so we can have you set up with that feature. Please do not hesitate to reach me if you have any other updates, questions, or concerns. I look forward to speaking with you.

Your Customer Success Manager,

Jessica Y.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We have three different companies that run through Abby Connect with 24/7 bilingual. We're using all the functionality that they offer and we've never had one problem. We get a lot of great compliments from the way they track us down and find us all over the country and make sure we get things handled. We have apartment buildings and we have contract manufacturing. So, we use everything from emergency services, paging, dispatching, as well as communicating problems in apartments where tenants might have a water leak or toilets backed up and we have to send somebody in. Abby tracks down maintenance and they pass on all the maintenance tickets and makes sure that we have all the proper tools when we arrive at the apartment building to correct the problem the first time rather than going back and forth.

We also run all of our sales through Abby Connect. So, anybody inquiring about renting an apartment goes through there. They have a list of about 20 questions they ask. They collect all the information, then they send that information over to us via email and text so that we can immediately respond and let the individuals know that we got their request for information and a potential rental. So, that way, they think we're the place to rent from. They really enabled our teams to over-communicate to both customers, as well as our internal organization because they work with all the latest technologies, the texting, the phone calls, the emails, and they do it 24/7. Also, they eliminate any barriers that we used to have with linguistics. But if they can start paying folks that speak Greek and Romanian and so on so that they can support multicultural tenants that we have, that would be great.

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of the customer experience for your clients! I'm glad to be a part of your dedicated team of receptionists, and we pride ourselves in featuring two bilingual receptionists in English and Spanish readily available to answer your calls. At Abby Connect, we ensure that your needs are met by prioritizing your company’s vision. We know that urgency is of high importance to your line of work, so we take pride in gathering all of the information from your potential new clients to best assist with their rental needs. We look forward to continuing to be a part of your team and being an element of your company. It has been a pleasure working with you, and please reach out if you need anything at all!

Your Receptionist,

Saely G.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I liked that Abby Connect had a trial and their packages were reasonable. It was a good fit for me. I also like that they have an app on the phone and it has functions such as being able to see some of the stuff available on there as well as the online part. I like being able to log in and seeing how many minutes I have used. But the app doesn't seem to be as live as I would have liked. Sometimes, it doesn't give me notifications until hours or days later.

I also had two issues with Abby Connect. The first issue that happened a couple of times was they were saying the name of the firm and my last name wrong. I had two clients notify me that the name was wrong and it doesn't look very professional if the person working for me doesn't know the name. I let Abby Connect know that and they said they were going to fix that. I haven't heard any other issues so far. The second issue was I wasn't too unhappy with the fees going up. I don't use anywhere close to the number of minutes allotted so it's getting to a point where Abby Connect is getting a little bit more expensive than I would like.

But for now, Abby Connect has been working and I have been happy with it. They have freed up some of my time so it helped me to be a little more productive. Any time I've questions or needs up there, they are usually responsive and open. If issues come up, they've are able to help me address them and figure out ways to prevent them in the future.

Hello Ryan,

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to know that we are a great fit for you and your firm! It brings us joy to know that we have been able to free up some time for you and your team to complete other tasks and lessen any interruptions we can to keep your firm running smoothly! Thank you for working with your Customer Success Manager, Angie, regarding the issues with your app notifications. We're excited about getting that experience improved. It is truly a pleasure to answer calls from your clients. We appreciate your time and effort with us.

Have a great day,

Ashley G.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

We use Abby Connect for our after-hours phone calls. We use a regular answering service, and we found that Abby Connect was more like having your own reception staff still working 24/7. It was more of a professional way of answering the phone. It didn't sound like people were calling an answering service, it sounded more like they were reaching the office and Abby answers the phone as though they're reaching the office. It's been better that way because people are more apt to speak with someone when they think they're talking to an office. When they think they're talking to a service, they don't necessarily stay on the line. We had an answering service that we weren't so happy with. They were leaving people on hold, making people wait long, and not answering the phone for many rings. So, we made the switch to Abby. Then, we started out with using them after hours.

We were happy with the services, so we started using them throughout the day as overflow. So if we don't pick up the phone in a certain number of rings, we have them picking up the phone. It's worked out pretty well. We like that they'll answer our calls, and then they'll send us an email or they'll call directly to our line. If they can't get us, they send us an email with the information that we need, and then we call the people back. It's been a pretty good experience.

If I have a question or an issue, I've called and somebody has gotten on the phone with me and then it's been addressed. I've had a couple times where the individual that answered the phone maybe didn't have all the correct information, but that's been less so than in prior instances. We get pretty thorough messages that are left about what someone called about and what they need. They'll send us an email with that, and we can kind of parse through the message and determine whether it's an important call, not an important call or one we need to have.

Hello Carmine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, and we're delighted to know that we can be the helping hand that your firm needs throughout the day and after-hours! We know how important it can be for your firm to never miss a call, and your dedicated receptionist team and I are always readily available to help in any way that we can. We are very proud to hear about all the positive impacts we have made to your firm and to your clients. If there is anything you may need, please do not hesitate to reach out. We look forward to answering more of your calls!

Your Friendly Receptionist,

Sharley R.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

We work in a mortgage company. The branch has its own receptionist but we have to share them with everybody else in the office. The benefit of having Abby Connect is it's just for our team personally in the office. So, it's great. We sent an email to Abby so they can know where to filter the calls, whether it's to somebody who's in escrow or whether it's to somebody who's a new lead. They've done a really good job calling the right person when a borrower or a Realtor calls. They did a really good job filtering the calls for us. It's really important that we have the call go to the right person.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We love being an extension of your team and making things work smoothly for you over there. We look forward to helping your company continue to flourish!

Your friendly receptionist,

Sara A.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I like Abby Connect. Sometimes, they call the wrong line. It's hard to determine who they need to talk to. But if they call me, I lead them to the right direction, and they're very apologetic and nice about it. Then they connect it to the right person.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are truly sorry that we accidentally sent the calls to the wrong contact! We love taking your calls and being able to help out such a wonderful company! I can assure you that we will continue to offer your clients our best service and a beautiful smile :)

Your friendly receptionist,

Valerie P.

Original review: July 28, 2022

We use live answering and it has worked fairly well. The phone gets answered so we don't have to drop something and run to a phone at a desk and answer the phone to find out it's somebody in India trying to sell us car insurance. We talk with Abby's receptionists every day and they're polite. The service has solved our problems with not having somebody answering the phone all the time and fielding all the stupid calls and weeding them out.

Hello Nathan,

We appreciate you so much for taking the time in leaving us a review! So happy to hear that we're taking the load of answering calls off of you and your staff. We enjoy speaking with everyone on your team and we're here anytime to help.

Thank you again!

Original review: July 15, 2022

We've been using Abby for about two years now and we like their service a lot. We utilize their answering service. They're able to route our calls to different employees since we're not working in the office right now. They're helping with calendars as well. Abby is very helpful. I have a lead person that I speak with if we have issues and she's able to get back to me right away. We haven't had many issues but when do have them, she's able to correct them right away.

Hi Latia,

We appreciate you and everyone at Eric McGlothen, LLC! Thank you for leaving us a review. We're so happy to hear that we've been assisting you greatly with your phone answering and scheduling. We're happy to be of service! Yes, if anything does come up please don't hesitate to contact Jessica your fabulous Customer Success Manager.

Thanks again!

Original review: June 16, 2022

I was looking for a receptionist and they have a smaller minute package than anywhere else. We're a small business and I didn't use very many minutes, and they have the fewest. They’re good. It's nice that when DHL or FedEx or anybody calls, they get routed to our cellphone numbers.

Hi Kelli,

Thanks for leaving us a review, we greatly appreciate it! So happy to hear that we're routing important calls directly to your staff.

We're always here for you!

Abby Connect author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
    Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
    What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
    Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
    How does Abby Connect measure success?
    We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
    I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
    How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
    Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information