Call toll free
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has provided top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services since 2005. With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

Abby is well-known for flexible call handling, and small dedicated reception teams that answer for businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

Plans begin at $279/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial. Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Abby Connect Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I learned about Abby Connect at a conference about a year ago. I’m a small business but I got sick of fielding calls from solicitors and having clients call me when they didn’t have scheduled appointments, so I use the service mostly as a call filter for me. I’ve only been with them for about two months now, but even after just the first week, I realized how much less the phone is ringing so it has been nice. Even somebody who normally I would talk to calls, if it’s not a good time, it’s easier for me to just have Abby Connect deal with that rather than me picking it up and then trying to make an excuse for why I can’t talk right now. It helps a lot and I know that they screen a lot of my calls for me, so it makes a big difference for my work day.

I’m just still a little bit confused about messages. Sometimes I’ll get an email notifying me of a missed call. Sometimes I get an electronic voicemail. Sometimes I get like a transcribed voicemail. So, I’m not sure what the difference is and I don’t even know if there’s some inbox that I should be clearing out. But I haven’t made much of an effort to research that, so it’s not necessarily on them.

A couple of years ago, I tried one of their primary competitors for a call service and I let them go after like a month. I’m a female with a male name and my calls were letting me know that I was being referred to as he by my call center. And it stands out for me that Abby Connect has gotten that right when other companies couldn’t figure it out, even after me asking them several times to make note so that it was addressed.

Also, whenever I have a question or I contact support or any of the callers who call, everyone is really professional. I don’t know them at all but I feel that they’re a part of my team as opposed to me just feeling like somebody using a service and being just another client. Their team does a really good job of being friendly and personable. And they always help me whenever I have a question or I’m not sure about something.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for taking the time out of your workday to provide us with some great feedback. We always love hearing from fantastic clients like yourself! We remember meeting you at the conference last fall and we're glad you chose to try out our services. I'm so glad to hear you've noticed a big difference immediately. As a small business owner, I can only imagine how much you are working on every day! It's awesome to hear that we have been able to help with the filtering of your calls. Thank you for the great feedback and let us know if we can improve your service in any way!

Warm Regards,

Kaitlyn G.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I called around a few different companies and Abby seemed like the better fit for us. I man the phone almost 100% on my own but I like to go home at once. Primarily, I use Abby Connect to pick up the slack when I need to. They are able to take down the information and I don’t have to go through voicemails and call everybody every morning. I can go on to my emails and see the information they sent, most of which includes what I would normally get from the callers myself. I can then call and set up those appointments, versus having to listen to voice mails and missed calls.

Some of the caller people don’t like to leave voice mails and are more apt to talk to someone. Abby Connect also helps in the morning where my phone is blowing up, during that 8:00 to 9:00 slot when everybody is trying to call and I’m not in the office. I’m not getting my phone constantly ringing and me trying to manage that and drive.

We have used a call center a couple of years ago and we quit using them because they just wouldn’t get the information we needed. And no matter how many times we discuss with them what we really wanted, it never worked out. When we first started with Abby, there were a couple of little things to work out to make sure that they were getting the kind of information we needed, which they did well, and knowing which calls to forward to me, even if I had the phone forwarded to them. It took one phone conversation to let them know which calls are important and need to come to me, and also the ones that are not necessary. The slight adjustment was within that first couple of weeks that we were using them. I've recommended Abby Connect to a couple of different people that have been looking for a phone service. They are not the cheapest out there but it seems like a solid, good service, and I don’t have any issues.

Abby Connect response
Hi Brian, Thanks so much for the review! I'm so glad to hear that we've been able to integrate with your own call answering - we understand that you want to answer when you can! Many businesses like yours use us specifically to help them when they can't get to the phone or need to unplug after their normal hours but still need their callers taken care of. We're happy that having a quick easy list of people to call back first thing in the morning has helped you out. Please, as always, let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you!

Angelica

Original review: June 13, 2019

I’m new in this office and I cannot yet afford to hire a receptionist. I prefer not everybody be directed to an answering machine or voicemail. I feel like that’s unprofessional and so I used Abby Connect. I really like the way that they ring me and let me know who’s on the line. I can speak or ask them to put them through to my voicemail. In terms of what they offer, the best thing is having a live person answering my phone. I also like the email feature for voicemails. It’s a little extra to add the text feature but I’m gonna do that because I really like the voicemail text.

At the very beginning I did one of those intro sessions where they asked how I would like the phone to be answered and how different calls should be handled. Everyone I’ve spoken with has been really friendly and courteous the whole time so that’s been really nice. I also had a friend of mine call to set up an appointment and she told me they were great.

Personally, I feel like Abby Connect presents a more professional appearance and that is a big part of being a lawyer because so much of what I do is showing up to the courthouse, doing the paperwork, and meeting with clients. I guess so much of it depends on how clients perceive me and my business. So it’s really important for them to have the perception that I am competent and I am a good attorney, but they need to believe that too because lay people don’t necessarily understand a whole lot of what attorneys do, so there needs to be some level of trust. In order for them to have that, they have to feel like you’re legitimate so that helps with that. Overall, I’ve been really pleased with the service and I’m happy about it.

Abby Connect response

Hello Ellyn, Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback! I too love our transcribed voicemail to text feature as it makes our lives that much easier! It is our goal at Abby to provide the best customer experience at all times, for you and your clients! We genuinely enjoy being here for you and look forward to assisting you to your next phase as your business grows! Thank you for being a part of our family at Abby Connect!

Elaine M.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was doing research on an answering service and when I talked with a big company that I always hear on the radio, they told me that we were too small for them. Then, I did comparison shopping and I came across Abby Connect. I liked how they thought and what they had to say. I also liked that they are local and that they are in the same city I’m in. So, I called them up and they impressed me from the get-go, so they kinda won me over from day one. When I started working with them, I had nothing but positive experience from our initial account rep. In fact, I had a client who came in over the weekend and mentioned Mariah, the receptionist, by name. She told me about how great she was to talk to and I was telling Mariah that. So, we’re thrilled.

We've been using Abby Connect for six months now and I have recommended them. We use their virtual answering service and the voice. They also send the messages to us including text messages and emails. All of those are really convenient and our clients are much happier now. The perception is not that we’re not available, which is important because when we’re with clients, we don’t answer the phone because that’s inappropriate. So, that’s changed a lot, which is fabulous.

A couple of times, we didn’t get digital notifications of voicemails being there but we’ve had four actual voicemails in the six months that we've had Abby. Otherwise, people like to leave a message. All in all, I have been impressed with the quality of the service. I’ve had former clients come back after years of not being in the studio who mentioned to me how upbeat Abby Connect's reps are. They said that the way that people have answered the phone have been impressive and that they don't give a canned answer. It’s an answer that’s tailored to our business and how we do business. It feels very personal and that’s a big deal for us so that people would feel like they’re calling us, not a service. As a small business, that matters.

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of our services here at Abby Connect, we truly appreciate it. I'm so glad that you found us through your research and we have been able to provide great service to your company. We strive to add that personal touch for our client's callers and stand apart from the typical answering service experience. I'm truly excited to hear that we have provided you with such a great customer experience for the 6 months that you have been with us, we look forward to continuing our relationship with you! It's always a pleasure to answer your calls. Your account manager will follow up with you about voicemail notification to make sure everything is good. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Your Receptionist,

Mariah

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was doing research to find a virtual assistant. At which point, I found a review from a law firm saying that Abby Connect was a great service that was offered. It was a live receptionist, it was a monthly fee, they did excellent work, and it received excellent feedback from clients. My biggest concern was that they had experience dealing with law firms and that they were personable. When I first got on with Abby Connect for the first month in November and maybe a little bit in December, there were a few issues that I had with getting my calls forwarded from my office phone to Abby. But they helped me work through with AT&T to get that resolved.

I appreciate the live receptionist that Abby has. I like it too when they send me an email if for any reason I can’t take the call or if a call was made after hours. The email contains information on why that person called, what they needed, and the way to contact them. I appreciate having that form laid out perfectly and sent to my email directly. They also schedule through Calendly.

Partnering with Abby has been incredibly positive. Everyone has commented on how personable my staff or the receptionist is. I am at ease and I feel very confident knowing that if someone calls and I’m not available, someone would be there who would answer and can also schedule appointments. It’s been really great for the business as well as saving on expenses. But it'd be great if they could offer a service where they could do a follow-up call. For instance, maybe I could message them somehow to say, “Hey, can you contact this client to schedule an appointment?” That way I wouldn't have to make that call myself and take office time to do that.

Abby Connect response
Hello Welsley, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this amazing review which helps other attorneys find us just like you did. We are so glad we were able to work with AT&T to get those calling forwarding issues resolved. I'm glad you find our emails helpful if you can't take a call or if a caller calls after hours. At Abby, we pride ourselves on being personable and dependable in answering your calls. We are glad your experience has been positive and your business is saving on expenses by using our phone answering service. Your account manager will reach out to you about follow-up calls and how we can assist you with that. Thank you for choosing our services and we look forward to growing with your business.

Your Receptionist Team Lead, Holli

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I was looking for an alternative to Ruby and Easybee. I had been using Ruby for years and years, and they went through a huge growth. Their service changed, and it was really expensive. I started looking for companies and I found Abby, and I'm super happy with them. They screen our calls and connect based on actual validation of the phone call. We get a lot of sales calls from people trying to sell us stuff, so Abby pretty much screens every call that comes in.

Abby Connect response

Hi Brooke, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you found our service after looking for alternatives to the other options out there and that our pricing and quality standards are a better match for your business. Abby Connect is a small business focused on the clients we serve and the people who help us do that. In our time in business, we have remained and will continue to remain focused on our quality, training and the happiness of our staff and customers. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your service!

Best,

Marianne

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Since we're getting smaller to the point where we just can't handle the phones and the call volume, we partnered with Abby Connect. It has allowed us to focus on other things other than answering the phone. We worked with an account manager whose name is Alana. Any questions and concerns, I reach out to her. She's very quick in responding, which is pleasant. It's been very smooth. The whole transaction is really taking a load off, so I really appreciated it.

Hi Deric,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are happy to assist you so that you can focus on what matters most in your work! We understand that businesses get busy and handling a high volume of calls can take time from your important work. And, we will always be here to help! We do our very best to communicate in a quick and efficient fashion to better assist you and your business. It is our mission to make your business run more smoothly. We are more than happy to answer your calls and we really enjoy being your receptionists! Again, thank you so much for your positive review. It truly means a lot to us. Speak to you soon!

Kindest Regards,

Karla A.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

We have Abby Connect answering our phones and then they either email or connect us to the call. They're always very polite and everybody seems to be really attentive. However, our volume is very minimal, having less than 12 calls a week, and though the service is better than what we had before, it's kind of expensive. Other than that, our experience with them has been fine so far.

Hello Dede,

We truly appreciate your feedback! At Abby Connect we understand how important each call can be and the effect each call can have on your business. It's why we provide your callers with our complete attention and the professionalism that they deserve. We're so happy to hear that you are pleased with our services and that you have enjoyed the experience! We look forward to continuing working with you. If you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitate to call. We're here for you and your business. And, always happy to assist!

Your Abby Receptionist, Jazmin G.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was dissatisfied with my previous provider so I switched over to Abby Connect. Partnering with them with their answering service has been helpful to the business and the experience has been good. My interactions with their team have been excellent. They were professional.

Abby Connect response
Hi Lloyd, Thanks for your review! We appreciate you switching to Abby Connect. We're ecstatic to hear that we've been helpful to your business and that your experience with us have been good. We love answering your calls and are happy to be your receptionists. We thrive on providing the best customer service in order to give your clients a truly great customer experience. Happy clients equal a happy business! You're great! Thank you, again, for sharing your positive review. It truly means the world to us! We'll talk to you soon, Lloyd!
Kindest Regards, Your Receptionist,

Karla A

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Abby Connect was referred to us and the guy that worked with us at the time thought it was a good fit. I’ve had to deal with Abby Connect a couple of times, and it has been great. We've had the service for two months and we have them to answer calls. We don't really use it that much, but I definitely like it, and for what we’ve done, it has been fine. I’ve recommended it to people that need this type of service.

Abby Connect response
Hi Jon, Thank you so much for submitting your review! I'm so happy to hear you were referred to us and that you've been enjoying our services for the past few months. It's always a pleasure assisting you and your callers. We take great pride in our partnership with your company and look forward to growing your business.
Thanks for recommending us! We'll talk to you soon!
Your Receptionist,

Melissa Y.

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information