Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.76/5

Abby Connect has provided top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services since 2005. With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

Abby is well-known for flexible call handling, and small dedicated reception teams that answer for businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

Plans begin at $279/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial. Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Abby Connect Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I’ve had answering services in the past, but I’ve never been happy. There was no one trained and they could never pronounce my name. It was terrible. The people immediately knew that it was an answering service. I did a lot of homework this time. I went online and I read about seven different companies because I really needed a professional team. Then I talked to a woman at length. She told me all the things that I wanted to hear and also told me that I would have a team. And that team alone would always be answering my phone, which really impressed me.

I selected Abby Connect mostly because of the professionals that I talked to and answered my question. They gave me my quotes and sent me the documents. They immediately followed up and were always professional, and polite. Every time they called me, they were pleasant and they never sounded stressed. They were also immediately responsive and I figured it was a good indication of what the company was like.

I got to train them and all of my clients think that it is an in-house secretary. They’re amazing and I’m extremely happy with the service. Every one of the women was polite, upbeat, and professional. And they pronounce my name correctly. They also don’t put my clients on hold because they’re saturated with calls so I’m seeing an increase in office appointments. They answer my phones and I get to tell them whether I wanna take the call or not. If I don’t wanna take the call, then I get an email and I can call the numbers off the email upon receipt. Abby Connect is pricier than most but you get what you pay for. I was a little leery about 500 bucks a month, but one polite person on the phone can turn into an office appointment and a new retainer. So, it’s more than paying for itself. I’m elated.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had some feedback that came in an email thread and some client of mine out west said, “You know, I think Glenn’s the only one there doing it all.” So, I thought it might be helpful to have someone else grab the phone, particularly if I’m gonna be running around now, conducting a bunch of meetings as the business grows. So, I did a search on the internet for services like that and I wanted a live service and went through, and then I narrowed it down to two or three. I read reviews and there were so many. The reviews were fudged or faked on by various sources. But I read what I thought was independent reviews and Abby Connect always came out on top. We got them and I wasn’t too worried about the pricing because the prices were comparable. I've only had them for less than a year and them taking messages gives me a little more time.

I haven’t utilized all their sources and resources as of yet. I just switched over in my system here. I had a fax service too and I was paying almost $20 a month for that. I looked back at 2019, I had nine faxes, and my daughter who works for an interior design firm said, “Dad, nobody faxes anymore.” So, I rigged it up just to come in to my computer, the fax number. And I haven’t tried yet flipping over between this line and the fax line. Also, I would get as many as a dozen robocalls a day with an average of three to five. All of them were junk and a couple of them were political. But Abby Connect's huge help was eliminating the robocalls. I'm very pleased with them. My experience with Abby Connect has been very good so far. It has relieved me and I greatly appreciated it. I’m a one-man operation here, so it’s a huge help that the phone’s getting answered and messages are handled promptly.

​Hi Glenn,

Thank you so much! We do our very best at Abby Connect to help relieve the stress of answering calls so you can have more time for your busy work schedule. We're so glad that you have chosen our services out of all the others out there. All of our reviews are from customers who were interviewed by a 3rd party just like you were. We take great pride in answering your calls and delivering an exceptional service that people want to talk about. Thank you for trying us out and joining the Abby family!

Dayzjah

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I learned about Abby Connect at a conference about a year ago. I’m a small business but I got sick of fielding calls from solicitors and having clients call me when they didn’t have scheduled appointments, so I use the service mostly as a call filter for me. I’ve only been with them for about two months now, but even after just the first week, I realized how much less the phone is ringing so it has been nice. Even somebody who normally I would talk to calls, if it’s not a good time, it’s easier for me to just have Abby Connect deal with that rather than me picking it up and then trying to make an excuse for why I can’t talk right now. It helps a lot and I know that they screen a lot of my calls for me, so it makes a big difference for my work day.

I’m just still a little bit confused about messages. Sometimes I’ll get an email notifying me of a missed call. Sometimes I get an electronic voicemail. Sometimes I get like a transcribed voicemail. So, I’m not sure what the difference is and I don’t even know if there’s some inbox that I should be clearing out. But I haven’t made much of an effort to research that, so it’s not necessarily on them.

A couple of years ago, I tried one of their primary competitors for a call service and I let them go after like a month. I’m a female with a male name and my calls were letting me know that I was being referred to as he by my call center. And it stands out for me that Abby Connect has gotten that right when other companies couldn’t figure it out, even after me asking them several times to make note so that it was addressed.

Also, whenever I have a question or I contact support or any of the callers who call, everyone is really professional. I don’t know them at all but I feel that they’re a part of my team as opposed to me just feeling like somebody using a service and being just another client. Their team does a really good job of being friendly and personable. And they always help me whenever I have a question or I’m not sure about something.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for taking the time out of your workday to provide us with some great feedback. We always love hearing from fantastic clients like yourself! We remember meeting you at the conference last fall and we're glad you chose to try out our services. I'm so glad to hear you've noticed a big difference immediately. As a small business owner, I can only imagine how much you are working on every day! It's awesome to hear that we have been able to help with the filtering of your calls. Thank you for the great feedback and let us know if we can improve your service in any way!

Warm Regards,

Kaitlyn G.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I called around a few different companies and Abby seemed like the better fit for us. I man the phone almost 100% on my own but I like to go home at once. Primarily, I use Abby Connect to pick up the slack when I need to. They are able to take down the information and I don’t have to go through voicemails and call everybody every morning. I can go on to my emails and see the information they sent, most of which includes what I would normally get from the callers myself. I can then call and set up those appointments, versus having to listen to voice mails and missed calls.

Some of the caller people don’t like to leave voice mails and are more apt to talk to someone. Abby Connect also helps in the morning where my phone is blowing up, during that 8:00 to 9:00 slot when everybody is trying to call and I’m not in the office. I’m not getting my phone constantly ringing and me trying to manage that and drive.

We have used a call center a couple of years ago and we quit using them because they just wouldn’t get the information we needed. And no matter how many times we discuss with them what we really wanted, it never worked out. When we first started with Abby, there were a couple of little things to work out to make sure that they were getting the kind of information we needed, which they did well, and knowing which calls to forward to me, even if I had the phone forwarded to them. It took one phone conversation to let them know which calls are important and need to come to me, and also the ones that are not necessary. The slight adjustment was within that first couple of weeks that we were using them. I've recommended Abby Connect to a couple of different people that have been looking for a phone service. They are not the cheapest out there but it seems like a solid, good service, and I don’t have any issues.

Abby Connect response
    Hi Brian, Thanks so much for the review! I'm so glad to hear that we've been able to integrate with your own call answering - we understand that you want to answer when you can! Many businesses like yours use us specifically to help them when they can't get to the phone or need to unplug after their normal hours but still need their callers taken care of. We're happy that having a quick easy list of people to call back first thing in the morning has helped you out. Please, as always, let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you!

Angelica

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was doing research on an answering service and when I talked with a big company that I always hear on the radio, they told me that we were too small for them. Then, I did comparison shopping and I came across Abby Connect. I liked how they thought and what they had to say. I also liked that they are local and that they are in the same city I’m in. So, I called them up and they impressed me from the get-go, so they kinda won me over from day one. When I started working with them, I had nothing but positive experience from our initial account rep. In fact, I had a client who came in over the weekend and mentioned Mariah, the receptionist, by name. She told me about how great she was to talk to and I was telling Mariah that. So, we’re thrilled.

We've been using Abby Connect for six months now and I have recommended them. We use their virtual answering service and the voice. They also send the messages to us including text messages and emails. All of those are really convenient and our clients are much happier now. The perception is not that we’re not available, which is important because when we’re with clients, we don’t answer the phone because that’s inappropriate. So, that’s changed a lot, which is fabulous.

A couple of times, we didn’t get digital notifications of voicemails being there but we’ve had four actual voicemails in the six months that we've had Abby. Otherwise, people like to leave a message. All in all, I have been impressed with the quality of the service. I’ve had former clients come back after years of not being in the studio who mentioned to me how upbeat Abby Connect's reps are. They said that the way that people have answered the phone have been impressive and that they don't give a canned answer. It’s an answer that’s tailored to our business and how we do business. It feels very personal and that’s a big deal for us so that people would feel like they’re calling us, not a service. As a small business, that matters.

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of our services here at Abby Connect, we truly appreciate it. I'm so glad that you found us through your research and we have been able to provide great service to your company. We strive to add that personal touch for our client's callers and stand apart from the typical answering service experience. I'm truly excited to hear that we have provided you with such a great customer experience for the 6 months that you have been with us, we look forward to continuing our relationship with you! It's always a pleasure to answer your calls. Your account manager will follow up with you about voicemail notification to make sure everything is good. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Mariah

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I like the fact that Abby Connect called me back. They were very responsive. I use them mostly for form inputs and call transferring. Since then, I've had less time answering calls, so less interruptions for me. I talked to the guy that handled all the set-up. He was very good, very quick, answered all the questions and proposed different ideas when concerns came up. Overall, my experience withe them has been good. The price is a bit on the high side, but I'm not looking to make any changes at this point.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

We're a small startup business and we were using Opus Virtual Office. But that wasn't really working too great so we were looking for a little bit better service. We found Abby Connect and read the reviews. It's been wonderful. We do the live answering service. They text and email us any caller information. Before, all the calls were to my cellphone. If I were doing something else, we would miss calls. Now, we know all of our calls are being answered by a live person and life is good. I'm very happy.

Hello Connor,

Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Abby Connect. As you already know, our reviews say a lot about the quality of our service here. To see your wonderful review reassures us that we're doing a great job fulfilling the needs of clients, like yourself. We love answering your phone calls and are happy making absolutely certain that you never miss one. Thank you so much, again, for your kind words.

Your Friendly Receptionist,

Christina

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Business is growing to where we needed to have somebody answering the phone at all times. We utilized Abby Connect's service for reception calls and transferring. It's helped us in a sense of at least having a live person answering the phone. Everybody from their team seems to be very friendly, as well.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

We needed a way to screen out the junk calls. We went with Abby Connect and their service has been beneficial. However, our phone system has extensions and we don't have a bunch of direct phone lines. Since Abby is outside of our network, it doesn't really seamlessly integrate with our extensions. So, we've had to kind of use a band-aid on that.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I found Abby Connect on the internet and I liked their website. I'm using them for live answering and it's been great so far. I don’t think we've missed any calls, so it's all good.

Hello Richard,

We're so happy to hear that you haven't missed any calls since you've signed up with Abby Connect. Part of what we pride ourselves in is our dedication to answering all incoming calls in a timely manner. And, that we handle each call properly and professionally. Thank you so much for your business and your review! We look forward to answering your calls this year and for many more to come. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Alexis

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
    Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
    What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
    Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
    How does Abby Connect measure success?
    We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
    I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
    How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
    Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information