Call toll free
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has provided top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services since 2005. With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

Abby is well-known for flexible call handling, and small dedicated reception teams that answer for businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

Plans begin at $279/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial. Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Abby Connect Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I called around a few different companies and Abby seemed like the better fit for us. I man the phone almost 100% on my own but I like to go home at once. Primarily, I use Abby Connect to pick up the slack when I need to. They are able to take down the information and I don’t have to go through voicemails and call everybody every morning. I can go on to my emails and see the information they sent, most of which includes what I would normally get from the callers myself. I can then call and set up those appointments, versus having to listen to voice mails and missed calls.

Some of the caller people don’t like to leave voice mails and are more apt to talk to someone. Abby Connect also helps in the morning where my phone is blowing up, during that 8:00 to 9:00 slot when everybody is trying to call and I’m not in the office. I’m not getting my phone constantly ringing and me trying to manage that and drive.

We have used a call center a couple of years ago and we quit using them because they just wouldn’t get the information we needed. And no matter how many times we discuss with them what we really wanted, it never worked out. When we first started with Abby, there were a couple of little things to work out to make sure that they were getting the kind of information we needed, which they did well, and knowing which calls to forward to me, even if I had the phone forwarded to them. It took one phone conversation to let them know which calls are important and need to come to me, and also the ones that are not necessary. The slight adjustment was within that first couple of weeks that we were using them. I've recommended Abby Connect to a couple of different people that have been looking for a phone service. They are not the cheapest out there but it seems like a solid, good service, and I don’t have any issues.

Abby Connect response
Hi Brian, Thanks so much for the review! I'm so glad to hear that we've been able to integrate with your own call answering - we understand that you want to answer when you can! Many businesses like yours use us specifically to help them when they can't get to the phone or need to unplug after their normal hours but still need their callers taken care of. We're happy that having a quick easy list of people to call back first thing in the morning has helped you out. Please, as always, let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you!

Angelica

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I’m new in this office and I cannot yet afford to hire a receptionist. I prefer not everybody be directed to an answering machine or voicemail. I feel like that’s unprofessional and so I used Abby Connect. I really like the way that they ring me and let me know who’s on the line. I can speak or ask them to put them through to my voicemail. In terms of what they offer, the best thing is having a live person answering my phone. I also like the email feature for voicemails. It’s a little extra to add the text feature but I’m gonna do that because I really like the voicemail text.

At the very beginning I did one of those intro sessions where they asked how I would like the phone to be answered and how different calls should be handled. Everyone I’ve spoken with has been really friendly and courteous the whole time so that’s been really nice. I also had a friend of mine call to set up an appointment and she told me they were great.

Personally, I feel like Abby Connect presents a more professional appearance and that is a big part of being a lawyer because so much of what I do is showing up to the courthouse, doing the paperwork, and meeting with clients. I guess so much of it depends on how clients perceive me and my business. So it’s really important for them to have the perception that I am competent and I am a good attorney, but they need to believe that too because lay people don’t necessarily understand a whole lot of what attorneys do, so there needs to be some level of trust. In order for them to have that, they have to feel like you’re legitimate so that helps with that. Overall, I’ve been really pleased with the service and I’m happy about it.

Abby Connect response

Hello Ellyn, Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback! I too love our transcribed voicemail to text feature as it makes our lives that much easier! It is our goal at Abby to provide the best customer experience at all times, for you and your clients! We genuinely enjoy being here for you and look forward to assisting you to your next phase as your business grows! Thank you for being a part of our family at Abby Connect!

Elaine M.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was doing research on an answering service and when I talked with a big company that I always hear on the radio, they told me that we were too small for them. Then, I did comparison shopping and I came across Abby Connect. I liked how they thought and what they had to say. I also liked that they are local and that they are in the same city I’m in. So, I called them up and they impressed me from the get-go, so they kinda won me over from day one. When I started working with them, I had nothing but positive experience from our initial account rep. In fact, I had a client who came in over the weekend and mentioned Mariah, the receptionist, by name. She told me about how great she was to talk to and I was telling Mariah that. So, we’re thrilled.

We've been using Abby Connect for six months now and I have recommended them. We use their virtual answering service and the voice. They also send the messages to us including text messages and emails. All of those are really convenient and our clients are much happier now. The perception is not that we’re not available, which is important because when we’re with clients, we don’t answer the phone because that’s inappropriate. So, that’s changed a lot, which is fabulous.

A couple of times, we didn’t get digital notifications of voicemails being there but we’ve had four actual voicemails in the six months that we've had Abby. Otherwise, people like to leave a message. All in all, I have been impressed with the quality of the service. I’ve had former clients come back after years of not being in the studio who mentioned to me how upbeat Abby Connect's reps are. They said that the way that people have answered the phone have been impressive and that they don't give a canned answer. It’s an answer that’s tailored to our business and how we do business. It feels very personal and that’s a big deal for us so that people would feel like they’re calling us, not a service. As a small business, that matters.

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of our services here at Abby Connect, we truly appreciate it. I'm so glad that you found us through your research and we have been able to provide great service to your company. We strive to add that personal touch for our client's callers and stand apart from the typical answering service experience. I'm truly excited to hear that we have provided you with such a great customer experience for the 6 months that you have been with us, we look forward to continuing our relationship with you! It's always a pleasure to answer your calls. Your account manager will follow up with you about voicemail notification to make sure everything is good. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Mariah

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I tested three different companies’ services out for a free trial, and found that the girls that answered my phones from Abby Connect seemed to be the most energetic, outgoing, and professional. They answer my calls very quickly and professionally. I also appreciated the call recording they were offering. Not every other company was able to get me instant call recordings from the calls that came in, so I could review those calls at a later time.

My rep at Abby Connect has been great. She has been very responsive and communicative and we have a good relationship going. Abby Connect is more expensive and on the higher end of the cost and if you compare, there are a lot of cheaper services out there. However, when I call in to a doctor’s office and the other companies are answering service calls, they are so monotone on the phone and there are always those weird sounds in the background of other people talking. It doesn’t seem very professional and I wanted to pay for extra for a service that I knew was gonna be a premium service. And that’s what I feel that I have with Abby Connect. It's the best solution that I could find, but I wish they were cheaper.

I enjoy the portal I have that I log in to to check everything. There were some technical changes that I requested that they could make to improve the portal a bit. Back on September 20th, my rep Marianne said that the software development team has been trying to make some significant changes or fix what I was having issues with, but I haven’t seen those changes yet. They said they were working on that a few months ago, but I haven’t seen that happen yet and was hoping to see that. They told me that they were going to be coming out with an app for our phone soon that hasn’t been released. There is an announcement area on the dashboard and the last announcement date was from 9/1/18. There should be some updates and I’m still waiting for them.

There is a bit of a lag time on some of the stuff, but it doesn’t really affect the core solution. When I listen to the call logs, I have to download it, but I’d rather go straight to the website and just hit the play button and play it through the website instead of having to download a WAV file, then use a third-party app to play it. They said they are working on that. The calls are recorded up until I answer the call and I was hoping there would be a way for me to optionally record my part of the conversation if I wanted to, but they said they can’t do that right now. I get a lot of sales calls and spam calls, and some of Abby Connect's other competitors won’t charge me for those calls. But Abby Connect does and it would be nice if they would do the same thing as what their competitors do. That would give Abby Connect a bit of an edge.

Abby Connect response

Jason, thank you for your review! We are extremely grateful that you choose us over three other companies for your answering needs. We take pride in providing professional, outgoing receptionists for your wonderful clients. We also dislike calling a business and reaching a monotone voice, which is why we offer a higher quality service and train our receptionists to be helpful and energetic. We want to have your clients excited to call your company and receive the best customer service.

Marianne, your account manager, is very loyal to her clients and I love hearing that she has been great to work with. She is always available to help with your account. I know she has reached out to you to make sure your portal needs are more satisfying for you. We want your experience easy and successful for you.

Thank you for your feedback and for trusting us with your valuable clients.

Best Regards, Gail

Abby Connect Management Team

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Abby Connect was listed positively and there are really positive reviews from others so I went ahead and tried their free trial. That was incredibly helpful because it proved the fact that they were incredibly useful towards our business. Surprisingly, it was a phenomenal experience from the get-go. Before, we had an automated recording saying that most of the answers can be found online and that customer can check out our FAQs. If they really needed something to get answered, they could leave a message and expect a call back within about five hours. But that wasn’t a really good experience for a guest.

Having Abby Connect definitely impacted the business in a positive way. It’s nice to get a person on the line. In fact, we're a unique customer for Abby Connect in the sense that everyone else uses them mostly for answering service or while you’re out of the office. But we are actually having them perform services that are a bit more advanced in the sense that they’re looking at some of our FAQs. They’re able to look into our system and see if you have a reservation. Then if it’s a more complex thing, they try to escalate it to one of us depending on where the problem is. When they forward the call to us, at least then we would know that it may be an urgent thing or a callback. If it’s not urgent, Abby Connect would take a message and say that we would call the guest back.

We’ve figured out a workflow too. We went back and forth with regards to figuring out how to better be able to answer some of the questions, tweaking the flow of when to reach out and telling someone when and when not to escalate something and who it should be escalated to. Their portal is really easy to use and in addition to the calls getting answered, we also get a notice for every call. There’s a call log that comes in to all of us so we have a distribution list, like a little summary of the calls that came in, if they were able to capture the name of the person, the number and what the call was regarding. It helps us get some feedback of what people are calling about and where we can maybe add information to the website to better the user experience.

I know that Abby Connect is more of a call answering service but I wish they can go one step deeper and allow our customers to place orders over the phone. That’s how our customers wanted to call in. So we have to basically say that for security reasons, and this is also on Abby Connect’s part, they have to go online and place their order there. But it also helps because a lot of our legal stuff is through signature by virtual documents. So we make sure that they have a working connection already, in order to be able to do that, because it won’t work over the phone. Other than that, the people at Abby Connect are super. They’re always willing and able to help. They’re also willing to go above and beyond, and that was what we wanted.

Abby Connect response

Hi Aleks, Thank you for switching over your live receptionist service to us! We are happy to hear you are pleased with our services from the get-go. Our receptionists pride themselves on offering a more personal feel as opposed to an automated recording. We are ecstatic to hear we’ve positively impacted your business. Abby Connect values the relationships with our clients and we encourage you to continue adjusting the call procedures and workflow best suited for your needs with your account manager. If you ever have suggestions on how to improve our service or new ideas for features, we'd love to hear them. Reach out to your account manager anytime to share your feedback. We look forward to assisting you in any future needs. Your receptionist, Valeria

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was dissatisfied with my previous provider so I switched over to Abby Connect. Partnering with them with their answering service has been helpful to the business and the experience has been good. My interactions with their team have been excellent. They were professional.

Abby Connect response
Hi Lloyd, Thanks for your review! We appreciate you switching to Abby Connect. We're ecstatic to hear that we've been helpful to your business and that your experience with us have been good. We love answering your calls and are happy to be your receptionists. We thrive on providing the best customer service in order to give your clients a truly great customer experience. Happy clients equal a happy business! You're great! Thank you, again, for sharing your positive review. It truly means the world to us! We'll talk to you soon, Lloyd!
Kindest Regards, Your Receptionist,

Karla A

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Abby Connect was referred to us and the guy that worked with us at the time thought it was a good fit. I’ve had to deal with Abby Connect a couple of times, and it has been great. We've had the service for two months and we have them to answer calls. We don't really use it that much, but I definitely like it, and for what we’ve done, it has been fine. I’ve recommended it to people that need this type of service.

Abby Connect response
Hi Jon, Thank you so much for submitting your review! I'm so happy to hear you were referred to us and that you've been enjoying our services for the past few months. It's always a pleasure assisting you and your callers. We take great pride in our partnership with your company and look forward to growing your business.
Thanks for recommending us! We'll talk to you soon!

Melissa Y.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Having Abby Connect has been of vital impact to our business. We were able to create a business that had a professional front side to it that we didn't have before. I had used a similar service in the past but didn't like them. I googled answering services, then found Abby Connect and I liked their philosophy of only having four or five people answering the calls. Also, the price point seemed reasonable for what I was looking for. We use the answering service, and then the voicemail form, and it’s pretty straightforward. It was a good solution for what we were looking for. They triaged the calls and they’ve been very professional. Their sales team was great, and as a whole, they have done everything very well. We’ve even thought about having them move to our other business.

Abby Connect response
Hi Tony! We are so happy that you enjoy our services and that we've been helping give your business a professional image! Having dedicated answering teams for our clients allows us to provide a consistent service for you and your clients. We pride ourselves in our quick onboarding and exceptional customer experience to make the day to day workload easier on our clients. I have enjoyed taking your calls and being able to connect with your callers. We'd love to answer for your other business!

Brittany

Original review: July 17, 2019

We switched over to Abby Connect about two months ago to not have to worry about answering the phone so often. They send us email messages and stuff, and it has freed up some time.

Hi Christopher,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Abby Connect as your virtual receptionist. We are glad that we are able to free up your time for your business so you don't have to worry about your phones. We look forward to taking your next call.

Mariah

Original review: July 4, 2019

I use Abby Connect's virtual receptionist service and it took my business to make people think that someone here is answering the phone, so in that way I don't miss any calls. Dealing with them has been very good and they’re always cheerful. They do a good job. I just don’t know if they could have an app where you could changeover the number through your phone when you’re not there. The only issue I have is that sometimes I'm not around to do the call forwarding, and I don’t know if there’s a way to do that through my phone. I have a part-time secretary, so let’s say she has to leave and now I have no phone coverage. So, I'm not in the office, if there was a way to do it remotely. Nevertheless, I would recommend Abby Connect. They also looked like the most reasonably priced option.

Abby Connect response
Hi Frank, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review. Here at Abby we pride ourselves in being cheerful and making sure you never miss a call. It is absolutely wonderful to know we are hitting our mark!

We always want to make your experience better. Your account manager will be in touch with you about some tips for call forwarding options, which is done through your phone carrier.

Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule and for your feedback!

Elizabeth L.

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information