4.8/5 (391 ratings)

About Abby Connect

Abby Connect states that it does everything with the mission of revolutionizing the small business customer experience to convert more callers into customers. The company uses a proprietary development program to ensure its live virtual receptionists are trained to provide professional and personable customer service to help businesses impress their callers and grow.

Abby Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Abby Connect has been a lifesaver. We have it set up for certain types of calls that goes to specific people. But some of those people are no longer here. So, all the calls are coming back to me. But we're using Abby for screening because there are times where we're short-staffed. I had eye surgery, we had someone quit and we had a tech cut his finger off. We can pause Abby for a while but it offers too much value. They're being very useful. There are times where I need to change something and I just shoot Alexandra and Christina, the reps at Abby, an email and they fix it. There were hiccups in the very beginning but there are hiccups in everything. Abby has helped in that they'll call and say they have so and so on the line and I’ll ask them to send it through. But whenever they call and it’s a solicitor, I tell them, "Voicemail." So, they've been amazing.

Get buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The service is good, and we like Abby. We were with another answering service, then we gave Abby Connect a try and what they offered was great overall. They catch stuff and try to do damage control if they feel something didn't go quite right. They're good about calling and letting me know about a situation, if it was one of our clients that they don't think is gonna be so happy, but they tried everything they could, and they sent recordings. They're very proactive, as if our customers and clients are theirs, and get problems solved.

Anything I inquired about, I've always been given an answer, and everything has always worked out smoothly. Even down to voicemail setups, transferring calls and the staff, everything has been working pretty good. We went from using them part-time to eliminating our phone person and just using Abby. I would absolutely recommend them. It's an all-in-one service, and they really try to provide excellent customer service. We don't have any complaints, and our attorneys are hard to please. We haven't had the need to run anywhere or look for any other solutions.

Hello TaWana,

We appreciate you so much for taking the time to share these kind words about your experience partnering with us. I'm so glad that through our quick responses to any changes you have needed we have been able to help your firm run more smoothly. We really enjoy alleviating any stress from your day-to-day so you can focus on growing your firm. We're so happy to know that Abby Connect has been a better fit for you and your team! Thank you so much again for your review!

Your Receptionist,

Mariah L.

Original review: March 30, 2022

We are an independent insurance agency, and we have a full time receptionist that also has other responsibilities. The goal is to have every call answered live by someone, and with only one person, that's difficult to do. We were having calls go to our IVR decision tree, and that wasn't the experience that we wanted, so we started looking for a virtual receptionist. I tried another company first, which was very disappointing in every way that matters, then I reached out to Abby as our second choice.

Abby Connect is answering the phone with a specific script, which the company I used before didn't tell me this initially, but once we got onboarding with them, they said, “Oh, we don't use scripts. You can't tell us the way that you want the calls answered.” With Abby, not only are they answering the phone following the script that we gave, but also, they're fielding some calls to keep it from going to some of our back office folks by asking some questions and putting the information into an email and sending it to us. That willingness to work with us is saving our staff time, which allows them to be more profitable and productive. Abby is helping us grow our bottom line, because whatever we've asked them to do, they have done.

The rep, Alexandra, has been great to work with, and the other thing that I really liked about Abby is the portal that not only do we have the ability to update with, “I'm going to be out this afternoon,” but also, their ability to store the script in the portal. To be able to go in, if I want to make a modification in the script, I just go to the portal and that's instantly pushed out to the team. We can change our packages and how many minutes we want. We can also look back at past history. They put a lot of tools into the portal that makes it very easy to manage the account with Abby. The only thing is every time I do a test call, I find that the receptionists are very consistent in the way that they answer the phone. They do follow the script. They do provide a great customer experience, and I’m very glad we found them. I’ve recommended them to a couple of agencies.

Hi Tom!

We’re grateful and overjoyed that you’ve taken the time to write us such a glowing review. It makes us proud to know that our customizable service has been able to support your staff, so they can be more efficient and profitable in their everyday duties. We look forward to continue providing the best possible service to you and your firm!

Your Friendly Receptionist,

Jany R.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Working with them, they were very professional and thorough. They've been handling the inbound calls and getting them where they're supposed to go. It alleviates the wasted time and energy that I had to put forth to make sure that's getting done. We had to do a test where we were doing outreach to potential clients. And so, we created a separate phone number for people to respond and handle those calls a little bit differently. It worked really well. It was easy to set up. It was also beneficial to do the exercise.

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your review! Alleviating stress from your day-to-day tasks is exactly what your team of live receptionists and I are here to help you with. Also, thank you for allowing us to be a seamless extension of your team. I'm glad to know that our outbound call feature was easy to set up and is going well for you. Your callers will always be well tended to, from your end and ours, and it makes their experience as perfect as can be! We look forward to continuing to offer a professional, welcoming customer experience!

Your Friendly Receptionist,

Jovan L.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I'm not super impressed with Abby. I've had to make complaints a couple of times about some of the quality of the representatives answering the phone or having them coached. I had representatives that were stumbling around and then the clients were going, “Who is this person? Why don't they know how to say the company's name.” I actually dropped Puget Sound from the name because the representatives weren't saying it correctly and people were asking me why I'm hiring people who don't even know how to say the major body of water that's by here.

Getting changes done is a bit of a challenge. It's not an immediate, “Add this person.” It will take me sometimes several days to get somebody new added to the account. They could have better technology where if I want to add somebody in, I can click and say, “This is my new operations manager. This is the call list order.” I shouldn't have to reach out to a representative and wait four days for an email to come in. Also, one representative called and apologized for bothering me, which is costing me money. If you're bringing a call in, I just want to hear, “I have Jessica on the line from here and this is what it is.” I don't want chatter ringing up my bill. They also record the calls, but they only record the calls for their representatives and they don't record the two-way conversation that goes on.

Hello Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share with us some of your concerns and feedback on how we can improve our services. We are saddened to hear that you are not impressed and as your dedicated Customer Success Manager, my main priority is to always ensure that your live receptionist team and I are doing everything we can to provide you with a great experience with our partnership. Our goal is to serve as an extension of your business and in doing so we do take the time to learn about your business. I understand how the mispronunciation of the location in your greeting could have an impact on your business, and I’m glad that we were able to discuss other options for your customizable phone greeting. I’ve spoken with your receptionist team and have been working with them on getting your calls routed a bit faster and more efficiently.

I wanted to apologize for the request for a new contact to be added to your account taking a bit longer than usual. Unfortunately, the request wasn’t sent to my email directly, so I was not notified of this update until I was back in the office, in which I was able to get your new contact added to your account. We are currently working on a new way for our clients to be able to do contact and account updates on their end. Implementing our double-sided call recording feature is something that I can certainly set up for you. I'll be reaching out to you soon so we can have you set up with that feature. Please do not hesitate to reach me if you have any other updates, questions, or concerns. I look forward to speaking with you.

Your Customer Success Manager,

Jessica Y.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

We enjoy Abby Connect's service. It was very easy to set up with them and make changes. They do what they say they're gonna do.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

We are happy with what Abby offers. They provide an excellent service for us. They're taking our calls and filtering those to the appropriate people. They've been a tremendous help. We are a small family-owned business, and we're not in the office 100% of the time. Having Abby helps us not lose communications with our customers just because we're on a flexible schedule.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

We have them as a receptionist to answer calls when we are not in the office. We also have them take messages if we are on the phone and unable to get another call coming in. The first month or two, they were wonderful. Then, things started to slide in the sense that the messages they were sending to us had inaccurate information and misspellings. Other than that, we've had a couple of different account managers and their responses to any concerns have been wonderful. If there is ever an issue and we email about it, we get a response immediately, which is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

We don't keep anybody in the office all the time and we needed to have a little better customer service. People call in and they get an answering machine. With Abby Connect, we’re serving our customers that call better. I'm able to screen calls better because they screen the junk calls but for the customers, they get somebody to talk to. Abby Connect is able to put them through to me or one of my guys when we're out in the field. As the owner of the company, I'm trying to wean people off calling my cell phone all the time. Everything's been good with Abby so far.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

We love Abby Connect. They're very professional and do a good job speaking with our customers and in relaying the messages through. I love the logs where we can go back and look. It's a convenient and professional service.

Abby Connect author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
    Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
    What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
    Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
    How does Abby Connect measure success?
    We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
    I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
    How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
    Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information