Visit Website
Accredited Partner

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.72/5

Abby Connect has provided top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services since 2005. With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

Abby is well-known for flexible call handling, and small dedicated reception teams that answer for businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

Plans begin at $279/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial. Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
View More View More

Abby Connect Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I’ve had answering services in the past, but I’ve never been happy. There was no one trained and they could never pronounce my name. It was terrible. The people immediately knew that it was an answering service. I did a lot of homework this time. I went online and I read about seven different companies because I really needed a professional team. Then I talked to a woman at length. She told me all the things that I wanted to hear and also told me that I would have a team. And that team alone would always be answering my phone, which really impressed me.

I selected Abby Connect mostly because of the professionals that I talked to and answered my question. They gave me my quotes and sent me the documents. They immediately followed up and were always professional, and polite. Every time they called me, they were pleasant and they never sounded stressed. They were also immediately responsive and I figured it was a good indication of what the company was like.

I got to train them and all of my clients think that it is an in-house secretary. They’re amazing and I’m extremely happy with the service. Every one of the women was polite, upbeat, and professional. And they pronounce my name correctly. They also don’t put my clients on hold because they’re saturated with calls so I’m seeing an increase in office appointments. They answer my phones and I get to tell them whether I wanna take the call or not. If I don’t wanna take the call, then I get an email and I can call the numbers off the email upon receipt. Abby Connect is pricier than most but you get what you pay for. I was a little leery about 500 bucks a month, but one polite person on the phone can turn into an office appointment and a new retainer. So, it’s more than paying for itself. I’m elated.

Hi Douglas,

We're absolutely ecstatic and grateful for your review! Thank you so much! Here at Abby Connect, communication is very important to us. We care about our clients and our client's clients because your people are our people.

Being able to offer dedicated answering teams to our clients allows us to better customize the experience and increase familiarity between your team, you, and your clients. We're also so happy to hear that you've had an increase in new appointments and we hope that helps you continue to grow your business.

As a receptionist on your team at Abby Connect, I want to personally thank you for giving us the opportunity to WOW you and your callers! In a world full of so much noise, we're not just listening. We HEAR you and we're always here for you.

Thanks Again!

Macie M.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had some feedback that came in an email thread and some client of mine out west said, “You know, I think Glenn’s the only one there doing it all.” So, I thought it might be helpful to have someone else grab the phone, particularly if I’m gonna be running around now, conducting a bunch of meetings as the business grows. So, I did a search on the internet for services like that and I wanted a live service and went through, and then I narrowed it down to two or three. I read reviews and there were so many. The reviews were fudged or faked on by various sources. But I read what I thought was independent reviews and Abby Connect always came out on top. We got them and I wasn’t too worried about the pricing because the prices were comparable. I've only had them for less than a year and them taking messages gives me a little more time.

I haven’t utilized all their sources and resources as of yet. I just switched over in my system here. I had a fax service too and I was paying almost $20 a month for that. I looked back at 2019, I had nine faxes, and my daughter who works for an interior design firm said, “Dad, nobody faxes anymore.” So, I rigged it up just to come in to my computer, the fax number. And I haven’t tried yet flipping over between this line and the fax line. Also, I would get as many as a dozen robocalls a day with an average of three to five. All of them were junk and a couple of them were political. But Abby Connect's huge help was eliminating the robocalls. I'm very pleased with them. My experience with Abby Connect has been very good so far. It has relieved me and I greatly appreciated it. I’m a one-man operation here, so it’s a huge help that the phone’s getting answered and messages are handled promptly.

​Hi Glenn,

Thank you so much! We do our very best at Abby Connect to help relieve the stress of answering calls so you can have more time for your busy work schedule. We're so glad that you have chosen our services out of all the others out there. All of our reviews are from customers who were interviewed by a 3rd party just like you were. We take great pride in answering your calls and delivering an exceptional service that people want to talk about. Thank you for trying us out and joining the Abby family!

Dayzjah

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I learned about Abby Connect at a conference about a year ago. I’m a small business but I got sick of fielding calls from solicitors and having clients call me when they didn’t have scheduled appointments, so I use the service mostly as a call filter for me. I’ve only been with them for about two months now, but even after just the first week, I realized how much less the phone is ringing so it has been nice. Even somebody who normally I would talk to calls, if it’s not a good time, it’s easier for me to just have Abby Connect deal with that rather than me picking it up and then trying to make an excuse for why I can’t talk right now. It helps a lot and I know that they screen a lot of my calls for me, so it makes a big difference for my work day.

I’m just still a little bit confused about messages. Sometimes I’ll get an email notifying me of a missed call. Sometimes I get an electronic voicemail. Sometimes I get like a transcribed voicemail. So, I’m not sure what the difference is and I don’t even know if there’s some inbox that I should be clearing out. But I haven’t made much of an effort to research that, so it’s not necessarily on them.

A couple of years ago, I tried one of their primary competitors for a call service and I let them go after like a month. I’m a female with a male name and my calls were letting me know that I was being referred to as he by my call center. And it stands out for me that Abby Connect has gotten that right when other companies couldn’t figure it out, even after me asking them several times to make note so that it was addressed.

Also, whenever I have a question or I contact support or any of the callers who call, everyone is really professional. I don’t know them at all but I feel that they’re a part of my team as opposed to me just feeling like somebody using a service and being just another client. Their team does a really good job of being friendly and personable. And they always help me whenever I have a question or I’m not sure about something.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for taking the time out of your workday to provide us with some great feedback. We always love hearing from fantastic clients like yourself! We remember meeting you at the conference last fall and we're glad you chose to try out our services. I'm so glad to hear you've noticed a big difference immediately. As a small business owner, I can only imagine how much you are working on every day! It's awesome to hear that we have been able to help with the filtering of your calls. Thank you for the great feedback and let us know if we can improve your service in any way!

Warm Regards,

Kaitlyn G.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I called around a few different companies and Abby seemed like the better fit for us. I man the phone almost 100% on my own but I like to go home at once. Primarily, I use Abby Connect to pick up the slack when I need to. They are able to take down the information and I don’t have to go through voicemails and call everybody every morning. I can go on to my emails and see the information they sent, most of which includes what I would normally get from the callers myself. I can then call and set up those appointments, versus having to listen to voice mails and missed calls.

Some of the caller people don’t like to leave voice mails and are more apt to talk to someone. Abby Connect also helps in the morning where my phone is blowing up, during that 8:00 to 9:00 slot when everybody is trying to call and I’m not in the office. I’m not getting my phone constantly ringing and me trying to manage that and drive.

We have used a call center a couple of years ago and we quit using them because they just wouldn’t get the information we needed. And no matter how many times we discuss with them what we really wanted, it never worked out. When we first started with Abby, there were a couple of little things to work out to make sure that they were getting the kind of information we needed, which they did well, and knowing which calls to forward to me, even if I had the phone forwarded to them. It took one phone conversation to let them know which calls are important and need to come to me, and also the ones that are not necessary. The slight adjustment was within that first couple of weeks that we were using them. I've recommended Abby Connect to a couple of different people that have been looking for a phone service. They are not the cheapest out there but it seems like a solid, good service, and I don’t have any issues.

Abby Connect response
    Hi Brian, Thanks so much for the review! I'm so glad to hear that we've been able to integrate with your own call answering - we understand that you want to answer when you can! Many businesses like yours use us specifically to help them when they can't get to the phone or need to unplug after their normal hours but still need their callers taken care of. We're happy that having a quick easy list of people to call back first thing in the morning has helped you out. Please, as always, let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you!

Angelica

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was doing research on an answering service and when I talked with a big company that I always hear on the radio, they told me that we were too small for them. Then, I did comparison shopping and I came across Abby Connect. I liked how they thought and what they had to say. I also liked that they are local and that they are in the same city I’m in. So, I called them up and they impressed me from the get-go, so they kinda won me over from day one. When I started working with them, I had nothing but positive experience from our initial account rep. In fact, I had a client who came in over the weekend and mentioned Mariah, the receptionist, by name. She told me about how great she was to talk to and I was telling Mariah that. So, we’re thrilled.

We've been using Abby Connect for six months now and I have recommended them. We use their virtual answering service and the voice. They also send the messages to us including text messages and emails. All of those are really convenient and our clients are much happier now. The perception is not that we’re not available, which is important because when we’re with clients, we don’t answer the phone because that’s inappropriate. So, that’s changed a lot, which is fabulous.

A couple of times, we didn’t get digital notifications of voicemails being there but we’ve had four actual voicemails in the six months that we've had Abby. Otherwise, people like to leave a message. All in all, I have been impressed with the quality of the service. I’ve had former clients come back after years of not being in the studio who mentioned to me how upbeat Abby Connect's reps are. They said that the way that people have answered the phone have been impressive and that they don't give a canned answer. It’s an answer that’s tailored to our business and how we do business. It feels very personal and that’s a big deal for us so that people would feel like they’re calling us, not a service. As a small business, that matters.

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of our services here at Abby Connect, we truly appreciate it. I'm so glad that you found us through your research and we have been able to provide great service to your company. We strive to add that personal touch for our client's callers and stand apart from the typical answering service experience. I'm truly excited to hear that we have provided you with such a great customer experience for the 6 months that you have been with us, we look forward to continuing our relationship with you! It's always a pleasure to answer your calls. Your account manager will follow up with you about voicemail notification to make sure everything is good. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Mariah

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: April 1, 2020

The service is doing really good. A lot of the impact it has is just having people be able to have that live experience all the time. Also, it helps us to get the right calls to the right people. We first wanted to look into it the service because we’re not a huge company. We were about 21 employees at around the time we started and I was the primary person who answered the phones but I also had a lot of other responsibilities and meetings to attend so I often missed a lot of those calls. We wanted to up our client experience in trying to have our calls answered every time and on time. We researched probably five companies in total but Abby Connect's messaging being a live receptionist is what attracted us. We can listen to the receptionist and it’s nice to hear that someone sounds like they're part of a serious business. It’s not just a third party answering phones. They acknowledge and they invest time to know each person.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I called and personally spoke to somebody at Abby Connect and I just liked them and their business model. They're also a little bit cheaper than Ruby, which was the other competitor I was considering. I use Abby for their answering service. It seems to be working all right. However, yesterday, I had a disgruntled client call saying that they were having difficulty getting through to me, so I wrote an email about that to my contact and tried to reinforce their clients or priority. I’ve never met anybody who’s answering the phone, so it’s difficult for me to have interaction with them.

It’s impossible for them to feign that they're my personal receptionist. I don't think that really works, maybe on a very superficial level, to somebody who’s never called before. But for a client who knows me, they're just gonna say, “Why couldn’t I get through?” Or if somebody says, “Can you just check on him for me?” They could say, “Let me check to see if he’s available.” But if I’m not picking up the phone and they say, “When is he gonna be back?” and they don't have access to my calendar, I don't think there’s anything wrong with them saying, “We’re a remote reception service, but I can get the message to him and see that he contacts you back.” And just leave it at that. That’s the only negative impact. But overall, it seems to be working okay.

Abby Connect response

Greetings Colin! Thank you so much for this review and feedback. Any time you have feedback from a caller or yourself about your call handling, you can let us know and we will come up with a solution and update your reception team immediately. Other services put your feedback into a support queue which can take days to make changes.

Every client is different and Abby's flexibility allows you to have unique call handling. Since most clients don't want us to say we are an offsite reception service, by default teams act as your primary front office, but when requested we are able to adjust the response. From what I understand, we've been able to make that quick adjustment to your account and that it's going well! Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Best Wishes,

Holli H.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

We needed an answering service and Abby Connect was the first one that called, and they seemed to do the job. So, we love them. Camilo, the rep, has always been great. When we were moving locations, they allowed us to look a little bit more professional when we were a little bit disorganized.

Hello Tyler,

We're so happy to hear that you love us and that we've helped contribute to a more professional image for your company. We understand that businesses go through various changes from time to time and we're so happy that we've been able to keep things moving smoothly for you during your transition. Thank you so much for your business! We look forward to answering more of your calls! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let us know!

Alexis

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I went on the internet to look for services and wanted a small individualized group answering our calls. I worked with Abby Connect to get everything set up and I was over-asking questions but they were fantastic on walking me through things and making sure I understood everything before we signed up. Then they got us set up online and going. They’ve all been very helpful and professional.

We use a daytime answering service and we have voicemail with them. Not having to answer our phone has been the most useful as we’re a very small office. We decided not to rehire our admin so that it’s made all the difference in the world for us not to have to worry about answering all the calls. Also, we’ve had overall all positive feedback. Once in a while, we get someone who talks about the hold time but it's because they’re not used to it. When they called our office, we always had a person directly here. Other than that, the service has been great. They have given us the freedom of having to get only the calls that we each need.

Hello Carolyn,

Thank you for your review! We try to make setting up accounts as easy as possible and we don't mind answering all your questions to make sure you are comfortable and confident about how your account is set up. We're happy to hear you've received positive feedback about our services. We take great pride in what we do for our clients and we hope to give you more freedom in your work-day to address your priorities. We look forward to answering your calls. Thank you so much!

Warmest Regards From Your Receptionist,

Malo

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I did a Google search for phone services for accounting firms and I found Abby Connect. I've used it for a couple of months and the experience thus far has been perfect. It's less stressful here and it's easier to staff people this time of year.

Hello Ethan,

Thank you so much for the wonderful 5-star review! We're so happy to hear that these past few months have been easier for you since finding Abby Connect, and that we've relieved you of stress at work. Thank you so much for your business with us. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out!

Alexis

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
    Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
    What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
    Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
    How does Abby Connect measure success?
    We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
    I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
    How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
    Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information