Call toll free
4.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has been providing top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services for over 12 years. Abby is well-known for its flexible call handling, and dedicated reception teams that are used by small to medium-sized businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

All calls are answered by a friendly receptionist Monday-Friday at your local time. After hours answering services are also available. Plans begin at $249/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial.

Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

200 Abby Connect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Abby Connect was listed positively and there are really positive reviews from others so I went ahead and tried their 3-day trial. That was incredibly helpful because it proved the fact that they were incredibly useful towards our business. Surprisingly, it was a phenomenal experience from the get-go. Before, we had an automated recording saying that most of the answers can be found online and that customer can check out our FAQs. If they really needed something to get answered, they could leave a message and expect a call back within about five hours. But that wasn’t a really good experience for a guest.

Having Abby Connect definitely impacted the business in a positive way. It’s nice to get a person on the line. In fact, we're a unique customer for Abby Connect in the sense that everyone else uses them mostly for answering service or while you’re out of the office. But we are actually having them perform services that are a bit more advanced in the sense that they’re looking at some of our FAQs. They’re able to look into our system and see if you have a reservation. Then if it’s a more complex thing, they try to escalate it to one of us depending on where the problem is. When they forward the call to us, at least then we would know that it may be an urgent thing or a callback. If it’s not urgent, Abby Connect would take a message and say that we would call the guest back.

We’ve figured out a workflow too. We went back and forth with regards to figuring out how to better be able to answer some of the questions, tweaking the flow of when to reach out and telling someone when and when not to escalate something and who it should be escalated to. Their portal is really easy to use and in addition to the calls getting answered, we also get a notice for every call. There’s a call log that comes in to all of us so we have a distribution list, like a little summary of the calls that came in, if they were able to capture the name of the person, the number and what the call was regarding. It helps us get some feedback of what people are calling about and where we can maybe add information to the website to better the user experience.

I know that Abby Connect is more of a call answering service but I wish they can go one step deeper and allow our customers to place orders over the phone. That’s how our customers wanted to call in. So we have to basically say that for security reasons, and this is also on Abby Connect’s part, they have to go online and place their order there. But it also helps because a lot of our legal stuff is through signature by virtual documents. So we make sure that they have a working connection already, in order to be able to do that, because it won’t work over the phone. Other than that, the people at Abby Connect are super. They’re always willing and able to help. They’re also willing to go above and beyond, and that was what we wanted.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Abby Connect is much better than the previous live answering service I was using. When I set up the account, the Abby Connect team was very good. Now, I never miss calls. If I don’t pick up, they answer my phones and send me a text and email me the message. I also never deal with voicemail. Using Abby Connect has made my phone much better. I probably pick up additional consultations because of it.

Abby Connect response

Thank you so much for your review, Andrew! Here at Abby Connect, we love to hear how we never miss your calls and help you get additional business. We do our very best to make your business phone answering better and your set-up easy. Thank you for switching your live receptionist service to Abby Connect. Best of luck with your continued growth and thank you again for being an amazing client! Your Receptionist, Kaitlyn

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I liked Abby Connect after reading some online reviews about them. I've been using their service for two months now and I like them compared to my previous company. They answer calls for me and transfer them over. It's a top notch service. Everything is working well.

Abby Connect response

Carlos, Thank you so much for switching your phone answering service to us! It’s fabulous to hear you like our reviews and our service. Your team is equally amazing with the way you care for your clients and assist their needs in a timely manner. We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to assist your callers and your staff. Sincerely, Elaine M.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I'm using the phone service of Abby Connect and they do a good job. If something's wrong, they handle it quickly. They are also very friendly and my clients like them. So as long as that keeps going the way it is, I'll be with them for a long time.

Abby Connect response

Hi Kristy, Our account managers work hard to expedite solutions to problems. We absolutely love working with your clients and bringing a smile to their face. We look forward to continuing working with you! Your Receptionist, Victoria

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I was doing Internet searches on answering services and I decided to try Abby Connect because of their price point and the customer reviews. They were very helpful in getting us set up. We were set up in three days after signing up for their service, so that was very simple and straightforward. We also had a few items that needed to be accommodated that they were happy to work with. It's been trouble-free working as we had hoped. I also like the fact that we have a real person answering customer calls. It's very important. Since partnering with them, we're much more efficient and responsive to customer calls, and it also filters out unnecessary sales and marketing calls. I'd be happy to recommend them to others.

Abby Connect response

Hi Pete, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm so glad that our services fit within your needs and that we were able to get you up and running quickly and customize your account. We're so glad that you have seen the immediate impact of having all your calls answered live by someone who can filter through them for your team. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to further improve your experience.

Your receptionist Team Lead, Elaine M.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I've been with Abby Connect since the beginning of August and my experience with them is great. I'm a Vegas company and they are here locally. Partnering with Abby Connect gives an ease of stress not having to sit there and take unwanted calls. We're on the medical side and they keep only with us the girls that are trained to take those calls. I like the voicemail translation too. I don't have to listen to voicemail and that's pretty nice. They're awesome and we'll be with them for a long time.

Abby Connect response

Hello Danielle! We appreciate your feedback and we are extremely happy that you enjoy our phone answering services. We especially love knowing that we help ease your stress. We thoroughly enjoy working with other locally-owned businesses in Las Vegas. Here at Abby Connect we believe training is key to having our service work best for everyone and we match you with the best receptionist team for your business. We look forward to building our relationship and being able to work together for a long time! - Jazmin

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We've been with Abby Connect for five months now and we use their answering service. They are super polite and great to talk to. We have a lot of our clients that prefer calling them than calling us directly. I know they're working on a couple of different features such as picking up a call recording after a call has been put on hold or transferred and I'm looking forward to it. Although they do a great job of forwarding information after they receive the call, getting a voice of the recording with an answering machine for instance, would pretty much take it to the next level and that would make it easier for us to get the contact of the call. They are also expensive compared to other services, but partnering with them gave us a bigger company presence that when people call in, they hear a professional and friendly voice.

Abby Connect response

Hello Walter, It’s great to hear that your clients love to speak with us. With Abby Connect, your callers will always encounter a friendly and professional voice. Our company is committed to improving our clients’ end-to-end experience and we will continue to work on adding new features and services to better your experience. We also encourage you to reach out to your account manager, who can discuss new feature plans and cost saving ideas. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to assisting you in any future needs. Your Receptionist, Jeannette

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I like that the pricing information of Abby Connect is available online without having to search around too much. When I set up the consultation, I was impressed with Elena whom I spoke with. I enjoyed talking to her and thought that they would represent my business well. The team at Abby answers all of my incoming calls and if I'm not available to speak with whoever's calling, they'll take the message and email that to me. That's my favorite feature so far. Every time they transfer somebody to me, I speak with someone from Abby. And every single person that I've worked with has been cheerful and happy to be doing this for their job. They have also been quick to answer any emails if I have questions for them. I definitely have seen an increase in booking because my phones are actually getting answered. So, I've been very happy with them.

Abby Connect response

Hello Kara, We are so happy that your business has had more bookings while using Abby Connect’s answering services! We pride ourselves in providing straightforward pricing and creating a seamless onboarding process for our clients. Our receptionists enjoy being able to connect with callers while ensuring that our clients receive timely, accurate information. Your account manager, Elena, is incredible and we know she’ll always take great care of your account. We are so happy that you are apart of the Abby family and look forward to a continued relationship. Your Receptionist, Cori

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

When I was getting ready to fire my old service, I did some research on the internet and Abby Connect kept popping up in my search results. Abby has been very reliable and they follow my instructions. They do what they say they can do and I pay them a premium for 24/7 coverage while the other company overpromised and under-delivered. They presented themselves as bigger than what they were but when I called, it got really bad one weekend and they told me they don’t have the ability to do the work. I paid them a premium for the same thing. It was the third hiccup. It was a $5,000 piece of business that was getting ready to walk away and I happened to be there to see my phone. I called, I sealed with the deal and the business came in the door. But I was really fusilladed. What if I had not been there to see that? That’s $5,000 that just walked away and went to one of my competitors. Abby has not had that issue.

Abby's principal job is to answer my phone promptly, pleasantly and get me information so that I could get back to the people. They do it 24/7/355 which is what I need. In exchange, I pay them a hefty fee but I don’t burden the receptionist with doing client intake or asking a thousand questions because a large percentage of people who call my office hour is really crazy and stupid so, it is better for me to sift through that. I try to be a low maintenance client and they are fairly responsive. So, once they set up, the process was over. I had a few clarifying questions but I try not to bother them and I don’t want them to bother me. I just pay them for what they do. Abby is something that distinguishes me from my competitors. I want the people to like me and I got two compliments on my receptionist since I have been with Abby. I highly recommend them.

Abby Connect response

Hello Damon, We always make sure your calls are answered 24/7 so that you never lose your clients to your competitors. We are happy to hear that we help distinguish your business from others and that your clients enjoy working with us. We're sorry to hear that your previous answering service lost you business. We hope that never happens for you again. Thank you for switching your virtual reception service over to Abby Connect! Your Receptionist, Harley

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We are a small firm and we needed a reception service. I did a ton of research and I knew a lot of lawyers had been using a service called Ruby Reception, so I looked into them quite a bit. I almost went with Ruby but I looked online and read a lot about Abby Connect and decided to give them a try first. One of the things that I kept reading about Abby was that they had the opportunity to do longer hours of reception service and 24-hour rollover service if we needed it. We do personal injury as specifically geared towards law enforcement first responders and since they work 24/7, that is something we need. We only have two lawyers and a couple of employees here, so there is no way we could be on-call 24/7. But, if our clients needed to reach somebody, we needed someone that could take the call and at least send us a voicemail or an email.

Dealing with the Abby Connect team was pretty simple and the set-up took me about 30 minutes on the phone with them. They walked me through everything and wanted to know a little bit more about how they could explain different questions that are often asked. For example, how to get to our office, fax number and phone number, so they could answer questions on our behalf and not have to reach out to us. Then they would always call and introduce themselves. They would say, “Hi, Michelle. This is so and so with Abby. I’ve got so and so on the line and he wants XYZ,” so that I don’t have to take the call if I don’t like to. I can say, “Will you please take a message?” or “Sure, put them through” or “Can you send them to x person instead?”

They are always really great to talk to and it is lonely when I'm working in an office by myself, so sometimes, I will get a call from them and they brighten my day. It feels like I’m working with someone when I’m all alone. We love that they are so perky and they answer the phone right away and track us down on our cell and none of our clients know that they don’t work for us. We had just about five different people that always answer the phone, so everybody thinks that the receptionist works in our office. It doesn’t sound like the typical reception service that I’ve used in the past. Abby is super cost-effective and I’ve recommended them highly. In fact, one of our lawyers has a solo practice and he’s about to sign-up separately. I’ve come through a lot of different reception services in my time as a firm administrator with different law firms and Abby Connect is, by far, the best I’ve ever run across. I’m really happy with them.

Abby Connect response

Michelle, your kind words truly brightened our day. Thank you for giving us a shot and allowing us to earn your trust one call at a time. It’s fabulous to hear that the onboarding process went smoothly, and that we were able to fill in the gap for your 24/7 answering need. We know the value of every phone call and how crucial this service is to our clients. I also want to mention, that the team loves every opportunity they have to connect a call to you. We are a family-owned business, so our receptionists and clients also feel like our extended family. Your referrals have been the best form of “thank you” and we truly appreciate your vote of confidence in us. We look forward to building our relationship and being able to further assist in any future needs.

Your Abby Operations Director,

Marlene

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My chief operating officer was searching around for a better telephone answering service and she found Abby Connect. I like their emails, that they tell me who called, what happened and was it a hung up or nobody was there. Those to me are critical stuff because we need to know that information. And the calls coming in to me are short, sweet and then we're done. Also, we're a little more efficient right now. We're happy with Abby Connect.

Abby Connect response

Hello Don, We are delighted to hear that your company can operate in a more efficient manner since retaining Abby’s services. At Abby Connect, we understand that every call we take and the information we gather is important to the growth of our client’s business. Thank you again for switching your phone answering service to us! Your Receptionist, Cori

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I use Abby Connect to answer phones and schedule appointments. Their people I've spoken with were oddly friendly. One client commented on how they sounded like they had definitely had their caffeine for the day because they seemed very happy and it’s very nice. Now, I spend less time answering the phone and spend more time working. I’ve used a few live answering companies before and Abby Connect is better. I would definitely recommend them.

Abby Connect response

Adam, We are so glad to hear that allowing us to answer your phones has helped you work more efficiently. I'm so glad we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the wonderful review and switching your phone answering service over to us! Your Receptionist, Kaitlyn

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The live answering company that I used before was all voice automated. It was a bit different. So, I searched for Abby Connect and I got their receptionist service. Partnering with Abby Connect has helped. I now have a real live voice to answer the phone. Years before, there were answering services and they would take messages, and one knew they were an answering service. But Abby Connect is a bit better and not just like an answering service. I’ve only had Abby Connect's service for nearly three months and my interactions with their people have been so good so far.

Abby Connect response

Hi Dave! We know that in quality customer care nothing replaces a caring voice dedicated to helping callers. We add a personal touch to each call which a voice automated service (or any other service for that matter) just can't provide! I'm so happy that all your interactions with our team have been positive. Thank you so much for your review! Always your receptionist, Katherine

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Abby Connect helps us focus on customer relations. They ensure that our phones are answered and it helps us with the in-office efficiency. They screen calls, answers them and sometimes, they also do the messaging or after hours in Oakland calls. I have had some of their people come directly to me and they had been wonderful, and even from their relations with the others who I work with.

Abby Connect response

Dear Glenn, We make it a priority to provide the most friendly and efficient customer care by quickly answering and screening your calls, and passing along accurate messages. Thank you for the wonderful review and we are thrilled to be answering for your company. Your Receptionist, Jessica

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The people at Abby Connect are very courteous and professional. We use them for live answering and they do a very good job. They're the first line of defense when someone phones. We have expanded their service to another company that we control and they’re answering the phones for them too. It's a testament to what our relationship is.

Abby Connect response

Hello Vincent, Being courteous and professional is the epitome of a great receptionist, so it is wonderful you hear that in our calls. It's a priority for us to have friendly voices receive those initial calls in order to make a great first impression for your callers. We're so glad that we've been able to assist in your other business endeavors as well. Thank you for the amazing review! Your Receptionist, Hannah N.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I got Abby Connect when I went crazy trying to answer the phone all the time. They answer the phone, press to screen and pause for the most part, too. Abby Connect has given me more free time to do what I needed to do instead of trying to filter through all the phone calls all day. Also, their people are very professional and friendly.

Abby Connect response

Darryll, We are so glad that we have been able to free up your time and help you filter through your incoming calls! I love getting to speak with your customers and giving them professional and friendly customer care on every call. Thank you for this great review! Your Abby Receptionist, Holli

Original review: July 28, 2018

I did a little bit of research and then I had a Podcast which Abby Connect was sponsoring. I used somebody else before but that company and Abby Connect are worlds apart. I use Abby Connect's answering service and then the calendaring for consultations. Abby Connect saved me a lot of time and now I’m more efficient. I can focus on my work knowing that my leads are captured. Also, the interactions with their team are always amazing. Everybody is always smiling on the other line, I can hear it.

Abby Connect response
Karima, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and we love listening to your podcast. We’re ecstatic to hear that we are efficient and save you time as your phone answering service. We are always happy to take your calls with a friendly voice and smile and capture your firm's new leads. We thank you again for switching over to us and being such a great customer!

Your receptionist, Valeria

Original review: July 27, 2018

I was looking around online for phone systems and came across Abby Connect. And I decided to go with them partially for the price and partially for the service. I use the call screening feature and it has been very good. It's been easier for a hand-off standpoint when somebody calls. And when it gets handed off, it comes off more professional. Everybody at Abby Connect has been great and they’ve done a good job so far. I'm very happy with the service and hopefully, they’ll keep doing what they’ve been doing. I would tell my friends that they should consider Abby Connect if they’re in a similar position.

Hi Mike,
Thank you so much for such a great review! We are so glad you found us through your online research. It's always a pleasure to screening your calls and answering your clients’ calls with a professional tone and friendly voice. Thank you again for choosing Abby Connect -- we are very happy to be your virtual receptionists!

Your Receptionist, Angie M.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I'm very happy with Abby Connect. Before I got them, I just referred people to my phones which was why I needed help. Their energy on the phone is dynamic and I couldn't replicate it. And that's exactly the energy that I need and I want to represent my business. I haven't missed a call on their part ever since.

Abby Connect response

Andrew, Thank you so much for the outstanding review. Our Abby Connect receptionists pride themselves on bringing friendly and positive energy to every call. First impressions are very valuable! We are thrilled to answer all your calls, so that your callers are addressed right away and given the BEST customer service. Thanks again! Your friendly receptionist, Monica

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I wanted to get an answering service, I remembered when I called ** once and I liked the way it was. I was told that they used Abby Connect. I am an office manager and I have a small office. It’s very important for us to have our phone answered by a live person whenever somebody’s out or we’re all out on an appointment. If we have a meeting out of the office, we would forward it to Abby Connect and then they would answer it. If there’s a client that needs us, they would call me right away. I like that a lot.

The team at Abby Connect is always very pleasant when they call me like they might have a caller on hold. I’ve heard feedback that they are pleasant to my clients too. My clients are happy. They always get a real person to answer the phone during business hours. It has impacted our business pretty well. Abby Connect is awesome and it’s not that expensive. It’s well worth it and I love them.

Abby Connect response

Susan, We are thrilled that you got to first experience Abby Connect as a caller and then decided to try us out for your business. Whenever you or someone in the office is out of the office, we are always here and ready to take every call. Impacting your business in such a positive way with a pleasant and friendly virtual receptionist is what Abby is all about. We love to hear that you find our service valuable. Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Your Receptionist, Brittany

Original review: July 23, 2018

I was looking for facts, cost and services and contacted Abby Connect. It turned out to be a pleasant experience. We keep our phone calls forwarded to them all the time and if it's somebody that they feel like we would want to talk to, like customers and suppliers, we have them put through. It helps us to screen out telemarketers and stuff like that, that we get all the time. Abby connect has been beneficial to our company. It takes a little pressure off of us to not to have somebody by the phone all the time and the reassurance that a live human is gonna talk to them and not a machine.

But when they put the callers on hold I'm not sure exactly what they tell them. But then, they have to turn around and make a phone call to us, tell us kinda what the call is regarding. And then, we tell them either to take a message or just send it through so a little bit of time passes. I had one fellow that was kinda frustrated about it. He got the impression that the agent was taking other phone calls in the time that he was on hold. In fact, she had called me to ask me if I wanted to talk to the guy or not. But that was the only time we've had anybody really think it was something less than seamless. And there's also a delay in the phone call so any time that they send a call through to my cell phone, there's a lag in the conversation. There's something systemic there that's a problem. So overall it's been somewhat liberating to have them working for us but then there's a couple of challenges that exist also.

Abby Connect response
Hi Dan, I am glad you have found your live receptionists to be beneficial for screening calls and answering your phones. I am so glad we were able to work out a solution for the phone delays with you and your provider. If you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to email or call me anytime! Thank you so much for using our virtual receptionist service, we enjoy working with you and your business.
Your Account Manager,

Elena

Original review: July 13, 2018

I would recommend Abby Connect. They answer calls as if they do work for our law firm, and they give excellent service. Abby was a referral from one of the girls who work here and because they offered a promotion, we went with them. We use their live answering service and they answer phone calls when I’m off or on vacation. Also, when I have errands to do, I just transfer the calls to our phone, so they answer and it helps us get all the calls. And then when it’s an emergency, they call my cellphone. I get feedback from my clients and they like whoever answers the phone. They think that they’re here at the office. And they said they were very friendly and professional.

Abby Connect response

Hi Angelica, Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are so thrilled you are happy with Abby Connect as your legal answering service. We take pride in answering the phone in a friendly and professional manner for your clients while you're busy or on vacation. Thank you again for using our answering service and we appreciate the recommendation from one of the ladies in your office. Your Receptionist, Jeanette

Original review: June 30, 2018

Abby Connect has been stellar. Setting up the system was really easy. And Abby Connect's customer service team always answered questions clearly. They're great and they've done a wonderful job. In fact, a lot of times we've had guests compliment us for the receptionist.

Hello Christopher,
We appreciate your fabulous feedback! We strive to make our set-up process painless and to always respond to service questions within a half hour. We love that your guests have complimented us, and we hope that's given them a positive impression of your business. Thank you again for the kind words!

Jazmin

Original review: June 25, 2018

I googled virtual call centers or virtual receptionist and there was a website that was more specific to that industry that had reviews. I filled out their forms. Abby Connect was one of the better ones reviewed there. I had another firm or two in mind. I called those other firms, but they didn’t answer and Abby Connect did. They were very friendly and I thought that if I’m hiring an answering service, I really would like Abby Connect to answer the phone.

Back in January, I used RingCentral and we tracked our calls. One of the problems we have as a property management company is we get a ton of calls and a lot of them are not important. Even though we’re a brand new business in January, we got around 1,200 calls in the month of January, so for two people to handle that was really hard. A part of hiring Abby Connect was I set up a phone tree first and then I hired another company to take some calls, and Abby Connect to take my sales calls that I couldn’t get to, as well as handling some that push through. It has been taking the call volume off my plate.

Before, when my phone rings, I had thought it was probably not important or probably something I shouldn’t stop to answer. Now, I know that when my phone rings, it’s important because either someone has my direct line trying to get a hold of me or Abby or if someone for some other emergency that’s got to get a hold of me. So, there’s been a huge reduction in stress for me and it has really helped me to focus on what’s important rather than what’s not important.

I have had a couple of interactions with my account manager at Abby Connect and with the ladies on the phone. In general, it’s been one of the most outstanding customer experiences I’ve had because of their attitude while they’re on the phone with you. For me, to have the confidence to know that my phones are at least being answered in such a cheerful, happy way is awesome and refreshing and also to know that they are on top of it. One time, someone asked for Amy and I didn’t even think to tell Abby Connect that I had someone now named Amy.

Before I knew it, I had an email or a call from my account manager within three minutes saying, “We’re so sorry, we didn’t know this.” I said, “Well, why are you apologizing? You should be chewing me out because I didn’t tell you about it.” And they said, “Well, can you tell us who is Amy and what kind of calls would you like routed to her and how would you like us to handle this or handle that?” It was awesome and they’re super on top of it.

Hi Chris,
As your account manager, I love hearing that we lighten your stress load and provide you with the outstanding customer service that you were searching for. There are several virtual receptionist services out there so the fact that you choose to give us a try is a huge compliment. We pride ourselves in answering your phones in a cheerful, happy way and making changes to your account in a quick, efficient manner. It is my pleasure going above and beyond for you and making sure your calls are handled as efficiently and accurately as possible. The receptionists and I are looking forward to a long-lasting relationship with your property management company! We thank you again for choosing us to be a part of your team.
Your Account Manager,

Marianne

Original review: June 24, 2018

We were dissatisfied with the company that we had before, then went online and Abby Connect popped up. Abby was easy to work with and 100% better than the previous company and we’re satisfied our experience with them. They sent a text and an email, so we got the message immediately. Since we went with them, we haven't had clients telling us to get rid of the service anymore. Other than that, we are on the East Coast and they are on the West Coast, and New Yorkers don’t take to that cherry up in the air of greeting with “Hi!” and they toned that down, so it’s perfect. They also took instructions and gave us what we asked for, so that was good.

Abby Connect response
Lola, Thank you for taking the time to provide this amazing review. It is important for us to be easy to work with and be adaptable to your company and client needs when taking messages and answering the phone. Thank you again for switching your phone answering service over to Abby Connect - we love working with you!
Your receptionist,

Elaine M.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We did a bunch of research on answering services in general for small businesses that weren’t like a big call center. We like that Abby Connect is the same dedicated team of people that answer our calls. It’s not like a giant room full of people. Now, their portal is good for access and their setup was easy to get going as well.

We had a couple little bumps when we got started. There were times that I had to babysit a bit because sometimes we saw that they put a lot of calls on hold for like a long time. Sometimes, if they’re busy, they’ll put people on hold or sometimes, all of our consumer calls go to one person in one place. But the good thing is that every time I had an issue, I reached out to Abby Connect and told them that we needed to fix it. They were really responsive. We stuck with them and stayed with them because they make the adjustments and then launch. So far, Abby Connect has been good. We figured that if they’re good at answering the phone for a legal office, then they could probably handle our calls since the people that call for legal offices are much more labor-intensive and are usually angry.

Hi Christin,
Thank you so much for giving us this feedback! We are so glad you found our small business answering service through your research. We pride ourselves on being able to make quick adjustment to your account based on your specific needs and giving your business personalized attention. If you have any additional changes, your account manager is always available to you. Thank you again for this great review and we love speaking with your customers!

Your Receptionist, Mariah

Original review: June 18, 2018

Working with Abby Connect has brought about a more professional appearance to our company and it has taken the load off of us in answering the telephone calls. We also utilized them for their Spanish-speaking abilities. When we were searching for this level of service, we wanted someone to be able to schedule our clients' appointments by using Calendly. Abby Connect said that they could do that for us contingent upon the scheduling being a simple process. They told us that they didn't use Calendly and asked if we could use another service instead. We also told them that depending on what they have, we would try it. So, they didn’t promise that they could use Calendly and provide the service that we wanted, but they didn’t give us any inkling that it would be a challenge for us.

After getting some time down the road trying to use what we have in place, they would not use our system. We bought a premium version of Calendly solely for Abby to be able to do what they said they could do for us, but Abby said it was declined and that they cannot schedule our appointments for us. They said we could give them a link which they could give to our clients who could then schedule their appointments themselves. But that is a turnoff for us. At this point, we don’t feel like having the pain of finding another company and another empty promise on the same project then having the same situation. But we're in bed with Calendly and we pay them. And we pay more money to use Abby's services than we would have had if we have not used them. So, we're a little unhappy about that and as soon as we hire someone who can look into another service solution provider, we're probably gonna switch.

Abby Connect response

Stephen, thank you for your review. We are proud to bring more professionalism to your company, and free up your time. I love hearing that our bilingual receptionists are a big help answering your calls.

As we discussed over the phone, I am so sorry we fell short on the calendar service for you and your company. We have learned and improved in this area, so that there is no confusion moving forward.

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to give us input on how we can make this process better for future clients. Thank you for sticking with us and giving us the opportunity to help you and your callers.

Gail Strum

Abby Connect Manager

Original review: June 17, 2018

I’m the only person running my business and I use Abby Connect's reception answering service. And I don’t miss phone calls so that means more sales for me. Their staff is quite nice and courteous. I’m pretty satisfied with their skills.

Hello Joshua,

We are so glad to be your virtual receptionist service! We love answering your phone calls and making sales for you in the process. We understand you are a busy business owner and we're glad we can be counted on to help you never miss important business call! We look forward to seeing your business grow!

Holli

Original review: June 13, 2018

Abby Connect was introduced to me by the individual doing our website SEO. And since partnering with Abby, it freed up a lot of my time. They weed out a lot of calls where people call in to try and sell me something or services. I really enjoy what Abby is doing for us. Their team is always attentive to my needs whenever I call them to do changes or updates. They are also very courteous and very professional. They are doing a great job.

Hi Eddie,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are all happy to assist with answering your calls and only passing along pertinent business phone calls to save you time! We pride ourselves on being attentive to our account changes and updates and always being professional when answering your phone. We're glad your consultant gave you our company name. Thank you again Eddie for sharing your experience.

Your Receptionist, Victoria

Original review: June 12, 2018

Abby Connect has been great. Partnering with them frees us up in order for us to get a lot done in our business. Clients call at all hours of the day as we work in a complex industry. Abby Connect is answering all hours of the day. They're open from 8:00 to 7:00 and after that, the calls that come are transcribed into e-mails and set to us. Overall, their team is great to work with and they're friendly. We deal with clients that are in trouble all day long as we work in high-end debt settlement deals. These people have major problems so Abby Connect's team tends to put a good light on a person calling in with trouble.

Hello Timothy,
We cannot thank you enough for this amazing review! We understand that your business plays a vital role in each of your client’s debt settlement deals. By providing non- stop and caring customer service for each one of your clients, we are thrilled we can make their experience a little better during their troubled time. We are happy to be available 24/7 for your clients, both new and current. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review!

Harley

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information