toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We were not happy with our services with LiveVoice and we've been with them for a couple of years. Out IT manager sent me a list when they initially were looking for a messaging service and I went down the list, read reviews, called and got more information and Abby Connect made the most sense. They had really great ratings and any negative comments were just like, "It was just this but other than that, I really like their services." I then tried it out and they were the ones that answered right away. With the other people, I had to schedule calls with and I had to set up a time for somebody to come in. We needed the service at that moment, and Abby Connect was like "We will take care of you right now, give you a free trial, and see how you do" and they've been very good with reaching out and updating services whenever we asked for it. So far, I've been very happy and we've only been with them for two months.

Their communication is fantastic. I was really impressed with how they handled calls compared to those operators from LiveVoice. They seemed more intelligent and their customer service skills were a lot better. They were really natural which I really liked. They are not like a robot. I'm the one that answers the calls for our office so we want somebody who acted as if they were me, and they've worked. My mother called and she thought that the operator was me so they're doing a great job.

Our clients are a lot more comfortable with the service as a whole when they call in. We're an international company so we have a lot of calls that come from our office in Israel who are our biggest clients. There's a little bit of language barrier, and if the calls are clear and consistent, they're happy with it. If the operator sounds unintelligent or has a different lingo that they use, that doesn't represent a professional international corporation, they're not going to be happy with that. We haven't really gotten a whole lot of feedback from them with our new services, but they haven't complained at all so that's good.

Every so often we'll call Abby Connect to check it out because I want to make sure that when I'm not around even a few minutes and I put it on the answering service, I want to know that the people who normally call in during business hours are being taken care of properly. I only had one instance where one of my employees did not know if his callers were being given the option to leave voicemails and I didn't realize that it was not an option that was set up with them. I then called Mary Anne who has been my connection with Abby Connect. She set that up for us and it's working okay. They seemed really friendly, very natural and they get the job done. If they need to take a message, they'll forward it. They do exactly what we ask them to do which is great.

Overall, everything's been very efficient and there's a good follow through with the things that I've discussed and mentioned and needed help with. They're an awesome company and I would definitely recommend them to other businesses.

Abby Connect

Sharon, we're very appreciative that you took the time to contribute such a wonderful review of our receptionist service here. When you have a moment, Marlene and Melissa recorded a quick video to thank you: https://youtu.be/j3KcuHWeVDA

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I called several other places before Abby Connect and none were very good about bringing us on as new clients. If a problem came up, others just say, “Well, this is how we work," and there was no interest in trying to see how we needed for it to work. So I started to feel like I wasn't going to that route. And then I contacted Abby Connect and realized that they're different because of the virtual office piece. They're very professional and willing to make it work for whatever the intricacies of your business are.

Everybody there is always super helpful and gets back to me really quickly. We made a lot of changes and were trying to close down for a week. That's what precipitated our need for the assistance. And because our phone system was also being upgraded, there was a lot of problems and they never got irritated with how many times I was calling them and changing the parameters, so it was good. We've been using them for about three months now. We've had no complaints and no calls have been dropped so it's been great. Our clients, because they have Spanish speakers, can't tell that we've had staff people calling. And staff people know that it's Abby Connect but it's seamless so it's worked out really well. Plus, they alert us with email messages that are able to go to specific staff and so it's been super helpful.

Abby Connect

We always aim to ensure fabulous service for our valued customers, and look forward to continue doing so for you and your business.

Original review: March 7, 2017

We rented an office space and Abby Connect handled the phones in that space. Working with Abby Connect has allowed me to have a receptionist. They email us messages, patch people through and do everything we need them to do. The service is good.

I've used Abby Connect off and on for years. They answer our phones for us during hours and when we're not able to take the calls after our hours, the calls go to the Abby Connect voicemail. This frees us to give our clients more attention. The reps are so pleasant and happy sounding that we get very positive feedback from our clients. When I need something from them, I call them or I put it on our portal that they get to see. They've made things very easy for us and we're very happy with them. We've definitely recommended them already.

Abby Connect

Thank you so much for the fabulous review, Anna! We're happy that we've been able to provide you excellent service and will ensure that we continue to do so.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

We used a live answering company for after-hours services before and Abby Connect's much better than them. We use Abby Connect's virtual receptionists feature. They have quicker answering and the messages are clear. They have positively impacted our business because all of our calls are being answered promptly and forwarded to the appropriate people. It has taken a lot of burden off of answering the calls. Their staff provided fine, very helpful, and prompt services. One of them, Marianne, updates our account and provides our updated contact info. Overall, it has been a very positive experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Abby Connect

We are so pleased that you've given us a chance and are content with the outcome. If there's ever anything you need from us to make your day better, please don't hesitate to reach out to your dedicated account manager.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I use Abby Connect to make sure that if there's a call that's being made during business hours, the phone gets picked up and that's what I've seen happen so far so that's a good thing. It's definitely helped me in the sense that I don't have to hire somebody to pick up the phones. I had to call them one time when I thought the phone wasn't being answered. There was some type of communication error but that got resolved. It's been a good experience with Abby Connect.

Abby Connect

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our service, Christina. We are always happy to hear that your business is thriving after adding Abby Connect's virtual receptionist service to your arsenal.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

When we were starting our business, I got a call while I was in front of my friend, she said that could be a business thing and that I pick it up. We had a conversation about Abby Connect and I thought I'll give it a shot. We got their extended hours package, which is a handyman service. Whenever people have an issue, they call so it's been helpful to at least have that kind of filter and already get the basic information. I usually handle that since my husband's English isn't so great, so being able to handle it a lot easier is amazing. I don't have to worry about missing calls or potential business, because I've done that in the past, wherein I got voice mails and by the time I call them back, the caller already found somebody else.

We're marketing or advertising and really pushing the business a lot. I go with my husband a lot of the times to help out and it's really unprofessional to be answering my own phone while we're with another customer. It really helps the overall perception of our business and helps it grow in that manner. It's been such a relief and such a great opportunity to really focus on the things that need my attention more than just answering calls. We already had a few referrals because of the fact that we're professional and have a good reputation now.

Abby Connect

Thank you very much for the incredible review. We're so happy that you chose to bring in Abby Connect by answering your inbound phone calls. We appreciate you and look forward to a continued positive partnership.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I was researching on the internet, trying to replace the answering service we already had and now that we have Abby, we like it better than our previous company. First of all, they answer on nights and weekends if we need them to. And most importantly, we have a dedicated group of girls and guys that answer for us and one account manager. We didn't have that with our old provider, since it was just one of 80 people, and they answered the phones for several companies. I've spoken with several people at Abby and they were very pleasant, have good phone demeanor and answered my questions. From what I've experienced with the other company and this one, Abby Connect is good at what they do and we appreciate what they do for us.

Abby Connect

Mark, we always appreciate feedback and definitely take your suggestion to heart. As we are a boutique answering service - something that gives us the ability to finer tune our answering to your needs - the development of an app will take just a smidge longer. That being said, it's truly a delight working with you, and we're so happy that the mistake turned out to be a positive thing.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I signed up for Abby by mistake and it was crazy but I'm glad I did it because it all worked out. They're very friendly and I get some good comments about it. My clients say that they talked to a nice person and that really helps when you have somebody pick up the phone and that they care. I've called them a couple of times and they've been very, very helpful so I've never had a problem. Also, I use all of their features. The only thing that I would like is to be able to turn it off and on with my phone so I can adjust when I use Abby instead of using them all the time. My brother can do that with Ruby on his smartphone but Abby doesn't have an app so I asked them about it. They said they'll look into it and I haven't heard anything from them so maybe they didn't think it was a good idea. But they're a great service, they've been good to me and I've never missed a beat. I have recommended them to a couple of people.

Abby Connect

Nigel, thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review on our virtual receptionist service. It is an honor and a pleasure to answer your phone calls, and we'll make sure to stay on top of things throughout our continued partnership.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Abby Connect answers the phones properly for me and passes the calls through. They do exactly what I expect them to do. Their people are very courteous and other than one issue where they billed me twice, everything's fine.

Abby Connect

Hello R. We're so glad that you've been with us for over a decade. These past 11 years have seen many changes, but the entire Abby Connect team is happy that you're still with us. One of your friendly virtual receptionists, Dayna, has a video message for you: https://youtu.be/A9j0eXWMxxk

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I've heard about Abby Connect through another lawyer 11 years ago and since then I've been using their answering, mail, and fax services. It has allowed me to facilitate a very mean operation. I've been dealing with the same team for 11 years and that consistency has kept things smooth. They're an outstanding service and I get what I pay for.

Abby Connect

Thank you very much for the excellent review on our virtual receptionist services! We're so happy that you've included us as a part of your extended team and are always ready to adapt to whatever you need. Dayna also has a video message for you: https://youtu.be/YwfdJbz02PQ

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I used to office in a building with Abby Connect and that's when I walked in there to see Gail and I just asked her if she could do phone answering services for me and said yes. Their phone answering service has been helpful and easy to use. They take the messages, put them on email, and then distribute them to the division of the company which the call needs to be directed to. Also, they're able to dynamically change where we need to have a call sent. I'd recommend them.

Abby Connect

Craig, we're always happy to see you around and hear from you. Thank you for the excellent feedback, and someone should be reaching out to you shortly to resolve any potential connectivity issues.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Abby Connect provides good service. If I have things that need to be picked up, I drop them at the front desk and if I have things that are delivered to me, then I go pick them up from them and they've been fine with regards to that. I use a conference room, I set them up and give them a call and schedule it. I frequently use the phone answering and messaging service. The only issue is on the phone calls sometimes, the phone quality is not that good and there's a bit of a delay. When the phone calls are connected to me, sometimes they get cut off and it becomes a problem. Other than that, the people are great and I would recommend them to a friend. Their service satisfies what I need from them so I've been pretty happy.

Abby Connect

David, it's so fantastic having the opportunity to work with you and your callers. We appreciate that you took the time out of your day to leave us such a wonderful review.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Abby Connect is my office telephone service, I use the receptionist feature when people call in to the office. When someone calls, Abby Connect will ring me, tell me who's calling, and I'll either take the call or have them take a message. I had to call them once to get online access and I got what I called for. It's a service that I need and it's there when I need it.

Abby Connect

Aaron, thank you very much for taking the time to give us an honest review. We truly strive to provide excellent customer service at the heart of what we do, so your remarks are definitely heard and your feedback entirely incorporated into the continued training of your dedicated virtual receptionists. Your account manager will be reaching out to you shortly to take care of this matter immediately.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

We use Abby Connect mainly for after-hours calls. It has allowed us to continue what we're doing in a more productive way because previously, we were using two different services, an after-hours service and a during-the-day service. Abby has allowed us to just use one. They've always been responsive within 12 hours and if I had a problem, they always fixed it. However, we're frustrated sometimes because we would give instructions and they would be received, and then be forgotten and we'd have to give them again.

The prior service we had was better in customer service but there was a delay with the old service. Sometimes, callers will be transferred and they would say something and then we would start to talk before they were finished talking because of this odd delay or vice-versa, so we'd confuse each other as we were talking. Abby Connect is better and in terms of being around-the-clock. They're easy to use and reliable,and that is what I wanted.

Abby Connect

Hi Matthew. We're so appreciative of the amazing review you left for us. We think you're incredible and are so happy that you have chosen Abby Connect for your call answering needs. One of our virtual receptionists, Dayna, has a quick message for you: https://youtu.be/1od8cIkqwuQ

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

We had a full size office and then it was just my partner and myself. So we wanted to downsize and go to an executive suite type. We liked the location in Summerlin and they’ve got great facilities and office space when I need them. My experience with Abby Connect has been excellent. I’ve probably been there about eight years now. They answer our phones, get our mail and take deliveries for us. It's very convenient and they're very professional and upscale.

Abby Connect

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review for our call answering service. It's always such a pleasure! Abby Connect receptionist Dayna has a video message for you: https://youtu.be/vSpKfIE9jDg

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I searched for local service providers and found Abby Connect so I signed up with them. They have been doing a good job in answering my office phones.

Abby Connect

Craig, it's a pleasure to partner with you on handling your inbound calls. We look forward to a continued wonderful relationship.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I'm semi-retired and winding things down. When I shut down my law firm, I found Abby Connect on the internet. I use it for the receptionist and calls coming in and they do a great job. I've had to move a couple of times here and I'm moving again, but they've always been very helpful and responsive.

Hi Brad,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our live answering service. We very much appreciate that you chose Abby Connect as your virtual receptionist, and look forward to a continued relationship as you grow.

Do watch our video reply as well: https://youtu.be/XBmHY3LOyX4

With warm regards,

Marlene

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I was originally referred to Abby Connect by a colleague of mine. I was working for a large multi-national law firm and decided to go out on my own. I am a single attorney and I work from my home office. I do not get a lot of calls since I just started advertising. What I like about having an Abby receptionist is that I know my phone line will not go unanswered when I am in court or on the other line with a client. I have been a client for almost 3 months now and I would definitely recommend Abby Connect.

Abby Connect

Tracie, thank you so much for the incredible review of our virtual receptionist services. It's always been a pleasure since you've added us to your extended team. The feeling with your switch over to Abby Connect is definitely mutual. One of our receptionists, Dayna, has a video message for you: https://youtu.be/Tj0SCbVCbIY

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Abby Connect has been wonderful. We used MAP Communications before and Abby Connect is definitely better. They seem to take better notes and they also answer faster. With them we're getting our messages so we retain more clients. Plus their team has been very polite, pleasant and reliable. Anything we ask of them, they do it for us.

Abby Connect

Rob, we're so glad that you took the time to review our live call answering services and team as a whole. In fact, Melissa and Marlene recorded a short video to share our appreciation: https://youtu.be/0dawsPApnBc

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I rented an office in a building that Abby Connect provided a phone service in. I use their phone answering feature and my experience has been positive. Their people that I work with here, personally, are very helpful, friendly, and I enjoy working with them.

Abby Connect

Wayne, thank you so much for taking the time to review our virtual receptionist services. We filmed a video response, which you can view here: https://youtu.be/jJKGJ5UGj4U

- Marlene & Melissa

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I'm mobile and not in the office all the time. I use Abby Connect's extended hours and regular service as it's cheaper than hiring an employee. It's saving me a lot of money and I get a whole staff of people that answer the phone and take my calls for me. They also make my company look a lot bigger than it is and give us a nice professional image which at the end of the day strengthens our brand. There are only a couple of people that actually work for my company but thanks to Abby, it looks like we're one of the biggest app development firms in America so that's priceless.

Also, everyone there treated me exceptionally well. They're very nice, cordial, and respectful and they return phone calls. All of my interactions with them have been awesome and through the roof. What I also like about Abby is that they don't blanket and generalize everyone. They don't treat everybody like a number. They customize what they do around each client. Every time I ask them to do something, I put in a request and they'll say they'll do it and ask me how I want it done. They always try to find a way to satisfy me and they're really good people. They've been able to roll with the punches and so have I so it's a good working relationship.

However, I was expecting them to interact more with the clients and answer some basic questions. They charge almost $300 while their competitors charge about 30 to 50 bucks a month. These companies offer traditional answering services and Abby's reps are also just taking messages. But the rates are getting better and I enjoy working with Abby Connect. It's a great experience and I'm happy with them.

Abby Connect

Thank you David for giving us a perfect rating, we appreciate you and your fabulous firm. We are very lucky to have you as one of our clients.

With Appreciation...Gail

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Abby Connect provides excellent service to their clients. They lighten the load to running your own business by going above and beyond to make businesses run smoothly on a daily basis. The personalized attention we receive from the Abby Connect staff is impressive. The friendly staff takes the time to connect with their clients and is always helpful when a need arises.

Abby Connect

Kevin, thank you for all your positive comments, we really appreciate it and are so lucky to have you as one of our clients.

With Sincere thanks...Gail

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I have Abby Connect's answering service and it's fantastic. I have been approached by other live answering services and they try to come up with packages like "Okay, you'll get 3 months for free," and the reason I have always used Abby Connect is because the way they answer the calls is like they're in your team. It's a little bit expensive than I can get from other competitors nowadays but I would not change because of the way the represent my company. Instead of just, "Hi, can I help you?" or "Hi, how may I direct your call?", they go further than that and they try to know what the call is about and over time, the ladies actually know what I do.

I work from home and when they answer, it gives a professional representation of my business, so it is really good. It has increased my sales because the line of business that I'm in, it needs to give a professional appearance. Whenever I go to have a day office, I actually meet the ladies that answer the calls. The day before yesterday, I was there and they forwarded the call to me while I was just next to them and they are very, very pleasant. I have already recommended many, many clients of mine to them. I'm very happy.

Abby Connect

Doug, your wonderful review is appreciated by all of your team. Thank you for taking the time and give us such a fantastic review. Best Regards...Gail

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Abby Connect's live operator transfers phone calls to us. We've been doing it about a month and a half now. They’ve been very helpful all the way, so we haven't had any problems. And anything I bring up, they seem to resolve right away. If I need to rework something, my account manager does it and then follows up with me.

Abby Connect

Keva, you are awesome to give us a perfect rating. It is appreciated by all of your receptionists. Also, thank you for recommending us, means a lot to us.

Kindest Regards...Gail

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

They are top notch and have always been very professional. I've always been able to rely on them to assist with client calls, and I've never had a problem or heard any complaints from my clients. If you are in need of someone to answer your calls, I would recommend them.

Abby Connect

Mark, your team of receptionists appreciates this awesome review. We love increasing your new clients and proud to be part of the team !!

Happy Holidays...Gail

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Working with Abby Connect has been extremely positive. When we are not here and patients call, they're able to pick up the patient's information and send it to us through email. So without Abby Connect, we would be losing these people to other dental offices. And now, we're able to retain them.

Abby Connect

Trish, I am really grateful that you gave your team with Abby Connect such a wonderful review. We appreciate you and your fantastic company.

Happy Holidays ...Gail

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Abby Connect have been incredibly helpful. They've freed us up a ton from things that we used to spend a lot of time we didn't really have on answering and forwarding. They answer our calls during the day and their reps are very friendly. They always have the information that I need when I ask for them and they've been really good. I would recommend them.

Abby Connect

Tom, we are happy to be a part of your team. We are thankful for all your years with us.

Sincerely...Gail

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I've been a customer of Abby Connect for a while. I used their services in connection with the location of my office as they're based in the same office I use. They've been the answering service for people who were in that location during the work day and also provides the automatic answering service afterwards. Having their service helped my business run more smoothly and helped me concentrate on what's important and not on what isn't. The Abby Connect people are very pleasant and respectful. They're always looking to make sure that they do what I need for taking messages or transferring messages for me. They seem to always be wanting to impress and satisfy their customer.

Abby Connect

Scott, being part of your team is an honor for Abby Connect. Thank you !!
We are here for you with any changes to your account.

Happy Holidays...Gail

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

As far as picking up the numbers, Abby Connect is more reliable than my previous live answering company, and I'm very pleased with that. As far as getting me my messages and telling me who's calling, they don't come transcribed and all I get is a number. That’s one thing I thought I'd change, but it hasn’t changed. Other than that I haven’t had any complaints about my answering service not picking up. I would definitely recommend them.

Question and Answers - Abby Connect

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?

Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.

What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?

Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.

What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.

How does Abby Connect measure success?

We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?

I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.

Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.

How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?

Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Profile