Call toll free
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has provided top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services since 2005. With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

Abby is well-known for flexible call handling, and small dedicated reception teams that answer for businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

Plans begin at $279/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial. Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

249 Abby Connect Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 13, 2019

I was doing research on an answering service and when I talked with a big company that I always hear on the radio, they told me that we were too small for them. Then, I did comparison shopping and I came across Abby Connect. I liked how they thought and what they had to say. I also liked that they are local and that they are in the same city I’m in. So, I called them up and they impressed me from the get-go, so they kinda won me over from day one. When I started working with them, I had nothing but positive experience from our initial account rep. In fact, I had a client who came in over the weekend and mentioned Mariah, the receptionist, by name. She told me about how great she was to talk to and I was telling Mariah that. So, we’re thrilled.

We've been using Abby Connect for six months now and I have recommended them. We use their virtual answering service and the voice. They also send the messages to us including text messages and emails. All of those are really convenient and our clients are much happier now. The perception is not that we’re not available, which is important because when we’re with clients, we don’t answer the phone because that’s inappropriate. So, that’s changed a lot, which is fabulous.

A couple of times, we didn’t get digital notifications of voicemails being there but we’ve had four actual voicemails in the six months that we've had Abby. Otherwise, people like to leave a message. All in all, I have been impressed with the quality of the service. I’ve had former clients come back after years of not being in the studio who mentioned to me how upbeat Abby Connect's reps are. They said that the way that people have answered the phone have been impressive and that they don't give a canned answer. It’s an answer that’s tailored to our business and how we do business. It feels very personal and that’s a big deal for us so that people would feel like they’re calling us, not a service. As a small business, that matters.

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of our services here at Abby Connect, we truly appreciate it. I'm so glad that you found us through your research and we have been able to provide great service to your company. We strive to add that personal touch for our client's callers and stand apart from the typical answering service experience. I'm truly excited to hear that we have provided you with such a great customer experience for the 6 months that you have been with us, we look forward to continuing our relationship with you! It's always a pleasure to answer your calls. Your account manager will follow up with you about voicemail notification to make sure everything is good. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Mariah

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I tested three different companies’ services out for a free trial, and found that the girls that answered my phones from Abby Connect seemed to be the most energetic, outgoing, and professional. They answer my calls very quickly and professionally. I also appreciated the call recording they were offering. Not every other company was able to get me instant call recordings from the calls that came in, so I could review those calls at a later time.

My rep at Abby Connect has been great. She has been very responsive and communicative and we have a good relationship going. Abby Connect is more expensive and on the higher end of the cost and if you compare, there are a lot of cheaper services out there. However, when I call in to a doctor’s office and the other companies are answering service calls, they are so monotone on the phone and there are always those weird sounds in the background of other people talking. It doesn’t seem very professional and I wanted to pay for extra for a service that I knew was gonna be a premium service. And that’s what I feel that I have with Abby Connect. It's the best solution that I could find, but I wish they were cheaper.

I enjoy the portal I have that I log in to to check everything. There were some technical changes that I requested that they could make to improve the portal a bit. Back on September 20th, my rep Marianne said that the software development team has been trying to make some significant changes or fix what I was having issues with, but I haven’t seen those changes yet. They said they were working on that a few months ago, but I haven’t seen that happen yet and was hoping to see that. They told me that they were going to be coming out with an app for our phone soon that hasn’t been released. There is an announcement area on the dashboard and the last announcement date was from 9/1/18. There should be some updates and I’m still waiting for them.

There is a bit of a lag time on some of the stuff, but it doesn’t really affect the core solution. When I listen to the call logs, I have to download it, but I’d rather go straight to the website and just hit the play button and play it through the website instead of having to download a WAV file, then use a third-party app to play it. They said they are working on that. The calls are recorded up until I answer the call and I was hoping there would be a way for me to optionally record my part of the conversation if I wanted to, but they said they can’t do that right now. I get a lot of sales calls and spam calls, and some of Abby Connect's other competitors won’t charge me for those calls. But Abby Connect does and it would be nice if they would do the same thing as what their competitors do. That would give Abby Connect a bit of an edge.

Abby Connect response

Jason, thank you for your review! We are extremely grateful that you choose us over three other companies for your answering needs. We take pride in providing professional, outgoing receptionists for your wonderful clients. We also dislike calling a business and reaching a monotone voice, which is why we offer a higher quality service and train our receptionists to be helpful and energetic. We want to have your clients excited to call your company and receive the best customer service.

Marianne, your account manager, is very loyal to her clients and I love hearing that she has been great to work with. She is always available to help with your account. I know she has reached out to you to make sure your portal needs are more satisfying for you. We want your experience easy and successful for you.

Thank you for your feedback and for trusting us with your valuable clients.

Best Regards, Gail

Abby Connect Management Team

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Abby Connect was listed positively and there are really positive reviews from others so I went ahead and tried their free trial. That was incredibly helpful because it proved the fact that they were incredibly useful towards our business. Surprisingly, it was a phenomenal experience from the get-go. Before, we had an automated recording saying that most of the answers can be found online and that customer can check out our FAQs. If they really needed something to get answered, they could leave a message and expect a call back within about five hours. But that wasn’t a really good experience for a guest.

Having Abby Connect definitely impacted the business in a positive way. It’s nice to get a person on the line. In fact, we're a unique customer for Abby Connect in the sense that everyone else uses them mostly for answering service or while you’re out of the office. But we are actually having them perform services that are a bit more advanced in the sense that they’re looking at some of our FAQs. They’re able to look into our system and see if you have a reservation. Then if it’s a more complex thing, they try to escalate it to one of us depending on where the problem is. When they forward the call to us, at least then we would know that it may be an urgent thing or a callback. If it’s not urgent, Abby Connect would take a message and say that we would call the guest back.

We’ve figured out a workflow too. We went back and forth with regards to figuring out how to better be able to answer some of the questions, tweaking the flow of when to reach out and telling someone when and when not to escalate something and who it should be escalated to. Their portal is really easy to use and in addition to the calls getting answered, we also get a notice for every call. There’s a call log that comes in to all of us so we have a distribution list, like a little summary of the calls that came in, if they were able to capture the name of the person, the number and what the call was regarding. It helps us get some feedback of what people are calling about and where we can maybe add information to the website to better the user experience.

I know that Abby Connect is more of a call answering service but I wish they can go one step deeper and allow our customers to place orders over the phone. That’s how our customers wanted to call in. So we have to basically say that for security reasons, and this is also on Abby Connect’s part, they have to go online and place their order there. But it also helps because a lot of our legal stuff is through signature by virtual documents. So we make sure that they have a working connection already, in order to be able to do that, because it won’t work over the phone. Other than that, the people at Abby Connect are super. They’re always willing and able to help. They’re also willing to go above and beyond, and that was what we wanted.

Abby Connect response

Hi Aleks, Thank you for switching over your live receptionist service to us! We are happy to hear you are pleased with our services from the get-go. Our receptionists pride themselves on offering a more personal feel as opposed to an automated recording. We are ecstatic to hear we’ve positively impacted your business. Abby Connect values the relationships with our clients and we encourage you to continue adjusting the call procedures and workflow best suited for your needs with your account manager. If you ever have suggestions on how to improve our service or new ideas for features, we'd love to hear them. Reach out to your account manager anytime to share your feedback. We look forward to assisting you in any future needs. Your receptionist, Valeria

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

When I was getting ready to fire my old service, I did some research on the internet and Abby Connect kept popping up in my search results. Abby has been very reliable and they follow my instructions. They do what they say they can do and I pay them a premium for 24/7 coverage while the other company overpromised and under-delivered. They presented themselves as bigger than what they were but when I called, it got really bad one weekend and they told me they don’t have the ability to do the work. I paid them a premium for the same thing. It was the third hiccup. It was a $5,000 piece of business that was getting ready to walk away and I happened to be there to see my phone. I called, I sealed with the deal and the business came in the door. But I was really fusilladed. What if I had not been there to see that? That’s $5,000 that just walked away and went to one of my competitors. Abby has not had that issue.

Abby's principal job is to answer my phone promptly, pleasantly and get me information so that I could get back to the people. They do it 24/7/355 which is what I need. In exchange, I pay them a hefty fee but I don’t burden the receptionist with doing client intake or asking a thousand questions because a large percentage of people who call my office hour is really crazy and stupid so, it is better for me to sift through that. I try to be a low maintenance client and they are fairly responsive. So, once they set up, the process was over. I had a few clarifying questions but I try not to bother them and I don’t want them to bother me. I just pay them for what they do. Abby is something that distinguishes me from my competitors. I want the people to like me and I got two compliments on my receptionist since I have been with Abby. I highly recommend them.

Abby Connect response

Hello Damon, We always make sure your calls are answered 24/7 so that you never lose your clients to your competitors. We are happy to hear that we help distinguish your business from others and that your clients enjoy working with us. We're sorry to hear that your previous answering service lost you business. We hope that never happens for you again. Thank you for switching your virtual reception service over to Abby Connect! Your Receptionist, Harley

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We are a small firm and we needed a reception service. I did a ton of research and I knew a lot of lawyers had been using a service called Ruby Reception, so I looked into them quite a bit. I almost went with Ruby but I looked online and read a lot about Abby Connect and decided to give them a try first. One of the things that I kept reading about Abby was that they had the opportunity to do longer hours of reception service and 24-hour rollover service if we needed it. We do personal injury as specifically geared towards law enforcement first responders and since they work 24/7, that is something we need. We only have two lawyers and a couple of employees here, so there is no way we could be on-call 24/7. But, if our clients needed to reach somebody, we needed someone that could take the call and at least send us a voicemail or an email.

Dealing with the Abby Connect team was pretty simple and the set-up took me about 30 minutes on the phone with them. They walked me through everything and wanted to know a little bit more about how they could explain different questions that are often asked. For example, how to get to our office, fax number and phone number, so they could answer questions on our behalf and not have to reach out to us. Then they would always call and introduce themselves. They would say, “Hi, Michelle. This is so and so with Abby. I’ve got so and so on the line and he wants XYZ,” so that I don’t have to take the call if I don’t like to. I can say, “Will you please take a message?” or “Sure, put them through” or “Can you send them to x person instead?”

They are always really great to talk to and it is lonely when I'm working in an office by myself, so sometimes, I will get a call from them and they brighten my day. It feels like I’m working with someone when I’m all alone. We love that they are so perky and they answer the phone right away and track us down on our cell and none of our clients know that they don’t work for us. We had just about five different people that always answer the phone, so everybody thinks that the receptionist works in our office. It doesn’t sound like the typical reception service that I’ve used in the past. Abby is super cost-effective and I’ve recommended them highly. In fact, one of our lawyers has a solo practice and he’s about to sign-up separately. I’ve come through a lot of different reception services in my time as a firm administrator with different law firms and Abby Connect is, by far, the best I’ve ever run across. I’m really happy with them.

Abby Connect response

Michelle, your kind words truly brightened our day. Thank you for giving us a shot and allowing us to earn your trust one call at a time. It’s fabulous to hear that the onboarding process went smoothly, and that we were able to fill in the gap for your 24/7 answering need. We know the value of every phone call and how crucial this service is to our clients. I also want to mention, that the team loves every opportunity they have to connect a call to you. We are a family-owned business, so our receptionists and clients also feel like our extended family. Your referrals have been the best form of “thank you” and we truly appreciate your vote of confidence in us. We look forward to building our relationship and being able to further assist in any future needs.

Your Abby Operations Director,

Marlene

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: July 18, 2019

Having Abby Connect has been of vital impact to our business. We were able to create a business that had a professional front side to it that we didn't have before. I had used a similar service in the past but didn't like them. I googled answering services, then found Abby Connect and I liked their philosophy of only having four or five people answering the calls. Also, the price point seemed reasonable for what I was looking for. We use the answering service, and then the voicemail form, and it’s pretty straightforward. It was a good solution for what we were looking for. They triaged the calls and they’ve been very professional. Their sales team was great, and as a whole, they have done everything very well. We’ve even thought about having them move to our other business.

Abby Connect response
Hi Tony! We are so happy that you enjoy our services and that we've been helping give your business a professional image! Having dedicated answering teams for our clients allows us to provide a consistent service for you and your clients. We pride ourselves in our quick onboarding and exceptional customer experience to make the day to day workload easier on our clients. I have enjoyed taking your calls and being able to connect with your callers. We'd love to answer for your other business!

Brittany

Original review: July 17, 2019

We switched over to Abby Connect about two months ago to not have to worry about answering the phone so often. They send us email messages and stuff, and it has freed up some time.

Hi Christopher,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Abby Connect as your virtual receptionist. We are glad that we are able to free up your time for your business so you don't have to worry about your phones. We look forward to taking your next call.

Mariah

Original review: July 4, 2019

I use Abby Connect's virtual receptionist service and it took my business to make people think that someone here is answering the phone, so in that way I don't miss any calls. Dealing with them has been very good and they’re always cheerful. They do a good job. I just don’t know if they could have an app where you could changeover the number through your phone when you’re not there. The only issue I have is that sometimes I'm not around to do the call forwarding, and I don’t know if there’s a way to do that through my phone. I have a part-time secretary, so let’s say she has to leave and now I have no phone coverage. So, I'm not in the office, if there was a way to do it remotely. Nevertheless, I would recommend Abby Connect. They also looked like the most reasonably priced option.

Abby Connect response
Hi Frank, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review. Here at Abby we pride ourselves in being cheerful and making sure you never miss a call. It is absolutely wonderful to know we are hitting our mark!

We always want to make your experience better. Your account manager will be in touch with you about some tips for call forwarding options, which is done through your phone carrier.

Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule and for your feedback!

Elizabeth L.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Working with Abby Connect has been extraordinarily convenient. We communicated with four different companies and we felt that Abby Connect was responsive and the cost of their services were good. So, we gave them a try. We generally only work with skilled professionals and with Abby Connect answering our calls for us, we don't need to have a person on the phone all the time. It's an incredibly convenient way to run a front desk and we also get transcripts of all incoming calls. Any interaction that we've had with them have been successful and we got whatever result we needed. We are satisfied with their service and have recommended them to other people.

Abby Connect response
Thank you so much Leah! As a small business, the most amazing compliment we could ever get is a referral so we really appreciate you recommending our services! I personally love taking your calls! It is our goal to free up your time and allow you to focus on your client's needs as we focus on yours! We appreciate each and every one of your callers and we will always strive for the best customer experience. Thank you for choosing all of us at Abby Connect and for being the best a pleasure to work with!

Elaine M.

Original review: June 19, 2019

The price point of Abby Connect seemed okay. And the reviews, too. We partnered with them and they answer all of our incoming calls, and they transfer based on different things. Working with them has impacted our business in a positive manner. They always deal with a live person and they’re very professional. They know what they're doing and they know how to get you set up pretty quickly. Everyone I’ve ever spoken to was very professional. However, the monthly fee is never exactly what you signed up for.

Abby Connect response

Billy - Thank you so much for taking some time and providing this feedback for Abby Connect. As the front lines of your business, we love hearing from our clients about the experience. It's nice to hear that testimonials from our current clients helped you give us a try and that in your time here with Abby Connect you have seen a positive impact on your business! Your team of receptionists are highly-trained and are always ready to handle any matter your clients call in with. As for your pricing concern, we'll be having your Account Manager, Angie, look into things further for you to ensure you are on the best package and call-handling procedures for your needs. You can also always access your Client Portal (online or through our app) to view your minute usage in real time! Here at Abby Connect, we pride ourselves on providing the best customer service available and to stand out among any other answering service by going above and beyond for your business!

Warm regards,

Kaitlyn

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information