4.8/5 (46 ratings)

About Abby Connect

Abby Connect states that it does everything with the mission of revolutionizing the small business customer experience to convert more callers into customers. The company uses a proprietary development program to ensure its live virtual receptionists are trained to provide professional and personable customer service to help businesses impress their callers and grow.

Abby Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We have three different companies that run through Abby Connect with 24/7 bilingual. We're using all the functionality that they offer and we've never had one problem. We get a lot of great compliments from the way they track us down and find us all over the country and make sure we get things handled. We have apartment buildings and we have contract manufacturing. So, we use everything from emergency services, paging, dispatching, as well as communicating problems in apartments where tenants might have a water leak or toilets backed up and we have to send somebody in. Abby tracks down maintenance and they pass on all the maintenance tickets and makes sure that we have all the proper tools when we arrive at the apartment building to correct the problem the first time rather than going back and forth.

We also run all of our sales through Abby Connect. So, anybody inquiring about renting an apartment goes through there. They have a list of about 20 questions they ask. They collect all the information, then they send that information over to us via email and text so that we can immediately respond and let the individuals know that we got their request for information and a potential rental. So, that way, they think we're the place to rent from. They really enabled our teams to over-communicate to both customers, as well as our internal organization because they work with all the latest technologies, the texting, the phone calls, the emails, and they do it 24/7. Also, they eliminate any barriers that we used to have with linguistics. But if they can start paying folks that speak Greek and Romanian and so on so that they can support multicultural tenants that we have, that would be great.

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of the customer experience for your clients! I'm glad to be a part of your dedicated team of receptionists, and we pride ourselves in featuring two bilingual receptionists in English and Spanish readily available to answer your calls. At Abby Connect, we ensure that your needs are met by prioritizing your company’s vision. We know that urgency is of high importance to your line of work, so we take pride in gathering all of the information from your potential new clients to best assist with their rental needs. We look forward to continuing to be a part of your team and being an element of your company. It has been a pleasure working with you, and please reach out if you need anything at all!

Saely G.

Get buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

We use Abby Connect for our after-hours phone calls. We use a regular answering service, and we found that Abby Connect was more like having your own reception staff still working 24/7. It was more of a professional way of answering the phone. It didn't sound like people were calling an answering service, it sounded more like they were reaching the office and Abby answers the phone as though they're reaching the office. It's been better that way because people are more apt to speak with someone when they think they're talking to an office. When they think they're talking to a service, they don't necessarily stay on the line. We had an answering service that we weren't so happy with. They were leaving people on hold, making people wait long, and not answering the phone for many rings. So, we made the switch to Abby. Then, we started out with using them after hours.

We were happy with the services, so we started using them throughout the day as overflow. So if we don't pick up the phone in a certain number of rings, we have them picking up the phone. It's worked out pretty well. We like that they'll answer our calls, and then they'll send us an email or they'll call directly to our line. If they can't get us, they send us an email with the information that we need, and then we call the people back. It's been a pretty good experience.

If I have a question or an issue, I've called and somebody has gotten on the phone with me and then it's been addressed. I've had a couple times where the individual that answered the phone maybe didn't have all the correct information, but that's been less so than in prior instances. We get pretty thorough messages that are left about what someone called about and what they need. They'll send us an email with that, and we can kind of parse through the message and determine whether it's an important call, not an important call or one we need to have.

Hello Carmine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, and we're delighted to know that we can be the helping hand that your firm needs throughout the day and after-hours! We know how important it can be for your firm to never miss a call, and your dedicated receptionist team and I are always readily available to help in any way that we can. We are very proud to hear about all the positive impacts we have made to your firm and to your clients. If there is anything you may need, please do not hesitate to reach out. We look forward to answering more of your calls!

Sharley R.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I was looking for a solution to make every single day less urgent, answering calls for the school I own. My business strategist said that I should get an answering service and my SEO company strongly referred Abby Connect. They put the call number in with dashes, which was really great because it was hard on the eye. The ongoing training’s been really smooth. When I don't want to talk to employers anymore, Abby Connect can direct them to the website, and our website’s almost up to speed to handle it and have it manage itself.

The only thing that's scary is that we're going to be at the 500-minute thing. We’re going to do four seasons and so my teammate and I are constantly watching the minutes to decide what to do. But we're just now getting into Q3. Our Q2 was well worth it and our busiest booking season, but moving into the slower seasons, I wish we weren't having to be on the ball with trying to figure out and check those minutes and setting up reminders for ourselves. I wish it was simpler around, like, “You guys really are closer to the 200 versus the 500.” I don’t want to lose this service, but at the same time, I don't want to pay for 300 plus minutes if I'm not using them.

Otherwise, Abby Connect is a miracle. Every receptionist that rings are as friendly and bubbly as can be. We have people thinking that with the way that the receptionist interacts the whole time, they’re talking to an extension to us, which is exactly the right thing. It’s so cool. I have to explain to them that we use a remote receptionist service. If Abby Connect was female-owned and operated, I could connect them to an entire network of folks that would use it. Nonetheless, they turn small business operators into small business owners.

Hi Whitney,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are very appreciative of the referral from your marketing company and for the opportunity to work with you and provide much-needed relief for you and your team! It's great to hear that any updates to your account and the training of your team have worked out well and we have been able to operate as a flawless extension of your team.

It was a pleasure speaking with you and your business partner the other day. I'm glad we could match you to the best package for your answering needs, while still providing support in your off-season. Please let me know any time I can help!

Your Customer Success Manager,

Katherine C.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Abby Connect seemed to be the most responsive out of all the companies that I talked to. They also had good pricing. We're using their receptionist service and they are answering our calls as if they were in the office. Then they're transferring them to us either blindly or just direct transfer or calling and checking in with us to make sure we want to take the call. They will also email us a message if it seems like it's a solicitor. They make a note of that. So that's really nice, that we're not just getting 76 voicemails of straight cold calls.

We did some downsizing and let go of our office manager and our receptionist who handled a lot of these calls. So, a lot of it would have ended up with me. The system that we've put in place has just saved me hours of having to handle phone calls and my daily work being interrupted by that. It's a great cost-saving as well, if you think we had two salaried positions that were doing some of this work.

They've been great. We've been able to refine our policies and protocols that we put in place when we started as we're going along, which is nice. It's not set in stone. Because we're property management, we run student housing properties around the country. We sometimes get upset residents, parents, and they seem to be dealing with that really well and it's not fun sometimes. The same person will call you back six times in a row. They seem to be managing that. With that as well, we’ve set up a new call flow if that's to happen again. They've been just great to work with as a team.

The one other thing I like about Abby compared to a couple of the others that I talked to, is that we have a group of receptionists working on our account, versus just people calling into a call center. They start to get to know the type of calls we're getting, get to know who the callers are. So, that's really helpful as well, that every call isn't brand new to the team that's answering.

Hello Ginger,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's our pleasure to be able to lessen your workload and make your daily work life much easier for you without the stress of having to answer calls. It's delightful to hear that we are also able to relieve your company of the extra expense of hiring an in-house receptionist and provide you with the flexibility of making any changes to your account as needed. Your team of dedicated receptionists and I are always here to better assist your company as well as every caller that we have the pleasure to speak to. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to provide you our best service. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything you need.

Kenna M.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Abby Connect is the best answering service ever. Initially, what we tried to do was have the operators schedule appointments for new clients or walk them through the process of our website and schedule an appointment that way but that was a little bit cumbersome. But I liked the way that Abby Connect was able to do the technology in a better way. We can change availability every day and there's a portal for that sort of thing. We can have calls forwarded to our cell phones. There's also somebody there to speak Spanish if we have a Spanish speaking client who calls in on the mainline.

The Abby Connect operators are friendly and they're energetic enough to keep people engaged. We've seen an increase in the number of people who are interested in trying to get us hired or at least talk to us about a legal matter. There had been a few bumps when we started, but we got it set up. We were able to address concerns. If I wasn't answering, rather than tracking me down on three different lines, the rep was able to find ways to streamline that and make it a lot more efficient.

Hello Bill,

Thank you so much for your review and for deeming us the best on the market! It really makes me so happy to hear about all the amazing things Abby has been able to help your firm with, especially in increasing your potential client numbers. I'm so glad we can provide you with convenience and ease by allowing you the opportunity to customize your account on a day-to-day basis, and by having two bilingual receptionists on your dedicated team, we're always ready to answer calls fluently and flawlessly. Making a personal connection is what we value most. I always look forward to taking your calls, as many of our other receptionists on your team. We are always happy to help, as best we can. Thank you again for your review! We look forward to taking more of your calls for many years to come!

Best Regards,

Sharley R.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Abby Connect has an entire employee address. If there are any issues with that, they call, and we'll push that information directly to the employee. If there are other issues, they always call me directly. Then anytime I've had changes, they've modified it and made the changes and adapted it. They've been great.

Hello Craig,

Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in partnering with us! As a member of your dedicated team of live receptionists, I want to express that we are so happy to answer your calls! We strive every day to be great for our clients and we're thrilled it shows. While trying to keep issues to a minimum, I'm glad that we've always been diligent in getting those fixed for you. Again, thank you for your review. If there is anything that you may need, please let us know. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your team.

Tarin T.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I like that the calls are all on Abby Connect's portal. I can log in and see the calls that have come in and see any notes about those. It's just that sometimes, their hold times can be a little long for people once they connect to somebody and then try and locate where to put the call.

Hi Yvonne,

We're so happy to hear that you're finding value in Abby Connect's account portal. The convenience of looking at your call logs is definitely a useful tool as it allows you to listen to call recordings, read message logs, easily update any contacts, and view invoice information. Here at Abby Connect, we strive for excellence and always work toward improving our customers' experiences! Thank you so much for your business. We look forward to answering your calls and helping you and your team for many years to come!

Savannah C.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

The service is really good. There's not much to answer on the phone but they do a great job. They get the calls over to us when we're not in the office. They're easy to work with. We call them from time to time as a customer and they do great. They do exactly what they've been instructed to do. The cost is inexpensive. For the amount of minutes that we use every month, the fee is phenomenal. If we went over, it's still extremely fair and certainly less money than hiring somebody to answer the phone, and then still we would only have 8:00 to 4:00, 9:00 to 5:00 coverage. With these guys, we have it pretty much around the clock.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us the great experience you have had with Abby Connect so far! I am pleased to hear that we are able to be that additional layer of support you need for your team at any time. We know how important it is to never miss a call! We promise to deliver excellent customer experiences with your callers and are happy to know that we are doing just that! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your team. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Happy New Year!

Emily V.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I've been able to answer and make initial communication or contact with the client who is contacting me. If I'm busy, Abby Connect is able to take the message and I can get back to them. A lot of times during my day, I'm going and Abby helps me to stay more focused on what it is that I'm doing because I don't have to stop and answer the calls or deal with an issue. When I first started, I was trying to figure out how to get the calls rerouted back to me so I had to add an additional line. But they were great with that. We've had a couple of little issues. And I wish there was a way for them to let me know how many minutes I'm using and when my amount is going to be doubled because I don't know until I get the billing. But overall, it's been good. They do a pretty good job and I'm happy.

Hi Esther,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your kind words. I'm thrilled to hear you are having a great experience with us, we truly enjoy answering and interacting with your callers! As part of your receptionist team, I can proudly say that we are all happy that we are able to help you stay focused through those busy days as well as provide you the opportunity to connect with your clients right away. Your Customer Success Manager, Katherine, was happy to let us know she worked with you on how to know how many minutes you have used through our Abby Connect Portal. We have a call volume tool within the portal that you will easily be able to view your billing start and end date, minute package, and how many minutes you've used within the billing cycle. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to continue to enhance your experience with us. We look forward to answering many more of your calls!

Meghan R.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I was doing Google searches for the best virtual receptionist. I was checking out Abby Connect's website and I sent in an inquiry. The salesperson I spoke with was telling me that Abby Connect is very familiar with law firms. So realizing that they're familiar with area of business, that was what mostly attracted me to Abby Connect. Overall, I’m satisfied with them. The feedback I've gotten is that it's professional. I had another virtual receptionist company before, and they weren't as professional. One of my clients said that every time they call, they always have to repeat the spelling, and it's a little bit tedious. Now, Abby Connect changed it to where they're going to ask like, “Are you an existing client?” So, they won't have to ask for the spelling each time. It's been addressed already.

Wana,

Thank you for leaving this kind review! Communication with our clients is key and we are pleased that we were able to provide a solution for your phone needs. At Abby Connect, we take pride in making a personal connection with each caller to best represent your firm as we may be your client's first impression. We look forward to assisting you into the new year with the same professionalism and personal attention that we strive to provide to each and every caller. If you have any updates or concerns or need any other assistance, please let us know!

Robyn D.

Abby Connect author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
    Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
    What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
    Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
    How does Abby Connect measure success?
    We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
    I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
    How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
    Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information