Call toll free
4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has provided top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services since 2005. With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

Abby is well-known for flexible call handling, and small dedicated reception teams that answer for businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

Plans begin at $279/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial. Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

View More View More

243 Abby Connect Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 13, 2019

I was doing research on an answering service and when I talked with a big company that I always hear on the radio, they told me that we were too small for them. Then, I did comparison shopping and I came across Abby Connect. I liked how they thought and what they had to say. I also liked that they are local and that they are in the same city I’m in. So, I called them up and they impressed me from the get-go, so they kinda won me over from day one. When I started working with them, I had nothing but positive experience from our initial account rep. In fact, I had a client who came in over the weekend and mentioned Mariah, the receptionist, by name. She told me about how great she was to talk to and I was telling Mariah that. So, we’re thrilled.

We've been using Abby Connect for six months now and I have recommended them. We use their virtual answering service and the voice. They also send the messages to us including text messages and emails. All of those are really convenient and our clients are much happier now. The perception is not that we’re not available, which is important because when we’re with clients, we don’t answer the phone because that’s inappropriate. So, that’s changed a lot, which is fabulous.

A couple of times, we didn’t get digital notifications of voicemails being there but we’ve had four actual voicemails in the six months that we've had Abby. Otherwise, people like to leave a message. All in all, I have been impressed with the quality of the service. I’ve had former clients come back after years of not being in the studio who mentioned to me how upbeat Abby Connect's reps are. They said that the way that people have answered the phone have been impressive and that they don't give a canned answer. It’s an answer that’s tailored to our business and how we do business. It feels very personal and that’s a big deal for us so that people would feel like they’re calling us, not a service. As a small business, that matters.

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of our services here at Abby Connect, we truly appreciate it. I'm so glad that you found us through your research and we have been able to provide great service to your company. We strive to add that personal touch for our client's callers and stand apart from the typical answering service experience. I'm truly excited to hear that we have provided you with such a great customer experience for the 6 months that you have been with us, we look forward to continuing our relationship with you! It's always a pleasure to answer your calls. Your account manager will follow up with you about voicemail notification to make sure everything is good. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Mariah

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I tested three different companies’ services out for a free trial, and found that the girls that answered my phones from Abby Connect seemed to be the most energetic, outgoing, and professional. They answer my calls very quickly and professionally. I also appreciated the call recording they were offering. Not every other company was able to get me instant call recordings from the calls that came in, so I could review those calls at a later time.

My rep at Abby Connect has been great. She has been very responsive and communicative and we have a good relationship going. Abby Connect is more expensive and on the higher end of the cost and if you compare, there are a lot of cheaper services out there. However, when I call in to a doctor’s office and the other companies are answering service calls, they are so monotone on the phone and there are always those weird sounds in the background of other people talking. It doesn’t seem very professional and I wanted to pay for extra for a service that I knew was gonna be a premium service. And that’s what I feel that I have with Abby Connect. It's the best solution that I could find, but I wish they were cheaper.

I enjoy the portal I have that I log in to to check everything. There were some technical changes that I requested that they could make to improve the portal a bit. Back on September 20th, my rep Marianne said that the software development team has been trying to make some significant changes or fix what I was having issues with, but I haven’t seen those changes yet. They said they were working on that a few months ago, but I haven’t seen that happen yet and was hoping to see that. They told me that they were going to be coming out with an app for our phone soon that hasn’t been released. There is an announcement area on the dashboard and the last announcement date was from 9/1/18. There should be some updates and I’m still waiting for them.

There is a bit of a lag time on some of the stuff, but it doesn’t really affect the core solution. When I listen to the call logs, I have to download it, but I’d rather go straight to the website and just hit the play button and play it through the website instead of having to download a WAV file, then use a third-party app to play it. They said they are working on that. The calls are recorded up until I answer the call and I was hoping there would be a way for me to optionally record my part of the conversation if I wanted to, but they said they can’t do that right now. I get a lot of sales calls and spam calls, and some of Abby Connect's other competitors won’t charge me for those calls. But Abby Connect does and it would be nice if they would do the same thing as what their competitors do. That would give Abby Connect a bit of an edge.

Abby Connect response

Jason, thank you for your review! We are extremely grateful that you choose us over three other companies for your answering needs. We take pride in providing professional, outgoing receptionists for your wonderful clients. We also dislike calling a business and reaching a monotone voice, which is why we offer a higher quality service and train our receptionists to be helpful and energetic. We want to have your clients excited to call your company and receive the best customer service.

Marianne, your account manager, is very loyal to her clients and I love hearing that she has been great to work with. She is always available to help with your account. I know she has reached out to you to make sure your portal needs are more satisfying for you. We want your experience easy and successful for you.

Thank you for your feedback and for trusting us with your valuable clients.

Best Regards, Gail

Abby Connect Management Team

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Abby Connect was listed positively and there are really positive reviews from others so I went ahead and tried their free trial. That was incredibly helpful because it proved the fact that they were incredibly useful towards our business. Surprisingly, it was a phenomenal experience from the get-go. Before, we had an automated recording saying that most of the answers can be found online and that customer can check out our FAQs. If they really needed something to get answered, they could leave a message and expect a call back within about five hours. But that wasn’t a really good experience for a guest.

Having Abby Connect definitely impacted the business in a positive way. It’s nice to get a person on the line. In fact, we're a unique customer for Abby Connect in the sense that everyone else uses them mostly for answering service or while you’re out of the office. But we are actually having them perform services that are a bit more advanced in the sense that they’re looking at some of our FAQs. They’re able to look into our system and see if you have a reservation. Then if it’s a more complex thing, they try to escalate it to one of us depending on where the problem is. When they forward the call to us, at least then we would know that it may be an urgent thing or a callback. If it’s not urgent, Abby Connect would take a message and say that we would call the guest back.

We’ve figured out a workflow too. We went back and forth with regards to figuring out how to better be able to answer some of the questions, tweaking the flow of when to reach out and telling someone when and when not to escalate something and who it should be escalated to. Their portal is really easy to use and in addition to the calls getting answered, we also get a notice for every call. There’s a call log that comes in to all of us so we have a distribution list, like a little summary of the calls that came in, if they were able to capture the name of the person, the number and what the call was regarding. It helps us get some feedback of what people are calling about and where we can maybe add information to the website to better the user experience.

I know that Abby Connect is more of a call answering service but I wish they can go one step deeper and allow our customers to place orders over the phone. That’s how our customers wanted to call in. So we have to basically say that for security reasons, and this is also on Abby Connect’s part, they have to go online and place their order there. But it also helps because a lot of our legal stuff is through signature by virtual documents. So we make sure that they have a working connection already, in order to be able to do that, because it won’t work over the phone. Other than that, the people at Abby Connect are super. They’re always willing and able to help. They’re also willing to go above and beyond, and that was what we wanted.

Abby Connect response

Hi Aleks, Thank you for switching over your live receptionist service to us! We are happy to hear you are pleased with our services from the get-go. Our receptionists pride themselves on offering a more personal feel as opposed to an automated recording. We are ecstatic to hear we’ve positively impacted your business. Abby Connect values the relationships with our clients and we encourage you to continue adjusting the call procedures and workflow best suited for your needs with your account manager. If you ever have suggestions on how to improve our service or new ideas for features, we'd love to hear them. Reach out to your account manager anytime to share your feedback. We look forward to assisting you in any future needs. Your receptionist, Valeria

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We are a small firm and we needed a reception service. I did a ton of research and I knew a lot of lawyers had been using a service called Ruby Reception, so I looked into them quite a bit. I almost went with Ruby but I looked online and read a lot about Abby Connect and decided to give them a try first. One of the things that I kept reading about Abby was that they had the opportunity to do longer hours of reception service and 24-hour rollover service if we needed it. We do personal injury as specifically geared towards law enforcement first responders and since they work 24/7, that is something we need. We only have two lawyers and a couple of employees here, so there is no way we could be on-call 24/7. But, if our clients needed to reach somebody, we needed someone that could take the call and at least send us a voicemail or an email.

Dealing with the Abby Connect team was pretty simple and the set-up took me about 30 minutes on the phone with them. They walked me through everything and wanted to know a little bit more about how they could explain different questions that are often asked. For example, how to get to our office, fax number and phone number, so they could answer questions on our behalf and not have to reach out to us. Then they would always call and introduce themselves. They would say, “Hi, Michelle. This is so and so with Abby. I’ve got so and so on the line and he wants XYZ,” so that I don’t have to take the call if I don’t like to. I can say, “Will you please take a message?” or “Sure, put them through” or “Can you send them to x person instead?”

They are always really great to talk to and it is lonely when I'm working in an office by myself, so sometimes, I will get a call from them and they brighten my day. It feels like I’m working with someone when I’m all alone. We love that they are so perky and they answer the phone right away and track us down on our cell and none of our clients know that they don’t work for us. We had just about five different people that always answer the phone, so everybody thinks that the receptionist works in our office. It doesn’t sound like the typical reception service that I’ve used in the past. Abby is super cost-effective and I’ve recommended them highly. In fact, one of our lawyers has a solo practice and he’s about to sign-up separately. I’ve come through a lot of different reception services in my time as a firm administrator with different law firms and Abby Connect is, by far, the best I’ve ever run across. I’m really happy with them.

Abby Connect response

Michelle, your kind words truly brightened our day. Thank you for giving us a shot and allowing us to earn your trust one call at a time. It’s fabulous to hear that the onboarding process went smoothly, and that we were able to fill in the gap for your 24/7 answering need. We know the value of every phone call and how crucial this service is to our clients. I also want to mention, that the team loves every opportunity they have to connect a call to you. We are a family-owned business, so our receptionists and clients also feel like our extended family. Your referrals have been the best form of “thank you” and we truly appreciate your vote of confidence in us. We look forward to building our relationship and being able to further assist in any future needs.

Your Abby Operations Director,

Marlene

Original review: June 25, 2018

I googled virtual call centers or virtual receptionist and there was a website that was more specific to that industry that had reviews. I filled out their forms. Abby Connect was one of the better ones reviewed there. I had another firm or two in mind. I called those other firms, but they didn’t answer and Abby Connect did. They were very friendly and I thought that if I’m hiring an answering service, I really would like Abby Connect to answer the phone.

Back in January, I used RingCentral and we tracked our calls. One of the problems we have as a property management company is we get a ton of calls and a lot of them are not important. Even though we’re a brand new business in January, we got around 1,200 calls in the month of January, so for two people to handle that was really hard. A part of hiring Abby Connect was I set up a phone tree first and then I hired another company to take some calls, and Abby Connect to take my sales calls that I couldn’t get to, as well as handling some that push through. It has been taking the call volume off my plate.

Before, when my phone rings, I had thought it was probably not important or probably something I shouldn’t stop to answer. Now, I know that when my phone rings, it’s important because either someone has my direct line trying to get a hold of me or Abby or if someone for some other emergency that’s got to get a hold of me. So, there’s been a huge reduction in stress for me and it has really helped me to focus on what’s important rather than what’s not important.

I have had a couple of interactions with my account manager at Abby Connect and with the ladies on the phone. In general, it’s been one of the most outstanding customer experiences I’ve had because of their attitude while they’re on the phone with you. For me, to have the confidence to know that my phones are at least being answered in such a cheerful, happy way is awesome and refreshing and also to know that they are on top of it. One time, someone asked for Amy and I didn’t even think to tell Abby Connect that I had someone now named Amy.

Before I knew it, I had an email or a call from my account manager within three minutes saying, “We’re so sorry, we didn’t know this.” I said, “Well, why are you apologizing? You should be chewing me out because I didn’t tell you about it.” And they said, “Well, can you tell us who is Amy and what kind of calls would you like routed to her and how would you like us to handle this or handle that?” It was awesome and they’re super on top of it.

Hi Chris,
As your account manager, I love hearing that we lighten your stress load and provide you with the outstanding customer service that you were searching for. There are several virtual receptionist services out there so the fact that you choose to give us a try is a huge compliment. We pride ourselves in answering your phones in a cheerful, happy way and making changes to your account in a quick, efficient manner. It is my pleasure going above and beyond for you and making sure your calls are handled as efficiently and accurately as possible. The receptionists and I are looking forward to a long-lasting relationship with your property management company! We thank you again for choosing us to be a part of your team.
Your Account Manager,

Marianne

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: June 14, 2019

We needed a little assistance on cutting down the junk phone calls that we received and got Abby Connect for call answering and forwarding. It has certainly saved us time in screening phone calls. We talk to them when they put a call through to us, or we email them if we have a request and need to add additional information for our services. Everybody’s been extremely friendly and polite.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I’m new in this office and I cannot yet afford to hire a receptionist. I prefer not everybody be directed to an answering machine or voicemail. I feel like that’s unprofessional and so I used Abby Connect. I really like the way that they ring me and let me know who’s on the line. I can speak or ask them to put them through to my voicemail. In terms of what they offer, the best thing is having a live person answering my phone. I also like the email feature for voicemails. It’s a little extra to add the text feature but I’m gonna do that because I really like the voicemail text.

At the very beginning I did one of those intro sessions where they asked how I would like the phone to be answered and how different calls should be handled. Everyone I’ve spoken with has been really friendly and courteous the whole time so that’s been really nice. I also had a friend of mine call to set up an appointment and she told me they were great.

Personally, I feel like Abby Connect presents a more professional appearance and that is a big part of being a lawyer because so much of what I do is showing up to the courthouse, doing the paperwork, and meeting with clients. I guess so much of it depends on how clients perceive me and my business. So it’s really important for them to have the perception that I am competent and I am a good attorney, but they need to believe that too because lay people don’t necessarily understand a whole lot of what attorneys do, so there needs to be some level of trust. In order for them to have that, they have to feel like you’re legitimate so that helps with that. Overall, I’ve been really pleased with the service and I’m happy about it.

Original review: June 8, 2019

We need help with the service handling our phone system so we got Abby Connect. We have them for live response, forwarding calls and for our messaging system. Working with them has been very helpful. They’re excellent. Everything we need, they're there for, for every category. I definitely recommend them to any colleague that would want, or anyone who’s looking to get the type of services they offer. I'm very, very satisfied with Abby Connect.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I’m the paralegal in the office, and we think Abby Connect is fantastic. I would refer them to everybody. I’ve been with the firm for about six months, and we’ve had Abby the whole time, and they're very polite and professional and a pleasure to work with. We’re busy in the office and we need the extra help. We can’t have clients calling us five times a day because then we can’t get any work done. Abby Connect calls us with new clients and they manage our phone service. It has allowed us to work more efficiently in the office versus answering the phone every five minutes. They introduce themselves and screen everybody on all the new calls.

Original review: May 29, 2019

A friend of mine who’s an attorney recommended Abby Connect. I’ve tried other services, but Abby is more upbeat and positive, and they tend to answer the phone, consistently. I send my Google ads calls, so I pay a fair amount to get people to click and call, and I’d send them to Abby because I know they’re gonna answer the phone and they’re gonna leave a good first impression. I got other calls that are kinda mediocre that I use another answering service for. But my most important calls are the ones I send to Abby Connect.

It is difficult to deal with added law firm knowledge on people who are not at a law firm, but Abby does a good job following instructions as far as a couple of screening bits of information that I want. But if they’re not certain, they always reach out and say, “Hey, I got a unusual situation,” or “This is kind of a slightly different thing here. What do you think?” And they’ve gotten enough information for me to make an informed decision, usually right off the bat. They’re great. I’ve tried using another service and they don't compare from a customer service standpoint at all. So I came back to Abby Connect. I’ve definitely recommended them to my friends.

Abby Connect response

Hi Mike, Thank you for this amazing review. We know you are busy, so we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Abby Connect. Having a consistent resource like Abby to answer calls from your Google Ads is so important. Helping firms like yours is exactly why our business exists and we're so pleased to hear that we've been helping you give that great first impression your callers need. Thanks again and look forward to talking to you!

Sandra Orta Dennis

Original review: May 11, 2019

I use Abby Connect's after-hour answering machine and the virtual assistant service which isn't virtual 'cause they’re real live persons. The team at Abby Connect are always polite. They have someone on the line, and then they connect the call through. Overall, they’re very good. It’s a good company and kind of expensive, but they’re reliable. Abby Connect has saved us time.

Abby Connect response
Thank you so much for taking the time out to give us this review. We here at Abby appreciate the kind words so much. We strive to be the best receptionists we can be to make sure that you and your clients are receiving a great, reliable customer experience! I'm glad that using our service saves you time - that's so important. Thank you again for sharing your experience, it means more to us than you know.

Can't wait to speak again, Tatianna

Original review: May 10, 2019

I heard about Abby Connect from a friend who uses them. We use Abby Connect mainly for answering calls when we’re busy. The initial set up went really well. And then, I also had them put some different on hold music for me and that went well, too. So, any interactions that I've had with them have been excellent. Using Abby Connect is helpful and much cheaper than hiring another person.

Good Morning Chris,

I want to personally thank you for the outstanding review! I am so happy you enjoy our virtual Reception services! We absolutely love taking your calls because of your amazing clients. We are glad we can make your day easier by taking the calls when it's busy! Your Account Manager, Marianne, is absolutely amazing, so I am so pleased to hear how great the initial set up was! Thank you so much for your review, it means so much to the wonderful Abby staff and me as well. We'll talk soon, Chris!

Warmest regards - Your receptionist,

Ludimer

Original review: May 9, 2019

I've had nothing but a positive experience with their service. It was super easy to set up and everything has gone seamlessly. It's been a huge stress relief and a no brainer for any small business owner. :) I'm so happy that I've chosen Abby Connect.

Hi Meghan,

I am so glad to hear that we here at Abby have been able to alleviate some stress for your company. It has also been a pleasure taking your calls. We truly appreciate you trusting us to create a connection with your clients. Thank you again for your positive feedback!

Your Abby Receptionist,

Jessie

Original review: May 4, 2019

I used VoiceNation before. With them, when the customers called, it seemed like it was a call center and not somebody working in your office. It is the opposite with Abby Connect. The transfer of the calls is good because they can transfer it to either myself or my assistant, depending on the need of the customer. And when they put everything into an email, when they take a message, that’s also great. They are always very friendly. They let me know who’s calling, and where they’re calling from and what they’re calling for, and then they transfer the call or they take a message depending on where I’m at the day.

Abby Connect helped in the fact that when people call, they think they’re talking to someone in your office, so we’re gathering a lot more information we may not have got before because if people just receive a voicemail, they probably would’ve just hung up and call the next company. It helps getting the information and being able to go back at a later date. It would be a good idea to give Abby Connect a try because they’ve helped me in a lot of ways. Being able to take on calls that I may not be able to answer at any time of the day would be definitely beneficial to anyone.

Abby Connect response
Hi Dave! We appreciate your feedback!! Abby Connect prides itself in not being "just an answering service," we truly care for your business and understand how important your clients are. We also understand that we are the first impression for your company and we should always make everyone feel welcome and like they are in the right hands! Running a business can be a very busy task and we love to help you by taking messages and making sure you receive all the information you may need to address the issue so you have fewer things to worry about. We are so pleased to hear that you, and your clients, are happy with our services. If there's anything we can do to improve, please let us know!

Jazmin G.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I googled Abby Connect, checked out their website, and looked at the services and stuff that they offer as well as their hours. Their services fit well with our needs and we got them to answer all of our inbound calls from our website. They answer every call, and it’s a lot. We have them do something probably a little bit different and unique than maybe other people. They fill out a lead capture form at our website when they field the call because we don’t wanna miss any of our customers’ information. That way, when they transfer the call, they’ve already gathered information which is vital for us. Also, if nobody’s available to take the call, we’ve already captured all that information. It gets text messaged and emailed over to us, so that we can have that information to call them as soon as possible if we missed the live lead transfer.

We’ve had some glitches with trying to get Abby to get the right calls in order as well as calling orders and stuff in order, but we have so many calls coming in, and we’ve been with them so long that it’s bound to happen. Still, Abby has had a good impact on our business. A lot of it has to do with the amount of money we spend on our marketing dollars to drive the business. But it has allowed us to never miss a phone call. And if we do, somebody’s answering the phone and capturing that data for us to be able to call them back.

Abby Connect response
Thank you for the awesome review! We're happy to accommodate your web lead form so that the information you need goes right into your system and you're alerted of the new lead right away. Thank you for allowing us to work on getting your call handling and routing just right. It's so important to have ALL your calls handled when you are actively marketing your services and phone number. Feedback like this is what helps us constantly improve our customer experiences by knowing exactly what we're doing right. So, I appreciate you taking the time and consideration to provide this helpful review!

Gabriela G.

Original review: April 26, 2019

We preferred Abby Connect's personalization and it seemed like they would understand our company a bit better. We use their answering service and partnering with them has made us more efficient because we’re not all struggling trying to answer phones. And it’s been super helpful. In fact, most of our customers don’t even realize that we have an answering service. It just fits very well with our culture. My interactions with their customer service team have been great. They’ve been super helpful when I need to add new employees or make any changes and just following up on calls. They’ve done a fantastic job, very professional and very polite.

Abby Connect response
Good afternoon Laurie, Thank you so much for the amazing review! You have some of the best customers I have come across, and I love taking your calls! We love hearing that we have helped you operate more efficiently - that's why we're here! Thank you so much for that review, it means so much to the wonderful Abby staff.

Ludimer C.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I use a virtual system from Abby Connect, but the parts that really help me are the messages that they leave and the 24-hour service. I like that they text me when I get a message, and if I respond, they could respond back. If a patient calls for a question and I'm too busy to return the call, I'll text Abby the answer and they'll do an outbound message or if the patient calls back again, they'll deliver that message for me. I'm happy with the service.

Abby Connect response

Hi Grace, We're so happy to hear that our 24-hour answering service and real-time messages about your calls have been helpful for your practice. I'm glad that we're able to respond to quick questions on your behalf when you are busy with other appointments. The purpose of our service is to help you operate more efficiently and I'm thrilled to hear that it's working well for you. If you ever need to make any changes or adjustments, please let me know.

Your Account Manager,

Angelica

Original review: April 19, 2019

A while ago, we used Ruby but we got rid of them and switched to Abby Connect. But they're pretty similar. We use Abby's live answering service and getting set up with them was pretty easy. We've been using them for six months now and partnering with them has been helpful to our business. Their receptionists are very nice though my exposure to them is limited to when they’re forwarding a call to me. Also, when the calls are forwarded to my cellphone if I'm in the car, a lot of times, there’s a lag that makes it a little difficult to talk to people. But other than that, I’m satisfied with their service.

Abby Connect response

Hi Tim, It has been an absolute pleasure answering for your company. I'm happy to hear that the set-up process went smoothly and most of all, that we've been helpful to your business. Your account manager will reach out to you to do some tests in regards to your mobile forwarding. Unfortunately, certain mobile phone carriers have this issue and it's often out of our control, but we do have alternative solutions that might work for you. Thanks again for the amazing feedback - your receptionist team was delighted to hear that things are going well.

Best,

Marianne

Original review: April 18, 2019

I use Abby Connect's live answering service and it has definitely filtered out some of the phone calls that I used to get. It saves me a lot of time. My friend handled the installation, so the experience was seamless. I've been with Abby Connect for eight months and they’ve done a good job. Everyone’s been very nice, polite, and easy to understand.

Hello Peter,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Abby Connect Virtual Receptionists. We are delighted to know that we save you time and are handling your needs efficiently. Here at Abby Connect, we always make sure to create both a positive and professional experience for our clients. Thank you for being a loyal customer, we are thrilled to be a part of your team.

Your Receptionist, Ariana

Original review: April 12, 2019

Before Abby Connect, I was with a service for about 16 years and when I called to find out about live receptionist, they sent me to a call center that you could tell was in a foreign country. I wanted to make sure that my customers were able to talk to somebody who spoke very good English. I did not want it to be farmed out to another country. So I’m very pleased with the service from Abby Connect. It's exceptional service. We asked our customers how the interaction was and they have praised how friendly and helpful the Abby Connect people are.

I also like the fact that Abby Connect had three different businesses and you can listen to a call based on if you are a new customer or an existing customer. Abby Connect now takes messages when I’m not in the office and on the weekend, and it has increased my sales. I also feel like they would do over and above what’s necessary. They put us first. They make sure that they know exactly what we want and they provide that service. It's been fantastic overall.

Abby Connect response

I am so glad you’re pleased with our services and that your customers have relayed great feedback to you about interacting with our team. We take pride in providing you and your customers with exceptional world-class service from our office in Las Vegas. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your business.

Sandra

Original review: March 13, 2019

I was looking for virtual services and I stumbled upon Abby Connect on the internet. I got their services and it's been great. The answering service is what's most important to us. But what stood out, which is also very important, was the transcription. With it, we can have an overview of the message even if we were not able to get the call. And the personableness of their representatives is the most important part of the equation. They're very pleasant and efficient to work with. It’s just a great team all-around. Abby Connect has created more efficiencies for us. They have allowed us to spend more time on the business and respond back to those who are reaching out to us when we have breaks in the day.

Abby Connect response

Hello Glenn, We are so glad you found us in your search for a virtual receptionist and that we've been able to meet your needs. We are pleased to hear that we help your business operate more efficiently and help you focus on other things. That's EXACTLY where we're here for. The team at Abby Connect takes pride in offering friendly and excellent customer service to our clients and their callers. Thank you again for the wonderful review! The rest of your receptionist team was so happy to hear your feedback! Your Receptionist, Sandra

Original review: March 5, 2019

Using Abby Connect has been a great decision. They are a little more expensive than a lot of places like AnswerForce, but it’s all worth the increased cost. I get the value from it. We used AnswerForce at my old firm and Abby is night and day, much better. I like that they have a team dedicated to my business. They answer the phones and help screen or gather some information. There have been a couple of times when they may not have gathered exactly the right information, but that has been the exception. My interactions with their reps have been awesome. I’ve had a lot of clients or potential clients comment on how much they like the receptionist. I also had after-hours, but it wasn’t worth the cost because there wasn’t a ton of calls. Abby Connect has exceeded my expectation and I’ll continue to use them.

Abby Connect response

Hello Paul, Thank you so much for the great recommendation! Your dedicated team of receptionists takes the time to learn about you and your company to efficiently provide the best support and accurate information to your clients. Our receptionists are always here to answer your calls professionally and with a smile. We apologize for missing some of your customers' right information the first time. Your account manager will reach out to you to ensure this issue is fully resolved now. It fills us with joy to know your clients love our services as well. Thank you for the wonderful review and for choosing our services! Your Receptionist, Heather W.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Abby Connect had a trial run and I liked my experience with it, so I went with them. They have consistent people who sound very positive. I mostly use the answering service and now that we have a live person answering, our client or prospect is a little more patient since they know that someone got the message.

Abby Connect response
Hi Richard, We are so glad you enjoyed our free 14-day trial and decided to use our virtual reception services. One of the things we pride ourselves on is our positive, friendly receptionists. We're glad to hear our answering service eases the minds of your patients knowing we'll always get your messages to you right away. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Your Receptionist, Katherine

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I did a general search for virtual receptionist and answering machine services and I knew about Abby Connect. After-hours is our biggest use for them. Everyone I talked to was super-friendly and the interaction with their staff was great.

Abby Connect response
Hello Zach, Thank you so much for the great feedback on our services. We are so glad you found us in your search for a virtual receptionist and we are happy you chose to use our services. We are pleased to hear our after-hours phone answering services are beneficial for your business. The team at Abby Connect takes pride in offering friendly and excellent customer service to our clients and their callers. Thank you again for the wonderful review!

Your Receptionist, Jeannette

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We use Abby Connect to answer our phones all the time and the team at Abby Connect has been good. Partnering with Abby Connect has been fine, although I am not convinced that our company needs them because we don’t get that many phone calls in general.

Hello Caine,
As your account manager, I love hearing that your experience with our virtual reception service has been good, but we would hate to see you go. I will be reaching out to you to discuss all the ways we can assist you with your call volume. As your receptionist team, we will always be here for you at any stage of your business life cycle. Again, much gratitude to you for your review and looking forward to talking about your account options.

-Marianne

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I was doing a web search for Ruby because I saw one of their ads and then, I was presented with a banner for Abby. I clicked on that through an organic search. I have spoken to Ruby and I wasn’t happy with what I heard so, I ended up looking at Abby Connect. I did a trial with them and the minute that I signed up, the way that they handled the interactions, the customer service, the account manager I interacted with, it was beyond anything that I’d ever experienced before in terms of professionalism and attention to detail. Going with them was a no-brainer at that point.

The experience I got even on a trial was far superior to what I’ve gotten even with paid accounts before. Right now, I'm using all of Abby's services and the Virtual Assistant is great. Customers told me that they didn’t realize that it was a virtual assistant. I also have customers who told me that whoever I hired was awesome. I’ve been super impressed and happy with the service. Everyone’s been great, too.

Abby Connect response
Hello Dipan, We appreciate your feedback, we are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed our free trial and services. Abby is committed to attention to detail, professionalism of all of our employees, and our customer service. It fills us with joy to know your clients love our services as well. We hope you continue to impress you with our service. Thank you for choosing us!

Your Receptionist, Jazmin

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was trying a few live answering companies that I found on Google. I had tried a few for a few days, but I didn’t like them. Then, I tried Abby and their service is a little more personal. Abby assigned a few people who would get to know the business and answer my calls. The other ones had a call center with hundreds of people wherein it would be a different person answering each time. And so, the people were just sort of caught off guard and didn’t know how to pronounce my name nor answer questions about my business.

I have the extended answering hours service with Abby. So far, partnering with them has been more professional. I have peace of mind knowing that when I can’t answer the phone, somebody will. I also listen to the recording sometimes and the people are really friendly to the callers. However, I set my status as one thing and they don’t always read what my status is. But other than that, it’s really good and I’m really glad to have them on board. Everybody’s really nice.

Abby Connect response

Hello Daisy, We pride ourselves on being your live receptionists and giving you a personalized feel with your call handling. Your dedicated team of receptionists takes the time to learn about you and your company to efficiently provide the best support and accurate information to your clients. Our receptionists are always here to answer your calls professionally and with a smile. We apologize for missing some of your important status updates. Your account manager will reach out to you to ensure this issue is fully resolved now. We are so happy to be a part of your team and thank you for the wonderful review! Your Receptionist, Kaitlyn G.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I had a different live answering company before and Abby is far better, not even close. We use the reception function for call screening, and now when somebody calls me, they’re greeted by somebody who’s nice, pleasant and confident. I didn’t have that before. If any issues come up, they get right on it and fix it immediately. I'm very happy with the service and I’d recommend it.

Abby Connect response

Greetings Ross! We are pleased to hear that your experience with Abby Connect has been so positive. We provide excellent customer service and warm greetings for callers because we know the value that has on the success of firms like yours. Offering customized call handling provides a tremendous benefit to many of our clients. We know that any issues that occur can have a large impact on operations, so our team makes it a top priority to respond and address those as quickly as possible which is why you have a dedicated account manager and receptionist team. Thank you for switching your virtual receptionist service to us! Your Receptionist Team Lead, Hannah

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We use Abby Connect as virtual receptionist and I'm very pleased with their service. It has positively impacted our business. But regardless of the amount of business it affects, it just is a helpful service. It makes us seem more professional when we actually have somebody answering the phones on our behalf. Every person we've worked with at Abby Connect has been professional and respectful as well. It's been great.

Abby Connect response
Hello Tom, Thank you for your compliments on our virtual receptionist service. We always strive to be professional, helpful, and respectful on every phone call we take for your business. We are so glad to hear that we positively impact your business and we look forward to continuing working with you and your customers.

Your Receptionist Team Leader, Mariah

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I originally went with Abby Connect to try them out because they gave me a free trial. I use the virtual assistance for incoming calls and it has been really good. I'm a solo person in here and they're very vital for my business when I'm not here doing other things for the business. Anyone who’s by themselves would definitely feel the same way. Also, when they're sending people over to me, they're always polite and very helpful. And Mary Anne, my person of contact, is always available by email. She's always helping me out if I have any questions. I would recommend them.

Abby Connect response

Hello Josh, Thank you so much for your stellar recommendation! We are so glad you completed our free trial and stayed with us afterward. We are happy to assist you with your incoming calls so that you have more time to provide your customers with the service they deserve.

At Abby Connect, we take pride in being polite and helpful to all of our clients' customers. Your account manager, Marianne, is amazing and you are in great hands with her. Thank you again, Josh, for the great review!

Your Receptionist Team Leader, Heather

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information