Call toll free
4.81/5
Based on 69 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has been providing top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services for over 12 years. Abby is well-known for its flexible call handling, and dedicated reception teams that are used by small to medium-sized businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

All calls are answered by a friendly receptionist Monday-Friday at your local time. After hours answering services are also available. Plans begin at $249/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial.

Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

174 Abby Connect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Working with Abby Connect has brought about a more professional appearance to our company and it has taken the load off of us in answering the telephone calls. We also utilized them for their Spanish-speaking abilities. When we were searching for this level of service, we wanted someone to be able to schedule our clients' appointments by using Calendly. Abby Connect said that they could do that for us contingent upon the scheduling being a simple process. They told us that they didn't use Calendly and asked if we could use another service instead. We also told them that depending on what they have, we would try it. So, they didn’t promise that they could use Calendly and provide the service that we wanted, but they didn’t give us any inkling that it would be a challenge for us.

After getting some time down the road trying to use what we have in place, they would not use our system. We bought a premium version of Calendly solely for Abby to be able to do what they said they could do for us, but Abby said it was declined and that they cannot schedule our appointments for us. They said we could give them a link which they could give to our clients who could then schedule their appointments themselves. But that is a turnoff for us. At this point, we don’t feel like having the pain of finding another company and another empty promise on the same project then having the same situation. But we're in bed with Calendly and we pay them. And we pay more money to use Abby's services than we would have had if we have not used them. So, we're a little unhappy about that and as soon as we hire someone who can look into another service solution provider, we're probably gonna switch.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I’m the only person running my business and I use Abby Connect's reception answering service. And I don’t miss phone calls so that means more sales for me. Their staff is quite nice and courteous. I’m pretty satisfied with their skills.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I’m glad I heard about Abby Connect. I used to have another live answering company but it wasn’t as personal at all. It was an answering service. Abby offers a lot more personal to a business and the other companies have not caught on to that. Abby has been great and seamless. Their people are excellent and the message is delivered as well as summation emails. They drop who needs to be dropped, take the calls and who they need to call. They are manning the phones and adding a personal touch. They are the first line of defense. If you call in to us, you are dealing with a human. So, it's delivering our product.

Abby has made all the difference with the simplicity of a human answering the phone, taking the message and someone like myself responding to the call. The last three weeks had been tough because I was down and ill. So, I had them just take messages and send them to me. There were a lot of calls but I responded to what I needed to. Abby Connect is like my assistant.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Abby Connect was introduced to me by the individual doing our website SEO. And since partnering with Abby, it freed up a lot of my time. They weed out a lot of calls where people call in to try and sell me something or services. I really enjoy what Abby is doing for us. Their team is always attentive to my needs whenever I call them to do changes or updates. They are also very courteous and very professional. They are doing a great job.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Abby Connect has been great. Partnering with them frees us up in order for us to get a lot done in our business. Clients call at all hours of the day as we work in a complex industry. Abby Connect is answering all hours of the day. They're open from 8:00 to 7:00 and after that, the calls that come are transcribed into e-mails and set to us. Overall, their team is great to work with and they're friendly. We deal with clients that are in trouble all day long as we work in high-end debt settlement deals. These people have major problems so Abby Connect's team tends to put a good light on a person calling in with trouble.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: June 5, 2018

Abby Connect is a pretty simple service. We have long established clients and most people call the account person that they need directly on the cellphone. So we don’t get very many calls and Abby Connect is our spillover service. They answer during regular business hours and forward them to us. They've always been very professional and we're very happy with them.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We used Specialty Answering Service or SAS before. And there's a big difference between that and Abby Connect. We were having a problem with accuracy of recording information before. But we don’t have that with Abby Connect, which is far more personable. We have been partnered with Abby Connect about three months now and it has impacted our business positively. When we left SAS, we had a couple of customer complaints and we basically told people that we would be switching answering service providers just for that fact. They transferred phone calls and it was pleasant. Everything seems to be going well and we’re happy.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Abby Connect has been a positive experience, which is why I just recently converted from their free promotional. They have given us a more personalized face for whoever is calling us and having a receptionist who picks up the phone when we have either potential clients, potential business partners and vendors makes things look professional. More connections are being made and it also minimizes lost business in a sense that sometimes, if there is no one to pick up a person's call, they'd just hang up and not gonna leave a message. I had RingCentral before and I had a Dial by Name Directory but it was that situation where you want to pound the phone and say, "Connect me with somebody so I can ask somebody a question and get on with my day."

Also Abby Connect's team is super cheery and positive. They always sound like they're happy to be at work, which is helpful because they're essentially representing our company. But what I really like is that you have an actual person there who can problem solve for you. They don't have to have a ton of business knowledge about our particular industry, but there is somebody who can be on the other end of the phone who's understanding and can help the caller find a person. Then they can also make phone calls. Also when someone calls, they tell you who's on the phone, asks you if you want to take the call at that moment or if they'd just take a message for you and to have the caller call back later. That's helpful. At this point, the price is right and our relationship with them has been good. I don't anticipate moving to anybody else in the near future.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I really like Abby Connect. I like their online reviews and I did a free trial. I was choosing between them and Ruby Receptionists and I thought they were cheaper for essentially the same quality. They're very professional and they sound like they’re just in your office. It doesn’t sound like an answering service and I liked how they’ve handled my calls so far.

They just do my call answering and that frees me up from answering the calls. They have a good, professional face to those who are calling so that I’m not the one answering, which is important to have. It’s a good value for the quality of the answering that they’re doing. They always seem upbeat and they answer in a friendly manner. I’ve just gotten good compliments from people who have called me. They think it’s my assistant in the office, which is a real, stark contrast from other answering services I’ve used.

Abby Connect response

Thank you so much, Joshua! We pride ourselves on sounding professional, upbeat and as if we were in your office. We appreciate hearing that your callers have complimented us and that we provide value to your law firm. Thank you again for switching your phone answering services to us!

Alondra A.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We use is the answering service of Abby Connect. They take the message and transcribe it for us and they do this at all times. Partnering with Abby Connect frees us up to do other things. I speak to the reps all the time and they seem fine.

Abby Connect response

Rob - Thank you so much for the review. We're so glad that our service frees up your time to focus on other tasks. We look forward to continuing to take messages and transcribe them for you! Please let us know if there is anything further that we can do to ensure your utmost satisfaction. Your Virtual Receptionist, Brittany

Original review: May 19, 2018

We needed an answering service, so I started doing some online research on live answering companies. We've mostly been using the answering service of Abby Connect. They were able to answer the calls that we were not able to. The interactions that we've had with the team at Abby Connect have all been energetic and very customer-focused. Since our business partnered with Abby Connect, the percentage of our voice mails has gone down from 25% to 12%. Everything has been very positive. Abby Connect is a very professional group.

Hello Sally,

We thank you for the amazing review of Abby Connect. We are so happy to know we have significantly reduced the amount of voicemails you have. We take absolute pride in not only being professional, but putting your customers’ needs first! We are thrilled that after your research you decided to pick us to provide your business a phone answering service. We thank you again for choosing us and being such a great customer!

Your Receptionist, Erika

Original review: May 11, 2018

We were a customer of Call Ruby but we were having some issues with the calls being properly connected and some other things. So, we started looking at what else was out there. We did some searching on the internet and I found Abby Connect. We talked to them and ended up switching over. We're still new in the process, we just did this back in March, but it's better. Abby Connect uses a team of up to only five where our previous company, whoever was answering the phone, it could be one of 20 different people, so it wasn't a good consistency. I felt the ability to have this smaller number of people only answering our calls will give us that consistency because they'll get to know us better as we go along.

We use the incoming calling the most. So, they're taking all of the calls that would normally go to our main line. And they're filtering those and then re-routing to the proper person. Everybody in our company has direct phone lines, so most of the time, people that are truly calling for us and our customers have access to those direct lines. But a lot of times, even our customers, they can't find that information and they'll just call the number on the website to get through.

So far, it has been a positive experience. They've been good to work with and they have weeded out all of the solicitations so that's been a time saver for us. They've been really professional and friendly. We've had to have to a few course corrections though. It's been a little bit tricky for them learning the difference between somebody who's calling to buy parts for an existing machine or if they wanna call to buy a new machine. And we worked through those things. Also, we've recently changed our sales. We've recently gone to territory sales and so we've given them additional people on specific territories to filter leads or the calls and that seems to have gone over very smoothly. It's been a good process and I'm happy with their service. I would tell others that they're definitely somebody they should take a look at.

Abby Connect response

Terri – It is truly an honor to hear your positive feedback. Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to share. We strive to set ourselves apart from our competition and we are so glad you found us through your research. We pride ourselves on establishing personal relationships with our customers and establishing trust and confidence with your callers through our teams. The more we familiarize ourselves with your outstanding company, the better we can tailor the calls to exactly what you need. Your account manager will always work with you to help your receptionist team make adjustments and improvements. Thank you again for switching over to Abby Connect!

Your Receptionist, Holli

Original review: April 27, 2018

The team at Abby Connect was okay and overall, we were satisfied with them. We used the virtual answering service and it was interim for us while we located someone to fill the position. The service was great and they met our expectations.

Abby Connect response

Hi Melvin! Thank you so much for your review. We truly understand the commitment it takes to finding someone to fill the right shoes for your CPA business and it was our pleasure to be your phone answering service in the meantime. We learned a lot from your CPA firm and we acknowledge the importance of being thorough, especially since we send you information for every call that comes in. We pride ourselves on making sure that we complete each task to its fullest and we want to make sure you are both satisfied and enjoying your customer experience. As your virtual receptionists, we will always be here for you at any stage of your business lifecycle. Again, much gratitude to you and your firm for your review and the positive experience we shared. Good luck with all your endeavors and let us know if you need us again!

Racquel

Original review: April 26, 2018

Abby Connect was offered as a service in the building where we were renting a virtual office space. We use their live reception services during regular business hours and I get the messages emailed to me. Abby Connect's always fine and gets the right information. I'd recommend them.

Hi Sherilyn,

Thank you for the review on our phone answering services. We pride ourselves on getting our customers the correct information they need to return calls and conduct business efficiently. We thank you again, Sherilyn, for taking the recommendation of your virtual office space provider and using us for your virtual receptionist service.

Mariah

Original review: April 25, 2018

I’ve heard of Ruby Receptionists and I went on to Google, looked up some top reviews, and Abby came on as recommended so I looked into it. We just have been with them for almost two months and they’ve been fantastic. They’ve done exactly what we wanted and everything we need to. They provided the bilingual capabilities which is huge for us because of our labor force. So, having those Spanish-speaking receptionists for one of our employee’s call is extremely helpful. They put a warm, friendly voice in front of every phone call.

My team has had raving reviews in terms of what Abby Connect has been able to do in streamlining their communication. And every time that I’ve been called to try to test their services, I've always had people who are super positive and warm. And they’re pretty effective at filtering all of our phone calls. We just had a basic auto-attendant through Comcast which had a dry cold feel and I absolutely love Abby Connect. I asked the receptionist to put most of my phone calls just through some sort of a voicemail or just take a message and send me an email. I love being able to get a quick email when I’m in meetings or working on projects. And just saying, “Hey. I just want to let you know I received a phone call and here’s what they said, and here’s your contact information.” It’s been extremely helpful.

Hello Chase,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. We are delighted to be able to provide bilingual virtual receptionist services to your company and employees. We strive to greet each of your customers with a warm, friendly voice. Thank you again, Chase, for switching your phone answering service over to Abby Connect.

Valeria

Original review: April 24, 2018

We've tried a live answering company in the past but Abby Connect does more so we switched. They schedule calls and meetings which the other one didn't do and that was important for us. Everything that I’ve had them do has been great. They’ve very pleasant and professional, and they know what they’re doing. It is one less big thing for me to worry about. It gives me a lot of additional time to do what I need to do.

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this fantastic review. We pride ourselves on being your pleasant and professional law firm receptionists and freeing up your time and worries. Thank you again, Christopher, for switching your answering services over to us!

Sincerely,

Elaine M.

Original review: April 23, 2018

We started using Abby Connect in February and right now we're just using them as our answering service. It’s been nice for me because if I’ve been out of the office, we know that the phones are covered. We have all noticed that it’s been a lot easier and nice services to have. Not as big as a headache. Before there was a lot of competition between sides of the office to try to answer the phone if I didn’t get to it quick enough. Just a lot of pettiness because there’s a lot of voices that we were hearing and that’s the maturity level that they had. So, it took away from some productivity, and it’s been nice because we haven’t had to deal with that.

When the girls call and transfer calls, they've been always super cheerful and helpful. That just means that when they’re answering the phones for our clients, they’re the same way and not mean. So, they’re just as professional service to our clients. I appreciate that. And then Marianne, my name contact as far as via email, is always quick and responsive.

There has just been some challenges as far as dealing with our clients because the clients that we actually work with and the clients that Abby Connect works with are different. It’s been a challenge to try to educate the team there at Abby Connect how it worked to get it to the right people in a timely manner. And it’s just teaching them the nature of our business. It’s not that they screwed up on anything. It’s just teaching them how it works to get to the right line.

Abby Connect response

Ranae! Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that Abby Connect has increased the productivity in your office.

When we answer your phone calls, being cheerful, helpful and professional is of the utmost importance. And we're so glad that you're pleased with our customer service. Your account manager, Marianne, makes customer satisfaction her number one priority.

Since February, we’ve learned a lot from your company. We acknowledge the importance of always getting calls transferred to the correct people and your account manager will continue to follow up with you regarding call transfers. We are grateful for both the time and patience you dedicated to us during this learning curve in your unique suite of services. - Racquel

Original review: April 22, 2018

I’m happy with Abby Connect. They’re very friendly, responsive and professional. They take messages and transfer calls. Partnering with them saved me money because I don’t have to have a full time receptionist in the office. The only criticism I have is that they sometimes misspell names of people who are calling.

Abby Connect response
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Abby Connect. Thank you for the kind words regarding our friendliness, responsiveness, and professionalism. We're thrilled to hear we've been able to save your company money. We also acknowledge the importance of always being thorough and your account manager will follow up with you regarding name spelling. We want to make sure you are both satisfied and enjoying your customer experience.
Please let us know if you need anything else.

Your Receptionist, Hannah

Original review: April 18, 2018

Abby is amazing. If you give them a specific list of outgoing calls, they can do that. Their outgoing call ability has been limited but I appreciate that they can call someone for me and tell them something in particular. And if I can’t speak to someone, they can call that person and arrange the time for me to call them back. I love that because I don’t have an office assistant. And their 24-hour service is awesome. Even at 3:00 in the morning, their voice still sounds the same as it did at 10:00 in the morning. And for every single phone call, you get the message immediately. Even when I call them to tell them something, they send me a message to tell me that I called them to tell them that. They're very thorough. Abby Connect has complemented my business because they’re so professional. They’ve allowed me to turn over a new face, and they have played a significant role in people resuming their sense of respect for me and my company.

I used Stericycle before and they were horrible. The people who took the calls at Stericycle were unprofessional. It took probably a thousand years for the system to be implemented and it was never correct. They did misspellings and they delayed, holding and sending the messages, so they always get sent in bundles. They also had a lot of hidden fees and they’re exceptionally expensive. I could’ve paid for a year of Abby with a month of them.

I love Abby Connect. The people working at Abby Connect are very prompt, patient, understanding, and comprehensive. You tell them something once and they get it. They're very uniform and you can’t tell a personality difference between any of them. They’re very protective too. The only negative experience I had was when someone was trying to help me, but her above and beyond was too much, and I never had to deal with that again. I just launched two new YouTube pages and I have Abby Connect listed it at the bottom of both, and I just have to get in touch with them. I think everyone should consider Abby Connect.

Abby Connect is great but I really wish that they could help me schedule appointments. I got them right when they were getting rid of that service, so that’s a disadvantage for me. Now with more doctor-preneurs blossoming, they could figure out a bundle price where they feel like they would be appropriately compensated. Unfortunately, and I’ve told them what’s gonna happen is that I’m gonna get another service that they could help me book appointments. Because I now realize the value of not having anyone here present as opposed to me having this service for this, and this service for that. I would hate to leave Abby Connect but I wish they could just reassess whatever their decision was to stop helping doctors book appointments and come up with a narrow way that it could be done where it’s cost-efficient. I wish that they could resume that service.

Abby Connect response

Thank you very much for your glowing review. I truly enjoy when you call in and we get to catch up on your business. All your receptionists absolutely enjoy speaking with your patients and providing that excellent customer service experience.

We understand how frustrating it is that we can not schedule your patients over the phone, but the majority of our industry has moved away from this in favor of online scheduling. This has provided a better experience for callers and businesses alike. What we can do is direct patients to your website if you have a scheduling link. We find that callers are happier with this because they have the times you are available to compare with their own calendar side by side, plus automatic confirmations and reminders. We have found this workaround to be very beneficial to most clients.

I also wanted to thank you for putting us on your YouTube video channel, we definitely appreciate the shout out. And finally, thank you for switching your phone answering service over to us. We are so glad you are pleased. I will reach out to discuss the ways in which we can help you further with your scheduling needs.

Warm regards,

Marianne

Original review: April 17, 2018

Overall, Abby Connect is pretty good. I use the after-hours answering feature the most. Also, I’ve spoken to our accounts rep, Marianne and she’s been great. She’s been responsive and she’s made the changes I’ve needed when needed. Definitely great customer service experience.

Abby Connect response
Hi Sarah, Thank you very much for the kind words. We’re glad to hear you enjoy our after-hours answering and great customer service. The virtual receptionists and account managers at Abby strive to always be responsive and be effective and efficient with account changes. I love answering all of your calls because of the wonderful energy your clients have towards your amazing company. Thank you so for having us as a part of your team.

Jessica

Original review: April 16, 2018

I previously used a different live answering company in other businesses and had some experience mainly with after-hours answering services. Abby Connect does a much better job at following the instructions that I wanted to be followed. I have some specific things that I want them to do or not to do, and they all seem to be really good at following those instructions. It allowed us to really focus on our most value-added tasks and allows them to give a professional greeting to our potential clients. They’re good at getting us the calls and the information on who’s calling even if we missed the call. We would’ve missed calls in the past had Abby not been in place.

I interacted with their team about a week ago when there was a potential new client who was calling in and he was really aggressive and had a bad attitude. He gave the receptionist a hard time. I got the message but it was professionally written. I could tell that this guy was being a problem and that’s something that we need to know if we’re gonna start working in with a client. I called the person the potential client and canceled our meeting and told him we were not interested in representing them. Then I called the receptionist herself who took the message and confirmed what happened. I thanked her for being professional in how she handled him and apologized for having to deal with him. I appreciated her going the extra mile to explain the attitude and so many other things that were going on in the call that saved us from having to deal with a nightmare client for months on end. I would recommend Abby Connect.

Abby Connect response

Hi Scott, Thank you so much for your review! We are constantly striving to meet (and exceed, of course!) our client's needs.

I'm truly blown away by your support with difficult callers. I appreciate you calling me after the incident with the aggressive customer a few weeks ago and being so complimentary.

Your firm is one of my favorite accounts to answer for. The three of you are so enthusiastic and happy to speak with us. It always brightens my day to speak with you.

Please let us know if you need anything. I look forward to speaking with you soon, Scott!

Katherine

Original review: April 15, 2018

I Googled a receptionist and found Abby Connect. We hired them to put people through and they also take messages and then their e-mail address. It made our business look more professional. We’ve had some issues with our long-time clients who said like, "Why do I have to get all these questions asked." We’ve been around for a really long time and they’re like, “What is going on over there?” I told Abby not to give them the fifth degree of questioning and just go through and Abby adjusted. I just send them a quick e-mail and then they let the girls know. I think it took a little bit to get them to adjust changing the way they push the call through, but I think we’re good now. But I have had some of our customers really think that the girls are really nice so it’s always good to hear.

Hi Sam,
Thank you so much for the kind review. We appreciate you letting us know we don't have to screen your long-term clients. After this change in process, we feel a better connection with your callers. We are also happy to hear your clients say that we are nice! Abby Connect always wants to make your business look more professional and have that friendly connection with your new and long-term clients. Please let us know if you need anything else.

One of your receptionists, Angie M.

Original review: April 14, 2018

We used to have Ruby Receptionists and then we wanted to switch to a 24/7 call center. We switched to Alert Communications but then they just weren’t working out for us. They didn’t have like the Ruby feel. They weren’t very personable, and we kept having a lot of different issues and client complaints. So we searched and we saw a few articles for Abby and we saw they had a lot of good reviews. We tried them out and we kept them. We haven’t had any issues with Abby Connect since we’ve been with them. We have switched to Abby Connect two and a half months ago. We have them as virtual assistant and the after hours service. We have a personal injury attorney and for him it’s vital that any car accident that happens during weekend that the client can call and speak to someone and make it seem like it’s someone from our firm that’s speaking with them.

Same thing for the virtual receptionist, we have it set up so after about three rings, it forwards onto them. It was great because before we’ve been getting a lot of missed calls. A lot of clients were are constantly calling back and just complaining, saying that “Hey, I called your front desk, left a message. I can’t get in contact with anyone.” That’s a huge help and we definitely needed some type of assistance with that. Abby Connect were really a joy to work with.

Abby Connect response
Thank you so much, Stephanie, for this amazing review. Our Abby team truly enjoys speaking with your clients. I’m so glad you found us through your online search and we can fit your need for personable law firm receptionists. I love that we can always depend on your team if we have questions on handling a call to ensure that each of your clients gets the best experience. We're thrilled to capture calls when your team is busy and we appreciate the compliments from your callers. Thanks for this amazing review, Stephanie!

Your Receptionist, Harley D.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I used Ruby for a little while before using Abby Connect and I like Abby better. Abby Connect is a little more personable, easy to deal with and they try to make me happy. Partnering with Abby Connect has been a good thing. Clients are happier and everyone was happier.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your amazing review of Abby Connect. We are so happy you made the virtual receptionist service switch over to us. It thrills us to hear that you and your clients are happy. We strive to be more than a service by being the most personable in the business; I am so glad it resonates through our calls. Thank you for the fantastic opportunity to assist you with your answering needs!

Elaine

Original review: April 7, 2018

We use Abby Connect's virtual assistant feature the most. It’s nice that we know that somebody’s there to answer the phone no matter what we’re doing. We had a different live answering company for a few days before and compared to Abby Connect, it was obvious that the other company was reading off a screen so it didn’t sound natural. We tried a few test calls and it didn’t go well. We've had good interactions with Abby Connect's reps. The only thing is Abby Connect bills us pretty high compared to the others. I would recommend them to anyone assuming they are willing to pay what it costs.

Abby Connect response
Thank you so much Matthew for taking the time to give us this review! We're thrilled you recognize the quality of our services in comparison to other phone answering services you tried. We at Abby Connect always make sure your clients are treated with courtesy and given a memorable experience. While our pricing reflects the quality of service we provide thanks to our training programs, we also work one-on-one with cost-conscious clients who are looking to cut back on minutes or try our referral program. You can speak with your account manager about money saving opportunities. Please let us know if you have any additional concerns or needs we can help address.

Mariah

Original review: April 6, 2018

I read an article about one of Abby Connect's competitors so I started doing some research and Googling around. It seemed Abby Connect would fit our needs for our small law firm. We use them for the 9-5 answering, in place of our live receptionist. We have a vacated receptionist for a long time so we're utilizing our paralegals and legal assistants. We've had a couple of little issues that have come up along the way based on just getting used to everything and the power outage on their end, but the Abby Connect reps that I have worked with have been very responsive of taking care of things.

The only thing that I've heard from a few people in the office was that every once in a while, the people answering the phone were a little too chipper. Almost like sometimes it was a touch fake as opposed to professional. It's not unprofessional but we're trying to portray a live receptionist that would be sitting at an office to the person on the other end of the phone. And we've never had a receptionist that was that excited about her job. They should pull that back a touch and have a little more professional voice. But overall, it has been a very positive experience. If a colleague asked me, I would recommend Abby Connect.

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience with our receptionists. We are beyond thrilled that your research led your company to join us. As a team, we are so happy to assist with managing your calls and freeing up your paralegals and legal assistants. Our receptionists truly are quite happy and excited about their jobs, but we first and foremost to sound professional, for whichever industry we are answering for, so we've passed your feedback onto the rest of your team. Thank you again Lisa for sharing your experience. Please contact us if you need anything.

Your Receptionist, Victoria

Original review: March 30, 2018

I would highly recommend Abby Connect. We use the voicemail and it's more cost effective to have them answer and then screen the call. If they need to talk to someone, they transfer it. So far, Abby Connect has been very helpful in that we have a customer service team that's busy and they don't have the constant interruptions on the phone. And we can take it on and off because we are cost-conscious. The benefit that we enjoy is that we have control of our cost and it's been great. In addition, I have spoken with Mary Ann and she's been very responsive. All of their representatives are, so I'm definitely happy.

Abby Connect response

Hi Cindy, Thank you so much for the amazing review! I am glad we can offer your business a cost-effective answering solution while providing amazing customer service to you and your clients. We are happy that taking your calls helps your team lower distractions that you take advantage of the freedom to forward at your convenience. We are always here and ready to assist whenever you need it.

Harley D.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Another company I was working with used Abby Connect. I like that whenever they send the call and I'm not there to accept it, they transcribe it and I can read it afterward. The service has been good and it's helpful for my business. And their reps are professional. I ran into one issue and in the beginning, I had to get my representative. Then she finally got online and got it taken care of. I've been happy with Abby Connect so far.

Andrea,

Thank you so much for the review! We're so glad you were referred to us. We strive to provide you and your company that non-stop customer experience you deserve. Please let us know if there is anything else your receptionist team or account manager can do for you. Thank you for being amazing! - Harley

Original review: March 23, 2018

We use Abby Connect as the middleman usually between 8:00 and 5:00 where they will call us and say, “So and so’s on the phone. Do you want me to take a message or patch them through?” We use that a lot when calls do come in. Their reps are very courteous and very polite with the customers that are calling in.

Abby Connect response

Amy, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love answering calls for your legal practice. Your customers are always so sweet and amazing to speak to. We strive to make every call count and to provide an unforgettable experience for your customers. If there is anything we can improve for you, please let us know.

Have a FABULOUS day!

Jazmin

Original review: March 21, 2018

Abby Connect definitely helped our business. They answer all the time. It’s nice having a live receptionist answer, which is the biggest thing for us. We don’t have to have somebody around full-time just to answer phones. Ther team has been very friendly and very helpful. Abby Connect is a great solution.

Abby Connect response

Thank you for the great review! Please know that it is always a pleasure to answer your calls and we pride ourselves on being able to offer your callers a friendly and helpful voice to assist them. Thank you as well for the opportunity to have us help your business grow and thrive. If you have any suggestions on how we can further help, please feel free to contact us! Thank you for being a part of our Abby family! - Jeannette

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information