4.8/5 (49 ratings)

About Abby Connect

Abby Connect has provided top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services since 2005. With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

Abby Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: May 14, 2021

Abby Connect seemed to be the most responsive out of all the companies that I talked to. They also had good pricing. We're using their receptionist service and they are answering our calls as if they were in the office. Then they're transferring them to us either blindly or just direct transfer or calling and checking in with us to make sure we want to take the call. They will also email us a message if it seems like it's a solicitor. They make a note of that. So that's really nice, that we're not just getting 76 voicemails of straight cold calls.

We did some downsizing and let go of our office manager and our receptionist who handled a lot of these calls. So, a lot of it would have ended up with me. The system that we've put in place has just saved me hours of having to handle phone calls and my daily work being interrupted by that. It's a great cost-saving as well, if you think we had two salaried positions that were doing some of this work.

They've been great. We've been able to refine our policies and protocols that we put in place when we started as we're going along, which is nice. It's not set in stone. Because we're property management, we run student housing properties around the country. We sometimes get upset residents, parents, and they seem to be dealing with that really well and it's not fun sometimes. The same person will call you back six times in a row. They seem to be managing that. With that as well, we’ve set up a new call flow if that's to happen again. They've been just great to work with as a team.

The one other thing I like about Abby compared to a couple of the others that I talked to, is that we have a group of receptionists working on our account, versus just people calling into a call center. They start to get to know the type of calls we're getting, get to know who the callers are. So, that's really helpful as well, that every call isn't brand new to the team that's answering.

Hello Ginger,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's our pleasure to be able to lessen your workload and make your daily work life much easier for you without the stress of having to answer calls. It's delightful to hear that we are also able to relieve your company of the extra expense of hiring an in-house receptionist and provide you with the flexibility of making any changes to your account as needed. Your team of dedicated receptionists and I are always here to better assist your company as well as every caller that we have the pleasure to speak to. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to provide you our best service. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything you need.

Your Receptionist,

Kenna M.

Get buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Abby Connect is the best answering service ever. Initially, what we tried to do was have the operators schedule appointments for new clients or walk them through the process of our website and schedule an appointment that way but that was a little bit cumbersome. But I liked the way that Abby Connect was able to do the technology in a better way. We can change availability every day and there's a portal for that sort of thing. We can have calls forwarded to our cell phones. There's also somebody there to speak Spanish if we have a Spanish speaking client who calls in on the mainline.

The Abby Connect operators are friendly and they're energetic enough to keep people engaged. We've seen an increase in the number of people who are interested in trying to get us hired or at least talk to us about a legal matter. There had been a few bumps when we started, but we got it set up. We were able to address concerns. If I wasn't answering, rather than tracking me down on three different lines, the rep was able to find ways to streamline that and make it a lot more efficient.

Hello Bill,

Thank you so much for your review and for deeming us the best on the market! It really makes me so happy to hear about all the amazing things Abby has been able to help your firm with, especially in increasing your potential client numbers. I'm so glad we can provide you with convenience and ease by allowing you the opportunity to customize your account on a day-to-day basis, and by having two bilingual receptionists on your dedicated team, we're always ready to answer calls fluently and flawlessly. Making a personal connection is what we value most. I always look forward to taking your calls, as many of our other receptionists on your team. We are always happy to help, as best we can. Thank you again for your review! We look forward to taking more of your calls for many years to come!

Best Regards,

Sharley R.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

We partnered with Abby Connect because they specialized in financial services firms, for one. They also have a dedicated team for us so our clients will not be calling into this huge call center and getting somebody different every time. We didn't want that because we're a small Midwestern family business with a lot of elder clients. We wanted them to have the familiarity of recognizing a voice perhaps or getting the same people each time they called in.

Hope and Katherine have been our contact people. They have been really super friendly, helpful and patient since the very beginning. Because with all of us working remotely, it was more of a challenge for us to all get together at the same time and figure out what we needed to do to make Abby Connect happen. We took three months to get this together and they were very patient with us and explained things very thoroughly.

We got the voicemail tree set up, so people can choose to either have Abby Connect connect them directly, or they can send an email, or now they can leave a voicemail. They have three different ways of contacting us. Our office manager is a lot happier now because she's not answering the phone all the time and she can get a lot of her work done. It seems like at least half of our calls on some days are just solicitors and hang-ups.

We've only had one problem area and that is back to those Midwestern, elderly, slow speaking clients. Several of our clients have complained that Abby Connect receptionists talk too fast and they can't understand them. Even I am on the portal a lot, at least once a week, and listen to the calls and they talk way too fast. I've been working with Katherine to ask specific people and I can tell by their initials on the call, to slow down for our Midwestern elderly clients. I keep checking on that because they forget every once in a while. That's been our only frustration.

Hello Deborah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review. We are so happy that you enjoy your team of dedicated receptionists, and that we are able to provide your clients a more personal experience.

We definitely understand that with the pandemic changing most in-office duties to work from home tasks, that getting everyone together for operational changes can be a challenge, and we are always ready when you are.

Your Customer Success Manager, Katherine, has been monitoring your calls and working with your team's leader to ensure we continue to slow down more for your callers. We always want to make sure they are getting the most excellent experience when calling and we appreciate your feedback. If there is anything else you may need, please let us know!

Your Friendly Receptionist,

Brittany H.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Our workload has gotten so extreme over the past year. Unlike some businesses, we've seen a massive increase and our business is very personal. A lot of clients, when they were calling our offices, they are getting sent to a general voicemail box or being put on hold for a long amount of time. I gave feedback to my boss that it would be a better client experience if they at least could speak to a human being on the phone. Many times, we're working with so many hundreds of vendors at one time that we may not be able to pick up a phone call and we don't know the number. But if we had the ability for someone else to screen the call so we could see if it's something that's 911 where we can pause what we're doing, that that would be beneficial. That's why I suggested the use of Abby Connect.

What I like about Abby is that it's the same group of people. We have six people on our team. They're answering phones from us for 9:00 to 6:00. We have a rollover plan where it rings first with our team members because we do have some VIP clients that if they didn't get the specific team member that they're calling, they would lose their minds.

After 9:00 to 6:00, they send us voicemails. We get text message and email alerts too. That's been something that's the most beneficial because we can have team members and litigation and closings and lunches, and a phone number can call that they don't recognize, and a text message goes right to their phone. They can glance down and see if it's something that they need to address immediately or they can wait, but they don't have to stop what they are doing or disrupt the current situation they are in or the relationship they're focusing on to take a call and find out who it is. We've used their callback feature but it's way more convoluted than it should be so we've only done that a couple of times.

Hello Lauren,

It's our pleasure to be a helping hand to your growing business! At Abby, we truly understand the importance of never having a missed call and I'm glad that your dedicated team of live receptionists and I are always ready to answer your calls and uphold the personal dynamic within your business. We also know the benefit of having fewer interruptions throughout the day and we're happy to know that having our text message and email features for your messages allows the convenience of more free time for you and your team to only answer urgently if needed. Your Customer Success Manager has been reaching out to you to see if we can clarify or improve any of our services for you, but we haven't been able to connect with you yet. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share the experience you've had with us. Thank you for letting us be an extension of your team!

-Your Friendly Receptionist,

Ariana C.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

We were looking for a Virtual Receptionist service that would integrate with some of the software that we used. Abby Connect was one of those services. I love the feel that I got when I called Abby Connect and the friendliness of the service. They were upbeat and sounded like they had a cup of sunshine for breakfast, which is what I was looking for. I wanted the super-cheesy sound. I wanted the, “We're happy to be alive” vibe when people called in. Because sometimes, when people are calling law firms, sometimes, they're not calling for a good reason. I wanted people who called us to know that the person on the other end was just as excited about their business as they are, or they were going to make them feel better about whatever was happening.

When I talked to Abby and told them that I was looking to switch, they didn't down our last service in order to make them look better. It was never about the old service. It was just about what Abby Connect could do for us. They have an app that allows us to be able to change their app preferences on-the-go, if they're receiving calls versus not receiving calls. I wanted somebody who was going to be an extension of our team, that people when they talk to Abby, would feel like they're talking to us. I wanted them to not think they were just getting a virtual receptionist that's in Nevada. I wanted them to feel that it was seamless and that was what I felt that Abby was giving us.

Abby also integrates with Clio, which is our client management software. When a prospect calls, they can take the information to start their file in Clio for us. Abby's already making appointments for us. They see our attorneys’ calendars. They can make appointments for them right away. Now, we're able to serve our prospective clients and our clients faster and better because they've already started the process. So, no longer do they have to call Abby, Abby takes a message, or they transfer them to me, and I'm not available and I have to call them back. There's none of that back-and-forth. That fosters the trust that we want to have with our clients, which is a really big deal to us.

We had an instance where one of the receptionists told someone they couldn't give somebody their email address. It was just a mistake. This receptionist not only just said, “Okay, sorry. I’ll do better next time." But what was really impressive to me, they called that person back and said, “I'm sorry. Let me give you the email address.” That step forward, that “I want to go the extra mile,” that, “I'm going to correct,” possibly could have been right. Because maybe we would have lost that person because they were like, “Why can’t I get the email address? I don't want to go with this company.” I never told the receptionist to do that and that was during the trial period. I was like, “I'm sold.”

Abby is a huge addition to our team because they really are the face of our company to all of our prospective clients. I ended up choosing Abby because I felt like they could handle that, they would do it well, the price was right, they integrate with our software and they're super-happy all the time. I would absolutely recommend Abby to someone else that called up and said, “Are you getting the best value for your dollar?” because they're able to do so much for us.

Hello Ninette,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review. Your experience truly highlights the excellence that we strive to deliver with every call that we take. Here at Abby, every connection matters and I'm delighted that we work seamlessly with your firm to ensure your callers feel they are in good hands regardless of what they may be calling about. Our service offerings expanded in early 2020 to include appointment scheduling and I'm happy to know that through our integration with Clio, we can provide you and your team ease and more time to serve your clients as efficiently as possible. It is our pleasure to be your helping hand in any way that we can other than just answering your calls. Thank you for trusting us to be an extension of your team and more importantly, to be the first impression to your callers and clients. We look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations! Have a safe and Happy New Year!

Your Customer Success Manager,

Vaimalo M.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I wanted Abby Connect's call service for answering. Everybody's nice and very responsive. It has been a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I was looking for a solution to make every single day less urgent, answering calls for the school I own. My business strategist said that I should get an answering service and my SEO company strongly referred Abby Connect. They put the call number in with dashes, which was really great because it was hard on the eye. The ongoing training’s been really smooth. When I don't want to talk to employers anymore, Abby Connect can direct them to the website, and our website’s almost up to speed to handle it and have it manage itself.

The only thing that's scary is that we're going to be at the 500-minute thing. We’re going to do four seasons and so my teammate and I are constantly watching the minutes to decide what to do. But we're just now getting into Q3. Our Q2 was well worth it and our busiest booking season, but moving into the slower seasons, I wish we weren't having to be on the ball with trying to figure out and check those minutes and setting up reminders for ourselves. I wish it was simpler around, like, “You guys really are closer to the 200 versus the 500.” I don’t want to lose this service, but at the same time, I don't want to pay for 300 plus minutes if I'm not using them.

Otherwise, Abby Connect is a miracle. Every receptionist that rings are as friendly and bubbly as can be. We have people thinking that with the way that the receptionist interacts the whole time, they’re talking to an extension to us, which is exactly the right thing. It’s so cool. I have to explain to them that we use a remote receptionist service. If Abby Connect was female-owned and operated, I could connect them to an entire network of folks that would use it. Nonetheless, they turn small business operators into small business owners.

Hi Whitney,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are very appreciative of the referral from your marketing company and for the opportunity to work with you and provide much-needed relief for you and your team! It's great to hear that any updates to your account and the training of your team have worked out well and we have been able to operate as a flawless extension of your team.

It was a pleasure speaking with you and your business partner the other day. I'm glad we could match you to the best package for your answering needs, while still providing support in your off-season. Please let me know any time I can help!

Your Customer Success Manager,

Katherine C.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

We needed some assistance with answering the phone. We were short-staffed. So, Abby is helping us with the phone system. It's good. I like it. Everyone's super nice at Abby. One suggestion from the team, is when Abby calls and someone is not able to pick up and the person does not leave a voicemail, it would be easier if we could identify who that person called. Because when it shows up on our caller ID, it just shows Abby. Other than that, Abby helps us because we have a high call volume. So, it lets get a more work done instead of answering the phone every two seconds. We're very happy with Abby.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Partnering with Abby Connect has allowed others that were answering the phones to focus on other job responsibilities. It’s a great reception service.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

An associate I know was using Abby Connect and since we were looking for service, he recommended them. We use them strictly for their receptionist service, then call routing. In terms of response from the customer rep interface, the service has been good. In terms of with the receptionists, it’s not horrible, but it also could be improved. When I get inbound calls, they transfer the call and that's all working fine. But when I ask for that individual's name, company and phone number, we lose that data. And a lot of times, in my position within the firm, it’s not great when I have to ask them these things. So we would prefer that the receptionist take that data than me.

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we appreciate your feedback! It's great to hear we were recommended to you by an associate, we love referrals. I'm so happy to hear that overall, you have been happy with our service. It was a pleasure working with you to make the necessary updates to your call handling procedures. Now that we've updated your call handling, a message will be sent to you any time your team of receptionists speaks to someone whether you're available for the transfer or not. This will be a great help as your receptionists will be collecting and sharing with you in real-time the information you need. As your Customer Success Manager, my goal is to ensure that we are doing everything we can for you to have fewer interruptions in your workday and I'm glad that I could be of help. If you have any more updates, questions, or possible concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email or phone.

Best,

Katherine C.

Abby Connect author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
    Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
    What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
    Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
    How does Abby Connect measure success?
    We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
    I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
    How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
    Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information