4.9/5 (42 ratings)

About Abby Connect

Abby Connect states that it does everything with the mission of revolutionizing the small business customer experience to convert more callers into customers. The company uses a proprietary development program to ensure its live virtual receptionists are trained to provide professional and personable customer service to help businesses impress their callers and grow.

Abby Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: March 30, 2022

We are an independent insurance agency, and we have a full time receptionist that also has other responsibilities. The goal is to have every call answered live by someone, and with only one person, that's difficult to do. We were having calls go to our IVR decision tree, and that wasn't the experience that we wanted, so we started looking for a virtual receptionist. I tried another company first, which was very disappointing in every way that matters, then I reached out to Abby as our second choice.

Abby Connect is answering the phone with a specific script, which the company I used before didn't tell me this initially, but once we got onboarding with them, they said, “Oh, we don't use scripts. You can't tell us the way that you want the calls answered.” With Abby, not only are they answering the phone following the script that we gave, but also, they're fielding some calls to keep it from going to some of our back office folks by asking some questions and putting the information into an email and sending it to us. That willingness to work with us is saving our staff time, which allows them to be more profitable and productive. Abby is helping us grow our bottom line, because whatever we've asked them to do, they have done.

The rep, Alexandra, has been great to work with, and the other thing that I really liked about Abby is the portal that not only do we have the ability to update with, “I'm going to be out this afternoon,” but also, their ability to store the script in the portal. To be able to go in, if I want to make a modification in the script, I just go to the portal and that's instantly pushed out to the team. We can change our packages and how many minutes we want. We can also look back at past history. They put a lot of tools into the portal that makes it very easy to manage the account with Abby. The only thing is every time I do a test call, I find that the receptionists are very consistent in the way that they answer the phone. They do follow the script. They do provide a great customer experience, and I’m very glad we found them. I’ve recommended them to a couple of agencies.

Hi Tom!

We’re grateful and overjoyed that you’ve taken the time to write us such a glowing review. It makes us proud to know that our customizable service has been able to support your staff, so they can be more efficient and profitable in their everyday duties. We look forward to continue providing the best possible service to you and your firm!

Jany R.

Get buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We have three different companies that run through Abby Connect with 24/7 bilingual. We're using all the functionality that they offer and we've never had one problem. We get a lot of great compliments from the way they track us down and find us all over the country and make sure we get things handled. We have apartment buildings and we have contract manufacturing. So, we use everything from emergency services, paging, dispatching, as well as communicating problems in apartments where tenants might have a water leak or toilets backed up and we have to send somebody in. Abby tracks down maintenance and they pass on all the maintenance tickets and makes sure that we have all the proper tools when we arrive at the apartment building to correct the problem the first time rather than going back and forth.

We also run all of our sales through Abby Connect. So, anybody inquiring about renting an apartment goes through there. They have a list of about 20 questions they ask. They collect all the information, then they send that information over to us via email and text so that we can immediately respond and let the individuals know that we got their request for information and a potential rental. So, that way, they think we're the place to rent from. They really enabled our teams to over-communicate to both customers, as well as our internal organization because they work with all the latest technologies, the texting, the phone calls, the emails, and they do it 24/7. Also, they eliminate any barriers that we used to have with linguistics. But if they can start paying folks that speak Greek and Romanian and so on so that they can support multicultural tenants that we have, that would be great.

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of the customer experience for your clients! I'm glad to be a part of your dedicated team of receptionists, and we pride ourselves in featuring two bilingual receptionists in English and Spanish readily available to answer your calls. At Abby Connect, we ensure that your needs are met by prioritizing your company’s vision. We know that urgency is of high importance to your line of work, so we take pride in gathering all of the information from your potential new clients to best assist with their rental needs. We look forward to continuing to be a part of your team and being an element of your company. It has been a pleasure working with you, and please reach out if you need anything at all!

Your Receptionist,

Saely G.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

We use Abby Connect for our after-hours phone calls. We use a regular answering service, and we found that Abby Connect was more like having your own reception staff still working 24/7. It was more of a professional way of answering the phone. It didn't sound like people were calling an answering service, it sounded more like they were reaching the office and Abby answers the phone as though they're reaching the office. It's been better that way because people are more apt to speak with someone when they think they're talking to an office. When they think they're talking to a service, they don't necessarily stay on the line. We had an answering service that we weren't so happy with. They were leaving people on hold, making people wait long, and not answering the phone for many rings. So, we made the switch to Abby. Then, we started out with using them after hours.

We were happy with the services, so we started using them throughout the day as overflow. So if we don't pick up the phone in a certain number of rings, we have them picking up the phone. It's worked out pretty well. We like that they'll answer our calls, and then they'll send us an email or they'll call directly to our line. If they can't get us, they send us an email with the information that we need, and then we call the people back. It's been a pretty good experience.

If I have a question or an issue, I've called and somebody has gotten on the phone with me and then it's been addressed. I've had a couple times where the individual that answered the phone maybe didn't have all the correct information, but that's been less so than in prior instances. We get pretty thorough messages that are left about what someone called about and what they need. They'll send us an email with that, and we can kind of parse through the message and determine whether it's an important call, not an important call or one we need to have.

Hello Carmine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, and we're delighted to know that we can be the helping hand that your firm needs throughout the day and after-hours! We know how important it can be for your firm to never miss a call, and your dedicated receptionist team and I are always readily available to help in any way that we can. We are very proud to hear about all the positive impacts we have made to your firm and to your clients. If there is anything you may need, please do not hesitate to reach out. We look forward to answering more of your calls!

Sharley R.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I was looking for a solution to make every single day less urgent, answering calls for the school I own. My business strategist said that I should get an answering service and my SEO company strongly referred Abby Connect. They put the call number in with dashes, which was really great because it was hard on the eye. The ongoing training’s been really smooth. When I don't want to talk to employers anymore, Abby Connect can direct them to the website, and our website’s almost up to speed to handle it and have it manage itself.

The only thing that's scary is that we're going to be at the 500-minute thing. We’re going to do four seasons and so my teammate and I are constantly watching the minutes to decide what to do. But we're just now getting into Q3. Our Q2 was well worth it and our busiest booking season, but moving into the slower seasons, I wish we weren't having to be on the ball with trying to figure out and check those minutes and setting up reminders for ourselves. I wish it was simpler around, like, “You guys really are closer to the 200 versus the 500.” I don’t want to lose this service, but at the same time, I don't want to pay for 300 plus minutes if I'm not using them.

Otherwise, Abby Connect is a miracle. Every receptionist that rings are as friendly and bubbly as can be. We have people thinking that with the way that the receptionist interacts the whole time, they’re talking to an extension to us, which is exactly the right thing. It’s so cool. I have to explain to them that we use a remote receptionist service. If Abby Connect was female-owned and operated, I could connect them to an entire network of folks that would use it. Nonetheless, they turn small business operators into small business owners.

Hi Whitney,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are very appreciative of the referral from your marketing company and for the opportunity to work with you and provide much-needed relief for you and your team! It's great to hear that any updates to your account and the training of your team have worked out well and we have been able to operate as a flawless extension of your team.

It was a pleasure speaking with you and your business partner the other day. I'm glad we could match you to the best package for your answering needs, while still providing support in your off-season. Please let me know any time I can help!

Your Customer Success Manager,

Katherine C.

Original review: July 30, 2021

When Abby Connect answers the phone, I read the email. I also get the little app on my phone. I rarely go on the dashboard because everything is sent to my email so I just look at and read there. As a matter of fact, 75% of the time, I see the number come through first in a split second before they pick up. Sometimes I'll recognize the number, or if the caller ID will say who it is, I don’t know who it is.

Having them has freed me up from constantly having to pick up the phone. This way, I decide whether I want to take the call or not. It puts me in control because about 30% of the calls are just 1-800 numbers, 877 numbers, or people that would just be bugging me for something or trying to make an appointment for something. I got one compliment about them. I got a lot of Spanish speaking people, and this older lady who cooks something for me, wanted me to go by her house to pick her up, which I did. She asked where is my secretary from. She thought the Spanish one is my secretary. I told her she's from Puerto Rico. She then told me to send the food to her as well.

Overall, I’m very happy with the service. It’s very cost-effective compared to what you get, the relief of your time, the convenience, and also records between the app and your emails. The way these folks handle everything, and things that come up, and things that they need to do, are meticulous. People think it’s somebody that works for me and sitting in my office. I really appreciate everything they do. It’s a big help.

Hello William,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! We know how busy the workday can tend to be so we're so happy we can help you have fewer interruptions throughout! As a Spanish speaker, I love to hear how your Spanish callers love to speak with us and it's so awesome to know that your clients have even offered us their treats! It's been our pleasure to work as an extension of your firm! Thank you again for your review!

Ashley G.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I was looking for a receptionist and they have a smaller minute package than anywhere else. We're a small business and I didn't use very many minutes, and they have the fewest. They’re good. It's nice that when DHL or FedEx or anybody calls, they get routed to our cellphone numbers.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Abby Connect has helped our business with directing customers to the right people and the team has been very professional. It’s a very good experience.

Hi Michael,

It is always a pleasure to work with Waco. We strive to take care of your clientele and to make sure that they feel heard and efficiently assisted. Thank you so much for trusting us!

Bany G.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Most people are impressed that they get a live person to talk to. We hear that all the time. They expect to hear a machine, but when they get a live person, it's really mindblowing to them to get that in this day and time, and that's what we really wanted. It has helped us in our campaign 100% because nobody else has it.

Hello Frederick,

This is why we love what we do here at Abby! Revolutionizing the customer experience is our mission, and we all enjoy taking your calls. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We can't wait to see the many great things you accomplish in your campaign!

Stephanie T.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The calls are better handled with Abby. Whenever they're training somebody new, sometimes there'll be something that isn't perfect. But they are very quick to correct and go back and retrain that person. They're very responsive. They step up quickly to correct a situation that isn't perfect. So they do a good job. They fill a niche for medium and small-sized businesses that are not ready to have a full-time receptionist sitting in the office. But even when we are ready for that, I would still use Abby for after-hours calls. Our company is about quality and customer experience and I feel the same about them.

Hello Mary,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so happy to know that we can be a solution for you and your team as your business grows. At Abby Connect, we always do our best to provide excellent customer service to all our callers and I'm glad that we are delivering on that promise. It's great to hear that you are having a great experience with us! It is always a pleasure taking your calls.

Valerie R.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The service is good, and we like Abby. We were with another answering service, then we gave Abby Connect a try and what they offered was great overall. They catch stuff and try to do damage control if they feel something didn't go quite right. They're good about calling and letting me know about a situation, if it was one of our clients that they don't think is gonna be so happy, but they tried everything they could, and they sent recordings. They're very proactive, as if our customers and clients are theirs, and get problems solved.

Anything I inquired about, I've always been given an answer, and everything has always worked out smoothly. Even down to voicemail setups, transferring calls and the staff, everything has been working pretty good. We went from using them part-time to eliminating our phone person and just using Abby. I would absolutely recommend them. It's an all-in-one service, and they really try to provide excellent customer service. We don't have any complaints, and our attorneys are hard to please. We haven't had the need to run anywhere or look for any other solutions.

Hello TaWana,

We appreciate you so much for taking the time to share these kind words about your experience partnering with us. I'm so glad that through our quick responses to any changes you have needed we have been able to help your firm run more smoothly. We really enjoy alleviating any stress from your day-to-day so you can focus on growing your firm. We're so happy to know that Abby Connect has been a better fit for you and your team! Thank you so much again for your review!

Your Receptionist,

Mariah L.

Abby Connect author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
    Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
    What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
    Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
    How does Abby Connect measure success?
    We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
    I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
    How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
    Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information