Call toll free
4.82/5
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Abby Connect has been providing top-rated virtual receptionist and answering services for over 12 years. Abby is well-known for its flexible call handling, and dedicated reception teams that are used by small to medium-sized businesses in law, accounting, real estate, home services and more.

With a proprietary training program and a focus on cultivating productive and rewarding relationships between businesses and customers, Abby Connect has created a niche for itself in the domain of elite reception services.

All calls are answered by a friendly receptionist Monday-Friday at your local time. After hours answering services are also available. Plans begin at $249/month after a no-obligation 14-day free trial.

Partnering with Abby Connect allows you to grow your business and never miss a call again!

Abby Connect Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

184 Abby Connect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 28, 2018

I did a little bit of research and then I had a Podcast which Abby Connect was sponsoring. I used somebody else before but that company and Abby Connect are worlds apart. I use Abby Connect's answering service and then the calendaring for consultations. Abby Connect saved me a lot of time and now I’m more efficient. I can focus on my work knowing that my leads are captured. Also, the interactions with their team are always amazing. Everybody is always smiling on the other line, I can hear it.

Abby Connect response
Karima, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and we love listening to your podcast. We’re ecstatic to hear that we are efficient and save you time as your phone answering service. We are always happy to take your calls with a friendly voice and smile and capture your firm's new leads. We thank you again for switching over to us and being such a great customer!

Your receptionist, Valeria

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I was looking around online for phone systems and came across Abby Connect. And I decided to go with them partially for the price and partially for the service. I use the call screening feature and it has been very good. It's been easier for a hand-off standpoint when somebody calls. And when it gets handed off, it comes off more professional. Everybody at Abby Connect has been great and they’ve done a good job so far. I'm very happy with the service and hopefully, they’ll keep doing what they’ve been doing. I would tell my friends that they should consider Abby Connect if they’re in a similar position.

Hi Mike,
Thank you so much for such a great review! We are so glad you found us through your online research. It's always a pleasure to screening your calls and answering your clients’ calls with a professional tone and friendly voice. Thank you again for choosing Abby Connect -- we are very happy to be your virtual receptionists!

Your Receptionist, Angie M.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I'm very happy with Abby Connect. Before I got them, I just referred people to my phones which was why I needed help. Their energy on the phone is dynamic and I couldn't replicate it. And that's exactly the energy that I need and I want to represent my business. I haven't missed a call on their part ever since.

Abby Connect response

Andrew, Thank you so much for the outstanding review. Our Abby Connect receptionists pride themselves on bringing friendly and positive energy to every call. First impressions are very valuable! We are thrilled to answer all your calls, so that your callers are addressed right away and given the BEST customer service. Thanks again! Your friendly receptionist, Monica

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I wanted to get an answering service, I remembered when I called ** once and I liked the way it was. I was told that they used Abby Connect. I am an office manager and I have a small office. It’s very important for us to have our phone answered by a live person whenever somebody’s out or we’re all out on an appointment. If we have a meeting out of the office, we would forward it to Abby Connect and then they would answer it. If there’s a client that needs us, they would call me right away. I like that a lot.

The team at Abby Connect is always very pleasant when they call me like they might have a caller on hold. I’ve heard feedback that they are pleasant to my clients too. My clients are happy. They always get a real person to answer the phone during business hours. It has impacted our business pretty well. Abby Connect is awesome and it’s not that expensive. It’s well worth it and I love them.

Abby Connect response

Susan, We are thrilled that you got to first experience Abby Connect as a caller and then decided to try us out for your business. Whenever you or someone in the office is out of the office, we are always here and ready to take every call. Impacting your business in such a positive way with a pleasant and friendly virtual receptionist is what Abby is all about. We love to hear that you find our service valuable. Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Your Receptionist, Brittany

Original review: July 23, 2018

I was looking for facts, cost and services and contacted Abby Connect. It turned out to be a pleasant experience. We keep our phone calls forwarded to them all the time and if it's somebody that they feel like we would want to talk to, like customers and suppliers, we have them put through. It helps us to screen out telemarketers and stuff like that, that we get all the time. Abby connect has been beneficial to our company. It takes a little pressure off of us to not to have somebody by the phone all the time and the reassurance that a live human is gonna talk to them and not a machine.

But when they put the callers on hold I'm not sure exactly what they tell them. But then, they have to turn around and make a phone call to us, tell us kinda what the call is regarding. And then, we tell them either to take a message or just send it through so a little bit of time passes. I had one fellow that was kinda frustrated about it. He got the impression that the agent was taking other phone calls in the time that he was on hold. In fact, she had called me to ask me if I wanted to talk to the guy or not. But that was the only time we've had anybody really think it was something less than seamless. And there's also a delay in the phone call so any time that they send a call through to my cell phone, there's a lag in the conversation. There's something systemic there that's a problem. So overall it's been somewhat liberating to have them working for us but then there's a couple of challenges that exist also.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abby Connect?

Original review: July 13, 2018

I would recommend Abby Connect. They answer calls as if they do work for our law firm, and they give excellent service. Abby was a referral from one of the girls who work here and because they offered a promotion, we went with them. We use their live answering service and they answer phone calls when I’m off or on vacation. Also, when I have errands to do, I just transfer the calls to our phone, so they answer and it helps us get all the calls. And then when it’s an emergency, they call my cellphone. I get feedback from my clients and they like whoever answers the phone. They think that they’re here at the office. And they said they were very friendly and professional.

Abby Connect response

Hi Angelica, Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are so thrilled you are happy with Abby Connect as your legal answering service. We take pride in answering the phone in a friendly and professional manner for your clients while you're busy or on vacation. Thank you again for using our answering service and we appreciate the recommendation from one of the ladies in your office. Your Receptionist, Jeanette

Original review: June 30, 2018

Abby Connect has been stellar. Setting up the system was really easy. And Abby Connect's customer service team always answered questions clearly. They're great and they've done a wonderful job. In fact, a lot of times we've had guests compliment us for the receptionist.

Hello Christopher,
We appreciate your fabulous feedback! We strive to make our set-up process painless and to always respond to service questions within a half hour. We love that your guests have complimented us, and we hope that's given them a positive impression of your business. Thank you again for the kind words!

Jazmin

Original review: June 25, 2018

I googled virtual call centers or virtual receptionist and there was a website that was more specific to that industry that had reviews. I filled out their forms. Abby Connect was one of the better ones reviewed there. I had another firm or two in mind. I called those other firms, but they didn’t answer and Abby Connect did. They were very friendly and I thought that if I’m hiring an answering service, I really would like Abby Connect to answer the phone.

Back in January, I used RingCentral and we tracked our calls. One of the problems we have as a property management company is we get a ton of calls and a lot of them are not important. Even though we’re a brand new business in January, we got around 1,200 calls in the month of January, so for two people to handle that was really hard. A part of hiring Abby Connect was I set up a phone tree first and then I hired another company to take some calls, and Abby Connect to take my sales calls that I couldn’t get to, as well as handling some that push through. It has been taking the call volume off my plate.

Before, when my phone rings, I had thought it was probably not important or probably something I shouldn’t stop to answer. Now, I know that when my phone rings, it’s important because either someone has my direct line trying to get a hold of me or Abby or if someone for some other emergency that’s got to get a hold of me. So, there’s been a huge reduction in stress for me and it has really helped me to focus on what’s important rather than what’s not important.

I have had a couple of interactions with my account manager at Abby Connect and with the ladies on the phone. In general, it’s been one of the most outstanding customer experiences I’ve had because of their attitude while they’re on the phone with you. For me, to have the confidence to know that my phones are at least being answered in such a cheerful, happy way is awesome and refreshing and also to know that they are on top of it. One time, someone asked for Amy and I didn’t even think to tell Abby Connect that I had someone now named Amy.

Before I knew it, I had an email or a call from my account manager within three minutes saying, “We’re so sorry, we didn’t know this.” I said, “Well, why are you apologizing? You should be chewing me out because I didn’t tell you about it.” And they said, “Well, can you tell us who is Amy and what kind of calls would you like routed to her and how would you like us to handle this or handle that?” It was awesome and they’re super on top of it.

Hi Chris,
As your account manager, I love hearing that we lighten your stress load and provide you with the outstanding customer service that you were searching for. There are several virtual receptionist services out there so the fact that you choose to give us a try is a huge compliment. We pride ourselves in answering your phones in a cheerful, happy way and making changes to your account in a quick, efficient manner. It is my pleasure going above and beyond for you and making sure your calls are handled as efficiently and accurately as possible. The receptionists and I are looking forward to a long-lasting relationship with your property management company! We thank you again for choosing us to be a part of your team.
Your Account Manager,

Marianne

Original review: June 24, 2018

We were dissatisfied with the company that we had before, then went online and Abby Connect popped up. Abby was easy to work with and 100% better than the previous company and we’re satisfied our experience with them. They sent a text and an email, so we got the message immediately. Since we went with them, we haven't had clients telling us to get rid of the service anymore. Other than that, we are on the East Coast and they are on the West Coast, and New Yorkers don’t take to that cherry up in the air of greeting with “Hi!” and they toned that down, so it’s perfect. They also took instructions and gave us what we asked for, so that was good.

Abby Connect response
Lola, Thank you for taking the time to provide this amazing review. It is important for us to be easy to work with and be adaptable to your company and client needs when taking messages and answering the phone. Thank you again for switching your phone answering service over to Abby Connect - we love working with you!

Elaine M.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We did a bunch of research on answering services in general for small businesses that weren’t like a big call center. We like that Abby Connect is the same dedicated team of people that answer our calls. It’s not like a giant room full of people. Now, their portal is good for access and their setup was easy to get going as well.

We had a couple little bumps when we got started. There were times that I had to babysit a bit because sometimes we saw that they put a lot of calls on hold for like a long time. Sometimes, if they’re busy, they’ll put people on hold or sometimes, all of our consumer calls go to one person in one place. But the good thing is that every time I had an issue, I reached out to Abby Connect and told them that we needed to fix it. They were really responsive. We stuck with them and stayed with them because they make the adjustments and then launch. So far, Abby Connect has been good. We figured that if they’re good at answering the phone for a legal office, then they could probably handle our calls since the people that call for legal offices are much more labor-intensive and are usually angry.

Hi Christin,
Thank you so much for giving us this feedback! We are so glad you found our small business answering service through your research. We pride ourselves on being able to make quick adjustment to your account based on your specific needs and giving your business personalized attention. If you have any additional changes, your account manager is always available to you. Thank you again for this great review and we love speaking with your customers!

Your Receptionist, Mariah

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2018

Working with Abby Connect has brought about a more professional appearance to our company and it has taken the load off of us in answering the telephone calls. We also utilized them for their Spanish-speaking abilities. When we were searching for this level of service, we wanted someone to be able to schedule our clients' appointments by using Calendly. Abby Connect said that they could do that for us contingent upon the scheduling being a simple process. They told us that they didn't use Calendly and asked if we could use another service instead. We also told them that depending on what they have, we would try it. So, they didn’t promise that they could use Calendly and provide the service that we wanted, but they didn’t give us any inkling that it would be a challenge for us.

After getting some time down the road trying to use what we have in place, they would not use our system. We bought a premium version of Calendly solely for Abby to be able to do what they said they could do for us, but Abby said it was declined and that they cannot schedule our appointments for us. They said we could give them a link which they could give to our clients who could then schedule their appointments themselves. But that is a turnoff for us. At this point, we don’t feel like having the pain of finding another company and another empty promise on the same project then having the same situation. But we're in bed with Calendly and we pay them. And we pay more money to use Abby's services than we would have had if we have not used them. So, we're a little unhappy about that and as soon as we hire someone who can look into another service solution provider, we're probably gonna switch.

Abby Connect response

Stephen, thank you for your review. We are proud to bring more professionalism to your company, and free up your time. I love hearing that our bilingual receptionists are a big help answering your calls.

As we discussed over the phone, I am so sorry we fell short on the calendar service for you and your company. We have learned and improved in this area, so that there is no confusion moving forward.

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to give us input on how we can make this process better for future clients. Thank you for sticking with us and giving us the opportunity to help you and your callers.

Gail Strum

Abby Connect Manager

Original review: June 17, 2018

I’m the only person running my business and I use Abby Connect's reception answering service. And I don’t miss phone calls so that means more sales for me. Their staff is quite nice and courteous. I’m pretty satisfied with their skills.

Hello Joshua,

We are so glad to be your virtual receptionist service! We love answering your phone calls and making sales for you in the process. We understand you are a busy business owner and we're glad we can be counted on to help you never miss important business call! We look forward to seeing your business grow!

Holli

Original review: June 13, 2018

Abby Connect was introduced to me by the individual doing our website SEO. And since partnering with Abby, it freed up a lot of my time. They weed out a lot of calls where people call in to try and sell me something or services. I really enjoy what Abby is doing for us. Their team is always attentive to my needs whenever I call them to do changes or updates. They are also very courteous and very professional. They are doing a great job.

Hi Eddie,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are all happy to assist with answering your calls and only passing along pertinent business phone calls to save you time! We pride ourselves on being attentive to our account changes and updates and always being professional when answering your phone. We're glad your consultant gave you our company name. Thank you again Eddie for sharing your experience.

Your Receptionist, Victoria

Original review: June 12, 2018

Abby Connect has been great. Partnering with them frees us up in order for us to get a lot done in our business. Clients call at all hours of the day as we work in a complex industry. Abby Connect is answering all hours of the day. They're open from 8:00 to 7:00 and after that, the calls that come are transcribed into e-mails and set to us. Overall, their team is great to work with and they're friendly. We deal with clients that are in trouble all day long as we work in high-end debt settlement deals. These people have major problems so Abby Connect's team tends to put a good light on a person calling in with trouble.

Hello Timothy,
We cannot thank you enough for this amazing review! We understand that your business plays a vital role in each of your client’s debt settlement deals. By providing non- stop and caring customer service for each one of your clients, we are thrilled we can make their experience a little better during their troubled time. We are happy to be available 24/7 for your clients, both new and current. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review!

Harley

Original review: June 5, 2018

Abby Connect is a pretty simple service. We have long established clients and most people call the account person that they need directly on the cellphone. So we don’t get very many calls and Abby Connect is our spillover service. They answer during regular business hours and forward them to us. They've always been very professional and we're very happy with them.

Hello Catriona,
Here at Abby we take pride in the simplicity of using our phone answering services. We love the opportunity to be your professional overflow phone service so you never miss that extremely important call. Thank you so much for the amazing review and for allowing us be a part of your team.

Your Receptionist, Erika

Original review: June 2, 2018

We used Specialty Answering Service or SAS before. And there's a big difference between that and Abby Connect. We were having a problem with accuracy of recording information before. But we don’t have that with Abby Connect, which is far more personable. We have been partnered with Abby Connect about three months now and it has impacted our business positively. When we left SAS, we had a couple of customer complaints and we basically told people that we would be switching answering service providers just for that fact. They transferred phone calls and it was pleasant. Everything seems to be going well and we’re happy.

Hello Brett,

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that we were able to jump right in and provide that quality care Abby Connect clients have grown to expect. We pride ourselves on being professional and personable to our clients through ensuring accuracy of information and a timely handling of all calls to aid in the generation of revenue for your organization. We look forward to a continued partnership and thank you for switching over to us.

Cori

Original review: June 1, 2018

Abby Connect has been a positive experience, which is why I just recently converted from their free promotional. They have given us a more personalized face for whoever is calling us and having a receptionist who picks up the phone when we have either potential clients, potential business partners and vendors makes things look professional. More connections are being made and it also minimizes lost business in a sense that sometimes, if there is no one to pick up a person's call, they'd just hang up and not gonna leave a message. I had RingCentral before and I had a Dial by Name Directory but it was that situation where you want to pound the phone and say, "Connect me with somebody so I can ask somebody a question and get on with my day."

Also Abby Connect's team is super cheery and positive. They always sound like they're happy to be at work, which is helpful because they're essentially representing our company. But what I really like is that you have an actual person there who can problem solve for you. They don't have to have a ton of business knowledge about our particular industry, but there is somebody who can be on the other end of the phone who's understanding and can help the caller find a person. Then they can also make phone calls. Also when someone calls, they tell you who's on the phone, asks you if you want to take the call at that moment or if they'd just take a message for you and to have the caller call back later. That's helpful. At this point, the price is right and our relationship with them has been good. I don't anticipate moving to anybody else in the near future.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I really like Abby Connect. I like their online reviews and I did a free trial. I was choosing between them and Ruby Receptionists and I thought they were cheaper for essentially the same quality. They're very professional and they sound like they’re just in your office. It doesn’t sound like an answering service and I liked how they’ve handled my calls so far.

They just do my call answering and that frees me up from answering the calls. They have a good, professional face to those who are calling so that I’m not the one answering, which is important to have. It’s a good value for the quality of the answering that they’re doing. They always seem upbeat and they answer in a friendly manner. I’ve just gotten good compliments from people who have called me. They think it’s my assistant in the office, which is a real, stark contrast from other answering services I’ve used.

Abby Connect response

Thank you so much, Joshua! We pride ourselves on sounding professional, upbeat and as if we were in your office. We appreciate hearing that your callers have complimented us and that we provide value to your law firm. Thank you again for switching your phone answering services to us!

Alondra A.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We use is the answering service of Abby Connect. They take the message and transcribe it for us and they do this at all times. Partnering with Abby Connect frees us up to do other things. I speak to the reps all the time and they seem fine.

Abby Connect response

Rob - Thank you so much for the review. We're so glad that our service frees up your time to focus on other tasks. We look forward to continuing to take messages and transcribe them for you! Please let us know if there is anything further that we can do to ensure your utmost satisfaction. Your Virtual Receptionist, Brittany

Original review: May 19, 2018

We needed an answering service, so I started doing some online research on live answering companies. We've mostly been using the answering service of Abby Connect. They were able to answer the calls that we were not able to. The interactions that we've had with the team at Abby Connect have all been energetic and very customer-focused. Since our business partnered with Abby Connect, the percentage of our voice mails has gone down from 25% to 12%. Everything has been very positive. Abby Connect is a very professional group.

Hello Sally,

We thank you for the amazing review of Abby Connect. We are so happy to know we have significantly reduced the amount of voicemails you have. We take absolute pride in not only being professional, but putting your customers’ needs first! We are thrilled that after your research you decided to pick us to provide your business a phone answering service. We thank you again for choosing us and being such a great customer!

Your Receptionist, Erika

Original review: May 11, 2018

We were a customer of Call Ruby but we were having some issues with the calls being properly connected and some other things. So, we started looking at what else was out there. We did some searching on the internet and I found Abby Connect. We talked to them and ended up switching over. We're still new in the process, we just did this back in March, but it's better. Abby Connect uses a team of up to only five where our previous company, whoever was answering the phone, it could be one of 20 different people, so it wasn't a good consistency. I felt the ability to have this smaller number of people only answering our calls will give us that consistency because they'll get to know us better as we go along.

We use the incoming calling the most. So, they're taking all of the calls that would normally go to our main line. And they're filtering those and then re-routing to the proper person. Everybody in our company has direct phone lines, so most of the time, people that are truly calling for us and our customers have access to those direct lines. But a lot of times, even our customers, they can't find that information and they'll just call the number on the website to get through.

So far, it has been a positive experience. They've been good to work with and they have weeded out all of the solicitations so that's been a time saver for us. They've been really professional and friendly. We've had to have to a few course corrections though. It's been a little bit tricky for them learning the difference between somebody who's calling to buy parts for an existing machine or if they wanna call to buy a new machine. And we worked through those things. Also, we've recently changed our sales. We've recently gone to territory sales and so we've given them additional people on specific territories to filter leads or the calls and that seems to have gone over very smoothly. It's been a good process and I'm happy with their service. I would tell others that they're definitely somebody they should take a look at.

Abby Connect response

Terri – It is truly an honor to hear your positive feedback. Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to share. We strive to set ourselves apart from our competition and we are so glad you found us through your research. We pride ourselves on establishing personal relationships with our customers and establishing trust and confidence with your callers through our teams. The more we familiarize ourselves with your outstanding company, the better we can tailor the calls to exactly what you need. Your account manager will always work with you to help your receptionist team make adjustments and improvements. Thank you again for switching over to Abby Connect!

Your Receptionist, Holli

Original review: April 27, 2018

The team at Abby Connect was okay and overall, we were satisfied with them. We used the virtual answering service and it was interim for us while we located someone to fill the position. The service was great and they met our expectations.

Abby Connect response

Hi Melvin! Thank you so much for your review. We truly understand the commitment it takes to finding someone to fill the right shoes for your CPA business and it was our pleasure to be your phone answering service in the meantime. We learned a lot from your CPA firm and we acknowledge the importance of being thorough, especially since we send you information for every call that comes in. We pride ourselves on making sure that we complete each task to its fullest and we want to make sure you are both satisfied and enjoying your customer experience. As your virtual receptionists, we will always be here for you at any stage of your business lifecycle. Again, much gratitude to you and your firm for your review and the positive experience we shared. Good luck with all your endeavors and let us know if you need us again!

Racquel

Original review: April 26, 2018

Abby Connect was offered as a service in the building where we were renting a virtual office space. We use their live reception services during regular business hours and I get the messages emailed to me. Abby Connect's always fine and gets the right information. I'd recommend them.

Hi Sherilyn,

Thank you for the review on our phone answering services. We pride ourselves on getting our customers the correct information they need to return calls and conduct business efficiently. We thank you again, Sherilyn, for taking the recommendation of your virtual office space provider and using us for your virtual receptionist service.

Mariah

Original review: April 25, 2018

I’ve heard of Ruby Receptionists and I went on to Google, looked up some top reviews, and Abby came on as recommended so I looked into it. We just have been with them for almost two months and they’ve been fantastic. They’ve done exactly what we wanted and everything we need to. They provided the bilingual capabilities which is huge for us because of our labor force. So, having those Spanish-speaking receptionists for one of our employee’s call is extremely helpful. They put a warm, friendly voice in front of every phone call.

My team has had raving reviews in terms of what Abby Connect has been able to do in streamlining their communication. And every time that I’ve been called to try to test their services, I've always had people who are super positive and warm. And they’re pretty effective at filtering all of our phone calls. We just had a basic auto-attendant through Comcast which had a dry cold feel and I absolutely love Abby Connect. I asked the receptionist to put most of my phone calls just through some sort of a voicemail or just take a message and send me an email. I love being able to get a quick email when I’m in meetings or working on projects. And just saying, “Hey. I just want to let you know I received a phone call and here’s what they said, and here’s your contact information.” It’s been extremely helpful.

Hello Chase,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. We are delighted to be able to provide bilingual virtual receptionist services to your company and employees. We strive to greet each of your customers with a warm, friendly voice. Thank you again, Chase, for switching your phone answering service over to Abby Connect.

Valeria

Original review: April 24, 2018

We've tried a live answering company in the past but Abby Connect does more so we switched. They schedule calls and meetings which the other one didn't do and that was important for us. Everything that I’ve had them do has been great. They’ve very pleasant and professional, and they know what they’re doing. It is one less big thing for me to worry about. It gives me a lot of additional time to do what I need to do.

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this fantastic review. We pride ourselves on being your pleasant and professional law firm receptionists and freeing up your time and worries. Thank you again, Christopher, for switching your answering services over to us!

Sincerely,

Elaine M.

Original review: April 23, 2018

We started using Abby Connect in February and right now we're just using them as our answering service. It’s been nice for me because if I’ve been out of the office, we know that the phones are covered. We have all noticed that it’s been a lot easier and nice services to have. Not as big as a headache. Before there was a lot of competition between sides of the office to try to answer the phone if I didn’t get to it quick enough. Just a lot of pettiness because there’s a lot of voices that we were hearing and that’s the maturity level that they had. So, it took away from some productivity, and it’s been nice because we haven’t had to deal with that.

When the girls call and transfer calls, they've been always super cheerful and helpful. That just means that when they’re answering the phones for our clients, they’re the same way and not mean. So, they’re just as professional service to our clients. I appreciate that. And then Marianne, my name contact as far as via email, is always quick and responsive.

There has just been some challenges as far as dealing with our clients because the clients that we actually work with and the clients that Abby Connect works with are different. It’s been a challenge to try to educate the team there at Abby Connect how it worked to get it to the right people in a timely manner. And it’s just teaching them the nature of our business. It’s not that they screwed up on anything. It’s just teaching them how it works to get to the right line.

Abby Connect response

Ranae! Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that Abby Connect has increased the productivity in your office.

When we answer your phone calls, being cheerful, helpful and professional is of the utmost importance. And we're so glad that you're pleased with our customer service. Your account manager, Marianne, makes customer satisfaction her number one priority.

Since February, we’ve learned a lot from your company. We acknowledge the importance of always getting calls transferred to the correct people and your account manager will continue to follow up with you regarding call transfers. We are grateful for both the time and patience you dedicated to us during this learning curve in your unique suite of services. - Racquel

Original review: April 22, 2018

I’m happy with Abby Connect. They’re very friendly, responsive and professional. They take messages and transfer calls. Partnering with them saved me money because I don’t have to have a full time receptionist in the office. The only criticism I have is that they sometimes misspell names of people who are calling.

Abby Connect response
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Abby Connect. Thank you for the kind words regarding our friendliness, responsiveness, and professionalism. We're thrilled to hear we've been able to save your company money. We also acknowledge the importance of always being thorough and your account manager will follow up with you regarding name spelling. We want to make sure you are both satisfied and enjoying your customer experience.
Please let us know if you need anything else.

Your Receptionist, Hannah

Original review: April 18, 2018

Abby is amazing. If you give them a specific list of outgoing calls, they can do that. Their outgoing call ability has been limited but I appreciate that they can call someone for me and tell them something in particular. And if I can’t speak to someone, they can call that person and arrange the time for me to call them back. I love that because I don’t have an office assistant. And their 24-hour service is awesome. Even at 3:00 in the morning, their voice still sounds the same as it did at 10:00 in the morning. And for every single phone call, you get the message immediately. Even when I call them to tell them something, they send me a message to tell me that I called them to tell them that. They're very thorough. Abby Connect has complemented my business because they’re so professional. They’ve allowed me to turn over a new face, and they have played a significant role in people resuming their sense of respect for me and my company.

I used Stericycle before and they were horrible. The people who took the calls at Stericycle were unprofessional. It took probably a thousand years for the system to be implemented and it was never correct. They did misspellings and they delayed, holding and sending the messages, so they always get sent in bundles. They also had a lot of hidden fees and they’re exceptionally expensive. I could’ve paid for a year of Abby with a month of them.

I love Abby Connect. The people working at Abby Connect are very prompt, patient, understanding, and comprehensive. You tell them something once and they get it. They're very uniform and you can’t tell a personality difference between any of them. They’re very protective too. The only negative experience I had was when someone was trying to help me, but her above and beyond was too much, and I never had to deal with that again. I just launched two new YouTube pages and I have Abby Connect listed it at the bottom of both, and I just have to get in touch with them. I think everyone should consider Abby Connect.

Abby Connect is great but I really wish that they could help me schedule appointments. I got them right when they were getting rid of that service, so that’s a disadvantage for me. Now with more doctor-preneurs blossoming, they could figure out a bundle price where they feel like they would be appropriately compensated. Unfortunately, and I’ve told them what’s gonna happen is that I’m gonna get another service that they could help me book appointments. Because I now realize the value of not having anyone here present as opposed to me having this service for this, and this service for that. I would hate to leave Abby Connect but I wish they could just reassess whatever their decision was to stop helping doctors book appointments and come up with a narrow way that it could be done where it’s cost-efficient. I wish that they could resume that service.

Abby Connect response

Thank you very much for your glowing review. I truly enjoy when you call in and we get to catch up on your business. All your receptionists absolutely enjoy speaking with your patients and providing that excellent customer service experience.

We understand how frustrating it is that we can not schedule your patients over the phone, but the majority of our industry has moved away from this in favor of online scheduling. This has provided a better experience for callers and businesses alike. What we can do is direct patients to your website if you have a scheduling link. We find that callers are happier with this because they have the times you are available to compare with their own calendar side by side, plus automatic confirmations and reminders. We have found this workaround to be very beneficial to most clients.

I also wanted to thank you for putting us on your YouTube video channel, we definitely appreciate the shout out. And finally, thank you for switching your phone answering service over to us. We are so glad you are pleased. I will reach out to discuss the ways in which we can help you further with your scheduling needs.

Warm regards,

Marianne

Original review: April 17, 2018

Overall, Abby Connect is pretty good. I use the after-hours answering feature the most. Also, I’ve spoken to our accounts rep, Marianne and she’s been great. She’s been responsive and she’s made the changes I’ve needed when needed. Definitely great customer service experience.

Abby Connect response
Hi Sarah, Thank you very much for the kind words. We’re glad to hear you enjoy our after-hours answering and great customer service. The virtual receptionists and account managers at Abby strive to always be responsive and be effective and efficient with account changes. I love answering all of your calls because of the wonderful energy your clients have towards your amazing company. Thank you so for having us as a part of your team.

Jessica

Original review: April 16, 2018

I previously used a different live answering company in other businesses and had some experience mainly with after-hours answering services. Abby Connect does a much better job at following the instructions that I wanted to be followed. I have some specific things that I want them to do or not to do, and they all seem to be really good at following those instructions. It allowed us to really focus on our most value-added tasks and allows them to give a professional greeting to our potential clients. They’re good at getting us the calls and the information on who’s calling even if we missed the call. We would’ve missed calls in the past had Abby not been in place.

I interacted with their team about a week ago when there was a potential new client who was calling in and he was really aggressive and had a bad attitude. He gave the receptionist a hard time. I got the message but it was professionally written. I could tell that this guy was being a problem and that’s something that we need to know if we’re gonna start working in with a client. I called the person the potential client and canceled our meeting and told him we were not interested in representing them. Then I called the receptionist herself who took the message and confirmed what happened. I thanked her for being professional in how she handled him and apologized for having to deal with him. I appreciated her going the extra mile to explain the attitude and so many other things that were going on in the call that saved us from having to deal with a nightmare client for months on end. I would recommend Abby Connect.

Abby Connect response

Hi Scott, Thank you so much for your review! We are constantly striving to meet (and exceed, of course!) our client's needs.

I'm truly blown away by your support with difficult callers. I appreciate you calling me after the incident with the aggressive customer a few weeks ago and being so complimentary.

Your firm is one of my favorite accounts to answer for. The three of you are so enthusiastic and happy to speak with us. It always brightens my day to speak with you.

Please let us know if you need anything. I look forward to speaking with you soon, Scott!

Katherine

Abby Connect expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Abby Connect offers U.S. based, off-site, live virtual receptionists that simplify customer service needs for busy professionals and businesses by skillfully handling incoming calls at a reduced cost in comparison to hiring a full-time employee. The company's virtual assistants filter calls through a screening process based on the client's needs to ensure that all necessary calls are transferred to the right people and right departments.

• Multiple means of communication: The company saves time with prompt delivery of messages using multiple communication methods including text and email.

• Reduce overhead: Abby Connect will reduce costs and need for hiring a full-time employees.

• Triage responses: The receptionists filter very important calls that require immediate attention from calls that can wait.

• Attentive customer service: Abby Connect offers quality customer service with a cheerful personality.

• Custom options: The company offers versatility with flexible options for using the service part-time, full-time or for taking overflow calls.

• Best for: This service is best for entrepreneurs, small businesses and working professionals such as lawyers or doctors whom are short on time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Abby Connect questions and answers

What problem is Abby Connect trying to solve?
Small companies cannot afford the cash and time investment to hire, train, manage and motivate receptionists to answer the phone calls. On the flip side they need their phone lines answered live by a professional receptionist so their calls do not go to voicemail or unanswered. Abby Connect provides a team of live receptionists at a fraction of the cost of hiring, training, managing and motivating an in-house receptionist.
What sets Abby Connect apart from the competition?
Abby Connect is focused on the quality of the customer service and wowing the client. We only assign five receptionists per account and only higher the best and brightest. Traditional answering services pay minimum wage, fail at motivating their receptionists and assign 50+ operators to each account. Abby achieves a level of personalization that is just not possible when you assign 50+ operators to an account. Some of our competitors only answer during the day Monday – Friday. We provide live receptionist services during the day, night and on weekends. Some of our competitors do not provide Spanish speaking receptionists whereas we do.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our company answers our clients’ phone lines like a receptionist of their company and focuses on wowing the caller. Our focus on our company culture and motivating the receptionists makes us better than our competition.
How does Abby Connect measure success?
We measure success based on the number of compliments our clients get from their callers about their receptionists.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
The biggest misconception consumers have about our industry is that all answering service/virtual receptionist companies can be lumped into one category. The truth is there are three categories in our industry that have very distinctive differences. The 1st category is a traditional answering service that is 24/7, has a large call center with 50+ operators and is the lowest cost solution. These companies were built around the medical field’s need for Doctors to get calls after hours and to be paged when there is an emergency. Their entire business model is built around quantity and low cost. The 2nd category is a virtual office/executive suite company that handles a company’s mail, provides meeting room and office space and answer their phone lines. Their core focus is in the space services they provide and phones are just a part of what they do. The 3rd category, which Abby Connect falls into, is a premium virtual receptionist company that has their core focus on answering phone calls for small companies and becoming the receptionist of the company they are answering for. In this category we are focused on really wowing the caller and surpassing any level of customer service that our client could provide on their own.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
In the past 5-10 years we have started to see the large call centers that were originally built to only take messages for Doctors try to market themselves as virtual receptionist companies that are focused on small businesses. These call centers still have the culture of cutting cost and not focusing on quality of service. The only thing that has changed is their marketing.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Abby Connect?
I wish every consumer could meet our receptionists in person. We have such an amazing group of receptionists and anyone would be proud to have an Abby Connect receptionist answer their calls.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We constantly receive incredible feedback from our customers. We have an extremely high retention rate.
How has Abby Connect grown or evolved?
Our company began as an executive suite company. We answered the phones for our office tenants and soon realized how well we were at providing exceptional customer service. This realization led us to start TelAssistant. TelAssistant was marketed as a virtual receptionist service that answers your phone line plus handle your companies scheduling. Over a 3 year period we found out that trying to learn a company’s scheduling platform and schedule a patient or caller was too time consuming and not cost effective for our client. We also found there were mistakes made and it was extremely difficult to become experts at each individual scheduler. We did not want to do anything we were not experts at which led us to re-brand as Abby Connect. Abby Connect’s only mission is to wow the callers for our clients and provide the best customer service experience over the phone as possible.

Abby Connect Company Information

2005
10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150
Las Vegas
NV
877-303-5757
www.abbyconnect.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business