4.72/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Answer 1

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Answer 1 is the only virtual receptionist service provider that is dedicated to becoming an extension of your business. Our receptionists are available 24/7/365 and backed by industry leading technology that allows them to provide your clients an exceptional experience while you concentrate on running your business.

From qualifying leads, appointment scheduling and traditional answering services, to enhanced support and integration with your business tools, Answer 1 offers these great services and more.

Answer 1 Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 2, 2017

161 Answer 1 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

It’s cheaper to hire an answering service than it is to pay a live body so I partnered with Answer 1. They answer all of our calls after the second ring. It’s just like having a receptionist and they’re very professional when they answer the calls so we’re very satisfied with them. Their reps were extremely professional and very friendly. We’re very happy with them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Answer 1 has been in the company when I started working here a year ago. We’ve been using the after-call service and I just pay the bill once a month. However, we had a couple of hiccups with the communication with them. My tenant called Answer 1 and the rep told us that they don’t service us which I think was because our name was incorrect. I’ve been getting calls from Answer 1 but nobody’s leaving me messages. I’ve reached out to our point of contact through email. I had her address this issue three times and she’s been very nice.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We got inundated with calls and the after hours, so we used the receptionist service from Answer 1 and we were able to stay on top of the calls. Also, their reps were always pleasant to speak with when they patched a call through. They did a good job overall and Answer 1 was a very nice feature to have.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Our company uses Answer 1 and we utilize the answering service. They’re doing good and I’m happy with them. I’m able to speak with their representatives whenever I need to. They're efficient as well.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Consumer Reports and other sites highly recommended Answer 1 so we partnered with them. We use their live answering and message taking services which have been tremendously helpful. Their representatives that take the calls have been very friendly, accommodating and accurate in the information that they obtain. Answer 1's a little pricey but the price is worth it for what you get.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Answer 1?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We partnered with Answer 1 to make things a little easier here on all of us because we do sometimes get quite a bit of calls. However, there have been some issues that we’ve been trying to get resolved with them that we have not been able to get anywhere with. When it comes to the programming when they submit a trouble ticket over to us, they put the subject line as 3341 and we have asked them repetitively to adjust that because when we’ve got 10 to 20 tickets in a group, we don’t know which ticket is for what job. That takes time away from having to figure that out. We’ve also had issues with the call quality as well. I’m hearing myself echo when I'm talking on the phone.

Another issue that we had was the call flow like getting things where they needed to go. It’s a brand new service and we haven’t had them for too long so I understand that there’s going to be hiccups down the road until we get that all straightened out. But we’re constantly reaching out saying, “Please fix this.” And it seems like nothing’s been done. Other than that, it’s been a good service. The representatives that I do speak with that take my calls for me have been pretty good but it’s just that it's a weekly occurrence that we have to reach out at some point to get the requests we've been putting in rectified and it’s starting to impact things. They’re a good company thus far. They do a pretty good job with taking messages and whatnot. I haven’t had too many issues aside from what I’ve mentioned. However, the timeliness of getting these issues completed is a problem but I would still recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We have contracts with the DESDADV and part of our protocol is we need to ensure that if it's after hours, we have to return a message within 15 minutes. We wanted to make sure that that was being accommodated. We use the service of Answer 1 for answering calls after hours. All the interactions with their reps have been very positive. Since working with Answer 1, we don't have any deficits in returning calls. They are efficient and get the job done.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

After 6 months they can't consistently pronounce my name. When a client ask for my services, they have a hard time reading the basic language of my website. When I have brought this up and asked for a response, I have received an apology. However, I have not received a response to fix it. They advertise many services that they have not followed through on. I would highly encourage you to take your business elsewhere.

Hi Dr. Mulchay,

Thank you so much for sharing your concerns with us. I know you have been working closely with your Account Specialist and a scheduling solution is in place. Additionally, we have been working with our receptionists on the correct pronunciation of your name and this issue should be resolved. We were very disappointed to hear of your experience and appreciate you giving us honest feedback. We take great pride in delivering our clients with an exceptional service experience at all times, which includes doing what we say we will do. I look forward to speaking with you soon to ensure everything ran smoothly while you were away.

Sincerely,

Cameron Reichert
    Director of Customer Success

800.408.3408

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I googled a bunch of companies for answering services. When I spoke to Answer 1’s rep and summed up the prices and the service, they best fit what we needed. We utilize their answering service. It’s for emergencies when our residents don’t get through to the on call, then they can call the emergency line and speak with someone. And Answer 1 seems to be doing what we need and their service works for our company.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

We use the after hours service of Answer 1 and they do a great job. They keep trying until they get a hold of somebody and are very good about sending email follow-ups after they do receive a call, which is very helpful. Their people are very friendly and personable. A lot of times they call me in the wee hours of the night and they're always very apologetic for waking me up, which I appreciate because sometimes I can be a bit cranky.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Our business is currently using Answer 1's answering service during after-hours. We need it since we're not open 24/7. All of my interactions with their reps have been good. They have our regular schedule and we tell them when we're out of the office or closed for whatever holiday and they get us all our messaging and everything. Their service has been very helpful and having them has positively impacted our business. I'd recommend their service.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We're a property management and we needed to have someone available to answer our phone for us and for our tenants anytime there's an emergency at the building. Our director of property management referred us to Answer 1. Having it allows us to have a 24-hour service for our tenants. Also, Luvia, Answer 1's account manager has been great to work with and she's always very helpful whenever I have any questions. So far, it's been a very good experience.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We’re a 24/7 repair shop and the main reason we use Answer 1 is we all like to stay home on weekends but we have to be here if the customer needs us. As soon as 4:00 comes and we close the office, Answer 1 picks up all our calls then at they stop at 6:00 AM. On Fridays at 4:00, they pick up calls until Monday at 6:00 AM. They represent our office 24/7 except for the 10 hours a day that we’re open. We’ve used Answer 1 for 29 years and that’s because we love them.

Back when we had pagers, they were one of the services that would forward things to pagers, like calls that would come in. That was a pretty unique service back then and they’ve kept up with the times. They’re always on top of things. For instance, when holidays are coming up, they’ll reach out to us to make sure that they understand our holiday hours. We have several people that are on-call and that rotates among the staff here. And all we have to do is shoot Answer 1 an email saying, “Please swap this person for that on these dates,” and it’s done. We get an email back saying, “Taken care of.” Never a question and they just do it. They’ve given us the ability to truly be available 24/7. It’s a huge benefit to us.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

We have Answer 1 to pick up and direct phone calls to agents when the office is closed. Their service has helped because we tend to get a lot of phone calls after 5:00 'cause it's the time people get out of work. Before the office opens, we get a lot of phone calls as well. It's nice that somebody is picking them up and directing them. Their reps are very friendly and helpful. I'm usually the one who calls to add or remove agents and it doesn’t take me five minutes whenever I call them for them to do so. They get the agents set up quick and they always do everything in a timely manner. I'm very pleased with my experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

My fellow property manager recommended Answer 1, and I got the company's after hours answering service for our phones. Everybody I've talked to over there has always been very friendly, and the few times that we've had emergency calls, they've made it convenient and easy for people who were calling. I would recommend them.

Original review: July 21, 2017

We use the answering service that Answer 1 provides since we need their service to answer our calls when we’re not able to. Their reps have always been pleasant. The overall experience has been satisfactory so far.

Original review: July 15, 2017

We’ve been using the Answer 1 service since I’ve been working and I’m coming on eight years in November. It’s helpful to have numbers and have it refer to people to call. Our maintenance man doesn’t like it because when my employer's not around, she calls him. But the request gets handled throughout the night if somebody has an emergency so that works out well. Callers either call the guards or they would call the office and then the instructions would tell them to call our employer.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We’ve been with Answer 1 for five years and we’ve been satisfied with their service. When we’re out of the office, they fill the calls and then shoot us an email with a summary of the call. They’ve helped and we were able to obtain calls and follow-up with clients that we would’ve otherwise missed. I’ve also called customer service to ask a few questions and make sure that things are running right and everything was always answered professionally and promptly.

No response received
    Original review: July 6, 2017

We partnered with Answer 1 so we'd have a live person answering the phone when we didn't have someone scheduled in the office. They answer the call and take a message and email it to us. My office manager's hours were 9 to 5:30 and the calls would roll to Answer 1 if we couldn't pick it up because of helping another customer or when we weren't in the office. When she got a new position at another company, we thought of letting Answer 1 take the phones and then we'll respond to the messages. That was about four weeks ago and we've had a substantial drop in the volume of our phone calls, which is weird because we get busy when it's hot in Arizona and we're at the temperature of what we do.

We started testing them and they answered 10 to 15 test calls that we made, but the rest of them went to voicemail which we were trying to avoid, so they didn't meet any obligation they made with us. We called them and they tried to upsell us onto a scheduling program and they were tone-deaf to our complaint. I probably lost $100,000 in revenue as a result of it. So it was frustrating and disappointing.

Hi Patrick!

We were alarmed to hear that this has been an ongoing concern and truly thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. I appreciate your time discussing these issues with me earlier this week and look forward to getting to the bottom of this issue quickly. Taking exceptional care of our client's business is a top priority for us and we take that responsibility very seriously. We look forward to working with you and understanding what factors may have contributed to the decrease in call volume.

In the meantime, if you have any concerns or if there is anything we can do to better serve your clients, please know that myself and your Customer Success Team are all here for you.

Sincerely,

Cameron Reichert
    Director of Customer Success
    Answer1

800.408.3408

Original review: July 5, 2017

We use Answer 1's after hours receptionist so they take phone calls for us after we close. If we’re going to be closing the business for the day because we have a company meeting, I call the main number and I explain to them who I am, that we’re going to be closed and I ask them to relay that message to residents when they call and when we forward the phones. It’s always been handled greatly. They’ve always put notes in the file so when residents call in, they’re able to answer the question for them.

We like having a live representative speak and be able to decipher if a call is ideally a real maintenance emergency. The Answer 1 staff are the ones who make a decision if they should page out the maintenance or if they could let the person know that’s a standard work order and that the message will be given to the office in the morning. Another benefit compared to Answer Phoenix which our other company uses is that if Answer 1 try to reach out and call the pager and no one answers, they have my manager's phone number on file and my maintenance supervisor’s cellphone. So, they’re able to go through a list and call different people until someone answers to ensure that emergencies are handled correctly. It's been great so far and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 4, 2017

We've had Answer 1 for years using their virtual receptionist overnight feature. The only time we needed to communicate with them was when they would ask if there was a problem after hours. We know that they’re there and they also do holiday service. My only complaint is about billing. The usage period is different than the billing period. For instance, the service period we’re paying is June seven to July four. However, the usage period is May 10th to June 6th. It winds up that we have to pay 13 times a year and not 12. We also have another account that is like that and we wind up having to pay a 13th month which on the customer side is like paying them twice in one month. It’s like they bill ahead for service and then they’re behind a month for usage. But otherwise, they’re good and we're happy with them.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We have great service from Answer 1. They are courteous, right on time and very efficient. The reps call me if there's an emergency, and then either I get the call or I call them right back. I would recommend them overall.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Answer 1 was put in by our corporate offices and we utilize the virtual receptionist. It was for backup for customers that don't know our hours or time changes. We got a lot of people that travel. Whenever we're not open and taking calls, they answer. Answer 1 reps are very nice and they have all the information upfront for you whenever they call. So, you can jot down a phone number or name. And they call us directly for after hours mostly for emergencies.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Answer1 is great. I saw them on the internet and used their virtual receptionist. Everybody has been really nice.

Answer 1 response

Hi Courtney! Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear the service has been great! We are thankful for your partnership and if there is anything you may need, we are just a phone call (or an email or a chat) away! :)

Original review: June 4, 2017

Answer 1’s pricing and service team were good. Their reviews were good as well. I have the 180 minute plan with them, and it has positively impacted our business. It allowed me to have a little bit more flexibility in my practice for my everyday routine. Also, their reps have been responsive. Overall, it has been an efficient, effective and easy experience.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Answer 1 gives us after hours answering services. It's so that we can offer better customer service to people who are trying to get ahold of us. So, we transfer the phone when we close at 5:00 until 8:00 AM the next day and on weekends. Answer 1 does a nice job and I would recommend them.

Answer 1 response

Hi Kathy! Thank you so much for your feedback and insight into your experience with our service. We are so happy to hear you are pleased with our performance and would recommend our services. It is truly our pleasure to serving your firm and clients!

Original review: May 25, 2017

Answer 1 takes the call when we can't attend to them. We were with Kachina answering service and then Answer 1 bought out. If we have problems, I'd hear about it but I haven't heard any. The only thing I do is send them checks.

Original review: May 16, 2017

Answer 1 was with the previous management company. We just assumed the contract. Partnering with them has been absolutely wonderful and we have no issues with them. They’re a very courteous, helpful and wonderful company.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Answer 1 answers our after-hour calls and responds accordingly. Whenever we have changes or updates, their reps were friendly and easy to work with. Answer 1 is very reliable.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I was recommended by my franchise owner to Answer 1 and I'm very pleased with their service. It's been very professional. The clients who I talked with have remarked the same.

Answer 1 questions and answers

What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?
    Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.
    What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?
    We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.
    What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.
    How does Answer 1 measure success?
    The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?
    The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?
    We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.
    Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
    We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.
    How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?
    The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.

Answer 1 Company Information