toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was looking for a company that could do reception services and bilingual in French and English, and Answer 1 could do it and it's been excellent. Answer 1 freed us up to not having to stress about the phones anymore. Especially we're a 24-hour company and we've got clients around the world so it was important to have a continuous phone presence even if we weren't always able to be there to answer the phone. We look more professional and don't seem like there's a gap in the coverage. The Answer 1 representative has always been very pleasant and very easy going. Really topnotch service. I would highly recommend them.

Answer 1 is our after-hours and weekend live answering service. I love them very much! I've been here since 2011 and we had them ever since. If I need to be away from the office, I'd forward all of my incoming calls and then they take messages. If there's a maintenance emergency, they will call me and let me know that I have a message pending because it's urgent. It saves me a lot of frustration. Their representatives are all very friendly, nice, and articulate. Considering my clientele here in the building, they actually do a good job of getting the messages across. They're very helpful, courteous, and thorough. I work well with them. I'd absolutely recommend them.

We're currently using Answer 1 in our home office. We're using the receptionist as an answering service. Predominantly, being new to the business, I felt that having all the scripts and having Answer 1 familiar with our business model made things a lot more seamless, which was a benefit. It wasn't until about a year later that a person in a business we have a relationship with called to change an appointment. Although we were going to be at the same meeting that day, he mentioned to me that he left a message with my secretary and he wanted to compliment me on how professional she was. I realized we don't have a secretary and that's how good the people at Answer 1 are.

Answer 1 has friendly and courteous representatives. They understand how we run our businesses very well. Therefore, it makes life a lot easier. They're already familiar with how we run as franchises, and for many times they will intercede. They already know for that we don't have employees. So, anyone who's calling up to try to offer us personnel or payroll services, they'll recognize that right out of the gate and they'll ask if I would like them to just let the people calling know that we have no employees. It simplifies it and I don't have to explain that to them.

Answer 1 has been our answering service for years and they provide our business good back-up when we're not here. Their reps have all been amazing, were always helpful and quick to answer our concerns. Everything's been great. Answer 1 is an awesome company to do business with.

Our company uses Answer 1 for our after-hours phone service and they do a good job. The representatives have all been really great, polite, and helpful. We have recommended them to other attorneys.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Answer 1?

Answer 1 is awesome and we love them. We use them for emergency after-hours services. We're a real estate and property management company so when our tenants have problems after-hours, they call Answer 1 who then calls us and we take care of it. Answer 1 is very helpful for our business. Everything goes smoothly. Tiffany has been extremely helpful, as well as Lluvia who I've worked with. She's always accommodating and available to talk to. If I have any problems, I'd send them an email and they'd respond within the next couple of hours and everything is resolved.

We use Answer 1 so someone would answer the phone because we’re not here most of the time. It helps us out immensely and so far, they have a very positive impact to our business. They do a great job and we’re happy to have them on board.

Answer 1 was already right here when I started working for this company. We use it for emergency call for our tenants which helps a lot because that’s the only way we can find out when tenants are having an emergency. Their reps were very friendly. So far, everything’s good with them.

We use Answer 1's after hours answering service and it has been very well. It's definitely a good tool to have. They also have great people who provide great customer service. They do a fabulous job.

Resolution In Progress

Answer 1

Good morning Angela - thank you for your review! A member of our Customer Success team will be reaching out shortly to see how we can better serve your practice and patients! Thank you for the opportunity to serve you for the last 17 years and we look forward to working with you for years to come!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

We utilize Answer 1's emergency contact service. People call their number and go through them to get to the doctor. So far partnering with them has been pretty positive for the business.

We forward our calls to Answer 1 when we’re closed for the night and it has helped our business positively. Their representatives are very friendly.

The company I work for already had Answer 1 when I started back in 2001. We use their on-call routing service and it's been fantastic. It has really streamlined a lot of things. The rep I always talk to is fantastic as well. Answer 1 is great, overall.

We've been using Answer 1 for years throughout the company. We utilize their on-call answering service after hours, and it's helpful as emergency calls always come through when no one else is on the property. They update us on holidays if we need anything special for the holiday hours, and have always been helpful and positive.

Answer 1

Hi Angie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with our service. We know how important it is that a live, friendly voice is there for your existing and prospective clients any time of day and we're happy to hear that our team took good care of everything while you were out. We hope you are feeling better and if there is anything you need, we're just a call away. Thank you for being such a great partner to Answer1!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

So far, Answer 1 has been great. I was out sick in the last couple of days and they took care of everything for us. Using their virtual receptionist service keeps us from missing important phone calls because we receive an e-mail. So if we get a new client, they set it right over to us and then we can get in touch with that client if we need to. When I started at work, Answer 1 assisted me in explaining to me how to set the service up in the evening because I had no idea. They were really good about that.

Answer 1

Hi Caroline! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It's so wonderful to hear that you are pleased with the service and have had great interactions with our receptionists. It is truly our pleasure to serve you and your residents. If you need anything at all, please let us know how we can be of service!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

We utilize Answer 1's answering service when we have emergency calls when it’s after hours. Partnering with them helped us receive our calls. Their people are very polite and courteous and they’re good about contacting me as soon as I get a call. They call me and then I call my maintenance man and since it’s only the two of us working the property, it has helped us greatly to have Answer 1's service. I've had good customer service from each representative working for the company.

Answer 1 has made it easy for us and our business and they have been professional and friendly. We like that they send a daily report on all the calls that came in and that’s helpful. They’re good at screening calls because we get more fitting calls as well. They're better than our previous provider, who often sounded like they were answering from their car or had a child in the background.

We are an 8:00AM to 4:00PM office so if somebody wasn't in and somebody called, we wouldn't get the message. I was viewing an online search for answering services since we wanted to find a way to have our calls answered after hours, then Answer 1 happened to be a local one, so I researched them locally and contacted them. We were looking for an online service and it really didn't matter where they were in the country but since they were local and they were staffed locally, we selected them.

They answer our phones and then send us messages. All of their supervisors have been great. Everyone that set us up have been great. They respond to anything that we need within a couple of minutes. Partnering with Answer 1 has given me freedom to turn over the phone if I have a busy day. Also, it's been great because we have customers that do emergency work and we get calls during after hours and on weekends. They have been great consistent service.

Answer 1

Hi Kat! Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you are pleased with the service and it has been easy to adjust your service plan as needed. We wish you and your staff a wonderful holiday!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I felt that I was being overcharged by the previous company that I used. They charged me by the phone call, so for them to be able to bill me they would have to have evidence of how many phone calls they took for us. When I felt that my bill tripled and I asked for documentation as to why it was so high, they could not provide me any evidence as to the amount of phone calls they receive for me every month. So I changed companies. Answer 1 is an answering service for us when we're not open. We forward our phones to them and they call us with any emergencies. They charge me for the amount of time, not per phone call, so if the amount of time we were using was going up, I could change the plan and save money and they're always flexible about that. So I've been very happy with them or I wouldn't be still with them.

We've been using Answer 1 for 30 years already. We utilize their answering service and we're happy with their services. If I need to call them for our holiday hours or when anybody else is on call, I get a call or an email and then they respond quickly. And anytime I've talked to any of them they're very nice. We'd recommend them.

Answer 1

Thank you so much for your feedback Mr. Grewer! I've just checked with Alicia on our Client Services team and it looks the client name and claim number were recently added to your message form. I am sure this was frustrating and we are glad to hear this was resolved quickly. We always welcome your feedback and suggestions on how we can better serve you and you clients! Happy Holidays and we hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Overall the service has been fine. My only complaint is the message often is not accurate and provides an incorrect name. Also, I talk to insurance companies about clients and I will get a message like "John from State Farm called." I have 20 clients involved with State Farm in various ways. I need a client's name or claim number to link the caller to the insurance company so that I can prepare myself to talk to them or determine whether I need to call them back at all. Insurance companies always provide this right off the bat, but this information is not finding its way into the message. Otherwise, great job.

Answer 1

Hi Ron! Thank you so much for your feedback and for your kind words. They truly mean so much to us and we are so pleased to hear that your customers are happy.

It has been such a pleasure serving you and your customers for almost 30 years (next month!). Thank you for being such a wonderful partner and for giving us the opportunity to do what we love most every day!

Happy Holidays to you and your staff and if there is anything you need, we are just a phone call away! :)

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

We have Answer 1 to answer the phone and on the weekends, they handle our emergency on-calls. They know the dispatch areas. They're all very good and professional. A lot of our clients actually think they're calling the office with the way they answer the phone. I have nothing but compliments for them over the years. They're first-class and they do a great job.

I was doing research online about answering services and came across Answer 1's information. I got their answering service, and they answer my phone calls which is definitely helpful as I don't have to pick up the phone and be there.

Answer 1 was already established in our office wherein we use its call forwarding feature. It works well and we’re able to obtain our messages without them going somewhere else. Once in a while, we recheck that the phones got forwarded correctly, and check to make sure that they’re picking up and nobody else is.

Answer 1

Hi Kim! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with our service. It is a pleasure serving you and your customers day and night! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Answer 1 impacts our business very positively. We get all of our messages including the calls that we missed during our non-business hours, which are just as urgent, if not more so, than the ones that come in during our business hours. They were able to tailor their services to the budget and were always courteous.

One of our previous employees referred Answer 1. And then, I did a little bit of research and they were one of the top rated answering services in Arizona. We use their receptionist service. We have our phones transferred to them whenever somebody is not able to answer the call during the business day. And we also transfer our phones after hours to have a live answering service. Partnering with them has a positive impact on our business for the most part because we always have a live person to answer them. Overall, our interactions have been okay. The only time I call them is when there is a problem. They'll go back and listen to the phone call made by a client and a representative and review it. And then let us know what happened. I've only had two instances where they've had to do that. Overall, it's been professional.

We got the answering service from Answer 1 since I'm very busy to answer phone calls, and it’s freed up time for us to focus on what’s more important. Customer service was able to set up the account fairly easily. Plus their rep Cameron has been amazing. Any time we need something, she’s right on it.

Answer 1 provided the after-hours support for Saddleback Communications when I came. There are people here at Saddleback from Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 PM, and we only provide a live service. We need somebody available to answer the calls that came in, and our company has always used Answer 1 for after-hours messaging. It's helped tremendously. Also, they're very friendly and responsive. If we ask them for a change, they're right on it. They're really good to work with as a group and individually. I would recommend them to other companies.

Answer 1 does our emergency after-hours since we're property management, and we need somebody after-hours to answer phones. It's great because they page us if there is an emergency. I usually communicate with them through email. They always respond to exactly what I want them to do, and they do it. They've been great, and we like them.

Answer 1

Hi Jeanna! Thank you so much for your review! Your feedback is very important to us and a member of our Client Services team will be reaching out today to learn more about the disconnects. We're so happy to hear that you're pleased with the service and thank you for being such a great partner to Answer1 for over 13 years!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

We started working with Answer 1 when we started a company in 2003, and we have both their virtual receptionist and live agent messaging online 24/7. We don't have a customer service line for the company. All calls go to Answer 1. With that, we never had to hire a receptionist, and our product's online so it's easier. For the most part, the reps at Answer 1 call me and ask if I'm available to take the call. If I say no, they take a message and send it to me via email. If I say yes, then they just patch me through. There has been a handful of times where I had some struggles with the calls getting disconnected. Other than that, they've been great, and I'm happy with them.

We had a receptionist but she left to take another job opportunity so we were looking in at the cost of bringing in another person versus using a virtual receptionist. We decided to give the latter a try and that's what we have with Answer 1. I've called in from outside the office and their reps have been professional, courteous, and have always done a good job. Overall, I'm pleased with the service. It's a good value.

Question and Answers - Answer 1

What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?

Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.

What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?

We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.

What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.

How does Answer 1 measure success?

The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?

We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.

Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?

We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.

How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?

The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.

Answer 1 Company Profile