toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was looking for a company that could do reception services and bilingual in French and English, and Answer 1 could do it and it's been excellent. Answer 1 freed us up to not having to stress about the phones anymore. Especially we're a 24-hour company and we've got clients around the world so it was important to have a continuous phone presence even if we weren't always able to be there to answer the phone. We look more professional and don't seem like there's a gap in the coverage. The Answer 1 representative has always been very pleasant and very easy going. Really topnotch service. I would highly recommend them.

Answer 1 is our after-hours and weekend live answering service. I love them very much! I've been here since 2011 and we had them ever since. If I need to be away from the office, I'd forward all of my incoming calls and then they take messages. If there's a maintenance emergency, they will call me and let me know that I have a message pending because it's urgent. It saves me a lot of frustration. Their representatives are all very friendly, nice, and articulate. Considering my clientele here in the building, they actually do a good job of getting the messages across. They're very helpful, courteous, and thorough. I work well with them. I'd absolutely recommend them.

We're currently using Answer 1 in our home office. We're using the receptionist as an answering service. Predominantly, being new to the business, I felt that having all the scripts and having Answer 1 familiar with our business model made things a lot more seamless, which was a benefit. It wasn't until about a year later that a person in a business we have a relationship with called to change an appointment. Although we were going to be at the same meeting that day, he mentioned to me that he left a message with my secretary and he wanted to compliment me on how professional she was. I realized we don't have a secretary and that's how good the people at Answer 1 are.

Answer 1 has friendly and courteous representatives. They understand how we run our businesses very well. Therefore, it makes life a lot easier. They're already familiar with how we run as franchises, and for many times they will intercede. They already know for that we don't have employees. So, anyone who's calling up to try to offer us personnel or payroll services, they'll recognize that right out of the gate and they'll ask if I would like them to just let the people calling know that we have no employees. It simplifies it and I don't have to explain that to them.

Answer 1 has been our answering service for years and they provide our business good back-up when we're not here. Their reps have all been amazing, were always helpful and quick to answer our concerns. Everything's been great. Answer 1 is an awesome company to do business with.

Our company uses Answer 1 for our after-hours phone service and they do a good job. The representatives have all been really great, polite, and helpful. We have recommended them to other attorneys.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Answer 1?

Answer 1 is awesome and we love them. We use them for emergency after-hours services. We're a real estate and property management company so when our tenants have problems after-hours, they call Answer 1 who then calls us and we take care of it. Answer 1 is very helpful for our business. Everything goes smoothly. Tiffany has been extremely helpful, as well as Lluvia who I've worked with. She's always accommodating and available to talk to. If I have any problems, I'd send them an email and they'd respond within the next couple of hours and everything is resolved.

Overall the service has been fine. My only complaint is the message often is not accurate and provides an incorrect name. Also, I talk to insurance companies about clients and I will get a message like "John from State Farm called." I have 20 clients involved with State Farm in various ways. I need a client's name or claim number to link the caller to the insurance company so that I can prepare myself to talk to them or determine whether I need to call them back at all. Insurance companies always provide this right off the bat, but this information is not finding its way into the message. Otherwise, great job.

Answer 1

Hi Ron! Thank you so much for your feedback and for your kind words. They truly mean so much to us and we are so pleased to hear that your customers are happy.

It has been such a pleasure serving you and your customers for almost 30 years (next month!). Thank you for being such a wonderful partner and for giving us the opportunity to do what we love most every day!

Happy Holidays to you and your staff and if there is anything you need, we are just a phone call away! :)

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

We have Answer 1 to answer the phone and on the weekends, they handle our emergency on-calls. They know the dispatch areas. They're all very good and professional. A lot of our clients actually think they're calling the office with the way they answer the phone. I have nothing but compliments for them over the years. They're first-class and they do a great job.

I was doing research online about answering services and came across Answer 1's information. I got their answering service, and they answer my phone calls which is definitely helpful as I don't have to pick up the phone and be there.

Answer 1 was already established in our office wherein we use its call forwarding feature. It works well and we’re able to obtain our messages without them going somewhere else. Once in a while, we recheck that the phones got forwarded correctly, and check to make sure that they’re picking up and nobody else is.

Answer 1

Hi Kim! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with our service. It is a pleasure serving you and your customers day and night! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Answer 1 impacts our business very positively. We get all of our messages including the calls that we missed during our non-business hours, which are just as urgent, if not more so, than the ones that come in during our business hours. They were able to tailor their services to the budget and were always courteous.

One of our previous employees referred Answer 1. And then, I did a little bit of research and they were one of the top rated answering services in Arizona. We use their receptionist service. We have our phones transferred to them whenever somebody is not able to answer the call during the business day. And we also transfer our phones after hours to have a live answering service. Partnering with them has a positive impact on our business for the most part because we always have a live person to answer them. Overall, our interactions have been okay. The only time I call them is when there is a problem. They'll go back and listen to the phone call made by a client and a representative and review it. And then let us know what happened. I've only had two instances where they've had to do that. Overall, it's been professional.

We got the answering service from Answer 1 since I'm very busy to answer phone calls, and it’s freed up time for us to focus on what’s more important. Customer service was able to set up the account fairly easily. Plus their rep Cameron has been amazing. Any time we need something, she’s right on it.

Answer 1 provided the after-hours support for Saddleback Communications when I came. There are people here at Saddleback from Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 PM, and we only provide a live service. We need somebody available to answer the calls that came in, and our company has always used Answer 1 for after-hours messaging. It's helped tremendously. Also, they're very friendly and responsive. If we ask them for a change, they're right on it. They're really good to work with as a group and individually. I would recommend them to other companies.

Answer 1 does our emergency after-hours since we're property management, and we need somebody after-hours to answer phones. It's great because they page us if there is an emergency. I usually communicate with them through email. They always respond to exactly what I want them to do, and they do it. They've been great, and we like them.

Answer 1

Hi Jeanna! Thank you so much for your review! Your feedback is very important to us and a member of our Client Services team will be reaching out today to learn more about the disconnects. We're so happy to hear that you're pleased with the service and thank you for being such a great partner to Answer1 for over 13 years!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

We started working with Answer 1 when we started a company in 2003, and we have both their virtual receptionist and live agent messaging online 24/7. We don't have a customer service line for the company. All calls go to Answer 1. With that, we never had to hire a receptionist, and our product's online so it's easier. For the most part, the reps at Answer 1 call me and ask if I'm available to take the call. If I say no, they take a message and send it to me via email. If I say yes, then they just patch me through. There has been a handful of times where I had some struggles with the calls getting disconnected. Other than that, they've been great, and I'm happy with them.

We had a receptionist but she left to take another job opportunity so we were looking in at the cost of bringing in another person versus using a virtual receptionist. We decided to give the latter a try and that's what we have with Answer 1. I've called in from outside the office and their reps have been professional, courteous, and have always done a good job. Overall, I'm pleased with the service. It's a good value.

We had an answering service that wasn’t working for us, so we switched to Answer 1. We’ve been with them for a while. Their reps are friendly and we don’t have any problems with them.

Answer 1

Hi Annette! Thank you for your feedback! We agree that most people prefer to hear a live, friendly voice instead of a voicemail. :) Thank you for the opportunity to be there for your clients when they need you most! It has been such a pleasure working with you and your staff for over 15 years!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

We've been with the company before they have become Answer 1 and they do a good job. We think people like to hear a human on the other side instead of an answering machine. We just use them as an answering service for after hours. Costs money though, but it's more human. They make the people feel like you're not just a number.

Answer 1

Hi Kory! We are so glad to hear that any service concerns you may have are always addressed and resolved promptly. We are constantly striving to improve the level of service we deliver to you and your customers and welcome all opportunities to provide additional coaching and training to our receptionists. We are truly appreciative of your feedback and thank you for being such a wonderful partner to Answer1 throughout the years!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Answer 1 answers our phones, takes information and sends them to our plumber that's on call. A lot of people in our industry use them. Their reps are always friendly and courteous. Whenever they have to call me on the weekends, they're very helpful. They let me know immediately when they can't get a hold of a plumber. Whenever I run into an issue and I send it to the managers, they immediately take care of it or issue credits for anything that they feel is wrong. They also give education and training for their people answering the phones when I catch stuff that I think was not for our company.

There were some rough patches where we would listen to the calls and hear the person going into detail about plumbing. I had a call one time that was 30 minutes long. I immediately reported it and Answer 1 always makes it right. It's nice to know that we have somebody answering our phones and getting the calls to the plumbers. When my office is closed, it's nice for my girls to have a break and be able to utilize Answer 1 to get all the information correct in a timely manner.

Answer 1 has been great. We use their after hours calls and they make our life easier. They have always been very cooperative and always worked it out well anytime I had to call. We partnered with them for maintenance, because they have a record of the calls that came in for after hours.

Answer 1

Good morning Matt! Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you have noticed an improvement in your business and the message information provided by our receptionists is clear and concise. The personalized greeting can absolutely be removed and a member of our Client Service team will be reaching out shortly to see how we can assist with further customization of your account and call flow. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

We're a concierge practice and we want to make sure that whenever a patient calls in they get a living entity and not recordings. Our practice manager referred us initially to Answer 1. We got it and it has improved our business. We utilize the live agent messaging so when patients call in, we have a live person with Answer 1 that answers the call, takes down the details to either relay to us if it's non-emergency or if it is, they go ahead and patch the call through on our back line. In the mornings when we show up in the office, we don't have voicemails that are typically scattered, sometimes hard to hear and relevant information is not gathered from that voicemail. With Answer 1, we get clear concise messages about what the patient is asking for, so that we can quickly attend to their needs.

Also, the supervising staff was able to help on the number of different issues and they're very knowledgeable. The typical staff quickly refer to the managing staff or supervising staff for questions that they're not aware of. But there are a few customization options that we're trying to figure out with Answer 1 now. Moreover, if when patients initially call, they never had a recorded voice and it always went straight through to a living person, then Answer 1 would be recommendable.

I like Answer 1's service. We use it for after-hours. I'm very pleased so I will stay with it.

We use the answering service of Answer 1. If we miss a call during the day, they contact us directly or immediately. Or if there's an emergency, they'll call or otherwise we get a fax each day with our messages each morning. They do a great job.

Everything has been very, very positive with Answer 1. Everybody that I talked to and worked with has been very polite. They're very good at billing in terms of being up-to-date on telling me what to expect such as no hidden charges, etc.

Answer 1

Hi Jenny! Thank you so much for your feedback and for your business over the last 26 years! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the service and your inquiries are addressed and resolved promptly. Our entire team loves assisting with your calls and we are so appreciative of your partnership. Thank you!!

Original review: July 12, 2016

I've been an employee in our company for 10 years and we've been using Answer 1 for longer than that. It's been a big help. They're very polite and if there's an issue with one of their technicians, they answer my email and get it rectified immediately. They have my credit card on file so I virtually have to do nothing. We're continuing to work with them.

We've always used Answer 1 since I've been here. We use them as an answering service and they receive our calls at night and then forward them onto our on call guys. They always get the calls over to the people that need them. They work with our weird schedules. They've been pleasant, courteous and very easy to work with. We don't always supply them great information. We're trying to make square shaped pegs into a round hole with them and they always manage to know exactly what we need. They take care of it and have a great attitude. We don't see any mistakes coming through. They make great businesses for us, make it simple to use them and keep everything running smoothly.

We've been with Answer 1 for a long time. We use them for employees to check in to make sure they're on site. We get alerted if they don't check in by the time their shift starts, so it's our way of making sure employees were on time. Sometimes it's a false alarm, but it is helpful for the times it's not. If we have an employee who missed out a schedule, then we can get somebody at that location quicker.

I use Answer 1 as a receptionist for our business. When people call, the calls get transferred to them and then they take the message for us. They're good. Though I don't really talk to them, I get the messages and they do their job.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 28, 2016

Answer1 contacted me and they resolved my complaint and refunded the money that was charged in error. I appreciate how quickly the responded and resolved my issues.

Original review: June 22, 2016

We signed up on the free trial plan expecting it to be a free trial. The salesperson told us they would closely monitor our account and make sure we didnt go over the plan and there would be no charges. We had to reach out to them several times because callers were telling us they weren't saying our name correctly and other bad information was being given out. We got an email after a week saying that based on the usage our plan would be 4 times the cost of the plan we signed up for.

We immediately cancelled the trail. We had to send 5 emails before someone acknowledged it. They didnt do what they promised and they ripped us off as soon as the trial was over. We sent emails asking about the billing we got and we have been ignored as well. They even add on a 100 programming fee if you cancel the not FREE trial. As soon as we cancelled the trial they charge our credit card $389 dollars and then sent us a bill for $997 dollars. AFTER ONE WEEK OF SERVICE on a 21 day free trial.

Question and Answers - Answer 1

What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?

Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.

What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?

We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.

What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.

How does Answer 1 measure success?

The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?

We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.

Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?

We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.

How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?

The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.

Answer 1 Company Profile