4.68/5
Based on 203 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Answer 1 is the only virtual receptionist service provider that is dedicated to becoming an extension of your business. Our receptionists are available 24/7/365 and backed by industry leading technology that allows them to provide your clients an exceptional experience while you concentrate on running your business.

From qualifying leads, appointment scheduling and traditional answering services, to enhanced support and integration with your business tools, Answer 1 offers these great services and more.

Answer 1 Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 15, 2018

204 Answer 1 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

We had an account that was transferred to Answer 1 from another company. The other company ended up specializing in attorneys only so I thought of trying Answer 1 out and we've been happy, so far. There were some hiccups in the transition, but no problem. We've been using their services for six months now. They answer calls for us, make appointments, forward calls when needed and filter out sales calls. It frees up some more of our time. Recently, I emailed our rep, for we needed to make a change in our processes of how we set appointments and she quickly made the change. It seems like it's going well, so far.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 8, 2018

Our former company turned over our answering service to Answer 1 which we use when we’re closed or if we’re at lunch. Their reps are nice and always polite.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Answer 1 took over the company we were using for the answering service portion. They took over for Alert and they were hired to do after hour calls. When we had a couple of little issues, the reps were easy to fix them. We’ve been very happy with Answer 1.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Answer 1 was already in place when I started in January for our business’ after hours answering service. They call for emergency and then they text every message. Originally, they emailed non-emergencies the next day. But something was miscategorized so now, we decide what call is emergency or non-emergency.

We've had some problems this year with getting our messages correctly. We have not gotten them on time and they've been misconstrued. We don't really get that many calls, so we didn't realize there was a problem. I called them and the rep said she was looking into it but she did not get back with me so I'm rather disappointed. They should have checked, explained how they were going to get a hold of it and double-checked everything to make sure we were on the right track. Also, when I changed numbers and people, they didn't explain how they were doing the messages, they didn't explain the process, and then they didn't follow up to make sure it was working correctly. Hopefully, going forward would be just fine.

Original review: March 26, 2018

When I came on as part of the team, my company was using Answer 1. We utilize their on-call services and as a whole, it's really productive. It's also excellent when they answer the phones. But there were a lot of issues and confusion when they built a lot of time for calls that didn’t even come in. There were also bookings that weren't there, plus there were problems with scripting and calling the wrong people. So, the service has not been as professional as it could have been. But the case manager person that we have, Britney, has been fantastic. If I ever email her and say that a person doesn't need to get the service request anymore or if I ask her to change the script or tell her our new hours or holiday hour, she'd get right on the matter and take care of it.

So they’ve been responsive when problems happen and there’s always someone that we could reach out to at Answer 1. They're available 24 hours a day and their system is very user-friendly. And if we need to speak to a supervisor, they’re very good about getting somebody right on the line. Their people are very friendly, very professional, and I haven’t ever encountered somebody that had a bad mood or wasn’t helpful in any way. At one point, we were having them all day long and the volume that they were handling for us was for 300 homes. We had a lot of calls and Answer 1 was wonderful about it. I would highly recommend them, though the lack of problems would have been a lot better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Answer 1?

Original review: March 25, 2018

We use Answer 1 when our priests are on call after hours. So they're an emergency line for us. 100% of the time, their reps are very kind and responsive, which I appreciate. When it seems like there’s been an error and we can’t figure out if it’s on our end or theirs, they'll always say it was probably us and they’ll do whatever they can to make sure it won’t happen again. And 95% of the time, they get it right. So their service is very important when there's somebody that needs a priest. I’m really happy with them and I would recommend them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I got somebody in the office in the morning to answer the phone but I don’t have anybody in the afternoon and I don’t have time to answer every call. I thought getting a receptionist service would be a good option. So, I Googled answering service and found Answer 1. So far, I’m very satisfied with their service. A lot of times, when people call me, they get the voicemail and sometimes they just hang up. So when somebody answers the phone, at least I’ll know who called and typically, they leave a message. I’m better informed about who calls and why they call if I do miss that call.

Answer 1 response

Hi Chester! Thanks so much for your feedback! We agree that callers, and most importantly, prospective clients, are less likely to hang up if they reach a live receptionist (instead of voicemail). We are so happy you have selected Answer1 to be your partner and we are truly appreciative of the opportunity to represent your business. Should you need anything at all, we are here for you! Thank you again!

Original review: March 21, 2018

Answer 1 was being used by our sister company at Karya Health, and then we went with them too. They provide us with our information for after hours call follow up and they are very detailed. They send us the information in a timely manner. The customer service reps have been very friendly and responsive, too. I would recommend them.

Answer 1 response

Hi Sue! Thanks so much for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you have had great experiences with our service. We certainly understand the critical nature of your calls and know it is important that urgent issues are dispatched to your team accurately and efficiently. It is truly such a pleasure serving you and are very appreciative of the opportunity to assist with your other lines of business. Thank you Sue!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 12, 2018

The company that we were working with bought out Answer 1. We use their answering service and they're on-call for emergencies. When I call them, some of their people are not so great and challenging at times. They don’t seem to be aware of what's happening and when I try to explain to them what the problem is, they don’t seemed to be very knowledgeable how to fix it. Then they don’t return my call. So I always find myself reaching out to Cameron because she can handle what I'm emailing her about and it's much easier and more time efficient for me. She's awesome.

Answer 1 response

Hi April! While we are pleased to hear that any questions or concerns were addressed, we are very sorry to hear about some of the experiences where you received less than exceptional customer service. All of our Team Members should be equipped to answer any question you may have and we are very grateful you have brought this concern to our attention.

We truly thank you for sharing this experience so we can better understand the issue and get right to work fixing it! We wonder if there may have been a little confusion during the transition from your previous provider over to Answer1, however if there are any outstanding concerns, we will certainly assist in getting them taken care of as quickly as possible. You are in good hands with our Customer Success Team! One of our Account Specialists will be following up with you shortly and we look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you April!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I've worked at Coca-Cola in Phoenix, Arizona for 12 years and we have been using Answer 1 for over 12 years. Whatever needs to be changed, added, deleted goes through me. Our business utilizes their virtual receptionist services. When the employees call in sick, or that they are going to be late or not coming to work, Answer 1 answers the phone. The system then asks things like what shift and what the reasons for calling out are. Then it sends an email to me and the managers and that is how we find out.

Answer 1 is extremely helpful because everybody gets the email and everybody knows the time that the employee called out. They have a number that the employee gives as well as a caller ID number in case we need to get in touch with them instead of calling or texting a supervisor who may or may not be working that night. Answer 1 is accurate and if there is a mistake, they correct it immediately. Also, the Answer 1 representatives are very professional and polite and they provide a fast response. I would recommend this company to anybody. They are great to work with. I have given other Coke plants and other non-Coke related businesses Answer 1's information so they could use it too.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

When I took over this property, Answer 1 came with the existing contract, and we kept them for convenience. At present, we utilize their live agent messaging, which allowed for somebody to be able to answer the phone if we’re not available. In addition, their customer service is great.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We use Answer 1's live agent messaging. We're working four shifts here and we are on call 24 hours, for three people. Our customers need to be able to contact someone live. When a customer is down for a hotshot or a breakdown, we need to have fast service. We normally have 30 minutes to an hour to take care of the customer, and that's including calling a Cape Air freight or getting a charter airplane. The system also works out great because that whole process is time-consuming considering the short time frame that we have. Then, every week, I speak with their team over email and they notify us who's going to be on call for that week. If there is a holiday, they notify us two weeks in advance so that they can help us and we can help them as far as identifying who is going to be on call.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We partnered with Answer 1 as we needed a live person to answer our phones after hours. We've been using them for 10 years and they've always done what they're supposed to in a timely manner. We get our leads for the down floors so it's still keeping our money rolling in. They're a great option for an after-hours answering service.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I used Answer 1 at another company. I am now in an emergency service company and I needed some support. Answer 1 only does after-hours answering service, and it’s helpful so that one person isn’t doing everything. Typically, just before a holiday, the reps want to make sure what our hours are going to be and whenever I have any changes, I reach out to them. I've been working with Answer 1 for a few years, and I’m quite happy with the service that I receive from them. For the most part, Answer 1 has worked out pretty well, and I would recommend them highly.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Our company has Answer 1's answering machine service. Answer 1 is very reliable when we're unavailable (after hours and weekends). Their representatives are very good, responsive and when I call, they're detail-oriented and courteous.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We needed someone to answer our phones when the office was closed during the holiday and we were referred to Answer 1. We got excellent service from Answer 1 and I felt confident over the holidays. Answer 1’s reps have provided absolutely excellent service and are very professional.

Answer 1 response

Hi Elizabeth! This is so wonderful to hear - thanks so much for trying us out over the holidays. We are always happy to help! Best wishes to you and your staff and we hope to work with you again soon!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We've had Answer 1 for quite some time and they were here before I became the manager. We use their virtual receptionist for off-hour services. When the doctor's on call they've done very well. Anytime I've had to call them they've always been very courteous and very helpful.

Answer 1 response

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for your feedback! We know it is important that a friendly, caring voice is there for your patients when they need you most - thank you for putting your trust in us. We look forward to working with you and your practice for years to come. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We used to have the same service here in town and the owner sold out that part of the business to Answer 1. I then became part of it. Their rep has been very sweet. We use them during after-hours to answer the phone for emergencies. We are a background music provider for businesses and they usually have issues with their music not playing. Clients call and Answer 1 has our technician’s phone number so they can call over the weekend. It has been working okay. We get charged for the messages that we received. However, sometimes we get emails just saying that the caller hung up and get charged for it. On Mondays, I see messages that came over the weekend, however, sometimes I see them again on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I have to make sure that we are not getting charged for those because that would be unfair. But, other than that, they are doing what we need on the weekends.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Answer 1 is definitely a helpful program to be part of and I would highly recommend them. I was in the need of making sure we have somebody answering our phones at all hours. I reached out to a company that we worked with hand in hand and they recommended Answer 1 for the right solution to handle those calls that come in and route them as requested. Answer 1 takes care of our after-hours phone calls and they have been good so far. Their people have been good, customer support is there, and the creativity of meeting the needs that we request has always come through.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We rolled out Answer 1's service company-wide several months ago. We were looking for a unified service nationwide versus every division having their own answering service, and so we got Answer 1's service to handle our emergency after-hour calls. We had a previous service that provided the same things and partnering with Answer 1 has been an easy and very smooth transition. The representative, Brianna, who handled our account was absolutely incredible with the transition and very good about answering or responding in a timely manner to any questions that I may have. There were a bit of inconsistencies as far as the daily updates that we received from Answer 1. But other than that, it’s been a good experience. Using Answer 1 is simple, user-friendly, and straightforward.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

When we are not in the office, the number we call is from Answer 1 and it actually answers our phone, live. And then it texts me when we're receiving calls after hours. And they answer exactly how we answer it - like if I call in, it sounds just like you're calling the office. They don't say it's an answering service. So far, I haven't had any problems. They do a great job.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Answer 1 was referred to me by my old answering service. We use it for after-hours answering services, which is necessary for us. Their representatives are very nice, though sometimes they like to be very nice to us and chatty on the phone. We usually try to rush through that real quick because we know that chatting with the representative means that a client of ours is just sitting on hold. Other than that, we are happy with the service.

Answer 1 response

Hi Alex! Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention! We love that our receptionists are friendly, however we understand it is important that your calls are put through to you quickly. We will work with our team to address and resolve this issue as quickly as possible. An Account Specialist will be following up with you shortly as well. We are very happy to hear you are otherwise pleased with the service. Thanks so much and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We were looking for an answering service. We looked Answer 1 up online and they were the closest to our office. We went down, took a little tour, liked what they had to say, and signed up right then and there. The service has been super helpful. We get all of our calls and messages. Their reps are really good about asking if the calls could wait and if they can't, they give me a call right away. They either patch me through or just give the callers instruction. It was super simple.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I like Answer 1. It’s been a very good professional upgrade, relative to voicemail alone and it definitely freed up some time and energy of having to not be in the office as frequently. The reps were also very professional, but they have a soft side and they’re very nice, which is important to me in business. They don’t seem aggressive and they don’t seem to contrive. It’s actually nice when the clients are calling and get to speak with one of them. Their customer service is definitely excellent. You can get somebody that make changes or handle your request right away and their pricing is actually very fair. I really had an excellent experience from sales, all the way through to operations and follow up and customer service. I’m very pleased.

Answer 1 response

Hi David! Thanks so much for your feedback on your experience with our service. We are so happy to hear that your onboarding process was smooth and you are are pleased with our service so far! If there is ever anything you might need or if there is anything we can do to better serve you, we are just a call away. We are very thankful for the opportunity to represent your business. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We've been using American1 to assist in our business for at least 16 years. We use their 24-hour service and boarding of messages as we cannot have a physical presence at our building 24/7. Whenever I need to call them their reps are very responsive. Answer 1 has a positive business ethics and we look forward to their continuing in a positive manner.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

We needed to make a change and Answer 1 was the most organized. We use their answering service and we’re getting all of our calls, which is important. If the call is important, we can follow up with them. Also, Answer 1 has been prompt with their reports and their reps have all been really helpful and informative. By far, everything’s been great.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Instead of hiring a receptionist, we had Answer 1 answer calls for us. It has a positive impact to my business and I have not been missing phone calls. The rep, Terry, was the initial person I contacted and she has been very good and was very on the ball with getting back to me. Athena was a little delayed in getting back to me initially and there were a few issues, but then they got it all worked out and it’s been fine ever since. Answer 1 is a good investment.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I liked Answer 1's price and I have a good experience with them. Answer 1's answering service is helping me and I'm not answering the phone all the time now. Also, their representatives have been always good.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Answer 1 offered a service that we needed and they seem to be very efficient. They take our after-hours calls and then dispatch them. They do a simplistic service for us but they do a great job. Also, their representatives have all been very professional and our overall experience with them is excellent.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We're in a service industry, so we had to web-capture calls after five o'clock. Our headquarter company then set up Answer 1 for us and with it, I get a call after hours from a live person who says, "You want me to patch you through?" Answer 1 has helped us and we've captured many after-hours sales because of working with them. I've had a wide variety of interactions with Answer 1 representatives. Some of the representatives don’t know what we do, so their terminology isn’t correct. I sell something that has the initials VFD but the representatives, sometimes, leave the F out or think that VFD stands for voluntary fire department when it’s not. But these are just things that even a trained person would probably miss and Answer 1 has gotten better in the last three to six months. I can now understand the folks who call me. And overall, they're always short and sweet with me and they're quick.

Answer 1 response

Hi Clyde! Thank you for sharing your experiences with our service! We are happy to hear that our team members are efficient and there has been an improvement in recent months. We are definitely going to take a look at some of the misspellings and perhaps even create a caller ID database or reference list for frequent callers and top clients. We are always working to get better at what we do and appreciate all the feedback you may have for us. Thank you again and Happy Holidays to you and your team!

Answer 1 expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Answer 1 prides itself on providing virtual receptionist services as an extension of clients’ businesses. With receptionists available 24/7/365, Answer 1 provides lead qualification, appointment scheduling, and traditional answering services along with enhanced support and business tool integration. Backed by industry-leading technology, Answer 1 strives to provide an exceptional experience so clients may concentrate on business growth.

• Industry specific receptionists: Answer 1 receptionists are trained and placed into industry-specific teams to ensure your current or potential clients are speaking with someone with the same knowledge as someone in your office.

• Lead qualification & appointment scheduling: Answer 1 is one of the only virtual receptionist service providers that offer 24/7/365 lead qualification and appointment scheduling.

• Enhanced customer support: Answer 1 can work with your business to provide end-to-end solutions to help you deliver a best in class customer experience.

• CRM integration: From the initial phone call or email, Answer 1 technology allows for vital client information be put into your system in near real time.

• Best for: entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized businesses in the legal, commercial, professional, medical and IT fields looking to cut costs and grow their business.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Answer 1 questions and answers

What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?
Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.
What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?
We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.
What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.
How does Answer 1 measure success?
The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?
The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?
We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.
Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.
How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?
The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.

Answer 1 Company Information