Nexa (formerly Answer 1) is a leading technology-enabled virtual receptionist provider that is committed to helping businesses grow. Our receptionists are highly-trained and placed into industry specific teams to better serve your business and clients. Available 24/7/365, we provide call answering services, lead qualification and appointment scheduling, emergency dispatching, enhanced customer support and more. Our mobile app and desktop portal provide real-time access to business-critical data, allowing you to make sound decisions on the move. Nexa exists to help businesses grow!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
We've been using Answer 1 for a few years now as our primary answering service. We use after-hours and midday answering so any calls that are missed from our office location automatically roll over to their facility. We like their convenience, ease of use and great communication. Pairing with Answer 1 has been fantastic. Virtually, the idea is for the customers to not know that they're speaking to Answer 1 or if they're speaking to a rep from our company. We are able to receive those messages from them and get back to our customers quickly.
Everybody at Answer 1 has always been great. They were very helpful and quick to respond. Once in a while, we have hiccups and things we ask them to improve or modify, and those things are always addressed very quickly. We can't imagine working with anyone else. Answer 1 has been reliable for us, so their reliability and their excellent communication is definitely something that should be considered.
Hi Mandy! It has been such a pleasure working with you over the years and were thrilled to receive your feedback. We are committed to taking care of your customers as if they were our own and are thankful for the opportunity to do just that every day. Thank you again!
Partnering with Answer 1 has been great. We're a property management company and a lot of our communities use them. We needed to have someone answer the phone in case of emergency when we're not here so we use Answer 1's live agent messaging service. Their representatives have always been excellent and very responsive.
We utilize Answer 1's intake services and they screen potential client calls for us. Our interaction with the Answer 1 reps has always been really positive. We have our own manager, so anytime I want to change anything or re-route something, she has always been really easy to work with. The service has gone really well and has definitely helped us out. Answer 1 integrates with a lot of different software which I really like, and we are more able to do other work knowing that the calls are being taken care of. I would definitely recommend Answer 1.
Answer 1 seemed more professional and the price was great. And so far, everything has been wonderful. Any time we have issues, we talk to the people that are on our account, and they usually try to take care of things very well. Our firm is very picky and we have a lot of wants and needs. And they have met them with no problem at all. They work with us and their customer service is outstanding. They even check on us just to make sure everything is okay, if they haven't heard from us. It is great to have them there for our after hours to be able to schedule and to have a little bit of knowledge when it comes to law firms.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
We've been with Answer 1 for a while and they do a great job with us. We utilize mostly the after-hours things. Having the answering service is great. We would miss a lot if we didn’t have that. We get sales calls after work hours and they are sent out to different ones of us on emails, so we are able to immediately follow up on a call even though we are not here. The service is used a lot with the employees who call in sick, too. It gives us a good heads-up before we get in that somebody is not gonna be here, especially to key persons. We are very satisfied with Answer 1. Every time we transfer, it goes over quickly and we get good messages from them.
We've had Answer 1 for a long time ago, even before they became Answer 1. I just started dealing with them a year ago and the other person who had done so left the company. 6 months ago, I called up and said that we were not getting calls after hours. People said they've left a message, but we haven't seen it. Apparently, Answer 1 was sending all the information to emails that no longer existed, those who have left the company. It took quite a bit to get all that straightened around so that they are aware of who to deal with. But once it was, the communication has been great. We have Answer 1 answer the phones after hours and they monitor the alarm for our building. People appreciate being able to have somebody answer their calls. We're in a business where forklifts break down and people need information right away. To have somebody after hours definitely makes a positive impact.
When I get ahold of their reps, they're wonderful, very professional, and quick to help out. But a quarter of the time, they must be really busy and it's difficult to get ahold of them. They must have an answering service for the answering service. They'd take a message and would say that somebody will get back to me. Sometimes, when I call them up about our alarm system, they have no clue what I'm talking about. But whoever is in charge of it, gets back to me and is more than happy to help me out. There's one guy who is responsive and good and knows what he's talking about every single time. Plus, Jennifer told me that I could send an email. I didn't know that that was an option and thought I always had to call. If I can just send an email, three-fourths of the issue will be taken care of.
Good morning Wendy! We're so sorry to hear of the confusion and are certainly glad it was resolved. We know it is critical that you are receiving messages timely and they are directed to the correct contacts within your organization. We are also very appreciative of your feedback regarding contacting our Customer Success Team and are always grateful for input on how we can improve our service experience.
It has been our pleasure serving you for over 20 years! We look forward to many more!
Partnering with Answer 1 helped our business especially after hours. Back before, the calls used to go straight to our cellphones, and we wouldn’t get any information, no text messages, emails, so Answer 1 has helped organize and put some structure on it. Working with their reps has been pretty good most of the time, though there are times where information is wrong, but we’re all human, we make mistakes. But as far as even just the account in general, during regular business hours, the person that we reach out to, Joshua, is amazing, and he gets back to us right away.
Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear you are happy with the service and have enjoyed working with Josh in Customer Success! While we would like to think we are perfect, we are thankful for you sharing any areas of concern with us so we can get better at what we do. We take great pride in providing exceptional experiences and know that accurate information is a critical part of that equation. Thank you again and hope you have a wonderful night!
I filled out a referral form and I said what I needed on a website which suggested Answer 1. I like their lower cost than the other one that was recommended and then, I liked them once I called. We had a complex situation but we have worked out all the kinks. For the last week, things have been going smoothly. I usually send an email if I have something slight that needs to be changed in the script and I get a reply back. I don't always get a call back right away if I call but there's an opportunity to make an appointment. So, if I really need to talk to them, I can put myself on the calendar of Athena, the rep who has been handling our account for three months.
We use the virtual reception service. Also, they help with scheduling on my calendar for patients. Since having Answer 1, we don't lose many people anymore. The biggest impact is people get some satisfaction of interacting with someone, instead of not getting a callback. We're returning calls faster and there's a script that can answer a lot of questions. A lot of people will wonder about insurance and that'll be their main question or if there is availability and they get that question answered right away. So then, they don't sit around waiting for a call. They can move on to somebody else. My experience with Answer 1 was very positive. The rep even visited my website and she said some nice things about it which made me feel good.
- 2,173,141 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
We have been with NEXA for approximately 3 months. They have been fantastic. they are responsive to our needs, the calls are answered quickly and with a real person. Our customers appreciate speaking to a receptionist and not a recording. We couldn't be happier with our relationship at this time.
Nexa was a referral from another adviser that my boss is associated with. They were doing the same thing for a sister company and we grabbed a hold of them. We’re totally happy with Nexa. We do a radio show and they answer the phones for me during the radio show. It's on Sunday and first thing Monday, I have a list of calls in my emails. They're always very prompt and every time I've talked with them, they're very pleasant. Everything with Nexa has been smooth.
We have never had a problem with Answer 1 or their service. It's very helpful to have an answering service. They take calls for us all evening and in weekends. They ask all the right questions. They ask if it is urgent and if they're a contract customer. But I find their process a little confusing. Sometimes, Answer 1 would send a message as it comes in. And then sometimes, in the morning they're duplicated, but sometimes, they're not. You have to look through the emails because that is how they are relayed to us the next day. So sometimes, you have to look through the emails to find out if it is a duplicate or not. They could clean up the dispatching portion.
Our business utilized the in-land answering service with Answer 1 and partnering with them has been very helpful. There is a quick response for our customers when we are closed. The Answer 1 representatives are also helpful and they take care of our questions and resolve them pretty quick.
Our company partners with Answer 1 to take messages so that we can direct them to the correct individual and not have a receptionist. We use their virtual receptionist service and it is very helpful. The Answer 1 representatives were quick to react and quick to remedy and they got back to me when I needed to be told which direction we were going.
Hi Karen! We are so appreciative of your feedback and are happy to hear you are pleased with the service. We take great pride in being the front line for your business. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your customers!
Nexa expert review by ConsumerAffairs
Nexa prides itself on providing virtual receptionist services as an extension of clients’ businesses. With receptionists available 24/7/365, Nexa provides lead qualification, appointment scheduling, and traditional answering services along with enhanced support and business tool integration. Backed by industry-leading technology, Nexa strives to provide an exceptional experience so clients may concentrate on business growth.
Industry specific receptionists: Nexa receptionists are trained and placed into industry-specific teams to ensure your current or potential clients are speaking with someone with the same knowledge as someone in your office.
Lead qualification & appointment scheduling: Nexa is one of the only virtual receptionist service providers that offer 24/7/365 lead qualification and appointment scheduling.
Enhanced customer support: Nexa can work with your business to provide end-to-end solutions to help you deliver a best in class customer experience.
CRM integration: From the initial phone call or email, Nexa technology allows for vital client information be put into your system in near real time.
Nexa questions and answers
- What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?
- Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.
- What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?
- We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.
- What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.
- How does Answer 1 measure success?
- The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?
- The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?
- We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.
- Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
- We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.
- How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?
- The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.
Nexa Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 3820 N 3rd St
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (800) 408-3408
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!