toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I'm a partner in the nation's largest cloud-based law firm. So, a virtual assistant type of platform is perfect for our business model. I was looking for that type of option and had looked at other services. Then a friend employed by Answer 1 knew of my business and suggested that I try the service out so I did and Answer 1 fit perfectly.

I use the virtual assistant, so the reception services - the call answering, the call forwarding to my mobile device as well as the email and text message forwarding. The reps have been great and very professional. They call me directly and provide me with the caller's information in terms of who they are, who they're with and what they're calling in regard to. I also have Answer 1 transfer the call to me or take a message. Then at the close of business day, they forward me a text message with the summary of the caller's information. And they forward me an email copy of all of the costs that I've received during the day. That gives me the ability to track it. So, I have a separate folder that I retain all those emails in.

Plus, the text message number and the email address that Answer 1 contacts me through is specific to my account. So that let's say for instance, I want Answer 1 to provide an out of office message. I can email, call or text the number that contacts me and say, "Hey, I'm gonna be out of the office on Friday, May 19th. So, please take a message and inform callers that I'm unavailable. And if they have an emergency to call this number." And I can do that remotely whether I'm driving in the car, sitting in the airport or wherever I may be. So, that makes it easy. I really like the service and it's worked out perfect.

I've also got a lot of really positive feedback, not just from external callers but also from my colleagues and my partners. One of the firm's two founders called me and was transferred through Answer 1 and he commented on how professional it sounded. We tagged that more of our partners needed to get something like that because it conveyed the appearance that I wasn't working remotely and that I had a dedicated receptionist to answer my calls on a regular basis. So, getting that kind of feedback was awesome.

Answer 1

Hi Dr. Kalie! Thank you so much for your review. We are so delighted to hear that you are happy with our service! If you ever have any questions, concerns, or if we can be of service in any way, your Account Specialist will be happy to assist. Thank you!

Original review: May 4, 2017

We use Answer 1 for the weekend to answer our phone calls so we don’t miss calls now. They were recommended by somebody in my profession and I’ve had a great experience with them. The reps have been very pleasant and helpful. I've had no problems with anyone.

Answer 1

Hi Becky! Thank you so much for your review! It is so wonderful to hear that utilizing our receptionist service has impacted your business in a positive way. We are also very happy to be the friendly voice representing your community after hours. We take that responsibility very seriously and are very appreciative of our partnership. We hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and if there is anything you need, we are just a phone call away!

Original review: April 26, 2017

We utilize the after-hours service from Answer 1 so that we'd have people to open the gates after-hours for people who were visiting and to take messages for the office. Working with Answer 1 has impacted the business positively. I'm completely satisfied and I've not had any complaints with them at all. They're very professional.

We use the answering service that Answer 1 provides since we need their service to answer our calls when we’re not able to. Their reps have always been pleasant. The overall experience has been satisfactory so far.

We’ve been using the Answer 1 service since I’ve been working and I’m coming on eight years in November. It’s helpful to have numbers and have it refer to people to call. Our maintenance man doesn’t like it because when my employer's not around, she calls him. But the request gets handled throughout the night if somebody has an emergency so that works out well. Callers either call the guards or they would call the office and then the instructions would tell them to call our employer.

We’ve been with Answer 1 for five years and we’ve been satisfied with their service. When we’re out of the office, they fill the calls and then shoot us an email with a summary of the call. They’ve helped and we were able to obtain calls and follow-up with clients that we would’ve otherwise missed. I’ve also called customer service to ask a few questions and make sure that things are running right and everything was always answered professionally and promptly.

Hi Patrick!

We were alarmed to hear that this has been an ongoing concern and truly thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. I appreciate your time discussing these issues with me earlier this week and look forward to getting to the bottom of this issue quickly. Taking exceptional care of our client's business is a top priority for us and we take that responsibility very seriously. We look forward to working with you and understanding what factors may have contributed to the decrease in call volume.

In the meantime, if you have any concerns or if there is anything we can do to better serve your clients, please know that myself and your Customer Success Team are all here for you.

Sincerely,

Cameron Reichert
Director of Customer Success
Answer1

800.408.3408

Original review: July 6, 2017

We partnered with Answer 1 so we'd have a live person answering the phone when we didn't have someone scheduled in the office. They answer the call and take a message and email it to us. My office manager's hours were 9 to 5:30 and the calls would roll to Answer 1 if we couldn't pick it up because of helping another customer or when we weren't in the office. When she got a new position at another company, we thought of letting Answer 1 take the phones and then we'll respond to the messages. That was about four weeks ago and we've had a substantial drop in the volume of our phone calls, which is weird because we get busy when it's hot in Arizona and we're at the temperature of what we do.

We started testing them and they answered 10 to 15 test calls that we made, but the rest of them went to voicemail which we were trying to avoid, so they didn't meet any obligation they made with us. We called them and they tried to upsell us onto a scheduling program and they were tone-deaf to our complaint. I probably lost $100,000 in revenue as a result of it. So it was frustrating and disappointing.

We use Answer 1's after hours receptionist so they take phone calls for us after we close. If we’re going to be closing the business for the day because we have a company meeting, I call the main number and I explain to them who I am, that we’re going to be closed and I ask them to relay that message to residents when they call and when we forward the phones. It’s always been handled greatly. They’ve always put notes in the file so when residents call in, they’re able to answer the question for them.

We like having a live representative speak and be able to decipher if a call is ideally a real maintenance emergency. The Answer 1 staff are the ones who make a decision if they should page out the maintenance or if they could let the person know that’s a standard work order and that the message will be given to the office in the morning. Another benefit compared to Answer Phoenix which our other company uses is that if Answer 1 try to reach out and call the pager and no one answers, they have my manager's phone number on file and my maintenance supervisor’s cellphone. So, they’re able to go through a list and call different people until someone answers to ensure that emergencies are handled correctly. It's been great so far and I would definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Answer 1?

We've had Answer 1 for years using their virtual receptionist overnight feature. The only time we needed to communicate with them was when they would ask if there was a problem after hours. We know that they’re there and they also do holiday service. My only complaint is about billing. The usage period is different than the billing period. For instance, the service period we’re paying is June seven to July four. However, the usage period is May 10th to June 6th. It winds up that we have to pay 13 times a year and not 12. We also have another account that is like that and we wind up having to pay a 13th month which on the customer side is like paying them twice in one month. It’s like they bill ahead for service and then they’re behind a month for usage. But otherwise, they’re good and we're happy with them.

We have great service from Answer 1. They are courteous, right on time and very efficient. The reps call me if there's an emergency, and then either I get the call or I call them right back. I would recommend them overall.

Answer 1 was put in by our corporate offices and we utilize the virtual receptionist. It was for backup for customers that don't know our hours or time changes. We got a lot of people that travel. Whenever we're not open and taking calls, they answer. Answer 1 reps are very nice and they have all the information upfront for you whenever they call. So, you can jot down a phone number or name. And they call us directly for after hours mostly for emergencies.

Answer 1

Hi Courtney! Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear the service has been great! We are thankful for your partnership and if there is anything you may need, we are just a phone call (or an email or a chat) away! :)

Original review: June 16, 2017

Answer1 is great. I saw them on the internet and used their virtual receptionist. Everybody has been really nice.

Answer 1’s pricing and service team were good. Their reviews were good as well. I have the 180 minute plan with them, and it has positively impacted our business. It allowed me to have a little bit more flexibility in my practice for my everyday routine. Also, their reps have been responsive. Overall, it has been an efficient, effective and easy experience.

Answer 1

Hi Kathy! Thank you so much for your feedback and insight into your experience with our service. We are so happy to hear you are pleased with our performance and would recommend our services. It is truly our pleasure to serving your firm and clients!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Answer 1 gives us after hours answering services. It's so that we can offer better customer service to people who are trying to get ahold of us. So, we transfer the phone when we close at 5:00 until 8:00 AM the next day and on weekends. Answer 1 does a nice job and I would recommend them.

Answer 1 takes the call when we can't attend to them. We were with Kachina answering service and then Answer 1 bought out. If we have problems, I'd hear about it but I haven't heard any. The only thing I do is send them checks.

Answer 1 was with the previous management company. We just assumed the contract. Partnering with them has been absolutely wonderful and we have no issues with them. They’re a very courteous, helpful and wonderful company.

Answer 1 answers our after-hour calls and responds accordingly. Whenever we have changes or updates, their reps were friendly and easy to work with. Answer 1 is very reliable.

I was recommended by my franchise owner to Answer 1 and I'm very pleased with their service. It's been very professional. The clients who I talked with have remarked the same.

We put it to our office manager to get an answering service and she picked out Answer 1. It's our virtual receptionist for after-hours Friday at 5:00 to opening on Monday morning at 9:00 AM. The service filled the niche we needed because calls were going unanswered. I've asked help from their rep, Athena, and when she is knocked out, somebody else fills in for her. And whenever I would email and say, "Hey, can we tweak it this way?", they would get back to me really quickly and would implement what I requested. It only took an email or a quick phone call when things weren't going the way they should, and they've accommodated us several times.

We've been using Answer 1's virtual receptionist service for a little less than a year and I have liked it so far. They are very responsive and accommodating to our needs.

Answer 1

Hi Shawn! Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so glad you mentioned the issue regarding your message formatting - I am very sorry to hear it has been causing some frustration and we believe we have a perfect solution for this issue. I will ask your Account Specialist to reach out to you shortly with the update (as well as some options for the Dashboard). Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: April 19, 2017

We partnered with Answer 1 because our other receptionists didn't go 24/7. We were looking for somebody that could answer the phone any time of the day so our business utilized the receptionist call service. We’re happy that there are so many answering the phone 24/7. I’ve called the representatives a few times to change a few settings. Everything was good. But the email notifications are a bit hard to decipher. It's hard to pick out the name of the caller and the cellphone number. It’s all kind of jumbled one line and it's just hard to read. I would also like a dashboard to be able to switch from who they call in the company.

Answer 1

Good morning! Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention. Your Account Specialist will be following up today to troubleshoot the group SMS messaging on your account. I am so sorry this has been an ongoing issue and I am confident we can get address and resolve it quickly for you! Thank you!

Original review: April 6, 2017

We've been having problems with Answer 1. Whenever we're supposed to be receiving the text messages, we don't receive them. This has been happening as long as we've had the service which is about two months now. But everything else seems to be okay except for that.

Answer 1

Good morning Natalie! Thanks so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you have received positive feedback from your clients! Our partnership with you means a lot to us and each day, we strive to deliver your clients and prospective clients with an exceptional service experience on your behalf. It is a pleasure working with you and Mr. Skupin! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 30, 2017

So far, all we use is the virtual receptionist where anyone can call in at any time and they can talk to a live person, and that's the best. Since I handle most of the incoming calls, I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from clients. They like calling and being able to talk to a person even though they just take a message rather than a voicemail or anything. Also, my interactions with Answer 1's reps have all been positive. They're pretty on the ball when it comes to getting us our messages and the details of the messages that are left.

Someone using the system of Answer 1 referred them to us. Our experience has been steady and doing well so far. When we leave the office, we forward the phone to Answer 1 and they answer the calls live. We also get email notifications when there is a voicemail or a message for us. All of the information seems to be there.

I only work as an office assistant in the afternoons and there used to be a person who used to come in the mornings and would answer the phones but then she no longer could come. So Antonio, the guy I'm an assistant to, decided it was better to get an answering service as opposed to hiring somebody which is a lot more expensive. We then looked online for a Spanish-English service and found Answer 1.

By using their answering service, we get to take messages and we now know who has called. We have voicemail but sometimes, people, especially Hispanic ones, do not want to leave messages. So if they call and nobody answers, they hang up. And if they are looking for an attorney, they may go somewhere else. But with Answer 1, at least there is somebody that answers, takes the message, assures them that when we come here in the afternoon, we return the calls. In that case, it is doing good for the business. I've had interactions with their reps in the past and they have been very pleasant and effective, too. It's been a very positive experience. We’re satisfied with the service so we will continue with it.

It’s been 20 years ago when we got Answer 1. We got too busy, so we needed somebody to answer our phones and when somebody recommended Answer 1, we went with them. Our business utilizes their virtual receptionist service and we’re happy with it.

We use Answer 1's live agent service and partnering with them has impacted the business in a positive way. Also, their representatives are very friendly, courteous and helpful to our residents. They are good people to work with.

Answer 1

Hi Liz! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with our service. It truly means so much to us to know that you are happy with our service and have seen an increase in your conversion rate! It is truly an honor to serve you and your firms each day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: March 12, 2017

Setup with Answer 1 was really easy and customer service has been really good. We use their virtual receptionist services for overflow calls and after-hours calls. Our business has a need for 24-7 availability from our clients and our attorneys aren’t willing to answer the phone so we needed somebody that was available all the time. I've called and tested all the lines and Answer 1 was prompt, courteous and got everything correct. We’ve definitely seen conversion go up when clients are able to reach somebody immediately. It lessens the likelihood of the clients to move down the list to the next attorney that they'll find.

Hi Clarissa!

It has been such a pleasure serving you, your team, and customers over the last 7 years! Thank you for being such a wonderful partner and for sharing your experience with our service. We are thrilled to hear you are pleased and look forward to serving you for years to come!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: March 5, 2017

Answer 1 was the answering service we had when I started here eight months ago. They’re very good at communicating the transmissions to the technicians very thoroughly. I'm the one that deals with them for schedule changing when we roll the phones over at 5:00 o’clock. I call them every day and they’re very cordial and nice. They even delivered me a cookie basket for Christmas. I had an overall good experience.

Our business is not very active now, but Answer 1 does what they're supposed to do. We’re just using their answering service at the moment, but we did the calendar part several years ago. Overall, it's been fine.

Answer 1

Hi Heather! Thanks so much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you've had delightful experiences with our receptionists and Customer Success Team.

Your Account Specialist will be reaching out shortly to better understand what may be occurring with the multiple tickets. I am sure we can get to the bottom of it!

Hope you have a wonderful afternoon and thank you again for sharing your experience with our service. It truly means a lot to us!

Original review: March 3, 2017

We have Answer 1's after-hours answering service, like a professional switchboard. We partnered with them because of their availability and because they're one of our clients and we've had good feedback from other clients of ours who have used them. Working with them has been helpful. Their reps were very nice and very delightful. This was a new process for me and when I had questions or issues, they were very receptive to my questions and feedback. So that's very important to me. However, we get a lot of tickets from them that seem to be informative but no action needs to be taken. Sometimes we get 17 tickets and two or three of them are the same thing. But it makes sense with what they're doing.

We use Answer 1 for answering services and it is good to have it because if we did not, we would have to have the old answering machine and press buttons and if that gets full, you can't record any more calls. On the other hand, with Answer 1, the system's messages go to our computer and are stored there so it's a good service. I've called them a handful of times before and their reps have been okay and it was not a problem. They were pleasant and took care of our needs and what I asked from them.

Previously, if a tenant called for an emergency, Answer 1 just put the message through and didn't screen it to see if it was a real emergency. But now they are screening more, so they could put it through to our maintenance person. For instance, there's a phone call in my computer and the message is that the callers lost their key, so they were referred to the company near them that can open the door for them. On the other hand, when there's a leak or an emergency, their reps follow through with that message and call our maintenance person. The system is more efficient now that they screen more because we get less phone calls that are truly emergencies.

We have a support contract with Answer 1. Our customers either send an email to support email address or a phone call to a support call number and they field those calls and then route them back to us accordingly and so they’ve taken care of customer support 24/7. And every phone call or communication I've had with their reps has been great.

Question and Answers - Answer 1

What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?

Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.

What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?

We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.

What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.

How does Answer 1 measure success?

The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?

We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.

Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?

We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.

How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?

The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.

Answer 1 Company Profile