toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We use Answer 1's after hours answering service and it has been very well. It's definitely a good tool to have. They also have great people who provide great customer service. They do a fabulous job.

Answer 1

Hi Caroline! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It's so wonderful to hear that you are pleased with the service and have had great interactions with our receptionists. It is truly our pleasure to serve you and your residents. If you need anything at all, please let us know how we can be of service!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

We utilize Answer 1's answering service when we have emergency calls when it’s after hours. Partnering with them helped us receive our calls. Their people are very polite and courteous and they’re good about contacting me as soon as I get a call. They call me and then I call my maintenance man and since it’s only the two of us working the property, it has helped us greatly to have Answer 1's service. I've had good customer service from each representative working for the company.

We are an 8:00AM to 4:00PM office so if somebody wasn't in and somebody called, we wouldn't get the message. I was viewing an online search for answering services since we wanted to find a way to have our calls answered after hours, then Answer 1 happened to be a local one, so I researched them locally and contacted them. We were looking for an online service and it really didn't matter where they were in the country but since they were local and they were staffed locally, we selected them.

They answer our phones and then send us messages. All of their supervisors have been great. Everyone that set us up have been great. They respond to anything that we need within a couple of minutes. Partnering with Answer 1 has given me freedom to turn over the phone if I have a busy day. Also, it's been great because we have customers that do emergency work and we get calls during after hours and on weekends. They have been great consistent service.

I only work as an office assistant in the afternoons and there used to be a person who used to come in the mornings and would answer the phones but then she no longer could come. So Antonio, the guy I'm an assistant to, decided it was better to get an answering service as opposed to hiring somebody which is a lot more expensive. We then looked online for a Spanish-English service and found Answer 1.

By using their answering service, we get to take messages and we now know who has called. We have voicemail but sometimes, people, especially Hispanic ones, do not want to leave messages. So if they call and nobody answers, they hang up. And if they are looking for an attorney, they may go somewhere else. But with Answer 1, at least there is somebody that answers, takes the message, assures them that when we come here in the afternoon, we return the calls. In that case, it is doing good for the business. I've had interactions with their reps in the past and they have been very pleasant and effective, too. It's been a very positive experience. We’re satisfied with the service so we will continue with it.

It’s been 20 years ago when we got Answer 1. We got too busy, so we needed somebody to answer our phones and when somebody recommended Answer 1, we went with them. Our business utilizes their virtual receptionist service and we’re happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Answer 1?

We use Answer 1's live agent service and partnering with them has impacted the business in a positive way. Also, their representatives are very friendly, courteous and helpful to our residents. They are good people to work with.

Setup with Answer 1 was really easy and customer service has been really good. We use their virtual receptionist services for overflow calls and after-hours calls. Our business has a need for 24-7 availability from our clients and our attorneys aren’t willing to answer the phone so we needed somebody that was available all the time. I've called and tested all the lines and Answer 1 was prompt, courteous and got everything correct. We’ve definitely seen conversion go up when clients are able to reach somebody immediately. It lessens the likelihood of the clients to move down the list to the next attorney that they'll find.

Answer 1 was the answering service we had when I started here eight months ago. They’re very good at communicating the transmissions to the technicians very thoroughly. I'm the one that deals with them for schedule changing when we roll the phones over at 5:00 o’clock. I call them every day and they’re very cordial and nice. They even delivered me a cookie basket for Christmas. I had an overall good experience.

Our business is not very active now, but Answer 1 does what they're supposed to do. We’re just using their answering service at the moment, but we did the calendar part several years ago. Overall, it's been fine.

Answer 1

Hi Heather! Thanks so much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you've had delightful experiences with our receptionists and Customer Success Team.

Your Account Specialist will be reaching out shortly to better understand what may be occurring with the multiple tickets. I am sure we can get to the bottom of it!

Hope you have a wonderful afternoon and thank you again for sharing your experience with our service. It truly means a lot to us!

Original review: March 3, 2017

We have Answer 1's after-hours answering service, like a professional switchboard. We partnered with them because of their availability and because they're one of our clients and we've had good feedback from other clients of ours who have used them. Working with them has been helpful. Their reps were very nice and very delightful. This was a new process for me and when I had questions or issues, they were very receptive to my questions and feedback. So that's very important to me. However, we get a lot of tickets from them that seem to be informative but no action needs to be taken. Sometimes we get 17 tickets and two or three of them are the same thing. But it makes sense with what they're doing.

We use Answer 1 for answering services and it is good to have it because if we did not, we would have to have the old answering machine and press buttons and if that gets full, you can't record any more calls. On the other hand, with Answer 1, the system's messages go to our computer and are stored there so it's a good service. I've called them a handful of times before and their reps have been okay and it was not a problem. They were pleasant and took care of our needs and what I asked from them.

Previously, if a tenant called for an emergency, Answer 1 just put the message through and didn't screen it to see if it was a real emergency. But now they are screening more, so they could put it through to our maintenance person. For instance, there's a phone call in my computer and the message is that the callers lost their key, so they were referred to the company near them that can open the door for them. On the other hand, when there's a leak or an emergency, their reps follow through with that message and call our maintenance person. The system is more efficient now that they screen more because we get less phone calls that are truly emergencies.

We have a support contract with Answer 1. Our customers either send an email to support email address or a phone call to a support call number and they field those calls and then route them back to us accordingly and so they’ve taken care of customer support 24/7. And every phone call or communication I've had with their reps has been great.

Partnering with Answer 1 is good because we are a construction-based company and we may need emergency phone calls. However, there were some misspelling of stuff and incorrect telephone numbers or addresses. But it's a rare occasion that we have to contact them regarding something that was wrong. Other than that, everything else is really pretty good.

Answer 1

Good afternoon Brooke! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! As we know, emergencies do not limit themselves to office hours and we certainly understand the importance of having a friendly, caring voice available to assist your clients and prospective clients when they need you most. It is truly our pleasure to serve you and your clients each day and we thank you for being such a wonderful partner! If there is anything we can do to improve your experience with us, please let us know how we can be of service!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Our business is criminal defense and we do a lot of DUI's, and so we wanted to have an answering service that would be available to answer phone calls and screen them and just send us the DUI's and people that have emergencies – 24 hours. Partnering with Answer 1 has been great. Their representatives are always very polite and are nice to our clients. They do their best to try to ask appropriate questions to find out if it’s something that should be transferred to us or if it’s something that they can just go ahead and take a message. They’re very efficient, friendly, and professional.

Good afternoon Destinee,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our service and receptionist team! We are so happy to hear you have found our service to be a great solution to back-up your staff during the day. It can be a little tricky when the phones are busy or you need to step away for a meeting. In the evenings, we hope it is very reassuring to know that a friendly voice will always be there to assist your clients and no important calls will be missed.

We are so very honored to serve you and your firm and if there is anything we can do to improve our service, please let us know how we can help!

Thank you again and congratulations on your promotion! :)

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

We're a small firm and I am the only staff so it's hard to always be at my desk and answer the phone. Answer 1 was the solution to that problem. It makes sure that we never miss any calls from clients. If there's somebody who gets arrested outside business hours, Answer 1 will answer the phones for us and then we will all get an email to our phones and to our computers that’ll say what the problem is about. They take detailed messages for us so in case we need to talk to a client outside of business hours we are able to see exactly what they need and how we can help them at that time.

Then in December 2016, we moved offices so we had to re-set up all of our systems. We called Answer 1 and let them know we're moving and they made sure to transfer everything over. We changed staff as well because I was promoted to the office manager and they were good about getting my contact information so they can send me the bills. All in all, Answer 1 has been very helpful for small businesses like ours.

Resolution In Progress

Answer 1

Good morning Janice - Thank you for your feedback and review of our services! We truly appreciate you sharing your concerns so we may quickly address and resolve any confusion with the portfolio changes. Your Account Specialist, Lluvia, will be reaching out shortly to review your account and discuss a long term solution to ensure future updates are completed correctly. Your feedback is truly invaluable to us and if we are not meeting our clients' expectations, we certainly want to know so we can take immediate action to resolve any outstanding concerns. Thank you again and we hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I've been using Answer 1 for a decade and they're an advantage. Our company utilizes them for after-hours or emergency calls and it is helpful that we get calls. For the most part they all seem to be very nice to work with. However they have a difficult time when we move buildings, in taking us and putting new managers on them. So we tend to get a lot of calls from buildings we haven't managed for years. They don't do a good job updating, and property managers move around a lot. They're not the only company that does that so it seems to be kind of an industry thing, but that's our biggest hurdle. So then the right property manager isn't getting their after-hours calls, somebody else is.

We can rely and count on Answer 1 for all of our off-service needs. Partnering with them help us be a better office and be more efficient when we're not there and they get our messages to our doctors. Their representatives have always been pleasant, attentive and prompt. They're doing great.

We use Answer 1 after-hours answering service and they've been great and always on time. They always contact us on our emergency calls as we mentioned to them, “If it's an emergency, contact us. If it's not, just go ahead and fax it over to us.” So I have spoken to a couple of representatives on those calls and everything's been wonderful.

Answer 1

Good morning Christiana - Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words! We strive to deliver an exceptional experience to our clients and their customers and are so thrilled to hear you are happy with the service! Should there ever be anything you might need, we are just a phone call (or an email) away. Thank you again and we hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

We've been using Answer 1 as our answering service and it's amazing. Their reps are nice, they know what they’re talking about, and they're great at their job. It's an overall excellent experience.

We use Answer 1 so someone would answer the phone because we’re not here most of the time. It helps us out immensely and so far, they have a very positive impact to our business. They do a great job and we’re happy to have them on board.

Answer 1 was already right here when I started working for this company. We use it for emergency call for our tenants which helps a lot because that’s the only way we can find out when tenants are having an emergency. Their reps were very friendly. So far, everything’s good with them.

Answer 1

Good morning Angela - thank you for your review! A member of our Customer Success team will be reaching out shortly to see how we can better serve your practice and patients! Thank you for the opportunity to serve you for the last 17 years and we look forward to working with you for years to come!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

We utilize Answer 1's emergency contact service. People call their number and go through them to get to the doctor. So far partnering with them has been pretty positive for the business.

We forward our calls to Answer 1 when we’re closed for the night and it has helped our business positively. Their representatives are very friendly.

The company I work for already had Answer 1 when I started back in 2001. We use their on-call routing service and it's been fantastic. It has really streamlined a lot of things. The rep I always talk to is fantastic as well. Answer 1 is great, overall.

We've been using Answer 1 for years throughout the company. We utilize their on-call answering service after hours, and it's helpful as emergency calls always come through when no one else is on the property. They update us on holidays if we need anything special for the holiday hours, and have always been helpful and positive.

Answer 1

Hi Angie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with our service. We know how important it is that a live, friendly voice is there for your existing and prospective clients any time of day and we're happy to hear that our team took good care of everything while you were out. We hope you are feeling better and if there is anything you need, we're just a call away. Thank you for being such a great partner to Answer1!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

So far, Answer 1 has been great. I was out sick in the last couple of days and they took care of everything for us. Using their virtual receptionist service keeps us from missing important phone calls because we receive an e-mail. So if we get a new client, they set it right over to us and then we can get in touch with that client if we need to. When I started at work, Answer 1 assisted me in explaining to me how to set the service up in the evening because I had no idea. They were really good about that.

Answer 1 has made it easy for us and our business and they have been professional and friendly. We like that they send a daily report on all the calls that came in and that’s helpful. They’re good at screening calls because we get more fitting calls as well. They're better than our previous provider, who often sounded like they were answering from their car or had a child in the background.

Answer 1

Hi Kat! Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you are pleased with the service and it has been easy to adjust your service plan as needed. We wish you and your staff a wonderful holiday!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I felt that I was being overcharged by the previous company that I used. They charged me by the phone call, so for them to be able to bill me they would have to have evidence of how many phone calls they took for us. When I felt that my bill tripled and I asked for documentation as to why it was so high, they could not provide me any evidence as to the amount of phone calls they receive for me every month. So I changed companies. Answer 1 is an answering service for us when we're not open. We forward our phones to them and they call us with any emergencies. They charge me for the amount of time, not per phone call, so if the amount of time we were using was going up, I could change the plan and save money and they're always flexible about that. So I've been very happy with them or I wouldn't be still with them.

We've been using Answer 1 for 30 years already. We utilize their answering service and we're happy with their services. If I need to call them for our holiday hours or when anybody else is on call, I get a call or an email and then they respond quickly. And anytime I've talked to any of them they're very nice. We'd recommend them.

Answer 1

Thank you so much for your feedback Mr. Grewer! I've just checked with Alicia on our Client Services team and it looks the client name and claim number were recently added to your message form. I am sure this was frustrating and we are glad to hear this was resolved quickly. We always welcome your feedback and suggestions on how we can better serve you and you clients! Happy Holidays and we hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Overall the service has been fine. My only complaint is the message often is not accurate and provides an incorrect name. Also, I talk to insurance companies about clients and I will get a message like "John from State Farm called." I have 20 clients involved with State Farm in various ways. I need a client's name or claim number to link the caller to the insurance company so that I can prepare myself to talk to them or determine whether I need to call them back at all. Insurance companies always provide this right off the bat, but this information is not finding its way into the message. Otherwise, great job.

Question and Answers - Answer 1

What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?

Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.

What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?

We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.

What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.

How does Answer 1 measure success?

The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?

We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.

Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?

We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.

How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?

The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.

Answer 1 Company Profile