4.70/5
  • 1 star
Based on 179 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Answer 1 is the only virtual receptionist service provider that is dedicated to becoming an extension of your business. Our receptionists are available 24/7/365 and backed by industry leading technology that allows them to provide your clients an exceptional experience while you concentrate on running your business.

From qualifying leads, appointment scheduling and traditional answering services, to enhanced support and integration with your business tools, Answer 1 offers these great services and more.

Answer 1 Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 27, 2017

180 Answer 1 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I like Answer 1. It’s been a very good professional upgrade, relative to voicemail alone and it definitely freed up some time and energy of having to not be in the office as frequently. The reps were also very professional, but they have a soft side and they’re very nice, which is important to me in business. They don’t seem aggressive and they don’t seem to contrive. It’s actually nice when the clients are calling and get to speak with one of them. Their customer service is definitely excellent. You can get somebody that make changes or handle your request right away and their pricing is actually very fair. I really had an excellent experience from sales, all the way through to operations and follow up and customer service. I’m very pleased.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We've been using American1 to assist in our business for at least 16 years. We use their 24-hour service and boarding of messages as we cannot have a physical presence at our building 24/7. Whenever I need to call them their reps are very responsive. Answer 1 has a positive business ethics and we look forward to their continuing in a positive manner.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

We needed to make a change and Answer 1 was the most organized. We use their answering service and we’re getting all of our calls, which is important. If the call is important, we can follow up with them. Also, Answer 1 has been prompt with their reports and their reps have all been really helpful and informative. By far, everything’s been great.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Instead of hiring a receptionist, we had Answer 1 answer calls for us. It has a positive impact to my business and I have not been missing phone calls. The rep, Terry, was the initial person I contacted and she has been very good and was very on the ball with getting back to me. Athena was a little delayed in getting back to me initially and there were a few issues, but then they got it all worked out and it’s been fine ever since. Answer 1 is a good investment.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I liked Answer 1's price and I have a good experience with them. Answer 1's answering service is helping me and I'm not answering the phone all the time now. Also, their representatives have been always good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Answer 1?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Answer 1 offered a service that we needed and they seem to be very efficient. They take our after-hours calls and then dispatch them. They do a simplistic service for us but they do a great job. Also, their representatives have all been very professional and our overall experience with them is excellent.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We're in a service industry, so we had to web-capture calls after five o'clock. Our headquarter company then set up Answer 1 for us and with it, I get a call after hours from a live person who says, "You want me to patch you through?" Answer 1 has helped us and we've captured many after-hours sales because of working with them. I've had a wide variety of interactions with Answer 1 representatives. Some of the representatives don’t know what we do, so their terminology isn’t correct. I sell something that has the initials VFD but the representatives, sometimes, leave the F out or think that VFD stands for voluntary fire department when it’s not. But these are just things that even a trained person would probably miss and Answer 1 has gotten better in the last three to six months. I can now understand the folks who call me. And overall, they're always short and sweet with me and they're quick.

Answer 1 response

Hi Clyde! Thank you for sharing your experiences with our service! We are happy to hear that our team members are efficient and there has been an improvement in recent months. We are definitely going to take a look at some of the misspellings and perhaps even create a caller ID database or reference list for frequent callers and top clients. We are always working to get better at what we do and appreciate all the feedback you may have for us. Thank you again and Happy Holidays to you and your team!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Our business uses Answer 1's answering service when the office is not occupied. It seemed to be fine because we get the messages that are there when we're not available. Also, it is an emergency number for people.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Our Director of Finance looked for options for answering services to supplement our own abilities and hours, and partnering with Answer 1 was a bit of a mixed bag. Some of it has been good. It definitely helps to have the virtual receptionist service to supplement us when we don't have people available to answer the phone. But the only issue we have is in the quality of the messages we're receiving as the messages don't make sense. If we're not able to respond right away, it results in having us call the customer back and get clarification. We build pistols and there's a lot of technical information that Answer 1's operators don't have the knowledge to understand. The service has been okay so far and while we're still making a lot of callbacks as more often than not, it helps to have a person answer the phone as opposed to it going to a voicemail.

Answer 1 response

Good afternoon Alex! Thanks so much for your review! It is very important to us that we sound like an extension of your company and that the information we collect helps your team be more efficient. Your Account Specialist will be reaching out shortly to learn more about the recent concerns and create a solution that will deliver an A+ experience for you and your staff. We may look at adding some common terminology and product lines/names that will allow us to sound much more knowledgeable and confident! We truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for the opportunity to address and resolve any concerns you may have. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I got Answer 1’s CRS service and it has done our business well. It lets us know when we get emergency calls and it’s really good on filtering up non-emergency calls or some sending out the emails. I only deal with their reps if I have a question in regards to the message that they sent. I’m very satisfied with my overall experience with Answer 1.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Answer 1 was always implanted when I first started with the company and they answer the phone when we're not in. It makes sure that we get the emergency calls, so that it doesn't cost us more money in the long run if we get it the next day. They're very efficient.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My job duties have expanded so much and it’s hard for me to get to the phone all the time. Right now, we’re using Answer 1 for after hours and we make very few calls so I want them to answer in the daytime too. However, we have a huge variety of calls and some of them are very sensitive. I'm also running into problems finding the time to get a protocol in place for them and to constructively instruct them how to do it. And, I have a traditional employer who is very hesitant about trying something like this. But so far, they're great. They’re a live answering service and I really like the two women that I have worked with over the phone and email. They're beyond accommodating to me with my delay in getting the system fully set up.

Answer 1 response

Hi Luann! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the service and our Customer Success Team has been responsive when you've needed them! Thank you for your review and if you need anything at all, we are here for you!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've eliminated the need for a receptionist when I got Answer 1 and I've made sure that all of our calls are answered by a live person 24 hours a day. When people call, they answer and forward them to the appropriate person. It's good. It's just that sometimes when they answer the phone, people can definitely tell that it's an answering service. And sometimes, it makes people not know what company they're calling.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We've had other answering services and there's always a lot of mistakes. There were a lot of wrong people being contacted. We knew that Answer 1 was providing services to one of our competitors, so we reached out and checked them and decided that this is what we're looking for in terms of the after hour call services. It's been over three years now and the relationship has been great. We definitely got a lot more than we expected. It's made our outgoing calls to our managers a lot easier. They have a good system that we've clicked with over the years.

As far as the cost of the services, that depends on the volume of calls that we get per month. There's a base charge and if we go over that then we will get charged additionally. This is why we try to tweak the process and the sequence of calls, so that we can stay within our base price and not go over that. That has worked out well. Plus, their reps are very responsive. I give them any updates and they always confirm. So far, we've been on the same page. They're very professional and they know their stuff.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I work very closely with Answer 1. I'm part of client services and that's the whole reason why we have them. We were originally with Ruby and we were not pleased with their services. We switched over to Answer 1 and they answer and take messages for us. We're a law firm so we got a pretty high volume of calls and there are only two client services specialists here. So, we needed a couple of other people on hand to answer calls when they came in.

Answer 1 has been very handy to have. The only thing that I would probably recommend is for their messaging intake to be bit better because when we call the clients after they've taken the message, it's not exactly what the client had mentioned. So, we kind of have to do some digging for us before we contact the client back. The reps are very kind, but sometimes, they don't grab the phone numbers that we need so if our call disconnected, it would be great to have that phone number. Any email address would be nice, too. We've tried to change the script that they go off of, but it seems to still not be going off the script or they're just not editing it. There are definitely some complaints we've had currently and in the past so we're trying to be able to hire some more people on our end so that we can lessen the intake from Answer 1. Nevertheless, we are pleased with them. We appreciate the calls that they handle.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We spend a lot of time out of the office and we didn't want to miss the phone calls, so we have Answer 1 for reception services. They get the messages through quickly, but there's a technical issue and there's an echo when I'm speaking to the other person. Otherwise, they've been very helpful and we're happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We partnered with Answer 1 to free up my time from the front desk. We got the virtual receptionist and live agent messaging services. There are still a few kinks that we're trying to work out and we're still getting used to it, but it's been okay. They are not forwarding calls and just taking messages. Typically, we forward every call to whoever the call is for so that's been a little challenging. Also, they don't always take all the information. Some people are very thorough, but other times I get a message that just says, "So and so called." It doesn't say what the call was about, who the call was for, or any other details so I know who to send the message to.

Their reps have been pleasant and helpful. However, they have so many people answering the phone that it's hard to get them trained on our scripts to where they are consistent. If there are 10 people answering, not everybody is gonna be as thorough as the other person. We're definitely not using them as much as we probably should because I'm hesitant to.

Answer 1 response

Hi Chelsea! Thanks so much for your feedback! I am so sorry to hear that there have been some recent service concerns with the quality of your messages. All messages should be professionally written, detailed, and accurate! I have asked your Account Specialist to reach out to you so we can resolve this issue for you quickly! If there is ever anything you may need or if you have any concerns, large or small, our team is here for you. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Cameron

Director of Customer Success

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I really like Answer 1. I got their calling service. We don't want to have a huge amount of overhead with office space and employees so they were a perfect solution because I can be anywhere in the world and they will relay calls to me. They answer the calls in a professional way and our clients never know that I don't have somebody else to answer and that I have my own employees answering the phone. Their representatives were great. Sometimes I would get calls or miss a call. I call them back immediately and they always know who called, why they called and they have a little blurb on them and they can always connect me back and that's great. Furthermore, I love the transcription service where I get an email if I'm on a flight and I'm not able to answer the phone and my business partner isn't able to answer the phone. They do a great job.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

It’s cheaper to hire an answering service than it is to pay a live body so I partnered with Answer 1. They answer all of our calls after the second ring. It’s just like having a receptionist and they’re very professional when they answer the calls so we’re very satisfied with them. Their reps were extremely professional and very friendly. We’re very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Answer 1 has been in the company when I started working here a year ago. We’ve been using the after-call service and I just pay the bill once a month. However, we had a couple of hiccups with the communication with them. My tenant called Answer 1 and the rep told us that they don’t service us which I think was because our name was incorrect. I’ve been getting calls from Answer 1 but nobody’s leaving me messages. I’ve reached out to our point of contact through email. I had her address this issue three times and she’s been very nice.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We got inundated with calls and the after hours, so we used the receptionist service from Answer 1 and we were able to stay on top of the calls. Also, their reps were always pleasant to speak with when they patched a call through. They did a good job overall and Answer 1 was a very nice feature to have.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Our company uses Answer 1 and we utilize the answering service. They’re doing good and I’m happy with them. I’m able to speak with their representatives whenever I need to. They're efficient as well.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Consumer Reports and other sites highly recommended Answer 1 so we partnered with them. We use their live answering and message taking services which have been tremendously helpful. Their representatives that take the calls have been very friendly, accommodating and accurate in the information that they obtain. Answer 1's a little pricey but the price is worth it for what you get.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

We partnered with Answer 1 to make things a little easier here on all of us because we do sometimes get quite a bit of calls. However, there have been some issues that we’ve been trying to get resolved with them that we have not been able to get anywhere with. When it comes to the programming when they submit a trouble ticket over to us, they put the subject line as 3341 and we have asked them repetitively to adjust that because when we’ve got 10 to 20 tickets in a group, we don’t know which ticket is for what job. That takes time away from having to figure that out. We’ve also had issues with the call quality as well. I’m hearing myself echo when I'm talking on the phone.

Another issue that we had was the call flow like getting things where they needed to go. It’s a brand new service and we haven’t had them for too long so I understand that there’s going to be hiccups down the road until we get that all straightened out. But we’re constantly reaching out saying, “Please fix this.” And it seems like nothing’s been done. Other than that, it’s been a good service. The representatives that I do speak with that take my calls for me have been pretty good but it’s just that it's a weekly occurrence that we have to reach out at some point to get the requests we've been putting in rectified and it’s starting to impact things. They’re a good company thus far. They do a pretty good job with taking messages and whatnot. I haven’t had too many issues aside from what I’ve mentioned. However, the timeliness of getting these issues completed is a problem but I would still recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We have contracts with the DESDADV and part of our protocol is we need to ensure that if it's after hours, we have to return a message within 15 minutes. We wanted to make sure that that was being accommodated. We use the service of Answer 1 for answering calls after hours. All the interactions with their reps have been very positive. Since working with Answer 1, we don't have any deficits in returning calls. They are efficient and get the job done.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

After 6 months they can't consistently pronounce my name. When a client ask for my services, they have a hard time reading the basic language of my website. When I have brought this up and asked for a response, I have received an apology. However, I have not received a response to fix it. They advertise many services that they have not followed through on. I would highly encourage you to take your business elsewhere.

Hi Dr. Mulchay,

Thank you so much for sharing your concerns with us. I know you have been working closely with your Account Specialist and a scheduling solution is in place. Additionally, we have been working with our receptionists on the correct pronunciation of your name and this issue should be resolved. We were very disappointed to hear of your experience and appreciate you giving us honest feedback. We take great pride in delivering our clients with an exceptional service experience at all times, which includes doing what we say we will do. I look forward to speaking with you soon to ensure everything ran smoothly while you were away.

Sincerely,

Cameron Reichert
Director of Customer Success

800.408.3408

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I googled a bunch of companies for answering services. When I spoke to Answer 1’s rep and summed up the prices and the service, they best fit what we needed. We utilize their answering service. It’s for emergencies when our residents don’t get through to the on call, then they can call the emergency line and speak with someone. And Answer 1 seems to be doing what we need and their service works for our company.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

We use the after hours service of Answer 1 and they do a great job. They keep trying until they get a hold of somebody and are very good about sending email follow-ups after they do receive a call, which is very helpful. Their people are very friendly and personable. A lot of times they call me in the wee hours of the night and they're always very apologetic for waking me up, which I appreciate because sometimes I can be a bit cranky.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Our business is currently using Answer 1's answering service during after-hours. We need it since we're not open 24/7. All of my interactions with their reps have been good. They have our regular schedule and we tell them when we're out of the office or closed for whatever holiday and they get us all our messaging and everything. Their service has been very helpful and having them has positively impacted our business. I'd recommend their service.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We're a property management and we needed to have someone available to answer our phone for us and for our tenants anytime there's an emergency at the building. Our director of property management referred us to Answer 1. Having it allows us to have a 24-hour service for our tenants. Also, Luvia, Answer 1's account manager has been great to work with and she's always very helpful whenever I have any questions. So far, it's been a very good experience.

Answer 1 questions and answers

What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?
Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.
What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?
We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.
What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.
How does Answer 1 measure success?
The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?
The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?
We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.
Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.
How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?
The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.

Answer 1 Company Information

www.answer1.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use