Call toll free
4.69/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Answer 1 is the only virtual receptionist service provider that is dedicated to becoming an extension of your business. Our receptionists are available 24/7/365 and backed by industry leading technology that allows them to provide your clients an exceptional experience while you concentrate on running your business.

From qualifying leads, appointment scheduling and traditional answering services, to enhanced support and integration with your business tools, Answer 1 offers these great services and more.

Answer 1 Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

218 Answer 1 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Answer 1 is part of our phone system with TDS Network. We use the after-hours live voice message services so clients or prospects who are calling after hours get picked up by a live person. They take a message and then they email us a transcript of the conversation. It's nice that instead of leaving a lifeless voicemail that a lot of companies do, you get to talk to a live person. I would appreciate that myself.

They also help us with a 24-hour maintenance team and Answer 1 has an escalation service. If somebody calls in saying there's a fire or their electricity went out, Answer 1 has the ability to escalate that to our personal cell phones. We gave them our 24-hour maintenance cell phone so that people can call in after hours. So far, I had a fantastic conversation with their reps on the phone. We had a couple of escalations in one weekend in the middle of the night for something that was not on our escalation. When I contacted them, they called back within two hours and said it was a bug and they have updated it. Since then, we haven't had any issues.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Answer 1 seemed like the best fit and we've been using them for a while now. We get calls forwarded and we also have the live agent messaging and the appointment scheduling. Answer 1 has been great and extremely helpful. I also had a great interaction with Paula. She had great customer service skills and was extremely pleasant to work with. Overall, we are content.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We wanted our phone calls answered live and they are but Answer 1 did not guarantee to answer it in any certain ring, so we could lose some calls. It’s fine but I’m not completely sold with not answering the call after five rings. Still, Answer 1 was good about checking with me about holidays so I appreciate that. Every customer seemed to be happy with the way they were treated so that was great and they were good about the emails when they get a call for one of the rest of us in the office.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Answer 1 is fabulous and great. We've been using them for a long time and we love them. We use their answering service after-hours and whenever we have an emergency, they are able to contact the on-call person and relay the message so that they can contact the resident. So, they are able to address the issues immediately without having to give out personal phone numbers. We communicate with Answer 1's reps mainly through email and if ever we have any issues, we give them a call and they rectify the problem right away. They're very professional and we have no desire to switch to any other company. Even though we've had other ones in here trying to solicit our business, we tell them that we're happy with who we're with.

Answer 1 response

Good morning Annette! Thanks so much for your wonderful feedback. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with the service and are appreciative of the opportunity to serve you and your residents each day. Thanks so much!

Original review: July 13, 2018

We've gone through a couple of different answering services and there were a few things as far as the way calls were being answered and hold times that we weren't really happy with them. The owner of the company works with a lot of other HVAC businesses and after reviewing several different companies, we recently switched to Answer 1. I set up the account and had a great interaction with their rep as far as any questions or concerns that we've had. Our calls are recorded and whoever I spoke to was able to take care of any of our concerns or issues in reviewing calls. We use their afterhours or on-call service, and so far the service has been great. However, we do not receive any type of statements. Payments are drafted out of the credit card account so we need to know how to request monthly statements. Other than that, we're happy so far and Answer 1 seems to be on the top of our list right now for answering services that we've had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Answer 1?

No response received
Original review: June 25, 2018

I'm using Answer 1's virtual receptionist service because I needed some support on a telephone line 24/7. We had some issues with people not following the script that we gave them and also with them transferring phone calls before qualifying the customer. But it has been okay.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Our business doesn't get receptionists and having a temp to come in our office was too much and it wasn't worth it. We needed someone to answer the phone and Answer 1 has been very helpful when I'm out of the office. I'm the only staff member so if I take a day off or leave then phones are still being answered. We have been using the call forwarding service since the end of February. I interact with their representatives usually by email and they were all right and answering any time I had a question.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I use Answer 1 for inbound and outbound answering service. The other campus, which is on the same group of schools for us, had a good experience with it. And then, in our initial look-around, it seemed like they were going to be the best partner for us. Everybody at Answer 1 has been easy to work with and the calls are getting answered, which is a priority for us. I work with Cameron and she has been amazing, easy to work with, and has been helping us plan what we need and coordinate it all. That's been a difference-maker for us. Answer 1 is reliable and they function as a business partner more than our previous service. Beyond just getting the phone answered, we needed someone who we can talk to about the service and how we need to tailor it, and different things that our business needs and that they're always available for that.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We used to do an internal project hotline through our end and we were just getting too many projects, so we started looking at different answering service throughout. The office manager found Answer 1. They're right on the street from where we are. The account manager who I've called and spoken to when we were first setting everything up was really good. The people from Answer 1 have also always been really helpful and willing to assist with anything that we need. Any changes that we needed in the beginning when we were first starting to get everything rolling, they were really helpful in that. Partnering with them has definitely helped us out. Our business has grown, and with their answering service for our project hotline, they've been able to take a load off. I would recommend them as an answering service for different projects.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The company already has Answer 1 before I came and I've been with the company for 15 years now. For the emergency services and so forth, the company would be calling them. Working with Answer 1 is good because you're not having to worry that you're not getting connected with them. If they see anything that needs attention, they'll call us. They're a good company and I have no complaints. I've been in this business a long time, and I've seen other properties use different companies and they're not as good as Answer 1. Hopefully, Answer 1 is gonna stay because they've been here many, many years and they're not taking it for granted. They're dependable and there's never an excuse why they couldn't get a hold of them.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Answer 1 picks up on calls after hours for our business and then during hours, it rings after a certain point. With that, they have helped our business since people prefer talking to someone than just leaving a voicemail. They also keep track of all the physical call log and get all the contact information so that we don't have to do that ourselves. Their reps have been very helpful and friendly as well. Any questions I've had, they got back to me right away so they could answer right then and there. And if they didn't have the ability of knowing what the response would be, they still got back to me right away.

Original review: April 18, 2018

It's been a positive experience with Answer 1 and I would recommend them. We use their virtual receptionist service and they've impacted our business in a positive way.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We have a good partnership Answer 1. They take the team's after hour phone calls. Their reps are also good to work with and they do a good job of getting the information we need by the time they get a hold of us.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We had an account that was transferred to Answer 1 from another company. The other company ended up specializing in attorneys only so I thought of trying Answer 1 out and we've been happy, so far. There were some hiccups in the transition, but no problem. We've been using their services for six months now. They answer calls for us, make appointments, forward calls when needed and filter out sales calls. It frees up some more of our time. Recently, I emailed our rep, for we needed to make a change in our processes of how we set appointments and she quickly made the change. It seems like it's going well, so far.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Our former company turned over our answering service to Answer 1 which we use when we’re closed or if we’re at lunch. Their reps are nice and always polite.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Answer 1 took over the company we were using for the answering service portion. They took over for Alert and they were hired to do after hour calls. When we had a couple of little issues, the reps were easy to fix them. We’ve been very happy with Answer 1.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Answer 1 was already in place when I started in January for our business’ after hours answering service. They call for emergency and then they text every message. Originally, they emailed non-emergencies the next day. But something was miscategorized so now, we decide what call is emergency or non-emergency.

We've had some problems this year with getting our messages correctly. We have not gotten them on time and they've been misconstrued. We don't really get that many calls, so we didn't realize there was a problem. I called them and the rep said she was looking into it but she did not get back with me so I'm rather disappointed. They should have checked, explained how they were going to get a hold of it and double-checked everything to make sure we were on the right track. Also, when I changed numbers and people, they didn't explain how they were doing the messages, they didn't explain the process, and then they didn't follow up to make sure it was working correctly. Hopefully, going forward would be just fine.

Original review: March 26, 2018

When I came on as part of the team, my company was using Answer 1. We utilize their on-call services and as a whole, it's really productive. It's also excellent when they answer the phones. But there were a lot of issues and confusion when they built a lot of time for calls that didn’t even come in. There were also bookings that weren't there, plus there were problems with scripting and calling the wrong people. So, the service has not been as professional as it could have been. But the case manager person that we have, Britney, has been fantastic. If I ever email her and say that a person doesn't need to get the service request anymore or if I ask her to change the script or tell her our new hours or holiday hour, she'd get right on the matter and take care of it.

So they’ve been responsive when problems happen and there’s always someone that we could reach out to at Answer 1. They're available 24 hours a day and their system is very user-friendly. And if we need to speak to a supervisor, they’re very good about getting somebody right on the line. Their people are very friendly, very professional, and I haven’t ever encountered somebody that had a bad mood or wasn’t helpful in any way. At one point, we were having them all day long and the volume that they were handling for us was for 300 homes. We had a lot of calls and Answer 1 was wonderful about it. I would highly recommend them, though the lack of problems would have been a lot better.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We use Answer 1 when our priests are on call after hours. So they're an emergency line for us. 100% of the time, their reps are very kind and responsive, which I appreciate. When it seems like there’s been an error and we can’t figure out if it’s on our end or theirs, they'll always say it was probably us and they’ll do whatever they can to make sure it won’t happen again. And 95% of the time, they get it right. So their service is very important when there's somebody that needs a priest. I’m really happy with them and I would recommend them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I got somebody in the office in the morning to answer the phone but I don’t have anybody in the afternoon and I don’t have time to answer every call. I thought getting a receptionist service would be a good option. So, I Googled answering service and found Answer 1. So far, I’m very satisfied with their service. A lot of times, when people call me, they get the voicemail and sometimes they just hang up. So when somebody answers the phone, at least I’ll know who called and typically, they leave a message. I’m better informed about who calls and why they call if I do miss that call.

Answer 1 response

Hi Chester! Thanks so much for your feedback! We agree that callers, and most importantly, prospective clients, are less likely to hang up if they reach a live receptionist (instead of voicemail). We are so happy you have selected Answer1 to be your partner and we are truly appreciative of the opportunity to represent your business. Should you need anything at all, we are here for you! Thank you again!

Original review: March 21, 2018

Answer 1 was being used by our sister company at Karya Health, and then we went with them too. They provide us with our information for after hours call follow up and they are very detailed. They send us the information in a timely manner. The customer service reps have been very friendly and responsive, too. I would recommend them.

Answer 1 response

Hi Sue! Thanks so much for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear you have had great experiences with our service. We certainly understand the critical nature of your calls and know it is important that urgent issues are dispatched to your team accurately and efficiently. It is truly such a pleasure serving you and are very appreciative of the opportunity to assist with your other lines of business. Thank you Sue!

Original review: March 12, 2018

The company that we were working with bought out Answer 1. We use their answering service and they're on-call for emergencies. When I call them, some of their people are not so great and challenging at times. They don’t seem to be aware of what's happening and when I try to explain to them what the problem is, they don’t seemed to be very knowledgeable how to fix it. Then they don’t return my call. So I always find myself reaching out to Cameron because she can handle what I'm emailing her about and it's much easier and more time efficient for me. She's awesome.

Answer 1 response

Hi April! While we are pleased to hear that any questions or concerns were addressed, we are very sorry to hear about some of the experiences where you received less than exceptional customer service. All of our Team Members should be equipped to answer any question you may have and we are very grateful you have brought this concern to our attention.

We truly thank you for sharing this experience so we can better understand the issue and get right to work fixing it! We wonder if there may have been a little confusion during the transition from your previous provider over to Answer1, however if there are any outstanding concerns, we will certainly assist in getting them taken care of as quickly as possible. You are in good hands with our Customer Success Team! One of our Account Specialists will be following up with you shortly and we look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you April!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I've worked at Coca-Cola in Phoenix, Arizona for 12 years and we have been using Answer 1 for over 12 years. Whatever needs to be changed, added, deleted goes through me. Our business utilizes their virtual receptionist services. When the employees call in sick, or that they are going to be late or not coming to work, Answer 1 answers the phone. The system then asks things like what shift and what the reasons for calling out are. Then it sends an email to me and the managers and that is how we find out.

Answer 1 is extremely helpful because everybody gets the email and everybody knows the time that the employee called out. They have a number that the employee gives as well as a caller ID number in case we need to get in touch with them instead of calling or texting a supervisor who may or may not be working that night. Answer 1 is accurate and if there is a mistake, they correct it immediately. Also, the Answer 1 representatives are very professional and polite and they provide a fast response. I would recommend this company to anybody. They are great to work with. I have given other Coke plants and other non-Coke related businesses Answer 1's information so they could use it too.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

When I took over this property, Answer 1 came with the existing contract, and we kept them for convenience. At present, we utilize their live agent messaging, which allowed for somebody to be able to answer the phone if we’re not available. In addition, their customer service is great.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We use Answer 1's live agent messaging. We're working four shifts here and we are on call 24 hours, for three people. Our customers need to be able to contact someone live. When a customer is down for a hotshot or a breakdown, we need to have fast service. We normally have 30 minutes to an hour to take care of the customer, and that's including calling a Cape Air freight or getting a charter airplane. The system also works out great because that whole process is time-consuming considering the short time frame that we have. Then, every week, I speak with their team over email and they notify us who's going to be on call for that week. If there is a holiday, they notify us two weeks in advance so that they can help us and we can help them as far as identifying who is going to be on call.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We partnered with Answer 1 as we needed a live person to answer our phones after hours. We've been using them for 10 years and they've always done what they're supposed to in a timely manner. We get our leads for the down floors so it's still keeping our money rolling in. They're a great option for an after-hours answering service.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I used Answer 1 at another company. I am now in an emergency service company and I needed some support. Answer 1 only does after-hours answering service, and it’s helpful so that one person isn’t doing everything. Typically, just before a holiday, the reps want to make sure what our hours are going to be and whenever I have any changes, I reach out to them. I've been working with Answer 1 for a few years, and I’m quite happy with the service that I receive from them. For the most part, Answer 1 has worked out pretty well, and I would recommend them highly.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Our company has Answer 1's answering machine service. Answer 1 is very reliable when we're unavailable (after hours and weekends). Their representatives are very good, responsive and when I call, they're detail-oriented and courteous.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We needed someone to answer our phones when the office was closed during the holiday and we were referred to Answer 1. We got excellent service from Answer 1 and I felt confident over the holidays. Answer 1’s reps have provided absolutely excellent service and are very professional.

Answer 1 response

Hi Elizabeth! This is so wonderful to hear - thanks so much for trying us out over the holidays. We are always happy to help! Best wishes to you and your staff and we hope to work with you again soon!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We've had Answer 1 for quite some time and they were here before I became the manager. We use their virtual receptionist for off-hour services. When the doctor's on call they've done very well. Anytime I've had to call them they've always been very courteous and very helpful.

Answer 1 response

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for your feedback! We know it is important that a friendly, caring voice is there for your patients when they need you most - thank you for putting your trust in us. We look forward to working with you and your practice for years to come. Thank you!

Answer 1 expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Answer 1 prides itself on providing virtual receptionist services as an extension of clients’ businesses. With receptionists available 24/7/365, Answer 1 provides lead qualification, appointment scheduling, and traditional answering services along with enhanced support and business tool integration. Backed by industry-leading technology, Answer 1 strives to provide an exceptional experience so clients may concentrate on business growth.

• Industry specific receptionists: Answer 1 receptionists are trained and placed into industry-specific teams to ensure your current or potential clients are speaking with someone with the same knowledge as someone in your office.

• Lead qualification & appointment scheduling: Answer 1 is one of the only virtual receptionist service providers that offer 24/7/365 lead qualification and appointment scheduling.

• Enhanced customer support: Answer 1 can work with your business to provide end-to-end solutions to help you deliver a best in class customer experience.

• CRM integration: From the initial phone call or email, Answer 1 technology allows for vital client information be put into your system in near real time.

• Best for: entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized businesses in the legal, commercial, professional, medical and IT fields looking to cut costs and grow their business.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Answer 1 questions and answers

What problem is Answer 1 trying to solve?
Our mission is to help our clients increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve brand experience and interaction with their customers.
What sets Answer 1 apart from the competition?
We believe we offer the best service in the industry. First, we admit when we make mistakes, but we are proud that we don’t do it too often. Answer 1’s complaint rate is less 0.01% of number of calls answered. Second, we never outsource our virtual receptionists, all calls are answered by Answer 1 employees. Third, we provide our clients service 24/7/365. Fourth, we have fast answer times and +90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 rings. Fifth, the technology at Answer 1 can integrate into many of our client's software applications, including Salesforce, Infusionsoft and Service Titan, among others. Six, we speak Spanish! Last, we take care of our employees so they can take care of your customers. We offer competitive wages, contribute 80% of employee healthcare premiums, offer $50k life insurance policies, free snacks, as well as a fantastic culture that has made Answer 1 a member of Arizona's Top Companies to Work For.
What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Our clients need help creating positive customer touch points with their brand, managing the highs and lows in call volume, call triage, scheduling and data entry, among other things. But our clients don’t have unlimited resources. They need a high value, quality solution at a cost that makes sense. Answer 1 is here to help.
How does Answer 1 measure success?
The average Answer 1 client stays with us for over 6 years, with many of our clients having relationships with us dating back for over a decade. With long relationships we know we are creating value for our clients. We also keep track of the number of complaints we get from our clients. Our percentage of complaints to number of calls is 0.01%.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?
The largest misconceptions are that we don't understand technology or that we don't know how to integrate with technology. As small to medium sized businesses more fully incorporate software applications into their day-to-day, it is imperative that Answer 1 and others in the industry be able to work within those new realties. We feel we have made, and will continue to make, those necessary investments to provide great cutting edge service.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Similar to the comment above, the change in the industry has had much to do with the advancement of technology and the ability for virtual receptionists to work within that new technology.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Answer 1?
We are committed everyday to providing great service to our clients and honored to help them grow their businesses.
Has Answer 1 received any awards or recognition for its products or services?
We have been an Arizona Top Companies to Work For Award Winner for 2013-2016 and an ATSI Award of Excellence/Distinction 2004-2015.
How has Answer 1 grown or evolved?
The roots of our company date back to 1982, so we have been working within the broader industry for over 3 decades. However, over the past few years is when the company has accelerated its growth. With the adoption and development of service enhancing technologies and the training of our virtual receptionists to handle such technology advancements, we are providing a differentiated service offering in the marketplace.

Answer 1 Company Information