It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

One of the only answering services to offer a full 30 day free trial, Conversational is a top-rated answering service and virtual receptionist provider in North America.

For the last 14 years, Conversational has provided companies with low-cost, professional call answering services to ensure their clients are taken care of. Serving a variety of businesses, including attorneys, accountants, small businesses, real estate agencies, medical practitioners, insurance groups and more, our team is experienced and dedicated to making our service fit your needs.

There are three service plans to choose from or simply tell us your needs and we will work with you to create a customized plan. Call today for a 30-day risk-free trial!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

140 Conversational Receptionists Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I used Liveanswer.com before and I thought I would get a good feel because they got a lot of technology on their website, but it’s lacking something. On the other hand, Conversational’s website had a smooth and streamlined look that enticed me about wanting to find out more. It looked very professional and I used the virtual assistant. Once the calls come in, they email and I’d checked them. It was very helpful in returning calls to my clients. I love how Conversational performed and helped us out in checking the messages that come in. They did an excellent job.

I loved them to the point where I want to sign up and the rep I spoke with told me that there are some discounts, so it’s something I definitely wanna do. Everything worked out and it was definitely a smooth experience. These guys exceeded any of my expectations and I enjoyed having Conversational Receptionists as an extension of us. I would easily recommend them to anyone.

Hello David,
We are very happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. Ensuring your calls are fielded and routed to your specifications are of upmost importance to us.Thank you kindly for sharing your review.

- The Conversational Team

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

A doctor that I work with found Conversational Receptionists online and he wanted me to check into it. From reading on their website, things looked pretty good and we thought we’d give it a try. It also helped that they have a month trial period. They handle incoming calls for new patients potentially calling in. It was difficult to get up at first though. We did a couple of test calls and a couple of the girls had botched it. They didn’t get the doctor’s name right and they couldn’t even pronounce the Scionti Prostate Center. We weren't past a few things, so I understood that there’d be a little bit of a start-up issue.

One time when I called in and they answered the phone, I said that I was looking for more information and they said, “Nobody is here to help you at this point.” We don’t wanna hear that but we worked through it with one of the managers and that got straightened out. Still, I feel that they didn’t get trained properly upfront. We’ll do a couple other test calls just to make sure that everybody is on board. But, overall, Conversational is pretty good. With any type of call system like what they have, it takes a little while to learn certain things and that’s just part of it.

Hello Ron ,
We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry to hear of the start up issues you encountered with name pronunciation and call handling. We are happy to have had the opportunity to finely tune your information to better meet your needs as this is the key to the best call handling and also the best thing about the free trial period is it offers you to make the changes and revisions to create the best call handling for your business without the worry of a bill. Working with out clients to create the best service is #1 to us.

~The Conversational Team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Conversational has been wonderful and we love them. A friend of mine had recommended trying a receptionist service. We were gonna use Ruby Receptionists but then I saw Conversational and they had a 30-day free. We decided to give the 30-day a try, and we were super impressed with their service. With Conversational, we’re not losing calls like we were before. We were too busy to keep up. In our business, if we don’t answer the call right away, there are a hundred other pest control companies that are ready to take the call. By the time we call the customers back, they were already gone. We hired our own office person but we’re paying Conversational a quarter of the cost of what we’re paying to have someone actually live in an office answering phones. So, there’s a big financial difference.

The Conversational team has been great. I don’t usually ever have to talk to them, which I like. I send them an email and ask them about some things. In one of the holidays, they’re open, we are closed and I wanna inform the customer that we wouldn’t be open. Within the hour, somebody from Conversational always responds back and they’ve already taken care of it. I like the detail when people call in and they make the emails simple. They have the caller name, their email, their specific directory and what they’re looking for.

My customers’ feedback has been great. They love Conversational. When I talk to my customers, they tell me that they feel like that the people they talk to are in our office working and that they represent themselves as if they were one of our employees. I like that there are four or five different receptionists that stay with the calls. It’s not a new person all the time. I feel like they get more accustomed to what the customers may be asking for in our line of work. So, that helps too.

Sean,

Reviews like yours really make our day! We are so thrilled that you chose our service over Ruby and we are even more happy that your happy with that decision! A lot of our clients come to us after a long struggle with missing calls or using an expensive answering service that didn't pan out. We're here to help make businesses more responsive and professional by ensuring a friendly voice is always there to pick up the phone. We're glad your clients see our efforts in representing your company well enough that they think they're talking to a receptionist who works in your office.
Thanks for your feedback and we hope to continue working with you!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Conversational handles the phone calls for us and they also work with our schedules. They have our calendars and they have access if somebody calls and they need to schedule, adjust, or remove an appointment. We got a big window which is 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Any calls afterward go to an automated voicemail. So far, partnering with them has been great. Before we had them, my other partner and I tried to answer the phones and deal with callers, and at the same time, deal with everything else. Now, we know everyone who calls is gonna get a professional person on the phone. Conversational is gonna be able to direct the call appropriately. If they can’t get through to us, they'll put them in our voicemail. They email it to us.

So far, we've had fantastic interactions with the Conversational team. We send them an email if we need them to call out and try to schedule an appointment with somebody. Other than that, we had a bit of a challenge getting our telephone number ported to them, because we had an unusual system before. We used an app called Sideline and we tried to figure out how were we gonna accomplish porting the number from Sideline over to Conversational. They were with us every step of the way. They helped us as much as they could as far as getting that port completed. They were great in helping us during the transition period.

Conversational Receptionists response
Thank you for leaving us such great feedback! We are happy that using our virtual receptionist service has been a pleasant experience thus far for you and your partner. It's always great to hear that our service is proving to be valuable and beneficial to our clients & of course It was our pleasure supporting you during your porting process. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to continuing to serve you!

-The Conversational Team

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

When I couldn't answer the phones, we needed somebody to be able to do my job, which is to learn the product line on my website and be able to answer any questions and do follow-up without me. So, we got Conversational Receptionists' service. At first, I really didn't know how they worked, but we used them for all the calls and follow-ups. Initially, we heard about Conversational in 2016 and we liked them because they are in Canada and our customers in the US really liked it. Conversational could understand our customers and their mindset.

Their reps were really nice, always very professional, and friendly, which I really liked about them. They were able to close sales, too. It was cool that they were able to go to our website, look at our products, and answer questions about the products. They went the extra mile with the customers as well, which was really awesome, so we didn't lose sales. Plus, they did all the sales talking.

As a phone answering company, Conversational was great. The only thing is that when they would send me an email, it took a day. And I stopped using them because they didn't really answer emails. We started the second company and we used Conversational when we first started up. But now, we've decided to let Conversational go and we've hired somebody to start answering calls and do my job.

Conversational's reps were supposed to be part of our company and the customers would get upset if they didn't answer. Conversational's reps also sent me messages, but sometimes, the customers would get frustrated if they didn't understand that it was the app. I live in Thailand, so there is a time difference, and I can't be up in the middle of the night. I would log off at 12 AM my time and transfer over to Conversational, then I'd be asleep. If the customer had a question, I wouldn't get back to them until the next day in the morning. Also, I had one issue when our file wasn't updated and our customer was given incorrect information. When I finally spoke to them on the phone, they were really nice about it and apologized for the miscommunication. Despite all that, partnering with Conversational was great.

Julianna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. Our receptionists go above and beyond to ensure they have all the information needed to handle your calls professionally. Having good communication with clients is always our goal. One thing we pride ourselves on and take seriously is the way our receptionists treat our client's callers. Being professional, warm, and friendly is absolutely necessary to provide the most engaging customer experience on the phone. We wish you all the best in your business! Thanks again for your feedback.

- The Conversational Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conversational?

Original review: June 21, 2019

Conversational Receptionists answers our incoming calls. We had people in-house before. With Conversational Receptionists, we've been able to free up some resources internally. We've also been able to sort of get better customer service. Our callers tell us how great the receptionists are there and how ** our internal ones were. But it would be great if they could bill us in Canadian Dollars. That would be far more beneficial because we're in Canada. Also, if there was a way to properly network our systems together so that we didn't have to worry about caller ID, that would be ideal. Other than those, it's been great.

David,

Thank you so much for your review of Conversational. It is great to hear your callers have noticed an improvement in your reception and we are very happy to hear such great feedback.
We are moving towards adding geographical Billing as well as multilingualism to our services in the next 12 months, stay tuned for our Canadian website.
The caller ID feature we have rolled out over the past few months seems to be functioning great for all clients utilizing it at this time.

We're happy to be working with you, your staff, and your callers.

Looking forward to continued business and success.

~ Conversational Team

Original review: June 11, 2019

We've been with Conversational Receptionists for a couple of months now and we use their virtual assistant service. It has made my business a bunch easier and I don't miss anything.

Hello Christopher,
Thank you for your review! and taking the time to give us some feedback on how you've found the experience working with our team so far.
We are so glad our services have enabled you to free up more of your time and make business easier:)
Feedback like yours lets us knows we are making a difference ! We hope to remain part of your team for a long time!

~Conversational Team

Original review: April 2, 2019

The reviews in a Facebook group of other therapists made me look Conversational up. Conversational has the ability to record the messages and then email them to me so that I can just tap the button. That makes it more convenient. I didn’t have that option with the other answering service. The feature I really use is where they take the messages. Their customer service has been pretty responsive, too. Before, I had a virtual assistant but she was not answering calls live. With Conversational, it enables me to capture more callers who are calling into looking for something more immediate.

Hello Richelle,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and review. We have gained much ground with our Therapeutic demographic and are so happy to hear the wonderful recommendations being provided online.

Quality customer service and customization are what distinguishes us from our competitors. We always strive to exceed our customer's expectations and meet their requirements :)

Sincerest thanks for your valued business!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: March 28, 2019

I looked at some reviews and there were quite a few people who were recommending Conversational Receptionists over other companies. We went with the basic user where they answer and transcribe the message from the caller to us over email. I am satisfied with the level of service and everything we are receiving so far. The reps have been really good too. We definitely see the value to partnering with Conversational, so we’ve continued the subscription for a few months now and we’ll continue to do so.

Ash Paul,

We appreciate the great feedback! It’s wonderful to hear you are receiving such a benefit from the service. We definitely strive to provide professional friendly service you can relay on.

It is great to hear that our service is working well for you. We are so happy to be a part of your team and look forward to a long and prosperous business relationship.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: March 18, 2019

I looked online and compared different firms that offered receptionist services. I chose Conversational and since then, I've been letting them answer my calls. If it's important, then they forward it to me. However, when we started, there were some things with the phone number not working right. Even so, that was all ironed out very quickly. Additionally, sometimes the lag time in between connecting is a little longer than it needs to be. Nevertheless, I don't deal with spam calls anymore and Conversational has freed up a lot of my time.

Steven,

Thanks so much for your review of Conversational. We are happy to hear your positive feedback and we do apologize if your experienced any issues at start up.

We're happy to have the opportunity to work with you and help you get more time in your day.

Looking forward to your continued business and success.

~ Conversational Team

Conversational expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Conversational focuses on creating pleasant reception experiences for callers and businesses. They can handle all aspects of reception for small businesses, including taking calls, scheduling appointments and forwarding calls to the right department. Their new virtual assistant service provides additional features such as travel planning, social media marketing and typing correspondence.

• Native English speakers: Conversational is based in Canada and the United States, and all of their receptionists are native English speakers.

• Toll-free number: One upgrade Conversational offers is a toll-free number that businesses can use on marketing and other materials.

• Growing company: Conversational is a growing company, and their newest addition is a 4,000 square foot office in Charlottetown with capacity for 100 receptionists.

• Variety of industries: Conversational works with a wide variety of industries, including medical, legal, health and business. They prefer to hire receptionists with a background in administration, particularly people who have a history with medical and/or legal terminology.

• Pinterest expertise: Their active Pinterest board offers business insights in a variety of industries, including real estate, finance, spas, fitness and legal, with information on virtual assistance, virtual reception and more general business advice, ideas and tips.

• Best for: Conversational is best for contractors and small business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs