Consumer Reviews and Complaints

29%
  • 3 stars0
  • 2 stars0
  • 1 stars0

Conversational has worked hard to become a leader in the virtual receptionist marketplace. Conversational has teams located in the United States and Canada.

For the last 14 years, Conversational has provided companies with support and virtual receptionist services to ensure their clients are taken care of. We serve a variety of businesses, including attorneys, accountants, small businesses, real estate agencies, medical practitioners, insurance groups and more.

There are three service plans to choose from or simply tell us your needs and we will work with you to create a customized plan. Call today for a 30-day risk-free trial!

Conversational Receptionists

Thank you, Patience, for your positive review of Conversational! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time working with us. We think of ourselves as part of our clients' teams, so when we hear that we've made it a positive experience, it shows us we're on the right track. We appreciate you being so understanding about the issue with customers who are lost and need directions - that's always tough from a remote standpoint, but we do what we can! We will pass your compliments and comments along to the rest of the team.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and we hope to work with you again someday!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I used Conversational Receptionists for scheduling and booking appointments. It was helpful to have a live person for my clients to speak to and to be guided as far as the availability of different services and technicians. The only downside was that they weren't really able to give directions to my clients when they were lost. But this was not their fault because they were so far away. There was no way for them to know the area. Other than that, my communications with the people at Conversational Receptionists were very good. They were very useful during the time I used them and helpful when I needed to reschedule clients in an emergency. It was a very good experience and I would certainly recommend them to anyone who needs a virtual receptionist company. If I'd need their service again, I would go back.

Conversational Receptionists

Thank you for the suggestions and positive feedback on your experiences with Conversational, Felecia! We really appreciate it. Our team takes pleasure in working closely with our customers and we'll pass your comments and suggestions along to them. Thank you for taking the time to review us!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Using Conversational is a really good experience, very easy to use, very friendly staff to work with if we ever have any issues. I was looking for a similar service to the one that I had before that was cheaper and found Conversational online. Aside from being much cheaper, it's very easy to control the monthly call with them than with my previous company. We use the work hour answering service and it's been great. Everyone on our team works remotely and we're not always able to answer the phone so having a live person to answer the phone at all times really helps. They also have a very friendly staff to work with if we ever have any issues.

However, I replaced some of the services we have with that of the other company as they're a little bit easier to manage day-to-day than with Conversational. And if Conversational had an app or a better streamlined way of updating and being able to change our availability throughout the day, like if we're out or on vacation, that would be pretty cool. Because at one point, someone said that we're in the office when we were not and someone was actually trying to meet us, so that caused a confusion. But it's a really good experience so far and I'd recommend them.

Conversational Receptionists

Thanks for your 5-star review Bethany! We're happy you found us on Google and hope to continue doing a great job serving your business!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I looked Conversational Receptionists up on Google. They're my first virtual receptionist. They do all my calls for me and it's always been very good. They've helped my business a lot.

Conversational Receptionists

Hi Tommy, thanks for your review! We're happy that you're satisfied overall with our service. One thing we specialize in is adaptation and customization. Our receptionists want to make sure they provide the experience you specify to your callers, so if you'd like them to ask more specific questions, you can make that request directly to our team. They will be more than happy to follow the updated script to better screen your calls. We really appreciate your thoughtful review!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

We're a small business with offices in New York and San Francisco. We're a production company so we're in the field all the time filming and doing things. It's nice to have people to call us with one number and then the receptionist can try to track us down and leave us both an email and a message. I used to be with Ruby Reception and their prices kept going up. Conversational saved us money by being the less expensive option and then it's been a solid resource.

We use their answering and messaging service. The team has been great as well. All of the receptionists are friendly and courteous. However, the big place where they can improve is to take down more details in their messages for us. We don't get enough details that they get from folks. And sometimes, they don't ask enough questions to filter out people and so those sort of would get through. We make movies and TV commercials. We have tons of people with movie ideas that call, and we wanna filter those out. For the most part, they do a decent job with that. Overall, it's great.

Conversational Receptionists

Hi Behzad, we loved your phrase, "Like a little virtual office" - that's exactly what we aim to provide for our clients! We believe that acting like a small business is part of what makes our clients able to develop a trusting relationship with our company. We are so grateful for your review and it's a pleasure to work with you.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I've had a great experience with Conversational Receptionists. They're awesome, exceptional, user-friendly, and do what I need. They're like a little virtual office. They take my calls, they call and email and do call transfers. Partnering with them has been great for my business and gave a lot of help because I was running out of time getting all the calls. The reps are nice and friendly. I've even talked to the owner and everybody's good, always accessible, and very responsive. Everything is satisfactory and I don't have any complaints, so I'm real happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conversational ?

Conversational Receptionists

Thank you for taking the time to review Conversational Jordan! We are glad you chose us when you had a need for virtual receptionists and we were happy to provide great service to your salon. It sounds like your salon is growing and that is wonderful to hear! Best of luck in the future.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

Conversational Receptionists seemed like they were willing to learn our system and adapt. This plus their cost and the level of comfort with them were the factors that made us go with them. Communication was also good with the company. At first, I was not too happy with the level of understanding with our booking system. So we put it on pause and came back about two months later. I spoke to somebody in charge and express my concern about the first go around and I asked her if she could make sure it didn't go like that the second time. I would say that she did just that and our second go around was great.

We no longer have the account, but we primarily used it to book our appointments. We have a hair salon, so customers would call in. At that time we just had two suites and two employees working at any given time. So the only time they had to answer or return calls was between clients which was a very small gap because we make our money doing the hair, not answering the calls. Conversational would pick up the calls if we weren't available for the first two or three rings and they would book our appointment for us. They seem like they knew their boundaries as far as an answering service, what to and not to say, when to call and when to notify, and they were always very professional on the phone.

It made a great impact to us. We would have had a very different outcome with that scenario with the call volume we have and the limited employees we had to answer the phone, if we didn't have Conversational available. It does seem though that their systems take a little bit to get going when somebody calls, so there's a little bit of stalling when somebody calls in, but that's also expected. I'm sure that we're not their only clients and we're just waiting for our call as well.

Conversational Receptionists

Robert, thanks for your 5 star review of our receptionists! It's our goal to be the master of great first impressions - we know how important those are, especially in your industry. We thank you for recommending us to your colleagues and we will continue to provide the best service possible! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

- Debra Carpenter, Marketing Director, Conversational

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Conversational screens my calls, takes messages and have a voicemail mailbox for me. It freed up a lot of my time because I don't have to screen calls. And I like how everything can be done either online or through email so it's very convenient. I went with them because of their price and some positive reviews. Also, they were all domestic.

Initially when setting it up, it was fairly simple and they were responsive in getting my account set up. Since then, the receptionists have been very good. They're always polite, courteous, very professional and are able to manage many calls I get from clients, attorneys from opposing counsels and do a really good job in taking messages and being the first person that anyone would call, like to speak with on a cold call. It's helpful to have someone that's professional when the client first calls, especially when I want to set up this professional atmosphere with my firm. I recommend them to my colleagues because they've been a good answering service.

Partnering with Conversational has freed up my time a lot as they don't make return calls and that's helpful. I use their live call answering the most. They’re pretty good at resolving issues and I appreciate that. The only thing I don’t like is that there’s a call transfer delay all throughout when I’m having conversations. That makes it difficult.

Conversational Receptionists

We're really pleased that you've been satisfied with our services, Reid! Our main priority is making it easier for our clients to run their businesses. We are happy to be part of your team and hope to continue working together.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I found Conversational Receptionists online. We don't get many calls and I thought Conversational Receptionists had a good deal for the amount of call volume that we receive. Basically, they would answer all our calls and forward them to me and they'd ask me if I want to talk to caller. I would then say yes or no, and then they would take messages for me. So far, it has made operating our business easier. I don't have to answer every phone call now. They are good. Our interactions with their reps have been good too. If we have questions, they usually are good about getting back to us.

Hi Janet!

It's great to hear that our virtual receptionists have been a notable factor in growing your business - congratulations on your recent growth! We take so much pride in a job well done and we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how using our services has worked for you. Happy to hear that your callers have spoken highly of us. We'll continue to represent your business with a smile. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Business increased since partnering with Conversational Receptionists. The phones are answered consistently so clients are booked. They’re always very professional and very polite. It’s great that we’ve even gotten feedback from clients. That’s a different level for us. We’ve even had clients come in and say that when they called, the person was really friendly and really helpful.

Conversational Receptionists

That's exactly what we're here to do, Amir! So pleased that you've been satisfied with our service. We enjoy working with you and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: July 30, 2016

We have Conversational Receptionists for the call answering service during business hours. I'm a small business so it's good when I'm on the road to have a live person answer the phones. It's serving its purpose.

Conversational Receptionists

Sandeep, we really appreciate your 5-star review of Conversational! Performing warm transfers is a service our clients really enjoy and benefit from, and it gives us a wonderful opportunity to connect more personally with our clients by talking to them daily. We are so pleased that our services have benefited your company!

- Debra, Marketing Director at Conversational

Original review: July 20, 2016

It's been a very positive experience working with Conversational Receptionists. They do receptionist service for us and they contact us on a daily basis. Anytime we get a call, they transfer it over to us. We've been with them for over a year now and we've had no complaints. Nothing but exceptional service and positive comments from people who call in. I'd definitely recommend Conversational Receptionists to other people that are considering it.

Conversational Receptionists

Thanks for your review, Brent - we are so happy that our services have been helpful for your business! Being able to have your calls answered no matter where you are is one of the top reasons people choose Conversational. We're proud to serve your business.

- Debra, Marketing Director at Conversational

Original review: July 14, 2016

We're using Conversational Receptionists for multiple lines and after-hours calling. Their customer service has been fine and we can answer our phone anywhere. We haven’t had any problems that we couldn’t handle or get result.

Conversational Receptionists

Hi Anthony, thanks for your review of Conversational! We take great pride in handling every client's phone calls professionally and with poise - even when callers are upset or difficult. Thanks for trusting us with your clients!

- Debra, Marketing Director at Conversational

Original review: July 3, 2016

I would recommend Conversational Receptionists. Their staff is very professional and nice. They're very skilled at handling upset people, which in my profession are a lot.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Conversational focuses on creating pleasant reception experiences for callers and businesses. They can handle all aspects of reception for small businesses, including taking calls, scheduling appointments and forwarding calls to the right department. Their new virtual assistant service provides additional features such as travel planning, social media marketing and typing correspondence.

• Native English speakers: Conversational is based in Canada and the United States, and all of their receptionists are native English speakers.
  • Toll-free number: One upgrade Conversational offers is a toll-free number that businesses can use on marketing and other materials.
  • Growing company: Conversational is a growing company, and their newest addition is a 4,000 square foot office in Charlottetown with capacity for 100 receptionists.
  • Variety of industries: Conversational works with a wide variety of industries, including medical, legal, health and business. They prefer to hire receptionists with a background in administration, particularly people who have a history with medical and/or legal terminology.
  • Pinterest expertise: Their active Pinterest board offers business insights in a variety of industries, including real estate, finance, spas, fitness and legal, with information on virtual assistance, virtual reception and more general business advice, ideas and tips.
  • Best for Conversational is best for contractors and small business owners.

Conversational Receptionists Company Profile