4.6/5 (160 ratings)

About Conversational Receptionists

Conversational Receptionists is a virtual receptionist company. It provides an extensive list of live call services for businesses and individuals. All its virtual receptionists are located in North America, and though its service hours are somewhat limited, it covers the hours of a basic business day in the U.S. and Canada.

Pros

• 30-day trial
  • Low overhead
  • Transparent pricing

Cons

• Little variety between plans
  • Not available outside specific hours

Bottom Line

Conversational is a virtual receptionist company. It provides several receptionist services for businesses without high overhead costs. All receptionists are in North America. Its service hours are somewhat limited.

What is Conversational?

Conversational is a virtual receptionist service. The receptionists provide office support and a friendly personality at a lower overhead cost than in-house receptionists. Conversational’s team is located in North America.

The company serves a number of industries and provides a variety of services. Its services are fully customizable and include options for free local phone numbers and tasks such as:

• Live call answering
  • Basic customer service
  • Call routing
  • Detailed message handling
  • Voicemail message delivery (by email)
  • Customized greeting and hold music
  • Call screening
  • Outbound calling
  • Solicitation and sales calls deterring

Conversational also has advanced offerings. These include:

• Online stores
  • Web forms
  • Extensive FAQ
  • Calendar management
  • Appointment reminders
  • Basic CRM completion

Businesses can use Conversational full time, part time or as needed. Receptionists are available from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. This covers standard business hours for most parts of North America but may be inconvenient for businesses working off-hours or weekends.

How does Conversational work?

You can sign up online and choose the monthly plan that best suits your needs. The company then emails you an online form to better understand what services you want for your business. When your form is completed, Conversational sets up your account to your specifications. You’ll get an email with your assigned telephone number (if you’d rather, you can forward a current business line to Conversational).

Live receptionists help your business with its customer service needs, ideally encouraging company growth. Conversational provides monthly usage reports and lets you change or cancel plans at any time. The company also offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a 30-day money-back promise.

Conversational plans and pricing

Conversational offers three plans. All packages offer:

• Unlimited talk time after a call is transferred
  • Your own local number
  • Warm call transfers
  • Messages delivered via email

Packages differ only in price and the number of call minutes available:

• Entrepreneur ($159/month): 100 minutes
  • Business ($309/month): 200 minutes
  • Corporate ($699/month): 500 minutes

For each package, excess time costs $1.65 per minute. Conversational does promise flexibility if you exceed your minutes, however — you can even retroactively upgrade your plan.

You can boost any of the main packages with these advanced call services:

• Advanced Call Handling ($49/month): This includes online stores, web forms, detailed call handling, extensive FAQ and lead entry.
  • Premier Scheduling ($79/month): This adds everything from Advanced Call Handling, plus calendar management, appointment reminders, advanced web forms, detailed product and service information inquiries and basic CRM completion.

Frequently asked questions

What is Conversational’s cancellation policy?
Subscribers can cancel their service at any time prior to the monthly renewal date by informing Conversational. Depending on the cancellation request, services will either terminate immediately or continue to the end of the prepaid period. Conversational doesn’t provide refunds for early cancellation.
Where is Conversational located?
Conversational is a North America-based company. Teams are located all across the United States and Canada.
How many employees does Conversational have?
The website doesn’t specify how many employees work for Conversational, though the upper management team has seven members.
Which industries does Conversational serve?
Conversational serves a number of industries and clients, including:
  • Medical
  • Technology
  • Franchise
  • Small business
  • Work-at-home professionals
How does Conversational know if I’m available to take calls?
You set your hours with Conversational. If you’re temporarily unavailable, just let Conversational know; you can set up a temporary action.

Do we recommend Conversational Receptionists?

Conversational offers an important service for many business owners. Receptionists do the customer-facing work in so many industries — they can make or break a business. That said, it isn’t always logistically or financially feasible to have an in-house receptionist; this is where Conversational’s team can help. You can get all the benefits of an in-person receptionist at a fraction of the cost.

If your business needs receptionist services, Conversational is a good option to consider. Plus, you get 30 days to decide whether the service suits your needs.

Conversational Receptionists Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conversational Receptionists?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conversational?

Original review: July 3, 2021

I was using Ruby when I first started. They were good but really expensive so I started looking for other services and Conversational came up. I started using them and I've been extremely happy. They were about half the cost of what Ruby. I have Conversational for answering phone calls. It has made a huge difference to have the phone picked up every time, regardless of whether I was available or not. We've seen a lot of those phone calls that normally would have been missed sales opportunities. Now, they are actually purchasing. This has a lot to do with the fact that someone live picks up the phone. Even if I can't answer the customers' questions, they are still getting their information answered to a certain degree.

Conversational is usually very responsive and they get back very quickly. They're working on a dashboard at this point. One of the biggest differences between Ruby and Conversational is there is no way for you to check your information with what we have now. Ruby had an app so you could tell the number of hours or how many minutes you've used. You had a call log. If I wanted to know what my greeting is and what my protocol is as far as when the phone is answered, I would have to call or email Conversational to find out. It's the same if I have to make any changes. With Ruby, on the other hand, you could go onto your dashboard and make changes there. When Conversational last talked to me, they said they're working on that feature. I even got an email this last week saying that it's coming in the next week or two. All in all, Conversational has done very well.

Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such an informative review and for the 5 * rating. It is humbling to know we make such a positive impact on your business. We strive to save you money while keeping top-notch quality services. Our goal is to get your time back and have you never miss a sales opportunity again. It's nice to hear this goal has been achieved. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Again, thank you for your review and your valued business.

Get buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Conversational does a great job. People really can't tell that it's not someone at my office answering. They have a more personal touch. They're just a great answering service for healthcare particularly. It’s not like you're calling your phone company. They know how to talk to our patients. They knew our EHR systems very well. We didn't have to train them on that. So, they can do more than just answer the phone, which is what I like about them.

I've also never had an issue with being billed for anything that we actually haven't used. There’s a documentation of everything. I can see the calls, how long they were. They were very transparent in their work. They also respond to emails right away. They're friendly. You can tell they have a team that they train. We've changed stuff on them so many times and they've been like, “Cool, we'll update the team.” They also book and schedule appointments. Everybody is not gonna be able to do that. They fill in the areas when our front desk person calls out. I can really literally forward the calls to them and know that they're gonna handle it.

Maya,

It is our goal to allow business owners like yourself to have the freedom and confidence with our services. We are thrilled to hear your valued and reassuring feedback that we are accomplishing just that! Scheduling and customizing to our client's needs is a huge part of what sets us apart from many of our competitors. We know each business doesn't come from a cookie-cutter so flexibility is key when working to support fellow entrepreneurs.

Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I like the fact that they can email or text me whenever somebody calls. If I can't take a message, they can get their phone number and text it to me. Those kind of things are very valuable to me. But it was a little bit of a rough start with Conversational because there was a disconnection that was happening. But once they got resolved, it was pretty smooth. They should also call in every six months to ask about ways they can improve or if there are any updates on our phone list.

Conversational Receptionists response

Thank you so very much for your 5* review, Jose! I'm happy to hear your rough start turned into such a great experience that has brought such value to your business. We love working with you and your clients and hope to continue our business relationship for many years to come. We will continue to check in with you; however, if you need anything prior, you know you can count on us.

Again, thank you for your review and your valued business.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Conversational Receptionists doesn't generate business for me but it frees my time up. I don't have to have an extra employee just to answer a phone a few times a day. When I talked to them directly, they've always been very helpful. But they don't always get the instructions correct. When people call in and they ask for certain things, they're supposed to be sent to certain places. It doesn’t 100% work like that, but it's good enough and they're trying. I'm happy with them.

Original review: May 1, 2021

My business involves a lot of recording general prices over the phone then I would need to look up transportation costs. I spent a ton of time doing that. I've often thought if I felt comfortable having a representative to do that on the phone, that’s something I would pay to have done. Something like that would be worth it. Ruby wasn't quite there but I got the sense that they were closer to being able to do something like that than Conversational. They did a better job than Conversational but they were way too expensive for the difference. But I've always been pleased with Conversational. If I've had an issue or needed to get something resolved, they've done a good job on the customer service end. If I had less people that were answering our calls that got to know the business a little better, I would like that. I’d like to give them more information that they could hand out but I've been a little reticent to do so because I see a lot of turnover in it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We had some problems in the beginning, then they reoccurred again, but they're all fixed. We haven't heard any complaints from our customers. We were gonna switch over to somewhere else, but that's unnecessary. Everything seems to be fine.

Conversational Receptionists response

Dear Chris, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations in the beginning. It was an uncommon instance and we're happy to hear that things are now resolved fully.

Please feel free to reach out to support@conversational.com with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Thank you again for sticking with us!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

They have a low setup fee and it was easy to start out with the speed to start. They answer all of our calls for our sales and marketing-related stuff, giving consumers basic information that they're looking for. Working with them has made things a little bit easier, with the lower burden for our cashiers and receptionists.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We have the basic package where Conversational Receptionists transfer the calls to us. We haven’t had a lot of calls yet, but we have one of the good ones that’s been working with us now. The reps are very good and I like them a lot.

Conversational Receptionists response

Gary thanks so much for your feedback and 5* review! We’re really glad you're enjoying our services. Your review means a lot to us and lets us know we’re on the right track.

Again, thank you for your review and your valued business.

Original review: July 15, 2021

We're a small company and we're quite busy. So we were finding that some calls were getting missed. But with the live receptionist always there, our calls are always getting answered. They're extremely professional. We're really happy with the service. They add huge amounts of value to what we do. It's a great service.

Conversational Receptionists response

Thank you for your 5* review, Andi! We are extremely happy to hear we bring value to your business. We value our customers like you and strive for excellence always. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Again, thank you for your review and your valued business.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Conversational Receptionists do a better job than other live answering companies. My calls are answered well, which in turn relates to more client retention. So, it's fine. Everybody is friendly and helpful. Sometimes people think they work here, so that's good.

Conversational Receptionists Company Information