2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (775 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Volkswagen

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Volkswagen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Bought a 2021 VW Atlas. Made in USA. Navigation issues. Accepts address but will not go there. Works on 80 % of address that are entered. Complained to VW, getting nowhere. They say it is a software issue. And is not their problem. They say I should deal with software company. I bought this car from VW not the software company. Customer service sucks. They are purchasing inferior products - to save money and not supporting their customers. Will never buy another VW.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

We bought a 2020 Tiguan six months ago. This car likes to stop itself in the middle of the street for no apparent reason. If you read more reviews online, you will find it’s a common problem. VW reviewed the case for 2 months only to let us know they weren’t going to do anything about it. Terrible customer service and seems to have no concern about driver safety. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I purchased the vehicle almost a year ago. After month with the car, I started to hear door noises on my car - squeaky and cracking sounds. I’ve been going to the dealership for about 10 times and they haven’t fixed the problem. Dealerships are not Helpful. I told him I didn’t, the car has a defect but they keep saying they can fix the problem. I’ve been having this problem for a year now. This is the last time I’m gonna be getting a Volkswagen Product. Not satisfied with his vehicle at all.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I have been an on/off VW owner for almost 15 years. I recently became one again just a few months ago and now I know why I was on/off, rather than always on! After this current experience, I cannot recommend Volkswagen products any longer and no matter what changes they make, I will never return. My recent vehicle was purchased brand new and the quality of workmanship on it is so poor that I would not let my worst enemy get one. Mine came with a defective dashboard straight out of the factory! The dash had a golf ball sized imperfection and a few hollow spots near the passenger airbag.

The front window trims also had gashes in them and were also colored differently. One of my interior lights has a bug and some floating debris inside of the housing. There is a s black paint mark on one side of my trunk door (my vehicle is red). I don't care how much the vehicle retails for, this workmanship is pure junk and 100% unacceptable. This vehicle and all of VW is a total embarrassment to the entire car world. Even FORD is putting out top-notch vehicles in 2020. SHAME ON YOU VOLKSWAGEN.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

We purchased a brand new 2018 Tiguan and have had an horrible experience. The family almost died in a car accident because of the EPC faulty code. It happened 3 times and Volkswagen could not fix the issue. All of a sudden your car loses power and can’t go over 30mph, it shakes horribly and continues to lose power. The last time it happened (3rd time) we were merging onto a highway, the car shook and then lost power, with your foot to the floor the car will not go over 30mph. An 18wheeler truck almost slammed into the back of us, we had to swerve off the highway. Took it back to Volkswagen and they stated it was a faulty read and NOTHING Else was done! We are so shaken and have no trust in the car.

I went directly to head office of Volkswagen and after 6 weeks of discussion they offered me a 10% discount off a new car! Are you kidding me??? 10% when it almost killed my family. I bought a new car so I would have no issue, but instead have had deadly issues. Looking online I see I am not alone. I guess Volkswagen does Nothing to keep their customers safe unless you die and then a class action lawsuit happens. Guess I should head up a class action lawsuit. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. You will regret it. Stay away from a company who knows there are deadly issues yet does nothing about it!

Original review: July 7, 2020

I have a 2018 Tiguan which the gas odometer keeps going haywire and when this happens the radio system will not turn on. I have taken to the dealer twice and they have reset it and now they tell me this is just something I have to live with and it is not unusual. Why even have the feature if it does not work accurately. The more I drive the higher the number of miles it says I have in the tank and is now at 4082 miles.

Original review: July 7, 2020

So Frustrated my car just got repaired last week and now I’m back with the light on again and they are charging me again for the Diagnosis when it should already be fixed and I shouldn’t be here again and nor should I be charged again when it should of been fixed right the 1st time I was here and we're in a middle of a pandemic and you are charging again not right at all!!!!

Original review: June 25, 2020

I bought a VW Tiguan in Dec. 2019, top of the line with bells and whistles. About 14,000 Km after, when I took it for the 15k km service, I asked them to have a look at the brakes as they've started to make some noise. They said the brakes overheat, the metal is blue (sign of overheating) and they they'll need to be replaced. $1,500 invoice. They said the warranty doesn't want to cover it as it is a consumable. I know that the warranty doesn't cover consumables (oil, filters, brake pads etc), but this is the first car I have to change the brakes under 60,000 - 80,000 Km. I love my cars and I look after them, but I see this as a factory defect, not a user error.

I would like to clarify something: I've owned and drove multiple cars along the years. I'm a car guy, I love cars. I bought the Tiguan for my wife, but I drove it 90% of the time due to some circumstances. I had multiple German cars, Japanese and American cars over the years. Just so you know, I'm not looking for any freebies, discounts or anything like that. Just want the manufacturer and representatives to stand behind their claims and contracts.

The dealer can't change them on warranty, they've submitted pictures and technical reports to VW Canada but they've rejected any warranty claims. I've called them directly to talk about the situation, they've opened another "case" and VW Canada said they'll get back to me in 48 hours. Few days later I called them again as I didn't hear anything from them. They said another 48 hours...

This becomes a joke, they throw the blame from one to the other and together to the put it in the owner's lap to pay it. The warranty is a shame, they make the best to get out of replacing faulty parts or repair them stating it's user fault. I start to have doubts about the parts reliability and warranty, at least not in North America. Unless you have a blown engine in less than 1,000 Km, they won't cover anything, and even then, they might say you've done something wrong to it or looked in the mirror the wrong way.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I have had by far the WORST experience with VW. I thought it was only the 1 dealership I went to but I have went to multiple and they are all the same. They will scam you out of every single penny you own. They have terrible customer service, you have to wait hours to get anything fixed. Don’t EVER lease a car with them or you will end up basically paying for the entire car and then having to give it back. They are a scam. They have recalls all the time. I will NEVER EVER EVER buy another VW again.

Original review: May 27, 2020

A disgrace!!!! This company has no loyalty to its customers and is not willing to help!!! As a customer of over 15 years, they collected money from an insurance payout and then refused to take it off my credit report even though the insurance company paid them within a week!!! I was in a terrible accident and am still paying the price!! I will never get a Volkswagen again! Go to another car company - it's only a matter of time before you belly up.

Volkswagen Company Information