1.60/5
Based on 77 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 21, 2018

389 Volkswagen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I turned in my paperwork in April, 2017 for the TDI buyback. I call weekly and get the run around from VW. I get a different story which keeps things interesting, but the frustration level is past the boiling point. Every month it is, "We will have a resolution next month." I feel like they are scamming everyone. They CERTAINLY are not living up to their side of the agreement.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had to trade in my Volkswagen Passat Diesel... They gave me a replacement Passat SE... I loved my Diesel but this Passat is just as good, not per mile but good.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Altogether infuriating experience. Because I live more than an hour's drive away, I made a morning appointment to take my Passat in and find out why it was leaking coolant. I expected to be able to take it home that afternoon at the very latest. I showed up a few minutes before my 11:00am "appointment," and was immediately told my car could not even be looked at until 2:30pm. And that they would call me when they had news. Seriously? Why do they set appointments at all if it is meaningless? Fortunately, my husband was also in town with his car, so he picked me up and we ran a few errands. By around 4:30, I still had not heard a word from VW, so I called the service department. THEN I was told that they still had not figured it out.... probably it still had not even been looked at. So we went back up the road to home, an hour and 20 minutes north.

Late the next afternoon they finally called to tell me that my car needed a new heater core that would cost almost $1,700. That, in addition to the nearly $150 they charge just to diagnose the problem. I told them I'd pick it up the following day, which I did. Another trip into Springfield, more miles on my husband's car and 2 1/2 hours out of an already busy day, just to go get it. So I wrote them out an invoice of my own, charging for the extra cost on my end as a result of them not honoring my appointment time. I'm sure they laughed at that... and of course they did not discount my diagnostic bill to compensate, not one penny. In the meantime, I was in touch with a local trusted mechanic that I should have gone to in the first place, who said he could install a new heater core for about $750, less than half what the VW quote was. I won't be giving Napleton VW of Springfield any more of my business, and advise anyone else to steer clear as well.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

So I grew up fascinated with Volkswagens. I was obsessed with Herbie the love bug, and knew I always wanted a Beetle. I had a 1972 Standard Bug, I currently have a 1972 Volkswagen Bus and I have a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.0T. As most people in the Volkswagen Scene, I've decided to modify my car. I took it to a dealer who specializes in a "tune" which has excellent ratings. Meanwhile Volkswagen knows that the Timing Chain Tensioner on the 2012-2013 betters were an issue. They denied my warranty coverage saying that the tune did this (which is a lie and failed to prove this with testing). I feel like this is another scam like the diesel issue.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I am fairly new to the VW family, but have been a loyal member up until now. I have a 2014 Passat SE TSi with only 57K miles on it. It is in pristine condition (my son has a 2008 Jetta SE as his first car). I am extremely unhappy about a "design flaw" that has occurred; something that VW knows exists and has existed for some time. The fuel door stopped opening (and there is no manual override or cable in the trunk to open it). The actuator had gotten out of sync with the car's locking system.

Running on fumes, I took that car to Kotter's VW in Escondido, CA. Kotter's is a certified VW specialist that has been in the same location for more than 35 years. They are first rate and highly respected. After looking at my car and doing so research, including speaking to VW, the master mechanic informed me of the design flaw to which there is no real fix (just temporary ones). So that I could get gas and use the fuel door without fear of it happening again, he disabled the lock to the door. Now I can open and close manually, but cannot lock it.

This is not the ideal solution and is not how the car was designed, but I do not want to get stranded. The fuel door is part of the fuel system as a vital component of the car. It should not fail at 57K miles and should be covered until at least 60K. Unfortunately, this is very common, and if you look online, many others have battled it.

He was able to re-sync the fuel door lock with the car's door locks, but after testing it, the fuel door locked up again after about 10 times. I contacted VW and was told they could likely assist with the repair but that I would need to pay a dealer to diagnose first. This is not acceptable. I paid a reputable mechanic $100 to diagnose and provide temporary resolution. I am not going to pay a dealer again to learn the same thing. I want it fixed right. My point to the customer service person was that it does not matter what the diagnosis says; the fuel system needs to be accessible! Regardless of what it is, whether it is the actuator itself or something in the car's locking system, it needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

I would like an appointment set up at Kearny Mesa VW in San Diego, John ** is the service manager. Please assist me in getting this fixed so I can again be a confident VW owner. If it is the actuator, the part is about $35-50, and the labor is likely an hour (open up truck liner and swap out). I have never had something like this happen with our Honda or Toyota vehicles, and never in a car so new. I would rather have to get a different brand than get stuck without the ability to refuel. Thank you very much for your timely assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My car was in an accident and my insurance company wrote it off as a total loss. During the process, at least with my insurance, they usually do a three way phone call involving the insurance agent, a representative from the financing company, and myself. The insurance company called four days in a row and waited on hold for over an hour each time. They suggested that, in addition to their attempts, that I could try and call VW credit also. I waited on hold for 45 minutes before talking to someone.

The person I was connected to at VW credit was extremely rude right off the bat. After I explained why I was calling she immediately accused my insurance company of failing to make the calls and that's why this wasn't resolved. My insurance company is a massive, nationwide company. My claim is hardly a big deal to them. I asked her if she could call the insurance so we could get this resolved immediately and she informed me that they could not place outbound calls. Thirty seconds later she made the call to them. She then informed me, with a very snotty voice, that their hold times were similar to their own and it would be a minute.

About three minutes later she returned to my call informing me that she had spoken with the insurance agent and had everything resolved for the most part. This person was extremely rude and I am completely outraged that a company allows their employees to speak to customers this way. I am nothing but respectful on the phone and I was trying to get the car paid off!! I am going to a VW dealer tomorrow and if they are unable to find me financing with anyone but VW credit it looks like I won't be driving another VW anytime soon.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My VW Tiguan has been having some issues related to carbon build up, all cylinders misfired when cold and rough idle. Talking to one of the reps, told me that this issue was covered under my warranty and was a lie. Took the car this morning and now they want to charge me $900+ for an issue many people have complained about and no recalls have been made yet. I have found VW reputation to be a total **, don’t care about their customer at all, but money is all they want. I want to thank VW to open my eyes and look elsewhere and spend my money on products that back up their customers.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I consider the official VW parts website to be a reliable source of information. After all you can enter your exact VIN to look up the parts for your specific car. The entire purpose of a VIN # is make sure you get the exact part for your vehicle. However the website it not entirely accurate. I looked up a part for my vehicle (specifically) rear rotor and it gave me the size I needed. It didn't give me an option for more than one size, so that had to be the correct one. The problem was that the part size was completely incorrect. I only noticed the error after I went to install the part of course. I called customer care to state my issue twice and they just said that the information on their website are correct and that is the size I need. So I called my local dealer and they confirmed that the website was inaccurate. I called customer care back week later and this time they acknowledge that after speaking with the dealerships that the website was in fact incorrect.

I had to order the part from an independent supplier because the website was giving me false information. They said that since I did not order from them they can not be liable for the information. I tried getting some type of compensation because I just wasted $120 on incorrect parts based on the info they gave me. They said that the website has a data contract on every page that states that the information on their website can be incorrect and subject to change. Keep in mind this is a 2011 vehicle so the information is no longer changing. Basically never use the parts VW website as a source or order parts from the website because the information can be incorrect and they will do nothing about it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I went in because my car stopped in the middle of the road 5 times on a Friday. Volkswagen provided me a car for the weekend and then told me on that Monday which was October 9th that there was a recall on the fuel pump and module and that is why my car is stopping in the middle of the road. I called Tom Bush Volkswagen in Jacksonville on that Friday when my car stopped because I was in the middle of traffic and almost got hit. I was in tears and that is why the guy got me a car to drive for the weekend. They want me to pay $850.00 for parts that is not my fault. I don't have money for that and just recovering from Hurricane Irma. I do not have it. I am not mad at Tom Bush they tried everything to get my car fixed for the recall. I am more than frustrated with the Volkswagen company because I was told I have to pay for the parts and they know it’s a recall and then they will reimburse me.

I feel in danger to drive my car and have not driven my car since then because it stops more than three times in traffic. I feel like Volkswagen should fix my car because they know it’s a recall. This is not my fault so why am I catching rides to and from work because I can't drive my car. This rating really deserves a zero. Volkswagen does not care about my safety or my family's safety when I have to try and drive a car that stops because of their faulty equipment. Something needs to be done and fast. It's now a month and I have no car to drive.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Again I am writing to you, this time to share my frustration with the Volkswagen product purchased and the response received when my situation was reported. Back in August 2017, I wrote you outlining my situation; being more specific, while going to work at approximately 7:40 am in “stop and go” traffic my car shut off placing it in a no start condition, had to towed it to my mechanic and I was told I had to replace the fuel pump and the fuel pump module. A representative from your office contacted me from the number ** during the third week of September, informing that my request could not be honored because the warranty on my car expired. Approximately three weeks later I receive a recall notice from Volkswagen informing there is a faulty fuel pump control module in my car.

I am of the opinion that Volkswagen was aware of the existence of the defect and that I was place in a situation where there was an increase likelihood of the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to property. This is by far a bad representation of the Volkswagen product and I feel hurt I was placed in this situation; this is bad customer service! This is a clear case of trickery and or dishonest act for financial gain. As a senior citizen, I am very deliberate about where and when I spend my money. I intensely researched this product to great extent before purchasing it but to my surprise I was taken advantage off and I am outraged because I was deceived by your company’s practices.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Have a 2012 Volkswagen CC that needs 7200.00 worth of engine work on a part that broke before it was even due to be inspected based on Volkswagen’s service maintenance guide. Called Volkswagen to see if they would cover the repair, or at least give me some kind of assistance. They basically said my warranty was up, I’m on my own. Which really surprised me. My reasoning for asking Volkswagen to make an attempt to correct this problem, was that their service maintenance guide said, “90,000 miles, timing chain and tensler should be inspected, and possibly replaced." Well my timing chain, and tensler did not make it to the 90,000 mile inspection. Which in turn destroyed my cylinder head when it broke. Leaving me with a 7,200.00 repair bill. BUYER BEWARE!!! VOLKSWAGEN CARES NOTHING ABOUT BEING FAIR, HONEST, OR TAKING CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. If you're looking for a car, spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My husband and I have had a 2015 Volkswagen Passat that we leased in Sept of 2015 from AutoFair Volkswagen of Nashua. When we did this we were not given a choice of color, make, model etc., nor did they work within our budget of what we could afford for a car payment. They told us not to worry about mileage as we are now over our mileage that we were allotted for the 4 year lease. We have tried several times to trade it in for something smaller and they won’t work with us, they have called us multiple times wanting to buy the car back and we go up there and they tell us there is nothing that they can do for us.

I have made several attempts to reach out to the sales manager and she will not return my phone call. She finally returned my call to tell me she had no recollection of the CEO of Volkswagen calling and speaking with her that she had no notes, but yet he called me to tell me he spoke with her and she would be calling me to see what they could do to rectify the situation. I again have put in another call to the CEO awaiting his return phone call to discuss this matter. If this doesn’t get resolved I will have no choice but to hire an attorney and deal with this Legally as we are not happy with the car and it has some mechanical issues that need to be fixed.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Purchased our 2013 Tiguan new. Babied it... Changed oil early and often, always garaged. Tires replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport because original Michelins gone @ 14k. Rear window exploded in parking lot untouched (I was behind it when it happened). Tires shot AGAIN @ 40k... Would have been $1200 more but had warranty, so ONLY $600!!! Took it in for TX inspection @ 48k... Upper control arms/bushings shot... Replaced for $1300.00. Don’t buy VW... They’re not only crooks, they are also thieves!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

On the 19th October 2017 my Polo Gti which is still under warranty broke down at approximately 6 pm. This vehicle is currently doing 41000km and is still under warranty. My biggest concern or disappointment is that this car gave no warning and just breaks on a busy street with my family in the car. What if this car had broken down in the middle of nowhere or worst in a dangerous area putting mines and my family's life at risk?

I then had to wait two hours for roadside assist to tow the vehicle away. I was told the next day by VW Umhlanga that they busy and my car will be only looked at on Monday. After phoning whoever I could I managed to get hold of service manager of VW Umhlanga who said that he will try have a look at the vehicle that afternoon.

Saturday morning I got a call saying they did a software upgrade and the car is fine. 1. Why did roadside assist send a tow truck from Mount Edgecombe to tow the breakdown in Tongaat, is that the nearest breakdown services, because I know it's not, I personally know a towing company in the area that is VW accredited. 2. Secondly why was the vehicle towed to Umhlanga who was clearly not willing to have a look at the car till Monday. Had I not made a fight about it, and to my knowledge VW Ballito is much closer.

I am now worried as this vehicle has a warranty that ends at 45000km or next year 2018. There was no warning of it breaking and no explanations as to why it did. What if it has similar problems as soon as this warranty expires and the headache and costs of this vehicle now becomes mines. I spent 32000 rand on this vehicle and breaking down in the middle of a busy street was the last thing I expected.

I am hoping VW comes up with a solution as to maybe extending this vehicle's warranty and guarantee this problem never arises at all. If I do not get a reasonable solution from VW I will make sure I complain on every platform be it the ombudsmen or Hellopeter. I just think that breaking down in a vehicle that costs over 300000R without no warning and just be told by the agents it's a software problem and we don't know why it has happened is unacceptable. I am hoping to get feedback from you soon.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I purchased my 2009 Volkswagen cc at 72000 miles on November 2014. The same day I drove home I had a CEL turn on and off, I took it back, and the dealer changed 1 coil wire that was about to go bad. Thanks. Soon after (month later), my fuel pump and fuel pump module went out. I called and they said, "No warranty." I went and purchased, 650 dollars with installation at brother in law's shop. Cheaper than dealer by $500. Then at 112000 miles my transmission went out. No warranty of course. That was 5k to replace and install. This was in March 2016. In April my fuel injector was misfiring. Replaced all injectors. Then in March 2017 my throttle body went out. No help all this time from VW group of America. Worthless to be honest. Now in October 2017 my fan went unbalanced. No more VW for me EVER!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We purchased a brand new 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan. It looks like this vehicle is only built to last till 60,000 miles. Check engine light is common thing meaning a frequent visit to the auto shop. Even we always use premium gas so engine still builds the carbon which was a very costly fix. We aren't the only ones we have had issues with VW, our friends and people we know who own previously VW had the same experiences. Even my sister who owned a Audi Q5 she had the same issues once she hit the 60,000 miles mark. My advice think twice before you make the purchase for an Audi or VW vehicles. For our personal experiences we will never ever buy Audi/VW.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

VW CC was purchased three years ago as a "Dealer Certified" car with 42,000 miles. Performed the 45,000 mile and 60,000 mile major services at the dealer costing over $3,500 for "regular maintenance". One day after performing the 70,000 mile service with the dealer the check engine light comes on and the engine starts running roughly and stalling. VW Dealer tells me the intake manifold is a free warranty repair but demands payment of $400 to clean carbon build-up in the pistons/injectors. DO NOT BUY VW. YOU WILL REGRET THE EXPERIENCE OF OWNING IT.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Volkswagen Credit OVERCHARGED me, its employees LIED to me and now won't remove a wrongly-made derogatory mark on my credit report despite earlier promises that it would. I have a lease through Volkswagen Credit, which was until recently on automatic payment. A few months ago I noticed Volkswagen charged nearly $150 more than my typical payment. Volkswagen never communicated it would charge this additional amount, so this was a complete surprise.

I contacted VW credit and did not hear back for several days. So, I disputed the portion that was above and beyond my usual payment with my bank. I again contacted VW in writing and did not hear back. My bank confirmed with me that they tried multiple times to contact VW credit to work things out, which is typical for a dispute case, but were unable to get a hold of anyone and eventually the dispute was authorized by default.

The next month I receive a bill stating I was past due in the amount of the typical payment plus the mystery charge. VW credit had still not contacted me about this transaction despite repeated followup. Finally I get someone on the phone who explained what the extra charge was for (a tax on leased vehicles specific to my city, which gets passed on to the consumer once per year; she couldn't tell me why I hadn't received this extra charge in the 2 previous years of leasing the vehicle).

I tell her I will go ahead and pay the past due lease amount, since I did not dispute the charge to begin with, and I will read the law regarding taxation on leased vehicles (This is not typical in my state but unbeknownst to me at the time a handful of cities tax leased cars). During this conversation the representative assured me that since I paid the "past due" amount it would not show up on my credit report, and I have until the lease ends to pay the additional charge for the tax.

After researching the surprise tax charge, I pay it within 30 days of the conversation and several months before the lease is set to end. A couple of months pass and I find out that despite paying the past due amount and the additional surprise charge, there is a derogatory mark on my credit report. I send a message to VW credit explaining the situation and letting them know that I was told very specifically that my credit would not be damaged by what happened. They reply, in so many words, that they do not plan to revoke the derogatory mark and they don't care what their employee said. First the diesel scandal and now a confirmation that Volkswagen doesn't care about their customers or doing what they say they'll do. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

2017 Alltrack. Had we known how dreadful our selling dealer and VWoA customer care related to a new vehicle purchase would be, we would have immediately turned around and never looked back. Upon delivery of our "new" Volkswagen, we found several issues that we addressed and were told that "there's nothing we can do". VWoA is basically useless when customers have legitimate complaints, so much for VWoA 's concerns about the customer purchase experience.

Without going in to detail, let's just say our experience left a very unpleasant taste in our mouths. There was no delivery inspection record or documentation, the literature and accessories were unpackaged scattered around the cargo area, one of the remote keys was defective, the fluid levels were below minimum requirements, the Navigation SD Card was found under the front seat, but the dealers 4" metal logo was prominently affixed to the rear hatch with some type of super glue. This is our last Volkswagen purchase. We feel that all we are to the dealer is a number in their quota. Pathetic!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Bought my VW CC in 2011. Everything was fine up until 2016. Started having issues with it. Just got it back 3 weeks ago. Had to have the timing chain fixed. That bill was $3200. Had to take it back 2x's after that to have the intake runner fixed along with the rear main seal because of oil leaking. Those two jobs cost me an additional $1000. Fast forward to today. Started having issues with the car not going into gear. Went back to the shop. There's a problem with the driveshaft. Cost to fix... $3200-$5000. This is so unfair. Now I am either forced to fix it or purchase another car. Either way I'm spending more money I truly dont have.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

2012 Volkswagen EOS - I purchased this car used in Daytona Beach near the end of April 2017. Around September 9, the automatic transmission started slipping and clunking into gear. I brought it into the Volkswagen dealership. They looked at the transmission and told me that the transmission fluid had metal shavings. Of course they didn't know why. And because it has 64,000 miles (warranty is 60,000) I would have to pay for a new transmission. For parts and labor, $7,100! I bought it for $12,000 and it only books for $11,000. I called Volkswagen headquarters and one question they asked was, “Is this your first Volkswagen?” Anyway they got back to me and said "nothing we can do for you". Only 4,000 over warranty and nothing they can do? I'm still fighting with them. This was my first and LAST Volkswagen.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Bought a 2013 2.5 SE as a left over in 2014. Since then I have had the window master switch replaced, the front passenger window switch, the Bluetooth module, shifter and ignition replaced all due to failures and malfunctions. The one item was the AC where during summer temps the vent temperature fluctuated from 40 to 70 degrees, the AC would shut off humid air blow out for 10 minutes and then it would kick back on. I have brought my vehicle in many times for this issue at every 10k factory service and many times in between. The incompetent techs look for malfunction codes, check the charge level and run the car in the SHOP and say, "Oh it's cold..."

At the 40k mark outside of the B2B warranty they "found" the issue and told me a simple exact and recharge would fix it. Now if the charge level was fine at every AC service why would it be found now? That wasn't the case, the issue still remains. I got VWOA involved. They said nothing can be done other than having them look at it again (likely same results) where I may be liable for loaner expenses. I am never buying a VW for myself or recommending a VW to anyone again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My name is Joe ** and I purchased a 2017 Passat model S. I am already having issues that VW USA has refused to address. My iPhone automatically syncs and auto plays my music from my iPhone causing my battery to drain. On my particular vehicle's model (S), I am being told there is no option to chose for the music from my iPhone to stop auto playing. The only Option built in to the software of my radio is to completely shut off the BT Audio tab. By doing so, I am unable to use the hands free Bluetooth function of my incoming and out going calls.

I am also unable to use the Bluetooth audio feature to play navigation through my car speakers. I have been in close contact with Apple Engineering and have confirmed this is not an issue with my iPhone. I do not this issue my with BMW or my Honda CRV because there is a tab programmed in to the radio's software to prevent my music from auto playing. The even more aggravating thing is that this auto play (stop) button is built in to the radio software on the VW Passat SE model (the more expensive model). Is this a ploy by VW to get me to spend an extra $5,000?

I feel that VW is placing the lives of myself and my family to be at risk of death or serious injury by forcing me to actually place my hands on my phone while driving. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I have Googled dozens of VW forums with other VW owners with the same exact problem! Is VW deliberately placing their customer's lives at risk just because we have chosen a base model? I find this to be disgusting and a total lack of customer service. Can you help escalate a resolution for this serious life safety problem? If not a simple software patch then how about replacing my radio? I am very concerned with the safety of my family and I.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

2014 TIGUAN: OMG this car turned into a nightmare - went whacky on a mountain pass - gas pedal and steering went glitchy, then "ESC light" went in apparently indicating ABO was bizarrely shutting down, then ABO failed. Dealing with VW a bigger nightmare. I will never get a VW again!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Created a claim for buyback a year ago, after submitting all paperworks claim was denied. Denied because the car was bought from "junk yard". Car was registered and legal on streets of California, other salvaged cars got buy back but not ours... I submitted an appeal and... nothing, since March I have not heard anything. Claims processing can't tell me anything, appeal department doesn't answer. It looks like they are just dragging time so they don't have to pay.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have a 2009 EOS - never again. While I like the car, especially the convertible top and driving experience, it has been multiple mechanical failures, some covered under recalls, others out of my pocket. I have had the injectors and ABS module replaced under recalls, and paid $2200 for a rear main seal (part $25 - the rest labor) caused by the engine oil pump malfunctioning and blowing the seal. When I got the car back after the ABS recall, it went into limp mode (stuck in second gear) and I returned to the dealership. Code on transmission says it has faulted 36 times - no dates - but this was the first indication it had a problem - no check engine light ever.

Volkswagen says "Sorry - out of warranty" with no recognition of 36 previous faults, nor that problem appeared after testing for the recall on ABS module. Coincidence? They claim no. Right. Dealer tells me replacement is $5k-$6k, which is KBB value on sale to private party. Done with VW - working my way out of the two I have now. Know this: If the company hasn't been forced to do a recall on a problem, they will expect owner to pay. Doesn't seem like much has changed ever since US buyers have been lied to about the diesel fiasco.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

After having issues with our dashboard lights going crazy, we began reading other complaints online. We learned that the issues we were having came directly from a faulty ABS module, and then came across a VW recall on our car for the ABS module. After talking to VW's Recall Department, they told us it did indeed fall under the specific recall, and we could take it into any dealer for a fix. Our car went in on a Tuesday morning, and after 3 days of poor customer service and no answers, the mechanic let us know the ABS Module would not be covered, and we would have to pay out of pocket. He said he had even called VW directly to verify they wouldn't pay for it. We were then quoted $1300 for the repair, plus a $225 diagnostic test. He suggested I call them directly.

I called the VW Recall Department again, and told them what happened. I let them know my biggest concern was the fact that they told us our car was part of this recall, and they were now unwilling to fix the issue. I also let them know the ABS brakes have always caused me issues, nearing killing me when I lost control while braking once. They said they would write it up, and look into it and get back to me in one business day. I am waiting to hear back, but there has been a lot of reason to think they will just use some excuse to not replace something so dangerous and faulty. We'll see.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Until now I have always had good luck with the VW corrosion warranty. I recently submitted a claim that they have refused to cover. They are telling me that the damage is due to a factory installed molding and not covered by warranty. It is corroding from under the paint, causing it to bubble. They say that it should be covered under the 4 year paint warranty and not the 12 year corrosion warranty since there is no visible corrosion. I requested information, and they replied "We would have to rely on the diagnosis determined by our dealerships."

The dealership said they send the pictures in and do not make the decision. They will give me very little information about the denial and to the best of my knowledge the determination is being made by someone who has only seen cellphone pictures. It seems that VW has added plastic trim pieces in areas prone to rusting as an excuse to void their own warranty. I love the car, but it is very disappointing they will not stand behind their warranty. It is still one of the best warranties out there, but a warranty is only good if they are willing to stand behind it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Wow, second low mile Volkswagen to have thousands of dollars in repairs. 2009 Volkswagen CC luxe with 60,000 miles needed a rear main seal replacement for $1500. 2009 Tiguan 44,000 miles needs a new steering rack and water pump for $3000. Car just lost power while my son was driving it, dangerous! Called Volkswagen for help with repairs, out of warranty no help provided!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

VW Court Settlement Diesel Jetta - I have submitted my paperwork through the claims portal starting in January 2016. Each time, they say I am missing something. I submit the missing work and then there's something else wrong. They have had to "reset" my account twice saying for various reasons and each time I have to resubmit which starts the paperwork problem again. Something is wrong either with their collection of paperwork or they are stalling.

Volkswagen Company Information