Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.26/5

Volkswagen

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

434 Volkswagen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 3, 2018

I purchased my 2014 Volkswagen CC in September of 2014. I was so excited to join the VW family. I leased this vehicle to get my feet wet and determine if I would be a lifelong VW customer. Well, in 2016 while driving down one of Houston's busiest freeways my car stalled and I was just barely able to pull to the side of the road. I had to have my vehicle towed to the dealership where they kept it for 4 days. They replaced multiple parts, it seemed fine. The very next morning I got up and the car wouldn't start. I had to have it sent back to VW in which they discovered an issue with the fuel pump module. After replacing this part, I drove it back home and the next day it wouldn't start again, maybe the third time is a charm.

I had it towed back to VW and they replaced the battery. Less than a year later with my son in the car, the vehicle died again. Luckily I wasn't struck by another vehicle. I had it towed to the nearest VW service center in which they told me it was the fuel module again, but it was out of warranty and I would have to go through VW cares to see about getting it replaced or I would be responsible for an 1,800 repair bill. Well, after going back and forth with them they agreed to replace the part. Can you imagine how unsettling and scary it is to drive a vehicle that has such a huge safety issue and recall with no permanent fix. Well, this weekend I was driving down the freeway and the vehicle stopped again, I was blessed enough to pull to safety. My 10 year old son was in the back seat praying we wouldn't get hit.

I had the vehicle towed to VW Saturday night at 8pm, so I was without a vehicle for the entire Easter weekend and couldn't get my son to his obligations. Monday morning I received a call from service advises, my brake fluid was green, the control arm bushings were cracked/dry rot and I needed an alignment totaling 1,000+ in expenses. The service rep stated this was just the beginning, but there was also several transmission codes and the diagnostic would be 135 to see exactly what's wrong with the vehicle. I told her to go ahead that was at 9am, it's now 6:30 pm and I have yet to hear anything. I called around 3:00 pm to be told the clutch was out and they were trying to get me a quote for a transmission and to expect my service rep to call before end of day.

Well, I am truly disappointed in the service, maintenance and overall Volkswagen CC. I will list all parts I've had replaced on the vehicle and estimated repair costs since I've had the vehicle. Ribbed belt. Tensioner. Valve. Separator. Mounting. Bearing. Turbo valve and crankcase breather leaking oil. Washer. Fuel unit. Control un. Battery. Battery disposal fee. I have not added the additional services that I've had in the past 6 months.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I agree with Libby from Birmingham MI. I have a 2014 Executive CC with 25,000 miles that I purchased new in 2015. I just had Takata airbag done today and am waiting like Libby on the fuel pump which can cause serious consequences if malfunctions and stalls out. I was told today Volkswagen service dept. still does not have the necessary parts to correct and fix this problem. I also have no maintenance or warranty on this car that at time of purchase I was told it had a 3 year maintenance program as well as warranty. I found out today when I took it in for my 3rd year maintenance that it had expired and that it was only 2 years on the maintenance. I never got notification of this until today.

My husband purchased a pre-owned 2013 Passat and got 3 years on maintenance yet my car cost 10,000 more and was purchased new. I will never, ever buy another Volkswagen again. Probably should never have listened to the car dealer at time of purchase without verifying myself. I was sold a resist all protection and passkey yet never offered extended warranty option. I will go to another manufacturer with better warranty and maintenance programs next time.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I am very disappointed with Volkswagen Of America. My CC has a recall on the fuel pump since last August. I don’t feel safe driving the car and with children. Volkswagen does not have the fix yet and they don’t know when they will have the part. They would NOT let me out of my lease. They said they could send me a check for two free months of payment. Which I turned around in less than a week to pay for a unexpected repair of the on the car. I left a message for the manager of Vyletel Volkswagen of Sterling Heights MI to see what other options I have. Of course I did not receive a callback. Volkswagen of America will not provide any other options except for me to pay off our lease. It’s very disappointing after we have been customers with Volkswagen since 2005 and we never had a issue with our prior cars. I have filed a complaint with Federal Safety. Next step to file with State Attorney General!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I worked with Ryan ** online and through text to get a deal set up due to the distance to the dealership. I was very clear that I was looking for a clean vehicle, and explained in detail about experiences at other dealerships that I did not want to happen again. Although really wouldn't budge on their internet price, we came to an agreement. I stressed my requirements of the car being clean, paint being in top condition. I was very clear that needed to know about any and all flaws before I made the drive, because it is a long drive and I would have a baby with me, and hoped to have paperwork and everything prepared as much as possible before I arrived. I was assured it was flawless, that everything would be ready.

Upon arrival, the vehicle was not up to the expectation set by my conversations with the salesman. The rear bumper was not attached properly, visibly loose and not aligned. The paint was swirled badly and had many scuffs and scratches, all of which could be easily repaired with a simple buff and polish. Two of the tires had moderate sidewall damage. The driver's door handle was missing a plastic cover; the metal lock cylinder was exposed. The interior was barely clean; the tan leather seats were mildly dirty and wiped in the main visible areas only, any deeper investigation revealed dirt and grime. The driver’s seat had a poorly done tear repair that did not match the color, looking like a light coffee stain in about a 6" square area.

I requested that these things be taken care of before purchase. They were only willing to attach the bumper properly and order the cover for the door handle. Moe ** was the sales manager throughout the process. He was somewhat passive aggressive and combative, as well as slightly condescending. There was a distinct feeling that my requests were ridiculous and that I was just trying to drive the price down. I was told multiple times that they could not go any lower or spend any money fixing the vehicle, even though I never once requested a price adjustment, simply asked that the expectation set during my communications with the salesman be upheld.

In the end I purchased the vehicle because I like it, not because it was a good deal; I will still have to invest to have the paint mechanically corrected, the leather seat repaired and interior cleaned, and purchase two tires. The process took 4 hours, plus 3 hours of drive time. The dealership is very nice, Coffee, water and bagels are available. The parking area was not large enough for the volume of customers there. I was given my choice of nice VW keychains upon completing the paperwork.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I bought Tiguan model 2012 from the dealer in Abu Dhabi. I am the only driver, and exactly after the 3 years warranty expired, I started experiencing major problem with the car. For example: leaking coolant pump, boot cracked, noisy bush cracked, stuck defect, and more. I have just replaced the roof cetane (damaged with no obvious reason) and cost me almost 1000$. And last year there was oil leakage which required costly replacement. I would like to know why this is happening to a new car. Never happened to me before with other make. Please do respond to my concern.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

On September 16; 2017; I purchased a Golf GTI from Jim Wynn Volkswagen. The car was only 17 miles when I drove out of the dealership. I have a work vehicle that I use on a daily basis so this car is for my personal use. On February 17, 2018, I was at a red light on Philadelphia US 1 with clutch in and in first gear, I tried to move when the light turned green but the car won't drive. The clutch was depressed. I turned the ignition off, put the gear in neutral, the hand brake up, and put on my four-way pointer. I was able to pull up the clutch with my feet. With the clutch in, I started the car and tried to shift to first gear but couldn't shift gear. I had the car towed initially to my parent's house and on February 19, I eventually towed to Jim Wynn dealership.

At this point, my car only has 318 Miles on it. It is practically a new vehicle and my expectation is that my warranty will cover any related issues. On 2/20/18, I was informed by the Jim Wynn dealership that they need my authorization before they can look at the car and I will be responsible for $2,600. I was in shocked because this is obviously a manufacturable defect. The service manager, Michael ** said to take it up with Volkswagen Customer Care. I called Volkswagen Customer Care to report the issue and I was told that an agent will contact me.

On 02/21/2018 @ 1301, I received a call from Volkswagen Customer Care. I stated my position on the issue. I told them I shouldn't have to pay for a warranty issue on a new car with only about 300 miles on it. The agent was very disrespectful and he told me that I'm welcome to take my car somewhere else if I don't like Volkswagen position on my warranty issue. I asked for another agent perhaps his supervisor and have stated that he is the only one that would be able to help me. I asked that he send me an email regarding Volkswagen position on my warranty issue, he stated that hell get to it whenever he can. As a customer, I am frustrated, speechless, and appalled by the customer service I received from both Jim Wynn Volkswagen and Volkswagen Customer Service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

The axel on our 2018 7 passenger Volkswagen Atlas broke 19 days after driving it off of the lot. Took the car back to the dealer and they deemed the Atlas unsafe to drive. This is extremely alarming considering had we been on the road with our 3 small children, this situation could have been very bad. The service department at Stone Mountain Volkswagen was very understanding and set an expectation of 2-3 weeks to repair. They put us in a loaner vehicle a Volkswagen CC. Which was all they had at the time. We could barely fit into the car and the car had no trunk space. The whole reason for wanting the Atlas was for the space and we thought it was a safe vehicle for our family. We dealt with the length of time it would take to fix because we actually thought our car was getting repaired.

At exactly 3 weeks after taking the vehicle back my husband and I called to find out what was going on as we heard nothing in regards to the Atlas being repaired. We were told at that time that the dealership was still looking to get the part. At that time they said that it would be another 3-4 weeks. Which at this point we were pretty frustrated and disappointed. We are paying for a vehicle that we cannot even drive, and the dealer has had it longer than we have. We also found out, at the 30 day mark, from the dealership that the company that makes the part had no ETA on when the part would be ready. At this point we were upset. Felt like Volkswagen did not care about a client who is paying for a SUV while driving a car that can barely fit your family. Also upset because during this time nobody proactively reached out to inform us of the situation.

We also called Volkswagen Customer Care several times in regards to this and got the same answer, "I'm sorry" but no resolution until one rep named Ryan (thanks Ryan) decided to escalate it to a Region Manager. The manager made calls to my husband while he was at work, when he was able to call back the manager did not answer. He left voicemails for her to call back. She never did. She then called to notify us that the case would be transferred to Retention Resolution Team. We haven't heard from them yet. We also called Volkswagen Group of America Corporate Department and we were transferred to the TDI Escalation Department, in which we had to leave another message.

After the 30 days passed we overnighted the Vehicle Repurchase or Replacement Request to an address that we received from another Volkswagen Customer Care representative to have the car replaced, which is within our right under Georgia Lemon Laws. Yesterday the Dealership called and said the part would be ready next week. They called back today and said the vehicle was fixed and that we should come get it. This is very suspicious as we do not want a rush job because we do not want to be right back in this situation and if it was this easy of a fix then why was it not done in a reasonable timeframe. It is also suspicious that now something is being done because it seems like they do not want to give us a complete new car, which to my understanding is required by law. This has been a very unpleasant experience, and we never had this problem with our Volkswagen Jetta.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

When I purchased my VW GTI it rode very rough. I asked if the PDI had been performed when I was completing the purchase paperwork and I was told that it had. After a week of a very rough ride in the front I checked to see if the shipping pucks had been removed from the front struts. They had not (3 pucks in each strut) leading me to believe that no PDI had been performed. I emailed the dealer manager to notify them of this and see if I could have my struts checked for damage and got no reply.

Now today I brought my GTI in to have the first service completed. After waiting 2 hours from my appt. time/drop off I asked if my car was ready. I was informed that there was a mistake with my paperwork and they hadn't started! 45 minutes later I was informed my service was completed. I lifted the hood in front of the service desk to inspect the service but before I could pull the dipstick I noticed there was oil on my right fender, on the engine cover and my front license plate was bent out from the bumper at a 90 degree angle (not how it had arrived 3 hrs. Earlier). They bent back the plate and told me I was good to go. I was beyond furious so I headed home. After I got home I checked the oil to find it overfilled by 1qt. Horrible service. Completely unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I leased 2 vehicles from Volkswagen and then was forced to buy one as the first two sales agents let me get $9000 “upside down” in equity without telling me. The last car on the lot was a demo and the only one they said I could have. It has had electronic problems since day 1. Windshield wipers turn on by themselves. Bluetooth and radio audio are sporadic at best. It’s a lemon that was left on the lot as a demo and they saw a way to dump it on a Customer who had been screwed on their lease agreement.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I bought a 2018 VW Atlas SE Tech, terrible vehicle. DO NOT buy this vehicle! The safety system does not work. The start and stop system makes you accelerate rapidly when it's on and you start moving your car (so, you may hit a car in front of you if it's too close). The ICRS system does not work. The car will not brake for you. I have tested it many times COUNTLESS times and the system does not engage. Short of hitting another car or a pedestrian I cannot get closer to the "real incident" to prove it works. Lastly, if you are in an area that uses prime (water mixed with salt) do not buy this car. It will cause an accident. The car has driven me onto incoming traffic headed the other way, I had to drive off the road to avoid a collision. I took it to the dealership and they said it works, but did not prove it. I had to take their word. I tried crashing the car again to see if it works. IT DOESN'T!! So, do not spend your money in that vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My car had so many electrical problems from the very 1st day I got it. The dealer refused to take it back unless I take a $15000 hit! After repair try #11 VW Care wouldn't return my calls. I had to actually contact the head office. After they had my car for 2 months (which in fact was repair attempt #12) they returned the car to me with the very same problems. I returned the car to the dealer and started a claim with the court system.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased Polo Vivo 2015 brand new and it went in for repairs 5 times after the last time we rolled the vehicle that almost cost my families lifes. Volkswagen done a assessment on the vehicle and sent me a report. If you look at the report they contradict themselves with all the proof that I have all the repairs that was done. I need people to stand with me so that the story can come out to public.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I had a really bad experience with my Tiguan bought few months ago from a first-hand. My car is 5 years old and only 50000 km. The car was working fine until it completely stopped in the middle of a busy street. Had to tow it via my insurance and I decided to bring it in the VW garage where the car has always been serviced (having all the previous bills). I informed the garage that my car was getting towed and if they could organize a replacement car. The answer was NO straight away. When I looked at all the car bills a replacement car had always been organized but not for me. I then asked them when will they be able to take care of the car and tell me what is the problem. The reply was, “We are extremely busy. We will have a look probably next week.” After checking their online appointment availability it was clearly showing full availability all over the week but they finally started to look at my car one week later!

The diagnostic price being $220 which is just absurd when you know that I will have it fix there. Finally the fuel pump was faulty and had to be replaced for $1500 which I succeed to reduce to $1400. I contacted my previous VW dealership overseas that confirm the fact that this part shouldn’t be faulty at 50000 km and VW should cover the cost. I then decided to open a case with VW Australia. I finally took back my car after 10 days and paid the full price thinking that VW will contact me and listen to me. After explaining to the dealership that I opened a case with VW he became extremely upset and unhappy about my decision. I told him that I didn’t blame him but the car and asked him, “If you were me, would you expect this?“ The answer was, “Then if it was me I would just pay and move on!” I clearly understand then that this dealership doesn’t understand the meaning of customer service or empathy.

Then I received the answer from my case which was “From time to time Volkswagen Australia will support our dealers in relation to servicing and repairs. This support is not discussed outside of our dealer network. Should the repairs to your vehicle be deemed as a manufacturing failure, the dealership will liaise with us directly on your behalf. Our support is not initiated at customer's request. Please speak with the dealership regarding the diagnosis of your vehicle. They will contact us directly if needed. We will now close your inquiry.” At the beginning I was only upset by having this kind of issue with a low km car but after the experience at this dealership the full experience is a disaster. I am convinced that there is a big lack of consideration from VW Australia and especially from this dealership.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Although the car is almost nine years old it runs like a gem and continues to handle well. The body has no rust and still shines well when cleaned.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

In March 2016 I experienced my first issue with not being able to open my trunk, took it into a VW Dealership for service and found the root cause to be the trunk wire harness, lucky I had an extended warranty, my out of pocket expense was $300. Now, it's January 2018 the same problem just happened again right after I spent $1300 for maintenance.

My comment and concern is that I would not expect to have an ongoing issue with my trunk and backup lights not working because a trunk wire harness keeps breaking. In particularly because I don't use my trunk on a daily basis. Wondering if this is a design flaw? I love my 2011 VW CC, it performs well and so far hasn't given me any major problems (have had it for 3 years). Of course, I have to make an appointment and get it fixed. I wish there was something that could be done with the trunk harness to prevent it from breaking. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it if you would share it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I turned in my paperwork in April, 2017 for the TDI buyback. I call weekly and get the run around from VW. I get a different story which keeps things interesting, but the frustration level is past the boiling point. Every month it is, "We will have a resolution next month." I feel like they are scamming everyone. They CERTAINLY are not living up to their side of the agreement.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had to trade in my Volkswagen Passat Diesel... They gave me a replacement Passat SE... I loved my Diesel but this Passat is just as good, not per mile but good.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Altogether infuriating experience. Because I live more than an hour's drive away, I made a morning appointment to take my Passat in and find out why it was leaking coolant. I expected to be able to take it home that afternoon at the very latest. I showed up a few minutes before my 11:00am "appointment," and was immediately told my car could not even be looked at until 2:30pm. And that they would call me when they had news. Seriously? Why do they set appointments at all if it is meaningless? Fortunately, my husband was also in town with his car, so he picked me up and we ran a few errands. By around 4:30, I still had not heard a word from VW, so I called the service department. THEN I was told that they still had not figured it out.... probably it still had not even been looked at. So we went back up the road to home, an hour and 20 minutes north.

Late the next afternoon they finally called to tell me that my car needed a new heater core that would cost almost $1,700. That, in addition to the nearly $150 they charge just to diagnose the problem. I told them I'd pick it up the following day, which I did. Another trip into Springfield, more miles on my husband's car and 2 1/2 hours out of an already busy day, just to go get it. So I wrote them out an invoice of my own, charging for the extra cost on my end as a result of them not honoring my appointment time. I'm sure they laughed at that... and of course they did not discount my diagnostic bill to compensate, not one penny. In the meantime, I was in touch with a local trusted mechanic that I should have gone to in the first place, who said he could install a new heater core for about $750, less than half what the VW quote was. I won't be giving Napleton VW of Springfield any more of my business, and advise anyone else to steer clear as well.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

So I grew up fascinated with Volkswagens. I was obsessed with Herbie the love bug, and knew I always wanted a Beetle. I had a 1972 Standard Bug, I currently have a 1972 Volkswagen Bus and I have a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.0T. As most people in the Volkswagen Scene, I've decided to modify my car. I took it to a dealer who specializes in a "tune" which has excellent ratings. Meanwhile Volkswagen knows that the Timing Chain Tensioner on the 2012-2013 betters were an issue. They denied my warranty coverage saying that the tune did this (which is a lie and failed to prove this with testing). I feel like this is another scam like the diesel issue.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I am fairly new to the VW family, but have been a loyal member up until now. I have a 2014 Passat SE TSi with only 57K miles on it. It is in pristine condition (my son has a 2008 Jetta SE as his first car). I am extremely unhappy about a "design flaw" that has occurred; something that VW knows exists and has existed for some time. The fuel door stopped opening (and there is no manual override or cable in the trunk to open it). The actuator had gotten out of sync with the car's locking system.

Running on fumes, I took that car to Kotter's VW in Escondido, CA. Kotter's is a certified VW specialist that has been in the same location for more than 35 years. They are first rate and highly respected. After looking at my car and doing so research, including speaking to VW, the master mechanic informed me of the design flaw to which there is no real fix (just temporary ones). So that I could get gas and use the fuel door without fear of it happening again, he disabled the lock to the door. Now I can open and close manually, but cannot lock it.

This is not the ideal solution and is not how the car was designed, but I do not want to get stranded. The fuel door is part of the fuel system as a vital component of the car. It should not fail at 57K miles and should be covered until at least 60K. Unfortunately, this is very common, and if you look online, many others have battled it.

He was able to re-sync the fuel door lock with the car's door locks, but after testing it, the fuel door locked up again after about 10 times. I contacted VW and was told they could likely assist with the repair but that I would need to pay a dealer to diagnose first. This is not acceptable. I paid a reputable mechanic $100 to diagnose and provide temporary resolution. I am not going to pay a dealer again to learn the same thing. I want it fixed right. My point to the customer service person was that it does not matter what the diagnosis says; the fuel system needs to be accessible! Regardless of what it is, whether it is the actuator itself or something in the car's locking system, it needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

I would like an appointment set up at Kearny Mesa VW in San Diego, John ** is the service manager. Please assist me in getting this fixed so I can again be a confident VW owner. If it is the actuator, the part is about $35-50, and the labor is likely an hour (open up truck liner and swap out). I have never had something like this happen with our Honda or Toyota vehicles, and never in a car so new. I would rather have to get a different brand than get stuck without the ability to refuel. Thank you very much for your timely assistance.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My car was in an accident and my insurance company wrote it off as a total loss. During the process, at least with my insurance, they usually do a three way phone call involving the insurance agent, a representative from the financing company, and myself. The insurance company called four days in a row and waited on hold for over an hour each time. They suggested that, in addition to their attempts, that I could try and call VW credit also. I waited on hold for 45 minutes before talking to someone.

The person I was connected to at VW credit was extremely rude right off the bat. After I explained why I was calling she immediately accused my insurance company of failing to make the calls and that's why this wasn't resolved. My insurance company is a massive, nationwide company. My claim is hardly a big deal to them. I asked her if she could call the insurance so we could get this resolved immediately and she informed me that they could not place outbound calls. Thirty seconds later she made the call to them. She then informed me, with a very snotty voice, that their hold times were similar to their own and it would be a minute.

About three minutes later she returned to my call informing me that she had spoken with the insurance agent and had everything resolved for the most part. This person was extremely rude and I am completely outraged that a company allows their employees to speak to customers this way. I am nothing but respectful on the phone and I was trying to get the car paid off!! I am going to a VW dealer tomorrow and if they are unable to find me financing with anyone but VW credit it looks like I won't be driving another VW anytime soon.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My VW Tiguan has been having some issues related to carbon build up, all cylinders misfired when cold and rough idle. Talking to one of the reps, told me that this issue was covered under my warranty and was a lie. Took the car this morning and now they want to charge me $900+ for an issue many people have complained about and no recalls have been made yet. I have found VW reputation to be a total **, don’t care about their customer at all, but money is all they want. I want to thank VW to open my eyes and look elsewhere and spend my money on products that back up their customers.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I consider the official VW parts website to be a reliable source of information. After all you can enter your exact VIN to look up the parts for your specific car. The entire purpose of a VIN # is make sure you get the exact part for your vehicle. However the website it not entirely accurate. I looked up a part for my vehicle (specifically) rear rotor and it gave me the size I needed. It didn't give me an option for more than one size, so that had to be the correct one. The problem was that the part size was completely incorrect. I only noticed the error after I went to install the part of course. I called customer care to state my issue twice and they just said that the information on their website are correct and that is the size I need. So I called my local dealer and they confirmed that the website was inaccurate. I called customer care back week later and this time they acknowledge that after speaking with the dealerships that the website was in fact incorrect.

I had to order the part from an independent supplier because the website was giving me false information. They said that since I did not order from them they can not be liable for the information. I tried getting some type of compensation because I just wasted $120 on incorrect parts based on the info they gave me. They said that the website has a data contract on every page that states that the information on their website can be incorrect and subject to change. Keep in mind this is a 2011 vehicle so the information is no longer changing. Basically never use the parts VW website as a source or order parts from the website because the information can be incorrect and they will do nothing about it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I went in because my car stopped in the middle of the road 5 times on a Friday. Volkswagen provided me a car for the weekend and then told me on that Monday which was October 9th that there was a recall on the fuel pump and module and that is why my car is stopping in the middle of the road. I called Tom Bush Volkswagen in Jacksonville on that Friday when my car stopped because I was in the middle of traffic and almost got hit. I was in tears and that is why the guy got me a car to drive for the weekend. They want me to pay $850.00 for parts that is not my fault. I don't have money for that and just recovering from Hurricane Irma. I do not have it. I am not mad at Tom Bush they tried everything to get my car fixed for the recall. I am more than frustrated with the Volkswagen company because I was told I have to pay for the parts and they know it’s a recall and then they will reimburse me.

I feel in danger to drive my car and have not driven my car since then because it stops more than three times in traffic. I feel like Volkswagen should fix my car because they know it’s a recall. This is not my fault so why am I catching rides to and from work because I can't drive my car. This rating really deserves a zero. Volkswagen does not care about my safety or my family's safety when I have to try and drive a car that stops because of their faulty equipment. Something needs to be done and fast. It's now a month and I have no car to drive.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Again I am writing to you, this time to share my frustration with the Volkswagen product purchased and the response received when my situation was reported. Back in August 2017, I wrote you outlining my situation; being more specific, while going to work at approximately 7:40 am in “stop and go” traffic my car shut off placing it in a no start condition, had to towed it to my mechanic and I was told I had to replace the fuel pump and the fuel pump module. A representative from your office contacted me from the number ** during the third week of September, informing that my request could not be honored because the warranty on my car expired. Approximately three weeks later I receive a recall notice from Volkswagen informing there is a faulty fuel pump control module in my car.

I am of the opinion that Volkswagen was aware of the existence of the defect and that I was place in a situation where there was an increase likelihood of the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to property. This is by far a bad representation of the Volkswagen product and I feel hurt I was placed in this situation; this is bad customer service! This is a clear case of trickery and or dishonest act for financial gain. As a senior citizen, I am very deliberate about where and when I spend my money. I intensely researched this product to great extent before purchasing it but to my surprise I was taken advantage off and I am outraged because I was deceived by your company’s practices.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Have a 2012 Volkswagen CC that needs 7200.00 worth of engine work on a part that broke before it was even due to be inspected based on Volkswagen’s service maintenance guide. Called Volkswagen to see if they would cover the repair, or at least give me some kind of assistance. They basically said my warranty was up, I’m on my own. Which really surprised me. My reasoning for asking Volkswagen to make an attempt to correct this problem, was that their service maintenance guide said, “90,000 miles, timing chain and tensler should be inspected, and possibly replaced." Well my timing chain, and tensler did not make it to the 90,000 mile inspection. Which in turn destroyed my cylinder head when it broke. Leaving me with a 7,200.00 repair bill. BUYER BEWARE!!! VOLKSWAGEN CARES NOTHING ABOUT BEING FAIR, HONEST, OR TAKING CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. If you're looking for a car, spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My husband and I have had a 2015 Volkswagen Passat that we leased in Sept of 2015 from AutoFair Volkswagen of Nashua. When we did this we were not given a choice of color, make, model etc., nor did they work within our budget of what we could afford for a car payment. They told us not to worry about mileage as we are now over our mileage that we were allotted for the 4 year lease. We have tried several times to trade it in for something smaller and they won’t work with us, they have called us multiple times wanting to buy the car back and we go up there and they tell us there is nothing that they can do for us.

I have made several attempts to reach out to the sales manager and she will not return my phone call. She finally returned my call to tell me she had no recollection of the CEO of Volkswagen calling and speaking with her that she had no notes, but yet he called me to tell me he spoke with her and she would be calling me to see what they could do to rectify the situation. I again have put in another call to the CEO awaiting his return phone call to discuss this matter. If this doesn’t get resolved I will have no choice but to hire an attorney and deal with this Legally as we are not happy with the car and it has some mechanical issues that need to be fixed.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Purchased our 2013 Tiguan new. Babied it... Changed oil early and often, always garaged. Tires replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport because original Michelins gone @ 14k. Rear window exploded in parking lot untouched (I was behind it when it happened). Tires shot AGAIN @ 40k... Would have been $1200 more but had warranty, so ONLY $600!!! Took it in for TX inspection @ 48k... Upper control arms/bushings shot... Replaced for $1300.00. Don’t buy VW... They’re not only crooks, they are also thieves!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

On the 19th October 2017 my Polo Gti which is still under warranty broke down at approximately 6 pm. This vehicle is currently doing 41000km and is still under warranty. My biggest concern or disappointment is that this car gave no warning and just breaks on a busy street with my family in the car. What if this car had broken down in the middle of nowhere or worst in a dangerous area putting mines and my family's life at risk?

I then had to wait two hours for roadside assist to tow the vehicle away. I was told the next day by VW Umhlanga that they busy and my car will be only looked at on Monday. After phoning whoever I could I managed to get hold of service manager of VW Umhlanga who said that he will try have a look at the vehicle that afternoon.

Saturday morning I got a call saying they did a software upgrade and the car is fine. 1. Why did roadside assist send a tow truck from Mount Edgecombe to tow the breakdown in Tongaat, is that the nearest breakdown services, because I know it's not, I personally know a towing company in the area that is VW accredited. 2. Secondly why was the vehicle towed to Umhlanga who was clearly not willing to have a look at the car till Monday. Had I not made a fight about it, and to my knowledge VW Ballito is much closer.

I am now worried as this vehicle has a warranty that ends at 45000km or next year 2018. There was no warning of it breaking and no explanations as to why it did. What if it has similar problems as soon as this warranty expires and the headache and costs of this vehicle now becomes mines. I spent 32000 rand on this vehicle and breaking down in the middle of a busy street was the last thing I expected.

I am hoping VW comes up with a solution as to maybe extending this vehicle's warranty and guarantee this problem never arises at all. If I do not get a reasonable solution from VW I will make sure I complain on every platform be it the ombudsmen or Hellopeter. I just think that breaking down in a vehicle that costs over 300000R without no warning and just be told by the agents it's a software problem and we don't know why it has happened is unacceptable. I am hoping to get feedback from you soon.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I purchased my 2009 Volkswagen cc at 72000 miles on November 2014. The same day I drove home I had a CEL turn on and off, I took it back, and the dealer changed 1 coil wire that was about to go bad. Thanks. Soon after (month later), my fuel pump and fuel pump module went out. I called and they said, "No warranty." I went and purchased, 650 dollars with installation at brother in law's shop. Cheaper than dealer by $500. Then at 112000 miles my transmission went out. No warranty of course. That was 5k to replace and install. This was in March 2016. In April my fuel injector was misfiring. Replaced all injectors. Then in March 2017 my throttle body went out. No help all this time from VW group of America. Worthless to be honest. Now in October 2017 my fan went unbalanced. No more VW for me EVER!!!

Volkswagen Company Information