Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.88/5
Based on 161 reviews that contain star ratings

Toyota Tundra

The Toyota Tundra is a full-size pickup truck. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

388 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Recently purchased Tundra and have 2 times back to service for steering wheel of center and alignment. Problem started right after 100 hundred miles. And still not right after two times service. I have now 2000 miles and now is piling to the right.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Mid-July of this year I purchased a 2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 from Towne Toyota of Ledgewood, NJ. I made it 12 miles from the dealership when the 4 hi and 4 lo lights came on and started blinking. After bringing the truck in for warranty work, the 4x4 actuator in transfer case was replaced, drive about 5 miles from the dealership and the lights came back on. The service department is dumbfounded and wants me to leave my truck with them for multiple days, unfortunately I can’t do this unless they provide me with the same vehicle because I use the vehicle as a work truck and have it loaded with tools (welders, chip saws, pipe threaders, etc).

I spoke with Toyota corporate and the last I was told is that they are going to attempt to provide me with a truck but can’t guarantee it. This is unacceptable, I spent 47k on a new truck and any other dealership would have offered to replace the vehicle or not inconvenience me and affect my livelihood. I will not purchase or recommend another Toyota product.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

This is our second Toyota Tundra that we own. We needed a heavy duty truck for our job needs. This truck is primarily used in my husband's work. It's very comfortable and I occasionally drive it. Also, we get a lot of compliments on the new cement color. The seating is very comfortable and the tow capacity is definitely perfect for hauling. The tires could be a little bit more beefy but they don't seem like they will wear as well as others we have had in the past. Would purchase again.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The performance of the 2016 Toyota Tundra 1794 is excellent, interior and options are exceptional, it drives and handles very well and cab space is enormous; the only small downside is the size is a little too small, but it just fits in my two car garage.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I purchased a brand new Toyota Tundra in 2015 for over 50k. The salesman tried so hard and pushed me to get an extended warranty and finally, he did. I was told that the warranty is bumper to bumper for 5 years or 75000 mile whichever comes first. I paid over $4000 for that I was happy that I am not going to spend a penny in the next 5 years. The salesman didn't tell me that this warranty is basically for the only oil change and tire rotation. Yes; you read it right. Only oil change every 10,000 miles and tire rotation. I am in the transportation business and I know everything about the cars, trucks and buses. I also know about the warranty as I am working with 3 major bus manufacturer companies. after three years and at 65,000 miles on the truck, I felt that the transmission is kicking and I asked Toyota service in Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, Ca to check if there is a problem with the transmission.

They asked me for $200 for the diagnostic charge. Usually; they supposed to inspect the truck every 5000 miles under the warranty and the Transmission is still under the warranty but they told me that I need to pay $200 and if they find any problem with the transmission, then they will waive it. After talking to the shop manager, the salesman who sold me the warranty, his supervisor and finally the big Boss, they waved that charge and they called me after 4 hours that the car is ready and they didn't find any problem with Transmission. I am %100 sure that there is a problem with this transmission but because of they don't want to spend money to fix the vehicle under the warranty, they tell you there is no problem with the vehicle, but when the warranty is gone, they give you a huge list of the problems and a huge bill!!!

I am writing this review to just let the people know that, the Toyota warranty is just waste of the money and there is not really warranty on your vehicle. I spend over 3 hours and I got a lot of headaches to let them know that you can't charge me because of the warranty that I paid three years ago. I love Toyota but unfortunately, I will not buy any more Toyota because of the trouble customer service and a bad experience I had with them. Again; I love Toyota but don't waste your money for extended warranty!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Tundra?

Original review: May 4, 2018

I've wanted a Tundra since the new body style came out in '07. I absolutely love my new truck and am looking forward to years of driving it. I'm sure it will last me into the 200k mile area at least and it will still be beautiful when it gets there.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I have a 2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax. The interior has plenty of room for tall people in the front and back seating. Fuel economy is on the higher side for a truck this size. Dependable is without question. Towing is with ease and there is plenty of space for storage for paperwork in this model.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle from Toyota auto mall of Ga, I traded in a 2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax XR5 for the truck with issues. The new truck after driving off the lot had a pulsation when the brake pedal was pushed and I contacted the dealer with my concern, it felt as if my concern was blown off with and they simply stated the tires have some wear which caused that issue. The tires were scheduled to be replaced as per my purchase agreement which was taken care of with 4 new tires instead of 2 since the tires on the truck where discontinued. When I dropped off the truck I explained to the service writer that the pulsation was only noticed when the brake pedal was pushed and that was not a tire issue. I also explained that the vehicle inter-dependent inspection report which was left in the truck with the Tech requesting the rotors to be machined or replaced and that the tires should be replaced.

The service writer blew this off as just basic suggestions and the gm signed off that these were NOT to be done. Nevertheless the rotors were machined and no pulsating was noticed within normal city driving. On the highway though after a few heat cycles the pulsating was back. I brought the truck in for an oil leak I now noticed on the passenger side cam tower and also told the service writer about the pulsating brakes again. I then called Toyota Customer relations to open a case and found out the truck is not showing to be a certified pre-owned, I contacted the dealer and the used vehicle manager stated it was paid to be certified. I requested to speak to the manager of the dealer and when I did he told me that they have already given me new tires what else do I want? At this point I did not know what to say, I voiced my concern and also told him there is a concern about rust on the undercarriage of truck.

At this point I was text a copy of the receipt from the dealer paying for the certification and also noticed I was charged for an extended warranty I did not want or need since I purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle. I was not addressed about the extra charge and the Manager stated he will reverse this, which was NEVER done. By this time Toyota Customer relations case manager called me back and stated that the Tech states there is no concern about rust seen and the vehicle certification just has not updated in the system. The case manager then stated he is standing by the dealer's tech evaluation since he is a certified technician. I am completely disgusted by this experience, this is my third Tundra I have owned and now I don't want to purchase Tundra. I work in the corporate office of another OEM as a technical specialist and there is no way I would allow a customer to be treated in this manner.

If my company made a vehicle of this size I would not hesitate to buy it but I have always been fond of Toyota Tundras until this experience. The rotors on all four wheels have significant rust and deterioration in the vents of the rotors, the passenger side cam tower that was re-sealed is leaking oil again and the brakes pulsate. The charge for the extended warranty was never reversed and I have called about this and never received a callback. I am at a loss; never will I do business from AutoNation Toyota Mall of Georgia again. Toyota themselves is not questionable based on how I was treated with from customer relations case manager. I unfortunately know the amount of erroneous calls to CR from customers looking for handouts but I am not looking for a handout, I want this Truck to be repaired to the specs it should have been when I pulled off the lot May 1st 2017.

This truck spent approx. 3 wks. in the shop a week after I purchased it, it a great feeling to make payments on something you are not even driving. It's an even worse feeling to be blown off by the dealer you purchased the vehicle from and the automaker themselves. Part of my purchase agreement was to replace the 2 front tires due to visually obvious wear, tread was very close to the wear bars. Dealer was not able to order tires since the current tires were discontinued from manufacturer. Dealer did replace all four but from the previous inspection prior to my sale the tires showed wear and should have been addressed before certifying vehicle.

These all seem minimal but this is very concerning how this has all transpired. I provided photos of the cooling vents on the rotors, retail sales contract, internal inspection report from initial dealer inspection, certified pre-owned contract and repair invoice from cam tower oil leak. I currently have approx. 69000 miles on truck with original purchase mileage at 49852. I have a long commute to work and a medically sensitive toddler who is commuted back and forth from clinic visits. He had a Liver transplant at 8 months old 6-25-2016.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I’m a 3 time US Marine war veteran, I would do anything in this world to have and die in a Toyota Tundra, why you ask? This is why, during my 2nd war 1996 war in Iraq I was shot at numerous times by enemy hitting me once on my leg, as I seen a Toyota Tundra on the road and trying to get away from the Taliban, this nice man grabbed me and put me in his Toyota Tundra and took me to my base, as we were trying to get out of town we were engaged on from enemy rounds as it hit the truck many times around the engine and back of the truck which never stopped or broke down, as I was shooting back from the back of the truck, the truck was so tough that the bullets from enemy fire couldn’t even penetrate through the truck.

I was saved many times because of the Toyota Tundra and after hearing many Fellow Iraqi army friends, Toyota Tundra is a truck they could trust after never noticing no other trucks in Iraq such as the ford or Chevy or Dodge and even the GMC truck which never seen or used anywhere there, and this is why!!! They are very dependable and never break down in the middle of the desert anywhere and they can take many rounds of Enemy artillery that hit the truck and the truck kept on going, even the engine was shot at many many times... I owe Toyota my life for saving mine in order for me to now have my beautiful children who Kaylee is 7 yrs old and my son Kiko is 8 yrs old.

I now have 2 Purple Hearts for saving 3 families and my captain from enemy fire and I would love to donate my Purple Hearts to Toyota Tundra. This will prove to the world that Toyota Tundra and Tacoma’s are the best of the best with NO doubts in the world, if you could drive pass any use car dealership in this country, you will NEVER ever see a used Toyota Tundra anywhere guaranteed!! Because many people DON'T ever want to trade them in, you will see many other trucks in a dealership parking lot but never a Toyota Tundra and that’s your proof right there.

I’m 50 yrs old now and my dream truck which I know I will never own cause they are too expensive for my wallet is a brown with orange leather interior fully loaded 4 door Toyota Tundra limited truck... I cry every time I see one on the street and my kids tell me, "It’s ok dad. God will give you that truck one day," and I cry every time my kids tell me that. People Toyota Tundra is the best dependable outlasting truck in the world today. I would even do a commercial for Toyota Tundra as a war vet just so the world Would know how a war veteran would die and wanted to be Buried in my Toyota Tundra when I die. Since this truck saved my life.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I would just like to state my dissatisfaction with how Toyota responded to an issue I had on my 2011 Tundra. The bed of my truck was rusting out in the common places where Toyota issued a TSB on many years of the Tundra. My truck was 1.5 years out of their considered warranty and they offered 30% of a $7000 repair to fix the problem. The repair had to meet their requirement or they wouldn't offer the 30%. I then asked if they would contribute any money towards the purchase of a new truck and their offering was actually less than what they offered to fix my current truck. If this is how Toyota wants to treat their customers I will be driving another brand of truck.

In my opinion Toyota missed the mark on this situation knowing they had an issue with their trucks rusting out just after the 5 year mark. Then they stand firm on the fact that it is out of the offered warranty. If there wasn't a known issue for the bed rust then things would be different. Toyota should have fixed these issues at 100% of the repair cost if they do in fact think they build a quality truck. Poor design and sub-par materials make for a less than superior product. Since talking with my Toyota dealership and customer care I decided to move on to another brand of truck and will not be looking back. This was my first Toyota truck and will most likely be my last simply because the company would not stand behind their product.

Toyota Tundra Company Information