Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.86/5
Based on 165 reviews that contain star ratings

Toyota Tundra

The Toyota Tundra is a full-size pickup truck. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

392 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 29, 2018

I have a 2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax. The interior has plenty of room for tall people in the front and back seating. Fuel economy is on the higher side for a truck this size. Dependable is without question. Towing is with ease and there is plenty of space for storage for paperwork in this model.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle from Toyota auto mall of Ga, I traded in a 2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax XR5 for the truck with issues. The new truck after driving off the lot had a pulsation when the brake pedal was pushed and I contacted the dealer with my concern, it felt as if my concern was blown off with and they simply stated the tires have some wear which caused that issue. The tires were scheduled to be replaced as per my purchase agreement which was taken care of with 4 new tires instead of 2 since the tires on the truck where discontinued. When I dropped off the truck I explained to the service writer that the pulsation was only noticed when the brake pedal was pushed and that was not a tire issue. I also explained that the vehicle inter-dependent inspection report which was left in the truck with the Tech requesting the rotors to be machined or replaced and that the tires should be replaced.

The service writer blew this off as just basic suggestions and the gm signed off that these were NOT to be done. Nevertheless the rotors were machined and no pulsating was noticed within normal city driving. On the highway though after a few heat cycles the pulsating was back. I brought the truck in for an oil leak I now noticed on the passenger side cam tower and also told the service writer about the pulsating brakes again. I then called Toyota Customer relations to open a case and found out the truck is not showing to be a certified pre-owned, I contacted the dealer and the used vehicle manager stated it was paid to be certified. I requested to speak to the manager of the dealer and when I did he told me that they have already given me new tires what else do I want? At this point I did not know what to say, I voiced my concern and also told him there is a concern about rust on the undercarriage of truck.

At this point I was text a copy of the receipt from the dealer paying for the certification and also noticed I was charged for an extended warranty I did not want or need since I purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle. I was not addressed about the extra charge and the Manager stated he will reverse this, which was NEVER done. By this time Toyota Customer relations case manager called me back and stated that the Tech states there is no concern about rust seen and the vehicle certification just has not updated in the system. The case manager then stated he is standing by the dealer's tech evaluation since he is a certified technician. I am completely disgusted by this experience, this is my third Tundra I have owned and now I don't want to purchase Tundra. I work in the corporate office of another OEM as a technical specialist and there is no way I would allow a customer to be treated in this manner.

If my company made a vehicle of this size I would not hesitate to buy it but I have always been fond of Toyota Tundras until this experience. The rotors on all four wheels have significant rust and deterioration in the vents of the rotors, the passenger side cam tower that was re-sealed is leaking oil again and the brakes pulsate. The charge for the extended warranty was never reversed and I have called about this and never received a callback. I am at a loss; never will I do business from AutoNation Toyota Mall of Georgia again. Toyota themselves is not questionable based on how I was treated with from customer relations case manager. I unfortunately know the amount of erroneous calls to CR from customers looking for handouts but I am not looking for a handout, I want this Truck to be repaired to the specs it should have been when I pulled off the lot May 1st 2017.

This truck spent approx. 3 wks. in the shop a week after I purchased it, it a great feeling to make payments on something you are not even driving. It's an even worse feeling to be blown off by the dealer you purchased the vehicle from and the automaker themselves. Part of my purchase agreement was to replace the 2 front tires due to visually obvious wear, tread was very close to the wear bars. Dealer was not able to order tires since the current tires were discontinued from manufacturer. Dealer did replace all four but from the previous inspection prior to my sale the tires showed wear and should have been addressed before certifying vehicle.

These all seem minimal but this is very concerning how this has all transpired. I provided photos of the cooling vents on the rotors, retail sales contract, internal inspection report from initial dealer inspection, certified pre-owned contract and repair invoice from cam tower oil leak. I currently have approx. 69000 miles on truck with original purchase mileage at 49852. I have a long commute to work and a medically sensitive toddler who is commuted back and forth from clinic visits. He had a Liver transplant at 8 months old 6-25-2016.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I’m a 3 time US Marine war veteran, I would do anything in this world to have and die in a Toyota Tundra, why you ask? This is why, during my 2nd war 1996 war in Iraq I was shot at numerous times by enemy hitting me once on my leg, as I seen a Toyota Tundra on the road and trying to get away from the Taliban, this nice man grabbed me and put me in his Toyota Tundra and took me to my base, as we were trying to get out of town we were engaged on from enemy rounds as it hit the truck many times around the engine and back of the truck which never stopped or broke down, as I was shooting back from the back of the truck, the truck was so tough that the bullets from enemy fire couldn’t even penetrate through the truck.

I was saved many times because of the Toyota Tundra and after hearing many Fellow Iraqi army friends, Toyota Tundra is a truck they could trust after never noticing no other trucks in Iraq such as the ford or Chevy or Dodge and even the GMC truck which never seen or used anywhere there, and this is why!!! They are very dependable and never break down in the middle of the desert anywhere and they can take many rounds of Enemy artillery that hit the truck and the truck kept on going, even the engine was shot at many many times... I owe Toyota my life for saving mine in order for me to now have my beautiful children who Kaylee is 7 yrs old and my son Kiko is 8 yrs old.

I now have 2 Purple Hearts for saving 3 families and my captain from enemy fire and I would love to donate my Purple Hearts to Toyota Tundra. This will prove to the world that Toyota Tundra and Tacoma’s are the best of the best with NO doubts in the world, if you could drive pass any use car dealership in this country, you will NEVER ever see a used Toyota Tundra anywhere guaranteed!! Because many people DON'T ever want to trade them in, you will see many other trucks in a dealership parking lot but never a Toyota Tundra and that’s your proof right there.

I’m 50 yrs old now and my dream truck which I know I will never own cause they are too expensive for my wallet is a brown with orange leather interior fully loaded 4 door Toyota Tundra limited truck... I cry every time I see one on the street and my kids tell me, "It’s ok dad. God will give you that truck one day," and I cry every time my kids tell me that. People Toyota Tundra is the best dependable outlasting truck in the world today. I would even do a commercial for Toyota Tundra as a war vet just so the world Would know how a war veteran would die and wanted to be Buried in my Toyota Tundra when I die. Since this truck saved my life.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I would just like to state my dissatisfaction with how Toyota responded to an issue I had on my 2011 Tundra. The bed of my truck was rusting out in the common places where Toyota issued a TSB on many years of the Tundra. My truck was 1.5 years out of their considered warranty and they offered 30% of a $7000 repair to fix the problem. The repair had to meet their requirement or they wouldn't offer the 30%. I then asked if they would contribute any money towards the purchase of a new truck and their offering was actually less than what they offered to fix my current truck. If this is how Toyota wants to treat their customers I will be driving another brand of truck.

In my opinion Toyota missed the mark on this situation knowing they had an issue with their trucks rusting out just after the 5 year mark. Then they stand firm on the fact that it is out of the offered warranty. If there wasn't a known issue for the bed rust then things would be different. Toyota should have fixed these issues at 100% of the repair cost if they do in fact think they build a quality truck. Poor design and sub-par materials make for a less than superior product. Since talking with my Toyota dealership and customer care I decided to move on to another brand of truck and will not be looking back. This was my first Toyota truck and will most likely be my last simply because the company would not stand behind their product.

Original review: July 14, 2017

2010 Tundra with less than 20K miles. It has a big rust area in the bed and I have had a Toyota bed liner in it the whole time I have own it... since it was new off lot. Toyota said "That's too bad. It's out of warranty" and I said it's a quality problem. The rust and hole came from the bottom up... it's a quality issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Tundra?

Original review: June 28, 2017

My problem with my 2012 Tundra started at a very low mileage interval. So to make it brief, the motor would code out and go into safe/crawl mode displaying the "4 LO" light and also the "service engine" icon. I cannot go over like 4 miles per hour and it seems like I am in 4LO the entire time. So, a charcoal canister $1,200.00 did not fix it, 30 miles later light came on, a EVAP motor and Pump did not fix it $530.00, Now TOYOTA is telling me I need a $3,200.00 evap entire wiring harness, and this will "fix it" guaranteed. I am so mad I could burst. Looking to hear from others if they have experienced this.

Original review: May 23, 2017

When my wife and I were looking to replace our Dodge, we had two options. The first was the Chevy Silverado and the second was the Toyota Tundra. Just like everyone else, we ended up going with the Toyota Tundra due to Toyota's reputation and the fact that the company I worked for was a supplier of a major component. The Tundra is a 2008 with about 60,000 miles on. Since we've owned the vehicle, we've had more than our share of issues. These include:

1) Front axle needed to be rebuilt. This was done under warranty. 2) Water pump failed shortly after the warranty expired. 3) Everyone should be familiar with the highly talked about gas pedal sticking recall. 4) Rear bearings (yes, I said bearings. That's both sides) failure. Despite my finding a service bullet Toyota published, articles specifically pointing to the issue being a Toyota design flaw and the dealer indicating that they installed upgraded bearings as part of the repair, I was still responsible for the clear majority of the repair cost. The dealer helped and provided the next largest portion and Toyota provided a whopping $400 to the over $2,000 repair.

5) The fifth item is the most recent item that I have yet to do anything about would be the rusty frame issue. I haven't done anything as I have yet to receive the recall notice, but was told by my dealer that my vehicle was included. Based on what I've seen and heard, I'm also not excited with either of Toyota's suggested fixes.

The company that I worked for was the supplier of the frame. In my opinion, the suggested repairs that Toyota is pursuing does not represent what they should be doing. I understand that all vehicle manufacturers have issue. What drives my next purchase decision is how that manufacture resolves those issues. Based on the recent frame issue, I've been working with my dealer to find a solution and my dealer, Metro Toyota in Kalamazoo, MI, has gone above and beyond. I've seen little support from Toyota and the support I have seen (The $400 for an issue that was theirs) was a joke. When the truck bearings failed, my wife and I were looking at a Camry for her daily driver. We ended up with a Subaru. Both our parents are also now looking for new cars. My mother-in-law will most likely be going from her RAV4 to a Subaru Forester. I'm not sure what my parents will do, but they and others have seen my frustrations with Toyota.

I don't think that will be a direction they will be going. It's not about the vehicles as I love the style and feel of the Tundra's and Camry's. It's about the after sales support and the owning up to their mistakes. As children, this is one of the first things we learn. I would expect nothing less from a large corporation such as Toyota. If you read this Toyota, be thankful that you have great dealers, such as Metro Toyota. Unfortunately, they can only do so much. They've worked with me in offering me a more than a fair trade in value for my truck, but we're still ~$5,000 away from trying to bring this to an acceptable resolution.

Original review: April 5, 2017

2016 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition - First issue I believe to be suspension related. Truck hits a bump and shakes... a lot. Sometimes a full 5+ seconds after. Brought it to multiple dealerships, multiple technicians say it's normal. Tundra's are just a really rough ride. Second, the rear window. Absolutely love that it goes down all the way but there's probably a reason not all truck manufacturers do this. It sounds like the world is coming to an end. There is a VERY loud grinding/squeaking noise that happens as the truck bounces. Dealership again says this is normal; there is only one bracket that holds it in place and so if the window isn't up all the way it moves around a lot. Other issues exist but those are the two that would keep me from buying another Tundra. 10,000 kms on this thing and it drives and sounds like it's 30 years old.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I just got off the phone with a case manager name Marquita from Toyota. I had called three days earlier and was told a case manager would call. I received no phone call, and had to call them myself. My Tundra is one of the vehicles affected by the lack frame protection resulting in a severely rusty frame. I had the frame inspected by a local Toyota dealer and was told that the undercoating that was meant to solve the problem was poorly applied. Huge chunks are my frame are falling off and the frame is exposed causing it to continue to rust. The master technician brought me back to show how the frame was not originally prepped and the undercoating was thinly applied.

So back to the conversation with the case manager. Marquita proceeded to tell me the undercoating was a one time remedy to the frame rust problem. Whether or not the undercoating was done well or not, Toyota is not willing to rectify a poorly done "solution". The same rusty frame is under all the slime they applied and now it is going to continue to get worse. This is a known issue, and I believe Toyota sued the manufacturer of the frames. And me and the other owners are left to rust.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I purchased this 2016 Toyota Tundra 4/4 Crew Cab in July 2016. I have had it in the Service Dept on numerous occasions. Below are a list of Problems... This vehicle now only has 6,000 miles. Brake Booster Replacement, Brake Rotor Replacement, Seat stitching have come Apart 3 Times, Antenna Come Loose, Fender Flare Come Loose, Towing Brake Control Does Not Work Properly, Brakes Have a Burning Smell, Numerous Tire Balances to no Avail. Still Shaking

TPSM Light Comes on.

I have two XSP Tire Wheel Package and, My Vehicle has been Shaking in the SEATS, FLOOR, STEERING WHEEL and GAS PEDAL. The Service Dept. told me that it's the XSP Tire and Wheel Package. And, that and Tundra WILL SHAKE WITH THAT PACKAGE SO AS LONG AS THAT XSP PACKAGE is on that Tundra. Well, why does Toyota keep installing tire and wheel packages that makes their vehicles shake/vibrate. If you Google Toyota SHAKING/VIBRATION you will see that it's happening in many different Models and nothing is being done. Toyota Claims the SHAKING/VIBRATION IS A VEHICLE CHARACTERISTIC. WOW!!! Please Google before you buy a Toyota product.

Toyota Tundra Company Information