Toyota Prius

Maintenance costs may outstrip fuel savings

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I got it because it looked so great and didn't bother to check anything else. I paid a lot of money and it fell apart immediately. It was my own fault for not checking it better. I did numerous repairs and maintenance, but it just wasn't ever enough. Struts were terrible as well as the brakes went out so many times. I just couldn't deal with this vehicle anymore. I couldn't bring myself to keep it with its numerous mechanical issues. It just wasn't safe enough to drive everyday and I was afraid it was going to fall apart. I sold it immediately. It was nice in appearance, just wish it was better with the mechanical aspect.

I've put over 80k miles on this car and it looks brand new. It looks great and has never let me down. I was worried it would feel plastic, but I was wrong. People teased me about "handling hills" in a Prius. It was never an issue. I've always been proud to drive the car and pass people driving up steep hills. It's not a sports car but that's not what I paid for. It's cute, reliable, and stays clean with minimal effort on my part. I've spilled red Gatorade inside and it cleaned up without skipping a beat. Not only was the car inexpensive but cheap to drive and to maintain. It's the perfect car for a commuter. I've driven mine cross country both ways 3x, with no issues.

Rocks & other materials that fly up during driving in more remote places have already made dents in the car but I guess it holds up good enough. The acceleration & mobility when turning in offroad areas is very impressive. I think the car is very attractive & I bought this choice mainly based off looks. This is the kind of car I'd feel confident driving around town and showing off. There are many interior features of the car that I do appreciate highly but I'm not happy with how well it holds up. I expected more a lot because of how pricey this car was. Although I was quite disappointed with how this experience ending up turning out, the price was within my budget.

This vehicle will comfort you all the rides you go. You can go everywhere you want and you will have your life protected every bit of the way. I recommend this to everyone! Its fast and can store as much gas as possible for all your adventures. The appearance is slick and smooth as hell. The car is overall decent. I love this car because its so cheap and wonderful. And this will be your best buy if you're trying for a cheap car with a small price range.

It's very durable for everyday use and car pooling. Not a single problem with anything on the car breaking and I'm hard on it. Nice solid build. Well worth it. Awesome performance, too. Nice to drive no matter if you're going on a long trip or short trip. Don't have to stop much, it just keeps on going. I love it. Well made interior and exterior. Great features and powered. A little tight inside for tall people like me but if you can put the seat back all the way very comfortable to drive. The value is great especially all the gas money it saves you. You get a lot for the price. I recommend it highly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

My Prius lasted a long time and I still have the car. It is my favorite car and it gives a lot of mileage. The durability for this is good and I can also get high mph with this car. The interior is soft and the exterior was also good because it protects me if I get into a crash. I am happy because I got the car for a good price and I would recommend.

It can be difficult to get the gas for a certain place. The gas runs out very quickly. Also, my car is big and it can sometimes be hard to get it in a certain place. The check engine goes on a lot and I tried to fix it but it didn't work. But it is very good overall. My friends like it and I am very happy with it. I like it appearance. I didn't find the colors that I wanted but I got a decent color. It is expensive but not as expensive as other cars. It is very good for its price. I do recommend it to anyone who is interested in this car.

The brand has a long lasting engine and have the ability to cover distance within minutes. It's so strong and cannot be easily damage with slight hit. The tyre are also very satisfactory. The performance is highly recommendable due to the various features its posses, factory fitted air conditioning, manual processing. It has the ability to cover miles within a given time. The sound system is highly superb. It is highly recommendable and is really valuable.

The car lasts a long time and is family friendly. It has lasted my family across hundreds of miles and hasn't needed repair for over five years. The performance of the vehicle is very good. It's smooth and is able to stop suddenly when there's an emergency. While this isn't a sports car, it is a safe and comfortable design and it's fun to be in. It can host a good amount of people in the car while being comfortable with leather seats. The overall appearance is good. The value is incomparable. While the car may be pricey brand new, it's well worth the cost and will last a long time.

It has been a very good car with no troubles so far. It's not a rugged vehicle but that's not why I bought it - I purchased for fuel economy which I like and the high tech features of it. I also like the push button start. The interior is sufficient for a car of its size. It can seat five people. I was able to get a good price on the car and I am grateful for that (saved money). The one disadvantage is that it's a bit hard to see out the interior mirror. Also the car does not have a lot of power given that it is a 4 cylinder. Nevertheless, it has been dependable and I have a 75,000 warranty on it.

Overall, I'm very happy with the performance of my car. It handles well on the road. I have never had a problem with it in the winters on icy roads like I expected to. It also accelerated fairly fast. This is a great car for traveling distances because of the gas efficiency. It is also very visually appealing. It had a sleek look to it and I really like the pastel colors. Although, some may see it as being a little too feminine or perhaps appealing only to younger audiences. And it is a little small for driving with kids in the car. It would be amazing if there were a slightly bigger version. But it is a good car and the cost is pretty good for how long I believe that it will last, though I was disappointed to see how much the value of the car drops once it's no longer brand new.

The vehicle drives fine. It's big, fast, and drives at 1000000 miles. Performance isn't a issue. I highly recommend to anyone that wants to buy it off me for a unique price. Also it will come with a turbo nitrous attached to it as a optional attachment if you want the ultimate package. The beast of this vehicle is the turbocharger. When this baby gets crankin, performance becomes ridiculously good. It is red with retrofitted chromed out wheels. Windows are tinted with a custom made vinyl underneath the car, plus the car shoots out custom made gas flames. Value of the car is 30,0000. Unlike any car in the world... you won't find a car much better out there than this one set at a insane value. It takes a rich mans fat pockets to be able to hold this cars value.

The best car ever. The performance is just like any car. It does its job and performs well. It doesn't dent if you hit objects such as poles and signs. I have crashed into poles multiple times by accident with still no dents ANYWHERE. The price is also pretty low compared to other cars. I recommend it to everyone. It is really worth it and it’s a 9/10 car. It looks amazing and is literally a tank. It doesn't look bad at all but it doesn't even fight against sports cars.

Truly dependable whenever I need it to be. Has been a great benefit to my wallet. Truly this car gets great gas mileage. I have saved so much on gas over the past year that I am able to afford all other kinds of things with all the money I have saved from purchasing this vehicle. Also, I have never even had to have a repair except for routine main. This a great dependable value for your dollar. Good radio system. It purrs like a kitten and keeps on going and going like that rabbit of old. Great get up and go. Sleek, stylish, smart, compact, smooth, great looking tires are great looks. Very safe and reliable, very conservative, looking environmentally friendly.

The Toyota Prius is actually really great, very awesome, and cool! It got me through the slush of Minnesota. It has great mileage on it and it can go pretty fast. I like speeding down the highway sometimes at night. I like to pretend I'm in Fast and Furious. This car is awesome and I would recommend it to everyone. It is also really elegant both inside and out. It looks so chic and sexy. The interior is beautiful with leather seatings and the dashboard has a glossy finish to it. It's absolutely amazing. The Toyota Prius is also very affordable. Some would consider me to be upper middle class and I was able to afford this car so I guess it's true. The car is worth every penny I paid for it.

I'm one of those that are big on a car simply looking decent. I'm not about some souped up car with exotic colors or that is flashy. The appearance is really nice and standard for these type of vehicles. I think this car holds significant value that will hold the test of time. Considering that I keep up with all of my products then I should be fine. Plus, the value of the car is something that is pretty much a steal for how solid it is. The durability of the vehicle was pretty nice from what I can see. It isn't some tank that will last through it all, though it can definitely take its share of lumps and bumps. The performance was really impressive to me. I like how smooth the drive was which is something that is understated I feel. Turning didn't feel like I was fighting against the wheel and it just felt like I was at home in this car.

Car handling does well. Great speed, great power and like the color. Enjoy the interior with all the chrome accents around throughout the car. Would definitely buy another car like this one in the future. The car has great performance, great horsepower. It's a 6 cylinder 4 seater car sedan. Gets up and goes when you need it to. I really love the appearance of this car. Its mainstream lines beautiful colors to choose from. Also, the price value of the car was fairly reasonable. I talk to the car associate and he explained with tax deposit. I also was told about the trade-in policy of my older vehicle.

Toyota Prius has amazing durability, perfect for traveling, it will accommodate your every need and it will satisfy you. This car is also beautiful and sleek, inside and out. I fall in love with it everytime I look at it and this is the feeling that I feel like everyone should feel. Such a great value for what you are getting. It's gas efficient, rarely needs to go to the shop. Not only is it gas efficient but it's also a high performing vehicle. It's a really good car that I feel like anyone who is confused about what car to purchase I will send them on this path. I love it, love it. I am so happy with this purchase. It is a amazing car that I recommend to everyone that I know.

It looks fun and innovative. The color assortment and the design are to die for. The look is up and coming and by far one of the best on the market. However, while on the freeway above 70 mph the car begins to wobble and seems to be lifting to the left. Also, the get up gas accelerate is not up to par. I don't know if other drivers have experienced the lack of giddie up but I certainly have. This car is not what I expected as far as durability. I paid good money and expected far more than what I received. I will not be ever purchase another Toyota product. I don't understand how they maintain resale value.

This car is so dependable, it's fantastic. I feel like it's the most reliable car I've ever owned, by far. This is a wonderful vehicle. Really great. It drives like a dream. Fun and lovely to drive, and very zippy. I was very impressed. It performs beyond my expectations. Appearance is wonderful. It looks great both inside and out. It's small but roomy. It fits our family's needs perfectly. I think it's a very cute car. It's totally worth the value. It may be more expensive but worth it by far. I love everything about it.

The durability of this vehicle was indescribable. I went everywhere in it. It took a lot of very harsh Midwest winters, but it always started and always got good gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone who wanted to get their money’s worth out of a vehicle. It looked like a fairly expensive car and I always got lots of nice compliments when I went to the store or to Walmart or from people where I worked. The value of the car was extremely good compared to others. It paid for itself very quickly and didn't need a lot of maintenance except the usual oil change and check-up.

The Prius handles rough roads well. Perfect for off-road and rough terrain. I've owned mine for over 2 years and have not had to have it worked on once. It's a smooth and comfortable ride that handles nicely and allows for easy maneuvering. A lot of power without losing the finesse. I'd recommend to anyone. I love the sleek and modern design. The interior design is very well suited for the style of vehicles. It gives the appearance of luxury and ruggedness at the same time. For everything that is offered, these vehicles are priced very reasonably. It serves as a family car and a bachelor's ride. It gets me where I need to go in style.

I have a beautiful shiny blue car. The interior is perfect for me, my children, and our life. We have enough room which is very surprising. Also, I can drive it anywhere anytime. I have driven on all kind of roads and yet I always feel as if I am driving on a newly paved road. I so not even mind driving on rocky dirt roads. I feel very safe in my car and I drive around a lot of children a lot of time and have not had a problem yet. I paid such a small amount for the value I received. It is one of the top ten values and truly one of the best deals of my life. Thanks.

I purchase my Toyota in November 2015. I have had any problems and is completely happy with my decision. I paid roughly $30,000 and it has a seller value of at least $20,000. I like that it's a full hybrid electric automobile and it's among the best fuel economy vehicles on the market. It's functional for all my daily activities and stylish at the same time. This vehicle is very efficient and a fun car to drive. Its fuel-sipping engines uses less gas than every hybrid competitor, and its powertrain delivers good acceleration for city traffic like Atlanta.

Its appearance is both nice on the inside and outside. I have a candy apple red, something I always wanted and my family and friends, strangers included always compliment my car. The appearance was an important factor when purchasing this car. I like that the car has body side moldings, door edge guards, paint protection film, and a rear bumper protector and some cross bars that gives it that sporty look.

The car is durable and feels sturdy while seated and driving. It is also very comfortable. I feel safe with this car. You can almost feel how well it's made and not worry about the destruction of the vehicle if it were in an accident of sorts. Everything works as it should. Never have engine problems or any other problems under the hood or anywhere else for the matter. I love the appearance of this car. It's compact and neat looking. It has plenty of room to shop or travel. This car is definitely worth what I paid for. It does go beyond expected. Material and items inside the car are not cheaply made. It looks and feels as if it'll last a lifetime.

The Prius is Probably the best car I have ever driven. It Runs very smooth and the Motor is stronger than I thought it would be. The gas mileage is very good and Gets me where I need to go. Usually most cars I have owned have engine issues but this car is just like when I bought it. I love the look of it, too. It's small and cute, yet it looks like a decent car. It can be a car for anyone really. I also love how it is easily customizable. And You get what you pay for which in this case it is a very great car. I feel the pricing is fair. I know this car will last me for years to come.

The durability of the vehicle is very good. It has lasted up to 15 years for me now and is still running strong. I've only had to repair it a few times and only for little things. Its performance has been very good for the most part. The interior and exterior of the car is very nice. I really like the leather seats and the amount of storage it provides. I also like that it's very easy to clean if something is spilled. I would say that this brand of car is very worth the money since it is very durable and aesthetically pleasing.

The Prius is small and I mostly dislike this car because it needed to be fixed a lot at least in my experience of having this car. The performance was terrible. I was constantly fixing this car. Also, the appearance just looks gross. It's foreign so of course the car is an ugly shape and the whole car looks disgusting. It was only good with the interior such as the radio and seats. I also like how the trunk is though and it is pretty nice. The value of this car is pretty good. You get great gas mileage for a pretty cheap car but you have to fix the car a lot so I guess it's not worth it completely.

I thought it was quite durable, which had a large impact on my decision to buy. Possible one of the best cars I've owned. It was absolutely fantastic. I loved it and I even considered gifting one to my ex-husband. This car was better than four horses. It was amazing. Best performance in a car I've seen on this side of the millennium. Stylish is an understatement when speaking of this vehicle. I wish all cars were required to live up to this standard. This is like the car next door you've always had a crush on but never spoke to, yep a Prius! I've never got such bang for my buck and as soon as I drove this thing, it slapped me on the cheek and asked me where I've been all my life.

This vehicle is very good on gas and overall consumption of oil. Best for experienced drivers who want to conserve natural resources. Also for people who want to take their time and not be in a hurry. This gives you the best gas mileage. However there are different drive modes. One of which is power mode which is very sporty. If you are in a hurry it will get you there fast. My model of the Prius is not the newest. So it is very nice design that is aerodynamic on the outside with a very smooth interior. The digital dash makes it simple to understand and use. While the car was at a fair price with bank financing it cost a little more than I wanted to pay for this model. When you consider the money I save on gas it is still a fair deal.

Toyota Prius Company Profile