2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Toyota Prius

Maintenance costs may outstrip fuel savings

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.84/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Toyota Prius is a full hybrid electric car that debuted in 1994. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Toyota Prius Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This is my second Prius, a 2009 and now a 2019. I liked the previous one better. This one has some nice features like the automatic dimming headlights, the lane departure signal, heated steering wheel, & blind spot warning. But I'm very upset that it didn't come with a spare tire. Want me to use their roadside service which is available for 2 years however I keep my vehicles for more than 10 years. Was told no room for a spare. Dumb, real dumb.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

A great driving car and great on gas mileage, 58 miles per gallon. I probably will keep getting Toyota Priuses as this is my third one and I really like them. They have a lot of safety features like alert if you get too close to the car in front of you or it beeps if you go across the line in case you are getting sleepy and I am a little bit older so it's nice to have those added safety features.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

This vehicle is an affordable mixture of luxury, safety, fuel economy, and a sure bet for those who choose to drive vehicles that are kinder to the environment. This vehicle boast a host of features that make driving anywhere a pure joy. I enjoy the heated seat, controlling things like incoming calls, musical selection and the temperature via a request on the steering wheel. Pure joy. This car is worth every penny paid entirely due the detail detail given to both design and functionality. Great car and great value.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have never before had such a maintenance free vehicle, and my Prius is a 2007. Gas mileage is great, although because I live at the top of a hill and in a cold climate, not as good as manufacturers estimates. I hope that newer models did something about the automatic turn off when skidding. This feature makes it difficult for me to get up the hill when it snows. And the back latch to the hatchback broke, and I see this as an issue on other old Prius on the road. But besides those two issues, this car has given me many miles of maintenance-free travel.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I love how our 2019 Prius handles, it has a snappy peddle and gets excellent gas mileage in the upper 50s to low 60 mpg, better than our previous Prius. The seats are very comfortable and has great leg room in the back. My mom who has lots of back issues and has trouble traveling.. it is the only one of 3 vehicles that we have that she travels well in the back and is comfortable. The only thing I miss in our 2019 is that it doesn’t have the double glove box and doesn’t have the under the console storage space that our 2012 has... Other than that I love it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Prius?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

My hybrid car is a fuel miser. I get to stretch my fuel dollar. It has a quiet cabin, even with the engine geared up. It fits the bill as a commuter or weekend cruising vehicle. Its sight lines are unobstructed. The easy to read dashboard is both attractive and informative. Whether the car is used as a functional family ride or it’s purring, so sleek out down the highway.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I really like the money I save in gas with the Prius because of all the driving I do for work. It's a nice small car and has lasted 150000 miles and going unlike dying at 100000 like most cars I've owned. The one downside is that in the winter where I live, it snows a lot and my Prius is so light that it just slides across most snowy surfaces making it difficult to use in winter time.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I chose the Prius Prime for its environmental component and it's very good at what it does there; often I don't have to fill up with gas for weeks and weeks! And it takes very little energy to charge as well. What I didn't expect, was how much fun this car is to drive- It has a weighty glide to it, but then is also more responsive than I anticipated. Recommended!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Super economy and excellent handling, very good safety features, but somewhat cramped interior, meager storage spaces, and minimal power. Great for zipping around town, but leaves a lot to be desired on longer trips.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Great car. 2018 and have owned for a year now. The safety features are great and the rear camera is very helpful. The cars features are wonderful as well and can connect to Bluetooth, play mp3s from a usb, and charge wirelessly.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Toyota Prius Company Information