2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Toyota Prius

Maintenance costs may outstrip fuel savings

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

The Toyota Prius is a full hybrid electric car that debuted in 1994. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Toyota Prius Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Prius?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Prius?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This is my second Prius, a 2009 and now a 2019. I liked the previous one better. This one has some nice features like the automatic dimming headlights, the lane departure signal, heated steering wheel, & blind spot warning. But I'm very upset that it didn't come with a spare tire. Want me to use their roadside service which is available for 2 years however I keep my vehicles for more than 10 years. Was told no room for a spare. Dumb, real dumb.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

A great driving car and great on gas mileage, 58 miles per gallon. I probably will keep getting Toyota Priuses as this is my third one and I really like them. They have a lot of safety features like alert if you get too close to the car in front of you or it beeps if you go across the line in case you are getting sleepy and I am a little bit older so it's nice to have those added safety features.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I really like the money I save in gas with the Prius because of all the driving I do for work. It's a nice small car and has lasted 150000 miles and going unlike dying at 100000 like most cars I've owned. The one downside is that in the winter where I live, it snows a lot and my Prius is so light that it just slides across most snowy surfaces making it difficult to use in winter time.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

This vehicle is an affordable mixture of luxury, safety, fuel economy, and a sure bet for those who choose to drive vehicles that are kinder to the environment. This vehicle boast a host of features that make driving anywhere a pure joy. I enjoy the heated seat, controlling things like incoming calls, musical selection and the temperature via a request on the steering wheel. Pure joy. This car is worth every penny paid entirely due the detail detail given to both design and functionality. Great car and great value.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have never before had such a maintenance free vehicle, and my Prius is a 2007. Gas mileage is great, although because I live at the top of a hill and in a cold climate, not as good as manufacturers estimates. I hope that newer models did something about the automatic turn off when skidding. This feature makes it difficult for me to get up the hill when it snows. And the back latch to the hatchback broke, and I see this as an issue on other old Prius on the road. But besides those two issues, this car has given me many miles of maintenance-free travel.

Original review: March 7, 2020

We bought the Prius just last month at Jim Coleman with 0 miles and dx it from Baltimore but the pre collision safety stopped working, has a engine problem and it’s brand new but we have all proof. The general managers, service department at Jim Coleman didn’t want to help and look into it neither did Toyota. We now know Toyota likes to run away from issues because the Prius specifically was recalled for this same issue and it’s on the BBB and other website true Reviews about it having safety features issues with more than 33k recalls even the managers thought that Toyota has been hiding because they only reported 3k and not 33k recalls this year. Also aside from that my husband and I have email complaints of this matter, phone calls, and tag you on social media of our true reviews on you thus far as a whole company to show everyone not everyone gets the best deals and some good people get scammed.

But I have the proof I need to follow a lawsuit with Vincent ** who is currently an employer for the company and has worked as a salesman for half a year and have eye witness and discovered so much in our short time that we plan to pursue this with no problem. Yes it sucks we are the victims but no pity that I am positive things will only get better from here. So if anything thank you Toyota for giving me the opportunity to share my experience with everyone.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

First of all, are you serious Toyota? Let me tell you a little backstory. I've worked as a Toyota salesperson for 6 months. I'm making profit and gross. I bought a car. A 2019 Prius LE. Brand new. 0 miles. But guess what? I find out today in service that the collision system sensor is missing from my car. TF? I bought the car new and it is missing a safety function? Do you want me to die? Honestly I would think that after all the recent recalls with the fuel pump and engines blowing up that you would be a little more careful with your cars. But don't hit me with the American made cars having issues.

This is a Japanese built car. Like I haven't even mentioned the loud engine noise the car is making. Like what the actual heck. I sell cars for you and you slap me in the face? I demand to talk with the higherups. I have no problem filing a MD Lemon Law lawsuit as this is against the rules. It's a new car. Barely a month old. Has all these issues. No accidents. Wow Toyota just wow. How can you do this to me? How should I continue to tell Toyota customers how great the cars are when this crap affects me?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

My hybrid car is a fuel miser. I get to stretch my fuel dollar. It has a quiet cabin, even with the engine geared up. It fits the bill as a commuter or weekend cruising vehicle. Its sight lines are unobstructed. The easy to read dashboard is both attractive and informative. Whether the car is used as a functional family ride or it’s purring, so sleek out down the highway.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I chose the Prius Prime for its environmental component and it's very good at what it does there; often I don't have to fill up with gas for weeks and weeks! And it takes very little energy to charge as well. What I didn't expect, was how much fun this car is to drive- It has a weighty glide to it, but then is also more responsive than I anticipated. Recommended!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Super economy and excellent handling, very good safety features, but somewhat cramped interior, meager storage spaces, and minimal power. Great for zipping around town, but leaves a lot to be desired on longer trips.

Toyota Prius Company Information