2.79/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Prius

Maintenance costs may outstrip fuel savings

The Toyota Prius is a full hybrid electric car that debuted in 1994. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Prius Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2018

The rear view visibility is poor, and the Prius is low and hits any small dip in the road. But overall, the car has been absolutely problem free, and has great mileage!

Original review: May 8, 2018

The Prius itself is a pretty good car. I purchased it for my teenage daughter thinking it would be a safe, economical car for her to use. So far it has been; although it does go through tires fairly quickly. That said, I will never purchase another Toyota because of their Toyota Financial Services department. They have been nothing short of a nightmare and ruin the entire Toyota experience.

Original review: May 7, 2018

After eight years and 40000 I have had zero issues with my Prius. It is super reliable, although it does seem to be hard on tires. I have just worn out my second set of tires and I check the pressure every ten days!

Original review: May 7, 2018

My 2017 Prius V is what I've been wanting, ever since they came out. I finally got one, and it is great! Very comfortable, big enough to haul what I need in the back or with the seats folded down, so quiet, and I can go great distances on only a 10 gal tank! I love the opportunity to finally have an eco-friendly auto!

Original review: May 6, 2018

The Prius had made my life simpler — not so many trips to the gas station, service charges are cheaper, good performance, trunk space with fold down back seats lets us carry most anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Prius?

Original review: May 6, 2018

Very tough car: even hail didn't affect it! Also, very comfortable seats and easy to use climate control. Gas mileage is amazing, which is one of the reasons we bought this Toyota Prius V.

Original review: May 5, 2018

After a few years I replaced my tires and didn't get the correct ones for a 2011 Prius so I am only getting 42-45 MPG instead of 50 or more MPG. This is my only gripe.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I love this car (Toyota Prius Hybrid) and would definitely buy the same model again. It has been worry free with no repairs needed, is comfortable to drive, and its efficiency has saved us a great deal on gasoline.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Can't beat the quiet running, its head room and MPG! The Prius is inexpensive to maintain and remains stylish. The hatchback makes shopping easy and lets me load large items in the back especially with the rear seats lowered.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Toyota Prius 2017 is mostly good. But what I don't like: the dashboard is too cluttered with icons that can't be turned off, and the brightness control is hard to find in the dark - a hazard.

Toyota Prius Company Information