3.70/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda Fit

The Honda Fit is a subcompact hatchback that is known for its great fuel economy. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

25 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Was told by the sales person that it would be a month for a part. I called today which is the month and service dept had no knowledge of me waiting on a part. I guess it was just told to me to get me out of the dealership. I am having problems with the key fob where it is not recognizing the key. And I would rather just get my old vehicle (Kia Rio) back which did not give me problems. I feel as though I am just getting the run around. I could be sitting in my car for 10 mins or more because it will not start. I press the brake and push the button at the same time and nothing. I'm going in tomorrow. We shall see if that solves my issue.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I purchased a brand new 2015 white pearl Honda Fit from Sierra Honda in Monrovia CA in April 2015. On January 15th, 2019, I came outside to my car to find that a section of paint between the moonroof and windshield had literally lifted up from my car overnight. I contacted Sierra Honda immediately for assistance and never got a callback. The following day, I contacted American Honda and was advised over the phone that "paint defects were an issue in the past" and filed a claim. I waited for two weeks after two phone calls to hear back from Sierra Honda, whom did not follow up until I manually took the car in for inspection on January 31st. By this time, the paint defect had considerably worsened, and I researched online to find that this is a VERY common occurrence with Honda cars (including the 2000-2009 Civic/Accord paint defect recall cases, and now popping up with 2013-newer Honda vehicles, primarily with white paint).

I spoke with a case manager at Sierra Honda who acknowledged that it was a known problem and defect and advised me that he had "been seeing a lot of this come in". He laughed and even showed me photos on his own phone of the exact same paint defect on another customer's car that had been taken in on the prior week (I am also now in contact with this same customer through a class action lawsuit group on Facebook). The case manager advised that he would NOT take my photos/video collected on my car at that time, and took photos of my car himself (on his cell phone). He advised that a field manager would review my case and would follow up with me in a month.

From January until mid-March (2 months), the paint has continued to lift in CHUNKS and SHEETS off of my roof and is now covering almost half of the width of the roof section. I had to email Sierra Honda to follow up since he did not get back to me within the month - he then checked in with the field manager and I was advised in writing last week that the cost of repairs would be $992.25, and that Honda was requesting I pay a "15% deductible". I was told that repairs would take "7-10 days, and a rental was not available".

This is unacceptable to me, as this is a VERY obvious paint defect on part of Honda. There are PLENTY of reports of this online. It is fraudulent to be selling consumers a car when there is a known defect and non-acknowledgement of the issue, then expect the consumer to PAY for the defect. Not only are there scores of cases across America and Canada of this exact occurrence readily accessible online across car sites and social media (and our class action group on Facebook has tripled in size in the last two months since my own issue started occurring), but the fact that Honda is now issuing SBs to their dealers regarding the issue is indicative of it being a known issue and defect, not to mention that the majority of the cars affected are 1. originating from a few certain plants around the US and 2. are primarily in the white diamond pearl paint.

With all of the above aside, a well-made and well-kept 2015 Honda Fit, which I am still paying monthly for, SHOULD NOT be losing paint literally overnight. My family has worked in the painting contractor business for four generations: this is an obvious problem with the paint application process at Honda, and should not apply to ANY car. It is extremely upsetting, as this was my first new purchase for a vehicle and I really love my car otherwise; it looks terrible to drive, and I am worried that paint will continue to peel from other sections of my car. As noted and documented, it has doubled in size just over two months.

I requested that 100% of the expenses to fix the defect on the roof section of my car be covered by Honda ($992.25 as quoted by my dealer). A regional manager got back to me today and refused to cover the full cost and also refused a rental. I was told that "no one else would be able to help me" and they would not cover the full cost to fix it. I cannot get to work without a car,and it will take 7-10 days to fix. Even though my car is 4 years old, it is out of the "3 year/36,000" warranty and paint peeling off in huge sheets across the car is apparently considered "normal wear and tear" by Honda and the rep I spoke with today.

There are HUNDREDS of documented cases like this online. Honda should be recalling these cars and repainting them, just as they did (and were sued for) in reference to the 2000-2009 Civics and Accords. I will be filing with my state AG and with media investigative teams in the meantime, and doing what I can to warn new customers and consumers about Honda. I have been a lifelong fan up until today. What an absolute disappointment.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We purchased a 2015 Honda Fit that had an Extended warranty through Honda Care in 2016 with about 15,000 miles on the vehicle. Shortly after purchase with less than 20,000 miles the sunroof malfunctioned requiring replacement of several parts (all well within the 3 year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty). Honda did not repair the problem without cost to us. Now the car has 32,100 miles and the transmission went out. With the 5 year/60,000 mile warranty, the repair was performed without cost to us, this time. However, we learned that a re-conditioned transmission was used. Unfortunately upon receiving the car from repairs, the vehicle was not shifting correctly. Returning to the dealer, they claimed some electrical connection was not connected correctly.

I have tried to interact with Honda motors to find out why a re-conditioned transmission and parts were used rather than new ones. A Mechanic at the dealer that performed the repair indicated to my daughter, that the CVT transmissions on the Fits and HRVs go out prematurely and don't perform well in cold weather. I made 3 separate calls to Honda Motors today, speaking with 3 different incoming call agents. Each time they ask me to provide them with different or additional information in order to assign a liaison between the dealer and my daughter.

As my daughter resides in a different state and time zone, this is becoming time consuming and frustrating. It's clear from my experience in healthcare, that they are employing stall tactics to frustrate me into going away. I have owned 6 Hondas starting with a new 2005 CRV. As I'm nearing time to replace my 2008 Pilot, I am certainly going to consider alternatives such as Subaru, Hyundai, and Toyota. I no longer have blind faith in Honda.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The Honda Fit is absolutely the best car I've ever owned. It's easy on gas, very reliable and super cute. One of the biggest selling points was how small the car was. I live in a very populated area, and having a car that's easy to park anywhere is a necessity. My husband and I call it our little rocket ship and I love it. I also love that it's a hatchback. It's easy to load up when I need to put stuff in the back, and it's great for summertime activities. I live near a drive in movie theater, so every movie I see this summer will be from my car! The only thing I would want to change would be to add some fun decals to it to make it look more like a cute.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I wanted a hatchback style car which Honda Fit is and it had just about everything I was looking for. The vehicle has gas mileage and decent space inside the vehicle. I like that the backseats fold down allowing tons of trunk space when needed. But I dislike that the backseats' headrests block the back window but that's the price I pay for with a hatchback and I've accepted that fact. I also love the simplicity of it compared to vehicles nowadays with built in touch screens, televisions, etc. With Honda Fit, there were no extra, fancy buttons or unnecessary features.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Fit?

Original review: July 25, 2018

The Honda Fit is a small, sleek and sophisticated car. It's easy to park into spots because of the size and backup cameras. I like the silver color and the seat heaters. I also like the ease of the radio system and how it hooks up to Bluetooth and HDMI. Plus, I always love the way it drives, it's smooth, not too jumpy/Stop/Start. The mileage is amazing too, it only takes about 20 dollars to fill up an entire tank. However, I wish it had four wheel drive and was easier to take over snow and sleet conditions. It often gets stuck even if there is not very much snow, and while it handles well on ice it could certainly handle better.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I love my Honda Fit. It is a peppy hatchback, which is very convenient. I like that it is small because when I have to park in a parking garage it is much, much easier than parking a mini-van -- and I speak from experience! It is low profile and is a 5 speed manual. It has a split rear seat, which means you can fold down 1/3 of the back seat, 2/3s, or the whole back seat, depending on what you need it for. The only thing I might change about it is having a bit better acceleration, because when I am merging on the highway sometimes I wish it would GO FASTER, because Nashville traffic can be crazy. Other than that, I enjoy driving it.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Mechanically the car is great and I love that the car is so reliable. That's what made me want a Honda to begin with. I'm just disappointed in the quality of what is put on the inside. I didn't like the cheap carpet on the inside and the sub par fabric used on the arm rest. It's ridiculous that these things have worn completely out in my car when it's not even 6 years old yet. And the steering wheel faded quickly. I wouldn't expect anything luxury or high end in a Honda fit, but the carpet and materials used would meet some sort of quality standard. I wish that even though I purchased a cheaper model car, they'd include quality products on the interior so I didn't have the issues I do now.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I bought my 2009 Honda Fit new. I searched online for a safe, small, reliable car as I’m a widow. I love this car. It has given me only problem when the fuse box went out this year (2018). The part was ordered and it was a easy fix. I get fantastic gas mileage when I go the exact speed limit and yes there is the road noise but I play the radio and do not notice it. I have hauled lots of things and the back seat goes down and there’s lots of room. The seats are comfortable and adjust easily. I plan on buying another one soon and the one I have will go to my daughter.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I own a 2010 Honda Fit. I love this car. It still gets great gas mileage. The 2 main reasons I bought it 8 years ago were the gas mileage & the extra room in the back when you put the back seats down. Can haul a lot of stuff. It handles well and I'm hoping I can get a lot more years on it.

Honda Fit Company Information