4.8/5 (9 ratings)
Author picture
Written by

About Tempus Logix

Tempus Logix is an auto shipping broker that connects customers with the right auto shipping company for their needs. Its partner carriers ship new and used vehicles, classic cars, heavy machinery, boats, yachts, motorcycles, ATVs and UTVs, using both open and enclosed trailers. Customers can get an instant quote online using the company’s AI cost calculator and track a shipment online.

Pros

• Domestic and international transport
  • Open and enclosed options
  • Large carrier network
  • Military, student and returning customer discounts

Cons

• Not a direct carrier
  • $75 cancellation fee possible

Bottom Line

Tempus Logix is an auto moving broker with more than 25,000 partner carriers nationwide. You can get immediate quotes online for shipping a vehicle, but make sure you check the broker and scheduling fees.

What is Tempus Logix?

Tempus Logix is a car shipping broker that connects customers with a network of more than 25,000 auto shippers across the nation. All its partner carriers are certified and licensed and maintain cargo insurance of up to $1 million. Its services include open and enclosed transport for shipping vehicles locally, nationally and even internationally.

It works with individuals, companies, corporations, auction houses, car collectors, luxury car owners and dealers to ship cars, motorcycles, heavy equipment, ATVs and boats.

How does Tempus Logix work?

To start, customers first input shipment details into an AI cost calculator. Be ready to provide the following information:

• The origin and destination ZIP codes
  • Whether you want open or enclosed transport
  • The first date the vehicle is available to ship
  • Whether the vehicle runs
  • The vehicle make, model and year
  • Whether the vehicle has been modified
  • Whether you are shipping any extra parts or personal belongings
  • Your contact information

The system then searches for the best price, showing you regular and cash prices. If you choose to move forward, you will put in more details about the pickup and drop-off locations and finalize the booking.

Once you book with Tempus Logix, you can start using the shipment status tool online. The tool shows you information such as whether Tempus Logix has booked a carrier and estimated dates of pickup and delivery.

Tempus Logix shipping options

Tempus Logix provides a number of different shipping options for customers:

• Enclosed auto transport: Ship a vehicle in an enclosed trailer for greater peace of mind. For more expensive vehicles, or for shipping in bad weather, this may be a better option.
  • Open auto transport: Shipping a vehicle in an open trailer is a more affordable option than enclosed shipping. It’s adequate for most transports and the best choice for those on a budget.
  • Military auto transport: The company offers up to a 10% military auto transport discount for all active-duty members.
  • Express car shipping: Have your vehicle picked up within 48 hours of the transporter receiving your vehicle transport order. This is the best option if you have an exact date you need the car shipped. Express is usually 30% more than traditional auto shipping.
  • Shipping for online car buyers: After purchasing a car online, you can work with Tempus Logix to get the car shipped to you. During pickup, it also offers a variety of visual checkups, which may serve as a secondary inspection for the new vehicle.
  • Classic car transport: This premium service offers a greater level of confidence to customers with classic cars.
  • International shippers: Tempus Logix’s shippers will get the vehicle to the port or airport needed for international shipment. Most of its drivers have Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) cards.
  • Heavy equipment transport: Tempus Logix offers shipping for large trucks, heavy machinery and agricultural equipment for construction and industrial companies.
  • Boat transport: Tempus Logix offers city-to-city and state-to-state boat, yacht and sailboat transportation for boats up to 70 feet in length.

How much does Tempus Logix cost?

Tempus Logix searches its carrier network for the lowest cost based on the details on your shipment details. After you provide information about your vehicle, the earliest pickup date, the route and whether you want open or enclosed transport, Tempus Logix shows you both a cash price and a regular price instantly through its AI cost calculator.

According to its terms and conditions, Tempus Logix does charge broker and scheduling fees before pickup. There is a 5% transaction fee for using a credit card or PayPal. If you cancel the shipment after a carrier is assigned or you have to reschedule because the vehicle isn’t ready for pickup, Tempus Logix may charge a $75 fee.

Tempus Logix FAQ

Is Tempus Logix a broker or carrier?

Tempus Logix is a broker, not a carrier. That means it connects customers to licensed carriers that do the actual auto transport.

Is Tempus Logix licensed and insured?

Tempus Logix is registered as a broker with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at the time of publishing.

What types of vehicles does Tempus Logix ship?

Tempus Logix partners ship everything from new and classic cars to boats, motorcycles, off-road vehicles and heavy machinery.

Where is Tempus Logix available?

Tempus Logix is available in all 50 states.

Is Tempus Logix legit?

Tempus Logix and its partners have transported more than 30,000 vehicles nationwide, with over 55 million miles driven. The company is registered with the FMCSA as a broker and is available to customers throughout the U.S. For those who want a company that compares options from multiple carriers, Tempus Logix is a good possible starting point.

Tempus Logix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tempus Logix?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Tempus Logix had good communication, was timely, and was responsive. They were accommodating and provided very good service. They were reliable and I would highly recommend them. They brought the car straight to our other house and it was perfect.

Tempus Logix response

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are delighted by your awesome review. We really hope to work with you again in the future. If you want to book with us again, you know where to find us. -Michael

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I used Tempus to ship a vehicle that I bought that was not running. I also used them on a vehicle that I bought in Florida. I live in Virginia, and I didn't have time to go down there and get it. Pickup and delivery were great. Everything went as planned. Delivery was in a timely manner, and the condition was the same as they got it. It was a little bit dirty just from being outside, but that was not the driver's fault.

Tempus Logix response

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are glad that everything went as planned and the vehicles that we shipped for you were delivered in good condition. We hope to work with you again in the future. Thank you! -Michael

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I purchased a vehicle online on eBay and through uShip. Tempus Logix was one of the shippers that did the transport job. Setting up the transport was seamless. Tempus accepted the bid and they coordinated and found their driver. They picked the car up in Upstate New York and it was here in Fort Worth, Texas the next day. It was shipped 1,700 miles and I was surprised they got it here that fast. I ship a lot of vehicles every year and this was one of the easiest I've done in a while.

I have the driver's contact info and I was able to get ahold of him whenever I needed to. The car was a '51 Chevy pickup and this was Christmas present for my wife. I needed it stored in another location but what the driver had was my location. He called me two hours out and met me in a parking lot. We coordinated everything and I was able to put the car in storage. The car was exactly what we expected it to be. It was in great shape.

In the end, the price was dead on accurate. It wasn't the cheapest but having done this a number of times, you get what you pay for. Tempus was able to get the car quickly and that was the biggest thing. There were a couple of companies that offered less and several that were more. Tempus was right in the ballpark. Overall, it was their ability to execute the deal that made the price make sense.

Tempus Logix response

Thanks for your honest review, Ed. We're excited to hear you are satisfied with the service. We will be glad to do more and more jobs for you the same way we did this one!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

The rep at Tempus Logix was great. She replied to my text messages within five minutes or less. Anytime I had a question and they didn't know, they immediately figured it out. I had them drop the vehicle off at my parent's house, and everything went well. The driver kept me updated. Anytime he said he might be delayed, he called or texted me letting me know. He ended up showing up on time.

Tempus Logix response

Dear Seth,we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service,especially on the communication,will be happy to ship another vehicle for you.-Ann

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

The driver was an awesome guy. He picked up a white Ford F250 right outside of Chicago and brought it to us here. He called us when he was heading to pick it up. He picked it up and an hour later, he called and told me, "I have your load. I'll be there by 3 o'clock tomorrow," which was way ahead of what we thought it was gonna be. He was on time and polite. He had all his paperwork. He put an extra strap on the vehicle to make sure it was secure. I would use him again.

Tempus Logix response

Dear Mark,we are delighted to hear that the carrier handled your shipment way more than professoinally.-Ann

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I'm spending time in California for work and needed my car out here. I had this done by Tempus Logix and it was fine. Austin, Texas was the pickup and the drop-off was Santa Monica, California. That took five days. The driver was great.

Tempus Logix response

Wow, 1700 miles in just five days! It's very joyful to receive a 5-star review from one of our most communicative, understanding and accommodating customers. Hope to see you soon!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Tempus shipped my Jeep out of New York. They did what they said they were gonna do, and it got there at the time they said it was gonna get there.

Tempus Logix response

Dear Jason,we are delighted to hear that everything went to your liking and would be happy to make another shipment for you.-Ann

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

So far, so good. The vehicle was delivered as is within the timeframe they told me. It was a smooth service.

Tempus Logix response

Dear Robby,thank you for the review.We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the service and everything was in a timely manner.-Ann

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

They did a good job and the vehicle was undamaged.

Tempus Logix response

We appreciate you sharing your experience and are beyond excited to see you satisfied with our services! Looking forward to working with you again in the future! -Tempus Team

Tempus Logix Company Information