Call toll free
4.39/5
Based on 836 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ship Your Car Now aims to provide the best customer service while offering low prices and high quality transportation. We ship trucks or cars that are less than 7,000 pounds and is a street driven vehicle. If your vehicle weighs more than 7,000 pounds we have more options available, as well as, motorcycle and ATV shipments. If you have auto transport needs that are within the United States or internationally we will work with you to make sure you are taken care of. Ship Your Car Now specializes in Car Shipping, Auto Transport, Domestic Car Shipping, Car Shipping Rates, and International Car Shipping. Ship Your Car Now is ready to take care of you. Call us today!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1286 ShipYourCarNow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2018

I’m with a car dealership and we transport cars from auction to customers, and we have been using ShipYourCarNow for the last couple of months. There were some company changes here and we ended up having to get our own transporter instead of having an internal one set up. I use ShipYourCarNow exclusively at this time and work with Alex and he has been fine. Also, their cost is in line with the quality of service that they provide.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Having used ShipYourCarNow earlier, we used them again when we moved our car from Houston to Boston. We had very good experience with the customer service rep and booking the car went well. And we were given a reasonable quote too. The only problem was with the payment. They wanted to make the payment right at the beginning, before they even took the car. I called them about it but they said, "That's how we operate. Either you pay now or you pay at the delivery time." And with the delivery time, I could not make that agreement so I chose to pay at the beginning. But it was a very good cost for the service. Everything was done in four days and the car was in very good condition upon arrival. Also, dealing with the delivery driver went very well. And so, I would tell anyone interested in ShipYourCarNow that their price and service are good.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had a ’73 Volkswagen Thing in storage in Arizona that I needed to get back to North Carolina and from the two companies I looked at, I chose ShipYourCarNow for their consumer reviews. Their people were very knowledgeable and the representative I dealt with was very helpful. He set up a transporter to meet my scheduling requirements. But there seemed to be some confusion. When the customer service representative gave me the quote, we locked it in and I said that I would pay in cash when the guy gets here. But I got a call back the next day to say that I needed to pay their fee upfront. But at that point, I had not received the service yet. He said that he had talked to his supervisor and I had to pay their fee upfront because sometimes they have an issue with the transporters. That's really their problem though and I found that odd.

Also, I had already contacted the driver and everybody knew what they were supposed to do and the plan was in place when 12 hours later, a different representative came up to say that it needed to be changed. I already had a signed document from ShipYourCarNow saying what we were gonna do and they were changing the plan in the middle of it. It was very confusing initially. How would I know the driver knows that we needed to change the plan? But it worked out fine.

ShipYourCarNow also put an additional $300 on the price. The quote was consistent with some of the other quotes that I had received but at the finalization of the transport, the price increased by 25%. I wasn’t told that that might happen and I was a little bit disturbed with that. I didn’t change any of my variables but they did. They said they couldn't ship it and that it was gonna cost a certain amount more.

Although I thought the situation was handled poorly initially, I don’t think it was ShipYourCarNow's fault as much as it was the Mother’s Day weekend. Plus it got fixed in the end. I had a positive experience overall but if I ever need to ship a car, I would go with the particular transporter that I got. Pace Transporters was very good. The car arrived after four days and in good condition. The gentleman was here on time like he said and he was a wonderful young man. He was very helpful and nice.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We were moving from Southern California to the Central Coast and I didn’t trust that my truck would make it all the way up to Paso Robles without breaking down. I looked at three transport companies and chose ShipYourCarNow for their reasonable price, speed and timing for picking up the truck. The reps answered all of my questions very efficiently, and they were very good. I would recommend them. The driver also got my truck to the house on the day and the approximate time he was supposed to.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I needed to have my Jeep Cherokee taken from one location to another and nobody was able to drive it that far. I looked at three different transport companies and ShipYourCarNow has the lowest price. The interaction with the rep was good. However, I didn't feel like he was communicating back to me very frequently and it kept me sort of unknowing what was happening. I had to constantly call him to find out what's the status. There could've been more from him to me just so I know that he's actively working on it. It would also be nice to have some information so I knew that he still was actively trying to look for somebody after the deadline because I had to have the car shipped on one of two days and then I left and didn't know he was still looking for somebody.

The deadline came and went and they didn't call me and apologized that they couldn't do it. But the next day, they called me and said they finally found somebody so we went ahead and did it. Also, the guy who picked up the car was great, very professional and he was on time. Everything there with him worked out fine. I'd go with ShipYourCarNow again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShipYourCarNow?

Original review: May 24, 2018

I needed to transport a 1972 Corvette convertible from Crystal River to Lake Mary, Florida. I looked at two different transport companies. The first one looked expensive so I started digging around and figured out that was way out of line. And then I called ShipYourCarNow and they were considerably less expensive. The agent who I spoke to was very personable and very accommodating that's why I decided to go with them. Overall, the customer service of ShipYourCarNow was great. However, there was a change with the quote I originally received. Even so, the final cost was fine.

However, I was disappointed when the driver contacted me and said he was going to be at the dealership right before they even opened. And then I didn’t hear from him for several hours. I wondered where the car was. I was just getting ready to call him when he pulled up. He said that the dealership had a problem finding the vehicle. A family member owns the dealership and the vehicle came to be on the dealership in the service department because their father had passed away and there were some repairs done to it. It was part of the settlement of the estate so I don't know where they had tucked the car.

Nobody knew where the car was that's why it took several hours to resolve that problem and finally, it got here. Nevertheless, the driver was very nice and very professional and the equipment he had brought it down on was on the upper end scale. It wasn’t just some old nasty tow truck. He had a very nice operation and he represented the company well. I would tell my friends that if they needed their car shipped, they should call ShipYourCarNow.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was in school in Hawaii and I was moving back home to Florida. It was last minute that I was shipping my car and ShipYourCarNow was one of the first ones that I saw online. I called them and their customer service was okay. Also, I knew it'd be expensive to ship from Hawaii back to the mainland, so, the quote I received from them was fine. Then, I was able to communicate with them through phone calls. But they didn’t drive all the way into my complex and just dropped off my car in front of it. I had to go meet them there and I was wondering why because my complex has a wide land. So, I was a little annoyed with that. Plus, they didn’t call much to give me any updates and I had to call them.

The transport took about three weeks and I was told when my car was coming. But when it arrived, a charging cord in the middle compartment was missing. I also saw two scratches on the car. I feel like the price could be a little bit cheaper based on the quality of service. I would tell friends to search around to see if there are any other companies and compare them with ShipYourCarNow.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I needed a car to be shipped. I looked at three transport companies and I decided to go with ShipYourCarNow. They brought the car in and dropped it off at their body shop, which took five to six days. My interaction with their rep was great and the quote that I was given was accurate.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I've used ShipYourCarNow five different times in the past for cars and stuff. The price was fair and they've always been good, except for this time. My black Tahoe was transported from Vail to Denver, and the window got broken in and the car was scratched. It was their fault and the carrier took full responsibility. The car was in Denver at some random lot, and they were gonna fix the window there then ship it back and they told me it would be three weeks. I said that I needed my car and three weeks was ridiculous for it to sit in a random lot. I don't know where my car was and I have at least $20,000 worth of stuff in it.

I finally told them to just ship it then I would get it fixed when I get here and send them all the bill. The guy said that it would work. So after a week and a half of sitting there, they finally shipped the car and I got it fixed. Then I tried to call the guy five times. I got the receipt like he told me so I could get reimbursed 'cause he swore to me that he would do it and he hasn't called me back. So obviously, it was pretty bad. It was a good communication until it's time for them to pay.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I'm relocating for a job change and needed to ship my car for around 2,000 miles. I got a call from ShipYourCarNow's sales representative and then I went with them. ShipYourCarNow started with a lower quote and then somehow they were not able to find somebody. And then when they did, it was past the time that I was expecting the car to ship. I finally had to reach back and tell them any place was fine, and then they found a different one. The estimation part could have been a little better run. The pick-up timings were also getting pushed. But when they delivered my car at home, I was completely satisfied. And I would definitely recommend ShipYourCarNow.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I needed to get a 1989 Mustang from Austin, Texas to Conyers, Georgia. I was looking for average price and somebody who could do it for me in a good time period and I went with ShipYourCarNow. I talked to Ron and he was courteous. I just told him when I wanted the car and he did everything in a timely manner. His customer service was good. The delivery was really quick and they came a few days earlier, which was a bit unexpected and last minute but everything else was fine. The driver gave a day that he would be here and ended up showing up extra early. The communication between me and the driver needed improvement. Other than that, I’d definitely recommend ShipYourCarNow.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I looked at about ten other companies, read reviews and ShipYourCarNow had the best ones. I was moving my Ford Escape 2014 from Alabama to Arizona so I called them and they explained how the process worked. They also explained how the payment worked then I forgot so I called again and they repeated it one more time. I called in on Thursday because the pick up was gonna be on a Saturday and I wanted to make sure that it was gonna be on that day. The office will be closed and the driver of the truck will call me. He did and he was vey nice. The quote was fair and it wasn't expensive compared to the competitors. Also, the final cost was very close to the quote.

We set-up a day for the pickup and I went to Target to meet the semi. The driver of the semi took the time to explain everything to me. He loaded my car and he sent me a text every day that things were going well. I was getting called and was kept updated. I was not even in Arizona when he got here but he parked it in the parking lot that belongs to me in my new place. I was expecting that the whole transport would take six days but it only took four. When my car arrived, it was dirty because of the road but nothing was broken. It was such a nice experience and it was pretty easy. There was a lot of communication and I would definitely use ShipYourCarNow again in the future.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My daughter needed her car back, so I shipped it out to her. I went on the Ship Your Car Now website and got five different offers. I thought it was a fixed all-inclusive fee, but what started out as $650 all of a sudden was $800. When I went to book it, the rep Abe said that was the only thing he could find for that day. My daughter was having her child that day, so I had them just drop the car off in the driveway. When the truck got up there, it was $850. There was an apparent disagreement between Abe and the truck driver and it was a little frustrating. Abe offered to reimburse the 50 bucks, but I haven't seen anything on that. Beyond that, from the service perspective, it was fine. Both Abe and the driver were fine to deal with. But what I wanted was a fee that included everything. I didn’t want this thing plus add-ons and totals. I just wanted to know what the cost was.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I used ShipYourCarNow a few months ago for a different car and that transport went fine, so I used them again. This time, I needed a car shipped because the car was being sold to someone who was not where I live. The transport organizer was prompt and very professional. He communicated properly and I was satisfied. But communication with the driver was unremarkable and we didn't communicate. I didn’t know that the car was being picked up and I was surprised that he was there at my house. We worked that out, but that was definitely an issue because, without his informing me beforehand of his arrival, why would he expect me to be in my residence at 11 in the morning on a Tuesday? Other than that, the initial quote was fine and it matched the final cost.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I needed to move a golf cart from Palm Spring to Sacramento and looked at two different companies before selecting ShipYourCarNow. They got it done for the same price and didn't take too long to do it. Their representative took care of everything I needed them to. He did what he said, sent me the documentation and gave me the price fee that he quoted and got the move handled. Also, their driver was very nice and professional, and the golf cart was in good shape when he unloaded it.

Original review: May 20, 2018

When we were moving the car was in North Carolina and we needed it to go to Colorado. A friend of mine had used ShipYourCarNow. We liked their reviews and their quote was competitive. Their rep did his job and he was good. I ran the shipping in and it took about an hour, then the car was delivered in six days and the driver that picked it up was excellent. I would recommend ShipYourCarNow.

Original review: May 20, 2018

My experience with ShipYourCarNow was good. We purchased a Mercedes E-Class from Ohio. We’re in Connecticut and we need to get it here. We looked at a lot of transport companies and decided to go with ShipYourCarNow. The rep at ShipYourCarNow talked to me and he explained how other companies work, why they are cheaper and what they’re gonna do with my car. The quote that they provided was very reasonable and I actually ended up paying less.

However, the delivery of the car was delayed for almost a week because the truck's transmission blew. And it wasn’t just my car that had been delayed but every car that was on that truck. But we understood. The driver had to fix his truck Nonetheless, the car arrived and it was great. We made sure that we can meet somewhere, which is open. The car was dirty on the outside but everything in the vehicle was working. We inspected it before taking it in. With ShipYourCarNow, you get a good deal for what you’re paying. If you go to anything cheaper, you don’t know what you’re dealing with or how sketchy it is.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I needed to ship a vehicle from Fort Myers Beach to Howell, Michigan and the price quoted by ShipYourCarNow was fairly reasonable. Another company that I looked into previously was dishonest. On the other hand, everything was perfectly fine ShipYourCarNow and I am very happy with them.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I had been using ShipYourCarNow for the last year and a half for other stuff, but this time I wasn’t very impressed. I had to haul some specialty trucks for our business at a couple of states. One shipment was 1300 miles away for 18 hours, and the other one was to Salt Lake City, which is nine hours away. This was the only time I needed deadlines and we missed them by a week both times. Before this contract started up, they had missed a delivery date by a couple of days, but the deadline wasn't strict that time.

I called the contact that I had always used and he said he was trying. There were no trucks available on the East Coast that ShipYourCarNow had access to so once they got me a truck a week and a half later I just wanted it there in their place till I would be using them. There was also a little bit of a hiccup on one of them and it was a week later that he finally got me a truck. Though that truck should have been available on a Saturday, I was using the truck by Monday. And everything was there when the trucks arrived. Also, it was good dealing with the driver and I would use them now, so I got his personal number.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I was changing locations with my job and needed to ship my vehicle. I had another company, and they said that they'd put my truck up on the board to get it picked up. No one took it so I called up ShipYourCarNow. Sean quoted everything and I put a down payment. He picked up my invoice and said that the best he could do was take the car up to Hagerstown, Maryland which was about three hours away. He picked it up that day. He also told me that if I called him a couple days earlier, he could’ve picked it up at my front door, but I didn’t know. He dropped it off at Maryland then it was shipped out and I got on the road with my other car and drove to Olathe Kansas.

The delivery driver dropped the vehicle off and he was super nice. I paid him the rest in cash and he went on his way. So it worked out great. Sean saved me in the time of need and I’ve got nothing but praise. I’ve known we’re gonna be moving here the next couple of months again, so I may have to give him a callback and schedule the next one.

Original review: May 18, 2018

ShipYourCarNow is a good company to use. My brother moved to Houston and he had to get his car back because he bought a new car. He had to ship a Nissan Altima. Since I have used them in the past, I didn't look at somebody else. While the representatives are okay, at times, the driver didn't call when he was close by. But they kept me informed because he came a whole day early. Moreover, the delivery was fine and the cost was reasonable given that Texas is a long way. Overall, ShipYourCarNow did a good job. I suggest though that they should have better communication with the actual recipient.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and had it transported by ShipYourCarNow. I had a good experience with their rep when I contacted them. Also, the cost of the service was about $200 and it was fine. The only thing that I didn’t like was I was told that the car be picked up that night and then it was the next day. The driver picked it up at morning and got to me about 12:30 that night. It took 10 hours to transport the vehicle which was fine. Then, when the vehicle arrived, its condition was great.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We’ve done several ShipYourCarNow before. I work for a business and they were the one that we recommended. I had them transport a limo to San Antonio, Texas. Jay, the representative, was great. He was very timely and got everything done for me. Everything was timely, but the trip back was absolutely unacceptable for the price that we paid, which was high. ShipYourCarNow sent a truck that wasn’t able to take the limo and they had to use a forklift to put the vehicle on there. And when they got the vehicle to the customer’s house, they told him that he would have to help them get the vehicle off, which is not right at all.

He also tried to tell the shop when he picked up the vehicle from Texas that they had to help him put the car on the truck because he didn’t have the right truck. I don’t think that the customer should have to put the car on there or do anything at all, or the shop in that regard, because it’s his truck, and ShipYourCarNow sent the truck and they knew what truck they were sending. The shop talked to the driver and they said that their interaction with the driver wasn’t very good. The guy was nice but at the same time asking a customer to help him unload the car was ridiculous. They should send the right truck for the right job and not ask the customer to do anything.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The car broke down in the middle of Kentucky while I was making a delivery for our business and we’re in Florida. I looked at a bunch of different companies then and I found one with a really good price. I tried to go with that company but after a month of being jerked around, they ended up not shipping it and that was when I chose ShipYourCarNow. And they got it to me within a couple days so I was really happy with them.

The customer service rep, Shawn, was super helpful. He called me the next day after getting a quote and was like, “Hey. If you want to ship your car, we have someone going that way and get it to you now.” And I was like, “No. Because this other place is cheaper.” And then so a month later when I called back, I was like, “Hey. Can you ship my car?” And he was like, “Yes.” ShipYourCarNow's quote was more expensive than the other quote that I got. But aside from that it was a great experience. They got the car here and that was important. And the quote they have given initially was what I ended up paying. I was happy with it.

Plus the delivery was super nice. He stuck around and waited for me to figure out where I wanted to put the truck because it’s still not running now. So that was helpful. The truck was shipped 3 days tops. But it ended up being received in the next day because we weren’t here. If I need to ship a car again I will definitely be calling Shawn back.

Original review: May 17, 2018

ShipYourCarNow did a good job transporting a golf cart from Southern California. The delivery took about less than a day and a half, which exceeded my expectations, and it was really convenient. Their customer service was great and the guy who I talked to was really on top of it. He got back to me right away and called me right before it came, and the vehicle's condition was all good. Also, their quote was reasonable and on the money upon delivery, and I would tell others to go to ShipYourCarNow.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I bought a car from Manheim Auctions and I needed it to get transported. I then looked in the Cedar Rapids area on Google. ShipYourCarNow was $100 below the two guys Manheim tried to provide me and the guy I contacted out of Chicago, but another company was cheaper than them. However, that company lacked professionalism and I didn't trust them. Also, even if ShipYourCarNow was cheaper than wine, the one who sold me to them was their rep. He was so informative. He took time to explain a bunch of stuff and since I'm new to buying and just fixing cars, he explained to me that if someone is trying to get mine upfront, it's a case of fraud and if the terminal was legit.

He held my hand and basically taught me how to buy transport and so now he’s got my business. He also followed up with me a couple of times after we got the cars dropped off to make sure everything was good and everything went down exactly just the way he said it would go down. The guy who pulled our stuff had a smaller rig, a two-car trailer and it was very clean and nice. He dropped everything right in the front for us. Everything was set up perfect. We watch him on the vehicles together to make sure everything matched what Manheim had and everything was right on. The rep has followed up with me since then and I will continue to use their service if I buy anything coming out of the border of Chicago or Milwaukee.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Somebody gave me a car and I went on online and found some companies to do the transport for me. ShipYourCarNow had pretty good reviews so I went with them. My interaction with the rep was very good. He explained to me how the business works, that they are brokers and how they call the drivers and see which reputable drivers could give me a good price. The driver was very good too. He brought the car and made sure that we got it. And, the quote that they gave me was around the market average. Everything went well and I feel good about the entire process.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I bought a Mustang that was shipped from Indiana to New York by ShipYourCarNow. The rep was quick and explained everything. However, the driver was outsourced from another place and it was hard to communicate with them. I was trying to figure out where the car was to get dropped off and they were supposed to come the day before but came the next day. I was trying to plan out where else I can leave the car, but that was the only hard part and everything else was good. The transport took two or three days from when they picked it up and that's fine. There was no damage to the vehicle when it arrived.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We had a local customer who has a place in California. When he was out there, he needed a new vehicle, so I had to have somebody that could get the car from Illinois to California quickly. We then had ShipYourCarNow do the job. Everything went smoothly and we paid them the original quote. However, it wasn't picked up on the time that we were promised. They told us that they would be picking up the car on a Monday but they ended up coming on a Thursday.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I looked at two or three companies and saw ShipYourCarNow's rating and picked them. I had a great interaction with their sales rep. He explained clearly to me about how it was going to be while moving from Texas to Florida. Plus, the quote was reasonable and good. The delivery went smoothly. I was not there in the city, but still, the driver delivered the car to my apartment and gave the keys to my leasing office. It was an excellent experience. However, I didn’t get a proper receipt because I had paid $250 to ShipYourCar and I paid $400 cash to the driver. I've referred a friend to ShipYourCarNow.

ShipYourCarNow expert review by Lauren Fix

ShipYourCarNow offers international and domestic vehicle shipping, with 24/7 customer service. They promise consumers fast shipping, an easy quote process and reliable service.

• No upfront payment: ShipYourCarNow doesn’t charge an upfront fee for service. They find a driver who will commit to your vehicle move at the price you are quoted before you pay anything.

• Budget-friendly options: ShipYourCarNow can help you find the most affordable option to ship your vehicle, so you can have your car, truck, motorcycle or ATV safely delivered without overpaying. Call for a free quote, and talk to a representative to find out the best options for your situation.

• International shipping and transport: Ship your vehicle overseas using ShipYourCarNow’s international shipping service. They will work with you to make sure your vehicle arrives safely and in a timely manner. Read their thorough guide online to make sure your vehicle is ready for international shipping. Online tracking is available with most overseas shipping jobs.

• Heavy machinery shipping: In addition to shipping vehicles of all types, ShipYourCarNow also specializes in heavy machinery shipping. They can also ship containers. Contact them to find out more.

• Classic car shipping: Shipping a classic car has different requirements than shipping other types of vehicles. ShipYourCarNow can ship your classic car using enclosed vehicles, high-security seals and full-car covers.

• Best for: Out of state movers, international movers and classic car collectors.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ShipYourCarNow Company Information