3.7/5 (307 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Pep Boys Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pep Boys?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pep Boys?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

The day before Christmas ever and Adam was there to helped me! He was very professional and change both my brake lights and he filled the tire tire pressure! I will be returning anytime I need anything done to with my car. Thanks Adam.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Store Manager Mike told me he was shorthand and he would try to keep my appointment. 2hrs later Hayden stopped what he was doing and exchanged my tire. Corporate please recognize your two employees with a bonus and or paid time off for their expertise and kindness. Daniela **.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The Pep Boys service center I visited had friendly and knowledgeable staff that was able to give me an accurate time estimate for a battery replacement for my vehicle. The prices are in line and reasonable within the industry with a no frills, no up-sell on services. They are among the very few service centers I can trust short of going to the manufacturer's dealership.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Fast service, reasonable prices, friendly and professional. I have always had great service at Pep Boys. I recommend them for all your automotive needs. Pep Boys has everything you might need from tires to seat covers. A+.

Original review: June 10, 2021

It was a pleasure working with Pep Boys on 57th Ave in Hialeah. I had the privilege of working with Alberto **. He had great customer service and made my experience quick and easy. I would recommend pep boys to anyone looking for new tires.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Arrived early for an oil change and was told I would be first. Two hours later they finally had my car ready from the oil change that should’ve taken them like 10-15 minutes to do. None of the people working behind the counter seemed too concerned I was there for two hours. Seemed like they forgot about me!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Although I have done business with the Davie FL location on numerous occasions, my last experience with their rude disrespectful service rep Andrew and the subsequent follow up with the manager Jose has ensured that I will not be doing business there again!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Their motto should be "If it ain't factory, we won't touch it." Got the lifetime alignment for my vehicle. Was told initially that the alignment was done, but my tie rods needed to be replaced. 6 months later it came time for inspection. Lo and behold I need 2 new front tires because the toe was way off. Destroyed a good $500 pair of tires because they didn't do the alignment at all. Recently had to replace the suspension because of a broken spring. They will now no longer honor the alignment agreement because it's not "factory specs". Don't ever take your car here.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

Required new radiator and tube up for a Chevy Sonic. Went to Hasbrouck Heights location and they said it would cost $2700 to fix. After 7 hours it was ready and seemed fine until it began leaking coolant. Brought it back and they said an O ring was bad when they put it in so they fixed it at no cost. Seemed fine after a few days then coolant started leaking again and they wanted $260 to fix a hose from the reservoir to the heating block. They never checked this hose. Had a local guy do it for less and he even showed me the part. You would think that hose replacement would be part of the new radiator install. They want money and don't care about service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I ordered tires from TireBuyer.com and had them shipped to the Manchester, CT location. I called Pep Boys and booked an appointment for 5:30pm 12/27. When I arrived to the location, I spoke to the cashier who was polite but said she didn't see an appointment for me. She called her manager, Dorian, who he seemed very annoyed and inconvenienced that I came in for service. He told me to come back another day since he didn't see an appointment for me. I showed him my appointment confirmation and told him I wouldn't be able to come back due to my work schedule and plus I seriously needed new tires. He became even more annoyed and went to the backroom for a few minutes. He eventually came back and told me the tires weren't in the store.

I immediately called TireBuyer and they confirmed that the tires were in fact delivered and signed by the manager, Dorian. I told Dorian that TireBuyer confirmed the delivery and his signature of receipt and he became very defensive and said the tires must have gotten lost. At this point, I've wasted enough time in the store and I asked TireBuyer for a refund but they weren't able to process a refund just yet since they needed to call FedEx and the Pep Boys store to figure out what happened. I ended up leaving the store without new tires and without a refund. Today I'm driving around with bald tires, which one of them has a nail in it, while there is ice on the roads all because my tires got lost in the Manchester Pep Boys. I will be going to the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint with the commissioner's office if a resolution isn't reached.

Pep Boys author review by Lauren Fix

Pep Boys started in Philadelphia in 1921 when four friends started a business to meet the growing demand for automobile parts. Almost 25 years later, the company opened its first service center. Today, they have over 800 locations across the United States and in Puerto Rico.

• Sales: Customers can visit Pep Boys’ website or visit a store to pick up weekly and monthly ads to see the sale prices for items and services. They can also print coupons to use in the store.

• Rewards program: Pep Boys’ free reward program gives members some free services and a variety of discounted services, including reduced-fee towing to a Pep Boys location. Members earn points on every purchase they make at Pep Boys, which can be spent of future services or products.

• Online resources: Those interested in DIY car maintenance can visit Pep Boys’ website to learn about how to buy a variety of parts for their vehicles, how to perform repairs themselves and how to determine what is wrong with their car.

• Price match: Pep Boys will match the advertised price of any item sold by or similar service performed by a competitor.

• Online scheduling: Customers can schedule a service center appointment online. Same day appointments are often available.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Pep Boys Company Information