3.9/5 (576 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Pep Boys Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pep Boys?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pep Boys?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

The day before Christmas ever and Adam was there to helped me! He was very professional and change both my brake lights and he filled the tire tire pressure! I will be returning anytime I need anything done to with my car. Thanks Adam.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Worst customer experience ever. Ever since the company doesn't sell parts in stores, their customer service is horrible. Will never purchase any product or service from them ever again. They definitely do not care about customers.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

My husband & I took our car that's been sitting for 4 years. We made an appointment with Pep Boys. They did a diagnostics test on the car. The mechanic told my husband it was going to cost $4100 to fix it. Everything that Pep Boys said what was wrong & needed replaced was replaced right before we parked it. We decided not to go with Pep Boys, we was charged $175 for the diagnostic test. The lady said the price is a little higher. We went to start the car to leave & the car wouldn't start. Popped the hood & someone loosen the battery cable to the battery & caused the battery to stop working. I talked to a friend & he said Pep Boys done the exact same thing to him. I wonder how many times they have done this to customers & price gouging customer.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

I scheduled an appointment to get new tires, an installation, and a wheel alignment. I paid for everything online and booked my appointment for 8am. I dropped it off. They told me it would take 3 hours, so I went home. It was 3pm and no call still so I called around 4:15pm and they told me they still had a car in front of mine!!!! I was instantly annoyed since I had an scheduled appointment at 8am. So they had my vehicle for over 8 hours and haven’t even looked at it. So I was still cool. Said, "Ok so will it still take 3 hours." They told me no it would only take about an hour, because the men move fast so that was great news. Then an hour later she calls and says that they can’t find my tire key so they couldn’t do my car!!!! So I wasted a whole day, my money and time for nothing.

They didn’t even call me. I had to call them to keep checking on my car's status. Then when I go to pick my car up they were so rude to me as if I did something wrong. I told them that I just got my brakes and rotors changed and they had to take the tires off for that service so it had to be in there! So yeah 9 hour day without my vehicle. Me and son couldn’t go anywhere and get nothing accomplished. I just think it was really Rude of them to waste my time and honestly not even try to think of another solution to get my tires changed, and then to not apologize is like a slap in the face. Rude staff all around especially Nicole!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I brought a fairly new battery (9/2020) with a 30 month warranty into a “Pep Boys” service outlet, an authorized dealer of Champion Batteries. They found the battery “unstable” which explained my “bad battery/reversed polarity” reading when I attempted to trickle charge it. However, this simple warranty claim on an advertised 30 month warranty turned into a convoluted battle with their warranty department erecting barriers to processing the claim. I provided the battery, the battery manufactured date and the test results yet Pep Boys remains stuck on the production of a two year old receipt. This is not how successful companies back up their products. Worthless warranty by Pep Boys and Champion Batteries.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I moved to FL one year ago. I’ve used Pep Boys for my oil changes because it was convenient, not because it was recommended. Neighbors and friends in the area recommended elsewhere because of their poor experiences. They did admit that it had been a while, so maybe things were different. Again, I gave it a try because of convenience. I had no issues until this situation, which is the most bizarre experience I’ve had in my 23 years of owning cars.

On August 28th, I walked into Pep Boys and explained to Jesus, who I understand is the manager, that I was driving from FL to NJ for an extended visit, and wanted a set of new Pirelli PZero tires. I also made an appointment at this time to drop the car off during a business trip a week later, so that I didn’t go without my car while I was in back in FL.

I picked up my car on September 8th and took it home. On the 24th, I made my drive up to NJ. When I arrived on the 26th, after a car wash, my father immediately pointed out that he didn’t think I had gotten new tires. My father has been collecting cars for his entire life, and I told him I was not sure what new tires would look like, but that I would call and make sure Pep Boys actually changed them for me and didn’t just rotate the same ones. He assured me they weren’t new and to call.

I called and spoke with a manager named Steve who asked me to send photos of the tires. I took them and emailed them over, saying in my opinion, maybe the two back ones were new, but what do I know? They were clean so I’m not sure if I could tell. I didn’t hear back from Steve so I called back on October 1st to see what he thought. He said that he wanted me to go to a Pep Boys nearby and have them take a look and have them call him back. I could not do it that night, so I went the next day. I went to Pep Boys store 711 in NJ.

I walked in and asked the man behind the counter to look at my tires, and told him my situation. He came out and measured the tread in the tires and told me the tires weren’t new. I called Steve immediately and asked Peter if he would speak to him. He did. Peter told Steve he looked at the tires and they were not new. He also called another gentleman out of the garage (I did not get his name) and after looking at the tires, he said they were not new tires. Steve was very apologetic, and said he would be in touch after they looked at the cameras to see what happened. I told him I was making the drive again in November, and I just wanted new tires before then. It wasn’t a rush. I wasn’t being a jerk. Mistakes happen.

But then I went another week not hearing from anyone, so I called Steve to see what was going on this past Saturday, October 9th. Steve said they checked the cameras and the guys did change my tires. I told him I am really not concerned anymore with what his camera shows, since clearly, they are not new tires. I get that my father’s expertise doesn’t count, but the manager I went to in the Pep boys in Pompton plains, as well as another gentleman in the garage, told them they measured and they weren’t new tires. THIS IS WHAT THEY TOLD ME TO DO. I told him I was frustrated and this is getting ridiculous. Steve said that Jesus the manager would be calling me first thing Monday morning to discuss it. (Oct 11th.)

On October 12th. I had not heard back from anyone. I was ready to put this everywhere online to save people the trouble I had, but then thought maybe instead of writing a scathing review I should contact corporate. I spoke with someone who said they would get the area director involved. That was 1 month ago. I was told the area director in Central Florida was handling it, and I would get a call back soon. IT'S NOVEMBER 21st- I NEVER HEARD BACK. I got new tires at another company before my drive down again to Florida, and they actually showed me the difference between my supposedly "new" tires which only had 2500 miles on them, and actual new tires. They were disgusted when I told them the story, and how Pep Boys across the board from FL to Corporate are liars who CLEARLY do not care about their customers or making any mistake right.

This is wrong, and it shouldn’t have taken this long to figure this out. I’ve done everything they’ve asked and I’ve just been treated like… yea no big deal whatever. They could've just refunded me the money for the tires and done what’s right. I’m not asking for pain and suffering, just what I’ve paid for and didn’t get. And how about ANYONE at this company be responsive. I'm sharing this story everywhere to warn people - STAY AWAY FROM PEP BOYS NO MATTER WHAT LOCATION!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Store Manager Mike told me he was shorthand and he would try to keep my appointment. 2hrs later Hayden stopped what he was doing and exchanged my tire. Corporate please recognize your two employees with a bonus and or paid time off for their expertise and kindness. Daniela **.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I am never returning and wish I could provide 0 or negative number of stars for the review. I went to the PepBoys near me regularly because it is so close to my house. However, I keep having multiple bad experiences and will never return. They first took out my cabin air filter and later realized they didn’t have a new one compatible with my car (which is a standard Nissan Versa). They threw out the old one so didn’t replace it and never told me so I drove around with no filter at all for months before realizing.

Then, I went again and set up an appointment for the first morning slot so I wouldn’t have to wait. The mechanic was an hour and a half late. Then, they claimed I needed new wiper blades but I had just changed them three days before. When I told them, they said, “oh yeah, you’re right.” The next day after the oil change, my car began and is still (now months later) making weird noises when I drive between 30-60mph. Lastly, I made an appointment for an oil change today at 9. They told me they were busy and wouldn’t be able to start service for about 2 hours. I pretty much returned today to ask what they had done to my car last time. I left and went to Mr. Tire and they are awesome and honest and helped me right away.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Took my vehicle in for an oil change at Pep Boys in Bartlett, Tn. Was told that it would be about an hour. At the 2-hour Mark I asked for my keys so I can leave and get to work. I was then told that it wouldn't be too much longer so I stayed. 20 minutes later I asked for the keys again and was told the oil pan screw had been stripped and I would have to get another which was on the way from the parts store. At this point it's pretty clear they're trying to keep me here for whatever reason. I watch the truck pull up with the part and 30 to 40 minutes later I was out.

Fast forward 2 weeks and my oil gauge is on empty. This is odd since I just got the oil changed. I don't see any oil stains in the driveway but I know previously oil was being burned quickly but not lost. So I take it back to pep boys and ask them to check it out because they were the last ones to touch it. they said it will be $45 to do a different kind of test involving oil pressure and things like that so I just left it with them to look at.

When I picked it up I was told that the pressure sensor and a couple other parts needed to be replaced to solve the issue of the low gauge and burning of oil. I declined the service to shop around a bit. Fast forward about a week and a half. I'm noticing oil stains in the driveway now which weren't there before. In addition to that, there's also a coolant leak from somewhere that wasn't there before.

Instead of taking it back to them I took it to a Jiffy Lube and had them look at it. The technician literally yelled "whoa!" From under my car. She explained to me that in addition to the oil filter being extremely loose, the oil pan gasket was loose as well as something else. They couldn't find where the coolant was coming from though. I called the store and spoke to Jimmy (Manager) and let him know what was going on and he actually tried to get me to bring it in. Told him I would not be coming back.

Sorry for the book but just had to be as detailed as possible to let people know to not take your car here! Either they are grossly incompetent or they're creating problems as they go to get more money. Either way you don't want this headache. Go somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

On 5/12/2021, I purchased 4 new tires which were supposed to be the same make and model. The tires are the same make but has different models. The work order number is ** of which I paid $379.55. During that same visit, I purchased a 12 month service agreement to have the tires aligned. That work order number is ** of which I paid $127.09. On 8/12/2021, I took my car in for an alignment and the tech's name is Jeffrey V. Not only did this tech not do an alignment but he also disabled my cooling fan. Now my car runs hot.

I have filed several complaints online and on 9/21/2021, I finally got a call from a ** who works out of the 1924 Skibo Road Fayetteville NC 283114 location. She said she will review the video and advised me to give her "a day" for review and she will call me back. Pamela advised me the case number of **. I never got a call back from her and I called her back on 9/24/2021 and I was told that she was not in that day. I was also told that she would be back on 9/27/2021. I called that location today and now being told that she will be in on Wednesday 9/29/2021. I received a call from Kevin from the Skibo Rd. location and he had me to bring the car in today 9/27/2021. Not surprising because Kevin did not resolve the issue.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I would give them negative stars if I could. Made an appointment for the 7 A.M. slot and had my vehicle towed to the shop the night before so it would be there. I hadn't heard from them by 11 A.M. so I called since all I needed was two tires. To be informed by the manager he didn't know where my vehicle was, what was going on with it, or where my keys were. He was rude and continued to tell me how he just got off vacation and wasn't aware what was going on at the shop, but he would call me back. An hour later I called back as he never got back to me for him to rudely state he was still looking. 8 hours later and numerous calls I still don't have my vehicle and the store is closed. No return call or explanation just empty promises. They are rude and unprofessional. Please DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE HERE!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The Pep Boys service center I visited had friendly and knowledgeable staff that was able to give me an accurate time estimate for a battery replacement for my vehicle. The prices are in line and reasonable within the industry with a no frills, no up-sell on services. They are among the very few service centers I can trust short of going to the manufacturer's dealership.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I bought four tires from Everett, MA store. The clerk, Andrew, said he couldn't find my tires, so he started to a marketing pitch for a more expensive one. When I said I am going to buy from somewhere else, he miraculously found the tires. In fact they were just in front of us all this time. :-) I said fine, the usual stuff. They started to work on my car. Then, Andrew said one of my pressure sensors was not working and they needed to replace it for $90. There was absolutely no problem with it before I came to the store. I said just put the old one. He said he can't, if I didn't want to buy a new sensor, then I needed to call a tow truck and get my car from the store. I said, "WTH, ok put a new sensor."

They finished the work but my pressure sensor was on. Andrew said it will turn off by itself by the time I go home. It didn't. Next day I took the car back to the store for the light issue. They did some stuff and it turned off. But the day after that it turned on by itself again. By the way, the tire pressures were fine. That happened three more times and each time I took the car back to the store, waited a couple of hours, they "fixed" it, and the next day the light was on again. No explanation why it was happening neither. Now I have 4 new tires and a car with a pressure light always on. I could have gotten the same tires from another store with the same price. Never Pep boys again!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I had very bad experience with Pep Boys. I visited them to perform my Transmission Fluid and Brake Flush service for my Honda Pilot 2019. They changed this oil and perform this service. Because of COVID I was not using much my Pilot. Recently I pulled my Car to go for Vacation. I just drove around 100 miles and after that it was starting showing a light Transmission Fluid Too Hot. I came back to Honda and they found that Pep Boys put wrong Transmission Fluid as well Brake Fluid which screwed my Transmission. It ruined my transmission as well as my Family Trip. I will never recommend Pep Boys to anyone. Also I contacted Pep Boys customer service. They mentioned, "Somebody will contact you in 24 hours" but nobody contacted in a Week also.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Put in my car for a alternator on Friday 7.30 in the morning and now it's Saturday almost night and I still don't have my car. Bad service. :( Very expensive. Take too long! I think I will never go there again. Torture to me

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Fast service, reasonable prices, friendly and professional. I have always had great service at Pep Boys. I recommend them for all your automotive needs. Pep Boys has everything you might need from tires to seat covers. A+.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

For a two-week period of time I went to my car to double check on my car. Because the 1st time I came to check on my car ALL my doors were unlocked. After I locked all my doors and then returned a 2nd time, days later, Again, ALL of my doors were unlocked. This 3rd time that I visited, I found ** in my car and nothing in my trunk because it was stolen, and the 2 front doors were unlocked.

I smelled ** inside of it and found a cup with a ** blunt inside of it. Mind you this was the third time I came to check on the car, I had already visited Pep Boys twice, locked all my doors, and had found that every one of my doors were unlocked. When I came back to my car the 3rd time to find the ** stench and a cup with a blunt inside, including ashes all over my vehicle's center console. So, stolen items, illegal substances (and I work in Law Enforcement), and no concise answer to my car woes (the reason I took it there in the first place).... Then was called a liar by management when I brought it up to them.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Pep Boys has at some point decided to change their business model and stop selling parts and only have service centers. That in itself doesn't warrant a poor review, who knows why they did this but probably something about not making enough money at parts. At any rate I have been buying parts elsewhere lately, lots of options, but I am sad to see that happen since they were often the best deal. What makes me mad is I had a failed hub bearing that was lifetime warrantied, that I had purchased from Pep boys a few years ago. Tried to get that replaced and after half an hour of getting transferred around, finally ended up on a customer service line that was barely understandable due to their person barely speaking English and the connection being so poor.

They explained the process to get the part warrantied is to reply to an email they sent providing details (including they want the original SKU on the box not just the receipt) and then I can mail it in, they will evaluate it and some time in the next month, if they deem it bad they will send me a new one. Provided everything is done correctly, meanwhile my vehicle can sit and wait for the part. Clearly this is an effort to make it so difficult that no one goes through the effort. I think I would prefer they at least had just started with telling me they have no intention of honoring their commitments. At any rate I will never use them again for anything and if this is how they run their business I strongly suggest you move on to use O’Reilly or Autozone or someone else who at least backs up what they sell.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I received a oil change and tire rotation, I had a semi long wait. Don't mind. But low tires pressure just not right as this could lead to uneven tire wear and tear, a blowout and definitely not good for suspension! As a tire and repair shop each mechanic should know these values and not to mention Pep Boys is a well known name, your job as a mechanic represents both, my front should have been set at 36 and rear at 33. My front was set at 30. Rear no issues. The last thing a person wants to do is drive to a gas station after paying $88.40 to adjust tire pressure, this never happened to me in my home town!

Original review: July 12, 2021

The service in this store PEP BOY AUTO #167 211 NW 82ND AVENUE MIAMI FL 33126 has gone in a free fall.. Last time oil change for a Corolla semi synthetic oil the clerk person named ** told me that the store has not semi synthetic oil...Then told me they did not replace the filter due to housing have been overtightened on the dealer and after 30% discount coupon they charged me $ 96.02...This is a robbery. Terrible customer service. The conditions of the store are dirty. Not organized. The employees looks tired. Not motivated. Please do not waste your time there. By the way Toyota dealer charges me $ 49 for the oil change...I could not go there today because they were full and today is my day off so I decided go there. This is not a Pep Boys store, is a Pity Boys...

Original review: June 24, 2021

Hello friends,

I did not get anywhere with Pep Boys Corporation regarding my complaints of the local store so I wanted to make you all aware. I been going to this location ever since I starting purchasing a vehicle. Buyer beware! Re: 1000 Columbus Blvd Philadelphia Pa 19148. I thought you should be aware of your corporate store's poor performance! I brought my vehicle twice to Pep Boys for a rear driver side suspension clanking noise when hitting bumps. I had an early appointment. I was told the vehicle would be needed all day. Never have I had to wait all day (until 5 pm) especially with an appointment early in the morning at opening. Both times head mechanics could not diagnosis a problem with the suspension. Even after taking a test drive with one mechanic and hearing the noise.

I had no choice but to take the vehicle to the dealership and within one hour diagnosed the problem, had me a look at the current alignment, which was 3 degrees off, gave me a cost to repair and a repair time. I was given a loaner by the dealership because my vehicle was unsafe to drive. The parts needed to be ordered. Upper control arm, left lateral arm and a new dampener/shock. Not only that but the first time they parked my vehicle in a handicap parking spot. Ticket tow area? The second time I also ordered a new tire and during the install my rim was scratched, and left with plenty of tire lube and never wiped off. Unacceptable!

Last year, I had an oil change service and they did not tighten the nut, the next day I drove my car to my job in King of Prussia and while I was at work the oil leaked out and I had to have my car towed back to Philly for them to service the vehicle. I was reimbursed however these issues are mounting up at this location and definitely needs to be overseen by someone in the corporation. I recently traded in my vehicle, and the Carfax indicated the last time my vehicle was serviced they recorded my mileage 30,000 miles less than what it was supposed to be. Be warned, this location is bad news. Sorry if you work there. But, I tried to make Corporate aware of these things directly and got nowhere.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Took my car to Bordentown to get car fixed. 4th time still getting stranded even after buying a battery. Refused them after being stranded again and advised by Area Manager, "We will get your car back fixed." They set me up with N. Brunswick store who had better attitudes as I refused to go back to other store - nice staff. But after releasing my car to me I reported the issue of car still slowing down because of a 3 wire prong for alternator I was told. They said it was broken and repaired with special glue. Why in hell was it released knowing this. Still waiting for a call over 2 weeks to fix my car. Area manager left a message saying they'll call me when it comes in. This will be the 7th time from May to now 6/16 my car was in for the same issue. I need a refund.. There is so much more to this story. 2nd review and still no call back to complete my repair.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I got an oil change in mid March at 222 Montauk Hwy. Lindenhurst, NY. Pepboys. The oil light went on momentarily and off again when I picked up my car. Almost 3 months later the oil light kept flashing, on turns and when stopping. I checked the oil, only to find that the dip stick was bone dry. When I called and told them. They told me that my engine internally was burning oil (3 qts in less than 3 months). Bring it in and they will give me a quote on fixing the internal leak in the engine!! What? Give my car back to people who are not responsible enough to do a simple oil change. No smoke out the back, no spots on the ground, and nothing was wet in the engine compartment. I had to put 3 quarts in. And surprise!!!! Not burning oil!! Not Leaking Anywhere!!

Original review: June 13, 2021

Let me start off by saying my daughter's car is currently sitting at the Pep Boys location in Clayton since it was towed there 5 weeks ago with no resolution to the problem. In October of 2019 we had my daughter's car towed to Pep Boys in Clayton. We were current customers and entrusted them with repairing my issues. I was it was the radiator and agreed to the $1,690 repair. While working on the radiator they damaged the engine. Due to their error the store paid for an engine. It took them over a month to fix while leaving the burden on me to figure out transportation.

Since 11/2019 we have returned to Pep Boys at least 8 times with issues related to the engine. I even took it to other mechanics who always referred me back to Pep Boys since it was their error with the engine. In May of 2021 the car just died and I had it towed to another mechanic since I had little faith in the Pep Boys in Clayton. The owner of the automotive place stated the engine was dead and there was not one drop of oil. We just had the oil changed the end of January and NC inspection the end of April (which they were supposed to do an oil change with inspection which they didn't). Maybe the oil was due to be changed but it shouldn’t have had no oil in there. There is no oil on my driveway.

I contacted corporate office after the other mechanic advised about the engine and opened a case. I called 5 different times over no one returning my calls and finally Eric at the local Pep Boys called me. He seemed to be nice but cannot stick to his word with calling back or giving me an estimate on a replacement engine. His boss agreed to pay half for a replacement engine and Eric advised over 10 days ago he would call me with numbers. Still no call, 5 weeks later since towed and no estimates as my daughter's car sits at the store.

I am amazed how I went in for a radiator and had a bad engine put in and somehow this has become my issue mentally and financially to deal with when I had good faith they would replace my radiator and not create a year and half worth of issues for me. Keep in mind every time we dropped it off over the last year and half the car would be there on a average of 3 days to repair. Of course that manager is no longer there and he never charged us for those issues or log into your system.

Either way the engine was bad that was put in, I didn’t ask for an engine and now no one is ethical or understanding to call me back to even resolve the issue. I have already made a complaint to Better Business about this and next will be the NC Consumer Affairs. I feel as a female and consumer they are taking advantage of me and I will not tolerate this. Emotionally this has worn me down but I will not allow this treatment to happen to others. It’s a shame how fast reputation can be affected over one issue that could have been resolved with returning calls and showing me some respect.

Original review: June 10, 2021

It was a pleasure working with Pep Boys on 57th Ave in Hialeah. I had the privilege of working with Alberto **. He had great customer service and made my experience quick and easy. I would recommend pep boys to anyone looking for new tires.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I would like to mention the recent bad experience at Pep Boys Carteret NJ. I bought four new tires from them recently and one of my tires recently got flat. Then I took to a local tire shop and they mentioned that they could fix flat but side holes on the tire related to manufacturing defect. When I came to the Pep Boys shop in Carteret to explain the issue they totally ignored my opinion and mentioned be no help. I am very disappointed from the service at Pep Boys Carteret NJ.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I utilized Pep Boys for an oil change in response to email coupon of 30% off, free tire rotation and tire pressure, free wheel alignment check/inspection and free vehicle inspection. I was told that the reservation was for a different store but he could take me here. I asked if he would contact the store or should I and let me know that I was dropping car off at store #376 instead and was told, “Don’t worry about it.” Turns out he never contacted the store and they are sending me communication about missed appointment and rescheduling.

He then told me I would be called when the car was ready but I didn’t receive any document/receipt, etc., showing services that would be rendered, typical of car repair/maintenance shops. I reiterated the above and he gave me back the coupon with all the services in the coupon and said, “Yes, yes, everything will be done.”

When I received the call that the car was ready (by the same person who took my keys), I asked if everything was done and was told yes. I asked if anything was amiss or noted and he said, “I’ll ask.” This raised a red flag because why would he have to ask when he should be able to look at the check list document and see what fluids were refilled, what the wheel alignment measurements were (and whether they were within specs) and the list of checked off inspections done (battery, brakes, etc.) with any issues stated.

He came back on the phone and said everything was fine. I inquired as to why he had to ask instead of looking at the sheet? I asked about the vehicle alignment? He said that if anything was wrong, they would have told him. I reiterated that there should be a checklist proving what was checked, that there should be measurements for wheel alignment check as this is not eyeballed as okay. I said I wanted that checklist so I know what was checked.

He said, they check the brakes. I said, “Is that all?” He replied, no, they check other things. I said I wanted the list of things checked. I said if I brought the car in without the oil change and paid for the vehicle inspection, what would I be paying for? And how did the wheel alignment get checked? He then rudely asked if I was having any problems with the car? I said that had nothing to do with the list of items checked or my current concerns. A vehicle inspection should be as thorough whether there are issues or not. He said, “YOUR CAR IS READY, COME GET IT.” And HUNG UP ON ME!

I contacted PepBoys corporate who informed me that there is a checklist and documentation should have been provided for everything. They contacted the store and wanted to speak to the store manager but he was unavailable. I was told that a priority message was sent that documentation be provided when I pick up the car and that the store manager would get back to me shortly.

I picked up the car. No documentation of vehicle inspection or wheel alignment check provided which is the reason I went to Pep Boys instead of Tires Plus a block away. I am furious as my wife is going on a long trip and she wanted peace of mind which I now can’t provide her. I will never use Pep Boys again and you can thank this store for it.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have 3 cars and took them to Pep Boys for tires..all 3 cars required to get new sensor for tires on all cars. No lights on before I took no tire light stays on..stole items out of car..Do not use them..

Original review: April 4, 2021

I had a knock in my right rear wheel area. I got an estimate for $2,600.00 which included brakes in front shocks, struts and many things else. I declined to have the repair done. The attendant convinced me to have the rear shocks replace only. After $482.33 I left with the exact knock, I wanted to be repaired. I went back to speak to the Manager and after he reviewed the matter he suggested that I spend only $1,300.00 more and the noise will be fixed. I will live with the noise. The store was in Apopka on No 2000 Hwy 436.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I had a slow leak on one of the tires on my car due to a puncture. I went to Pep Boys but they were booked up for the day. So, I made an appointment to go back the next day. With an appointment and after waiting for 2 hours, they couldn't get to my car. The reason they gave me was that they were waiting for authorization from Fleet. I had to leave for another important appointment but called Fleet myself to verify how long they would need to authorize a service request. They told me the authorization was given right away. Pep Boys lied but one of their associates actually cared enough to call me back at a later time telling that they finally got authorization from Fleet, and that I should go back the next morning 15 minutes before they open to get service right away.

Meanwhile, the slow leak worsened and my tire suddenly became completely flat. I had to put on the spare tire on roadside. I returned to the shop the next morning and was the first one in line but guess what, they told me that they wouldn't be able to get to my car and I must drop off my car. I wasn't going to leave my car with them not knowing when my tire would get fixed. Three trips to Pep Boys, two of which with appointments and one even with pre-authorization, my tire remained flat! Something is seriously messed up at Pep Boys and I am done with them for life!

Pep Boys Company Information