Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

Are you looking to obtain a vehicle service contract that will help protect your vehicle beyond your factory warranty? Omega Auto Care has helped thousands of clients pay what your factory warranty does not. Omega Auto Care offers several coverage claims and will pay for what is outlined in the coverage plan selected. Our benefits include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage, trip interruption, and more. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our coverage plans!

BOTTOM LINE

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of coverage options for extended auto warranties. Although there is no online quote process, Omega Auto Care's low costs, generous reimbursements and ability to cover older cars sweeten the deal.

PROS

• Small down payments
  • Wide-ranging plans
  • Covers older cars

CONS

• Confusing coverage options
  • No online quote process

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

I handed them the Omega card and told them I had protection. Then the dealership handled it all from there … The repair was all done in less than 24 hours too. I was given a rental car and that was covered as well ... All I had to do was pay the $100 deductible for a $1,300 repair.

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change ... I'm very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle.

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary widely, Omega Auto Care customers can expect to pay roughly $2 a day for their extended auto warranty. Prices vary based on the make, model, year and mileage of the car.

Like most other extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee in case a customer changes their mind about wanting an extended auto warranty. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for an extended auto warranty at other companies are typically $100 or more.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online process for requesting a quote from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to an Omega Auto Care representative to receive more information on the pricing for an Omega Auto Care warranty.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from least coverage to most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on their website.

Powertrain
  • Fuel system
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

*Omega Auto Care covers some repairs in this category, but not all

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care can cover cars with up to 250,000 miles and up to 15 years of age. This is on the higher end both in terms of mileage and in age. Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years. There are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles for coverage to kick in on your car. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department. Omega Auto Care customer service will be able to help you.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump starts. Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days for a total of $150. Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this. Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires. That’s up to $100 for each tire.

Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Do we recommend Omega Auto Care?

We recommend Omega Auto Care if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Their wide range of coverage options means you’re sure to find a plan that fits your needs. The reimbursements offered by Omega Auto Care are generous, even if the overall costs of the plans are average. Small down payments also make it easy to get started with a plan. Last of all, Omega Auto Care is a good choice for cars with high mileage, since Omega Auto Care can cover vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Omega Auto Care offered everything that another warranty offered at a better price. I got my powertrain and my electrical covered for the same price as I do for my powertrain for this other warranty company. Also, the first few batteries, my first set of breaks and a couple of other things were free. Those were things that I would eventually need to change. I was coming into a used vehicle and I didn't really know anything about it. The first three oil changes were free as well. So that helped out a lot.

I do my servicing through Burkins Chevrolet in Macclenny ‘cause I live in Baldwin. It's only about 15 minutes away from my house. I was hearing some noise in my vehicle and I asked them to check it to know what it could possibly be and see if it would be covered under my warranty with Omega. The tech found out that the tie rod ends were worn out. He also said that it was covered under my warranty. So they replaced it and I got my truck back. It was great. I also have had a couple of little issues with the truck and I’m really thankful that I have an extended warranty. I never was really big into extended warranties. But with the experience that I've had with my used 2500, they saved me money and all that that I would not have wanted to fork out. So the $3,000 that I've paid for has been a lifesaver.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I was really impressed with Omega Auto Care and I'm happy to have their type of protection plan. I've owned cars many times before and when the manufacturer's warranty expires, I've always ended up paying out of pocket astronomically for repairs. Also, monthly payments to Omega have been very reasonable. They fit perfectly into my budget. Every time I spoke with someone from there, customer service was amazing, even for simple questions. The reps were very professional and all of my concerns and needs were answered. When I drive my car, I have so much confidence because I have protection in case something breaks down I can take my vehicle to the dealership and get it repaired.

For my last claim, my headlight had gone out. My neighbor who is really good with cars checked it and said the bulb is ought. He replaced the bulb and less than five days later, the bulb went out again. I then thought there was something wrong with the wiring. When I took it in to have it serviced, the dealership was able to call Omega who then took care of the claim for me. They called me and told me that the dealership called them and told them what was going on. They reassured me that they already took care of everything in case the dealership would call and say something different.

Being a female, the dealership tried me. They called and told me this amount and that amount. I told them that Omega's rep already assured me that everything was gonna be taken care of. I called Omega back and they told me exactly what they were covering and what my bill would be. They said when the dealership calls me to pick up my car, all I would do is pay my $100 deductible. I would've had to pay this great big deal as opposed to paying a simple $100 deductible. That was amazing. Omega's reps are like attorneys who fight for me as their customer.

My Omega warranty is one of the best investments I've ever made. I will never own a car without having this type of protection again. It is like having health for your car. Since I've had it, I've been nothing but pleased. My coverage goes all the way up to next year and before it expires, I'm gonna buy it again. I've even told my family and friends about it.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was losing the current warranty that I had on my car, and I’d done some research online and saw that the Omega one was good. I’ve submitted one claim and I got pretty lucky. There were two things wrong with the car, one was the fuel sensor and the other was the transmission. The transmission, luckily, was still covered on the original warranty ‘cause I didn’t have as many miles on the car.

Omega was awesome. I got a couple of phone calls from them. They processed the claim and took care of their end. I have no complaints about Omega at all though the process took a while because of the way the car was. They thought they fixed it, then they realized they didn’t. But the original problem, the one that was covered by Omega which was the fuel sensor, took about 48 hours. It was pretty quick. The repair shop from Ford contacted Omega and let them know what it was. Then I got a phone call saying that they were gonna approve it. It was great customer service.

I work for the post office and we have a saying there called CYA (Cover Your **), and warranties cover you. You look at the payment month-to-month. Sometimes, you sit there and think, “What am I paying it for?” But at the end of the day, if something happens, for what the out-of-pocket cost is gonna cost you or for something that could be thousands and thousands of dollars, it’s definitely worth it. It gives you that peace of mind knowing that. My wife and I have one vehicle so if something happens, we need to have something fixed and fast and not costing us a mortgage or more. I’ve recommended Omega to people that work up at my office and a couple of other people are actually gonna be looking online.

Kevin,

Thank you for joining the Omega family. It sounds like the claim went very smoothly, which is great to hear. We appreciate the kind words, and you taking the time to share your experience.

Regards,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: March 13, 2020

Omega was better than some of the others that I had talked with. A fellow called and he made the warranty sound real good. It was advertising. But so far, it has been pretty good. The dealership told me that this was a pretty good warranty because most warranties don’t pay for a lot of stuff on the vehicles. In fact, I had one claim and it was great. I was having some problems with my car. It was showing that it was running hot and then I had this gas smell that had started. So I took it to the dealership and they told me it was the radiator.

Only thing I didn't agree with with Omega was that they had to change out the water pump that was making it run hot. Everybody knows once you change out a water pump, you have to change out the thermostat. But just because that thermostat didn't show that it was messing up, they didn't pay for that. That was $180 I had to pay out of my pocket. That’s the bad experience I had with it. Everything has to show a fault code. But sometimes, common sense has to come into play. You can’t go right by the book on different things. The thermostat goes inside the water pump, right on top of it, and you can’t change one without changing the other. But other than that, everything was good. If everything that coincides with the other is changed out and they represent each one of those components, that would be better.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for sharing your experience Walter. We greatly appreciate you and your choice to go with our company.

Regards,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I didn't have a problem at all going through Omega. But it was the car place that tried to rip me off. I took my car in for other reason, that it was sluggish. They knew what was wrong with it, but the only thing they put on was the new catalytic converter. They tuned it up. It was $1300 which I didn't have. I had to call my sister-in-law. Then it was still sluggish. And they said, "It needs a new coil ignition." That was why I took in the car, that it was sluggish in the first place.

I was a little pissed when I took the vehicle in, the auto place was supposed to do it in the first place. Then when I went and picked up the car, they said it was done. Then when I took off, the light came on, then it went off, then it blinked at me, then it went off. It stayed off for the whole day. Then it came back on Saturday and it stayed on until Monday. I had to take it back in Monday and they fixed it. And then, they said, "It's gonna cost you a 100 bucks." I came home and I had Bruce from Omega call them. Then the rep from the auto place called me back. She said, "It won't cost you anything. Bring it back in." So, I took it in yesterday at 1 o'clock when I had appointment. Omega Auto Care paid for everything. I didn't have to pay out of my pocket.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I traded the car in and got a new vehicle after that, and I canceled my policy with Omega. But I haven't heard back from anybody yet if I'm receiving a check or if it's getting transferred. But the claim went through fine. The Chevy dealership went ahead and did the work, filed the claim. I paid the deductible and everything went smoothly.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have a Chevy LT Silverado covered with Omega. When submitting a claim, I just give the car to the mechanic and he does everything himself. He calls Omega and they give him a credit card number, and he takes the payment. I've had my oil changed three times. I drove to Chicago, came back and changed my oil again. Omega pays up to $55 and I had to pay an extra $5, which is fine.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I highly recommend Omega to everybody I know. I went in for a condenser radiator fan and the process was very easy. I'm very satisfied and I couldn't have asked for a better policy.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I've got an oil change and I put the claim in with Omega. I never did get my money. I let them know that I have not received my money. The girl said I must have thrown it in the garbage. I always check my mail. Then she said that they sent it out on the 10th of the August. I told her I have not received it. So they told me that I have to wait until the 10th of this month, and then they will reissue me a check.

My truck was acting up when I took it to have the oil changed. They said that I needed an alternator. They approved me for the alternator, but I was on the other side of town when my truck started acting up again, and it didn't want to go. So, I had to call a tow truck to tow me to another dealership. They took me to another dealership and there they said I needed a transmission too. I was calling Omega, asking them where was I supposed to get a rental car. Normally, I have had an extended warranty, I never had to pay for my rental car up front. Once I leave it at the dealership, I normally get another car. I never experienced that far. Then they started running me around in circles. All I wanted to do was get a car. I got the extended warranty because I don't have money like that.

The rep said that I had to go ahead and purchase my own rental car, and they would reimburse me. I asked her how did she want me to believe that they were gonna reimburse me when they hadn’t even reimbursed me for the oil change. One thing led to another and she said that the supervisor was out to lunch, and he’d come back at 2:30. It was 2:45 when I was talking to her, and I'd seen that she was just giving me the runaround. I was really getting frustrated by this time. I said, “Why you guys can't just go ahead and approve for me to have this transmission?” She said that they didn't get the numbers from the dealership. So, I called back the next day and then she said that, “Oh, they had to take pictures of the transmission.”

I'm waiting for the dealership to call me back. I called them and the guy was busy. I understood that because I've been running this guy ragged to send the numbers in and whatever pictures Omega was asking for. I am really getting a headache by this time. It was like the rep was trying to make me think that something fraudulent was going on. I said, “I pay all this money for repairs or whatever I'm getting done and I can't even get you guys to approve it.” I hadn't even went to work for three days. I couldn't get a rental car. I didn't have the money.

Janneth,

I am sorry you are so unhappy with your policy that you felt we deserved a 1-star review, especially since we have paid $4,901.25 to fix your vehicle in a 45 day period. It states very clearly in your policy that the rental is on a reimbursement basis, which quite frankly makes this review both unfair and inaccurate. The contract is meant to be followed by BOTH parties, and we approved your rental benefits for the ENTIRE time of your approved claim. Your inability to take advantage of them was no fault of ours, and there was nothing we could have done to change that.

We hope that you reconsider the facts, and find it in your heart to update your review based on them.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I have a Honda 2015 covered with Omega. So far, so good. I had two issues that I filed a claim for. I had a motor in my door handle and an injector. The claim process was hell. I took my car to Honda and they fixed it. They did everything. Once we got everything situated and approved, it was a pretty fast process. Honda did a great job.

The first time I used Omega, my experience was perfect. This time, I was crying. I was devastated. I'm your customer and I'm paying a lot. Honda tried to make me buy out and get an insurance with them. Everybody's going through a hard time with COVID-19. I pay for comfort and to know because of a little blue tape or a little wording on something that I would have to pay $1,500 dollars was very disappointing. So, Omega needs to skip the dark areas. If they say I'm covered, I'm trusting that I’m covered. I recommended a lot of people to them. My sister has them. I recommend a lot of people to them for that comfort and security. So, bomb the blue tape and take care of me.

Omega Auto Care Company Information