3.9/5 (165 ratings)

About Omega Auto Care

Omega Auto Care offers extended auto warranties that continue coverage after factory warranties expire. The company has several coverage options that all include additional benefits like roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage and trip interruption insurance. Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with less than 250,000 miles.

Pros

• Wide-ranging plan options
  • Covers older cars
  • Small down payments

Cons

• No online quote process
  • Not available in every state

Bottom Line

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of options for extended auto coverage. It doesn’t have online quotes, but its pricing, reimbursement policy and ability to cover older cars make it worth the call.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Original review: June 1, 2022

My power window on the passenger side and a running board on the driver side would not go up and down and a rear parking sensor and a heated seat were not working correctly. They got most of it done but there's some controversy about the running board. The Smart Auto people are saying that they don't know if that's gonna be covered or not. My complaint about that is the policy is bumper to bumper. I have another complaint because Omega called for an adjuster, which is fine, except for the fact that they tell the shop, “We're putting in the claim for an adjuster.” Then the shop needs to have my car on hand for 24 to 48 hours. They could close that window a little bit more. Also, if you go online, they list the auto body shops that accept the coverage. In my area, that list is pointless. You have to go to a dealership. None of these outside shops wanna deal with extended warranties. Nonetheless, we just signed up my husband's truck with Omega.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: May 31, 2022

I haven't had a very good experience with Omega. It came with three free oil changes for the first year. For the first oil change, I took it down to the biggest Chevy dealership in our city. The guy that I took it to, I've known for 40 years, and he's worked there all the time. He called and called to get the oil change taken care of. I picked the truck up and Omega didn't pay him for another week and a half. So, the next time I took the truck down to get the oil changed again, he refused to deal with Omega.

He said, "When your truck has a problem with it, I'll deal with it at a later date with them. Right now, to get a free oil change from Omega, I don't even want to deal with it. If you want me to change the oil, you pay me and you deal with them." I went ahead and paid him 75 bucks for the oil change, Omega pays back 55 bucks. I photocopied it. I emailed it to Omega. I faxed it to them but I didn't get anywhere for two weeks. I didn't even get an answer from their people.

I made three calls. I got ahold of someone that said that they were one of the managers there and she would take care of it. But I never heard anything from anyone. I was told by that person I would get an answer that afternoon and she would call me back. I never heard anything from her. I waited two more days, I picked up the phone, and I called. I was just about ready to cancel it and I got ahold of one of the people. I explained it to this dude and he said, "I know that person. I will send this email again to her." I got a call back the next day and they said they would send me the $55 check in the next six to eight weeks. But I didn't get a $55 check in the mail. I'm not overly happy with my service.

Hi Larry,

It sounds like there has been a bit of miscommunication here because the invoice in question was paid within 24 hours. I am not sure why your repair facility thought it was a week, because it was in fact only 24 hours. You came in on the 16th, and we paid on the 17th.

We appreciate your kind words and for being part of the Omega Auto Care family!

Original review: May 26, 2022

The payments take long. I was with them for a year and seven months later, after I've been doing my oil changes all by myself, I found out there's a maintenance for a year. So I didn’t get any of that money that paid for my truck as far as the oil changes. I told them I've done all this and they said, "No you gotta do it within a certain time limit." I said, “Nobody told me that when I got service. Y’all just took my money out of my account right away, 300 bucks. If I only knew that was there, I would’ve gotten more money."

So what I did is this whole year, I did one oil change that I got back. And then I had to do the brake thing right before my service ended. I just wanted my payments to stop. I almost went to a different company that was going to charge me $75 a month for the same coverage from where I left off and just quit Omega, and I didn’t. So I finished off my time. But I sent them the receipt for the maintenance thing and I never got that money back.

Six months later, I called and said, “Hey, my truck might need some brakes and an oil change. Do I give the garage my contract number?" They're like, “You have a maintenance fee. All you do is send us the receipt and we give your money back for it.” And I was like, “Then why didn’t y’all tell me that?” It was like, “They might not have told you.”

So I called the number I had on file and it was not even a working number anymore. I had to call a different number. I waited online forever to talk to the person. I thought I was being scammed and I had to make sure it was going to the people. So I shut down payments. Then they called saying, “We see that you got maintenance. Your payment did not go through for this month and this will void your warranty.” I told her, “This is my problem. I didn't get any money back for anything I’ve done.” They said, “You sent it to the wrong number.” I’m like, “That number is no longer working. That's the number I sent all the things in.” They said, “You'll only get reimbursed for the last month.” That sucks. That’s six months’ worth of stuff I paid for my truck. So I'm glad my payments are over and I'm just waiting for my warranty.

Hi Jesse,

I'm sorry for the confusion regarding the oil changes. Your maintenance benefits were listed in your original, and were also talked about during the sales call. I know it's a lot of information during the first call, so it's easy to miss certain details, or forget. Luckily, the maintenance package was free, and not something you paid extra for, and you have since been able to use it for some additional added benefits.

We appreciate you sharing, and thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 25, 2022

I pay 95.99 a month and I never use my warranty. I've had it like a lifetime thing. When I had an issue, it wasn't covered under the warranty. They just put $20 towards it. I was like, “Okay. What's the point of having this?” And then I thought, “My car's a little older. What if something major happens?” This has been a pretty poor experience.

Tracy,

I am very sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience, but we truly welcome all feedback. You have had 3 claims in total, and the only reason that so little was paid was BECAUSE it was such a small claim. Since you have a $100 deductible, it takes away from the authorized amount. The age of your vehicle doesn't affect your coverage in the sense that it doesn't change over time. You have the same high level of coverage that you had when you originally purchased it.

Although I do not hope that anything goes wrong with your vehicle, and you have a large claim, you can rest assured that $20 would not be all that we paid.

I will reach out to you personally as well, just in case you have additional questions.

Best Wishes,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: May 24, 2022

So far my experience with them has been good. But it's a lot of money that I'm paying out.

Original review: May 23, 2022

My first claim was nearly fully covered. I've had a couple of other things that had to be done that wasn't covered but it weren't so bad. There were a bunch of snags because the dealership wanted to do a full motor replacement. Omega said that might not be necessary and they had a third-party inspector come. My vehicle didn't need a full motor but it needed other parts so it was like a teardown rebuild. Some parts weren't covered like the exhaust part. So, I had to pay a little bit more. Other than that, the claims process is fairly simple and they communicate well. I also had a claim for the water pump of my wife's car that had gone out and they covered almost all of it.

Original review: May 21, 2022

I just utilized the warranty for a brake change, stop brakes and rotors. The shop called the company and they handled it between themselves. Omega Auto Care covered the rotors. The process was pretty seamless and I didn't have any problems with it. I didn't like the fact that they had services that expired over time and have since expired, yet, I pay the same amount. That seemed a little shady, but apparently, they were giving those services free for a period of time on top of the warranty. They're much needed routine maintenance things though.

Nijon,

You are absolutely correct about the maintenance benefits being free. Since it was a new type of program for our industry, we decided to give them to all of our customers for the first year to try them out.

It looks like were able to get an extra $177 for free out of the deal, so I surely hope that helped.

-Omega Auto Care

Original review: May 18, 2022

The Omega rep explained that the mileage for the plan was better than what I was getting through the dealership. It would have longer-term coverage, too. Instead of six years, it's seven. One time, I was driving to work and the check engine light came on. It said, “Stop as soon as possible.” That was a mile from work so I went ahead and went to work, got my phone out and called Omega.

They had a person come out and put my car in a flatbed instead of regular tow truck, which was nice and had it towed to the dealership. I had to complain to get the service done, though. I was told originally that the dealership was fine, but then I was told that the dealership was charging higher than the prevailing rate in Farmington, New Mexico. There aren't that many places in Farmington or the Four Corners to go, and the dealership was a better choice, especially because the car has to be reset with new parts put on because of the NSF features. I had them tow it to the dealership and they started to balk at it but they paid for it.

I also had to pay for two extra days because they didn't order the part on Friday morning like they said they did. They waited till Monday and ordered it after I called to complain. I was a little bit upset with that. But otherwise, I've been satisfied. Hopefully, I don't have to use it and hopefully, things will go fine from now forward.

Original review: May 17, 2022

When I called the second time for them to pay the company where I went to do the oil change, it took a while before they could pick up my call. Apart from that, the process was okay.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Signing up for Omega was pretty simple. I spoke to several different representatives at the time because I wasn't sure upon talking to them how soon I wanted to move forward. They were very courteous. I felt like they understood what I needed to move forward on my policy. Omega was pretty affordable at the time when I bought it and I received a promotion to get oil changes and all sorts of things that I felt were viable for my vehicle. If you want to get an extended coverage or warranty for your vehicle, Omega is the way to go.

Original review: May 6, 2022

The rep answered any questions that I had and explained what things would be covered under the warranty. If I broke down on the side of the road, I could have a new car until my car was fixed and the hotel payment for the night if I was stuck somewhere out of town. She helped me enroll in the automatic payment. I use it for my latest oil change and at first, the lady at the dealership said she had not seen it before but it went through.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review about your experience with our company!

Original review: May 2, 2022

The gentleman that I dealt with was very informative. He told me what I could do and not do, and he also told me how I could file a claim. He said that he would send me a brochure and literature concerning the company and what it would cost me per month. I went to my dealer when the left side indicator of my car would not work. They looked it over and identified that I needed some parts to make that left side work. I told him to do it and then he got the parts. When I brought the car in to get work done, I also gave the dealer the number of Omega who was supposed to cover my expense. The dealer called Omega and told them to go ahead and make the repairs. The repairs were made and Omega paid for the job.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Omega covered major issues like your transmission and motor. The lady was nice and informative when I talked to her.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Omega Auto Care had the most coverage for the least amount of money. The rep was very polite. Also, he explained it very thoroughly to where I didn't need to ask any questions. He was good with the job. I'm paying 150 a month, and I was told that the 150 for the bumper-to-bumper, and after six months, it becomes 65, which I've never heard before. I've never owned a newer vehicle. So, I've never had bumper-to-bumper coverage. That was a big selling point for me and I hardly noticed it coming out of my account.

This was the first new truck that I ever had. Omega would help me get a rental car and pay for the repair. Omega is one of the best when it comes to coverage because life happens and no one can expect their car or truck to break down and they need a reliable company to cover their vehicles. And when it does, they need someone they can rely on.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I had to have my car serviced but got the runaround. My car was kept for a month. At every angle, when it got to the extended warranty part for Omega, they found every reason not to pay for it. The only person that’s stopping them from not paying for my car is me. They didn't know research. They said they couldn't pay for it and it was under warranty. After I researched it for them and gave them the information, they looked it up and said, "You're right. It's not under warranty. We'll pay it.” Then the next day, they come with something else. Four times. It took me days and days to figure it out and give them the information. It was almost about 4,800 and in the end, they paid it.

Terrina,

Thank you for your detailed review. I would like to begin by apologizing for the long claim. Although I see the issue that took place with your claim, there is no reason it should have taken that long, for something that was a relatively small repair.

There was a part on your vehicle that was in fact still under manufacturer warranty, and said part was attached to what failed. We were attempting to determine what part had actually failed, as that would have determined who would be responsible for it.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the delay. We appreciate your business, and thank you for being part of the Omega Auto Care family.

-Omega Auto Care

Original review: April 22, 2022

When I did my oil change, I was supposed to get a reimbursement, but I never did. I sent them the invoice that same day and spoke with somebody at customer service, but nothing was done. Omega was trying to get in contact with the people that did the oil change, but the people didn't want to get in contact back because it was over the phone. I just chose not to do any oil changes in that facility anymore after that day. Before the oil change, I had some work done in the car at Empire Hyundai at Fall River, and everything was copacetic. Other than that oil change, Omega has good service.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for sharing, and for giving us a great star rating despite there having been a misunderstanding. We appreciate your business!

Original review: April 21, 2022

Every time I go to the dealership, Omega doesn’t cover. But I don’t pay much as I used to pay out of my pocket so that's better than paying out of my pocket. Also, their customer service does everything perfectly. They waste no time. I'd tell others to try Omega.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I thought that it would be a good idea to go with Omega. My light came on on my car saying the oil change has to be done. My guy said he doesn’t do that with the insurance and I paid $54. I did a battery check-up too and everything was fine. I called back to see if Omega paid the tech for the battery check and they took care of him right away.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Everything's been okay. But I had problems with reimbursement of things that I paid for or I used my own AAA. I sent in the form and never got any reimbursement. I complained but nothing happened. I let that go but that irritated me. But Omega taking care of the actual car was good. They handled it quite well. I had Omega for four years from April 8, 2018 to April 2022. Then in January, I signed back up with them because they gave me the one year of the maintenance, which satisfied me. So I'm very happy with my Omega. I'm satisfied with it. I'm satisfied with the representative that called me and we got it going again. So I'm paying that 129.46 and that's perfect.

I went into Cortes where I get my Volks gets done. This is my month for me to have my inspection and an oil change. The last that I had done with Omega was the oil change back in September. I used them again when my automatic door lock started going out and it had this weird sound. So that ran through and it was fine. The lock was working perfect.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had just paid my first month's bill, then my car happened to go down three days later. It wouldn’t start and I was also hearing a noise. I called Omega, let them know, and they were on it. They told me since I’ve been paying my coverage and the deposit kicked in, I could go ahead and start using it. The lady told me, “Don’t drive it. Try to get a ride to work." She also asked me to call a towing company to get it towed to a car place of my choice. They have a couple of places with zero deductible. Everything was pretty smooth on Omega’s behalf. They sent a new starter to the car place I went to, and the mechanic put in.

Omega covered it so quick, and that was pretty cool. I would've had to come out of my pocket, and they saved me $300. That was just for the part and not including the other part that they fixed too. They said I could get a rental car service, but I didn’t try to go with that. They also told me that I got a free car care with Pep Boys. I’ve been telling a couple people about Omega. You never know when your car is gonna go down, and it’s a good coverage.

James,

Thank you for sharing such a long and kind review. Luckily it was just a small repair, but avoiding driving an impaired vehicle is always sounds advice, as it can cause additional and unnecessary damage. I am happy to hear we were able to get it all taken care of for you, and hope you come back when you get your new car.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 4, 2022

Signing up with Omega was positive and all my questions were answered to my satisfaction. But I was a little disappointed that I ended up paying $2,100 out of pocket for repairs to my car. I took it in for service to check everything over. The front wheel was bad and tie rod ends. It wasn't covered under the warranty.

Original review: April 3, 2022

I got an oil change a couple of months ago at a dealership. I didn’t have any problems. Omega processed that right away. My concern is I’m paying too much for something I’m not sure that I’m gonna be able to use it. Sometimes, I regret it because my car is fairly new and I don’t need really to have any coverage.

Original review: April 2, 2022

My experience with Omega is 50-50. The person who I originally took my water pump to did not do the work. Omega paid him and I informed them that the work was not done, and they told me to keep reaching out to the person. I finally reached out to the person and he got in contact with me. But my car has been at the shop waiting for them to look at it for about three weeks now.

Originally, I was taking it in for a thermostat. Then, the mechanic called me and said there was something going on with the water. He believed it was the thermostat and the water pump. So, I paid for the thermostat and Omega covered the water pump. But now, my car completely shut off on me on the road. I just got off the highway when it happened. Omega towed it to the dealership but they are not able to look at my vehicle. They’re backed up and has no opening until late April. I didn't take the car originally to them because they did not have anything.

Omega seems to be convenient and I will recommend them to a friend. The only issue I have is that they help cover stuff but they need to make the rental upfront on how long they’re gonna cover it. With logistics being so bad everywhere, they should go ahead and put that in. I was in doing the water pump alone before it stopped running on me and I had a rental for almost three weeks due to the shipping situation. The part was on backorder and Omega only covered the rental for the three days that the mechanic worked on it.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I received a book at the very beginning and I misplaced it. I called Omega and asked for another book and I never received it. I'm not really happy with them. I did an oil change for my 2015 Chevy Silverado and that had to be reimbursed. I had to call Omega and I was asking them when I would receive the money because it had been four weeks that passed at that point. One rep hung up on me and the other was extremely rude like I was bothering them. They told me that if I had looked in my book and had gone to a certain page, I would have been able to see how long it usually takes. We got the reimbursement seven weeks later. I wouldn't recommend Omega Auto Care to anybody.

Original review: March 31, 2022

**SCAM** I was promised by Shawn ** that the Powertrain Enhanced would cover “EVERYTHING”. Well my car has been in the shop for more than 7 days now. And guess what. They do not cover my repairs. They say because it is not listed on my policy. Convenient loophole this company has designed so they can deny warranty repair claims. $1100 worth of repairs including Valve Cover with Gasket And Coolant housing with Hose. These are standard engine components on every vehicle made. If anyone calls you from Exclusive Auto Club or Omega Auto Warranty. Hang up and hit the BLOCK button

Alex,

All contracts have terms, and the most basic part of ours, is the schedule of covered parts. If something is not listed, it is not part of your coverage, and cannot be covered. I listened to your sales call, and at no point were you told that that "EVERYTHING" would be covered.

I understand that it's frustrating to have to pay an unexpected bill, but there was nothing that could have been done in this case.

I have to admit that it surprises me that you consider it a "loophole", since this is your second policy with the exact same level of coverage.

Original review: March 31, 2022

The signup was easy and I had a year to pay it off. But no company wanted to work with Omega. The service was terrible. It took three months to get $100 back for a tire. The company said, “Look. We can't get you out of here because they’re not going to pay us. And it’ll take three weeks. So we'll give you the tire.” It was a tire and there was a nail in the sidewall. I needed a new tire. I was heading back to Florida from South Carolina, and they wouldn't do that. They said, “You can just submit a claim afterwards.” Omega wouldn't take it.

I had to drive from Florida to South Carolina to sit in the place and wait for them to redo the entire claim. Then it took another three months to get my claim money back because they lost the information over and over and over. They finally decided to give me my money back because they couldn't find any of the documentation. I did do another claim for an oil change and tire rotations, and that went through fine. But I had to sit and wait an extra hour for them to call Omega and register the claim. The call and the wait and getting to them was rather a nightmare.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Omega's reps were informative. They helped me to make the decision. I felt comfortable after speaking with them as far as explaining to me how it worked. So, I was able to make the decision to move forward with it. I had a pretty good experience.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I put in a claim about three months ago to get an oil change as well as brakes change and I'm waiting for reimbursement but I haven't seen it. Every time I've called Omega, it's a different story. It's on my mind to cancel the service because if I've been treated this way just for oil and brakes change, heaven forbid anything happen to my car. I might as well save $100 and put the money on account and save for when I do have the major breakdown because it's very poor service. I spoke to a customer service rep about two weeks ago who said it was misfiled and I should receive the reimbursement in a couple of weeks. I need to cancel because it's taking my money off my account every month and I'm not getting the service. It doesn't make sense that happens. I'm being ripped off and it's a shame. At my age and physical condition, I don't need this type of headache. It's putting extra pressure on me. I’m very dissatisfied.

Bernard,

I would like to offer you our sincerest apologies. We did in fact fail to file your reimbursement on time, as we had a new person who made a mistake. We are very sorry this happened to you, and it is most certainly not the norm.

We appreciate your patience, and again, I sincerely apologize that this happened to you. Thank you for sticking with us!

-Omega Auto Care

Original review: March 25, 2022

I've only had one thing done with Omega and I misunderstood the paperwork but they explained it to me, so I'm good. The claims process went very quickly though I paid more out of pocket than I had for the actual policy. So right now, I didn't feel any benefit. But if I had a major repair in the future, I'm hoping that it will be more beneficial.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: March 24, 2022

Our AC stopped working and the claims process was easy. But of all the companies I've dealt with, Omega is the hardest to deal with. The dealership confirmed that with me too. A lot of the dealerships would rather not work with Omega. They feel it’s more work on their end and I get it. But at the same time, I paid for a policy and Omega has come through.

I've had four other extended warranty companies in the past and it didn't take as long. The process with Omega takes a lot longer. Once the car goes to the dealership and once they find out there is something wrong with it, they have to submit it to Omega. They have always requested to send an inspector out. You take the car in and it takes a day or two for the dealership to look at it, then they send it over to Omega. Omega takes a day or two to receive it and process it. Then after that, it takes a day or two for them to send an inspector.

The inspector needs a day to send the report back to Omega who then needs 24 to 48 hours to process that inspection report. Then, the claims adjuster will approve or deny. If he approves, he lets the dealership know. The dealership has to order the parts. If the parts are a week away because they're coming from wherever, you got to wait a week. So, we're talking of a two to three week-process and they only cover you for the car for three days. So, you're without a car, which is my biggest complaint. I have been asked let everyone know but I'm not going to do that. Omega paid the claim, it just takes way longer. But I wouldn’t buy Omega again.

Sanjay,

I'm sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience, but it seems your dealership gave you some incorrect information. We never sent an inspector, and we approved your claim within 48 hours. We only asked your repair facility to send pictures of the failure instead.

It appears that your vehicle was in the repair facility for 2 days before the claim was even filed, and then an additional 6 days after we approved the claim.

It would appear that your vehicle was in the shop for quite a while, but majority of it would have been out of our control. We definitely process claims as fast as we can, as it is in our best interest to finish a claim as well. We appreciate your patience, and thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Omega Auto Care Company Information