3.4/5 (1414 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper

About Nissan Pathfinder

The Nissan Pathfinder is a mid-size SUV. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Nissan Pathfinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Pathfinder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Pathfinder?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Nissan is very much aware of the defective transmission in their cars and they uses the dealers to assist them in not taking care of the problems. The dealers reports that if you choose to have car service by someone else and not Nissan they will refuse to fix the problem with your car. I just experienced it with my local dealer not trying to help consumers but assist Corporate Nissan to not assist customers whom had oil changes at other shops instead of their dealership.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I bought a Nissan Pathfinder Rock Creek package brand new! I have had it 2 1/2 years. I have had motor for wiper replaced (1 wiper stopped working during a storm), regulator for door (had to drive to work on a 30 degree winter morning with window down) both covered under warranty, and now a component that starts it is $1300.00 (part and labor) out of my pocket. It's under the 3 years, but over on the mileage. They are not good quality. I called Nissan because dealership could not do anything, and Nissan will not do anything to help with this repair. Do NOT waste your time or money on a Nissan. Buy a Toyota or Ford!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2022

In 2018 purchased a Nissan Pathfinder because it had 4x4 and we needed it for our climate as we live in a very snowy area that gets 20+ feet of snow a year. The first storm we had the 4x4 did not stay engaged. Took it to the dealership. Was not only told something was not wrong, I was sexually harassed. Filed a complaint with Nissan. They did nothing but recommend a different dealership 125 miles away. Found out the dealership by our house sold us a brand new vehicle with a broken coupler. Fixed it. 4x4 still didn't stay engaged.

Over the next 4 years took the vehicle in at least 3 times a year for the same issue. Nothing. Finally Jan. 28, 2022 (almost 4 years of ownership) a Nissan Corporate mechanic told me that the vehicle is "not a true 4x4 and the 4x4 is to only be used to get out of jams." When asked why they sold these vehicles as great for snow and off roading he told me they don't advertise that anymore. He said "the drivetrain protects itself and will not ever stay engaged in 4x4. The only potential true 4x4 Nissan sells is the Armada. Everything else is not a true 4x4". Nissan is putting everyone on the roads (and off) in danger by allowing these vehicles to be sold and driven in chain control and dangerous conditions. DO NOT BUY A NISSAN thinking it is 4x4!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I’ve had many Nissan products with mostly positive experiences. At the end of April, I purchased a new '22 Pathfinder. The sales experience was terrible, from the salesman gloating about my trade right in front of me to the finance manager stating “why would you trade to save only $100 a month?” then the sales manager telling me that I’m only complaining because I want free stuff! Things don’t end there, the car needed new wiper blades at 200 miles (which should be covered under warranty), dealership said that it was a special order part and would get in later that week. (It’s been two months… I had to buy my own wiper blades) Then the tires were so over inflated they popped causing me to have to replace them. (Dealership did not accept liability for not doing proper PDI so that was money out of pocket) Then at 5 weeks old, it stopped recognizing its own key.

The key could be in the cup holder right next to the push button (no other key on the key change) and still the car is saying “no key”. Two dealerships blamed me for the key not working, replaced the battery, and sent me on my way. At 6 weeks old, the car stopped filling up. No matter what I tried, it would stop at 5 gallons. Brought it back to two different dealerships. One says that the fueling system needs replacing (parts were never ordered), the other says it’s my fault for pumping gas wrong. I called Consumer Affairs with all my evidence and proof asking for a buyback. Of course I’m told "we are not interested" and that’s it… After 11 Nissans this is what loyalty gets you. Terrible customer service and a big middle finger because you ask for a buy back on a 7 week old car with 2,200 miles on it.

Original review: June 8, 2022

BUYER BEWARE! I have owned two Nissan Pathfinders and have had the sunroof shatter on THREE separate occasions while driving down the highway at 110 km's an hour. The sound is like a gunshot going through the vehicle followed by tempered glass showering down over everyone inside. None of these instances were due to an impact from a rock, there was literally no one in front of me on the highway. It is due to the deterioration of the inferior glass they use to make the sunroof. There have been class action lawsuits in the U.S. for this very reason which outline the concern that has been brought to Nissan's attention. Nissan Canada does not care.

The dealership will not cover the cost to replace the parts for this, even if your vehicle is still under warranty and Nissan Canada is not interested in hearing about the problem. They simply say they understand how I feel, which is incredibly patronizing and dismissive. They will not entertain investigating this matter and will not forward my call along to someone who will actually listen. The person speaking to me just kept repeating they will not cover the cost, which wasn't even the question I was asking. I was asking what Nissan Canada is doing about this very dangerous situation.

Nissan Canada is content to put a dangerous vehicle on the road, which is a hazard both to the driver of the vehicle and those around them. DO NOT buy a Nissan vehicle if you value safety in your vehicle purchase. Nissan does not stand behind the product they are putting on the road. This will be my last Nissan vehicle that I ever purchase.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I have a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder that I have been having MAJOR issues with. The car stopped working in December of 2020 and Nissan deemed that it was a CVT transmission issue which they changed and I had to pay out of pocket for this as it was out of warranty. I am now having the same issue. I have been trying to get to Nissan Consumer affairs to discuss this issue with no luck. I have spent hours on the phone without even getting to speak to a live person. I have sent numerous emails with no response other than them leaving a voicemail saying that they were trying to contact me with a callback number. I called back the phone number given ** and had to leave multiple messages with no success. Eventually got a callback telling me that there is nothing Nissan can do to help me. Terrible company!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I took possession of a 2022 Nissan Platinum Pathfinder that I paid cash for on 8/24/21. To date Nissan has not sent the MSO to my dealer so that I can get title in my name. For 9 weeks I've had to park my new car, DMV, my insurance, no one shows ownership. I've also had to get two extensions on my temporary plates from the dealer. I'm further insulted to get the Sirius notices saying my free trial is over when I haven't even been able to drive the car. When I call Nissan they never return my calls. I've called Corporate twice with zero courtesy of a phone call. Customer service is less than able to do a thing for me.

My dealer has tried and tried to work with Nissan to get my MSO. They pass the buck from person to person and don't have a clue who can bring this to a resolve. They have put me in a terrible legal situation liability wise, a car I paid cash for that I cannot drive, and could care less. I've never dealt with a less caring car manufacturer in my entire life. To date, 10/29/21 there is still no resolve, no care to resolve and no end in sight. Awful customer service, awful corporate office, that has no courtesy to return calls, just horrible!

Original review: April 26, 2021

I own a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder that I have taken excellent care to maintain. I just found out from my trusted mechanic of 20 years that I needed both front wheel bearings and the fan assembly replaced at 46000 miles. The AC fan went bad and is connected to the cooling fan, so this is an expensive repair, not to mention the wheel bearings. Nissan refused to stand by their product. It is my understanding that this faulty fan assembly is also a problem with their Infinity products.

Original review: July 14, 2020

3 year old vehicle (2017 Pathfinder) with just over 60K kms, first time use of A/C this year and not working, rear A/C lines rusted and leaking. $150 diagnostic charge and $1,600 to fix, apparently, according to the dealer, the new vehicle and/or remaining 5 yr warranty will not cover the problem. Disappointed in the customer service and response. Vehicle needed new brakes after only 2 years with premature rusting and wear and was also not covered by warranty, had to maintain a basically brand new vehicle at $1,200 out of pocket.

New tires were needed under 50K, another $1,000 and another premature nightmare. Now these A/C lines are prematurely rusting and leaking with no coverage, to be honest I was expecting more from Nissan including better quality of materials and customer service. It appears that the materials are designed to wear and tear quickly and/or fail right around the warranty period expiry. The rear A/C lines corroding and leaking might actually be a design flaw, it's an issue that appears to frequently occur on more than just this Nissan model but Nissan will of course never admit to that. Why would Nissan worry or care about Freon entering our atmosphere due to their engineering/design??? Why would they ever be responsible or want to fix it??? Pathetic.

I wonder what's next, never thought of Nissan as a lemon but this Pathfinder just keeps on finding new problems. A/C should not fail, rust and require $1,600 of wear and tear maintenance on a 3 years old vehicle driven under normal conditions which is still within the 5 yr warranty period. In this Nissan 'Fail' summary, Nissan and customer service chooses to ignore premature corrosion of the A/C rear lines on the vehicle (a common flaw/issue on multiple Nissan models based on Internet complaints) leaving the owners to pay the bill for with no support from Nissan. Very disappointing,.. 3 year old vehicle with 63k km with premature corrosion issues and no coverage. Poor quality and even poorer customer service. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR - STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN! Never again…

Original review: June 24, 2020

35K miles and already a 02 sensor failed. Bank 1 sensor 2 so stupid located that even the NISSAN folks want more than $1,000 to remove. $1000 bucks to replace a O2 sensor of pure labor costs. It is absolutely insane. What a piece of junk this car is. I will never buy a NISSAN again. NEVER AGAIN.

Nissan Pathfinder Company Information