Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.57/5

Nissan Pathfinder

The Nissan Pathfinder is a mid-size SUV. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

424 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2019

I've already contacted Nissan consumer affairs on multiple occasions and they’ve made it clear they won’t do absolutely anything. I’ve had my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder for under 6 years. It has under 120k miles and it’s been in the shop for over 20 issues, including 8 recalls - you can take a guess on how much money we’ve lost. Over the last year, with a number of calls to Nissan consumer affairs, we learned rather quickly that Nissan does not take consumer safety seriously, and they will shut down your pleas for them to look into why your car repeatedly breaks down. With a husband who is Active Duty Military and gone all the time, I have found myself on many occasions stranded (alone and with young children) with a car that decided to break while I was driving down the road.

My car currently is sitting with a bad a/c compressor (fun stuff while living in the south with temps over 100 degrees and having young children to tow around), coolant leaks from the head gaskets, a catalytic converter problem, broken sun visor etc. I expected more from Nissan. But it will take something traumatic to happen for Nissan to take claims seriously. But even then, I don’t see them doing anything. If I were any of you, I would stay far away from Nissan. They will NOT make wrongs right. I will include a list of reasons we’ve had to take our car in for repairs - I know a handful are missing.

Sun visor, Door handle, Window motor, Rear gate, Transmission (worst they’ve ever seen), Gear shifter mechanism, Fuel sensors, Engine cooling fans, Alternator, Catalytic converter, Head gaskets leaking coolant, A/C compressor, Structure:Body:Hood:Hinge and Attachments, Power train:automatic, Transmission:cooling unit and lines, Electrical system: software passenger seat, Air bags:frontal, Service brakes, hydraulic:antilock, Electrical system: software antilock brakes, increased stopping distance, Service brakes, Air bags.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I recommend that you test drive the vehicle thoroughly before purchasing. It pings when it shifts down to a low gear when on a hill. The dealership here in Vancouver was able to duplicate the pinging with other vehicles on the lot. Nissan has informed me that the 'vehicle is operating as designed'. Shocked that Nissan is taking this stand. Extremely disappointed in Nissan's decision to do nothing. With the transmission replaced after 6000 kms and now this pinging. If I could return the vehicle, I would in a heartbeat!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We purchased a 2013 Pathfinder and it wasn't cheap! We have had the same issues every other person has had. Cheap interior, foam literally torn from the third row seat, Moore Nissan did nothing (previous to Benton Nissan). Visors droop and block your view. Hood acts as though it's going to fly up on the windshield. We have NEVER been notified that any of this is a recall. Air conditioner compressor went out, transmission recalled, and now the transmission has gone out. We just paid $4600 for a new transmission. Which we were told was NOT a part of the recall. VERY CONVENIENT! It's been 1 week since we picked it up, now the gas pedal stops working.

Nissan has taken a place lower than Chrysler and that is pretty low. Not happy with Benton Nissan because the manager I spoke with said Benton was not responsible for issues with Nissan. They could only give me the Consumer Affair number at Nissan Corporation. The "pass the buck" "cop out" attitude apparently radiates from the top down. Otherwise, ALL these issues would have been recalled. What a disappointment! Nissan being a terrible product. I thought I would NEVER see this day, but it is here! NO more Nissans for me! EVER!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

In March 2016 we purchased our Nissan Pathfinder (from 2015). It had around 29.000 km on it. We drive about 20.000 km a year because we don’t use it for work. We pay around $500 CAD every time when our car comes in for service. Front brakes have been replaced, and battery replaced. Now it is 2019 and we have 82.400 km on our car. Our car was in for service on December 27 2018. Another $500 CAD paid. A week after the service appointment we heard a rattling noise under the hood. It got worse over time to a flapping sound and I made another appointment for the car. I was told I had to pay for diagnostic time which was without tax a $110. They told me that I could no longer drive my car and needed a new radiator rad replaced or something like that?

The part wasn’t in stock and had to be flown in from Montreal. The part cost $1198. The fact that it had to be flown in makes me think it doesn’t happen often?? Since it took two and a half hours to put it in we had to pay over $300 CAD in labor costs, two days rental car, and of course the part; a total amount of $1799! I find the maintenance cost for this car very high. Has somebody else experiences like this? Do other people think Nissan is an expensive brand in maintenance? We are thinking of trading it in and go back to Toyota. Even though we enjoy driving this car and the people at the Nissan garage are friendly and helpful, I don’t think we will drive Nissan again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Nissan was to notify customers that the 2013-2014 Pathfinder had CVT transmission problems. They notified me to bring it in and reset the codes, but not about the transmission failure and what they were court ordered to do about it. I have 24 payments left and of course, Nissan wants me to pay the repair costs for a new transmission. I am on a fixed income. They boasted these cars, convinced consumers to abandon other dealerships for theirs only to sucker punch the customer. A low down dirty shame.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Pathfinder?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Purchased NEW for Wife, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. Dealer only serviced, locally driven only. 24K miles, needed new tires, not alignment issues, buy cheap grade of tire. 34K Miles-Cooling fans, now I need to have new cooling fans at the sum of $1200 which they have quality issues with. Interior very CHEAP compared to competitive models. I own 4 NISSANS, and I will replace with other brands one at a time. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder in 2015. We will start with tire rotations, I had to pay for them because I didn't buy the tires from the dealership (Excuse me. I BOUGHT A COMPLETE $47,000 SUV). Okay then there was a recall on brakes, I had to pay for brake shoes so recall was not free. Now, I turn the heat on and this loud rattling noise was coming from under hood, had my boss take a look and was told my fan casing had a loose screw (it was my cooling fan making the noise). I then took my car to Jones Nissan, car was not making noise. About an hour later I was told it was my cooling fan and the out the door price for repairs is going to be $887.00.

Well when I go to pick up the car I was informed that the Cooling Fan usually need to be repaired anywhere between 25,000 and 60,000 miles and it was not covered by the 60,000 5 yr warranty. What I am really pissed about is that Nissan is well aware of the defective Cooling Fan Assembly and is doing NOTHING TO FIX THE ISSUE! I am seriously considering trading this Piece of JUNK in for a Honda Pilot. Google the Cooling Fan Assembly before purchasing this Vehicle! It's not worth it. By the way I had a Honda Accord before this with nearly 0 problems and 0 repair costs. COOLING FAN. Never even heard of it until now, and I've owned 4 cars! Buyer BEWARE!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I am beyond FURIOUS at this point with Nissan and probably will never purchase a Nissan again. My powered rear lift to my 2013 Pathfinders tailgate broke off at the mount because it rusted which should never have happened because it's supposed to be sealed off. All I need is a new lift and 1 mount. Everything else still works! Nissan has decided to replace the entire system with a better coating for rust products and removed all the current replacement parts for my vehicle!!! So what should be costing me $300 now will cost me a minimum of $1500 without labor!!! Which is 1/8 of my cars worth at the moment!!! This isn't the only thing they are starting to do this way...

My windshield wipers had a clip near the motor break and instead of replacing the clip I had to buy a whole new motor unit for $450 even though my motor unit worked!!! This is BS at this point!! Making it too expensive to fix my car... Well not even fix at this rate. I'll be replacing all the parts making a brand new car!!! Also, Trim parts are coming off all over the place and it's only 5 years old!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I contacted Nissan about a paint defect and they did an investigation without looking at the car. Paint is bubbling and flaking off on the fender. Not from usual wear and tear... It's a paint defect. I will never buy another Nissan and don't recommend anyone to purchase one. Nissan 2011 Pathfinder should have a paint recall.

Updated on 09/14/2018: They said there was not a recall. They refused to even look at the damage... They said the warranty was up. I bought the car (Nissan Pathfinder 2011) new and it was garage kept... Why won't Nissan stand by their product? I will never purchased another and I would never recommend someone to buy Nissan. I will try to download some photos if this site will allow it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I bought a a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder brand new and the truck has 135k miles. It started making a vibration noise like I was driving on the sidewalk. Nissan dealership said it is due to radiator fluid in transmission. Nissan has been having this problem since about 2005. Will cost about 6k to replace transmission and radiator. Contacted Nissan, they refused to provide any help with the repair. NEVER, EVER BUY A NISSAN. They don’t take care of customers and cars are not reliable.

Nissan Pathfinder Company Information