Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
1.96/5

Infiniti

Infiniti is Nissan's division of luxury vehicles. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

562 Infiniti Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

While driving my Infiniti Q60 Red sport (MSRP 52K $) on the freeway, my steering wheel froze, didn’t turn left or right. I panicked to death until the road itself took me to the right shoulder of the road. I turned the car off then back on to release the steering wheel then got home safely. I reported that to the police department and consumer affairs. I can no longer drive this car. I don’t want it. Fixing the issue may not resolve it and it could happen again and put my life in danger. Let the CEO knows that I won’t drive this car anymore. If you give it back to me, am so ready to call my attorney.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I purchased a G37 2012 from Carmax and it had 33k miles on it. I have had it a couple years now, always got oil changes on it/maintained it. I’ve never had an issue with this car before - not should I have. It’s got under 100k miles on it. The other day it starts misfiring. I take it to my local mechanic. He sees it needs spark plugs and a fuel injector. Replacing those. Car is still misfiring so the mechanic shop offers to take it to the dealership for diagnosis, on them. INFINITI calls me today and says the motor is bad. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! That’s $10k job that’s not covered under warranty. I owe $13k on this car. What a piece of ** car. I would never buy this brand ever!!! I can’t believe this company exists making such shoddy products and it should be illegal!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have leased a few Infinities and the car is Definitely not the quality of car it used to be. My last was a Q40. Nice looking cars, but they obviously are putting it together cheaply. Their batteries are from Hunger. My car wasn't even 6 months old when the battery started to go. I had to call AAA to charge me up so I could get home and sometimes I couldn't even go to work in the morning because my battery was dead. I brought car back to dealership and spent hours waiting for them to go over car. They told me they could find nothing wrong but gave me a new battery anyhow. That new battery lasted 2 months. So obviously it's a piece of junk. I eventually had to go and buy a battery myself elsewhere To get one that worked.

Same thing happened on both cars. So I was paying good money but for a very unreliable car. After my first bad experience I didn't want to get another Infiniti but my salesman insisted that car was a fluke, a lemon and it would never happen again. So like a fool I got another one only to end up with the same heartache again. You expect when you get a new car it should be good for at least the 1st few years, Not Infinity, you are lucky when you get 6 good months. Now my last lease has recently ended and I got a different car, thank God. So to get back at me for not leaving another Infinity they sent me a huge bill over 1000 dollars of trumped up charges.

400 to pay for the transport of the car, when the car was brought back to the place I got it at Douglas Infinity. You would think that would be the end of it, but now they are hitting me with over $1000 bill for made up nonsense and threatening to ruin my credit if I don't pay up. The few scratches on my car from normal wear and tear, unlike most companies they are hitting me big and demanding payment in full. This is not someone you want to do business with. No $500 for normal wear and tear allowance. Very rude when I tried to discuss it with them because I felt they were Definitely trying to take advantage of me. They think they have you over a barrel because they will report you to the credit unions.

I feel like I am being robbed, and it's not a nice feeling. So this is how they take care of loyal customers who went through Hell because of their poor quality car, never gave them grief when I should have. You don't want to do business with people like this. I called my salesman up to see if he could help, but they don't want to know you unless they can RIP you off again. He will call me back he said last week, I'm not holding my breath. I'm sorry I'm not the type of person to complain, but I felt it my duty to warn others. These cars have problems. My daughter's boyfriend has one too and he's had a lot of issues with his also and won't be getting another. He's a lawyer, I guess I'll be calling him for advice. There are several other brands of lovely cars. You don't need this headache.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I am so disappointed in Infiniti and how they treat loyal customers who spends thousands of hard earned money with this brand. I have a 2017 Q50 with just about 11K miles on it that has issues every month. They refuse to help me, and denied my buy back request. Stay away from this company and those horrible Q50s.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I lease my Infiniti QX70 2017 on October 2017. Since then I had very bad experience with their service. It start with the fact that they didn't provide my the additional tool to change my Tire. I waited 3 ours to someone to come and change my tire (I could do it by my self, but I didn't find the special key). When the help arrived he also didn't have the "special tool" and I was suppose to wait 7 hours for towing. Last week I heard big explosion while driving and the Exhaust fell down.

I didn't bump anything!!! And when I went the the Mechanic, they blamed me to bump something and pay 1500$ to replace the exhaust. It was impossible to bump something since the bump was in the posterior part of my exhaust. I try to talk with consumer affairs but they denied my concerns. This for sure my last Infiniti ever. And of curse, all my friends tried to prevent me to lease Infiniti. I feel so bad that I didn't hear to their advice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infiniti?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought a 2007 Infiniti FX 35 and the dashboard started having bubbles all over it due to a manufacturing defect. I was never notified by Infiniti about this defect and a warranty extension issued on it. When I called the dealer I was told that it would be 1500 to replace the dashboard. I called up Consumer Affairs and wrote them a letter explaining the issue. They told me that there is nothing they can do about it and if I don't want to ever buy an Infiniti that is fine by them. Stay away from these cars. Buy Lexus or some other quality luxury car. These cars are cheap and the company does not empower their staff to take care of customers. In these times where every brand wants to offer a differentiated value proposition and experience for its customers, the old-school Infiniti is going in the opposite direction. No wonder they are way behind the other luxury brands.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

2015 Infiniti Q40 + ANDROID PHONE??? RUN! This "sophisticated" brand is actually worse than their Nissan version of the car... 2015 and you can't stream music from anything except Apple devices?!? Ludicrous... Not only that, but performance wise this car sucks. Loud rattling engine when given power, outdated audio and controls screen, horrible defrost...

The list could go on and on. Nissan motors corporation should honestly clean house and figure out a new strategy... Flooding the market with your chintzy product- which severely decreases trade in values for owner's, paired with outdated features and technology is one way to lose your following... I used to have Infiniti on a higher pedestal... Now when people ask how I like it or that they've considered buying one, I tell them "this piece of garbage is a base Altima... Buy a Lexus, Acura, Toyota or Honda... Pffttt... Buy a freaking Chevy Cruze for a better driver experience." Way to go Infiniti. You suck.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have always loved Infiniti. Last year I was able to purchase my first one. 2017 Q50 AWD from Dreyer & Reinbold Infiniti. The twin turbo V6 is an amazing motor. I saw that it recently won the prestigious Wards Automotive top 10 engine in the world! I believe it. It has great acceleration, especially in sport mode. This thing takes off like a rocket. It even handles incredible in the turns too. This is also my first experience in an AWD car and I won't be getting anything else. For the money Infiniti is by far the best dollar for dollar value for any luxury brand. I would recommend checking them out!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I leased a QX50 2019. July 16. 4 days in I got a flat. Infiniti towed my car to Kelly Infiniti. I went in for a surgery and in hospital-I had trust, they said my car had a scratch they would repair, I was home in bed not able to drive for 3-4 weeks. A single BC woman. They had my car for 25 days. My car came back with the "whole driver's side repainted" and horribly! This is ongoing since July, no one is owning up to this shoddy paint job and saying I bought the car that way I guess. Kelly Infiniti did it...Herb Chambers I bought the car from says they are with me...but I'm on my own.

No one wants to help me. Infiniti affairs cannot do much more for me because No one is admitting a horrible thing. I have a loaner and they say the car is mechanically good. But I take the hit for a terrible paint job??? They will not take the car back and it's going to cost me money although I had nothing to do with this. DO NOT BUY AN INFINITI... I am heartbroken. They will pass the buck and not help you. It is so sad...

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased a 2016 QX80 from the Infiniti dealership in Manhasset NY in 2016. Roughly 12 months after our purchase we noticed various paint chips that have occurred in random places around the car in places that cannot be explained by wear and tear or debris impact e.g. inside the door jamb in all 4 doors and the back of the trunk. We brought the car top Infiniti and were denied warranty coverage for the paint chips. We since brought the car to several pain places that all immediately recognized the issue of a sloppy or poorly dried paint job. Now almost a year later, there are many more paint chips and many of existing chips have begun to rust. Nissan/Infiniti is denying our claim.

Infiniti Company Information