3.3/5 (1499 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Infiniti

Infiniti is Nissan's division of luxury vehicles. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Infiniti Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infiniti?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I have. 2011 Infiniti QX56. It has over 200,000 miles on it. Runs/rides like a brand new car. WHEN ITS RUNNING!!! I had the plugs and coils replaced and it would not start thereafter. It has been to several mechanics near me only to have to go to the Nissan shop an hour away. It took me 3 hours to start it in order to get it there. They had it for a few weeks and told me they have fixed it. I went to pick it up and it did the same thing but I took it home hoping it was just a hiccup.

The next morning I went to take my daughter to school and again it wouldn’t start. Nissan had someone tow it back to the shop and it’s been there since. That was in August and today it is December 17, 2022. I have replaced the battery, both fuel pumps, plugs/coils and the ECM. First I was told the ECM was bad so they tried a brand new one and that didn’t work. They told me my fuel pressure was great only to tell me approximately a month later I needed a new high pressure fuel pump. I did return the one I purchased and am in search of a new one again. These fuel pumps are extremely high priced and hard to find.

I absolutely love this vehicle and a friend of mine purchased one because they liked it so much. But now I am so badly upset because I have a vehicle that I paid off this summer and have not been able to enjoy as of late. This vehicle was purchased because of the room it has. I have 3 children, myself, my fiancé and my father. We have not been able to go on any vacation or anything since it went down. I am $4,000 plus in right now. I do not have much more to put in this vehicle and I can NOT get ANY HELP!!!! I am very pissed, upset, sad etc. I need HELP!!! There definitely should be a recall!!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

These electrical issues have been happening since 2016. I was unaware of this when I purchased my 2021 QX50 Sensory model. We had the same problems and more for eight months. The dealership, of course, said, "Oh no, nothing like that had occurred before." We leased a 22 QX50 Sensory, and a week later, the same things started happening. This continued until April when Infiniti consumer affairs said to take it to another Infiniti dealership for a second opinion. They replaced my entire A/V unit per Infiniti Corp. It worked for three months and started over again; Infiniti had the A/V unit replaced again in September. This time it only took a few weeks for the issues to start happening again. I went back to consumer affairs again, and they finally decided to repurchase it and reimburse us for our payments.

After we signed the agreement, they claimed there was a glitch in their system and sent a new repurchase agreement that would compensate us nothing. So now we are forced to continue paying for a car we do not drive as we work with a lawyer. Also, none of the repairs addressed any of the issues with the sensors going off all the time for no reason because there is no way to recreate the problems. So not only do the internal systems not function properly, but it is also unsafe to drive because the sensors misinterpret the information; the safety braking system can engage when it is not needed causing an accident. So be very wary of Infiniti because after exhaustive research, this is not a new issue, and they still have not addressed it but are still openly selling these vehicles.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Purchase a QX55 a little over a year ago. I had over a year and 4 to 5 time is to service the navigation. But they just say it has been service and it works perfectly. On the fifth time I go in and the navigation still wasn't working. I finally was fed up and told them, "This is ridiculous, I bought a car, and the navigation never works." So, they got some savvy tech, and he also could not get it to work. Finally, I asked them to bring the tech that worked on it and said it worked and show me how it worked for him. When he came out, he also could not get it to work. But he assured me it worked at his workstation. I told him, "How come it was still doing the same from all the previous time I had brought in for."

They put me in another loaner. I go and pick it up and all the other option to input address worked but the Google navigation part did not. And told them I would live with it like they gave it to me, since my husband was not feeling well after his chemotherapy. My husband has cancer and lost over 40 pounds in weight, I decide it was time to take him to see his parent, siblings, nieces and nephews. They all have grown, married and move to different part of Texas. We went to Midland, then I tried to input address for Big Lake, Brownwood and Fredericksburg, but my navigation just kept scrolling. Then finally would just go back to the beginning. I would push home button and scroll and go back to the beginning.

I had to resort to my cell phone to navigate me to those cities. The dealership would even tell me to use my Google on my phone. But why, If I bought a car with all the whistle and bells. I asked, "Would you all refund me for the upgrade of navigation?" No. My husband is so upset that this has gone over a year and still can't get it to work.

I have a sixth appointment for this navigation service on 11/30/2022. Then I am put in a vehicle that does not have the upgrade. So, I have to drive a standard vehicle. I can't believe that they made me believe I was out of my mind that I could not work my navigation. I have had 2 of the QX60 vehicles, never experienced anything like I have. I can't believe that over a year they can't not make it work. For over a year the navigation has not work and I believe this is lemon car. I believe I will have to hire an attorney. Thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2022

To Whom it may concern: We are writing to notify you of all problems we are experiencing with our (2021 Infiniti QX50). Photos were submitted. My wife job consist of driving to her patients houses, and she uses the top screen to navigate to and from. While she’s driving the radio flashes and it resets the channels. The top screen blacks out and the clock sets back 6 hours. She has to reset the SiriusXM channels each time this happens. Our service visits are as follows:

7/30/2022 Car taken to the dealership with the same issues persisting as well the daily, Vehicle Data Transmission is ON message. 07/16/22- 8264 miles- Customer returned to dealership to note that issue still persists, pictures taken by advisor and service manager informed. 07/15/22- 8129 miles- Picked up vehicle for customer by service manager and returned. Performed software update per tech line guidelines (Invoice still open for tech line case). 07/08/22- 8077 miles- Performed software update (Invoice still open for tech line case). 03/24/22- 6491 miles- Replaced AV control unit (Invoice attached). 03/09/22- 6832 miles- Ordered AV control unit (Invoice attached). 02/22/2022- 6498 miles- Performed software update (Invoice attached). I hope that you will resolve this matter promptly, as it is causing us considerable inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Samuel and Cynthia

Original review: June 30, 2022

After owning Acura MDX with no problems for 10 years, I have really regretted after recent purchase of used 2018 Infiniti QX60 with 59000m and it. This car came defective; burning 1 quart of oil per 100 m. Local Infiniti dealer has stated that this car is already out of manufacturer warranty. I have tried to purchase an extended warranty and the same dealer refused to do this due to my car is red-flagged in an Infiniti database for engine service exception. Same dealer calculated parts and labor 11200$ for engine replacement.

Three local repair shops refused to fix Infiniti engine as well saying engine is very problematic. Used engine from junk costs about 5500$ plus labor. I have a feeling that Infiniti does not stay behind their cars, fighting with clients and not providing a viable options to fix defective car. I do have a really bad experience. Will try to get rid of this car ASAP and buy another Acura MDX. I would clearly say, stay away from Infiniti cars.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Let me start by saying that I had driven a 2006 infiniti M35 for 11 years and it made it to 200k miles, so I wanted to buy another one. I purchased a 2017 Q50s 2.0t and I have 88k miles on it. I took it to the Thousand Oaks CA dealership and they charged me the normal diagnostic fee which I agreed to pay, but they couldn't find the problem quickly and wanted to charge me another diagnostic fee, which I felt was unfair, so I picked up the car and took it to Oxnard Ca dealership and paid them another diagnostic fee. They also could not find the problem and said it must be an internal engine failure but didn't know exactly what and said I can pay another $500 for them to further diagnose the car. They quoted me $21k for a new engine, the car is 5 years old and has 88k miles on it, I have done all the service and it should not have this issue.

When I asked if infiiniti would make me an offer on the car, they said NO, so they don't even want their car back. I still have a loan on the vehicle and it's not running, I can't believe that they don't stand behind their cars any longer. I also did not know when I purchased this car that infiniti used a Mercedes engine in this model. This company is ridiculous. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I am insulted. We own three Infiniti/Nissan vehicles 2016, 2018 & 2019 & they falsely voided my engine warranty on my 2019 infiniti QX50 & are trying to make me buy an engine out of pocket. I need assistance and will hire an attorney.

Original review: April 7, 2022

My son purchased this vehicle and has had nothing but problems. Upon checking into it further there are many problems involved with it and it is known. Why wouldn't INFINITI take it upon themselves to rectify these issues and not leave it on the people who purchase their vehicles? Shameful. My son continues paying for a vehicle that has been in and out of the shop more than he's had the chance to even enjoy it and drive it.

Original review: April 2, 2022

We purchased a used 2015 QX80 with 65,000 miles on it. We did love the car and was an amazing ride till this week. We had some issues and it was running very rough and the engine light came on. So we had it towed to a local shop and he said the codes it was pulling it was something internal (P0011 & P0021) and we needed to have it looked at from a dealer. So the Local Nissan diagnosed it as stretched timing chains. They said it was right about $4000 to fix it. So this car just has 105,000 miles on it and we paid nearly $38,000 for it. So I have a car that I paid nearly $40,000 dollars for it, I have only put 40 thousand miles on it and I have to put $4,000 into it to get it running.

I called the Infiniti Consumer affairs and got nothing but sorry. I explained that I have a stay at home mom with 5 kids and we are on a very tight budget, etc. She then said that I would have to have it towed to Infiniti instead of Nissan???? Same company? They said they cannot have Nissan look at it and this was done by one of their master mechanics. So this means tow it a third time with and pay another diagnose fee for what? Infiniti should step up to the plate here. I asked the girl I spoke with to give me a supervisor and she said there were none. She was reading from a script as you could tell just to get you off the phone.

I then asked her how she would feel if you purchased a car for 40,000 dollars and only got 40K out of it and now have to put 4 thousand dollars into it. She said she could not reflect on that? This is what customer service departments have come to? No emotions or anything. Just firmly I cant reflect? I said, (ask your CEO or director how they would feel if their mom of 5 was going through this). Again nothing.

After doing research, this is a problem that Infiniti knows about but is doing nothing. Just look around on some blogs and you will find them. As well there are issues with the catalytic converters at $1,300 a piece for both sides. I was just wanting them to do what's right and stand by the product. I am a sales manager that travels the US and trust me that I will share this story with every individual I come in contact with. In my business I tell my people to treat people right and they will come back every time... Treat people like you want to be treated and you just built a successful business. I cannot believe this company and its products. We will never purchase another Infiniti or Nissan and I will make sure my kids remember what we are going through when they make their decisions for a car. I will share this story at every sales meeting, and while visiting clients for sure!!!

Original review: March 2, 2022

2012 pearl white qx56 paint started peeling December 2021. I called Infiniti and found out there was a factory recall on the paint. Recall ended in 2020. If a auto manufacturer has a known paint problem on a particular make model and color vehicle they should do the right thing and take care of it and not have to be taken to court to do so. Factory applied well maintained paint should last.

Infiniti Company Information