Infiniti

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just want to start I am Infiniti loyal customer, this is my 3rd Infiniti. My current car is QX70. About 4 months ago my car would start and shut off. I took it to Oklahoma city Infiniti dealer and they diagnose the issue a day change the break switch with didn't help. Took it the 2nd time and they program the computer and told me this will solve the issues. Same day after I picked the car start doing the same thing + jerking while speeding and slowing down and out power at all. I took it back and they went and changed the engine magnetic head which I don't understand why. Picked the car and 2 days before Christmas while doing shopping with my little girl, while waiting at a traffic light the car shut off. I had to put the gear on park and start the car. This is a safety concerns. I called the dealer the next day and was asked to bring the car.

This time I took a video of the car not starting and show it to the service manager which he now have proof. The dealer can't diagnose the issue and I been told by the shop foreman to contact Infiniti consumer affair which I did. After they contact me I been told by OKC dealer I can't no longer bring the car to them since the Infiniti corporate been notify. The consumer affair supervisor informed me that Infiniti can't do anything special to fix the car. What I can do take it to different dealer which about 120 miles which I did and they have the car now. So Infiniti is aware of this issue and I have 3 recorded videos of the issues and won't do anything even it's a safety issue. Hope Jacki ** of Tulsa Oklahoma will be able to help. WILL SEE.

The transmission was destroyed by the transmission radiator when it allowed coolant to flow into the transmission, flushing transmission fluid. (1) Sudden thump suggested an unseen road hazard. (2) After 2 hrs garaged and 2 miles: trans would slam into gear, surge forward 3 secs after full stop; shifting began clunking; trans would slip into N and engine rev; finally at ~30 miles engine light lit, and only 1st gear worked. Repair costs = estimated value of vehicle. Separate Review to be submitted on Jim Coleman Infiniti (Rockville, MD) and Infiniti USA.

Purchased a 2009 infiniti FX35, the car now has 60k miles. While driving the car it will rev up to 4000 + rpms shut down to idle and will not move until car is shut off and restarted. This is a MAJOR safety issue and a resolution needs to be resolved. Infiniti is aware of the problem and has a solution to fix some models of the FX35 but not all. Mine being one of them. We bought this car for reliability, while it has been a very reliable car this issue warrants a detailed response.

There's a lot to like about the entire Infiniti line: it's always been a combination of performance, quality and luxury. My Q50 4-door is my fourth, although the first three were the G37s and the Q60 sport models. And until now, I don't remember ever having any problem whatsoever. Until now. So I'll dispense with further platitudes and go right to the issues.

It won't drive in a straight line and I've been told that this is a function of steer-by-wire. Seriously? They did this on purpose? Driving around town you can't tell but as soon as you hit a straight on a highway, you become aware, because the car constantly drifts either right or left, which requires making a steering adjustment every few seconds. (And no, it isn't the wheel alignment.) On a long drive this is fatiguing in the arms and in your head. You can't relax. Ever! Also, having a car that constantly drifts is just plain dangerous. I have another appointment with my local service dept but I don't have high hopes.

They've over complicated the NAV/audio display systems. Controls for the NAV system are in 3 different places. The USB (my primary music listening) display system won't perform the simplest tasks properly, either manually or by speech (which is a total fail). I live in south Florida, where you have to be afraid of the drivers around you. I don't have the luxury of taking my eyes off the road to try and figure out how to make things work.

Infiniti's Consumer Affairs Dept has been less than useless in these matters. The first person they assigned to my case, some regional manager named Shala, didn't return my many calls and when I finally caught up with her and explained my situation, she never followed up. (I complained about Shala but no one followed up on my complaint.) The second person, someone named Amanda, said that the car was performing within its design parameters. Again... less than useless. So this is the current state of affairs with Infiniti Customer (Consumer) Affairs. They don't care.

Of the various drive modes, I prefer the Sport setting, as it tightens up the steering and the suspension but there is no way to permanently set it. It requires an adjustment every time you start the car. Gas mileage around town is an abysmal 15 mpg and I do not hot rod the car. (In all fairness, it does get 31 mpg on the highway, even without Eco mode.) They've done away with the warning buzzer for the rear camera, making using the camera problematic. You have video but you have to guess how close you are to things you're backing up against. And finally, I use the auto seat adjusts for driving and exit positions and sometimes when I'm getting out, it resets itself to the driving position, catching me in between. Ouch! My 2011 Q60 sport was the best car I ever had. I should have bought it when the leaser came due. This Q50? Meh!

DO NOT TRUST INFINITI. Infiniti Leasing will attempt to take money from you in every way possible. After being a loyal leasing customer for almost 7 years, I returned my second leased Infiniti FX35/37. At the time of leasing I pre-paid for any minor damages, scratches, small dings, etc. When I turned the vehicle in I was told everything was good. BUT, approximately 4 months later I received a phone call from a debt collector saying I owed Infiniti additional money to cover minor scratches and dings. I attempted to resolve this with the dealership who said it outside their responsibility. I attempted to resolve this with Infiniti Leasing who said that I needed to work with the dealership. After many months of back and forth and risk to my credit rating - I gave up and just paid. Thank you Infiniti - Merry Christmas to you... I hope this small bill you overcharged me was worth losing a customer for life and the negative reviews I will give to everyone I meet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infiniti?

Re: 2014 Infiniti QX60 – MILEAGE 21213. Let me begin by saying I am a loyal Infiniti owner. I purchased a 2013 JX35 from Infiniti of Lynbrook and every experience with them was professional and delightful. Their customer service was exceptional. The only reason why I went to Infiniti of Manhasset is because Infiniti of Lynbrook didn’t have the vehicle that I was interested in purchasing. I assumed that I would receive the same great service at Infiniti of Manhasset so I took a chance with them. I am sorry I took a chance with Infiniti of Manhasset and regret purchasing my vehicle with them.

On December 5, 2016 I visited Infiniti of Manhasset interested in seeing and test driving the above referenced vehicle. I was introduced to Michael ** the Used Car Manager and I explained that I was approved by my credit union and I had an Infiniti JX35 before so I was interested in a QX60. He introduced me to the Sales Consultant Benjamin **. Benjamin ** accompanied me on a test drive and we walked around the vehicle to check for dents, scratches and any other issues the vehicle might have had. It was approximately 8pm at that time and dark outside making it impossible to see all the issues the vehicle might have had.

I told Benjamin ** that I was interested in purchasing the vehicle and the negotiating began. Michael ** explained that there was an $850 “Dealership Fee” and was insisting that I allow him to run my credit through his banks. I explained that I was approved and had no reason to run my credit again. Furthermore, I was unwilling to pay the $850 “Dealership Fee” and I wanted to know why he was so adamant in wanting to run my credit through the banks. Michael **'s tone changed to an aggressive manner and he started explaining to me that he wasn’t making any money off of me!

He said that he had many hits online for this vehicle and didn’t need my sale. I could take it or leave it. He was going to sell that car. He said the $850 is his commission and the Banks give him a kickback with every inquiry. I told him that I was in the process of purchasing a home and that I didn’t want my credit run again and that I wanted to negotiate the car price based on the listed online price $33,489. In the end $33,249 was agreed upon in addition Benjamin ** and I noticed the vehicle had a small dent and chipped paint in two areas and it was told to me that that would be fixed by Thursday December 8, 2016 when I pick up the vehicle at 11am.

Moving forward to Thursday December 8, 2016 I arrive at approximately 2:30pm with my husband Marcus **. We take a look at the vehicle and there is dried gum on the back passenger side of the vehicle, the cup holders were filthy with a blue sticky paste and it was apparent that the car was NOT detailed it had been washed but no special attention was taken to present this car to its new owner. A careful review of the vehicle in the daytime revealed that the rims on the vehicle are scratched and dented. I did not notice this discrepancy on Monday December 5, 2016 when I originally saw the vehicle. I explained that I was unhappy with the rims on the vehicle and my husband asked if they could take clean rims off of another vehicle and switch my rims.

Michael ** explained that he could not do that and back in the aggressive, condescending, rude tone he had on Monday said that fixing the rim would cost him money and he wasn’t doing that. He said that he would have the rim detailed the same day that he would have the chipped paint fixed. But he wasn’t spending any money to fix the rims because that wasn’t discussed on Monday. I told him that Benjamin and I didn’t see the rims because it was dark in the parking lot and that shouldn’t matter. My husband explained that he could lose the deal over a rim and again Michael ** went on to explain, continuously mentioning that he could sell this vehicle to someone who was not present in the dealership with a check ready to purchase.

Michael ** repeatedly expressing how someone else could purchase this vehicle made me feel as if my money was not wanted or needed in your dealership. I was not applying for a loan I walked in with money to purchase this vehicle outright. Your Used Car Manager made me feel as if my business wasn’t wanted. Could it be because I am **? Was he speaking to me in a rude condescending manner because he could care less about his customers? It is unprofessional to tell a customer that you are not making any money off of them! I believe he made no effort to correct the paint job prior to pick up, I believe he didn’t ensure the vehicle was detailed prior to the 11am pick up time, I believe he saw the rims were scratched and dented but could care less because I am a ** Woman. I am sure if I were a ** Woman he would have never spoken to me in the manner in which he did.

Michael ** made me feel like he could care less about my bank check. That I wasn’t important because if I was he would have walked through that vehicle himself to make sure that it was at Infiniti of Manhasset’s standard! His condescending tone made me very uncomfortable and I spent the entire evening regretting my purchase and wishing I went back to Infiniti of Lynbrook where I had purchased my 2013 JX35 two years prior.

No one should be left to feel like they are less than or unimportant. When Michael ** left Benjamin **'s office we heard him telling the other Infiniti employees that we were complaining about the dented rims and that he wasn’t going to fix or change any rims laughing about it like if we were a joke. This infuriated me! He could have at least waited until we left before he chose to talk about us.

The Sales Consultant Benjamin ** was very helpful. He test drove the vehicle with me. He went through all of the vehicles features and he explained that he would handle scheduling my future maintenance appointments. I will never purchase another vehicle from Infiniti Manhasset. As a Correction Officer I fully intend on expressing my horrible experience with this dealership to my co-workers to ensure none of our over 9,000 Officers never have to deal with this type of disrespect. I fully intend on communicating with Infiniti’s corporate office and consumer affairs about my experience with Infiniti of Manhasset.

It's my second lease and very reliable - just the airbag recalls are very very concerning. The dealership experience and lease specials are always great. I'm on my second lease and feel very safe, have many features, good lease specials, haven't had many problems and my lease is up in 3 months so just went in to get my third however am having a serious issue with IFS (Infiniti financial services), I have lease 4 back to back, so two Nissan Muranos, and two Infinitis. They are the same company and that's 15 years worth of perfect history however in the last 6 months had a few online bill pay issues and they won't address and work with me and flat out stated they don't care if they lose a customer.

I have been a loyal customer for all of these years and contacted their leadership because all I deal with is their rude call center people and one said when I asked if things are out of people's control they don't care if lose a customer because I just was there and picked out my new car and payment negotiated and since I didn't get their loyalty/top tier level this year I don't get their incentives and he said no sorry. I have tried so many ways to contact higher up and found one person's email and sent to him and no reply and filled out a form on their infinitiusa site and no response and guarantees a reply back. So sadly am going to have to move on to new brand.

2008 still looks new and drives awesome. Bought the infiniti m35 used - it is an awesome car, still has class and looks great. I like it better than the new infinities. It is a great car and was under 15k in price. It has leather cool and heated seats and a lot of technology. These are great cars that last forever.

I have had an issue with my lease. I went to INFINITI OF RIVERSIDE and the car salesman was Tahir **. The salesman was completely dishonest and did not do anything he promised to do. I inquired about a lease since my lease was coming to an end. He continued to text me the same day and insisted I go in that very day in order to get a deal. Upon going in to look at the cars I told him I would like to return after speaking with my prior leasing company to make sure that I had all my numbers in order. I told him that I usually go with a Broker and he insisted that he was also a broker and that he can get the same deals. I then told him I was not looking to put any money down at the moment that why I didn't want to get the car that very day. He insisted we go on a test drive and we did. I didn't like vehicles color so I insisted I would come back later.

He then told me that if we leased the car that day that Infiniti would take care of all the remaining payments, damage fees, and disposition fees. It sounded good but I still had a budget I wanted to stay under. The budget was that of 400.00. He then said that if we got it that day he would be able to do everything, take my old car that day and that he would take care of everything to return it, pay any fees, and I wouldn't have to worry about anything. All he said was that he would need a down payment in order to make the deal. Originally not wanting a down payment I figured if everything was going to be taken care of then it wasn't a bad deal for a 2 year lease. So I decided to try out Infiniti and so far it has been a horrible experience!

He told me I could only get a 3 year lease, then he said for the down payment I would have to write out a blank check for 1,600 as the down payment. He never called Lexus to make sure they came to check the car I had to do that. I have been having to deal with Lexus since not everything has been paid off! So now I still owe Lexus upwards of $600 and I have a higher payment on my Infiniti lease because it was going to be a little higher in order to cover any cost. This is the worst car buying experience I have ever experienced and will be glad to return this car and never do business with a shady company like this! I have tried contacting Ali and all he said was that I should take car of it on my own now. And he stopped responding to me.

I've owned my QX60 for less than three months and after less than 3k miles the bottom portion of the driver's seat no longer heats or cools, however, the back part does. I took it for warranty work to the Infiniti dealership in Silver Spring, MD and they told me that the seat immediately worked for them which I know is a lie because amazingly it didn't work after I got back in the car. They said they hooked it up to the computer and the computer showed it was working properly, however, they never showed me the computer results nor did they show me that the seat worked. In addition to the seat not working properly the rear windshield sprayer was clogged and they blamed it on the dealership who sold it to me. They unclogged it, but it still doesn't spray, it just shoots out washer fluid.

Buying this vehicle was a waste of my money and I should've known better than to purchase another Nissan product considering I owned an Altima several years ago and the alternator went bad with only 30k miles. In addition, the CD player in the Altima would jam anytime a CD with a paper label on it was put in it. They replaced the CD changed once, but the 2nd time it happened it was out of warranty and they wouldn't replace it. Based on that I should never have purchased another Nissan product and I won't ever again. The only reason I didn't purchase an MDX is because it cost several thousand more, but it would've been worth paying the extra thousands because that's probably what I'll spend on the QX60 after the warranty is up.

I had a JX35 (QX60), one of my worst car ever. First this SUV drive was very poor. The car HP was too weak. It drive like a 4 cylinder car on a large SUV. The electronic panel (dashboard fell off to the floor), the electric component got rusted and needed to be replaced. The prevention collision system was malfunctioning. It activated spontaneously and make my car to stopped completely while driving and even prevented me from stop while I was driving.

Even with all this bad experiences I really loved my SUV, it has all the features I wanted. I was extremely comfortable, I really liked the panoramic roof, but I got the worst experienced from Infiniti, Puerto Rico. I took the car to the dealer and after a long talk and trying to get rid of my beloved SUV. I trade my JX35 for a brand new Q60 convertible... A really bad choice.

The hard top one got stuck in the upright position semi opened then the car began scratching the car while the hard top was being opened, it began scratching one side and then both side. I took my car 8 time for repair, and they say the car has nothing wrong. Today my car is at the dealer for repairs again with the scratching... I really like the car overall. The driving, the handling, the motor, the interior but these two car were the worst car ever with the worst service ever. Hoping to trade this car again for an Acura or BMW or other SUV.

I am an owner of a 2008 EX35 journey. I really like the car but I'm having a difficult time understanding why the dashboard is cracking. I always thought that infiniti had a reputation of high quality and I'm very disappointed to know that they won't even consider replacing my dashboard. What I did learn from this experience is that I would not consider purchasing another infiniti.

I live in the San Bernardino Valley where the temperatures reach an excess of 106F. I frequently visit my daughter who lives in the high desert of Adelanto with similar temperatures, and I travel to Arizona where I have family. In July I was sent a recall that indicated my passenger airbag inflator has the risk of rupturing, resulting in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants causing serious injury or death in areas with high levels of absolute humidity. For that reason, I have limited my life, and refrained from having passengers in my car because clearly I care for the life of others more than INFINITI does. I contacted INFINITI today, and to no surprise there is still no repair, or solution in sight. This is my first and last. Toyota is where I should have stayed. L60, here I come.

Absolutely appalled at the customer service experience I have had with Infiniti Consumer Affairs. This is my second Infiniti and I always used to rave about how amazing the cars were and how quality the materials used in them were and that has all changed now that I'm having issues with my current car. I bought a pre-owned 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible with only 1 previous owner and garage kept. I have always used sun visors in my cars to protect the dashboard as much as possible. Over the summer one day when I was taking the visor down one was completely stuck as if it had been glued to my dashboard. I had to tug extremely hard for it to finally come off. I then noticed it was very sticky as if it was melting and extremely shiny. The shine creates a glare/reflection on the windshield which is very dangerous and impairs vision when driving.

I went to my local Nissan dealership as the Infiniti dealership was close when I got off work. The 2 service advisors who helped me were extremely helpful and when I asked about the dashboard they immediately knew what I was talking about. They let me know that it has been a common issue amongst many 2008-2009 Nissans and that they have been having to direct consumers to consumer affairs in order to get further assistance. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs and they let me know that I have to speak with Infiniti Consumer Affairs as my car is an Infiniti. I then called the Infiniti Consumer Affairs number and after speaking with the "FL Regional Manager" Korby/Corby not sure how her name is spelled, she let me know there was nothing they would do to help. Extremely surprised that I was offered no assistance or guidance on a remedy for the situation.

I asked again what can be done as this is a manufacture default and should absolutely be a recall and was given no resolution. She only apologized that the outcome was not favorable to me. How ridiculous? I expect that from a lower end non luxury car manufacturer, but never from Infiniti. Something should be done for the many consumers affected by the manufacturer’s poor material use. When I touch it with my finger a layer of black sticky residue comes off. It's horrible. I can't even clean it or get rid of the sticky shiny residue because anything I use will just stick to it. After researching, I found this is an issue for many other Infiniti G37 owners. I am awaiting a call from someone higher than the Regional Manager, so we will see if I even hear back from someone. I am so disappointed with Infiniti.

I will be further complaining to the dealership I purchased from, Infiniti of Tampa Bay who probably knew about this issue when the car was sold to me. Hopefully this issue doesn't become worse and cause any accidents for anyone or else Infiniti will be dealing with lawsuits when they could have done the right thing and fixed their mistake. I can't wait to get rid of this car and move on to a real luxury car and will be telling anyone and everyone my story and to stay away from Infiniti.

I even found this complaint from a gentleman online and I agree with him 100%. "Numerous consumers have been complaining about the lack of quality, specifically in the 2008-2009 dashboard components of the Infiniti G37. There have been reports of melting and sticky dashboards as a result of poor build quality. These dashboards are costly to replace and should not be the responsibility of the consumer. Infiniti needs to step forward and back the quality claims of their brand and own up to this production flaw."

My wife and I have a 2015 Q60 S Limited edition. It was broken into two days ago by someone popping the cover on the key entry and jamming a screw driver into the lock causing the windows to roll down giving them easy access to the car and contents and causing damage to the door and lock. After doing an internet search I found that this is a known issue with Infinity's dating back to 2008 and therefore making the cars a target. I would like to have Infinity fix this issue with our car and others so that the windows will not just roll down when a screw driver is jammed into the key entry. Possible solutions: Disable the roll down feature, remove key cylinder or other. At this time they will do nothing and the dealership will not comment on the known issue. They referred me to Infinity consumer affairs that offered nothing.

We bought a QX 56 in 2006. We have had numerous problems. On August 24, 2016 my brakes failed with my children in the car. It felt like air popping and my car jerked and shook a few times. The brakes went to the floor. The brake light did illuminate. After restarting the car everything was completely normal! Infiniti denies the 100's of brake failure complaints. Death trap. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Where should I start. A few months ago my 2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo began to show condensation on the front driver side fog light. I took it to my nearest Kia dealership (Ourisman Kia in Chantilly, VA) and they were very prompt in helping out and nice. Great group of people and great service department. The service department changed the whole fog light assembly and the issue continued to occur. Ourisman Kia escalated the issue to Kia Headquarters to see what could be done. Within a week a representative contacted me and was very polite in explaining the process. The Kia representative explained that because we had already changed the fog light assembly, he had to escalate the issue to a different office.

The representative stated that someone from that office would contact me within two or three business day. I talked to the initial representative on 10 August 2016 at 17:30 pm and since then I have yet received any phone calls from the other department that is supposedly handling my case. I have called four separate times (08/15/2016, 08/17/2016, 08/19/2016 and 8/22/2016) directly to the person in charge of my case and nothing. I have been able to talk to other representative and they have been very helpful, but they tell me they can't do anything because my case has been escalated to a different office. I'm hoping to get a phone call soon, but for now worst experience I've ever had with Kia.

I purchased the car and 6 days later the engine blew. Long story short, Patrick ** said "take it to Garcia." THE ENGINE NEEDED REPLACED. After 2 weeks I got it back. When I got it back the engine ran but the air conditioner was broke so the next day took it BACK FOR AIR CONDITIONER. Then I had this car for 3 weeks and it overheated. The engine light came on...I haven't been driving it. I am going to take it in for repairs again but I am afraid I have been too trusting. Now it's been 2 months. I am going to take it in. I hope CarHop/UAC make it right. I have had this car two months and I'm afraid to drive it anywhere for fear it will break down. I am taking to THEIR mechanic tomorrow. My warranty is good. I'll have it FIXED again. Hmmm fixed...right.

Updated on 07/16/2016: Well it's been a couple of weeks update. I called 07/15/16 to tell them I had fixed the car. It cost me but I would pay them Aug 1 my July 1 bill. They said no. That if I didn't pay the full amount they would disable my starter. WELL...AN HOUR LATER I CHECKED AND YES ONCE AGAIN STRANDED WITHOUT TRANSPORTATION. I am a single 32 yr who has to not only figure out a way around but I have PTSD. This is not my idea of good customer service. That car altogether has ran for maybe 2 1/2 weeks total. I finally get it working and Garcia turns it off. I need a lawyer.

I leased a QX 60 with all the bells and whistles. Nice car a bit under powered but it was for the wife. Recently, I turned in the lease and Infiniti claimed there was over $3,000 in repairs. I inspected the vehicle myself after having it detailed, I saw nowhere near the so called damages. After their so called 3rd party inspection, they stated there were chips in the paint and dents, which conveniently cost $300 apiece to fix. I asked them to provide me with pictures of the damage. They refused. At this point, I either was going to pay the so called damages or hire an attorney. It's interesting, the damages were right around what it would have cost me to hire legal council. It is my belief that Infiniti leasing has questionable business practices.

My black Infiniti began having paint issues. At first I thought it was damaged by something in the environment, etc. But upon inspection, you could clearly see the distinct outlines of the decals that had been placed on the car years earlier. The damage began there has now spread over entire car. I don't know if the paint or clearcoat had a chemical reaction to the paint or perhaps the decals prevented the coating from doing its job or perhaps the solvent sprayed on to remove the decals had some kind of effect. I researched on the internet and found several other issues of the transportation decals causing delayed paint failure on Infiniti vehicles. It is obvious from photos that the damage is not random or naturally occurring.

I'm having an issue with your service department. I have tried since November to have a refund issue take care of and every time I am promised oh its going to be ok this time. However I have dealt with 3 different service advisors all promising the same yet I am still waiting to see any results. I was overcharged for a service that my pre paid maintenance covered. When I brought it up to the first advisor she basically said it "wasn't her job to look it up but I can bring the paperwork in if I can prove it". When I finally got in with the paperwork guess what she no longer worked there. Astonishing. I was then sent to another advisor who promised me he would send this up. Didn't hear anything from him so in may I came into your dealership to find out what's going on and guess what he doesn't work there now either.

Now on to my third interaction again let me make some copies and sent this up. Which leads me to today my call to find out whats going on to only be told by your associate there is nothing I can do over the phone let me send it up. I explained at this point that is unacceptable. I need assurances. The service advisor continued to talk over me and showed no empathy to how ridiculous this process has been for me and even decided to tell me there is nothing that he can do for me and hang up on me. I really hope those calls are recorded because this is not how you should treat your customer. Thoroughly disgusted. I bought a G37 IPL edition not because I like to have an 700 to 800 payment. It was because I thoroughly believed in the brand but after this I will never step foot on another Infiniti dealership ever again.

I noticed a few bubbles on my dashboard about a year or 2 ago but over the last several months, it has gotten worse and worse and is now at the point where there are thousands. I am VERY disappointed that this is happening to a car that I spent a lot of $ on and is supposed to be a "luxury" car -- my cousin googled it and found there was a warranty on it and Infiniti admitted to using a poor material on their dashboards which was the reason they are all completely falling apart and bubbling up.

I called immediately to see how I could go about getting mine fixed and was advised my warranty expired in October of 2015 -- and that a letter was never sent to me, it went to the original owner (I bought it a year used) and there was NOTHING they would do for me. This is the worst customer service I have ever received -- Infiniti should take pride in their vehicles and should own their mistake and pay for all customers who have been affected -- they then asked me which Infiniti dealer I went to for servicing to which I replied I have gone to the one in Norwood but that was 3-4 years ago as we moved to Cape Cod which is 70 miles from the closest one and it wasn't feasible for me to bring my car there every time I needed it serviced.

To replace this dashboard, it will cost around $1,500 or more -- I will never purchase another Infiniti again if Infiniti doesn't do the right thing and help out their customers -- inadequate notifications were sent out and were never followed up on, I was never advised anything of this by my local dealer, and now I am being left to pick up the pieces financially.

I am disgusted by the poor customer service I have received and the unwillingness to help me as I am not a "valuable enough customer" since I don't utilize the dealership for my services -- if Infiniti doesn't do the right thing and pay for the dashboard that was destroyed by their poor materials that they used, not because of the fault of it's drivers, I don't think I will ever recommend or buy an Infiniti again -- how am I to know that something like this won't happen with my next Infiniti --- If Infiniti wants to put their consumers first, they should be willing to pay for all of them, as it is not only an embarrassment to me when I drive other people in my car and they immediately ask what is wrong with my dashboard, but it is an embarrassment to Infiniti.

I had my vehicle in at Coulter Infiniti (AZ) for service for recall work on the timing chain. I had to have it towed back into them several weeks later when the car broke down again. They said it was just a loose battery cable. I knew it wasn't but they insisted that it was. They told me it was all fixed and I could take my long road trip to CA without an issues at all. Of course the car broke down as we got to CA and so I called Coulter Infiniti and they said they couldn't help me. I found Orange Coast Infiniti and they helped a ton. I am 1 month later now and still my car isn't repaired. Orange Coast has been awesome and found out that Coulter installed screws in the last repair on the timing chain and it cause the CAM arm to break and oil to leak out. My QX56 needs an entire new long block due to metal in the engine from this faulty repair.

I have been talking with Coulter Infiniti for a month now and they won't back the warranty and insist that I have to have my car towed back to AZ to have the dealer that broke my car fix it. They won't honor service warranty for the repairs at Orange Coast Infiniti. I am a month out of my car, rental bills piling up, $2,000 tear down cost at Orange Coast Infiniti to diagnose the cause of the issue and $26,000 repair bill and NOBODY at Infiniti Corporate helping me or stand behind their warranty with their own dealer!!! I can't afford all of this and an attorney already told me it is a losing battle to go up against a car manufacturer. I would be out thousands of dollars without reimbursement from Infiniti. Infiniti Consumer Affairs is a JOKE. They don't help their customers at all. They just cover up for their crappy dealerships!!! I am so upset and in tears over this. I have no idea where to go or what to do.

I have purchased 2 Infiniti Qx56 SUV's brand new. My current 2012 has been in the shop over 10x with the same problem. The dealership explains the problem to me and how this is "unique." Each time the cause is something different when they document it and check you out. Now the truck is out of warranty and it will be my responsibility if it happens again. Trust me when I say, "It will happen again." Being stranded and having to be without my own vehicle for days. One time it was in the shop for 21 days, they claimed they were waiting for a part from overseas.

I did contact Infiniti corporate office and they refused to do anything. I had bizarre electrical problems with my first Infiniti QX56 as well. I had it in the shop multiple times and no one could ever figure that "unique" problem out either. I purchased my second one because it was the new body style and it was very spacious. The sales team was very sligh about and claiming it was all revamped and no issues reported. They do have a good looking vehicle but I will never never again buy an Infiniti. For the price ($80,000) you would expect more. They are not trained in customer satisfaction, quality or customers service.

Forever wait time. Menu options are repetitive and generic. Worst customer service I have encountered. The customer service is so awful it deters me from wanting to rent/buy a car from Infiniti.

I have had my Infiniti convertible in for service 4 times now due to the cables breaking when opening and closing the top. The most recent repair was today after I opened the top for the first time this year. The dealership explains the problem to me and how this is unique. But each time the cause is something different (broken clips, sync issue...). But now the car is out of warranty and it will be my responsibility if it happens again. Trust me when I say, "It will happen again". The cable design is not a good engineering solution for moving a heavy hood. Probably why the auto makers do not implement it. Each of my last three cars have been convertibles. I love them but never again will it be an Infiniti.

We purchased our 2010 G37 from Infiniti of Peoria (AZ) and both the car and service have been exceptional. A couple of minor items (window trim and transmission reprogram) were dealt with in 2011, and only routine servicing since. Even after six years, our salesperson (Robert) still remembers our names and stops by to chat whenever we are in for service. The car is a great highway cruiser, and still runs like it is new - by far the best car we have owned.

This is the second time I had bad experience with my Infiniti QX70 glasses. Recently my sunroof was exploded and contacted Infiniti local dealer and they just gave me estimate of 1k+ without examining the damage. I gave all the details and showed the proof though they are not interested to see the broken glass. This is the leased vehicle and <60k mileage warranty is still there. They say that it's Canadian imported vehicle and can't warranty it.

I purchased my 1st Infiniti almost 2 years ago. I have spent more time in a loaner car than the car I purchased. The motor has to replaced at 37K miles. The head gasket has been replaced twice and my car is currently back in the shop again. The car has left me stranded twice! This is a manufacturer defect! I guess my safety and wellbeing is not a concern for Infiniti or the BBB. I'm assuming I would need to get injured or possibly killed in this car (lemon) before Infiniti will acknowledge the obvious defect. Infiniti/Nissan pride themselves on having award-winning Customer Service. I unfortunately would need disagree as this is the first Infiniti I have owned and the Customer Service/concern I have received has been anything but award winning!

We have a 2005 FX35 with the dashboard bubbling issue. We received no notification of an extended warranty with respect to the dashboard defect. We have lived at the same address with the same telephone number and email address that we provided Infiniti when we first took our car in for service in 2009. We purchased the 2005 from CarMax in Richmond, VA in 2009 and there were no dashboard issues. We were never notified of an extended warranty because of this material defect. When I googled the problem in 2014, I contacted Infiniti customer service and they said the extended warranty had expired 1 year earlier and there was nothing they could do. We open and read all of our mail each and every day before discarding and we never received an extended warranty.

We contacted Jeb **, service manager, at Infiniti in Richmond, VA. He said there was nothing he could do. He also stated that he personally found that Infiniti was more willing to work with car owners to repair the dashboard even if it was passed the 8 year extended warranty if they were customer who took their vehicles to Infiniti for repairs (I guess because Infiniti makes money on these folks and are more willing to honor fixing this known defect on a high end expensive vehicle). We are just sick. We were told by YOU (ConsumerAffairs) that because we were calling 1 year later that you refuse to cover the cost of this dashboard which is well over $3000. I was appalled! We have babied and taken wonderful care of our car. It looks like it is 2 years old when it is, in fact, 11 years old.

We were planning to purchase another Infiniti but will not if we know you don't honor your loyal customers. What can you do for us? I am writing you for the second time a year later because we have to drive in this car to work each day only to look at a disgusting dashboard that keeps getting worse. Won't you please help us! We don't take our cars for repairs to the local Infiniti dealer because we take it for all of its scheduled maintenance to the local Nissan dealer which is closer to our home. Aren't you the same company? Why don't you honor this dashboard replacement when you know it is a known defect and nothing we have done to the car? (We even keep a shade screen up each and every day in our front window). Please do the right thing and replace our dashboard. We only have 80,000 miles on our car and are planning to keep it a long time. Please help!

Infiniti Company Profile