3.43/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Infiniti

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

518 Infiniti Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We just bought the Infiniti QX60- It was important that we could access the third row with having car seats installed. Dealer assured you could and it was a huge selling point for this car (even showed us Youtube videos). Turns out, only certain car seats work with this feature and only until the child is 40 pounds (this feature doesn't work with seat belt installation). Dealer lied to us but Infiniti won't do anything as they say it's not a defect, even though clearly false advertising. Dealer told us to use a booster seat (for a 2 year old) to solve our problem. Worst car experience ever.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Have 4 yr old M37X. Service regularly at Infiniti dealer purchased vehicle. Headlamp seal broke down with water entering headlamp. No damage at all to headlamp. Infiniti service department said very rare, but $2000 for new lamp. Nearly 5% of cost of car. Service department agreed ridiculous as suggested filing claim with Infiniti (did) or go to body shop who'd resell for $300. Filed claim, Infiniti said on your own. Claim details referenced and service agent not even correct. Lost customer - service and new purchase.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Hi, angry and disappointed Infiniti customer here. I purchased my 2004 Infiniti Fx35 back in 2011. I was very happy with my vehicle until I came back from boot camp. U.S Marines and noticed that my dashboard was bubbling up all over. It look ugly. I feel embarrassed to give people rides. I don't like this car anymore. I did some research about this, and found out that I was not alone. There are hundreds of Infiniti customers who are on the same boat as I am. Most of them took advantage of the extended warranty, which I did not know anything about, did not receive a letter, was not notified until it was already too late.

I called my dealership where I bought the vehicle, and they simply said I needed to pay a little over $1,000 to have it replaced. That's ridiculous! And a little crazy. Like I mentioned above, I am not a happy customer. Called the Infiniti customer affairs number, and they were not willing to help with this matter issue. Case closed. I'm screwed.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I took my car in to the Plaza Infinity dealership to have recall for airbag replaced which I was told would take 2-3 hours. I was provided a loaner car. Mechanic called 5 hours later requesting if I wanted additional work done on car. My flood light changed, and that they had completed the recall and just need to place the dashboard back on. I didn't receive a call back that day on Monday. I called, left advisor voicemail to see if car was ready. The next day on Tuesday no one called and I called several times and left voicemail. No one return my call. Wednesday around noon advisor called and advised that my dashboard had been damaged during replacing recall, and the dashboard was on back order and I would get a call when it comes in. I was like really, no one advised me this on Monday or Tuesday, these huge hole like the vents in dashboard.

Consumer Affairs with infinity has been no help. There are others waiting on dashboard replacements since back in March. Nowhere in the recall letter do the alert this could possibly happen to your vehicle. I am seeking justice because this is not right. I also called a dealership who advised that the dashboard for M35 has been discontinued. The part is not even in production so how are you promising consumers that this will be fixed.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I purchased a used 2004 G35 Coupe about a year ago. Just found it on a lot and loved the look and it had extremely low miles. It looks and rides fabulous. It’s got a lot of "go" when you need it. For a 6 cup anyway. Got rear ended and not a scratch. The front end got clipped at an intersection and I'm amazed at how little damage there was. Seems to be a really well built vehicle. I’d love to get a newer model, but acted pricey for my budget. Maybe someday.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infiniti?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

In April 2014 I leased a brand new Infiniti Q 50 for 3 years (39 months). During the lease I maintained and serviced my Infiniti Q 50 exclusively at the Infiniti dealership where I purchased it. At approximately 24,000 miles I replaced all four tires. In June 2017 I turned in my vehicle, One month early and with 35994 miles, 3000 less miles than I could have used. I had the salesman who had sold me the car look at it and he thought it was in very good condition. I had never been in an accident with it or run into anything. I read the excessive wear and use explanation and thoroughly went through the car myself. The only thing I found was road rash on one of the tire rims, and a very small dent (a quarter) on one of the doors. No paint was missing/damaged.

Later that week I asked my service personnel to retrieve a copy of the inspection on the car. I received it and waited for my final statement. I was not purchasing another Infiniti or having another lease. I think this is noteworthy. I immediately sent a check for my last month's lease payment and the disposition fee and tax totaling $824.19. This statement from the actual inspection state chargeable and non-chargeable items. In the chargeable item column the curb rash $55, Front bumper $80, and right front door no paint needed $88. Totaling $223. Non-chargeable damage included the hood at $116 and the rear bumper $10. They noted all the tires were OK. Total for all damage was $349.

When I received my statement from Infiniti their itemized wear and use was $1132 plus 6% tax 67.92 = $1192.92. They are charging me for wear and use on both rear tires which have less than 12,000 miles on them, scratches on the front bumper and the wheel (this charge is the only one that's exactly like the estimate that the third-party inspection gave $55). They're even charging me for a manual that I personally checked and was there $15 I've never even taken it out of the car. All the charges except for the wheel are massively inflated and I feel like I'm being taken advantage of because I didn't buy a new car from them or lease another vehicle. I would be willing to pay the $349 from the original inspection which is probably fair. Please help me. I've called them, spoken to supervisor, emailed them my copy and I never heard back from them. Now it's almost time for the money to be due and I've been messing around with this for two months.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My Nissan Infiniti is fifteen years old and still performs miraculously. Great gas mileage, and rarely requires repairs. It's also quite classy in appearance. Has taken me on lengthy road trips without a hitch.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I purchased the flagship Infiniti QX56 on March 27th 2017 from an Infiniti Dealership here in the North East. As of today I haven't even put 2500 miles on the vehicle and it's been the dealer's service 3 times. The A.C. fan coupler and battery drain issues. The battery was just installed by the previous owner in 2015 at an Infiniti dealer and clearly reads that it has an 84 month warranty. However, Mandie from Infiniti's North East Consumer Affairs Region stated that the battery warranty was only good for the prior customer and does not carry over to me. I would have to purchase a new battery from them for the tune of $180.00.

My dispute was it made no sense because if a battery installed by the dealer with a clear record of warranty from Infiniti who cares who owns it 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The warranty should cover the battery not the person. I'm not the only person having these battery drain issues and Infiniti is well aware that their vehicles are doing this. A lot of the online blogs I'm reading is that the Infiniti has been experiencing issues with their batteries lasting 2 years max then they start dying. I think they should be investigated.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Ever since I bought an Infiniti G35 2006 I've had nothing but problems with the POS mainly the transmission, I had it replaced with another tranny and now I have the same problem, I wish someone with the resources and time would sue this company for their malpractice, as well as VW. They have the same issues and know it but neither does anything about it.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Infiniti manufactured a faulty dash in the Infiniti fx35, which bubbles and cracks (after your warranty is up). Infiniti knows the material is damaged at my fault to the customer. Yet they will not pay for $2500.00 repairs. Infiniti will not discount the repair. However certain customers have been granted this courtesy. I guess Infiniti appreciate certain customers more than others. I have filed a complaint with them as well. There has to be something that can be done... I will never purchase another Infiniti!!

Original review: June 4, 2017

Infiniti Navigation System 2017 North America Map Version X9 - Horrible customer service, do not buy any map updates for these scam artist. I bought the 2017 update version of the Navigation system fully expecting that the newest section of the Grand Parkway SH-99 around Houston which opened in March and April of 2016 totaling over 38 miles of highway to be included in new update. However, to my huge disappointment after installing the new version on my Infiniti it was not. This was the largest new highway construction in the Houston Metro area in the last 20 years. How could they have overlooked a huge project like this? Totally inexcusable in my opinion. Their customer support refused to issues any kind of refund after explaining the situation nor would they provide a free upgrade for the following year release. Don't waste your money or time dealing with these people.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Infiniti USA has thumbed their nose at the malfunction of OCS system in 2009 vehicles, ours is a G37. When the OCS is not functioning it turns off the airbags when a passenger sits in the passenger seat. They do not care that your life and the life of your passenger (my husband, my grandson, my mother, my daughter) is at risk for serious injury or death as a result of their negligence. They are negligent in that Infiniti knows very well they have a problem with this system not working as intended when purchased (easy lookup on internet of many owners having this same problem) yet they only recalled back to 2010 to fix the OCS thus requiring 2009 Infiniti owners to fork out $6400 to replace their defective design or not fix and run the risk of death or serious injury. I have called Infiniti USA and their response is "this vehicle has no recalls" end of discussion.

Every owner of a 2009 Infiniti that has problems with the OCS not functioning and turning off airbags when anyone (even my hand) touches the passenger seat should not accept Infiniti's answer and file a complaint with their Attorney General's office and NHTSA. I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in June of 2016 and was in a 1999 vehicle... Had the airbags not gone off as intended I honestly do not believe I would be here writing this today so I am very aware of how in a blink of an eye you can be plowing into a vehicle and your only line of defense is working airbags. It is morally incomprehensible of Infiniti to not care for the lives of their customers (or should I say some of their customers).

Knowing this I will never purchase another Infiniti and suggest you do the same because somewhere down the line you may have a problem that is not your fault with your expensive Infiniti and it may be one that could determine your safety and the safety of your loved ones and you will have to deal like the rest of the 2009 customers (victims) with absolutely no help from Infiniti.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I have had my 2017 QX30 since Jan 1st, 2017. Since then the car has been in the service dept 3 time. The first time because the USB ports needed to charge my cell phone were not working. I received a loaner and waited 5 days for them to figure out how to correct it. Two and half weeks after the USB ports were fixed, the main screen in the car which controls pretty much everything - went BLACK. I took the car back to the service dept, got another loaner and only for them to tell me that they are aware of the issue, that they were able to replicate it but they don't have a fix for the problem at this time.

A car that only has 2,770 miles on it, which is part of a luxury brand should not be having these types of issues, and they answer that there is no fix at this time is NOT an acceptable one. To add insult to injury, they continue to sell the vehicles knowing there is no fix for this defect. The dealer says they are at the mercy of the Engineering dept working on the case, but INFINITI what are you going to do to remedy this situation.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I leased my car in 2014. First, it was located in another state. In preparing the car, the paint on the hood apparently peeled off so they had to repaint before it got on the truck. It didnt make sense. Why didnt they just leave it on to transport then pull off at the end delivery? The truck breaks down on the way to our local dealership. So this was delayed 2 extra days. The dealership felt bad about everything so they had a guy bring it to my work. It was raining so we were unable to put the top down and test. He also scraped my right passenger front wheel. That was a battle and a half to prove since no one there documented who even drove my car to me. I got home later that day when it stopped raining and the first time I put down the top, the back window shattered everywhere.

Fast forward a year, I take to an Infiniti dealer in another state, because we moved. I just needed an oil change. They scratched my car. They then had to keep my car longer to fix. Then my headliner broke. I took it in to get it repaired. They repaired it but they put a hole in it. So they had to re-do it which mean literally a MONTH at the dealer. I'm paying for a convertible and they loan me a plain sedan built for a mom of ten. Finally get my car back and it's scratched... Again… So they fix the scratch (kind of) a few days later... Headliner breaks again. They replace...again.

Get my car back again... Headliner ropes break. They tell me to bring in the car because they have the part in stock now (because this happens to me more often than they are admitting). I take it in. They give me a brown minivan thing. I drive the brown piece of ** for a week. It stops running at stop signs. It jolts and is just absolutely awful to drive. I call the dealership because I'm desperate to have my car back. Anything is better than the brown turd they gave me. They said, oh...they are waiting for an Infiniti engineer to come in on April 7th. Why no one let me know... Can’t say for sure. They did fire the Service manager, Sam, who was handling my account. So no one was working on my car. Awesome! I had to ask to get updates. So then I started talking to Shawn. The new manager is Eric. I've tried to reach Eric multiple times but he does not return calls.

I finally get my car back. It was driven to my house for me. I made the tech stay here while I opened the top and closed it once. Nothing exciting there. However, now the button that you push to move the top up and down has almost all of the chrome scraped off of it to where it hurts your finger to touch. So....here I go calling Infiniti again. Shawn said they will order the part. Meantime, I'm working with 'Kinsi" on how to end my lease now. I only have 4 months left. They denied me. I found out by calling again today. Apparently Kinsi hasnt been to work and no one knows when she will be back and they cannot tell me why it was denied. So...The moral of the story here folks... I do NOT recommend Infiniti. I'd literally rather walk than buy or lease anything from this company again.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I recently bought a 2016 QX-70. I previously owned a 2003 FX-45. I was looking forward to having an integral Navigation system. To that end I paid some $160 for an upgrade that took over four hours to load. The system is useless. In the three weeks I have owned it I have had several instances where after putting in an address it says. "Sorry no data available." My Garmin Nuvi and Google maps found all of those in a very short time. Infiniti needs to fire whoever does that mapping program and use Garmin or Google. Very disappointing in an expensive vehicle.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I understand cars having some issues over time, but the dashboard on my FX35 is completely a manufacturing defect. And it has been proven to be a vendor/supplier issue across the entire Nissan/Infiniti brand. Florida just had a class action suit won against Nissan for Altima's. There were two before this won in different states against Infiniti.

My car currently is waiting for the Takata Airbag recall appointment. Why can't they replace the dash when they remove it to replace the deadly airbags? I actually would be willing to help cover part of the cost of the new dash since they already will have to remove it to replace the passenger airbag. What it comes down to it cars are a BIG purchase for MOST people. German cars don't have sticky bubble filled melting dashboards, so why is this a problem for Japanese car manufacturers? If I remember correctly Toyota and Lexus have similar class action suits. I honestly feel that at the very least, these companies should in good faith repair the shoddy materials at 50% of the cost.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

The car model provided all of my needs. This needs were Bluetooth radio, USB connector, wifi, gas mileage and safety specs. The car was great looking and it matched with its safety build. It looks better than my old cars and I liked it very much. The car's color was also what I needed. I bought my car in blue and it looked really shining. The capacity of my car that I bought from a dealer at the price I wanted was great. It was really good with fitting all of my stuff. Sometimes I could just use the backseats to fill even more stuff. This car helps with that a lot. I liked that I could do so much in my car and the specs were very high class. It looked more than what it cost, I was very amazed at the price for having so much options of gadgets I could use in my car. I liked them a lot. Overall a great buy!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I bought the Q70 for its features but the exterior is nothing special. The car is very average looking and doesn't inspire the same excitement that a Mustang or Corvette would. The car is usually used just for commutes to work so the five person passenger capacity is more than I need. When I have given rides, passengers were comfortable and had space for themselves.

There are so many upgrade features! The heated seats, navigation AND weather, and voice recognition are so amazing to have. I've become so spoiled by the heated steering wheel, especially on these frosty winter mornings! The radar comes in handy, and the rear camera, and makes parking less worrisome. I have to even say the Boss speakers have converted me into a radio listener. Such a great sound. Like that option for AWD available, anti-lock breaking, and Sirius radio available. Love that there is a hybrid version available that gets get great mileage.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Infiniti has so many options to choose from. They are affordable and dependable. The sleek design and high end features make this brand unbeatable. It is top of the line quality and if you don't like any of the base models you can definitely customize it and make it your own. They have tons of features and add-ons to choose from. Also, even if you get a two door you will still have lots of room for that additional person. Not to mention the trunk space. And the SUVs are super roomy and comfortable. You really can't find any other brands quite like Infiniti and I love it. I would recommend this car company to anyone looking.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Infiniti is a great car brand that can help you get to point A to point B whether you're going with a family, solo, or cruising. They have added digital touchscreen maps to help you get the fastest and safest route their system can't think of. Also, the modes of driving fast "sport" or "echo" to save gas and help the environment and "slow" if you are driving in the snow. It has luxurious space for kids to relax in or if you want to go fast, enough room for the driver to feel relaxed as well as the passenger. Even space for 1-4 people. My passengers in the front and backseat have their own 2 cup holders, one in the side door and one in the middle. The seats can be adjusted to their most comfortable and safest spot.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

There are so many varieties. I'm a very big fan of this brand and I have been a fan since the first time I laid eyes on this particular model. I would recommend this to anyone looking to buy a great car at a great price. The appearance is the best. Its interior styling is suited for anyone with class and style. The overall smooth touch of this vehicle sticks out from any other model. There are many upgrades from having a sunroof added to having leather seats put in. You can also have a front or rear camera added if needed. The passenger capacity has enough room inside for luggage and passenger. You can even carry a pet if you like. The seats adjust just fine.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Infiniti offers various models of cars that can fit the needs of a wide variety of people. They have SUVs, sedans, etc. Not only does Infiniti offer normal gasoline-powered cars, they also offer a hybrid of gasoline and electric fuel in order to help the environment. Infiniti has very green models. The appearance of their cars are very luxurious and definitely are appealing to the eye. The outside paint is sleek and shiny while the inside interior is soft and comfy. The overall design is smooth. The features of this car include computer controlled dashboards that allow a driver a new level of safety.

There are also many options for Infiniti for personalizing and upgrading various features of the car. One can easily change the color of the interior and with the dashboard, set various messages and programs at certain times. The passenger capacity of Infiniti is perfect for huge families too. There is plenty of space for people to sit comfortable along with much-needed storage space for various things such as books, backpacks, supplies for vacations and etc. messages and programs at certain times.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Decent amount of models but need more in the large sedan category and more sport type cars would be nice. The large SUVs look like a remake of the Nissans. Though I know both are owned by the same there needs to be a difference if someone is going to be paying a higher price. The front looks amazing. Just looks like it's angry and is ready to go. The on-board navigation and the whole system though is bad. The infotainment system Infiniti needs to be revamped because it is slow and old. The upgrade options are a little pricey but not as bad as other dealers. Some are worth it like going to the premium but the personalization could be better on them. Back seats have decent amount of leg room though me being a tall guy the person behind me can become squished between the seat. Plus when I get out, the auto bring the seat back can make it even worse and I have to manually stop it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

60K of crap. Every day I have to use my 2014 QX60 I wonder what will go wrong. First it was the brakes. Front and rear, rotors, pads, the works at around 12K miles. Shortly after was the transmission. At the dealer I couldn't help but notice the 11 other QX60 cars there. I inquired with one of the service techs who informed me that 8 of the 11 were for transmission problems. I have had windshield molding problems, navigation problems, and small button and switches problems, like falling off; ridiculous! Now at 31K miles, the car battery is leaking. Of course the dealer will not fully replace due to the convenience of only a 24 month warranty. The only good thing with this vehicle is the 3 year lease that can't end soon enough!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

The model we own and have for sixteen years is Q45. It is the best car we have ever owned with never a mechanical problem. It is a beautiful car as is all their models. Being an older model, it doesn't have the modern technologies as newer models, but what it does have is sufficient for us. We bought the car right out of the showroom without adding any upgrades. I am sure if we wanted to wait, we could have added upgrades but it was fine as is. Our model is a five passenger and gives us plenty of room. Now that we have grandchildren the car seats fit very well and the kids are very comfortable.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

They offer something to fit every budget and taste, from sporty coupes all the way to versatile sport utility vehicles. Very attractive styles and refined product. Also a very elite brand so it speaks of status. They offer all the latest technology including wifi and Bluetooth. Roomy and spacious for a comfortable and enjoyable ride or drive. Plenty of leg room and overall passenger comfort. I would definitely suggest everyone give them a try before buying any other brand.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

There are sports, sedans, SUV models and I believe trucks. Perfect for a single person or a big family. This luxury brand is very reliable and lasts a long time! I have a G35x and it comfortably holds 4 passengers and myself. We always use my car for road trips because it is very spacious. I imagine the SUV would be even better! The appearance is very sleek and expensive looking. I love my LED lights and the way they move with my car when it turns. I also like the inside clock feature which is very eloquent! You can choose an upgraded package that allows you to have Bluetooth features and GPS right on your navigation screen.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

The car had everything - sunroof, power locks, leather interior, cold air, cruise control, and a Boise system in it. The passenger capacity was great. It held two people in the front seats and three people in the back seats with no problem. It was very comfortable and had leg room not like those little compact cars. I loved that car and when I save up enough money I am thinking about buying another one because that car was worth the money I paid for it. It was sporty and luxury all roll up in one car. And it drives so good. I couldn't believe it. I would be more than happy to own another one.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

The Infiniti G series has always been one of my favorite designs. It's sleek and curvy and looks much more expensive than it is. The lakeshore blue color is a perfect combo of gray and blue. My vehicle came fully loaded, and even though the car is almost 9 years old, the features have held up quite well. They were ahead of their time. The car provides a super comfy ride for 5 with plenty of leg room, seat width, arm rests, and cup holders, plus dual temperature controls. Both the car and the dealership experience were excellent. But while I found the perfect car for me, I would have appreciated a greater selection of certified pre-owned vehicles that were low in mileage.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I got an amazing car and service. They have a wide range of models from sporty to family cars and they have great features as well. And they look great on the outside and inside. I have a midsize sedan and it's fully loaded. I have the available features it came with and it's amazing enough. It's a beautiful black car with sunroof and push auto start with navigation. It's also great on gas and is very spacious with leather seats. The seats warm up as well and sits enough people for me. My family is a family of four and it's good to have enough room. It's also comfortable. And I have wireless phone and can make calls without using my phone. It's Bluetooth connected!

Infiniti Company Information