Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
1.96/5

Infiniti

Infiniti is Nissan's division of luxury vehicles. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

569 Infiniti Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I purchased an Infiniti December 1, 2018 from Hanania Infiniti in Orange Park, Florida off of Blanding Road. This experience has not been one that I expected from a luxury vehicle company. Since possessing the car on Dec. 1, 2018 I made three bi-weekly payments to my credit union for my trade (a 2017 Acura ILX that was supposed to be paid off as part of the sale).

Unfortunately, as previously stated I continued to make four payments via automatic withdrawal from my credit union on the following dates 1/4/19, 12/21/19, 12/7/19. I received a bill from Infiniti with a due date of January 1. Since my prior vehicle's loan was not paid off until January 10, 2019 I do not have the funds to pay a January 1 car note because I can not afford to pay on two vehicles. A new payoff should have been requested if the prior was not paid off in a more timely manner. Interest continued to accrue through my bank on the loan which resulted in me only receiving back $414 although I made 3 payments. I am looking for some type of help with Infiniti lease corporation with late fees and possibly pushing my due date back because of this issue.

The next payment will be due February 1 in which I am now in a hardship because of the FULL and a half month payment on my previous vehicle. In addition, this overall experience has not been pleasant. I met with John **, finance manager January 5, he told me the check was already received by my bank and he would send me confirmation of it. I never received a confirmation nor did I hear back from him. Similarly, the day after I left with the vehicle I had questions about the insurance document. It was not explained to me other than to sign so I called him and left messages for him numerous times at the dealership. He did not return my calls so I texted the sales rep Alex, who advised me that insurance is my problem not theirs although I had not explained my question or concern. Not only that but the brand new 2019 vehicle was not showroom ready for me to drive off of the lot.

The car had and still has scratches and all sorts of marks on it. I asked for a car wash on the Saturday I met with Mr. ** but it was raining and he suggested to bring it back. My concern is there was no urgency, I would have expected for him to try to right the wrongs by scheduling an appointment for me to have my car washed and for sure sending the confirmation or make a follow up call to let me know that the payment was not sent to my bank yet. I was shocked and appalled. It certainly appears as if Infiniti is only concerned about making a sale then after the sale the customer is obsolete. As I stated, previously, I need help to ensure my credit rating does not get impacted, payment due date adjustments and late fees or something to right these wrongs.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I purchased my 2013 JX35 in August 2016 from Infiniti South Atlanta with almost 50k miles on it. I received the pre certified warranty was not offered any other warranty on the car leaving with the impression I did not need any other warranty. I have brought my vehicle for the required maintenance and oil changes. I received calls monthly asking if I would like to trade my car in because of low mileage and excellent condition of the vehicle. The answer is always no. Fast forward to December 2018. My driver side headlight goes out. I take it to the dealership to repair. There is a leak that has caused the headlight to go out. It is not covered under the warranty. The cost is 2k parts and labor. I was beyond shock.

Today, I called consumer affair to discuss this defect and obtain some type of assistance. She took my information down and placed me on hold for about 5 to 6 minutes. She came back and stated that I do not qualify for Goodwill assistance because: I have only owned by vehicle for 2 years. I have only spent roughly $500 with them. I have only had 1 Infiniti vehicle. So basically, they refuse to help me because I have kept my vehicle in great condition and only needed to bring it in on the required maintenance schedule and regular oil changes. I asked to speak with someone else. She pretty much told me the buck stopped with her. I will never buy another Infiniti again. Horrible, horrible!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I had a schedule on Jan 2, 2019 12 noon to 5 PM to have my QX59 inspected (as required by Infiniti) and made a confirmed appointment (have an email from them Nobody called and nobody showed up wasted 5+ hours.) When called not even an apology. Useless company Infiniti and their inspection Contractor AIM Inspections. Will NEVER get an INFINITI again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Bought my 2014 QX60. When it hit 100,000 miles it became a money pit. As I drive this for my job I make sure to do recommended maintenance all of the time. Almost to the day it hit 100K miles. It has been one thing after another. New battery, new fuel pump, front sonar sensor stopped working, Plugs, brakes, tires, and now the engine fan shroud is going bad. I get that some of these things just wear out but the Infiniti tech says it happens all the time with the engine fan shroud and they fix them almost every week. Oh and did I say it costs $1,000 for the plastic piece that covers the fan inside the engine as it is attached to the fan itself. Wont ever own another Nissan or Infiniti again, never had a problem with Toyota or Lexus. Live and learn I guess.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Breach of Warranty problem - Bought a 2014 QX60. After the 2g to 3g upgrade by AT&T for the Infiniti Connection we had problems for months. http://www.lemonlaw.com/pa-lemon-law.html. Contacted these people. They got it solved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infiniti?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have had 8 Infinitis in a row, mostly leases. The vast majority have been fantastic experiences. Recently, however, I am left looking for another brand after this lease has expired. I have had issues for over 2 years now with my map screen, radio, and bottom screen going out every 7 minutes since I purchased the vehicle. I have brought the vehicle back numerous time and they have replaced numerous components to no avail. Finally, the service technician figured out what the issue was and, after having my car at the shop for 2 weeks trying to get Infiniti to pay for the TCU, they finally figure out the problem.

I contacted Consumer Affairs in hope of getting some fair recompense for my 2 years of inconvenience (I travel a lot in my vehicle, so every 7-minute glitch was extremely aggravating). They agreed to make 2 payments. I was hoping for quite a bit more, maybe I am being selfish, but I spent over 10k on this lease and never has it worked as it should've. I asked for them to pay the rest of my lease (10 payments left) or give me an incentive for my next vehicle, and got road blocked by the agent. Every time I called, it routed back to the same guy who would not allow me to speak to any supervisor or anyone other than him. Needless to say, I will not be leasing or buying another Infiniti. It was a great run, but all good things must come to an end I guess.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have this car for about a month, took it twice to the dealership for the loud wind leaking noise on both front doors (when driving at 70mph or more). They loaned me a similar car which don't have the same issue. They tested twice and confirmed that it makes the loud sound. Tech adjusted the doors to no avail. Second time they said that they called Corporate but there is nothing to do, it a factory defect and I have to live with it. Looking for options, including a lawyer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

While driving my Infiniti Q60 Red sport (MSRP 52K $) on the freeway, my steering wheel froze, didn’t turn left or right. I panicked to death until the road itself took me to the right shoulder of the road. I turned the car off then back on to release the steering wheel then got home safely. I reported that to the police department and consumer affairs. I can no longer drive this car. I don’t want it. Fixing the issue may not resolve it and it could happen again and put my life in danger. Let the CEO knows that I won’t drive this car anymore. If you give it back to me, am so ready to call my attorney.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I purchased a G37 2012 from Carmax and it had 33k miles on it. I have had it a couple years now, always got oil changes on it/maintained it. I’ve never had an issue with this car before - not should I have. It’s got under 100k miles on it. The other day it starts misfiring. I take it to my local mechanic. He sees it needs spark plugs and a fuel injector. Replacing those. Car is still misfiring so the mechanic shop offers to take it to the dealership for diagnosis, on them. INFINITI calls me today and says the motor is bad. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! That’s $10k job that’s not covered under warranty. I owe $13k on this car. What a piece of ** car. I would never buy this brand ever!!! I can’t believe this company exists making such shoddy products and it should be illegal!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have leased a few Infinities and the car is Definitely not the quality of car it used to be. My last was a Q40. Nice looking cars, but they obviously are putting it together cheaply. Their batteries are from Hunger. My car wasn't even 6 months old when the battery started to go. I had to call AAA to charge me up so I could get home and sometimes I couldn't even go to work in the morning because my battery was dead. I brought car back to dealership and spent hours waiting for them to go over car. They told me they could find nothing wrong but gave me a new battery anyhow. That new battery lasted 2 months. So obviously it's a piece of junk. I eventually had to go and buy a battery myself elsewhere To get one that worked.

Same thing happened on both cars. So I was paying good money but for a very unreliable car. After my first bad experience I didn't want to get another Infiniti but my salesman insisted that car was a fluke, a lemon and it would never happen again. So like a fool I got another one only to end up with the same heartache again. You expect when you get a new car it should be good for at least the 1st few years, Not Infinity, you are lucky when you get 6 good months. Now my last lease has recently ended and I got a different car, thank God. So to get back at me for not leaving another Infinity they sent me a huge bill over 1000 dollars of trumped up charges.

400 to pay for the transport of the car, when the car was brought back to the place I got it at Douglas Infinity. You would think that would be the end of it, but now they are hitting me with over $1000 bill for made up nonsense and threatening to ruin my credit if I don't pay up. The few scratches on my car from normal wear and tear, unlike most companies they are hitting me big and demanding payment in full. This is not someone you want to do business with. No $500 for normal wear and tear allowance. Very rude when I tried to discuss it with them because I felt they were Definitely trying to take advantage of me. They think they have you over a barrel because they will report you to the credit unions.

I feel like I am being robbed, and it's not a nice feeling. So this is how they take care of loyal customers who went through Hell because of their poor quality car, never gave them grief when I should have. You don't want to do business with people like this. I called my salesman up to see if he could help, but they don't want to know you unless they can RIP you off again. He will call me back he said last week, I'm not holding my breath. I'm sorry I'm not the type of person to complain, but I felt it my duty to warn others. These cars have problems. My daughter's boyfriend has one too and he's had a lot of issues with his also and won't be getting another. He's a lawyer, I guess I'll be calling him for advice. There are several other brands of lovely cars. You don't need this headache.

Infiniti Company Information