Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.77/5

Infiniti

Infiniti is Nissan's division of luxury vehicles. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

572 Infiniti Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have a close friend who bought an Infiniti and after just six months was rear ended. Underinsured driver and the problem lies where Infiniti does not provide replacement parts, what??? If you’re making these cars how do you not provide PARTS? My friend was covered for two weeks of rental and is now for the last four weeks is paying over $600 a week ONLY because of fault of Infiniti NOT providing parts in a timely manner. DO NOT BUY Infiniti. Their customer service sucks!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased a QX70 in July 2017. I love the car but I started noticing a musty smell when I turned on the A/C about 6 months after I bought. I took the car into the dealership and they told me to changed the cabin filter which I did and to turn off my a/c about a mile before my destination. I've owned cars for 35 years and I've never heard of such a thing, especially in Florida. The new filter seemed to help but then the smell came back. My son in law said it smells like an old man with body odor and I've also heard it smells like rotten onions.

I took the car back to the dealership about 6 months later and they did an ozone treatment which didn't really help. I took it back 2 months later after my friends who were visiting from out of town started coughing profusely when they got in the car. Evidently she's allergic to mold. The dealership performed another ozone treatment which didn't help. Infinity supposedly did a mold a test after keeping my car for 3 weeks in the shop. I have not seen the mold test but I can still smell the musty smell. The smell seems to be most noticeable on the passenger side as soon as you turn on the A/C.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I didn’t want for it to come to this l, but I feel like others should be warned. In Aug 2016 I leased a 2016 Q50 from Infiniti on Camelback. I love my car and planned to purchase it after the lease, up until these last couple months. In the beginning of October 2018, it started running hot and overheating, on October 24th took it into Infiniti of Scottsdale for an inspection and they gave me the all clear saying they couldn’t replicate the issue and nothing was wrong with my car after having it for 2 days. The service tech told me if it continues to call them back and bring it up.

On my way home from the dealership, my car was running hot but not overheating and when I looked in the coolant reservoir, it was pretty much empty after just being filled at the dealership. I called and the service tech said to email him the photos which I did and never received a call back (it was the weekend). I continued to drive my car just adding 1/4 quart coolant, if not more, a day until the “low oil pressure, stop vehicle” light came about 8 days later (800 miles). I then had my car towed to Infiniti on Camelback where I purchased the car and had them look at it for the same issue. I was told that there was sludge in my engine and I had “lack of maintenance.”

Before even being asked to provide all my receipt of oil changes, they noted on my car that there was lack of maintenance. They changed the oil at Infiniti on Camelback, still couldnt replicate the losing coolant and overheating issue and once again sent me on my way and told me to continue driving the car. Fast forward to Thanksgiving Day (4 days after getting my car back), we are driving to our families in Surprise Arizona from Chandler Arizona and about 45 minutes into the drive, I try accelerating and it doesn’t do anything. I pull into the suicide lane as I couldn’t do anything else and once the car finally hit about 20 mph the motor seized and started knocking.

As it being Thanksgiving, Infiniti on Camelback is closed, we called the Infiniti towing line so they could tow the car in and we would have someone just come get us so we could still enjoy Thanksgiving. We were only quoted 90 minutes for the tow, but sat on the I10 for almost 4 and a half hour. I called Camelback the next day and spoke to the service manager. They refused to give me a loaner, and said that I would need to purchase a battery for $250 and $759 to break my car apart, before they could start the diagnostic on my car. That is ridiculously high for a battery for 1 and why am I being charged labour for something that should be under warranty?

I purchase a battery from Infiniti of Peoria for $150 and self installed it. They still refused to do any diagnostic unless I paid them the $750 to break my car down. As my car in the last month had been given the all clear, and now they were saying I never did oil changes and it was my fault the motor and turbos blew. The service manager was VERY rude to me and just kept repeating “your lack of maintenance,” refusing to listen to anything else I had to say or look at any of my maintenance reports.

I didn’t feel comfortable moving forward with them so I transferred my car to Infiniti of Coulter AFTER speaking with a service technician who said he “doesn’t see why warranty wouldn’t approve it because it been checked 2 times in the last month and I have all my oil records. It sound like the coolant is mixing with the oil.” He told me at first if warranty didn’t approve it, but he didn’t see why they would. It would be $350 to pay, easy, told him to go ahead. I still mind you have not had a loaner vehicle. They did the inspection and to my understand they had all my service records and submitted the claim, the claim came back asking for my photo of the top of my engine which brought the charge up to $1400. I asked him what he thought was going to happen and he said he wasn’t sure but he still didn’t feel like it would be denied. After thinking about it, I really didn’t have any other choice and said go ahead.

About a week passed and I heard nothing, I called asking if I would be able to get a loaner and he said yeah I should have something Thursday [on Monday]. I said okay and we left it at that. On Thursday I called to see when the loaner would be ready and he said my claim came back denied so I wouldn’t be able to get a loaner and the price on a used engine and turbo would be $14,000 or he could find a new motor but it would be about $14000 plus my $1,400 I already owe them. I’ve called consumer affairs numerous time and escalated it due to the fact they denied it “due to the sludge being in the engine it an automatic denial for lack of maintenance of the vehicle.” Well come to find out the claim was submitted with 2 service records. Of course they would deny it! I asked the service tech to attach the records so they can reevaluate and was told “no amount of service records can change their decision.”

Well come back to this week after waiting since the 23rd or December for a call back from a regional supervisor in consumer affairs, I get the call telling me there will be no other communication and that I am not only responsible for a new motor but continue to pay the lease [done on Nov 1 2019] and any damaged that will be due after turning the lease in. So after paying almost $40,000 for the car, I now will have to pay an additional $20,000 for a motor and $470 a month till November. Not only that, I’ve made 3 payment on a car that’s been sitting at Infiniti with no loaner provided, lost out on not only Thanksgiving but Christmas and New Year's with my family because I had no transportation to get there. Not only that but I’ve been having to rely on rides to work or paying for Lyfts.

I’ve never in my life had such a bad experience with a company. I’ve personally purchased 2 vehicles from Infiniti and in the last 3 years my dad has purchase almost 6. I was a very loyal Infiniti customer but now I will never be back to any Infiniti or Nissan dealership. I’ve spoked with 3 master techs, without even telling them what’s happened to the car just showed them the videos and photos, ever since one of them have said, “there is a leak in my head gasket and coolant is mixed with my oil.” Sludge take thousands of miles to build in an engine, not only was it taken 800 miles prior and given the all clear AT AN INFINITI DEALERSHIP but the oil was changed 3,000 miles prior, and we still have the oil from that change.

Not only did this happen to my car but is now happening to multiple other Infiniti’s and has (to my knowledge in Arizona only) happened to at least 6 others who have had their motor replaced already, through warranty or paying for it themselves. Mind you, I also paid for the 3 years or 45000 miles maintenance package for $499 that Infiniti on Camelback never attached to my lease.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I purchased an Infiniti December 1, 2018 from Hanania Infiniti in Orange Park, Florida off of Blanding Road. This experience has not been one that I expected from a luxury vehicle company. Since possessing the car on Dec. 1, 2018 I made three bi-weekly payments to my credit union for my trade (a 2017 Acura ILX that was supposed to be paid off as part of the sale).

Unfortunately, as previously stated I continued to make four payments via automatic withdrawal from my credit union on the following dates 1/4/19, 12/21/19, 12/7/19. I received a bill from Infiniti with a due date of January 1. Since my prior vehicle's loan was not paid off until January 10, 2019 I do not have the funds to pay a January 1 car note because I can not afford to pay on two vehicles. A new payoff should have been requested if the prior was not paid off in a more timely manner. Interest continued to accrue through my bank on the loan which resulted in me only receiving back $414 although I made 3 payments. I am looking for some type of help with Infiniti lease corporation with late fees and possibly pushing my due date back because of this issue.

The next payment will be due February 1 in which I am now in a hardship because of the FULL and a half month payment on my previous vehicle. In addition, this overall experience has not been pleasant. I met with John **, finance manager January 5, he told me the check was already received by my bank and he would send me confirmation of it. I never received a confirmation nor did I hear back from him. Similarly, the day after I left with the vehicle I had questions about the insurance document. It was not explained to me other than to sign so I called him and left messages for him numerous times at the dealership. He did not return my calls so I texted the sales rep Alex, who advised me that insurance is my problem not theirs although I had not explained my question or concern. Not only that but the brand new 2019 vehicle was not showroom ready for me to drive off of the lot.

The car had and still has scratches and all sorts of marks on it. I asked for a car wash on the Saturday I met with Mr. ** but it was raining and he suggested to bring it back. My concern is there was no urgency, I would have expected for him to try to right the wrongs by scheduling an appointment for me to have my car washed and for sure sending the confirmation or make a follow up call to let me know that the payment was not sent to my bank yet. I was shocked and appalled. It certainly appears as if Infiniti is only concerned about making a sale then after the sale the customer is obsolete. As I stated, previously, I need help to ensure my credit rating does not get impacted, payment due date adjustments and late fees or something to right these wrongs.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I purchased my 2013 JX35 in August 2016 from Infiniti South Atlanta with almost 50k miles on it. I received the pre certified warranty was not offered any other warranty on the car leaving with the impression I did not need any other warranty. I have brought my vehicle for the required maintenance and oil changes. I received calls monthly asking if I would like to trade my car in because of low mileage and excellent condition of the vehicle. The answer is always no. Fast forward to December 2018. My driver side headlight goes out. I take it to the dealership to repair. There is a leak that has caused the headlight to go out. It is not covered under the warranty. The cost is 2k parts and labor. I was beyond shock.

Today, I called consumer affair to discuss this defect and obtain some type of assistance. She took my information down and placed me on hold for about 5 to 6 minutes. She came back and stated that I do not qualify for Goodwill assistance because: I have only owned by vehicle for 2 years. I have only spent roughly $500 with them. I have only had 1 Infiniti vehicle. So basically, they refuse to help me because I have kept my vehicle in great condition and only needed to bring it in on the required maintenance schedule and regular oil changes. I asked to speak with someone else. She pretty much told me the buck stopped with her. I will never buy another Infiniti again. Horrible, horrible!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infiniti?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I had a schedule on Jan 2, 2019 12 noon to 5 PM to have my QX59 inspected (as required by Infiniti) and made a confirmed appointment (have an email from them Nobody called and nobody showed up wasted 5+ hours.) When called not even an apology. Useless company Infiniti and their inspection Contractor AIM Inspections. Will NEVER get an INFINITI again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Bought my 2014 QX60. When it hit 100,000 miles it became a money pit. As I drive this for my job I make sure to do recommended maintenance all of the time. Almost to the day it hit 100K miles. It has been one thing after another. New battery, new fuel pump, front sonar sensor stopped working, Plugs, brakes, tires, and now the engine fan shroud is going bad. I get that some of these things just wear out but the Infiniti tech says it happens all the time with the engine fan shroud and they fix them almost every week. Oh and did I say it costs $1,000 for the plastic piece that covers the fan inside the engine as it is attached to the fan itself. Wont ever own another Nissan or Infiniti again, never had a problem with Toyota or Lexus. Live and learn I guess.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Breach of Warranty problem - Bought a 2014 QX60. After the 2g to 3g upgrade by AT&T for the Infiniti Connection we had problems for months. http://www.lemonlaw.com/pa-lemon-law.html. Contacted these people. They got it solved.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have had 8 Infinitis in a row, mostly leases. The vast majority have been fantastic experiences. Recently, however, I am left looking for another brand after this lease has expired. I have had issues for over 2 years now with my map screen, radio, and bottom screen going out every 7 minutes since I purchased the vehicle. I have brought the vehicle back numerous time and they have replaced numerous components to no avail. Finally, the service technician figured out what the issue was and, after having my car at the shop for 2 weeks trying to get Infiniti to pay for the TCU, they finally figure out the problem.

I contacted Consumer Affairs in hope of getting some fair recompense for my 2 years of inconvenience (I travel a lot in my vehicle, so every 7-minute glitch was extremely aggravating). They agreed to make 2 payments. I was hoping for quite a bit more, maybe I am being selfish, but I spent over 10k on this lease and never has it worked as it should've. I asked for them to pay the rest of my lease (10 payments left) or give me an incentive for my next vehicle, and got road blocked by the agent. Every time I called, it routed back to the same guy who would not allow me to speak to any supervisor or anyone other than him. Needless to say, I will not be leasing or buying another Infiniti. It was a great run, but all good things must come to an end I guess.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have this car for about a month, took it twice to the dealership for the loud wind leaking noise on both front doors (when driving at 70mph or more). They loaned me a similar car which don't have the same issue. They tested twice and confirmed that it makes the loud sound. Tech adjusted the doors to no avail. Second time they said that they called Corporate but there is nothing to do, it a factory defect and I have to live with it. Looking for options, including a lawyer.

Infiniti Company Information