1.99/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

545 Infiniti Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 4, 2018

I was clear with my salesperson that I couldn't afford a payment over 500.00. I was clear about all that I wanted on my car & was told it had it. Lies!! While sitting down with my salesperson I gave him a list of my must haves. He stated the car had all the bells & whistles. It does not have what I wanted. I also stated that I had a budget of no more than 500 for a car payment. After agreeing to a price I'm sent to the finance person who tells me, not asked me if I wanted this additional insurance. I go back to the salesperson who says I don't know but you agreed to this extra insurance. I never did because I was not asked. I was very clear that as a recent cancer survivor I have expenses that must be paid for and that I had a strict budget of 500.00. Then the car was disgusting!! It smelled of cigarettes and I could not believe this was not addressed prior to showing me the car. Did I mention I am a cancer survivor!??

The car was so filthy that when we opened the sunroof leaves and what have you fell in the car. I then had a temporary plate that expired. I called the dealership approximately 10 times that day to ask what am I supposed to do?? My husband is ** and I certainly did not want him getting pulled over!! Starbucks, shooting unarmed ** men etc... The manager never would return my calls that day, The receptionist stated she recognized my name from calling so many times that day and would walk my message over to him. Never once did he call or step out to apologize to me once I arrived. I insisted on speaking to a manager since I was now driving with an expired temporary tag. I was then introduced to the finance manager who stated that this was a bad day because they were in meetings all day.

I then explained what my issues were with the finance guy and how I was never given the option to accept the insurance but rather told that this was what my payment was. She then tells me she cannot cancel it to make my payment lower but that I can have the amount deducted to the entire amount at the end. My payment stays the same but it will be less from the total. I then took the car in to be cleaned from the awful smoke smell and to be detailed. The smell is gone but the car was not detailed at all. The service guy came out and said, "Yeah this is disgusting." The car wasn't even wiped down properly. Finally, I then had to take it in for an oil change!!! How does it need an oil change and I just purchased it.

I ABSOLUTELY REGRET PURCHASING THIS CAR!! I WISH I NEVER STOPPED BY THIS DEALERSHIP!!! I am and have been so stressed out that now I am on blood pressure medication because I don't know if I will be able to make the car payments. Medicine or car payment!!! I hate the fact that as a woman I was taken advantage of!!!

Consumer's Desired Resolution: I want the finance genius at Infiniti to find a way to bring my payment down to 500.00 a month or take the car back. Let me out of this contract so I cannot feel like I am overwhelmed and deciding between paying for my medication or making a car payment. On May 25, 2018 I received a voicemail from Bobby, the general manager from Tampa Infiniti. In his voicemail he stated he wanted to address my complaint to BBB. I returned his call on May 26, 2018 and he made an offer to me of a new car with a $50.00 decrease in my payments that is a lease. He stated the car was a Q 30, which is a much smaller car than what I presently have. I stated that car he was offering was too small for my family and me and that the consumer ratings were not positive.

I then offered to come in to discuss the matter in person and he asked if I could wait and come in after the Memorial Holiday weekend because he expected to be busy. I stated that I completely understood and would come in on May 29 @ 3:00. I arrived today and Bobby insisted that according to the paperwork I agreed to the payment by initialing or signing. I repeated that I was not denying that I signed the paperwork but that I felt I was deceived. I repeated just as I did on the day I went to purchase the vehicle, to the BBB and over the telephone I was adamant of what I could afford due to my health. I was not impressed that he was making me an offer for a new car!! Maybe if I was 20 years old I would jump by hearing "NEW", well I'm not!!! I am almost 50 years old and at this time "NEW" was not going to make me take the vehicle just because it was new.

This is my first time purchasing a used vehicle. Lesson learned!!! Bobby however, insisted that I agreed to the amounts because he had the paperwork in front of him. Again, I stated I was never asked if I wanted the additional insurances, rather I was told. Bobby even had the audacity to tell me "No you knew", and the finance man asked me and I agreed. I was not asked but told. I even explained that I went back to the salesman to ask how did my payment increase and he stated he had no clue but he came back to me and stated I asked for the insurances and I was aware. "NO I DID NOT know or was even explained to!!!" My question to Bobby is, "Were you there?" Bobby and I know he was not there, so how can he be so adamant that I was explained to about the insurances.

I then told Bobby that I thought he wanted to help me but it was obvious he had no intention of helping me but to humiliate me by repeatedly telling me I signed the paperwork. I stated due to my diagnosis of breast cancer and the stress that was being brought upon, I needed to avoid the stress he attempted to give me and I refused to be belittled. His efforts were a waste of time for both of us and that I was leaving. I immediately left. Infiniti has certainly lived up to the reputation of being barbaric hyenas with no morals!! This has certainly been a learning experience for me and I plan on telling every person I know to never ever do business with Infiniti of Tampa Bay. I will certainly tell every teacher I work with to NEVER EVER do business with Infiniti Tampa Bay.

Then as I was leaving I bumped into Nick who sold me the car and he couldn't even speak or look me in my face. Guilt!!! Or maybe not since he is a part of the hyenas team. I would have been willing to walk away with an older vehicle or any other vehicle comparable to what I have now and that would give me the payment I asked for when I walked into the dealership. It is my feeling Bobby only read that I wanted a lower payment and not that I felt taken advantage of and that the reputation of car salesmen truly live up to their rumored names. I know I should have never agreed to the payments that was not what I knew I could afford. I guess I will have to only purchase my cancer medications when the money becomes available. And by the way Bobby, thank you for wasting my time today that I cannot get back. I pray no one you know would have to make that decision of purchasing their medication only when they can afford it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Day one of ownership of a QX60. Blind spot monitor light goes on and off whenever it wants. We Drove three hours back to have them look at it. They told me to go home and enjoy my new car. Telling me they can't fix anything that isn't coding. I had to take pictures to prove the light would flash and come on because no one would believe me. It can't code if it truly thinks there is a car there that it sees, even when I'm on a two lane road and there isn't a car there.

Forward crash warning turns itself off when it wants. Many phone calls and I just keep getting brushed off. Two months later it finally codes. They took three weeks to try and fix, but after 2 years and numerous trips back, it's still not fixed. We would find it sitting outside in back row at the dealership and not even being worked on. Yet they had it for about three weeks.

Brake issues, pedal makes noise. I would push the brake and when I release the brake it would make a noise. Yet they promised they would take care of me and make everything right and is at the highest standards. haha I'd hate to see low standards. My service dealership that I take all our vehicles to for oil changes, tells me I have a head gasket leak. I said I have always smelled antifreeze and told the deal I purchased from all the time. They just blew me off like I was just complaining about nothing. Today I was told by my Infiniti dealer that it is normal for all Infiniti to have a head gasket leak. Yes that's right it IS NORMAL for that to happen. Cabin seal on drivers side had pulled out first time I washed it. Paint on rear tail gate was repainted because the paint was bubbling from rust.

YES we supposedly purchased this car bran new. Please if anyone else has experienced any of this please contact me. I really don't need to deal with all this stress. It's physically making me sick. I think when flood waters went through Des Moines Iowa my car may have been too close and received some damage that no one is admitting to. This flood was before I purchased the car. Yes I have contacted the BBB and the attorney general's office.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Infiniti G35x is a great looking car with great performance. Very sporty feel & look to it, too. I wouldn't own anything else. Also, Infiniti has good customer service. Provide a loaner car during service.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Everything has gone wrong with Infiniti. I just had to have a transmission installed and it only has 125K miles. Lots of electrical problems, sun roof broke, and driver's side door won't stay open. I should have bought a Toyota.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Infiniti QX56 has a very nice ride. Handles very good on the highway, very comfortable on the road and has things to keep my children busy and safe. Great engine and is pretty good on gas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infiniti?

Original review: May 4, 2018

I love Infiniti vehicles. My last one I30 was fabulous for 286,000 miles so of course I had to get another Infiniti. The Q50 is even better. Great style, durability, and easy handling.

Original review: May 1, 2018

FX30 - Despite saleman's assurances that Infiniti was expanding their network and would be providing services through Nissan dealers... 7 years on and still stuck with extortionate service fees, dearer parts than you would expect for a classic restoration - can't even have the brakes changed at Quick Fit!! Even had to pay almost £200 for SatNav update as 10 year old roads were not on a 7 year old car!! At least two other comparable luxury car options out there with competitive, reputable, and nationwide servicing capability.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I purchased my I35 new in 2002 and now have 120,000 miles. It is a great car with no repairs -- maintenance only and my mechanic suggests I can get 100,000 more miles. No rust.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The Infiniti Q50 is a great car, have not had any problems for a year and a half and over 20,000 miles. Powerful, stylish, very economical, comfortable and at a great price and best in class financing from Infiniti.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The Infiniti QX60 has great safety features, but the Navigation/Bluetooth is still in the ox-cart Stone Age. Getting driving instructions also slow and tedious, compared to GMC Onstar, which answers the phone immediately, compared to long wait with Infiniti. And, GMC downloads instructions immediately, compared to tedious, roundabout method with Infiniti. If it were not for the excellent features, I would stick GMC and OnStar, which are far superior to Infiniti.

Original review: April 21, 2018

About 8 months ago I leased a QX30 because I have friends who love Infiniti so I was excited to give it a try. This car is a DANGEROUS vehicle. We went to the dealership to try and get out of the lease and roll into something else because they asked us to come in and talk after I emailed my disappointment. All they were concerned about was trying to fleece us out of more money, not help us solve the problem. Here are just a few of the issues with this car: motor shuts off when you come to a stop so that when you try and go out to make a turn, it bogs down and delays (I have almost been hit because we live on a busy highway).

The visibility is so poor and there are no added mirror insets on the side view mirrors to help with this problem. When you come to a stop the a/c shuts off and when you go it turns back on except blows hot air, auto door locks with key fobs don't work properly, it will not pair well with my iPhone (apparently has compatibility issues), back tailgate does not always unlatch and is heavy. I was told these parts are made by Mercedes with an Infiniti logo...if it were Infiniti I would be ashamed to have my logo on this car. I do truly hope no one is hurt in this car, myself included.

Guess my husband and I will have to continue to draw straws to see who has to drive this plastic heap of junk each day until our lease is up. We were given the opportunity to test drive a QX60 and it was so nice and quiet and drove like a luxury car is should. But then they decided to try and really stick it to us because if you are extremely disappointed, they really don't give a darn. Hopefully we can stop anyone else from making the mistake of purchasing this vehicle and after our experience today, they don't get a good review on customer service either.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been looking to buy a new luxury sedan and was considering a Infiniti Q70 Hybrid, only because the MPG of the non-hybrid for Infiniti is terrible. I actually like the Q70L because of the legroom in the rear, but the Hybrid was not available in it. However, any dealer I've visited says that they have never seen the Q70 Hybrid and doubt that it is available. When I go to Infiniti website and do a "Build and Price", I can build it, yet the quote goes to my local dealers (not so local... 2 hour drive) and they tell me not available. I try to contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs to find out what's going on and they put me back to sales of the dealers I've already talked to... that know just as little as I do. I guess that is my hint... That it is probably a mistake to be looking at this vehicle in the first place. I get quick and satisfactory replies back from other manufacturers where I have contacted for other issues or questions.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We are leasing a 2017 QX70 that currently has 6,000 miles. It has been to the dealer twice because the battery keeps dying. The 1st time they just replaced the battery without asking what would cause it to drain.The 2nd time, they finally decided to test the electronics to see why the battery keeps draining. The dealer couldn't confirm this would fix the problem but they think it is the push button start which they tried to say was not factory installed (until they looked up the window sticker). Aside from the inconvenience of a dead battery TWICE, we have had a loaner car for a month and still don't have the car fixed.

We filed a report with Infiniti Consumer Affairs who sent the case to their legal team to see if we could break the lease without penalty. Brian, the CA rep assigned to our case takes two to three days to return phone calls. He finally called today to say CA determined we cannot break the lease under the Lemon Law. Our car is still not fixed and the dealer has yet to confirm when we can expect it to be fixed. We will never buy another Infiniti again as this is a joke. The car isn't even used enough to have had its first oil change! And there is no guarantee the push button start is truly the problem, so this could keep happening.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I'm in the used car business for over 30 years. We sell on average 60 cars a month. I bought this vehicle 6 months ago for my wife for her birthday. She rides in the same car for 2 years or more as I do too. I noticed online that Infiniti has had a big problem with 2012 Infiniti QX56 white and some consumers are getting Infiniti to fix them. We took hers to the dealer last week. They kept it for 3 days. Then they called and said that there was nothing they could do. the vehicle was 1 owner with no accidents when I purchased it for her. I'm sure they refused because it's not titled in a individual's name.

It would be one thing if I had it on my lot to retail. I have a lot of friends call me and ask what's a good vehicle to buy. Through the years I have taken many vehicles to new car dealers cars that I bought to sell that they did customer satisfaction work on. After this I'm done suggesting Infiniti automobiles and I will tell them all how I was treated by them. Also there is a class action suit in the works over this which I will be joining against my good judgment. Lawyers always get the money but I want Infiniti to pay.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I leased an Infiniti Q70 last Nov, this is the 6th Infiniti I have purchased or leased in the last 5 years 1 Q56, 2 Q80s, 2 Q70s and 1 Q50. Some I had purchased and a few had leased, most recently I leased the Q70 and set it up on auto pay from my checking account. my first payment was due in Dec and was received by Nissan... I had assumed everything was fine, recently I was contacted regarding my credit score being reduced to 990 due to a report from Nissan that I was 30 days late on a payment.

I contacted Nissan to inquire and was told I had missed Decembers payment, I reviewed my statement from Citizens Bank and the electronic transfer was clearly there. Two days later they contacted me and said they found they had received the payment and for a reason they could not explain they had transferred back to my account. I checked with the bank and 2 weeks after receiving the payment they had returned it however all payments sent after Dec they had accepted.

Due to this error they chose to without contacting me report me to credit agencies negatively affecting my credit history. When I asked why they hadn't contacted me they stated the notes indicated they called twice, the number they had called was a work number from a company I closed 5 years ago. I find them to be dishonest, lacking any customer loyalty, lazy (could have called the dealer or looked at my other lease for correct number) and unresponsive. To date they are unwilling to do anything to fix the situation with credit agencies...

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My review is negative because of the car quality not the overall company because I had a great experience with the local dealer here. I'm very disappointed with the QX80 2018: Quality of the backup camera and the 360 degrees cameras, this is by far the worst quality of cameras in the car market! It looks like a camera from 10 years ago. The car loves gas too much, I'm averaging 11 miles in the city and 13.5 in the highway, I had big engine cars all my life and this car is the worst in that department. You would expect when you pay over 75k for a car a normal backup camera, that's my biggest complaint with the car!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

After putting a deposit down for a second hand q30 it took 3 months to arrive. The car is registered as a 2 litre even though it is a 1.5 litre engine. Had the car for 5 months and Infiniti still haven't managed to get the DVLA to change the log book. I was told the VIP service was available when I bought the vehicle. Now I am told it's no longer available which means a 4 hour round trip for a service. Windscreen washer failed and it took them 6 weeks to repair. To top it off wanted me to pick my car up from the service centre two hours away even though the courtesy car was from down the road. They could not drop my car to me. Good car but if you do not live local to a service centre I highly recommend not getting this car.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

2015 Infiniti QX60 - Probably the worst car I have ever had. A basic station wagon with a weak engine and sloppy transmission. No power, horrible brakes, handling. The tires are the worst. I hydroplane all the time in rain. Absolutely no traction in the snow even in snow mode. Making a buzzing and whistling sound like our 2013 JX did.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

A customer for 14 years. Leased 5 cars through Infiniti and all I can say is... They have no loyalty and don't seems to give a ** about you as a customer. They misapplied a payment to someone else account ruining my credit score 30 days before I was to close on a house. That started a snowball effect of wrong information and just bad customer service and took 4-5 months before it was cleared up and corrected by the Credit bureaus. After all that I still considered getting another vehicle through them...Being the victim of misinformation once again from one of their customer service supervisors. Multiple attempts to resolve and salvage our relationship were met with nothing but long at min 20-30 min hold times. Leaving messages with supervisors that never get back to you. They just don't seem to care. After being a customer as long as I have been they can suck it. I'll just take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Just purchased 2005 FX35 in 2017, after registration I called Infiniti regarding the bubbles melted cracked botched up dashboard. The name infiniti is definitely not standing behind its word. This is terrible on their rep. I can't help what the previous owner didn't do but I need this eyesore fixed. I seen a Michigan claim with only approx 300 people. It's wayyy more people with botched up dashboards in my city alone. I need help. Looks like a kid's ** came up with this hook for the dash.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

2009 Infiniti g37 had clock problem fixed out of warranty, same clock problem on 2013 Infiniti g37, out of warranty less than 2009 was, Infiniti will not fix. There is a problem with these analog clocks, clock flashes on and off. Lack of concern on part of Infiniti. Will no longer buy or tout the Infiniti/Nissan product.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have had problems with this car day one. Infiniti Q50 was always my dream car so I took it to the shop to be fixed but still no change. I took it to another Infiniti dealership and they are still unable to fix the issues. I regret buying the car but since it was just electrical issues I thought maybe it will be fine and I'll just find someone to fix it but no one seems to be able to know how to fix it, now I have a car that I can't even enjoy all the techs I paid for on it! I will never again buy another Infiniti.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I took my car in to Herb Chambers Infiniti Westboro, MA for the airbag recall on Oct 5th 2017. A few days later my airbag light came on. I took my car back to Infiniti and they are saying it's not their fault. They will not repair it. I complained to Infiniti consumer affairs and they also said they will not repair it. They said the cost is $2,888. The airbag light was never on until they did the recall work on it and now Infiniti will not repair it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Infiniti FX35 Dashboard bubbling - I got screwed by Infiniti. My dashboard started bubbling back in 2016 so I contacted Infiniti and told them about the problem only to be told that my car was out of warranty and that they could not do anything about it. But yesterday 10/23/17 I had my car serviced and was told by the dealership that the Bubbling was a recall issue.

I was never told by Infiniti that this was a recall or an extended warranty was out for the bubbling issue. I'm so disappointed in Infiniti because I never thought that they would leave their customers hanging on a expensive repair and not let us know in writing that this was an issue that they could repair. The fact that I contacted them back in Sept. of 2016 about this issue and their reply indicated that since I no longer had an warranty on the vehicle was why they could not fix it.

They never mention that an extended warranty was out to fix this issue or when that extended warranty ended. So I'm stuck with this ugly dash in a car that is suppose to be of luxury. I'm hurt about the whole thing but at least now I know to never buy another one. Shame on you Infiniti! Look at all the repeat customers you could have had.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Purchased brand new QX80 in September 2016. Took to Infiniti of Lubbock October 19th 2017. Worst dealer I have ever dealt with. Both times tried to upscale my wife. Front radar is not working properly called and said it is under warranty vehicle has only 20,000 miles. Dealer states the radar bracket was bent and that something hit car to bend it. Vehicle has no damage and has never been hit. Dealer says the front of vehicle is plastic and something could of hit it and bent bracket which is not physically possible. Spoke with Infiniti regional manager and she was just as bad and has no clue of what is going on. She just agreed with dealer. Called dealer I purchased vehicle from and they believe there is no way possible something caused that. Never again will I purchase a vehicle from a manufacturer that will not stand by their warranty.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I leased an Infiniti 37G in 2014. My lease expired in September of this year, I visited the dealership where I had leased the car the first week of August and inquired about buying a new Infiniti AWD. I contacted the dealer several times trying to get cost and payment terms. I received two quotes, both with very different figures and payment terms. I contacted the dealer a final time the third week of September and told the salesman I had to have the information within the next two days in order to process everything before the lease expired. When I did not hear from him, I purchased another vehicle from a different dealer.

I then called to make arrangements to return the leased Infiniti and was told the only person who did that was out with an infected arm. I was told he would be given a message to call me when he returned. I still have not heard from him and it is now the middle of October. I returned the car to a different dealership. Now after two months I have been unable to get Infiniti to release interest in my Personalized tags and have had to buy new tags for the car I purchased. Based on my experience, I would never recommend leasing or buying from Infiniti.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We just bought the Infiniti QX60- It was important that we could access the third row with having car seats installed. Dealer assured you could and it was a huge selling point for this car (even showed us Youtube videos). Turns out, only certain car seats work with this feature and only until the child is 40 pounds (this feature doesn't work with seat belt installation). Dealer lied to us but Infiniti won't do anything as they say it's not a defect, even though clearly false advertising. Dealer told us to use a booster seat (for a 2 year old) to solve our problem. Worst car experience ever.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Have 4 yr old M37X. Service regularly at Infiniti dealer purchased vehicle. Headlamp seal broke down with water entering headlamp. No damage at all to headlamp. Infiniti service department said very rare, but $2000 for new lamp. Nearly 5% of cost of car. Service department agreed ridiculous as suggested filing claim with Infiniti (did) or go to body shop who'd resell for $300. Filed claim, Infiniti said on your own. Claim details referenced and service agent not even correct. Lost customer - service and new purchase.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Hi, angry and disappointed Infiniti customer here. I purchased my 2004 Infiniti Fx35 back in 2011. I was very happy with my vehicle until I came back from boot camp. U.S Marines and noticed that my dashboard was bubbling up all over. It look ugly. I feel embarrassed to give people rides. I don't like this car anymore. I did some research about this, and found out that I was not alone. There are hundreds of Infiniti customers who are on the same boat as I am. Most of them took advantage of the extended warranty, which I did not know anything about, did not receive a letter, was not notified until it was already too late.

I called my dealership where I bought the vehicle, and they simply said I needed to pay a little over $1,000 to have it replaced. That's ridiculous! And a little crazy. Like I mentioned above, I am not a happy customer. Called the Infiniti customer affairs number, and they were not willing to help with this matter issue. Case closed. I'm screwed.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I took my car in to the Plaza Infiniti dealership to have recall for airbag replaced which I was told would take 2-3 hours. I was provided a loaner car. Mechanic called 5 hours later requesting if I wanted additional work done on car. My flood light changed, and that they had completed the recall and just need to place the dashboard back on. I didn't receive a call back that day on Monday. I called, left advisor voicemail to see if car was ready. The next day on Tuesday no one called and I called several times and left voicemail. No one return my call. Wednesday around noon advisor called and advised that my dashboard had been damaged during replacing recall, and the dashboard was on back order and I would get a call when it comes in. I was like really, no one advised me this on Monday or Tuesday, these huge hole like the vents in dashboard.

Consumer Affairs with infiniti has been no help. There are others waiting on dashboard replacements since back in March. Nowhere in the recall letter do the alert this could possibly happen to your vehicle. I am seeking justice because this is not right. I also called a dealership who advised that the dashboard for M35 has been discontinued. The part is not even in production so how are you promising consumers that this will be fixed.

Infiniti Company Information