2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

Cadillac is a division of General Motors that manufactures luxury cars. Read reviews for their models:

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Cadillac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: April 12, 2021

Cadillac goes the extra mile in making sure you get the most value for your car. Anytime I ask I get a return call, and ask if I need rental etc.. Cappellino Cadillac on Sheridan Dr. in Williamsville is great.

Original review: March 27, 2021

My 2020 XT5 is fully equipped with every option available. I find everything easy to operate and very functional. I've owned Mercedes and BMW, but overall prefer the XT5. Don't really care for the V6/V4 function...Creates a dragging vibration in the V4 mode. Understand Cadillac is going full electric in the near future, so no more Cadillacs for me. You'll be lucky to sell 5% of what you sell now. Only two dealers in my state are going to hang on...The rest have taken the buyout...That should tell you something. What are you thinking? Guess I'll go back to Mercedes. See ya...

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

We have a 14 ats. We bought new.. The cue cracked 2-3 later, it was under warranty so they fixed it.... Now it’s cracking again... They told us it’s a flaw that they screwed up, they should keep fixing it... And fix it right... We paid a lot of money for this car.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Our experience with the SRX has been bad from the start. Cue system, transmission troubles but now they will not stand behind a poor product design with the headlight problem. This is a safety problem for whoever drives this car at night. It is a well documented problem that they will not stand behind. Shame on you Cadillac, when someone dies it will be on you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I bought an SRX 2013 because I saw them out on the street and I liked them.. Worst mistake.. It has been a nightmare after another.. The cooling fan runs by itself.. Took it to a GMC mechanic 3 times changing different parts every time, works fine for few days and start acting up again..to the point that I had also to get a new battery because the other one got worn out.. Headlights are a nightmare.. Also changed them. Still not good.. Cadillac sent a letter about a class action on this matter, they had reject to pay me back because lack of proof even tho I sent the estimate and receipt.. I can keep going but it would be pages.. Just don't buy a cadillac.. You'll get yourself into a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I have a 2015 Cadillac SRX that I purchased with defective headlamps. I have taken my vehicle in for service multiple times to have the headlamps worked on but they are still not working. My husband and I have done research and read about many issues other consumers have had with the lights. I am very worried something could happen while driving at night. When I contacted Cadillac for help (because they manufactured and sold a defective car) the "Corporate" employee told me "I am responsible for Cadillac's manufacturing issue" and DECLINED any further escalation from me. I can't believe they treat their customers this way. Bad car & even worse customer service!

Original review: June 24, 2020

We leased a Cadillac CTS V Sport in October of 2017. 42 month lease with available miles of 53K. We now have 11 months left on the lease. For the past 7 months the car has been in the service department 190 Days. That's 6.2 months. It started out with somewhat minor issues. In April 24 thru May 3 of 2019 with 6449 miles on it (we had planned on buying the lease out so tried to keep the miles low) the Cue system needed replaced, all 4 tires needed replaced because of an alignment issue, rear tail assembly needed replaced, Internal failure of rear body structure stop lamp replaced. Then on November 25 2019 with 11629 miles it went back into the service department.

Car needed a whole new engine, new turbo, fuel injectors plus so much more. Car just stopped. It was in the service dept for 68 days. Got it back January 31 2020. Went back into the shop February 24 2020 for 11 more days. Air conditioner went out of it. Got the car back March 5. On March 16th back into the shop for 75 more days. Had to rework the whole engine, replace both turbos this time plus so much more. Got the car back May 29 2020. Car went back into service June 5 2020 and is still there 20 days later. Needs 2 new tires and a new steering box because it's showing aligned but it is shredding the tires.

We have had a case open with Cadillac for quite some time. Asked them to take the car back in November 2019 when it needed a new engine. They said no. Asked again in March 2020 when it need the new engine reworked for 75 days. They said no. The car has now been in the service dept for 190 days in the last 7 months. We have had to continue making our monthly lease payments even though we have not had the car. We have 11 months left on the lease. Cadillac as of yesterday June 23 2020 still says we have to keep paying on the lease. They won't take the car back. Even though it obviously is a LEMON!

Fair warning. DO NOT BUY CADILLAC. THEIR QUALITY IS TERRIBLE AND THEY WON'T BACK THEIR PRODUCT! I have every invoice showing the repairs needed on a car that had 11600 miles on it. I would be happy to supply them. NEVER AGAIN! It's obvious by their actions that they do not care about anyone as a customer. They will milk us for the rest on this lease and then they will resale the car to someone when the car will have no warranty. They just care about the money!

Original review: June 8, 2020

My parents have owned many older model Cadillac and had great experiences, other than any repairs are expensive. I bought a 2012 SRX used with low mileage. My repairs now on this money pit are just under $10,000. One of the problems is a particular code that is not specific to a problem but rather has a list of possible problems to be fixed. They just go down the list and keep fixing and charging you until the problem is resolved. That code has cost me about $5000 now and still not fixed. They have given me discounts on parts at times but this is still unacceptable expectations coming from such a top brand car manufacturer. Other problems, back up camera, air conditioner, oil leak...I will not buy another Cadillac and will sever my ties with the brand this week!

Original review: March 4, 2020

Bought my SRX last year. I have spent over $600 have both bulbs replaced twice and now the passenger side is out again. Received a letter over the weekend about the moisture in the light itself. Took it to the dealership and was told that I needed both changed and new bulbs that would be covered by GM. Then I was told that I had to pay $1,500 to the dealership and file a claim with GM for reimbursement. WHAT A JOKE! If their certified tech at their branded dealership says they need replaced, why am I paying anything? Furthermore, EVEN IF I am to pay for something and wait for reimbursement, why is the LABOR and PARTS? The parts are coming form GM WHO IS REIMBURSING ME! Ugh.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I am a owner of a 2012 Cadillac SRX. My husband and I had started to notice our low beam lights getting dim to the point that driving at night is next to impossible without the high beams and we were trying to figure out how to come up with the money to get our vehicle’s lights repaired thinking it was just something that happened over time. Recently 02/24/20 we received a letter in the mail that GM was offering to reimburse customers up to 800.00 per headlight who had spent money out of pocket to get the issue corrected. Well my first thought was great we don’t have to worry about how we are going come up with the money because GM is acknowledging that this is an issue on their end and we could just take our vehicle to the dealership show them the letter and they would fix our lights.

WRONG! When I called the dealership we were told GM would NOT pay upfront for our repairs although they are AWARE of the issues with the SRX’s headlights. They are only willing to reimburse after repairs are done which could cost the customer up to 1,600.00. So my question next was what if the customer cannot afford the expense upfront? GM’s answer was, "SORRY WE CANNOT HELP YOU...."

I cannot explain how taken advantage of I felt, Shame on you GM. You acknowledge upfront the problem is moisture related issues causing headlights that you placed in these vehicle to fail but you will only reimburse those who can afford to have them fixed first on their own if then.... During research I read reviews where some people have been waiting months to get their money back. I am not sure what is going to happen in my case but for anyone reading this review please beware. It is unacceptable how GM treats its customers and their their regard for customer safety. I will NEVER purchase another vehicle from them!

Cadillac Company Information