Cadillac

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought a 2011. After 3 months one headlight went out. Had water condensation inside. 1500.00 to replace whole seal and light. Now I have had car 18 months the other headlight did the same. Call Cadillac Corporate. They acted like they had never heard of this. There 100's of complaints about this online. They were no help. No discount to help. Nothing. Don't buy a Cadillac. Seems like they are not the car they use to be!

Do not waste your money on the Cadillac ATS!!! I've had issues with this car since day one!!! Everything from weather strips not being seated properly to my check engine light going off for the 6th time now for an emission related problem which they can't fix!!! Car only has 14,000 km on it...p2096 code keeps going off!!! Asked for dealer buyback but refuse to cooperate so I've started the arbitration process...once complete and they're ordered to buy the car back I'LL do business with Ford instead!!! Terrible customer service and lost me as a client!!! Good job GM!!

Two criminals broke into my garage and stole my locked Cadillac CTS with ease. My wallet, purse, license, more than ten credit cards, and many other items of value were in the car, and still, haven't been recovered. I called the police and was told that the car would stop in about a half mile. That was not the case. They stopped to get snacks and completely trashed the car, before going on a joyride in circles across town. The police ended up finding the car, one of the criminals was found, the other took off with my purse, which contained once again, my wallet (which contained more than two hundred dollars.), around ten credit cards, both my drivers and military license, and many others valuables. They also found meth in the car. Wonderful. When we spoke to the police about the incident, they had no words. They told us to go straight to the manufacturers about this, as they were clueless how this occurred.

How my Cadillac CTS was able to drive OVER fifty miles without keys! When we spoke with the man who broke into the car, he didn't even know how it worked. Meaning that the car drove without any help. He was charged with theft, breaking and entering, and possession of narcotics. he dropped his partner off somewhere before he was caught, we told him we would drop some of the charges if he gave her, and the money up, but he wouldn't budge. His partner is STILL missing with all of my belongings. I would NEVER recommend this to friends or family, or anyone really. After doing research, I have found that this is not the first time that a Cadillac CTS has driven without keys, allowing criminals to get away with thousands of dollars, and other important items. Another customer lost, Cadillac. I will be going to the media and sharing this, to ensure nothing similar to this happens again.

I own a 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. In 2014, I received a bulletin from GM that a bearing in the supercharger could go bad and ultimately seize the engine. The letter went on to say they extended coverage for this problem for 10 years or 120K miles. The letter instructed me to listen for a rattling noise when the car was at idle. It expressly said in the letter, not to bring the car for service unless you hear the noise. At my next service, I asked if the car had the problem - they said "No, that is the injectors you are hearing."

The next time the car went for service was 130,000 miles. I never heard a "rattling noise", but the car was diagnosed with the problem. It will cost me $3,250 to fix. This is just after pouring over $6,000 into the car (new rear-end, etc.). I called customer care and explained that the letter said not to bring the car in unless I heard the noise. This was a known problem that GM was aware of - I did as they instructed and now I am facing a $3,250 bill. I realize the car is over the mileage limit (despite being well within the 10 year extended coverage for this issue), so I asked if they would consider paying half. I further explained that I am an owner of three GM vehicles and was in the market to replace one. They just said "No".

We purchased a new 2016 Cadillac XTS4 in September 2015 from Cadillac Dealer Taylor Automotive in Toledo, OH. My wife is the primary driver and she drives only 4,000 to 5,000 miles per year. A few months after the purchase the battery was dead after not being driven for only 7 days. The salesman then advised us that the amount of electronic devices in the vehicle will drain the battery in a week or less. Even though he was aware of my wife's minimal driving, no mention of the inadequate battery support system in the vehicle was made until our first dead battery experience.

It has occurred 5 times since it was purchased. This means that we must carry a jump start battery pack inside the car (not the trunk) and a tool to remove the key lock cover from the driver's door just to get access to the interior to pop the hood in order to do the jump start. When leaving the vehicle at an airport for a one week or longer trip, you can be assured that the car will require a jump start. How could General Motors have done such a poor, incomplete, inadequate engineering job on what they classify as a "luxury vehicle" for which we paid over $50,000.00?

We are looking into the Lemon Laws in OH and we will pursue Legal Action if General Motors fails to correct this problem which is certainly causing many Cadillac owners the same problem. There are many other true Luxury vehicles on the market that do not have this problem because the engineering departments of those car companies figured a way to cut current drain while the vehicle is not being driven or they provided a battery electrical system that is designed to support normal vehicle operation without starting the vehicle every few days just to keep the battery charged.

This problem should not exist in any automobile, much less one that represents General Motors' "top line brand" and in this case the largest and most expensive sedan vehicle. I would caution anyone considering the purchase of any new Cadillac vehicle to question the dealer extensively and make sure the car you purchase or lease doesn't have this inherit problem. Even if you are a long term Cadillac driver you should look seriously at other Luxury Vehicle options.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

At 52,000 miles my computer screen on my 2014 SRX frozen up effectively paralyzing my ability to direct my car's operations. The new radio will cost 1,500.00 and is back-ordered for months. It seems to me, that this problem is prevalent and reflects a design flaw issue. This is the last Cadillac I will purchase.

I bought a 2007 Cadillac CTS in January 2013. It was a one owner garage kept gem. I thought. It wasn't a few months later that we had it in the shop for a catalytic converter replacement. With only 55,000 miles on it! Then we discovered that the trunk was full of water below the spare tire! What the heck? This is a Cadillac! Not an economy car! My family has had Cadillacs for generations and never had any problems. I thought it may just be my luck but when I went online I found out that I wasn't alone. Cadillac is losing a lot of customers and I'm one. Today we took it to the shop to have a flickering headlight checked and we were told it would cost over $500 to have it fixed! This isn't the Cadillac I grew up around and I PROMISE it's getting traded off soon and I'll NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER GM PRODUCT AGAIN. DISGUSTING!

A very dependable car, very comfortable and has class. I have owned 4 Cadillac vehicles and find them to be very dependable and up to today's technology. I have owned 2 Lincoln vehicles and was not too happy with the mechanics of these cars. Cadillac manufacturers are better built vehicle and they stand behind their products.

I purchased a 2010 Cadillac SRX in December of 2009. Four years later, the car's hood had bubbling of paint where the aluminum meets the paint on the hood. I watched it increase for 2 years and to prevent any rust from forming took it to Perfect Ten Auto Collision to have it repaired. Then I heard about this happening because Cadillac had used a lower grade aluminum around the hood that butts up to the hood paint. It cost me $789.61 to have this fixed. I would just like to know if Cadillac is responsible in any way for the damage?

So what is Cadillac going to do. Reputation is going down the drain. Price is not. Everyone I know is experiencing issues with this expensive technology but without answers from the company. I have had 4 SRX models in 12 years. No issue till now. Told back order on queue. This part is purchased from someone other than Cadillac. Told they have no control. HELP ConsumerAffairs. Why has there not been formal recall and pressure applied!

I have a 2013 Cadillac SRX. Right at 52k, my cue touchscreen started not working and then eventually stopped working altogether. Now I can't change the radio, pair my phone, control the AC, set the safety features on the car. Brought it to the Cadillac dealership, $150 diagnostic to tell me I need a radio control unit. First they say GM will offer some cost assistance. 7 weeks later the RCU is still on back order. After several complaints to Cadillac they say it's the first that they heard of it. Yet there are so many back ordered because they are failing at an alarming rate. Cadillac stills holds the line that your warranty expired and you are on the hook. I hate Cadillac. I used to love the car and my Cadillac user experience sucks. Looking for an answer.

MY CUE screen suffer from a known problem in some of the SRX and other models. Brought the car under warranty still to the dealer who recognize that the screen is freeze (not working) in the lower center part of the screen and they said it might take 3 weeks to get the part... it's 2 month later without any answers and specific date for the part to show up?! I contact GM customer service and end up with nothing but same words and promises like the dealer.

I'm driving without navigation for 2 month already and who knows how long until this part will show up. My car is 2013 SRX with 50k mileage (been at the dealer before the warranty expire for that issue). I'm in the point where I'm looking for a new car as I usually does every 3 years and if for a minute I was considering Cadillac then after that hell NO. There is no way I buy Cadillac or GM to find out that they have NO PARTS for something they knew for awhile now. Very disappointment and even considering to sue.

I have a 2011, CTS, premium edition. At 30,000 miles, I had to have timing chains replaced! Never heard of a timing chain(s) going out that fast! Date of replacement was 10/7/2016. Glad I had purchased an extended warranty!! Over $1200.00 for the work!! And yes, it is a 3.6 engine. Acted like the battery was low for quite a while before I took it in for repair. As I had a new battery, I thought it was starter trouble. Overall, the car is very dependable, I have had it for three + years now. First repair done.

Simply put, 4 cue systems replaced and we are now going on #5! GM you have lost a customer for life! Overpriced junk! Definitely do your homework with any Cadillac with the cue system. Had I done mine, I would never put myself through the aggravation. Also replaced headlight lens. Good luck!

It has been issue after issue with this car. The day I bought it the service engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and they just reset the computer. Long story short, it took over 30 days of it being in the shop to then finally get the rear differential replaced. I did online research and found some 1000 rear differential were faulty. The guy at the service department really didn't care. GM never recalled or made it public even after they knew. Then the horrible Pirelli tires started losing air pressure. Had 2 of them replaced, fast forward 1 1/2 years, I just replaced 3 of them replaced. The cherry on top is now the AC doesn't function properly.

I have taken the car in several times and after several attempts they only replaced the compressor. The issue is still there and they are telling me there's nothing they can do. I am in Florida and can't afford a car without AC which cost well over 50k. Bottom line it has been issue after issue. I have gotten to the point where I want to trade it in and get a different brand. To GM: you really dropped the ball on the quality of parts you assemble Cadillac with.

I purchased the 2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV before it came out. I purchased it in Aug. of 2014. I was so happy to be one of the only people in my area to drive the new model Cadillac Escalade. Everything was going great until I noticed the transmission slipping when I hit the gas. I took it into the nearby Cadillac dealer in Burlingame CA. They are called PUTNAM Cadillac. I pulled up to the service line. After I told them I was having issues with transmission. They told me to wait. I waited 20-30 mins later ask what happened. They told me, "You didn't buy your car from us so just keep quiet and wait until we are ready to help you." Wow this was a shock to me. I couldn't believe a big brand company would say something like this.

They kept my care for a 1-2 weeks and told me the slipping is normal. I had no choice but to believe them. I am not a mechanic but I'm sure I know when a transmission slips. Anyway I took off. Also the navigation was freezing and the steps were not working properly. They also replaced the electrical harness said it was bad.

Then 1 month later the steering started clicking. Long story short after 4 visits to the same dealer. They ended up replacing the complete steering console. NOT SURE WHY THEY WOULD HAVE LET ME DRIVE. MY FAMILY AROUND ALL THIS TIME IF THEY KNOW THE PROBLEM COULDN'T GET FIXED. I could have gotten in a accident and took my family with me.

Since I purchased this car for the family. After all the problems I had to buy my wife a minivan (while still paying for the Cadillac payments) because she didn't feel safe in the Cadillac. She didn't even let me take the kids anywhere. So I ended up purchasing a truck so I could safely drive my kids around and not loss my marriage over the Cadillac.

After they replaced the steering console the clicking went away but now the steering console is loose. Wow what the hell is going on here. If this is not a lemon vehicle then I don't know what is. I just got off the phone with Cadillac's rep. They said, "What do you want?". I told them I want my money bad at the least (minus any wear and tear. I'm a very fair person, but I don't want to be taken advantage of.). They said "That is impossible, but we will forward your info to the higher ranked people in GM." So I will wait to hear from them and see what they say. I will keep this review updated every time I speak to them so everybody will know how it is to deal with a lemon vehicle with GM.

Cadillac CTS 2015, I bought it new in September 2015 and I have had more problems with the cue, phone will not charge, on star not working, this model is a piece of junk!!! Cadillac/ GMC SHOULD BE ASHAME OF IT. This car now has only 4143 miles and I afraid to drive on a long trip, now that's very sad!

I got my 2013 Cadillac SRX back in March and have put several miles on it since I got it. I am at almost 54,000 miles now. Started hearing a weird sound and found out that it was my left rear wheel bearing. My warranty ran out at 50,000 so the dealership would not fix at no cost. Took it to my local garage and they fixed it at the tune of $350.00. I have never had a wheel bearing go out on any of my past cars. It is just disappointing that a car with this few miles would have an issue like this. I asked the guy at the garage what made this happen and he said usually it is from age, but that a car that is only a few years old should not have this issue. Said it was probably a defect in the bearing. If that is the case I believe that Cadillac should have repaired it at no cost to me. Love my Cadillac. It is just disappointing after only having this car for a few months. I hope other 2013 Cadillac SRX owners don't have the same problem.

My 2016 Cadillac ATS is presently at the dealership being tested for a jerky transmission ride--they apparently can't find anything wrong with it! When placed in Drive, it is not a smooth transmission but when I disengage the "stop-engine feature" it is a little better but not much. Ironically you have to DISENGAGE the stop engine feature on the car since the default is always ON! I've driven GM cars, including Cadillac for 50 years and this is the most disconcerting ride of any car I've owned. Curious if others are experiencing this same difficulty?

Recently purchased this as a "new" car from a local dealer who used it as a courtesy vehicle. It had only 2500 miles and had most of the factory warranty remaining. I am glad I did not pay the new car price and paid at a nearly 40% discount off sticker. This Cadillac defines why discerning luxury car buyers never cross shop Cadillac and laugh at the notion of Cadillac being a luxury brand. This car is rife with rattles, poor fit and finish, low quality materials, the failure that is CUE, clouding headlamps (at 4000 miles), constant headlight malfunction warnings, misfitting panels, steering that seems to have a mind of its own often failing to turn with input or causing the wheel to jerk without input. This is the sorriest excuse for a luxury automobile ever and explains why Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Volvo, Jaguar, and other traditional luxury brand owners will never cross shop a Cadillac.

2014 Cadillac CTS trunk issue - Trunk doesn't open at random times. Dealer in Vero Beach, Fl has been unable to solve the issue. I can't trust the car. Would never buy another Cadillac. Two times I was unable to retrieve my golf clubs and unable to play and missed my tee times. I will never put groceries in the trunk.

Leased a 2014 Cadillac in November of 2014. Had no issues with the car up until March of 2016, when use of the air conditioner resulted in a strong musty odor being blown in my face. Took the vehicle to the local Cadillac dealership, Holman Cadillac, in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, where I was told the musty odor was a result of mold development on the air conditioning evaporator. After treatment at HOLMAN Cadillac with some type of chemical they used, the vehicle was left reeking of a strong chemical odor. Holman service personnel told me the odor was not harmful, and would dissipate in a few days, but it did not. Six days later with the first use of the air conditioner I ended up at the emergency room after coughing and spitting up blood with use of the vehicle.

Holman has denied that there is any chemical odor in the vehicle whatsoever, in spite of a GM inspector, an industrial hygienist, and another Cadillac service manager confirming the chemical odor. GM has refused to allow any Cadillac dealership to do warranty work on the 11,000 mile vehicle, as one can only presume they are concerned about possible litigation due to their defective vehicle.

At this point, I have a vehicle with no HVAC system, and I am forced to drive in hundred plus degree weather with NO A/C, and in downpours with the windows open due to NO DEFROSTER. Nobody at HOLMAN Cadillac or at GM could care less if I live or die, as I have now been HOSPITALIZED a second time after an attempt to use the AC with the windows down as temperatures reached 95 degrees. I am now forced to go buy another vehicle just to go to work, as it is unsafe to drive the Cadillac. I hope that someone can benefit from what I'm typing here as I had to type it four times.

I purchased a 2006 Cadillac CTS November 2010. Prior to this, the vehicle was under my mother's ownership and care. She purchased the vehicle directly from the Cadillac dealership. While using the CTS I assured it received the required maintenance such as oil changes, etc. February 2015 I noticed one night the vehicle began driving a little sluggish. I decided once I got home I would call in the morning to schedule an appointment. The next day I started the car and it would not turn over. It was below zero degrees that day so I accounted the issue to the weather. A few days later when the temperatures improved, I started the vehicle again with negative results.

I had the vehicle towed to the local Cadillac dealership. They conducted a diagnostic exam of the engine (taking it apart) which costs $500 just for the techs to examine it. They called advising me the timing chain jumped 5 teeth on primary gear at crankshaft and there was low pressure in cylinder #6. In other words, they told me I would require a new engine at $9000! That is the new engine price and labor costs. I said "no thank you," so they put the parts back in and I had the car towed to my residence.

After further investigation, I realized this issue is more common than I thought. Several Cadillacs that are a CTS and other models have experienced similar issues. When I spoke with auto technicians about the issue for a second and third opinion, they gave similar responses. One auto tech that teaches automotive at the local high school and a technical school stated there are a lot of problems with Cadillac engines, especially "North Star" engines. He didn't even want to get a used engine for me afraid that it would also have engine trouble eventually and waste my money. He said my year and model are commonly known to have this issue. If this is indeed a common issue, why is there not a recall or lemon law case introduced?

The dealer and Cadillac Corp is refusing to fix it because they state the power train warranty is up. Of course it's up around the timeframe the engines begin to fail. A guy once told me when he saw me with the car "be careful because after 100,000 miles they go downhill. They don't make them and build them to last like the old schools". I chalked it up to him being bitter. His Cadillac DTS transmission had to be replaced. He sold the vehicle quickly after and now I see why. I should have listened to him and sold it then.

I have a 2011 Cadillac SRX. My check engine light started coming on back in Jan of 2016 and going out on and off for three months. I had auto zone check codes. They was po171 & po174. I looked them up on the computer technical description system too lean (bank2) po171 & po174. Very similar auto zone description, said 'too much oxygen in exhaust' so I change two O2 upstream sensor light, still on then po174 mean mass air sensor light still coming on & off. I had the dealer here in Merrillville in. They had my car all day and told me I needed to replace all 6 injector $2500.

I told them to close my hood and I was picking my car up. I do all my work myself so everyone having check engine light I started to check myself. The problem was replace. The evaporative emissions purge control valve price $ 41.47 when I installed the light went out. That valve will make your car run bad, make your trans shift funny on my car. The purge valve is right behind the throttle body. I hope this will help someone having check engine. If someone need help email me. PS I purchase my SRX new in Aug 2011. I only got 65000 miles and I service my car regular and the dealer said I needed new injector. I knew that was a lie. The dealer are out to rip you off.

It's no big surprise that the 3.6 liter is one of the biggest turds in the industry. Another piece of European junk passed off as an American product. I've been an auto tech for 20 years now and it hurts my heart to see what Cadillac has become. I'm not the typical retiree caddy driver either, in fact I'm not even 40 yet, but I've loved Cadillac since I can remember. My dad had a 77 Eldorado when I was a kid and I absolutely loved that car. I know people like to crap on the Northstar, but I've found that when taken care of, they're incredibly reliable.

I bought an '02 Deville back in 2012 when my son was born. It had 48k on it, and I drove it another 40k without any engine problems at all. Then a couple weeks ago some jerk decided to run a red light and total it out. During my 4 years, the only things I did were a couple wheel bearings, window regulators, a fuel level sensor and a intermediate steering shaft. That car was dead nuts reliable and never gave me a major problem. Now I will say that the 4.6 does not like to be overheated, and it does like to leak oil at the pan gasket. In one of GM's more "head up the butt" engineering feats, they ran the exhaust directly under the oil pan, so there's no way to drop the pan without engine removal...Brilliant.

Now I would recommend the 2000-2005 Devilles because compared to other caddys, they're inexpensive to fix. After 2005, forget it. You're talking $1,200 headlight assemblies, bumper removal to change a headlight, cheap peanut brittle dashboard material, a fail prone drive-by-wire throttle system and a slew of TPM issues. I'd never buy one. I'd also never buy any GM vehicle with the Opel 3.6 liter. It's built in hell, by Satan and his minions. The Camaro also has it...Barf. Any of the newer caddys are electrical nightmares, and there's just something about a turbo charged, 4 banger in a Cadillac that doesn't sit well with me. Cadillacs need a big old V8. I can't justify over $80,000 for a motor that's also in all GM's rental car fodder.

Cadillac is no longer the cadillac old timers remember. They're trying to compete with BMW and Mercedes, and now they've succeeded because their products are just as crappy. As a final thought: I loved my Cadillac to death, BUT when I couldn't find another one that was clean enough and not beat to heck, I bought a 2000 Jag XJ8 Vanden Plas with 36k on the clock. What a difference, makes my Cadillac's interior look like and old 80's Mazda. I realized then that for a $60,000 luxury car, the interior was really built like garbage. But overall I did love that car, and I was sad to see her go. I feel for all of you experiencing hatefulness and bad luck with your 3.6's. I tell anyone thinking of buying one to just forget it.

New run flat tires installed on 2016 Cadillac. If they get a flat you must buy and install a new tire at a cost of $300.00 plus they cannot be repaired and this is not considered a road hazard defect under warranty description. This is not made known to the buyer as a fact until you get a flat that should cost about $30.00 to repair on all older type tires. The sad part is if you get another flat tire by a nail or anything else you would have to buy another new tire. The car does not come with a spare or tools to change your tire.

I have a 2009 Cadillac CTS. Problems with overly excessive oil consumption and timing chain tensioners making clacking noise on start up. No help from dealership or Cadillac for helping with repairs! I brought car in at 48k 2 months past 5 yr. warranty.

Cadillac ats 2013 - Vehicle makes loud clunking noise when in drive and at a stop. Feels as if engine is shaking. For 50,000 miles and engine noises to appear seems as if Cadillac is a rip off. The worst, the dealer doesn't help unless you pay for them to diagnose what is so loud and clear. GM needs to get their crap together. Cadillac vehicles are beautiful, but will become ugly to an owner that has to spend so much money on an issue that is obviously from the maker. How do you expect to compete with BMW?

Took my 2010 Cadillac SRX 81,000 miles. Dealership said I need new Timing Chain. The Chain has been stretched out of place. $1900.00 dollars to repair. GM has to know they have a problem with the Timing Chain on these vehicles. Talked with local repair shop who has seen the same problems with at least one other SRX. What a lousy car, will never buy another American made vehicle.

I have had my 2014 Cadillac SRX for 15 months. It has been in the shop for major repairs 3 times in that time and the car only has 24,000 miles. I have been communicating with the Cadillac Corp 800 # and have been treated in a way that shows I am not valued as a customer, even after owning 5 Cadillacs over the years! I was not even allowed to speak with a supervisor and was told a supervisor would call me when it was convenient for them! I became so frustrated, I finally called an attorney. Do not think that buying a luxury car will provide you with luxury customer service.

Cadillac Company Profile