2.60/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 3, 2018

333 Cadillac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 3, 2018

In February 2018 I bought a used 2006 Cadillac CTS with 78314 miles on it. Had it 2 days and cylinder 1 started missing, took it back and they repaired the problem. No cost to me. On April 1st Easter Sunday I was driving to my family's home in Rosedale MD about 50 miles from my home. About 23 miles into the trip I looked in the rearview mirror and saw nothing but white smoke so I pulled over to the shoulder of a busy highway. Once I stopped the car, turned it off and popped the hood I saw fluid pouring out of the bottom of the car. Started the car back up to move it further in from the line of traffic but when I put it in gear it wouldn't move, turns out the fluid was Transmission fluid. Waited 3 1/2 hours for a tow and never made it to Easter Dinner.

The next day I was contacted by the service station to tell me the transmission line going to the cooling radiator unit had blown and both the radiator and line needed replaced and that was gonna cost $850. So within 2 months car has been out of service twice. Not happy with Cadillac at this point as they will not stand behind any of their flaws in their cars. You would think a high quality name like Cadillac would want to keep their reputation good. I guess my next high quality vehicle will be either Lexus or BMW. Sad Cadillac doesn't have better management who cares about their reputation instead of them just getting a fat paycheck. Cadillac it's time to rethink your corporate structure!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

Unfortunately, like many others, I purchased a vehicle from GM with their horrible CUE system. A system which they are aware has many, many issues, but they still fail to stand behind it. I truly believe that Cadillac/GM, now makes more profit off of their customers from REPLACING the CUE system, than when they originally sold them the piece of junk.

My story began when I purchased a used 2013 Cadillac XTS with 11,000 miles. Within less than a week, I noticed the screen kept freezing up. I took it to my local Cadillac dealership and they diagnosed the problem as the CUE system. They replaced the CUE system at no charge to me and it worked fine, for now. When I reached 49,000 the screen once again locked up. I took it to Thompson Cadillac in Raleigh NC. Big mistake. My wife drops the car off and later that day I receive a call from Mike ** in the service department telling me it's the CUE system and it needs to be replaced. He says it will be $2,400 and that it's not covered under the warranty. I responded, "$2,400, are you crazy?" You all know that this CUE system is crap and you should stand behind your products! He replied that it would be $2,400 and that's all he could do. I told him that this would be the LAST Cadillac I would ever purchased.

He, like many other service departments, could care less. I picked my car up the next day from Thompson Cadillac, settled out my bill for the oil change, and left unsatisfied as do many other customers I'm sure. CUE system still broke and NO resolution. I refused to pay $2,400 for a problem that Cadillac and GM are aware of. I wanted to sue them and still do.

To make a long story short, I got lucky. I found another Cadillac dealership in the area, a reputable one, that took care of me. While I am still concerned about Cadillac/GM products, at least they restored my faith in now a reputable service department should take care of their customers. Two things I learned from this experience, I won't buy another Cadillac until they fix, or completely replace, the CUE systems, and second, I won't ever return to THOMPSON CADILLAC in Raleigh NC!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I bought my 2013 SRX used at a reputable dealership in August 2016. It had 39,000 miles, one owner, and a clean Carfax. I was in love! During the signing of paperwork, the finance manager asked me about the extended warranty and explained to me that I might want it because it was already used, but my choice of course. I am SOOO glad I took it because it has saved me twice already! In August 2017, I had to extensive work done to the transmission. I was without my car for 2 weeks while that problem was solved. In February 2018, just 6 months later, I was on my way out of town. I pulled out from a stoplight, accelerated to 45 and all "heck" broke loose. I heard a bang and felt like I had run over something. Every light on the instrument panel turned on, I lost power steering, brakes, and the engine was knocking.

I managed to steer it to a median where it completely died on me. I called OnStar, got it towed to the dealership, and waited to hear what was wrong. Four days later, I am told that it "dropped a valve" and I would need a whole new engine. It only has 54,000 miles!!! Is this the kind of shotty product that Cadillac is putting out now? I am beyond frustrated! If it wasn't for the additional warranty that I purchased, I would be without a car because I couldn't afford the cost of a new engine. I do not understand how a company that is supposed to have this great reputation is now putting out vehicles of such poor quality. The customer service with Cadillac is awful as well. You cant get anyone to answer a question in a straightforward way. This was my first and last Cadillac. I love the car, but I cannot have this stress or an unreliable vehicle transporting my family.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased a 2013 Cadillac ATS in 2014 with 11,000 miles on it. I wish I had read about the problems with the Cue system freezing up. I now have that problem, mine is frozen. I called Cadillac and complained about it, case # ** and asked if there was any recalls on this. I spoke to Ashley on 1/17/18 and she said that I should take it to the local dealer to see what the problem is. I told her that I did not want to pay 100.00 for someone to tell me that it needs replacing. Ashley told me that I may get some help from Cadillac to replace the unit. I dropped the car off on 1/25/18 for my 10am appointment, it took all day for the dealer to look at the car and in the end they told me that it needed to be replaced at a cost of 1479.00 and gave me a bill for 143.81.

1/29/18 Spoke to Ashley at Cadillac and told her what transpired and told her I was not happy. Ashley said that she would look into it and get back to me within 72 hours. On 2/6/18 I finally received a call from Ashley at 10:31am at the time I could not talk and that I would call her back in an hour or two. I called back at 12:26pm left message to call me. On 02/7/18 Ashley called back and told me there is nothing they will do for me. I told Ashley that after owning many Cadillacs over the year and that we have two Cadillacs now, that I will never buy another Cadillac.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Bought my 2013 SRX off the showroom floor. Love it, my wife drives it to work and it is garage keep. After 30,000 had to have a new battery. When the warranty ran out in July 2017, the next month the CUE system locked up and the dealer wanted 1400.00 to replace it. Then I argue and beg that I am only two months out of warranty, then they replace it for 325.00. So I did some research and found the company that makes the CUE system (Infotainment) and contacted customer service who gave me a additional warranty on the system til 2022 or 123,000 miles. Now my heated seats do not work, I am a retired GM employee of 36 years and getting disgusted with this car. I drive a 2000 Cadillac STS 97,000 miles six CD changer still works along with the radio and the heated seats are hot. All four.

Updated on 01/09/2018: As stated in my previous review, I purchased this 2013 SRX off the showroom floor. And now after 50,322 miles, garage kept it is falling apart. At 30,000 new battery, 48,000 replace CUE system and now the heated seats do not work.at 50,322 miles. The Cadillac dealer wants 900.00 dollars to fix. The passenger side worked the night before I took it to the dealer (Delaware Cadillac) and now neither works. Initially the service advisor told me 1600.00, but after discussing the problem with GM, they decided to pay 50%. If they are having a problem with the heated seats it should be fully covered. I am not happy as being a GM employee of 36 years. Maybe time for a change.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

The brakes fail without warning. When stepping on the brake pedal it will go to the floor with minimal slowing of the vehicle. The brakes need to be pumped quickly to get any pressure to stop the vehicle. I have 2 SRXs, a 2010 and a 2012, both have exhibited the same problem intermittently. Took both vehicles to St. Claire Cadillac in Santa Clara, California and they cannot find anything wrong with the vehicles. Diagnostics and brake system examination shows no failure. In my 2012 SRX I rear ended another vehicle due to the brake failure. There are multiple failures reported on the web for this same issue, when will Cadillac/GM acknowledge this safety issue? If there are other unsatisfied customers who have experienced the same problem perhaps we can file a class action suit.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I bought a 2012 Cadillac SRX 9/26/2016, it's my first Cadillac and I take pride in all my vehicles. Since having this vehicle, replaced alternator in November 2016 because it went bad (Figure that) $475.00 later. Now I'm taking it to the dealer again for my manual lift-gate because I can't open from outside of vehicle. My mechanic said it's a wiring problem because the rear defroster, rear wipers, license plate light and lift-gate light are not working. He would of fixed this but he doesn't work on very many Cadillacs.

I even called Cadillac and they said it would be under powertrain warranty if it happened in 2016 or under 50,000 miles. I told them I'm under 50,000 miles and I bought 9/2016. They said I would have to bite the bullet and get the electrical looked at. Customer service is below expectations even after finding out that the lift gates have been a problem for this year. It's hard to believe that so many customers have problems and nothing is resolved. The customer doesn't have a open checkbook to fix these problems that should of been a recall in the first place to correct any and all factory issues. Anyways thanks for reading.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Our government should have gone after GM for allowing them to produce an engine that has leaked thousands of gallons of oil on our nation's highways. This engine is an inferior design & GM should have been held responsible. This is a common problem with all GM Northstar oil leaking Engines and there was never a recall. GM never attempted to correct the oil leak problem. When it was new the sticker price on my 1996 Cadillac was approx $45,000. My 1997 Ford Explorer went for approx $23,000 & it doesn't leak a drop of oil. Shame on you General Motors!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

With barely 60,000 miles on my 2014 SRX, the CUE system began to fail. It started with the bottom middle not being able to be accessed. After a few weeks, the entire touchscreen is inoperable. I took it in for service and was told by my service advisor that it needed replaced. I asked him why - I wanted detailed information as to what was wrong with the screen. He said, "I don't know, I only know it needs replaced". Of course, the "Gold" $3000 Extended Warranty that I purchased from my dealership doesn't cover the CUE system. I was told it would cost $1500 to replace it. He went on to tell me that it is a very common problem with Cadillacs... So much, that the part is out of stock and would be indefinitely.

I have owned both BMW and Lexus in past years, and I have never had a problem this costly. I went to Cadillac's website and contacted customer service through email with the details of my complaint and was told that they couldn't do anything. Yes, it is a problem that they are aware of, but since it wasn't a safety issue, they didn't feel they had to remedy the situation. All I can say is, Thanks, Cadillac... You are a class act all the way! Never again will I purchase a Cadillac.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Just bought Cadillac CTS a $60000 car and have the screen or control panel not working after seeing 100s of thousands of people from 2012 till now without a recall and have customers pay for this CUE Infotainment. 1800 plus labor. I'm not doing this. Only action is class action lawsuit. Has to be done to open their eyes on this.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I purchased a used 2014 Cadillac SRX Premium in February 2016 from a non-Cadillac dealership. It was the first used vehicle I purchased since 1999. But it was a Cadillac so how could I go wrong! Roughly one year later I noticed what appeared to be a blemish on the touchscreen. At first I thought the glass had cracked but determined the blemish was behind the glass. Seeing that the screen is sealed I had no idea how the blemish occurred. Needless to say over the course of the next few months the blemish morphed into what now looks like webbing. I took my vehicle to a Cadillac Dealership and the minute the Service guy looked at it he said it was a common problem with the Cadillac. After checking he found that because I'd exceeded 50k miles it was not covered under warranty. Although unsightly the touchscreen still worked.

Upon doing research on various message boards including the Cadillac Forum I found I wasn't the only person experiencing the issue with the webbing but I also read that eventually the touchscreen would stop working. Needless to say in October 2017 the touchscreen stopped working. I contacted Cadillac Customer via email only to be told I had to take the vehicle to a Cadillac Dealership for a diagnostic. I respond that I had in fact done so in July and attached the receipt to show "info screen is spider webbing from inside. Cause: Spider webbing on center stack". I received a response via email that I had to take my vehicle to a dealership within one month of notifying Cadillac. I was provided a Service Request Number **. So, I scheduled my vehicle again and provided the dealership with the reference number.

Of course they found the issue was the same. I reached out to Cadillac with the information and received a response wanting me to inform Cadillac Customer Care what the dealership recommends should be done and I was also asked to provide my VIN. I respond asking what was the purpose of my providing a reference number to the dealership if Cadillac wasn't able to look up the information. I ended my email stating I would provide the information and that I also wanted the email address or phone number of their complaint department and or problem and resolution department.

On November 8th I received an email from the Cadillac customer assistance team to state they'd verified with the dealership I'd had a diagnostic done on my vehicle and that a Cadillac Senior Advisor would be contacting me within two days. I missed the first call on Nov ninth and the second call later that evening. The second caller was Jacob. Jacob left me a voice message to state he was calling on behalf of Ingrid and that Ingrid was out of the office for the evening and asked that Jacob give me a call. Since Jacob missed me as well he asked that I call Ingrid on Nov 10. I called Ingrid the morning of Nov 10th and left her a message. I also received an email from Cadillac Customer care wanting to know if my issue had been resolved in which I responded it had not but I hoped to connect with Ingrid sometime during Friday.

At 3:08 pm I received a call from "Sharae" (not sure if I spelled her name correctly). Anyway I explained the issue after which she proceeded to tell me that unfortunately because I was over 30k miles pass 50k it was not under warranty and Cadillac would not be able to do anything to cover any of the cost. I explained that I'd read different forums and it seemed to be a common problem and I referred to it as a defect. She commented on how people post things on the internet. I got the impression she didn't feel what people were saying carried any weight. She also went to tell me that my issue was "cosmetic not mechanical". I explained it would be cosmetic if my screen had spider webbing and the touch screen still worked. However, since my touch screen was frozen thus unusable it was more than cosmetic.

I also said that a Cadillac cost entirely too much money for this type of problem. She then asked if my vehicle had been purchased new or used which I answered used but still found her question offensive. I asked her who else could I speak to and she said that she was the highest level of customer care. She does report to a supervisor but that her supervisor would tell me the same information that Sharae had already told me. Since prior to our call she'd informed me our call may be monitored I asked that she please email me a transcript of our call and she said she would.

What I received was "Dear Ms. **, Per your request, here is a summary of the final resolution for your 2014 Cadillac SRX CROSSOVER, case number **. Based on the age and miles on the vehicle and the concern being cosmetic we are unable to offer cost assistance on these repairs, this is the final decision. Cadillac does review each customer’s concern on an individual basis. All the facts in your situation were carefully considered, and we have determined that this decision is appropriate given the details of your case. Regards, Cadillac. Customer Assistance 1-800-458-8006". I still am researching to see if I can file a formal complaint on the Cadillac Cue to include the response from their highest level of what she'd defined as Customer Care. It was more like don't care!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Just purchased a 2017 XT5 after a long and thorough process considering multiple alternatives. This is a very smooth, powerful and classy ride. Glad to see this level of quality in an American made product!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We've owned 3 CTS's in the last 10 years. Why so many? Well, we like to change for the sake of change. And in between noir Cads we've had Lexus, M-B, and BMW. THEY ALL HAVE THEIR PLUSES AND MINUSES. It's personal choice, but our used CTS was affordable to buy and is affordable to own (have you ever replaced brakes or suspension in a Beemer?). It seats 5, although rear seating can be cramped for long legs. Features are nicely appointed, and the body is good, with good trunk space. Our '13 has sunroof with electric retracting shade; good enough for even hot Arizona days. Never had even a pickup with our 3.0 V-6, which provides more power than needed for everything except burnouts!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I am a victim of bad work performed on my vehicle by the service department, unethical car service practices and unheard-of customer resolution at Suburban Cadillac Plymouth, 40475 Ann Arbor Rd., Plymouth MI. I took my car in for service on 6/2/17 and the dealership had my car for over 2 months which caused me great concern. I researched the Timing Change job that was being done and learned it was a very tedious job. When I finally received my vehicle, cost $3111.01 which my warranty covered 100% but $750.00 was rolled over to me due to dealership not accepting $70 per hour labor cost and I had to make up difference.

The next day while heading to work I noticed my XM Satellite radio wasn’t working. I called my Cadillac representative, ** to report the issue. He stated, “I’m sorry to hear that but that has nothing to do with the work that was done on your car and there are no loaner cars available at the time, you can schedule a loaner car but know this will be a separate issue/charge.” I explained these things were working prior to car repair and please have techs go over their work. It could have been the way they re-assembled things back together that obviously effected something else. My rep ** states to bring it in but understand no dealership responsibility and expect new charges.

Upon arrival I ask to speak with the service director, **. He appeared friendly and sympathetic to what had happened to my car but agreed with his rep, **. When I ask ** to speak with someone higher up he declined and stated he is the only one that can assist. I insisted and he left the office briefly and returned with a business card of a manager under him. I was insulted and felt disrespected with the treatment of the team working together against me, the customer. He had me sign papers agreeing to check the vehicle for 130.00 fee. He gave me a loaner car and said, “Have a nice day. We will call you.”

I received the call maybe a week and half later with ** asking for permission for a tech to drive my car home to ensure engine light doesn’t come back on. It is determined pass 50 miles, I gave consent. The next week ** called to say they have an estimate for my car. “The radio needs replacing cost $1600.00 because Sirius Radio stated the issue is not on their end, and by the way, while your car was being test driven something pertaining to the brakes collapsed and that will cost you $700, your total bill $2500.00 warranty doesn’t cover nor the dealership. The remainder covers the engine light and lockout issue. Let us know how you would like to proceed.”

At this point I felt raped by these unheard-of business practices and called in later in an effort to reach a higher up. I left several messages on ** phone but received no call back. I was passed around the dealership and sent to voicemails with no return calls after leaving a couple messages. Much happened in between that revealed their dishonesty and how they worked together to ensure I didn’t speak with someone in authority to attend to this matter.

I picked my car up today 10/3/17 paying 751.00 for the brake collapsed incident that happened while at dealership. Of course, my satellite radio still not functioning due to me declining to pay 1600.00 for a problem that occurred with them working on my car. And my computer system is now out of whack; voice commands no longer working, cd player not working, sound system poor sounding. I could have taken my car to a non-Cadillac qualified mechanic but felt Cadillac was top of line service. I am sick about the condition my car is now in. A couple of similar unethical instances happened to me within the past 2 years but were resolved satisfactorily via escalation so I continued to do business with this location but with this last instance and seeing this is a trend and now their normal practices, it’s clear I need to get the attention of someone who cares about the bottom line of the company.

What I'm asking for is the dealership take ownership for their work which is the right thing to do -- refund my money for the incident that occurred while they had my car (mechanic took my car home) and put my car back in the condition it arrived in, working satellite radio (which I’m paying monthly services for) and reset or adjust my computer system. Voice commands no longer work. All inside controls and functions were working perfectly prior to the major repair done on my vehicle. The work they performed had nothing to do with these issues but obviously the way they reassembled my vehicle affected these things. They tore my engine down; kept my car 2 1/2 months, something obviously went wrong.

Suburban Cadillac is using dealership mechanical lingo and rhetoric to mask what really happened and it is extremely frustrating that they have charged me 3111.00 plus 750.00 within 30-days to return my car to me out of whack and satellite radio not working. The radio is fine but the XM Satellite whom I’m paying monthly subscription is no longer working after car pickup.

I filed a complaint with GM website, mailed a letter to corporate and spoke with someone finally at GM Customer Care on 10/17/17. They stated they spoke with Suburban Cadillac and must believe the experts and it’s nothing they can do. She was young and appeared insincere and indifferent to what had happened to me. She spoke very fast as if reading from a script and closed the matter. So now I’m reaching out to Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General because the dealership has taken my money and left my vehicle with problems and no repair shop wants to go behind their work. Respectfully, Ripped-Off Customer.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I just got off the phone with Cadillac and I have to say that it was one of the worst experiences that I've ever had with regards to a vehicle I own. I first called Cadillac on Monday, October 9, 2017 and I asked to speak to a manager but the representative told me that one was not available and that one would call me back within 24 hours. The next day (Tuesday) I called again and received the same response. I called again on Wednesday and the representative was going to tell me the same thing again but I decided to explain my situation to her. I told her that I was in need of a vehicle repair because of bad parts that Cadillac installed in my truck when manufactured. The proof is in the attached image of a service bulletin. She then told me that she would get back to me after she investigated what could be done.

So today Thursday I received a call from the representative, Alicia, and she says that because it was a service bulletin and not a manufacturer recall that nothing can be done. I stated to her that for there to be a service bulletin, there had to be many customer complaints experiencing the same issue so that's why the service bulletin was created to let the mechanics know that there are bad parts in my vehicle. She stated that because the trend of complaints weren't big enough, a recall was not made. So my response was, "how do you define how great of a trend a mechanical problem has to be before it is considered a recall?" In my eyes it appears that Cadillac does not want to fork the bill for repair so they deliberately classified this mechanical problem as a "low trend of complaints" not worthy of an official recall so that they can pass the expense to the consumer.

I totally understand their stance but is this fair to the average consumer to have to come up with thousands of dollars for a transmission related repair even if Cadillac knew that there were bad parts in my specific year/model of my vehicle? This is not morally right in my eyes and probably in the eyes of consumers that have been forced to pay out of pocket for similar situations. She asked me if it was ok to record the call at the beginning of the call in which I agreed. However I also took it upon myself to record the call as well and it is available for you to scrutinize if needed. My Cadillac case number is **. I truly hope that Cadillac can do the right thing which is to pay for repairs. Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have extremely frustrated and disappointed with my 2013 Cadillac SRX. We purchased with 28,000 miles and one previous owner. Around 42,000 miles the CUE system stopped working on the bottom (radio) buttons. I called the local dealership and brought it in to have it looked at and they said they could not detect a problem. Around 51,000 miles the entire CUE screen stopped responding. I called the dealership again and they told me to bring the car in. I did and they told me that the whole CUE system will need to be replaced. The cost would be $1,400+ for parts and labor. Since my warranty expired at 50,000 miles they said it would not be covered under the warranty. I asked about a warranty if I were to replace the part and they told me it was 12,000 miles/12 months.

I contacted Cadillac directly after speaking to the dealership to see if there was anything they could do since the problem initially started before my warranty expired, they said there was nothing else they could do and that I would have to pay to replace the CUE. I am not willing to spend $1,400+ to replace an item that Cadillac will not take responsibility for and fix. I will just have to replace the CUE system again in another 40-50,000. This is very upsetting that Cadillac was not willing to make this situation right or fix the ongoing issues with the CUE system. I am extremely disappointed in the money I spent on this car and the lack of customer service.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I've owned three CTSs (2004; 2011; and 2016). I purchased them primarily because of their "looks". Each car exceeded the other in terms of features, performance and fuel economy. Cadillac's 4-year "free" premium maintenance was another decisive factor in purchasing, as well as 0% financing on the 2016!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

My wife and I recently rented a 2017 Cadillac XTS. We wanted to try it out before we bought one. Immediately after starting out we tried to use the CUE system and discovered that it is dangerous to use as it is totally distracting and takes your eyes off the road. It is very difficult to use the controls and activate them. I tried to plug my iPod in and it immediately froze up the system. It was extremely difficult to activate the A/C, heating and radio, stereo controls. This system is a complete failure and a deathtrap as it is dangerous to use. I hear as well that they are very prone to failure and not covered under the radio type warranty. What a failure for a car like a Cadillac where a person lays out high multi thousands of dollars.

Cadillac needs to dump this system and replace it with one that this car should have. How disappointing. The car itself had adequate power but rode no better, braked no better or did it handle on curves and straight a ways any better than my 2010 Terrain. The seats were hard and uncomfortable on a long trip. As well the transmission did not do anything better than my 2010 Terrain. I expected a lot lot more from a Cadillac especially for the asking price but the car and the company did not deliver. Cadillac is asking way to much for this car and it does not deliver In conclusion we will not be buying any Cadillac of any kind and have decided to go with an Audi. We DO NOT recommend a Cadillac of any kind to any one.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I purchased a brand new, off the showroom floor, 2017 Cadillac CT6 in February, 2017. On March 27, 2017 while driving in Rowland Hts., Ca. I was rear ended by a motorist who was not paying attention to the fact that everyone else but her had stopped. I had my vehicle towed to a Cadillac dealer for repair. 2 weeks later that Cadillac dealer contacted me and stated that they could not repair my car as they weren’t "aluminum qualified". They found another shop in the area that was aluminum qualified but, in about 2 more weeks, I found out that this repair shop was not "GM aluminum qualified".

GM finally okayed a shop in North Hollywood that was qualified to repair my vehicle. My car was transported to this location but the vehicle could not be repaired at this time as there were no replacement parts available for my vehicle. Long story short: my vehicle is still in this shop and tomorrow will make it the 4th month that I have not been able to get my car back.

In fairness, the Cadillac dealer that I originally took the car to has supplied me with a loaner car for the duration and they also assisted in getting GM to reimburse me for 2 months of payments on my car, but I have not seen my car for almost 4 months! Car is not totaled. My experience tells me that I will NEVER purchase another Cadillac as GM has truly dropped the ball in regard to supplying parts and a qualified repair shop. The shop that my car is still currently at is the only one in Southern California at this time so, again, I blame GM for really dropping the ball. My insurance company told me that I could take my car to any qualified repair show but by whose qualifications??? Again, I commend the dealership that has supported me during this time frame but I have lost all faith in GM.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Unfortunately the 2011 excellent DTS Cadillac we owned was in a head on with a loose horse and my husband was killed and me suffering injuries for 3 years. Needless to say that Cadillac was totaled. It was my mother’s day gift from my love. To top that in 2 months I lost my only grand daughter and her 3 year old girl in a horrific wreck roll over auto accident where they drowned in the bayou of Louisiana. It was so devastating to where all I wanted to do was die. Then 2 weeks later lost 3 very long time best friends in weird tragic ways.

Rented a car for 3 months then found this incredible awesome 2013 Cadillac XTS 4. Only 6,000 miles from previous owner. I was happy to say the sales rep got me through to the purchase and it was my Miracle Car. I have loved it with all my heart and had more compliments than ever on an auto from young kids to people so old they could hardly walk with their canes or walkers. It is an absolute beauty.

BUT now... along with so, so many I found online with exact same problem, most threatening, suggesting or planning to file a class action suit, I too am so distraught because the CUE SYSTEM is OUT! It began (like most others) at the bottom level, then in short time, maybe 2 weeks, the entire system went out. NO navigation, no radio, no Sirius XM, which I've paid a year in advance for. No car phone, no emergency contact info. The car was purchased as a luxury with all of this in it, but now it is NOT working! I suggested to the big online group to let’s ask Cadillac to do a RECALL since so many have or will have this same problem, trying to talk them out of a class action suit.

I do NOT want to make a bad name for Cadillac as I LOVE the dealership, the SERVICE representatives and mechanics and the dept. Their services are the BEST ever! The salesman who sold it to me was the BEST ever. I'm 77 so I've purchased a lot of cars and dealt with a lot of salesmen! Will you PLEASE, PLEASE help me to get this CUE Infotainment Center replaced? I was told by dealership it would be a minimum of $1,200 and others were told up to $1,900.

We are appalled that our warranties and extended warranties do not cover replacement and there is no fix for it. Warranties state that the only classification is RADIO and radio is not covered. Thanks for your help. Hopefully to assist me in pulling out of this deep depression and downhill slide with this all now happening on top of everything else. This system is really the only companionship I had when traveling alone.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Was happy to purchase previously owned 2013 Cadillac SRX in November 2016. Also purchased extended warranty. Wish I would have done more homework before this purchase though now in hindsight viewing the many complaints about the touchscreen CUE is so disheartening. I, like many others, have a touchscreen that won't work even after hard reset attempts per GM instructions. Waiting a week before I can even get into the dealership for this issue. Learning this is not covered in warranty, even extended is sickening. There should be a class action against Cadillac for this faulty part placed in my vehicle. As soon as I pay this car off no more GM or Cadillac cars for me! They have lost my trust.

Original review: June 24, 2017

2010 SRX Cadillac had wet rugs in back floor. Had repairs made to leaking sunroof, water also corroded back hatch lift... Replacement made ($1300). Next week engine problems... Car towed to dealer... Now water damage has shorted out, ruined fuel injection, plus whatever is controlled by module under front seat... GM knew the sunroof failure was a possibility but did not send any warning to customer so the roof could be checked occasionally. This failure of roof hoses, which Cadillac knew was possible has cost me, up to 6/24/17, over $3000. The dealer should have checked all areas that could have water damage the first time the car was in for sunroof repair. Anyway, I feel GM has mislead or failed to inform the SRX owners about a HUGE possible problem. WARNING TO CADILLAC OWNERS WITH SUNROOFS... CHECK FOR LEAKS OR CHANCE THE SERIOUS DAMAGE CAUSED BY WATER SILENTLY ENTERING YOUR CAR.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I purchased my 2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury 14 months ago, it was a one owner car and was purchased at dealership that originally sold it. I purchased an extended warranty for 2500. About 1 week ago my infotainment in my car froze, I am unable to use navigation or access anything in the main cue. Well I called the dealership and they told me to bring it in. I brought it in and the girl working there said it had to be replaced. She called the extended warranty and was told that the warranty did not cover the radio. I was upset to say the least. 1200 for a new cue to be put in plus labor.

I told the dealership that the cue was more than a radio, it is the whole center that controls radio, satellite, GPS, navigation, weather, AC controls, etc. I told the guy at the dealership that I had down my research prior to coming in and that the infotainment cue in all models of Cadillac have had issues like mine since 2013. In all models CTS, SRX, Escalade and Crossovers. I think Cadillac should be responsible for fixing these since without that feature in my car it is not a luxury model.

Original review: May 15, 2017

We purchased our Cadillac XT5 in Feb. 2017 for almost $64,000. We have been subscribers to SiriusXM since 2009. Shortly after purchasing the XT, we noticed that the radio dropped SXM channel 69. Returned car to dealer and they ran codes but could not find a problem. Returned the car a second time for the same problem with no luck. Radio also loses signal in supermarket and Lowe's parking lots. I have a 2011 GMC Terrain, has never dropped a signal Suspect XT radio or the antenna.

Returned the car a third time and was given a loaner with the same radio. That radio also dropped SXM 69, 7 and 71. I returned the loaner. Sent letter to Cadillac customer assistance explaining the problem. Requested a written response, nope. I never got. Several days get phone call and was told to call SXM. Another refresh sent. Next day my wife goes to the market, drives in the parking lot, no signal. Florida does have lemon law. I would prefer Cadillac solve their problem. My patience is wearing thin.

Original review: April 6, 2017

This brand has a good selection of models to choose from whether it be 4 door, one, 2 door, or sports type car. I like to have a fun car and I like to buy something that gets my friends and family attention so having a Cadillac is a eye catcher within itself and I like that. The car is totally loaded and has everything a car seeker with prestige could ask for. It's style and easy to maneuver. The color is shiny and holds its coloring so when it is dirty it does not even look that bad. The system in the car sounds good for an manufacture system. I trust the brand and I like the way it flows when I drive it and the attention I get from driving the car.

I love the cd player and I like being able to take along my phone and use it in my car to hear different tracks. I like that the model every year is adding different options for their customers to select from. Now this kind of car is not really for the whole family if you have a lot of children and even though I have the grandkids it is enough room for everyone to safely fit into without being squash.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Cadillac offer many varieties, models, etc. There is something for everyone. From basic to luxury you can find it. I would definitely buy again. The appearance is sharp, nice. I like the way it looks. Features vary greatly, but there are many features that you can add or remove to make the car tailored to you. There are many upgrade and personalization options. You get to choose what you want or don't want for your car. This makes it very appealing, and customizable to each individual. Capacity is great. Very roomy without being uncomfortable. My family of 5 can easily get into the vehicle and take a trip while still being comfortable.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Bought a Cadillac XT5 in December. Been in the shop 4 times for the same problem. According to the dealer there's no fix available till sometime in May. The vehicle falls under the Missouri lemon law. Dealership trying its best to help us. District manager/gm being difficult to deal with. Called owner assistance. Now we wait. Worst car we ever bought. Wife afraid to drive it. Please note this is the 3rd caddy we have owned and our last one ever...

Original review: March 30, 2017

I liked how many models there was for me and my wife. We decided for the midsize LS. It has a shiny black exterior paint and grey interior, with a nice navigational system. I also had hundreds of choices to make as far as the extras. I had a hard time choosing but I settled for the chrome rims, tinted windows, and the sunroof. The car can seat up to 5 people, enough room for me and my family.

Original review: March 29, 2017

The Cadillac de Ville has a quiet motor sound while riding, it’s the best. I added snow tires and upgraded the seat covers to protect my leather. I also put in a wheel cover plus it has turn signals on the rear-view mirror. Its most distinct appearance are the headlights and the body features. The Cadillac Escalade is very nice for traveling with a passenger capacity of 8 adults. I travel with my 3 adult brothers and their wives, my sister and myself and we all fit.

Original review: March 28, 2017

It’s an awesome vehicle. There's a lot to choose from. They are all great choices but couldn't make up my mind so I test drove a lot of them and finally chose a winner. It came with all the features I was looking for. Bluetooth was a must and satellite radio. Electric windows and touch screen radio also and back row seats. Upgrades are a plus like seat warmer, sunroof, and all the extras. But I got those cause they are a must to me, and it's more convenient. Space was also a must for me, and the vehicle's capacity is awesome! The leg room, arm space are not cramped up like the other car I've had previously. Everyone is satisfied and comfortable.

Cadillac Company Information