Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
3.26/5

Cadillac

Cadillac is a division of General Motors that manufactures luxury cars. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

385 Cadillac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

Do not ever buy a Cadillac. I am on my second SRX, the first was totaled and was the standard model 2011. I upgraded to a 2015 and was excited about the luxury features. Heritage Cadillac in Cobb County sold me a vehicle with a frozen CUE screen and luckily I caught it and they replaced it immediately the day after I drove it off the lot. Then I slowly realized my headlights weren't working properly over the following months. They seemed too "dim" but they were on. Finally after the second time somebody almost hit me at night I knew something was amiss. I googled and sure enough, lawsuits and complaints! I will never buy another GM car and I am beyond disgusted that a dealership would knowingly sell me a car with faulty parts without disclosing the information beforehand! I cannot WAIT to get in on this headlight class action lawsuit! Buyer Beware! Once GM agrees to pay for these lights I'm getting them fixed and trading it in for a Mercedes!

Original review: April 4, 2019

My car has all kinds of annoying rattling sound coming from the interior panels. I left the car the whole day today at the second dealership I went and they diagnosed they couldn’t duplicate just like the other dealership that I visited for the same issues five times. As soon as I drove it off from the parking lot I was able to hear the annoying noise.

Before I was able to get my car back, I told the service staff I will come back at seven, but she already left with other staffs by the time I called at 6:30. I was able to find a sales staff and he told me to come back in the morning but I already drove an hour. He found a key later on and I was able to get my car back after begging three twice. I’m not gonna bother by the noise and drive it as is but I’m not gonna stop complaining how crappy the Cadillac service departments are managed.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Just bought a 2015 ATS. Same crap as everybody else. Cadillac CUE freezes and it beeps. Chevy did a update and by the next day it was freezing up again. They told me if it happens again it will be 1500.00 dollars. And their 3 month warranty won't cover it. Now what ? I guess trade it in on another sucker to deal with.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty from Cadillac for $3,500. The warranty has the Cadillac Warranty all over the papers that were signed. My engine blew after 3 years (80k miles) and Cadillac said the manufacturer's warranty was over and the warranty THEY sold me they could not support since it was a third party warranty. Facts: This is not a Cadillac Warranty. After numerous calls Cadillac informed me it was not their warranty and they could not help (even though their logo is all over what was sold). Cadillac is given incentives to sell third party warranties and allows them to put their logos on the warranty to make it appear it is a Cadillac sponsor and supported warranty.

Third party warranty held my car for over month to fix while only giving 10 days of vehicle rental allowance. Third party failed to rebuild engine and it went out again and wanted to charge me additional $3,500 to fix after it. This happened the moment I drove it off of lot from dealership that was paid to replace it. Beware of what you are signing. The dealership I purchased this from has said their hands are tied due to Cadillac not supporting them in helping the consumer. After spending $90k on a vehicle I expected more from a brand and the services they sell you.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have had nothing but problems, after spending 50,000 dollars on a car, you would think it would be a nice car. CUE UNIT IS DEFECTIVE!!! The dealership says a hard reset will fix it, but we have had them do this 2 minute hard reset to our C.T.S and it still does not fix the actual problem. They need to recall this CUE system. I know they have a major problem in all the models of Cadillac. But they deny it. I'm so upset with this problem!!! Can anyone help us!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: March 11, 2019

The low beam headlights are so dim they are useless. New bulbs do not help. Forced to drive with high beams. Faulty designed headlights. Numerous complaints with NHTSA and Cadillac with no fix. Several lawsuits have been filed over the SRX headlight issue across the country. These cars are dangerous to drive at night.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The XT4 is a great car. I bought my 2019 just recently and took a shake down trip to Dallas from Houston to see if there were any kinks in the car. It performed splendidly on the trip. I drove it 80 to 85 mph and it felt smooth and powerful. The only thing that happened and the reason for the low review score was that the car tried to kill me. I got some open road and floored the accelerator and to my surprise the pedal stuck to the floor. The turbo had kicked in and I was flying down the road. I shifted into neutral but the engine was revved all the way. Luckily I was able to take the side of my foot and manipulated the pedal back up to where it's starting position. I said it must be a fluke so I did it again and I had the same outcome and same fix. I road on back into Houston with no other issues but I also wasn't going to floor the car again till I could look at the problem in day light.

The next morning I found that the mud mats that came with the car was not installed in the two plastic holders and I initially thought the car was I had taken the car to had not popped them in properly but I discovered that Cadillac had left the carpeted floor mat in place under the mud mat. I didn't even know there was a mat under there. There is no way to get 2 mats to pop onto the two plastic holders so it was really Cadillac (the dealers) fault. This is a warning to anyone who has those hard mud mats to make sure they can't slide forward and interfere with the accelerator it could be disastrous.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS and my CUE has been replaced probably 10 times. There were a couple of times it was replaced over again in the same month. Of course my car is not under warranty anymore but shortly after the last replacement my warranty expired and only choice I had was to pay out of pocket. The cost is no less than $1200. Cadillac needs to have a lawsuit placed against them including all of their used to be loyal customers that are experiencing the CUE issue. I will never buy another Cadillac... GM has no integrity. I can’t even listen to music in my car now because I had my battery replaced which of course resets all of your settings so my radio just makes the static noise because I can’t touch the screen to put in on an actual station. I HATE CADILLAC.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I purchased brand new Cadillac Xts in 2016, after being a proud cadillac owner if several prior vehicles. From day one, this car has been a nightmare! When it was delivered the paint was messed up and it took so long to repair I made my first payment before I received the vehicle (paint still not perfect). It was so bad a cadillac rep had to come view it. My car since day one has occasionally shook when being crunk. The check engine light would immediately pop on, but when car was restarted it would go away. I was told several times by the dealership that they could only fix it if the check engine light stayed on.

There were other issues as well, We were told by the General Manager not to worry. Cadillac would do a buyback and gives us 10% off of msrp of a new Cadillac. The dealership has since closed, getting Cadillac to do the right thing seems to be a nightmare! We have been dedicated Cadillac owners and never had a prior issue, this is extremely disappointing!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have a 2013 ATS with 85k miles. 2.0 L turbo engine blew. Worked with Cadillac customer cares for three weeks to try to get something covered. Assigned an advisor “Shaneva”. I called several times over a three week period, escalating to a supervisor twice without so much as a return call. Finally after 3.5 weeks Saneva called me back to tell me I have to pay 3.2k for a replacement engine.

This is a premium vehicle only 5 years driven and barely paid off that needs a new engine and the company will not cover. Poor customer service (no return calls sent to voicemail multiple times, escalated to supervisor 3 times without return call); shoddy product (multiple TSBs on blown 2.0 L engines, known defect); even though a known defect they still don’t stand behind their product. I was once an engineer for GM, both parents retired from GM, and I have purchased or leased a dozen GM vehicles but this ATS is the last. I will now be paying the 3.1k, drive it a while and go look at Mercedes and BMW.

Cadillac Company Information