Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.54/5

Cadillac

Cadillac is a division of General Motors that manufactures luxury cars. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

392 Cadillac Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I bought a brand new Cadillac CT6 in 2017. After 2 years of use, I noticed the wheels had some spots that resulted to be paint peeling off of the wheels. It took multiple visits to the dealership to open a report and get the warranty claim started since service technicians did not know how to properly open a warranty claim. After more than 2 months of continuous visits to the dealership, GM finally answered that they would not replace the wheels due to warranty expiration. Poor warranty support on a car of more than $50k tag price. Not buying Cadillac again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I purchased my first Cadillac (2015 SRX with approximately 20,000 miles) in December 2016. The CUE system was replaced in January 2017. Also in January 2017, 2 emissions related sensors had to be replaced. Later in 2017, another sensor had to be replaced. In October 2018, both front end wheel bearings and windshield washer sprayer had to be replaced at about 58,000 miles. In January 2019, the purge solenoid thingie had to be replaced at about 65,000 miles -- a recall that wasn't officially classified as a recall. In May 2019, my car wouldn't start as if the fairly new battery was dead. Dealer ran a diagnostic check. No problems were detected. Now at almost 72,000 miles, the CUE system is malfunctioning again. I plan for this to be my last Cadillac. I am now shopping for a Hyundai, Toyota, Nissan, Honda or any other dependable brand to replace this Cadillac lemon.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I bought my 2013 SRX in 2014 and it had 12000 miles on it. The transmission shifts so hard, GM says this is normal. I don't think so. They had a recall on it, but I can't tell a difference. My cue screen quit working at 61k miles. Just over factory warranty. Dealership told me it would be at least 1200.00 to fix it, I opted to go without. Fast forward 6 months. My front left tire will not hold air, it's a brand new tire. Come to find out, my rim has corroded and will not seal to the tire. Eventually, this happened with all 4 tires. Meanwhile, my cue screen has started cracking on the inside. I don't even use the cue module because it doesn't work. Dealership said it cracked because of the heat. I end up with a flat tire at end of my driveway, I go to change it, no spare, no donut. Just a can of fix a flat type stuff. I call dealership, they tell me to call roadside assistance. Seriously?

I find out from the internet that I can order the cue replacement screen on Amazon for 80 bucks. I did. Then I took it to a local mechanic and had them install it for me. Cost me 130 bucks to have it installed. Beats the hell out of the minimum of 1200 for Cadillac. They try telling you the whole unit needs replaced. They take it, slap a new screen on it and sell it as refurbished. Crooks! So after buying new rims and an aftermarket screen and dealing with a hard shifting car, I'm at 91k miles at this point, I get in my car to leave work and the ac stopped working. Took it to my fave local mechanic. He tries to fix it but apparently it is a sensor that has to be fixed by a gm dealer so it can be reprogrammed. Of course it does! To sum it all up, the Cadillac looks nice, the electronics quality is definitely lacking, and Cadillac does not stand behind their product. I will never buy another gm product again. My money will go back to Nissan.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Our 14th and last Cadillac is the 2017 XT5 we currently own. Door panels replaced, battery replaced, etc, etc. but the LAST straw was when the OEM Michelin tires started LITERALLY coming apart and GM wouldn’t stand behind them! I would encourage anyone that owns a XT5 to look at their tires. The internet is full of reviews describing the issues and poor quality with these tires. In my view of the world if a premium brand like Cadillac puts a tire on their cars at the factory, the purchaser should be able to reasonably expect it to last for more than 18,811 miles before the tread begins coming apart.

I bought a Cadillac, and don’t want to hear excuses about them not being the manufacturer of the tire! They don’t manufacture many parts on the car, but they still fall under their warranty. It was THEIR decision to equip the car with Michelin...not mine. In my opinion, they should be prepared to reimburse the customer when it’s an obvious workmanship defect, as is this case here. You can be assured this will be not only my last Cadillac, but my last dealing with GM! I will also make sure to not only do due diligence on the cars I am considering in the future, but also the tires that the manufacturer has chosen to put on it!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have a 2015 Cadillac CTS and it’s been nothing but problems once I passed 65,000. The rear differential began to go out around this time. Also the CUE in dash screen began to crack internally around 74,000 miles. Both are very expensive items to replace. Cadillac only offered to pay for 40% of my differential repairs even though the differential began to go out under warranty. Also the CUE screen is no longer under warranty. This is my first car where I need to have 2 major repairs and the car is under 100,000 miles. SMH.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: May 25, 2019

I have owned Cadillacs my whole life, used to be a good car back in the day, Now I think they are made in China. In my yard I have now a 2001 DTS, a 2006 DTS, a 2008 DTS and my latest a 2013 SRX4. I bought this car at TnT moros in Lumberton NC with 77k miles, bought it on a Saturday in Feb and on Monday the cue went out. Since then it has started to spiderweb so you cannot even read it. I have been a loyal Cadillac owner for over 50 years but I am done now. I will start looking for an Acura. Anyone interested in my Cadillac collection, let me know. I will sell them all very cheap.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I purchased a 2015 SRX with $13,000 miles on it. Within the last six months, the CUE screen won't work on the bottom, the wiper fluid motor stopped working, had to replace a fuel injector and just yesterday the motor on my right passenger side window went out. I drove to work in the pouring rain with my window partially down. I have had several vehicles in my lifetime, but this is by far THE WORST! These cars are not cheap but they sure have all kinds of things go wrong with them. I will NEVER buy another Cadillac!

Original review: April 19, 2019

Do not ever buy a Cadillac. I am on my second SRX, the first was totaled and was the standard model 2011. I upgraded to a 2015 and was excited about the luxury features. Heritage Cadillac in Cobb County sold me a vehicle with a frozen CUE screen and luckily I caught it and they replaced it immediately the day after I drove it off the lot. Then I slowly realized my headlights weren't working properly over the following months. They seemed too "dim" but they were on. Finally after the second time somebody almost hit me at night I knew something was amiss. I googled and sure enough, lawsuits and complaints! I will never buy another GM car and I am beyond disgusted that a dealership would knowingly sell me a car with faulty parts without disclosing the information beforehand! I cannot WAIT to get in on this headlight class action lawsuit! Buyer Beware! Once GM agrees to pay for these lights I'm getting them fixed and trading it in for a Mercedes!

Original review: April 4, 2019

My car has all kinds of annoying rattling sound coming from the interior panels. I left the car the whole day today at the second dealership I went and they diagnosed they couldn’t duplicate just like the other dealership that I visited for the same issues five times. As soon as I drove it off from the parking lot I was able to hear the annoying noise.

Before I was able to get my car back, I told the service staff I will come back at seven, but she already left with other staffs by the time I called at 6:30. I was able to find a sales staff and he told me to come back in the morning but I already drove an hour. He found a key later on and I was able to get my car back after begging three twice. I’m not gonna bother by the noise and drive it as is but I’m not gonna stop complaining how crappy the Cadillac service departments are managed.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Just bought a 2015 ATS. Same crap as everybody else. Cadillac CUE freezes and it beeps. Chevy did a update and by the next day it was freezing up again. They told me if it happens again it will be 1500.00 dollars. And their 3 month warranty won't cover it. Now what ? I guess trade it in on another sucker to deal with.

Cadillac Company Information