3.5/5 (1551 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Cadillac

Cadillac is a division of General Motors that manufactures luxury cars. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Cadillac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

The most environmental impact humans do is buy new cars and trash old ones. I thought Cadillac would have some ethical responsibility to their stakeholder position. I have been very happy with my 2010 Cadillac through the years. I well cared for this car and still looks nearly new inside and out. Now in 2022 it started burning quite a bit of oil, I messed up and didn't keep track, and I blew the 3.0 engine. My fault and at 160k miles I'm not mad at them, though that was a bit short life for burning all the oil in 1k miles on a well maintained engine. What I am mad about is the access to parts.

Apparently Cadillac makes changes to their engines often and makes engine swaps nearly impossible by their ridiculous ECU limitations. This is outright vital that a company could be welcoming for people to fix their cars and be environmentally friendly by extending the life of a car and all the plastics and emissions it took to create it... This company preaches woke, but is clearly out to just damage the environment with throwaway cars... Cadillac and other auto companies are lead by some fake liars. They don't care anything about the environment. I will never buy a Cadillac again.... From a customer who thought they would never buy another brand.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Wile I was driving my Cadillac XT-5 my entire keychain with seven keys and an ornament disappeared through large gap right above sliding cupholder's cover. There was no way to get this item back without dismantling part of the vehicle. So, I took it to Casa de Cadillac to retrieve my keys. It took them a few hours to get my keys back and return my car. I was really shocked when at the end I was charged $375. It is obviously design flaw, since no vehicle should be able to swallow such a bulky item without easy way to retrieve it. My car is under bumper to bumper warranty and they should have used this warranty to get my keys back since I am not the one who have created that unacceptably wide opening inside the car. As a result I was charged $375 and for several hours I did not have an access neither to my home nor to my office. So, I was punished for the poor design of the vehicle. This is unacceptable!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Side sensors and associated hardness corrosion on a Cadillac XTS 2014. Totally unacceptable especially for a car driven in an area without rain and generally without moisture. The bill to replace them come up to about $2K. DO NOT BUY JUNK GM CARS. This is just the most recent problem I have. Shame on the company and their management for such poor quality. No wonder bankruptcy is looming.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Waited months 4 new Escalade. Had only 6 days & in shop ever since& rental car I'm paying for because no loaners. Calls emails w/ advisors only delay & pawn U off! It's GMs new corporate culture? Service Request Number: **

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Consumer alert: If you buy a new Cadillac there will be some GM locations that will not work on Warranty items. I was told today by Cadillac, the hopes of going full electric by 2025 and because of this, some GM dealerships are not required to work on Cadillacs if it is covered by warranty. I was not told this before buying and actually was told that any GM dealership would accept the Cadillac. The nearest Cadillac dealership is over 40 miles one way.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Poorest customer service I have ever received. Totally not helpful and not there to meet customers' needs or satisfaction. After waiting for my Escalade for 4 months with a issue with the transmission, on the third time around picking my vehicle up the engine blew at 60000 miles 10 miles from the dealership and transmission still not fixed. Four months later vehicle was returned, after a new engine and still has transmission issues, touch screen is bad, cruise control not working and drivers assist warning on. I had to fight for a loaner for warranty work! Which was given a equinox, nowhere in comparison for 3.5 months. Was told by Cadillac was basically my problem to deal w the dealership and I could go rent a vehicle to meet my family's need of a 7 passenger vehicle but would only reimburse 42 dollars a day for a week only.

I also was told by one of their customer car advisors that it was basically my problem and if they were to have the same issues she would be in the same shape. Total lie. Payment reimbursement was discussed then denied after I had to do all the grunt work to get the warranty work order and submit for which they had multiple contacts with the dealership and were well aware what was going on. Worst experience ever and will not own another Cadillac in my lifetime. Would highly not recommend buying a Cadillac. They are junk and way overpriced. Encountered multiple people with the same transmission issues along with GM has a class action lawsuit against them for the transmission problem my vehicle has/had. I got rid of it ASAP!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Beware New Purchasers for GM Manufacturing of Cadillacs. We purchased our new CT5 in 2020. Our brakes started squealing from day one after driving it off the lot. Going on 2 years now and the brakes on the car continue to squeak so loud it is irritating! We sound like we are driving a school bus and it is so embarrassing as people stare at us everyday. We have taken it to the FWB dealership 3 times and each time we’re told cannot duplicate. The last time I brought videos and FWB did submit them to Cadillac customer care and the engineer stated it was normal operations? The reason it is normal is because GM has changed the composite material to save money on brake pads. Now you get squeaking brakes with your new car purchase!

I contacted Cadillac customer care and was advised to get a second opinion. I took the car to the Pensacola dealer and got the same result and explanation. We know it is not the dealer's fault that GM will not support their product! Nevertheless, the service departments are taking the negative hit for GM’s lack of customer satisfaction. Only after I would not give high marks did I start receiving calls from Cadillac pretending to care and gathering the same information time and time again with the promise of a call from a supervisor. The call never came!

I certainly did not want to post this but GM simply does not care about the purchaser of their product once you have purchased. I have driven GM autos for 43 years but never again after this. All I want is my brakes to stop squeaking and GM is too cheap to even allow a replacement set to be put on. Maybe because squeaking breaks are now normal operations for GM autos now as stated by the GM engineer. I say replace them and let’s see. But again I am just your average car buyer not anyone with influence to be treated fairly by GM.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Cadillacs are a huge investment. They require patience to deal with all the systems in the car and the maintenance not only of these items but also the wear items. All the modern conveniences are great but present a lot of learning plus trail and error. The comfort, power and prestige are all great but come at a cost.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I bought a new 2017 Cadillac XT5. I had a problem with the cruise control. It took 4 visits to the maintenance department before they fixed the problem. I had to take my Cadillac in because the fuel gauge would not work properly. I simply washed my xt5 and somehow it caused the door locks to not work. It cost me $575 to get it fixed. I called the corporate office seeking a refund and give Cadillac a chance to stand by their product but they refused. So, if you want to take a chance and buy a Cadillac....good luck.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Had a 2004 Cadillac XLR Drop Top. Absolutely the best car from General Motors in ADDITION to the 2000 Corvette Convertible I owned with 75,000 miles on it AND NEVER WENT TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT FOR ANY PROBLEM, which I traded in for The Cadillac XLR also with 75,000 on it. And it also never went to the service department for any problem. The Cadillac WAS produced at the Corvette Factory in Bowling Green Kentucky.

Cadillac Company Information