2.56/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Cadillac

Cadillac is a division of General Motors that manufactures luxury cars. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

355 Cadillac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have a 2015 XTS and the crackling in the left and right corners of the Cue screen is the least of the problem, now my radio is selecting its own stations, is flipping from media to radio on its own, as well as all of the station data is racing across the screen to the left continuously. Today, the local Dale Earnhardt GM Dealer said that it was becoming a common problem, the unit was on back-order until the end of September (it is now the middle of August) and will cost $1,475.12 to replace. This is my third and last Cadillac nor will I recommend that any of my friends buy Cadillac. The manufacturer should not place sub-par components in a $60K vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I bought a 2014 Cadillac in early 2017, fresh off of a 2 year lease with just under 17,000 miles on it. It was my dream to own a Cadillac so I finally took the plunge. I've lovingly babied it, it's literally been used only for trips as I work from home. 18 months later, the CUE is out at a cost of $1500 and something about some hub things that wear out in the front causing the car to sound like it is revving all the time. Total cost to get my barely 3 year old car with 37000 miles on it fixed? $2800. I'm getting it fixed and going to trade it in on a Kia. Sorry Cadillac, my family has been GM for 4 generations, but I'm done. I wish I had read the reviews on the CUE's and GM's lack of response to their failure before my purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Radio sucks for a 2015 bought brand new expensive Cadillac!!! Am in a general motors family!! After 3 years guess what radio starts beeping, flashing, changing stations by itself. Took to dealer they say yep the radio is bad and it will cost you $1500 to get a new one! Really? Seriously? A 50k car with a radio that last for 3 years! Great job General Gotors!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

First, I will start by saying that I LOVE my car...and this has been my 3rd Cadillac that I have owned...but I guarantee that it will be my LAST! I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS and as of last August (2017), the CUE System stopped responding to touch on the screen. Therefore, like thousands of others out there...I am unable to use the airflow controls (feet, face, etc) as well as the Navigation because you have to confirm your location ON THE SCREEN which will not work! Of course this conveniently stopped working just after the warranty expired on the vehicle.

Of course the only option is to have the CUE system/screen replaced at a lovely price of $1,200-$1,500 and that alone is not a guaranteed fix. I have seen so many comments from other owners who have replaced this 2-3 times for it to only continue to FAIL!!! There are thousands of vehicles out there with this exact same issue yet GM has done absolutely nothing!!! You're a huge corporation... Stand behind it, take care of the problem and maybe you will retain your loyal consumers. Do nothing and you will inevitably lose them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I purchased my 2013 ATS in 2013 and had nothing but trouble with my cue system, blinking off and on and now it totally went, frozen up, and am not paying $1500.00 to have a known problem by G.M. TO HAVE IT REPAIRED. This was my first Cadillac and my last, my next new vehicle which will be in one year will be a KIA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: June 28, 2018

Overall the experience with the 2007 Cadillac CTS has been positive with a few minor repairs. It was bought used from a friend. I love the heated memory seats and the back seat is roomy for a small sedan. My daughter is 6 feet tall and almost fits comfortably. Visibility is great in this car. It is a bit of a gas guzzler though. I would also like to add more cup holders and a moonroof. Otherwise it's a very well equipped vehicle and I would buy again.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I love the Cadillac SRX car. It rides nice, is very luxurious and affordable. It has a touchscreen control display, leather interior and a panoramic sunroof. It's American made and uses flex fuel which is cheaper and better for the environment. It also has a great stereo. However, it doesn't have air conditioned seats and it doesn't get great gas mileage. I'm not thrilled with the color choices and would prefer more choices. It doesn't have a built-in DVD player as well.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My overall experience with my beautiful Cadillac has been amazing. My Cadillac was the first luxury car I've ever owned or purchased. It was pricier than other cars I've owned but I've never once regretted this purchase. This car has taken me amazing places and has been completely dependable and reliable. I love the sleek, modern look of my Cadillac CTS. This car’s interior features are what had me sold. This car contains a beautiful leather interior with heated seats and is extremely spacious inside. The only thing that I dislike about it is the poor gas mileage my Cadillac gets. There have been times I've been on long commutes and have watched the gas gauge go down in front of my eyes.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My dad had Cadillac for years. I've known many people who have had Cadillacs. They are extremely comfortable to sit in and drive. The cars takes curves well. I love my car. I like leather seats. It's luxurious. The seats are really to the point to where you can fall asleep. It also has seat warmers so when it's cold out your back will be warm. It also has a Bose radio so sound is really good. It has a large trunk and great for carrying Christmas trees. The color is a warm beige and has gloss on it. However, the headrests don't hit me right. My head hits the metal part. Also, the air conditioner has broken down already.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have been really happy with this car make and model (Cadillac SRX). Performance is wonderful, it is great on fuel economy and the price we got it for is superb. Also, the body style is sleek and modern and is a very pretty car that drives like a luxury Sedan more so than a Crossover vehicle. However, since purchasing there have been a few minor maintenance hiccups. Nevertheless, I love this car the most of all cars I have ever owned.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This is by far my most favorite vehicle, love this car. Smooth ride, excellent sound system, beautiful style, phenomenal presence, large trunk and prestige while driving. I like the sunroof, leather seats, back up camera, dual zones for heating and cooling, heated seats, the red color and black interior, comfortable seating, roomy, Bose speakers. It is excellent and will purchase again. But I would like cheaper parts as it is too expensive to get repairs done on the vehicle and better vision hard to see surroundings. Also, the lease terms have too few miles included.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have owned 5 Cadillacs in the past and have been driving them from 1996 on. The last GM vehicles a 2015 GMC Canyon (shifting issues, Recalls), 2017 GMC Sierra Denali HD Duramax (headliner rattle, faulty fuel cap, recalls,) and our 2014 Cadillac ATS (recalls, broken rims, rear differential vibration and leak, and now a shattered CUE Screen at 36971 miles. I am glad someone FORCES GM to fix the known safety issues through recalls, but the only recourse on the non safety GM KNOWN PROBLEMS is simply not to buy GM products. And as far as Cadillac goes, that recourse seems to be working as seen in the decline in Cadillac sales over the years. I just cannot understand who at GM is setting policy of not fixing known defects while at the same time advertise family and loyalty.

Original review: May 29, 2018

There once was a time when Hyundais and Kias were the cars that would have folks stranded and broke from repair costs. Now do the research and see where Cadillacs/GMCs stand among consumers relative to them! Although I have exceeded 100,000 miles, I had no idea that a Cadillac product could ever be so very substandard in quality, craftsmanship, and durability. I paid a lot of money, and I only average about 15,000 miles per year. There are 8 major issues: 1. Failing paint on my hood. It's bubbling, and I did some research to discover that this problem is widespread, and is a well-known defect in the paint on the SRX. Every month, this bubbling gets a little wider and more unsightly.

2. Driver's side headlight suddenly went out. I didn't realize it until I was stopped by the police near my neighborhood and given a ticket and repair order, which needed to be fulfilled in 30 days or my vehicle's registration would be suspended. Unfortunately, unbelievably, and outrageously, I discovered from a Cadillac technician that I could not simply replace the burned-out bulb; that the real issue-- also a widespread issue among SRX models-- is that the seal around the entire headlight assembly had failed, thereby allowing moisture and condensation to seep through to cause the damage, and that it would cost $1,400 to fix.

3. Catalytic converter has triggered the engine light, and when I had it checked, the Cadillac technician told me it was failing and could go out any moment, and that it would cost $1,800. Now I have been driving for 25 years and have owned 5 cars, and I have NEVER had a catalytic converter fail, and not in my wildest dreams had I ever thought it would happen under 120,000 miles.

4. Passenger's side headlight is now going in and out, perhaps for the same reasons of faulty SRX design that I experienced with the driver's side headlight barely a year ago. I see the same condensation and moisture building within the headlamp assembly as before. Once again, I will be expected to replace the entire assembly due to a manufacturer's failure with the seal around the assembly, $1,400 again.

5. When it rains, there is water from the storm finding its way into my cabin. A lot of water leaks onto the driver's side from under the dashboard and onto my shoes. This is also happening to the passenger's side, and I have to place large bath towels on the left and right sides of my floors to catch the water-- when I expect rain. When I don't realize it will rain, water leaks in and drenches my floors, contributing to a mold and mildew issue.

6. One day I tried to turn on my SRX radio, only to discover the sound system was mute. I did all I could to adjust the volume in my configuration settings, because I could not do OnStar, cannot place nor receive Bluetooth phone calls, cannot listen to AM/FM/XM or CDs, cannot hear my signals, cannot hear my door tones, cannot hear my navigation turn guides, and I cannot hear my rear camera indication warning tones. This is very frustrating and unnerving, because I have discovered that the SRX amplifier has failed, which prevents possibly life-sustaining and critical safety features!

7. As I drive along with no sound, one headlight working, water leaking in on my designer shoes, mold and mildew building in my car, defective paint on my hood, and an engine that could stop working at anytime due to a shoddy catalytic converter-- the most frustrating recent development is that my engine is loud as heck. I am driving a Cadillac SRX4 but I sound like I am driving a lawnmower. It is an embarrassment as people, colleges, clients, and neighbors stare-- even deer-- while I am at stoplights, parking lots, and in my own driveway. The Cadillac dealer said this is most likely an exhaust system concern now!

8. My trunk door sinks down after I open it but I don't close it. I have been caught in the trunk with the door pressing upon my back. Please do not be deceived by the sexy design of the Cadillacs. A failing commitment to quality and reliability will leave you frustrated. I understand cars need maintenance but these issues are beyond routine repair.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I bought my Cadillac CTS almost exactly one year ago. I was driving home from work last week and I had numerous alarms go off. Only had 1st gear and no power at all. The display showed traction control malfunction, and I pulled over right away. The car went straight to the local GM dealership. The service writer told me it could be a number of things and he would have a tech look at it. Gave me a ride home, no loaners. He called back that afternoon and told me the problem was the transmission module and solenoid, pulled pan and replace parts, fluid, and filter. $1500.00! I couldn't believe it, I told him the car only has 82000 miles on it and the transmission was just serviced at 70000 miles, maintenance. I am going to ask for the old part back and somehow come up with the $1500.00.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Hello. Just wanted to seek help from this frustrating issue I've been having with my Cadillac 2013 SRX. I purchased my vehicle in 2016 from CARMAX a certified car dealer. I drove it for about a couple weeks to have the display QUEUE system to go completely black where the radio, navigation, heat and everything couldn't be accessed and my Liftgate trunk could not open!! Carmax was very helpful to reach out to Thornton Chevrolet in getting it taken care of which I had to wait awhile due to the Radio was on back order!! My frustration is that I was told that the Cadillac's sunroof's drainage tubes are draining in the area where the Liftgate module is housed causing the motherboard to burn up or fry once the water hit it!!

I feel this should be a recall and have reached out to GM with no solution being it's fried again and won't open with a musty damp smell!! I am allergic to mold and have respiratory issues and I pray this situation doesn't cause a flare!! All they quoted me is a price to reseal and change the Liftgate Module out again with no guarantee that it won't happen again and I'm approaching the end of my warranty!!! I feel so sad and lost because I love my SRX. Just wish they could call a recall on these issues because there's so many negative reviews about these issues!! Last it would've been no different had I bought this vehicle from Cadillac vs Carmax so don't say this again please, y'all made the dern vehicle!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I called Cadillac on 5/42018 to get warranty information on my daughters Cadillac ATS. I explained the problems and was told by Elise that a service rep would contact me in two days. I asked, "Since today is Thursday will I get a call by Saturday or Monday." She stated, "Monday 5/7/2018 no later." On May 8, 2018 I called again due to dealer needing to know what my decision was on repairs and again I was told I would get a call on Monday, May 7th, 2018.

Here it is Monday, May 7, 2018 and I have not received a call from anyone at Cadillac. I called them four times and was hung up on 3 times. My daughter was hung up on and when my daughter called back the Rep Nash kept rudely talking over my daughter and interrupting her explaining the issues. Nash kept insisting she put my daughter in voicemail instead of putting her on hold. Our response from Cadillac is April the service advisor is not available. The Rep refused to let her hold for April. It is now 6:50 p.m. CST and still no return call from April (service rep) from Cadillac. Very poor customer service, and disrespectful. They definitely do not have the customers interest in mind.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My 1999 Cadillac Seville STS Touring has a beautiful design, ergonomic lumbar support air bladders and heated vibrating massage front seats. It also has great mileage, powerful acceleration on demand, a Bose gold 400 watt 8 speaker stereo with wonderful frequency response, leather interior, good soundproofing and smooth ride!

Original review: April 29, 2018

I love Cadillac and the style, innovation, how it feels to drive. All around class and statement of character. It’s the only car I’ve driven the last 10 years.

Original review: April 28, 2018

2007 Cadillac DTS' very roomy, smooth ride and very comfortable. Have had no major issues since owning this vehicle, other than cracked windshield from a rock thrown by passing car and someone keying side of car.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Cadillac SRX: Very pretty SUV, handles good. However, acceleration is not so good. The problem is when you need to accelerate quickly you cannot. It takes the computer a few seconds to know that you need some power before it kicks in. I ask dealership about this, they said that is normal. But it's risky and that hesitation has almost caused problems more than once, so now I know it's just a doggie SUV. Last one I'll buy.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The CTS is a large car that handles adroitly, quietly and with some spunk, even if it "only" has a 2.0 Turbo. It does require Premium fuel, but I get ~ 22 mpg driving mostly around town and > 30 mpg on the highway. P.S. It also has pizzaz styling!!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

Cadillac ELR Electric is absolutely the best car I have ever had and even now, I own 12 other cars. Being that is electric, makes all the difference since I put gas once a month since it runs a generator engine that charges the batteries. I am saving SO much money and have not had one simple issue in the last 4 years. I love my Cadillac.

Original review: April 3, 2018

In February 2018 I bought a used 2006 Cadillac CTS with 78314 miles on it. Had it 2 days and cylinder 1 started missing, took it back and they repaired the problem. No cost to me. On April 1st Easter Sunday I was driving to my family's home in Rosedale MD about 50 miles from my home. About 23 miles into the trip I looked in the rearview mirror and saw nothing but white smoke so I pulled over to the shoulder of a busy highway. Once I stopped the car, turned it off and popped the hood I saw fluid pouring out of the bottom of the car. Started the car back up to move it further in from the line of traffic but when I put it in gear it wouldn't move, turns out the fluid was Transmission fluid. Waited 3 1/2 hours for a tow and never made it to Easter Dinner.

The next day I was contacted by the service station to tell me the transmission line going to the cooling radiator unit had blown and both the radiator and line needed replaced and that was gonna cost $850. So within 2 months car has been out of service twice. Not happy with Cadillac at this point as they will not stand behind any of their flaws in their cars. You would think a high quality name like Cadillac would want to keep their reputation good. I guess my next high quality vehicle will be either Lexus or BMW. Sad Cadillac doesn't have better management who cares about their reputation instead of them just getting a fat paycheck. Cadillac it's time to rethink your corporate structure!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

Unfortunately, like many others, I purchased a vehicle from GM with their horrible CUE system. A system which they are aware has many, many issues, but they still fail to stand behind it. I truly believe that Cadillac/GM, now makes more profit off of their customers from REPLACING the CUE system, than when they originally sold them the piece of junk.

My story began when I purchased a used 2013 Cadillac XTS with 11,000 miles. Within less than a week, I noticed the screen kept freezing up. I took it to my local Cadillac dealership and they diagnosed the problem as the CUE system. They replaced the CUE system at no charge to me and it worked fine, for now. When I reached 49,000 the screen once again locked up. I took it to Thompson Cadillac in Raleigh NC. Big mistake. My wife drops the car off and later that day I receive a call from Mike ** in the service department telling me it's the CUE system and it needs to be replaced. He says it will be $2,400 and that it's not covered under the warranty. I responded, "$2,400, are you crazy?" You all know that this CUE system is crap and you should stand behind your products! He replied that it would be $2,400 and that's all he could do. I told him that this would be the LAST Cadillac I would ever purchased.

He, like many other service departments, could care less. I picked my car up the next day from Thompson Cadillac, settled out my bill for the oil change, and left unsatisfied as do many other customers I'm sure. CUE system still broke and NO resolution. I refused to pay $2,400 for a problem that Cadillac and GM are aware of. I wanted to sue them and still do.

To make a long story short, I got lucky. I found another Cadillac dealership in the area, a reputable one, that took care of me. While I am still concerned about Cadillac/GM products, at least they restored my faith in now a reputable service department should take care of their customers. Two things I learned from this experience, I won't buy another Cadillac until they fix, or completely replace, the CUE systems, and second, I won't ever return to THOMPSON CADILLAC in Raleigh NC!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I bought my 2013 SRX used at a reputable dealership in August 2016. It had 39,000 miles, one owner, and a clean Carfax. I was in love! During the signing of paperwork, the finance manager asked me about the extended warranty and explained to me that I might want it because it was already used, but my choice of course. I am SOOO glad I took it because it has saved me twice already! In August 2017, I had to extensive work done to the transmission. I was without my car for 2 weeks while that problem was solved. In February 2018, just 6 months later, I was on my way out of town. I pulled out from a stoplight, accelerated to 45 and all "heck" broke loose. I heard a bang and felt like I had run over something. Every light on the instrument panel turned on, I lost power steering, brakes, and the engine was knocking.

I managed to steer it to a median where it completely died on me. I called OnStar, got it towed to the dealership, and waited to hear what was wrong. Four days later, I am told that it "dropped a valve" and I would need a whole new engine. It only has 54,000 miles!!! Is this the kind of shotty product that Cadillac is putting out now? I am beyond frustrated! If it wasn't for the additional warranty that I purchased, I would be without a car because I couldn't afford the cost of a new engine. I do not understand how a company that is supposed to have this great reputation is now putting out vehicles of such poor quality. The customer service with Cadillac is awful as well. You cant get anyone to answer a question in a straightforward way. This was my first and last Cadillac. I love the car, but I cannot have this stress or an unreliable vehicle transporting my family.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased a 2013 Cadillac ATS in 2014 with 11,000 miles on it. I wish I had read about the problems with the Cue system freezing up. I now have that problem, mine is frozen. I called Cadillac and complained about it, case # ** and asked if there was any recalls on this. I spoke to Ashley on 1/17/18 and she said that I should take it to the local dealer to see what the problem is. I told her that I did not want to pay 100.00 for someone to tell me that it needs replacing. Ashley told me that I may get some help from Cadillac to replace the unit. I dropped the car off on 1/25/18 for my 10am appointment, it took all day for the dealer to look at the car and in the end they told me that it needed to be replaced at a cost of 1479.00 and gave me a bill for 143.81.

1/29/18 Spoke to Ashley at Cadillac and told her what transpired and told her I was not happy. Ashley said that she would look into it and get back to me within 72 hours. On 2/6/18 I finally received a call from Ashley at 10:31am at the time I could not talk and that I would call her back in an hour or two. I called back at 12:26pm left message to call me. On 02/7/18 Ashley called back and told me there is nothing they will do for me. I told Ashley that after owning many Cadillacs over the year and that we have two Cadillacs now, that I will never buy another Cadillac.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Bought my 2013 SRX off the showroom floor. Love it, my wife drives it to work and it is garage keep. After 30,000 had to have a new battery. When the warranty ran out in July 2017, the next month the CUE system locked up and the dealer wanted 1400.00 to replace it. Then I argue and beg that I am only two months out of warranty, then they replace it for 325.00. So I did some research and found the company that makes the CUE system (Infotainment) and contacted customer service who gave me a additional warranty on the system til 2022 or 123,000 miles. Now my heated seats do not work, I am a retired GM employee of 36 years and getting disgusted with this car. I drive a 2000 Cadillac STS 97,000 miles six CD changer still works along with the radio and the heated seats are hot. All four.

Updated on 01/09/2018: As stated in my previous review, I purchased this 2013 SRX off the showroom floor. And now after 50,322 miles, garage kept it is falling apart. At 30,000 new battery, 48,000 replace CUE system and now the heated seats do not work.at 50,322 miles. The Cadillac dealer wants 900.00 dollars to fix. The passenger side worked the night before I took it to the dealer (Delaware Cadillac) and now neither works. Initially the service advisor told me 1600.00, but after discussing the problem with GM, they decided to pay 50%. If they are having a problem with the heated seats it should be fully covered. I am not happy as being a GM employee of 36 years. Maybe time for a change.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

The brakes fail without warning. When stepping on the brake pedal it will go to the floor with minimal slowing of the vehicle. The brakes need to be pumped quickly to get any pressure to stop the vehicle. I have 2 SRXs, a 2010 and a 2012, both have exhibited the same problem intermittently. Took both vehicles to St. Claire Cadillac in Santa Clara, California and they cannot find anything wrong with the vehicles. Diagnostics and brake system examination shows no failure. In my 2012 SRX I rear ended another vehicle due to the brake failure. There are multiple failures reported on the web for this same issue, when will Cadillac/GM acknowledge this safety issue? If there are other unsatisfied customers who have experienced the same problem perhaps we can file a class action suit.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I bought a 2012 Cadillac SRX 9/26/2016, it's my first Cadillac and I take pride in all my vehicles. Since having this vehicle, replaced alternator in November 2016 because it went bad (Figure that) $475.00 later. Now I'm taking it to the dealer again for my manual lift-gate because I can't open from outside of vehicle. My mechanic said it's a wiring problem because the rear defroster, rear wipers, license plate light and lift-gate light are not working. He would of fixed this but he doesn't work on very many Cadillacs.

I even called Cadillac and they said it would be under powertrain warranty if it happened in 2016 or under 50,000 miles. I told them I'm under 50,000 miles and I bought 9/2016. They said I would have to bite the bullet and get the electrical looked at. Customer service is below expectations even after finding out that the lift gates have been a problem for this year. It's hard to believe that so many customers have problems and nothing is resolved. The customer doesn't have a open checkbook to fix these problems that should of been a recall in the first place to correct any and all factory issues. Anyways thanks for reading.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Our government should have gone after GM for allowing them to produce an engine that has leaked thousands of gallons of oil on our nation's highways. This engine is an inferior design & GM should have been held responsible. This is a common problem with all GM Northstar oil leaking Engines and there was never a recall. GM never attempted to correct the oil leak problem. When it was new the sticker price on my 1996 Cadillac was approx $45,000. My 1997 Ford Explorer went for approx $23,000 & it doesn't leak a drop of oil. Shame on you General Motors!!!

Not sure about Cadillac?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Cadillac Company Information

www.cadillac.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business