Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
1.88/5

Cadillac

Cadillac is a division of General Motors that manufactures luxury cars. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

375 Cadillac Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a new 2016 Cadillac CTS a bit over a year ago. The car is a damn good looking machine. However, it’s also been falling to pieces like a cheap piece of junk. The leather interior has already started delaminating from the doors, the heater won’t work, the cue system has gone haywire and a multitude of other serious problems for a new car to be having. I’m disappointed that Cadillac’s quality turned out to be so shoddy. However, dealing with Cadillac as a company has been absolutely infuriating.

I have been trying to get them to do the warranty repairs for over six months and they have been absolutely impossible to deal with. They do not stand behind their product. I’ve wanted a Cadillac for a long time and I was really happy the day I bought it but now that I’ve owned one and had to deal with their poor quality control and abysmal customer service I would absolutely warn anyone considering buying a Cadillac not to. Cadillac is a sexy car with some prestige associated with its brand but in reality it’s a poorly made car with one of the worst companies I’ve ever had to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

This is all about the Cadillac CUE system. You will never realize just how integrated into the CUE system these vehicles are until you lose complete use of the CUE system. I purchased a 2015 Cadillac SRX and to be honest it was the only vehicle I'd ever sat in and felt like it was meant to be. I was living in NY State at the time and had a Jeep that I drove most often so the Cadillac get too many miles on it or lots of drive time. However, when driving the Cadillac the CUE system would often lag like a slow computer. I did not drive it often enough to see it as a huge issue and just dealt with it which I now regret. Flash forward three years and I'm moving back to California and I decide I can get rid of my Jeep as I will no longer need said all Terrain vehicle and was excited to be able to drive my Cadillac regularly.

I decided to drive my Cadillac from NY to CA and not long into my cross-country trip did I start to worry about the way the vehicle was functioning. On day number two of my drive the CUE system became unresponsive. I lost the use of navigation and all features linked to the CUE. In doing so I realized just how many of the luxury features we pay for are integrated into said CUE system. In any case my vehicle was under warranty so I made an appointment to have the CUE system repaired. I'd taken my vehicle in before to have the oil change and the customer service was unmatched. Taking my vehicle in to have the CUE was also an amazing experience and the CUE was replaced.

I was nearing the mileage allowed before the warranty expired but I spoke with my Cadillac representative about the issues I'd had with the CUE and explained my concern that my warranty was nearing expiration and wanted to know if this recent CUE replacement had a guarantee or warranty if it happens again. I was told as long as it is within a reasonable amount of time. Flash forward to four months after the CUE system in my Cadillac was replaced and my warranty has expired. The CUE goes black and is stuck on a reboot cycle with the screen constantly trying to turn on. The temperature controls for the vents and seats are controlled through the CUE with a host of other things.

Temperature control stability is kind of important in the winter along with the cameras and again a host of other features safety and technology alike. So I called the closest dealership (45 mins.) and made an appointment for the CUE. I spent the next eight days calling and leaving messages trying to speak with ANY service advisor. Four messages, an online email and no less than 10 calls I could not get a return call. I drove the 45 minutes to my appointment after taking the day off of work because Cadillac does not do service appoints on the weekends and drop offs before 4 pm. I tried to speak with my service advisor but was just told I'd have to pay for it to be fixed or at least be liable for the $180 diagnostic fee. I guess four months was not a reasonable amount of time for Cadillac to guarantee the work done in replacing my CUE system now that I am no longer a valued customer.

I actually had to tweet Cadillac from the dealership just to get a call and was able to open a case for this now recurring issue with who I now know is the customer support warranty group. In any case I sat at the dealership for five hours when my service rep told me that my CUE became non functional due to an update by Cadillac which corrupted my data. I was told that I'd need to bring my car back again because the 45-minute update was taking too long and I'd still be responsible for any work done since I am out of warranty. I asked how it is that I am liable for an update that I did not initiate and how I could prevent Cadillac from pushing future updates to my vehicle that may corrupt my vehicle. I was told that my vehicle is out of warranty and there was nothing I could have done to prevent the update. So, there I was a day off work and five hours at the dealership still with no resolve.

I called and spoke with my case manager and explained that I did not want to take my vehicle back to the same dealership, how I felt that I was no longer a Cadillac customer simply because my warranty expired and my concern that my CUE system was just replaced four months prior by a certified Cadillac service department, and I was concerned that Cadillac will continue to push data to my vehicle that subsequently makes the car features inaccessible forcing me to pay again to have it fixed. The case manager was very nice and understanding after I explained my situation and how after now taking three days off from work over a four-month period to address "car issues" is becoming excessive.

I let her know which dealership I'd like to take my car to which is 1.5 hours away and was told that she'd work between both dealerships and get me into a loaner vehicle if necessary as I'd already taken three days off for a recurring issue. This was on a Thursday and she said she'd call me on Monday to follow up with me in regards to my new appointment at a different Cadillac location. Flash forward to Wednesday and I have not heard from my Cadillac case manager so I followed up with a voicemail. Still, no call back so on Thursday (today) just one day before my new appoint I call the dealership and find they were never contacted by anyone.

I call Cadillac to try and reach my Cadillac case manager and cannot get through again. An hour later I get a call from Cadillac and am told my case manager no longer works there, no notes or anything but my name, vehicle make/model and a case number. I get a new case manager and have to go over it all again. In a nutshell my only option at this point as I am told is to take another day off, drop my vehicle off and if they need to keep it overnight I'll need to get my own rental and I will be responsible for the charges. I paid a lot of money for my vehicle and had no idea that I'd only be able to retain the expensive features I paid for only for the duration of the lease. I had no idea that once a Cadillac lease expires you are no longer considered a customer and Cadillac certified work is not guaranteed.

I'd recommend getting an extended warranty or trading the vehicle in once the warranty expires. My Cadillac is the most expensive vehicle I've owned to date and has been the most problematic. Unfortunately it looks like I will be stuck doing with costly repairs on my Cadillac every few months until I can get rid of this 2015 40K mile Cadillac Lemon. I would be too afraid to buy another Cadillac because when you spend this kind of money you'd never expect to have so many problems with a relatively "young" vehicle. Buyers be aware.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My experience with this car is becoming a nightmare. How could a high priced car have so many problems. I did my oil changes as required and car maintenance and now the engine is gone up. How could this happen, I need help with repairs from General Motors are a total refund for repairs. How do I get in contact with GM for help and answers? Car was bought used in 2015, it only had one owner and I had the Carfax report and service details.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We purchased a 2014 Cadillac SRX and have been very delighted with its ride, performance and overall comfort. One year after we purchased it our rear power liftgate stopped working. I looked online for an answer to this issue and was very disappointed to see that the issue is an ongoing problem with MY 2010-2015 SRXs. I also discovered this issue is far more serious. Apparently there are drain tubes along the top on both sides inside the car. These tubes clog and cause water to instead run off back into the car soaking the front carpets, rear carpets and more importantly the control module for the rear power hatch which is located in the spare tire compartment.

It was easy enough to open the rear hatch manually and also get to the module I understand, I can replace this, however the most disappointing issue overall is that Cadillac is aware of this issue from numerous complaints previously but refuses to step up and both recall and repair this issue. No wonder Cadillac has an overall satisfaction rating of 2 Stars. I would be very interested in joining a class action lawsuit with other SRX owners to force GM to fix this and cover all costs. It could be like the strut issue they are being sued for and someone may have to die before they decide to spend the money to do so!

A month ago the tailgate started coming down on my girlfriend who was reaching in the back for something. Had she not noticed and got out of the path of the door this could have turned out a much worse story. I now realize this was the beginning of the circuit board deterioration as it quit just a month or so later. This issue obviously also hurts any resale value we had which was also an important part of our decision in purchasing the SRX. Anyone reading this that may have any info on a possible lawsuit please feel free to advise us so we may jump in. I am beginning to understand why American products are losing to our foreign competition. GM, the right thing to do is to step up for the Americans that you are supposed to represent and that put you on the map to start with, so admit this default, recall and repair this issue for us all at your expense and let us get on with our lives. Otherwise, I will never purchase another GM product again!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My 2015 CTS had the Que radio go out 6 months ago. It went out again 2 weeks ago. Today they (it was on back order) replaced the radio. To my dismay as I leave the dealership and start driving I notice the display went out again. I called the service advisor and he’s trying to tell me that something is interfering w/ the power of the car. He says it had to be my radar detector. What a bunch of crap. He also said bring it in but if the radio is out again they will not replace it. What kinda crap is that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have had the same issues as all other owners with the CUE screen freezing up, as you run out of the warranty. Starts off as a small area won't work and then all of a sudden the screen is frozen and nothing you touch on it responds. Hard reset doesn't work and so on. GM knows about the issue and will not issue any recalls on them. Cadillac owners are left to fend for themselves, and costly bills to rectify the issue.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My 2015 Cadillac CTS CUE touchscreen freezes up (no response), blinks on and off and needs to be repaired. I see hundreds of people have this same problem. GM needs to address this problem with a recall. I see the CUE system is no longer produced (go figure). I plan to address this issue with MANY social media sites to force GM to listen to those of us who have this issue.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

On October 22, 2018, the "CUE" system on my 2016 Cadillac SRX, serial #3GYFNCE35GS548248 malfunctioned. The car had approximately 30,000 miles on it when I took it in to Myrtle Beach Chevrolet-Cadillac, in Myrtle Beach, SC, for repair. After they began the repair, they observed that I had drilled a hole in the rear of the storage compartment which is below the "CUE" screen & informed me that warranty would not cover the repair because I had altered the unit. They were very nice, and I am aware they have rules to go by, but this hole touched no wire or circuit board. The malfunction was not due to the hole I drilled in no way, but it was a defect in the "CUE" unit. There are forums all over the internet discussing the problems that Cadillac is having with the "CUE" system.

On October 22, 2018, I contacted Cadillac Customer Service and talked to Shenevia, who set up case **. She told me she would be back in touch with me in seven days with a decision. She called back approximately ever seven days, telling me a decision had not been made, and on November 15, 2018, she called and told me that Cadillac had denied the claim. I do not agree with their decision & I do not think it was a fair & honest, because the hole I drilled had nothing to do with the malfunction of the "CUE" system. It is common knowledge that the "CUE" system has been a problem since day one! If I had drilled into a wire or circuit board, I would not be writing this letter. I could understand if Cadillac had paid for the repair, but billed me "Core Charge", but I feel it is not an "HONEST" decision for the claim to be denied. Cadillac is using a small technicality to avoid paying for their mistakes!

I have been a GM person all my life and always respected their reputation, but this case makes me wonder. I owned a Chevrolet Dealership in North Myrtle Beach, SC from 1981 until 1991 & presently own a 2017 Corvette, 2014 Cadillac CTS, and a 2016 Cadillac SRX, and I am aware that my business is like a "Pea" in the ocean! Sometimes "COMMON SENSE" should be an exception to rule! I would really appreciate you reviewing my case again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The 2015 Cadillac is nothing but a hot mess!! I've dealt with headlights so dim I could not see to drive at night. After four tries, Cadillac Service finally figured out a fix. There were transmission issues: the car would hesitate when giving it the gas from a stopped or slowed position to the point it jerked you back in your seat. The battery completely died at 30,000 miles. The lift gate motor died at 32,000 miles because water from the sunroof drainage tubes literally soaked the motor, ($1800 fix). So, take my advice and just run as far away from this car as you can.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Love my car but hate the radio or cue system. From the first year we bought this car the screen on the radio would freeze up. But after a day or so it would be ok again. Not sure why it would work again but happy it was working. Then this past month it froze up and we have tried everything to fix it. Just called the local Cadillac dealer and they said it is common but my warranty is out and it could cost anywhere between 1500.00-2200.00, yikes!!! There should be a recall on this radio system because I have read many reviews this past month while trying to figure out why mine wasn't working.

Cadillac Company Information