Nissan Altima

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought my 2013 Nissan Altima SV about three years ago. It has been regularly maintained. My mileage is near 80,000 miles and my transmission has went out. Now normally I would say it can happen to anyone, but guess what it's happened to many, many people. Read any forum about Nissan and you will see their CVT transmissions have been faulty since at least 2010. I am so disappointed and am at a loss. I called customer service for two weeks straight. I kept getting transferred and even been hung up on my regional manager named Lisa from Chicago area. They declined any assistance on a $4000 fix even after the fact it has a recall on the transmission. They told me the recall has nothing to do with why it's broke... how would they know????

Clearly with many people having the same problem at low miles even way lower than my mileage indicates a flaw in their design. I am so, so disappointed. I don't know what to do. I can wipe my savings and buy new transmission but if I do that who's to say this won't go out soon. I have read many reviews where the second transmission has went out as well!!!! Don't ever buy a Nissan!

My tranny had problems with whining at 119k just under the warranty cut off. Took it to dealer and they put a new valve body on instead of replacing transmission. Was told I only needed that part even though I knew the CVT was trash from all the reviews and complaints I found online and I demanded a new transmission. Well 5 months later I had a new noise coming from transmission. This time bad bearings. Need a new transmission now, $4054 for fix. Took it back thinking even though I'm over the 120,000 mile warranty that I'd be ok because I experienced problems before. Oh boy was I wrong!!! They refuse to help me at all.

Called Nissan Consumer and that was a waste of time. Don't bother!!! Very rude and could care less that I'm a single mother with No car now. She even had the nerve to tell me there is no record of Maintenance being performed. Well I bought the car at 95k miles and have done tires and oil changes on time. I never heard anything about Maintenance when I took it in the first time for repairs under warranty. DO NOT BUY FROM NISSAN PEOPLE!!!

I am the owner of a 2013 Nissan Altima Coupe. My vehicle only has 55k miles and one morning I noticed that the steering suddenly was very tight when trying to turn out of my driveway. I took the vehicle to my local Firestone to diagnose the problem. They kept the car overnight trying to figure out what the problem was. The next day they informed me that it was an issue with my power steering and I should take it the dealer on Monday as they should fix it under warranty. I took my vehicle to the dealer who later told me that my steering rack was "bad" and it was going to cost me $2,300.00 to replace and it was not covered under my power train warranty. My father is a mechanic but lives in another state and I called him to discuss this issue before authorizing any repairs to my vehicle. He informed me that this is not a common problem on a vehicle that only has 55k miles on it.

When I picked up my car from the dealer that afternoon I asked for some details of what was wrong with my rack since Firestone has specifically told me there were no leaks in it and they were a little confused themselves about what the exact issue was. The answer I got from the dealer was "it's just bad and sometimes things happen". The person I was dealing with was clearly new and could offer no information other than what the mechanic's note listed on the invoice stating my rack was "bad". I paid them the $155.00 it cost me for the diagnostics they ran and I left with my vehicle.

I then did some research and consulted with multiple mechanics regarding the issue and all informed me this was a default with Nissan and this problem should not have occurred with a vehicle with this many miles. I was also informed that the power steering system has been a problem for the 2013 models but because no one has been hurt due to the defect Nissan has not issued a recall. Unfortunately I am stuck with this vehicle and I am still paying the car note on it. I luckily found a mechanic that will replace the part and is only charging me $300.00 for labor as opposed to the $800.00 in labor quoted by the dealer. I have always been a loyal Nissan customer but will Never purchase another one after this experience.

I bought a 2009 Nissan Altima slightly over a year ago. Had less than 40K miles on it when I bought it, and was always maintained by previous owners. I went out to start my car a couple weeks ago after work, only to find that it wouldn't. Not even an attempt. My FOB would unlock, lock my car. The interior lights came on strong...but it wouldn't recognize my key in order to start the vehicle. Meanwhile, snow and ice was falling, it was dark, and I was without transportation. Tow trucks had an estimated several hour turnaround time to get me towed to places that were shutdown over the weekend which did me no good. Getting a ride home from a coworker, I did some research and found all signs pointing to my ESCL having broken. I called Nissan and was told it'd be roughly $1100 to get me running again. It was no longer covered under warranty, but was a known problem for many, many years. This has been reported by thousands of Nissan owners.

My car has less than 50K miles on it. And this is unacceptable. Not having $1100 readily available (hence, having bought a used car from Carvana, which does a very thorough diagnostic on all cars sold through them), I found some workaround involving banging on the ESCL with a hammer until it starts, and then pulling the fuse for that part. And it worked. Car started up, and has started up ever since, but I have no steering column lock now. I'm still worried that it will fail at some point in the future and leave me stranded once again. But that part, it's still broken, and is a fail safe for starting the car should it fail again. Shame on Nissan for allowing this to be put in their cars, and for not issuing a full recall for it. Having owned multiple Nissans, this was my last straw with them and unless they repair it at their cost, I'll never own another Nissan again.

So for anyone out there looking to buy a new Nissan Altima... DON'T. Bought a 2013 new. Have had multiple problems including interior, exterior, all rims and front grill replaced due to peeling, window fixed with new motor and regulator, 2 hood latches, passenger air bag, new brakes and rotors at 35,000 miles (Nissan says this is wear and tear...), strut, and now a transmission before 45,000 miles! 3 engine oil cooler! Can we say LEMON! Nothing for all the time lost back and forth for repairs and complaints, plus a half day's pay I'm out when the car kept quitting on me and had to be towed back to the dealership!

I will go into the negative probably with my next trade but I will never give Nissan another penny! I hate you Nissan idiots who designed and made the CVT transmission! Feel a little defeated right now! But please be sure to pass this along, and look at Nissan reviews before you buy one. Nissan will not buy back or compensate, they say "I am not in any danger". I bet if it was them or their family they would still not be in this situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs to alert them to two problems with my vehicle that are not covered by the extended warranty I purchased. The first which is the worst issue is my dashboard is melting. Because of this, it is extremely difficult to see through the reflection off the windshield during the day or when at night when lights shine through. The second is the clear coat on the roof and hood of the car is peeling off. This car has been well maintained and should not have either of these defects at only 5 years old. Nissan is refusing to accept any responsibility in the poor quality materials they have manufactured into this vehicle. It is my belief Nissan should take responsibility not only is one of my complaints dangerous but both of them have impacted the resale value of this car. All consumers should be aware of Nissan's lack of commitment to their customers and lack of responsibility to their products.

We purchased the 2013 Nissan Altima from Baxter dealership in Omaha, NE in 2016. 12/23/16 the transmission went out and was taken to Auto Nation Nissan Brandon Florida dealership. Initially we were told by the adviser, Paul, assigned to us, it was under a 8yr/80,000 warranty and replacement value of 100% for a new transmission. After the technician looked at the vehicle, we received a call from Paul, stating we are not under warranty. He said the warranty is 5/60. This was a HUGE mistake. Now he tells us we have to pay for the entire cost of $4168.76 for a new transmission. This is unacceptable. There is no way a vehicle should need an entirely new transmission at this stage of its life, 2013 with 75,497 mi.

We also own a 2011 Honda with 135,000 miles and we have NEVER had to deal with any major issues. NEVER. That's double the miles and 2 years older! We are working with the Service manager of the Brandon location, who is contacting Nissan for assistance. We are sickened of this inconvenience and setback this has caused our family. We are not prepared to pay such a high cost and not have a drivable vehicle to get to a job to pay for this. It's just unbelievable and unacceptable. It's urgent and undeniable that we have assistance from Nissan to rectify this situation. We counted on Nissan when we purchased this vehicle and would appreciate their understanding and positive outcome of this situation.

I bought my first car, I was 28 yrs old, brand new off the lot. It was a 2009 Nissan Altima. I just paid the car off last year and felt so good to own something! Well sad to say today 130k and it's basically dead. The transmission has gone for the second time, the first time warranty covered it. However I had to take it into dealer 3-4 times telling them about it and they refused until finally I wouldn't leave until they agreed to replace. I also had the head gasket replaced under warranty and under my own expense the ad compressor ($900) which shouldn't go out on cars that often.

Now this weekend the transmission went out again at 130k. I'm so over the car. I don't even know it's worth fixing. From what I can tell it will not be covered. Though the last transmission was put in 3 yrs ago.:( I will try and call Nissan North America and get some help but they have been closed for holiday weekend. In mean time we barely got to side of freeway when it went out and we're stuck there over an hour waiting for tow. Now I'm carless and can't get to work. So upset at this piece of junk car that I paid faithfully on the last 6 years. :(

We purchased a 2011 Nissan Altima for our son with 54,000 miles on it 18 months ago. We purchased the extended warranty for $3400 because we wanted him to have a reliable car that would be covered through college. The car caught fire and threw a rod. Even though the entire engine and all parts were completely covered under warranty, Nissan's warranty department refused to cover it since we didn't have a receipt from our last oil change that we did at home. My son had only put 9,000 miles on it in the last 18 months since we purchased it. We had to use our insurance and they totaled the car out. We still owed on the car and the amount they were giving us would not pay off the loan.

We called Nissan Consumer Affairs because "the Nissan Warranty department does not interface or speak with customers," and we're informed that even though we never used our warranty and had only had the car for 9,000 miles they would only refund 50% of what we paid for the warranty. When the warranty department refused to honor its warranty contract we could not even speak with them because they do not speak with customers. Nissan Consumer Affairs is also a joke. They don't care and they don't do anything. I would never buy another Nissan and definitely do not ever get the extended warranty from Nissan.

I'm so over Nissan. I can't even begin to formulate my frustration into words, but I will try. Ever since I purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima I've had nothing stress and headaches. The car has not broken down on me, but I know that there is a problem because when I accelerate on the gas there's a vibration throughout the car. It's loud and sometimes it feels as though the car does not want to accelerate. On top of that there's a humming sound that will not go away and the car jerks a lot. When I try to drive at a constant speed of 20-30 mph there is a constant vibration and it sounds horrible! The dealership where I bought the car from is named Car Vision. DO NOT GO THERE TO PURCHASE A CAR! All they will do is basic maintenance and send you to the manufacturer to have your car serviced for major repairs like they did with me.

When I bought the car it had less than 25,000 miles and now it has a little over 25,000 miles. I took the car to a certified Nissan dealer on Essington avenue in Philly and he told that's the way the car should sound and was very impolite in regards to my concerns about the car. Later I decided to take it to Ardmore Nissan to be service and all they are telling me is that nothing bad is coming back from the codes, so the car is fine. They hear the sound, but there's nothing they can do about it.

So I guess they're waiting the transmission to go and I will not have any transportation to get around in. I've only had this car for a month (10/4/16-11/10/16) and I thought that I was getting a good deal. I thought Nissan was great running car. I had to take my car to MIDAS, just so they could diagnose what was actually wrong with the car. I've seen several reviews from other Nissan owners experiencing the same complication, such a huge mistake buying a Nissan once again.

I own a 2014 Nisan Altima and the problem I have is that when I drive around the city and I stop constantly the car wouldn't accelerate. The RPM would jump up but the car would not move. I would have to stop and turn the car off and then turn the car back on and the problem stop for a while but if I continue driving it the car would continue with the same problem. I don't know what to do. Can someone tell me how can I get this resolved?

I purchased my Altima in June 2015 from Enterprise Car Sales, and it had 34,000 miles. A year and 3 months later (September 2016) I am having fuel pump and transmission problems. The car has 54000 miles. I call Nissan because I see that that they had a recall on this model's transmission and request assistance with fixing this problem, because it will cost me at least $3500 to fix a car I have had for only a year, and I was keeping up with the regular maintenance on through Nissan Dealership and now I am without a vehicle and about to be out of money to fix this problem which is obviously a Nissan issue. But I digress. Nissan states that the recall on the transmission was VIN# specific and is not applicable to me. I am livid and want nothing to do with Nissan and its deplorable customer service.

To spend what I consider a decent amount of money, my hard earned money, on your undependable product/vehicle is shameful and now a company/product that I once considered reputable is now synonymous with trash to me. (I previously owned a 89 & 92 Nissan Sentra and those were good cars.) However, it appears Nissan has become comfortable with cutting corners, and are equally as comfortable with passing the ramifications of a poor quality car off to the consumer. Again shameful. I discourage anyone from purchasing this car new or used. I encourage consumers to do research before purchasing a Nissan. I wish I had.

We recently purchased a used 2014 Nissan Altima. It only had 24k miles and in great condition. However, after one month of owning her and driving, the transmission decided to not accelerate and leaving me and expensive clients on the freeway dropping to 25mph. Whatever is wrong with these cars needs to be recalled and pulled off the road. And also have had a problem with the cotter pin continually loosening and there is a vibration and hesitation at times when accelerating. Poorly made and definitely a road hazard.

I am currently going through the process of contacting Nissan Consumer Affairs about Nissan's rejection of services. I have a 2014 Nissan which I got in July of 2014 with 4000 miles on it. It was previously owned by the the dealership's owner. The car began to have hesitancy issues at stop lights and stop signs but I thought it was me. The car's RPMs would soar up and the car wouldn't budge an inch. I would stop and restart the car after a few min. As it would happen sporadically, I began to fear for my safety so I took the car to Kelly Nissan on 95th in Oak Lawn and the dealership where I bought it, Star Nissan on Touhy. It took them a week apart at 57000 miles. Both dealerships gave the verbatim response that because the issue was non replicable they could not assist me in any way. The dealerships both wanted to charge me for "services" like verifying the issue.

The issue persisted until it finally happened again and the check engine light came on. Was able to drive the car to an AutoZone where they ran the codes on the car and told me the transmission was gone. Called Nissan Consumer Affairs and informed them of my two documented cases of bringing the car in for evaluation. They just contacted me, while I write this, asking me to take it to a dealership for evaluation. Will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

2013 Nissan Altima: My battery cracked and ate through the terminal contacts/wires. Replacing everything now for $255. Found out by accident. I came to the dealership to replace the handle on the front driver-side door. I would count that as a fluke, but the handle on the passenger-side front door has already been replaced. Coincidence? Problem with door latch mechanism. I've already replaced a tire pressure sensor. We have been a Nissan family.

I have had my car for 1 year now. I started having issues for over a month where it makes a rattling, shaking noise on the right hand side in the morning and it would go away after it got warmed up. I took it to the dealer (Hooman Nissan of Long Beach) the 1st time, they couldn't find the noise but my battery needed to be replaced because it failed a battery test. The noise was still there I took it in 10/4/16, they kept it overnight 10/5/16. They said it was the strut, they changed it.

I picked up the next day, 10/6. I picked it up in the morning and drive off the noise was still there went back 10 min after took my concerns to Service Department Manager. they kept it again. I got a call on 10/8/16, was told that it was ready they said it was the right side wheel bearing. Ok, took it for a drive with a tech, it was fine. The next morning, noise was still there. I called Hooman Nissan of Long Beach on Monday 10/10/16 so frustrated, overwhelmed. I felt I was not being heard and they were just guessing what the issue was. I was told to call Nissan of North America, called same day, 10/10/16. They started a case for me, got a 1 missed call from them on 10/11/16. Had a voicemail that a case was open and will get a call back until Friday to review my case. I tried calling, could not wait until Friday, emailed the guy. Nothing...

Got a call Friday, 10/14/16, that he reviewed my case and will talk to a service specialist to schedule something. I informed him the noise was more often and that I worked and it would need to be early morning or when I am off he said that he will let the service specialist know because they only work Mon-Fri and will call me back next week, Tuesday, 10/18/16, more waiting, got a call that the technician is available on Thursday, 10/27/16, at 10am. I told him it would have to be earlier or on my Friday off. I have missed so many days from work and I can't request any more time off and again told him the noise is in the morning the car would need to be there the day prior. He said he will let the technician know and will call me Friday this week to let me know.

I am so overwhelmed and stressed out with this situation that I don't know what to do no more. It's like they don't want to work with me. My main concern is my safety and my children's safety because I drop off my kids to school and I don't know if it's even safe for me to drive it like that I'm so overwhelmed. I work so hard to pay my car and it has this big issue that I have to be worried about every morning hoping and praying everything will be fine. But it's a big concern to them because they are taking their time with my case and they guy said he doesn't know if it's safe because he is not a technician. I just want to be helped and have my car get the attention it needs as soon as possible.

Beware - I have a 2012 Nissan Altima with 85,XXX miles and the transmission has failed. No assistance from Nissan, even though it is common with this car (as you can see online). If you must purchase this car, buy the extended warranty. Better yet, purchase something else.

My 2014 Altima Nissan started stalling at stop signs and red lights about one month ago. I took it in to Nissan dealership and they can't find the problem. They keep insisting that we take it back, I keep refusing, as the last time it stalled I had my 5 year old in the back seat. Nissan is putting their customers and families in danger. They've had my car for one month but have not identified the problem. My husband took the car for a drive with the service manager two weeks ago and the car stalled, so they have witnessed the issue, but because they can't get it to replicate in the shop, they say they can't find the problem. Now want to send us home with the car and the diagnostic computer so when it stalls again, we are to plug the computer in the car so it can catch the problem in action. They also handed over a bill of $800, though nothing was fixed. Unacceptable! I will be fighting this with Nissan's head office and will seek legal counsel if needed.

Nissan settled a class action lawsuit against them for similar problems with their Infiniti's and Pathfinders, here's the link: **. We have decided that we will be trading in the car, my concern for my family's safety and other innocent people's safety has given me no choice. I am so disappointed in Nissan. I was told they were an ethical company and their cars were very reliable, now I know both statements are false.

I have been purchasing Nissans since 2002 and usually upgrade every 3 years after warranty runs out. They have gotten cheaper each time! The 2010 was an absolute lemon, so I upgraded to the 2013 which hasn't been much better. My 3 year old car needs more new tires, front and rear brakes, another new battery AND a compressor since I have no a/c (and live in AZ). ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I stopped taking my cars to ANY of the dealerships for service or even oil changes because each time it would come back with something else broken or not working.

The service depts at each of the dealerships I've been to all have the same problem... RUDE service techs that aren't interested in giving you the time of day. You walk in and just stand there and not a single one acknowledges you... and I'm a decent looking blonde woman. Go figure! Now I'm worried the transmission will be the next thing to go and I'll be stuck with the car. Time to switch to TOYOTA!

I have a 2014 Nissan Altima who car transmission went out on me while driving with my 3 kids in the car. Nissan knows the cut transmission is an issue and won't do anything about it. Is anyone interested in joining me in a class action lawsuit against them?

I have owned my 2013 Nissan Altima for 2 years almost to the day. I also purchased the extended warranty good until 5 years/84,000 miles. I drive 55 miles one way to work. My car has approx 92,000 miles on it. About 2 weeks ago I was driving through my town and the car kept stalling out when I would come to a stop light, but I was able to restart and move on. I thought that maybe I either had a bad load of gas or that I had been running the air conditioner too much. I promptly took it to a mechanic that I had used for oil changes and minor work. They diagnosed it as a transmission problem and wanted to replace the transmission. They charged me $148 for diagnosis.

I wanted a second opinion so I took it to a mechanic that came highly recommended. He had the car for 2.5 days and stated that he couldn't definitively point to a transmission problem. He did say that the battery was bad and replaced that. I was charged for the battery and $40 for diagnosis. I drove it home. The next day it started stalling on me again while I was driving up my street on my way to work. When I returned from work, it stalled again on the highway. That evening it stalled and bucked while I was at slow speeds. The RPM's were racing but it had no power. I reported this to the second mechanic. I also called Nissan who gave me a reference number and suggested that if the car continued with the problems, to take it to the dealership.

I did take it that evening and parked it. I received a diagnosis of "bad transmission" and was given an estimate of $4200+ tax. I was told that since my extended warranty ran out that I would be responsible for the payment in total. I see that others have had issues with their Nissan Altima's 2010 & earlier (these had been covered and warranties extended to 120,000 miles). I was told that my year has "a different model" of transmission. However this transmission obviously has issues too.

Purchase a brand new 2015 Nissan Altima. A month after purchasing my Altima, noticed VIBRATION of steering wheel, side armrest, breaking pedal. Took to the dealer (Mossy Nissan, San Diego). I was told to keep driving the car. Car need to get used to it and eventually will go away. Really, it was all bunch of **! The vibration got much worst. The all car vibrates now. Went back to the dealership about the vibration... They told me that it is the character of the Altima and the CVT transmission.

Went back to the dealer again with another problem: the gas tank is defective. LOUD NOISES IN the GAS TANK! Gas sloshing/clonking, while driving, turning on corners, stopping, reversing or going over a bump. Nissan and the dealership has SAID NO to fix or replace the gas tank. I guess Nissan has not used Baffles inside the tank. I am stressed and panicky. I think it's very dangerous having gas sloshing in the gas tank. Why do I need to live with those problem, after spending $24,000.00 on a new Altima?

I bought this car with 0 miles and before one thousand miles started giving problems such as the alternator. Which had to be replace. The passenger airbag. Knocking noises to the back and under the car. My speakers sound horrible. And many more problems. I made a claim with NMAC Nissan corp. They didn't want to help me and said everything was normal. All I want to say is I threw away 36 thousand dollars on buying this junk.

I bought 2013 Nissan Altima in 2015 with roughly 47,000 miles and currently has 70,189 miles. Vehicle had no prior issues other than routine maintenance but it turned out new transmission was needed when I took the car into Nissan dealer when car started to shudder and vibrate when coming to stop or moving in low speed.

After diagnosis, I was astounded when dealer told me I needed new transmission because the internal mechanism was locked and whole new transmission was needed. The cost to replace the transmission was more absurd when they told me it would cost $4,315. I opened the case with Nissan Consumer Affairs but the rep who handled my case pretty much said I was out of luck because the powertrain warranty had already expired.

I could not help notice number of people complaining about the same issue with their 2013 Altima. Nissan had recall on their 2003-2010 Altimas for transmission issue and I don't think this issue is resolved since so many people are still complaining. Given 2013 model is fairly new and still in its early year for transmission problem but expect complaints will pile as years progresses. Nissan has either flaw or defective transmission from the manufacturing and they need to address it or consumers end up paying the price, a hefty price.

I bought a 2008 Nissan Altima and 3 months later my transmission broke down and I paid a mechanic to try to fix it and months later I received a mail after my warranty was done stating that I had a warranty on my transmission that was finishing up at 120,000 miles which I never knew I had and when I received the mail my car was already over 120,900 and I called consumer affairs and they didn't care and said that my warranty is up and there's nothing they can do. Customer service was horrible and if they continue at this rate, there will be no one buying Nissans. The car is broke down and it was just a waste of money and will never buy a Nissan again.

I purchased my Nissan Altima in 2009. I too had my air go out too, like others I see in these reviews. My main issues is the seal coat issues. My car is completely oxidized and they are telling me it is the environment. I am hoping that other people throughout the country come forward if they are experiencing this same issue. If we all come forward they will have to do a recall and repaint out cars. The seal coat is the issue, not the environment. If that was the case, all of my vehicles would have oxidized. This company does not stand by their products and are not willing to help the consumer at all! Shame on you Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Nissan.

I have been a loyal Nissan customer since 2000. I bought a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL; currently has 98000 miles and the CVT transmission failed. The car just died on the road. It jerked and vibrated a couple of times and then just died. Towed it to the dealership, and after $125 for diagnostics fee, they found metal pieces in the fluid. They mentioned that this is not the first time they have seen this, and it is nothing that you did wrong and there was plenty of fluid in the trans so it should have never happened. The total cost came out to be $4200.

A year and a half ago I bought a Nissan Altima SL from Carmax. About 7 months after I noticed a high pitched whine coming from the transmission. I didn't think much of it until I tried to go uphill. The car wouldn't go over 15 miles hour up the hill. I took the car to Carmax and they said the transmission needed replacing. But I was still under warranty with Carmax shop. I only paid 200 out of pocket. On June 8th I noticed the same sound coming from under the car, so I went back to the shop. They got the 2600 dollar transmission for free but I had to Pay almost 1800 for labor. I was driving last night and guess what? Yup, there is the sound again. 12k warranty on the new transmission. These were brand new transmissions, not used. But I am at 14k because I drive Uber. Let's see what happens.

I brought my vehicle to the dealership because the rear door won't open. The vehicle is 4 months out of warranty and I have been told that I have to pay for the defective door. I was told that there something inside the door has to be repaired or replaced. Since this isn't an issue that would be caused due to normal wear and tear, driving conditions, etc. I was rather upset that I would have to pay for this. This is clearly a manufacturer defect and, therefore, I want them to incur the cost of repair. It's upsetting that my Nissan dealer won't "simply" do the right thing but they have refused and told me that since it is my car I am responsible.

They lie about their gas mileage claims. I have read multiple reviews online about different models that don't get anywhere near the stated MPG. I noticed this same thing when I got my vehicle 3 years ago and I took the car to the dealer to find out what the problem was. I was told that it was most likely due to the "way I drive the car." While that answer seemed ridiculous I let it go since I didn't think there was anything I could do. Now that I have been reading online about other people this has happened to I have realized that it's time for Nissan owners to file a lawsuit against Nissan. Mitsubishi and Honda owners have already won and settled claims with those manufacturers and I believe it is "more than obvious" that Nissan has also intentionally made false statements regarding gas mileage about their vehicles.

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima. Got it 2 years ago and since then 2 door handles have broken and now they're saying my gear shift needs replacing! Both of these issues seem to be a bad problem with these cars. I love my car but these issues need to be fixed by Nissan and not the consumer since it's a problem with manufacturing. Send a recall out Nissan for replacement on both issues!!!

Nissan Altima Company Profile