Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Nissan Altima

The Nissan Altima is a mid-size car. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

838 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I haven't even had my car for 5 years nor is it paid off. I took my car to a dealership and the total price to fix everything is 3300. CVT problems with the vehicle along with other transmission problems. I have filed a complaint with the consumers and the news has offered to do a story on my case. This is my second time paying for the same issue. I haven't had the vehicle long and yes it was bought from a dealership. Not only that the dealership failed to acknowledge my warrant on the vehicle. Today I was told from the Nissan dealership in Colorado that they would not service my car all this information we have on tape. It is a shame that US Military members and customers can't get good service and cars.

Original review: July 30, 2019

My 2013 Altima with 52,000 miles has a failing CVT transmission. Unbelievable at this amount of miles my transmission is giving up. Not a happy customer. Will never buy another Nissan and I am also telling everybody I know about this. Horrible Quality for a Japanese car company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2019

2016 Nissan Altima. Bought Nissan Altima late 2015. Replaced transmission April 2017 at 64000, miles. Now it is 7/2019 and second transmission just went. Very disappointed in Nissan and will never buy another one. Also don’t buy extended warranty from CARCHEX, they will replace transmission with a used one that already has 60,000 mile on it. I am afraid to drive the repaired car, expect the “new” transmission to last about 4,000 miles.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I owned brand new 2014 Nissan Altima for about a little more than 5 years, bought in 2013 September. In 5 years and few months transmission failed on me on highway. Transmission failed few months after expiration of manufacturer warranty. Did not get support from Nissan. And, I ended up selling car on highway and driving rental back home, all on my own expense. All the time, I owned this vehicle I got nothing but problems and dissatisfaction. I raised my complaints to Nissan and never received a support. I have disowned the car and brand. I will never ever own Nissan product and ensure no one in friends and family buys it to avoid them from being victim. I have also read reviews from other people on CVT issues, mechanical and electronic failure.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have a 2015 Nissan. The car can no longer be driven at night. The headlight Assembly's reflective material no longer projects light and you can't see 20 feet at night. It is plain dangerous. Nissan knows they have a major problem (it's all over the internet) and they basically told me they would need $185 to diagnose the problem. A five year old can determine the problem as you can stand in front of it at night and stare into the headlights and not even be fazed. I reported it to the NHTSA so we will see where it goes. Apparently someone will have to be maimed or killed before Nissan acknowledges the issue. Never again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Altima?

Original review: July 17, 2019

I purchased my 2015 Altima with zero miles in February 2015. Today, 4 years later, I am being told at the dealership that my AC compressor is defective and must be replaced. This vehicle is only 4 years old, and an AC compressor should not go bad in a vehicle this old. This is a $1400 fix at Nissan. I am extremely disappointed with the quality of Nissan parts. I refuse to repair my vehicle with Nissan due to the simple fact that I do not want another Nissan AC compressor in my vehicle. I will not be purchasing or recommending Nissan to my friends and family for the future. My car is at 63,000 miles and it is unfortunate that I am having to do such extremely expensive repairs on this vehicle at this point in time.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Last 5 years bought two Nissan vehicles both brand new. First 2014 Rogue transmission failed 64000 miles and I had to buy a new transmission for 3000.00 dollars. Bought a 2017 Nissan Altima, owned it for a year and 5 months drove 30200 miles and my transmission failed again. Now they are rebuilding it. Nissan quality and reliability is not good. I have lost faith in Nissan’s ability to build a good quality car. Not sure my car will even last for the life of my 5 year auto loan.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Went to Nissan dealership in Vestal NY for exhaust leak. Found out that my manifold has a crack under heat shield again. Mind you I replace my manifold in 2016 due to a crack! It’s a 900.00 part. Then they tell me I need a front pipe also which is 900.00 and that’s why my manifold cracked again because there shows impact damage to front pipe. Went to 2 other garages for their opinions and front pipe has no impact damage!!! Called Nissan customer service to make a complaint and what a joke!!! All they could basically tell me is my car is too old (2008) and they can’t help with anything!!! Manifold needs to be a recall. It’s all over with complaints! Thanks Nissan for your lies and no help. I’ll never buy another Nissan.

Resolution response: June 20, 2019

I had recently written a review about the cvt transmission. My car was 10,000 over the warranty, and it wasn't covered. I was prepared for a serious argument with them. I heard back from Nissan today, they are offering to cover 90% of the repairs. I was very surprised to get that offer without a fight! I just wanted to let you know that in the end, the experience I had with the problem resolve was great!!! Thank you Nissan for standing by your product!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I purchased my second Nissan Altima brand new two years ago. I purchased it because I had a 2014 with high mileage, but it had worked wonderful. I get this second car no issues, then two days ago I am at a stop light, when light turns green I hit the gas and the car does nothing. Then it gradually starts rolling, and kicks into gear. I parked the car and had it towed. It's the CVT transmission. My car is out of warranty by 10k. A new transmission will run me $4100. They only guarantee the new one for 12000 miles. Do some research on Nissans CVT transmission before you buy one! These transmissions have had issues for years. I wanted to get this out there and hopefully help someone avoid owing three more years of payments, for a car that is just going to sit in the driveway.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I bought a 2018 Altima in April of last year, the third Nissan I have bought. Obviously loved the brand until now! I have had trouble out of my transmission for the last 3 months where it literally loses power and has decreased acceleration in traffic! This vehicle is so dangerous I am terrified of driving. Nissan consumer affairs sent a regional inspector after I had it at the dealership 4 times. Still cannot duplicate issue so they refuse to do anything!! Nissan knows there are issues with the transmissions and the vehicles are dangerous but they don’t care! From a previously loyal buyer do not buy Nissan!!

Nissan Altima Company Information