Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Nissan Altima is a mid-size car. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Nissan Altima Reviews

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I LOVE the size, just right for a small family. It is easy to maintain and it turns on a dime. It is very good on gas, it has get up and go too. Only two things I wish it had: a day time head light switch and had less curvature in the windshield.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Bought this car for my son, and he loves it. The only problem I see is we have already had a transmission issue at only 40k miles. It was taken care of under warranty. Although the warranty was up so maybe an issue with that module that had to be replaced.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Car has performed excellently. I have 60,000 miles on it now and have had no issues at all. It’s comfortable, including the back seat and with plenty of space in the trunk. I owned a Sentra prior to the Altima and have been more than satisfied with both. Service at my dealership is great as well.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The Altima has outperformed our Hondas in fuel economy. Never thought it was possible. Amazingly responsive for a smaller engine. Very spacious inside and a comfortable ride! Nissan seems to be addressing the CVT issues and is extending warranties to cover any issues that may come up. Great car.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We bought the Nissan Altima in 2006, since then we're very happy with the Car, very reliable, no problems at all, over the years just some wear and tear, changing oil, tires and a new motor for the passenger side window, that's it in 13 years, very low cost, we can recommend this car, single or family friendly, I would buy this car again, just in the upgrade version, Thank you Nissan for a safe car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Altima?

Original review: March 17, 2020

I was very disappointed in the customer service provided by Nissan USA. I have a 2015 Altima with only 75000 miles that had a transmission go bad due to a problem they knew about. They refused to help.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased a 2 year used Nissan Altima. Followed all maintenance needs. Found out there was a class action due to premature failure of the CVT transmission; however my newer model year 2014 was not part of the remedies provided. Incorrectly assumed some change made for the newer model years to not require inclusion. But it failed this year at only 85k miles. No recourse and dealer repair estimate of $3500.... Stay away from these cars. Imagine there will be another class action soon as these again begin to fail in large numbers.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Do not buy a Nissan. They are suspect to CVT failures and Nissan does not support their products. I have an Altima with this issue and Nissan will not cover a penny and is allowing me to drive around in an unsafe vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima in November 2016. At first I loved the car! I thought it was perfect in the one for me. But in 2019 is when I started having problems. Whenever I needed to go fast, the car would not. I had to slowly press on the gas just to make the car go 60 mph. Then a light would come on and off telling that I'm sliding but I wasn't sliding. I was just trying to go the speed limit which would be about 40-60mph. It was a nightmare. So I took it into the dealership and they told me my CVT transmission needed to be replaced. I asked how much would it be and they confirmed it would cost $4200. I was mind blown. 4200 is a year worth of car payments for me and I didnt have any extra money laying around.

I looked online and saw that I wasnt the only one having this problem so I called corporate. They put in a case number for me but at the end of the day they said I was out of warranty so they were no helped. I had just brought the car 2 years before but I'm out of warranty because I was over the miles. Considering this was a recall on the transmission and it was the transmission that was messing up I feel as if they shouldve provided some help. They do not. I came up with the money and told them to fix it and a couple of days later they tell me that a bolt cracked on them and they have to replace it. Okay how much will it cost, $4800. I just had to come up with 4200 and now I'm being asked for 600 more because you guys broke something. All they could say was, "We didnt break anything. It's just the part was too old and it cracked, but without this part we cant fix the car."

I told them just to put it back together and I'll take it somewhere else. I was so mad. They refused. They said there was no way to put it back together because that piece was gone. So of course I end up paying the $4800. Nissan took a month to fix my car although I told them to fix it 3 days after they called me with the quote. Nissan did not give me a rental car so I had to find my own way. This car has cost me a lot of money and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. Save yourself the time and money and do not buy a Nissan!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Nissan Altima 2015 is the worst car you can drive. It does not have enough power to push your car when you are hitting a ramp to highway. On top of that nissan CVT is worst .Broke CVT in 30k and don't know when it will break.

Nissan Altima Company Information