1.14/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Nissan Altima

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 28, 2017

761 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I own a 2009 Nissan Altima. We have noticed in the past year if we go on a long trip driving over 60 mph it starts to make a whining noise. After driving over an hour the car starts to lose power. You will notice it more going up inclines. We had the Altima floored on flat road and the fastest it would go is 80 mph. We had it floored going up an incline and the fastest it would go is 50 mph.

I just recently put the Altima into the Nissan dealership for service. The day before my appointment I googled the problem and found out many more people with CVT transmissions are having the same exact problem! Nissan is aware so they extended the warranty on the transmission to 120,000 miles or 10 years. BUT they will not fix my problem because they said they cannot duplicate it!

I offered to take one of their drivers out for a long ride to duplicate the problem. They said I cannot do that. I don't know how Nissan can get away with this! I will never ever buy another Nissan! I am totally disgusted with this company. This is also a safety issue! I have read stories where the Nissan will only go 30 mph at times. With traffic flying around you this is not safe!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

2005 Altima SE v6, 100,00 miles warranty - Loved the car! However, Nissan, the company, is horrible and dirty. At 80,000 miles transmission failure. Yes! And they knew about the transmission problem before they marketed their product, now millions of us are left hanging. Never ever again will I buy another Nissan product! Never even heard of any results of the class action suit which started in 2011. I guess the attorneys made all the money.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I have a 2015 Nissan Altima that had 7 miles when I got it. I've had the car 2 1/2 years and the transmission has gone out. I had to get it towed to the dealership and they are telling me now that I'm 3,000 miles over the expiration of the warranty it ended at 60,000 miles. Now my car is sitting there not to mention the $120 I have to pay for the diagnostic fee. They want me to pay $4400 to get it fixed. I don't know what to do because I can't trade it in and I have no help.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My 2012 Altima 3.5 has large amounts of paint just coming off the hood. Took this to various paint shops that said this is a Nissan problem and they did not apply the paint properly or they did not prime it properly. Now I have large patches of paint that keep flaking off. The Car looks terrible and Nissan will not do anything about it. Was told by the paint shop that it will only get worse.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima and Nissan did not do a recall. They just extended the warranty on a problem they have been having with their CVT Transmissions! The warranty is now 120,000 miles and I have 120,700. Looks like they did find out how long it takes for them to fail so that is why they go out of warranty at 120,000 miles. They have not fixed this issue and expect me to pay over $4000.00 to have them fix it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: July 13, 2017

I purchased a brand new 2017 Nissan Altima SR on 6/26/2017. On 7/10/17 my car would not start, turn or anything. I had to call Roadside assistance and have it towed. My car was towed to the dealership I purchased from and 4 days later it's still there WITHOUT a diagnosis. I absolutely love my car but I can't figure out how you purchase a car with 3 miles and 9 days later it will not start. I wouldn't dare say don't purchase a Nissan but I will say choose wisely.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I have a 2008 Altima that I bought late 2012. Not even 6 months after I bought it the transmission went out on it. I was barely under warranty with the mileage, but Nissan replaced it with no problem in early 2013. I began experiencing transmission problems again recently. I knew the warranty was out, but I wanted to have Nissan check to be sure it was the transmission. I was told that when my transmission was replaced in 2013 the technician should have replaced the external cooler. He explained that since it wasn't replaced it is now causing the fluid to get too hot. At this point I am completely understanding that the technician at the same did not do everything that he was suppose to while replacing the transmission. When I was told that there was nothing that they could do I was offered the customer support number. I called and opened a case with Nissan.

The first person that I spoke with agreed with me that it sounded like it was the technician's fault and the transmission should now be replaced by Nissan at no charge since he did not do what he should have. I received a call later that day from a specialist stating that the manufacturer will not be providing any financial assistance due to the mileage and the warranty is out. I was not asking for financial assistance. If it is Nissan's mistake from not replacing the transmission cooler during the first transmission replacement then I should not have to pay anything seeing as this is not my fault that the transmission is slipping AGAIN.

She was not willing to work with me whatsoever. I feel like I have really been screwed over on this. A new transmission is more than what my car is worth. I have always bragged about how Nissan has treated me, but I am very dissatisfied with this experience. I will never buy another Nissan and will never give them another penny after this.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I bought a used 2013 Nissan Altima with 16,000 miles on it about 2 years ago. I had read about the complaints regarding the CVT transmission but disregarded them because what I believed that what is seen on these sites are the complaints about a product which doesn't necessarily give balanced information about the reliability and desirability of the product. Do I ever regret ever buying what was my first and what will be my last Nissan product. I was away on business when my transmission failed on my way to a meeting. The transmission failed without warning, none at all. The motor stopped and I restarted it and put the transmission in gear and the car would just shut off. I had the car towed to the local Nissan dealer who told me, a few days later, that my transmission was trashed.

He also told me that my "cheapest" option would be to have them install a rebuilt transmission for about $4200!!! As I was 100 miles from home I told them to go ahead and fix the vehicle. A day later when my business had been completed I was informed by Nissan that they would not be able to complete repairs until the following week. At that point I had to get home, so I went to a major rental company and ended up with a... Nissan Altima. As I was waiting for the car I had told the rental agent about the problem I had with my Altima. He told me that of all the vehicles they rented, it seemed that they had more Altimas towed out of their yard than any other vehicle! The point I'm trying to make is to stay away from this vehicle!!! You stand the chance that you will share the same experience that I did. My transmission died at 68,000 miles.

NO TRANSMISSION IN A VEHICLE MADE IN THIS DAY AND AGE SHOULD FAIL WITH THE FREQUENCY REPORTED ON THIS AND OTHER SITES! My previous 2 vehicles were Honda Accords both of which had 200,000 miles on them and both of which still ran well when I traded them in with no major repairs having been performed on them. While I don't feel that most any major corporations have much of a conscience regarding the reliability or safety of their products, it is puzzling that Nissan would continue to sell a vehicle with an unreliable transmission. How do they expect to stay in business selling such a defective product?

Original review: July 5, 2017

I purchased a 2009 Nissan Altima years back and was initially happy with it. At 54000 miles the CVT transmission blew and the dealership said it needed to be replaced. Okay, fine. The dealership replaced it with no cost to me and I assumed I was done with that headache. Well unfortunately I was wrong. Fast forward to recently on the highway. To make a long story short, the transmission blew again at 147000. So I know that Nissan has had campaigns on the CVT transmissions and extended the warranty to 120000 miles. After talking with customer service it seemed as though they were going to make right knowing the transmission only really had around 93000 miles on it. Got the call back that they reviewed my case and it was denied. Zero concern for my situation. No offer to pay for parts and I pay for labor. Nothing. Continuously shot me down on all my points.

Spoke to a supervisor who said she reviewed my case but couldn't even tell me how many miles were on my car. Told me that the conversation was not a negotiation and I would not change Nissan's decision. Please, take my advice and steer clear from purchasing Nissan. This is not a personal vendetta thing. This is staying away from a company that does not see customers, they see numbers. I have spared you from a lot of the back and forth with this company but trust me, I was battling with them with getting phone calls back, getting straight answers, getting through being on hold. Just save yourself the stress.

Original review: July 1, 2017

After driving a car on highway for more than half an hour, my car will make winding noise when I try to speed up. The rpm move up, but the car stay at 65 MPH. I have to stop a car for rest before it can go. If I continue to drive, my car will slow down to stop.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I bought a 2013 Nissan Altima from a car dealership and at the time bought what I thought was; a "bumper to bumper" policy. Last week my car got stuck in park, researched the internet to fix (band aid) the problem. Learned that this is a common problem. Took my car to a Nissan dealer today and learned that the warranty bought from JMA Group does not cover this problem. HOW CAN THAT BE?? The dealer gave me a price of $797 to fix the problem. So today I've called Nissan corp to talk to someone about getting this fixed. I was given a claim # and was told that someone will cb me tomorrow.

My gripe is with Wesley Chapel Toyota for not selling me what I was told that I was buying (bumper to bumper). I was told that the stupid USB port which didn't work from day one that the car was bought, that it would be no problem to have them fix under the insurance. I'm also irate that the car is known for these problems, I am really hoping that Nissan corp does the right thing here. I've had Nissan Maxima in the past and didn't have any problems.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima in August of 2016. 10 months later I'm having problems with the CVT Transmission. I would have to pay since my car is 3,000 miles over the warranty that they offer. I really think Nissan need to be held accountable for their cars since so many people are having problems with their vehicle. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get this problem solve? I do not have $4,000 to pay to get a transmission since I'm still paying a car note every month too.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Am so disappointed. I bought Nissan with good faith and the dealer told me it's a good car for a senior with a low mechanic maintenance. I believed and trusted Nissan and I found out that I have to deal with problems: tires... last year it started to get sluggish. The last couple months it started slowing down and the dealership said there is nothing wrong with it. Now I have a problem with the TRANSMISSION!!! That suppose to be my retirement car now I have to buy another one. SO DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have a Nissan 2016, it has given me noise problem in the front, the suspension has changed, many parts of the front were the rack and pinion. I've gotten it 6 times to repair. NISSAN CORPORATION does not want to change the car. You assume that when you take a car to repair more than three times one qualifies to change the car or Nissan buy it. What remains is to seek the lawyers by lemon law. Which are the ones that take care of the defective cars.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Traded in my 2014 Altima lease 5 months early. Too many little things wrong with it. Every time I turned around it was another recall... a bar was hanging from the bottom of my car. Took it in. They told me it was nothing. They removed it and it should not happen again. They were wrong. It happened on the other side a few months later. Took it for an oil change and 100 point check. Had 28,000 miles on it and they told me I needed brakes. Over $200.00 it was gonna cost. When I told them that I got a lease so I would have to bother with that. I told them, "Do not touch car. I would take it to someone else". Then they said they weren't that bad.

Another car dealership bought me out of my lease 5 months early with 32,000 and I was allowed 45,000 miles on it. Lost money on that. The lease was paid up on April 10th until Sept. They still took money my out of my account for Oct. Didn't they see the lease was paid off. They said I should get the payment back within 7 to 10 days. I am hoping but doubt it. It took them 2 weeks to get a check to me when they bought my Versa in 2014.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I have a Nissan Altima 2009. Paid cash, had it ordered and the first year my transmission went out. Last year my car locked up 1100$. Now 8 years later transmission is going out again. My Toyota never had any of these problems. My sister owns a Nissan also. 2nd year transmission goes out... I will never own another!

Original review: April 27, 2017

I got a brand new 2017 Nissan Altima S on the last day of January. To be honest I was pretty happy with the car. The gas mileage was pretty good and the drive smooth. Three weeks into the lease the check engine light goes on and I feel something is off when I push the gas pedal. When giving gas the car wasn't responding the way it was supposed to. There had to be something wrong with the transmission I thought. I panicked and went to the nearest dealership so they could take a look at it. I spent four hours at the dealership waiting for them to diagnose my car. In the end they said there was nothing wrong with the car and they restarted the car's computer. I knew this didn't make any sense and I didn't want to return anytime soon with the same problem.

I told my service advisor that this was not acceptable. I didn't want to come back in a month because of the same problem. How would restarting the computer help? She was persistent saying that the problem would not arise again and that if it did she would take care of me and everything would work out quickly. It didn't. About 2 months later the check engine light was back and so was the unresponsiveness of the transmission. At this point I was beyond pissed off having to deal with the same problem for a brand new car that I only had for 3 months. I went back to the same dealership and that service advisor wasn't there that day. Someone else took care of me and I explained the entire situation to him.

Before giving up my keys I made sure to confirm that if something was wrong with the car and was covered under the warranty that I would get a different vehicle while my car was under repair. I was told many times that I had nothing to worry about and they would take care of me. Close to five hours later, once again, the car was finally diagnosed. And guess what the problem was... THE TRANSMISSION! They said it is covered under the warranty but it'll take close to a week to fix since they need to order a new transmission for me. When I ask for a loaner car or a rental the service advisor looks at me and says with a straight face "We can't give you any car sorry."

I asked him why he told me before that I could get one. And what was I supposed to do without a car for a week. I am paying for the lease and I should have a car to use for the money that I'm paying. He plainly replied with "I'm sorry but you have to go to the dealership where you got your car from and there they'll give you a loaner car or rental." I left the place with my car with the broken transmission. I had spent a total of 10 hours at this place and I still could not get my car fixed!!

I ended up calling Nissan corporate offices and told them my story. They opened a case and unneeded to wait for someone to call me back. It took a couple of days to finally get something to get in contact with me. After we finally got in touch I told them the entire story. The lady was confused as to why this dealership would do what they did and not help me with a loaner car since a bad transmission will obviously take a while to fix (especially since it's a 2017 car they don't even have it in stock at the dealerships because it's brand spanking new and it's not supposed to have these problems).

After a week of waiting and a few phone calls I was finally told that I could go to a rental company and get a rental and would be reimbursed most of the money for the rental cost. I finally took my car into the dealership for repair today and got my rental car. The amount of ** that I went through just to get my car fixed was not fair and not right. I was talked to with attitude by most of the staff at the dealership and the first time they just sent me away without fixing the problem. I am very unhappy with Nissan and would not recommend them at all to anyone! BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: April 10, 2017

One cold night in December 2016, Milwaukee, WI my son was driving from school back home to Green Bay, WI. He stop at a gas station to get something to drink, to his dismay the car (Nissan Altima 2009) wouldn't start. He tried desperately to restart the engine but the ESCL had locked on him. My son now is stranded 100 miles from home. At 1:00 am I was awaken by his phone call. I was upset at the situation and worried about him. We spend money having the car towed to the nearest town. He had to find a place to stay over till I was able to pick him up the next afternoon. I had to take time off from work to do so. We paid $1012.78 for repairs at the Nissan dealership, and $77.08 for towing services.

You bet I am submitting a claim for reimbursement Nissan! I only wish that you could compensate if not for my anguish, but for putting my son in a terrible situation. You were aware of this problems with the Altima 2009, yet you chose to do nothing till many people your customers were stranded. I own a 2015 Altima also, and I can assure you, I will never be back to purchase another Nissan.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Soon after purchase my (new) Altima the car died and was towed to the dealer. The battery replaced at my expense. This happened three more times. I called Nissan USA and the response was "I have decided not to honor your claim." or something to that effect. Great car but the arrogance on the part of Nissan was difficult to swallow. I have to buy another car while still paying off this one.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I purchased my car in May of 2007. First 3-4 years were great. Only had typical maintenance and repairs. But around 2012 I started noticing a louder engine. Was told as others, "That's how the it sounds because it's older and nothing is wrong." Then from there my catalytic converter went out. I was totally shocked. From there it's been one repair after another each year. From AC compressor, spark plug replacements twice because of misfires, two engine mounts and a much louder engine to the point I put in neutral to quiet it down. Starting car in cold it sounds like it's being tortured but when it's warm sounds like a champ on start up.

Now I'm grateful because many of my issues happened after 100,000 compared to others. I've owned Nissans since I was 19. Now I'm in my 40's and I barely took care of my other Nissan cars when I was younger and had less issues but this car I kept on top of maintenance and repairs and to have these common major repair costs year after year are tiring. So after reading the other horror stories about transmissions going out and other issues experienced by others, I decided to get a new car and it definitely is not a Nissan. Because based on symptoms I've read, that's next. There should definitely be a class action lawsuit.

Original review: March 14, 2017

The WORST car buying experience EVER!!! In late 2015 I bought what I thought was brand new fully loaded Nissan Altima. What I got was a safety hazard that had 2 previous accidents and was sold to me as new. The car has defective brakes and I ended up in an accident as well. I will not drive the car anymore because even after taking it to the dealership they indicated the brakes were fine and when I drove it the brakes failed again. So I am paying for a car I can't drive!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

There is no excuse for a transmission to need replacing @ 70,800 miles... NONE. Nissan has a huge problem and will not stand behind it. My car still looks brand new and did drive that way until last week. No warnings just all of a sudden sitting at a traffic light it shut off on me and has never been the same. Found out today that the transmission needs replacing... $3,300 out my pocket because @ 60,000 miles there is no more warranty! PLEASE, if you are reading this, do NOT buy a Nissan product. There are tons of reviews and posts in numerous places of people having the same problem that I have and guess what... No recall from Nissan to stand behind their faulty product.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I love my Altima. I ordered it new in 2013, and almost 4 years later I have only 29,000 miles on it. (Am retired, & we have another car so just don't drive it often). It drives beautifully and quietly. So I was surprised when suddenly it was very noisy, with a rumbling noise from underneath/under the hood. Had it looked at by a relative who owns a garage, he couldn't diagnose it but felt it was a motion-generated noise. It got worse and I took it to Nissan dealer. He drove it with me and within 3 minutes of driving off the lot he knew what it was. He said it is often diagnosed as a transmission or bearing problem but in fact it is not. When we got back to the shop he printed off a Nissan Service Bulletin dated July 5, 2015 # NTB-13040a, classification EM-13-003a. This describes the "rattle or groan noise from engine area" at 20-40 mph; 1400-1500 RPM; "may also be misdiagnosed as CVT or heat shield related".

The alternator is the problem and has to be replaced. While the alternator functions just fine, it does create this rumble. He said no worries that the alt will go out or cause another problem. So I guess you could ignore it if you choose. The real problem as to fixing it is that only a limited number of alternators are made for the QR25DE engine, so it can take weeks/months to get a replacement. He said that usually he doesn't care if owners choose an OEM aftermarket part (about $100 total cheaper with labor) except that he said in this case he has seen them constantly kick off the dummy lights afterward, so owners are never sure if that's what wrong or if indeed their new alternator is going bad. So I figured I'd have the aftermarket one put in, by relative's shop.

When I picked it up I still heard noise. So I had him take it out, and called Nissan to set up replacement. That was 3 weeks ago and still waiting. Today they said they have no idea; it will just show up when one becomes available. The alternator is (as expected) back-ordered. Total parts and labor will be $455. While I am not happy about that it's sure better than those who paid for new transmissions because of bad diagnosis. So that's why I am writing this, it's something to check if this is your problem. And then you can ask why your own Nissan dealer didn't check their service bulletins! Hope it helps someone.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I bought my 2013 Nissan Altima SV about three years ago. It has been regularly maintained. My mileage is near 80,000 miles and my transmission has went out. Now normally I would say it can happen to anyone, but guess what it's happened to many, many people. Read any forum about Nissan and you will see their CVT transmissions have been faulty since at least 2010. I am so disappointed and am at a loss. I called customer service for two weeks straight. I kept getting transferred and even been hung up on my regional manager named Lisa from Chicago area. They declined any assistance on a $4000 fix even after the fact it has a recall on the transmission. They told me the recall has nothing to do with why it's broke... how would they know????

Clearly with many people having the same problem at low miles even way lower than my mileage indicates a flaw in their design. I am so, so disappointed. I don't know what to do. I can wipe my savings and buy new transmission but if I do that who's to say this won't go out soon. I have read many reviews where the second transmission has went out as well!!!! Don't ever buy a Nissan!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My tranny had problems with whining at 119k just under the warranty cut off. Took it to dealer and they put a new valve body on instead of replacing transmission. Was told I only needed that part even though I knew the CVT was trash from all the reviews and complaints I found online and I demanded a new transmission. Well 5 months later I had a new noise coming from transmission. This time bad bearings. Need a new transmission now, $4054 for fix. Took it back thinking even though I'm over the 120,000 mile warranty that I'd be ok because I experienced problems before. Oh boy was I wrong!!! They refuse to help me at all.

Called Nissan Consumer and that was a waste of time. Don't bother!!! Very rude and could care less that I'm a single mother with No car now. She even had the nerve to tell me there is no record of Maintenance being performed. Well I bought the car at 95k miles and have done tires and oil changes on time. I never heard anything about Maintenance when I took it in the first time for repairs under warranty. DO NOT BUY FROM NISSAN PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I am the owner of a 2013 Nissan Altima Coupe. My vehicle only has 55k miles and one morning I noticed that the steering suddenly was very tight when trying to turn out of my driveway. I took the vehicle to my local Firestone to diagnose the problem. They kept the car overnight trying to figure out what the problem was. The next day they informed me that it was an issue with my power steering and I should take it the dealer on Monday as they should fix it under warranty. I took my vehicle to the dealer who later told me that my steering rack was "bad" and it was going to cost me $2,300.00 to replace and it was not covered under my power train warranty. My father is a mechanic but lives in another state and I called him to discuss this issue before authorizing any repairs to my vehicle. He informed me that this is not a common problem on a vehicle that only has 55k miles on it.

When I picked up my car from the dealer that afternoon I asked for some details of what was wrong with my rack since Firestone has specifically told me there were no leaks in it and they were a little confused themselves about what the exact issue was. The answer I got from the dealer was "it's just bad and sometimes things happen". The person I was dealing with was clearly new and could offer no information other than what the mechanic's note listed on the invoice stating my rack was "bad". I paid them the $155.00 it cost me for the diagnostics they ran and I left with my vehicle.

I then did some research and consulted with multiple mechanics regarding the issue and all informed me this was a default with Nissan and this problem should not have occurred with a vehicle with this many miles. I was also informed that the power steering system has been a problem for the 2013 models but because no one has been hurt due to the defect Nissan has not issued a recall. Unfortunately I am stuck with this vehicle and I am still paying the car note on it. I luckily found a mechanic that will replace the part and is only charging me $300.00 for labor as opposed to the $800.00 in labor quoted by the dealer. I have always been a loyal Nissan customer but will Never purchase another one after this experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I bought a 2009 Nissan Altima slightly over a year ago. Had less than 40K miles on it when I bought it, and was always maintained by previous owners. I went out to start my car a couple weeks ago after work, only to find that it wouldn't. Not even an attempt. My FOB would unlock, lock my car. The interior lights came on strong...but it wouldn't recognize my key in order to start the vehicle. Meanwhile, snow and ice was falling, it was dark, and I was without transportation. Tow trucks had an estimated several hour turnaround time to get me towed to places that were shutdown over the weekend which did me no good. Getting a ride home from a coworker, I did some research and found all signs pointing to my ESCL having broken. I called Nissan and was told it'd be roughly $1100 to get me running again. It was no longer covered under warranty, but was a known problem for many, many years. This has been reported by thousands of Nissan owners.

My car has less than 50K miles on it. And this is unacceptable. Not having $1100 readily available (hence, having bought a used car from Carvana, which does a very thorough diagnostic on all cars sold through them), I found some workaround involving banging on the ESCL with a hammer until it starts, and then pulling the fuse for that part. And it worked. Car started up, and has started up ever since, but I have no steering column lock now. I'm still worried that it will fail at some point in the future and leave me stranded once again. But that part, it's still broken, and is a fail safe for starting the car should it fail again. Shame on Nissan for allowing this to be put in their cars, and for not issuing a full recall for it. Having owned multiple Nissans, this was my last straw with them and unless they repair it at their cost, I'll never own another Nissan again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

So for anyone out there looking to buy a new Nissan Altima... DON'T. Bought a 2013 new. Have had multiple problems including interior, exterior, all rims and front grill replaced due to peeling, window fixed with new motor and regulator, 2 hood latches, passenger air bag, new brakes and rotors at 35,000 miles (Nissan says this is wear and tear...), strut, and now a transmission before 45,000 miles! 3 engine oil cooler! Can we say LEMON! Nothing for all the time lost back and forth for repairs and complaints, plus a half day's pay I'm out when the car kept quitting on me and had to be towed back to the dealership!

I will go into the negative probably with my next trade but I will never give Nissan another penny! I hate you Nissan idiots who designed and made the CVT transmission! Feel a little defeated right now! But please be sure to pass this along, and look at Nissan reviews before you buy one. Nissan will not buy back or compensate, they say "I am not in any danger". I bet if it was them or their family they would still not be in this situation.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs to alert them to two problems with my vehicle that are not covered by the extended warranty I purchased. The first which is the worst issue is my dashboard is melting. Because of this, it is extremely difficult to see through the reflection off the windshield during the day or when at night when lights shine through. The second is the clear coat on the roof and hood of the car is peeling off. This car has been well maintained and should not have either of these defects at only 5 years old. Nissan is refusing to accept any responsibility in the poor quality materials they have manufactured into this vehicle. It is my belief Nissan should take responsibility not only is one of my complaints dangerous but both of them have impacted the resale value of this car. All consumers should be aware of Nissan's lack of commitment to their customers and lack of responsibility to their products.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We purchased the 2013 Nissan Altima from Baxter dealership in Omaha, NE in 2016. 12/23/16 the transmission went out and was taken to Auto Nation Nissan Brandon Florida dealership. Initially we were told by the adviser, Paul, assigned to us, it was under a 8yr/80,000 warranty and replacement value of 100% for a new transmission. After the technician looked at the vehicle, we received a call from Paul, stating we are not under warranty. He said the warranty is 5/60. This was a HUGE mistake. Now he tells us we have to pay for the entire cost of $4168.76 for a new transmission. This is unacceptable. There is no way a vehicle should need an entirely new transmission at this stage of its life, 2013 with 75,497 mi.

We also own a 2011 Honda with 135,000 miles and we have NEVER had to deal with any major issues. NEVER. That's double the miles and 2 years older! We are working with the Service manager of the Brandon location, who is contacting Nissan for assistance. We are sickened of this inconvenience and setback this has caused our family. We are not prepared to pay such a high cost and not have a drivable vehicle to get to a job to pay for this. It's just unbelievable and unacceptable. It's urgent and undeniable that we have assistance from Nissan to rectify this situation. We counted on Nissan when we purchased this vehicle and would appreciate their understanding and positive outcome of this situation.

Nissan Altima Company Information