3.8/5 (611 ratings)
Get Pricing on Carvana

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: May 18, 2022

I bought a new 2022 Nissan Kicks Sr with the interior ambient lighting package. The interior ambient lighting changes 20 colors. 20 colors you are unable to see because they are very very dim. The opposite of what was advertised. In the advertisement the color lighting inside the vehicle is bright and vivid. In real life you can hardly see it. I called Nissan and told them this was false advertising at its finest. Nissan kept offering how they could fix the situation. When I told them how they could fix the problem they refused. Also wheel guards are already broken on the vehicle after driving the car for a whopping 7 days. My first Nissan and will be my last.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Worst experience with the vehicle, company, dealer and service stations of Nissan..Will never recommend Nissan to anyone..There is no one who could understand the problem of a customer in company even..Vehicle even is of poor quality, poor mileage with manufacturing defects for which company even doesn't bother.. Useless customer care.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

My 2016 Nissan was brought to Hudson Nissan of North Charleston because the alternator on my vehicle quit working. They tried to send me home with just a new battery when in fact it was also the alternator as I had to explain to the service rep. They did keep my car for 3 days and stated they had replaced the alternator and battery... 3 days later my vehicle stalled again and would not start. Back to the dealer... They said it must have been a faulty alternator and replaced it once again.. 4 months later again the alternator died but this time I was over 2000 miles from the parts warranty so they would not help me at the dealership.. I spoke with a Jimmy at consumer affairs and just to talk was pulling teeth. He would not answer his phone or if you missed his call he would send an email saying he would call back the next day... This happened twice...

After a week I finally received a call saying they were not going to help at all being that it was over the warranty even though alternators should last 7 to 10 years.. I spoke with his supervisor Neci and she was rude and kept interrupting me as I would talk... They were not interested in addressing the fact that this would be the 3rd alternator placed in 4 months. All they cared about was saying that it was over the mileage... It's horrible they charge so much for these defective parts and installation of these parts and can not see beyond the fact that this was #3...in a short period of time having to be replaced. I would not recommend anyone to buy a nissan as in the past year my vehicle has had...a fuel pump, a transmission, rocker arms, valve cover, alternator x3, a back latch for the hatch and several other parts replaced and the customer service reps' attitudes were awful.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I bought my Nissan Titan in 2017 with 100,000 bumper to warranty. Took it to Universal Nissan for my regular service 35,000 miles, and let them know we have moisture inside the headlight. They said they contact Nissan and the headlight was on order on 1/13/22. Called the Dealer and they said the headlight came in early March. Vehicle check in 3/16/22, called 4hrs later to check on the status, service advisor stated it should be ready in an one hour. In 30 minutes he called back stated that the headlight replacement was denied Nissan. They could not provide any paperwork why it is declined. They gave a case number that did not exist when I called Nissan Consumer Affairs. They finally called back 4/1/2022 stating the dealer denied the coverage not Nissan. The rep from Consumer Affairs stated that they will send a letter stating why it was denied. I bought 3 Nissans, never again.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Where do I start. Went to buy a car and the one sales person told different prices. The service department wanted to charge $10,000 for repairs. Went and got a second opinion and it cost $272 to repair the issue. Then presented the information to the dealership service dept and they still held true that the engine needed to be replaced. So this is a buyer beware and service beware. I also witnessed them not wanting to replace a recalled piece on another person's car. Location is Classic Nissan of Newport News in VA.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

With MUCH regret, my husband and I purchased a 2018 Nissan Pathfinder from Pinnacle Nissan in Scottsdale, AZ. I went to that dealership November 2018 thinking I was going to get a Black Friday special, but instead got ripped off. The salesperson stated the pearl color would be an extra charge and we agreed to pay the extra. When I came back to pick the vehicle up because they "had to order that color" they said, a pure white Nissan Pathfinder was waiting for me. I argued back and forth with the sales manager at that time, and he stated the vehicle I was receiving does not come in Pearl white. I mean they got their sale, so who cares about the color right? I wish to God, I would have just walked away, but I drove off in the white Nissan Pathfinder.

In addition, we thought we were purchasing an extended warranty up to 100K miles the reason our payment was outrageous. We were ok with that knowing we would have coverage for a while. The finance guy also talked us into some paint package. I returned to Pinnacle about a year or so later (it should be in the records) to get the paint touch up coverage (not sure of the exact name). We were not given any instructions other than we have that coverage and we've never purchased it with any other vehicles. So, I pull up to the service dept at Pinnacle and was met by the rudest person I've encountered in a while. He said "your car is dirty! There's a car wash down the street! Go and come back! Well, I was under the impression they would wash it at the dealership, and I was in a hurry on a Saturday with a lineup of errands. I did as he barked out for me to do and returned the vehicle.

Pinnacle, please work on your customer service! It's important! I then visit ABC Nissan in Phoenix, AZ in 2021. The second row would not collapse, and we were told it was not covered by the warranty. What? A 2018 with coverage up to 100K miles? Well, guess what, we are NOT covered up to 100K miles. Not sure how we got swindled into paying an outrageous car payment with little to no warranty coverage? So, I call my nice “go to” service advisor Tyler at Coulter Nissan in Surprise, AZ immediately tried to help me and said he could do a one time "goodwill" coverage. I didn’t go to him in the first place because I was close to ABC Nissan at the time and somehow thought I would receive good service at any Nissan dealership! Tyler is SO awesome and is the ONLY one who represents Nissan well. Tyler said that ABC Nissan could also use the "good will" coverage so I wouldn't have to move my car from ABC to Coulter.

The salesperson at ABC was horrible and kept quoting different pick-up times for when the vehicle would be ready. This was very important as I was traveling from Phoenix back home to California on tight time restrictions for work. The manager at ABC Nissan, Anthony **, finally intervened and tried to hurry the techs along as the salesperson shouldn't have called and said the vehicle was ready if it wasn't! I was in tears and extremely frustrated at this point as I was given 3 different times the vehicle would be ready. Anthony gave me money to go get lunch and to stall for the technicians to hurry and finish the job that was promised hours before my arrival. After several months, my daughter noticed a bolt sticking up in the seat and the seat belt would not work! We were not surprised there were more problems with this Nissan vehicle!

I took the vehicle to Pedder Nissan in Hemet, CA. The technician/manager there stated the bolt was never put back properly by ABC Nissan! Whhaatt?? How dangerous?? ABC Nissan must have rushed to get the car out and carelessly did not put the bolt back properly. I should have taken pictures, but I'm sure Pedder Nissan has some. The tech at Pedder was kind enough to fix the bolt at no charge. They provided good customer service as I showed up with no appointment and he got me in quickly.

More problems with this "new" Nissan Pathfinder! Apparently, there is some known CVT issue with the Nissan Pathfinder. This issue/dash/radio would go in and out in my vehicle and was random when the dash/radio would work. I took the vehicle to Temecula Nissan where Alex Campagna assisted me. Apparently, Alex was not aware of the CVT issue? He told me they could not help me unless the dash/radio was actually not functioning at the time the vehicle was in their possession. Of course, when I took it to Temecula Nissan, the dash worked fine. I drove away from Temecula Nissan with no resolution! I go to visit in Phoenix again and I can ALWAYS rely on Tyler at Coulter Nissan. He knew exactly what I was talking about before I could even get it out good! He immediately helped me and was able to charge a minimum fee to fix it.

Whenever I'm at Coulter and dealing with Tyler, I always feel safe and do not worry about getting taken advantage of! Tyler is just a good person and a good representation of Nissan. I shouldn’t have to go to another state to hope for good customer service from a Nissan dealership! I wish I had purchased our recent vehicle from Coulter, but thought we were getting some special deal at Pinnacle. Worst mistake of our lives! Maybe some internal training is needed throughout Nissan for consistent customer service, complete/accurate work, and knowledge of recalls! I would love to have the Pearl Nissan Pathfinder I originally hoped for, but in the meantime, Tyler has helped make my regrets of dealing with Pinnacle Nissan, ABC Nissan, and Temecula Nissan a little better.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I have been scheduled for an inspection on the 15th of February 2022 between 1200 and 1700. I waited the whole time for the inspector which did not show up nor called to notify me. I called Nissan Inspection and they told me that someone is going to call me. Someone's name John - phone number ** - called me after half an hour and told me that the inspection has been scheduled, but it did not go through the system. He said that he is going to schedule another inspection the next day, 16 February 2022 between 0800 and 1000, and if the inspector did not show up by 0900, the inspector is going to call me and let me know. John says that he is going to monitor this closely and notify me of any changes.

The next day, 16 February 2022, the inspector did not show up. At 0910, I called John (and I am not sure if this is his real name) twice, but he did not pick up the phone. I called Nissan inspection and they told me that the inspection has been scheduled between 1000 and 1200. I have to travel at the beginning of March and that's a lot of time-wasting.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I've had a 2016 Nissan Titan XD for the almost a year now and have enjoyed the truck, however, I was recently in an accident and was in need for parts. I have been waiting on parts for over 2 months now with no promise of getting my part any time soon. Upon talking to Nissan I got some rehearsed spiel about the backorder and was given no information on where the part is, why it's been backordered over 2 months or when I would get it. I have been paying rental car fees for the last month out of pocket because the insurance coverage of a rental expired so everyday I'm out more money because they can't produce the part I need.

I've driven a Nissan for the last 20 years and have been satisfied until this problem arose. Not being able to get the necessary parts makes me not that interested in driving Nissans if I'm going to have to deal with this kind of issue anytime, God forbid, I would be in a wreck or some other problem comes up. So if you're thinking of buying a Nissan just beware that this issue could also become your issue.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I bought a brand new car on 2020. After 1-2 weeks there was problem on aircon of car the dealers still couldn't fix that, after that there was a problem on the seat of car still couldn't fix. Now the paint started to fade on the car. It's just been 1 year and went to fix the car for about 10-12 times but still same. Doesn't feels like a brand new car. Worst car I ever had. Never ever gonna buy Nissan cars again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

The company I work for invested in a fleet of Nissan nv200 cargo vans. I happen to look after maintenance of these vehicles. After using these vehicles for some time we've come to realize it was the worst investment ever. Common issues we've seen at 70k or less.

-Rear bearings wear out at~ 30-50ks.
    -Sliding doors are very hard to close, worst in cold weather.
    -Back door handle stuck open. (9 of company vans)
    -Vehicle struggles to move itself even when empty at high speeds.
    -Cvt transmission is more like a 2 gear tranny constantly shifting back and forth between overdrive (lowest gear) and high gear.
    -Advertised gas consumption can hardly be met. Nv200 burns a lot of gas considering it's a very weak vehicle (average of 12.8 lt/100k).
    -Extremely non aerodynamic, wind really hurts its performance especially on high speeds 100+. (not fit for highway drives)
    -Windows start to get stuck at 1 year old.

-Last but not least this vehicle is NOT built to handle any accidents. Two 2018s written off due to a fender bender.

Nissan Company Information