Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
1.74/5

Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

958 Nissan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I bought my new Nissan Juke Shiro Limited in 2012 and had it shipped to Spain. In 2016 after a friend had driven it, they brought to my attention that it had no power! Nada! To be honest I had always felt a bit un-at-ease when driving my Juke and felt I didn’t have much control on the speed but never through much if it. Especially has I had always serviced my car at a Nissan dealership approved garage and always got conned into paying premium instead of a standard service.

So took my Juke to Nissan dealership and I am told the gearbox had broken, a new one would cost €10,000 including fitting! I was just 3 months out of my 3 year warranty but luckily within the mileage. So after 5 weeks of talk and waiting for decisions, Nissan Europe decided to replace the gearbox and I agreed to the €1,000 cost to fit it. It only had 1 year warranty but surely I wouldn’t need another new gearbox.

2 years later, 3 months after the premium service at Nissan... A friend drove my car and said the same as my last friend who had driven it in 2016!! No power! I took it back to Nissan garage, only to be told the gearbox was broken, again. Metal getting into the oil because 2 disks are grinding together in the gearbox... 2 months later, several phone calls, emails and messages. Nissan will only offer a 35% discount on a recondition gearbox €3,998! I can’t see how a faulty car manufactured and badly made by Nissan can be my fault. It cost me over £18,000 new.

I am now out of pocket by €1,500 on rental cars and Nissan just don’t give a damn. I was never offered a courtesy car this time or back in 2016. This whole situation has had me sick with worry and not even having €3,998 to pay for the reconditioned gearbox that Nissan have offered! So I can having to pay another month of car hire cost, I am totally lost as to what to do. The head office in Barcelona that have also dealt with my case have been totally unprofessional and unresponsive to my phone calls and my emails. Needless to say, I would never buy another Nissan again???

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Too bad we can't choose zero stars. CVT trany quit and they won't do a thing about it, even though they have been sued and lost, wonderful stuff. Never buy one, they won't stand behind their product because it isn't bulletproof. Grow a set Nissan.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Bought my 2013 Nissan Sentra Sr used with over 60k car in Dec 2015, long story short my car is suffering from transmission failure, the rpms will shoot up high and drop down low, my car will then start to stall and not want to go any fast than 10 mph!!! No matter how hard you hit the accelerator it will not speed up! I had to pull over before a car could have hit me and once I stopped it would not move at all, not in reverse not in drive nothing! I had to get a tow truck to tow my car back to my house and even then the driver told me that I’m better off buying a new car.

I’m so upset, as to I owe 10k on it still and am looking at a 5k bill fixing it! I tried trading in the car to find out my car's value is only 3k!!! I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs office and was told there was nothing that could be done about my transmission problem, they did let me know there was a recall about the seatbelts yet I can’t even use my seatbelt due to my car being a death trap! BEWARE OF NISSAN AND THEIR TRASH CARS!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Bear with me this a long story, but I took a chance with a Nissan Dealer and am now regretting ever buying a Nissan. I’ve owned my car for a little over 3 months, and 1/3 of those months I have had it in the shop- untouched. Unfortunately, I live in Michigan- where the road conditions are unpredictable. I hit something, and immediately had it towed to a Nissan dealership near me - Fox Nissan of Lansing. This is where they held my car for 2 weeks, telling me they could repair it. At the end of these 2 week they informed my insurance that they DO NOT have a collision center and cannot fix my car.

Look, I know I should have asked the right questions, but I work a 9-5 job and every time I tried to call to talk to someone they were busy, which I understand, but I never received any callbacks, and I received no EMPATHY from the sales desk. When talking to what was said to be the manager there, he offered me nothing for my wait.

After towing my car to a collision center nearby, they inform me one part for my car will take 4-6 weeks to get there. Then at which I will have to wait for them to fix my car. Now, I am in a position where I must loan a family friend’s car for 2 months. I then reached out to Nissan’s customer service to see if there is anything they can do for me. I wait another week to find out there is not ONE single thing they can do for me, NOTHING. Now, I have worked in the customer service industry for YEARS. For me to buy a car and have something misfortunate happen soon after, and must wait 2 months for me to see my car, be offered no rental/ loaner, no free future services, no free car payments, nothing? Now that makes for a very unhappy customer. I will no longer be buying a Nissan after this car. For any new car buyers? I wouldn’t buy a Nissan either.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought my Titan new and had the usual rotor problem and the rear axle end seals blowing out. Nissan fixes the rotor issue without problems. The axle end seal happened at 76,000 miles, just 1,000 miles out of warranty but after many complaints to corporate, they agreed to pay half. This fix lasted about 4,000 miles, Instead of repeating the repair, I chose to use a thicker viscosity rear end lube from Lucas. I also had to replace the radiator but that is common on all vehicles now that radiators are plastic.

If you’re wondering why I give this truck 4 stars, I almost gave it 5 stars, this truck had 355,000 miles on it when I traded it in 2013. Those issues listed above are the only problems I had with this truck and it still ran like a new truck when I traded. The engine and transmission were beasts. I attribute the performance of this Titan to changing my oil every 20 to 25,000 miles with Amsoil and Ea filters. I would have bought another Titan at trade but needed better mpg. Traded for a Ram 1500 4wd and it now has 270,000 using Amsoil.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My husband and I leased a Nissan Rogue as a second car for him to drive back and forth to dialysis. We choose Nissan because of a very good lease program available to us. This was our first experience with a Nissan vehicle but not a lease program. 14 months in the lease, my husband passed. I called Nissan numerous time to work out a deal to get released from the Nissan and lease program. The penalty to get out of the lease is full payment of the lease minus one payment. Much to my surprise there is no death penalty in the lease agreement and basically I am stuck with the car and lease.

I explained my hardship on not needing 2 vehicles with no longer having my husband's income, no longer having a need for a second car, no longer needing to make vehicle insurance payments or license payments. Needless to say, how disappointed I am with Nissan to not honor a death of a spouse or hardship. I have been very vocal on my disappointment of Nissan's treatment and their lack of sympathy of my husband's passing. This was my first and last time I will ever purchase a Nissan vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I bought a 2016 Versa Note in 2016 and while I love my car and have had no problems with the car itself at all - dealing with the finance department of Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp (NMAC) has been a nightmare. It was ok the first few months. They offer FREE one time payment through their website as well as recurring autopayments and then over the phone methods of paying which charge fees ranging from 7 to 12 bucks. They have taken duplicate payments in August and when I called about it they stated they were going to refund one of them - which they never sent the refund out to me yet on the account it showed a reversed payment so the system kept reporting that I had not paid.

As they had never sent the refund and still had my duplicate payment for that month I had actually paid a month in advance yet the system continued to show I hadn't paid August's payment at all. I called and spoke with multiple people who all confirmed my next payment would not be due until October. In September the system took YET ANOTHER payment. Note - this is now $975 of payments that the system is only showing $325 having been received. I called AGAIN and said they needed to get my money back to me ASAP.

I was put on hold for 45 minutes while he "spoke with a supervisor" and then it dropped my call. I call back and of course it's a new person and there's no note on my account about a refund. This person says the fastest way to get my money is to call the bank and stop the payment. I stop the September payment with my bank which cost me 25 bucks and call Nissan back to tell them to forget it I fixed it myself. Nissan says - "Oh I see in the system they've issued you a refund check." I said - "Guess you better call your bank and pay the stop payment fee like I just had to do!" Apparently they didn't. I get the refund check in the mail and ignore it.

I'm sick of being put on hold and having to call them every damn day at this point. WELL - because I did the stop payment - per Nissan's advice - AND they sent a refund check the system reversed the September payment that they took without my permission, and the SECOND August payment! So now the system shows that I haven't paid since July.

To recap - $325 + $325 taken in August - refund of $325 never received yet recorded in system manually by person who said I could have one imaginary refund reversed the duplicate August payment in the system though I never actually got my money back (Nissan still has my $650 - Aug and Sept payment). $325 taken in Sept - stop payment reversed the Sept payment. Nissan issued a refund even though I told them I fixed it myself and to stop their check (they didn't). System reversed the Sept payment owing to the refund (it reverses once the check is cut not when you cash the check). System then reversed the FIRST August payment owing to the stop payment.

So - I have now paid $975 dollars in 2 months and gotten $325 back yet Nissan continues to tell me I owe them $650 dollars plus late fees. To which I laughed hysterically in their ear and hung up. I took some shots and called back and I FINALLY get a supervisor which I have asked to speak to no less than 6 times since August and I break it all down for her repeatedly until she understands what has occurred. She says - deposit the check in my account and make a $655 payment to fix the September payment and pay October.

+325 Aug 1. +325 Aug 2 (should count toward Sept). +325 Sept. -325 Refund (for Sept payment taken which is now a double). + 655 Pay Sept and Aug 2 payment that I actually already paid and never got a refund for but the system thought I did). So I stop the auto payments because ** them and do one time payment in November. I get the thank you email on Nov 14, the "your payment is processing" email November 15, and then it never hits my account. By today I'm like CRAP guess I gotta call. I call them and they're telling me how this is a problem with my bank. NO - you are the common denominator. This is a problem WITH YOU.

I told them I will not pay late fees and I will not have this hitting my credit account and that I wanted it in the notes on my account that I want to give them money and they don't want to take it. They want me to use BILL MATRIX which charges 12 bucks to make a payment. Their FREE one time payment method HARDLY ever works THUS FORCING YOU TO USE BILL MATRIX and pay a fee! I'm on to their game! I will keep submitting free one time payments and making notes in my account for the rest of my eternity before I pay another payment fee to this disorganized mess of a finance department. This is the hill I will die on. The end.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

2012 Nissan Versa with just over 81,000 miles. Took it to a local shop and they said the transmission is toast. Local dealer charged 0 dollars to analyze and realize the transmission is no good. Since the repair of $4.0K will cost more than the value of the car, I'm going to junk it and try to get as much money back on the $16K that I paid. I can't believe that a car that is not even 5 years old has a transmission failure! Now that I have done some online research, I am seeing that this is a rather common event for the 2012 Nissan Versa. So why is Nissan not stepping up to the plate and doing something about this? I will never buy a Nissan again and will tell everyone I know about this issue and how Nissan DID NOT back their product.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Sucks and will never buy another Nissan for the rest of my living life. Bad experience from customer service to corporate office. This all started when I took my Nissan to my local Nissan dealer and nothing is ever cover under warranty meanwhile I have warranty for the next 10 years or 100 mile bumper to bumper that I bought through Nissan themselves. My car is 2 years old with 25,000 miles and my headlights are starting to peel which means The car is very hard to drive at night time.

Sometimes I feel that I might get into a car accident and Nissan did nothing for me. They just say, “Sorry you’re screwed. If you want new headlights you have to pay out-of-pocket.” Always trying to make the customer pay. My question is what kind of products are they're making that does not even last two years? That’s the problem. My case number is **. P.S. Denis Le Vot sir with all respect your company needs to make better products and treat better the customers because you just lost one of them. Maybe it’s not gonna hurt anything but is not going to hurt me anymore. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I recently purchased a 2018 Nissan Titan XD diesel with the midnight package. Everywhere online Nissan advertises that the midnight package XD comes with a bed liner, floor mats, wheel well flares, and more. The dealership I purchased from was nice when I bought my truck. The next day were complete jerks when I went back to ask for floor mats only. So I called customer service with Nissan and they did not do anything and did not care. Flat out told me I was just out of luck. The truck is a piece of crap. It has no power. It is not a diesel. I do not know how Cummins whatever advertise their name on that piece of junk. Save yourself the hassle. Buy a Dodge or a Ford. Stay away from their junk especially Empire Nissan at Lakewood.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have had to change the gearbox of my Nissan Lafesta thrice in three years. The car has two main problems. Loses power after doing 20kms; it suddenly stalls on the road and gives the check-engine light. Diagnosis indicates problems with a different sensor with every visit to the mechanic which is at least twice a week. I have had to replace the gearbox twice in three years and yesterday my mechanic recommended I change the gearbox again. This is the first Nissan I am owning after good experiences with other car brands. I WILL NEVER BUY A NISSAN AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We purchased a new 2015 Nissan Rogue with a CVT transmission, we also paid for an extended warranty. We have since put 91,000 highway miles on the vehicle. The transmission began to stutter and lightly slip at random intervals. I DROVE it to an authorized dealer (Antwerpen Nissan here in Owings Mills, MD). They told us that after ($149) diagnosis, it needed a valve body and cooling assembly. We were then informed that it needed a new Catalytic converter as well. They stated that our extended warranty expired at 60,000 miles, but Nissan would cover 60% of the transmission work.

After replacing the parts, the vehicle was still doing the same thing and now would not shift out of 1st gear. We were informed that we were now responsible for an additional $1377.00 for another transmission part. Remember that I drove the vehicle there, with NO issues of shifting our of 1st gear. Bill at this point would now be around $3700.00. They have now replaced the additional part (I was not told what the mysterious part is) and again the vehicle will still not shift out of 1st gear and still slips. I have now been told that they will have to try and figure out what to do next, however it will of course be an additional charge.

They have had the Rogue for 2 weeks now, they DID provide a courtesy car after 4 days. I have cited multiple online recalls for 2012 to 2018 Nissan Rogue with the CVT transmission, as well as lawsuits I have found about them. I was told that my vehicle is not listed by the Highway administration as being part of any recall or bulletin. BEWARE. We are adult drivers who are not rough on our vehicles. We are without our vehicle, currently sitting at a huge bill, a broken vehicle that has only gotten worse from the work that was done, and still waiting to hear how much MORE we will have to pay to get our Rogue back.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have been a customer with Nissan Finance since May 2015. I never had an issue with them. I decided to trade my 2015 for a 2018 this past April. I paid $2500 down (which I did have to do in 2015) and my payments went up. However back in July, I ran into some financial difficulties and communicated that with them in able to get a payment extension which they declined. I made payments which weren’t the full amount and kept communicating with them for an extension.

I owed them about 2 months and made a payment on 9/1/2018. They reposted my car on 10/12/2018 and are not allowing me to pay the past due. They want me to pay the full balance of the loan which is unheard off. If I’ve been requesting an extension for 2 months, how would I be able to pay off the entire loan in one day on a 72 months loan. They are not in the business of keeping customers in their vehicle. I will be filing a lawsuit against them and American Repossession. I reside in a gated community with Security at a guard gate. No towing truck is allowed in our complex with Security Knowledge or Resident Approval. They illegally gained access to our community.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My 2011 Nissan Rogue with 62,000 miles on it needed a new transmission. Warranty said 6 yrs or 60,000 miles. My claim was rejected with a $147.50 diagnosis fee and a price of $5,440. Do not buy any Nissan products. Can't believe Nissan headquarters. With all their money can't help out customers when they know their transmissions are all defective.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Still trying to pursue a Lawsuit over a negative life-changing experience which cost me negative and fraudulent credit reporting by NMAC of which I did end up homeless, (my line of work depended heavily on a near perfect credit report) for which NMAC finance/accounting department exercise Corporate Greed to the Max!

NMAC lacks Leadership in their Accounting Department. Will accept Fraudulent paperwork that 'High School Graduates' with ZERO accounting background, are the financier within Nissan Dealership cross country. The Nissan Dealership Mission is to prey on the Independent Purchaser; check / run credit background, even at a great Credit Score Rating, will state Zero% interest, yet Contract at 4.99% interest... Gross financial administrative error! Then, they will overinflate car cost. (Bait & Switch rule) Targeting and profiling minorities. (**s, Hispanic and Single Women purchasers.)

Truth is, the dealership gains!!! The NMAC financial service gains, the State DMV gains, and the infrastructure within the county gains at the expense of the Consumer! As a whole, Nissan Capitalizes on 'good citizens' absent of Financial Accountability by accepting fraudulent contracts by their own dealership!! This action would never hold merit in US Banking or Security grounded financial institutions.

The Dealership will sell maintenance issue Vehicles under the pretense that 'car is without flaws'. While the very own Consumer Protection Lawyer in that particular district eats lunch with the local Lawyer who represents Nissan Dealerships and NMAC! Even the 'Lemon Law' doesn't hold up in Court, to include Consumer lawyers must be paid heavily as a 'kick-back' bonus to steer clear of Lawsuits targeting Nissan. Similar to pharmaceutical Corporations and malpractice suits with cross-contamination probable issues! Those Consumers lack legal representation as a whole!

Still hoping to get involved with a Class Action Consumer Violation on a Federal Scale! Oh, did I mention it's a Japanese Corporation; manufacturing in Tennessee... NMAC Financial Department lacks Leadership, fails to correct issues and prey on U.S. Citizens as a whole! Now, let's talk about tariff issues of an overseas corporate business dealing in the USA. The last I saw, the Yen is stronger than the dollar and we continue to be screwed one way or another...

THINK ABOUT THAT, before you buy Asian based Products. For the love of MONEY!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

If I could give 0 stars, I would. The car is good, and the mechanics are good, but the finance department messes up my account at least once a year, but usually two or three times a year. They don't cash checks on time, lose checks, and then when you call, they approach you like you're the one not paying. They just randomly cashed my check, showed I cashed it, but then double charged me this month. They sent a BS letter saying they made a mistake, but that I still had to pay the double charge. What? Then, then, they listed it as a non-pay elsewhere in my account, so I'm sure that'll go on my credit report. There is no accountability with this company. There's nowhere to even complain on their website. I will never, NEVER buy a Nissan again, simply because of their finance department. Over three years now of these headaches!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I turned in a 3 year leased 2015 Nissan and purchased a 2017 Nissan Altima on November 30, 2017. I only had one car in my possession. My automatic payment from my bank did not get stopped in time for two payments which both went to the leased car, which I had turned in. When I found out what happened in January (when I would normally make my first car payment on a new car) I went straight to the dealership and we both called numerous times about the over-payment. On January 22, 2018 I decided to make a second payment to protect my good credit. All they had to do was to transfer my funds to the new car. They said they would but they did not.

I had an executive lease on the car (I highly recommend this) so I did not owe anything for any damage to the lease. I received a letter from Nissan Motor Acceptance telling me not to make a payment in February (because they were holding $1047) so I did not make February's payment, In March I made my regular payment for the new 2017 Nissan and realized they never transferred the funds to the right car in February!

So, on March 7th I made two more car payments, again to protect my good credit (did I mention I received a letter that threatened to take back the car during this fiasco?). So, I paid March on time and did not pay February's payment because they said they would transfer the funds, but they did not. Late in March I received a check for over all the money they owed me. That was three months of my wasted time and after all that, they still ruined my I credit saying I was 30 days late in February and 60 days late in March!! Worst of all I contacted the 3 credit bureaus with the letter from Nissan saying not to pay in February and the check for over $1047 with an apology letter in March, but Nissan is refusing to allow my credit to be restored!! I've lost out on a 0 interest credit card and have been denied credit due to this and my credit score has dropped from 733 to 705. It is now ten months later and I am still working on repairing the damage they have done!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I have been a heavily vested customer of the Nissan Product since 2005, being a Army veteran I have learned that many decisions are made quickly without complete information. My first Nissan that I purchased was a New NISSAN 2005 Pathfinder, my second new purchase was a New 2008 Nissan Xterra, my third New vehicle was a 2009 Nissan Sentra (this purchase was co signed with my mother Terry ** - I still drive this Nissan today with over 100K miles ) and my fourth New Vehicle is a 2014 Nissan Sentra. I provided this information so that you can confirm that I have been a committed customer of your product and the reason I have stood by the Nissan product is due to not only the reliability, dependability and low maintenance of the Vehicles but more importantly we are a family on a fixed budget like many families and having a low maintenance cost vehicle is that more important to us.

We live in the great hot state of Florida the city of Orlando and having an AC unit that works properly in our vehicle is a crucial component. Our 2014 Nissan only has 34,216 miles on it - yes it is outside of the warranty for the years but the mileage average is less than 10K a year and no one would expect the AC compressor to go bad with such low mileage in a Nissan Product, my 2009 Sentra still blows cold air with over 100K mileage. Up until now I have had no issues with any of the Four Nissan Vehicle that we have purchased and it's shocking to me to have a major component go bad with only 34,000 miles driven. Yesterday I paid $160.39 to have the vehicle diagnosed and confirmed to have a bad compressor by my local Nissan dealership. I believe Nissan should really stand by their product and Recommend Goodwill and replace the bad unit free of charge to me for such an unusual circumstance.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Don't take it! Bad customer service, broken web, incompetent employees, managers that are quitting and credit department with its own world. LIARS AND RUDE TO CUSTOMERS. I had a car loan with Nissan going directly from the bank. (Draft) 2012-2017. In the year 2015 Nissan changed the rules that the last payment must be paid hard check not directly from the bank as draft. Nissan never informed existing customers about it (me being one of them) and this is common knowledge when you call Nissan customer service - they know they did not tell existing customers. Nissan did not contact me until the payment was already 30 days late. Manager at the time swore up and down this will not be sent to creditors as it was not my mistake and because they did not contact me - they had issues with new web that was put in place in 2015 (also known to all of them).

That manager left a note in my account, as that I did not know my last payment must be done by physical check. However, Nissan still reported me to creditors as they don't read managers notes and don't care that this is their mistake. I was never late in my life. My credit score dropped from 850 to 698. There is nothing else bad on my credit, I paid for the report. Nissan credit services refuse to send a note to creditors, but when managers answer the phone, they tell me it will be ok and they stand by their mistakes. Because of their disconnect with credit department my life is ruined. I have never made a mistake in my life. I lived by the rules for 22 years building my credit score and perfect history. None of the higher ups offered to fix this mistake for me. It takes one letter to creditors to get my life back.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Well here goes. Nissan car/van owners beware. Their customer service and warranty is horrendous. And without a doubt they have an issue with the engines, same recall as Toyota but instead of calling it a recall they are simply finding an excuse to revoke your warranty and make you pay for the new engine. We’ve owned nothing but Nissans since 1996. Our 2 year old passenger van with 56k Miles started burning oil. No engine warning light came on, no low oil warning light, nothing.

We brought it to the dealership three times for oil level tests, then they took the van last Monday to do more tests. They don’t pay for a rental, don’t give you a comparable rental so I’m in a 5 passenger car. They then tell us it needs a $12,000 new engine and warranty was revoked because we are missing one receipt. I’ve spoken to at least 9 people at Nissan Corporate. No one can do anything because Nissan Warranty is not “customer facing.” Their decision is final. So, our van will get its new engine. We’ll suck up the cost then trade it in for something new. NOT NISSAN.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I dont know why I never learn my lesson always coming back to this dealership. When I would search for car loans for bad credit, they would always come up. Been turned down 4x, the last humiliating incident, finally got approved through the help of a friend who's only supposed to cosign with me but ended up having the loan under his name only, my name - hopeless. So we drove home and just before the 2nd week, they called asking for my friend's tax returns. Wrong timing coz this a few days before the long weekend. I was able to submit what they want right after long weekend. Now they're saying bank got suspicious and asking for cosigner. I said, "You guys are the ones who decided the loan be put solely under my friend's name, and we kept you posted about the delay on the docs being asked so you can somehow keep your bank posted and now we are faced with this." My salesman said, "Bank said no cosigner no deal."

I said, "Ok here's the key... TAKE IT." So they did even if I already put 3,000 miles in it in only a 3 wk time. What I cant forget is the humiliation of taking my stuff out under the heat of the sun and piling them up on the side of the guest parking while I wait for my friend to pick me up. FIRST TIME that I experienced such humiliation, although I'm a BIG FAN of the NISSAN JUKE, and 2nd GENERATION NISSAN JUKE IS COMING OUT NEXT YEAR; NEVER MIND AND NEVER AGAIN. Thanks Nissan LB. That review is posted on their website. Customer Relations messaged me and left a number to call in case I want to further discuss and get help, but for 4 days I've been calling but no ones answering. I thought they are testing me how far can I go about telling my ordeal, so I'm escalating it to you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was involved in a serious accident which totaled my 2017 Murano (not my fault). I was injured, however, I notified the insurance company and GAP immediately. The insurance company totaled the Murano (which I knew they would). I notified Nissan financial within a few days and shut off auto pay. Within a few weeks I had to replace my car (went with Subaru this time, it's much safer). Nissan received the check from the insurance company for $21000 about 3 weeks after the accident, Nissan is filing the GAP claim. However, Since they have not received the GAP payment within 30 days after I stopped payments on the Murano, Nissan finance hit my credit for late payment (even though they received $21000 from my insurance company before the 30 days late).

Since I needed to replace Murano and I knew insurance and GAP would pay it off. Nissan does not care about circumstances (injured, needed a new car, etc...). They will not wait for the GAP payment. I made every payment on time until the accident happened. Nissan ruined my credit. I'm still under Dr's care and have not been cleared to go back to work, but Nissan does not care. All they have to do is put the late payment on the back end of the loan, but they won't do that. Shame on you Nissan, ethics are not your strong point.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Dropped off my 2013 Nissan Versa for the CVT recall. After I left and got onto the 101 freeway my car went from 60 MPH to about 10 right in front of a Big Rig truck. We crawled toward the nearest exit and went back to the dealer. They said it needed a new transmission and would be 4000 dollars. At 51,000 my warranty was up since it had been a few months over 5 years. They said it was still driveable since I didnt have the cash to fork over so we left and almost got hit as the car stopped on La Brea and Fountain. As I was in extreme distress and by the grace of God we were able to pull into an urgent care lot and the ladies said we could park the car there until we got a tow truck. This was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me and now I am unable to go anywhere as I have no car. Nissan... SHAME ON YOU!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I purchased my 2017 Nissan Titan with high hopes and excitement but all the hype did not last. The driver seat broke not shortly after I purchased the truck and has been replaced 3 times and is process of getting repaired for the fourth time. It developed an oil leak after around 5,000 miles which was a valve cover and was repaired but now has another oil leak and the truck only has 14,450 miles. When it snow or ices the parking sensors go haywire. The computer had to be reprogrammed for shifting issues. The rear end has popping sound when the brakes are applied and the list of issues continue to grow. I have gotten to the point that I scared to drive the truck let alone have family ride with me in it. I have been in constant contact with the dealership and consumer affairs. I and just extremely disappointed about this $48000 golden covered **. I just hope people think twice and have better luck when it come to this truck.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Where do I start. 1) They don't have a person responsible or accountable for overall consumer affairs. 2) They don't have a email add where you can reach out to the Consumer Affairs team. 3) They only talk over phone, but will refuse to write down what they say over the phone in an email. What are they trying to hide. If you are communicating with a customer, what difference does it make if you write instead of talk. Is it because they cannot be held against what they say since no one will have any records of it. Absolute joke. Good luck to those who own a Nissan and need help from the Consumer Affairs. Other stay away. And to those who own a Nissan with a CVT. My prayers are with you!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Purchase two brand new Nissan's back in 2013, a Nissan Pulsar and Nissan Qashqai, both with CVT's. Our Nissan Pulsar blew its transmission at 30,000 KLMS. Our Nissan Qashqai has blown 2 transmissions and now on its third, car has only done 75,000 KLMS! These transmissions are absolutely and utterly unreliable and I will (a) never purchase a Nissan vehicle and (b) never a vehicle with a CVT Transmission. On top of this here in Australia we don't get the 10 year warranty or any other transmission warranty on top of our standard vehicle warranty. At least you guys in the US get an additional warranty but from the reviews online it's only a security blanket, it doesn't solve the problems at hand with these transmissions. Don't buy a Nissan vehicle! Their techs are utterly useless and they do not stand behind their product!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Coming from a Loyal Nissan customer FOR ELEVEN PLUS YEARS, I am disgusted at their lack of care and concern for issues that my recent lease CAME WITH. I just signed this lease, trading in my old one at the end of May. I will NEVER go with Nissan again after my recent experiences with the Patchogue, NY Dealership and Consumer Affairs absolute lack of care and effort to mend anything. Problems at the dealership level have left me going to Consumer Affairs which were of no further help at all. They act as if all of this is out of their hands and there is nothing to do to reassure their efforts at trying to make me satisfied.

They cannot get one person on the phone to speak with me. I have had issues regarding my new 2018 lease 3 months in, leaving it in the shop to be repaired with NO ETA of time it will be done (because items are back-ordered) and ready for me to drive again. Though they did mention maybe some time in October... awesome because I dropped off my car on 8/27. I also only get this info through voicemails because every time I try to call back it goes to voicemail and I won't receive another call until they have their "scheduled time" to call me back. Horrible customer service and quality of care.

My new lease has a safety brake issue where the auto safety break will go off when no one is around, breaking my car while going 40+ mph. Apparently this is a VERY COMMON issue (talk about safety) with ALL Nissan models starting with the VIN "K". So I'd check your VIN because I am sure if you don't say anything about it, they won't either. I have also had the issue of my backup camera lagging and freezing as backing up since the beginning. There was no point to even use it because it was inaccurate and dangerous to do so. My radio has also just decided to black out one day for a good 10 minutes. Couldn't do anything about it. This is my THIRD time back to the dealership where they finally kept the car to fix it fully, even after showing them video evidence of my experiences the second time I went back.

Patchogue has provided me a loaner of not even the same model or year of my current Rogue lease. Which is fine and I normally wouldn't care, BUT at this point, still paying for a new lease yet driving around an older vehicle for over a month has me fuming. I have been polite and patient up until now. The back and forth phone calls that go nowhere are leaving me stressed and in disbelief with this company. I am in shock and SO dissatisfied with all this "new" 2018 Nissan Rogue and Nissan Customer Service has come with. This is my fourth Nissan, third lease. I have NEVER had an experience like this. I am beyond shocked and pissed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

How can the government say rear end crashes will be helped by the very technology that will cause them on the other end? Our 2018 Rogue suddenly started braking, with no reason!! We bought it just a month ago. Was driving 30 mph on a neighborhood road. The car made a loud grinding sound and suddenly stopped dead still. No cars in front or back. No metal plates in the road (I’ve heard things like that, or railroad tracks, even small birds, etc. will trigger the faulty sensor and cause the brakes to engage!). This is a known issue. And is very dangerous and could be deadly. The dealership says they have received no information on this from Nissan, although we have found bulletins issued several times and have printed them out. People will be killed because of this bad technology.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I bought a new 2018 Versa S plus in July. It gets good gas mileage and looks good. That’s where the good ends... The bad, The CVT transmission has an intermittent issue where it vibrates or shudders when coming to a stop. Dealer cannot find an issue. The main seal where engine meets transmission is seeping oil. The dealer refused to acknowledge it was oil (called it a liquid) and said Nissan will not cover repair unless it is dripping on the ground! Really???

I’ve had my oil changed twice, both times at two different Nissan dealerships. Both times they overfilled oil. First time they pumped 5 qts into a car in which the owner's manual states 3.75 qts and had to drain some out. The 2nd time they put in 4 qts and had to drain some out. The incompetence in these authorized Nissan dealerships is bewildering!

I’ve had three 27 point inspection and not one mention of the oil that is leaking from main seal. The green box is checked for leaks underneath car! I will be changing my own oil going forward and saving receipts. At least I know it will be done right... I will not purchase another Nissan product based off of my experience with the brand and incompetent service centers. I will definitely be selling this car before warranty is expired.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought a brand new 2014 Nissan Sentra in 2014. Right off the lot with a brand new 2014 Murano to go with it. Well 20k miles later the gears aren't shifting. My fiancé drives it less than a mile to work and back Mon-Fri and that's all. We drive the Murano more than anything. My mind is blown that I am being told that it needs a new transmission. SERIOUSLY not even 4 years of driving it and just hitting 20k and I basically need a whole new car. I still owe $15k on top of it all. Man they really saw us coming. Walked in ready to give birth wanting 2 fresh new safe vehicles for our baby and that's what we are sold.

I will never recommend Nissan to anyone I know. I tell everyone the worst of it to make sure they aren't being taken advantage of either. I am sickened by this dealership and anyone who has the heart to sell an unsafe vehicle to anyone walking through their doors. Reason of review: Damaged or defective. Monetary Loss: $15000. Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Nissan Company Information