Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their many models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

998 Nissan Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

A nice bug, the Micra K12, 2006, 65ps Petrol 1.2 Engine. I have bought this car from Nissan in Germany, at 71.000km, and I drove it for 9.000km. 65ps, manual gearbox, 1,2L petrol engine. 2 doors, in bamboo green. Lovely little bug. I bought it as an emergency need for a cheap car, and I am quite happy with the purchase. So happy in fact, that I decided already to change it with the newer model, 2017, 1.2L 80ps. But back to the K12 bug. Drove it mostly in Berlin, Germany, and occasionally on the Highway, maximum 130km/h due to the noise and fuel consumption, but drove it briefly up to 160km/h... (slightly downhill probably:).

Pretty loud on the highway, but perfect for the city traffic. Agile between the city streets and easy to park. A bit of a stiff ride at low speeds, but quite comfortable where the road permits speeds over 50-60Km/h. Feels stable and has some power reserves until 110-120Km/h, at high RPM regime, between 3500 – 5000rpm. It responds well to the throttle paddle. The engine pulls lovely between 3rd and 4th gear, 60 to 90Km/h, it feels quite sporty. The 1st and 2nd gear are a bit slow. Never had any beef with, but yet again, for just 9k it should not be the case anyway. The gear box felt sometimes a bit too long, but it did the job. I would have kept it, but I just wanted the newer model. Overall a good experience. Hope the new model will follow the trend.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Excellent service, polite and efficient. I took my car in, a 2009 Nissan, and I was concerned about a weird noise. The service manager checked out the car then and there and found a stone lodged in the wheel plate. Fixed in 5 minutes, no charge.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought my Titan new and had the usual rotor problem and the rear axle end seals blowing out. Nissan fixes the rotor issue without problems. The axle end seal happened at 76,000 miles, just 1,000 miles out of warranty but after many complaints to corporate, they agreed to pay half. This fix lasted about 4,000 miles, Instead of repeating the repair, I chose to use a thicker viscosity rear end lube from Lucas. I also had to replace the radiator but that is common on all vehicles now that radiators are plastic.

If you’re wondering why I give this truck 4 stars, I almost gave it 5 stars, this truck had 355,000 miles on it when I traded it in 2013. Those issues listed above are the only problems I had with this truck and it still ran like a new truck when I traded. The engine and transmission were beasts. I attribute the performance of this Titan to changing my oil every 20 to 25,000 miles with Amsoil and Ea filters. I would have bought another Titan at trade but needed better mpg. Traded for a Ram 1500 4wd and it now has 270,000 using Amsoil.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We purchased this Frontier SV 4X4 King Cab new in 2011. Other than standard maintenance there have been no issues. I change the oil every 5 to 6,000 miles. It might use a half quart of oil in that time. We tow with it occasionally, We haul Mulch. The truck has 78,000 miles on it. I can not complain. I would purchase another one if I could get it with a manual transmission.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I purchased a 2009 Nissan Rogue, new. I have owned this car for 10 years, and have paid through the nose for control arms and wheel bearings. August 4th 2015 my transmission overheated on the 400, kicked into safe mode from Cruise control and almost got us run over by a transport. It was "repaired" with an accessory oil cooler by Nissan two weeks later. Same thing happened 2 days ago on a trip back from Lemington. I have under the 200,000 km, but am 1 month over my warranty. So, I have been in talks with Nissan's customer care department. My warranty was up July 30th. The band aid fix for my transmission on August 5th 2016 has failed 1 month after the warranty was up...imagine that. It was a pretty car. It's pretty worthless now. Seriously think over your purchases....I now have no trade value.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have a leaking sending unit on my 2015 Nissan Sentra. I opened a case report with Nissan Corporation 2 weeks ago, Sept 1, but have not received a call back from Nissan during normal business hours despite 6 calls I've made to the Nissan Customer Representative over the past 2 weeks. Nissan has a recall for the same problem -- on the 2015 Altima and 2015 Maxima -- an improperly installed ring on the sending unit, resulting in leaking fuel. I cannot get any assistance from Nissan as of today, August 12.

Additionally Nissan sent me a letter earlier this year (the letter of course is not dated but I received it this past spring 2019) advising that I might have a "complete blockage..in the EVAP tube located between the fuel tank and the evaporative emission canister." While this is different from the problem of the leaking sending unit, it illustrates that Nissan clearly has multiple problems with defective fuel pump assembly parts and/or improperly installed fuel pump assembly parts.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

New vehicle purchase. Nissan Motor Acceptance called a reference of mine a week later leaving a callback message after the purchase. I called back the next day and was informed it was a verification check. I felt embarrassed. Nissan Motor Acceptance didn't leave a message on my cell which is the first contact number. I believe references shouldn't be contacted unless a payment's missed, emergency, or to locate the whereabouts of the customer. Nissan Motor Acceptance is actually the billing department. My first payment isn't due for another 34 days! Nissan already sent a letter informing me of the billing department and online options to manage my account. My reference shouldn't have been contacted. A message should've been left on my phone allowing me time to contact them back. I'm posting this cause people need to know what they're getting into with Nissan. Just think if a payment's late how they'll respond!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Dear Nissan, for everyone that had a car before the policies changed for the 8 payment extensions to 6 payment extensions you should still honor them because we were told something that is no longer being honored. I understand that it is a courtesy, but that doesn't change the fact that you should honor your word to us because when you say something you should do it. Especially for some of us who have been loyal towards our payments and the Nissan Corporation. Also, we never get anything for being a customer. We hardly get discounts and the service team at almost every location is always trying to sell you another car for overpriced numbers. Unsatisfied.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Don't buy Nissan. Transmissions are going out on vehicles and they won't replace them. I took my car to two Nissan dealerships and they refuse to fix and acknowledge the warranty. Now with my case they won't fix the vehicles and claim that it is past the mileage for warranty. I brought my car to two dealership before the warranty expired. Don't buy. Their transmission are going out.

Original review: June 20, 2019

It's been almost a month since paying my car off. I'm still waiting to receive my title. Customer service is no help and gives little to no information. I will probably never buy another Nissan after this because their finance company is a 3 ring circus.

Nissan Company Information