Nissan

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My wife and I leased a 2016 Nissan Altima earlier this year. My first 2 cars were Altima's and my third was a Nissan Maxima. My wife has been driving Altima's for more than a decade and it's generally been problem free. This time around I wanted to upgrade her features and get her a navigation/infotainment system so she didn't have to rely on her phone and use her data for navigation purposes, etc and apparently no good deed goes unpunished.

Since the beginning we started having issues with the infotainment system. I notified the local Nissan Bridgewater dealership (NJ) and I left the car with them on multiple occasions, but they said they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I suggested from the first mention of issues what it might be, but I was ignored until they finally informed me of the issue, which again was what I had been telling them.

*I want to make it very clear, this is not the fault of the Bridgewater Nissan dealership. They have been very good through the process, but they're hamstrung by Nissan Corp.* So after multiple instances of leaving the car for days at the dealership and many months of continued issues I decided to reach out to Nissan via social media (Twitter). Initially it seemed as if they were interested in helping, but from the first conversation with a "manager" I quickly realized that they didn't really intend to do anything to correct the ongoing and potentially dangerous issues. They were merely going through the motions and it became apparent pretty quickly.

Some more time passed and still they had no fix after I continued to follow-up and try to get this resolved. I once again proceeded to reach out via social media and eventually they finally paid attention to me. However, it was deja vu all over again. When I finally spoke with someone the same exact negative and time-wasting experience occurred. I was given the run-around, told they wouldn't do anything to correct the issue, and she continued to repeat talking points to avoid any responsibility.

Something so simple has been stretched out for so many months and has not only been counter-productive, but very telling about the direction Nissan has decided to go, ignore the customers and hope they go away until it's time for them to get another car, then pretend to care about them again. This has gone on long enough unresolved and ignored by Nissan. It's amazing that after so many years of loyalty that this is how they treat us. Ignoring us, refusing to help and resolve the issue.

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Sentra SR only 8 months ago with 80,000 miles! After leaving the dealership (hrs after) I had contacted the manager to inform her that I felt as if there was a problem with the transmission because of the problems I was experiencing, the car was revving very high while in park or stopped and jerking. It almost felt as if I was driving a standard and taking off from a stop sign in 2nd gear! This is what my car feels like taking off after every stop I make! I have a ton of text messages between the manager and I about this problem. She somehow made a way to make ME feel like I had been driving the car a certain way or that "I just hadn't had any experience driving new cars". This was the response I got for about 90 days until my warranty was up!

I have now only had my car for 8 months and with only 93,000 miles and 3 years old, I am being told my transmission is GONE and this is going to cost me $3,200! PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE FOR A 3 YEAR OLD CAR!? I still owe $11,000 on this vehicle! And while paying family and friends and taxis to get myself and my 2 infant children to and from work, school and daycare, I am now struggling to make my monthly payments because at this point, I cannot afford to mess up my credit! I don't know what to do!! And after reading all of these complaints I feel absolutely taken advantage of, and absolutely no hope for nissan! If you can't stand behind your vehicles then you should not be selling them! I am literally crying reading all of these complaints! It has definitely hit me that I am totally screwed!!!

I bought a 2012 Nissan Murano 7 month ago and the last 5 month it's been sitting in the driveway. The cvt transmission has went bye bye at 120 thousands km so I call Nissan Canada. Gave my vin number only to find out that there was an extended warranty bought and paid for already for that Vin/. My 2012 Nissan Murano. But here's the thing. They got the money already for the warranty but was up to them to let the dealership who I bought it from that there was an extended warranty on this vin and was to be transferred to the new owner within 30 days of purchase which they had failed to do so you went on to have camvac do an arbitration and Nissan sent a legal representation and at the end of it all Nissan could care less about their consumers at all and come good and honor the warranty that they already made the money on and fix my vehicle for me.

So now I'm stuck with a truck that don't run and a loan that I have to pay for 18 thousand and have nowhere to turn. I'm a single father that's been raising my 2 girls for the past 7 years alone. I work my butt off to afford to drive and pay for the car and raised my girls and Nissan has all the money in the world and can't do anything or don't even care. So what I'm saying is if anyone reads this think twice before you buy any Nissan car or truck. They really don't care about the consumer at all and the transmission on these vehicle are garbage and if you research them you will see all the problems on them cvt transmission. I just don't want anyone else to have to suffer the way I have and for through this. Thank you.

My husband and I bought a Nissan Rogue in California a couple years ago. It started having what we thought was transmission issues at about 95,000 miles. We immediately took it to the shop to be evaluated. They said there was nothing wrong. I continued to drive it and kept having problems. We took it in several times and every time they said there was nothing wrong. A few months ago we moved to Tennessee and drove our Nissan. We were in the middle of nowhere and suddenly my car stopped shifting. It was stuck in a high gear. We were finally able to make it to Tennessee to a Nissan dealership in Cookeville. We had an appointment for 8am.

I took the day of so we could drop it off and came back to pick it up later in the evening. When we got there they were not friendly and clueless as to what was going on and where our keys were. Finally they figured out that nobody even looked at our car. They didn't apologize, take ownership of their mistake or offer us a discount! I had to take the next day off again to be able to go back and pick it up when they were done. They finally called and informed us that the transmission needed to be replaced.

The reason my husband and I are so upset with Nissan is because we were then informed that the transmission had a warranty until 120,000 miles and we were actively trying to get it fixed since about 95,000 miles because we could tell it was going out! We have contacted Nissan to inform them of our experience and they don't seem to really care about their customers. The Nissan of Cookeville website states that their commitment is to provide their customers with top notch customer service but that is not near what we received!

We leased this vehicle and it was nothing but trouble. We would go on business trips and returning to car, it wouldn't start. The battery was ok but we couldn't figure out what to do. This happened many many times and was told by the dealer they couldn't figure out what was wrong. At one point the radio would come on blasting and there was nothing we could do to turn it down or off. Nissan did replace the radio but it ended up not being the trouble with the car stalling. This was not reliable and we ended up having to return it early from our lease agreement because it was a LEMON!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

3 weeks ago I went to get my car check at my mechanic place. Everything was fine.. Week later as I was driving my transmission broke and I did drop off at my local Nissan dealership. Next day I got the phone call from Nissan - my transmission is done but I'm lucky was still under warranty which was extended by Nissan because of a lot of cases of broken transmissions. Dealership said I will be free of charge (that was Friday). I had to wait 4 days for loaner car because Nissan needed to send approval - got it. Tuesday I receive phone call my subframe is broken and axle rubber is no good so they won't charge me for labor and axle, just for subframe 1100$. When I start to question them how come something is broken now when day before only transmission was for change and everything else was fine besides transmission on top of my check up week before, they started to be rude and give me wrong info every hour.

End of story for now is they put everything back with new transmission but not axle anymore and frame - my point is I know it's hard to prove if frame is broken or not before you take transmission but I did check up and everything was fine so all I want is meet half way so keep your fingers crossed. Definitely won't purchase NISSAN again and customer service is horrible. I know I can write whatever I want. They don't care anyway but I want people to know and be another one to show how bad they are.

Purchased date:06/12/2015; Model: 2015 Versa S Plus; Dealer: Imperio Nissan of Irvine, CA; Service Rep: Scott; On November 1, 2016, around 9:50 am, our car was traveling in a very slow speed on an interchange on-ramp from freeway 110 north bound to 105 west bound in Los Angeles County. The traffic was moving in a slow fashion on an uphill on-ramp. As the traffic was getting slower, I gently stepped on the brake to slow down the car. While I was holding down the brake pedal, suddenly I heard a "clunk" noise and felt a vibration. At this point, the car started moving on its own without a sign of slowing down. I immediately tried to step on the brake with full force but felt the brake pedal having no pressure at all. Although a safe distance was kept from the front car prior to the accident, as the brake pedal traveled down to the floor, the car continued to move closer to the front car with uncontrollable speed.

At that time, the only thing I could do was to veer the car towards the right edge to avoid direct impact with the front car. Based on the owner's manual, I believed the anti-lock braking system function was being erroneously activated at the time of the incident since the dry and non-slippery road condition did not warrant such activation. And what made things even worse was, for whatever the reason, the car was moving on its own with uncontrollable speed while the brake pedal pressure was completely lost due to a faulty ABS activation, which directly caused the car crash.

This vehicle was purchased brand new on June 12, 2016 and a subsequent recall serviced was done on August 13, 2016 from the same dealer following a recall notice with regard to sudden acceleration safety concern. The liability insurance claim was filed for the accident. The mileage was 8740 at the time of accident. The dealer was contacted on 11/7/2016 and the service rep named Scott was refused to take the car for inspection. I called Nissan consumer affair in TN and a on-site investigation and inspection is yet to be confirmed.

I purchased a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) vehicle from a local dealership. 12 hours after I got the vehicle home it absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. This is not hyperbole: the garage smelled like an ashtray the second morning because the car sat in there overnight, windows up. The entire garage. In the 167 point Nissan Certified Pre-Owned inspection smoke odor is called out as being checked for and "Meets Standard", "Replaced", or "Repaired/Adjusted" (the check for my car indicated Meets Standard). I struggled with the dealership to get it fixed but they stonewalled me past casually trying to fix smoke odor that all the advice online says can't be removed with the methods they employed (ozonator and "bombs"). From Nissan's website: "Can all Nissans be Certified? No." "Most important, pass a comprehensive 167 point Nissan Certified Pre-Owned inspection".

When I called Nissan corporate about being sold a car that was obliviously doctored just enough to not exhibit smoke smells during the sales process but is now undrivable because of the toxic smells inside the vehicle I was told that this is between me and the dealership that sold me the car. I asked them directly: "So you are telling me that Nissan made a CPO promise to me that included no smoke odors and is now unwilling to stand by their customer." The response was, and I kid you not, was "Yes". Furthermore, there was no concern or followup that the dealership was playing fast and loose with the inspections and the how the dealership dishonestly presents CPO cars for sale. Based on this experience I will never buy from Nissan again. It's all promises until they get a sale, then you are on your own. I won't be doing any more business with a corporation like that.

I purchased my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder brand new in June 2014. By October 2014 at around 8,000 miles my transmission began to fail as I was driving down the highway. The car would jolt down the road. I took my vehicle in to be checked. They did a "software update" and sent me on my way. I didn't have my vehicle out of the parking lot before it started happening again. I turned around and took it back. They kept my vehicle for several days and determined a new transmission was in order. The transmission was replaced. I was able to get about 35,000 miles on my vehicle and then the fuel sensor went out. Nissan dealership replaced it but I had to pay for it as it was not included in the warranty. The dealer did pay for the labor but Nissan REFUSED to cover the part and I had to pay for that.

In August 2016, my transmission began to lag. As I would drive in low gears it would jolt and skip. It had a hard time making it up slight inclines, such as a parking garage. They did the "software update" again and sent me on my way. At first, the vehicle seemed to run "ok" but as more time passed the problems begin to rear up again. In October 2016 I brought my vehicle back. It was determined that my transmission had to be replaced at 49,000 miles (This would only be 41,000 on the new transmission). This car is unsafe and jolts down the highway and has even staled out in intersections.

I have asked for Nissan to buy back my car and refund my down payment but they refused based on my "history it does not qualify for a buyback." I do NOT recommend anyone to purchase a Nissan. The dealership has been great but Nissan has not. They do not care about their customers. They refuse to work with me. They don't want to ensure the safety of their drivers. They just want your money. Period. The end.

I purchased the new 2016 Titan XD Platinum... 62k. Within 30 days they offered the 2017 with a standard 5 year 100k warranty and a rebate of $4500 on the 2016's. After contacting Nissan, I was given 1000 Nissan points which doesn't even cover the cost of a warranty extension to match what is standard on the 2017. As for the rebate, I was given an analogy using Walmart as their example about things going on sale. Nissan offered no help for the loyal customer, but big discounts for potential customers. Seems a bit backward to me. Nissan wants to be respected like Honda and Toyota but lacks the substance and customer understanding to be a tier 1 player. To add insult to injury, now I'm hearing that there are turbo issues with the diesel motors. Save yourself the disappointment by staying clear of Nissan.

I have 2007 Altima and at 75k miles the transmission went out. Nissan gave a courtesy warranty extensions for Nissan Altima due to the fact they knew their CVT transmission were crap. I took my car to Torre Nissan in La Quinta Ca where they replaced the transmission because of the warranty. 56k miles later the transmission went out again. This time I called consumer affairs Nissan and dealt with an extremely rude Bernice. Basically when I called them out on faulty products she turned it on me. That I should have gotten my oil changes with Nissan to prevent this. Well, I got my oil changes done at a licensed mechanic shop and oil changes have nothing to do with my transmission.

Ok so I took my car to a different dealership. I explained to them this will be the 3rd transmission. The guy told me they will inspect the car and look into finding out why the transmission keeps going out. I received a call 3 hours later letting me know it was indeed the transmission (ouch $3300) but they were able to locate the recurring problem. The transmission was overheating as the cooling system wasn't suffice, basically faulty design. This was something they have been seeing for sometime now. They suggested adding an additional cooling component as they have seen nothing but success by doing this. No more overheating from what they have experienced.

Ok so an additional $387 to extend the life of this transmission. So naturally I contact Nissan consumer affairs to report the new findings as had the lasts dealership looked into it. We could have fixed it then to prevent this costly repair. Well once again I got a big screw you from Nissan and the same repeated answer, "Unfortunately Nissan will not be able to provide financial assistance on out of warranty repairs". No matter what I said Erick repeated that same statement. So I am screwed because one of their dealerships didn't do their job and look into what caused the transmission failure because it was under warranty.

So as a consumer I get screwed. But at first their excuse was I didn't get services at Nissan and now once I provide them with the information that I got the transmission through their dealership it is cause I am 16k over the extended warranty. All I was asking for was a little help. Screw Nissan and I will NEVER buy Nissan again.

I gave my car for the service which supposed to be under warranty. Initial phone from customer service asking for $300 and later on final bill more than $500!!! For flushing the fuel path!!! The labor rate was $135.0 per hour and calculated for 3 hours. Most of the service person I encounter as novice apprentice!!! And the topping was the annoying service manager (Mike) seems that he was hand picked from. I believe the Nissan business in North Vancouver is very dull and slow and the service manager wants to make money but it's a rip off.

So, I had a broken coil spring on my 2009 Versa. I contacted my dealer and told him that my car only had 75k miles, and I thought it was crazy that a coil spring should break with so few miles. I am close to 70 years old, and I drive responsibly, avoiding pot holes etc. I was told by the dealer that this was not covered and it would cost me $450.00 to replace the springs. Being on a fixed income, I thought that was outrageous. I then called Nissan and filed a report, and a factory rep did check into it and again I was denied compensation of any kind. After much searching I finally found the coil springs on sale for $57.42 each, from another Nissan dealer. I also purchased the rubber seats for the top and bottom of each spring for $21.20. So, with parts, sales tax, and shipping my total cost was $147.32.

I asked one of my family members if he could install the on my car and he said it would be easy, being that only one bolt needed to be removed before installing the rubber seats and springs. I left the car with him and within one hour he called me and said it was done. WHAT, that quick? He said that it was an easy job, and it only took him about 15 minutes to install both springs. I tried to pay him $50 and he said he didn't want to take advantage of me and handed $30 back to me. So I saved $282.68 that I would have had to pay to Nissan for the same work! I also should mention that my step son said he would like to do about 20 of these coil spring jobs a week. They were that easy! I understand that companies need to make a profit, but come on, this is over the top! This experience has turned me from a extremely satisfied customer to a skeptic about future work to be performed by the dealership.

I bought a Nissan about 5 months ago. They were ready and willing to help me in a car. They went out and brought the Nissan to show me. About 3 or 4 months ago the car had places on the hood and trunk of the car. I took the car to the Nissan place in Greer S.C. They looked at it said rocks from the road did this. Well don't you think I would have felt and seen when the rocks would have hit my car? As big as the places are, they would not help me! But if I was going to buy a car they would have been all over me! I took it to a man that paints cars. They said take it to Nissan where I bought it that it was in the paint! They tried to say it was rocks that did it. The man that looked at it picked at it and made it worst.

I told him I wish he would stop doing that he was making it worst! That's when he said he couldn't help me! That paint guy could have charged me to paint the car, but he was honest to tell me that! Somebody told me I could make that man pay for the damage he done to my car picking at it the way he did! I love the way the car rides now but I'm afraid it might fall apart any time. Wish I had never bought the car from Nissan. I'm very very unhappy with those people and the car the way it looks! I can't afford to trade the car or I would, but not with them! My husband died in Dec and it's hard on me to change cars right now. They got all my money!

While driving down the highway, a tire started to deflate. I called the dealership and let them know it was deflating for unknown reasons and they said even though I hadn't purchased the tire warranty that they would patch it and I would have no issues. So I brought it in and with one look they said they wouldn't patch it and I had to buy a replacement because it showed wear on the sidewall. Which it didn't have wear, the dirt was just not as noticeable after being almost flat for an eighth of a mile until I could pull off the highway to put the donut on. It cost me $290, as the rest of the vehicle is under warranty I didn't want to risk any interference of that by having 3rd party work done on it. But even under manufacturer's standards it is covered since the tread wear is 1/32" off of brand new and there was only 8000 miles on the car.

Their consumer affairs dept. called me back and basically said since I didn't pay extra for a warranty on the tires of the brand new vehicle that there was nothing they would do. But yet the tire they put on to replace automatically had a warranty. Am I the only one baffled by this logic? I will never buy another Nissan ever. They are rude and condescending and awful at listening and helping the people paying for their salary.

Nissan Rouge with severe problem and poor customer service. I have bought Nissan Rouge #VIN NO: **. I went for the first servicing on 04/20/16. They have done servicing and report states the car doesn't have any issues. I was facing problem with the car while driving around 70-75 miles/hour suddenly brake light was coming on the dashboard. I thought this is a safety issue and reported to Local Nissan Dealer Airport Nissan Cleveland on 5/16/16. They said they couldn't replicate the problem. And after that I have faced the same problem again and reached to the Airport Nissan on 07/06/16. This time with evidence.

They have done the servicing and returned my car on 07/09/16, unfortunately one day only I have faced the same issue with that car. I am afraid Nissan has not taken this case seriously enough. Is this normal to happen with every Nissan car? Why this problem is keep on coming after 3 times of servicing. I am totally disappointed with Nissan Customer Service. Now whenever I am trying to press the brake the car is vibrating.

In August of 2014 I purchased a year end Model Altima, my trade was a 2011 Nissan rogue for which I still owed 13000 on. I was given more than I owed on the trade. The sale from this point upon hindsight was extremely sketchy. There was no negotiation on the price of the new car. They simply presented you with 3 payment plans and dollar amounts for repayment so as the price of the vehicle was never mentioned. (There was zero negotiation.) We were just simply taken advantage of because of the excitement we had of owning the new vehicle...

Forward to today, we are looking to turn the 2 vehicles we own into 1 vehicle but upon looking up the value of the Altima we would be 7000 under water with its current value. Almost impossible. I can see a thousand or 2 but 7 is just wrong and this dealership is just extremely bad and sketchy. If I were you, I would look elsewhere or consider yourself married til your final payment with what you buy from them. They will prey on you and take advantage of you through their sales tactics. It's sad. They should look to make good on bad deals that people like me call them out on!!!

I have a 2010 Nissan Versa sedan. I have had the service engine light on almost the entire time I've had the car, or at least since the warranty ran out. The diagnostic code indicates a fuel system leak, which has already been recalled on other models but not mine. I am also experiencing fuel pressure regulator problems, which was also a technical service bulletin for other Nissan Versa's just not my VIN number. I'm furious that known problems aren't being evaluated properly for all years and/or models. I've had my car in the shop several times because it won't start, FPR issues.

I'm spending my money on rental cars and inspections of my vehicle while I'm still paying off my Nissan Versa and Nissan isn't doing anything about a problem that is known because they are limiting which VIN numbers to provide service to. However, the dealer who has provided service for other recalls on my vehicle keeps calling me trying to get me to buy another Nissan. I feel they are aware of the problem and instead of offering service they want me to buy another Nissan. I'm disgusted with the lack of service for known problems. I feel these issues need to be expanded to other year makes outside of the bulletin as it is tight now.

2009 Murano purchased new at 109k check engine light came on (code 011). Dealer says that the seal/gasket for the timing chain needs to be replaced. Parts $25, labor $2400. Nissan Consumer Affairs covers 80% dealer covered 10% and I was responsible for the rest. Still not happy that my engine has to come out and there are no guarantees after the vehicle will be in the shop 2 full days, SCARY! Nissan seemed helpful.

On August 5th I wrote a review concerning my tires on the 2014 Nissan Altima with only 11000 miles on the tires. The follow-up review is that I notified Nissan company about this problem and in turn they reimbursed me the amount of the new tires that I bought. I informed them that they needed to drop the continental Tires from their new cars because of the safety issues concerning them. Because of this decision from Nissan to reimburse me for my new tires I was continue to be a loyal Nissan customer although will never buy another car with a Continental tire on it.

A couple of years after purchasing my 2008 Nissan Rogue I began hearing a whining sound coming from the transmission while driving on long road trips. Eventually while on a road trip I was suddenly unable to accelerate. The pedal was down to the floor but rather than pick up speed, the vehicle would decelerate and was unable to even reach the speed limit on the highway.

After bringing it to Nissan they said they would replace the transmission. A couple of years later I now have the same exact problem again. So it seems Nissan decided to replace the transmission with yet another faulty one or perhaps didn't even actually replace it the first time and did a temporary fix of some kind just so that the warranty would expire before it happened again.

When I brought it back to Nissan again telling them the same problem has occurred they said they couldn't find anything wrong and refused to fix it. Nissan is fully aware of the problem as they now provide a fix for the faulty transmission but if course at the owner's expense. That is ridiculous as Nissan should be held accountable for this faulty transmission and should eat the cost of replacing it or installing the fix since they were incapable of making a quality transmission in the first place. I am outraged that they have gotten away with this and can't believe a company should be able to take advantage of customers in this way. Shame on Nissan and I hope that everyone who wants a quality car from a company that cares about its customers stays far away from Nissan as you will be sorely disappointed!

This is Surya. Experienced Nissan Versa for the first time and it was an horrible situation to drive on the interstate which is very uncomfortable. The pick up is not good and the transmission is BAD that you can feel like jumping when gears changes even though it's a automatic transmission. If you are driving in a hot sunny day forget about air conditioning, because it doesn't work even if you switch to high mode. Finally I had a real bad experience in Nissan Versa because of "Hertz" (Car Rental).

I purchased a brand new Nissan rogue. It gets ten miles to the gallon. Horrible mileage. I called Nissan and they made me drive all over the place to dealers to get it checked. The mileage is still terrible. Nissan is telling me the advertised mileage of 23-30 mpg is an estimate only so if I'm getting ten mpg, they are not responsible and they will not help me in any way. I feel lied to, this is my last Nissan. I contacted the attorney general, so far no response.

I had a horrible experience in every aspect of my purchase. I had a truck moved from my dealership's lot a few miles away. I asked to wait to view the truck in person BEFORE signing any documents. I was assured that the documents I was signing were related to the loan and extended warranty and I would be able to see the vehicle before signing. I was offered $2000 off by another dealer but it was too late, unknown to me I already signed. I had to purchase bed extender and was supposed to receive 15% off for my VIP package, negative, paid full price.

I took my truck in for service and spent over 2 hours watching soap operas for an OIL CHANGE!!! Last straw was my driver's door. The door is not aligned properly. When opening the door falls and causes and overlap with the rear door. It closes with some force. I took to the dealership for repair under warranty. I was leaving town for a few days and had to take a cab to the airport to get a rental. I was called and told my truck was ready.

I returned and took another cab ride to pick up my truck. SAME PROBLEM. The dealer did offer me a loaner which was nice BUT upon returning to get my truck a second time... SAME PROBLEM!!! I will likely never buy another Nissan EVER!!! The only reason I purchased this one is that there were limited options. I was driving a 2014 RAM 1500 Crew cab which I loved but I live in the city/suburbs and needed something smaller for daily driving. The only options were Tacoma, Frontier or Colorado. The Frontier won based on size and price. I'm now wishing I had paid extra for a better product and service. I've had nothing but problems from the purchase to service.

I recently discovered that my 2015 Nissan Altima payment is somehow behind on payments starting in March of 2016. The reason this is a problem is I was never notified that I was behind and have been paying my monthly payments on time only to find out that it has not been on time in 5 months. This is also surprising due to the facts that I tried to make a double payment at one time only to receive a recorded phone call from a Nissan rep stating that they see that I was trying to stay ahead and pay on time but you cannot pay a month in advance. That a payment must be made every thirty (30) days at which time I should have been notified that I was a month behind which was definitely not the case. I also never received a phone call nor a letter in the mail stating any indication that I was behind on payments.

We are now in August of 2016 and I am now have 5 months of late payments on my record that will no doubt kill my credit score. I recently set up a direct deposit at Pyramid Federal Credit Union to have the payments pulled straight from my account. So I have been back and forth with customer service which is more like "we don't care about you at all" service as the rep admitted that you don't have to be smart to do customer service which is funny because that is exactly what he is and definitely was not talented nor good at his job.

Anyway after writing several letters and tons of phone calls where they hang up on you I have got nowhere. They have not even asked one time if they could look into the matter and get back, let me see what I can do, nothing. I simply want to know why I was never notified, a letter sent, an email or a phone call and now that I am aware that I am getting burned every month I have pleaded with them for some kind of reconciliation. I have offered to make multiple payments in a row along with the direct deposit payment along with the payment history that shows every payment on time. But in the end I guess it really does not matter to them as I am nobody of importance and apparently they don't make mistakes despite the hundreds of bad reviews. My next step is the BBB and on and on as this is unbelievable and can imagine I am not the first this has happen to and definitely not the last. Keep up the good work Nissan!!!

Had key made a remote to open doors. Cost approx $250, including $60 labor. With appointment, took over 2 hours. After going home, realized remote would not open driver's door. Went back to resolve and was told there was an issue with the lock of the driver's door and would cost in excess of $500 to repair. Should have been advised this before leaving with the remote. I was advised they would refund the remote, but not the labor fee. UNHAPPY with the customer service with no satisfaction. I had to go back and spend more of my time to try to rectify a problem that should have been addressed when I left with the remote. Stefan ** told me they are currently going through lots of changes, new computers, new phones, etc. Not my problem. Take care of my situation and refund labor or meet me halfway. "Sorry" was his response. True, they are SORRY.

DON'T BUY NISSAN SENTRA - I say sentra because that's what I own. Purchased a 2013 sentra and the car haven been back to the dealer more than I have been to the doctor during the same period. Too many problems. As of Aug 16th 2016 less than 34,000K miles: Oil leak steering rack, CVT slips and poor acceleration, Brake noise, Shock replaced below 20k miles, Air bag light - countless, Dead battery - replaced 3 times in 3 years - I tired of telling dealer it's not the battery. Stupid! Smelly AC - Like dead animal, Rear bumper color changed... parked in garage all the time... sun isn't a factor. Work from home. DON'T BUY.

On the issue of dead battery... well I went to two funerals out of the country in July and Sept 2014. Gone for 3-4 days each time. Arrive well guess what? Car didn't start.. In October of the same year went on a cruise Friday got back Monday... won't start. August 12th 2016 went to get an oil change. Got out of the car at the dealer, give the key to the guy at the desk. Ten minutes later he walks inside... "Sir do you have a set of keys on you?" "NO...I just give it to you" I repiled. Rep. replied.. "The car won't start."

Okay... they jumped it... which it started. Did battery test etc... said all is good. Saturday morning it started... just wanted to check. Wife and I decided to go for dinner selected a place... one hour drive away from home. "Not just for the food okay" - for the drive and spend time together. Well after we got dressed around 6pm ready to go... car won't start. Ok I got a jump and off we go. After 11pm we decide to head home, got to the parking lot car won't start. Finally close to midnight someone give us a jump.. it started and we left for home. Got home without any issues.

Next morning 9am sunday... well not even a jump could help it... it was DEAD but I must say it was trying to turn over but it couldn't get there. Lights started flashing, beeping etc... like Christmas. Finally after trying well there wasn't any juice left. I GIVE UP... THERE GOES MY SUNDAY. Called Nissan Monday morning. Customer service said they won't get it towed. I had to pay out of my pocket... that did it. I let loose on the rep. but after apologized to her not her fault... but I was pissed. I told her let a manger called me. They said 24hrs. So 2 days wait... now I used my AAA and towed the vehicle. Battery changed again. Car is running for now. Today I missed the mgr call. I returned the call and left a message....

Went to a local Nissan to buy a car. The salesman went out of his way to help me. I told them upfront that I had a bankruptcy on my credit report. Was told no problem. They wanted to put me in a 2016 Sentra. We finally agreed on the price, and I had a co-signer with a very high credit score that was going to sign for me. On the phone was told there would be no problem that payments would be where I wanted them. Left work early again for the second time thinking I was going to walk away with a car. When salesman came out I could tell something was wrong. He told me that they could not get Nissan Financial to move one bit. If that is way the financial dept is going to be they need to remove bankruptcy ok from the Nissan ad. Walked away devastated with the financial dept of Nissan, so now I'm taking my business somewhere else. They lost a sale on this one.

Hello I'm owner of dealership for past 12 years. I been we sell all models of cars but I will never ever ever ever buy another Nissan with cvt transmission. They are nothing but junk junk junk. Past 5 years I have purchased over 20 Nissan Altima or Rogue or Sentra with cvt transmission. Same day I sell, second day I have to tow the car back to lot. Please don't give Nissan Corporation money even if your car goes bad. Don't make no more payment on piece of ** Nissan junk.

I purchased the Versa from a Toyota dealer; May 5, 2015. After having it for a little over six months the battery went dead. I had to purchase a new battery. On August 7, was heading home from Las Vegas. It was bumper to bumper traffic then there was a brake. I tried to accelerate there was a resistant. It picked up speed and just cut off. I had no brakes. It was if the interlock system shut off everything. At that time traffic slowed down. I turned on my hazard lights and barely get over to shoulder without an accident. It was coasting with no brakes then there was this downhill slope. The speed picked up. I was praying that no other car got in front of me. A car did get in front of me but it quickly got back over. I thought I was going to have to drive the car into the dessert in order to stop it if the shoulder ran out.

I came upon an exit and got off. It was an overpass with a steep hill, that stopped it. Then at that time I was able to pull up the emergency brake. I was stopped in the middle of two lane traffic; one lane coming and one going. I was still in danger of being hit by another vehicle. I was terrified as well as my family. Stuck in the desert in an unsafe spot. Others stopped after an hour and moved the car to a safer spot.

I called the tow truck, to be towed 194 miles home. It took the tow truck over two and a half hours. I was afraid it was getting dark. We had no water. My mother is 81 years old. I saw three other Nissan Versas stranded besides my. Once the tow truck got there and hooked my car up, got in, and had a conversation with him. He said last week he picked up three Versas. They said the same thing I said. Their car just shut off. Took my car to Nissan car dealer in Alhambra, California on Main St. to find out it shut down because of the CVT. There was a recall on August 2015.

On 2013 thru 2015 Versas, I also had another recall on some part that went under the brake. I didn't get a letter informing me of the recall. When asked why not, they told me I was not in their system as owning a Nissan. I said I am a registered owner with the DMV. Don't the two share database? I don't believe it. There has to be a law. So just wait until I have a close encounter or die to find out about the recall. Nissan has no remorse. They told me my transmission need service.

After all that I've been through, you would think they would take care of that? Nissan has this slogan, "Ride in a Nissan with confidence." My first car at seventeen was a Datsun 510 brand new off the lot. Come to think of it, I had it long enough to just pay for it. No wonder they don't make them anymore. Nissan need to be put out of business. They are putting out bad cars that are going to cost many people their lives. They have poor customer service. After all that Nissan called me to upgrade a purchase on a new car, I said, "Are you serious?" I don't even like Nissan anymore. I will accelerate this complaint to social media. I'm going to sue. I will try everything. Even a class action, because I know this is happening to thousands. We can't just sit still and allow any and everything to happen to us. If we don't stand for something, we will fall for anything. I will never buy another Nissan.

Nissan Company Profile