Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
3.48/5

Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

View More View More

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

980 Nissan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 9, 2019

Dec of 2018 I purchased my 8th Nissan through a local used car dealer. I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima with 43k miles cosmetically good condition. At first I noticed it was smoking blue when I would power on the vehicle and the smell of Burnt rubber. As I normally do with all my vehicles I called Nissan to see if it had any recalls etc. and took it for service, shortly after I get low oil pressure on my dash. I then looked at the owner's manual and called where I had my oil change they re serviced and did not notice any leaks etc.

3/20/10 I took it to Rothrock Nissan in Allentown for diagnostics and they tell me that there is oil burning something having to do with the valves, but that I needed to bring it in again for a 3 hr diagnostics at $120 hr (of course this is out of pocket unless it's approved to be covered by Nissan powertrain warranty that the vehicle still had till it reached 60k). I took my vehicle in on 3/26/19 in the morning, at this point I needed a rental to get to and from. I asked my advisor Simone and she says they don't have any and proceeds to call a major car rental co. I called throughout the week to get updates since it went from a 3 hr to a wk long diagnostics and I was told they found sludge in the oil pan therefore more than likely Nissan would deny covering under warranty as that only happens due to poor maintenance. (Really? I'm being held liable for a previous owner lack of maintenance yet I have all my service receipts).

I quickly called Consumer Affairs and opened a claim with them which I didn't get a call till I had already picked up my car on a Tuesday because when I went to Rothrock my car was unassembled and the tech working on it was off. Really??? Wow customer service and having me an answer by Friday of the same week, keep in mind I called the service manager Patrick twice to get updates and no return call. I literally had to show up after work to get an answer. At this point I have to keep a rental 3 more days to my expense (smh). I was told the claim had not been approved yet and I would have to wait till Monday 4/1/19. I called Monday and they stated it had been denied now the warranty was null and void. Lovely Nissan!!!!

I will never purchase another Nissan needless to say, being that they do not stand by their clients, I am now $690 out of pocket between car rental and diagnostics and they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to try and make up for not approving replacing the engine through the powertrain warranty. They should've at least covered the diagnostics then. Tuesday of that following week I get a call from Trenisha at Nissan Consumer Affairs and they didn't even know I had the vehicle in my possession nor that supposedly the claim had been denied.

So now I'm 10k in a car debt/payment for a car that needs a new engine, had powertrain warranty but no longer valid through Nissan's decision and $690 less in my pocket. So much for staying faithful to the brand. AGAIN don't BUY USED NISSANS THAT SO CALLED ARE STILL UNDER WARRANTY AS THEY WILL LOOK FOR ANY EXCUSE TO NOT COVER. The worst part is realistically no used car dealer takes out all of the oil pans to used vehicles purchased at auctions or traded in.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We bought a Qashqai late last year with 68 registration and for the second time in short space of time, my car refuses to start this morning. I was told by RAC man the last time that there was a fault in the car - something was draining the battery. I took the car to Nissan garage afterward for diagnostics and fixture, after which I was assured that the problem had been fixed. To my amazement, my car refuses to start this morning and We had the same problem with our previous Nissan Juke. I will never buy a Nissan car again!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Excellent service, polite and efficient. I took my car in, a 2009 Nissan, and I was concerned about a weird noise. The service manager checked out the car then and there and found a stone lodged in the wheel plate. Fixed in 5 minutes, no charge.

Original review: April 1, 2019

If I could rate Nissan a 0 I would. All around terrible service from the advisors up to management. Brought my vehicle into Pine Belt Nissan of Tomsriver NJ. I had what I believed to be a stress crack across my windshield. The advisor along with the service manager both looked at it, and clearly said they could NOT find any point of impact, obviously with that being said it would be a factory defect. They sent all my info along with photos to Nissan corporate. Who I went back and forth with to have it covered since the glass had NOT been hit. Anyway it had been denied all across the board. Not a single person could provide an explanation on why the glass broke, of course they only work there but know NOTHING. I even asked them if they could Pay half the cost. Again was told NO.

I would of happily taken aftermarket glass didn't have to come from the factory. I'm guessing Nissan knows nothing of “goodwill”. Customer service is TERRIBLE! They can't even do the right thing for their customers, they would much rather lose them instead. Nissan is pathetic. I would never ever lease or purchase anything from this awful awful company again! Everyone else tell your friends and family! All they could come up with was, "Sorry car is not in warranty," spare me Nissan. I will never serve my car in any Nissan service center again. Nissan does not do the right thing and that's the bottom line! Poor product and terrible employees.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I purchased a new Titan Pro 4X and recently noticed a trim piece around the interior door handle is missing. After a month taking it into the dealership, I contacted the dealer and found out they failed ordering the part. Now I have tried twice to contact Nissan directly, but I cannot get an answer back from them. Send me the part and I will put it on!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I am really disappointed with AV Nissan. I purchased a Brand New Vehicle. It was a, too good to be true offer when purchasing my car. The problem started when my passenger side door wouldn't fully close unless you slammed the door close. I took it in for service, 3 days after purchasing the vehicle. The service Rep came out and told me just slam the door. It's not a big issue. Me being me I thought small issue. What the heck, I let that slide. A year after having the car, I took it in for service because the car was giving me problems. Service "inspected" my car and said it was the transmission. Okay... Luckily it was still under warranty so they "repaired" the problem. What I'm concerned is, how does a brand new vehicle, need a new transmission after a year. Anyway, my vehicle has been a headache! I mean problem after problem and here I am again with my vehicle that only has 67,000 miles needing a new transmission.

I found it a little skeptical, so I took it to universal city Nissan. They couldn't find nothing wrong with my vehicle. The codes that AV Nissan claimed were due to a bad transmission were not coming up. They called AV Nissan to make sure the paper work that was given to me was correct. They said they do not want to change the transmission and charge me because if the problem is not the transmission, well there goes my money. I am very upset. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs. I have a case open with them. Nissan consumer affairs agent state they have been trying to reach AV Nissan service manager and there has been no answer since March 07, 2019.

Kiana the Nissan consumer affairs agent called me back. She was rude, pretty much told me there was nothing they can do! Kiana did state she’s no mechanic specialist but that universal city Nissan found nothing wrong with the car so to take it back to AV Nissan. Why would I want to take it back to the place I bought the messed up car. I would suggest everyone to take your business with another dealership. Save yourselves the headache! Please read all reviews before making a decision on buying a Car through Nissan.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I leased a 2017 Nissan Rogue and a little after the first year it's been nothing but problems and I have been fighting Nissan over a year now!! Truck keeps dying intermittently, replaced the battery, still happens, left me out in the cold numerous times, been flat-bedded to dealership numerous times, also gives me problems detecting the key-fobs saying no key detected. I asked Nissan to get me out of the lease since the truck is unreliable and unsafe, and they have been giving me excuse after excuse. I've lost a lot of time, money, and patience with this truck and will tell everyone I know to STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Music and satnav repeatedly keep freezing and als system reboot - I have noticed over the last few months my juke sound and navigation console has been doing the above quite frequently and this is very annoying. I have not added any aux items and was hoping Nissan would have come out with a patch / updated software to fix this glitch, but although there are literally in the hundreds on media including social media, Nissan have not mentioned this or say they have got a patch or even working on it, pray tell me why.

Original review: March 12, 2019

When Speaking to Kaysha today, I could have sworn I speaking to a robot but human like. She kept repeating the same "Nissan will not cover the repairs you need because your vehicle is out of warranty". In January of 2018, I replaced the turbocharger costing $5200 which included parts and labor. Nissan is really proud of their prices! At the time I was told it was determined that lack of maintenance was the problem. I was not aware that a Turbo Charger needed maintenance and furthermore, They have all the records of my oil changes since I bought the car in 2014 so that could not be the problem.

Now, my timing belt broke, damaging the timing belt housing and causing other damage to more parts of the engine. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs to ask them to review the problem once again. They called me back today to let me know that they will not cover the repairs. Once again, I am left holding the bag. I still owe $12K on the car and the repairs will be upwards of $8K.

I have been shysted once again. I will never buy another Nissan again. Two is all it takes for me to learn my lesson. I feel stupid for not recognizing their robotic crap before. I am disgusted with Nissan and they will never see me set foot in one of their dealerships again and oh by the way, now with social media running rampant, they should listen more carefully to the squeaky wheel! I wish nothing but the worst for this company!!! They lie and steal from their loyal customers!! And on top of everything, they still have the gall to ask for a rating! Unbelievable! Well, I RATE YOU (ZERO stars!!!). They make you rate at least one star but know this you idiots at Nissan Consumer Affairs, You don't deserve that Star! You are a ZERO star company!!!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I've had 5 Nissans before. This is my LAST one. It is a piece of crap. The clutch failed at 27K miles and Nissan refused to fix it - wear and tear item. Radio, fan, A/C, etc etc. Will never buy another one!

Original review: March 6, 2019

My name is Tommy ** with Pro Parts Center. We have be purchasing fleet of NV2500 vans from Central Houston Nissan past couple of years. We have about 12 NV2500 in our fleet. Every single one of the van have had warranty issues with catalytic converter and fuel pumps. I am amazed how Nissan has not issued a recall on this yet. For the most part Central Nissan has taken care of my warranty issues until today. This NV van had 60K miles and I was told by service adviser Anthony that it's out of warranty since the catalytic converter has a 50K mile warranty. I explained to him all my other van had the same issues. He advised me the cost will be around $3500 for repairs. Knowing this is an ongoing issue with these vans I wondered why wouldn't NISSAN warranty this one on good faith.

Anthony suggested that if I had done their recommended fuel service then this wouldn't have happened. (This angered me more than the $3500 bill.) I told him I even had brought the same vehicle in around 30K miles and had service adviser David ** check on the same issues. He assured me nothing was wrong with this one and noted on my account if the issue arise after warranty that he would take care of it. After I complained and told them the situation was documented in my account prior to the expiration of my warranty, they offered to pay 80% of the cost to repair. I don't understand that if they admit guilt and will pay 80%, why don't they pay the entire balance. This is obviously a defect and should be a nationwide recall. But instead of taking ownership of the problem, Nissan tries to pass the cost to consumers.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED. I will continue to send this message to anyone in Nissan that will take my concern seriously. This will be posted to all Nissan social media account until I get a response. This is terrible service especially to a customer that has a fleet of Nissan vehicles. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN AGAIN!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

BUYER BEWARE. We set our payments up on auto draft, but it didn't work. We had no idea the payment wasn't being made until it was too late, and now it's tanking our credit. We could have paid outright for the car, but financed it for the sole purpose of increasing our credit score. We began getting calls from Nissan shortly prior to the payment being 30 days late, which sounds like they were doing their due diligence, correct? Wrong.

Their calling system is antiquated and set up exactly like someone committing identity theft, like the spam calls everyone gets numerous times per day. We had no way of knowing it was a legitimate call because sometimes we'd answer and it would automatically disconnect. We'd call back. Sometimes it would answer and automatically disconnect, sometimes an automated system would ask for our FULL social security number (not just the last four of our SSN) before agreeing to connect us to a representative.

Considering we thought we were set up on auto draft, therefore thought our payments were being made, and were getting calls from an automated system claiming to be Nissan, at times disconnecting when we answered, at times disconnecting when we called back, and asking us to enter our full social security number when we got through, it all seemed sketchy. It would not be difficult for anyone attempting identity theft to figure out we are making payments to Nissan, call us under the guise of Nissan, and ask for our personal information. Considering the circumstances, we legitimately thought these were spam calls. Furthermore, we received no written communication from Nissan letting us know payments weren't being made, and no phone calls from a live representative. Just sketchy automated phone calls, like the numerous ones we get each day that are spam.

My husband finally decided to figure out what was going on and called the dealership where we purchased the car. We had an incredible experience with them when we bought the car, which is the reason we bought a Nissan in the first place. The finance manager called the number with my husband to verify whether or not it was spam. That's when we realized these calls were legitimate, our payments weren't set up on auto draft, like we thought, and we had a payment over 30 days late.

We explained our situation, brought our payments up to date immediately, even paying extra, and they submitted our account to the legal and credit department for review, to hopefully reverse the negative mark on our credit. Not only did they not reverse it, the customer service supervisor I spoke with when I called to find out the status of the account was incredibly rude and disrespectful. In all my years of talking to customer service representatives, some are fantastic, but she was among the worst. Degrading words, degrading tone of voice. It still astounds me that she spoke to me the way she did.

I wish I would have read all of the negative reviews regarding Nissan Finance before we financed our vehicle. Like I stated before, we could have paid cash for it, but decided to finance it for the sole purpose increasing our credit score. At the very least we would have financed it through our own bank, it was just easier the day we purchased the car to go ahead and finance through Nissan. BIG MISTAKE! We aren’t done fighting this. If there is a resolution other than our current situation I will update this review.

I’m not looking forward to the hours we are going to have to put in to correct a situation that wouldn’t exist if Nissan Finance operated like a company that legitimately cared about its customers, like Honda, Toyota, etc. etc. Again, BUYER BEWARE! If you finance through Nissan, get ready for a rough ride. Keep track of your auto drafts – DO NOT trust that the system will do what it’s supposed to do. And if you happen to have an issue to work out be prepared to be talked to very disrespectfully.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

If your E-ZPASS does not get recognized by a toll plaza NMAC will get the bill and automatically pay fees and penalties and charge you without notification, plus their surcharge on top. You will not be able to contest the toll or penalties since you are not the owner and will not be notified until after-the-fact. And their customer service people will overtalk you on the phone and shut you down. Very RUDE! Do not get a Nissan lease, it's a scam!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I contacted Nissan on 12/4/18 and spoke with Stacie from Nissan North America regarding my transmission going out! She asked that I take the car to the dealership and have a diagnostics done and they will review if the car could be considered to be repaired by Nissan. Stacie, called me back within hours after learning my car was there and told me, there was nothing she could do, because the car was over 60K the allotted mileage to be considered an option to cover the transmission per Nissan's guidelines.

I contacted the dealership and spoke with the service manager and he told me, I missed the cutoff by 125 miles for consideration for Nissan to repair the transmission. Stacie, lied and never mentioned the 120K cut off... She deliberately did not share that information. She did not try to help, she’s a liar and my car is sitting at Nissan and my car isn’t fixed! I am going to make it my business to pass on the deliberate deceit received by Stacie at Nissan North America... Stacie the rude, obnoxious liar can be reached at **.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have complained to Nissan numerous times about back up camera malfunction. I have even recorded videos and let them see me driving and that the camera shows what’s behind me. My radio shuts down for no apparent reason. This is a 2018 Pathfinder. I hate Nissan and everything they stand for. They're a bunch of liars and don’t keep their word.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Long story short, CVT recall, had judder issues since 50,000 miles. Took car in several times, Dealership states nothing wrong. Check engine light came on around 99,000 miles. Diagnostic test came back with CVT problem. Code wasn't enough evidence so hundreds of dollars later, needed an extensive diagnostic test. Still wasn't enough for Nissan. I had to record my dashboard of the tachometer jumping with the judder. Sent it in and dealership said more proof was needed because I could have been doing it with the gas pedal. While driving I had to now record both my tachometer and speedometer at the same time. Sent it in and woman at dealership never called me for the status so when I called her a week and a half later (of course one of the Reps relays her message as usual because I can never reach her. She never takes my phone calls or calls me back, she tells her reps that she's busy and gives them a message for me).

She stated I needed to call Consumer Affairs to open a case so she could send the video in which I already had a case opened which was how she was able to submit the first set of videos in the first place. Apparently many people have this issue and Nissan should not be in business if this is how they treat their customers. I plan to contact NY State Attorney General and the FTC. I paid a lot of money for this used car and had nothing but problems.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Our 2007 Xterra with a little over 80,000 miles shut down. I had it taken to my local Nissan dealership and looks like 6,000 plus will fix it. I looked up the issue and was so surprised with how many other people have had this same issue. We have had the vehicle since it was new and have taken to the dealership for all maintenance, I wish someone would have said something there if they knew it could be an issue. Oh well, I guess I learned an expensive lesson.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Right After my accident when the brakes locked up and gave out on me while going over an on ramp close to I-80. While in My 2017 NISSAN Rogue Sport while driving through Sacramento Ca. After the accident, I called Nissan Finance and Total Loss Recovery and explain to them that Nissan Momentum advice me to close out of my AAA INSURANCE in the month of May 2018 of last year and they would deal with my car INSURANCE for me.

After Explain and doing so a few mins on the phone with a live rep that told me to take it up with the Momentum dealer himself Who so called sold me the car. I Explain to the rep on the on the other end of the phone that they shut down Fairfield Momentum cars dealership due to business financial problems. On top of all that 7 days later I finally get a call back from a lady rep from Nissan Consumer Affair. When talking about my car accident she start yelling and acting way very unprofessional yelling, "I am closing the case for good," right after I told her Nissan Fairfield has closed down due to business problems. Can someone please help.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I want to warn everyone to stay away from Jenkins Nissan in Lakeland Florida. As my previous post stated my wife bought a brand new 2018 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner. After only 1060 miles the motor blew up after the catalytic converter malfunctioned and parts got sucked into the engine. We have spoke to Nissan headquarters and now they've stopped responding to us. This is what the truck looked like when we went to pick it up. The drive shaft is covered in rust and so is where the exhaust bolts to the engine. Dealership says it normal wear and tear. They're not replacing the driveshaft. They said the rust depends on where the truck was manufactured. It's normal. I went around their lot. No rust under any of the other trucks there. My 2014 Titan and our sons 2014 Frontier has no rust. Not a drop.

Here's photos of how it looked with the brand new engine. That's Nissan. @Jenkins Nissan @Nissan. Share this please. Everything under the hood filthy and thanks for the 2 scratches on the front bumper!! Sad thing is that's the 4th vehicle our family has purchased from Jenkins. Way to lose customers. #JenkinsNissan, #Nissan Bonnie **. Next chapter.

So as you all know, my wife's new Nissan Desert Runner after having only 1060 miles on it. Had the motor blow up after the catalytic converter mess up. They replaced the motor and converter in 28 days. She picked it up and has driven 51 miles since. Now warning lights are coming on and off for no reason. The brake light, battery light, and a white one in the middle keep coming on. We explained we want the truck replaced. They refused and it's just one problem after another. Contacting The Better Business Bureau and Department of Agriculture tomorrow. My brother in law owns a repair shop in Jacksonville. He said they have jurisdiction over the laws concerning these type issues. Thanks #JenkinsNissan and #NissanCorporate.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

2 weeks ago I had a problem with my Nissan Sentra which I bought in 2015 brand new. The problem was about the transmission system. Whenever I drive my car I felt some noise at low speed and increase with speed increase. I reported the case to Nissan service centre in Sultanate of Oman Azaiba branch. After their diagnosis, they confirmed the transmission issue and informed me that they will send the report to insurance company as I had 5 years extended warranty. 2 days later I received a call from Nissan service saying to me that warranty didn't approve the repair and no realistic reason was provided to me. I was very upset how such company is playing with our trust. I now understand the meaning of cheap treatment and products offering.

The people from the service centre looks to be trained more for sales than customer support. I am still waiting for Nissan to check what other option is available to fix my issue. But it looks that I will have to pay from my pocket. The next option I have is to file a case against them in court. My company policy is to buy a car every 160k or 4 years. I bought already 2 cars from Nissan and this one will be the last one for sure.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I recently brought my vehicle in to be serviced due to some noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. After looking at the vehicle I am told that the rear end pinion bearings have gone bad, and that the pinion seal is also leaking and is described as a nonreplaceable part - as such, the rear end assembly needs to be replaced for a cost of close to $4000. Note, I do not have a trailer hitch, and do not tow anything. This seems like a very extreme repair for a truck with mileage in the 80k range - and would seem to be a reflection of the poor quality and craftsmanship when it was built. I've regularly taken this vehicle to the same dealer service department for previous repairs, oil changes, etc.- there were no previous signs or indications that this would be an issue.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Absolutely horrible service from all aspects of Nissan. Summary: Issue was reported to Nissan Consumer Affairs (CA) and I was told that my car was still under warranty. My vehicle was at McDavid Nissan for 5 days before it was looked at despite having an appointment. Due to the delay in inspecting the vehicle the warranty had exceeded the 3 year warranty window. CA changed. Told me I was out of luck but would examine my case for out of warranty assistance. This would take an additional 3-5 business days. 12+ calls were left unanswered and messages left un-returned about the status of my vehicle. 3 messages left with the service manager were un-returned. No loaner car was provided and I was told I would need to pay to rent a vehicle. The 6 hour job took 9 days to complete.

Full Story: I purchased a 2016 370Z NISMO In November 2015. My vehicle developed a water leak in heavy rain on the driver side door. This looks to be a common problem with these vehicles. My vehicle had 33,000 miles and I was told at another dealership that the warranty only covered 32,000 miles. I reported the issue to CA on a survey and was called by a representative. They told me that my vehicle was still under warranty and should take it in. I made an appointment as soon as I could and dropped the vehicle off on a Monday at 4 PM. I was told that no loaner would be provided and that I needed to pay for a rental. This is ridiculous and seems to be the common policy for all Nissan dealers. By Wednesday they had still not inspected the car.

Finally, on Friday they called to let me know that they had found the issue and that I would need to approve the charges. I called to find out what the charges were since it was under warranty, but my service rep was out of the office and no one else could help me. On Saturday I was finally able to reach my service rep who informed me that my warranty had expired 3 days prior to me bringing it in and the work would cost $2,000. I called back to CA to figure out why I was told the work would be covered. When I called they told me I was screwed. Even though I had reported the issue inside the 3-year window, and the exact issue I described was found upon inspection, since the service department took so long to inspect the vehicle the warranty had expired.

On the following Monday they called me back in and said they would look at my case for out of warranty assistance in 3-5 days but there were no guarantees. I told the dealer to order the parts so that the work could progress while I was waiting. The parts took twice as long to arrive over what I was told. When I called to find out about the status of the parts my calls were ignored and when I left messages no one would return my calls. I called over 8 times on Tuesday to get a status update and all the calls were ignored. I left 2 different messages with the service manager and these calls were never returned. I was again denied a loaner car. During the entire process my issues were treated as my problem and Nissan was of no help.

On Wednesday I called again to get a status update, after 3 ignored call and another ignored message to the service manager, I was told that they were still waiting on approval from CA. CA told me they had marked the case urgent, but it could take another day or two. I told them the work would be complete and that I was going to pick up the car because I needed transportation. CA said that if I did that, the case would have to be reevaluated for reimbursement and could change their decision. I told them that this was absurd, and they said they couldn't do anything about it.

Later that day CA called to let me know they had finally reached a decision to cover the repairs. I went to the dealership to pick up the car, but it wasn't ready even though I was told it would be. When the car was finally done, they didn't pull it up, they just gave me the keys and told me to go find my vehicle. I will never buy another Nissan and neither will my friends or coworkers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Updated on 04/05/2019: I bought my Nissan Juke Shoro in the UK 2012 brand new. I live in Spain and had it shipped out to me. it never was a fast car but that was ok with me as I cruel around town anyway. A friend drove my car in 2016, it was the first time I had allowed anyone to drive her. He said it didn't seem to have any power and as there was a slight noise from the engine, took it to Nissan Dealers. I was told the gearbox had broken and it needed to be replaced, €10,000!!! I was out of warranty by age but was within milage. I had to fight with Nissan Spain for 5 weeks. They agreed to replace the CVT and I was to pay €1,000 to have it fitted, I was pretty annoyed but paid.

Less than 2 years later the same thing, CVT gearbox had gone again. That was in Oct 2018, Nissan refuse to admitted that the car as a fault and now want me to pay €4,000 for a recondition CVT. It's now April 2019 and I have heard nothing. I ended up buying a little Opel for €5,000 with very little mileage. Nissan can keep the car, I wouldn't want it back now anyway. The service I had with Nissan every year was a waste of money. I am very very disappointed with Nissan and would never buy a car from then again.

Original Review: I bought my new Nissan Juke Shiro Limited in 2012 and had it shipped to Spain. In 2016 after a friend had driven it, they brought to my attention that it had no power! Nada! To be honest I had always felt a bit un-at-ease when driving my Juke and felt I didn’t have much control on the speed but never through much if it. Especially as I had always serviced my car at a Nissan dealership approved garage and always got conned into paying premium instead of a standard service. So took my Juke to Nissan dealership and I am told the gearbox had broken, a new one would cost €10,000 including fitting! I was just 3 months out of my 3 year warranty but luckily within the mileage. So after 5 weeks of talk and waiting for decisions, Nissan Europe decided to replace the gearbox and I agreed to the €1,000 cost to fit it. It only had 1 year warranty but surely I wouldn’t need another new gearbox.

2 years later, 3 months after the premium service at Nissan... A friend drove my car and said the same as my last friend who had driven it in 2016!! No power! I took it back to Nissan garage, only to be told the gearbox was broken, again. Metal getting into the oil because 2 disks are grinding together in the gearbox... 2 months later, several phone calls, emails and messages. Nissan will only offer a 35% discount on a recondition gearbox €3,998! I can’t see how a faulty car manufactured and badly made by Nissan can be my fault. It cost me over £18,000 new.

I am now out of pocket by €1,500 on rental cars and Nissan just don’t give a damn. I was never offered a courtesy car this time or back in 2016. This whole situation has had me sick with worry and not even having €3,998 to pay for the reconditioned gearbox that Nissan have offered! So I can having to pay another month of car hire cost, I am totally lost as to what to do. The head office in Barcelona that have also dealt with my case have been totally unprofessional and unresponsive to my phone calls and my emails. Needless to say, I would never buy another Nissan again???

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Too bad we can't choose zero stars. CVT trany quit and they won't do a thing about it, even though they have been sued and lost, wonderful stuff. Never buy one, they won't stand behind their product because it isn't bulletproof. Grow a set Nissan.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Bought my 2013 Nissan Sentra Sr used with over 60k car in Dec 2015, long story short my car is suffering from transmission failure, the rpms will shoot up high and drop down low, my car will then start to stall and not want to go any fast than 10 mph!!! No matter how hard you hit the accelerator it will not speed up! I had to pull over before a car could have hit me and once I stopped it would not move at all, not in reverse not in drive nothing! I had to get a tow truck to tow my car back to my house and even then the driver told me that I’m better off buying a new car.

I’m so upset, as to I owe 10k on it still and am looking at a 5k bill fixing it! I tried trading in the car to find out my car's value is only 3k!!! I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs office and was told there was nothing that could be done about my transmission problem, they did let me know there was a recall about the seatbelts yet I can’t even use my seatbelt due to my car being a death trap! BEWARE OF NISSAN AND THEIR TRASH CARS!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Bear with me this a long story, but I took a chance with a Nissan Dealer and am now regretting ever buying a Nissan. I’ve owned my car for a little over 3 months, and 1/3 of those months I have had it in the shop- untouched. Unfortunately, I live in Michigan- where the road conditions are unpredictable. I hit something, and immediately had it towed to a Nissan dealership near me - Fox Nissan of Lansing. This is where they held my car for 2 weeks, telling me they could repair it. At the end of these 2 week they informed my insurance that they DO NOT have a collision center and cannot fix my car.

Look, I know I should have asked the right questions, but I work a 9-5 job and every time I tried to call to talk to someone they were busy, which I understand, but I never received any callbacks, and I received no EMPATHY from the sales desk. When talking to what was said to be the manager there, he offered me nothing for my wait.

After towing my car to a collision center nearby, they inform me one part for my car will take 4-6 weeks to get there. Then at which I will have to wait for them to fix my car. Now, I am in a position where I must loan a family friend’s car for 2 months. I then reached out to Nissan’s customer service to see if there is anything they can do for me. I wait another week to find out there is not ONE single thing they can do for me, NOTHING. Now, I have worked in the customer service industry for YEARS. For me to buy a car and have something misfortunate happen soon after, and must wait 2 months for me to see my car, be offered no rental/ loaner, no free future services, no free car payments, nothing? Now that makes for a very unhappy customer. I will no longer be buying a Nissan after this car. For any new car buyers? I wouldn’t buy a Nissan either.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought my Titan new and had the usual rotor problem and the rear axle end seals blowing out. Nissan fixes the rotor issue without problems. The axle end seal happened at 76,000 miles, just 1,000 miles out of warranty but after many complaints to corporate, they agreed to pay half. This fix lasted about 4,000 miles, Instead of repeating the repair, I chose to use a thicker viscosity rear end lube from Lucas. I also had to replace the radiator but that is common on all vehicles now that radiators are plastic.

If you’re wondering why I give this truck 4 stars, I almost gave it 5 stars, this truck had 355,000 miles on it when I traded it in 2013. Those issues listed above are the only problems I had with this truck and it still ran like a new truck when I traded. The engine and transmission were beasts. I attribute the performance of this Titan to changing my oil every 20 to 25,000 miles with Amsoil and Ea filters. I would have bought another Titan at trade but needed better mpg. Traded for a Ram 1500 4wd and it now has 270,000 using Amsoil.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My husband and I leased a Nissan Rogue as a second car for him to drive back and forth to dialysis. We choose Nissan because of a very good lease program available to us. This was our first experience with a Nissan vehicle but not a lease program. 14 months in the lease, my husband passed. I called Nissan numerous time to work out a deal to get released from the Nissan and lease program. The penalty to get out of the lease is full payment of the lease minus one payment. Much to my surprise there is no death penalty in the lease agreement and basically I am stuck with the car and lease.

I explained my hardship on not needing 2 vehicles with no longer having my husband's income, no longer having a need for a second car, no longer needing to make vehicle insurance payments or license payments. Needless to say, how disappointed I am with Nissan to not honor a death of a spouse or hardship. I have been very vocal on my disappointment of Nissan's treatment and their lack of sympathy of my husband's passing. This was my first and last time I will ever purchase a Nissan vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I bought a 2016 Versa Note in 2016 and while I love my car and have had no problems with the car itself at all - dealing with the finance department of Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp (NMAC) has been a nightmare. It was ok the first few months. They offer FREE one time payment through their website as well as recurring autopayments and then over the phone methods of paying which charge fees ranging from 7 to 12 bucks. They have taken duplicate payments in August and when I called about it they stated they were going to refund one of them - which they never sent the refund out to me yet on the account it showed a reversed payment so the system kept reporting that I had not paid.

As they had never sent the refund and still had my duplicate payment for that month I had actually paid a month in advance yet the system continued to show I hadn't paid August's payment at all. I called and spoke with multiple people who all confirmed my next payment would not be due until October. In September the system took YET ANOTHER payment. Note - this is now $975 of payments that the system is only showing $325 having been received. I called AGAIN and said they needed to get my money back to me ASAP.

I was put on hold for 45 minutes while he "spoke with a supervisor" and then it dropped my call. I call back and of course it's a new person and there's no note on my account about a refund. This person says the fastest way to get my money is to call the bank and stop the payment. I stop the September payment with my bank which cost me 25 bucks and call Nissan back to tell them to forget it I fixed it myself. Nissan says - "Oh I see in the system they've issued you a refund check." I said - "Guess you better call your bank and pay the stop payment fee like I just had to do!" Apparently they didn't. I get the refund check in the mail and ignore it.

I'm sick of being put on hold and having to call them every damn day at this point. WELL - because I did the stop payment - per Nissan's advice - AND they sent a refund check the system reversed the September payment that they took without my permission, and the SECOND August payment! So now the system shows that I haven't paid since July.

To recap - $325 + $325 taken in August - refund of $325 never received yet recorded in system manually by person who said I could have one imaginary refund reversed the duplicate August payment in the system though I never actually got my money back (Nissan still has my $650 - Aug and Sept payment). $325 taken in Sept - stop payment reversed the Sept payment. Nissan issued a refund even though I told them I fixed it myself and to stop their check (they didn't). System reversed the Sept payment owing to the refund (it reverses once the check is cut not when you cash the check). System then reversed the FIRST August payment owing to the stop payment.

So - I have now paid $975 dollars in 2 months and gotten $325 back yet Nissan continues to tell me I owe them $650 dollars plus late fees. To which I laughed hysterically in their ear and hung up. I took some shots and called back and I FINALLY get a supervisor which I have asked to speak to no less than 6 times since August and I break it all down for her repeatedly until she understands what has occurred. She says - deposit the check in my account and make a $655 payment to fix the September payment and pay October.

+325 Aug 1. +325 Aug 2 (should count toward Sept). +325 Sept. -325 Refund (for Sept payment taken which is now a double). + 655 Pay Sept and Aug 2 payment that I actually already paid and never got a refund for but the system thought I did). So I stop the auto payments because ** them and do one time payment in November. I get the thank you email on Nov 14, the "your payment is processing" email November 15, and then it never hits my account. By today I'm like CRAP guess I gotta call. I call them and they're telling me how this is a problem with my bank. NO - you are the common denominator. This is a problem WITH YOU.

I told them I will not pay late fees and I will not have this hitting my credit account and that I wanted it in the notes on my account that I want to give them money and they don't want to take it. They want me to use BILL MATRIX which charges 12 bucks to make a payment. Their FREE one time payment method HARDLY ever works THUS FORCING YOU TO USE BILL MATRIX and pay a fee! I'm on to their game! I will keep submitting free one time payments and making notes in my account for the rest of my eternity before I pay another payment fee to this disorganized mess of a finance department. This is the hill I will die on. The end.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

2012 Nissan Versa with just over 81,000 miles. Took it to a local shop and they said the transmission is toast. Local dealer charged 0 dollars to analyze and realize the transmission is no good. Since the repair of $4.0K will cost more than the value of the car, I'm going to junk it and try to get as much money back on the $16K that I paid. I can't believe that a car that is not even 5 years old has a transmission failure! Now that I have done some online research, I am seeing that this is a rather common event for the 2012 Nissan Versa. So why is Nissan not stepping up to the plate and doing something about this? I will never buy a Nissan again and will tell everyone I know about this issue and how Nissan DID NOT back their product.

Nissan Company Information