2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.49/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Nissan is one of the most crooked companies in the world. Many people do not know that they have been committing criminal business practices for ten years now by fooling consumers with their fancy CVT transmissions that have prematurely failed on tens of thousands of Versas, Sentras, Rogues and other models and it is a disgrace that they have been allowed to get away with this kind of egregious behavior for so long. A class action lawsuit was filed against Nissan, but many car owners never received the details of the lawsuit until it was almost in settlement which settled in March 2020.

Sadly this court in Tennessee and all the crooked lawyers attached to this class action lawsuit really received all the benefits of the settlement but tens of thousands of Nissan owners were left out in the cold because they sneakingly increased the warranty to a random 84,000 miles when many many transmissions have failed after that mileage but still very prematurely. I am one of those victims and had I known about the crookedness of this disgusting company I would have never purchased my 2015 Sentra from Hertz. My transmission started showing failure issues at approximately 70,000 miles, but it finally totally failed at 99,000 miles. I only found out about the class action lawsuit because of the research I was doing online and taking the car to a repair service to find out it had failed. I petitioned the court and objected to the settlement, but because there were only a few of us who objected, the judge denied the objection.

I am not done with this, but because of the pandemic, I am not able to reach the news media investigative teams to report this crookery. It is an unconscionable act that Nissan has duped 100s of thousands of customers the last ten years. I intend on writing to the newspapers to further expose these crooks. They do not deserve being in business, and if people knew how the company was run and their ex CEO is an international fugitive, people maybe would stop buying their cars. Adding insult to injury I just received a disgusting piece of mail that Nissan has been forced to send to Nissan owners extending this disgusting warranty only because they were mandated to do so.

What about the other 100s of thousands of customers who already got screwed? And furthermore, they have made it so repair services can't rebuild them, they have to purchase an already rebuilt transmission probably from a company that is connected to them. The cost is prohibitive for most of us, a whopping $4,000. My poor car has been sitting outside unable to be driven for seven months now and furthermore these cars will have no resale value due to the criminal business practices of Nissan. Couldn't get any worse than this!

Original review: July 30, 2020

Never lease a car from Nissan!!! I leased a car from Nissan, made all my payments, had inspection done (car was in excellent condition), I was 10,000 miles under my allowance, and they send me a bill for $420 just because I turned the car in at the end of the lease and didn't get another Nissan!!!! They say there is no way around this fee unless you get another Nissan!!! GREAT way to do business!??? I will NEVER buy or lease a Nissan again! None of this was told to me when I leased the car. I am at a loss for words.... Just wanted to pass this information along so that it doesn't happen to anyone else. TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Nissan extended their CVT transmission warranty from 60,000 miles to 120,000 miles on the Nissan Versa because they knew about the transmission failures. My Nissan Versa transmission died at 132,000 and Nissan said they wouldn't do anything about it. When they thought I was going to hire a lawyer they seemed very responsive. I didn't hire a lawyer unfortunately and Nissan didn't provide any support for the problem. I had to pay over $4,000 to put in a refurbished transmission. The cruise control and the tire light stopped working a long time ago also. They should have covered at least some of the cost of the transmission because they knew about the failures. My previous car which was a Nissan Quest didn't have any transmission problems so I expected similar results and was disappointed with the Versa.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I purchased my Nissan Sentra (2013) in 2016 and have been a responsible owner and performed regular maintenance on the vehicle. This past March 2020 my vehicle made a complete stop as I was going 60mph on the highway, the vehicle remained on and did not move in any gear and it is strange since I had barely reached 70k miles (which is not a lot for a transmission to fail). I called a trusted mechanic which advised me this type of vehicles are known for this type of problems. Called the Nissan and explained my situation, they insisted on having their own dealership take a look at it, I told them it was the transmission and was willing to give them the codes the mechanic gave me, all I wanted to know if they were willing to help, but they kept insisting that in order for them to offer me any type of assistance I would have to tow it (at my own expense) to their dealership and pay them $150 for a diagnosis.

After I spent all the money I had to tow it, they reviewed it and determined it was the transmission (who knew?) then I was informed Nissan would not cover any repair and not only was I billed for $150 for the diagnosis, but also $500 for hrs of labor. Nissan claims that since vehicle is barely outside of warranty (which they knew before I took it to them), they won't cover anything. Upon research I found out they have been made aware of this problem and even settled on a major class action lawsuit just 2 months ago for failure on their cvt transmission. Wonder how many deaths and accidents they are responsible for? If they know they have this problem, why not do a recall on this type of vehicles? Pure trash!!! Now I'm stuck with a $4000 repair bill for a car I am still financing.

Original review: April 30, 2020

The salesman troy said my credit wasn't good, only qualified for the Nissan Rogue, I could get refinanced in 3 months to lower my payment. The finance guy ran my credit 15 times without my permission and he won't remove the it by calling the credit bureaus. He had me sign the papers for a lender only to call me a week later and say the deal fell thru. Come back in and resign. When I refused and said I wanted to cancel the deal, he became loud and disgruntled. He said, "You can't change your mind and we already sold your vehicle." I tried to refinance 3 months later and was told by the lender they don't do refinance on their loans. Now I am stuck with a high payment.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Nissan has known their transmissions were faulty and yet did not make the consumers aware. When our transmission had to be replaced, their response was for us to join the class action lawsuit. We paid $3500 for the replacement to Nissan and they couldn't offer to pay at least half. Only offered us lip service. We are very good car owners and usually keep our cars a long time without major repairs. Never Nissan again. We are not unique, hence the reason of the class action suit.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Done in a timely manner. Kept me apprised as the repairs went along. Checked to see if anymore could be done for me. If any issues came to let me know and get my opinion. Check out was easy and car was washed and the inside always had paper on seats and floor so it did not get dirty from the work they did. They smiled and I went on my way.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Don't get electrical work done at dealer. The dealer can't find anything wrong. I have to jump start my car every time I need to go anywhere. They told me there is no problem with my battery and alternator.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Purchased new Nissan Juke 2016 with CVT transmission. The transmission was bad from day one and family and passengers would notice, but I loved how the car looks. Come February 2020 and the vehicle literally stopped in the middle of the highway, very dangerous but I turned the engine off, restarted and moved to the shoulder. Took it to a dealership and was quoted $4890 for repairs. The vehicle has been sitting at Sterling McCall Nissan waiting to be repaired. I follow up every day with the service department and they claim Nissan North America has not shipped the part. I drive for Uber and for a month now I haven't worked a day losing income, time and causing psychological damage. Given there's a class action on defective CVT transmission in the Nissan Juke, Nissan should do the right thing and foot the bill for my repairs. I believe Nissan sold lemon cars to consumers and are not prepared to fix the mistake.

Original review: March 6, 2020

The rudest people. Don’t get even a little behind. They hound you daily starting at 8 am, and continue several times a day. I literally just made a payment to get caught up, but because it didn’t cover 100% (not even 30 days past yet), I get an ignorant, barely understandable rep berating me at 8 in the morning. A daily occurrence. Greedy, condescending and arrogant people.

Nissan Company Information