3.3/5 (3448 ratings)
Get Pricing on Carvana

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I had my car towed to the local dealership because the CVT transmission failed under warranty. That was on 8/17/22. Here it is 9/16/22. Nothing but lies from their consumer affairs division as to when the replacement transmission would be shipped and when a reimbursement check for my expenses would be sent. Dealing with corporate headquarters is a total nightmare. They have had my car for over a month and still no time frame for repair. I have emailed the CEO of the company as well as their alleged "Customer Satisfaction Specialist." No response. They won't transfer calls to anyone in the office, the operator tells you they only communicate by email. I would give them ZERO stars if that was possible.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I paid off my car loan around Marsh, 2022. We're now in September. It's been almost 7 months, and still no title. Every time I call them, they say "Maybe your title is held by the secretary of State". Well, when I was paying off my car loan, I was paying such money to you, not to the Secretary of State. It's your responsibility to make sure my title is mailed to me. You can't just get all your loan money, then ask me to go look for my title somewhere else. It's simple. I pay off the loan, you mail me the title. It's been a very bad experience with you. No more Nissan cars for me.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Have contacted Nissan many times about a quality issue on a 2022 Nissan Frontier and dealer not responding to fix issue. This has been at least a dozen times over the past month. I have asked this to be escalated many times, have requested to speak to Managers to be refused. And now the case manager Tyler ** is on vacation for a week. This is a very serious matter and he is a total failure. Unacceptable behavior Nissan and Tyler.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I sent a check from my bank to pay off my lease over a month ago. I called and was told to wait a whole month for the check to be processed. Waited and called again and was told check was not received. Waited another week called again and now I am told that check was received a month ago but was sent back to me because it was missing a signature. No courtesy call to let me know it was received or that it was missing a signature. However I get a call from the dealer every day to go and get a new car. Lesson learn. I won't be doing business with Nissan Finance ever again. Awful customer service.

Original review: July 26, 2022

My wife and I live on a dirt road. We are also foster parents. We were in the market for a passenger van. After watching several videos about the ruggedness of the Nissan NV, we decided on it. Their advertisements show not only the NV, but nearly all of their vehicles driving through the desert. Cool, the dirt road shouldn't be an issue then. Not the case. We started having engine issues with the van and Nissan refused to repair it due to dirt/sand/dust. Nowhere in the warranty does it mention not covering repairs due to those things. It does say "other environment conditions" though and Nissan will use that to not honor the warranty. We have gone back and forth with them for nearly a year. It recently got escalated to an "Executive Specialist".

The "Executive Specialist" Jeremy called me back today. Apparently it is acceptable for Nissan to advertise the Nissan NV as having been tested under extreme conditions, driven through the desert and as an extremely rugged vehicle. Apparently there are flaws in Nissan's engine and emission systems that make them extremely sensitive to sand and dirt. Not exactly the most rugged vehicles as they have advertised. This next bit is interesting. Jeremy stated nothing will be covered under warranty, because the warranty doesn't cover environmental issues.

Here is what the warranty states: "This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion resulting from or caused by: Stone chipping, chemical fallout (acid rain), tree sap, salt, hail, windstorm, lightning, flood or other environmental conditions." Notice that there was not a mention of sand, dirt or dust. Apparently Nissan feels they can advertise their vehicles driving through the desert, but consider dirt "other environment conditions" if they think dirt caused an issue. That is hilarious. Stay away from Nissan vehicles.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I have been a loyal Nissan owner of several Nissans since 2010. No more! I purchased two Nissan vehicles for my business in 2018. Have maybe put 30,000 miles on each. The Nissan Versa has failed on several occasions, most recently the main (only) fan in the car failed causing overheating and bad A/C. I took it to their service department like I always have. The quote was astronomical (twice the price of mechanics in the area). But that's not the issue. The mechanic told me to call their consumer affairs division and they would comp it. Ok. Great! Not.

I got 2 to 3 weeks of run-around. Always an excuse. Couldn't wait anymore for this nonsense to unfold, so I took the car to get repairs somewhere else and told the nice lady at Consumer affairs that I was going to take it elsewhere and they lost a loyal customer. She didn't seem to care. I'm done with Nissan. Won't buy another. You should think twice too!

Original review: July 20, 2022

We bought a Nissan Sentra in 2018. We were approved through the loan through Nissan Financial. The day we bought it the salesperson said our first payment wouldn't be for 45 days. Well apparently they didn't add that little note in their paperwork. We have been harassed nearly every single week for the past 4 years about the late payment. We told them what the salesperson told us but they wouldn't listen. So we went ahead and just paid the extra note. We paid online and got a confirmation number with the payment. They called again every so often saying we were 2 months behind.

We argued this with them, but they still didn't listen. This went on for 2 years. We would pay 2-3 notes per month but their system didn't "recognize" it as several payments. So they tell us for another 2 years that we were 3 months behind. We couldn't trade it in because we were still upside down on payments. So for those 2 years we constantly fought with them about being 3 months behind. We finally asked them to go over our payment history with us because we had all the paperwork from payments and even our bank statement showing where the payments were taken out. They then told us that their system only goes back a few months. So my question was, if it only goes back a few months, then how do you know we are 3 months behind? They couldn't answer us.

So this last time we got a bill for $1500 (3 months plus fees) they would not let us make a payment until we paid $1000 upfront. So we were FINALLY even on our payments and decided to trade it in. We had paid $10,000 and still owed $10,000. Luckily the dealership we went to took the car off of our hands. They STILL called today about missing 3 months and my husband told them we traded it off and they were so rude about it. The dealership we went through said they would have the car paid off in 10 days. So he told them that and hung up. PLEASE do not let Nissan finance your car! A friend of mine went through the exact same thing with them. Not to mention, we bought the car BRAND NEW with only 14 miles on it. Within the 1st year we had plastic parts falling off of the car on the inside and after the 4 year anniversary the transmission sounded like it wanted to go out. We only put 25,000 miles on the car.

Original review: June 22, 2022

If you are looking to buy a Nissan Truck think twice. I have been waiting for 5 months to get a replacement seat belt for the driver's seat. I contacted the Regional Consumer Affairs department at Nissan and opened a case number several weeks ago. However, they keep sending emails stating "currently, there is no ETA for the part ordered for your vehicle. We appreciate your patience and we will continue to provide you with regular updates regarding this order". You try calling to speak to the Consumer Affairs Representative and it goes straight to voicemail. I know there is a supply chain problem, but this is crazy. Think twice before you buy a nissan!

Original review: June 14, 2022

Nissan does not honor prepaid service contracts. They would not authorize dealer to perform the maintenance services for which I prepaid. I was supposed to have a 60,000 mile comprehensive service, but dealer did not get approval. I only got a tire rotation and oil change approval, I paid a lot of money for the contract. Nissan will not respond to my phone calls and emails.

Original review: June 9, 2022

My brother who suffers from a traumatic brain injury and memory loss was sold a car without being fully informed and hasn't had an income other than general relief and hasn’t had a driver's license in over 10 years.

Nissan Company Information