Nissan

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

2013 Nissan Rogue CVT transmission, The vehicle loses power due to transmission overheating. Going at a rate of speed over 60 MPH on the interstate in heavy traffic and completely losing power is very dangerous. I have contacted Nissan consumer affairs with this complaint and after a review they are willing to cover 50% of the cost to place a cooler in the transmission. I did purchase the extended warranty for this vehicle but because this is not an original part the warranty will not cover the cooler.

Nissan has had many many complaints with this same issue but still only willing to cover half the cost to repair. If Nissan requires this additional part on the vehicle in order for the valve cover to be replaced because of the overheating, then they should cover 100% of the cost!!! I am very dissatisfied with this vehicle and Nissan. This is a very dangerous problem with the vehicle. It's a problem Nissan should fix especially with all the complaints they are getting with this particular CVT transmission. I am very shocked and disappointed with Nissan for not fixing this problem.

Had a life threatening experience with my 3 month old Nissan Leaf. It would stall while driving. Took it to the service center multiple times but they were not able to diagnose it. Horrible customer service. I will never recommend this car to anyone in my life.

2008 Nissan Versa CVT Problem. I am crying right now. I do not know what I am going to do. The other day I was driving and took my girlfriend home and the gas light came on. It was late and me being a woman decided to get gas the next day. So I did but when I was half way out of my apts the gas pedal quit working. I thought I had run out of gas so I had to go about 5 miles an hour over across the street to the gas station. Put gas in it and it drove fine and to the grocery store right up the street. On my way home it ran fine and when I turned into my apts the gas pedal quit working again. I have it in a shop for about two weeks and they tell me they cannot figure out what is wrong. They believe it is the CVT. They said it was just a fluke that about me being low of gas that this doesn't have anything to do with it. That it is getting plenty of gas but the transmission isn't receiving the information or something like that.

I just got online and have seen over 800 different complaints about the CVT on these Nissan's. My life is over if it is the transmission. I am on disability and 65 years old. I barely make it as it is. If I do not have a vehicle I cannot go to my doctor or to the grocery store. I have no family. God what am I gonna do. Does anyone know where I can file a complaint at least. So maybe in the future people will see it and not buy a Nissan and be stuck walking like me. Why doesn't Nissan make good on these. Why??

I bought my 2011 Rogue in 2014. Loved it for a couple years. Once it hit 100,000 miles it was one problem after another. One of the rear locks didn't work anymore, my air conditioner went out but the most expensive and frustrating thing was the CVT transmission went out at 112,000!!! WTF?? And they can't be rebuilt, you have to buy a new one directly from Nissan... $4,100 later my air conditioner goes out the next week. Luckily, someone ran into us and totaled the vehicle before I had to spend the $300 to fix this. Stay away from any vehicle that has a CVT!!!

I cannot begin to laud all the positive things I need to say about my Nissan. I have had the car since 2004 and it has been an absolute joy to own such a great car. In the thirteen (13) years I have owned this fine vehicle I have not put ANY major parts into it. I do routine maintenance ie: oil changes, tires, battery (1) one time. Have driven from my home state to Northern WASHINGTON without anything out of the ordinary. Total miles was over (3000) three thousand and all I did was buy gas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

I own a 2013 Nissan sentra. I purchased the vehicle in Dec. 2015 and now my transmission cvt is out. Unfortunately Nissan offered only to cover half which means I WILL HAVE TO PAY $1600. I will put a down payment on a new vehicle than steady have to deal with these issues.

I am writing to voice my complaint about my current Nissan experience with my 2011 Nissan Altima that was purchased in December of 2016. The car is currently only 6 years old and I have experienced a total loss to the value of the car. I have recently had all the locks in my car go out... ALL AT ONCE. When contacting Nissan about my options of what to do; I was recommend to replace my key fob battery and if not that do a test to see what the problem is. After having the test done Friday, August 18th, I was told that I needed to replace all four actuators on my Altima. The price range for this is estimated to be around $1350.

After talking to family members and family members employed with Nissan we feel that the information given to me is accurate and that there is a bigger issue with the car other than this. We believe replacing these the problem will continue to be there due to there being a wiring or system malfunction with my Altima. I am just really upset and not understanding how a car that is 6 years old already have every actuator go out and all at once. This is a total inconvenience and just see so much to spend on a car that I don't even have paid off yet. This experience has honestly made me not want to buy another Nissan in the future. I never expected to have this happen but I have to say it is a huge disappoint and not convenient when you have a push start car.

Purchased a 2013 Nissan Altima two months ago and had 85,000 miles on it when the CVT transmission went out. In hindsight if we had read more reviews we would not have purchased this vehicle due to the number of complaints about the transmission in this model! Only advanced warning we had was that the car seemed to shake and vibrate at lower RPM's and engine would race causing the tachometer to rev at higher speeds. This started about 75 to 100 miles prior to the car losing acceleration. Went from driving with the traffic on the interstate down to a limping top speed of about 25 miles an hour. Managed to get to a parking lot and ended up hauling it the last 70 miles home on a car carrier.

Contacted the Nissan's National Customer Support Center which was of little help. Hauled the car to a local transmission shop where the owner found the pan full of metal shavings and the transmission shot. Called 2 other transmission shops which both offered the salient advice of "you should not buy a Nissan with a CVT transmission. We are now facing a $3,200 bill to replace the transmission. Unfortunately we also have to haul the car to a Nissan dealer to have the transmission programmed or "flashed" after it is installed. Nissan extended the warranty to 120,000 miles on earlier models but the 2013 only has the 60,000 mile warranty because of the "new" transmission. May be new but certainly not better!!

I purchased a New 2016 Nissan Rogue with 3 miles on it on December 13, 2017 from Clay Cooley Nissan in Irving Tx, 3-4 months into the purchase I start having an issue. While driving the O/D light comes on by itself, the RPMs rise, the car revs high and drives rough. I have read it is a possible transmission or computer problem. I have taken the car to the original dealership of purchase and another one to get checked out. They both claim they have driven the car, hooked it up to their machines and don't see the error. But as soon as I get the car back the issue repeats itself. They told me I need to bring the car to them when it happens which is hard because it happens at random on my way to work, school, and other daily activities. The dealerships are either too far to make it or outside of normal business hours.

I complained and reached the sales manager J **. He prompted me to come down and they would trade me out of the vehicle into a new one and keep my payments the same! A complete LIE, I get there and they pump me up, “This is going to be painless. We will get you in & out,” and start asking me for a money for a down payment and try and put me in an Altima which is not what I purchased originally.

After getting upset, I leave in the same messed up car. "NO HELP". Just a full tank of gas and one of the managers says, “Well the car still drives so just keep driving it and when the error happens switch the gear. It'll go off.” So he wants me to pay for a car that is clearly giving me trouble and just drive it and jerk it around and keep rolling! Then says drop it off at service when I just picked the car up. How many times do I have to leave the car and be without a car to drive? I am disgusted and disappointed by the service I have received. This was my first time treating myself to a NEW car and it was a complete mistake. I hate Nissan. The car still has the issue, nothing resolved.

I recently purchased a 2013 Nissan Rogue with 133,000 miles. Seemed to be just what I needed. However, just a few days after I purchased I noticed the engine would power down when taking off. I had it checked out and it was the transmission. I verified with the Nissan dealer and they confirmed it was the transmission. When calling to make the appointment and telling the problem that was experienced the service guy expected it to be the transmission. Seems that it is a common problem with the 2013 model. However, I have since found out that is a problem for 2010. Nissan needs to extend their warranty repair for this problem.

2017 Titan, cannot control the a/c system. Passenger side might blow out 55 degrees and driver side at 90 degrees with the system set at 77. Took my brand new Titan into the dealer 3 times... NO FIX. Useless truck... Can't drive it with a/c putting out 55 degree air.

Since day 1 of having my Nissan Rogue 2016 SL FWD, have had constant issues. Front auto braking sensor malfunctioned the day I drove it off the lot in July 2016. Didn't have my car for 2 weeks, dealership was clueless on when the parts would be coming in. Dealership said they would paid for all the gas consumed in their loaner car for those two weeks and they paid 75% of it. At that point, didn't care to deal with them. Factory tires on the Rogue are junk, so loud on the highway. Acceleration is awful and the gas pedal vibrates. Had issues with something being loose in the driver side door, made a chirping sound when I closed it. Passenger door does the same thing now. Back door hatch makes a noise when turning or backing out of the driveway. Took the dealership and they took it all apart, broke a couple clips for the back trim and put it back on anyway's thinking I wouldn't notice.

Took it to the dealership I bought it at, the Midwest Regional tech and Service manager messed with my back door to get it to stop making noise and said they would order all new parts for it. They never called me back when the parts came in so I just now have them doing the work. Now my steering wheel shakes a ton when braking on the highway with speed over 50mph, it's back in the shop for a second time to figure out the problem after a quick resurface of the rotors. I will never suggest a Nissan to anyone ever again, these cars are junk. Overheard so many complaints about their new Nissans from other customers while I was in the dealership the other day.

I bought a 2013 Nissan Rogue with 65k miles on it. Only had it for 6 months and it started giving me problems with the transmission and its loss of power. Took it to the dealership and they charged me 200 bucks to tell me something I already knew. I needed a new transmission. What really shock me was is that are aware of this problem. The service guy knew what it was before even filling out the paperwork but I had to do the official paperwork either way before going thru consumer affairs. After calling consumer affairs they are doing everything in their power NOT TO FIX MY ISSUE. Never mind that the person in consumer affairs was ALSO AWARE OF THE ISSUE. There needs to be a class action law suit. I got this car as a present. She has a brain tumor that she’s fighting to get rid of and now I have to deal with this. NEVER BUYING NISSAN AGAIN.

TITAN XD – I was very satisfied with my purchase, it was beautiful! Black Platinum Reserve. 5.6 gas v8. Things were fine the first 3 months but then the right around view camera started intermittently work. The A/C would blow cold air for the passenger side, the air conditioned seats did not really cool your tush much. Do your homework, these trucks depreciate astronomically, 53K retail, trade value 29k-36, I had mine 7 months and it had 3k, demo model, I had 8k when I traded. Get out while you can folks. I had a Pathfinder two years ago and it was riddled with issues. At least Nissan is consistent.

My husband has a 2014 Nissan Sentra, he's made all payments on time. Recently he started getting calls about him "not paying". He's even showed his proof of each payment. All they said was "yeah it shows you paid, but we didn't get any payment" and told him to pay more. Obviously someone there is pocketing the money or some crap cause he's been paying. Last week they had his car repossessed for no payment... But he has been paying. He's even told them that he won't ever get another Nissan and asked them if "they scam all soldiers like this?" they hung up on him. He has yet to get his car back and they still won't admit that there's something wrong in the whole payment thing. They said he hasn't paid in 4 months. I have a 2015 Sentra and I'm thinking of selling mine so I don't go through this crap too. NMAC are nothing but scammers.

I own a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE& a 2009 Sentra FE both with transmission issues, the Pathfinder was not a part of a recall with the radiator that did the transmission cooling as well as engine cooling. Radiator developed a crack between the coolant and ATF CHAMBER AND THE FLUIDS MIXED, my car was running perfectly until this happened, then the transmission started to slip. When I went to Nissan they said my vehicle vin was not apart of the recall so I would not receive a warranty extension/replacement or reimbursement to the tune of $6,000 + if I repaired it myself. I spent over $36,000 on the purchase of the SUV brand new 0 miles except for the few I put on it in a test drive. Needless to say this is not an isolated issue, the web is full of complaints like this with Nissan's faulty radiator. Now my poor car just sits, I still maintain her, changing the oil, air in tires starting her, wash her, I paid off the car so it's just a waste.

Then comes 2009. I still have confidence in Nissan even though they screwed me and 4 of my other extended family members with the same issue with their Frontier, Xterra, Armada, and Quests. We have always been a Datsun, Nissan loyalist but after my current issue with a 2009 Sentra with a CVT transmission issue. I'm over Nissan and so are my family members. We have as a family given Nissan close to half a million dollars in vehicles that can't even last 10 years. We are all switching to Honda/ Toyota/Subaru, from now on, shame, I was looking at the gtr too. Nissan can take their failed business and product and shove it. I'm tired of Japanese companies adopting failed American business practices, no loyalty to the customer/consumer anymore after they have our money.

Everytime I see a Nissan I warn the driver of the radiator issue. I have found with one random person I was able to see the oil mixing already when he checked his radiator reservoir with me there because he was confident I was crazy, when he saw his radiator reservoir had oil he thanked me and said he was going to the dealership to get the radiator replaced before it's too late. I felt accomplished but pissed because had I known I would have had the radiator replaced, recall or not, if your radiator does your atf cooling I recommend getting an external separate ATF cooler regardless if it's an issue or not.

I have recently purchased a Subaru and looking to purchase a Honda this weekend, Subaru understood my issue and offered to put in a separate atf cooler with the purchase. I will be asking Honda to do the same. Per Subaru, most manufactures are going that route by having a combined radiator. But I will no longer go this route with any other future purchases, I'll have them separate the cooling or not purchase.

Nissan Rouge - Steering wheel vibration that started 7 months after purchase. The steering wheel vibration has gone from mild to moderate/heavy in the last month. Changing to sport mode or turning off the overdrive helps a lot, and even sometimes stops the vibration for a while even after returning to the default driving mode. The vibration can be felt most of the time while accelerating but is worse at and above 35 mph while maintaining a steady speed. However I have noted the vibration to be moderate/heavy at all speeds. At times when driving a distance, the vibration will actually make your hands go numb and can also be felt in the gas pedal.

My other concern is on two separate occasions while accelerating to enter the interstate while in sport mode, the vehicle hung in a lower gear until the RPM was extremely high and when I let off the gas it was almost like putting the brakes on as the vehicle slowed to the speed of the gear it's stuck in, creating a very dangerous situation in traffic. Nissan refuses to acknowledge the problem and service people say "They all do that."

As a woman having heard of the many poor business practices against woman in the car dealership and services centers, prior to taking my car in for a scheduled oil change I contacted the Lancaster Nissan Service Center and posed the question if they would perform an oil change on my vehicle if I purchased my own oil and oil filter. I was informed by the gentleman over the telephone that Lancaster Nissan does perform oil changes for customers who bring in their own oil and oil filter and was quoted a price of approximately $16.95. Having scheduled the appointment online and being quoted approximately $89 (with their oil and oil filter), after calling and verifying that I could purchase my own oil and oil filter, I emailed the person who sent me a confirmation of my scheduled appointment asking that a note be made that I will purchasing my own oil and oil filter approximately 5 days prior to my scheduled appointment.

I arrive for my scheduled appointment and check in with the representative at the service desk and inform him that the oil purchased and oil filter for this appointment are on the floor on the passenger side. He informs me that the price of the oil change will cost approximately $15 plus tax. I inform him that I am aware as I had previously called and that I would also like to have the old oil filter returned to me. His response was, "Ok whatever you say". Although I did not inform him of why I wanted the old oil filter returned, the purpose in my doing so was to ensure that it was indeed replaced. I handed the representative my keys only for him to return approximately 10 minutes later informing me that he was just told that Lancaster Nissan does not perform oil changes unless the customer uses their oil and oil filter.

This was puzzling as I previously called to inquire if it was possible and received a quote, and also upon checking in, the representative quoted me a price with me having brought in my own oil and oil filter as well. He indicated that the "owner" just informed him of this. I asked to speak with the "owner" whose business card reads General Manager, and he indicated that this is their policy. I asked the "owner" to see the policy in writing and he informed me that they do not have it in writing as they have "never" had this type of issue. I asked the "owner" how it was that I called to inquire of the practice, emailed a representative who sent me confirmation of my appointment, and was also quoted a price at check in upon informing the representative where the oil and oil filter was, that now, all of a sudden it is a "policy" that cannot be produced in writing.

His response was that they have never had this issue arise which is very hard to believe, being that Lancaster Nissan Dealership/Services Center has been in Lancaster for many years. The purpose of this review is to make woman aware of this poor service provided by Lancaster Nissan Services Center, in Pennsylvania and the false representations of their alleged policy which the "owner" could not produce in person. Although I have a copy of the service agreement I was asked to sign to verify the services I requested which note that I purchase my own oil and oil filter, I am unable to attach it as I am not savvy with technology. However, I am willing to take a picture and email it or mail a copy if requested.

Do NOT buy a Nissan. They made good on a car with faulty brakes that almost killed my daughter and gave me a Platinum Service plan. Then after 18 months the plan stopped being honored and when I call Nissan Consumer Affairs to correct the situation, they tell me the plan does not exist. Buy a Toyota or a Honda and hope they are more honest with you.

I have been reading the problems with the Nissan's... WOW... When I bought mine it had 46,000 on it, that was 18 months ago. I dropped my car Nissan Altima 2012 off Monday and since they didn't have it done by Tuesday they offered me a rental for free. It is Wednesday and I just picked up my car. I have had problems with this car from the get go... I am now on transmission #3 in 18 months. They have never charged me a penny and our dealership out here is amazing! I have called Nissan North America yesterday and they said they would call me today by 5:00.

I had leukemia and had a bone marrow transplant, the hospital I see my doctor at is 120 miles away. With the first transmission I would be doing approx 75 mph in the fast lane and all of a sudden nothing. It completely shut down. I have been nearly (could have been fatal) car crashes 3 times. You know how hard it is going from the fast lane to the slow lane with no power. Anyway, I feel terrible for you all paying so much money out. I have been lucky, on my first transmission I was 300 miles from the warranty expiring. I wish you all the best. I am afraid to drive my car now. Fingers crossed for Nissan North America.

My daughter decided to replace her Ford Fiesta 2010 which she had many problems with the dual clutch. She bought a new Nissan Juke 2017 at 417 Nissan (Ottawa, Ontario) thinking there won't be issues, it's new right? The car had maybe 25 km on it when she left the dealer, drove for 10 km and service engine came up (just left the dealer). She went back to the dealer, it took 1 week for them to figure out that it was a manufactured pin that was not pushed completely down. She picked up her car, approx. 1.5 months after, she broke down again, got towed. Now they said it was the wiring harness that needed to be replaced, it took forever to get the part (4 wks). It got replaced and fixed, drove it again for not even 1 month.

This time it was worse. She thought the car was going to explode, RPM going crazy and could hardly go forward, service engine everything was lighting up in the dash, she got towed the 3rd time. My daughter is only 18 years old, making her bi-weekly payments and working 4 jobs. Now Nissan Finance have no problem digging in her account to withdrawal the payment when she has been asking since the 2nd break down to replace it with another Juke. Nissan (head office) won't even return our calls, they are not professional at all. Now the car is in the garage, lord knows what is the issue but service is terrible, not keeping us up to date and Nissan (head office) senior person is supposed to call us back within 24 hrs, still nothing. This is not acceptable.

Planning to travel to Illinois, planning to buy a new Pathfinder in Chicago then drive the Pathfinder to New York State then drive back to my home in Utah. I looked online, found the vehicle and price, called the Chicago dealer to buy. SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK. They told me the online sales price is not for Utah residents, and I have to pay the sale price for Utah residents (we are not talking about taxes and registration), we are talking about the cost of the car. He said; "Nissan assigns individual prices to each State, each State has its own price for the SAME vehicle. Same vehicle, different costs for each State."

Inquiring, "Is it the costs associated in shipping?", he said no. "Is the individual charges from that State?", no. "What is it?" He said, "It is the Nissan Marketing." He then said Utah residents pay $2800 more for the same vehicle so he would charge (overcharge) me $2800 more. I called 2 other dealers in Illinois to verify that Nissan charges Utah residents a higher cost for the same vehicle. I am now looking at other brands of vehicles, saddened by Nissan marketing. After several new Nissan vehicles over the past 20 years, I am leaving Nissan, due to Nissan Marketing. Utah Nissan dealers lost (future sales), so did the Illinois dealers (today). Online buying of vehicles opened my eyes. [To Nissan's credit, he said it protects dealers in the State you reside in and takes that competition out between States]. Bye Bye Nissan. That is called price fixing.

Since I purchased my car, the tires will not stay inflated. I have to add air, every week. There is vibration when I exceed 60 mph. The Sun Roof sometimes works, and sometimes when it closes it sounds like the glass is going to break. The passenger side window sounds the same way. I've taken my car into the dealership at least 10 times since I purchased it. They do nothing about the tires. They find nothing wrong with the car when they test drive it to feel the vibration (on the local streets). As if I don't know at the age of 49 whether a brand new car should have vibration. The passenger side front window motor has now been replaced. On my way back from a customer's - 2-hour drive - my air conditioner stopped working. It was only 97 degrees outside.

Finally by mid-day the next day it started working again. Took it to Nissan. They couldn't find anything wrong. My drive is 10 mile drive across town (30 mins one way) to get to the Nissan dealership. They would not give me a discount on an oil change, a car to drive, or offered me anything. After 10 visits in 1 1/2. I reached out to the home office. They agreed to do a "lemon" review. As I suspected, they say they do not feel it is a lemon. Brand new car, $500 a month I pay to go into the dealership at least every other month. Currently sitting at 30,000 miles. I put air in my tire on Monday - 33 lbs. Today it shows 29 lbs. 5 days. I've had my Toyota since 2001 and had to take it in to get the computer fixed at 140,000 miles. $350. Other than that, normal wear/tear. It's still running fine pushing 200k miles.

The best part, Action Nissan, offered to put me into a new Nissan. At an inflated cost - $600 doc fee, $19k on my trade (which I owe $22k and at the time they were selling them for $25k - which I sent them pics of the ads) and they wanted me to pay $38-35k for the new one when they were running ads offering them at a price of $25,600 which I also showed them pictures of. I had a crappy car and have a very demanding sales job. I need reliable transportation. I have been inconvenienced 10 times - because each time I've had to leave my car over night. I do not have a second vehicle as my child drives the Toyota now. They would not discount an oil change and wanted to screw me over by trying to get me to pay about $10k more for a new car.

I told them I would not even consider a new car if the Nissan that I have worked. I keep cars until they hit about 150k mileage. So not only would I be upside down in my car, but they want to overcharge me for the new one. (I'm in finance - I ran the numbers). Action Nissan sucks, Nissan Corporation sucks. 1st time owning a Nissan. LAST time owning a Nissan. They don't stand behind their cars, they have terrible customer service, and then they try to screw over their customers. I will be getting rid of my Nissan soon. I will continue to spread the word to my friends and family to NEVER own a Nissan. 1200 people will know.

We WERE a Nissan family. 2012 Rouge on second transmission. First faulty transmission caught fire after Service Manager assured us the car was fine to drive. This left my 18 year old daughter on the side of a highway with a flaming car. 2015 Rouge CVT needed to be replaced. Sounded like the wheels were going to fall off. 2012 Versa transmission replaced the same week as the 2012 Rouge. Researched the Versa and it had air bags that were recalled and I was never notified. Called Corporate Nissan and spoke with two separate representatives that could have cared less that for safety or reliability. My daughters were both dismissed by service managers that told them their cars were fine. I am a single mom who has purchased 8 Nissans over the past 25 years. After speaking with Corporate Nissan three cars are going to be traded very quickly!!! BUY ELSEWHERE.

I just paid my van off when I started having engine issues. At 120,000 codes read p1701 tcm wiring, p0746 pressure control solenoid, p1778 step motor, p0868 pressure control module. Is it the transmission? The mechanic doesn't want to touch it. Just wants to change the tranny. I can not afford this. I am single mom. Is there not someone that can rebuild them properly??? I bought a Nissan (2011 Quest) because I thought it would last longer. I have not driven the van in 6 months. It's a total loss if I spend the money and it happens again then I am putting good money after bad. It's not worth anything as a down payment if I have to tow it in. Has anyone got to the bottom of this???

2016 Nissan Rogue: Nissan shop took over a month to figure out the problem over 4 separate visits. Nissan customer service refused to send in an engineer, refused to provide me with a rental in the meantime, refused to let me speak with a supervisor or appeal this in any way. I got my first Nissan 20 years ago and they just did not seem to care that I kept paying for the lease without having a car to drive. Very disappointed in the attitude and experience.

Worst company to deal with. I just bought a 2012 Juke. Less than 50 thousand miles on it the turbo burns out. I had not even made my 4th payment. We took it to 2 different mechanics and were told the same thing. The oil line that feeds the turbo lays up against the manifold causing it to boil and become sludge. I called Nissan and they asked me how can Nissan help you with this? What they were really saying is you can answer our question BUT we have NO intention of helping you. I am out 14 hundred dollars for a new turbo and due to the way it is designed I now need to have the oil changed every 2000 miles so the oil line does not clog again. Do yourself a favor. DO NOT BUY FROM NISSAN. THEY DO NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT.

So I bought a 2014 Nissan Sentra with 40k miles. I learned how to drive a stick in a 04 Sentra so I really wanted a new version after I sold my 04. Anyways. After about 4 months of having the vehicle my take off and accelerating was slow, if not completely gone. It took forever just to hit 50mph and I better not be on the highway because the minute I hit a hill whatever speed I'm going will decrease even with my foot completely on the gas. It was over the time for a oil change so I took it in to get done. Problem went away so I thought I was in the clear but then it came back the next day. I forgot to mention that the engine light and traction light would come on every other day.

I went to the Nissan dealership in Florence, SC where my mother was just incase I needed to steal her car. They ended up having to keep my car for 2 days because the engine lights weren't on and they couldn't get a error code. Eventually they figured out it was a electrical problem and my backup communication system was failing and because of the 2 issues my battery was being drained so I needed a new battery too. The price ended up being $533. I called Nissan, started a claim, and within 24 hours I received a call back stated my claim had been approved and Nissan was going to pay 90%. Whoop whoop.

The only issue was it took 10 days for the dealership to receive their check. Now those 10 days do include weekends and the 4th of July. My claim was approved Wednesday but I couldn't get my car back until the following Saturday. Even though the dealership talked to consumer affairs they wouldn't give me my car back until they got their 90%. Anyways since it was 10 days when I finally came to get my car my tech just gave it to me and forgave my 10%. I ended up paying nothing at all.

I have two problems with this vehicle (2013 Nissan Rogue). It is only three years old and the transmission is failed twice. I replaced the transmission at 80,000 miles and with a little over 150,000 miles. It is failing again. Second, the car has pearl white paint on it, and it is peeling off across the car. Every area of the car has paint peeling off. I submitting a claim and took the car to the dealer several times. Nissan Consumer Affairs refuses to help defray the cost of these repairs, $4800 for a new transmission and $1500 for the paint job. I have filed complaints with the BBB, Nissan USA and the NHTSA. No one is helping.

First my brake module failed which by the way is an $1100. Part only covered under extended warranty... After leaving from this repair the same day I went to get gas and the gas pump valve at the gas station kept clicking closed like the tank was full when it was not. I thought it was the gas pump at the station. Went to another one and figured out that it was the truck. Took it back immediately and it was not covered... In a miraculous coincidence if you believe in those I received an notice from Nissan two days after the repair that there was an issue now covered under extended warranty for a gas vent tube... In the letter they described the exact symptoms I was having but when I inquired they would not cover the problem because it was the valve and not the tube. Sorry Nissan but you don't get a pass on this one. When you purchase a vehicle you should be able to put gas in it no matter how old it is... Ridiculous.

Nissan Company Profile