Nissan

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a 2014 Pathfinder in January of 2017. It was just out of warranty by mileage and the ABS computer went bad. The Nissan Dealership here locally was very nice and helpful and had never seen this issue before. It is unsafe and unreliable because the speedometer, gas gauge, and the 4-wheel drive do not work when experiencing this issue (I live in a snowy area so I do need the 4 wheel drive to turn on when those conditions are present). I would also say that 36k miles and one prior owner with a clean CarFax Report is a bit early for the ABS computer to fail and so I do believe this is a manufacturing issue with the unit failing prematurely.

I completely understand that once the car is out of warranty, Nissan does not have to do anything to help out. However, given the nature of the issue and how recently the car was out of warranty (and only by mileage), I would have thought they would be able to help out in some way. For instance, taking care of the labor or even just giving the dealership a direct purchase cost on the part without a markup. The part is $1400 and the labor is $600. I would have been happy with a minor discount on the repair. However, as other reviewers have commented, the consumer affairs department of Nissan exists to read you the warranty terms. This is my first Nissan, which I bought because of the name and associated reliability, but I will never buy another Nissan after this experience.

I came across the mission of your company on your website. Since months I have serious and justified doubts on this mission. Let me explain: My Nissan Trail (1 year old - warranty) that I bought last year in January 2016 in Windhoek, Namibia has been under repair since 27 August 2016 until today (!) after an engine jamming. A long story of promises by the local Nissan dealer has been culminating in a statement by the dealer last Monday, 6 March 2017: "We are sorry the engine has no compression and we have to bring it back to repair to the engine workshop."

So I am waiting now for more than 7 months for my car with now not any prediction when it is going to be ready. And if it is could Nissan warrant that it is functioning? Engine repair is not standard anymore in Europe, but is overtaxed to customers in Africa. All this questions and more in detail I addressed in a written complaint to Nissan South Africa with not any answer so far. I hope you can address this mismatch between your mission and my experience as soon as possible. A frustrated customer.

I bought my car in Swansea car dealer Bassett on the 27 of May 2016 but the car did not have a spare tire or emergency kit as declared by the dealer. I have been stopped by the police and they told me l was breaking the law. I told them that when l bought the car there was no spare tire or emergency kit and they told me that Nissan as a company was suppose to provide a spare tire or emergency kit.

My daughter purchased a car in November 2016. The sale of the car went smoothly. Unfortunately she got behind on her notes. We had called to give them an estimate date of when the notes would be paid. To my understanding if notes aren't paid in 120 days repossession occurs. It hadn't even been 120 days and the day that we were on the phone which was Thursday, February 23 to pay the notes. We were put on hold for a long time only for the company in which they had repossess the car took the car.

Finally someone comes on the phone with the amount due then she tells us to hold on for the fees. I asked, "What are the fees for?" She explained for repossession and storage fees which came to the amount of $567. I asked more than once. Once this is paid will we have to pay any other fees once she retrieve the car from the towing company. I was told, "No you shouldn't be because what was paid." Only for us to get to the towing company and they are charging us an additional $175 plus an additional 50 because we didn't make it in time to pick up the car before they closed. I am very very upset because we were given false information once I called back and spoke with a different young lady who's name was ruby and she told me that wasn't the correct information. I'm very upset because I feel like we have been taken for more money. If a company pays a towing company to retrieve a vehicle why should we have to pay additional fees?

Amazing when you trust in a brand new car and a reputable name. 3 months ago, we purchased a brand new Nissan Rogue loaded with all the goodies. Then what we thought was a minor Bluetooth/phone problem began. When the person on the other end of the phone talks to the driver (or synced passenger) a nice high pitched whine comes across the phone. This is not heard by the driver connected to the Rogue, this is heard by everyone talking to the driver. A very annoying problem that you would think the dealer and manufacturer would repair or replace. Not, not, not. The normal answers by the dealer - manufacturer's problem so start a case. Started a case and Nissan denies the case.

Everyone says this has happened before and the engineers are hard at work. WOW So my advice to consumers is to be careful with purchasing a NISSAN vehicle and if you do, check out the hands free phone from both ends. If you hear a high pitched whine - run away. Very sad that this company does not stand behind their products. +$30,000 NEW CAR WITH NO SUPPORT!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

In 2014 my husband and I bought a brand new 2014 Nissan Rogue. I thought I had my dream car; little did I know, it was a nightmare car. In the last three years we have owned the car it has been in the shop at least 5 times for repairs that were covered under our warranty and two other times for voluntary recalls. I knew there was something not right with the transmission less than a year after we purchased the car. It made funny noises and jumped when changing gears. After 2 and a half years and many attempts to have Nissan look into the problem they finally replaced the transmission when it about fell out in their parking lot!

Now, less than a month after having the transmission replaced, I am sitting here trying to get the air conditioning looked at cause there seems to be a leak that WAS NOT there before the transmission replacement. Nissan corporate has refused a buyback and I am stuck with a new car that I am still paying for that is still under warranty which has more problems than any used car I've ever had!!

Purchased a used 2011 Nissan Versa with low mileage (66k) thinking that, like previously owned Nissan's, this will last until 300k without any major issues. At 79k miles the car feels like it is loose and swaying back and forth while driving and the service light comes on. Take to Nissan dealer and find a recall and after looking at the transmission, they say we need to replace the transmission because it is giving a fail code. They only want $4000+ for the replacement, more than we owe on the car.

Of course I did my research and see the thousands of complaints on the CVT engine that is supposedly the 'most efficient transmission on the market' and they had upped the warranty coverage up until 2010 model to 120k miles. Great, that doesn't help my 2011 but I checked and it was manufactured in 2010, so I call 1800Nissan1 and complain and ask for help. To their benefit they come back and say they will pay half the transmission cost. Half, for a transmission with obvious issues that they know about but will not recognize officially.

My wife and I bought the Nissan because it was a go-to car brand, it would be reliable, it would not let us down. In the midst of this the neighbor's 2012 Nissan Altima's CVT transmission failed. I hate to say this, having had the 1996 Nissan Sentra for almost 14 years, but never will we buy another Nissan. My plan was to pay the car off this year anyhow so now it will sit as a monument until some reasonable lawsuit is filed on behalf of the people CVT transmissions has left stranded.

Extremely poor customer service from Nissan UK after reporting numerous faults on my new car (Nissan Note). The local dealer has done their best with no support from the manufacturer. The car has the following problems - front wings have been changed after painting. Windscreen trims loose and fell off. Drive belt replaced due to slipping. Front window trims NS/OS not fitting. Front NS seat base cover keeps coming off. Water leaks into rear OS footwell caused by two seam welds being missed in manufacturing a damaged air vent and dented body panel. Air conditioning pump leaking and no gas but very noisy. I would definitely recommend staying clear of a new Nissan of any type.

First of all, thank you for your time in reading my complaint. I am contacting you for help with my 2010 Nissan Sentra. I have been denied coverage on my car with my Nissan Extended Gold Preferred Plus Warranty, and I tried to appeal it through Nissan Consumer Affairs as well. I have exhausted all measures in getting my car repaired through Empire Nissan Lakewood. My Piston Rod went through the Block of my Engine on 6th Avenue. I had the oil changed on 1/17/2017, but that was not the cause to my Engine to blow. Shell Rapid Lube Oil keeps records of all service by Camera and has reviewed the complete service by tape on my car. They are willing to provide that information to legal counsel.

My car was purchased on March of 2010. At that time, we purchased a Nissan Extended Gold Preferred Plus Warranty which is good until March 2017 of this year. My maintenance records for 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 were completed at Go Nissan Southwest which is now Larry Miller Nissan in Littleton, Colorado. 12/21/2014 I have records from Firestone that I had an oil change, new tires, and a battery purchase. Mileage on the car at that time was 27,089. 2/20/2015 I have records of all the service I had done at Empire Lakewood Nissan. I would like to point out at that time on page 3 it states I had a possible oil leak, and they resealed the oil pan under my Security Plus Warranty.

On page 4 they stated I needed another oil change which is a requirement when repairing an oil pan, but failed to list they did the oil change and stated I declined it. They are stating it is an error they did not list it on my paperwork, and can’t tell me if the used my old oil since it was just changed 12/21/2014, or if they put in new oil. Clearly, a problem they will not address. Mileage on the car at that time was 27,949. Why would I decline an oil change? It should be procedure to change the oil be changes when you repair a leak in an oil pan. What oil did they use? How did they make this repair without completing an oil change? 1/17/2017 My record of oil change at Shell Rapid Lube. Mileage at that time 31,740.

As you can see I have kept up with the maintenance on this car since purchase. I am self-employed, and work from and this is why the mileage is slow low on this car. Example: From 12/21/2014-2/20/2015 I put 860 miles on my car. From 2/20/2015-1/17/2017 I put 3,790 miles on my car. I have 2 tow bills which Nissan will not pay for, and I have been declined a rental car which both are included in my Extended Nissan Extended Plus Warranty. Since the purchase of my car in March of 2010 to date, and put an average of $4,535 miles on my car per year. Again, I have all records of maintenance, and oil changes for this car.

I have filed complaints with the BBB of TN, BBB of Colorado, Nissan Consumer Affairs, and the Federal Trade Commission. My response from Nissan Extended Warranty Gold preferred is that they will not cover the rebuild of my Engine due to an after market oil change. Nissan is irresponsible, and dishonest. They do not back their cars, and sell warranties at the time of purchase that do not back their vehicles, and repairs. I have had a major mechanical problem with this car, and NISSAN SIMPLY PUT DOES NOT CARE.

My car has been in the shop since December 13, 2016 and cannot be repaired because the wiring harness is not available. Nowhere in the USA and they do not want to bring it from JAPAN. Nobody answers you, the customer service and parts don't do anything to solve this problem, they do not give you an update, meanwhile I am paying for a lease car that I am not able to use, and they do not want to give me a loaner until they finally bring the part, and they do not want to pay for a rental. Nobody knows when the part will be available.

I bought a Nissan as my first vehicle because my mother always had a Nissan. Her mother and father always had a Nissan. When it came time for me to buy a vehicle, I wanted to go with someone I could trust, who always provided quality cars and service. Is that a thing of the past? My 2011 Nissan Cube with a CVT transmission is a piece of junk! After just 5 years and 72000 miles the CVT needs to be replaced. The dealership is asking $5000 for the repair. More than I've been able to save since buying my first car.

Since this happened I've found out about their 2015 lawsuit, and the warranty extension for 2010 cubes. The CVT is still a safety hazard, but after talking to them I found out that denying there's a problem, and me help, is more important than maintaining a generational chain of Nissan customers and loyalty. An auto manufacturer I can trust with my life is worth generational loyalty. When they know their CVTs have a problem, I know they have a problem, the entire internet knows they have a problem, then the only thing I want to do is pay my car off and find a new manufacturer I can trust, and be loyal to... Because it's obviously not Nissan.

Ripoff and runaround -- I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima with 100000 mile, 72 month extended warranty. I traded that car in to a different Nissan and had to purchase a new warranty because apparently they would not transfer but had the promise of the warranty being refunded. I've jumped through hoops already to turn the proper paperwork in. Months later still no refund, and of course Corporate blames the dealer and the dealer blames Corporate when they actually answer the phone. Thousands stolen!

I have called your finance department Nissan Canada Finance on multiple occasions including today regarding an outstanding payment on my third lease with Nissan (2011 Maxima.) Payment overlooked due to family health issues. The outstanding balance was paid for earlier this year (2016) through your collection agency and payment confirmed by Nissan Finance. I am still getting letters and calls from Credit Risk Management Canada Ltd. asking for payment. I was told by your finance department to resolve it myself with CRM. (How rude and arrogant.) I have been wasting my valuable time dealing with various people regarding this issue. I find it very disturbing that your finance department would not contact the credit agency to confirm the payment. If the calls and letters continue from Credit Risk Management, I will be contacting my lawyer, as I feel this is a form of harassment.

I am now on my fourth lease with Nissan and do not expect to renew or purchase with Nissan or Infinity in the future. Your finance department staff are uncaring, rude and condescending and have left me very dissatisfied and angry. UPDATE - It's now Feb 2017 and not one follow-up call or apologies. PS: I miss one payment after 14 years with Nissan and I am considered a criminal. They need to send their hounds after. Nissan - The Donald Trump of Car Companies.

I bought my Nissan Altima 2013 brand new. I had problems since I bought it. The airbag and the check engine light kept coming ON. Took it several times to the dealership and I was told that the light had to be on at the moment. Decided to call the Nissan corporate and made a report for it. I was told that I would not have a problem later on when my light came on. Finally my airbag light stay on when my car was out of the warranty. Contacted Nissan and they told that my car was out of warranty they did not want to fix it and It's a safety issue.

Murano - Well when I purchased car I was looking on the invoice. They had charged me with pin strips on car but it was no pin strips. Had to call them about that to tell them and have them put them on. Then I was paying my taxes on car found out they had it put in system a higher price model that is when I noticed that they forgot to put the letter on the car what it is, s, sl or whatever. I would appreciate if I could have that on my car sent. I pay for it would you please let me know about taking care of this. I called the Five star Nissan 8436658467 just got the runaround for one person to the other. How would you like transfer from this one to another. Thanks if you could take care of this matter.

Purchased a used Nissan GTR from Atlanta, classic cars within two months the radio and transmission failed. Took the car to Nissan to see if they could repair the transmission they said 'no' but went on to say they would replace it at a cost of $18000. Said it wasn't covered under warranty. Had to have the car trucked across town to have it fixed since Nissan didn't know how to repair it. The car was driven into the Nissan repair shop but when they took the transmission oil pan off the car to check it the car was no longer able to be driven and I had to have it trucked to my home and then to the repair shop across town for the repair.

The shop across town had the transmission repaired in under a week. The car drove better than when I first purchased it. Cost me over 5000 dollars for the repair for which Nissan didn't pay a dime. Nissan also charged me $1034.00 to check the transmission that they could not repair which rendered the car undrivable. Lesson learned - don't ever buy a Nissan. Never again in my lifetime. Big rip off. Nissan left parts out of the tranny that they knew would cause it to fail and then didn't want to foot the bill to repair it. Nissan sucks.

Nissan is, by far, one of the worst companies in terms of customer satisfaction. You can clearly see it from all negative reviews. Nissan is pretty much done with you once they were able to secure your money. Please stay away from Nissan with a clear margin. I've bought my car 4 years ago and I take my car to the certified dealer (Royal Moore Nissan Hillsboro) couple of times a year for regular maintenance and any major work needed. I was hoping that my car would last, as long as a certified technician touches it. Obviously, I was too naive. I took my car to another dealer (CARR Nissan). They told me that my car has not been touched for years. This is only 1 month after my visit to the Royal Moore with full service.

I've complained to the Nissan consumer department. Their answer was that they cannot do anything about it and that I need to close with the dealer. The dealer is certified by Nissan but Nissan cannot guarantee the best service. The dealer obviously does not care about the customer satisfaction. That is why I sought help from corporate Nissan. For me, this is not how you treat a customer if he/she is willing to spend ~20K on your car.

First and last Nissan that we will own. In short, the Nissan consumer affairs division exists to read a bulletin back to you regarding any warranty, claim, or recall regardless of the situation. If you have recurring issues with your vehicle, prepare to be disappointed and spend a lot of money. On a positive note, the local dealership has always maintained a friendly demeanor when explaining the astronomical repair bills.

Bought car brand new. Nissan knew these transmissions were bad and never notified customers. I am now 128,000 miles (8,000 over warranty) and they will not help me pay for a $3,000 transmission. They sold a bad product and will not make it good. Will never darken the door of another Nissan Dealership.

I purchased a new 2016 Nissan Rogue last week. Today I could not get into the portal so I contacted customer service only to find they sold me a new car that was under a recall on the transmission. There was no disclosure of the recall. I have contacted the dealer and an attorney.

Bought my 2012 Nissan Juke brand new and have had top notch maintenance (ie required oil changes, transmission fluid change, filter changes, etc.) at the same and only licensed Nissan dealer. The recall in 2014 of the Nissan Juke timing chain prompted me to take it in and get it fixed (although I was having no problems) -- I had approximately 36,000 miles on it then. Now, 56,000 miles later, I am at 92,000 miles and have been hearing a noise coming from under the hood. Took it to the same dealer and lo and behold... It's the timing chain. Nissan consumer affairs feels like they're doing me a favor by covering ONLY the parts for this ($485.00) and I'm suppose to fork over the remaining $1200.00 for labor. Really Nissan?

They say my car is out of warranty. This has absolutely nothing to do with warranty. First, my car has had top notch maintenance with documented proof at the dealership. Second, the elephant in the room is the fact that Nissan refuses to take responsibility that this is a premature failure of the timing chain they put in 56,000 miles ago. This will be the first and last Nissan I ever purchase. How sad, a multi-million dollar company can't afford to please a customer and "do the right thing" by standing behind their parts. Goodbye Nissan, you've lost me as a future buyer. Shame on you.

Our 2013 Nissan Altima (3 years old), only 89, 000 miles and we have owned for 2 years, the transmission went completely out. We have maintain, like clockwork, all maintenance on this car. If tire pressure light appeared we took it to the DEALER ONLY. This car has only been serviced by the Nissan/Infiniti dealer. We logged a complaint with Nissan consumer affairs and they declined repair and/or assistance with repairs for a major component of the car. Her response because we were 28,000 miles past the 60,000-mile warranty or 5 years, which we are under the 5-year mark, they could not do anything and we are responsible for the repairs. $4500 dollar repair and they refuse to even assist with the repair.

We were told by a Nissan mechanic that Nissan is fully aware of the issues with the transmissions in the 2013-2015 Nissan Altima and yet they won’t do a recall or provide assistance to owners. This is heartless and senseless of such a major company. Lost and don't know what to do as this is major, while we are in the middle of planning our wedding, daughter car went out and it's the holidays. Real nice Nissan.

This is a warning to all potential Nissan customers/owners. Nissan had my Son pay $130.00 for a diagnostic check to see if consumer affairs would fix his transmission that gave out exactly one year after purchasing his car from Paul Blanco dealership. Consumer affairs of Nissan denied his request for repairs due to my Son had too many miles on his car 11k to be exact. Instead of telling my Son this in the beginning, they took my Son $130.00 and went their merry way.

I don't understand how a company can do so many people wrong. It is evident that there are issues with the transmissions to Nissan but no one is stopping to see why. I am frustrated to no end as a Mother watching her single parent Son pay for a vehicle he can't drive and if he turns the car back in gets a repo on his record. I needed to write this comment on behalf of my Son. We definitely would hate for someone else to have a similar experience. I pray God will vindicate my Son and the rest of the Nissan customers that have been bullied and robbed by Nissan. Thank you!

There was an issue with the transmission for this vehicle, hood. The hood of the vehicle seemed to appear loose all the time. When I would drive the vehicle the hood seemed as though it had been opened and not closed completely.

I have recently had a terrible experience with my 2009 Nissan Rouge CVT transmission and working with the Nissan customer service you should know about. This issue is not new to Nissan. In fact Nissan extended the warranty to 10 years 120,000 miles. However, they never notified customers about this issue until they start to having a problem. Our problem came at 123,000 miles. If you go to Nissan's website http://www.nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php?menu=2

they state that they will provide financial assistance for those customers who may be beyond the warranty period. Nissan just called to tell me that they will not provide any assistance. What a crock. I came to find out that many people who own a 2009 -2013 Rouge or Murano will have issues with their CVT transmission. For those who own Rouge or Murano made between 2009-2013 have your transmission checked out before the warranty expires.

Called Nissan customer affairs talked to a Trey. No help... Asked to talked to his supervisor then talked to a Alica (not sure on name). Voiced my disconcern with my customer service at a dealership. Asked for Alica for a email with her name and my case number. Said she would. Well she had Trey call me back then he said he would. Keep in mind they don't have employee ID numbers and can't use last names. They work in your Tennessee office. Neither one of Nissan customer affair case workers could send me a simple email. All they wanted to do was close the case which I had to call and have re-opened 1st time. Basically it's waste of time to complain to them. Almost sure nothing was done or will be done. Best they could with all their experience suggest a I get a second opinion... I felt like the dealership was being shady.

She easy to handle and the safety features are wonderful. And on top of that she great on gas and a smart car. Not to mention stylish. She has skid control. Everything is on your steering column full of safety features. You never have to take your hands off the steering. Equipped with backup view.

Very reliable but has an occasional issue. I think that the Nissan performs well. There is an issue with the aux input. Plus there are times when the radio display goes blank when on. I thought that it would have better gas mileage as well. Overall I'm very pleased.

Buyer beware! If you have purchased a vehicle through Nissan please review your paperwork/contract. Several dealerships have been adjusting the cost of the vehicles with dealer add-ons and making it seem as though these are items you have to sign off on and not options that can be declined. These include (VIN Etch, Paint Protection, Fabric Protection. Portfolio Protection Package, GAP Insurance) and can add thousands (mine was over $5,000.00) to the overall cost to the vehicle and if you are financing you will pay interest on all these add-ons as well. This is an unfair and deceptive trade practice and has fallen under scrutiny of the State Attorney General's Office as well as the Federal Trade Commission. If this has happened to you please report the dealership to both your State's Attorney General and the FTC.

You can also file a record of complaint to the DMV as I am having to do because of the above listed as well as now finding out that the salesperson committed fraud by falsifying the loan application. Currently Nissan Corporate is not taking any accountability for the dealership's unscrupulous practices and so by filing a complaint, the more people that do will show that there needs to be repercussions and Nissan Corporate needs to be held responsible as well. We the consumers have the power to say NO MORE! Please be cautious and do research online before your next vehicle purchase and if you are a Nissan owner, take a look at your documents to make sure you weren't duped. After looking, you may just find out you were. :(

I have only had 2 cars in the last 17 years, both Nissan's. Nissan is great, good durability and low maintenance until it hits 150,000 miles, then everything goes at once. Performance is good too, until that time. Hard to do maintenance yourself. I would not drive anything else, just traded my Murano that I've had since 2008 for a 2016 Rogue. Service is expensive at the dealer. Downside is under hood items are not easy to get to in order to do it yourself, battery is not readily accessible and headlights almost impossible to change.

Nissan Company Profile