2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Nissan Reviews

Original review: April 6, 2020

Done in a timely manner. Kept me apprised as the repairs went along. Checked to see if anymore could be done for me. If any issues came to let me know and get my opinion. Check out was easy and car was washed and the inside always had paper on seats and floor so it did not get dirty from the work they did. They smiled and I went on my way.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have owned 2 cars with CVT one being Nissan Note. The cvt had over 242,000km then I decided to sell it but had no any issues with the cvt, secondly and currently I have a nissan Tiida with REOFO8B cvt WHICH IS SO SWEET. I have clocked 177,000 and you may think the cvt is new. Nissan having been in cvt market is the best...My next car will be a nissan with a CVT...

Steve - Kenya

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

A nice bug, the Micra K12, 2006, 65ps Petrol 1.2 Engine. I have bought this car from Nissan in Germany, at 71.000km, and I drove it for 9.000km. 65ps, manual gearbox, 1,2L petrol engine. 2 doors, in bamboo green. Lovely little bug. I bought it as an emergency need for a cheap car, and I am quite happy with the purchase. So happy in fact, that I decided already to change it with the newer model, 2017, 1.2L 80ps. But back to the K12 bug. Drove it mostly in Berlin, Germany, and occasionally on the Highway, maximum 130km/h due to the noise and fuel consumption, but drove it briefly up to 160km/h... (slightly downhill probably:).

Pretty loud on the highway, but perfect for the city traffic. Agile between the city streets and easy to park. A bit of a stiff ride at low speeds, but quite comfortable where the road permits speeds over 50-60Km/h. Feels stable and has some power reserves until 110-120Km/h, at high RPM regime, between 3500 – 5000rpm. It responds well to the throttle paddle. The engine pulls lovely between 3rd and 4th gear, 60 to 90Km/h, it feels quite sporty. The 1st and 2nd gear are a bit slow. Never had any beef with, but yet again, for just 9k it should not be the case anyway. The gear box felt sometimes a bit too long, but it did the job. I would have kept it, but I just wanted the newer model. Overall a good experience. Hope the new model will follow the trend.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Nissan extended their CVT transmission warranty from 60,000 miles to 120,000 miles on the Nissan Versa because they knew about the transmission failures. My Nissan Versa transmission died at 132,000 and Nissan said they wouldn't do anything about it. When they thought I was going to hire a lawyer they seemed very responsive. I didn't hire a lawyer unfortunately and Nissan didn't provide any support for the problem. I had to pay over $4,000 to put in a refurbished transmission. The cruise control and the tire light stopped working a long time ago also. They should have covered at least some of the cost of the transmission because they knew about the failures. My previous car which was a Nissan Quest didn't have any transmission problems so I expected similar results and was disappointed with the Versa.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I purchased my Nissan Sentra (2013) in 2016 and have been a responsible owner and performed regular maintenance on the vehicle. This past March 2020 my vehicle made a complete stop as I was going 60mph on the highway, the vehicle remained on and did not move in any gear and it is strange since I had barely reached 70k miles (which is not a lot for a transmission to fail). I called a trusted mechanic which advised me this type of vehicles are known for this type of problems. Called the Nissan and explained my situation, they insisted on having their own dealership take a look at it, I told them it was the transmission and was willing to give them the codes the mechanic gave me, all I wanted to know if they were willing to help, but they kept insisting that in order for them to offer me any type of assistance I would have to tow it (at my own expense) to their dealership and pay them $150 for a diagnosis.

After I spent all the money I had to tow it, they reviewed it and determined it was the transmission (who knew?) then I was informed Nissan would not cover any repair and not only was I billed for $150 for the diagnosis, but also $500 for hrs of labor. Nissan claims that since vehicle is barely outside of warranty (which they knew before I took it to them), they won't cover anything. Upon research I found out they have been made aware of this problem and even settled on a major class action lawsuit just 2 months ago for failure on their cvt transmission. Wonder how many deaths and accidents they are responsible for? If they know they have this problem, why not do a recall on this type of vehicles? Pure trash!!! Now I'm stuck with a $4000 repair bill for a car I am still financing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: April 30, 2020

The salesman troy said my credit wasn't good, only qualified for the Nissan Rogue, I could get refinanced in 3 months to lower my payment. The finance guy ran my credit 15 times without my permission and he won't remove the it by calling the credit bureaus. He had me sign the papers for a lender only to call me a week later and say the deal fell thru. Come back in and resign. When I refused and said I wanted to cancel the deal, he became loud and disgruntled. He said, "You can't change your mind and we already sold your vehicle." I tried to refinance 3 months later and was told by the lender they don't do refinance on their loans. Now I am stuck with a high payment.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Nissan has known their transmissions were faulty and yet did not make the consumers aware. When our transmission had to be replaced, their response was for us to join the class action lawsuit. We paid $3500 for the replacement to Nissan and they couldn't offer to pay at least half. Only offered us lip service. We are very good car owners and usually keep our cars a long time without major repairs. Never Nissan again. We are not unique, hence the reason of the class action suit.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Don't get electrical work done at dealer. The dealer can't find anything wrong. I have to jump start my car every time I need to go anywhere. They told me there is no problem with my battery and alternator.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Purchased new Nissan Juke 2016 with CVT transmission. The transmission was bad from day one and family and passengers would notice, but I loved how the car looks. Come February 2020 and the vehicle literally stopped in the middle of the highway, very dangerous but I turned the engine off, restarted and moved to the shoulder. Took it to a dealership and was quoted $4890 for repairs. The vehicle has been sitting at Sterling McCall Nissan waiting to be repaired. I follow up every day with the service department and they claim Nissan North America has not shipped the part. I drive for Uber and for a month now I haven't worked a day losing income, time and causing psychological damage. Given there's a class action on defective CVT transmission in the Nissan Juke, Nissan should do the right thing and foot the bill for my repairs. I believe Nissan sold lemon cars to consumers and are not prepared to fix the mistake.

Original review: March 6, 2020

The rudest people. Don’t get even a little behind. They hound you daily starting at 8 am, and continue several times a day. I literally just made a payment to get caught up, but because it didn’t cover 100% (not even 30 days past yet), I get an ignorant, barely understandable rep berating me at 8 in the morning. A daily occurrence. Greedy, condescending and arrogant people.

Nissan Company Information