Nissan

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Planning to travel to Illinois, planning to buy a new Pathfinder in Chicago then drive the Pathfinder to New York State then drive back to my home in Utah. I looked online, found the vehicle and price, called the Chicago dealer to buy. SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK. They told me the online sales price is not for Utah residents, and I have to pay the sale price for Utah residents (we are not talking about taxes and registration), we are talking about the cost of the car. He said; "Nissan assigns individual prices to each State, each State has its own price for the SAME vehicle. Same vehicle, different costs for each State."

Inquiring, "Is it the costs associated in shipping?", he said no. "Is the individual charges from that State?", no. "What is it?" He said, "It is the Nissan Marketing." He then said Utah residents pay $2800 more for the same vehicle so he would charge (overcharge) me $2800 more. I called 2 other dealers in Illinois to verify that Nissan charges Utah residents a higher cost for the same vehicle. I am now looking at other brands of vehicles, saddened by Nissan marketing. After several new Nissan vehicles over the past 20 years, I am leaving Nissan, due to Nissan Marketing. Utah Nissan dealers lost (future sales), so did the Illinois dealers (today). Online buying of vehicles opened my eyes. [To Nissan's credit, he said it protects dealers in the State you reside in and takes that competition out between States]. Bye Bye Nissan. That is called price fixing.

Since I purchased my car, the tires will not stay inflated. I have to add air, every week. There is vibration when I exceed 60 mph. The Sun Roof sometimes works, and sometimes when it closes it sounds like the glass is going to break. The passenger side window sounds the same way. I've taken my car into the dealership at least 10 times since I purchased it. They do nothing about the tires. They find nothing wrong with the car when they test drive it to feel the vibration (on the local streets). As if I don't know at the age of 49 whether a brand new car should have vibration. The passenger side front window motor has now been replaced. On my way back from a customer's - 2-hour drive - my air conditioner stopped working. It was only 97 degrees outside.

Finally by mid-day the next day it started working again. Took it to Nissan. They couldn't find anything wrong. My drive is 10 mile drive across town (30 mins one way) to get to the Nissan dealership. They would not give me a discount on an oil change, a car to drive, or offered me anything. After 10 visits in 1 1/2. I reached out to the home office. They agreed to do a "lemon" review. As I suspected, they say they do not feel it is a lemon. Brand new car, $500 a month I pay to go into the dealership at least every other month. Currently sitting at 30,000 miles. I put air in my tire on Monday - 33 lbs. Today it shows 29 lbs. 5 days. I've had my Toyota since 2001 and had to take it in to get the computer fixed at 140,000 miles. $350. Other than that, normal wear/tear. It's still running fine pushing 200k miles.

The best part, Action Nissan, offered to put me into a new Nissan. At an inflated cost - $600 doc fee, $19k on my trade (which I owe $22k and at the time they were selling them for $25k - which I sent them pics of the ads) and they wanted me to pay $38-35k for the new one when they were running ads offering them at a price of $25,600 which I also showed them pictures of. I had a crappy car and have a very demanding sales job. I need reliable transportation. I have been inconvenienced 10 times - because each time I've had to leave my car over night. I do not have a second vehicle as my child drives the Toyota now. They would not discount an oil change and wanted to screw me over by trying to get me to pay about $10k more for a new car.

I told them I would not even consider a new car if the Nissan that I have worked. I keep cars until they hit about 150k mileage. So not only would I be upside down in my car, but they want to overcharge me for the new one. (I'm in finance - I ran the numbers). Action Nissan sucks, Nissan Corporation sucks. 1st time owning a Nissan. LAST time owning a Nissan. They don't stand behind their cars, they have terrible customer service, and then they try to screw over their customers. I will be getting rid of my Nissan soon. I will continue to spread the word to my friends and family to NEVER own a Nissan. 1200 people will know.

We WERE a Nissan family. 2012 Rouge on second transmission. First faulty transmission caught fire after Service Manager assured us the car was fine to drive. This left my 18 year old daughter on the side of a highway with a flaming car. 2015 Rouge CVT needed to be replaced. Sounded like the wheels were going to fall off. 2012 Versa transmission replaced the same week as the 2012 Rouge. Researched the Versa and it had air bags that were recalled and I was never notified. Called Corporate Nissan and spoke with two separate representatives that could have cared less that for safety or reliability. My daughters were both dismissed by service managers that told them their cars were fine. I am a single mom who has purchased 8 Nissans over the past 25 years. After speaking with Corporate Nissan three cars are going to be traded very quickly!!! BUY ELSEWHERE.

I just paid my van off when I started having engine issues. At 120,000 codes read p1701 tcm wiring, p0746 pressure control solenoid, p1778 step motor, p0868 pressure control module. Is it the transmission? The mechanic doesn't want to touch it. Just wants to change the tranny. I can not afford this. I am single mom. Is there not someone that can rebuild them properly??? I bought a Nissan (2011 Quest) because I thought it would last longer. I have not driven the van in 6 months. It's a total loss if I spend the money and it happens again then I am putting good money after bad. It's not worth anything as a down payment if I have to tow it in. Has anyone got to the bottom of this???

2016 Nissan Rogue: Nissan shop took over a month to figure out the problem over 4 separate visits. Nissan customer service refused to send in an engineer, refused to provide me with a rental in the meantime, refused to let me speak with a supervisor or appeal this in any way. I got my first Nissan 20 years ago and they just did not seem to care that I kept paying for the lease without having a car to drive. Very disappointed in the attitude and experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Worst company to deal with. I just bought a 2012 Juke. Less than 50 thousand miles on it the turbo burns out. I had not even made my 4th payment. We took it to 2 different mechanics and were told the same thing. The oil line that feeds the turbo lays up against the manifold causing it to boil and become sludge. I called Nissan and they asked me how can Nissan help you with this? What they were really saying is you can answer our question BUT we have NO intention of helping you. I am out 14 hundred dollars for a new turbo and due to the way it is designed I now need to have the oil changed every 2000 miles so the oil line does not clog again. Do yourself a favor. DO NOT BUY FROM NISSAN. THEY DO NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT.

So I bought a 2014 Nissan Sentra with 40k miles. I learned how to drive a stick in a 04 Sentra so I really wanted a new version after I sold my 04. Anyways. After about 4 months of having the vehicle my take off and accelerating was slow, if not completely gone. It took forever just to hit 50mph and I better not be on the highway because the minute I hit a hill whatever speed I'm going will decrease even with my foot completely on the gas. It was over the time for a oil change so I took it in to get done. Problem went away so I thought I was in the clear but then it came back the next day. I forgot to mention that the engine light and traction light would come on every other day.

I went to the Nissan dealership in Florence, SC where my mother was just incase I needed to steal her car. They ended up having to keep my car for 2 days because the engine lights weren't on and they couldn't get a error code. Eventually they figured out it was a electrical problem and my backup communication system was failing and because of the 2 issues my battery was being drained so I needed a new battery too. The price ended up being $533. I called Nissan, started a claim, and within 24 hours I received a call back stated my claim had been approved and Nissan was going to pay 90%. Whoop whoop.

The only issue was it took 10 days for the dealership to receive their check. Now those 10 days do include weekends and the 4th of July. My claim was approved Wednesday but I couldn't get my car back until the following Saturday. Even though the dealership talked to consumer affairs they wouldn't give me my car back until they got their 90%. Anyways since it was 10 days when I finally came to get my car my tech just gave it to me and forgave my 10%. I ended up paying nothing at all.

I have two problems with this vehicle (2013 Nissan Rogue). It is only three years old and the transmission is failed twice. I replaced the transmission at 80,000 miles and with a little over 150,000 miles. It is failing again. Second, the car has pearl white paint on it, and it is peeling off across the car. Every area of the car has paint peeling off. I submitting a claim and took the car to the dealer several times. Nissan Consumer Affairs refuses to help defray the cost of these repairs, $4800 for a new transmission and $1500 for the paint job. I have filed complaints with the BBB, Nissan USA and the NHTSA. No one is helping.

First my brake module failed which by the way is an $1100. Part only covered under extended warranty... After leaving from this repair the same day I went to get gas and the gas pump valve at the gas station kept clicking closed like the tank was full when it was not. I thought it was the gas pump at the station. Went to another one and figured out that it was the truck. Took it back immediately and it was not covered... In a miraculous coincidence if you believe in those I received an notice from Nissan two days after the repair that there was an issue now covered under extended warranty for a gas vent tube... In the letter they described the exact symptoms I was having but when I inquired they would not cover the problem because it was the valve and not the tube. Sorry Nissan but you don't get a pass on this one. When you purchase a vehicle you should be able to put gas in it no matter how old it is... Ridiculous.

Worse Purchase Ever!!!! I bought a brand new 2014 Altima as a graduation gift for myself in 2014. Within a year my transmission had to be completely replaced as well as my computer. Recently my air went out. The dealership informed me my Air compressor was bad and I was out of warranty. When I complained about the car I was told "Sometimes they just have bad parts" and there was nothing I could do but pay for the repair. I told them I felt they sold me a lemon and was told it's the company's problem and not the dealership.

I bought a 2015 Nissan Sentra brand new with 0 miles on the odometer (no kidding I test drove it with the shipping packaging still on it). I have had a very good experience with my car. I am posting because I am disturbed by the number of complaints by other owners with similar driveability problems I have had with my car and I got mine resolved with minimal money spent. Here is a list of my problems and resolutions.

Had a problem with what I thought was my transmission (I had the same symptom everyone posting here has complained about... power loss, erratic RPM using cruise control, put accelerator to floor but only get minimal speed... etc but it never shut down as I took immediately to my trustworthy dealer Griner Nissan in Valdosta,GA). The problem with my driveability turned out to be a cracked taillight (yes). Nissan uses a drive-by wire system in the throttle body of the engine (older cars used a metal cable to operate the throttle). My car had a hairline crack in the left taillight and water was condensing inside the housing and caused a problem in the wiring on the car. The throttle body to act erratic causing shifting problems and power loss because the throttle is controlled by the engine computer instead of manually by your foot.

Dealer replaced my taillight housing assembly under warranty and no more problems. This happened at about 30,000 miles (I have a high mileage car due to using it to travel for work. I currently have 86,619 as if this post on a 2015 Nissan Sentra with original CVT never been rebuilt or replaced). Weather seals in front passenger doors are thin and get beat up from entering and exiting car replaced under warranty. Rear door seal are kind of loose and can slip off car. 2 sided tape fixed. No more problems (2$). Changed CVT fluid at 40,000 miles. Dealer advised to change fluid at 30,000 instead of every 60,000 as per owner manual factory maintenance schedule to prolong transmission life $160. Had to replace muffler heat shield because it came loose unknown why $285.

A tip about driving with a CVT equipped car: the car will drive smoother if you give it constant throttle instead of variable throttle because the computer shifts for you and rev matches with the throttle which is also computer controlled. THEY WORK TOGETHER (like on a car with a conventional transmission and a cable throttle) on a older car with that setup your foot was the shifter. Push the pedal and the car would move and shift accordingly. When you hit the brakes or pick your foot off the accelerator it would downshift because a conventional transmission works with fluid pressure and engine RPM. Now the computer is doing all the shifting and throttle management.

Another tip use the ECO and SPORT modes more when it starts to shift a little funny. The sport mode will unwind the transmission better and when the transmission feels too loose use eco mode. Another time to use eco mode is when you have a load in the car. The lower gearing lessens the straining on the CVT under load and then unloaded hit sport mode to free it up then go back normal. Point being use all the transmission modes it will run a lot better. Hope this helps some people.

Brought 2013 Altima in for OCS recall in 2016. After performing reprogram per recall OCS failed again. They charged me $502.69 to fix the OCS problem. The recall was supposed to address. Even after charging me and making the repair the OCS is STILL broken. Contacted Nissan and was told a supervisor would get back to me the next day over a week later and the supervisor still has not gotten in touch with me. Today the first person I'd contacted told me they wouldn't help me. NHTSA has record of nearly 8,000 similar complaints.

I have 2 warranties on my car (2012 Nissan Juke) and Nissan will not honor the repairs to my car engine and/or transmission. I am under the required mileage and I bought the car used with under 30k miles. The car begin to cut off and idle down without any warning so I took it to the dealership where I live and they said I needed to replace the engine and/or transmission and that this was a ongoing problem with Nissan. I have read all the forums and Nissan is aware of the issues but will not issue a recall.

I would like for them to take ownership and repair my car, I am a retired disabled veteran and I need my car to go back and forth to my doctor's appointments. If I don't get any satisfaction, I am prepared to go to the local news to let them do a story on how Nissan mistreats its customers and disabled vets. I am a member of National Organization of Veterans' Advocates (NOVA) and they are waiting to see the outcome of this before they intervene. Nissan knows that this is an ongoing problem and they should do the right thing by allowing me to use my car warranty to fix the issue. I am on a fixed income and I can't afford to pay absorbent amounts of money for car repairs, that is why I purchased the car warranty.

The CVT Transmission failed in my 2012 Rogue with 86,000 mileage and Nissan is aware of this issue in other models and has never corrected the issue. Driving along and the gas pedal would not move the vehicle and this was very serious on the road. Someone could lose their life if this is not corrected! Nissan will not assist in the repairs even though they are aware of this issue because I had to take the vehicle to a local transmission garage and not a Nissan Dealership Service Center. I did contact them and they offered no assistance whatsoever. Pretty much told me I was out of luck. Never again will I purchase from Nissan.

I have a Quest with 70,000 miles and a bad AC compressor. This is a $1000 repair through Nissan, and far too soon in the life of this vehicle. I contacted the Nissan's customer support line. After holding for about an hour and a half, I did finally get a chance to talk to someone. He couldn't commit to any financial assistance Nissan doing anything until I had Nissan look at it, even though the local garage had already assessed it for free. I understand why that is necessary. You can't just start throwing money at a problem, and not all garages are well qualified to work on modern vehicles. I said that was fine, but wanted to make sure that Nissan might be able to help me out before I went to the trouble. He said that IS something that Nissan does, but couldn't make any guarantees because they look at each case individually. He also said that they do "good will" warranties all the time past the standard warranty of the vehicle.

I begged for some sort of criteria they looked for because in order for Nissan to look at my Quest, it was going to cost me $120 and half a day to diagnose the problem by the time I drove for an hour and a half to the nearest Nissan dealership. I wasn't keen on the idea of wasting my time and money if there was no chance of getting financial assistance. With no criteria to offer me, I took the risk, because I felt surely a reputable auto manufacturer would acknowledge that spending $1000 for repair parts on a non-wear item at 70,000 miles is a bit outrageous. It took Nissan a few days to look at my circumstance. I was sorely disappointed. Not only did they decline to help me out, the explanation they gave me was that it was out of warranty. NO WAAAYYY! Since that time I requested the case be escalated, however Nissan won't return my calls.

I'll be honest. I'm not fun to talk to about this. I don't curse at those poor people on the phone, but I feel strongly that a brand new car taken good care of should make to at least 100,000 miles with no concerns. I'm sorely disappointed with the ability to work with customers, and of course even more disappointed in my van, which I used to like. Now I have reservations that the vehicle I purchased new to depend on to transport my family safely, is not as reliable as I had previously believed. Nor is the company that built it have any concerns about instilling confidence in its customers after their Nissan's fail them.

I will not be buying another Nissan, nor would I recommend one to anyone else. I'm not certain that another manufacturer would have handled the circumstance any differently, but I know how Nissan handled it. Fool me once... Take my advice. Take a warranty seriously. 36,000 miles isn't much, and take tracked reliability ratings seriously. I wish I had. Oh, and don't buy a Nissan.

2009 Nissan Altima Transmission - I just received a call from an Ashley and she said at this time Nissan couldn't offer any type of reimbursement for my transmission. I'm just curious to know if they even took into consideration that I took my car to Nissan to have it looked at because the transmission was going into safe mode when it would get hot. We put it on the machine and there were no codes that came up on the transmission so I went ahead and had them change the fluids and filter and whatever it is they do for a transmission service. I leave the dealership and I smell fluid but thought nothing of it. I drive my 60 miles home and the next morning my husband drives his 48 miles to work. When I go outside to take my daughter to school there is a big puddle of transmission fluid in my drive way. I call my husband and when he gets to car after work sure enough there is a puddle of transmission fluid under my car.

I called the dealership and they waited till 6 o'clock for my husband to drive the car another 50+ miles to see what was going on. Turns out a hose had split and leaked out the transmission fluid. They fixed the hose put transmission fluid back into my car and washed out from underneath car because it was covered in fluid. Then almost 2 months later my car's transmission has all these codes and I need a new one.

I didn't ask for the full amount I just feel like Nissan should provide the customer service that they say they will. There's been numerous problems with the 2009 Nissan and that's why they extended the transmission warranty and the steering lock box which went out in my car and left me and my daughter stranded and a tow bill. I just feel like I'm being done unfair and put in a financial situation for servicing my car. I mean would the transmission of went out if it didn't leak out the fluid after the service? I tried calling her back and even left a voicemail but she still hasn't returned my call. I also read the letter online where Kevin Martin said that they were trying to make the repair affordable if car was out of warranty. I just feel I've been done unfair considering the incident with my car after the transmission service.

2015 Nissan Murano Warranty Repair. Nissan USA will not return your calls. They will lie and say they will call you back but they will not return your calls if they don't want to. They have been promising to call me back for weeks. They do not. They are unprofessional and unaccountable to anyone. They do not care about their customers. Once you buy the car they are DONE with you. Buyer Beware!!!

I recently traded in my leased Nissan Altima for a used Juke at Vaden Nissan in Bluffton SC. I gave them the payoff on my Altima (through Nissan Motor Acceptance), which they confirmed. The dealership also performed an inspection on my Altima. We discussed a new deal for a used Nissan Juke. They agreed to pay off my Nissan balance, and I financed the price that we agreed to. Four months later I get a bill saying that I owe Nissan Motor Acceptance $1273. I called Nissan Motor Acceptance, and they claimed there was excessive wear and tear on the vehicle, along with an early termination fee. This Altima was in very good shape when Vaden looked at it.

It was my understanding when I drove my Juke out their dealership, that we agreed to a deal which had a commitment from both sides. Now they are telling me the charges are non-negotiable. I told both Nissan Motor Acceptance and Vaden Nissan that if I would have known that I owed another $1273, there is no way I would have completed this deal. Who does business like that??? I have NEVER had a problem with Subaru or Toyota coming back to me for charges after a lease. As far as I am concerned, when we agreed to certain numbers, then I shook hands with the salesman, and then drove off the lot, the deal should be over!!! Thanks for reading!

My transmission went out at 5 years old and 74000 miles on my Nissan Murano. There were absolutely no positive comments about Nissan the corporation. After receiving the horrible news. The reason my vehicle felt like it was in neutral all the time was because the transmission was out. Patterson quoted me $5200. I called a local transmission shop and they said they would do the job for $4300. I asked Patterson about it and they said they would match the other shop's price... WOW. Then I said, "Well I may have definitely not had $5200 but I still don't have $4300 so I decided to call Nissan the corporation. Still within the year's warranty but not the mileage warranty. They did not have to do anything.

I went through the process of the phone answering service. Talked to one person then to another. The lady said on a Wednesday that she had 3 days to get back to me with an answer. All this time the dealership had our vehicle and had not been authorized to do the work. I felt like if I made it look like I could afford it by authorizing the work to be done that it would be a no brainer and they would not feel the need to help me out. Soooo all in all my vehicle had been at the dealership for one week now... The corporate lady calls and tells me that Nissan would pay for half of the repairs. Well that was not the whole repair but I felt grateful that I didn't have to come up with 4k. And plus I had already negotiated their repair shop down $900.

Every little bit helps. I could not find anyone else who had the same circumstances that I did. Well I thought I would write this review because of how Nissan took care of me and so maybe someone else would find some courage to call and see if they would help their case. Nissan transmissions have had a rough path here over the past 10 years although I did not know that when I bought one nor all the way up till I had problems with mine. Once I authorized the $2150 which was my part then it took them 3 days and I had my vehicle back. Also I had already made up my mind that no matter what decision they came up with I was going to be nice and say thank you.

Even though it wasn't the full amount I said, "Thank you ma'am I appreciate it so much." I think she was totally thrown back and said, "You know what let me give you my direct numbers and you can call me any time with an issue on your nissan vehicle... well there you go it's pretty much against my nature to be nice when I'm upset but hey God's in control anyway right??

I have owned my 2014 Nissan Rogue brand new. I have had nothing but problems with it. Transmission, breaks, electrical, navigation, tail hitch, seat belt covers, brake booster x3, mounts, struts the list goes on. I tried to claim lemon law several times and get denied. My vehicle has been falling apart since I got it and get zero support from Nissan! It is back in the shop for a failed brake booster and now they want me to pay for it! Don't buy a Nissan ROGUE ever!!!

First time purchase of a loan/lease. Signed a lease with loan prices ($337 month). Total purchase price 2015 Rogue $34,000. Error was noticed by purchaser same day at dealership. When brought to attention of dealer, more or less too bad. All they had to do was tear up the lease form and attach correct monthly price to a lease $134 month. $14,000 to purchase at end of lease or the proper monthly payment, $337 month with the last payment, vehicle is mine... maybe 10 mins of their time on paperwork. Instead of 23 months trying (by me) to get the thing correct. Notified every agency of the error including THE WHITE HOUSE with no luck. Money hungry (Nissan) outfit. Matter went to court March 2017. It is still undecided.

I financed my car December 2015 and on April 1st 2017 my car broke down on my after stopping at a stop sign. It was a Saturday at 5pm so no service centers were opened and my car read a warning Chassis Control Error see owner manual. Well when you looked in the manual all it read was to contact Nissan. Have my car towed to Nissan 24 on Monday morning where I found out there was a recall on the CVT Transmission. I was informed that day that my transmission has given out on me. They told me they don't know what caused it but it COULD have been because I only replaced one tire on my AWD vehicle. Town Fair Tire told me I didn't need to replace all. Should I replace all four tires every time I receive a flat??? Then he said that they received failed codes on the transmission.

My issue is why after 16 months of having a vehicle does the transmission go. I did the proper maintenance, so I just called Nissan Consumer to see if Nissan will take the car back. I feel like I was given a dud. I used to drive a 2009 Nissan Cube but after 6 years the transmission went on that too so I feel like these car are being made with poor parts. This will be the last Nissan I purchase.

I believe the problem starts with Nissan in the first place. I honestly think that they feel they are too big for their britches. It is my opinion that the local Nissan trained dealership really doesn't care about the customer and refused to address issues that popped up in my particular case. To ignore the problem from my impression is to get rid of the customer. After dealing with them for 9 solid years they display a total lack of Customer Care. I think they only want the rich customers and if you are at the Altima level... "Don't bother us!!!" My immediate solution is to go directly... and test drive a KIA where the dealership treats you like a valued client and provides a Superior, Efficient and Reliable mode of transport.

I'm Malibongwe ** and I'm very sad because of how a car dealer hurted me. Me and Rebecca ** bought a Nissan Qashqai, a 2015 model with mileage of 75000 km and now it happened that the car is no longer clutching anymore. We bought the car at Imperial Ford at Kempton Park. First of I took the to the dealer where they requested me to go, where I had to use my recourses to take the car there. It was diagnosed and the asked me to pay R19.182.77 for the clutch. REMEMBER THE CAR IS UNDER WARRANTY and under motor plan... at Imperial Ford they failed to 75000 km service. I paid R850 at Nissan Sinoville for diagnoses fee. Now I'm frustrated because the car with is not in good condition. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Purchased a 72 month, 100,000 miles extended protection plan from for a used Nissan Rogue on March 3, 2012. The car was two years old, with 29,655 miles on it. The dealer offer a 72 months plan at time of purchased as a good assurance in case of unforeseen problems, etc. Sounded like a good idea, 6 years protection especially as the car gets older and parts might be prone to failure.

The problem arose when I took the car in to be repaired April 3, 2017. They told me the plan had expired. The car doesn't have 100,000 on it yet. The 6 year plan begins on date of service not date of purchase. So, according to Nissan, I paid for a protection plan 2 years before I bought the car. On the form, it is clearly marked 72 month, 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Not so clearly is that protection starts at in service date. How does this make any sense? I think it's contradictory. How can you label a plan as 72 months, when I didn't own the car on 2010. I've put in a complaint to Nissan, but am not expecting satisfaction. Anyone else have the same situation?

Consider this. I have a 2011 Rogue and found out the CVT needs replacing. Since Nissan has created a monopoly around their CVT you cannot find parts to rebuild as you cannot buy them. The only way is to replace the entire CVT which you must purchase from Nissan. Ever wonder how they extended the warranty for 2008-2010 only but did the extension in 2014? They knew that the 2011, 2012, 2013 would all have the same problems. Maybe not enough complaints at that time for those years.

So I checked the warranty on the brand new replacement CVT direct from Nissan and installed by Nissan... 12 months/20000kms. Although the exact same CVT on a brand new 2017 comes with 5years/60000km warranty. Read between the lines... Nissan cannot even back their own monopoly on CVT with a decent warranty. What a crock of **. Bye bye Nissan FOREVER. The GM of the dealership won't even return my call, probably because he has no excuses for the crap product the CVT is. Someone start a class action and take Nissan and their CRAP CVT down.

Bought my 2012 Rogue in April 2012. It's been a great car to me, love how it handles in the snow. Now in April 2017 and 72,000 miles later, I need a new transmission. Despite the fact that I did not buy the extended warranty, I should not have to replace a transmission this soon. Apparently there have been recalls regarding the CVT transmissions (Nissan is well aware of their problems) but my VIN was not included... Hmmm... I wonder why. Since it is out of warranty, I am not bringing it to a Nissan dealership for repair as they will only charge me more than my hometown garage. I am going to have the transmission replaced and then trade it in. Time to go back to buying American. Since I bought my Rogue I have recommended the car to so many people. Now I am sorry I did that. $4000 down the drain.

My son purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima with 36,000 miles on it. He has owned it for 2 weeks. He was suppose to have Powertrain warranty that went with vehicle till 2019. The CarFax said it was leased to private owner in 2014 till 2016 then sent to auction in New Jersey. In which another dealer purchased it. Then my son purchased the headache. The car had blue smoke coming out of exhaust so we took it to Nissan to look at. The service department said it was sludge in engine and the vehicle had no maintenance done at all. But Nissan wanted a pic of oil pan and valves before they would decline to have it repaired. My son paid 200 for this to be done then Nissan decline repair because of neglect. The Nissan dealership knew when vehicle was brought back from lease that no maintenance was done so they passed it along to auction so someone else could deal with it. Now son has car with no warranty.

I purchased a 2017 Nissan Rogue on February 19. On February 28th, while stopped in traffic, I was rear-ended by a distracted driver who was also speeding. The crash threw me into the car in front of me, who was stopped as well. Over $10,000 in damage. My vehicle has been held up since March 3rd due to two parts on National back order at Nissan. As of today, there is no release date and none is even expected until the end of April (was previously told April 4th). Calls to Nissan have yielded no results, I've only been told that they cannot give me a release date. In the meantime, I will have made 2 car payments (or more) on a brand new car that I cannot drive. I actually should have known. It took almost a year to the get the parts for the recall on my 2014 Nissan Sentra when the recall was happening. It is very frustrating and the lack of assistance upon calling Nissan directly is frustrating.

Nissan vehicles have extensive issues that require multiple services and repairs. I have spent over $6,000 in service and repairs from the last 12 months alone and Nissan keeps giving an excuses as to why this and that is not covered. Nissan Consumer Affairs said I should have an unlimited service repair but may or may not cover anymore engine issues. I'm still within the ten year/100,000 miles engine warranty and yet providing more excuses to cover cost. I'm trying to get Nissan to actually repair something in the engine that prevents the vehicle from being driven, but they are getting behind to complete any repairs with a thousand dollars or more. All of this has been a battle to get anything covered or paid for. All I want is for Nissan to actually cover their faulting vehicle.

Nissan Company Profile