Nissan

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently traded in my leased Nissan Altima for a used Juke at Vaden Nissan in Bluffton SC. I gave them the payoff on my Altima (through Nissan Motor Acceptance), which they confirmed. The dealership also performed an inspection on my Altima. We discussed a new deal for a used Nissan Juke. They agreed to pay off my Nissan balance, and I financed the price that we agreed to. Four months later I get a bill saying that I owe Nissan Motor Acceptance $1273. I called Nissan Motor Acceptance, and they claimed there was excessive wear and tear on the vehicle, along with an early termination fee. This Altima was in very good shape when Vaden looked at it.

It was my understanding when I drove my Juke out their dealership, that we agreed to a deal which had a commitment from both sides. Now they are telling me the charges are non-negotiable. I told both Nissan Motor Acceptance and Vaden Nissan that if I would have known that I owed another $1273, there is no way I would have completed this deal. Who does business like that??? I have NEVER had a problem with Subaru or Toyota coming back to me for charges after a lease. As far as I am concerned, when we agreed to certain numbers, then I shook hands with the salesman, and then drove off the lot, the deal should be over!!! Thanks for reading!

My transmission went out at 5 years old and 74000 miles on my Nissan Murano. There were absolutely no positive comments about Nissan the corporation. After receiving the horrible news. The reason my vehicle felt like it was in neutral all the time was because the transmission was out. Patterson quoted me $5200. I called a local transmission shop and they said they would do the job for $4300. I asked Patterson about it and they said they would match the other shop's price... WOW. Then I said, "Well I may have definitely not had $5200 but I still don't have $4300 so I decided to call Nissan the corporation. Still within the year's warranty but not the mileage warranty. They did not have to do anything.

I went through the process of the phone answering service. Talked to one person then to another. The lady said on a Wednesday that she had 3 days to get back to me with an answer. All this time the dealership had our vehicle and had not been authorized to do the work. I felt like if I made it look like I could afford it by authorizing the work to be done that it would be a no brainer and they would not feel the need to help me out. Soooo all in all my vehicle had been at the dealership for one week now... The corporate lady calls and tells me that Nissan would pay for half of the repairs. Well that was not the whole repair but I felt grateful that I didn't have to come up with 4k. And plus I had already negotiated their repair shop down $900.

Every little bit helps. I could not find anyone else who had the same circumstances that I did. Well I thought I would write this review because of how Nissan took care of me and so maybe someone else would find some courage to call and see if they would help their case. Nissan transmissions have had a rough path here over the past 10 years although I did not know that when I bought one nor all the way up till I had problems with mine. Once I authorized the $2150 which was my part then it took them 3 days and I had my vehicle back. Also I had already made up my mind that no matter what decision they came up with I was going to be nice and say thank you.

Even though it wasn't the full amount I said, "Thank you ma'am I appreciate it so much." I think she was totally thrown back and said, "You know what let me give you my direct numbers and you can call me any time with an issue on your nissan vehicle... well there you go it's pretty much against my nature to be nice when I'm upset but hey God's in control anyway right??

I have owned my 2014 Nissan Rogue brand new. I have had nothing but problems with it. Transmission, breaks, electrical, navigation, tail hitch, seat belt covers, brake booster x3, mounts, struts the list goes on. I tried to claim lemon law several times and get denied. My vehicle has been falling apart since I got it and get zero support from Nissan! It is back in the shop for a failed brake booster and now they want me to pay for it! Don't buy a Nissan ROGUE ever!!!

First time purchase of a loan/lease. Signed a lease with loan prices ($337 month). Total purchase price 2015 Rogue $34,000. Error was noticed by purchaser same day at dealership. When brought to attention of dealer, more or less too bad. All they had to do was tear up the lease form and attach correct monthly price to a lease $134 month. $14,000 to purchase at end of lease or the proper monthly payment, $337 month with the last payment, vehicle is mine... maybe 10 mins of their time on paperwork. Instead of 23 months trying (by me) to get the thing correct. Notified every agency of the error including THE WHITE HOUSE with no luck. Money hungry (Nissan) outfit. Matter went to court March 2017. It is still undecided.

I financed my car December 2015 and on April 1st 2017 my car broke down on my after stopping at a stop sign. It was a Saturday at 5pm so no service centers were opened and my car read a warning Chassis Control Error see owner manual. Well when you looked in the manual all it read was to contact Nissan. Have my car towed to Nissan 24 on Monday morning where I found out there was a recall on the CVT Transmission. I was informed that day that my transmission has given out on me. They told me they don't know what caused it but it COULD have been because I only replaced one tire on my AWD vehicle. Town Fair Tire told me I didn't need to replace all. Should I replace all four tires every time I receive a flat??? Then he said that they received failed codes on the transmission.

My issue is why after 16 months of having a vehicle does the transmission go. I did the proper maintenance, so I just called Nissan Consumer to see if Nissan will take the car back. I feel like I was given a dud. I used to drive a 2009 Nissan Cube but after 6 years the transmission went on that too so I feel like these car are being made with poor parts. This will be the last Nissan I purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

I believe the problem starts with Nissan in the first place. I honestly think that they feel they are too big for their britches. It is my opinion that the local Nissan trained dealership really doesn't care about the customer and refused to address issues that popped up in my particular case. To ignore the problem from my impression is to get rid of the customer. After dealing with them for 9 solid years they display a total lack of Customer Care. I think they only want the rich customers and if you are at the Altima level... "Don't bother us!!!" My immediate solution is to go directly... and test drive a KIA where the dealership treats you like a valued client and provides a Superior, Efficient and Reliable mode of transport.

I'm Malibongwe ** and I'm very sad because of how a car dealer hurted me. Me and Rebecca ** bought a Nissan Qashqai, a 2015 model with mileage of 75000 km and now it happened that the car is no longer clutching anymore. We bought the car at Imperial Ford at Kempton Park. First of I took the to the dealer where they requested me to go, where I had to use my recourses to take the car there. It was diagnosed and the asked me to pay R19.182.77 for the clutch. REMEMBER THE CAR IS UNDER WARRANTY and under motor plan... at Imperial Ford they failed to 75000 km service. I paid R850 at Nissan Sinoville for diagnoses fee. Now I'm frustrated because the car with is not in good condition. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Purchased a 72 month, 100,000 miles extended protection plan from for a used Nissan Rogue on March 3, 2012. The car was two years old, with 29,655 miles on it. The dealer offer a 72 months plan at time of purchased as a good assurance in case of unforeseen problems, etc. Sounded like a good idea, 6 years protection especially as the car gets older and parts might be prone to failure.

The problem arose when I took the car in to be repaired April 3, 2017. They told me the plan had expired. The car doesn't have 100,000 on it yet. The 6 year plan begins on date of service not date of purchase. So, according to Nissan, I paid for a protection plan 2 years before I bought the car. On the form, it is clearly marked 72 month, 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Not so clearly is that protection starts at in service date. How does this make any sense? I think it's contradictory. How can you label a plan as 72 months, when I didn't own the car on 2010. I've put in a complaint to Nissan, but am not expecting satisfaction. Anyone else have the same situation?

Consider this. I have a 2011 Rogue and found out the CVT needs replacing. Since Nissan has created a monopoly around their CVT you cannot find parts to rebuild as you cannot buy them. The only way is to replace the entire CVT which you must purchase from Nissan. Ever wonder how they extended the warranty for 2008-2010 only but did the extension in 2014? They knew that the 2011, 2012, 2013 would all have the same problems. Maybe not enough complaints at that time for those years.

So I checked the warranty on the brand new replacement CVT direct from Nissan and installed by Nissan... 12 months/20000kms. Although the exact same CVT on a brand new 2017 comes with 5years/60000km warranty. Read between the lines... Nissan cannot even back their own monopoly on CVT with a decent warranty. What a crock of **. Bye bye Nissan FOREVER. The GM of the dealership won't even return my call, probably because he has no excuses for the crap product the CVT is. Someone start a class action and take Nissan and their CRAP CVT down.

Bought my 2012 Rogue in April 2012. It's been a great car to me, love how it handles in the snow. Now in April 2017 and 72,000 miles later, I need a new transmission. Despite the fact that I did not buy the extended warranty, I should not have to replace a transmission this soon. Apparently there have been recalls regarding the CVT transmissions (Nissan is well aware of their problems) but my VIN was not included... Hmmm... I wonder why. Since it is out of warranty, I am not bringing it to a Nissan dealership for repair as they will only charge me more than my hometown garage. I am going to have the transmission replaced and then trade it in. Time to go back to buying American. Since I bought my Rogue I have recommended the car to so many people. Now I am sorry I did that. $4000 down the drain.

My son purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima with 36,000 miles on it. He has owned it for 2 weeks. He was suppose to have Powertrain warranty that went with vehicle till 2019. The CarFax said it was leased to private owner in 2014 till 2016 then sent to auction in New Jersey. In which another dealer purchased it. Then my son purchased the headache. The car had blue smoke coming out of exhaust so we took it to Nissan to look at. The service department said it was sludge in engine and the vehicle had no maintenance done at all. But Nissan wanted a pic of oil pan and valves before they would decline to have it repaired. My son paid 200 for this to be done then Nissan decline repair because of neglect. The Nissan dealership knew when vehicle was brought back from lease that no maintenance was done so they passed it along to auction so someone else could deal with it. Now son has car with no warranty.

I purchased a 2017 Nissan Rogue on February 19. On February 28th, while stopped in traffic, I was rear-ended by a distracted driver who was also speeding. The crash threw me into the car in front of me, who was stopped as well. Over $10,000 in damage. My vehicle has been held up since March 3rd due to two parts on National back order at Nissan. As of today, there is no release date and none is even expected until the end of April (was previously told April 4th). Calls to Nissan have yielded no results, I've only been told that they cannot give me a release date. In the meantime, I will have made 2 car payments (or more) on a brand new car that I cannot drive. I actually should have known. It took almost a year to the get the parts for the recall on my 2014 Nissan Sentra when the recall was happening. It is very frustrating and the lack of assistance upon calling Nissan directly is frustrating.

Nissan vehicles have extensive issues that require multiple services and repairs. I have spent over $6,000 in service and repairs from the last 12 months alone and Nissan keeps giving an excuses as to why this and that is not covered. Nissan Consumer Affairs said I should have an unlimited service repair but may or may not cover anymore engine issues. I'm still within the ten year/100,000 miles engine warranty and yet providing more excuses to cover cost. I'm trying to get Nissan to actually repair something in the engine that prevents the vehicle from being driven, but they are getting behind to complete any repairs with a thousand dollars or more. All of this has been a battle to get anything covered or paid for. All I want is for Nissan to actually cover their faulting vehicle.

The dashboard started melting earlier this year and has been getting worse. The glare is blinding in the sunlight and other times an inconvenience. The transmission whines after 2 hours of driving in +80 degrees weather. Terrible car all in all, made by a company that won't stand behind their product. Definitely the last Nissan I am going to buy.

I purchased Nissan Rogue 2013 model. I am living in California with beautiful climate. From past 6 months on my car paint is peeling off very badly. Looks like problem with the paint. I called the dealer and discussed on this. They said warranty period over. Not able to assist. Customer support/dealer is not telling the root cause of paint being peeled out. Can some please help me on this?

I bought a 2014 Pathfinder in January of 2017. It was just out of warranty by mileage and the ABS computer went bad. The Nissan Dealership here locally was very nice and helpful and had never seen this issue before. It is unsafe and unreliable because the speedometer, gas gauge, and the 4-wheel drive do not work when experiencing this issue (I live in a snowy area so I do need the 4 wheel drive to turn on when those conditions are present). I would also say that 36k miles and one prior owner with a clean CarFax Report is a bit early for the ABS computer to fail and so I do believe this is a manufacturing issue with the unit failing prematurely.

I completely understand that once the car is out of warranty, Nissan does not have to do anything to help out. However, given the nature of the issue and how recently the car was out of warranty (and only by mileage), I would have thought they would be able to help out in some way. For instance, taking care of the labor or even just giving the dealership a direct purchase cost on the part without a markup. The part is $1400 and the labor is $600. I would have been happy with a minor discount on the repair. However, as other reviewers have commented, the consumer affairs department of Nissan exists to read you the warranty terms. This is my first Nissan, which I bought because of the name and associated reliability, but I will never buy another Nissan after this experience.

I came across the mission of your company on your website. Since months I have serious and justified doubts on this mission. Let me explain: My Nissan Trail (1 year old - warranty) that I bought last year in January 2016 in Windhoek, Namibia has been under repair since 27 August 2016 until today (!) after an engine jamming. A long story of promises by the local Nissan dealer has been culminating in a statement by the dealer last Monday, 6 March 2017: "We are sorry the engine has no compression and we have to bring it back to repair to the engine workshop."

So I am waiting now for more than 7 months for my car with now not any prediction when it is going to be ready. And if it is could Nissan warrant that it is functioning? Engine repair is not standard anymore in Europe, but is overtaxed to customers in Africa. All this questions and more in detail I addressed in a written complaint to Nissan South Africa with not any answer so far. I hope you can address this mismatch between your mission and my experience as soon as possible. A frustrated customer.

I bought my car in Swansea car dealer Bassett on the 27 of May 2016 but the car did not have a spare tire or emergency kit as declared by the dealer. I have been stopped by the police and they told me l was breaking the law. I told them that when l bought the car there was no spare tire or emergency kit and they told me that Nissan as a company was suppose to provide a spare tire or emergency kit.

My daughter purchased a car in November 2016. The sale of the car went smoothly. Unfortunately she got behind on her notes. We had called to give them an estimate date of when the notes would be paid. To my understanding if notes aren't paid in 120 days repossession occurs. It hadn't even been 120 days and the day that we were on the phone which was Thursday, February 23 to pay the notes. We were put on hold for a long time only for the company in which they had repossess the car took the car.

Finally someone comes on the phone with the amount due then she tells us to hold on for the fees. I asked, "What are the fees for?" She explained for repossession and storage fees which came to the amount of $567. I asked more than once. Once this is paid will we have to pay any other fees once she retrieve the car from the towing company. I was told, "No you shouldn't be because what was paid." Only for us to get to the towing company and they are charging us an additional $175 plus an additional 50 because we didn't make it in time to pick up the car before they closed. I am very very upset because we were given false information once I called back and spoke with a different young lady who's name was ruby and she told me that wasn't the correct information. I'm very upset because I feel like we have been taken for more money. If a company pays a towing company to retrieve a vehicle why should we have to pay additional fees?

Amazing when you trust in a brand new car and a reputable name. 3 months ago, we purchased a brand new Nissan Rogue loaded with all the goodies. Then what we thought was a minor Bluetooth/phone problem began. When the person on the other end of the phone talks to the driver (or synced passenger) a nice high pitched whine comes across the phone. This is not heard by the driver connected to the Rogue, this is heard by everyone talking to the driver. A very annoying problem that you would think the dealer and manufacturer would repair or replace. Not, not, not. The normal answers by the dealer - manufacturer's problem so start a case. Started a case and Nissan denies the case.

Everyone says this has happened before and the engineers are hard at work. WOW So my advice to consumers is to be careful with purchasing a NISSAN vehicle and if you do, check out the hands free phone from both ends. If you hear a high pitched whine - run away. Very sad that this company does not stand behind their products. +$30,000 NEW CAR WITH NO SUPPORT!!!

In 2014 my husband and I bought a brand new 2014 Nissan Rogue. I thought I had my dream car; little did I know, it was a nightmare car. In the last three years we have owned the car it has been in the shop at least 5 times for repairs that were covered under our warranty and two other times for voluntary recalls. I knew there was something not right with the transmission less than a year after we purchased the car. It made funny noises and jumped when changing gears. After 2 and a half years and many attempts to have Nissan look into the problem they finally replaced the transmission when it about fell out in their parking lot!

Now, less than a month after having the transmission replaced, I am sitting here trying to get the air conditioning looked at cause there seems to be a leak that WAS NOT there before the transmission replacement. Nissan corporate has refused a buyback and I am stuck with a new car that I am still paying for that is still under warranty which has more problems than any used car I've ever had!!

Purchased a used 2011 Nissan Versa with low mileage (66k) thinking that, like previously owned Nissan's, this will last until 300k without any major issues. At 79k miles the car feels like it is loose and swaying back and forth while driving and the service light comes on. Take to Nissan dealer and find a recall and after looking at the transmission, they say we need to replace the transmission because it is giving a fail code. They only want $4000+ for the replacement, more than we owe on the car.

Of course I did my research and see the thousands of complaints on the CVT engine that is supposedly the 'most efficient transmission on the market' and they had upped the warranty coverage up until 2010 model to 120k miles. Great, that doesn't help my 2011 but I checked and it was manufactured in 2010, so I call 1800Nissan1 and complain and ask for help. To their benefit they come back and say they will pay half the transmission cost. Half, for a transmission with obvious issues that they know about but will not recognize officially.

My wife and I bought the Nissan because it was a go-to car brand, it would be reliable, it would not let us down. In the midst of this the neighbor's 2012 Nissan Altima's CVT transmission failed. I hate to say this, having had the 1996 Nissan Sentra for almost 14 years, but never will we buy another Nissan. My plan was to pay the car off this year anyhow so now it will sit as a monument until some reasonable lawsuit is filed on behalf of the people CVT transmissions has left stranded.

Extremely poor customer service from Nissan UK after reporting numerous faults on my new car (Nissan Note). The local dealer has done their best with no support from the manufacturer. The car has the following problems - front wings have been changed after painting. Windscreen trims loose and fell off. Drive belt replaced due to slipping. Front window trims NS/OS not fitting. Front NS seat base cover keeps coming off. Water leaks into rear OS footwell caused by two seam welds being missed in manufacturing a damaged air vent and dented body panel. Air conditioning pump leaking and no gas but very noisy. I would definitely recommend staying clear of a new Nissan of any type.

First of all, thank you for your time in reading my complaint. I am contacting you for help with my 2010 Nissan Sentra. I have been denied coverage on my car with my Nissan Extended Gold Preferred Plus Warranty, and I tried to appeal it through Nissan Consumer Affairs as well. I have exhausted all measures in getting my car repaired through Empire Nissan Lakewood. My Piston Rod went through the Block of my Engine on 6th Avenue. I had the oil changed on 1/17/2017, but that was not the cause to my Engine to blow. Shell Rapid Lube Oil keeps records of all service by Camera and has reviewed the complete service by tape on my car. They are willing to provide that information to legal counsel.

My car was purchased on March of 2010. At that time, we purchased a Nissan Extended Gold Preferred Plus Warranty which is good until March 2017 of this year. My maintenance records for 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 were completed at Go Nissan Southwest which is now Larry Miller Nissan in Littleton, Colorado. 12/21/2014 I have records from Firestone that I had an oil change, new tires, and a battery purchase. Mileage on the car at that time was 27,089. 2/20/2015 I have records of all the service I had done at Empire Lakewood Nissan. I would like to point out at that time on page 3 it states I had a possible oil leak, and they resealed the oil pan under my Security Plus Warranty.

On page 4 they stated I needed another oil change which is a requirement when repairing an oil pan, but failed to list they did the oil change and stated I declined it. They are stating it is an error they did not list it on my paperwork, and can’t tell me if the used my old oil since it was just changed 12/21/2014, or if they put in new oil. Clearly, a problem they will not address. Mileage on the car at that time was 27,949. Why would I decline an oil change? It should be procedure to change the oil be changes when you repair a leak in an oil pan. What oil did they use? How did they make this repair without completing an oil change? 1/17/2017 My record of oil change at Shell Rapid Lube. Mileage at that time 31,740.

As you can see I have kept up with the maintenance on this car since purchase. I am self-employed, and work from and this is why the mileage is slow low on this car. Example: From 12/21/2014-2/20/2015 I put 860 miles on my car. From 2/20/2015-1/17/2017 I put 3,790 miles on my car. I have 2 tow bills which Nissan will not pay for, and I have been declined a rental car which both are included in my Extended Nissan Extended Plus Warranty. Since the purchase of my car in March of 2010 to date, and put an average of $4,535 miles on my car per year. Again, I have all records of maintenance, and oil changes for this car.

I have filed complaints with the BBB of TN, BBB of Colorado, Nissan Consumer Affairs, and the Federal Trade Commission. My response from Nissan Extended Warranty Gold preferred is that they will not cover the rebuild of my Engine due to an after market oil change. Nissan is irresponsible, and dishonest. They do not back their cars, and sell warranties at the time of purchase that do not back their vehicles, and repairs. I have had a major mechanical problem with this car, and NISSAN SIMPLY PUT DOES NOT CARE.

My car has been in the shop since December 13, 2016 and cannot be repaired because the wiring harness is not available. Nowhere in the USA and they do not want to bring it from JAPAN. Nobody answers you, the customer service and parts don't do anything to solve this problem, they do not give you an update, meanwhile I am paying for a lease car that I am not able to use, and they do not want to give me a loaner until they finally bring the part, and they do not want to pay for a rental. Nobody knows when the part will be available.

I bought a Nissan as my first vehicle because my mother always had a Nissan. Her mother and father always had a Nissan. When it came time for me to buy a vehicle, I wanted to go with someone I could trust, who always provided quality cars and service. Is that a thing of the past? My 2011 Nissan Cube with a CVT transmission is a piece of junk! After just 5 years and 72000 miles the CVT needs to be replaced. The dealership is asking $5000 for the repair. More than I've been able to save since buying my first car.

Since this happened I've found out about their 2015 lawsuit, and the warranty extension for 2010 cubes. The CVT is still a safety hazard, but after talking to them I found out that denying there's a problem, and me help, is more important than maintaining a generational chain of Nissan customers and loyalty. An auto manufacturer I can trust with my life is worth generational loyalty. When they know their CVTs have a problem, I know they have a problem, the entire internet knows they have a problem, then the only thing I want to do is pay my car off and find a new manufacturer I can trust, and be loyal to... Because it's obviously not Nissan.

Ripoff and runaround -- I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima with 100000 mile, 72 month extended warranty. I traded that car in to a different Nissan and had to purchase a new warranty because apparently they would not transfer but had the promise of the warranty being refunded. I've jumped through hoops already to turn the proper paperwork in. Months later still no refund, and of course Corporate blames the dealer and the dealer blames Corporate when they actually answer the phone. Thousands stolen!

I have called your finance department Nissan Canada Finance on multiple occasions including today regarding an outstanding payment on my third lease with Nissan (2011 Maxima.) Payment overlooked due to family health issues. The outstanding balance was paid for earlier this year (2016) through your collection agency and payment confirmed by Nissan Finance. I am still getting letters and calls from Credit Risk Management Canada Ltd. asking for payment. I was told by your finance department to resolve it myself with CRM. (How rude and arrogant.) I have been wasting my valuable time dealing with various people regarding this issue. I find it very disturbing that your finance department would not contact the credit agency to confirm the payment. If the calls and letters continue from Credit Risk Management, I will be contacting my lawyer, as I feel this is a form of harassment.

I am now on my fourth lease with Nissan and do not expect to renew or purchase with Nissan or Infinity in the future. Your finance department staff are uncaring, rude and condescending and have left me very dissatisfied and angry. UPDATE - It's now Feb 2017 and not one follow-up call or apologies. PS: I miss one payment after 14 years with Nissan and I am considered a criminal. They need to send their hounds after. Nissan - The Donald Trump of Car Companies.

I bought my Nissan Altima 2013 brand new. I had problems since I bought it. The airbag and the check engine light kept coming ON. Took it several times to the dealership and I was told that the light had to be on at the moment. Decided to call the Nissan corporate and made a report for it. I was told that I would not have a problem later on when my light came on. Finally my airbag light stay on when my car was out of the warranty. Contacted Nissan and they told that my car was out of warranty they did not want to fix it and It's a safety issue.

Murano - Well when I purchased car I was looking on the invoice. They had charged me with pin strips on car but it was no pin strips. Had to call them about that to tell them and have them put them on. Then I was paying my taxes on car found out they had it put in system a higher price model that is when I noticed that they forgot to put the letter on the car what it is, s, sl or whatever. I would appreciate if I could have that on my car sent. I pay for it would you please let me know about taking care of this. I called the Five star Nissan 8436658467 just got the runaround for one person to the other. How would you like transfer from this one to another. Thanks if you could take care of this matter.

Nissan Company Profile