Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

947 Nissan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We purchased a new 2015 Nissan Rogue with a CVT transmission, we also paid for an extended warranty. We have since put 91,000 highway miles on the vehicle. The transmission began to stutter and lightly slip at random intervals. I DROVE it to an authorized dealer (Antwerpen Nissan here in Owings Mills, MD). They told us that after ($149) diagnosis, it needed a valve body and cooling assembly. We were then informed that it needed a new Catalytic converter as well. They stated that our extended warranty expired at 60,000 miles, but Nissan would cover 60% of the transmission work.

After replacing the parts, the vehicle was still doing the same thing and now would not shift out of 1st gear. We were informed that we were now responsible for an additional $1377.00 for another transmission part. Remember that I drove the vehicle there, with NO issues of shifting our of 1st gear. Bill at this point would now be around $3700.00. They have now replaced the additional part (I was not told what the mysterious part is) and again the vehicle will still not shift out of 1st gear and still slips. I have now been told that they will have to try and figure out what to do next, however it will of course be an additional charge.

They have had the Rogue for 2 weeks now, they DID provide a courtesy car after 4 days. I have cited multiple online recalls for 2012 to 2018 Nissan Rogue with the CVT transmission, as well as lawsuits I have found about them. I was told that my vehicle is not listed by the Highway administration as being part of any recall or bulletin. BEWARE. We are adult drivers who are not rough on our vehicles. We are without our vehicle, currently sitting at a huge bill, a broken vehicle that has only gotten worse from the work that was done, and still waiting to hear how much MORE we will have to pay to get our Rogue back.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have been a customer with Nissan Finance since May 2015. I never had an issue with them. I decided to trade my 2015 for a 2018 this past April. I paid $2500 down (which I did have to do in 2015) and my payments went up. However back in July, I ran into some financial difficulties and communicated that with them in able to get a payment extension which they declined. I made payments which weren’t the full amount and kept communicating with them for an extension.

I owed them about 2 months and made a payment on 9/1/2018. They reposted my car on 10/12/2018 and are not allowing me to pay the past due. They want me to pay the full balance of the loan which is unheard off. If I’ve been requesting an extension for 2 months, how would I be able to pay off the entire loan in one day on a 72 months loan. They are not in the business of keeping customers in their vehicle. I will be filing a lawsuit against them and American Repossession. I reside in a gated community with Security at a guard gate. No towing truck is allowed in our complex with Security Knowledge or Resident Approval. They illegally gained access to our community.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My 2011 Nissan Rogue with 62,000 miles on it needed a new transmission. Warranty said 6 yrs or 60,000 miles. My claim was rejected with a $147.50 diagnosis fee and a price of $5,440. Do not buy any Nissan products. Can't believe Nissan headquarters. With all their money can't help out customers when they know their transmissions are all defective.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Still trying to pursue a Lawsuit over a negative life-changing experience which cost me negative and fraudulent credit reporting by NMAC of which I did end up homeless, (my line of work depended heavily on a near perfect credit report) for which NMAC finance/accounting department exercise Corporate Greed to the Max!

NMAC lacks Leadership in their Accounting Department. Will accept Fraudulent paperwork that 'High School Graduates' with ZERO accounting background, are the financier within Nissan Dealership cross country. The Nissan Dealership Mission is to prey on the Independent Purchaser; check / run credit background, even at a great Credit Score Rating, will state Zero% interest, yet Contract at 4.99% interest... Gross financial administrative error! Then, they will overinflate car cost. (Bait & Switch rule) Targeting and profiling minorities. (**s, Hispanic and Single Women purchasers.)

Truth is, the dealership gains!!! The NMAC financial service gains, the State DMV gains, and the infrastructure within the county gains at the expense of the Consumer! As a whole, Nissan Capitalizes on 'good citizens' absent of Financial Accountability by accepting fraudulent contracts by their own dealership!! This action would never hold merit in US Banking or Security grounded financial institutions.

The Dealership will sell maintenance issue Vehicles under the pretense that 'car is without flaws'. While the very own Consumer Protection Lawyer in that particular district eats lunch with the local Lawyer who represents Nissan Dealerships and NMAC! Even the 'Lemon Law' doesn't hold up in Court, to include Consumer lawyers must be paid heavily as a 'kick-back' bonus to steer clear of Lawsuits targeting Nissan. Similar to pharmaceutical Corporations and malpractice suits with cross-contamination probable issues! Those Consumers lack legal representation as a whole!

Still hoping to get involved with a Class Action Consumer Violation on a Federal Scale! Oh, did I mention it's a Japanese Corporation; manufacturing in Tennessee... NMAC Financial Department lacks Leadership, fails to correct issues and prey on U.S. Citizens as a whole! Now, let's talk about tariff issues of an overseas corporate business dealing in the USA. The last I saw, the Yen is stronger than the dollar and we continue to be screwed one way or another...

THINK ABOUT THAT, before you buy Asian based Products. For the love of MONEY!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

If I could give 0 stars, I would. The car is good, and the mechanics are good, but the finance department messes up my account at least once a year, but usually two or three times a year. They don't cash checks on time, lose checks, and then when you call, they approach you like you're the one not paying. They just randomly cashed my check, showed I cashed it, but then double charged me this month. They sent a BS letter saying they made a mistake, but that I still had to pay the double charge. What? Then, then, they listed it as a non-pay elsewhere in my account, so I'm sure that'll go on my credit report. There is no accountability with this company. There's nowhere to even complain on their website. I will never, NEVER buy a Nissan again, simply because of their finance department. Over three years now of these headaches!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I turned in a 3 year leased 2015 Nissan and purchased a 2017 Nissan Altima on November 30, 2017. I only had one car in my possession. My automatic payment from my bank did not get stopped in time for two payments which both went to the leased car, which I had turned in. When I found out what happened in January (when I would normally make my first car payment on a new car) I went straight to the dealership and we both called numerous times about the over-payment. On January 22, 2018 I decided to make a second payment to protect my good credit. All they had to do was to transfer my funds to the new car. They said they would but they did not.

I had an executive lease on the car (I highly recommend this) so I did not owe anything for any damage to the lease. I received a letter from Nissan Motor Acceptance telling me not to make a payment in February (because they were holding $1047) so I did not make February's payment, In March I made my regular payment for the new 2017 Nissan and realized they never transferred the funds to the right car in February!

So, on March 7th I made two more car payments, again to protect my good credit (did I mention I received a letter that threatened to take back the car during this fiasco?). So, I paid March on time and did not pay February's payment because they said they would transfer the funds, but they did not. Late in March I received a check for over all the money they owed me. That was three months of my wasted time and after all that, they still ruined my I credit saying I was 30 days late in February and 60 days late in March!! Worst of all I contacted the 3 credit bureaus with the letter from Nissan saying not to pay in February and the check for over $1047 with an apology letter in March, but Nissan is refusing to allow my credit to be restored!! I've lost out on a 0 interest credit card and have been denied credit due to this and my credit score has dropped from 733 to 705. It is now ten months later and I am still working on repairing the damage they have done!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I have been a heavily vested customer of the Nissan Product since 2005, being a Army veteran I have learned that many decisions are made quickly without complete information. My first Nissan that I purchased was a New NISSAN 2005 Pathfinder, my second new purchase was a New 2008 Nissan Xterra, my third New vehicle was a 2009 Nissan Sentra (this purchase was co signed with my mother Terry ** - I still drive this Nissan today with over 100K miles ) and my fourth New Vehicle is a 2014 Nissan Sentra. I provided this information so that you can confirm that I have been a committed customer of your product and the reason I have stood by the Nissan product is due to not only the reliability, dependability and low maintenance of the Vehicles but more importantly we are a family on a fixed budget like many families and having a low maintenance cost vehicle is that more important to us.

We live in the great hot state of Florida the city of Orlando and having an AC unit that works properly in our vehicle is a crucial component. Our 2014 Nissan only has 34,216 miles on it - yes it is outside of the warranty for the years but the mileage average is less than 10K a year and no one would expect the AC compressor to go bad with such low mileage in a Nissan Product, my 2009 Sentra still blows cold air with over 100K mileage. Up until now I have had no issues with any of the Four Nissan Vehicle that we have purchased and it's shocking to me to have a major component go bad with only 34,000 miles driven. Yesterday I paid $160.39 to have the vehicle diagnosed and confirmed to have a bad compressor by my local Nissan dealership. I believe Nissan should really stand by their product and Recommend Goodwill and replace the bad unit free of charge to me for such an unusual circumstance.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Don't take it! Bad customer service, broken web, incompetent employees, managers that are quitting and credit department with its own world. LIARS AND RUDE TO CUSTOMERS. I had a car loan with Nissan going directly from the bank. (Draft) 2012-2017. In the year 2015 Nissan changed the rules that the last payment must be paid hard check not directly from the bank as draft. Nissan never informed existing customers about it (me being one of them) and this is common knowledge when you call Nissan customer service - they know they did not tell existing customers. Nissan did not contact me until the payment was already 30 days late. Manager at the time swore up and down this will not be sent to creditors as it was not my mistake and because they did not contact me - they had issues with new web that was put in place in 2015 (also known to all of them).

That manager left a note in my account, as that I did not know my last payment must be done by physical check. However, Nissan still reported me to creditors as they don't read managers notes and don't care that this is their mistake. I was never late in my life. My credit score dropped from 850 to 698. There is nothing else bad on my credit, I paid for the report. Nissan credit services refuse to send a note to creditors, but when managers answer the phone, they tell me it will be ok and they stand by their mistakes. Because of their disconnect with credit department my life is ruined. I have never made a mistake in my life. I lived by the rules for 22 years building my credit score and perfect history. None of the higher ups offered to fix this mistake for me. It takes one letter to creditors to get my life back.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Well here goes. Nissan car/van owners beware. Their customer service and warranty is horrendous. And without a doubt they have an issue with the engines, same recall as Toyota but instead of calling it a recall they are simply finding an excuse to revoke your warranty and make you pay for the new engine. We’ve owned nothing but Nissans since 1996. Our 2 year old passenger van with 56k Miles started burning oil. No engine warning light came on, no low oil warning light, nothing.

We brought it to the dealership three times for oil level tests, then they took the van last Monday to do more tests. They don’t pay for a rental, don’t give you a comparable rental so I’m in a 5 passenger car. They then tell us it needs a $12,000 new engine and warranty was revoked because we are missing one receipt. I’ve spoken to at least 9 people at Nissan Corporate. No one can do anything because Nissan Warranty is not “customer facing.” Their decision is final. So, our van will get its new engine. We’ll suck up the cost then trade it in for something new. NOT NISSAN.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I dont know why I never learn my lesson always coming back to this dealership. When I would search for car loans for bad credit, they would always come up. Been turned down 4x, the last humiliating incident, finally got approved through the help of a friend who's only supposed to cosign with me but ended up having the loan under his name only, my name - hopeless. So we drove home and just before the 2nd week, they called asking for my friend's tax returns. Wrong timing coz this a few days before the long weekend. I was able to submit what they want right after long weekend. Now they're saying bank got suspicious and asking for cosigner. I said, "You guys are the ones who decided the loan be put solely under my friend's name, and we kept you posted about the delay on the docs being asked so you can somehow keep your bank posted and now we are faced with this." My salesman said, "Bank said no cosigner no deal."

I said, "Ok here's the key... TAKE IT." So they did even if I already put 3,000 miles in it in only a 3 wk time. What I cant forget is the humiliation of taking my stuff out under the heat of the sun and piling them up on the side of the guest parking while I wait for my friend to pick me up. FIRST TIME that I experienced such humiliation, although I'm a BIG FAN of the NISSAN JUKE, and 2nd GENERATION NISSAN JUKE IS COMING OUT NEXT YEAR; NEVER MIND AND NEVER AGAIN. Thanks Nissan LB. That review is posted on their website. Customer Relations messaged me and left a number to call in case I want to further discuss and get help, but for 4 days I've been calling but no ones answering. I thought they are testing me how far can I go about telling my ordeal, so I'm escalating it to you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was involved in a serious accident which totaled my 2017 Murano (not my fault). I was injured, however, I notified the insurance company and GAP immediately. The insurance company totaled the Murano (which I knew they would). I notified Nissan financial within a few days and shut off auto pay. Within a few weeks I had to replace my car (went with Subaru this time, it's much safer). Nissan received the check from the insurance company for $21000 about 3 weeks after the accident, Nissan is filing the GAP claim. However, Since they have not received the GAP payment within 30 days after I stopped payments on the Murano, Nissan finance hit my credit for late payment (even though they received $21000 from my insurance company before the 30 days late).

Since I needed to replace Murano and I knew insurance and GAP would pay it off. Nissan does not care about circumstances (injured, needed a new car, etc...). They will not wait for the GAP payment. I made every payment on time until the accident happened. Nissan ruined my credit. I'm still under Dr's care and have not been cleared to go back to work, but Nissan does not care. All they have to do is put the late payment on the back end of the loan, but they won't do that. Shame on you Nissan, ethics are not your strong point.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Dropped off my 2013 Nissan Versa for the CVT recall. After I left and got onto the 101 freeway my car went from 60 MPH to about 10 right in front of a Big Rig truck. We crawled toward the nearest exit and went back to the dealer. They said it needed a new transmission and would be 4000 dollars. At 51,000 my warranty was up since it had been a few months over 5 years. They said it was still driveable since I didnt have the cash to fork over so we left and almost got hit as the car stopped on La Brea and Fountain. As I was in extreme distress and by the grace of God we were able to pull into an urgent care lot and the ladies said we could park the car there until we got a tow truck. This was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me and now I am unable to go anywhere as I have no car. Nissan... SHAME ON YOU!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I purchased my 2017 Nissan Titan with high hopes and excitement but all the hype did not last. The driver seat broke not shortly after I purchased the truck and has been replaced 3 times and is process of getting repaired for the fourth time. It developed an oil leak after around 5,000 miles which was a valve cover and was repaired but now has another oil leak and the truck only has 14,450 miles. When it snow or ices the parking sensors go haywire. The computer had to be reprogrammed for shifting issues. The rear end has popping sound when the brakes are applied and the list of issues continue to grow. I have gotten to the point that I scared to drive the truck let alone have family ride with me in it. I have been in constant contact with the dealership and consumer affairs. I and just extremely disappointed about this $48000 golden covered **. I just hope people think twice and have better luck when it come to this truck.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Where do I start. 1) They don't have a person responsible or accountable for overall consumer affairs. 2) They don't have a email add where you can reach out to the Consumer Affairs team. 3) They only talk over phone, but will refuse to write down what they say over the phone in an email. What are they trying to hide. If you are communicating with a customer, what difference does it make if you write instead of talk. Is it because they cannot be held against what they say since no one will have any records of it. Absolute joke. Good luck to those who own a Nissan and need help from the Consumer Affairs. Other stay away. And to those who own a Nissan with a CVT. My prayers are with you!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Purchase two brand new Nissan's back in 2013, a Nissan Pulsar and Nissan Qashqai, both with CVT's. Our Nissan Pulsar blew its transmission at 30,000 KLMS. Our Nissan Qashqai has blown 2 transmissions and now on its third, car has only done 75,000 KLMS! These transmissions are absolutely and utterly unreliable and I will (a) never purchase a Nissan vehicle and (b) never a vehicle with a CVT Transmission. On top of this here in Australia we don't get the 10 year warranty or any other transmission warranty on top of our standard vehicle warranty. At least you guys in the US get an additional warranty but from the reviews online it's only a security blanket, it doesn't solve the problems at hand with these transmissions. Don't buy a Nissan vehicle! Their techs are utterly useless and they do not stand behind their product!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Coming from a Loyal Nissan customer FOR ELEVEN PLUS YEARS, I am disgusted at their lack of care and concern for issues that my recent lease CAME WITH. I just signed this lease, trading in my old one at the end of May. I will NEVER go with Nissan again after my recent experiences with the Patchogue, NY Dealership and Consumer Affairs absolute lack of care and effort to mend anything. Problems at the dealership level have left me going to Consumer Affairs which were of no further help at all. They act as if all of this is out of their hands and there is nothing to do to reassure their efforts at trying to make me satisfied.

They cannot get one person on the phone to speak with me. I have had issues regarding my new 2018 lease 3 months in, leaving it in the shop to be repaired with NO ETA of time it will be done (because items are back-ordered) and ready for me to drive again. Though they did mention maybe some time in October... awesome because I dropped off my car on 8/27. I also only get this info through voicemails because every time I try to call back it goes to voicemail and I won't receive another call until they have their "scheduled time" to call me back. Horrible customer service and quality of care.

My new lease has a safety brake issue where the auto safety break will go off when no one is around, breaking my car while going 40+ mph. Apparently this is a VERY COMMON issue (talk about safety) with ALL Nissan models starting with the VIN "K". So I'd check your VIN because I am sure if you don't say anything about it, they won't either. I have also had the issue of my backup camera lagging and freezing as backing up since the beginning. There was no point to even use it because it was inaccurate and dangerous to do so. My radio has also just decided to black out one day for a good 10 minutes. Couldn't do anything about it. This is my THIRD time back to the dealership where they finally kept the car to fix it fully, even after showing them video evidence of my experiences the second time I went back.

Patchogue has provided me a loaner of not even the same model or year of my current Rogue lease. Which is fine and I normally wouldn't care, BUT at this point, still paying for a new lease yet driving around an older vehicle for over a month has me fuming. I have been polite and patient up until now. The back and forth phone calls that go nowhere are leaving me stressed and in disbelief with this company. I am in shock and SO dissatisfied with all this "new" 2018 Nissan Rogue and Nissan Customer Service has come with. This is my fourth Nissan, third lease. I have NEVER had an experience like this. I am beyond shocked and pissed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

How can the government say rear end crashes will be helped by the very technology that will cause them on the other end? Our 2018 Rogue suddenly started braking, with no reason!! We bought it just a month ago. Was driving 30 mph on a neighborhood road. The car made a loud grinding sound and suddenly stopped dead still. No cars in front or back. No metal plates in the road (I’ve heard things like that, or railroad tracks, even small birds, etc. will trigger the faulty sensor and cause the brakes to engage!). This is a known issue. And is very dangerous and could be deadly. The dealership says they have received no information on this from Nissan, although we have found bulletins issued several times and have printed them out. People will be killed because of this bad technology.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I bought a new 2018 Versa S plus in July. It gets good gas mileage and looks good. That’s where the good ends... The bad, The CVT transmission has an intermittent issue where it vibrates or shudders when coming to a stop. Dealer cannot find an issue. The main seal where engine meets transmission is seeping oil. The dealer refused to acknowledge it was oil (called it a liquid) and said Nissan will not cover repair unless it is dripping on the ground! Really???

I’ve had my oil changed twice, both times at two different Nissan dealerships. Both times they overfilled oil. First time they pumped 5 qts into a car in which the owner's manual states 3.75 qts and had to drain some out. The 2nd time they put in 4 qts and had to drain some out. The incompetence in these authorized Nissan dealerships is bewildering!

I’ve had three 27 point inspection and not one mention of the oil that is leaking from main seal. The green box is checked for leaks underneath car! I will be changing my own oil going forward and saving receipts. At least I know it will be done right... I will not purchase another Nissan product based off of my experience with the brand and incompetent service centers. I will definitely be selling this car before warranty is expired.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought a brand new 2014 Nissan Sentra in 2014. Right off the lot with a brand new 2014 Murano to go with it. Well 20k miles later the gears aren't shifting. My fiancé drives it less than a mile to work and back Mon-Fri and that's all. We drive the Murano more than anything. My mind is blown that I am being told that it needs a new transmission. SERIOUSLY not even 4 years of driving it and just hitting 20k and I basically need a whole new car. I still owe $15k on top of it all. Man they really saw us coming. Walked in ready to give birth wanting 2 fresh new safe vehicles for our baby and that's what we are sold.

I will never recommend Nissan to anyone I know. I tell everyone the worst of it to make sure they aren't being taken advantage of either. I am sickened by this dealership and anyone who has the heart to sell an unsafe vehicle to anyone walking through their doors. Reason of review: Damaged or defective. Monetary Loss: $15000. Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Dealer: Leckner Nissan of Springfield, VA. Date and Time: 4th September, 2018. (1)KeyTag#**, Invoice#**, I took car in for oil change, when I was about to pick up the car, I was informed and also saw my car was damaged because the person pulling the car in the garage hit the left side of the drywall. It sounds like a horror movie! That will cost me time to come back to repair the left side door. (2) Also one of recommendations on the above mentioned invoice stated: Battery soon $194.00. So I went to Auto Advance to test its battery installed in my Nissan, Auto Advance ran two different tests: one is battery good: 583/600 and 595/600, and another result of running the car: good 583/600. So what did it mean on invoice?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

After seeing my check engine light came on the following week and went to take my Vehicle to Nissan South @ Morrow, GA. The attendant was cool and help me out the best that he can. He even suggested to me the findings of my vehicle, (which was a transmission problem) and if I had an extended warranty that could of fix it. Sorry to say for myself I didn't, so I am left with an 80,000 mileage 2015 vehicle with a transmission problem involving a transmission switch that needs to be replace and they refuse to touch it because it seals with the transmission and suggested that I either pay for a new transmission (4000 dollars) or have one rebuild. I am not happy with the findings 'cause I look at my vehicle as being a very durable vehicle under 100000 mileage and a transmission problem should not be in the mix.

I have own a 1995 Toyota Camry with its mileage over 145000 and never had a transmission problem (probably would of still had it if someone did not hit into me on the road). To hear that Nissan vehicle is that unreliable make me question why my family supports them in the business. My cousins (4 of them), brother, myself, and other military friends and teachers have these vehicle made from Nissan and need to know; when the chips are down Nissan is not there for you to assist you in any way. They toss you aside like you are just another number to them. Their manufacture quality seems to be low and they dwell on customers paying extra for an extended warranty in order to fix their poor mechanical car issues. If I ever choose to get a car from them again it would be a while 'cause I have to make sure I am able to pay for their extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have had 7 Nissan last 11 years. Good luck but one CVT sold. Last 2 took lost. No CVT again for me. Read lot bad stores. Nissan CVT no good. I got Buick 6 speed reg trans. Love it. Better never buy Nissan if they keep the CVT.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have never been so disappointed with a vehicle( 2016 Altima). It just hit 2 years old and I have several rust spots. Service manager slipped up and said it was my fault and there were 3 other Nissan vehicles on the lot with same problem. Nissan DOES NOT back up their product. Even Consumer Affairs through Nissan was a joke. They "investigated" my complaint without ever seeing the rust or talking to me. Does not hold value either. At this point I'm going to get the rust fixed and trade this car in, knowing I'm going to take a big hit. Worth it to me. DO NOT buy a Nissan. You will be extremely disappointed as I am.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have experienced multiple major issues that required me to repair my car at a huge expense. These are issues that car owners should not experience during the timeframes that I have owned my vehicle. They have caused an extreme amount of stress and required a large amount of time to fix. I purchased my car new, direct from the Nissan dealer.

Some of the issues I have experience is as follows. Right when I was leaving for the airport for my honeymoon, the key would not turn in the ignition and the car would not turn on. I almost missed my flight to the airport. Later, after major diagnosis, it turns out the pins in the ignition moved, which would not allow the key to turn. One entire summer, the engine temperature gauge would shoot up after I drove my car for 15 minutes. My engine would constantly overheat, the A/C would turn off, and I would have to pull over to cool my engine down. It turns out the radiator was malfunctioning, which was a very difficult problem to diagnose and required multiple assessments.

My newest problem is that my key no longer works and Nissan wants to charge me $500 to get new keys because they have worn out. I contacted Nissan, asking for financial assistance because I believe that keys should last the lifetime of the vehicle. Nissan told me that because my car is outside of warranty, they are not legally obligated to help me. This shows me that Nissan does not care about its customers at all. For an issue like this, Nissan should fix a key outside of warranty. I have only owned my car for 6 years. I am no longer a loyal Nissan customer and will be purchasing my next car from another company. My dad has been trying to tell me to sell my car and I think he is right. I have had enough.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We purchased this Frontier SV 4X4 King Cab new in 2011. Other than standard maintenance there have been no issues. I change the oil every 5 to 6,000 miles. It might use a half quart of oil in that time. We tow with it occasionally, We haul Mulch. The truck has 78,000 miles on it. I can not complain. I would purchase another one if I could get it with a manual transmission.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Bought 4 years ago. Always maintained. Engines light comes on at 115k and it turns out that the CVT is to blame. Now I'm discovering that it's very common for these transmissions to only last 100k miles. It's super expensive to replace. After more research it seems to be more of a ($4k) consumable part instead of something you could trust to last for the life of the car. This would be okay, only if the repair cost wasn't going to effectively total the car. And totaled because no one wants to buy a car that is unreliable. The resale value is so low because of these problems? When called, Nissan offered no assistance and was very tight-lipped about this being anything but a rare occurrence. This is definitely a steep drop from the reliability standard I thought Nissan had. Never again?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased my 2017 Nissan Murano on 2/27/17 from Frank Fletcher Nissan, Joplin MO. Prior to 5/8/18 (I do not have this date or who I spoke with at Fletcher's) but I stated to them when my husband drove the car and placed his arm leaning on the center console the driver's seat would rub against the console causing this annoying squeaking that was continuous until he changed positions. I was asked if my husband was a bigger man and I said yes 6'3" 230 lbs but what does that have to do with it? He stated they have had several complaints about this and all the men were larger. I said that is no reason for the seat to squeak! We had other vehicles & not ever had this issue. So on 5/8/18 I took my car in and the service dept said they could and I agreed to let them install washers to tilt seat slightly and prevent rubbing.

This seemed to work briefly but then it started again. Nothing like before but still it should not be happening. So I went back again to report it. This is my 1st brand new car and this should not be the way it is & I have never had a car that had this issue and I am sure I could have bought any other car & not had this issue. So I said if you can't fix it who should I speak with that might be able to assist me and at that time he gave me the 1-800-nissan-1 #. On 6/6/18 I contacted the 800 Nissan consumer affairs and the person I spoke with said they will send case to regional consumer affairs specialist to get in contact with dealer and investigate giving me a case # ** from agent #**. on 6/8/18 I spoke with regional affairs rep and he had authorized technical resource to talk with Fletcher's and that my car was under warranty so call and make an appointment to take my car in.

6/8/18 I called Fletcher for an appt. They said they will need my car 1/2 day but he will get ahold of Regional consumer affairs and find out how to get set up with tech. 6/11/18 Fletcher's called. Will get tech line assistance with them to get help on resolving problem. Appt set for Wed, 6/20/18, 10 a.m. 6/20/18 took car to Fletcher Nissan Joplin, MO. Service manager said will contact tech line and see what they can do. He came back to get me in just a short amount of time and said I could take car and he would call me to bring it back in once tech line calls them back to let him know how to resolve. On 6/29/18 I receive a call from Fletcher's customer service dept asking if my problem was resolved to my satisfaction and I said no and explained I was still waiting to hear back from service dept at which time she transferred me over to the head of the service dept.

The man said he had spoke with tech line and they were not to modify seat or replace it. He was told it is a characteristic of this vehicle. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! At which time I told him I would NEVER purchase another Nissan again and it is a shame because my sister bought one just like mine because I liked mine so much until this and now they will never buy another Nissan either. I called 800 Nissan back and spoke with agent #** and asked for a supervisor. He said he will have a supervisor call me back no later than tomorrow. He did have me explain to him my issue so it could be noted prior to supervisor calling me back. 7/12/18 a supervisor called, left a message on my phone and said "the dealership provided me with correct information. The vehicle is operating as designed and it is a normal characteristic. They will follow up with me tomorrow to make sure I received this message".

7/16/18 Sammie called and I was not where I could talk so told her I would call her back Tuesday at 10 a.m. She gave me her direct #. 7/17/18 Sammie called me back at 9:40 a.m. Said all she could do was restate what I had been told which was it is a characteristic of this vehicle. I said I knew of other people per Fletcher dealership in Joplin that are having this same problem but I also know it is not every car since my sister bought the same vehicle due to my recommendation and hers does not do this so how can you consider this a "characteristic". She once again said it is a characteristic of this vehicle. Call was ended! Case # ** 7/17/18 I called Sammie back. Left message to call me back - no return call. 7/18/18 called her again leaving another message with my # to please return my call and to this day still have not received a return call.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I purchased my 2015 Nissan Murano June 2015 because my family and I love the new body design, overall performance is nice, I wished I did not have to send a bad review. My problem is with the tires installed on this vehicle by Continental Tire, I first started noticing the problem around 25k miles; I noticed cracks and pieces of rubber are coming off tires. At 26,000 I contact Nissan customer service and Continental Tire with no success. This experience is leaving a bad taste of customer satisfaction by Nissan USA for next time I decide to buy another new vehicle. I do not think is fair that buying a $40k vehicle should need new tires before the 50 to 60k miles.

I took my vehicle in to Mossy Nissan in Houston the dealership I purchased from, and I been told that Nissan denied any warranty on tires. I am in the auto service industry and I know the importance of maintaining one's vehicle so I rotate the tires twice year. When I first notice the problem I check the alignment thinking that it may be alignment issue but was not the case; in fact my front end tech explained that a new vehicle should not need an alignment unless it had been on an accident or in abused driving. Our family's vehicle is used for pleasure weekend driving, and week wife works 5 minutes from home; so most of regular city driving about 7,500 miles per year, other highway miles 3 to 4 trips to the Valley in the last 3 years.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Horrible service and no accurate response to sudden failing brakes and light coming on. My car has been in government storage for over four years. My front driver and passenger side window rolls down but not up, the brake light comes on, and a grinding metal to metal sound is made, and sounds and feels like a spring is loose with no breaking control. Almost ran into a car the other day. I am in the military, this would not be good and this does not appear right. Next time it happens, will be taking it on base to see what the issue is. What I noticed is if you put the car in park, turn it off and restart it, it resets itself as if nothing ever happened. So, my plan is the next time it happens, to not reset it, record it, and drive all the way to the base to have them look at it, this could possibly if not, be a legal issue since the dealerships seem to think there is no issue and don't see a problem. Standby...for my next comments.

Original review: July 26, 2018

2016 Rogue bad transmission at 66,000 miles! I am anxiously awaiting to find out if my lifetime warranty will cover my transmission on my 2016!!! By the looks of the reviews I am not feeling very good about the coverage. I bought this vehicle brand new from the Nissan Dealership in Grand Blanc, MI. I really believe a transmission should last more than 66,000 miles. I will leave another review after I get the results of the warranty company.

Nissan Company Information