1.37/5
Based on 93 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

894 Nissan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

The fan blade assembly on my 2013 Pathfinder started making a terrible noise. I took it to the Nissan dealer and they confirmed I needed a new assembly. They also stated this was a known issue and they were seeing a lot of these. Part was back-ordered. This cost me a total of $800. The day I was picking up my car, another Nissan was in for the same repair! I requested that Nissan Consumer Affairs look into this and consider covering the cost since it was a known issue. The rep, Rod stated that although it was something Nissan was aware of, they would not cover it because my car was out of warranty by 16,000 miles on the extended warranty. How poor to not cover your defective part and a known issue and hide behind the mileage. Do not purchase a Nissan - they don't stand behind their vehicles!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Not only did my fan and transmission need to be replaced on a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder with 27000 miles on it but the sensor broke under the passenger seat. Nissan will not replace it under warranty because they said that it is my fault. First of all the flimsy sensor connection is right under the seat and basically had nothing protecting it. They said something must have gotten under the seat and hit it. There is NO reason a very important sensor should be put under the seat where something can hit it and break it. Obviously there is a design flaw!

I am now driving around in a vehicle that has no passenger airbag! I am warning everyone I can not to get a Nissan!!! I am going to contact a lawyer and see if there is anything I can do! I am leasing this and I am not up with my lease until Feb 2019! I no longer feel safe and have my children in this vehicle! Shame on Nissan for not covering it under warranty and placing the sensor in such a vulnerable spot!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I know that this probably isn't relevant anymore, but I just wanted to provide my experience(s) with Nissan vehicles. When I got out of the Navy in 1979 and landed my first job. I bought my first new vehicle which was a Datsun King Cab (Nissan was the parent company of Datsun back then). This truck was wonderful, and everything you could hope for with reliability, great gas mileage, comfort and durability! So, in 1985 when it came time to replace this truck (Datsun had already changed their name to Nissan by then) I thought well heck, I had such great luck with my Datsun so there was no need to even shop around. That was a big mistake! I was young and impulsive then. Keep in mind that this is about vehicle that I bought brand new back in 1985. So, I plunked down my 18K for a new 2 wheel drive Nissan King Cab.

The only option it had was air conditioning and that's it! It had no power steering and was difficult to drive at low speeds like in a parking lot. There was some black overspray under the hood that I can't imagine was supposed to be there since it looked like it didn't serve a purpose. The next things will astound you! When you drove the vehicle on the freeway at anything over 55 mph, you could not roll the windows completely up! That's right, there was a vacuum created where the side windows actually pulled in and away from the window tracks just enough to not allow for the them to not close all the way. This was solved by reducing your speed below 55 mph. (I had good old fashioned hand cranks).

Oh, it gets better. Since the front brake pads were metallic, the brakes had this loud metal on metal grinding sound that you could hear all the way down the block every time you approached a stop sign or light. People would actually look at you and stare! I went to the dealer about this and they said that since the pads were "metallic" that was normal and they just needed to break in. That sound never went away the whole year I owned the truck. Ok, next, The truck had several bolts missing here and there so I think it was a quality control issue at the factory. That didn't cause me any concern except that I thought what else was missing in areas that I couldn't see?

Ok next, The air conditioner and heater worked very well (for 18K, in 1985 dollars it better have) except when it rained outside. The defroster simply could not keep up with any and all the condensation on the inner windshield. Even if you had the fan at full speed for long periods of time and tried different settings, nada. You had this foggy haze that would not go away on the inside of the windshield. I actually had to keep a squeegee on my dashboard and every so often reach for it and squeegee my interior windshield while driving. Nissan could at least provided me with a squeegee, enough said. Did I mention I paid 18 thousand dollars back in 1985 for this brand new truck? The plastic grille was held on with some cheap plastic fasteners that after a few months gave out so the grille would always vibrate loose. I think that was about it.

I sold that truck private party for a loss for payoff. I don't know if Nissan's quality control, engineering, and manufacturing had improved since then, but I vowed that I would NEVER NEVER NEVER buy another Nissan EVER again! This will crack you up. A year later, Nissan sends me this survey to complete and return. After I ripped them a new one, I never heard back from them ever again! Did I mention that I paid $18,000 in 1985 dollars for this truck? LOL. Their advertising campaign back then was "Nissan, we are driven". What they didn't tell you was that they were driven to sell you an inferior overpriced vehicle. On a positive note, I think that all the Nissan engineers have long since retired and are laughing all the way to the bank unless of course, they purchased a Nissan.

Original review: May 10, 2018

My car has been held at Nissan repair shop for 30 days, for a faulty transmission, that a lot of the public has an issue with. I spoke with Nissan customer service (Katey **) on 4/25/2018 case **. I was promised a 2 month credit to my account, for the time lost, and money by not being able to drive my car. I was suppose to receive an email on 4/26/2018 with documents, for this action to proceed with the credit to my account. I NEVER received them yet and it's now May 10, 2018. I called customer service today at 6:45 pm, and Jazmine the representative answered with a nasty attitude, consistently asking me for a payment, when Nissan owes me a credit.

She began speaking over me, and would not allow me to answer any of her questions. I then requested to speak with a Manager, she put me on hold, then I heard her mumble a under her breath, then she disconnected the call on me. I called back, and I immediately requested a Manager, his name was Chuck, he also answered with a nasty tone, and was basically flipping me, "Yeah yeah ma'am what's your issue." I then asked if they were happy with their jobs, because I am an innocent customer, who does not deserve the DISRESPECT, I have spent nearly 20,000 with this company. I deserve respect and excellent customer service. They should be fired!

Original review: May 8, 2018

The Rogue although slightly underpowered is a delight to drive. It feels so much larger than its compact size. AWD helps in winter driving plus a vast array of safety features add to driver safety. The best recommendation, it's comfortable to drive. So much that I prefer it to our second vehicle a sport sedan costing considerably more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have a 2013 Nissan with about 85,000 miles and was just told I need a new transmission. The first issue I had was when the RPMs climbed to almost 7 on the Highway, but the car was hardly moving! Luckily I was able to safely get off an exit and pull over. Stay away from Nissan and their CVT transmissions!!!

Original review: May 5, 2018

The Nissan Micra is a nice little car, good on gas and easy to get around in traffic. It has none of the usual safety features that most new cars have but it is Bluetooth equipped.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Enzo Ferrari described Nissan 300ZX Convertible as "the sexiest car ever built." He was correct in his description. This was the Super Car of the 90s with the various standard features that the vehicle has. You have to see one to believe it, remembering that it is now 25 years old.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Bad experience with Altima 2013. I was out of manufacture warranty when first radiator started to leak and needs the replacement - It was a rusted hole in the part!! Next - transmission failed - pieces of metal found in the transmission! When I looked up on the internet I realized that I purchased the lemon. Reviews are stating “Avoid like a plague” Nissan Altima 2013, 2014, 2015 due to the transmission problem. On my request Nissan used a good reason not to satisfy my claim to replace the car or to pay for repair as I am out of manufacture warranty. People talking like robots polite and monotonous. Nobody wants to take responsibility. This is my 2nd Nissan, First I owned for 20 years. Will not go with Nissan anymore.

Original review: May 3, 2018

At first I loved my Nissan Rogue. Bought it brand new. Once winter hit and I attempted to use the AWD but my car was all over the road. My Altima and Cavalier I had prior were much better.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I own a 2008 Nissan Rogue. I bought it brand new and drove it off the dealership lot with 8 miles on it. It has every feature that was offered at the time of purchase. I bring it into a dealership for each and every service that has ever been needed (including something as simple as new brakes). I wanted to make sure it was always done right. It was the 3rd brand new Nissan in my household. I thought Nissan's were known for their high quality and dependability, but that's not really the case. I did some research and found out that there is a known issue with the CVT transmission in this year and model. So common in fact Nissan, rather than recall all vehicles with this known issue, Nissan decided to extend (double) the warranty (10 years or 120k miles).

This vehicle has less than 100k miles on it and it's 10+ years old. Two weeks ago the transmission failed. At 99k I am well within the 120k miles BUT, I took delivery in late '07 for this new '08 so I am being told by Nissan North America that I am outside the warranty by 5 months. Because of being a loyal customer excited for the new model year, I am now being penalized and told they cannot cover 100% of the cost of the new transmission. Really? Really! So be warned of getting excited about buying the new model year BEFORE the actual year. It might come back to haunt you later on. Had they actually recalled it, it would have shown up on my report each time I brought the car in for service and I wouldn't be dealing with this issue and having to pay anything for a new transmission. Disappointing to say the least for such a known/common issue.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Went to the local dealership twice for assistance in obtaining a nav update for my 2013 Pathfinder. Got bounced between the Head of Service and Parts multiple times and was finally told "I guess you have to go online." Well after searching for about two hours I came across a Nissan page with a map update promising to be the latest and guaranteed to work on my vehicle. I placed that order. This was on a Friday morning. As I checked out and finalized the order I was redirected to none other than the main site for Nissan Nav updates that I had been searching for on the web for hours. Unfortunately, running my nav and vin showed that the order just placed was a three year old update.

Finally found the correct update, ordered it and placed a call to customer service to cancel the first order. Sat on hold for an hour and got cut off. So I sent an email to customer service explaining the problem. No luck speaking to anyone Saturday when they stated they were open just another hour on hold, Monday evening sat on hold for an hour till someone picked up. Was helpful and said he'd put me on hold for a few minutes and text instructions to return the first order on their dime when it arrived, and oh, by the way he said that one would NOT work in my vehicle. After about 3 minutes I got a fast busy, then a long squeal and then sat on hold in silence for another 45 minutes till I gave up.

Now another email to customer service - their response was when it arrives call customer service - thanks but no thanks - I've filed a complaint with Paypal which I used to pay the first order. Will try again tomorrow. I know for a FACT Toyota, Chevy, Ford, even Hyundai and Kia have customer service that is FAR superior to Nissan, this was the last thing I expected, God help me if I ever have a real problem. This will be my last Nissan. It is back to Toyota, Chevy or Ford for this man, I've had them all, plus Hyundai and Kia all have better service and run just as good and have just as few, likely less problems and the body integrity on all of them is much better.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Like everyone else's bad experience mine is no different. There is documented evidence that Nissans have a design flaw with the transmission that is very expensive to repair and is dangerous to the consumer because there is no warning and the radiator, coolant fluid and transmission fails causing internal problems. I have a 2006 Pathfinder and had always maintained my vehicle at the Nissan dealership, which is documented. I was driving 3 hours from home when check engine light came on. I continued to drive to the next available Nissan dealership where my vehicle, when acceleration became difficult and the vehicle, simply stopped and began smoking.

They told me it would cost $8600 to fix. The value of the car was, before this was $7500. I was forced to rent a car in order to get home. I contacted Nissan Consumer Complaint and was given a complaint claim number and thought something would be done... Nothing. The claim representative just told me he was sorry but they could not help me. His response was scripted. How can these people get away with putting people's lives in danger? I contacted the Manager of the service Department where my vehicle is currently located. He returned my car and indicated that the cause of my vehicle failing was due to the radiator, coolant fluids, and transmission failing. I plan on filing a lawsuit because this is insane for a dealership not to make a consumer aware of a major problem like this.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I bought a new 2017 Nissan Rogue. The next day from purchase I when slowing down I felt a jerky lunge as if the break locked up and something is getting stuck or going to break, others have stated sounds like transmission issues I contacted the salesman the next day about returning the car and she said "don't worry you have good warranty just bring it in we will fix it!" So, I made the appointment and service said, "We don't find anything wrong." A few weeks later there was a metal rattle noise low idle.

Again, we don't find anything wrong with rattle. We will bend this plate, it still made noise. Service said, "We drove your car 15 time. We don't feels issues." (lies!). It's been 1 year and the break, lunge pop issues has never been fixed, the sunroof rattles and squeaks, steering wheel squeaks when turning, radio sounds like static, vibrating in dashboard when accelerating are intake button for a/c gets stuck, air conditioning makes a water noise.during service wrong oil was added to my car, antifreeze was below the low line.

Been there 5 times for repairs with waiting around 4 hours each visit with no repairs except for the idle. The new car warranty is basically a scam if Nissan doesn't use it. Service advisors all say, we have no problem using the warranty, but then refuse to use warranty to fix repairs. I have never had a car with this many problems in used or new cars. Service states this is Nissan not other cars you cannot compare, obviously because Nissan showed they are bad quality, customer and lower than other car with this many problems! On top of that Nissan has bad resale value only one year and lost more than 1/2 its value, basically buy 2 cars only get 1 - not complete, bad quality, junk car.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Have experienced a Hatchback 2009 that locked and won't unlock. Also had recall on the emulator and the airbags. I only have 49,000 miles on it but am afraid to go far because of these problems.

Original review: April 14, 2018 From the Nissan CEO to Customer Service are all Heartless SOBS. These Bastards refused to cancel my Nissan Lease after 9 months into a 3 year Lease.

Unfortunately, due to Emergency back surgery that went horrifically wrong I am confined to wheelchair cannot stand walk or drive. These unsympathetic Nissan jackasses refused to acknowledge my condition and confirmed doctors reports. This Nissan Dark State Corporate Agenda is (money grubbing). Despicable and don’t give a damn about their customers. Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

Had my car a year (Altima 2016 used) and it’s out of warranty. When purchasing the car I asked for an extended warranty and the finance manager declined me stating that I was not in a position to receive the extended warranty that I was lucky that I was even approved for the car. I had to beg for GAP and he made me pay for my GAP cash upfront $500. Also when I called my finance company to see if they had additional options they stated that those instruction about extended warranty was not true that they would have went through another company not them.

At that point I did not understand why the finance manager had me lie to the finance company about the type of car I was receiving if I would not be covered. Basically I was taken advantage of and it worked on their end because now I am screwed out of a car unless I come up with the funds to fix the issue. Nissan said it’s nothing they can do, "You have to buy a $3500 transmission." I do not know much about repair to cars but my car is calling for a sensor and I'm not sure why my sensors cannot be replaced vs the entire transmission!

Call Consumer Affairs and they had an attitude. Told me there was nothing they could do and hung up on me. I will be taking this to the next level. My voice will be heard and something will be done. I would have never spent my money with them knowing I would have to deal with such poor service and attitude! Please do not put yourself in my situation stay away from Nissan's (CVT) they are NO GOOD! Terrible customer service and they will do NOTHING to help you.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Airbag recall - I called recall center for 2 months. Explained to them that I haven't driven in 10 years. Live in Alaska and have mental health issues that make me afraid to drive to Anchorage, I live in Wasilla. I was told several times, "Don't worry. We don't want you to drive if it makes you uncomfortable." Then was told, "SORRY YOUR PROBLEM." First they build a car that can and will kill you. Then you think they will do the decent thing that they promised to do, I have it recorded so I thank nissanusa.com for making my problems worsen.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Case number was opened because we were eligible for the battery replacement under warranty. We were unable to replace the battery, because the case number was prematurely closed without prior notification. Please advice, who should we contact regarding re-opening the case. Contacting customer service did not help.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I was a loyal Nissan fan after switching from a Honda to Nissan in 2012. Recently the CVT transmission gave up on my 2014 Maxima and I contacted the dealer to then find out the warranty expired at 60,000 miles so I emailed a formal complaint with Nissan headquarters only to receive a templated reply within 12 hours stating their warranty bound "goodwill assistance and reimbursement" policy which basically came down to me having to cover the repairing costs of $3400 myself! Seeing the number of negative reviews with no intended solutions on Nissan's behalf, I've decided to Never ever purchase a vehicle from Nissan again or any of their affiliated brands! Nissan lost another one!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I never thought I would dislike Nissan, after having purchase two cars from them in the past. But the preown side have a car salesman (Jose **) that is very unprofessional, and arrogant. The issue did not just end with me buying a car and in less than a month had to bring it back two times but the service I receive from Jose have ruined my chances of giving them another try. And when asked his manager to call he never did. Humberto **.

Be careful buying from there. The cars have issue, they charge. They may want to charge you for their inspection they did before selling car, ask for that money back because the cars are taken not to Nissan if it is not a Nissan car, some to Jiffy Lube for oil change etc. The cars are not checked out properly and the only good person that helped was ERiC, the sales manager Humberto ** will not follow through. Be very careful. Buy at your own risk and ask questions on the wear and tear, get the car facts "beforehand". It is not always driven by one driver. They use cars on lot as loaner cars.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I am an owner of a Nissan Murano 2012. I had my transmission replaced at 74,734 miles it was under warranty then, I now need another transmission at 115,943 miles which is 41,209 miles later. Nissan has agreed to assist me with 50% of coverage for the replacement of a new transmission. I really think that a transmission should not go bad after 41 thousand miles. Nissan has been very unprofessional through this entire process something need to be done about Nissan transmission issue, I normally don't publically review however after reading the reviews and having the same issue happen to me I had to let someone else know. I am still paying a car note on this vehicle and now I have been hit with this costly repair bill. Please investigate Nissan for these faulty transmission. Nissan need to take responsibility.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Do not ever deal with Nissan, they are ripping people off, this will be my last time doing business with them, $400 for scratches and dents and the car is almost brand new, garage kept and never been touched. And they have the worst customer service ever.

Original review: March 23, 2018

When I went to lease the 2017 Nissan Leaf the salesman made it sound like it was great. You would get 100 mi per charge and they would give you a card that for one year you could use at any EZ GO charging stations to get your 30 minute charge which should bring the charge to approx 100 miles. They neglect to tell you a few choice things like if you are freezing or too hot and turn on the air conditioning and/or heat you immediately loose approx 17 mi. Also, if you drive on the highway you are not regenerating energy and eating it at a fast pace. Other tidbits they left out are that contrary to what I was told the charging stations are everywhere and easy to find. NOT TRUE. THERE IS ONLY ONE, in all of Stockton. Many times I go to charge and there are waiting lines... Even from people who are not Nissan purchasers, but BMW or Chevy. So you have to wait for them to finish and then charge your car which takes approx 30 min...

My latest distress happened today when I drove across town to charge. I repeatedly put charge in and followed instructions... But it did not work. I called EZ GO and was told that they had known about it for two days... That there were issues involving higher up approval and they could do nothing. Again this is the ONLY one in Stockton. Finally I went to the manager of Nissan Lithia... Raymond ** who was rude and acted like he did not want to help. I explained my problem and he said that the Nissan Chasers were actually owned and service by Nissan Corp. I asked him what I was supposed to do and he said google it and left. Very unhelpful man. I called Corporate and found out that the dealerships are indeed the owners of these and that I had been given misinformation... Oh imagine that-- and that they did have full responsibility over the chargers.

I had also asked what I was supposed to do as I needed to travel and was afraid of running out of electricity. He said he didn't know and that I should google same. When I spoke to corporate they said that they would have recommended the roadside assistance program who will come out and tow you to the nearest working dealership and there would be NO charge. Any manager in his right mind would or should know this. Would I buy or lease a leaf again... Absolutely not and especially form Nissan Lithia. I have called Nissan Corp and reported same but have not received an answer. I am starting a class action lawsuit so if anyone wants to join me contact me at **. My attorney thinks we have a good case So if you were basically lied to to purchase this please contact the me at **.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I purchased a Nissan Rogue in 2014. I absolutely loved my Rogue. Until one day I was driving and the rpm's revved up and then started slowing down. My husband had to come follow me home so I didn't get slammed. My Rogue only had 90,000 miles. I called Nissan and was told, "Oh you are out of warranty, sorry can't help you." I lost my job and then the bank took my vehicle. It has destroyed me financially. I was told that until people die because of these bad transmissions Nissan will never do anything about it. I will never be able to buy a car again because of this. I am 58 and always had good credit until now.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I am the unlucky customer of Nissan; my 2013 Nissan Sentra has a transmission problem without any previous symptom. My wife was driving to California when happen and need to bring the car to the dealership located at Tracy CA. The only dealer in town! They took several weeks to have my car ready and as a familiar person to the automotive industry. I know that there are design issues and manufacturing errors. I am an open minded person and understand that errors happen. I patiently wait for the repair of the car and pay for the additional travel to pickup my car. I am located at AZ. After that I let my son attending Tulsa University to take the car with him. He noticed a noise under the car and with the months the noise go worse.

I instructed my son to take the car to the dealer at Tulsa; they completed the diagnostic and determine an error made during the replacement of the transmission where a bolt was left loose or too tight ended to stripping or damaging the bolt threads. They also recognized an extended warranty for additional 12K miles and the whole repair will cost nothing to me. Well too good to be true! After two weeks "waiting for the parts"; the dealer at Tulsa notified me that the dealer at CA didn't accepted the claim! They said that there is nothing they can do and I should contact and deal with the dealer at CA directly. The dealership at Tulsa denied to honor the warranty!

Well, I contacted Nissan directly and they reported the receipt of my complaint; within the following two day they "completed" their investigation. It is an issue that needs to be solved at the dealership and it is nothing that they can do! I got a copy of the procedures created by NISSAN to replace the transmission and the additional procedure to remove the parts where the bolt in question is located. It is more than clear that the last person to touch that bolt was the Nissan technician during the transmission requirement. Well after all the evidence still Nissan denied any support or ruled to make their representatives responsible for their mistakes. I am writing this review to help some other potential customers to became victims of their poor quality of products and services.

I asked for a writing report from their "investigation" and it was denied; they do not want to provide anything in writing. Too much to ask? Nope! It is a normal covering for a crooked organization! Do not repeat my mistake; do not buy any Nissan products! I am not complaining for the poor quality. It is for the silly expectation of Nissan that the dealership are independent of their organization. That I cannot have a service across the whole USA but I need to deal with independent dealers, that they are trying to push me to go to CA and fight with an independent organization whom by the way hold a big SIGN OUTSIDE SAYING "AUTHORIZED NISSAN DEALERSHIP" with their big logo there! NEVER NISSAN AGAIN!

Original review: March 12, 2018

Transmission on Nissan Rogue 2012 failed out of the blue! No warning signs, dashboard lights, etc. 83,000 miles! 6 years old! Should not need a transmission! Contacted their complaint department and after 3 days they stated that Nissan was not able to help with the situation. Nissan does not stand by their products. NUMEROUS reports have been made about their failed CVT transmission. Very very dissatisfied customer! Was quoted $3500 plus tax by a Nissan dealership.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Evolving Technology Poor Quality Systems - Purchased a 2017 Nissan Rogue S, the 5th Nissan in our family in the past decade. While Nissan has stepped up their game in designing overall more luxurious interiors, they are now using lackluster and lower end equipment for some important features. The 2017 Rogue S back up camera lacks clarity, is murky and grainy in even moderate light settings. And in some parking lot situations, all you get is a large ball of light reflection. Nissan sent a technician out from their Plant in TN, but to our avail, all the 2017 models not use the same poor quality cameras. As the owner of model years 2011 to current I have to say this my first negative review of Nissan. I have 4 other Nissans with beautiful backup cameras in any lighting condition.

If Nissan is happy with this quality reduction, we will no longer support Nissan. Time to change . While no one should rely on a backup camera, it should be as functional as one found on a 2011 or older. Technology should improve not decline with age. If they do not care about this one feature, what else might be lacking on these cars. I don't think this is a company that deserves consideration, lackluster response, and lackluster technology.

Original review: March 11, 2018

It hit 75 degrees today in California and I’m again reminded why I will never buy another Nissan. My AC doesn’t work in my 2014 Nissan Rogue bought new in March 2014 at Dublin Nissan. It hasn’t fully worked since July 2015 when it inexplicably went out in the middle of a road trip in 101 degree weather. My two passengers and I tried to bear it for an hour, but ended up having to pull over for 3 hours to wait til dark to drive home the remaining 2.5 hours. I took the car to Nissan Capitol Expressway two days later where they spent an entire day (and tank of gas) trying to figure out the issue only to come away with no solution. It only seemed to be replicable in 80 degree or above weather and after driving for more than 30 minutes on highways.

I knuckled down and made it through the summer, the car had about 18,000 miles at that point and was still in warranty. December 2015 I took the car back to Capitol Nissan for 25k maintenance and had them examine the AC unit again. Another full day of “work” and no solution. The AC continued to work intermittently, I kept up with routine maintenance and always mentioned the AC issues when I was in for service and still under warranty, always at Capitol Nissan. By late spring 2017 the AC had stopped working altogether, no cool air came out at all and the weather was only heating up. In June 2017 I took it to Nissan with 37k miles on it (Nissan warranty stops at 36,000 miles) and had Capitol Nissan spend another whole day working on it.

They immediately agreed it wasn’t a functioning unit and spent the whole day with it, by end of day finding a “solution.” This solution was to drain the freon from the system and re-fill, this seemed to solve the problem. I asked the associate why that hadn’t been done before to solve the issue and he said he didn’t know. I then asked how he knew it was fixed and he said he couldn’t guarantee it and re-read me the description of work done like I was a kindergartener who just didn’t understand. He then only charged me for the new AC fluids and “helped” me with the labor cost by charging me $200. I drove away angry and rightfully so as the AC unit stopped working two days later. I called the associate at Capitol Nissan to let them know and never heard back.

I then opened a case with Nissan Corporate to have the car declared a lemon as the AC unit will clearly never work. In that call I told them I truly thought this was a one-off case and that until then I had actually liked everything else about my Rogue. I told the representative that if Nissan awarded me the new car I was actually planning on upgrading to the Nissan Murano and would finance that upgrade through them.

Nissan Corporate kept my case open for approximately 18 hours only to dismiss it because the car was out of warranty, they offered me one monthly payment ($350) for my troubles. I did not accept this money as it didn’t even begin to cover the amount of time I had spent away from work and the money I had spent fixing this issue. The way Nissan has treated me has made it abundantly clear I will never buy another Nissan and as soon as I am financially able I will be getting rid of this junk Rogue and buying a Toyota.

Original review: March 6, 2018

We purchased our family dream car and recently noticed an issue. Online I read the likeliness of the CVT transmission being the issue that many customers are experiencing so we took it to our local dealer expecting the recall. The recall covers several years worth of Nissan car makes and models, but did not include ours. At 88,000 miles we were told the entire transmission needed to be replaced, with a cooler for the transmission too. The grand total quote of nearly $5500. We only owe $4000 on the car. A hard working family of 4 now has a family dream car that they cannot afford to fix. I read online calling consumer affairs would be a joke, it was. I called and waited the 24 hours for Nissan Consumer Affairs to tell me that there was nothing they could do.

What this customer heard, my family hears, what everyone I know will hear is that Nissan does not stand by their cars. Nissan does not care about my family. Only 88,000 miles and we have a dead car, along with a "sorry there's nothing we can do". Obviously there is a problem with the CVT transmission that needs to extend to the 2011 models too, Nissan. Very disappointed.

Nissan Company Information