Nissan

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Extremely poor customer service from Nissan UK after reporting numerous faults on my new car (Nissan Note). The local dealer has done their best with no support from the manufacturer. The car has the following problems - front wings have been changed after painting. Windscreen trims loose and fell off. Drive belt replaced due to slipping. Front window trims NS/OS not fitting. Front NS seat base cover keeps coming off. Water leaks into rear OS footwell caused by two seam welds being missed in manufacturing a damaged air vent and dented body panel. Air conditioning pump leaking and no gas but very noisy. I would definitely recommend staying clear of a new Nissan of any type.

First of all, thank you for your time in reading my complaint. I am contacting you for help with my 2010 Nissan Sentra. I have been denied coverage on my car with my Nissan Extended Gold Preferred Plus Warranty, and I tried to appeal it through Nissan Consumer Affairs as well. I have exhausted all measures in getting my car repaired through Empire Nissan Lakewood. My Piston Rod went through the Block of my Engine on 6th Avenue. I had the oil changed on 1/17/2017, but that was not the cause to my Engine to blow. Shell Rapid Lube Oil keeps records of all service by Camera and has reviewed the complete service by tape on my car. They are willing to provide that information to legal counsel.

My car was purchased on March of 2010. At that time, we purchased a Nissan Extended Gold Preferred Plus Warranty which is good until March 2017 of this year. My maintenance records for 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 were completed at Go Nissan Southwest which is now Larry Miller Nissan in Littleton, Colorado. 12/21/2014 I have records from Firestone that I had an oil change, new tires, and a battery purchase. Mileage on the car at that time was 27,089. 2/20/2015 I have records of all the service I had done at Empire Lakewood Nissan. I would like to point out at that time on page 3 it states I had a possible oil leak, and they resealed the oil pan under my Security Plus Warranty.

On page 4 they stated I needed another oil change which is a requirement when repairing an oil pan, but failed to list they did the oil change and stated I declined it. They are stating it is an error they did not list it on my paperwork, and can’t tell me if the used my old oil since it was just changed 12/21/2014, or if they put in new oil. Clearly, a problem they will not address. Mileage on the car at that time was 27,949. Why would I decline an oil change? It should be procedure to change the oil be changes when you repair a leak in an oil pan. What oil did they use? How did they make this repair without completing an oil change? 1/17/2017 My record of oil change at Shell Rapid Lube. Mileage at that time 31,740.

As you can see I have kept up with the maintenance on this car since purchase. I am self-employed, and work from and this is why the mileage is slow low on this car. Example: From 12/21/2014-2/20/2015 I put 860 miles on my car. From 2/20/2015-1/17/2017 I put 3,790 miles on my car. I have 2 tow bills which Nissan will not pay for, and I have been declined a rental car which both are included in my Extended Nissan Extended Plus Warranty. Since the purchase of my car in March of 2010 to date, and put an average of $4,535 miles on my car per year. Again, I have all records of maintenance, and oil changes for this car.

I have filed complaints with the BBB of TN, BBB of Colorado, Nissan Consumer Affairs, and the Federal Trade Commission. My response from Nissan Extended Warranty Gold preferred is that they will not cover the rebuild of my Engine due to an after market oil change. Nissan is irresponsible, and dishonest. They do not back their cars, and sell warranties at the time of purchase that do not back their vehicles, and repairs. I have had a major mechanical problem with this car, and NISSAN SIMPLY PUT DOES NOT CARE.

My car has been in the shop since December 13, 2016 and cannot be repaired because the wiring harness is not available. Nowhere in the USA and they do not want to bring it from JAPAN. Nobody answers you, the customer service and parts don't do anything to solve this problem, they do not give you an update, meanwhile I am paying for a lease car that I am not able to use, and they do not want to give me a loaner until they finally bring the part, and they do not want to pay for a rental. Nobody knows when the part will be available.

I bought a Nissan as my first vehicle because my mother always had a Nissan. Her mother and father always had a Nissan. When it came time for me to buy a vehicle, I wanted to go with someone I could trust, who always provided quality cars and service. Is that a thing of the past? My 2011 Nissan Cube with a CVT transmission is a piece of junk! After just 5 years and 72000 miles the CVT needs to be replaced. The dealership is asking $5000 for the repair. More than I've been able to save since buying my first car.

Since this happened I've found out about their 2015 lawsuit, and the warranty extension for 2010 cubes. The CVT is still a safety hazard, but after talking to them I found out that denying there's a problem, and me help, is more important than maintaining a generational chain of Nissan customers and loyalty. An auto manufacturer I can trust with my life is worth generational loyalty. When they know their CVTs have a problem, I know they have a problem, the entire internet knows they have a problem, then the only thing I want to do is pay my car off and find a new manufacturer I can trust, and be loyal to... Because it's obviously not Nissan.

Ripoff and runaround -- I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima with 100000 mile, 72 month extended warranty. I traded that car in to a different Nissan and had to purchase a new warranty because apparently they would not transfer but had the promise of the warranty being refunded. I've jumped through hoops already to turn the proper paperwork in. Months later still no refund, and of course Corporate blames the dealer and the dealer blames Corporate when they actually answer the phone. Thousands stolen!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

I have called your finance department Nissan Canada Finance on multiple occasions including today regarding an outstanding payment on my third lease with Nissan (2011 Maxima.) Payment overlooked due to family health issues. The outstanding balance was paid for earlier this year (2016) through your collection agency and payment confirmed by Nissan Finance. I am still getting letters and calls from Credit Risk Management Canada Ltd. asking for payment. I was told by your finance department to resolve it myself with CRM. (How rude and arrogant.) I have been wasting my valuable time dealing with various people regarding this issue. I find it very disturbing that your finance department would not contact the credit agency to confirm the payment. If the calls and letters continue from Credit Risk Management, I will be contacting my lawyer, as I feel this is a form of harassment.

I am now on my fourth lease with Nissan and do not expect to renew or purchase with Nissan or Infinity in the future. Your finance department staff are uncaring, rude and condescending and have left me very dissatisfied and angry. UPDATE - It's now Feb 2017 and not one follow-up call or apologies. PS: I miss one payment after 14 years with Nissan and I am considered a criminal. They need to send their hounds after. Nissan - The Donald Trump of Car Companies.

I bought my Nissan Altima 2013 brand new. I had problems since I bought it. The airbag and the check engine light kept coming ON. Took it several times to the dealership and I was told that the light had to be on at the moment. Decided to call the Nissan corporate and made a report for it. I was told that I would not have a problem later on when my light came on. Finally my airbag light stay on when my car was out of the warranty. Contacted Nissan and they told that my car was out of warranty they did not want to fix it and It's a safety issue.

Murano - Well when I purchased car I was looking on the invoice. They had charged me with pin strips on car but it was no pin strips. Had to call them about that to tell them and have them put them on. Then I was paying my taxes on car found out they had it put in system a higher price model that is when I noticed that they forgot to put the letter on the car what it is, s, sl or whatever. I would appreciate if I could have that on my car sent. I pay for it would you please let me know about taking care of this. I called the Five star Nissan 8436658467 just got the runaround for one person to the other. How would you like transfer from this one to another. Thanks if you could take care of this matter.

Purchased a used Nissan GTR from Atlanta, classic cars within two months the radio and transmission failed. Took the car to Nissan to see if they could repair the transmission they said 'no' but went on to say they would replace it at a cost of $18000. Said it wasn't covered under warranty. Had to have the car trucked across town to have it fixed since Nissan didn't know how to repair it. The car was driven into the Nissan repair shop but when they took the transmission oil pan off the car to check it the car was no longer able to be driven and I had to have it trucked to my home and then to the repair shop across town for the repair.

The shop across town had the transmission repaired in under a week. The car drove better than when I first purchased it. Cost me over 5000 dollars for the repair for which Nissan didn't pay a dime. Nissan also charged me $1034.00 to check the transmission that they could not repair which rendered the car undrivable. Lesson learned - don't ever buy a Nissan. Never again in my lifetime. Big rip off. Nissan left parts out of the tranny that they knew would cause it to fail and then didn't want to foot the bill to repair it. Nissan sucks.

Nissan is, by far, one of the worst companies in terms of customer satisfaction. You can clearly see it from all negative reviews. Nissan is pretty much done with you once they were able to secure your money. Please stay away from Nissan with a clear margin. I've bought my car 4 years ago and I take my car to the certified dealer (Royal Moore Nissan Hillsboro) couple of times a year for regular maintenance and any major work needed. I was hoping that my car would last, as long as a certified technician touches it. Obviously, I was too naive. I took my car to another dealer (CARR Nissan). They told me that my car has not been touched for years. This is only 1 month after my visit to the Royal Moore with full service.

I've complained to the Nissan consumer department. Their answer was that they cannot do anything about it and that I need to close with the dealer. The dealer is certified by Nissan but Nissan cannot guarantee the best service. The dealer obviously does not care about the customer satisfaction. That is why I sought help from corporate Nissan. For me, this is not how you treat a customer if he/she is willing to spend ~20K on your car.

First and last Nissan that we will own. In short, the Nissan consumer affairs division exists to read a bulletin back to you regarding any warranty, claim, or recall regardless of the situation. If you have recurring issues with your vehicle, prepare to be disappointed and spend a lot of money. On a positive note, the local dealership has always maintained a friendly demeanor when explaining the astronomical repair bills.

Bought car brand new. Nissan knew these transmissions were bad and never notified customers. I am now 128,000 miles (8,000 over warranty) and they will not help me pay for a $3,000 transmission. They sold a bad product and will not make it good. Will never darken the door of another Nissan Dealership.

I purchased a new 2016 Nissan Rogue last week. Today I could not get into the portal so I contacted customer service only to find they sold me a new car that was under a recall on the transmission. There was no disclosure of the recall. I have contacted the dealer and an attorney.

Bought my 2012 Nissan Juke brand new and have had top notch maintenance (ie required oil changes, transmission fluid change, filter changes, etc.) at the same and only licensed Nissan dealer. The recall in 2014 of the Nissan Juke timing chain prompted me to take it in and get it fixed (although I was having no problems) -- I had approximately 36,000 miles on it then. Now, 56,000 miles later, I am at 92,000 miles and have been hearing a noise coming from under the hood. Took it to the same dealer and lo and behold... It's the timing chain. Nissan consumer affairs feels like they're doing me a favor by covering ONLY the parts for this ($485.00) and I'm suppose to fork over the remaining $1200.00 for labor. Really Nissan?

They say my car is out of warranty. This has absolutely nothing to do with warranty. First, my car has had top notch maintenance with documented proof at the dealership. Second, the elephant in the room is the fact that Nissan refuses to take responsibility that this is a premature failure of the timing chain they put in 56,000 miles ago. This will be the first and last Nissan I ever purchase. How sad, a multi-million dollar company can't afford to please a customer and "do the right thing" by standing behind their parts. Goodbye Nissan, you've lost me as a future buyer. Shame on you.

Our 2013 Nissan Altima (3 years old), only 89, 000 miles and we have owned for 2 years, the transmission went completely out. We have maintain, like clockwork, all maintenance on this car. If tire pressure light appeared we took it to the DEALER ONLY. This car has only been serviced by the Nissan/Infiniti dealer. We logged a complaint with Nissan consumer affairs and they declined repair and/or assistance with repairs for a major component of the car. Her response because we were 28,000 miles past the 60,000-mile warranty or 5 years, which we are under the 5-year mark, they could not do anything and we are responsible for the repairs. $4500 dollar repair and they refuse to even assist with the repair.

We were told by a Nissan mechanic that Nissan is fully aware of the issues with the transmissions in the 2013-2015 Nissan Altima and yet they won’t do a recall or provide assistance to owners. This is heartless and senseless of such a major company. Lost and don't know what to do as this is major, while we are in the middle of planning our wedding, daughter car went out and it's the holidays. Real nice Nissan.

This is a warning to all potential Nissan customers/owners. Nissan had my Son pay $130.00 for a diagnostic check to see if consumer affairs would fix his transmission that gave out exactly one year after purchasing his car from Paul Blanco dealership. Consumer affairs of Nissan denied his request for repairs due to my Son had too many miles on his car 11k to be exact. Instead of telling my Son this in the beginning, they took my Son $130.00 and went their merry way.

I don't understand how a company can do so many people wrong. It is evident that there are issues with the transmissions to Nissan but no one is stopping to see why. I am frustrated to no end as a Mother watching her single parent Son pay for a vehicle he can't drive and if he turns the car back in gets a repo on his record. I needed to write this comment on behalf of my Son. We definitely would hate for someone else to have a similar experience. I pray God will vindicate my Son and the rest of the Nissan customers that have been bullied and robbed by Nissan. Thank you!

There was an issue with the transmission for this vehicle, hood. The hood of the vehicle seemed to appear loose all the time. When I would drive the vehicle the hood seemed as though it had been opened and not closed completely.

I have recently had a terrible experience with my 2009 Nissan Rouge CVT transmission and working with the Nissan customer service you should know about. This issue is not new to Nissan. In fact Nissan extended the warranty to 10 years 120,000 miles. However, they never notified customers about this issue until they start to having a problem. Our problem came at 123,000 miles. If you go to Nissan's website http://www.nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php?menu=2

they state that they will provide financial assistance for those customers who may be beyond the warranty period. Nissan just called to tell me that they will not provide any assistance. What a crock. I came to find out that many people who own a 2009 -2013 Rouge or Murano will have issues with their CVT transmission. For those who own Rouge or Murano made between 2009-2013 have your transmission checked out before the warranty expires.

Called Nissan customer affairs talked to a Trey. No help... Asked to talked to his supervisor then talked to a Alica (not sure on name). Voiced my disconcern with my customer service at a dealership. Asked for Alica for a email with her name and my case number. Said she would. Well she had Trey call me back then he said he would. Keep in mind they don't have employee ID numbers and can't use last names. They work in your Tennessee office. Neither one of Nissan customer affair case workers could send me a simple email. All they wanted to do was close the case which I had to call and have re-opened 1st time. Basically it's waste of time to complain to them. Almost sure nothing was done or will be done. Best they could with all their experience suggest a I get a second opinion... I felt like the dealership was being shady.

She easy to handle and the safety features are wonderful. And on top of that she great on gas and a smart car. Not to mention stylish. She has skid control. Everything is on your steering column full of safety features. You never have to take your hands off the steering. Equipped with backup view.

Very reliable but has an occasional issue. I think that the Nissan performs well. There is an issue with the aux input. Plus there are times when the radio display goes blank when on. I thought that it would have better gas mileage as well. Overall I'm very pleased.

Buyer beware! If you have purchased a vehicle through Nissan please review your paperwork/contract. Several dealerships have been adjusting the cost of the vehicles with dealer add-ons and making it seem as though these are items you have to sign off on and not options that can be declined. These include (VIN Etch, Paint Protection, Fabric Protection. Portfolio Protection Package, GAP Insurance) and can add thousands (mine was over $5,000.00) to the overall cost to the vehicle and if you are financing you will pay interest on all these add-ons as well. This is an unfair and deceptive trade practice and has fallen under scrutiny of the State Attorney General's Office as well as the Federal Trade Commission. If this has happened to you please report the dealership to both your State's Attorney General and the FTC.

You can also file a record of complaint to the DMV as I am having to do because of the above listed as well as now finding out that the salesperson committed fraud by falsifying the loan application. Currently Nissan Corporate is not taking any accountability for the dealership's unscrupulous practices and so by filing a complaint, the more people that do will show that there needs to be repercussions and Nissan Corporate needs to be held responsible as well. We the consumers have the power to say NO MORE! Please be cautious and do research online before your next vehicle purchase and if you are a Nissan owner, take a look at your documents to make sure you weren't duped. After looking, you may just find out you were. :(

I have only had 2 cars in the last 17 years, both Nissan's. Nissan is great, good durability and low maintenance until it hits 150,000 miles, then everything goes at once. Performance is good too, until that time. Hard to do maintenance yourself. I would not drive anything else, just traded my Murano that I've had since 2008 for a 2016 Rogue. Service is expensive at the dealer. Downside is under hood items are not easy to get to in order to do it yourself, battery is not readily accessible and headlights almost impossible to change.

My wife and I leased a 2016 Nissan Altima earlier this year. My first 2 cars were Altima's and my third was a Nissan Maxima. My wife has been driving Altima's for more than a decade and it's generally been problem free. This time around I wanted to upgrade her features and get her a navigation/infotainment system so she didn't have to rely on her phone and use her data for navigation purposes, etc and apparently no good deed goes unpunished.

Since the beginning we started having issues with the infotainment system. I notified the local Nissan Bridgewater dealership (NJ) and I left the car with them on multiple occasions, but they said they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I suggested from the first mention of issues what it might be, but I was ignored until they finally informed me of the issue, which again was what I had been telling them.

*I want to make it very clear, this is not the fault of the Bridgewater Nissan dealership. They have been very good through the process, but they're hamstrung by Nissan Corp.* So after multiple instances of leaving the car for days at the dealership and many months of continued issues I decided to reach out to Nissan via social media (Twitter). Initially it seemed as if they were interested in helping, but from the first conversation with a "manager" I quickly realized that they didn't really intend to do anything to correct the ongoing and potentially dangerous issues. They were merely going through the motions and it became apparent pretty quickly.

Some more time passed and still they had no fix after I continued to follow-up and try to get this resolved. I once again proceeded to reach out via social media and eventually they finally paid attention to me. However, it was deja vu all over again. When I finally spoke with someone the same exact negative and time-wasting experience occurred. I was given the run-around, told they wouldn't do anything to correct the issue, and she continued to repeat talking points to avoid any responsibility.

Something so simple has been stretched out for so many months and has not only been counter-productive, but very telling about the direction Nissan has decided to go, ignore the customers and hope they go away until it's time for them to get another car, then pretend to care about them again. This has gone on long enough unresolved and ignored by Nissan. It's amazing that after so many years of loyalty that this is how they treat us. Ignoring us, refusing to help and resolve the issue.

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Sentra SR only 8 months ago with 80,000 miles! After leaving the dealership (hrs after) I had contacted the manager to inform her that I felt as if there was a problem with the transmission because of the problems I was experiencing, the car was revving very high while in park or stopped and jerking. It almost felt as if I was driving a standard and taking off from a stop sign in 2nd gear! This is what my car feels like taking off after every stop I make! I have a ton of text messages between the manager and I about this problem. She somehow made a way to make ME feel like I had been driving the car a certain way or that "I just hadn't had any experience driving new cars". This was the response I got for about 90 days until my warranty was up!

I have now only had my car for 8 months and with only 93,000 miles and 3 years old, I am being told my transmission is GONE and this is going to cost me $3,200! PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE FOR A 3 YEAR OLD CAR!? I still owe $11,000 on this vehicle! And while paying family and friends and taxis to get myself and my 2 infant children to and from work, school and daycare, I am now struggling to make my monthly payments because at this point, I cannot afford to mess up my credit! I don't know what to do!! And after reading all of these complaints I feel absolutely taken advantage of, and absolutely no hope for nissan! If you can't stand behind your vehicles then you should not be selling them! I am literally crying reading all of these complaints! It has definitely hit me that I am totally screwed!!!

I bought a 2012 Nissan Murano 7 month ago and the last 5 month it's been sitting in the driveway. The cvt transmission has went bye bye at 120 thousands km so I call Nissan Canada. Gave my vin number only to find out that there was an extended warranty bought and paid for already for that Vin/. My 2012 Nissan Murano. But here's the thing. They got the money already for the warranty but was up to them to let the dealership who I bought it from that there was an extended warranty on this vin and was to be transferred to the new owner within 30 days of purchase which they had failed to do so you went on to have camvac do an arbitration and Nissan sent a legal representation and at the end of it all Nissan could care less about their consumers at all and come good and honor the warranty that they already made the money on and fix my vehicle for me.

So now I'm stuck with a truck that don't run and a loan that I have to pay for 18 thousand and have nowhere to turn. I'm a single father that's been raising my 2 girls for the past 7 years alone. I work my butt off to afford to drive and pay for the car and raised my girls and Nissan has all the money in the world and can't do anything or don't even care. So what I'm saying is if anyone reads this think twice before you buy any Nissan car or truck. They really don't care about the consumer at all and the transmission on these vehicle are garbage and if you research them you will see all the problems on them cvt transmission. I just don't want anyone else to have to suffer the way I have and for through this. Thank you.

Great car to look at but dangerous in city driving due to transmission. Nissan's transmission would have to be the worst on the market. It does not work well in city where it has to change a lot. Very dangerous at take off, motor revs a lot and you go nowhere (does not change up), seems to just slip.

My husband and I bought a Nissan Rogue in California a couple years ago. It started having what we thought was transmission issues at about 95,000 miles. We immediately took it to the shop to be evaluated. They said there was nothing wrong. I continued to drive it and kept having problems. We took it in several times and every time they said there was nothing wrong. A few months ago we moved to Tennessee and drove our Nissan. We were in the middle of nowhere and suddenly my car stopped shifting. It was stuck in a high gear. We were finally able to make it to Tennessee to a Nissan dealership in Cookeville. We had an appointment for 8am.

I took the day of so we could drop it off and came back to pick it up later in the evening. When we got there they were not friendly and clueless as to what was going on and where our keys were. Finally they figured out that nobody even looked at our car. They didn't apologize, take ownership of their mistake or offer us a discount! I had to take the next day off again to be able to go back and pick it up when they were done. They finally called and informed us that the transmission needed to be replaced.

The reason my husband and I are so upset with Nissan is because we were then informed that the transmission had a warranty until 120,000 miles and we were actively trying to get it fixed since about 95,000 miles because we could tell it was going out! We have contacted Nissan to inform them of our experience and they don't seem to really care about their customers. The Nissan of Cookeville website states that their commitment is to provide their customers with top notch customer service but that is not near what we received!

We leased this vehicle and it was nothing but trouble. We would go on business trips and returning to car, it wouldn't start. The battery was ok but we couldn't figure out what to do. This happened many many times and was told by the dealer they couldn't figure out what was wrong. At one point the radio would come on blasting and there was nothing we could do to turn it down or off. Nissan did replace the radio but it ended up not being the trouble with the car stalling. This was not reliable and we ended up having to return it early from our lease agreement because it was a LEMON!!!

3 weeks ago I went to get my car check at my mechanic place. Everything was fine.. Week later as I was driving my transmission broke and I did drop off at my local Nissan dealership. Next day I got the phone call from Nissan - my transmission is done but I'm lucky was still under warranty which was extended by Nissan because of a lot of cases of broken transmissions. Dealership said I will be free of charge (that was Friday). I had to wait 4 days for loaner car because Nissan needed to send approval - got it. Tuesday I receive phone call my subframe is broken and axle rubber is no good so they won't charge me for labor and axle, just for subframe 1100$. When I start to question them how come something is broken now when day before only transmission was for change and everything else was fine besides transmission on top of my check up week before, they started to be rude and give me wrong info every hour.

End of story for now is they put everything back with new transmission but not axle anymore and frame - my point is I know it's hard to prove if frame is broken or not before you take transmission but I did check up and everything was fine so all I want is meet half way so keep your fingers crossed. Definitely won't purchase NISSAN again and customer service is horrible. I know I can write whatever I want. They don't care anyway but I want people to know and be another one to show how bad they are.

Nissan Company Profile