2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (1920 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Purchased a 2013 used Nissan in August 2019. By May 2021 paint started chipping and can now easily peeled off. While driving on the highway, multiple chips of paint hit the windshield - also above windshield and on door and trunk. AWFUL paint job! D'Addario Nissan or corporate will not take care of it. I wish I could attach photos to really do it justice.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I purchased my Night Armor colored Frontier new in 2011. It wasn't until after my paint began to flake off the front fender wells, that I researched online and found this to be a long standing problem with Nissan Frontiers. I expected the paint to fade and lose its luster over time but to have the paint just completely flake off is something I wasn't prepared for. The exterior of my truck was detailed on a regular basis that consisted of washing, clay bar, sealant and waxing and yet my paint is flaking off, along with rust in the water channels on the roof. This without a doubt is a manufacturer's defect in the paint process or the paint itself that Nissan refuses to acknowledge.

Toyota has a similar issue on some of their vehicles but they have gone as far as extending the paint warranty to 14 yrs for all of its customers, kudos Toyota. There is no indication that the problem has been resolved on the 2022 Frontier model... BUYER BEWARE. This is a clear indication why they are losing market share... Nissan has lost me as a repeat customer!!!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I purchased a new van from Nissan. Immediately after it was purchased, the fan fell off and the car stalled. Unbelievable but very true. Now, Nissan will NOT answer my calls. I tried contacting the dealership in Colorado Springs, multiple times and to no avail, they did not return my calls. I am from Miami and cannot travel to Colorado just to get in touch with Nissan. I don't know what else to do. A representative was supposed to call me back and NEVER did. It's been over 2 weeks now. I expect a representative from Nissan to contact me immediately to resolve this matter. Otherwise, I will continue to leave reviews on every possible site until someone from corporate contacts me to resolve this. This is the MOST unprofessional experience from any company in the world. This is a BRAND NEW car and it stalled before we can get it to our house. Contact me at: **.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

After calling Nissan and having enough with my AC, we decided to Lemon Law my car. Well Nissan (corporate) called me back today and they at this time can't help me. Even though we have been dealing with my AC unit for over a year, dropped over 2500.00+ on my AC, having it several times in the shop for the same problem, had all different pieces changed within the AC and still not fixed!!!! WARNING: Never buy a Nissan as they don’t care about their customers after the vehicle has been purchased!! It’s 105 degrees outside, spent over 2,500+ on my AC…. Still not working properly and Nissan refuses to help!!!! I am so pissed and can’t believe how horrible their customer service is and how they treat their customers!!!! Never ever buy a vehicle from them!!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Bought a new truck in June of 2020. Within the first few months it had 2 radiator leaks, showed signs of a/c leaking and possible injector leak at the 1 and 3 cylinders due to dirt build up around them. After passing by police radar on the side of the road at 40 mph on speedometer it showed 37, 36, so 4 mph off. When I took it in to the dealership with the radiator leaking fixed one leak completely a loose screw on the radiator switched radiator cap from radiator to overflow slowed the leak ordered new radiator cap. While their computer was reset to attempt to fix speedometer. After reset at low speed 40 mph radar showed 39 mph. After getting past left and right at highway speeds used GPS speedometer which showed me only doing 72 sometimes 73.

To reach 75 mph on GPS speedometer must get to 78 or 79mph on my dash. This greatly increases the mileage on the vehicle and runs the warranty out sooner also greatly reduces resale value of the vehicle. The first time I towed a trailer weighing 2200 pounds and a 24 hp compact tractor weighing less than 2200lbs the receiver hitch cracked and Nissan has done nothing to replace it! The last two things that was in the initial list of issues the battery terminals were never coated with corrosion inhibitor and the bed wasn't mounted properly leaving roughly a 1 inch gap of alignment from the side of the bed from the cab. So if you are looking down the truck from the tailgate instead of the bed blending into the can you see it bend inwards from the outside of the bed towards the drivers side of the truck. Well I had also complained about squeaking noises from the front end and was blown off.

I have been trying to get the truck repaired for over a year now to no avail. In May 2021 went to check fluids under then noticed that the headlight was cracked roughly 1 to 2 inches from mounting bolt under the hood, went to other side it was cracked as well. Shut hood got to looking center of hood aligns perfectly with grill but both the driver and passenger sides are off. Gaps between hood and fenders aren't even. It's about the opposite of the gaps in the tailgate due to it being misaligned.

This vehicle was never wrecked unless something happened to it before my purchase at 48 miles. Nissan doesn't want anything to do with me or the repairs that are warranty repairs. If you are thinking about buying a new Nissan save yourself the headache. Buy something better. Service after the sale is horrible. Nissan consumer affairs has promised to fix these issues since my first call. It now has been in the shop for over a month in total this visit 3 weeks and going and as of 4 days ago hadn't even been looked at. Beware of what you buy.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I bought a 2018 Altima with 40000 mi on it. Just rolled 87000mi and the CVT (transmission) failed. Spoke with Nissan consumer affairs and after they acknowledged issues with the CVT in specified models including Altimas they refused to even partially offset the cost 4000.00 to replace the CVT due to it exceeding the 60000mi warranty.. BUY AMERICAN. At least then you have the protection of a 100000mi warranty...

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

We regret dealing with and purchasing from this particular dealership. Our sales guy (AM) was fantastic. Knowledgeable, genuine, got us a deal. 5 stars for him. We do also like the Nissan brand. But the second you hand over the money, customer service stops abruptly and completely. Total breakdown. Something is always wrong or forgotten, every single time. Received a vehicle with no spare tire, broken windshield and peeled off window tint (and some other minor stuff). Now you may think ok, nbd, they'll fix it. That's what we thought when we accepted the vehicle with deficiencies. And we thought that because that's what they said they would do. But they won't. We have been trying since May 10th....yes, almost 3 months. 3 months of ignored phone calls, not returning messages, having to go in numerous times to see them in person and we are no closer to having any of our concerns addressed.

I'd advise caution against Mark **, the finance manager. He is dishonest, disorganized and has given us false assurities many times. Him we regret dealing with the most. I'd avoid dealing with Austin **, one of the managers. Same thing. Speaking with him can best be described as a complete waste of time. We have decided that we will no longer chase after them. Can't keep wasting time calling and driving over constantly. We've lodged a complaint with Nissan Canada and BBB so hopefully something comes of that. We will fix the deficiencies elsewhere and pay for it, even though it was threatened that doing that will void our warranty. They love to hold you hostage. Long read, but hopefully it will save somebody from making the same mistakes we did. *If you refer to them, they don't actually pay a referral fee as advertised. That is a false advertisement.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I experienced lie upon lie when I purchased my 2020 Nissan Altima at Thruway Nissan in Newburgh NY. Now, a year later, I’ve noticed my FM reception is on occasions full of static. Initially, upon a service appointment, I was advised all was fixed with a computer update. Not so! The problem continues as my car made a repeat trip to the dealer only to be told that there is no problem with the antenna or connections. They refuse to replace the radio even though it’s under warranty with less than 10k miles! Buyer beware! Buy elsewhere.

Original review: May 17, 2021

My husband and I purchased a brand new 2014 Murano... a car we loved! It drives beautifully. Sadly, we've run into two separate issues multiple times. First, the driver's side visor breaks constantly!!!! We don't use it often but have replaced it several times. At first they were covered by our warranty, but now they want $185 for a new one. What???? And you can't find a used driver's side visor for anything. Not a single one at a junk yard (although the passenger side visors ARE available.)

Then, our ac went out three times while under warranty (we live in AZ so no ac is brutal)! We had the compressor replaced three times. The third time we had a service agent say he would try to get us a brand new one (compressor). What the heck were they putting in before???? Also, my friend got a Murano. She had the exact same problem multiple times! A $40k car should NOT have these defects. (AND, while our Murano was in to have the compressor replaced, there were two times the dealership kept our car for multiple days without updating us on the status of the repairs.)

Thank goodness we were still under warranty. Now our warranty has expired and I'm afraid we'll run into the compressor issue again. I will be furious if that happens! We can't afford such expensive repairs, especially since the car has only had about 10-12k miles a year put on it. Well below average. As much as I love the look and feel of Nissan vehicles, we won't be buying another one. I have a Chevy that hasn't had any problems at all and it's a 2015. Even our 2005 Dodge Ram has been amazing. Very few service needs other than the basics such as oil and filter maintenance, tire rotation, etc. I can count on one hand the number of times I've written a negative review, but this situation warrants it.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Disappointed with Nissan. 3 years ago I bought certified pre-owned 2015 Nissan Murano at Sheehy Nissan of White Marsh. Also paid extra for 5 years extended warranty. Recently I noticed multiple small bubbles on my hood, last week I took my car to a car wash and came out with ugly spots of top coat coming off. I contacted Nissan with complaints. They sent me to Nissan designated body shop who confirmed that 6 year old car should not have this issue and it is a manufacture issue. Today Nissan informed me that paint warranty on their cars is 3 years and my extended warranty is not covering paint. Nissan, you are not living up to standards!

Nissan Company Information