2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their many models:

View More View More

Nissan Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have owned 2 cars with CVT one being Nissan Note. The cvt had over 242,000km then I decided to sell it but had no any issues with the cvt, secondly and currently I have a nissan Tiida with REOFO8B cvt WHICH IS SO SWEET. I have clocked 177,000 and you may think the cvt is new. Nissan having been in cvt market is the best...My next car will be a nissan with a CVT...

Steve - Kenya

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

In the short time since I leased my 2018 Nissan Murano, I have visited the dealer multiple times and called consumer affairs regarding front collision and ABS warnings. Consumer affairs DOES NOT HELP!!! They are worthless and the representatives are a joke. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER lease or purchase a Nissan again!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My dad bought me my first car back in 2016. It was a pre-owned 2012 Versa straight from the dealership with about 60K miles. For the first two years it was great. In fact the best thing this car can offer is the fuel economy. But would I recommend it? NO. The car is extremely light, the doors sound like cheap hollow metal, doesn't even come with sun visor mirrors for Pete's sake. You WILL feel unsafe in this car. Fast forward to 90K miles and the car started showing problems accelerating, the air conditioning would blow hot air EVERY 3-4 months (have gotten it fixed about 5 times now). Now that I'm on about 103K miles the front dash starts violently rattling when parked, and the worst part, I cannot go faster than 60MPH without the car wobbling side to side and feeling as if the wheels are going to pop off.

Since as long as I can remember getting the car it has always has the check engine light on AND the tire pressure light (despite inspecting, rotating and replacing tires, it just comes back on) and the check engine does go away after a service and then lights up immediately after. So, Nissan, IS THERE A RECALL OR WHAT! There have been lawsuits and a class action settlement open for CVT transmission problems, yet when I went TODAY to the dealership they said they don't have an open recall and I would have to pay it all out of pocket then handle it with the company for reimbursement or possibly an offer to get the car back. How about no? I will not be paying $5,000 to then SEE if Nissan will deal with the issue. The car isn't even worth 5 grand!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I leased a 2014 Nissan Rogue and paid off the lease several months ago. I requested the title from the leasing department on October 23, 2019. When I called a month later to check on the status, I was informed that they had no record of my request. I sent in a new request on December 19, 2019 and they still have not even acknowledged that my title will be released. They keep promising to call me with updates and have never received a return call. All I am being told is that the title is being processed. I have a buyer for my Rogue and each day that they delay is costing me money because I have to keep the car insured.

I will never do business with Nissan leasing again and I suggest that if you are considering leasing a Nissan to use another leasing company. This company is completely non-responsive and incredibly difficult to deal with. As I stated before, their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with in my life. Do not do business with Nissan Leasing!!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

My 2015 Nissan NV200 Van just hit 105k miles and transmission failed. I go to the dealership and that's when I find out how Nissan has a CVT transmission issue. I hear there's class action lawsuits and all. Well little did I know when I purchased. So the dealership said it will cost me $4300 to replace the transmission so I called Nissan Corporation Consumer Affairs and they said I'm out of luck. They only warranty 100k miles I'm 5000 miles over. What a piece of garbage company that puts out a bad product. No one expects a transmission to fail right around the 100k miles mark. That is unacceptable. I'm like can you all cover some of the repairs but now they only care about their bottom line smh.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Nissanconnect services is a joke. It's so difficult to understand what level and what options your vehicle has that the dealership doesn't even know. Nissan navigation is nothing short of pathetic. It's a very painful process to navigate to anywhere!! You can't even enter your home address unless it's already in whatever ancient database Nissan is using. Nissan should completely abandon this system and work toward making Android Auto/Apple Carplay work wirelessly. For that matter all vehicle manufacturers should do the same.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My cars battery was still under warranty (which I was not aware) but Nissan roadside assistance sent a technician to me when my car was not starting up properly, who gave untruthful and misleading information that my battery was already passed 3 years. Complained to Nissan, these people in customer service was even more ridiculous, they said they did not change my battery last time, so they were not responsible for warranty claim. They were just a group of liars so please seriously consider whether you wanted to purchase from them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I will never again own a Nissan, especially if they continue putting CVT transmissions in them. I won't recommend a Nissan to anyone as well. If you are lucky, transmission may get you 100,000 miles. My first one went out at 89,000 and now, my second one is out. My first one was covered under the warranty, but the second was only good for 30 days on labor and 12 months for parts at a Nissan dealership. Both not even getting 100,000. I have also spent money on quite a few other repairs along the way. I take care of my vehicles and service them properly. Stay away from Nissan and CVT transmissions. If I could give zero stars, I would.

Original review: July 9, 2019

A nice bug, the Micra K12, 2006, 65ps Petrol 1.2 Engine. I have bought this car from Nissan in Germany, at 71.000km, and I drove it for 9.000km. 65ps, manual gearbox, 1,2L petrol engine. 2 doors, in bamboo green. Lovely little bug. I bought it as an emergency need for a cheap car, and I am quite happy with the purchase. So happy in fact, that I decided already to change it with the newer model, 2017, 1.2L 80ps. But back to the K12 bug. Drove it mostly in Berlin, Germany, and occasionally on the Highway, maximum 130km/h due to the noise and fuel consumption, but drove it briefly up to 160km/h... (slightly downhill probably:).

Pretty loud on the highway, but perfect for the city traffic. Agile between the city streets and easy to park. A bit of a stiff ride at low speeds, but quite comfortable where the road permits speeds over 50-60Km/h. Feels stable and has some power reserves until 110-120Km/h, at high RPM regime, between 3500 – 5000rpm. It responds well to the throttle paddle. The engine pulls lovely between 3rd and 4th gear, 60 to 90Km/h, it feels quite sporty. The 1st and 2nd gear are a bit slow. Never had any beef with, but yet again, for just 9k it should not be the case anyway. The gear box felt sometimes a bit too long, but it did the job. I would have kept it, but I just wanted the newer model. Overall a good experience. Hope the new model will follow the trend.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Excellent service, polite and efficient. I took my car in, a 2009 Nissan, and I was concerned about a weird noise. The service manager checked out the car then and there and found a stone lodged in the wheel plate. Fixed in 5 minutes, no charge.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Nissan Company Information