Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.62/5

Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

View More View More

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

968 Nissan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I dont know why I never learn my lesson always coming back to this dealership. When I would search for car loans for bad credit, they would always come up. Been turned down 4x, the last humiliating incident, finally got approved through the help of a friend who's only supposed to cosign with me but ended up having the loan under his name only, my name - hopeless. So we drove home and just before the 2nd week, they called asking for my friend's tax returns. Wrong timing coz this a few days before the long weekend. I was able to submit what they want right after long weekend. Now they're saying bank got suspicious and asking for cosigner. I said, "You guys are the ones who decided the loan be put solely under my friend's name, and we kept you posted about the delay on the docs being asked so you can somehow keep your bank posted and now we are faced with this." My salesman said, "Bank said no cosigner no deal."

I said, "Ok here's the key... TAKE IT." So they did even if I already put 3,000 miles in it in only a 3 wk time. What I cant forget is the humiliation of taking my stuff out under the heat of the sun and piling them up on the side of the guest parking while I wait for my friend to pick me up. FIRST TIME that I experienced such humiliation, although I'm a BIG FAN of the NISSAN JUKE, and 2nd GENERATION NISSAN JUKE IS COMING OUT NEXT YEAR; NEVER MIND AND NEVER AGAIN. Thanks Nissan LB. That review is posted on their website. Customer Relations messaged me and left a number to call in case I want to further discuss and get help, but for 4 days I've been calling but no ones answering. I thought they are testing me how far can I go about telling my ordeal, so I'm escalating it to you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was involved in a serious accident which totaled my 2017 Murano (not my fault). I was injured, however, I notified the insurance company and GAP immediately. The insurance company totaled the Murano (which I knew they would). I notified Nissan financial within a few days and shut off auto pay. Within a few weeks I had to replace my car (went with Subaru this time, it's much safer). Nissan received the check from the insurance company for $21000 about 3 weeks after the accident, Nissan is filing the GAP claim. However, Since they have not received the GAP payment within 30 days after I stopped payments on the Murano, Nissan finance hit my credit for late payment (even though they received $21000 from my insurance company before the 30 days late).

Since I needed to replace Murano and I knew insurance and GAP would pay it off. Nissan does not care about circumstances (injured, needed a new car, etc...). They will not wait for the GAP payment. I made every payment on time until the accident happened. Nissan ruined my credit. I'm still under Dr's care and have not been cleared to go back to work, but Nissan does not care. All they have to do is put the late payment on the back end of the loan, but they won't do that. Shame on you Nissan, ethics are not your strong point.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Dropped off my 2013 Nissan Versa for the CVT recall. After I left and got onto the 101 freeway my car went from 60 MPH to about 10 right in front of a Big Rig truck. We crawled toward the nearest exit and went back to the dealer. They said it needed a new transmission and would be 4000 dollars. At 51,000 my warranty was up since it had been a few months over 5 years. They said it was still driveable since I didnt have the cash to fork over so we left and almost got hit as the car stopped on La Brea and Fountain. As I was in extreme distress and by the grace of God we were able to pull into an urgent care lot and the ladies said we could park the car there until we got a tow truck. This was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me and now I am unable to go anywhere as I have no car. Nissan... SHAME ON YOU!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I purchased my 2017 Nissan Titan with high hopes and excitement but all the hype did not last. The driver seat broke not shortly after I purchased the truck and has been replaced 3 times and is process of getting repaired for the fourth time. It developed an oil leak after around 5,000 miles which was a valve cover and was repaired but now has another oil leak and the truck only has 14,450 miles. When it snow or ices the parking sensors go haywire. The computer had to be reprogrammed for shifting issues. The rear end has popping sound when the brakes are applied and the list of issues continue to grow. I have gotten to the point that I scared to drive the truck let alone have family ride with me in it. I have been in constant contact with the dealership and consumer affairs. I and just extremely disappointed about this $48000 golden covered **. I just hope people think twice and have better luck when it come to this truck.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Where do I start. 1) They don't have a person responsible or accountable for overall consumer affairs. 2) They don't have a email add where you can reach out to the Consumer Affairs team. 3) They only talk over phone, but will refuse to write down what they say over the phone in an email. What are they trying to hide. If you are communicating with a customer, what difference does it make if you write instead of talk. Is it because they cannot be held against what they say since no one will have any records of it. Absolute joke. Good luck to those who own a Nissan and need help from the Consumer Affairs. Other stay away. And to those who own a Nissan with a CVT. My prayers are with you!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Purchase two brand new Nissan's back in 2013, a Nissan Pulsar and Nissan Qashqai, both with CVT's. Our Nissan Pulsar blew its transmission at 30,000 KLMS. Our Nissan Qashqai has blown 2 transmissions and now on its third, car has only done 75,000 KLMS! These transmissions are absolutely and utterly unreliable and I will (a) never purchase a Nissan vehicle and (b) never a vehicle with a CVT Transmission. On top of this here in Australia we don't get the 10 year warranty or any other transmission warranty on top of our standard vehicle warranty. At least you guys in the US get an additional warranty but from the reviews online it's only a security blanket, it doesn't solve the problems at hand with these transmissions. Don't buy a Nissan vehicle! Their techs are utterly useless and they do not stand behind their product!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Coming from a Loyal Nissan customer FOR ELEVEN PLUS YEARS, I am disgusted at their lack of care and concern for issues that my recent lease CAME WITH. I just signed this lease, trading in my old one at the end of May. I will NEVER go with Nissan again after my recent experiences with the Patchogue, NY Dealership and Consumer Affairs absolute lack of care and effort to mend anything. Problems at the dealership level have left me going to Consumer Affairs which were of no further help at all. They act as if all of this is out of their hands and there is nothing to do to reassure their efforts at trying to make me satisfied.

They cannot get one person on the phone to speak with me. I have had issues regarding my new 2018 lease 3 months in, leaving it in the shop to be repaired with NO ETA of time it will be done (because items are back-ordered) and ready for me to drive again. Though they did mention maybe some time in October... awesome because I dropped off my car on 8/27. I also only get this info through voicemails because every time I try to call back it goes to voicemail and I won't receive another call until they have their "scheduled time" to call me back. Horrible customer service and quality of care.

My new lease has a safety brake issue where the auto safety break will go off when no one is around, breaking my car while going 40+ mph. Apparently this is a VERY COMMON issue (talk about safety) with ALL Nissan models starting with the VIN "K". So I'd check your VIN because I am sure if you don't say anything about it, they won't either. I have also had the issue of my backup camera lagging and freezing as backing up since the beginning. There was no point to even use it because it was inaccurate and dangerous to do so. My radio has also just decided to black out one day for a good 10 minutes. Couldn't do anything about it. This is my THIRD time back to the dealership where they finally kept the car to fix it fully, even after showing them video evidence of my experiences the second time I went back.

Patchogue has provided me a loaner of not even the same model or year of my current Rogue lease. Which is fine and I normally wouldn't care, BUT at this point, still paying for a new lease yet driving around an older vehicle for over a month has me fuming. I have been polite and patient up until now. The back and forth phone calls that go nowhere are leaving me stressed and in disbelief with this company. I am in shock and SO dissatisfied with all this "new" 2018 Nissan Rogue and Nissan Customer Service has come with. This is my fourth Nissan, third lease. I have NEVER had an experience like this. I am beyond shocked and pissed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

How can the government say rear end crashes will be helped by the very technology that will cause them on the other end? Our 2018 Rogue suddenly started braking, with no reason!! We bought it just a month ago. Was driving 30 mph on a neighborhood road. The car made a loud grinding sound and suddenly stopped dead still. No cars in front or back. No metal plates in the road (I’ve heard things like that, or railroad tracks, even small birds, etc. will trigger the faulty sensor and cause the brakes to engage!). This is a known issue. And is very dangerous and could be deadly. The dealership says they have received no information on this from Nissan, although we have found bulletins issued several times and have printed them out. People will be killed because of this bad technology.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I bought a new 2018 Versa S plus in July. It gets good gas mileage and looks good. That’s where the good ends... The bad, The CVT transmission has an intermittent issue where it vibrates or shudders when coming to a stop. Dealer cannot find an issue. The main seal where engine meets transmission is seeping oil. The dealer refused to acknowledge it was oil (called it a liquid) and said Nissan will not cover repair unless it is dripping on the ground! Really???

I’ve had my oil changed twice, both times at two different Nissan dealerships. Both times they overfilled oil. First time they pumped 5 qts into a car in which the owner's manual states 3.75 qts and had to drain some out. The 2nd time they put in 4 qts and had to drain some out. The incompetence in these authorized Nissan dealerships is bewildering!

I’ve had three 27 point inspection and not one mention of the oil that is leaking from main seal. The green box is checked for leaks underneath car! I will be changing my own oil going forward and saving receipts. At least I know it will be done right... I will not purchase another Nissan product based off of my experience with the brand and incompetent service centers. I will definitely be selling this car before warranty is expired.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought a brand new 2014 Nissan Sentra in 2014. Right off the lot with a brand new 2014 Murano to go with it. Well 20k miles later the gears aren't shifting. My fiancé drives it less than a mile to work and back Mon-Fri and that's all. We drive the Murano more than anything. My mind is blown that I am being told that it needs a new transmission. SERIOUSLY not even 4 years of driving it and just hitting 20k and I basically need a whole new car. I still owe $15k on top of it all. Man they really saw us coming. Walked in ready to give birth wanting 2 fresh new safe vehicles for our baby and that's what we are sold.

I will never recommend Nissan to anyone I know. I tell everyone the worst of it to make sure they aren't being taken advantage of either. I am sickened by this dealership and anyone who has the heart to sell an unsafe vehicle to anyone walking through their doors. Reason of review: Damaged or defective. Monetary Loss: $15000. Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Dealer: Leckner Nissan of Springfield, VA. Date and Time: 4th September, 2018. (1)KeyTag#**, Invoice#**, I took car in for oil change, when I was about to pick up the car, I was informed and also saw my car was damaged because the person pulling the car in the garage hit the left side of the drywall. It sounds like a horror movie! That will cost me time to come back to repair the left side door. (2) Also one of recommendations on the above mentioned invoice stated: Battery soon $194.00. So I went to Auto Advance to test its battery installed in my Nissan, Auto Advance ran two different tests: one is battery good: 583/600 and 595/600, and another result of running the car: good 583/600. So what did it mean on invoice?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

After seeing my check engine light came on the following week and went to take my Vehicle to Nissan South @ Morrow, GA. The attendant was cool and help me out the best that he can. He even suggested to me the findings of my vehicle, (which was a transmission problem) and if I had an extended warranty that could of fix it. Sorry to say for myself I didn't, so I am left with an 80,000 mileage 2015 vehicle with a transmission problem involving a transmission switch that needs to be replace and they refuse to touch it because it seals with the transmission and suggested that I either pay for a new transmission (4000 dollars) or have one rebuild. I am not happy with the findings 'cause I look at my vehicle as being a very durable vehicle under 100000 mileage and a transmission problem should not be in the mix.

I have own a 1995 Toyota Camry with its mileage over 145000 and never had a transmission problem (probably would of still had it if someone did not hit into me on the road). To hear that Nissan vehicle is that unreliable make me question why my family supports them in the business. My cousins (4 of them), brother, myself, and other military friends and teachers have these vehicle made from Nissan and need to know; when the chips are down Nissan is not there for you to assist you in any way. They toss you aside like you are just another number to them. Their manufacture quality seems to be low and they dwell on customers paying extra for an extended warranty in order to fix their poor mechanical car issues. If I ever choose to get a car from them again it would be a while 'cause I have to make sure I am able to pay for their extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have had 7 Nissan last 11 years. Good luck but one CVT sold. Last 2 took lost. No CVT again for me. Read lot bad stores. Nissan CVT no good. I got Buick 6 speed reg trans. Love it. Better never buy Nissan if they keep the CVT.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have never been so disappointed with a vehicle( 2016 Altima). It just hit 2 years old and I have several rust spots. Service manager slipped up and said it was my fault and there were 3 other Nissan vehicles on the lot with same problem. Nissan DOES NOT back up their product. Even Consumer Affairs through Nissan was a joke. They "investigated" my complaint without ever seeing the rust or talking to me. Does not hold value either. At this point I'm going to get the rust fixed and trade this car in, knowing I'm going to take a big hit. Worth it to me. DO NOT buy a Nissan. You will be extremely disappointed as I am.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have experienced multiple major issues that required me to repair my car at a huge expense. These are issues that car owners should not experience during the timeframes that I have owned my vehicle. They have caused an extreme amount of stress and required a large amount of time to fix. I purchased my car new, direct from the Nissan dealer.

Some of the issues I have experience is as follows. Right when I was leaving for the airport for my honeymoon, the key would not turn in the ignition and the car would not turn on. I almost missed my flight to the airport. Later, after major diagnosis, it turns out the pins in the ignition moved, which would not allow the key to turn. One entire summer, the engine temperature gauge would shoot up after I drove my car for 15 minutes. My engine would constantly overheat, the A/C would turn off, and I would have to pull over to cool my engine down. It turns out the radiator was malfunctioning, which was a very difficult problem to diagnose and required multiple assessments.

My newest problem is that my key no longer works and Nissan wants to charge me $500 to get new keys because they have worn out. I contacted Nissan, asking for financial assistance because I believe that keys should last the lifetime of the vehicle. Nissan told me that because my car is outside of warranty, they are not legally obligated to help me. This shows me that Nissan does not care about its customers at all. For an issue like this, Nissan should fix a key outside of warranty. I have only owned my car for 6 years. I am no longer a loyal Nissan customer and will be purchasing my next car from another company. My dad has been trying to tell me to sell my car and I think he is right. I have had enough.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We purchased this Frontier SV 4X4 King Cab new in 2011. Other than standard maintenance there have been no issues. I change the oil every 5 to 6,000 miles. It might use a half quart of oil in that time. We tow with it occasionally, We haul Mulch. The truck has 78,000 miles on it. I can not complain. I would purchase another one if I could get it with a manual transmission.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Bought 4 years ago. Always maintained. Engines light comes on at 115k and it turns out that the CVT is to blame. Now I'm discovering that it's very common for these transmissions to only last 100k miles. It's super expensive to replace. After more research it seems to be more of a ($4k) consumable part instead of something you could trust to last for the life of the car. This would be okay, only if the repair cost wasn't going to effectively total the car. And totaled because no one wants to buy a car that is unreliable. The resale value is so low because of these problems? When called, Nissan offered no assistance and was very tight-lipped about this being anything but a rare occurrence. This is definitely a steep drop from the reliability standard I thought Nissan had. Never again?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased my 2017 Nissan Murano on 2/27/17 from Frank Fletcher Nissan, Joplin MO. Prior to 5/8/18 (I do not have this date or who I spoke with at Fletcher's) but I stated to them when my husband drove the car and placed his arm leaning on the center console the driver's seat would rub against the console causing this annoying squeaking that was continuous until he changed positions. I was asked if my husband was a bigger man and I said yes 6'3" 230 lbs but what does that have to do with it? He stated they have had several complaints about this and all the men were larger. I said that is no reason for the seat to squeak! We had other vehicles & not ever had this issue. So on 5/8/18 I took my car in and the service dept said they could and I agreed to let them install washers to tilt seat slightly and prevent rubbing.

This seemed to work briefly but then it started again. Nothing like before but still it should not be happening. So I went back again to report it. This is my 1st brand new car and this should not be the way it is & I have never had a car that had this issue and I am sure I could have bought any other car & not had this issue. So I said if you can't fix it who should I speak with that might be able to assist me and at that time he gave me the 1-800-nissan-1 #. On 6/6/18 I contacted the 800 Nissan consumer affairs and the person I spoke with said they will send case to regional consumer affairs specialist to get in contact with dealer and investigate giving me a case # ** from agent #**. on 6/8/18 I spoke with regional affairs rep and he had authorized technical resource to talk with Fletcher's and that my car was under warranty so call and make an appointment to take my car in.

6/8/18 I called Fletcher for an appt. They said they will need my car 1/2 day but he will get ahold of Regional consumer affairs and find out how to get set up with tech. 6/11/18 Fletcher's called. Will get tech line assistance with them to get help on resolving problem. Appt set for Wed, 6/20/18, 10 a.m. 6/20/18 took car to Fletcher Nissan Joplin, MO. Service manager said will contact tech line and see what they can do. He came back to get me in just a short amount of time and said I could take car and he would call me to bring it back in once tech line calls them back to let him know how to resolve. On 6/29/18 I receive a call from Fletcher's customer service dept asking if my problem was resolved to my satisfaction and I said no and explained I was still waiting to hear back from service dept at which time she transferred me over to the head of the service dept.

The man said he had spoke with tech line and they were not to modify seat or replace it. He was told it is a characteristic of this vehicle. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! At which time I told him I would NEVER purchase another Nissan again and it is a shame because my sister bought one just like mine because I liked mine so much until this and now they will never buy another Nissan either. I called 800 Nissan back and spoke with agent #** and asked for a supervisor. He said he will have a supervisor call me back no later than tomorrow. He did have me explain to him my issue so it could be noted prior to supervisor calling me back. 7/12/18 a supervisor called, left a message on my phone and said "the dealership provided me with correct information. The vehicle is operating as designed and it is a normal characteristic. They will follow up with me tomorrow to make sure I received this message".

7/16/18 Sammie called and I was not where I could talk so told her I would call her back Tuesday at 10 a.m. She gave me her direct #. 7/17/18 Sammie called me back at 9:40 a.m. Said all she could do was restate what I had been told which was it is a characteristic of this vehicle. I said I knew of other people per Fletcher dealership in Joplin that are having this same problem but I also know it is not every car since my sister bought the same vehicle due to my recommendation and hers does not do this so how can you consider this a "characteristic". She once again said it is a characteristic of this vehicle. Call was ended! Case # ** 7/17/18 I called Sammie back. Left message to call me back - no return call. 7/18/18 called her again leaving another message with my # to please return my call and to this day still have not received a return call.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I purchased my 2015 Nissan Murano June 2015 because my family and I love the new body design, overall performance is nice, I wished I did not have to send a bad review. My problem is with the tires installed on this vehicle by Continental Tire, I first started noticing the problem around 25k miles; I noticed cracks and pieces of rubber are coming off tires. At 26,000 I contact Nissan customer service and Continental Tire with no success. This experience is leaving a bad taste of customer satisfaction by Nissan USA for next time I decide to buy another new vehicle. I do not think is fair that buying a $40k vehicle should need new tires before the 50 to 60k miles.

I took my vehicle in to Mossy Nissan in Houston the dealership I purchased from, and I been told that Nissan denied any warranty on tires. I am in the auto service industry and I know the importance of maintaining one's vehicle so I rotate the tires twice year. When I first notice the problem I check the alignment thinking that it may be alignment issue but was not the case; in fact my front end tech explained that a new vehicle should not need an alignment unless it had been on an accident or in abused driving. Our family's vehicle is used for pleasure weekend driving, and week wife works 5 minutes from home; so most of regular city driving about 7,500 miles per year, other highway miles 3 to 4 trips to the Valley in the last 3 years.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Horrible service and no accurate response to sudden failing brakes and light coming on. My car has been in government storage for over four years. My front driver and passenger side window rolls down but not up, the brake light comes on, and a grinding metal to metal sound is made, and sounds and feels like a spring is loose with no breaking control. Almost ran into a car the other day. I am in the military, this would not be good and this does not appear right. Next time it happens, will be taking it on base to see what the issue is. What I noticed is if you put the car in park, turn it off and restart it, it resets itself as if nothing ever happened. So, my plan is the next time it happens, to not reset it, record it, and drive all the way to the base to have them look at it, this could possibly if not, be a legal issue since the dealerships seem to think there is no issue and don't see a problem. Standby...for my next comments.

Original review: July 26, 2018

2016 Rogue bad transmission at 66,000 miles! I am anxiously awaiting to find out if my lifetime warranty will cover my transmission on my 2016!!! By the looks of the reviews I am not feeling very good about the coverage. I bought this vehicle brand new from the Nissan Dealership in Grand Blanc, MI. I really believe a transmission should last more than 66,000 miles. I will leave another review after I get the results of the warranty company.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Nissan is one big scam. Do not lease or buy a car from them. A windshield cracked on a New car. They put the part on back order without a date. The car is not able to be used and they are still requiring for the leasee to pay for the lease when they are not providing any part, For over a month already! In addition I believe there are laws in certain states requiring a manufacturer to have parts available for up to 5 years on certain items. Good to have Warranty Compliance Advisors as our assistance here. We reached out to Nissan and got a pathetic response still nothing doing.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Don't Buy A Nissan Vehicle From My Local Dealership. I will only provide one star as there is no Zero that I can provide as a rating. Purchased three Nissan Vehicles from our local dealership. 1st was a 2012 Frontier (SL). Fully certified with less than 6,000 miles in 2015. The following issue came to light AFTER I purchased the truck. Both front and rear bumpers had to be replaced due to damage from the sale person who we found out drove the truck to pull his boat. He off set the bumpers and caused the braces to be pulled down causing the bumpers to pull away from the frame. The brakes were replaced twice at a cost of $680 each time. The initial brake repair was not proper repaired as the dealership used third party parts. Actually told me that and then claim they were Nissan parts - but had faults. Cost me two brake jobs and complete bumper replacements and the story is just starting.

When I felt unsafe in the vehicle I was going to sell it back to Nissan. That is when the adjuster informed me that the right side fender has been damaged and repaired. Also the front glass had been replace incorrectly. None of this was on the CARFAX, nor reported to me at the time of sale. Now my wife has a 2017 Nissan Rogue. The vehicle has portions of the front bumper pulling away from the body. The dealership informed me that my wife must have hit a parking block and dragged the frame over the block which has caused damage to the underside of the car. My wife may drive her car less than 3000 a year and SHE did it. No I think when they were preparing the car was sell they hit the lifting rack and caused the damage. The foot lift door doesn't work. No problem the dealership will tell you as they really never work correctly. NICE!

I have a 2015 Frontier from the same dealership. I just purchased the vehicle less than one month ago as I need to have a truck. Stupid me - thinking that everything would go well. Fooled me again! Yesterday the truck would not start leaving me well out of my local area. When we tried to replace the battery I found that wires and the battery were so corroded that it needed to replace the wiring and the battery. That was a great cost of funds. What does the 100 point inspect include? So I have been a fool for the third times. This is my fault. But I want everyone to know that you need to find a solid dealership that respect you and values your business.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Stay away from Nissan. We purchased our "certified pre-owned" vehicle 8 months ago with 6,000 miles on it, and have had the check engine light come on 6 times. Each time, the Mass Air Flow Sensor being the error code. The dealership "fixes" it, but yet it keeps becoming a problem. The last time the check engine light came on, it stalled on the highway, nearly having us smashed by a tractor trailer. Yet, the dealership and Nissan continue to give us the run-around and refuse to cancel our loan, or provide us with a reasonable remedy, even after a formal complaint was filed. Do not buy any vehicle from Nissan.

Original review: July 10, 2018

2012 Nissan Rogue S AWD, with a CVT. 2015 Oct, I purchased the vehicle use with 96K miles, still within the bumper to bumper warranty (different owner). 2 Weeks after purchase during an attempt to vacation, we arrive in St. George with a smoking engine compartment and loss of fluids. The transmission blew due to it overheating. It over heating due to the poorly manufactured cooling portion of the CVT. Which resulting in the transmission being overheated and "blown". The Nissan Dealer in St. George charged my purchased extended warranty for the replacement. Not the extended manufacture warranty it should have been covered under still. $4,600 total - $480 out of pocket.

June 6th, 2017. (1.5 years later, 7 months outside of warranty and 124,500 miles) Traveling to Grand Junction. Vehicle started mimicking similar issues as prior. Had to replace the cooling portion of the unit. They upgraded it to the "better" version (the external cooler) that would prevent the transmission from over heating. $1,000 total $160 out of pocket. (Thank goodness for my extended warranty AGAIN). July 7th, 2018. 1 month outside of warranty for the external cooler and 136,907 miles. Traveling to Twin Falls. Same issues start occurring. AGAIN. Took to the dealership on 7/9 where I was advised that my transmission had went into fail safe mode 111 times. Leading to need to replace the transmission once again due to the external cooler not doing its job once again.

I have contact Nissan Consumer Affairs, I opened a case which went to review. Subsequently being denied for "Goodwill Assistance" on 7/10 at 5:20 PM for assistance on another $5,000 repair due to defective manufacturing due to the vehicle being outside of the 60,000 mile manufacture warranty. I was very friendly offered the opportunity to purchase another vehicle from Nissan though. I THINK NOT! Nissan, it is time for you to own up to your defective vehicles and repair them at your cost since there are so many of these that are occurring with the same issue! I also urge everyone to contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and report the problems of loss of acceleration etc.

Original review: July 5, 2018

In general, I am not satisfied with Nissan. Their car is not reliable. Last month, I met with their customer service too. It is worse than their vehicles. They wanted to fix three recalls and broke my car. Now, my car is not working, they are asking for money to fix it. I filed a claim. It is just useless. I highly recommend staying away from Nissan and further than their customer service.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Had a brand new 2012 Rogue Transmission blew, now bought a 2016 Altima and same problem with ct transmission. It blew, AND VERY SAD WITH THE quality of Nissan. It's getting bad. I think soon if problem happens again I will return car and have it get repo and will never get into Nissan again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I was actually in a hurry to buy a car as mine got totaled in an accident. The price seemed to be a good value and dealership close to home helped. I like my car that is why I have not replaced it after thirteen years. I think Nissan is a very good brand or make of cars. I love how quiet it is. I get complimented on the color and looks of the car. Car rides smoothly and runs quiet. I like the material of the seats. The radio had a nice sound. I like the color, the size, the sunroof, and electric seats. However, I dislike the small cabinet. The covering has rippled and the gearshift fid too. Air vents for the air conditioner are placed wrong on the dash. During hot summers in Las Vegas seems like it never get cool enough.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I like the computer system that lets you know when it is service time. I also like the alert system, the stereo system, back up camera, systems for telephones, the windshield service, the mobility of the seats, steering volume to be adjusted when needed, the way the seat adjust to help with visibility, the built in coasters for handling drinks, and all the compartments that hold important papers. I also like the way my plan is set up, the mileage that I get, the attitudes for the workers that is provided when servicing the car and the service that they supply. However, I dislike the way the system is set up for more payment when something breaks on the car, having to put more warranty on the car and the warranty that comes with the brand new cars, and the price of the tires. But still, I love the car.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have always wanted a truck and I really like purchasing my Nissan truck. It was reliable and it drives very good. I like the power it had to maintain a steady speed. It was good on gas to carry me far distances. My truck also had a stereo system in it which played very good. But I would add a DVD player to watch movies when I'm on the road with my grand kids. I like the way it sits up high were I can see everything but I would also like to buy it with the windows tinted to keep the sun out in the summer time because I live in Florida. I would of also like more cup holders.

Nissan Company Information