2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Awful. My 23 yr old daughter leased a car. She passed away suddenly. No compassion, no sympathy, just money hungry even when I asked to pay off lease wanted to hit me with more fees. One year later after 3 death certificates have been sent as proof they still call my house to speak to my daughter. Disgusting company. Will never deal with Nissan again. Total classless corporation and no one has the balls to call me back.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I have 2012 Sentra that just failed transmission. The cost of repair - $4K. When buying this car I had no idea 8 years is its lifespan. They KNOW about this problem and extended warranty for 2003-2010 models but not later models. Nissan said they "fixed" the problem. THEY LIED. Now the only way to me to do it is a lawsuit. There was a lawsuit filed and settled. PLEASE READ about it before buying Nissan. I wish I had. You can find a lot of good reviews online - don't believe it, it is from people who just bought it or from dealers. Mine is a real story how reliable Nissans are after 8 years. You need to spend not $500 or $600 on minor repair of older car, you'll need $4K. We have 2 Nissans. Guess where I am going for my new car? Anywhere but Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Cliff notes: No email available to communicate with the corporate office concerning warranty work. You have to use a call center that is slow, cumbersome, and not proactive. Wish we would have stuck with purchasing tried and true Chevy C2500, Ford F250, or RAM 2500 diesels. We purchased a 2018 Titan XD Pro4X (Diesel) truck for our small construction company. The specs matched our needs though the reviews were not as strong as we would have liked the price was appealing and the reviews were not terrible. The size was more comfortable than the C2500 and F250 we have in service.

At 30K miles we received both ABS and 4WD warnings after traveling 300+ miles that day. The engine was fine just no 4wd or cruise control. The dealership advised we were fine to continue our trip and to come in when back in town or we could go to another dealership near us if time allowed. Over night the error reset. The dealer said to bring it in when back in town the computer would let them know what need to be repaired on the drive train.

On our return trip the error happened again at around 350 miles and again over night it reset and was fine. The trip to the dealership was inconclusive and I was advise to drive around until the error happened again even though that might be over 300+ miles as 5 things might be causing the problem and they could not test each of those components to rule them out. That effort was too intense for them. Thus the call to corporate to report the dealer would not take action on what my local mechanic found on his diagnosis machine. What a run around. The non dealer shop received the P1819 Shift ACT CIR Malfunction detected in the transfer motor circuit error and advised that should be too touch for a certified mechanic to figure out.

Finally I have convince the dealership they needed to do more for me and they are taking the truck back in and are prepared to trace back the error and replace the transfer case in the event it is the culprit. This was after I paid our local mechanic to diagnosis the problem and the local service manager had twice refused to perform further repairs until the truck failed again. The only response I can get from Corporate Nissan is to call them. When calling I am referred back to the dealer and am told they have no access to the dealership's efforts though we have Nissan Connect which reads what maintenance and system status in on the truck. Shame on us for choosing Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

They never offered to help during the pandemic, I had to call out of desperation to see if there was anything they could do because I lost my job due to covid-19 and have no source of income. They extended my loan as I stayed out of a job for the past 3 months and now, according to them, the pandemic is over and I should have a source of income by now and make my payments. TRILLION DOLLAR COMPANY really penny pinching and can’t do anything to help their customers during this time of need. Real classy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Paid my Nissan on July 23 2020, the check cleared July 24, 2020. I was told it would take 15 days, it is now Aug 15th and no title. Called on Aug 7 and told them it's been 15 days where is my title. She said that its going out today, I asked for it to be overnighted and she refused. Called on Aug 15 was told it was mailed Aug 10 not Friday Aug 7 that was previously told to me. I am selling this vehicle and need the title so my buyer can register it. Terrible service, I have paid my bill on time and I need my title now.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Nissan is one of the most crooked companies in the world. Many people do not know that they have been committing criminal business practices for ten years now by fooling consumers with their fancy CVT transmissions that have prematurely failed on tens of thousands of Versas, Sentras, Rogues and other models and it is a disgrace that they have been allowed to get away with this kind of egregious behavior for so long. A class action lawsuit was filed against Nissan, but many car owners never received the details of the lawsuit until it was almost in settlement which settled in March 2020.

Sadly this court in Tennessee and all the crooked lawyers attached to this class action lawsuit really received all the benefits of the settlement but tens of thousands of Nissan owners were left out in the cold because they sneakingly increased the warranty to a random 84,000 miles when many many transmissions have failed after that mileage but still very prematurely. I am one of those victims and had I known about the crookedness of this disgusting company I would have never purchased my 2015 Sentra from Hertz. My transmission started showing failure issues at approximately 70,000 miles, but it finally totally failed at 99,000 miles. I only found out about the class action lawsuit because of the research I was doing online and taking the car to a repair service to find out it had failed. I petitioned the court and objected to the settlement, but because there were only a few of us who objected, the judge denied the objection.

I am not done with this, but because of the pandemic, I am not able to reach the news media investigative teams to report this crookery. It is an unconscionable act that Nissan has duped 100s of thousands of customers the last ten years. I intend on writing to the newspapers to further expose these crooks. They do not deserve being in business, and if people knew how the company was run and their ex CEO is an international fugitive, people maybe would stop buying their cars. Adding insult to injury I just received a disgusting piece of mail that Nissan has been forced to send to Nissan owners extending this disgusting warranty only because they were mandated to do so.

What about the other 100s of thousands of customers who already got screwed? And furthermore, they have made it so repair services can't rebuild them, they have to purchase an already rebuilt transmission probably from a company that is connected to them. The cost is prohibitive for most of us, a whopping $4,000. My poor car has been sitting outside unable to be driven for seven months now and furthermore these cars will have no resale value due to the criminal business practices of Nissan. Couldn't get any worse than this!

Original review: July 30, 2020

Never lease a car from Nissan!!! I leased a car from Nissan, made all my payments, had inspection done (car was in excellent condition), I was 10,000 miles under my allowance, and they send me a bill for $420 just because I turned the car in at the end of the lease and didn't get another Nissan!!!! They say there is no way around this fee unless you get another Nissan!!! GREAT way to do business!??? I will NEVER buy or lease a Nissan again! None of this was told to me when I leased the car. I am at a loss for words.... Just wanted to pass this information along so that it doesn't happen to anyone else. TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!

Original review: May 18, 2020

Nissan extended their CVT transmission warranty from 60,000 miles to 120,000 miles on the Nissan Versa because they knew about the transmission failures. My Nissan Versa transmission died at 132,000 and Nissan said they wouldn't do anything about it. When they thought I was going to hire a lawyer they seemed very responsive. I didn't hire a lawyer unfortunately and Nissan didn't provide any support for the problem. I had to pay over $4,000 to put in a refurbished transmission. The cruise control and the tire light stopped working a long time ago also. They should have covered at least some of the cost of the transmission because they knew about the failures. My previous car which was a Nissan Quest didn't have any transmission problems so I expected similar results and was disappointed with the Versa.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I purchased my Nissan Sentra (2013) in 2016 and have been a responsible owner and performed regular maintenance on the vehicle. This past March 2020 my vehicle made a complete stop as I was going 60mph on the highway, the vehicle remained on and did not move in any gear and it is strange since I had barely reached 70k miles (which is not a lot for a transmission to fail). I called a trusted mechanic which advised me this type of vehicles are known for this type of problems. Called the Nissan and explained my situation, they insisted on having their own dealership take a look at it, I told them it was the transmission and was willing to give them the codes the mechanic gave me, all I wanted to know if they were willing to help, but they kept insisting that in order for them to offer me any type of assistance I would have to tow it (at my own expense) to their dealership and pay them $150 for a diagnosis.

After I spent all the money I had to tow it, they reviewed it and determined it was the transmission (who knew?) then I was informed Nissan would not cover any repair and not only was I billed for $150 for the diagnosis, but also $500 for hrs of labor. Nissan claims that since vehicle is barely outside of warranty (which they knew before I took it to them), they won't cover anything. Upon research I found out they have been made aware of this problem and even settled on a major class action lawsuit just 2 months ago for failure on their cvt transmission. Wonder how many deaths and accidents they are responsible for? If they know they have this problem, why not do a recall on this type of vehicles? Pure trash!!! Now I'm stuck with a $4000 repair bill for a car I am still financing.

Original review: April 30, 2020

The salesman troy said my credit wasn't good, only qualified for the Nissan Rogue, I could get refinanced in 3 months to lower my payment. The finance guy ran my credit 15 times without my permission and he won't remove the it by calling the credit bureaus. He had me sign the papers for a lender only to call me a week later and say the deal fell thru. Come back in and resign. When I refused and said I wanted to cancel the deal, he became loud and disgruntled. He said, "You can't change your mind and we already sold your vehicle." I tried to refinance 3 months later and was told by the lender they don't do refinance on their loans. Now I am stuck with a high payment.

Nissan Company Information