3.63/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their many models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I have been a Nissan customer since 2004 and was happy with the brand until one of my Nissans started having issues. I purchased a Nissan extended warranty when the car was new and unfortunately it ended up being a waste of money. My car is a Roadster and it is making some loud noises during closing it and has excessive wind noise along with rattles. The dealer, St. Charles Nissan, said it is normal operation to avoid a repair under extended warranty. They even charge me a diagnostic fee for that. It is obviously not normal based on hundreds of top related online complaints so I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs for their help. They basically said they can not force the dealer to do anything. Since they do not care about their customers, I will find another brand for our future car purchases.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Four years ago, I was told a recall had to be done on my 2011 Cross Cabriolet. After the recall work was done, the roof would not close correctly. I have taken the car back to the dealer several times over 4 years. Each time the problem gets worse, not better. Nissan USA is no help. The dealer is no help. Nissan no longer employs mechanics; just employs inept part changers. No wonder Nissan is tanking.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Purchased Nissan Altima..brand new from Davidson Nissan In Watertown NY. My car overheated to the point the indicator was pegged out completely! And fluid spewed out from under the hood multiple times!! First trip to very unfriendly service department..was told could not repeat. Picked up my car and the radiator fluid was still all over the front end of my car!! Next day picked my son up at school. Car overheated to the point I was asked to move it farther away from the building for fear children could be burned from the spewing liquid. Parked in the far end of parking lot. My car was flat bedded again to Davidson Nissan in Watertown N.Y. Was told again could not repeat. Went to pick up my car, they couldn't find it. Called service manager and he told them he parked it in the back field. They brought it to me covered in dirt and yep covered in more anti freeze.

This continued for weeks. I told the manager of the Davidson Nissan Watertown NY I did not want the car anymore. I asked him to buy it back. He said all he could do to make it right was an extended warranty, Nissan car mats, 2 free oil changes (I did not use) and a Nissan hat. 2 years later my car suddenly jerks going down the highway. I get off exit and car hesitated. I drove less than a mile to pizza shop. Went to leave and my car would not go forward or reverse.. Called warranty company and had my car flat bedded to Burdick Nissan in Cicero NY (Driver's Village). I was told this morning that transmission had to be completely replaced!!! What it is a "2017" are you kidding me. Yep but at least it's covered by warranty. What about next time? Replacing with the same kinda transmission.... Hello..I thought Nissan was a good dependable car. I don't want this car and owe too much to trade it!! Thanks Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I purchased a 2009 Nissan Rogue, new. I have owned this car for 10 years, and have paid through the nose for control arms and wheel bearings. August 4th 2015 my transmission overheated on the 400, kicked into safe mode from Cruise control and almost got us run over by a transport. It was "repaired" with an accessory oil cooler by Nissan two weeks later. Same thing happened 2 days ago on a trip back from Lemington. I have under the 200,000 km, but am 1 month over my warranty. So, I have been in talks with Nissan's customer care department. My warranty was up July 30th. The band aid fix for my transmission on August 5th 2016 has failed 1 month after the warranty was up...imagine that. It was a pretty car. It's pretty worthless now. Seriously think over your purchases....I now have no trade value.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have a leaking sending unit on my 2015 Nissan Sentra. I opened a case report with Nissan Corporation 2 weeks ago, Sept 1, but have not received a call back from Nissan during normal business hours despite 6 calls I've made to the Nissan Customer Representative over the past 2 weeks. Nissan has a recall for the same problem -- on the 2015 Altima and 2015 Maxima -- an improperly installed ring on the sending unit, resulting in leaking fuel. I cannot get any assistance from Nissan as of today, August 12.

Additionally Nissan sent me a letter earlier this year (the letter of course is not dated but I received it this past spring 2019) advising that I might have a "complete blockage..in the EVAP tube located between the fuel tank and the evaporative emission canister." While this is different from the problem of the leaking sending unit, it illustrates that Nissan clearly has multiple problems with defective fuel pump assembly parts and/or improperly installed fuel pump assembly parts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

New vehicle purchase. Nissan Motor Acceptance called a reference of mine a week later leaving a callback message after the purchase. I called back the next day and was informed it was a verification check. I felt embarrassed. Nissan Motor Acceptance didn't leave a message on my cell which is the first contact number. I believe references shouldn't be contacted unless a payment's missed, emergency, or to locate the whereabouts of the customer. Nissan Motor Acceptance is actually the billing department. My first payment isn't due for another 34 days! Nissan already sent a letter informing me of the billing department and online options to manage my account. My reference shouldn't have been contacted. A message should've been left on my phone allowing me time to contact them back. I'm posting this cause people need to know what they're getting into with Nissan. Just think if a payment's late how they'll respond!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Dear Nissan, for everyone that had a car before the policies changed for the 8 payment extensions to 6 payment extensions you should still honor them because we were told something that is no longer being honored. I understand that it is a courtesy, but that doesn't change the fact that you should honor your word to us because when you say something you should do it. Especially for some of us who have been loyal towards our payments and the Nissan Corporation. Also, we never get anything for being a customer. We hardly get discounts and the service team at almost every location is always trying to sell you another car for overpriced numbers. Unsatisfied.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Don't buy Nissan. Transmissions are going out on vehicles and they won't replace them. I took my car to two Nissan dealerships and they refuse to fix and acknowledge the warranty. Now with my case they won't fix the vehicles and claim that it is past the mileage for warranty. I brought my car to two dealership before the warranty expired. Don't buy. Their transmission are going out.

Original review: June 20, 2019

It's been almost a month since paying my car off. I'm still waiting to receive my title. Customer service is no help and gives little to no information. I will probably never buy another Nissan after this because their finance company is a 3 ring circus.

Original review: June 17, 2019

First time and last leasing from Nissan this 2018 Nissan Rogue SL.! At 5,000 miles had front end whining. Took to dealer. They said nothing wrong.? I would not leave without them looking further into this noise. Well they found a faulty bearing and replaced it. I asked for a wheel alignment also to be done. I thought they did this.? But at 10,000 miles I had wheel pulling and shaking in the front of the car. Took to same dealer for service but was told because it needed a wheel alignment it was my fault so I asked for a inspection that I paid for. They found a faulty control arm and strut on same side as the replaced bearing.! Well they said it was my fault that I did something to cause this and would not fix it unless I paid for the repairs.! This is totally a terrible company and cars also.!

I contacted corporate and worse treatment said my fault so, “We can’t help you.!” It is caused by not having a wheel alignment that I asked for at the prior bearing replacement.? So I am a victim of Nissan North America that makes you think you are getting a great deal on a lease car.! Then when you have a true problem that you did not cause they throw you under the”BUS”!!! They suck people in by giving them a lot of “Bells and Whistles” standard on the cars and not caring about anyone’s safety just making their pockets DEEPER!!!

Stay away from these dealers and cars nothing but trouble for the consumer while they take no responsibility at all after you sign and leave the dealership.!! Where is their warranty on a new vehicle.? This is proof that there is none.! So my car if driven could cause a serious accident and possible near death to any passengers or others on the road!!! I have to pay for all the repairs before I can drive it again.!!! Buyers Beware.!!!!

Nissan Company Information