2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (1725 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: June 14, 2021

I experienced lie upon lie when I purchased my 2020 Nissan Altima at Thruway Nissan in Newburgh NY. Now, a year later, I’ve noticed my FM reception is on occasions full of static. Initially, upon a service appointment, I was advised all was fixed with a computer update. Not so! The problem continues as my car made a repeat trip to the dealer only to be told that there is no problem with the antenna or connections. They refuse to replace the radio even though it’s under warranty with less than 10k miles! Buyer beware! Buy elsewhere.

Original review: May 17, 2021

My husband and I purchased a brand new 2014 Murano... a car we loved! It drives beautifully. Sadly, we've run into two separate issues multiple times. First, the driver's side visor breaks constantly!!!! We don't use it often but have replaced it several times. At first they were covered by our warranty, but now they want $185 for a new one. What???? And you can't find a used driver's side visor for anything. Not a single one at a junk yard (although the passenger side visors ARE available.)

Then, our ac went out three times while under warranty (we live in AZ so no ac is brutal)! We had the compressor replaced three times. The third time we had a service agent say he would try to get us a brand new one (compressor). What the heck were they putting in before???? Also, my friend got a Murano. She had the exact same problem multiple times! A $40k car should NOT have these defects. (AND, while our Murano was in to have the compressor replaced, there were two times the dealership kept our car for multiple days without updating us on the status of the repairs.)

Thank goodness we were still under warranty. Now our warranty has expired and I'm afraid we'll run into the compressor issue again. I will be furious if that happens! We can't afford such expensive repairs, especially since the car has only had about 10-12k miles a year put on it. Well below average. As much as I love the look and feel of Nissan vehicles, we won't be buying another one. I have a Chevy that hasn't had any problems at all and it's a 2015. Even our 2005 Dodge Ram has been amazing. Very few service needs other than the basics such as oil and filter maintenance, tire rotation, etc. I can count on one hand the number of times I've written a negative review, but this situation warrants it.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Disappointed with Nissan. 3 years ago I bought certified pre-owned 2015 Nissan Murano at Sheehy Nissan of White Marsh. Also paid extra for 5 years extended warranty. Recently I noticed multiple small bubbles on my hood, last week I took my car to a car wash and came out with ugly spots of top coat coming off. I contacted Nissan with complaints. They sent me to Nissan designated body shop who confirmed that 6 year old car should not have this issue and it is a manufacture issue. Today Nissan informed me that paint warranty on their cars is 3 years and my extended warranty is not covering paint. Nissan, you are not living up to standards!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I actually got a very good deal on this warranty when we bought a new Nissan Rogue in 2019. It added four years on the factory warranty. We have not used it yet but have full confidence it will be effective. As effective as the factory warranty.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Nissan complaint: Where do I begin, well let me start by saying the car buying experience was amazing and the sales representative was amazing. Fast forward 71 days and the nightmare begins. So I bought a brand new 2021 Nissan Rogue in January and of course it was still cold. However as it warmed up and I needed to use the AC I realized the driver's vents would blow warm or room temperature air while the passenger side would be freezing cold even when set to the exact same temperature. I called Jack Ingram Nissan in Montgomery Alabama where I purchased my car and advised them of the issue. They set an appointment for the following week for me to bring the car in to be fixed, or so I thought.

When I dropped my car off I was told even though I brought in an SUV they would only be able to put me in an Altima, though I was disappointed I went with it. To my surprise when I reached the vehicle I was to use it was filthy! Being that we are still in the midst of a pandemic I went back in and refused to take that vehicle. They then Provided me with another Altima. The next day I called 3 or 4 times to see what had been done to fix my car. Finally around 3 pm I received a call saying they could not detect any issue and that I could come and pick my car up. I was told that the temperature shown was not per vent, but the temperature in the entire car. This didn't seem accurate because one of the selling points was the dual climate control, but it was a Friday and due to the size of my family I couldn't afford to be in the loaner car any longer.

So I went and picked up my car... I tried to chalk it up to maybe the car didn't do for them what it had been doing with me. When I pulled out of the dealership to head home, the driver's side was blowing heat to the point that I began to sweat. I made a U-turn and went back to the dealership and demanded to speak with someone to show them what was happening and see another vehicle like mine do the same. After waiting 15 minutes, the representative came out and witnessed exactly what I was referring to and to my surprise he seemed surprised which makes me feel like my car hadn't even been looked at in the 2 days it had been there.

We then sat in another Rogue to see if this is indeed normal and what do you know the other car did NOT have the same issue proving that this is not normal for this make and model. They sent another representative out who appeared to be a manager and he proceeded to insult my intelligence by insisting it was operating as it should. I told them both that I was not satisfied and I would like it fixed. His solution was for me to turn my driver temp down and passenger temp up which made both sides blow the same temperature. I advised them that that was only a bandage not a solution. I bought a new car and I expected it to operate as it should. The representative then offered to reopen the ticket and assured me that he would be reaching out to me with a solution by Wednesday.

WELL TODAY IS THURSDAY! No word from Jack Ingram. I called Nissan yesterday evening and filed a consumer complaint, the rep called today and said that Jack Ingram would be calling me within the hour to set up a time for my car to be reevaluated. That was 4 hours ago. At this point I don't know what to do, but I do know that I will never do business with Nissan and definitely not with Jack Ingram if they do not resolve this matter! On a lighter note the sales team there is amazing and after speaking with the sales manager. I will hopefully be able to have a SUV as a loaner whenever the service team can get it together and FIX MY CAR!

Original review: April 8, 2021

We have a 2013 Nissan Altima that started having drivetrain issues around 85,000 miles. The unreliable, poorly designed CVT seems to be the issue. After getting 2 quotes from 2 different dealerships, (one at $3742, and the other at $3565). I asked the dealership to see if this could get covered under "good will" or for Nissan to cover some of the cost since the extended warranty covered the car to 84 months or 84,000 miles. The claim was rejected because they said the timeframe was too far out. Nissan knows they have problems with this transmission, otherwise they would have never been forced to extend the warranty on 2003 - 2010 Nissan's for 10 years or 120,000 miles or the 2012 - 2020 models for 84 months or 84,000 miles.

Nissan should be held responsible for covering a defected product that they continue to use. Please don't make the same mistake I did, do your research and do not buy a car from Nissan, especially one with this CVT system. I am having an independent shop to fix my car because I refuse to give Nissan anymore of my money. I for one will never buy a Nissan product again!!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Our company has a 2018 NV 200, a commercial vehicle with 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper commercial Nissan warranty. There are about 58,000 miles on the truck. On January, 26, 2021 while driving on a small residential road at 5 miles an hour, the passenger side curtain deployed. The truck did not hit anything at all. Our technician said it sounded like a gun went off. He couldn’t see anything. Had this happened on the highway, he certainly would’ve been in an accident, possibly fatal. I have been trying to work with Nissan to have them simply give us a loaner truck for the eight weeks that will be required in order to do a thorough investigation. I'm not trying to cause them trouble but They told me I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF ANY LOANER TRUCK!!!.

This is the worst handling of a highly explosive situation (no pun intended) that I can imagine. They also said it’s up to THEIR discretion to decide if I would get reimbursed. Furthermore, they said I may be subject to STORAGE CHARGES AT THE LOCAL DEALER UNTIL THIS IS SETTLED. Is this incredible? Dakota from their arbitration group has been assigned to me. No person could have less skills given the severity of this incident. I asked for just two things: a loaner truck and commitment to make sure that any defects be not hidden from the public. DISGRACEFUL. WHO IS SAFE IN THEIR VEHICLES????

Here's the worst part. When I told them I demanded a loaner vehicle, they said the case was closed!!!! Mr/Mrs Dakota called the dealer and told them the case was closed and settled. Here is the warranty. Very clear. 5 years/100,000 miles (whichever occurs first). The Nissan Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the engine, transmission and transaxle, plus the drivetrain, as well as air bags, and related electronic control system. [*]

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Have not had to use it on this Nissan yet, but have used it on an older Nissan and it cover an expense of $1000. We took the warranty on this vehicle because we believe it will come in handy. We have 7 years or 120k miles.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

I purchased 2019 Nissan Sentra SV, and within 6 months of driving now my car doesn't pick up properly and I can hear machine noise from my car. It's just 1 year old and I am experiencing this issue. MY car heating also does not work fully, it takes at least 20mins. If I have kept my A/C or Heater on, then car does not go beyond 60MPH and I have to give maximum acceleration. Engine is faulty and Nissan Dealer is not ready to fix this.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Back on April 25th 2020 I traded in my Nissan Rogue sport at rt 46 nissan in Totowa nj. I leased an Altima. I find out at the end of October that the paperwork was not done and they say I am delinquent on my rogue. I have been going back and forth with the dealership and nissan corp for 2 months. They have destroyed mine and my wife's credit and it is December 29th and the problem is still going on. I will never buy a nissan again and I wish I could get rid of the one that I have now. If anybody needs a new vehicle I would not suggest 46 nissan or nissan corp at all.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

A Service Advisor left me in the waiting area 8 hours and still didn't do the work. Within that time frame only the oil and tires were changed. Rushing to get my car to me, a technician or other help misplaced a lug nut, then entered a charge on the invoice as it were missing when I got there. I filed a complaint about my experience to Nissan of North America Consumer Affairs who informed management of the complaint. And management didn't reply. After the unpleasant and unethical experience I had my vehicle service elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I have owned a significant number of Nissan vehicles - 2 Maxima's, 2 Pathfinders, 2 Infiniti's - and after my recent experience, I will never purchase again. I have a 2017 Maxima in which I knew had a mechanical issue. At the time I made the appointment with local dealership to inspect, mileage was under 60,000 miles. After waiting 10 days for appointment, their assessment was that I need a new front left bearing hub - the challenge, after waiting for the appointment, the mileage was now 60,265 miles and the warranty ends at 60,000. Their suggestion was to discuss with Nissan Consumer Affairs.

Nissan position after more than a week of conversations - "We don't care that you are a life long customer and that we will lose your future business. We refuse to help you because you are 0.4% out of warranty, even though you had to wait 10 days for your appointment with one of our dealers." So charged close to $200 for the assessment on a part that should be covered under warranty and dealership looking for additional $300 for a repair in which I can purchase an official Nissan part online for $60. No help. No consideration. No further purchases from me on a brand that shows no appreciation for their customers.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

We ask the salesman for a truck so we could have a tow pkg. He brought us a car and said that it could tow and he would have the tow pkg put on and give us extra money besides. He said the car had around 100,000 miles. That was where my husband and I failed. Not expecting liars for salesman. Older bald man, I don’t know his name. He will lie and tell anything, use pressure tactics won’t even try to find what you're really looking for. After the papers were signed he said oh we can’t do that. We went back the next morning to take the car back and to talk to the Mgr he said forget yesterday, I didn’t want to forget the day before cause I lost money. He said pick something else. I had to get something else and got less trade in and lost more money. The Mgr stuck with his salesman’s lies. I’m very hurt financially I traded a Toyota that was worth more by far. I’m very hurt and angry that this is their policy for selling cars.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Highly recommend you reconsider ever doing business with this company because they 100% do not care about customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, customer problems with their vehicles... Won't work with you to find a solution when they sell you a faulty product. Do NOT abide by their customer warranties. It's been 9 months of absolute hell with a brand new 2020 Altima. Completely appalled at the atrocities this company allows. Had so many repetitive issues they failed to fix and their only solution was that I trade it in so they could get MORE money from me! Completely disgusted with the dealership, consumer affairs and arbitrations.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Any Nissan dealership that has been in business since 2013 knowingly participated in consumer fraud with corporate guidance. They knowingly sold defective vehicles that put the consumers' safety in jeopardy and our court system gave them a slap on the wrist. The class action lawsuit attorneys make bank and the consumers were stuck with the aftermath.

At first Nissan claimed that a computer program upgrade would fix the issue and they knew it would not. They string you along stating that they are working on a fix, but it never came while I was under their warranty. They say they have a fix now but they want me to pay for half of it because I am just out of warranty. They never told me about the fix while I was in warranty. The "fix" is only as good as their word and their word has no value. What are they hiding currently? You will not know until it is too late. The whole lot of them are fraudsters that can not be trusted.

Buy a Nissan of any make at your own peril. As Americans we should unite and stand outside of every Nissan dealer in America on as often as possible but especially on Saturdays until they go out of business in America. That is about the only recourse we have for these lawbreakers that our Government is allowing to stay in business in this country. Now you cannot say that you have not been warned.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I've been a customer of Nissan since August 2018. I've purchased my first brand new car on July of 2018 through Fairfax Brown's Nissan. Since then, I've had multiple incidents with my car having mechanical issues. First, I had issues with my radio/audio not working, more specifically, my car not connecting to my phone. This has been going on since 2018 and I've reported it multiple times to the Nissan dealership but they failed to fix the issues. Initially, I was told that I needed to replace some parts with the USB but even after, it never got fixed. Second, my car stopped working (it would not turn on with the start/push engine starter).

When I called Nissan, they instructed me to put the key close to the push/start starter and try to start the car. Initially, it did not work so I ended up getting my car towed from my employer's parking garage which I ended up paying out of my own pocket. This initial problem happened late at night so I could not get in contact with Nissan. I called the Nissan during business hours, and was told it had something to do with the battery and they stated they would change the battery of the keys. After taking the time off work to go to Nissan to fix the problem, they finally changed the battery of my keys.

Few days after, my car kept having the same issues. After talking to multiple mechanics and doing some research, I was told about some recalls on my car. The next day, I ended up calling Nissan again, and notified them about the recalls and the issues. I was told that they would "look into it". During this whole time, I had to use a rental lended by Nissan. After about a week, Nissan told me that there was no issue and they asked me to pick up my car which I did.

While I was at the shop, trying to start my car, my car stopped working again and would not start. I was furious at this point because I had to take off work AGAIN to get my car fixed. I drove the rental car again and went back home. I called Nissan the next day to check on the status of my car and asked what the issue was and why they didn't fix the issue. Nissan responded by saying "we didn't fix the issue because the problem didn't occur while the car was in the shop." (After I told them about the recalls that needed to be fixed).

After another week of not having my car, I finally got a call asking to pick up my vehicle from Nissan. I was told they fixed all the problems and my car should be working fine. On my way back home after picking up my car, it started having another issue. My car started making a loud beeping noise and had a big warning light on the screen. I immediately called Nissan again and told them about the issue and was told to turn around and bring the car back... Being frustrated and angry, I asked what was the issue and they said, the mechanic has to look at the issue and try to figure out what was wrong with it. After, I was told it had something to do with the sensor (I found this really weird because I never had this problem.). They ended up giving me another rental car and told me it would take about another week because they would have to order the parts and replace the problem.

After reaching out to multiple Nissan customers, I was told that I could have possibly been sold a Lemon Car with multiple issues. With my warranty almost running out and not getting help from the service department and the sales department, I was told to contact the Nissan's corporate office to file a complaint. Initially, I decided to change from Honda to Nissan because I really liked the looks of Nissan vehicles and was told by some people about their great experiences with customer service.

Unfortunately, for me, I had a terrible and awful experience with Nissan customer service and felt like I was getting taken advantage of because the sales department kept calling me to come in for better deals (which never happened). They continuously kept convincing me to lease a brand new car with higher monthly payments to avoid future issues after I've already made around $6000 of payments on my new car which already depreciated a lot in value. After talking to the corporate office, they basically told me according to the “Lemon Law”, they can’t do anything for me so now I’m stuck with a messed up brand new car. DONT EVER BUY A NISSAN! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Awful. My 23 yr old daughter leased a car. She passed away suddenly. No compassion, no sympathy, just money hungry even when I asked to pay off lease wanted to hit me with more fees. One year later after 3 death certificates have been sent as proof they still call my house to speak to my daughter. Disgusting company. Will never deal with Nissan again. Total classless corporation and no one has the balls to call me back.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I have 2012 Sentra that just failed transmission. The cost of repair - $4K. When buying this car I had no idea 8 years is its lifespan. They KNOW about this problem and extended warranty for 2003-2010 models but not later models. Nissan said they "fixed" the problem. THEY LIED. Now the only way to me to do it is a lawsuit. There was a lawsuit filed and settled. PLEASE READ about it before buying Nissan. I wish I had. You can find a lot of good reviews online - don't believe it, it is from people who just bought it or from dealers. Mine is a real story how reliable Nissans are after 8 years. You need to spend not $500 or $600 on minor repair of older car, you'll need $4K. We have 2 Nissans. Guess where I am going for my new car? Anywhere but Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Cliff notes: No email available to communicate with the corporate office concerning warranty work. You have to use a call center that is slow, cumbersome, and not proactive. Wish we would have stuck with purchasing tried and true Chevy C2500, Ford F250, or RAM 2500 diesels. We purchased a 2018 Titan XD Pro4X (Diesel) truck for our small construction company. The specs matched our needs though the reviews were not as strong as we would have liked the price was appealing and the reviews were not terrible. The size was more comfortable than the C2500 and F250 we have in service.

At 30K miles we received both ABS and 4WD warnings after traveling 300+ miles that day. The engine was fine just no 4wd or cruise control. The dealership advised we were fine to continue our trip and to come in when back in town or we could go to another dealership near us if time allowed. Over night the error reset. The dealer said to bring it in when back in town the computer would let them know what need to be repaired on the drive train.

On our return trip the error happened again at around 350 miles and again over night it reset and was fine. The trip to the dealership was inconclusive and I was advise to drive around until the error happened again even though that might be over 300+ miles as 5 things might be causing the problem and they could not test each of those components to rule them out. That effort was too intense for them. Thus the call to corporate to report the dealer would not take action on what my local mechanic found on his diagnosis machine. What a run around. The non dealer shop received the P1819 Shift ACT CIR Malfunction detected in the transfer motor circuit error and advised that should be too touch for a certified mechanic to figure out.

Finally I have convince the dealership they needed to do more for me and they are taking the truck back in and are prepared to trace back the error and replace the transfer case in the event it is the culprit. This was after I paid our local mechanic to diagnosis the problem and the local service manager had twice refused to perform further repairs until the truck failed again. The only response I can get from Corporate Nissan is to call them. When calling I am referred back to the dealer and am told they have no access to the dealership's efforts though we have Nissan Connect which reads what maintenance and system status in on the truck. Shame on us for choosing Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

They never offered to help during the pandemic, I had to call out of desperation to see if there was anything they could do because I lost my job due to covid-19 and have no source of income. They extended my loan as I stayed out of a job for the past 3 months and now, according to them, the pandemic is over and I should have a source of income by now and make my payments. TRILLION DOLLAR COMPANY really penny pinching and can’t do anything to help their customers during this time of need. Real classy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Paid my Nissan on July 23 2020, the check cleared July 24, 2020. I was told it would take 15 days, it is now Aug 15th and no title. Called on Aug 7 and told them it's been 15 days where is my title. She said that its going out today, I asked for it to be overnighted and she refused. Called on Aug 15 was told it was mailed Aug 10 not Friday Aug 7 that was previously told to me. I am selling this vehicle and need the title so my buyer can register it. Terrible service, I have paid my bill on time and I need my title now.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Nissan is one of the most crooked companies in the world. Many people do not know that they have been committing criminal business practices for ten years now by fooling consumers with their fancy CVT transmissions that have prematurely failed on tens of thousands of Versas, Sentras, Rogues and other models and it is a disgrace that they have been allowed to get away with this kind of egregious behavior for so long. A class action lawsuit was filed against Nissan, but many car owners never received the details of the lawsuit until it was almost in settlement which settled in March 2020.

Sadly this court in Tennessee and all the crooked lawyers attached to this class action lawsuit really received all the benefits of the settlement but tens of thousands of Nissan owners were left out in the cold because they sneakingly increased the warranty to a random 84,000 miles when many many transmissions have failed after that mileage but still very prematurely. I am one of those victims and had I known about the crookedness of this disgusting company I would have never purchased my 2015 Sentra from Hertz. My transmission started showing failure issues at approximately 70,000 miles, but it finally totally failed at 99,000 miles. I only found out about the class action lawsuit because of the research I was doing online and taking the car to a repair service to find out it had failed. I petitioned the court and objected to the settlement, but because there were only a few of us who objected, the judge denied the objection.

I am not done with this, but because of the pandemic, I am not able to reach the news media investigative teams to report this crookery. It is an unconscionable act that Nissan has duped 100s of thousands of customers the last ten years. I intend on writing to the newspapers to further expose these crooks. They do not deserve being in business, and if people knew how the company was run and their ex CEO is an international fugitive, people maybe would stop buying their cars. Adding insult to injury I just received a disgusting piece of mail that Nissan has been forced to send to Nissan owners extending this disgusting warranty only because they were mandated to do so.

What about the other 100s of thousands of customers who already got screwed? And furthermore, they have made it so repair services can't rebuild them, they have to purchase an already rebuilt transmission probably from a company that is connected to them. The cost is prohibitive for most of us, a whopping $4,000. My poor car has been sitting outside unable to be driven for seven months now and furthermore these cars will have no resale value due to the criminal business practices of Nissan. Couldn't get any worse than this!

Original review: July 30, 2020

Never lease a car from Nissan!!! I leased a car from Nissan, made all my payments, had inspection done (car was in excellent condition), I was 10,000 miles under my allowance, and they send me a bill for $420 just because I turned the car in at the end of the lease and didn't get another Nissan!!!! They say there is no way around this fee unless you get another Nissan!!! GREAT way to do business!??? I will NEVER buy or lease a Nissan again! None of this was told to me when I leased the car. I am at a loss for words.... Just wanted to pass this information along so that it doesn't happen to anyone else. TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!

Original review: May 18, 2020

Nissan extended their CVT transmission warranty from 60,000 miles to 120,000 miles on the Nissan Versa because they knew about the transmission failures. My Nissan Versa transmission died at 132,000 and Nissan said they wouldn't do anything about it. When they thought I was going to hire a lawyer they seemed very responsive. I didn't hire a lawyer unfortunately and Nissan didn't provide any support for the problem. I had to pay over $4,000 to put in a refurbished transmission. The cruise control and the tire light stopped working a long time ago also. They should have covered at least some of the cost of the transmission because they knew about the failures. My previous car which was a Nissan Quest didn't have any transmission problems so I expected similar results and was disappointed with the Versa.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I purchased my Nissan Sentra (2013) in 2016 and have been a responsible owner and performed regular maintenance on the vehicle. This past March 2020 my vehicle made a complete stop as I was going 60mph on the highway, the vehicle remained on and did not move in any gear and it is strange since I had barely reached 70k miles (which is not a lot for a transmission to fail). I called a trusted mechanic which advised me this type of vehicles are known for this type of problems. Called the Nissan and explained my situation, they insisted on having their own dealership take a look at it, I told them it was the transmission and was willing to give them the codes the mechanic gave me, all I wanted to know if they were willing to help, but they kept insisting that in order for them to offer me any type of assistance I would have to tow it (at my own expense) to their dealership and pay them $150 for a diagnosis.

After I spent all the money I had to tow it, they reviewed it and determined it was the transmission (who knew?) then I was informed Nissan would not cover any repair and not only was I billed for $150 for the diagnosis, but also $500 for hrs of labor. Nissan claims that since vehicle is barely outside of warranty (which they knew before I took it to them), they won't cover anything. Upon research I found out they have been made aware of this problem and even settled on a major class action lawsuit just 2 months ago for failure on their cvt transmission. Wonder how many deaths and accidents they are responsible for? If they know they have this problem, why not do a recall on this type of vehicles? Pure trash!!! Now I'm stuck with a $4000 repair bill for a car I am still financing.

Original review: April 30, 2020

The salesman troy said my credit wasn't good, only qualified for the Nissan Rogue, I could get refinanced in 3 months to lower my payment. The finance guy ran my credit 15 times without my permission and he won't remove the it by calling the credit bureaus. He had me sign the papers for a lender only to call me a week later and say the deal fell thru. Come back in and resign. When I refused and said I wanted to cancel the deal, he became loud and disgruntled. He said, "You can't change your mind and we already sold your vehicle." I tried to refinance 3 months later and was told by the lender they don't do refinance on their loans. Now I am stuck with a high payment.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Nissan has known their transmissions were faulty and yet did not make the consumers aware. When our transmission had to be replaced, their response was for us to join the class action lawsuit. We paid $3500 for the replacement to Nissan and they couldn't offer to pay at least half. Only offered us lip service. We are very good car owners and usually keep our cars a long time without major repairs. Never Nissan again. We are not unique, hence the reason of the class action suit.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Done in a timely manner. Kept me apprised as the repairs went along. Checked to see if anymore could be done for me. If any issues came to let me know and get my opinion. Check out was easy and car was washed and the inside always had paper on seats and floor so it did not get dirty from the work they did. They smiled and I went on my way.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Don't get electrical work done at dealer. The dealer can't find anything wrong. I have to jump start my car every time I need to go anywhere. They told me there is no problem with my battery and alternator.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Purchased new Nissan Juke 2016 with CVT transmission. The transmission was bad from day one and family and passengers would notice, but I loved how the car looks. Come February 2020 and the vehicle literally stopped in the middle of the highway, very dangerous but I turned the engine off, restarted and moved to the shoulder. Took it to a dealership and was quoted $4890 for repairs. The vehicle has been sitting at Sterling McCall Nissan waiting to be repaired. I follow up every day with the service department and they claim Nissan North America has not shipped the part. I drive for Uber and for a month now I haven't worked a day losing income, time and causing psychological damage. Given there's a class action on defective CVT transmission in the Nissan Juke, Nissan should do the right thing and foot the bill for my repairs. I believe Nissan sold lemon cars to consumers and are not prepared to fix the mistake.

Nissan Company Information