2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (1800 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: April 29, 2021

I actually got a very good deal on this warranty when we bought a new Nissan Rogue in 2019. It added four years on the factory warranty. We have not used it yet but have full confidence it will be effective. As effective as the factory warranty.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Have not had to use it on this Nissan yet, but have used it on an older Nissan and it cover an expense of $1000. We took the warranty on this vehicle because we believe it will come in handy. We have 7 years or 120k miles.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

We ask the salesman for a truck so we could have a tow pkg. He brought us a car and said that it could tow and he would have the tow pkg put on and give us extra money besides. He said the car had around 100,000 miles. That was where my husband and I failed. Not expecting liars for salesman. Older bald man, I don’t know his name. He will lie and tell anything, use pressure tactics won’t even try to find what you're really looking for. After the papers were signed he said oh we can’t do that. We went back the next morning to take the car back and to talk to the Mgr he said forget yesterday, I didn’t want to forget the day before cause I lost money. He said pick something else. I had to get something else and got less trade in and lost more money. The Mgr stuck with his salesman’s lies. I’m very hurt financially I traded a Toyota that was worth more by far. I’m very hurt and angry that this is their policy for selling cars.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Highly recommend you reconsider ever doing business with this company because they 100% do not care about customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, customer problems with their vehicles... Won't work with you to find a solution when they sell you a faulty product. Do NOT abide by their customer warranties. It's been 9 months of absolute hell with a brand new 2020 Altima. Completely appalled at the atrocities this company allows. Had so many repetitive issues they failed to fix and their only solution was that I trade it in so they could get MORE money from me! Completely disgusted with the dealership, consumer affairs and arbitrations.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Any Nissan dealership that has been in business since 2013 knowingly participated in consumer fraud with corporate guidance. They knowingly sold defective vehicles that put the consumers' safety in jeopardy and our court system gave them a slap on the wrist. The class action lawsuit attorneys make bank and the consumers were stuck with the aftermath.

At first Nissan claimed that a computer program upgrade would fix the issue and they knew it would not. They string you along stating that they are working on a fix, but it never came while I was under their warranty. They say they have a fix now but they want me to pay for half of it because I am just out of warranty. They never told me about the fix while I was in warranty. The "fix" is only as good as their word and their word has no value. What are they hiding currently? You will not know until it is too late. The whole lot of them are fraudsters that can not be trusted.

Buy a Nissan of any make at your own peril. As Americans we should unite and stand outside of every Nissan dealer in America on as often as possible but especially on Saturdays until they go out of business in America. That is about the only recourse we have for these lawbreakers that our Government is allowing to stay in business in this country. Now you cannot say that you have not been warned.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I've been a customer of Nissan since August 2018. I've purchased my first brand new car on July of 2018 through Fairfax Brown's Nissan. Since then, I've had multiple incidents with my car having mechanical issues. First, I had issues with my radio/audio not working, more specifically, my car not connecting to my phone. This has been going on since 2018 and I've reported it multiple times to the Nissan dealership but they failed to fix the issues. Initially, I was told that I needed to replace some parts with the USB but even after, it never got fixed. Second, my car stopped working (it would not turn on with the start/push engine starter).

When I called Nissan, they instructed me to put the key close to the push/start starter and try to start the car. Initially, it did not work so I ended up getting my car towed from my employer's parking garage which I ended up paying out of my own pocket. This initial problem happened late at night so I could not get in contact with Nissan. I called the Nissan during business hours, and was told it had something to do with the battery and they stated they would change the battery of the keys. After taking the time off work to go to Nissan to fix the problem, they finally changed the battery of my keys.

Few days after, my car kept having the same issues. After talking to multiple mechanics and doing some research, I was told about some recalls on my car. The next day, I ended up calling Nissan again, and notified them about the recalls and the issues. I was told that they would "look into it". During this whole time, I had to use a rental lended by Nissan. After about a week, Nissan told me that there was no issue and they asked me to pick up my car which I did.

While I was at the shop, trying to start my car, my car stopped working again and would not start. I was furious at this point because I had to take off work AGAIN to get my car fixed. I drove the rental car again and went back home. I called Nissan the next day to check on the status of my car and asked what the issue was and why they didn't fix the issue. Nissan responded by saying "we didn't fix the issue because the problem didn't occur while the car was in the shop." (After I told them about the recalls that needed to be fixed).

After another week of not having my car, I finally got a call asking to pick up my vehicle from Nissan. I was told they fixed all the problems and my car should be working fine. On my way back home after picking up my car, it started having another issue. My car started making a loud beeping noise and had a big warning light on the screen. I immediately called Nissan again and told them about the issue and was told to turn around and bring the car back... Being frustrated and angry, I asked what was the issue and they said, the mechanic has to look at the issue and try to figure out what was wrong with it. After, I was told it had something to do with the sensor (I found this really weird because I never had this problem.). They ended up giving me another rental car and told me it would take about another week because they would have to order the parts and replace the problem.

After reaching out to multiple Nissan customers, I was told that I could have possibly been sold a Lemon Car with multiple issues. With my warranty almost running out and not getting help from the service department and the sales department, I was told to contact the Nissan's corporate office to file a complaint. Initially, I decided to change from Honda to Nissan because I really liked the looks of Nissan vehicles and was told by some people about their great experiences with customer service.

Unfortunately, for me, I had a terrible and awful experience with Nissan customer service and felt like I was getting taken advantage of because the sales department kept calling me to come in for better deals (which never happened). They continuously kept convincing me to lease a brand new car with higher monthly payments to avoid future issues after I've already made around $6000 of payments on my new car which already depreciated a lot in value. After talking to the corporate office, they basically told me according to the “Lemon Law”, they can’t do anything for me so now I’m stuck with a messed up brand new car. DONT EVER BUY A NISSAN! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Awful. My 23 yr old daughter leased a car. She passed away suddenly. No compassion, no sympathy, just money hungry even when I asked to pay off lease wanted to hit me with more fees. One year later after 3 death certificates have been sent as proof they still call my house to speak to my daughter. Disgusting company. Will never deal with Nissan again. Total classless corporation and no one has the balls to call me back.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I have 2012 Sentra that just failed transmission. The cost of repair - $4K. When buying this car I had no idea 8 years is its lifespan. They KNOW about this problem and extended warranty for 2003-2010 models but not later models. Nissan said they "fixed" the problem. THEY LIED. Now the only way to me to do it is a lawsuit. There was a lawsuit filed and settled. PLEASE READ about it before buying Nissan. I wish I had. You can find a lot of good reviews online - don't believe it, it is from people who just bought it or from dealers. Mine is a real story how reliable Nissans are after 8 years. You need to spend not $500 or $600 on minor repair of older car, you'll need $4K. We have 2 Nissans. Guess where I am going for my new car? Anywhere but Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Cliff notes: No email available to communicate with the corporate office concerning warranty work. You have to use a call center that is slow, cumbersome, and not proactive. Wish we would have stuck with purchasing tried and true Chevy C2500, Ford F250, or RAM 2500 diesels. We purchased a 2018 Titan XD Pro4X (Diesel) truck for our small construction company. The specs matched our needs though the reviews were not as strong as we would have liked the price was appealing and the reviews were not terrible. The size was more comfortable than the C2500 and F250 we have in service.

At 30K miles we received both ABS and 4WD warnings after traveling 300+ miles that day. The engine was fine just no 4wd or cruise control. The dealership advised we were fine to continue our trip and to come in when back in town or we could go to another dealership near us if time allowed. Over night the error reset. The dealer said to bring it in when back in town the computer would let them know what need to be repaired on the drive train.

On our return trip the error happened again at around 350 miles and again over night it reset and was fine. The trip to the dealership was inconclusive and I was advise to drive around until the error happened again even though that might be over 300+ miles as 5 things might be causing the problem and they could not test each of those components to rule them out. That effort was too intense for them. Thus the call to corporate to report the dealer would not take action on what my local mechanic found on his diagnosis machine. What a run around. The non dealer shop received the P1819 Shift ACT CIR Malfunction detected in the transfer motor circuit error and advised that should be too touch for a certified mechanic to figure out.

Finally I have convince the dealership they needed to do more for me and they are taking the truck back in and are prepared to trace back the error and replace the transfer case in the event it is the culprit. This was after I paid our local mechanic to diagnosis the problem and the local service manager had twice refused to perform further repairs until the truck failed again. The only response I can get from Corporate Nissan is to call them. When calling I am referred back to the dealer and am told they have no access to the dealership's efforts though we have Nissan Connect which reads what maintenance and system status in on the truck. Shame on us for choosing Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

They never offered to help during the pandemic, I had to call out of desperation to see if there was anything they could do because I lost my job due to covid-19 and have no source of income. They extended my loan as I stayed out of a job for the past 3 months and now, according to them, the pandemic is over and I should have a source of income by now and make my payments. TRILLION DOLLAR COMPANY really penny pinching and can’t do anything to help their customers during this time of need. Real classy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Paid my Nissan on July 23 2020, the check cleared July 24, 2020. I was told it would take 15 days, it is now Aug 15th and no title. Called on Aug 7 and told them it's been 15 days where is my title. She said that its going out today, I asked for it to be overnighted and she refused. Called on Aug 15 was told it was mailed Aug 10 not Friday Aug 7 that was previously told to me. I am selling this vehicle and need the title so my buyer can register it. Terrible service, I have paid my bill on time and I need my title now.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Nissan is one of the most crooked companies in the world. Many people do not know that they have been committing criminal business practices for ten years now by fooling consumers with their fancy CVT transmissions that have prematurely failed on tens of thousands of Versas, Sentras, Rogues and other models and it is a disgrace that they have been allowed to get away with this kind of egregious behavior for so long. A class action lawsuit was filed against Nissan, but many car owners never received the details of the lawsuit until it was almost in settlement which settled in March 2020.

Sadly this court in Tennessee and all the crooked lawyers attached to this class action lawsuit really received all the benefits of the settlement but tens of thousands of Nissan owners were left out in the cold because they sneakingly increased the warranty to a random 84,000 miles when many many transmissions have failed after that mileage but still very prematurely. I am one of those victims and had I known about the crookedness of this disgusting company I would have never purchased my 2015 Sentra from Hertz. My transmission started showing failure issues at approximately 70,000 miles, but it finally totally failed at 99,000 miles. I only found out about the class action lawsuit because of the research I was doing online and taking the car to a repair service to find out it had failed. I petitioned the court and objected to the settlement, but because there were only a few of us who objected, the judge denied the objection.

I am not done with this, but because of the pandemic, I am not able to reach the news media investigative teams to report this crookery. It is an unconscionable act that Nissan has duped 100s of thousands of customers the last ten years. I intend on writing to the newspapers to further expose these crooks. They do not deserve being in business, and if people knew how the company was run and their ex CEO is an international fugitive, people maybe would stop buying their cars. Adding insult to injury I just received a disgusting piece of mail that Nissan has been forced to send to Nissan owners extending this disgusting warranty only because they were mandated to do so.

What about the other 100s of thousands of customers who already got screwed? And furthermore, they have made it so repair services can't rebuild them, they have to purchase an already rebuilt transmission probably from a company that is connected to them. The cost is prohibitive for most of us, a whopping $4,000. My poor car has been sitting outside unable to be driven for seven months now and furthermore these cars will have no resale value due to the criminal business practices of Nissan. Couldn't get any worse than this!

Nissan Company Information