2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.54/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Nissan Reviews

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I am the unproud owner of a 2013 Nissan Juke. This is my 4th vehicle and I have never experienced such issues out of a vehicle previously. First, I will say the vehicle doesn't even have 150,000 miles and but all issues (except the newest one) were all before hitting 100,000 miles. To start, I have gone through three cylinder replacements and thought the transmission was going to have to be replaced (luckily that bullet has been dodged so far). I believe all replacements were for misfires. These were all out of pocket and hundreds of dollars each time.

Now my vehicle is sitting in a repair shop because the parts of the undercarriage are starting to rust. The best part is I went to get an inspection sticker and as the man turned my steering wheel, the ball bearing snapped in half so it cannot be driven. Obviously, I didn't pass the inspection. The mechanic said I'm lucky that I didn't make a sharp turn getting my vehicle there or it could've resulted in myself or someone else being badly hurt. This was the result of the rusting undercarriage. Do yourself a favor and run as far away from these vehicles as you can. Otherwise, keep thousands of dollars aside for unexpected and ongoing repairs.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Leased new Infiniti QX70 in 2017. Never missed a payment, or late. Reported as 30-day late to credit bureau 2 months before lease ended because the local sales tax had changed from 6% to 7%, and even though I made the payment, I was $5.38 short. Never knew the rate changed! I am paperless, and make automatic payments. Why would I imagine that my payment would change when I entered into a contract for a specified amount for 36 months? I have leased/owned 4 Infiniti vehicles (QX4, G35, EX35, and QX70) for more than 25 years, and only now have I ever had any issues. Their answer: TOO BAD. My response: Never will I lease/buy another Nissan or Infiniti. And will steer any I know away.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

My case was open in November 2019. My vehicle under warranty needs repair. More than 3 months has passed. Repair has not been authorized. I purchased a NV3500 in 2017. It has 5 year warranty. I found very serious rust problem on the roof and took the van to local dealer for diagnostic examination. The case was open in November 2019. The local dealer sent the report to General Nissan Consumer Affair on Dec 30, 2020, waiting for instruction to do the repair. However since then, we have been waiting and waiting.

Every time I try to call the specialist in General Nissan Consumer Affairs who is in charge of my case, he won't pick up my phone call. When he calls back, he left message without information "I missed your call, please call me back, my phone number is **". The worst thing is, there are three times I happened to pick up his call, but he hung up right after I picked up the call. I requested to communicate with email, but I only received the initial email when the case was open in November 2019. Basically he avoids talking to me and purposely delay the response to my case.

I dropped my van in local dealer which is 60 miles away from my home in November 2019 waiting for the repair. In the meantime I requested a rental car to use, but the local dealer doesn't have one. I have other vehicles like Toyota and have never had problem to contact the consumer service or the dealer. I have never thought that Nissan has so bad consumer service and hope Nissan can solve this complaint after my case has been filed for almost 3 three months, still waiting, no car to use.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

In the short time since I leased my 2018 Nissan Murano, I have visited the dealer multiple times and called consumer affairs regarding front collision and ABS warnings. Consumer affairs DOES NOT HELP!!! They are worthless and the representatives are a joke. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER lease or purchase a Nissan again!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My dad bought me my first car back in 2016. It was a pre-owned 2012 Versa straight from the dealership with about 60K miles. For the first two years it was great. In fact the best thing this car can offer is the fuel economy. But would I recommend it? NO. The car is extremely light, the doors sound like cheap hollow metal, doesn't even come with sun visor mirrors for Pete's sake. You WILL feel unsafe in this car. Fast forward to 90K miles and the car started showing problems accelerating, the air conditioning would blow hot air EVERY 3-4 months (have gotten it fixed about 5 times now). Now that I'm on about 103K miles the front dash starts violently rattling when parked, and the worst part, I cannot go faster than 60MPH without the car wobbling side to side and feeling as if the wheels are going to pop off.

Since as long as I can remember getting the car it has always has the check engine light on AND the tire pressure light (despite inspecting, rotating and replacing tires, it just comes back on) and the check engine does go away after a service and then lights up immediately after. So, Nissan, IS THERE A RECALL OR WHAT! There have been lawsuits and a class action settlement open for CVT transmission problems, yet when I went TODAY to the dealership they said they don't have an open recall and I would have to pay it all out of pocket then handle it with the company for reimbursement or possibly an offer to get the car back. How about no? I will not be paying $5,000 to then SEE if Nissan will deal with the issue. The car isn't even worth 5 grand!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I leased a 2014 Nissan Rogue and paid off the lease several months ago. I requested the title from the leasing department on October 23, 2019. When I called a month later to check on the status, I was informed that they had no record of my request. I sent in a new request on December 19, 2019 and they still have not even acknowledged that my title will be released. They keep promising to call me with updates and have never received a return call. All I am being told is that the title is being processed. I have a buyer for my Rogue and each day that they delay is costing me money because I have to keep the car insured.

I will never do business with Nissan leasing again and I suggest that if you are considering leasing a Nissan to use another leasing company. This company is completely non-responsive and incredibly difficult to deal with. As I stated before, their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with in my life. Do not do business with Nissan Leasing!!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

My 2015 Nissan NV200 Van just hit 105k miles and transmission failed. I go to the dealership and that's when I find out how Nissan has a CVT transmission issue. I hear there's class action lawsuits and all. Well little did I know when I purchased. So the dealership said it will cost me $4300 to replace the transmission so I called Nissan Corporation Consumer Affairs and they said I'm out of luck. They only warranty 100k miles I'm 5000 miles over. What a piece of garbage company that puts out a bad product. No one expects a transmission to fail right around the 100k miles mark. That is unacceptable. I'm like can you all cover some of the repairs but now they only care about their bottom line smh.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Nissanconnect services is a joke. It's so difficult to understand what level and what options your vehicle has that the dealership doesn't even know. Nissan navigation is nothing short of pathetic. It's a very painful process to navigate to anywhere!! You can't even enter your home address unless it's already in whatever ancient database Nissan is using. Nissan should completely abandon this system and work toward making Android Auto/Apple Carplay work wirelessly. For that matter all vehicle manufacturers should do the same.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My cars battery was still under warranty (which I was not aware) but Nissan roadside assistance sent a technician to me when my car was not starting up properly, who gave untruthful and misleading information that my battery was already passed 3 years. Complained to Nissan, these people in customer service was even more ridiculous, they said they did not change my battery last time, so they were not responsible for warranty claim. They were just a group of liars so please seriously consider whether you wanted to purchase from them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I will never again own a Nissan, especially if they continue putting CVT transmissions in them. I won't recommend a Nissan to anyone as well. If you are lucky, transmission may get you 100,000 miles. My first one went out at 89,000 and now, my second one is out. My first one was covered under the warranty, but the second was only good for 30 days on labor and 12 months for parts at a Nissan dealership. Both not even getting 100,000. I have also spent money on quite a few other repairs along the way. I take care of my vehicles and service them properly. Stay away from Nissan and CVT transmissions. If I could give zero stars, I would.

Nissan Company Information