Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

947 Nissan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 24, 2018

Nissan is one big scam. Do not lease or buy a car from them. A windshield cracked on a New car. They put the part on back order without a date. The car is not able to be used and they are still requiring for the leasee to pay for the lease when they are not providing any part, For over a month already! In addition I believe there are laws in certain states requiring a manufacturer to have parts available for up to 5 years on certain items. Good to have Warranty Compliance Advisors as our assistance here. We reached out to Nissan and got a pathetic response still nothing doing.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Don't Buy A Nissan Vehicle From My Local Dealership. I will only provide one star as there is no Zero that I can provide as a rating. Purchased three Nissan Vehicles from our local dealership. 1st was a 2012 Frontier (SL). Fully certified with less than 6,000 miles in 2015. The following issue came to light AFTER I purchased the truck. Both front and rear bumpers had to be replaced due to damage from the sale person who we found out drove the truck to pull his boat. He off set the bumpers and caused the braces to be pulled down causing the bumpers to pull away from the frame. The brakes were replaced twice at a cost of $680 each time. The initial brake repair was not proper repaired as the dealership used third party parts. Actually told me that and then claim they were Nissan parts - but had faults. Cost me two brake jobs and complete bumper replacements and the story is just starting.

When I felt unsafe in the vehicle I was going to sell it back to Nissan. That is when the adjuster informed me that the right side fender has been damaged and repaired. Also the front glass had been replace incorrectly. None of this was on the CARFAX, nor reported to me at the time of sale. Now my wife has a 2017 Nissan Rogue. The vehicle has portions of the front bumper pulling away from the body. The dealership informed me that my wife must have hit a parking block and dragged the frame over the block which has caused damage to the underside of the car. My wife may drive her car less than 3000 a year and SHE did it. No I think when they were preparing the car was sell they hit the lifting rack and caused the damage. The foot lift door doesn't work. No problem the dealership will tell you as they really never work correctly. NICE!

I have a 2015 Frontier from the same dealership. I just purchased the vehicle less than one month ago as I need to have a truck. Stupid me - thinking that everything would go well. Fooled me again! Yesterday the truck would not start leaving me well out of my local area. When we tried to replace the battery I found that wires and the battery were so corroded that it needed to replace the wiring and the battery. That was a great cost of funds. What does the 100 point inspect include? So I have been a fool for the third times. This is my fault. But I want everyone to know that you need to find a solid dealership that respect you and values your business.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Stay away from Nissan. We purchased our "certified pre-owned" vehicle 8 months ago with 6,000 miles on it, and have had the check engine light come on 6 times. Each time, the Mass Air Flow Sensor being the error code. The dealership "fixes" it, but yet it keeps becoming a problem. The last time the check engine light came on, it stalled on the highway, nearly having us smashed by a tractor trailer. Yet, the dealership and Nissan continue to give us the run-around and refuse to cancel our loan, or provide us with a reasonable remedy, even after a formal complaint was filed. Do not buy any vehicle from Nissan.

Original review: July 10, 2018

2012 Nissan Rogue S AWD, with a CVT. 2015 Oct, I purchased the vehicle use with 96K miles, still within the bumper to bumper warranty (different owner). 2 Weeks after purchase during an attempt to vacation, we arrive in St. George with a smoking engine compartment and loss of fluids. The transmission blew due to it overheating. It over heating due to the poorly manufactured cooling portion of the CVT. Which resulting in the transmission being overheated and "blown". The Nissan Dealer in St. George charged my purchased extended warranty for the replacement. Not the extended manufacture warranty it should have been covered under still. $4,600 total - $480 out of pocket.

June 6th, 2017. (1.5 years later, 7 months outside of warranty and 124,500 miles) Traveling to Grand Junction. Vehicle started mimicking similar issues as prior. Had to replace the cooling portion of the unit. They upgraded it to the "better" version (the external cooler) that would prevent the transmission from over heating. $1,000 total $160 out of pocket. (Thank goodness for my extended warranty AGAIN). July 7th, 2018. 1 month outside of warranty for the external cooler and 136,907 miles. Traveling to Twin Falls. Same issues start occurring. AGAIN. Took to the dealership on 7/9 where I was advised that my transmission had went into fail safe mode 111 times. Leading to need to replace the transmission once again due to the external cooler not doing its job once again.

I have contact Nissan Consumer Affairs, I opened a case which went to review. Subsequently being denied for "Goodwill Assistance" on 7/10 at 5:20 PM for assistance on another $5,000 repair due to defective manufacturing due to the vehicle being outside of the 60,000 mile manufacture warranty. I was very friendly offered the opportunity to purchase another vehicle from Nissan though. I THINK NOT! Nissan, it is time for you to own up to your defective vehicles and repair them at your cost since there are so many of these that are occurring with the same issue! I also urge everyone to contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and report the problems of loss of acceleration etc.

Original review: July 5, 2018

In general, I am not satisfied with Nissan. Their car is not reliable. Last month, I met with their customer service too. It is worse than their vehicles. They wanted to fix three recalls and broke my car. Now, my car is not working, they are asking for money to fix it. I filed a claim. It is just useless. I highly recommend staying away from Nissan and further than their customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: July 2, 2018

Had a brand new 2012 Rogue Transmission blew, now bought a 2016 Altima and same problem with ct transmission. It blew, AND VERY SAD WITH THE quality of Nissan. It's getting bad. I think soon if problem happens again I will return car and have it get repo and will never get into Nissan again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I was actually in a hurry to buy a car as mine got totaled in an accident. The price seemed to be a good value and dealership close to home helped. I like my car that is why I have not replaced it after thirteen years. I think Nissan is a very good brand or make of cars. I love how quiet it is. I get complimented on the color and looks of the car. Car rides smoothly and runs quiet. I like the material of the seats. The radio had a nice sound. I like the color, the size, the sunroof, and electric seats. However, I dislike the small cabinet. The covering has rippled and the gearshift fid too. Air vents for the air conditioner are placed wrong on the dash. During hot summers in Las Vegas seems like it never get cool enough.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I like the computer system that lets you know when it is service time. I also like the alert system, the stereo system, back up camera, systems for telephones, the windshield service, the mobility of the seats, steering volume to be adjusted when needed, the way the seat adjust to help with visibility, the built in coasters for handling drinks, and all the compartments that hold important papers. I also like the way my plan is set up, the mileage that I get, the attitudes for the workers that is provided when servicing the car and the service that they supply. However, I dislike the way the system is set up for more payment when something breaks on the car, having to put more warranty on the car and the warranty that comes with the brand new cars, and the price of the tires. But still, I love the car.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have always wanted a truck and I really like purchasing my Nissan truck. It was reliable and it drives very good. I like the power it had to maintain a steady speed. It was good on gas to carry me far distances. My truck also had a stereo system in it which played very good. But I would add a DVD player to watch movies when I'm on the road with my grand kids. I like the way it sits up high were I can see everything but I would also like to buy it with the windows tinted to keep the sun out in the summer time because I live in Florida. I would of also like more cup holders.

Original review: June 24, 2018

We enjoy our Nissan except that the back door has to be slammed shut or it doesn't close tightly. We like the back and the extension that comes with it. I would like to have more USB outlets though. More leg room in the back may be nice too.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I love how my Nissan drives and handles on the road. It has great mileage. This is the third Nissan that I have owned. I have had no issues with it and have 35000 miles on it. Bargain for money. I love the color, interior, leather and heated seats and all the safety features like air bags and warning lights and symbols. I also like the moon roof and navigation system and love the fact that it shows the air in my tires. However, I wish my car has a bigger screen for navigation and a better camera. I would also like better instructions on how to use the electronics. I also resent that I have to pay to update my navigation system. This should be included. I don't like the fact that Nissan is monitoring my car as well. But still, I have had great service from Nissan.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This is the best car brand for me and my family and I really like the radio system that came with it. The heat works great and the sound system is amazing also. The car drives good enough and any vehicle that runs works for me.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I'm so mad. I bought a used Nissan 2005. Never got told the transmission was rebuilt just a few years ago. The car is giving me nothing but problems. It's one thing after another. I have only had my car since January. Took me till April to get it running. Now it's broken down in my yard and I can't use it. Nissan needs to do recalls because my electrical is screwed, oil is everywhere and the car stalls and dies or won't start so much I want to scream... Anyone need a parts car in NH. Put 1500 into the car but can't continue to do it. It's an awesome car when it runs and just when you think it won't stall it does in the middle of a rotary on a main strip.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Nissan 370Z is a great looking car with horrible storage space. Great acceleration but no sunroof, hatchback, and 2 door. Pretty easy to park 'cause it's compact and small. I also like the color -- a silver grey. The body shape is sporty and looks great. I bought the car mostly because of the way it looked and the acceleration and the sportiness of it. I wish that it had a sunroof/T-top. Though those can be a pain in the butt. I hate the headlights. I think they should have been "pop ups". I hate the hatch trunk. Nowhere near enough room. Seats are black cloth - very ugly. I hate that it doesn't come with a hatch cover. I have one that does not fit the car.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have bought a used, which had 84 months warranty battery and still 5 more years left. I took my car to Nissan service center, Studio City, CA. They told me without the receipt they can't take it under warranty. How horrible this is. This is ridiculous with Nissan and they charged me $160 but outside the battery is just $75. Go hell Nissan, Studio City.

Original review: June 20, 2018

This is a reliable vehicle. It is small and has a sporty feel but still feels safe. It handles well & acceleration. The trunk area is quite small but I can fit a surprising amount of stuff in the car with the seats down. One of the most important features I was looking for this time around was a vehicle with AWD. I found my previous car slip-sliding around in the big rainstorms we had over the last few years and I wanted to solve that problem for a safer, less-stressful commute. The Nissan Juke has good gas mileage, comfortable seats and good power uphill (my commute home includes a long trek into the foothills). My major complaint is the small gas tank! I have to refuel multiple times a week for commute. Stil, I would recommend this car.

Original review: June 19, 2018

It's a great car. It's easy to drive, it's a great color and it was in my price range. It has very nice comfortable seats that heat up and it's super comfortable to drive and ride in it. It's smooth and I love it. However, sometimes the tires feel really odd and really off and it simply makes me a little nervous to drive it or really be in it in general. Nevertheless, I genuinely like Nissan and I enjoy the vehicle.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have been back and forth to Nissan for the past year or so because the check engine light keeps coming on and the car runs hot. The past 30 plus days I have been back and forth. The dealership says one thing is wrong but Nissan warranty claims to be investigating. I have been out of my car over a week now and I keep getting the runaround. I'm still under warranty. I just want Nissan to honor this warranty and stop trying to rip me off.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This vehicle has been the best model that we have ever purchased. It is a 2003 model, but we have never had to have any major work done. The dealership had a reputation of honesty. The vehicle had a good look and when we test drove it, it drove so smoothly. We took it on back roads to try how it handled on curves and small potholes. The only thing I dislike is that the passenger side seatbelt locks as soon as the vehicle starts, with much discomfort until I release it and put it back on.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The Nissan was a smooth ride and engine was quiet but there were other problems that made the car very weak although the price was very good. Had so many problems that I traded in car for another and service was not that great with replacement parts needed often and the same problem kept occurring which made me question whether car make was viable. There were many problems with fuel pump that had to be replaced several times and gas tank was very small so had to fill up frequently and originally car just stalled in the middle of the road when driving due to malfunctioned fuel pump which was very dangerous.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It had a good review online with websites I had checked. It was also in our price range, it was nice looking, there was no damage, it was a good size, had a large trunk and a roomy back seat. But the glove box has a weird design and you have to make sure you don't have anything near the sides or it won't close. Also the back seat doesn't have good back support. Nevertheless, I've had a good experience with this car. I haven't needed to take it in to be fixed for anything in the year and a half we have had it. We couldn't have asked for a better car for the money it cost.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My Nissan runs good and it's been good to me because it's easy to drive and wastes less gas. But the headlights look weird and I think different lights might make it look better. I also think that's a small car but with so much space use. It still great and I love it so much!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I like it. Very roomy, large trunk area, sits high up off the road, good gas mileage, fashionable interior, lots of leg room, lots of cup holders and places to charge cell phones. I also like the in-car garage opener, Bluetooth, hands-free phone, back up camera, navigation, keyless start, heated seats, front camera, and air in the back seat. However, I would change the rear door feature to include a foot response, alarm when seatbelt is not fastened, wide area for camera to cover, and a smaller window visor for my Hum to be attached to.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The fan blade assembly on my 2013 Pathfinder started making a terrible noise. I took it to the Nissan dealer and they confirmed I needed a new assembly. They also stated this was a known issue and they were seeing a lot of these. Part was back-ordered. This cost me a total of $800. The day I was picking up my car, another Nissan was in for the same repair! I requested that Nissan Consumer Affairs look into this and consider covering the cost since it was a known issue. The rep, Rod stated that although it was something Nissan was aware of, they would not cover it because my car was out of warranty by 16,000 miles on the extended warranty. How poor to not cover your defective part and a known issue and hide behind the mileage. Do not purchase a Nissan - they don't stand behind their vehicles!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Nissan is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned and just recently bought another one like it because I loved the first one so much. It is a Nissan king cab with lots of room. I got it for a fairly decent price and I was lucky to find it. It was just sitting on the lot and it took some haggling to get the dealer to come down where I could afford it. It has everything I need. It could use more technology but that would be distracting. It is a great little truck and will be for a while.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I know that this probably isn't relevant anymore, but I just wanted to provide my experience(s) with Nissan vehicles. When I got out of the Navy in 1979 and landed my first job. I bought my first new vehicle which was a Datsun King Cab (Nissan was the parent company of Datsun back then). This truck was wonderful, and everything you could hope for with reliability, great gas mileage, comfort and durability! So, in 1985 when it came time to replace this truck (Datsun had already changed their name to Nissan by then) I thought well heck, I had such great luck with my Datsun so there was no need to even shop around. That was a big mistake! I was young and impulsive then. Keep in mind that this is about vehicle that I bought brand new back in 1985. So, I plunked down my 18K for a new 2 wheel drive Nissan King Cab.

The only option it had was air conditioning and that's it! It had no power steering and was difficult to drive at low speeds like in a parking lot. There was some black overspray under the hood that I can't imagine was supposed to be there since it looked like it didn't serve a purpose. The next things will astound you! When you drove the vehicle on the freeway at anything over 55 mph, you could not roll the windows completely up! That's right, there was a vacuum created where the side windows actually pulled in and away from the window tracks just enough to not allow for the them to not close all the way. This was solved by reducing your speed below 55 mph. (I had good old fashioned hand cranks).

Oh, it gets better. Since the front brake pads were metallic, the brakes had this loud metal on metal grinding sound that you could hear all the way down the block every time you approached a stop sign or light. People would actually look at you and stare! I went to the dealer about this and they said that since the pads were "metallic" that was normal and they just needed to break in. That sound never went away the whole year I owned the truck. Ok, next, The truck had several bolts missing here and there so I think it was a quality control issue at the factory. That didn't cause me any concern except that I thought what else was missing in areas that I couldn't see?

Ok next, The air conditioner and heater worked very well (for 18K, in 1985 dollars it better have) except when it rained outside. The defroster simply could not keep up with any and all the condensation on the inner windshield. Even if you had the fan at full speed for long periods of time and tried different settings, nada. You had this foggy haze that would not go away on the inside of the windshield. I actually had to keep a squeegee on my dashboard and every so often reach for it and squeegee my interior windshield while driving. Nissan could at least provided me with a squeegee, enough said. Did I mention I paid 18 thousand dollars back in 1985 for this brand new truck? The plastic grille was held on with some cheap plastic fasteners that after a few months gave out so the grille would always vibrate loose. I think that was about it.

I sold that truck private party for a loss for payoff. I don't know if Nissan's quality control, engineering, and manufacturing had improved since then, but I vowed that I would NEVER NEVER NEVER buy another Nissan EVER again! This will crack you up. A year later, Nissan sends me this survey to complete and return. After I ripped them a new one, I never heard back from them ever again! Did I mention that I paid $18,000 in 1985 dollars for this truck? LOL. Their advertising campaign back then was "Nissan, we are driven". What they didn't tell you was that they were driven to sell you an inferior overpriced vehicle. On a positive note, I think that all the Nissan engineers have long since retired and are laughing all the way to the bank unless of course, they purchased a Nissan.

Original review: May 10, 2018

My car has been held at Nissan repair shop for 30 days, for a faulty transmission, that a lot of the public has an issue with. I spoke with Nissan customer service (Katey **) on 4/25/2018 case **. I was promised a 2 month credit to my account, for the time lost, and money by not being able to drive my car. I was suppose to receive an email on 4/26/2018 with documents, for this action to proceed with the credit to my account. I NEVER received them yet and it's now May 10, 2018. I called customer service today at 6:45 pm, and Jazmine the representative answered with a nasty attitude, consistently asking me for a payment, when Nissan owes me a credit.

She began speaking over me, and would not allow me to answer any of her questions. I then requested to speak with a Manager, she put me on hold, then I heard her mumble a under her breath, then she disconnected the call on me. I called back, and I immediately requested a Manager, his name was Chuck, he also answered with a nasty tone, and was basically flipping me, "Yeah yeah ma'am what's your issue." I then asked if they were happy with their jobs, because I am an innocent customer, who does not deserve the DISRESPECT, I have spent nearly 20,000 with this company. I deserve respect and excellent customer service. They should be fired!

Original review: May 8, 2018

The Rogue although slightly underpowered is a delight to drive. It feels so much larger than its compact size. AWD helps in winter driving plus a vast array of safety features add to driver safety. The best recommendation, it's comfortable to drive. So much that I prefer it to our second vehicle a sport sedan costing considerably more.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have a 2013 Nissan with about 85,000 miles and was just told I need a new transmission. The first issue I had was when the RPMs climbed to almost 7 on the Highway, but the car was hardly moving! Luckily I was able to safely get off an exit and pull over. Stay away from Nissan and their CVT transmissions!!!

Original review: May 5, 2018

The Nissan Micra is a nice little car, good on gas and easy to get around in traffic. It has none of the usual safety features that most new cars have but it is Bluetooth equipped.

Nissan Company Information