1.40/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

852 Nissan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

2017 Titan, cannot control the a/c system. Passenger side might blow out 55 degrees and driver side at 90 degrees with the system set at 77. Took my brand new Titan into the dealer 3 times... NO FIX. Useless truck... Can't drive it with a/c putting out 55 degree air.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Since day 1 of having my Nissan Rogue 2016 SL FWD, have had constant issues. Front auto braking sensor malfunctioned the day I drove it off the lot in July 2016. Didn't have my car for 2 weeks, dealership was clueless on when the parts would be coming in. Dealership said they would paid for all the gas consumed in their loaner car for those two weeks and they paid 75% of it. At that point, didn't care to deal with them. Factory tires on the Rogue are junk, so loud on the highway. Acceleration is awful and the gas pedal vibrates. Had issues with something being loose in the driver side door, made a chirping sound when I closed it. Passenger door does the same thing now. Back door hatch makes a noise when turning or backing out of the driveway. Took the dealership and they took it all apart, broke a couple clips for the back trim and put it back on anyway's thinking I wouldn't notice.

Took it to the dealership I bought it at, the Midwest Regional tech and Service manager messed with my back door to get it to stop making noise and said they would order all new parts for it. They never called me back when the parts came in so I just now have them doing the work. Now my steering wheel shakes a ton when braking on the highway with speed over 50mph, it's back in the shop for a second time to figure out the problem after a quick resurface of the rotors. I will never suggest a Nissan to anyone ever again, these cars are junk. Overheard so many complaints about their new Nissans from other customers while I was in the dealership the other day.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I bought a 2013 Nissan Rogue with 65k miles on it. Only had it for 6 months and it started giving me problems with the transmission and its loss of power. Took it to the dealership and they charged me 200 bucks to tell me something I already knew. I needed a new transmission. What really shock me was is that are aware of this problem. The service guy knew what it was before even filling out the paperwork but I had to do the official paperwork either way before going thru consumer affairs. After calling consumer affairs they are doing everything in their power NOT TO FIX MY ISSUE. Never mind that the person in consumer affairs was ALSO AWARE OF THE ISSUE. There needs to be a class action law suit. I got this car as a present. She has a brain tumor that she’s fighting to get rid of and now I have to deal with this. NEVER BUYING NISSAN AGAIN.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

TITAN XD – I was very satisfied with my purchase, it was beautiful! Black Platinum Reserve. 5.6 gas v8. Things were fine the first 3 months but then the right around view camera started intermittently work. The A/C would blow cold air for the passenger side, the air conditioned seats did not really cool your tush much. Do your homework, these trucks depreciate astronomically, 53K retail, trade value 29k-36, I had mine 7 months and it had 3k, demo model, I had 8k when I traded. Get out while you can folks. I had a Pathfinder two years ago and it was riddled with issues. At least Nissan is consistent.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

My husband has a 2014 Nissan Sentra, he's made all payments on time. Recently he started getting calls about him "not paying". He's even showed his proof of each payment. All they said was "yeah it shows you paid, but we didn't get any payment" and told him to pay more. Obviously someone there is pocketing the money or some crap cause he's been paying. Last week they had his car repossessed for no payment... But he has been paying. He's even told them that he won't ever get another Nissan and asked them if "they scam all soldiers like this?" they hung up on him. He has yet to get his car back and they still won't admit that there's something wrong in the whole payment thing. They said he hasn't paid in 4 months. I have a 2015 Sentra and I'm thinking of selling mine so I don't go through this crap too. NMAC are nothing but scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: July 25, 2017

I own a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE& a 2009 Sentra FE both with transmission issues, the Pathfinder was not a part of a recall with the radiator that did the transmission cooling as well as engine cooling. Radiator developed a crack between the coolant and ATF CHAMBER AND THE FLUIDS MIXED, my car was running perfectly until this happened, then the transmission started to slip. When I went to Nissan they said my vehicle vin was not apart of the recall so I would not receive a warranty extension/replacement or reimbursement to the tune of $6,000 + if I repaired it myself. I spent over $36,000 on the purchase of the SUV brand new 0 miles except for the few I put on it in a test drive. Needless to say this is not an isolated issue, the web is full of complaints like this with Nissan's faulty radiator. Now my poor car just sits, I still maintain her, changing the oil, air in tires starting her, wash her, I paid off the car so it's just a waste.

Then comes 2009. I still have confidence in Nissan even though they screwed me and 4 of my other extended family members with the same issue with their Frontier, Xterra, Armada, and Quests. We have always been a Datsun, Nissan loyalist but after my current issue with a 2009 Sentra with a CVT transmission issue. I'm over Nissan and so are my family members. We have as a family given Nissan close to half a million dollars in vehicles that can't even last 10 years. We are all switching to Honda/ Toyota/Subaru, from now on, shame, I was looking at the gtr too. Nissan can take their failed business and product and shove it. I'm tired of Japanese companies adopting failed American business practices, no loyalty to the customer/consumer anymore after they have our money.

Everytime I see a Nissan I warn the driver of the radiator issue. I have found with one random person I was able to see the oil mixing already when he checked his radiator reservoir with me there because he was confident I was crazy, when he saw his radiator reservoir had oil he thanked me and said he was going to the dealership to get the radiator replaced before it's too late. I felt accomplished but pissed because had I known I would have had the radiator replaced, recall or not, if your radiator does your atf cooling I recommend getting an external separate ATF cooler regardless if it's an issue or not.

I have recently purchased a Subaru and looking to purchase a Honda this weekend, Subaru understood my issue and offered to put in a separate atf cooler with the purchase. I will be asking Honda to do the same. Per Subaru, most manufactures are going that route by having a combined radiator. But I will no longer go this route with any other future purchases, I'll have them separate the cooling or not purchase.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Nissan Rouge - Steering wheel vibration that started 7 months after purchase. The steering wheel vibration has gone from mild to moderate/heavy in the last month. Changing to sport mode or turning off the overdrive helps a lot, and even sometimes stops the vibration for a while even after returning to the default driving mode. The vibration can be felt most of the time while accelerating but is worse at and above 35 mph while maintaining a steady speed. However I have noted the vibration to be moderate/heavy at all speeds. At times when driving a distance, the vibration will actually make your hands go numb and can also be felt in the gas pedal.

My other concern is on two separate occasions while accelerating to enter the interstate while in sport mode, the vehicle hung in a lower gear until the RPM was extremely high and when I let off the gas it was almost like putting the brakes on as the vehicle slowed to the speed of the gear it's stuck in, creating a very dangerous situation in traffic. Nissan refuses to acknowledge the problem and service people say "They all do that."

Original review: July 22, 2017

As a woman having heard of the many poor business practices against woman in the car dealership and services centers, prior to taking my car in for a scheduled oil change I contacted the Lancaster Nissan Service Center and posed the question if they would perform an oil change on my vehicle if I purchased my own oil and oil filter. I was informed by the gentleman over the telephone that Lancaster Nissan does perform oil changes for customers who bring in their own oil and oil filter and was quoted a price of approximately $16.95. Having scheduled the appointment online and being quoted approximately $89 (with their oil and oil filter), after calling and verifying that I could purchase my own oil and oil filter, I emailed the person who sent me a confirmation of my scheduled appointment asking that a note be made that I will purchasing my own oil and oil filter approximately 5 days prior to my scheduled appointment.

I arrive for my scheduled appointment and check in with the representative at the service desk and inform him that the oil purchased and oil filter for this appointment are on the floor on the passenger side. He informs me that the price of the oil change will cost approximately $15 plus tax. I inform him that I am aware as I had previously called and that I would also like to have the old oil filter returned to me. His response was, "Ok whatever you say". Although I did not inform him of why I wanted the old oil filter returned, the purpose in my doing so was to ensure that it was indeed replaced. I handed the representative my keys only for him to return approximately 10 minutes later informing me that he was just told that Lancaster Nissan does not perform oil changes unless the customer uses their oil and oil filter.

This was puzzling as I previously called to inquire if it was possible and received a quote, and also upon checking in, the representative quoted me a price with me having brought in my own oil and oil filter as well. He indicated that the "owner" just informed him of this. I asked to speak with the "owner" whose business card reads General Manager, and he indicated that this is their policy. I asked the "owner" to see the policy in writing and he informed me that they do not have it in writing as they have "never" had this type of issue. I asked the "owner" how it was that I called to inquire of the practice, emailed a representative who sent me confirmation of my appointment, and was also quoted a price at check in upon informing the representative where the oil and oil filter was, that now, all of a sudden it is a "policy" that cannot be produced in writing.

His response was that they have never had this issue arise which is very hard to believe, being that Lancaster Nissan Dealership/Services Center has been in Lancaster for many years. The purpose of this review is to make woman aware of this poor service provided by Lancaster Nissan Services Center, in Pennsylvania and the false representations of their alleged policy which the "owner" could not produce in person. Although I have a copy of the service agreement I was asked to sign to verify the services I requested which note that I purchase my own oil and oil filter, I am unable to attach it as I am not savvy with technology. However, I am willing to take a picture and email it or mail a copy if requested.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Do NOT buy a Nissan. They made good on a car with faulty brakes that almost killed my daughter and gave me a Platinum Service plan. Then after 18 months the plan stopped being honored and when I call Nissan Consumer Affairs to correct the situation, they tell me the plan does not exist. Buy a Toyota or a Honda and hope they are more honest with you.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have been reading the problems with the Nissan's... WOW... When I bought mine it had 46,000 on it, that was 18 months ago. I dropped my car Nissan Altima 2012 off Monday and since they didn't have it done by Tuesday they offered me a rental for free. It is Wednesday and I just picked up my car. I have had problems with this car from the get go... I am now on transmission #3 in 18 months. They have never charged me a penny and our dealership out here is amazing! I have called Nissan North America yesterday and they said they would call me today by 5:00.

I had leukemia and had a bone marrow transplant, the hospital I see my doctor at is 120 miles away. With the first transmission I would be doing approx 75 mph in the fast lane and all of a sudden nothing. It completely shut down. I have been nearly (could have been fatal) car crashes 3 times. You know how hard it is going from the fast lane to the slow lane with no power. Anyway, I feel terrible for you all paying so much money out. I have been lucky, on my first transmission I was 300 miles from the warranty expiring. I wish you all the best. I am afraid to drive my car now. Fingers crossed for Nissan North America.

Original review: July 19, 2017

My daughter decided to replace her Ford Fiesta 2010 which she had many problems with the dual clutch. She bought a new Nissan Juke 2017 at 417 Nissan (Ottawa, Ontario) thinking there won't be issues, it's new right? The car had maybe 25 km on it when she left the dealer, drove for 10 km and service engine came up (just left the dealer). She went back to the dealer, it took 1 week for them to figure out that it was a manufactured pin that was not pushed completely down. She picked up her car, approx. 1.5 months after, she broke down again, got towed. Now they said it was the wiring harness that needed to be replaced, it took forever to get the part (4 wks). It got replaced and fixed, drove it again for not even 1 month.

This time it was worse. She thought the car was going to explode, RPM going crazy and could hardly go forward, service engine everything was lighting up in the dash, she got towed the 3rd time. My daughter is only 18 years old, making her bi-weekly payments and working 4 jobs. Now Nissan Finance have no problem digging in her account to withdrawal the payment when she has been asking since the 2nd break down to replace it with another Juke. Nissan (head office) won't even return our calls, they are not professional at all. Now the car is in the garage, lord knows what is the issue but service is terrible, not keeping us up to date and Nissan (head office) senior person is supposed to call us back within 24 hrs, still nothing. This is not acceptable.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Planning to travel to Illinois, planning to buy a new Pathfinder in Chicago then drive the Pathfinder to New York State then drive back to my home in Utah. I looked online, found the vehicle and price, called the Chicago dealer to buy. SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK. They told me the online sales price is not for Utah residents, and I have to pay the sale price for Utah residents (we are not talking about taxes and registration), we are talking about the cost of the car. He said; "Nissan assigns individual prices to each State, each State has its own price for the SAME vehicle. Same vehicle, different costs for each State."

Inquiring, "Is it the costs associated in shipping?", he said no. "Is the individual charges from that State?", no. "What is it?" He said, "It is the Nissan Marketing." He then said Utah residents pay $2800 more for the same vehicle so he would charge (overcharge) me $2800 more. I called 2 other dealers in Illinois to verify that Nissan charges Utah residents a higher cost for the same vehicle. I am now looking at other brands of vehicles, saddened by Nissan marketing. After several new Nissan vehicles over the past 20 years, I am leaving Nissan, due to Nissan Marketing. Utah Nissan dealers lost (future sales), so did the Illinois dealers (today). Online buying of vehicles opened my eyes. [To Nissan's credit, he said it protects dealers in the State you reside in and takes that competition out between States]. Bye Bye Nissan. That is called price fixing.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Since I purchased my car, the tires will not stay inflated. I have to add air, every week. There is vibration when I exceed 60 mph. The Sun Roof sometimes works, and sometimes when it closes it sounds like the glass is going to break. The passenger side window sounds the same way. I've taken my car into the dealership at least 10 times since I purchased it. They do nothing about the tires. They find nothing wrong with the car when they test drive it to feel the vibration (on the local streets). As if I don't know at the age of 49 whether a brand new car should have vibration. The passenger side front window motor has now been replaced. On my way back from a customer's - 2-hour drive - my air conditioner stopped working. It was only 97 degrees outside.

Finally by mid-day the next day it started working again. Took it to Nissan. They couldn't find anything wrong. My drive is 10 mile drive across town (30 mins one way) to get to the Nissan dealership. They would not give me a discount on an oil change, a car to drive, or offered me anything. After 10 visits in 1 1/2. I reached out to the home office. They agreed to do a "lemon" review. As I suspected, they say they do not feel it is a lemon. Brand new car, $500 a month I pay to go into the dealership at least every other month. Currently sitting at 30,000 miles. I put air in my tire on Monday - 33 lbs. Today it shows 29 lbs. 5 days. I've had my Toyota since 2001 and had to take it in to get the computer fixed at 140,000 miles. $350. Other than that, normal wear/tear. It's still running fine pushing 200k miles.

The best part, Action Nissan, offered to put me into a new Nissan. At an inflated cost - $600 doc fee, $19k on my trade (which I owe $22k and at the time they were selling them for $25k - which I sent them pics of the ads) and they wanted me to pay $38-35k for the new one when they were running ads offering them at a price of $25,600 which I also showed them pictures of. I had a crappy car and have a very demanding sales job. I need reliable transportation. I have been inconvenienced 10 times - because each time I've had to leave my car over night. I do not have a second vehicle as my child drives the Toyota now. They would not discount an oil change and wanted to screw me over by trying to get me to pay about $10k more for a new car.

I told them I would not even consider a new car if the Nissan that I have worked. I keep cars until they hit about 150k mileage. So not only would I be upside down in my car, but they want to overcharge me for the new one. (I'm in finance - I ran the numbers). Action Nissan sucks, Nissan Corporation sucks. 1st time owning a Nissan. LAST time owning a Nissan. They don't stand behind their cars, they have terrible customer service, and then they try to screw over their customers. I will be getting rid of my Nissan soon. I will continue to spread the word to my friends and family to NEVER own a Nissan. 1200 people will know.

Original review: July 13, 2017

We WERE a Nissan family. 2012 Rouge on second transmission. First faulty transmission caught fire after Service Manager assured us the car was fine to drive. This left my 18 year old daughter on the side of a highway with a flaming car. 2015 Rouge CVT needed to be replaced. Sounded like the wheels were going to fall off. 2012 Versa transmission replaced the same week as the 2012 Rouge. Researched the Versa and it had air bags that were recalled and I was never notified. Called Corporate Nissan and spoke with two separate representatives that could have cared less that for safety or reliability. My daughters were both dismissed by service managers that told them their cars were fine. I am a single mom who has purchased 8 Nissans over the past 25 years. After speaking with Corporate Nissan three cars are going to be traded very quickly!!! BUY ELSEWHERE.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I just paid my van off when I started having engine issues. At 120,000 codes read p1701 tcm wiring, p0746 pressure control solenoid, p1778 step motor, p0868 pressure control module. Is it the transmission? The mechanic doesn't want to touch it. Just wants to change the tranny. I can not afford this. I am single mom. Is there not someone that can rebuild them properly??? I bought a Nissan (2011 Quest) because I thought it would last longer. I have not driven the van in 6 months. It's a total loss if I spend the money and it happens again then I am putting good money after bad. It's not worth anything as a down payment if I have to tow it in. Has anyone got to the bottom of this???

Original review: July 10, 2017

2016 Nissan Rogue: Nissan shop took over a month to figure out the problem over 4 separate visits. Nissan customer service refused to send in an engineer, refused to provide me with a rental in the meantime, refused to let me speak with a supervisor or appeal this in any way. I got my first Nissan 20 years ago and they just did not seem to care that I kept paying for the lease without having a car to drive. Very disappointed in the attitude and experience.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Worst company to deal with. I just bought a 2012 Juke. Less than 50 thousand miles on it the turbo burns out. I had not even made my 4th payment. We took it to 2 different mechanics and were told the same thing. The oil line that feeds the turbo lays up against the manifold causing it to boil and become sludge. I called Nissan and they asked me how can Nissan help you with this? What they were really saying is you can answer our question BUT we have NO intention of helping you. I am out 14 hundred dollars for a new turbo and due to the way it is designed I now need to have the oil changed every 2000 miles so the oil line does not clog again. Do yourself a favor. DO NOT BUY FROM NISSAN. THEY DO NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT.

Original review: July 8, 2017

So I bought a 2014 Nissan Sentra with 40k miles. I learned how to drive a stick in a 04 Sentra so I really wanted a new version after I sold my 04. Anyways. After about 4 months of having the vehicle my take off and accelerating was slow, if not completely gone. It took forever just to hit 50mph and I better not be on the highway because the minute I hit a hill whatever speed I'm going will decrease even with my foot completely on the gas. It was over the time for a oil change so I took it in to get done. Problem went away so I thought I was in the clear but then it came back the next day. I forgot to mention that the engine light and traction light would come on every other day.

I went to the Nissan dealership in Florence, SC where my mother was just incase I needed to steal her car. They ended up having to keep my car for 2 days because the engine lights weren't on and they couldn't get a error code. Eventually they figured out it was a electrical problem and my backup communication system was failing and because of the 2 issues my battery was being drained so I needed a new battery too. The price ended up being $533. I called Nissan, started a claim, and within 24 hours I received a call back stated my claim had been approved and Nissan was going to pay 90%. Whoop whoop.

The only issue was it took 10 days for the dealership to receive their check. Now those 10 days do include weekends and the 4th of July. My claim was approved Wednesday but I couldn't get my car back until the following Saturday. Even though the dealership talked to consumer affairs they wouldn't give me my car back until they got their 90%. Anyways since it was 10 days when I finally came to get my car my tech just gave it to me and forgave my 10%. I ended up paying nothing at all.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I have two problems with this vehicle (2013 Nissan Rogue). It is only three years old and the transmission is failed twice. I replaced the transmission at 80,000 miles and with a little over 150,000 miles. It is failing again. Second, the car has pearl white paint on it, and it is peeling off across the car. Every area of the car has paint peeling off. I submitting a claim and took the car to the dealer several times. Nissan Consumer Affairs refuses to help defray the cost of these repairs, $4800 for a new transmission and $1500 for the paint job. I have filed complaints with the BBB, Nissan USA and the NHTSA. No one is helping.

Original review: July 6, 2017

First my brake module failed which by the way is an $1100. Part only covered under extended warranty... After leaving from this repair the same day I went to get gas and the gas pump valve at the gas station kept clicking closed like the tank was full when it was not. I thought it was the gas pump at the station. Went to another one and figured out that it was the truck. Took it back immediately and it was not covered... In a miraculous coincidence if you believe in those I received an notice from Nissan two days after the repair that there was an issue now covered under extended warranty for a gas vent tube... In the letter they described the exact symptoms I was having but when I inquired they would not cover the problem because it was the valve and not the tube. Sorry Nissan but you don't get a pass on this one. When you purchase a vehicle you should be able to put gas in it no matter how old it is... Ridiculous.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Worse Purchase Ever!!!! I bought a brand new 2014 Altima as a graduation gift for myself in 2014. Within a year my transmission had to be completely replaced as well as my computer. Recently my air went out. The dealership informed me my Air compressor was bad and I was out of warranty. When I complained about the car I was told "Sometimes they just have bad parts" and there was nothing I could do but pay for the repair. I told them I felt they sold me a lemon and was told it's the company's problem and not the dealership.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I bought a 2015 Nissan Sentra brand new with 0 miles on the odometer (no kidding I test drove it with the shipping packaging still on it). I have had a very good experience with my car. I am posting because I am disturbed by the number of complaints by other owners with similar driveability problems I have had with my car and I got mine resolved with minimal money spent. Here is a list of my problems and resolutions.

Had a problem with what I thought was my transmission (I had the same symptom everyone posting here has complained about... power loss, erratic RPM using cruise control, put accelerator to floor but only get minimal speed... etc but it never shut down as I took immediately to my trustworthy dealer Griner Nissan in Valdosta,GA). The problem with my driveability turned out to be a cracked taillight (yes). Nissan uses a drive-by wire system in the throttle body of the engine (older cars used a metal cable to operate the throttle). My car had a hairline crack in the left taillight and water was condensing inside the housing and caused a problem in the wiring on the car. The throttle body to act erratic causing shifting problems and power loss because the throttle is controlled by the engine computer instead of manually by your foot.

Dealer replaced my taillight housing assembly under warranty and no more problems. This happened at about 30,000 miles (I have a high mileage car due to using it to travel for work. I currently have 86,619 as if this post on a 2015 Nissan Sentra with original CVT never been rebuilt or replaced). Weather seals in front passenger doors are thin and get beat up from entering and exiting car replaced under warranty. Rear door seal are kind of loose and can slip off car. 2 sided tape fixed. No more problems (2$). Changed CVT fluid at 40,000 miles. Dealer advised to change fluid at 30,000 instead of every 60,000 as per owner manual factory maintenance schedule to prolong transmission life $160. Had to replace muffler heat shield because it came loose unknown why $285.

A tip about driving with a CVT equipped car: the car will drive smoother if you give it constant throttle instead of variable throttle because the computer shifts for you and rev matches with the throttle which is also computer controlled. THEY WORK TOGETHER (like on a car with a conventional transmission and a cable throttle) on a older car with that setup your foot was the shifter. Push the pedal and the car would move and shift accordingly. When you hit the brakes or pick your foot off the accelerator it would downshift because a conventional transmission works with fluid pressure and engine RPM. Now the computer is doing all the shifting and throttle management.

Another tip use the ECO and SPORT modes more when it starts to shift a little funny. The sport mode will unwind the transmission better and when the transmission feels too loose use eco mode. Another time to use eco mode is when you have a load in the car. The lower gearing lessens the straining on the CVT under load and then unloaded hit sport mode to free it up then go back normal. Point being use all the transmission modes it will run a lot better. Hope this helps some people.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Brought 2013 Altima in for OCS recall in 2016. After performing reprogram per recall OCS failed again. They charged me $502.69 to fix the OCS problem. The recall was supposed to address. Even after charging me and making the repair the OCS is STILL broken. Contacted Nissan and was told a supervisor would get back to me the next day over a week later and the supervisor still has not gotten in touch with me. Today the first person I'd contacted told me they wouldn't help me. NHTSA has record of nearly 8,000 similar complaints.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I have 2 warranties on my car (2012 Nissan Juke) and Nissan will not honor the repairs to my car engine and/or transmission. I am under the required mileage and I bought the car used with under 30k miles. The car begin to cut off and idle down without any warning so I took it to the dealership where I live and they said I needed to replace the engine and/or transmission and that this was a ongoing problem with Nissan. I have read all the forums and Nissan is aware of the issues but will not issue a recall.

I would like for them to take ownership and repair my car, I am a retired disabled veteran and I need my car to go back and forth to my doctor's appointments. If I don't get any satisfaction, I am prepared to go to the local news to let them do a story on how Nissan mistreats its customers and disabled vets. I am a member of National Organization of Veterans' Advocates (NOVA) and they are waiting to see the outcome of this before they intervene. Nissan knows that this is an ongoing problem and they should do the right thing by allowing me to use my car warranty to fix the issue. I am on a fixed income and I can't afford to pay absorbent amounts of money for car repairs, that is why I purchased the car warranty.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The CVT Transmission failed in my 2012 Rogue with 86,000 mileage and Nissan is aware of this issue in other models and has never corrected the issue. Driving along and the gas pedal would not move the vehicle and this was very serious on the road. Someone could lose their life if this is not corrected! Nissan will not assist in the repairs even though they are aware of this issue because I had to take the vehicle to a local transmission garage and not a Nissan Dealership Service Center. I did contact them and they offered no assistance whatsoever. Pretty much told me I was out of luck. Never again will I purchase from Nissan.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have a Quest with 70,000 miles and a bad AC compressor. This is a $1000 repair through Nissan, and far too soon in the life of this vehicle. I contacted the Nissan's customer support line. After holding for about an hour and a half, I did finally get a chance to talk to someone. He couldn't commit to any financial assistance Nissan doing anything until I had Nissan look at it, even though the local garage had already assessed it for free. I understand why that is necessary. You can't just start throwing money at a problem, and not all garages are well qualified to work on modern vehicles. I said that was fine, but wanted to make sure that Nissan might be able to help me out before I went to the trouble. He said that IS something that Nissan does, but couldn't make any guarantees because they look at each case individually. He also said that they do "good will" warranties all the time past the standard warranty of the vehicle.

I begged for some sort of criteria they looked for because in order for Nissan to look at my Quest, it was going to cost me $120 and half a day to diagnose the problem by the time I drove for an hour and a half to the nearest Nissan dealership. I wasn't keen on the idea of wasting my time and money if there was no chance of getting financial assistance. With no criteria to offer me, I took the risk, because I felt surely a reputable auto manufacturer would acknowledge that spending $1000 for repair parts on a non-wear item at 70,000 miles is a bit outrageous. It took Nissan a few days to look at my circumstance. I was sorely disappointed. Not only did they decline to help me out, the explanation they gave me was that it was out of warranty. NO WAAAYYY! Since that time I requested the case be escalated, however Nissan won't return my calls.

I'll be honest. I'm not fun to talk to about this. I don't curse at those poor people on the phone, but I feel strongly that a brand new car taken good care of should make to at least 100,000 miles with no concerns. I'm sorely disappointed with the ability to work with customers, and of course even more disappointed in my van, which I used to like. Now I have reservations that the vehicle I purchased new to depend on to transport my family safely, is not as reliable as I had previously believed. Nor is the company that built it have any concerns about instilling confidence in its customers after their Nissan's fail them.

I will not be buying another Nissan, nor would I recommend one to anyone else. I'm not certain that another manufacturer would have handled the circumstance any differently, but I know how Nissan handled it. Fool me once... Take my advice. Take a warranty seriously. 36,000 miles isn't much, and take tracked reliability ratings seriously. I wish I had. Oh, and don't buy a Nissan.

Original review: May 18, 2017

2009 Nissan Altima Transmission - I just received a call from an Ashley and she said at this time Nissan couldn't offer any type of reimbursement for my transmission. I'm just curious to know if they even took into consideration that I took my car to Nissan to have it looked at because the transmission was going into safe mode when it would get hot. We put it on the machine and there were no codes that came up on the transmission so I went ahead and had them change the fluids and filter and whatever it is they do for a transmission service. I leave the dealership and I smell fluid but thought nothing of it. I drive my 60 miles home and the next morning my husband drives his 48 miles to work. When I go outside to take my daughter to school there is a big puddle of transmission fluid in my drive way. I call my husband and when he gets to car after work sure enough there is a puddle of transmission fluid under my car.

I called the dealership and they waited till 6 o'clock for my husband to drive the car another 50+ miles to see what was going on. Turns out a hose had split and leaked out the transmission fluid. They fixed the hose put transmission fluid back into my car and washed out from underneath car because it was covered in fluid. Then almost 2 months later my car's transmission has all these codes and I need a new one.

I didn't ask for the full amount I just feel like Nissan should provide the customer service that they say they will. There's been numerous problems with the 2009 Nissan and that's why they extended the transmission warranty and the steering lock box which went out in my car and left me and my daughter stranded and a tow bill. I just feel like I'm being done unfair and put in a financial situation for servicing my car. I mean would the transmission of went out if it didn't leak out the fluid after the service? I tried calling her back and even left a voicemail but she still hasn't returned my call. I also read the letter online where Kevin Martin said that they were trying to make the repair affordable if car was out of warranty. I just feel I've been done unfair considering the incident with my car after the transmission service.

Original review: May 10, 2017

2015 Nissan Murano Warranty Repair. Nissan USA will not return your calls. They will lie and say they will call you back but they will not return your calls if they don't want to. They have been promising to call me back for weeks. They do not. They are unprofessional and unaccountable to anyone. They do not care about their customers. Once you buy the car they are DONE with you. Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: May 9, 2017

I recently traded in my leased Nissan Altima for a used Juke at Vaden Nissan in Bluffton SC. I gave them the payoff on my Altima (through Nissan Motor Acceptance), which they confirmed. The dealership also performed an inspection on my Altima. We discussed a new deal for a used Nissan Juke. They agreed to pay off my Nissan balance, and I financed the price that we agreed to. Four months later I get a bill saying that I owe Nissan Motor Acceptance $1273. I called Nissan Motor Acceptance, and they claimed there was excessive wear and tear on the vehicle, along with an early termination fee. This Altima was in very good shape when Vaden looked at it.

It was my understanding when I drove my Juke out their dealership, that we agreed to a deal which had a commitment from both sides. Now they are telling me the charges are non-negotiable. I told both Nissan Motor Acceptance and Vaden Nissan that if I would have known that I owed another $1273, there is no way I would have completed this deal. Who does business like that??? I have NEVER had a problem with Subaru or Toyota coming back to me for charges after a lease. As far as I am concerned, when we agreed to certain numbers, then I shook hands with the salesman, and then drove off the lot, the deal should be over!!! Thanks for reading!

Original review: May 8, 2017

My transmission went out at 5 years old and 74000 miles on my Nissan Murano. There were absolutely no positive comments about Nissan the corporation. After receiving the horrible news. The reason my vehicle felt like it was in neutral all the time was because the transmission was out. Patterson quoted me $5200. I called a local transmission shop and they said they would do the job for $4300. I asked Patterson about it and they said they would match the other shop's price... WOW. Then I said, "Well I may have definitely not had $5200 but I still don't have $4300 so I decided to call Nissan the corporation. Still within the year's warranty but not the mileage warranty. They did not have to do anything.

I went through the process of the phone answering service. Talked to one person then to another. The lady said on a Wednesday that she had 3 days to get back to me with an answer. All this time the dealership had our vehicle and had not been authorized to do the work. I felt like if I made it look like I could afford it by authorizing the work to be done that it would be a no brainer and they would not feel the need to help me out. Soooo all in all my vehicle had been at the dealership for one week now... The corporate lady calls and tells me that Nissan would pay for half of the repairs. Well that was not the whole repair but I felt grateful that I didn't have to come up with 4k. And plus I had already negotiated their repair shop down $900.

Every little bit helps. I could not find anyone else who had the same circumstances that I did. Well I thought I would write this review because of how Nissan took care of me and so maybe someone else would find some courage to call and see if they would help their case. Nissan transmissions have had a rough path here over the past 10 years although I did not know that when I bought one nor all the way up till I had problems with mine. Once I authorized the $2150 which was my part then it took them 3 days and I had my vehicle back. Also I had already made up my mind that no matter what decision they came up with I was going to be nice and say thank you.

Even though it wasn't the full amount I said, "Thank you ma'am I appreciate it so much." I think she was totally thrown back and said, "You know what let me give you my direct numbers and you can call me any time with an issue on your nissan vehicle... well there you go it's pretty much against my nature to be nice when I'm upset but hey God's in control anyway right??

Nissan Company Information