2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have owned 2 cars with CVT one being Nissan Note. The cvt had over 242,000km then I decided to sell it but had no any issues with the cvt, secondly and currently I have a nissan Tiida with REOFO8B cvt WHICH IS SO SWEET. I have clocked 177,000 and you may think the cvt is new. Nissan having been in cvt market is the best...My next car will be a nissan with a CVT...

Steve - Kenya

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

In the short time since I leased my 2018 Nissan Murano, I have visited the dealer multiple times and called consumer affairs regarding front collision and ABS warnings. Consumer affairs DOES NOT HELP!!! They are worthless and the representatives are a joke. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER lease or purchase a Nissan again!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My dad bought me my first car back in 2016. It was a pre-owned 2012 Versa straight from the dealership with about 60K miles. For the first two years it was great. In fact the best thing this car can offer is the fuel economy. But would I recommend it? NO. The car is extremely light, the doors sound like cheap hollow metal, doesn't even come with sun visor mirrors for Pete's sake. You WILL feel unsafe in this car. Fast forward to 90K miles and the car started showing problems accelerating, the air conditioning would blow hot air EVERY 3-4 months (have gotten it fixed about 5 times now). Now that I'm on about 103K miles the front dash starts violently rattling when parked, and the worst part, I cannot go faster than 60MPH without the car wobbling side to side and feeling as if the wheels are going to pop off.

Since as long as I can remember getting the car it has always has the check engine light on AND the tire pressure light (despite inspecting, rotating and replacing tires, it just comes back on) and the check engine does go away after a service and then lights up immediately after. So, Nissan, IS THERE A RECALL OR WHAT! There have been lawsuits and a class action settlement open for CVT transmission problems, yet when I went TODAY to the dealership they said they don't have an open recall and I would have to pay it all out of pocket then handle it with the company for reimbursement or possibly an offer to get the car back. How about no? I will not be paying $5,000 to then SEE if Nissan will deal with the issue. The car isn't even worth 5 grand!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I leased a 2014 Nissan Rogue and paid off the lease several months ago. I requested the title from the leasing department on October 23, 2019. When I called a month later to check on the status, I was informed that they had no record of my request. I sent in a new request on December 19, 2019 and they still have not even acknowledged that my title will be released. They keep promising to call me with updates and have never received a return call. All I am being told is that the title is being processed. I have a buyer for my Rogue and each day that they delay is costing me money because I have to keep the car insured.

I will never do business with Nissan leasing again and I suggest that if you are considering leasing a Nissan to use another leasing company. This company is completely non-responsive and incredibly difficult to deal with. As I stated before, their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with in my life. Do not do business with Nissan Leasing!!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

My 2015 Nissan NV200 Van just hit 105k miles and transmission failed. I go to the dealership and that's when I find out how Nissan has a CVT transmission issue. I hear there's class action lawsuits and all. Well little did I know when I purchased. So the dealership said it will cost me $4300 to replace the transmission so I called Nissan Corporation Consumer Affairs and they said I'm out of luck. They only warranty 100k miles I'm 5000 miles over. What a piece of garbage company that puts out a bad product. No one expects a transmission to fail right around the 100k miles mark. That is unacceptable. I'm like can you all cover some of the repairs but now they only care about their bottom line smh.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Nissanconnect services is a joke. It's so difficult to understand what level and what options your vehicle has that the dealership doesn't even know. Nissan navigation is nothing short of pathetic. It's a very painful process to navigate to anywhere!! You can't even enter your home address unless it's already in whatever ancient database Nissan is using. Nissan should completely abandon this system and work toward making Android Auto/Apple Carplay work wirelessly. For that matter all vehicle manufacturers should do the same.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My cars battery was still under warranty (which I was not aware) but Nissan roadside assistance sent a technician to me when my car was not starting up properly, who gave untruthful and misleading information that my battery was already passed 3 years. Complained to Nissan, these people in customer service was even more ridiculous, they said they did not change my battery last time, so they were not responsible for warranty claim. They were just a group of liars so please seriously consider whether you wanted to purchase from them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I will never again own a Nissan, especially if they continue putting CVT transmissions in them. I won't recommend a Nissan to anyone as well. If you are lucky, transmission may get you 100,000 miles. My first one went out at 89,000 and now, my second one is out. My first one was covered under the warranty, but the second was only good for 30 days on labor and 12 months for parts at a Nissan dealership. Both not even getting 100,000. I have also spent money on quite a few other repairs along the way. I take care of my vehicles and service them properly. Stay away from Nissan and CVT transmissions. If I could give zero stars, I would.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

The CVT Transmission is junk. Disintegrated at 76K miles. It is well documented the CVT transmission has a history of problems. Nissan only extended warranty of a very small subset of vehicles that have the CVT. I spoke to Nissan Corporate and they were unwilling to help. If you buy a Nissan, put away another $3k to $4k to rebuild the transmission.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased this vehicle new in 2009 and have since had 3 failures since owning this car. Nissan installed what is called an Electronic Steering Column Lock (ESCL) that is designed to help prevent theft. Unfortunately if this part fails and it will about every 50,000-60,000 miles you will be unable to start the car even though mechanically there is nothing wrong with your car. I looked up other complaints and there is over 256k complaints on this issue alone yet Nissan will not back this part up. I paid to have it installed a 3rd time and was told that it was the 3rd generation on this part and that it would last but here I am 60,000 miles later and it broke again. I understand that my vehicle is 10 years old now but, I don't understand how Nissan can know that a part they make is defective and not come up with a solution or work around it leaving drivers completely stranded in a vehicle mechanically sound.

The repair for this is between $800-$1,100 each time. Nissan is aware of it and stopped installing it in all Nissan's and Infiniti's starting in 2012 but deny the part is defective. Knowing this I can't recommend that you buy any product from Nissan as there is no guarantee that they are going to back their product up and since this is a unique part built specifically for their vehicles only in 2009-2011 there are no aftermarket parts for this. If Nissan told me upfront that hey, this is a great engine and if you maintain it this vehicle will go at least 300k miles but, there is a part on it that can't be maintained and will break every 50k miles and costs $1,000 each time to repair I never would have bought it. I've owned 3 Nissan's in my life and this will be the last one I ever buy.

Nissan Company Information