Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.66/5

Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their many models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

999 Nissan Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 22, 2019

****AVOID NISSAN.**** AVOID NISSAN.**** I hate writing about this, but I told them I would so I will. I bought a Nissan Versa about 5 years ago. I wish I had used Google and listened to my wife. If I'd simply done a search I would've discovered a design flaw in the transmission from that period of vehicles. I thought, "Hey, an import. Good on gas and reliable, right?" ... Not this one.

What I needed was a vehicle that will be good on gas, relatively comfortable and reliable. The car I had previously was a Toyota Echo. I drove it for 350,000 miles and sold it for $300. I never had any engine or transmission trouble at all. Being a design flaw problem, I asked Nissan for help twice. I got nothing. They said no for any help. I would've even gone for a 50/50 on their $3800 transmission. $1900 each? C'mon you multi-billion dollar automotive manufacturer!! The car has 164,000 miles on it and is now, an expensive paperweight.

Knowing that I put about 2500 miles/month on my vehicles, you know that it is a good testing ground. No abuse, just many highway miles. It is in my professional opinion that Nissan ... sucks. I encourage everyone to avoid Nissan, not because I think all of their vehicles are crap, I don't, but because they DO NOT stand behind a product they KNOW is flawed from the beginning. I'm off to listen to Deftones and look for another car now. (whispers) ... Nissan sucks.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My Nissan Versa was recalled for faulty airbags. I have been trying to get the airbags replaced since the first notification. I was told repeatedly that the parts were not available. I called corporate after a year of that and was told the parts were available, they just had to order them. Service dept said no they were told the parts were "restricted". After 5 years of this I made an appointment with their recall hotline. When I brought the car in for service I was told the airbag was not there and I should not have made the appointment thru the hotline but thru the service dept. I was also told that the passenger airbag was replaced already. IT WAS NOT. The help in the service dept are pleasant, but the overall service sucks!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Dec of 2018 I purchased my 8th Nissan through a local used car dealer. I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima with 43k miles cosmetically good condition. At first I noticed it was smoking blue when I would power on the vehicle and the smell of Burnt rubber. As I normally do with all my vehicles I called Nissan to see if it had any recalls etc. and took it for service, shortly after I get low oil pressure on my dash. I then looked at the owner's manual and called where I had my oil change they re serviced and did not notice any leaks etc.

3/20/10 I took it to Rothrock Nissan in Allentown for diagnostics and they tell me that there is oil burning something having to do with the valves, but that I needed to bring it in again for a 3 hr diagnostics at $120 hr (of course this is out of pocket unless it's approved to be covered by Nissan powertrain warranty that the vehicle still had till it reached 60k). I took my vehicle in on 3/26/19 in the morning, at this point I needed a rental to get to and from. I asked my advisor Simone and she says they don't have any and proceeds to call a major car rental co. I called throughout the week to get updates since it went from a 3 hr to a wk long diagnostics and I was told they found sludge in the oil pan therefore more than likely Nissan would deny covering under warranty as that only happens due to poor maintenance. (Really? I'm being held liable for a previous owner lack of maintenance yet I have all my service receipts).

I quickly called Consumer Affairs and opened a claim with them which I didn't get a call till I had already picked up my car on a Tuesday because when I went to Rothrock my car was unassembled and the tech working on it was off. Really??? Wow customer service and having me an answer by Friday of the same week, keep in mind I called the service manager Patrick twice to get updates and no return call. I literally had to show up after work to get an answer. At this point I have to keep a rental 3 more days to my expense (smh). I was told the claim had not been approved yet and I would have to wait till Monday 4/1/19. I called Monday and they stated it had been denied now the warranty was null and void. Lovely Nissan!!!!

I will never purchase another Nissan needless to say, being that they do not stand by their clients, I am now $690 out of pocket between car rental and diagnostics and they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to try and make up for not approving replacing the engine through the powertrain warranty. They should've at least covered the diagnostics then. Tuesday of that following week I get a call from Trenisha at Nissan Consumer Affairs and they didn't even know I had the vehicle in my possession nor that supposedly the claim had been denied.

So now I'm 10k in a car debt/payment for a car that needs a new engine, had powertrain warranty but no longer valid through Nissan's decision and $690 less in my pocket. So much for staying faithful to the brand. AGAIN don't BUY USED NISSANS THAT SO CALLED ARE STILL UNDER WARRANTY AS THEY WILL LOOK FOR ANY EXCUSE TO NOT COVER. The worst part is realistically no used car dealer takes out all of the oil pans to used vehicles purchased at auctions or traded in.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We bought a Qashqai late last year with 68 registration and for the second time in short space of time, my car refuses to start this morning. I was told by RAC man the last time that there was a fault in the car - something was draining the battery. I took the car to Nissan garage afterward for diagnostics and fixture, after which I was assured that the problem had been fixed. To my amazement, my car refuses to start this morning and We had the same problem with our previous Nissan Juke. I will never buy a Nissan car again!

Original review: April 1, 2019

If I could rate Nissan a 0 I would. All around terrible service from the advisors up to management. Brought my vehicle into Pine Belt Nissan of Tomsriver NJ. I had what I believed to be a stress crack across my windshield. The advisor along with the service manager both looked at it, and clearly said they could NOT find any point of impact, obviously with that being said it would be a factory defect. They sent all my info along with photos to Nissan corporate. Who I went back and forth with to have it covered since the glass had NOT been hit. Anyway it had been denied all across the board. Not a single person could provide an explanation on why the glass broke, of course they only work there but know NOTHING. I even asked them if they could Pay half the cost. Again was told NO.

I would of happily taken aftermarket glass didn't have to come from the factory. I'm guessing Nissan knows nothing of “goodwill”. Customer service is TERRIBLE! They can't even do the right thing for their customers, they would much rather lose them instead. Nissan is pathetic. I would never ever lease or purchase anything from this awful awful company again! Everyone else tell your friends and family! All they could come up with was, "Sorry car is not in warranty," spare me Nissan. I will never serve my car in any Nissan service center again. Nissan does not do the right thing and that's the bottom line! Poor product and terrible employees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: March 29, 2019

I purchased a new Titan Pro 4X and recently noticed a trim piece around the interior door handle is missing. After a month taking it into the dealership, I contacted the dealer and found out they failed ordering the part. Now I have tried twice to contact Nissan directly, but I cannot get an answer back from them. Send me the part and I will put it on!!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I am really disappointed with AV Nissan. I purchased a Brand New Vehicle. It was a, too good to be true offer when purchasing my car. The problem started when my passenger side door wouldn't fully close unless you slammed the door close. I took it in for service, 3 days after purchasing the vehicle. The service Rep came out and told me just slam the door. It's not a big issue. Me being me I thought small issue. What the heck, I let that slide. A year after having the car, I took it in for service because the car was giving me problems. Service "inspected" my car and said it was the transmission. Okay... Luckily it was still under warranty so they "repaired" the problem. What I'm concerned is, how does a brand new vehicle, need a new transmission after a year. Anyway, my vehicle has been a headache! I mean problem after problem and here I am again with my vehicle that only has 67,000 miles needing a new transmission.

I found it a little skeptical, so I took it to universal city Nissan. They couldn't find nothing wrong with my vehicle. The codes that AV Nissan claimed were due to a bad transmission were not coming up. They called AV Nissan to make sure the paper work that was given to me was correct. They said they do not want to change the transmission and charge me because if the problem is not the transmission, well there goes my money. I am very upset. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs. I have a case open with them. Nissan consumer affairs agent state they have been trying to reach AV Nissan service manager and there has been no answer since March 07, 2019.

Kiana the Nissan consumer affairs agent called me back. She was rude, pretty much told me there was nothing they can do! Kiana did state she’s no mechanic specialist but that universal city Nissan found nothing wrong with the car so to take it back to AV Nissan. Why would I want to take it back to the place I bought the messed up car. I would suggest everyone to take your business with another dealership. Save yourselves the headache! Please read all reviews before making a decision on buying a Car through Nissan.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I leased a 2017 Nissan Rogue and a little after the first year it's been nothing but problems and I have been fighting Nissan over a year now!! Truck keeps dying intermittently, replaced the battery, still happens, left me out in the cold numerous times, been flat-bedded to dealership numerous times, also gives me problems detecting the key-fobs saying no key detected. I asked Nissan to get me out of the lease since the truck is unreliable and unsafe, and they have been giving me excuse after excuse. I've lost a lot of time, money, and patience with this truck and will tell everyone I know to STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Music and satnav repeatedly keep freezing and als system reboot - I have noticed over the last few months my juke sound and navigation console has been doing the above quite frequently and this is very annoying. I have not added any aux items and was hoping Nissan would have come out with a patch / updated software to fix this glitch, but although there are literally in the hundreds on media including social media, Nissan have not mentioned this or say they have got a patch or even working on it, pray tell me why.

Original review: March 12, 2019

When Speaking to Kaysha today, I could have sworn I speaking to a robot but human like. She kept repeating the same "Nissan will not cover the repairs you need because your vehicle is out of warranty". In January of 2018, I replaced the turbocharger costing $5200 which included parts and labor. Nissan is really proud of their prices! At the time I was told it was determined that lack of maintenance was the problem. I was not aware that a Turbo Charger needed maintenance and furthermore, They have all the records of my oil changes since I bought the car in 2014 so that could not be the problem.

Now, my timing belt broke, damaging the timing belt housing and causing other damage to more parts of the engine. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs to ask them to review the problem once again. They called me back today to let me know that they will not cover the repairs. Once again, I am left holding the bag. I still owe $12K on the car and the repairs will be upwards of $8K.

I have been shysted once again. I will never buy another Nissan again. Two is all it takes for me to learn my lesson. I feel stupid for not recognizing their robotic crap before. I am disgusted with Nissan and they will never see me set foot in one of their dealerships again and oh by the way, now with social media running rampant, they should listen more carefully to the squeaky wheel! I wish nothing but the worst for this company!!! They lie and steal from their loyal customers!! And on top of everything, they still have the gall to ask for a rating! Unbelievable! Well, I RATE YOU (ZERO stars!!!). They make you rate at least one star but know this you idiots at Nissan Consumer Affairs, You don't deserve that Star! You are a ZERO star company!!!

Nissan Company Information