2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.49/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I will never again own a Nissan, especially if they continue putting CVT transmissions in them. I won't recommend a Nissan to anyone as well. If you are lucky, transmission may get you 100,000 miles. My first one went out at 89,000 and now, my second one is out. My first one was covered under the warranty, but the second was only good for 30 days on labor and 12 months for parts at a Nissan dealership. Both not even getting 100,000. I have also spent money on quite a few other repairs along the way. I take care of my vehicles and service them properly. Stay away from Nissan and CVT transmissions. If I could give zero stars, I would.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

The CVT Transmission is junk. Disintegrated at 76K miles. It is well documented the CVT transmission has a history of problems. Nissan only extended warranty of a very small subset of vehicles that have the CVT. I spoke to Nissan Corporate and they were unwilling to help. If you buy a Nissan, put away another $3k to $4k to rebuild the transmission.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased this vehicle new in 2009 and have since had 3 failures since owning this car. Nissan installed what is called an Electronic Steering Column Lock (ESCL) that is designed to help prevent theft. Unfortunately if this part fails and it will about every 50,000-60,000 miles you will be unable to start the car even though mechanically there is nothing wrong with your car. I looked up other complaints and there is over 256k complaints on this issue alone yet Nissan will not back this part up. I paid to have it installed a 3rd time and was told that it was the 3rd generation on this part and that it would last but here I am 60,000 miles later and it broke again. I understand that my vehicle is 10 years old now but, I don't understand how Nissan can know that a part they make is defective and not come up with a solution or work around it leaving drivers completely stranded in a vehicle mechanically sound.

The repair for this is between $800-$1,100 each time. Nissan is aware of it and stopped installing it in all Nissan's and Infiniti's starting in 2012 but deny the part is defective. Knowing this I can't recommend that you buy any product from Nissan as there is no guarantee that they are going to back their product up and since this is a unique part built specifically for their vehicles only in 2009-2011 there are no aftermarket parts for this. If Nissan told me upfront that hey, this is a great engine and if you maintain it this vehicle will go at least 300k miles but, there is a part on it that can't be maintained and will break every 50k miles and costs $1,000 each time to repair I never would have bought it. I've owned 3 Nissan's in my life and this will be the last one I ever buy.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Long post... So I purchased a car brand new this past June (less than 3 months ago) from Gunn Nissan in San Antonio’s. Regret #1, buying from Gunn Nissan - bad delivery of a new vehicle. Regret #2, buying a Nissan - I have a lemon and want Nissan to buy it back. This has been an awful few months as a Nissan owners. Two major issues... Delivery of my new vehicle and major mechanical issue.

First of all - when I purchased the 2019 Nissan Armada platinum reserved brand new...there were deep scratches in the paint of the bumper and the bumper guard. I noticed this before driving off - shame on me for taking it then. A couple attempts at repairing it - photo attached of first repair when they had it for 24hrs and literally dabbed on some touch up paint (not very well) and left the bumper guard as is. It was finally painted in the body shop (yes, my brand new car) and it appeared that they sprayed bed liner on the bumper guard to cover those scratches. I was not happy with the repair but then again...there was nobody even there to ask how I felt or sign paperwork. I’m a busy person (single mom, 3 kids, multiple jobs and activities and it was not high on my priority list as it had already taken so much of my time. Shame on me again for not making a bigger fuss then).

Oh - and it only came with one key and they had to locate floor mats and take from a different vehicle since they couldn’t find the ones that came with mine. I had to go back on a Friday when the person who could program a new car keys was in since they couldn’t locate the second key. I did ask by the way during this time to please just trade it in for a similarly equipped vehicle and the manager was happy to tell me that he’d give me blue book value... It was less than two weeks old at this point and already they had attempted the first cosmetic repair.

Fast forward a couple months. Last week I got a message - BCI malfunction and it wouldn’t start. Eventually got it started while waiting for the tow truck and just a few minutes later I couldn’t get it out of park. Took it to dealership next morning. REPAIR #1 Thursday - dropped it off at 8am and picked it up around 2:30 pm that afternoon. They replaced the brake switch - didn’t make it a mile down the road when the same BCI malfunction light came on, turned around and took it right back

REPAIR #2 - dropped it off Thursday afternoon around 2:30 pm picked it up Friday around noon. They replaced the brake sensor. Made it about 3 miles this time and the same message came on again... BCI malfunction. Called this time furious and they offered to pick up the car from my work. They pick up my car around 3pm and had it Friday, Saturday (their service dept is open all day Saturday), and Monday - I got a call on Monday around 3:45 which they left a voicemail because I was on the phone with Nissan USA regarding my case and replied to an email I had sent earlier that day checking on the status of repair.

In the email and on the voicemail they clearly stated they had replaced the front end collision sensor and did the alignment for it, test drove the Armada and no lights came on. So it was ready but they said they would keep it until the next day (Tues) to drive it again just to be safe. I consider this to have been REPAIR #3 since it was the third part and attempt at repairing it.

I emailed Tuesday afternoon thinking I would have had my car by now since the Monday test drive went well. The service advisor replied saying that it looks good and they were out test driving it and if it worked they’d bring it to me shortly. Got an email about an hour later saying they were going to order another part. So to me... REPAIR #4 attempt. I replied... So the light went off again huh and they said yes. Got an email Wed afternoon that part was in and replaced but they wanted to again keep it overnight to be safe. Thursday everything was still good and they delivered my Armada to me Thursday late morning.

When they delivered the car the paperwork did not include repair #3 so I didn’t want to sign paperwork. I called the service advisor who told me they never replaced the front sensor even though I have an email and a voicemail stating that they did and it had been completed. He tells me it’s a miscommunication and I didn’t understand but nothing had been replaced. I reluctantly signed the paperwork but figured since I knew I had the voicemail & email as back up I would be good.

Lemon law states that you must attempt the same repair 4 times to be considered a lemon. Am I crazy to think it’s a lemon or should I be happy that I don’t have the BCI malfunction message??? The fact that I have them caught in an outright lie is very concerning and shady. This is such an abbreviated version - if you’d like a longer version I have it typed up and ready to share with you - just message me.

I could go on and on about how nobody returns calls as well but that’s all just petty I guess at this point and my main concern is a vehicle that is less than three months old with this many issues and the lack of response and deceitfulness of the dealership repairing it. Can’t get through to a manager or get a call returned on many occasions. Once you buy the car they could CARE LESS as soon as that paperwork is signed. I will say that I feel both my salesperson and service advisor were both very nice and just had their hands tied by Gunn management.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

So I financed a car with Nissan that had almost 30,000 miles on it thinking it was a good investment. The warranty was for 60,000 miles and of course things were great right up until the warranty expired. At just over 63,000 miles the transmission let go. I have never heard of such a thing. Funny thing is they had this problem with the cvt transmissions before and supposedly fixed the issues. WRONG. Also they have a bunch of lawsuits out against them because of this issue. Most if not all are just out of warranty. Think about that one.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Nissan Murano with 14k miles on it in Feb 2019 with full warranty. It was the first time I had bought a used/program car and it will be my last. In mid-July the sunroof started experiencing an issue when closing it. I'd press the button to close the sunroof and it worked fine until it got to the front and instead of closing it would kick back open. I took it to the local dealer and they thought it would be a simple fix to change out the motor. Fast forward to now and 3 motors later and still NO RESOLUTION. I'm now at DAY 50 of not having my vehicle back or fixed.

The dealership tells me they are not getting support needed from Nissan Tech Engineers, have tried 3 different motors and nothing is working. Last Friday I reached out to Nissan Consumer Affairs because the dealership is getting nowhere and they inform me there will be ANOTHER 10-day wait until while they act as liaison between myself and dealership. The communication on both ends has been horrible and it's completely unacceptable for them to have my car for almost 2 months with no resolution in sight. The service experience between the dealership and corporate has been a nightmare and I will never buy a Nissan again.

The rep at Nissan Consumer Affairs sounds like she's reading off a script and also made it sound like it was my fault for not reaching out sooner. Up to this point I've always trusted my local dealership and I believed they were working diligently on my issue. It appears Nissan just doesn't want to replace the entire track for the sunroof under warranty... Maybe they are fighting about who is going to pay for it. All I want them to do at this point is to buy this car back so I can move on. I'm so done. It shouldn't take 2 months to fix a sunroof.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I have been a Nissan customer since 2004 and was happy with the brand until one of my Nissans started having issues. I purchased a Nissan extended warranty when the car was new and unfortunately it ended up being a waste of money. My car is a Roadster and it is making some loud noises during closing it and has excessive wind noise along with rattles. The dealer, St. Charles Nissan, said it is normal operation to avoid a repair under extended warranty. They even charge me a diagnostic fee for that. It is obviously not normal based on hundreds of top related online complaints so I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs for their help. They basically said they can not force the dealer to do anything. Since they do not care about their customers, I will find another brand for our future car purchases.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Four years ago, I was told a recall had to be done on my 2011 Cross Cabriolet. After the recall work was done, the roof would not close correctly. I have taken the car back to the dealer several times over 4 years. Each time the problem gets worse, not better. Nissan USA is no help. The dealer is no help. Nissan no longer employs mechanics; just employs inept part changers. No wonder Nissan is tanking.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Purchased Nissan Altima..brand new from Davidson Nissan In Watertown NY. My car overheated to the point the indicator was pegged out completely! And fluid spewed out from under the hood multiple times!! First trip to very unfriendly service department..was told could not repeat. Picked up my car and the radiator fluid was still all over the front end of my car!! Next day picked my son up at school. Car overheated to the point I was asked to move it farther away from the building for fear children could be burned from the spewing liquid. Parked in the far end of parking lot. My car was flat bedded again to Davidson Nissan in Watertown N.Y. Was told again could not repeat. Went to pick up my car, they couldn't find it. Called service manager and he told them he parked it in the back field. They brought it to me covered in dirt and yep covered in more anti freeze.

This continued for weeks. I told the manager of the Davidson Nissan Watertown NY I did not want the car anymore. I asked him to buy it back. He said all he could do to make it right was an extended warranty, Nissan car mats, 2 free oil changes (I did not use) and a Nissan hat. 2 years later my car suddenly jerks going down the highway. I get off exit and car hesitated. I drove less than a mile to pizza shop. Went to leave and my car would not go forward or reverse.. Called warranty company and had my car flat bedded to Burdick Nissan in Cicero NY (Driver's Village). I was told this morning that transmission had to be completely replaced!!! What it is a "2017" are you kidding me. Yep but at least it's covered by warranty. What about next time? Replacing with the same kinda transmission.... Hello..I thought Nissan was a good dependable car. I don't want this car and owe too much to trade it!! Thanks Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I purchased a 2009 Nissan Rogue, new. I have owned this car for 10 years, and have paid through the nose for control arms and wheel bearings. August 4th 2015 my transmission overheated on the 400, kicked into safe mode from Cruise control and almost got us run over by a transport. It was "repaired" with an accessory oil cooler by Nissan two weeks later. Same thing happened 2 days ago on a trip back from Lemington. I have under the 200,000 km, but am 1 month over my warranty. So, I have been in talks with Nissan's customer care department. My warranty was up July 30th. The band aid fix for my transmission on August 5th 2016 has failed 1 month after the warranty was up...imagine that. It was a pretty car. It's pretty worthless now. Seriously think over your purchases....I now have no trade value.

Nissan Company Information