2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.63/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their many models:

View More View More

Nissan Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

New vehicle purchase. Nissan Motor Acceptance called a reference of mine a week later leaving a callback message after the purchase. I called back the next day and was informed it was a verification check. I felt embarrassed. Nissan Motor Acceptance didn't leave a message on my cell which is the first contact number. I believe references shouldn't be contacted unless a payment's missed, emergency, or to locate the whereabouts of the customer. Nissan Motor Acceptance is actually the billing department. My first payment isn't due for another 34 days! Nissan already sent a letter informing me of the billing department and online options to manage my account. My reference shouldn't have been contacted. A message should've been left on my phone allowing me time to contact them back. I'm posting this cause people need to know what they're getting into with Nissan. Just think if a payment's late how they'll respond!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Dear Nissan, for everyone that had a car before the policies changed for the 8 payment extensions to 6 payment extensions you should still honor them because we were told something that is no longer being honored. I understand that it is a courtesy, but that doesn't change the fact that you should honor your word to us because when you say something you should do it. Especially for some of us who have been loyal towards our payments and the Nissan Corporation. Also, we never get anything for being a customer. We hardly get discounts and the service team at almost every location is always trying to sell you another car for overpriced numbers. Unsatisfied.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Don't buy Nissan. Transmissions are going out on vehicles and they won't replace them. I took my car to two Nissan dealerships and they refuse to fix and acknowledge the warranty. Now with my case they won't fix the vehicles and claim that it is past the mileage for warranty. I brought my car to two dealership before the warranty expired. Don't buy. Their transmission are going out.

Original review: June 20, 2019

It's been almost a month since paying my car off. I'm still waiting to receive my title. Customer service is no help and gives little to no information. I will probably never buy another Nissan after this because their finance company is a 3 ring circus.

Original review: June 17, 2019

First time and last leasing from Nissan this 2018 Nissan Rogue SL.! At 5,000 miles had front end whining. Took to dealer. They said nothing wrong.? I would not leave without them looking further into this noise. Well they found a faulty bearing and replaced it. I asked for a wheel alignment also to be done. I thought they did this.? But at 10,000 miles I had wheel pulling and shaking in the front of the car. Took to same dealer for service but was told because it needed a wheel alignment it was my fault so I asked for a inspection that I paid for. They found a faulty control arm and strut on same side as the replaced bearing.! Well they said it was my fault that I did something to cause this and would not fix it unless I paid for the repairs.! This is totally a terrible company and cars also.!

I contacted corporate and worse treatment said my fault so, “We can’t help you.!” It is caused by not having a wheel alignment that I asked for at the prior bearing replacement.? So I am a victim of Nissan North America that makes you think you are getting a great deal on a lease car.! Then when you have a true problem that you did not cause they throw you under the”BUS”!!! They suck people in by giving them a lot of “Bells and Whistles” standard on the cars and not caring about anyone’s safety just making their pockets DEEPER!!!

Stay away from these dealers and cars nothing but trouble for the consumer while they take no responsibility at all after you sign and leave the dealership.!! Where is their warranty on a new vehicle.? This is proof that there is none.! So my car if driven could cause a serious accident and possible near death to any passengers or others on the road!!! I have to pay for all the repairs before I can drive it again.!!! Buyers Beware.!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: May 18, 2019

This car is unreliable, has transmission, and clutch problems. A 2017 with 67000 miles on it. They offered 2000 for it as a trade in... 5000 if we're fixed it. DON'T HOLD ANY VALUE! I have platinum warranty on it and still paying 700 for them to fix it.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Drove our Brand New Nissan off the lot and the air didn’t work. Had to repair the complete air conditioning system 7 times and still never worked. Terrible customer service and would not take the vehicle back. We have 9 kids and almost a year with a little mini van rental due to constantly being in the shop. Terrible experience.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I took my car to Nissan of Riverhead NY on 8-26-17. I brought it in for two new tires and a coolant flush. This job should have cost me about $450, instead I walked out paying $675. They overcharged me on every part and aspect of service. They broke not one but both of my tire TPMS sensors before telling me what they did. Then had the nerve to say it was my fault because of the metal tire valve stem caps Nissan put on years ago. They claimed giving me a coupon on my receipt and not charging me a fee made up for what they did. The coupon didn't even make up for how much they overcharged me for parts and service.

Furthermore driving the car home it had a extreme vibration that it never had before and would require the brakes to be fixed on the car in under a few months to make it go away. Also the tires they sold me were the wrong ones and so badly installed that they would leak constantly and eventually need to be replaced in under two years. Mavis confirmed that it was poor work that cause the premature failure of my brakes and tires. I have all the supporting receipts and videos to prove all this. This is a link to the video when you will hear the one mechanic discuss how bad the work on my car was and you will hear a customer service rep tell him to stop CSI my car and finding problems so they could cover up their terrible service and the damage they did to my car. https://youtu.be/IYTTbhw6taY.

Also I met with the owner and he and his staff was unwilling to do anything but play a blame game. I contacted Nissan in the matter and they sided with him even though there are numerous complaints against several of his dealerships. I would not buy from him ever again and certainly I will never buy from Nissan again since they did nothing to solve the problem. I now own a Honda and could not be happier to be out of this nightmare - but the loss of thousands of dollars due to irresponsible businesses such as Nissan is still a painful experience no one should go through.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Faulty issues with new Kicks. I have been purchasing Nissan since 1985. This was to be my very first lease ever. I wanted 2018 model. Universal City was the closest and had several cars. I got my Kicks SR. The model I test drove had 80 mls on it and was filthy. I asked the rep if this was a floor model. He avoided the question and said it will be cleaned up. Enamored I went ahead with the purchase. The salesman let me inspect the car in the garage. It seemed to have been cleaned, but when I came home I noticed not only it was dirty but had scuff marks on it, the back light was scratched and missing a flashlight in the tool kit.

I cleaned the car myself in my garage. Since it was a lease I became leery and wrote a letter to the manager Steve ** and was completely ignored, zero reply. 3 days later I got a warning flashing on the car "UNAVAILABLE FRONT RADAR OBSTRUCTION." Same happened again next day. So I took it to dealer. While the car was being inspected, I went to see Steve the manager, who did not appear, was busy. Sia, an assistant manager came to see me. I told him of my dirty car, he said he will detail it and look into missing tool. The next day my car was returned. The explanation on warning was "the front sensor was dirty." Scuffs and scratches were gone.. No answer on missing tool. Again, the only reason I am wary because this is a lease, has to be returned and I don't want to be responsible for missing tool. Still I was happy, satisfied.

However the warning sign came back. I work, so had to bring the car a couple of days later. This time they kept the car for 5 days to replace the sensor. I asked to be compensated, like a tank of gas, they declined. The service manager finally told me that the car doesn't come with a flashlight. The spot is made for other models that do? Although it doesn't make sense, this is the highest model of Kicks, I am leaving that alone. Once more I said perhaps this is the end. To no avail.

Now my dashboard is buzzing, as if I am driving a clunker. Cannot hear music. So today, back to service. I am completely disappointed and have zero confidence in Nissan. I will have no choice but to consult an attorney if anything else happens. Unfortunately only now I begun reading reviews on Nissans and see that there are many complaints on sensors, transmissions and audio systems. Yet I love my car. I am heartbroken.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Most horrible experience I’ve ever had buying a car. The dealership wasn’t the best to deal with but the fact that Nissan itself is selling cars that it is knowingly putting out there that the transmissions aren’t going to work or last for even the life of a loan is absolutely pathetic as the transmission has now went out in my 2016 Nissan Sentra and I still owe over 15,000 on the car. I have no warranties to help me. It’s not part of the lemon law. Why? I don’t know. It’s built the same year those transmissions where nobody can explain to me why it’s not part of the lemon law and what makes it even worse Is one we were being sold the car.

That’s all they sold was the transmission and how this new transmission was going to revolutionize the industry. I wouldn’t fill that shift, my fuel economy would go up etc. etc. and from day one it’s been nothing but a nightmare. The dealership nor Nissan has been willing to help me. I had previously owned Nissan’s and got 300,000 miles out of them that’s why I came back to you guys after this purchase. I will never even look at another Nissan again regardless of maker model.

Nissan Company Information