Midas Mufflers

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Midas Mufflers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas Mufflers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Brought 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 In for brakes. Replaced front disc pads and turner right front rotor. Replaced both rear shoes and installed new hardware kits. The following day front right disc squeaked every time they were applied. Went back a week later to try and resolve and new quieter pads were installed. Started squeaking the same day. Called and spoke with owner/manager. He stated that the rotor may need replacing and the calipers may need replacing. Took truck into business that specialized in only brakes. They found that new brake pads were installed but caliper guides were not lubricated and the backings were not lubricated. Also found right parking brake cable was not connected! Seems like DOT should investigate practices at Midas because this involves Vehicles SAFETY! Bottom line is Midas does not know what they are doing and speaking about! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I have been Dealing with the Midas Team for over a year now and this Team of professionals are solid. They stand by their clients. They do good work, They are honest, and they go above and beyond. Kevin and Mike, and their team of Knowledgable mechanics have helped me throughout the year with everything from mufflers, to axle seals to you name it. I drive a Nissan Pathfinder so I have put them through a little hell here and there with my Jap crap. Lol But they Get er done every time. No job is too big.

The latest experience was with my transmission packing it in. With covid and wait times ordering parts and having to send me over to an affiliated transmission shop it was an adventure for sure. Some tough times and a long wait for parts to come from Japan etc but These boys went ABOVE and BEYOND to support me and help me get it done right.

When you rely on your vehicle 8 hrs a day like I do servicing the whole city, you need someone you can count on that won't leave you stranded or let you down. MIDAS CARES!!~ They always make things right and their prices are very reasonable for the quality work they do. It's a partnership really. You find a mechanic group that you trust that get to know you. They know your needs they are always there for you. Kevin, Mike and team. Thanks you for getting me through 2020- 2021!! Thank you for helping me on my journey and keeping my wheels rollin!! - I took the time to write this review because these guys deserve it! Had they not gone the extra mile for me I'd truly be in rough shape. But thanks to them I have pulled through with my mechanical woes.

Original review: July 22, 2021

On June 14, 2021, I brought my vehicle into this Midas location to have the front brake pads changed, 6689 Route 9 North, Howell, New Jersey 07731. Because I was the only customer in the shop, Fernando, the manager, consistently engaged me in conversation. He somehow managed to talk me into paying for two new front rotors. After reluctantly agreeing to this additional charge, Fernando talked me into having my brake and coolant fluids drained and replaced. I was skeptical about these ancillary charges but relented simply because I always had faith in the Midas name.

The next morning while driving, my vehicle’s temperature gauge suddenly shot up to high. At the same time, my check engine light became illuminated and my car began emitting an “emergency” sound. Trust me, if you heard it, you would immediately know that it was the sound of doom. Absolutely nothing good could come out of the vehicle making this stead5n. By then the anti-freeze had spewed all over the engine and smoke began rising up all over the place. I then called Fernando and he said that he’d send two of his employees right over to my location. He relayed to me how it would take two people to fix the problem, not just one.

Many hours later, when the two employees finally came to my location, they both told me that this problem was caused by the other employee who changed the fluids the day before. I am not a mechanic, but from what I gathered while they were fixing the problem, they said he had made a crucial mistake by allowing air bubbles to get inside the coolant. When air gets into this sealed system, air pockets can form and cause blockages, which can lead to bubbling and overheating.

Both of the employees were very professional and were exceedingly apologetic. They emphasized repeatedly that this problem should never have happened. They insisted that I should have my money refunded as it was 100 percent Midas’ fault for hiring an inexperienced and careless worker. The both of them were there fixing the problem for two to three hours. They told me this is how long it generally takes to have all of the air bubbles removed from the coolant once air gets into it. Before they left, they refilled the anti-freeze and then gave me the container with the remaining coolant. I only have adulation for these two employees, but only contempt for Midas for negligently hiring an inept, unqualified employee.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I took my car in to get brakes. They did the back ones. Almost was killed. There were air bubble from not bleeding. Go back to get front ones and they were very loud. I returned. They told me just loud brakes. Nothing wrong. These were the new ones mind you, got my oil changed at jiffy lube. A guy there said the rotors are warped. Took it back to Midas. They for free put on parts. Now they grind. I am hesitant going back.

Two weeks ago my ac stopped working. They said it was very expensive job I needed. I told them I would bring it back. Google my problem. Ends up it was a sensor you can buy for twenty two bucks. They would not even look at it unless I wanted to pay 150. I told them is all I wanted was it replaced. They refused. I went down the street a one man garage. He was great. Fixed it after I tipped him. Still cheaper than Midas to look at. It works perfect. Really wish they were not independently owned and had a person to answer to my car is having brake problems again after one month.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I do not recommend Midas at all. Robbers. The insurance sent my car to Midas to change battery. Midas robbed me for 650$ for battery change. When asked in auto zone. They said it is 150$. 2 weeks later, the car stopped. I took it to another mechanic who confirmed that battery is old. When contacted Midas for the guarantee. Midas claimed they cannot find me on the system. I do not recommend those robbers to anybody. They should be in jail.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I purchased brakes and rotors in March of 2020. My brakes have been jerking ever since. I returned my car to Midas 6 times. They could not find anything wrong. My vehicle was not jerking before the brakes were installed. No one and I mean no one would help me. I was told because of the pandemic no one could ride with me or test my car. Do car brakes have to be replaced after 20,000 miles. Service was done in Southfield Mi 10 Mile and Telegraph. Give me my money back and I will go elsewhere. So disappointed. I need help.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Took my 2011 Hyundai Tucson to the Midas location in Carpentersville, IL at 20 S Western Ave, for an oil change and tire rotation on Saturday May 8 for a 7:30 AM appointment. Everything went well enough. Later in the day the SUV started making strange noises that were becoming progressively worse as it was driven. Called the manager and brought it back.

They tried to hand us the keys without telling us what the issue was and when pressed for an answer, they told us that only two of the five lug nuts on the rear passenger-side tire were tightened, three were not. No apology and no further explanation after what could have been a potentially hazardous safety issue despite their oversight. Will not be going back and will be steering anyone I know away from them and Midas as a whole.

Original review: May 12, 2021

The Midas shop in New Orleans near downtown sold me a tire which they said was new that had a patch in it. After a little over a year, It started losing pressure and Bridgestone told me there is a patch in the tire.

Original review: April 30, 2021

We had much difficulty with this Midas store manager because he could not get the part numbers correct for a Walker muffler and resonator pipe for a 1996 Honda EX Accord Wagon. It took almost a week for him to get the correct parts. Part of the problem might be Walker as it appears they changed part numbers. We will investigate further with Walker.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I called and spoke with ** Store Mgr. Midas Muffler S. Wadsworth, Lakewood, Co. Rick. Treated me with respect and he was very kind, courteous and professional!! He had me bring my car in for inspection. I was having a squealing sound in the engine compartment. The great mechanic there diagnosed the problem and fixed my car immediately. They are wonderful people and I recommend them highly! Thank you very much!

Original review: March 30, 2021

Came to The Ventura store on 3/29/2021 and asked for an estimate of repairs to my exhaust system. After inspection I was quoted $2000.00 to replace the entire exhaust system from catalytic converter connection, back to tailpipe. They said they do not use Mercedes parts, that the repairs required welding the connections of tailpipe to the two mufflers. I was charged $40.00 for the 5 minute inspection. When I refused to have them repair my vehicle from their estimated $2,000 repair. These people are not trustworthy of my business. You should my inspection fee. I took it to Pep Boys, they fixed a small pinhole leak for $46.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

On 10/31/20 I took my vehicle to the Midas Muffler & Brake located at 7220 East 22nd Street for an oil change and I left the car to be serviced. I was called later by the shop Manager (** and was told that I needed some additional work as they had performed a free safety inspection. It was noted on the inspection sheet that the thermostat housing was seeping and possibly the water pump could be leaking along with some suspension parts that needed replacement. The technician recommended a pressure system check to verify the leak. I did not have the finances for this extra cost at this time. ** explained to me about the financing program (Easy Pay) which I took an application with me and completed it at home the same day. I was approved for $900 so I called ** and let him know that I wanted to do the work now that I was approved.

I returned on Monday, Nov, 3rd to have the services performed. The vehicle was suppose to be completed the same day but I was told that a fuse was blown and that the part would not be in until the next day. I picked up the vehicle on 11/4/20 around Noon. Early the next morning I noticed green fluid underneath my car. I called my Dad to ask him what it could be. I also told him about the services I had done the day before. He told me to call the shop and explain to them what I had encountered. ** told me to bring the car in as soon as possible. I took the car in that morning and was told later that afternoon that I needed a thermostat and possibly the housing unit because of leaks. I called my dad again who spoke to **.

Since my father has managed a major corporate automotive shop for 15 years, he asked ** why they didn’t replace the thermostat when they did the water pump as a preventative maintenance item. ** told him that I could go to Autozone and purchase the thermostat and they would install it for free. I returned to Midas with the thermostat only to learn that it didn’t come with a gasket. I called my father again who spoke with ** and told him specifically to install their own thermostat and the housing if needed. He wanted the car fixed. I picked up the vehicle almost before they closed and drove home the same day.

About 2 weeks later my car starts overheating while I’m driving with my boyfriend. I immediately pull into a QT gas station and call my father who told me and my boyfriend what to do. The next day I bring it back in and after 5 hours I call the manager ** and he told me that they had been running the car all morning and it had barely started overheating but he believes its the thermostat. I'm not trusting them with my car anymore at this point since my father told ** specifically to replace the thermostat and housing if needed. I called my dad again who at this point was not happy that they never replaced the thermostat or the housing as he had requested, they only replaced the water outlet housing gasket and thermostat gasket. He asked ** for the district manager’s contact information and to his surprise was told that that information cannot be given to customers. He would have to contact the district manager and give him the message.

The district manager arranges for me to take the car to another Midas on Speedway. He told my father that he would personally inspect the car himself and diagnose the problem. My father was told by Thomas (the speedway Midas manager) that the DM did not look at the car because he was busy all morning on calls but they had replaced the thermostat. About 4 days later my car starts overheating again. I bring it back to the Midas on Speedway that did my thermostat. My dad gets a call on Monday from Thomas and they tell him that the head gasket is blown. I pay for it to get towed to my house and try figuring out a solution with the district manager but he was only willing to do the labor for free and has since been nonresponsive.

I end up paying for another tow to a different mechanic for another opinion. He confirms my head gasket is blown but they were unwilling to work on it and shared any other shop would say the same since the engine has a lot of miles and it's an older car. So, I came in for an oil change and now have a car that I can't even drive and a $900 financing bill that I owe for the bad repairs. I have endured 3 tows not to mention my time lost disputing the work. The subpar work that was performed by Midas is a direct cause of my car overheating which resulted in the blown head gasket. Here are the facts.

- I had green fluid on the ground the next day after the water pump was replaced proves that they did not perform the work properly.
- My dad told them to replace the thermostat and housing based on their own diagnosis and they didn’t do that. They only replaced the gaskets.
- The 22nd street location told me they replaced a power steering hose that was leaking at no charge and some fuse at no charge. No documentation indicates that this work was done as I did not get a receipt even though it was done at no charge.
- The Speedway location diagnosed the overheating issue and replaced the thermostat at no charge. Again no documentation indicates the diagnosis or the recommendation as I did not get a receipt even though it was done at no charge.

- The district manager admitted to my father that they should have replaced the thermostat when they replaced the water pump. That’s why he sent me to the Speedway location.

In closing, Midas has not admitted to their liability but offered to do the labor for free if I purchased the parts. This is a direct cause of their poor workmanship which resulted in my car being ruined. After taking my car back to Midas 5 times, I would never have them do internal engine repairs when they could not perform the proper diagnosis and replacement of a water pump.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I came up to Midas Muffler for some front end work and when they got done I paid and left. 3 dashboard light came on so I went back to midas. They said it was something else...brake service lights... a.b.s. lights... traction control lights... light was not on when I came there.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

After going to three different shops Midas solve the issues in 10 minute. Midas South Seneca Wichita KS 67217. Manager Jordan G - Gavin Technician. Great work, thank you. ALSO receive a complete inspection.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

This is simply the WORST business practice and management I have EVER experienced. Right from the initial poor quality workmanship to the SEVERE lack of customer service. Long story short, I visited Midas St. Anne's in January 2020 for exhaust and muffler work, which I very much regret. I trusted them with their initial assessment that my catalytic converters needed replacing. Since, I have had many other second opinions and am now the wiser that these RARELY need replacing. My total expense for a simple muffler/exhaust repair was $2000! I was definitely was taken advantage of and gouged.

5000km later, I am driving and find myself without power steering and smoke fuming from my car hood. Thank goodness I was not in an accident! I take my vehicle to my local mechanic who has serviced my vehicle my entire adult life; great guy, completely trustworthy and always goes up and beyond. I am utterly disgusted with what was found. My power steering and low pressure hoses were burnt from cheap after market converters that Midas installed and incorrectly positioned too close to my hoses (photo 1). And in addition, Midas caused damaged two underbody parts that had NOTHING TO EVEN do with the muffler and exhaust system: the solenoid starter (photo 2) and the bracket (photo 3).

There is direct cause and effect evidence here. Yet somehow, the store manager Sonny ** choses to disregard it all and seems to think this quality of work is acceptable. They are not taking responsibility whatsoever. Sonny tried blaming the burnt hoses as "common issues" for my car type. Yet, in the 8 years of owning the vehicle I had never had an issue until after the converters were incorrectly replaced and better still, my two sisters who each have the same car have never had this issue either. Sonny also had a different explanation for all said defects depending on whom he was talking to: my mechanic or myself. Some of his reasoning was just not even plausible. Instead, he gave an estimated quote of another $4000 to have all this repaired to ideal standards.

Shame on you Midas. Let us put this into perspective - how would you feel if this happened to one of your family members or loved ones and the company responsible failed to take ownership? As a professional in the realm of a business, I know mistakes happen. But TRUE professionals admit and take ownership for their mistakes, right the wrongs, and compensate the client. I will be continuing to post my story on different review outlets, filing complaints with the Better Business Bureaus, and contacting the media. The public has a right to know.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Oil changed by Midas Downers Grove, IL. Leaking oil on drive. Took to Nissan. Missing drain plug washer. Drain plug stripped. Nissan retapped oil pan threads. Replaced washer and plug. Refilled oil. $89 fix. Clean oil from drive. Sent complaint to Midas corporate twice. No response from store. Called store. On Hold. Cut off. No call back.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Excellent Customer Service experience provided by ** the Store Manager, very knowledgeable, professional, and made you feel like you were a lifelong customer even if it's your first time there! If you want this type of service go to this Midas location 3855 S Military Trail Lake Worth, FL 33463. Thanks **! Will be taking both of my cars there for all my maintenance needs and also will be referring my friends and family to your store as well.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I purchased and had Midas installed a brand new muffle system (Muffle, DF Converter Ultra, pipe center, 2 exhaust gasket, and manifold). So, after January 2020, around 09/2020 my muffler system became loud and noisy as if I never had the muffle work done. I became very angry because I paid $ 1447,.23 for parts and $288 for labor. I'm very disappointed because I didn't expect a company with Midas reputation to do subpar work. I mean $1853.38 a lot of money to pay out for any vehicle repair service but I would expect not to have problems after paying that much money for a muffle to get repaired. I haven't contacted Midas yet but will keep you posted.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

On 8/31/20 I took my 2010 Cadillac into Midas in West Bloomfield, MI 48322, for many needed repairs. I expected the bill to be high, but not what the actual amount was. I declined the extra $940 in service to replace the transmission cooler lines, flush the cooler and replace the trans fluid. Having been a Ford engineer and working in transmission cooling systems prior to my spine injury, I was not too concerned having driven this car for over a year, always parked in the same place and never had any leaks. But when I came directly home from Midas, parked in the same spot in my garage, my wife later informed me my car was indeed leaking oil. Being handicapped and unable to get under a car anymore, I could not look to determine where the leak was coming from. I also was very skeptical that this cooler line could start a leak from 1.4 miles of driving from Midas to my home.

On 9/3/20 the battery failed. I took the car to Firestone in West Bloomfield for a new battery. I asked them to check the lower transmission cooling line for a leak. There was one, just like the picture in the Midas inspection report texted on my phone. They showed me the leak and the cooler line was loose, unseated backed out several turns from a secure position (see pic). I asked if he could possibly try some ATV and tighten it. The technician informed me it could be cross threaded and may not help repair the leak. But it easily tightened back into the proper location. I asked him if he could clean up the oil before I drove it home. I drive this car daily (3 weeks now) with no leaks on my garage floor, parked in the exact spot where I had my first oil leak after driving home from Midas in West Bloomfield after the repairs they performed.

I have documentation, a receipt for the battery replacement, cooler line tightening to the proper fit (no charge), and Firestone technicians very happy to have me include their place of business anywhere I choose to post or report this $940 unneeded repair. It was a simple scam to get more money. Midas claims the car is old and repairs and inspection were honest. My documentation and daily use of the vehicle proves they are not trustworthy with my car and the repair was not required. I became irate on the phone 9/8/20 that he would calmly said this Midas facility was an honest repair facility when I have proof of the $940 unneeded repair. A $940 service fee from Midas in West Bloomfield to replace the transmission cooler lines, flush the cooler and replace the fluid, THAT WAS NOT REQUIRED. Be very careful doing business with Midas in West Bloomfield.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I came back to Midas with one last chance to fix my muffler properly so that I wouldn't be returning every 2 years for the same problem. Luckily, this time I was directed to the other Kingston location with whom I spoke to Brad, he and the mechanic Nick have completely restored my faith in midas and I will without question return to them for any further work my car, or friends or families need done that we just don't have the time or patience to deal with.

Brad worked with me every step of the way, even helping with my budget and providing the best possible prices and options for what my car needed. Nick went above and beyond with the repairs to my car, doing a full break inspection while we waited for my friend to arrive with another opinion. Any and all repairs were absolutely necessary and explained in great detail, additional services were also provided to help offset the cost and make a customer satisfied and for the first time, happy with the repairs made to my vehicle by Midas on Gardiner's road in Kingston Ontario. Thank you, sincerely, Brad and Nick for restoring my faith in Midas and making this a smooth transaction on all behalfs.

Resolution response: Aug. 24, 2020

Midas really help me fix the issue. Kelvin contacted me and I am satisfied. Thanks to you all. I'm a happy customer. My car is running great. 8/22/2020 98 North rocks!!!! I will use them again if needed.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I took my there. It was driving good. When I got it back it was smoking, skipping, cutting off.. driving rough. I don't know what they did to my car but I am pissed. I'm not giving up. I will file a lawsuit. I want a refund. Midas!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

The sign at the door says required mask for safety. Your staff don’t care about your customer. They go in my car without a mask. Not only my car the other customer to. Nobody at your company was wearing a mask. Not inside their store or outside. When you said require a mask means everyone need to wear a mask. Thank you. Store address 411 N Riverside Dr. Clarksville TN. Day of service 08/10/20.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I took my 2009 Cadillac to Midas, towed there because it wouldn’t start. They replaced the fuel pump and relay for $935. When I went to pick it up, it wouldn’t start. They played with the relay and it started and they sent me on my way. The following day, 40 miles from home it died while driving with the same problem as before. I had it towed to the Midas in Tacoma, 5 miles away. Found a ride home. The relay was burned and replaced by the Tacoma Midas. No indication that the fuel pump needed to be replaced but the relay which they said they replaced ($42 for the part) was replaced in Tacoma. They didn’t really care about the trouble, took no responsibility for the car breaking down with the same symptoms within 24 hours of their working on it with the same problem. They didn’t offer any refund or monetary compensation for their failure to fix the problem. I will not take my vehicles to Midas again. Paid Tacoma Midas $192 to replace relay.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I'm on disability. I feel like they scared me. My car was running fine. Went there for a oil change. Afterward they give me a list of things that need to be fixed over a 1.000 and now my car isn't running right.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I went in for an oil change and check of check engine light. Manager charged me for parts AND labor prior to services being rendered. That same evening I called and asked parts to be cancelled because I researched and saw they were overcharging me $600. Manager never credited my credit card and owner lied and told credit card company that I had the parts put on my car... Submitted a forged receipt. Took me 15 months to get the credit placed on my credit card, next month the charges were back on my credit card. Synchrony bank rep that I was dealing with from disputes won't return my calls. Save yourself the headaches and go to a reputable company, skip all Midas in the Tucson area as they are owned by the same crooked thief.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Terrible service and poorly done repair of spark plugs. They refused to take responsibility for incorrect installation of the repair which resulted in having to pay another company to do the same repair the correct way.

Original review: April 2, 2020

They are a horrible place. They broke my interior part and refuse to fix it. When I asked the manager David ** he replied rudely, "Sue Midas." I contact corporate and they don't do anything either. Do not take your car to the Midas on Dorothy Lane in Kettering.

Original review: April 1, 2020

This Midas has been repairing my family's cars for decades. Several times I thought I had a problem or a minor problem, they have said no charge because it was minor, or no charge even though the car was put up on hoist and found no repair needed. They are trustworthy and honest.

Original review: March 27, 2020

It was absolutely perfect!! Great customer service; friendly, personable and caring, the repairs were done very quickly and they were not overly priced. I will definitely go back there for my other auto repair needs.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I went in in February to get my car's wiper squirter fixed & to pass inspection. My brakes needed work as well. They kept my car overnight, because they claimed it needed a tune up. I ok’d the tune up. When I got my car back it ran worse & my wiper still did not work. I was told twice before I brought my car home the wiper bud was fixed. It wasn’t. My brake lights are still on. When took back, they kept overnight again, telling me new stuff was wrong with it. I bought new wiper buds, they were too big. Midas took off my original ones & never put them back on. They tried to tell me they missed something in the first $800, they took from me. They sent me home in a car that has no way to clean my windshield, with brake lights still on.

Told my husband over the phone before we paid $230 more to fix the new problem, that if we didn’t like it, they’d just pull it out front & we can come get it. RUDE! Would not face us when we went to pick up my car. They wanted over $300 more for other stuff they claimed was wrong. They sent me home in an unsafe car. They are unprofessional, rude & we will never go back. They are rip off artists.

Midas Mufflers Company Information