Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz

3.2/5 (1828 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is an in-house financing provider for vehicles from Mercedes-Benz and other brands under its parent company, Daimler AG. It provides an online payment calculator, and you can apply online or at a local dealership to get preapproved. After your purchase, you can manage your account and make secure payments online.

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes-Benz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: May 22, 2022

I bought a new GLE only to find that the 2022 premium plus models have had 45% of their options removed. This includes memory seats, electronic steering adjust, no sub-woofer and selling their cars with no public charging cables.

Original review: April 27, 2022

My car won't start, it's cold, and I have a dog in the car. Luckily, I'm not on the side of busy highway with semis roaring by. I simply cannot get connected to Roadside Assistance. I've been through 2 incompetent customer service reps trying to get one of them to contact Roadside Assistance for me. I'm on hold with the 3rd one so we'll see. One of the worst customer service experiences ever. Puts a serious dent in my customer loyalty. We consumers don't forget these experiences.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

My Mercedes GLC 200 Car’s Steering is not in center of the seat (it is on left side from center of the seat). I am experiencing pain in my right shoulder and right upper arm while driving and after driving the car. So, I stopped using this car. It is essential that steering wheel should be on center of the driver seat.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I have had my 2015 C300 W4 since 2018. Here are the facts to my car and experience. I purchased the car at the Rallye Dealership in Long Island, New York. I purchased it at 12,000 miles. As of today, April 4th, 2022, I have a total of 36,000 miles. My warranty had expired in April 2019. On March 9th, my dashboard had a check engine light sign come on in so I took it directly to the Foothill Ranch service center in California. Again, I have had this car since 2018, barely drove or had any miles on it, and always received the A and B service maintenance at a certified Mercedes-Benz dealership. After checking out the engine light, Benz told me I had a positive crankcase valve and needed to replace it. The costs? $1,900. Plus, I had a diagnosis where I would need about $10,000 in repairs. I thought this was absurd being that I did not have any miles on this car or that my car would need such a costly repair plus $10,000 worth of other repairs.

I reached out to the customer service team at Mercedes-Benz where I was assisted by a man with the initial S. He came back to me reading off a policy script saying they would only cover 50% of the total repair costs of $1,900... Imagine hearing that Mercedes-Benz wants to cover only 9% of the total costs of repairs my car needs. I reasoned with him letting him know I would cover up to $2,000 of other repairs needed if and only if Benz could cover the replacement crankcase valve. In return, he again reads the same script saying Benz can't do anything else. It was just so disappointing to work with someone who acted as if it was his money that I was asking for. He didn't even empathize or try to advocate for me being that I hadn't even driven this car. Yes, my warranty expired but again, I only had 35,800 miles when I initially brought the car in to check out the engine light.

This experience with "S" really changed my perspective on this company. I am selling my car because I can't believe a brand like Mercedes-Benz couldn't even offer to cover a $1,800 repair out of the $10,000 costs of total repairs I was recommended to fix... Think about that and let it sit with you. This experience has confirmed and affirmed never to buy or support a company where although factually this car has issues and it is a quality issue WITHIN Mercedes-Benz, that you've amounted to a single percentage.

It's incredible that I who have made all my payments and paid for all my maintenance services, was told no and that Mercedes cannot offer anything else. Even as a courtesy, nothing was provided. I hope that in the future whoever speaks to anyone or an "S" who works as Executive Referral Manager will note that they won't help you or will only cover a small percentage. I cannot wait to get this car out of my hands and provide my money elsewhere and not to this company. I am looking forward to the day this car is out of my hands, my sight, and no longer affecting my pockets.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Worst SUV ever! I purchased a GLS450 in 2021. At 900 miles, malfunction of the 48V battery, had to be replaced… Again at 3900 miles, same issue, battery had to be replaced! Stay away from Mercedes! I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia with 365,000 miles and never an issue! I’m going to stick with Toyota! Sorry Mercedes, but you are far from being the “BEST”!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

2016 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 49K miles. Cracked piston. Should not happen with an engine at this low of miles. There are hundreds of posts on the issue over several years of this happening. MB corporate refuses to be proactive and recall. If you are one of the unfortunate ones who has this happen just out of warranty expect a 14 to 24K repair bill. If you are still in warranty have compression checked and research issue.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

We bought a 2021 Mercedes Sprinter RV and my one concern is that the cassis was Mercedes. About 8 months of owning this something is wrong with the turbo, dropped this off at Mercedes Melbourne FL after making an appointment 3 weeks out and this still has not been looked after 5 weeks now. Do your homework on service centers prior to buying, in Central FL there are only 3 service centers for sprinter. Go with a ford or Ram for an rv cassis they have hundreds of services centers!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Be careful buying Mercedes in Luxembourg. They have one of the worse services in the world. I was asking to fix speaker for 2 years, but they continue convincing me that everything is ok. And when warranty is expired they admitted that speaker should be changed. Be more assertive to avoid manipulations in this service. Almost no one is speaking English. Can easily forgot to call you about appointment.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Suspension drive air not as portrayed. The vehicle is claustrophobic for the rear seats. Suspension plays a major roll in terrible roads or off road drives. Tech does not adapt to the harsh environment. Displays and feel are totally different and nerve racking as to the investment.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Mercedes has had a problem with the 48 volt battery since, at least Jan. 2020. The battery shuts off and the car dies even while running. I leased the GLS 450 in April 2021. The car did not start in October 2021 and the 48 volt battery fortunately died while not in use. The message on the dash was “shut vehicle off immediately”. It was at the dealer for almost 3 weeks and of course no loaner was available. When I contacted Mercedes about leasing a defective car to me (which I could have just as well purchased), it took me 3 tries before someone got back to me. Then, they refused to pay the cost of my rental. They said had the GLS been in the shop 4 weeks they would have paid for the rental??? So I paid for the month lease and had the car 1 week plus paid $2000 for the rental. So very unsafe car and poor customer service. Really sad, it’s an $80,000 vehicle from what I believed was a reputable company.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information