2.23/5
Based on 59 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 21, 2018

627 Mercedes-Benz Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

Do not buy a Mercedes!!! I’ve owned them since 1990, in the past I’ve really loved these cars. I got great service from them and was always treated like a king by the dealer and Mercedes Benz Corp. I have been dealing with an issue since Nov 2017 with my S-Class. The dealer can’t seem to fix the issue and MBUSA is protecting the dealer. I will never buy another Mercedes. There are so many premium brands out there. Why would you want to spend money for poor treatment.

Original review: May 12, 2018

My husband and I were very interested in buying a Mercedes Sprinter van but before taking the plunge we decided to rent a 2011 Sprinter. I am very glad we did because I would NOT want to own this vehicle due to MAJOR safety considerations. Also, we had a VERY poor experience with one of the service advisor of this dealership.

This is our story: We were traveling through Southern Oregon and were climbing one of the steep grades of I-5 heading into Grants Pass. Suddenly, we heard a loud “pop” and the Sprinter suddenly lost power. We were in the left lane and had to quickly try to get over. We barely missed getting rear ended by a car and then a big rig. It was terrifying. We managed to get off the Interstate near Hugo, Oregon. We didn’t know it at the time but the Sprinter’s computer deliberately put the van into “limp mode”. This means that the vehicle has a fraction of the power it normally has.

When we found a safe place to park, we pulled over and contacted Mercedes Emergency Roadside Assistance. They told us that it would be 2 hours before a tow arrived to take the incapacitated van and us to the M-B Dealership in Medford. We called the M-B Dealership in Medford and let them know what was happening. While we were waiting for the tow, my husband accessed information on the internet and learned that this was likely to be an issue with the Sprinter's turbocharger connection to the engine. There seems to be a variety of ways that the turbocharger on this van fails. Some of these failures result in expensive maintenance issues BUT some of them make this van dangerous to drive.

My husband told the M-B what he thought the issue might be with this van. Turns out that he was basically correct. We asked the Service Advisor to let us know what was happening with the repair as soon as she knew anything. Not ONCE did this Service Advisor contact us to tell us what was happening in the subsequent 2 days. We were fortunate enough to call and reach another Service Advisor who kindly told us that the problem WAS the connection between the Turbo and the Sprinter’s engine and that it would take about 4 hours to repair.

I later called the Service Manager and tried to figure out if there was a reason why the Service Advisor never bothered to return our calls. Of course, the Service Manager never called me back. Given the reputation M-B has for superior customer service, I was a little perplexed at this situation but later came to the conclusion that if you are frequently dealing with unhappy M-B vehicle owners, you probably learn not to return phone calls. In summary, I was so upset at this life threatening experience and the callous way the Service Advisor treated us that I would never buy a Mercedes vehicle and I will do what I can to warn anyone to stay away from the Sprinter van.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2018

My 2006 Mercedes E-Class diesel has 156,000 miles on it; still gets 32-36 MPG on the highway when driving 68-74 MPH. Oil changes have been at 7,500 miles and it barely burns 1 qt. in 7500 miles. We've had only one problem, and that was with a power window motor just past the 4 year warranty period. The technology is obviously old, but the navigation still works as new. No Bluetooth originally, so we added a portable unit that works OK, but not like the new stuff does. If/when this car ever dies, we'll look for the last year that MD made a diesel and buy one of those.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have had 3 Mercedes previously but the Mercedes C200 CDI Estate is our first diesel. The fuel economy is excellent and as we do a lot of distance traveling we certainly enjoy the comfort and the road handling. Being an Estate find the loading space in the boot great for trips to Bunnings and for trips to the beach with grandchildren and dogs. Have already done 150 kilometres in 4 years and with regular servicing hope to get over 200 kilometres before replacing it.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My Mercedes SL 550 is an awesome bright red convertible with automatic roof! Beautiful with top up or down. Car always causes people to tell you what a beautiful car you have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: May 5, 2018

I love my MERCEDES GLK. I was recently hit head on by a driver that crossed a double yellow line and totaled my car. The car saved my life, and I’ve purchased another just like it! Love the all wheel drive - it handles great on the ice and snow, and overall very smooth ride. Comfy, classy and durable! Highly recommend.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My C300 Mercedes drives smoothly. It is good on gas using 1 gallon for 42 miles. It has seat warmers which are great during below 35 degrees. Tires every 2 years. Maintenance A once a year and oil change every 5,000 miles. The car has been great for the price I paid.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Our first Sprinter 2500 full size was a 2012 from Ray Catena in Union that was back for repairs 4-6 times prior to having 20,000 miles for problems with the DEF fuel additive shutting down the engine and leaving me stranded and towed at one time. Please let's not talk about the service department, unbelievable! Terrible! They offered to change my oil and do a "Mandatory transmission flush" otherwise it would void my warranty totaling out to $500.00 for both and then tried to hand me a bill for almost $900.00 and told me that the oil filter is a lambswool oil filter. When I went to my local oil change business in Eatontown, I requested the lambswool oil filter and they wanted to know why I would want that when a Mobil 1 filter came out from the last oil change at Mercedes Benz in Union, NJ. We made the mistake of buying another one a 2016 2500 Sprinter full size from Contemporary Mercedes Benz.

This one had the alignment knocked out at 15000 miles and chipped up the tires to where there was patches of rubber missing and I was told that they could do a complimentary alignment but I was stuck with the tires that still shake the steering wheel. The air conditioner has not worked since we bought the truck and we have been being told that there is a fix coming any month now, since October of 2017. We are now coming into a second summer with the air not working when it's over 75 degrees out and it is now May of 2018 and were told that they would offer us an extended warranty at no cost. MY QUESTION IS WHAT GOOD WOULD THAT WARRANTY DO IF THE CURRENT WARRANTY CAN'T FIX IT EITHER!!!! By the way we only have 23k on this new truck. I would have been better off buying a used vehicle off of a used car lot on the highway than a brand new vehicle from Mercedes Benz! What a joke.

Original review: April 29, 2018

2014 Mercedes Benz E350 4matic is a great car that needs the required maintenance to run at peak performance. Take care of the maintenance and it will never let you down. Would definitely recommend this car.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Mercedes Benz cost more and the maintenance upkeep is expensive, but well worth it mostly. I've owned five Mercedes Benz and with exception of the very first one, a 1990 c-220. It was a 4 cylinder and couldn't get out of its own way. The c-class has come a long way now.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Sporty, stylish, and great performance... I love the Mercedes C300. Disappointments - interior is stylish but feels plastic-y and cheap. The seats aren’t real leather and they eventually crack.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My car is everything I expected and love everything about it especially its appearance. It’s sexy, sporty, not modified, fits today’s cars' future looks, and rides fantastic. It has all the toys and creature comforts, all the right safety equipment and has a service warranty that exceeds the cookie cutter warranty of most vehicle coverage on other models.

Original review: April 25, 2018

The Mercedes CLS 550 is one of the best rides on the road today. Performance is unsurpassed, along with style and fit & finish. Mercedes the finest production vehicle on the market today. Innovative.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The Mercedes GLC300 is durable, safe and excellent price. The resale value is excellent. Availability of colors and other options are available and the maintenance cost every 10,000 miles is within my budget.

Original review: April 9, 2018

The keys to my 2013 Fortwo Smart (**) car has fallen apart. The plastic key covers to open and lock the car has fallen off, and now I cannot lock my car whatsoever, and the key does not lock with pushing down of the three plastic cover buttons on the keypads to properly operate the vehicle. They are very poorly produced and made for this vehicle. The dealers cost to purchase a new key is $310 per key. There is no other place to get another key made for this type of vehicle. The consumer who purchases such a vehicle should not experience their operating car keys to fall apart from normal usage.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Do not buy Certified Pre-owned Mercedes Benz. They do not have the same warranty as a new car. Although we paid 60K for our GL 350 including extending warranty, and performed all the expensive services at the Mercedes Benz dealership after 2 years the car was diagnosed with heavy sludge on engine and needed an “engine replacement” which was originally denied by Mercedes Benz US indicating that a new engine will not be covered under the warranty because the Vehicle Mastery Inquiry (VMI) did not show any services prior the date we purchased the car. It was shocking for us to realize that the Mercedes Benz dealership in Miami sold us a CPO Mercedes-Benz with no history of service. The engine was finally replaced but only lasted ONE DAY. Apparently the engine came with issues and a SECOND engine was approved and reordered.

All this time they were referring as “NEW PART” or “NEW ENGINE”. I called US Corporate to find out what kind of the engine they were putting in the car because it was hard to believe that a new part has passed all inspections and quality controls but failed after installation. Then, the representative told me that both engines approved to be installed were REFURBISHED or USED engines. Our car was in the dealership for a total of 86 days while waiting for approval to be repaired. I lost confidence on the safety of this car, as it was no longer a reliable source of transportation for my daughter. We ended up trading the GL 350 for a new Chevrolet Tahoe.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I would like to express my best regards to a very knowledgeable sales associate Mark **. I wanted to drop you a note and thank you for a wonderful, relaxing service you provided during my visit to Mercedes-Benz. I want you to know how much I appreciate your amazing attention to detail. Thanks to your company and the excellent service provided by you Mark and Carly.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Mbrace is an embarrassment for Mercedes. Don’t subscribe to this useless service sold by high pressure sales team. Once you subscribe to this service, you already succumbed to few months of charges even if you want to cancel it before the trial period. They will even disconnect your call in the middle of cancellation to defer cancellation for fee more months. The high pressure tactics used by sales team will try to scare you to any extent. Please avoid this bogus service.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Omg. Where do I begin. I had issues maybe 20 minutes after leaving the lot, and issues ever since. Car has been in the shop every month for the mere 2 months I've had it. Asked for refund day 1 when I had an issue, and told they have a replacement plan. Bogus. Lies. Fraud. Deceit. Car in shop 21 days this last time... 21 days. Please tell me why a CPO vehicle still well under original warranty according to miles would need a new transmission-even if you'd had it a year. Two or so months and new transmission don't add up. Even the service tech who worked on it said there's no way this car could have been inspected or passed inspection. Brakes, rotors, transmission, speakers, window motor guide, blower motor, steering wheel, and a bunch of other stuff. Are you kidding me?. Two or so months and all of this? Feel free to reach out to me. The selling dealership has done absolutely nothing... nothing... they act like it's a big cover up or something.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I leased demo car last year. Everything was okay. And one day, one of my door lock didn't work from the in & outside of car. So I called service center to schedule a maintenance. And before the scheduled date, somehow the door lock started to work again so I explained to them, "Now it's working but anyway I need to check up all around car." And they gave me C300 for loaner car. I thought that it's gonna just couple of days so...C300 was okay. Now it passed over 20 days and I'm still waiting my car to be fixed. Repair service center agent called me couple of times and told me that they are still waiting part from Germany which is acceptable. And later they called me back and they don't have any detail information where the part is. No tracking number at all. This is luxury brand, isn't it? How come they don't have any information. Not even ETA.

I'm still paying my bill and driving a C300. Loaner car is not an issue at all. I can call them to change it. I just...don't understand how their service is bad like this.

I don't want to blame the guy who takes care my car. I know there is nothing he can do. But what. When they sell a car, they are so gentle, but they don't even know where the part is. This is very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Someone rear ended me in Dec. They couldn't find a muffler part anywhere in the US nor Germany, and it was special ordered. It's now February, no news on status. Executive customer service says it sometimes happens. Is that the best you can do for luxury cars?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I wanted to post this to hopefully let potential customers know what to ask their dealership when thinking of purchasing a GLC 300. I apologize for the long length, but, think it will give some insight into the possible multiple problems. Keep reading: My wife and I purchased a 2016 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 4Matic in March of 2016 - - our first and only Mercedes. Within 6 months of purchase, the brakes starting to emit an ear piercing squealing when in reverse. We contacted the dealership and were told that there was a design problem with the brake pads and new parts were being worked on.

In the interim, the brakes started squealing in forward as well. We waited from September, 2016 until the beginning of 2017 before new pads were put on. Later in the year we began to hear tire noise inside the vehicle. We had a second maintenance service scheduled and done on December 9, 2017 and informed the dealership of the tire noise.

After their investigation, we were told that we needed to purchase new tires, although, the mileage on the tires was at 18,935 miles. The Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires on the vehicle are rated for 65,000 miles. At the same time, we also experienced a clicking noise near the driver's door. The explanation for this was noise coming from the high pressure fuel pump. Not sure why we didn't hear the same noise when the vehicle was brand new. Also, the brake squealing also started again. We were informed, after having to ask, that Mercedes was working on yet another fix, but, parts were not yet available. We are still waiting for the new brake parts.

This was just a prelude to what was coming. On January 4, 2018 my wife was driving home from work. The vehicle began to shake, sputter, and she could not get the vehicle to accelerate. By the time she reached home, 8 miles, the car was smoking profusely. After contacting the dealership, the car had to be towed. We were contacted the next day, January 5, by the Service Manager. We were told that a call was placed to the engineers in Germany because this had never happened before, even though there are several posts on various internet sites that dispute that statement.

Due to the dealership not having a loaner vehicle available, we had to rent a car from January 5 until January 15 this was reimbursed by Mercedes. On January 15 we did receive a loaner vehicle from the dealership. On January 24 a call from the dealership informed us that the torque converter had gone bad and needed to be replaced. The mileage on the vehicle at this time was approximately 19,500 miles. Finally, on January 30 we received a call indicating our vehicle would be ready on Thursday, February 1. We met with the Service Manager upon arrival at the dealership and reviewed all the issues we experienced with the vehicle up to that point.

We then began driving back home. When we were about 20 miles from home, a check oil level indicator message appeared on the instrument panel. When we arrived home, I checked the oil level and found that it barely registering on the dipstick. We were instructed to have the vehicle towed back to the dealership. They started looking at the vehicle on Monday, February 5. They called and informed us that the oil had not been touched in any way during the torque converter work, but, they needed more time to determine where the oil was going. They will continue to investigate as of tomorrow, February 3.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

The worst vehicle I have ever owned and the worst service. When you buy a vehicle 2016 with less than 1200 miles on it and they tell you the van should get between 30-40 miles per gal and you get 18.4 and the lights keep on going on and off, and the tires had to be replaced with less than 9,000 miles on it, and the doors and windows stick, and you go in to have the check lights corrected and ten miles down the road they are back on, when the fuel gauge is not accurate, and and and...I could write a book about this piece of overpriced garbage. I now suffer from Ford envy as I drive all over the country and I do not feel safe in this vehicle as lights are going on and off all the time including check engine lights. I've had more problems with this vehicle and spent more money in the few months I've had the Metris than I have ever on a vehicle, and I usually get between 250,000 and 325,000 miles on a vehicle.

The salesman left the dealership right after I bought the van and the service dept. instead of fixing the warning light they filled the fluid levels! I've already talked two friends into not buying a Mercedes! The salesman told me they only allowed 100.00 for my van which had 4 brand new tires and battery as they could only scrap it. I would have taken it back and given it to public radio but he said they had already sent it off! Should I go on? When I had the tires replaced because they said they were not safe I took the tires and they look fine to just about everyone who has looked at them. I had to have air put into the tires two days after I purchased it as the light for air pressure was on.

I am a professional and because I am a woman I pay attention to vehicles and everything that affects me and my business. I am now going to see if I can get any money for this piece of junk and buy another van, Hopefully this will be from a decent company and will not have chocolate on the seats when I get it. Never buy a Mercedes or deal with their salesmen or service dept. Anyone want to buy this cargo van? Oh they told me that the Metris is a cargo van but you shouldn't put any weight in it!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Is MB serious with the ongoing Takata Airbag recall? I’ve been waiting patiently for over one year for replacement parts. They say... “The defect in your driver frontal airbag inflator on both driver and passenger frontal airbag inflation may cause the airbag to EXPLODE during airbag deployment and could result in metal fragments striking the front occupants, POSSIBLY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH”. Just received a letter saying parts won’t be in until Sept 2018!!! How is this acceptable. I’m driving a death trap!!! Any suggestion on how I can address this or should I just retain an attorney?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I leased a brand new vehicle GLA250 that has a random ghost acceleration that cannot be fixed. The front differential had to be completely replaced at 4,700 miles on it. Then the tires went bald at 5,000. Then the gym service manager Mark ** says the car's drivetrain can’t handle potholes and these types of problems are common with Mercedes Benz. Their insurance recommendation also refuses to cover this car. It’s been a nightmare as I also ran over the neighbor's child as the car suddenly accelerated. Was told to leave the car running for 2 minutes before driving which obviously made no difference. The only excuse is they cannot replicate so they cannot help.

Their insurance company says it makes no difference whether they can replicate the issue and should pull the unsafe vehicle from use. But instead they sent this email notifying me that they won’t help or resolve or even respond to the safety concerns “no guarantee that assistance will be provided.” "Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is currently reviewing your request concerning the 2016 GLA250W4 bearing vehicle identification number **. We want to set a clear expectation that there is no guarantee that assistance will be provided. Our review process typically takes 4 to 6 weeks; during that time we will be evaluating a review of all repair orders, the number of down days related to those repairs, the overall repair history and your individual state’s statutes."

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We had a 2012 GL450 which we loved. It drove like a dream and convinced us Mercedes would be our choice from that time on. The navi system and controls were the only negative issues. So with that in mind, we upgraded to a 2015 the next year. Totally different car. The headrests are a nightmare. They are big and chunky, and the second row rests bob continually. You have to use pressure to lean back, and it drives passengers insane. You cant leave the rests down with passengers because it is a hard rock in your back if you do. I could go on and on about these. They can't be removed and when we asked the dealer if we had a lemon, he said he checked, and some do it and some don't. So no satisfaction in that.

Another change is the seat controls are up higher on the door and not down on the lower part of the seat. This is inconvenient to me. Hard to explain but you tend to look at it when adjusting rather than feeling and keeping your focus on driving. Also, there is restricted movement with the wheel. In the 2012, when you adjusted your seat you could then adjust the wheel to any position, ie up/down/in/out. Not so with this one. Depending on the position it will not give full range. So I can't customize it to fit my comfort. The 2015 does handle well and the navi system is better, but still is not equal to some of the other car companies. But the insane headrests are the deal breaker. We are ready to trade/sell and find another company other than Mercedes.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Mercedes GLE 350 SUV - I experienced sudden acceleration that caused me to shoot out from an auto wash about 75 yards. A small tree stopped me otherwise I would have landed on a busy road. Airbags came out. All engine front totally damaged. I received minor injuries.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have been a proud owner of Mercedes products for more than 35 years. I have always had at least one Mercedes at a time and sometimes two or more. I even had two S class at the same time at three different times. The last few years I began to realize that the product does NOT have the same quality as to has had before. In addition the company does not stand behind their product even when covered by a factory warranty. On three different repairs, the dealer tried to charge me for repairs that were actually covered by the factory. Each time they wanted to charge me multiple thousands for something that should have been covered. Each time I called Mercedes and was advised that even though the items should be covered they did not know why I was being charged by the dealer. They never once offered to correct the problem for me.

After 15 to 20 Mercedes Benz products over the last 35 years I have realized that this is not the way to treat customers. I have NEVER had this kind of problem with any other automaker, especially a German automaker. When I asked the dealer why these cars have so many more problems than before I was told that "they make the cars too complicated". Not the answer you want to hear. I have reached the age of 70 years young, and no longer need to just impress people. I just want a product that is dependable and worth the money I am being charged.

This is NOT a Mercedes. Even American automobiles today are better built than the Mercedes Benz cars that I paid thousands more for. I have finally realized that there is nothing like the quality of a car made in Japan. I am not proud to buy a product made in another country, but know a quality built product. I am not sure that anyone will ever read this or do I really care. I am just tired of being taken advantaged of.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I've never had a worse telemarketing experience in my *life*. I received a letter from Mercedes mbrace saying my complimentary trial period for mbrace secure service would convert to a billed service (as I'd expected) and I could call them to cancel that, so I did. After some of the usual Q&A, I told the guy to cancel it. He told me how great it is. I told him to cancel it. He told me how great it is again. After this went on a few more times I started saying "just cancel it" while he was still selling. He said I needed to hear why it was so great (not his words). This went on a few more times and I switched to say "I want to speak to your manager". We went around with this a few more times while he continued to sell and I continued request his manager. Finally I told him one more time to cancel it and hung up.

Then I called the number again, talked to a different agent, told him I wanted to talk to his supervisor regarding the other, rude agent. After a while a supervisor came on the line, sounded nice, but then told me I can't cancel the account until within 30 days before the trial period lapsed. The letter I received said nothing about this, and after a bit the guy said he could do it today (apparently a favor) -- but only after he tried to sell me some more! Of course he didn't phrase the sales pitch that way, he called it a reading a "disclaimer". I tried a few more times to instruct him to cancel the service without effect, so hung up again. I don’t think I’m under any obligation to hear a sales pitch after I’ve given clear instructions – many times! This is not what we expected when we bought a Mercedes.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My 2017 GLC tailgate opens by itself while in my garage overnight. Today was the third time. The keys were in my pocket I never touched the fob. This time it did significant damage to the garage door and the tailgate. Have you heard anyone else having this issue? Second issue when driving less than 20mph the back camera clicks (activates but does not turn on). This is a new occurrence which I believe is related to the tailgate opening automatically.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information