Mercedes-Benz
1.10/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Mercedes-Benz

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 10, 2018

609 Mercedes-Benz Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Omg. Where do I begin. I had issues maybe 20 minutes after leaving the lot, and issues ever since. Car has been in the shop every month for the mere 2 months I've had it. Asked for refund day 1 when I had an issue, and told they have a replacement plan. Bogus. Lies. Fraud. Deceit. Car in shop 21 days this last time... 21 days. Please tell me why a CPO vehicle still well under original warranty according to miles would need a new transmission-even if you'd had it a year. Two or so months and new transmission don't add up. Even the service tech who worked on it said there's no way this car could have been inspected or passed inspection. Brakes, rotors, transmission, speakers, window motor guide, blower motor, steering wheel, and a bunch of other stuff. Are you kidding me?. Two or so months and all of this? Feel free to reach out to me. The selling dealership has done absolutely nothing... nothing... they act like it's a big cover up or something.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I leased demo car last year. Everything was okay. And one day, one of my door lock didn't work from the in & outside of car. So I called service center to schedule a maintenance. And before the scheduled date, somehow the door lock started to work again so I explained to them, "Now it's working but anyway I need to check up all around car." And they gave me C300 for loaner car. I thought that it's gonna just couple of days so...C300 was okay. Now it passed over 20 days and I'm still waiting my car to be fixed. Repair service center agent called me couple of times and told me that they are still waiting part from Germany which is acceptable. And later they called me back and they don't have any detail information where the part is. No tracking number at all. This is luxury brand, isn't it? How come they don't have any information. Not even ETA.

I'm still paying my bill and driving a C300. Loaner car is not an issue at all. I can call them to change it. I just...don't understand how their service is bad like this.

I don't want to blame the guy who takes care my car. I know there is nothing he can do. But what. When they sell a car, they are so gentle, but they don't even know where the part is. This is very disappointed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Someone rear ended me in Dec. They couldn't find a muffler part anywhere in the US nor Germany, and it was special ordered. It's now February, no news on status. Executive customer service says it sometimes happens. Is that the best you can do for luxury cars?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I wanted to post this to hopefully let potential customers know what to ask their dealership when thinking of purchasing a GLC 300. I apologize for the long length, but, think it will give some insight into the possible multiple problems. Keep reading: My wife and I purchased a 2016 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 4Matic in March of 2016 - - our first and only Mercedes. Within 6 months of purchase, the brakes starting to emit an ear piercing squealing when in reverse. We contacted the dealership and were told that there was a design problem with the brake pads and new parts were being worked on.

In the interim, the brakes started squealing in forward as well. We waited from September, 2016 until the beginning of 2017 before new pads were put on. Later in the year we began to hear tire noise inside the vehicle. We had a second maintenance service scheduled and done on December 9, 2017 and informed the dealership of the tire noise.

After their investigation, we were told that we needed to purchase new tires, although, the mileage on the tires was at 18,935 miles. The Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires on the vehicle are rated for 65,000 miles. At the same time, we also experienced a clicking noise near the driver's door. The explanation for this was noise coming from the high pressure fuel pump. Not sure why we didn't hear the same noise when the vehicle was brand new. Also, the brake squealing also started again. We were informed, after having to ask, that Mercedes was working on yet another fix, but, parts were not yet available. We are still waiting for the new brake parts.

This was just a prelude to what was coming. On January 4, 2018 my wife was driving home from work. The vehicle began to shake, sputter, and she could not get the vehicle to accelerate. By the time she reached home, 8 miles, the car was smoking profusely. After contacting the dealership, the car had to be towed. We were contacted the next day, January 5, by the Service Manager. We were told that a call was placed to the engineers in Germany because this had never happened before, even though there are several posts on various internet sites that dispute that statement.

Due to the dealership not having a loaner vehicle available, we had to rent a car from January 5 until January 15 this was reimbursed by Mercedes. On January 15 we did receive a loaner vehicle from the dealership. On January 24 a call from the dealership informed us that the torque converter had gone bad and needed to be replaced. The mileage on the vehicle at this time was approximately 19,500 miles. Finally, on January 30 we received a call indicating our vehicle would be ready on Thursday, February 1. We met with the Service Manager upon arrival at the dealership and reviewed all the issues we experienced with the vehicle up to that point.

We then began driving back home. When we were about 20 miles from home, a check oil level indicator message appeared on the instrument panel. When we arrived home, I checked the oil level and found that it barely registering on the dipstick. We were instructed to have the vehicle towed back to the dealership. They started looking at the vehicle on Monday, February 5. They called and informed us that the oil had not been touched in any way during the torque converter work, but, they needed more time to determine where the oil was going. They will continue to investigate as of tomorrow, February 3.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

The worst vehicle I have ever owned and the worst service. When you buy a vehicle 2016 with less than 1200 miles on it and they tell you the van should get between 30-40 miles per gal and you get 18.4 and the lights keep on going on and off, and the tires had to be replaced with less than 9,000 miles on it, and the doors and windows stick, and you go in to have the check lights corrected and ten miles down the road they are back on, when the fuel gauge is not accurate, and and and...I could write a book about this piece of overpriced garbage. I now suffer from Ford envy as I drive all over the country and I do not feel safe in this vehicle as lights are going on and off all the time including check engine lights. I've had more problems with this vehicle and spent more money in the few months I've had the Metris than I have ever on a vehicle, and I usually get between 250,000 and 325,000 miles on a vehicle.

The salesman left the dealership right after I bought the van and the service dept. instead of fixing the warning light they filled the fluid levels! I've already talked two friends into not buying a Mercedes! The salesman told me they only allowed 100.00 for my van which had 4 brand new tires and battery as they could only scrap it. I would have taken it back and given it to public radio but he said they had already sent it off! Should I go on? When I had the tires replaced because they said they were not safe I took the tires and they look fine to just about everyone who has looked at them. I had to have air put into the tires two days after I purchased it as the light for air pressure was on.

I am a professional and because I am a woman I pay attention to vehicles and everything that affects me and my business. I am now going to see if I can get any money for this piece of junk and buy another van, Hopefully this will be from a decent company and will not have chocolate on the seats when I get it. Never buy a Mercedes or deal with their salesmen or service dept. Anyone want to buy this cargo van? Oh they told me that the Metris is a cargo van but you shouldn't put any weight in it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Is MB serious with the ongoing Takata Airbag recall? I’ve been waiting patiently for over one year for replacement parts. They say... “The defect in your driver frontal airbag inflator on both driver and passenger frontal airbag inflation may cause the airbag to EXPLODE during airbag deployment and could result in metal fragments striking the front occupants, POSSIBLY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH”. Just received a letter saying parts won’t be in until Sept 2018!!! How is this acceptable. I’m driving a death trap!!! Any suggestion on how I can address this or should I just retain an attorney?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I leased a brand new vehicle GLA250 that has a random ghost acceleration that cannot be fixed. The front differential had to be completely replaced at 4,700 miles on it. Then the tires went bald at 5,000. Then the gym service manager Mark ** says the car's drivetrain can’t handle potholes and these types of problems are common with Mercedes Benz. Their insurance recommendation also refuses to cover this car. It’s been a nightmare as I also ran over the neighbor's child as the car suddenly accelerated. Was told to leave the car running for 2 minutes before driving which obviously made no difference. The only excuse is they cannot replicate so they cannot help.

Their insurance company says it makes no difference whether they can replicate the issue and should pull the unsafe vehicle from use. But instead they sent this email notifying me that they won’t help or resolve or even respond to the safety concerns “no guarantee that assistance will be provided.” "Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is currently reviewing your request concerning the 2016 GLA250W4 bearing vehicle identification number **. We want to set a clear expectation that there is no guarantee that assistance will be provided. Our review process typically takes 4 to 6 weeks; during that time we will be evaluating a review of all repair orders, the number of down days related to those repairs, the overall repair history and your individual state’s statutes."

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We had a 2012 GL450 which we loved. It drove like a dream and convinced us Mercedes would be our choice from that time on. The navi system and controls were the only negative issues. So with that in mind, we upgraded to a 2015 the next year. Totally different car. The headrests are a nightmare. They are big and chunky, and the second row rests bob continually. You have to use pressure to lean back, and it drives passengers insane. You cant leave the rests down with passengers because it is a hard rock in your back if you do. I could go on and on about these. They can't be removed and when we asked the dealer if we had a lemon, he said he checked, and some do it and some don't. So no satisfaction in that.

Another change is the seat controls are up higher on the door and not down on the lower part of the seat. This is inconvenient to me. Hard to explain but you tend to look at it when adjusting rather than feeling and keeping your focus on driving. Also, there is restricted movement with the wheel. In the 2012, when you adjusted your seat you could then adjust the wheel to any position, ie up/down/in/out. Not so with this one. Depending on the position it will not give full range. So I can't customize it to fit my comfort. The 2015 does handle well and the navi system is better, but still is not equal to some of the other car companies. But the insane headrests are the deal breaker. We are ready to trade/sell and find another company other than Mercedes.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Mercedes GLE 350 SUV - I experienced sudden acceleration that caused me to shoot out from an auto wash about 75 yards. A small tree stopped me otherwise I would have landed on a busy road. Airbags came out. All engine front totally damaged. I received minor injuries.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have been a proud owner of Mercedes products for more than 35 years. I have always had at least one Mercedes at a time and sometimes two or more. I even had two S class at the same time at three different times. The last few years I began to realize that the product does NOT have the same quality as to has had before. In addition the company does not stand behind their product even when covered by a factory warranty. On three different repairs, the dealer tried to charge me for repairs that were actually covered by the factory. Each time they wanted to charge me multiple thousands for something that should have been covered. Each time I called Mercedes and was advised that even though the items should be covered they did not know why I was being charged by the dealer. They never once offered to correct the problem for me.

After 15 to 20 Mercedes Benz products over the last 35 years I have realized that this is not the way to treat customers. I have NEVER had this kind of problem with any other automaker, especially a German automaker. When I asked the dealer why these cars have so many more problems than before I was told that "they make the cars too complicated". Not the answer you want to hear. I have reached the age of 70 years young, and no longer need to just impress people. I just want a product that is dependable and worth the money I am being charged.

This is NOT a Mercedes. Even American automobiles today are better built than the Mercedes Benz cars that I paid thousands more for. I have finally realized that there is nothing like the quality of a car made in Japan. I am not proud to buy a product made in another country, but know a quality built product. I am not sure that anyone will ever read this or do I really care. I am just tired of being taken advantaged of.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I've never had a worse telemarketing experience in my *life*. I received a letter from Mercedes mbrace saying my complimentary trial period for mbrace secure service would convert to a billed service (as I'd expected) and I could call them to cancel that, so I did. After some of the usual Q&A, I told the guy to cancel it. He told me how great it is. I told him to cancel it. He told me how great it is again. After this went on a few more times I started saying "just cancel it" while he was still selling. He said I needed to hear why it was so great (not his words). This went on a few more times and I switched to say "I want to speak to your manager". We went around with this a few more times while he continued to sell and I continued request his manager. Finally I told him one more time to cancel it and hung up.

Then I called the number again, talked to a different agent, told him I wanted to talk to his supervisor regarding the other, rude agent. After a while a supervisor came on the line, sounded nice, but then told me I can't cancel the account until within 30 days before the trial period lapsed. The letter I received said nothing about this, and after a bit the guy said he could do it today (apparently a favor) -- but only after he tried to sell me some more! Of course he didn't phrase the sales pitch that way, he called it a reading a "disclaimer". I tried a few more times to instruct him to cancel the service without effect, so hung up again. I don’t think I’m under any obligation to hear a sales pitch after I’ve given clear instructions – many times! This is not what we expected when we bought a Mercedes.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My 2017 GLC tailgate opens by itself while in my garage overnight. Today was the third time. The keys were in my pocket I never touched the fob. This time it did significant damage to the garage door and the tailgate. Have you heard anyone else having this issue? Second issue when driving less than 20mph the back camera clicks (activates but does not turn on). This is a new occurrence which I believe is related to the tailgate opening automatically.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

2016 c300 So I went in for my scheduled service. Guy tells me I need 4 tires which I already knew. I said to him never in my life did I need tires after 22 months. He comes back with a price of 1700$ for 4 tires. I’m walking around dealership talking to random people and technicians who also said they have a problem with tires. One guy had to change them twice in two years. A few technicians also told me there’s a problem with the tires but wouldn’t say it out loud. How many other Benz owners have had this issue with their tires.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I bought a new GLC300 and it has had squeaking brakes almost the entire time I've owned it. Mercedes told me they were aware of the problem but didn't have the parts to fix it last year. They finally did after 6 MONTHS, now the problem is back! I left a message for the service manager yesterday (he had a lunch to get to). Then I called customer service. I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE SERVICE MANAGER. You think you are buying a high end car but in reality the service brings down the brand. So disappointed. I owned a BMW prior to this car and I should have stayed with them, their service is top notch.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

My Mercedes Benz C300 have been taken to several different location due to several different issues. I have complaint several different time. But, Mercedes Benz have yet to fix the issues with my car and others. The passenger seat does not move back and forth. The leather on my car seat is wearing out and changing color. My power steering suddenly stop working while I am driving. My turning mirrors light just stop working and the issues goes on and on.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

2009 SL550 37K miles. Close to $10K replacing pumps and parts for hydraulic suspension system within last 25 months. Known to have high rate of failure with MB. 2 weeks ago: Total brake failure at intersection. No warning, car hanging out on 40mph road. Alarms, car engine running but with no control. Could not depress brakes per message on dash hard enough to engage gears. Jumped on them and after several near miss t-bones was able to reverse but not stop reverse due to brake failure. Mercedes Benz SBC design flaw and I was lucky. Someone may not be so lucky someday. Will never drive that car or any other MB again.

This is another dangerous and documented flaw. MB did not nothing but replace that part. I think I was supposed to be happy. Asked them for fair market value buy back for my car. I was given all the reasons I had no recourse from. They don't take where the car ended up with the brake failure into consideration to expired lemon law period. Better customer service for our Tahoe. More than disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Our 2015 S63 Coupe has leather that is peeling back and shrinking on the dash. Granted this is partially my fault because we leave our black car in the South Florida sun for long periods of time, but a car that cost us $194k plus taxes should hold up a little better in the heat. Even though the car is still under warranty, Mercedes Benz USA will not cover the dash. Needless to say we will not be purchasing another Mercedes in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I live in NH, purchased 2017 GLC 300 in the Spring and was told I would need winter tires (which I always need on my SUVs). Salesperson did not tell me I wouldn't be able to get snow tires for this car. The tires are run flats and the size is a rare run fast snow tire size. MB USA told me I could purchase "regular" snow tires, but then I would have to purchase a new wheel and tire for a spare at the cost of over $700 just for the spare!

Even if I wanted to buy a spare, the car is designed for run flat tires only and there is no place to store the tire and no jack, etc. I told MB that I refuse to buy 5 regular snow tires, and lug the smelly spare around in the back of my car. Additionally, it would take up all the space that I use for luggage, groceries, etc. I am insisting on returning the car. I spent a lot of time considering a new SUV, and would have immediately taken the GLC 300 off the list if I had been informed of this situation. So, here I am in NH, living on a steep dirt road without snow tires.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Spent over $50,000.00 on this SUV (2017 Mercedes GLC300), for the last year I have been trying to get Customer Service to help me with the Send2Benz feature in the Mercedes Me app. After spending countless hours on the phone with them, a representative told me the particular unit installed in my vehicle isn't compatible with Send2Benz, apparently they used 2 different brands of Navigation in the GLC's and the one in my SUV isn't compatible. I have complain to the Concierge and she didn't seem to care, told me there was nothing she could do and I just have to manually type in the address. I also emailed and called the General Manager Edoardo ** and he will not return my messages. I think they need to replace my unit with one that works correctly.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Are you considering buying a MBZ? $60,000 SLK-350. 60,000 miles. $8,000 Balance Shaft Repair. The check engine light stays on, so without the repair I cannot register the vehicle. Money down the drain!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 2017 - My passenger seat doesn't move forward properly. When I went to the dealership they said the screw is in the motor is not good and it doesn't cover under the warranty. I paid extra for the extended warranty. The dealership told me it's the external problem so they won't cover for the warranty. I think they don't want to cover the warranty so I pay from my pocket. The motor cost with labor is 2100.00. I will recommend not to buy Mercedes-Benz and if you buy please check the warranty issue as the company won't pay for it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I bought my Mercedes GL450 from Mercedes of Walnut Creek & ever since last year they replaced my battery & cables over $1800. My battery keeps dying every morning & I think is why killed my radio command unit. After 3rd battery replacement, I had it towed. The SUV is sitting with Mercedes of Walnut Creek for last 5 days & no one is returning calls, maybe because they don't know what's wrong with their SUV? & are avoiding me. In the meantime, I have to rent a car to get to work.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Had an E class and was concerned to drive it because no matter the size of the hole in the street we got a flat. Road side assistance was below par... Mercedes told us we should try the C class with bigger tires. The car is 7 months old and had two flats already. The last one was up state NY and when we call Roadside not only did it take a few hours to respond since the car did not have a doughnut they towed us to Albany, which was an hour away. The dealership was closed so we had to wait for the next day and we had to sleep in a hotel. There went my vacation. The dealership was great... MB Roadside operators suck...

Resolution response: Sept. 5, 2017

The tire had a nail in it. A normal tire could have been repaired, however this tire had to be replaced at over $200 for a 17" tire with only 6000 miles on it. Imagine if I got stuck out in the desert going to California with no cell service and no cell service to call roadside service. At least if the cars come with run flat tires, all should come with a spare and a jack. Nothing at all is unacceptable and dangerous.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I have a Mercedes Benz 2016 c300 sedan with 6000 miles on it. When I bought it after taking it home, I didn't look, it had no spare and run flat tires. A horror story. Some models come with an optional Jack, mine did not. I never had a flat since 1982, now I park the car, the gauge says no air. I put 45 pounds with my electric pump so I got home 5 miles away finishing at 32 lbs. I do not want to go to the dealer, they mark prices up 75%. Hopefully the tire dealer around the corner does warranty work for Continental and hope it is not a damage from the road.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

A year ago I purchased my first Mercedes, a 2010 Mercedes Benz, GLK350. My first foreign car. The car has been driven less than 3500 miles by me. I get into the car over a week ago and the light comes on in the dash (Frontal SRS/airbag). The car will not start. The AAA service came and tried to jump me, with no success in getting the car started. He tested the battery and replied and showed me that my battery was great. Your mechanic looked at the car, after I had it towed to your dealership) and Chris informed me that the battery was no good. (The mechanic stated he could not see what was wrong until I purchased the battery.) And wanted to charge me $500.00. We all know, with common sense, that comment was incorrect.

I’ve always known, if I bought a foreign car, I had to know my rights and become very knowledgeable of the Model/Make. So I maintain counsel. I remembered the recall of the airbag and airbag sensor. I noticed the rear taillight not working (A possible symptom due to faulty pyro-fuse.) If the car has a pyro-fuse and this fuse is not properly working, there is no way to start the car. It is not difficult to change the pyro-fuse but the SRS system might need "a reset". Also if the issue was at the pre-fuse box. The frontal module has harmed other electrical parts on my car and need replacement. Chris informed me that the problem was possibly the pre-fuse box and it needed to be replaced and my total cost is $1300-1400.

He also stated that they were not sure that the pre-fuse was my problem. There could be other issues, but I must pay for the box first before they could find out definitely. I informed him of the recall and he stated the recalls had nothing to do with the pre-fuse box. I requested that he at least repair the recall items. The parts of the recall, he states, are pending. So I find people have died because of this recall, per legal counsel, including the defected rear tail light. THIS IS A SAFETY CONCERN.

I AM REQUESTING THE FOLLOWING: For this service expense to be applied to either recall or manufacturer including the battery cost and replacement. Whatever sensor is faulty, the battery was drained. Return my old battery and the pre-fuse box. Make arrangements for a loaner until recall parts are in and replaced Hire employees who are professionally experienced, compassionate, knowledgeable, honest and not greedy to take extra money home to care for his family (per the attendant). If one possesses the traits requested, his sales will increase tremendously.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I just found out about an issue that I am having with my car. It is a 2007 ML 350. I had the check engine light researched today. The light has been on for about 4 years. It came back that I had a balance shaft issue. MB settled out of court with this issue. I have owned this car for 8 years. They had my address on file for all eight years and never sent me an message that I had a issue with my car. What a class company. I am trying to speak to a manager right now and have been on hold for over 35 mins. Clearly they believe in good customer support. Going forward based on the way I have been treated. Don't plan on buying any MB in the future and will be selling all of the MB that I own today which is 3. You learn about a company in tough time and MB failed the test.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I'm not at all impressed with the kit you have replaced instead of a spare wheel... I am driving your make of cars for 20 years and never found fault, but unfortunately I have had 2 punctures in 3 weeks and each time the kit didn't work. My car is 7 months old with low mileage. This happened in a car park firstly and I had to call recovery the second time I was on the motorway and was stranded for 3 hours. The first tire cost €140 and because it wasn't the correct thread my pressures were out so I went to my nearest Mercedes garage and a new tire was €129.00 then the system balanced. Then on the motorway another tire at a cost of €150.00. All because this new kit didn't work for me.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

The Good- I brought my first GLE-350 Mercedes in September of 2016. I love the look and thought the Customer Service would match the luxury feel of the car and it did, until it didn’t. I attempted to give a jump start to another driver at the Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak and my beautiful SUV started displaying “Inoperable”. I called Roadside Assistance and Michael from the Bloomfield Hills location came to my rescue, literally. Michael, was great. He diagnosed the issue with my SUV. He stayed with me and explained the issue to the towing companies. His expertise and professionalism was phenomenal.

Michael use his expertise to force my car into neutral even though another Mercedes representative stated that it couldn’t be done. My SUV was dropped-off Sunday evening at the Novi location near my home. Michael called me Monday morning to inform me that he explained what was going on with my SUV to the service tech at the Novi location. I called the Bloomfield Hills location to inform the Manager, Steve on how great Michael has been to me. I told Steve that because of Michael’s great customer service skills I wouldn’t mind staying with the Mercedes brand.

The Bad & the Ugly-I arrived at the Novi location at 9:00AM to see what was going on with my GLE-350. I was greeted by Serica, so I asked about the status of my SUV. Serica told me she just started at 9:00AM as she checked her computer. Serica stated that it was assigned to a technician and without an appointment I was lucky to get in. Also, that she would call me with any updates. I thought to myself since I’m already here why wouldn’t she ask the technician the status. Two minute after I left, Serica called and told me the parts had to be ordered and that it would take 4 days. I asked Serica for a loaner car.

Four days was a long time and I need a car for work. Serica, stated that no cars were available and that I would have had to book a car two weeks in advance. If I would have known two weeks ago that I was going to blow a fuse in my SUV then I would have planned. I called again on Tuesday, and asked for a Manager. I spoke with Johnathan to see if I could get a loaner car for work. I was highly disappointed in the customer service at the Novi location. Johnathan haven’t returned my call from 9:30AM Tuesday morning.

On the other, Serica called to tell me that they are hoping to receive the part sooner than 4 days. In the meantime, I have a credit on my account because I paid my SUV bill for the remaining year with no car to drive. I truly expected Mercedes customer service to be best-in-class. I have driven an Acura for years and Acura’s customer service is top-of the-line. I really thought with a slogan like “Drive the best or nothing”’ the customer service would surpass the rest and be the best, boy was I wrong.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I was excited to buy my smart convertible, which after five years, is sitting in the garage, with the roof not closing. I live in the sub-tropics, rain comes in a split second. Mercedes will not even look at the roof, take the time to try and figure it out, just sent me to a top shop who also had no idea, except to sell an entire new roof, cost over $1500. Service tech said, “Get the roof closed and get rid of it ASAP.” $17000, five years old, trade in value 1500. SHAME ON MERCEDES FOR MAKING A DISPOSABLE CAR!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have owned BMW, AUDI, FORD, MAZDA & HONDA. In 2013 I purchased a pre owned certified series 2011 ML350 from Mercedes St. Catharines, ON. Before the warranty was up all sensors died and the car went into limp mode. The dealer fixed this issue. Post warranty this is what has gone on the vehicle now. Timing Chain, Transmission, Oil Seal, Sensors Again, Seals for oil intake & filter housings and Transfer case for Transmission. I contact MB and they said sorry they could not help. I recommend that you never buy an MB product.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information

Mercedes Benz
www.mbusa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use