2. Automotive

Mercedes-Benz

3.9/5 (767 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is an in-house financing provider for vehicles from Mercedes-Benz and other brands under its parent company, Daimler AG. It provides an online payment calculator, and you can apply online or at a local dealership to get preapproved. After your purchase, you can manage your account and make secure payments online.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes-Benz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Purchased a GLC 2018 300. The vehicle had issues and the dealer would not fix them. After taking it in a few times, we asked for a different vehicle and they said they would because they wanted customers to be satisfied with their purchase, joke. Then they said they would fix two issues, squealing brakes and squeaky dash. They fix the squealing brakes but would not fix the noise in the dash. Customer service would not help and the manager of the dealer would not Return my call. They lie about customer service in my opinion, no way will there be a Mercedes-Benz in my family ever.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I'm one of the unfortunate people that purchased not one but two vehicles that fell into the terrible HVAC issue (2015-2018). I had a 2015 GLK and now have a 2018 GLE. Both have the known issue of the horrible vinegar, mildew smell that comes out of the AC every single time you turn it on. There was a class action lawsuit that required them to fix this issue, but they find loopholes and of course their technicians cannot explain why my car isn't covered, even though my VIN clearly shows that it should be covered. After Dec 2020 you were supposed to be able to go into a dealership and have the problem fixed.

I took my car to the dealership in Pleasanton, CA, the service coordinator confirmed the smell immediately. After looking at the car she called to say the tech also identified immediately but then went on to say it wasn't covered... but couldn't explain why. After she had told me that they had in fact fixed several vehicles with the same issue a few months prior... my EXACT model and year.

I contact Mercedes Benz USA. After reviewing my complaint they offered a goodwill credit of $300... towards a $613 repair. They said they considered customer loyal, the age of the car, service, etc. So I'm not sure why I didn't fall under that umbrella... I've had 2 MBs, I sent over all service records, my car only has 50k miles... and I worked for Mercedes in my 20s in the SERVICE department filing claims. I am the definition of customer loyalty. This is just a slap in the face. It took me over 20 years to finally buy my first Mercedes (I had wanted one since working at the dealership) and it's an accomplishment, I should be proud of my vehicle. But I'm embarrassed to have people ride in it. This is supposed to be a luxury vehicle and it smells rancid.

I am so disappointed that they would rather lose a customer and their reputation over a few hundred dollars. They clearly do not stand by their product or their customer service relationships. I would completely understand if this was just MY car but it affected over 2 million cars and covered 3 years... I ended up with 2 of them and I can't even get one of them fixed. Needless to say I'm done, it's just the principle of bad business, I don't believe in it. I support those that support me. I feel cheated.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

S550 MB. 108k miles. Miss on cy 2. 5000.00 in repairs in 2 months. No resolve. MB of fort wayne cannot figure it out. This car costs over 90k in 2007. It has 120k miles. It has cost close to a dollar A MILE TO DRIVE! That is what you call Mercedes-Benz standards???

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Updated on 10/16/2021: I returned a call from Fletcher Jones from California. They were concerned about the review I wrote on this site. The details, facts and SAFETY CONCERN were once again ignored. This conversation when I spoke I was cut off, when I raised my voice I was threatened the call would end. I was to shut up and listen. Then the 2 yrs, not 1 yr I apologized to her and attempted, case in point, rear brakes never went out. Cut off! I attempted to explain how 2 yrs ago I was to accept what had happened by Fletcher Jones, the only reason I brought back up why was the rear brakes never gave out. But I was cut off. My advice: Do not question Fletcher Jones or Mercedes Benz. If you are not willing to accept their shut up and take it. My intelligence belittled, I was blamed, I have been blacklisted. Trust me, it's not worth it.

Original Review: I took my car to be serviced to Fletcher Jones Mercedes Las Vegas. It’s a 1000 miles round trip. The service advisor called me and told me my front brakes and rotors were so bad. If I did not authorize the work to be done the only way my car would leave there would be on a trailer. And rear brakes were all most gone. I was taken by surprise, shocked! A short time before making the trip FIRESTONE had inspected my car (I buy my tires from them) and they said down the road front brakes and and rotors would need changed out. But no service light on dash no squeaking or pulsating while braking, But being taken by surprise I authorized the work to be done.

When I arrived back from Las Vegas I took my car to FIRESTONE. I informed them of my experience at the Mercedes service. They asked when did the brake light come on the dash. I said it never did. They asked about any squeaking, pulsating. I replied that did not occur. They inspected the rear brakes and said the rear brakes are fine. I contacted Fletcher Jones and they refused to do anything. I was upset to be cheated but I let it go.

Well over a year later now! My rear brakes are still fine. So I wanted justice for being lied to and cheated out of $1400 (apx). I contacted Fletcher Jones and they offered nothing except they wanted my business back. Whatever right? So I had a garage where I live who supposedly services Mercedes to just change the oil. Well that was a joke. It took over an hour for them to find Mercedes do not take normal oil. Anyways got the oil changed. I called Fletcher Jones and said ok you can check to see if they changed the oil correctly. She agreed. But would not offer to do it for free. I later declined. I just can’t go back where I was cheated and lied to.

So I reached out to Mercedes I explained in detail what happened. Debbie from Mercedes responded that Mercedes technicians know what they are doing. And basically that’s that. She obviously did not read the message but I responded about his I was obviously cheated by fact and detail representing my case. Not a response. Being ignored I wrote a few more messages only to be yet ignored. I go to write a review on the official Mercedes Benz site and they rejected my review so on the same official Mercedes Benz site I went to like a live chat and the Mercedes Benz on the official site. Told me that I was not on the official site I sent her screenshots and reminded her that we are messaging on the official Mercedes Benz site. She refused to say anything except call customer service. So attempting that and reaching out to Debbie w/ Mercedes Benz I am not able to talk to anyone or receive any messages.

I called fletcher Jones and the voice mail box of the manager is full. I called the service dept and after a a long duration of the phone ringing finally I received the voicemail of the service advisor who cheated me out of my time and money. I hung up like she’s really going to help. In short I have been blacklisted from Mercedes Benz as well as Fletcher Jones Mercedes Benz for not accepting their policy and cheating me.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

While it is well known as STAR brand and top luxury, comparing MB product support (goodwill) is way bad compared to BMW and Audi. Audi provides up to 12 years power train goodwill. MB with an engine less than 100K with well maintained vehicle failed to offer reasonable consideration for their engine. Their Customer support offered me 1K sales incentive on new vehicle (I have a 86K value vehicle, 1K is 1.17% of the vehicle). I would say if Daimler knows about MBUSA and keep silent this is a big mistake.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I decided to pay the car off, 2 months later. I call the dealer and I ask if I can pay at the dealer finance office. I was told yes. I drove 17 miles one way and when I got I was told "Sorry we don't get the payoff checks. You should mail the check." Mailed the check with signature. They signed on 8/30 but by September 3, I called and ask why they did not deposit the check. "We will, when we get the check." 10 times I told the guy, "You signed for the 4 days ago." Finally I ask to talk with his supervisor and I got put on hold. They ended up posting the check 9/3, the title and the overpayment was supposed to be relist on 5-7 days. I called 9/13, and got the same 5-7 days. I called today same answer 5-7 days. The representative today was more helpful than previous 2. Will see if this time works.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

First off, I've always been an advocate for Mercedes Benz having owned 2015 c class, but I have to say I'm utterly disappointed with the recent service by Benz hence the 2 star which should be a 1. I'm currently driving a 2019 A220 sedan which if it drives normally, is an absolute breeze. Unfortunately, I've not had that pleasure of driving without a problem. From inherent breakdowns, to various warning lights turning on. There was a recent recall for this vehicle, mind you, but after the recall I’ve had countless visits to the MB repair shop, I'm still having the same issues. My mileage is just 16,000. I am truly sad right now and feel let down by MB. I would surely reconsider my commitment to your brand.

Original review: June 22, 2021

This dealership should be called the Pinocchio Mercedes Dealership because their deceptive practices are unbelievable. I leased a new Mercedes 2 weeks ago with the only requirement that I'd be able to keep the same features of my 2019 car. They lied and cajoled me into a lease only to later find out that I had better features on my 2019 car. They agreed to return my car after going back and forth over the past two weeks after I was able to show that promises were made in writing that couldn't be delivered. So they promised to return my car that had 11,000 miles on it two weeks ago and take back the SUV that didn't have satellite radio or a decent set of speakers or the option of navigation.

Today I return their car that I drove for 112 miles. They give me the key to my car which someone has driven almost 2,000 miles with all the filth of the employee that they allowed to drive my car. Everything about this place reminds you of a car dealership that relies on bait and switch sales. Even the manager, Katrina, who went out of her way to tell me that Mercedes would not take advantage of a senior citizen and that as an ** she treats everyone as she would want her ** older parents treated. This is not information that I solicited as clearly she was trying to demonstrate that she would never take advantage of senior citizens. Well if I was a betting woman I would bet that the only ** DNA that Katrina has is from an ** ancestor.

The way a business treats current customers merely demonstrates how you will be treated if you lease or buy from this dealership. As a clinical psychologist I don't need to go out on a limb to tell you that if a person lies about something innocuous then they won't hesitate to lie to get your business. Shame on Mercedes for treating your customers with such disrespect and disdain. The fact that they couldn't be bothered to wash or vacuum a car that they drove to Timbuktu (in 2 weeks???) during a pandemic and never disclosed the wear and tear on my car by an employee tells you everything you need to know about Mercedes San Francisco!

Original review: June 21, 2021

My 2015 ML350 Model, had 82,000 miles, then the catalytic converter need a replacement. Why? No solution from the manufacturer. The new replacement was very costly. I need help. Maybe a recall is needed.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I purchased dealership certified GLB 250 with 7000 miles on it. The car was not driven for few months due to covid. After car had 15,000 miles and was due for maintenance, I was informed that the tires needs to be replaced. The car is less than a year old and drove 8000 more miles when we were informed to change the tires. I contacted the dealership to find out the reason for tire replacement only on 15000, I was informed that the tires are performance tires and are good for 15,000 - 20,000 miles only. This is unusual for a luxury car to have low performance. The brand has a reputation of a durable and sturdy car but to my disappointment I had to deal with the this issue on only 15,000 miles out of which I only drove 8,000.

I contacted the Mercedes Corporate to talk to consumer affairs' and spoke to Caroline who informed me that she will talk to dealership to take an action for goodwill and brand reputation. The solution provided me was poor and a negligible discount was offer. I am not happy with the Brand, the customer relations, customer service and the dealership.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information