2. Automotive

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz
Get Pricing Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is an in-house financing provider for vehicles from Mercedes-Benz and other brands under its parent company, Daimler AG. It provides an online payment calculator, and you can apply online or at a local dealership to get preapproved. After your purchase, you can manage your account and make secure payments online.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Mercedes-Benz Get Pricing Rydeshopper
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Get Pricing Rydeshopper

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes-Benz?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: April 12, 2021

At the dealership I purchased my vehicle from, the sales associate, cashier, service and front desk staff are exceptional. They go over and beyond to make you feel important and welcome to own a Mercedes Benz.

Original review: April 7, 2021

My husband, mom, and whole family drives a Mercedes for safety but I will never purchase one again. The software failed in my 1 month old car and they were so ruthless, demeaning and rude about it. I could find help or answers and they never provided caring customer service. Never again!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2021

In 2018 I purchased a new 2018 E class sedan. It's mostly a great car. However when I purchased the car, it had live traffic feeds to the GPS system that showed where traffic is heavy (as one has on I-phones, Waze, etc.). This has proven to be a very useful part of the GPS system. The subscription for this service expired after three years, and I tried to renew it. After repeated phone calls to Embrace, I was informed that Mercedes no longer offers live traffic feeds on cars made before 2019.

I was told something along the lines of " the software company is no longer supporting older cars". This seems to me TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY -- Mercedes prides itself with "the best or nothing"... well, as far as live traffic feeds are concerned I now have nothing. The dealership service department have not have not been helpful in this regard -- it seems that software innovation such as live traffic feeds are handled at a corporate level and they have very little understanding of them.

Original review: March 6, 2021

We had our car serviced here and when we got it back it CAUGHT ON FIRE and so it begins. Trust me... It's worth the read. :) Here's the situation: A couple of days before Xmas, our car shut off in a parking lot and wouldn't turn on even after roadside assistance came and we hooked up a new battery. We had it towed to Autohaus on Edens, Northbrook Il based on a recommendation and because it is a Mercedes dealer and we wanted trustworthy service. They did a diagnostic and had a hard time figuring out the issue.

Tom ** was very communicative and explained they were checking the battery and all the electronic systems etc but it was taking some time. Finally, we go word that they had identified that it was the EIS system. They replaced that system, completed the installation and they did a multipoint inspection to identify potential issues as well as confirm that the battery, cables, mountings etc. were inspected and were AOK. This took 10 days.

We got the car back. It CAUGHT ON FIRE while were were driving. The fire was where the battery is located underneath the passenger seat with flames and smoke billowing up. There was no indication anywhere on the dashboard that there was a problem. Thank god We were not on a highway and that one of my kids or spouse weren't sitting there when this happened or we could have been killed or badly burned. Luckily it was snowing a boatload and we got the fire out by shoving snow on it and when the smoke cleared, we noticed the red safety plate that typically covers the positive connection had been removed and was sitting placed in the back of the passenger seat. We took pics, contacted our insurance who told us to contact the dealer and let them know once we had a cause.

We contacted Tom ** at Autohaus on the Edens and explained the situation. He advised us to have it towed back there so they could do an "investigation". We had the car towed up there and he called a couple of days later and stated that they needed us to authorize $500.00 to pay for a further diagnostic because they had to pull up the seat to determine the cause of the fire. He believed it was an issue with something shorting out the battery but needed confirm. We agreed to the diagnostic. He commented that they never touched the battery the first time we brought it in. We reminded him (we have his voicemail) that when we brought the car there the first time, he let us know they couldn't figure out the problem as they had tested the battery and it was working fine.

They also completed installation of the battery (he confirmed) and finally they provided us with a multiple point written inspection report where they specifically stated that they inspected the battery, cables, mountings etc. and all are AOK. We again brought up the missing red safety cap that should have been covering the positive wires and he stated that doesn't matter and isn't the issue. We asked if the exposed wires that should have been covered by the cap could have caused the fire if they sparked and he said he wasn't sure but would know more once they did a full investigation.

We waited and then received a "report" where no diagnostic was included but rather they just supplied the cost of the damage and repairs for $4600.00. Included in this report was a new multipoint inspection where they stated that they inspected the battery, wires, mountings and cables and all were AOK. Except that the battery had melted as had the connecting wires and cables. WHAT? Hmmmm.

He followed up with a phone call and stated that they thought the battery was faulty and we should go after the battery company. We asked why that wasn't listed as a diagnostic he said he couldn't legally state that but we actually paid 500.00 to figure out the cause and we would need that to go back to the battery company. We also asked bout that multipoint inspection stating all was ok with the battery, cables, mountings etc. When, in fact, they had been in a fire and all was melted/seriously damaged. What we learned from Tom ** is that these inspections are a "courtesy" and they may or may not actually do them! What?

I brought my car to Mercedes because I trust they do what they said they did. I trust their recommendations. It turns out that they don't actually do the inspection. These two reports confirm this fact. Which brings me back to the first time around. If they had actually done the inspection, wouldn't they have either picked up on a loose wire and/or the missing plate? Seems reasonable. Note to self: They do NOT do the inspection, just say they do.

We asked him to document the faulty battery and then we got another report where the multipoint inspection reflects that the battery, cables, mounting etc. are NOT AOK and also NOT documenting a faulty battery as the cause but instead identifying some loose wires by the positive battery cable (that would have been covered had the cap been on or picked up if they actually did the inspection) added 250$ to the bill and sent it over. 4900.00 and no cause or accountability. At this point in the conversation, we contacted the head of service Jim ** who had Tom call us back because he was too busy. You can imagine our frustration! The worst part is Tom was very polite and kept saying we want you to have a great experience and be happy. Not possible at this point.

We brought our car here in December and spent 1800.00. Got it back and then it CAUGHT ON FIRE while we were driving! We bring it back again and get a huge runaround with no clear cause, conflicting reports, phone calls that conflict what was written and all the while they have our car as a hostage! Finally after 2 weeks without a car Jim ** agrees to talk to us. He does not appear to have an understanding of the details to date and the gist is he asks: "What do you want? Do you want me to pay for this? Cause that isn't gonna happen. Call your insurance and have an adjuster come out. We don't want to push a claim on them but that's why you have insurance. Once we figure it out we can get you loaner and I can cover your deductible."

Progress! I contact my insurance to explain that we are at an impasse and give them the details. They agree that this sounds very suspect and they get involved (thank God) but due to Covid it will take them a few days to get out there. I call Jim back with the update and he says great but no deal on the loaner. There is a catch. I can get a loaner once insurance agrees that they will pay for it...interesting.... The next day, Tom ** calls to reinforce that we will NOT get a loaner until insurance agrees to pay. He ends the convo with we want you to have a great experience. Seriously? (Note: if you have a Mercedes, get rental insurance with your car insurance!)

Finally insurance and Autohaus strike a deal that is less than what they charged us initially at $4200.00 and Tom calls to state that it will take them another 7-10 days but we can have a loaner as long as we bring it back every 3 days... no exceptions. What?! Has anyone ever gotten a loaner for longer than 3 days from Autohaus on Edens? I know I have from Mercedes downtown. We live 40 minutes away; we have 4 kids; We have been without our car for 2.5 weeks (due to what appears to be negligence). We never got a loaner the first time either....oh and we had our car serviced there and then IT CAUGHT ON FIRE which is why we need a loaner! This was the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

When we go to pick up the car, there is yet another report differing from the first 4 and they have added charges for additional parts but don't know what the parts are. Literally a change for parts unidentified. They told us to pay the difference and that they had contacted our insurance who would reimburse us except...wait for it...not accurate. And regarding those outstanding charges that we paid for? They will get back to us on what they were for. Still waiting.

What about MERCEDES USA you may ask yourself? Well we also involved Mercedes USA and spoke with Susan, Executive Referral Manager at HQ in Georgia and she is supposedly investigating to see if there was a car malfunction but dealerships are basically franchises and they have no involvement AT ALL! What? They said this type of situation has nothing to do with them.

Also she indicated that if we got the car fixed, they may not be able to investigate which is ridiculous. You would think Mercedes USA would want to inspect what happened when a Mercedes Benz catches fire at the battery under the passenger seat while being driven and there is no indication other than the flames and smoke engulfing the car that there is an issue? And that this occurred immediately after having it serviced at a Mercedes Benz Dealership. I guess not. It is so far down their list that after we submitted the photos and took the time to fill out all the information she has not responded in any way. Thankfully no one was hurt or killed or this would be a very different conversation.

How did it end? We got our car back and we got the battery back as well. We are waiting to hear what's next from Mercedes. It was too big of a deal to not leave you with the details so there you have it! Don't go to Autohaus on Edens and if you do: know that the multipoint inspection isn't real. To be quite frank do yourself a favor and don't buy MERCEDES. If you want a German car...I would say look to buy and Audi or a BMW.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I have owned and leased multiple vehicles with Mercedes for years; one, which is under warranty, is the subject of this complaint. The moonroof opened, and never closed; because it is still under warranty, I took it to our nearest Mercedes dealership for repairs. This was in November of 2020. Now in March of 2021, my vehicle sits, abandoned and without repairs in the same dealership. I’m being informed there is no E.T.A. for the PRODUCTION of the required part that has failed on the moonroof mechanism. To make matters worse, they can’t even force the door shut so that the interior of my vehicle isn’t subjected to the elements, or for me to be able to drive it until the part arrives.

We were given the customer service contact information for Mercedes Customer Service, and have come to find that they have absolutely no interest in aiding us in this issue. We were assigned to the Executive Referral Manager, Melicie. She took our information, informed us that she would be making a case file for us, and would attempt to find us options or some sort of resolution. Then, that was it; it’s been over two weeks and haven’t heard back from her; she will not return our phone calls, and when other representatives answer and make a friendly comment about “oh she’s in today”, after that they are unable to locate her or get her on the phone and “would we like her voicemail”. No I do not want her voicemail any more, I want my car back!

I appreciate the loaner and I appreciate all that Star Motor has done for us, because they have their hands tied - but isn’t Customer Service here to Service the Customer? The loaner is not the sports SUV that I bought my wife, the car she loves but now is weary to have back because of the unavailability of parts. We continue to pay for this vehicle, we continue to pay for the full coverage insurance, we continue to wait. Is that what we’re supposed to do when we’ve been such faithful customers for so many years? Is this what thousands of dollars a month buys you? I would like a resolution, I would love a call back - I want the type of service I thought Mercedes was supposed to give their customers. Is it fair that this representative, Melicie, is laughing at us - or doesn’t want to deal with us, a Mercedes customer? Maybe an $84k car note to them is not a big deal or important, but this is years of hard work for myself and my wife.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Still arguing with #Mercedes about the mold building up and smell in the AC system on the 2016 GLC300. Had this issue since new! They will not stand behind their products even though there’s a class action lawsuit. Everything in the lawsuit says they have to pay for future repairs, yet every dealer refuses to do it. Any attempt of remediation results in being re-read the terms of the settlement, and then transferred all over the place until there’s no solution. I have two Mercedes I bought new: an E300 in 2017 and a GLC300 in 2016. These will be my LAST Mercedes cars. Their brand name and the premium costs you pay mean nothing as they do NOT support their customers or the products they make. I will be replacing my cars with Tesla or another luxury brand going forward. Keep losing customers MB!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I own a Mercedes GLC300 2016 and I have maintained my car with regular services as per Mercedes. All of a sudden my car starts shaking to the point is unsafe to drive on freeways. I towed it to Mercedes Benz of Newport Beach and I was told that piston #1 need to be replaced and gave me a quote of 9,500 and mentioned, "We are not sure if problem is limited to piston, it can be the whole block but we can’t say until we tear apart your engine $4k." This car is being serviced at the dealer and they never mentioned that early GLC300 have wrist pin issues in their engines. Mercedes denies to take responsibility for this issue.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

The finance rep called me on a vehicle that I no longer had to tell me that I owed state property tax on it for 2020. The amount was almost 8x what I ever paid one year that I had it which was crazy. I had the lease vehicle only 4 days in the year, 2020, that I turned it in then she said they would prorate it. The new cost was slightly higher than what I paid for one of the previous years. Of course during the call I was getting mad since the rep was obviously lying or incompetent. I pulled out all the previous year’s payments (2019, 2018) and receipts after I hung up on her then called back hoping to get another rep. I didn’t realize it was her and she didn’t realize it was me. I told her the brief situation about the taxes and cost in which she also said it didn’t sound right then she pulled up my account. She then realized I was the person she spoke to earlier and of course it was correct then.

They sent me the tax bill saying it was late. What? It was late because the rep called to verify my address to send me the bill. My address hasn’t changed in over 20 years and they never had any issues sending me anything prior. Since you are no longer financing from them the service went down hill. I couldn’t trade that GS in since no one wanted it. Dealerships were willing to pay off my lease rather than take it. Poor customer service in finance department is all I can say.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

As a first time lease owner of my fist Mercedes C-class this was a huge disappointment. Prepaid for 2 services at the beginning of the lease just to find out that they expire 2 years after and not by the end of the lease how they made me think. Was only less than a month after my expiration that I took car for service B and now on top of my already paid $500 I must pay again. This is beyond dishonest and most terrible customer treatment I've ever encountered. Called the office and spoke to Juan who was only able to get a partial credit for the service I now have to pay for the second time. How would you like paying for service twice?

Also, on the phone with Mercedes customer service I was blackmailed by Juan (phone number: **) not to write my honest review about this situation or they would take away even the partial credit they just gave me that only partially covers my second charge for the same service I already paid for when I signed up for the lease! It was so unprofessional and disgusting to be blackmailed to stay away from writing this honest review that made me even more compelled to do so because I want to warn all future unsuspected new customers of how they will be treated as well.

I will not be buying my future vehicles from them and so is my family. I only want to give my business to places that truly appreciate their customers and with lots of great competitors out there it will be easy to do. You don't want to be tricked, lied to, especially as a first time customer into something that will screw you later and they won't even care about it. Everyone should know before becoming a customer of theirs that they treat their customers in the worst possible manner without any care and with great amount of unprofessionalism by blackmailing them to speak the truth. Did not expect this coming from this car maker of this magnitude but be warned and stay away.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Bought my first car (this being the 2020 plate 70 reg A-Class PHEV premium plus 1.3L hatchback), and unfortunately the navigation system and customer aftercare was ATROCIOUS. I was back in the Merc showroom a week after I purchased the car due to the speedometer showing 70mph on the side streets and 20mph on a motorway! There was also NO sight of the mandatory accessories that were in the car.

The ENGINEERS said that a full download WASNT completed on this BRAND NEW fully fitted, TOP OF THE RANGE vehicle and even after them taking my car in for the day, it's still NOT WORKING. When requesting an initial check up of the car (due to the navigation system failing and taking the longer routes around town) he told me to press the SOS system in the car which directs you to air ambulance, then a roadside engineer (both who said the whole situation has heightened due to the fault of the salesman). The inadequacy of the sales team is awful especially with their customer aftercare and ’support'.

When the car arrived, the salesman who I dealt with didn't bother showing me any of the cars gadgets, the car wasn’t even full charged on the electric - there was no effort made when presenting the car which was very disappointing. The car is a premium plus (top of the range) meaning that all the extra features such as the cable are meant to come with the car. When questioning the salesman I dealt with, he refused to acknowledge that the accessories came with the car and stopped replying to my messages giving no response! It was only after dealing with the engineer, we pushed for the already paid for accessories.

Being a loyal customer, we had foresight of purchasing another vehicle however, due to the REPETITION OF TERRIBLE experiences with the car, customer services, problematic navigation…. I’m appalled! The whole experience was very troublesome, lack of support was given from the Mercedes Leicester team, there was absolutely no aftercare provided. The car’s navigation and speedometer is STILL NOT WORKING. I don’t recommend anyone to purchase this new vehicle, especially from the Leicester branch. Very disappointed.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information