2. Automotive

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We have owned our Mercedes C230 since we bought it new in 2007. The Mercedes has outlasted our BMW 325i and our Toyota Tundra. The car still drives like new. Of course we have had regular maintenance performed regularly, just like we did on the previous mentioned vehicles. As of today, everything on the Mercedes is working properly. Unfortunately we can not say the same about the BMW or Toyota. Don’t get me wrong, the BMW and Toyota still had strong engines, it was the many little thing that went wrong. I would strongly recommend the Mercedes. We have purchased an E class Mercedes and are confident it will be as great as our still C230.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Bought a year old pre owned. In the 2 years of ownership I have only had 1 repair needed. And I drive more than 12k per year. Former car was a couple of 750LI'S and they were in repair shop at least once a month for various small and pricey repairs. All were under warranty but I knew to offload them before warranty ran out. Build quality of the S550 is exceptional and without compromise. It is extremely comfortable and quite brisk. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Mercedes S550 is one beautiful vehicle. I own three of them. I just fell in love with this vehicle the very first time I saw one. Great ride, one of the best I ever rode in! Quiet ride, to the point where you feel so comfortable you want to rest instead of driving this vehicle. Now there is a good side to anything and there is the other side! Someone once said if you have to ask the price you must not have the ability to afford the cost to make repairs! First order of business, vehicle warranty a MUST! You ended up selling your first child to keep it on the road. Average maintenance cost per year $2,000 to $3,500 even if you have a good warranty. Tires, tune up, head lights for starters. The ride, the looks, the style might be worth the price to you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

The Mercedes E350 has been around since 2006. This engine is a true workhorse, which is featured on a variety of body styles. I have owned two of them, the first on a lease and the second one a purchase. Although my current E350 is a 2013 model, it still looks new in style and condition. I have found it extremely reliable and with the MB Certified warranty, a wise buy. There are a number of great improvements to this model each year, but my current 2013 is as good as them all. I will not hesitate to recommend the E350 to anyone seeking a great-looking, luxury car. I found it to be very cost effective to purchase a Mercedes.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The Mercedes C63s sits atop of the MB C class line and comes standard with the works in terms of AMG tuning and design elements for that extra bit of luxury and massive amount of performance. The 63s is NOT a cheap car by any means. In fact it probably sits atop the segment in terms of price. BUT, the car handles beautifully, fit and finish is spectacular and the engine note from the twin turbo V-8 is out of this world. If you want a car that appears docile, feels luxurious and sedate, but performs and sounds like a car 10 times the price, then you may have found your match.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Bought a 2019 c300. Major engine problems!!! Now Mercedes is blaming me for oil getting into the coolant, which I’ve seen become a major issue with these cars. It is clearly a Mercedes problem, and will most likely result in a recall. DO NOT buy a Mercedes c300, I can guarantee these issues will be evident. Brian and Mary the service managers are liars, and refuse to even consider any point that goes against their corporate bull!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

We purchased a Mercedes Benz Gl 450 for a total of over $47,000 in July 2019 and in addition to the car having warranty up to 50,000 miles, we purchased an additional service/repair package for $1,800.00. We spent all that money with an expectation of safety, reliability and the peace of mind promised by mercedes benz's multi point inspection, warranty up to 50,000 miles and the extra repair package that we purchased.

Recently we noticed that when we first start driving the car has a noise on the right side, the noise is most noticeable when applying the brake and when releasing the brake. On December 2nd, we took the car to Mercedes Benz of Valencia and to say that the service department staff was UNWILLING TO HELP is a gross understatement. The service manager was derelict of his responsibility. First he said there was no loaner vehicle available therefore, no one could examine our car, when in fact I had called twice to confirm that a loan vehicle would be available to us when making the appointment. Then second he said nothing could be done to examine the noise in our car because the car had been in an accident, therefore warranty was not attached, but could not show me any of that in writing. Further, the accident was a minor one with only minor body damage which amounted to a $3,400 repair job and no engine damage was sustained.

We stressed on multiple occasions that we needed to establish whether the noise was engine related or a result of accident related body damage. They eventually did agree to keep the car for examination, they called the following day on December 3rd and told us to come and get the car. Bill the service representative stated that they heard the noise when applying the brake and said there is nothing they can do because the brakes on the car are new and that they do not know what is causing the noise nor what could be wrong with the car.

We are concerned and, worried about our safety, not to mention flabbergasted that the auto manufacturer's employees are unwilling to diagnose the problem and are demonstrating a blatant disregard for brand integrity or customer safety. There was no report given to on what type of examination or assessment if any at all was performed on the car. There was no print out of areas examined and findings observed, it appears they kept or car overnight and called us in the morning to fetch it. Given that brakes are a very important part of vehicle operation we are shocked that the service department has displayed such a lackadaisical attitude towards a potential safety risk.

We purchased the car which has up to 50,000 mile warranty or 7 years whichever occurs first and the additional repair package for peace of mind expecting to get the proper service that would address any issues and instead we were told by the vehicle manufacturer service department that there is nothing they can do and further they do not know what is causing the malfunction in a car manufactured by Mercedes and covered by a 50,000 mile warranty. There is something very wrong with that.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This vehicle will run forever if properly maintained. I have 186,000 miles, serviced as per MB, using MB spec fluids and parts. The vehicle gets great gas mileage considering its size and weight. I believe this SUV will exceed 300k miles without any major component failure.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The blind spot sensors are a godsend. My wife is a fairly new driver who I know doesn't check her blind spots as well as she should. The alert makes me feel much better about her driving. The vehicle has several modes that affect acceleration and handling. The only 2 that really matter are Comfort and Sport. Sport really brings out the power in the vehicle, and Comfort provides a smooth ride for daily driving. The interior has a premium feel to it while providing a comfortable experience.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The admiration of Mercedes BENZ is a love affair of decades. The ML350 is currently ready to transport me to jazz club in Las Vegas. The auto ‘romance ‘ began in 1972 with a Fiat in Chicago. Yes! Snow, ice and one brave or silly girl. The ride, breadth, and finesse of driving is still as fresh as day one. Mercedes has my head, hand at the wheel and heart all in one. The love of the drive flows in my veins. May you travel an open road!

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information