Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Mercedes-Benz
3.68/5

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

704 Mercedes-Benz Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

We bought a 2020 GLE 450 over a month ago. The dealership experience from the beginning has been nothing short of a nightmare. The salesman was pushy and rushed us to make a decision based on other customers arriving in one hour to buy the vehicle out from under us. Once we decided to buy the vehicle the Mercedes Concierge was unavailable to ensure all features were operational prior to our taking possession. The salesman muddled his way through the features. When we left the AI was not fully functional but we were assured that “it just needed to finish loading”. Well, that couldn’t have been further from the truth!

The vehicle has been in the shop at a different (much better) Mercedes service department for over three weeks now. We finally found out that we need a whole new command unit that has to ship directly from Germany! We’ve been told it may be another month or more until we get our vehicle fixed. The service department told us that it appears that the Walnut Creek dealership KNEW the AI was not functioning when we bought it because it had been reset 4 days prior to our purchase!!

The other issue has to do with our trade-in. The Walnut Creek dealership mailed the pay off for our trade in to the wrong place! The check has been lost for three weeks and each time I inquire I get a different story about what happened and where the check went. This seems borderline criminal! We have contacted Corporate on two separate occasions with no resolve and at this point the only help or communications we are receiving is from the current service department.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I went into Walters Mercedes Benz in Riverside to try and figure what could be the problem of the noise - I had just purchased the car from a friend - and he didn't want me to have any problems so he paid $4,000 for a diagnostic check up to make sure all was good. When I was at Walters - not sure if he was a salesman or a mechanic, but he said that that it is a common occurrence for the roof window to fail. He estimated $1600 to have it repaired. I have just finished to talking to Mercedes Benz, and got the total runaround, Two people there Tara, and Antonio, said that they were unaware of any problem. How about you. Please let me know if you have the problem and how you solved same. Carma. **.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I have a 2 year old, C class AMG, still under MB warrantry. When bought from a non franchised MB dealer which had 4,500 on the clock when bought - It now has 7,800 on the clock. In that time the front discs have been changed once at 6,000 miles and are now due for change again. With a different issue. For the first week or two, the brakes were perfect. Then I could feel the brake pedal was pulsing. After a new set of MB discs. Current issue with these, is horrendous vibration on the car all over the car at minimum braking. (Anything above 20mph). Hard braking, the vibration disappears until you start easing off on the brakes. Or, you get below 20mph.

3 weeks ago, it was booked into, first MB (Solihull) dealership, on latest discs changed at 5,500 roughly and car was showing 7,000. Lucas over the phone called me and said front discs are warped. Told him not correct (or words to that effect.) Can't be, it's had new MB discs. He told me. "In which case take it back to the (non) franchise dealer you bought it from and get them to repair it"... which I was not happy with it the slightest. So, I talked to the manager of the dealership and he pacified me by saying, "it's a known issue, when bolting the wheels up to the hub" (Basically fed me **, it turns out).

So, two weeks ago, took it to an independent garage. After telling them the issues. They said instead of just slapping new discs on. They would check everything. So, they clocked the wheels to the hub. Both fronts running true. Then clocked the front hubs. Driver's side was running out 0.005 though. Passenger side was running bang on. (So, MB Solihull were wrong, and were effectively going to fit new discs to a hub that was out?)

At that point I'd decided never to use MB Solihull again. Due to Lucas telling me to take the car back to the dealers I'd bought it from over the phone and an incorrect fault diagnosis. I think they were more interested in carrying out the software update to the powertrain module, than sorting out the issue I had with the brakes (Probably never even took the wheels off. Just drove the car. Experienced the vibration and fed me, what is in the customers handbook). Lucas said he would e-mail me the report. Needless to say, that never happened. Yesterday the non-franchised dealers I bought it from, had it booked it into 2nd different MB (Coventry) garage. I though to cure the problem. The dealer told MB Coventry, everything we'd learned from the independent garage.

I phoned MB Coventry at 2.30pm and was eventually told that they'd found the problem. It was rust on the hub and you have a broken bearing. "So you've cured the problem?" "No." "We've not been told to cure it." And started to talk about corrosion on the mating faces. etc. Straight out of your "How to get out of sorting a known issue handbook." (I was not polite, as by then I'd realised that I would be driving this heap of scrap on the motorway for another week).

Got off the phone and phoned up the garage who stripped the car down last week. They said no signs of rust on the hub. Then phoned the dealer and apparently MB had quoted for Two hubs. Even though one hub was running true... not sure what else they quoted for. Just knew they were trying to rip me off. I then went to the Coventry branch to pick the car up and discuss with the manager, the issues I have. He shows me pics of the hub and shows pics of the broken bearing. So, incredulously I say to him, "you've stripped a car down and put it back together again with a broken front hub bearing, and are going to hand that car over to me?" (Basically called him a liar as I didn't believe the hub he was showing me, was mine (Even if it was. The implications of giving a car back to a customer with a fault such as that, doesn't bear thinking about).

He talked to me, out by the car and went all over the wheels looking for any signs of bangs or refurbishment, even suggested the wheels weren't the originals... While he was doing this, I noticed that the outside areas of the wheels, were still covered in brake dust. So, voiced my doubts that they'd even taken the wheels off, at all. He persuaded me they had, as the wheel nut areas you could see no brake dust. Which brings me to the question that if MB's wheels/hubs, etc. are so critical on their mating faces that they need to be spotlessly clean. Surely the very first thing MB should do, before removing the wheels, is to remove any brake dust on the outside? So, when bolting up the wheels, Your not compounding the problem?

(The car is vibrating all over the place. A bit more brake dust isn't going to make that much difference). The manager also blamed refurbished wheels? Everything basically that was not covered, by the MB manufacturing warranty. I then said, "there is no way I would ever, take a car of mine to MB for anything and I wouldn't trust their mechanics to put my great grand daughter's Lego together if their latest diagnosis on my car is to be believed." I will never buy an MB again, as they obviously have a serious design defect, that needs addressing, if the brake discs are that fragile. Manager agreed by looking sheepish, if that makes sense.

My perception of MB is that they like scaring people into throwing their money away. Total whitewash with respect to my customers complaint. Obviously couldn't give a damn about their (ex) customers. More interested in trying to screw as much money out of gullible customers as they can. Clearly a good business model. But one ex-customer isn't going to make a difference.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I purchased a new E-320, brand new, fully loaded. Hand washed from day one to this day. Driven only 14 miles/day! It has only 40k miles. I babied this vehicle and it is in mint condition. Looks like a museum piece! At around 30k miles the leather sit seams came apart! (???) Note that I have the massage package so you would expect a top quality leather. Dealer "did me a favor" and replaced it. Later I found out that MB *knew* about the upholstery's low quality they used.

Now, at 40k miles the left side of the driver seat is peeling off!! Went to the dealer - horrible dealer btw - (MB of Nanuet RT 304 Nanuet, NY) and the service manager, without even looking at it said, "Oh! Wear and tear not covered, sorry." Are you kidding me??? 40k miles? I weight 180 pounds, tall and slim. My neighbor has a BMW with over 80k miles, he weights probably 350 pounds and the seat look like new! Do yourself a favor. MB has the reputation but the quality parts they use - at least the leather - is horrible. Never ever again!! And also stay away form that horrible dealer. I plan to put a sign in my vehicle and drive around with a picture of the peeling leather and the name of the dealer who refuses to take care of it. That, based on the mint condition of the vehicle most likely will raise eyebrows. Shame on you Mercedes Benz!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have complained to the West Chester Ohio dealership regarding the Parking Brake not releasing after putting the car in gear. I pull the park release and it has no effect on the brake. The only way I can get the car to move is to apply the gas, until it releases with a loud noise. This cannot be safe, but I was told that this has been happened with some of their other customers. I called and filed a complaint with MB USA and was told they will forward it to their recall department. I was curious how many other customer are experts this issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: May 24, 2019

I bought this car with 3k miles on it from Mercedes Manhattan. At the time of purchase it was 5 months old. The first 2 years were great. The third year the problems started. I have probably had every hose, spark plug, brakes, tires and many other items replaced. This is now my 4th year owning it and for the last 7 months it has literally been in the shop every single month. The check engine light comes on every other week at this point. I called Mercedes corporate and they told me to keep bringing it into the shop! Really??! A $100k car and they tell me to just keep getting it fixed! Absolutely useless! I will be switching brands!

Original review: May 16, 2019

First time buyer of a Mercedes car and of course I choose the redesigned 2017 E400. Let me tell you, what an awful ride and the number of issues I have had with this car…. this should be considered a Lemon. Complained to head office, service department and searched the internet…so much wasted time back & forth from the dealer. For the amount of money, I have spent I wish I never got this car. Mercedes has left a bad taste in my mouth and I could not even recommend them to a friend. Issue – Engine stalling, noisy engine, power window issues, awful ride (even confirmed by the shop manager), broken wiper handle, driver seat not staying in place, door leds blown, the new navigation/radio functionality not working properly, and so on….For an E-Class and the price tag, it is not worth it.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am so happy with my new car I got from Stephen **! He took plenty of time with me to make sure I purchased the right vehicle. I would without a doubt recommend Stephen and I appreciate his ongoing support.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a 2015 Mercedes GL-350 in May 2017 with less than 20K Miles on it. I was told that it was still have full factory warranty on it until 4 years or 40K miles. About 6 months after purchased the vehicle; We started to experience an intermittent problem with the rear view camera and 360 view cameras; once in a while when we put the car into reverse, the screen would continuously flipping between rear view and 360 view.

I recorded the issue on camera and brought it to the dealer. The mechanic at the dealer looked at the video and drove the car around for 5 minutes then came back and said that he does not see the problem at the moment so there is nothing they can do. About 8 months before the warranty expired, we began to have another intermittent problem with the transmission, every couple of months, the reverse gear does not work. You can put the transmission into reverse, feel the gear engage but the car won't move; we can rev up the engine to 3000 rpm and the car wouldn't move. The only way to get out of that problem is to drive forward for about 1/4 miles, then after that the reverse gear work again until the next time.

We brought the car to the dealer, they test drove the car and did not see the issue, so they again told us, there is nothing they can do. Kept having both of these problems every few months, so we recorded the problem with the transmission on video where the dashboard show the gear in reversed, engine rev up and the car did not move (can tell thru the windshield). We bought it to the dealer and show them the problem. They again drove the car around for a few minutes and came back to tell us that there is nothing they can do because the problem does not happen at that time.

When the warranty about to expire on this vehicle, I called Mercedes USA (talked to Erik). He told me I should bring the vehicle back to the dealer if the problem comes back, but I will be responsible for all cost of diagnostic and any cost associated with fixing the transmission. I told him I have detail dealer record/video of the problem existed well before warranty expired and it is Mercedes that could not fix the problem. He kept repeating the warranty policy of 4 years/40K miles and owner responsible for all cost afterward, and that was how the call ended. We spent twice the money on this luxury brand and this is how they treated their customers. I will never purchase another Mercedes or any of their franchise brand and I will make sure I tell this story every chance I get.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I bought my SLK 250 from an Acura dealership with 16k miles on it. I put less than 10k miles on the car before the retractable roof began to leak, out of the blue. Water was pouring into the car. Long story short, Mercedes told me the entire roof has to be replace and it will not look like my current hardtop. It will be all glass. The entire look of the car will be different. They have had my car for three weeks and the total bill is nearing 7k. To make matters worse, they reported my mileage as 36,XX* when it was truly 26,XX*. They promised a correction but a month later, it isn't corrected. So I cannot even sell the car because now the odometer does not match the Carfax. I am going back to BMW, and will never again look twice at a Benz. The dealership handling all of this is Lokey Mercedes of Clearwater, FL.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Mercedes Benz: A waste of money on Roadside Assistance Package or Emergency response package. Futile Products that Mercedes Benz Offers: 1. SOS-GPS, 2. Towing Service, 3. Loaner Cars Service, 4. Customer Service. Last week, Our family was traveling to Death Valley National Park from Phoenix for a get together party. We started around 12.00 noon @ Friday from Phoenix and planned to reach destination by 6.30 pm with several breaks in our Journey.

When we are on I-93 and close to Mile Mark 64, Our Mercedes E 300 car had flat (tire blow out though it has run flats on it) around 4.30 pm, which is around 180 miles away from Phoenix and another 120 miles to Vegas. We pulled over the car and realized our run flats were of no use anymore. We tried to move our car further down the roadside aisle but the car doesn’t move and shows the indicator as if it's disabled. We called immediately to Mercedes Benz SOS call (A red button on top of our head in Mercedes Benz), They received our call and politely directed us on suggestions to press another wrench button to reach roadside assistance. We followed their instructions. We called for RoadSide assistance for help.

We had a conversation with roadside assistance for 15 minutes and gave our location along with mile marker. We been requested several times by our Mercedes Benz on our location, We shared what we know as we are nowhere in the middle of desert and don’t know exact location where we are other than our Mobile Phone provided coordinates. They recorded information and said that they are going to look for a toll truck guy to pull our car near to Henderson Las Vegas Mercedes Benz Showroom.

We requested either for a loaner or provide a rental car as the toll truck doesn’t pick 4 people due to their policy constraints. We made it clear that we are ready to pay for those services as Safety is much priority at this moment as we are in middle of highway. To our Surprise, Mercedes Benz couldn’t offer a loaner nor rental. Instead they suggested to get a ride from a family member. (Who the hell on the world can give such a dumb response other than Mercedes Benz Call Center when they already know that we are 180 miles away from home location.)

After waiting there for 2 hours and having several conversations with Mercedes Benz Call center, They called again to find our exact location as they couldn’t pinpoint our location. We immediately responded them by sending our Google maps locations. After an hour, We called them up again (around 7 pm) and realized that they might take another 1 hour to pick our car. So we made up our mind and said to come and tow as we are going to leave keys inside and lock the car.

Here is the interesting part. As Mercedes Benz offers Lock and Unlock features through your mobile App from anywhere, I requested them to call me when they are about to pick my car so that I can unlock using my App. In that way, it's safer to have keys inside of car and keys would help to start the engine. The customer service rep says that they are not sure whether that feature works. Bummer. Finally, we agreed to leave keys nearby front tire and leave the place. We called for Lyft and our pick up was ready in 15 minutes to take us to Vegas.

Now the question arises on the products of Mercedes Benz.

1. How come Lyft able to pinpoint our location and render services in less than 15 minutes and dropped us safely to destined location whereas So called Advanced Machine Mercedes Benz couldn’t find its own location where it was stalled.
2. How come Lyft being an App operated able to provide best Customer service where as so-called Luxury vehicle Mercedes Benz doesn’t even know how to talk to its customers and provide some solution and get them to safe destination.
3. How come Mercedes Benz couldn’t offer a loaner car to its customers who are in needy (This is desperate state of being safe) than to promote on their brand.

4. How come Henderson Las Vegas Mercedes Benz fail to understand the customer needs instead claim as if their cars is good to move on run flats for another 50 miles. (When the car itself states as if it's disabled and cannot move).

After coming home, We realized as if AAA and Lyft are better than so called Luxury cars. Just think what would have happened if you have kids in the car, same situation and middle of nowhere. Why do we need to buy these cars which sets high expectations on their services but failed to execute when needed?

Original review: May 2, 2019

I was enticed by Mercedes to buy this car. I was told that there would be only 150 in the United States and that you could never buy the same model with the color of the anniversary edition. That was all fine. They did not sell the color and there were only 150 made. However!!! When the 2019 E400 came out you can walk into the showroom and buy the car with the same color as my 25 year anniversary edition. Very poor of the mercedes company to do that. I have owned probably 7 or 8 Mercedes in my life, and I have bought last one I will ever buy. The car has devalued a lot because of this. I am looking into filing with the Better Business Bureau against such lousy practice of such a large company. I will never buy another Mercedes and I will tell everyone to never trust what they have to offer. So please!!! In my opinion look elsewhere before you buy and overpay for a Mercedes... Look at Audi or BMW before you trust this company.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I bought the car when it had half a tank of fuel in it but when you fill it up is stinks of gasoline. If you go online searching for this problem there are a lot of complaints regarding this situation but Mercedes chooses to ignore it! No recalls! Just expensive fixes! This is the 2nd piece of crap Mercedes I’ve had the misfortune to own.

Original review: April 27, 2019

My Mercedes-Benz C-Class interservisan could not believe in everything is working fine till they got their hands on it. They told me my realise what corroded both sides. Had a good look myself and was not what life was not working anymore. Then believe it also sat nav was working great. I came out - it stopped working. What the hell have they done to try and get money out of people? It's unbelievable, unacceptable and the worse dealership have ever dealt with. Even Skoda must offer something better than this. Never trust a murderer again.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I bought my car to them about a year ago and I been having nothing but trouble since I got a warranty on it. Cost me about 4 grand extra so any trouble it had I could take it to the dealership which is Mercedes-Benz Of Greenwich Ct, didn’t think of bring it back to the dealer cause of the extra warranty. It’s always in service at the Benz dealer. They say there’s nothing wrong with but when drive it you could feel my seat trembling bad. They say they keep changing parts but at this point I don’t believe them. I feel they just juicing the warranty I got because nothing has change. I hope you guys could help me. I’m in a bad space due to the stress with this car. Hope you guys can help me. I’m still paying on this car as well. Smh, this is wrong. I don’t know what else to do or say. Thank for your time.

Original review: April 22, 2019

40,840 Mile service on 2012 E-350. We had our 7 year (70,000 Mi.) service but only 40,840 miles on vehicle completed at Mercedes of Hilton Head which cost $785.46. All prior services, from our purchase in 2012 with 12,000 miles, completed at Mercedes of Hilton Head. They discounted this to $657.37 after I raised heck for billing me $6 for washer fluid I had just filled. The year before the annual service was $902.90. Then I got the breakdown on additional recommendations as follows 1) Replace Transmission mount found collapsed $254.09, 2) Repack and adjust front wheel bearings $518.97, 3) Reseal Left Front Cylinder Head Cover $278.27, 4) Reseal Both Left Side Cam Magnets $291.28, 5) Reseal Right Front Cylinder Head Cover $293.18, 6) Reseal Both Cam Magnets on Right Cylinder Head $395.58 For a total of $2031.37.

The last year we put on 4,000 miles with no mention of any of these issues in prior years. While I understand somewhat (again usually 100,000 miles) the repacking needs, the other two items were completely a failure of the vehicle to perform properly and unusual failure (I would hope) of things that I have had cars with over 150,000 miles without issues. I called Corporate, after the dealer gave no assistance, as I thought those repairs should be covered with such low mileage and care given to the car throughout its life. They offered $600 off if all service was completed at the dealership. I've had a Buick that was 2 years out of warranty with 42,000 miles engine replacement all the way to the torque converter because of the engine failure and cost me $100.00. I always thought Mercedes was a quality vehicle, and I was sadly mistaken. Do NOT Buy Mercedes.

Original review: April 17, 2019

2014 E350. Having problems with the ECO system! It's been in the Benz shop 3 time and still not working. I will try 1 more time before putting a complaint in with BBB!! NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!! May go back to LEXUS!!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Brake failure and proximity warning system failure that MB and the dealership refused to support. Rather than fight this I’ve decided to get rid of the car. The dealership in Buffalo, NY and MB were terrible.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I purchased a 2017 CLA 250 December 2016. I have less than 20,000 miles on the car. I don't live in the city but have had to replace two tires for what Mercedes calls a bubble. I've had numerous Mercedes and have never had this problem. I don't drive in the city, don't have speed bumps where I go. Mercedes say warrant doesn't cover this. Mercedes is only a name. The quality of their cars a lower than HONDA. You pay all this money and get nothing. The extended warranty is a hoax. How do you have an extended warranty that ends and you haven't used your original warranty. Then there is no warranty. Any car you buy now gives more than Mercedes. It's just the name, the car is overpriced and overrated.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have had 4 MB cars/SUV and the ownership and dealers are fine but the financial department needs work. I just turned a leased SUV and then went on a vacation for a week. After going through the mail I saw the ending bill for the lease return. That was approx a week old. I forgot to sent right away assuming I have a bit of time. Within a few days they start leaving VM on my phone. I paid it like 2 1/2-3 weeks later and they still call daily. I made 36 payments x 4 different cars all on time and then they feel that over 10 days is late?? Relax and treat your clients with some respect. They need some training on the financial end.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Please note that while this review pertains to a 2008 C300, I have spoken to owners of two newer model C300s, and the consensus among us is that reliability is far less than expected, and repairs are more frequent and more costly than we anticipated. Since owning this car, I have replaced several very expensive components, including a drive shaft and steering lock. During a single year, my repairs totaled $3,000. During the following year, repairs were $2,000. These are just two examples of a lengthy list of costly non-maintenance repairs.

When I questioned the dealership about this track record, the salesman said, "When customers ask me this, I tell them that it's to be expected with a high-quality vehicle." TRANSLATION: You aren't the only one who's had this experience. For me, the C300 is a low quality vehicle with a fancy emblem on the hood. I will never consider this brand again. If you decide to buy Mercedes, review buyer experiences before you do. You may save yourself a lot of heartache - and a lot of money.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have a GLC 300 4WD 2016, running at low mileage of 19,000 in 2 1/2 years. The brakes have a weird sound when applying reverse gear and hit the brakes. MB mechanic had no idea what happened and hasn't been able to fix it. So the brakes have to be replaced. But the labor costs of fixing this has to be the customers paying for it? I've been asking services department management and customer care from MBUSA, they all stated that no warranty coverage from the issue of brakes. Especially customers have to pay to get fixed even though we as a customer that has been negligence. This’s an issue of manufacturing products issues!!! But MBUSA makes the customers pay for the maintenance costs!!! If anyone buy a MB nowadays, be aware of this issue. When products and services come to have problem without company policies will cover, they will reject to pay and cover even though the customers were right!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My thoughts about Mercedes Benz Financial and Customer Care I'm completely unhappy, disenchanted and disappointed with Mercedes Benz Financial and Mercedes Benz Customer Care. To give you a timeline of events I leased a brand new AMG C 43 2019 MB on February 9th 2019 and exactly 3 days later the engine light went on and as of today February 26th the Mercedes Benz mechanics have yet been able to remove the engine light. Hence as of today my out pocket costs have been over 5,000 not including the ceramic tints I put on the new car all for nothing.

At this point I have filed a grievance with Mercedes Benz Customer service and they have commenced the Buy Back Process which they say takes 24 hour period before someone can reach out to me. That was 4 days ago and still no call or email from someone from Mercedes Benz to address my concerns absolutely ridiculous. All the while all I have heard in regards to customer service is, "Mr. ** you have to understand we didn't manufacturer the car, you signed a contract." Excuse me, yes I did sign a lease agreement but at this point services have not been rendered and in order to have an agreement and or contract both parties should act professionally and with high business standards and morals.

Mercedes Benz USA should own this and be accountable for me being inconvenienced. It is now February 28th and still no car, and not one senior level executive has reached to me to make this right. Throughout this process the lack of responsiveness and customer service mentality as been lacking and definitely in question. Ultimately the sad part is that I still don't have a brand new car and what was supposed to be a proud day in my life has turned out to be a nightmare. E. **. Not sure at this point if I should cut my losses and to Audi. My feeling that I have lost faith in the Mercedes Benz brand. It would have been nice if a a senior executive would have had the decency to call me personally and claim ownership regarding my experience with MB Financial as well as customer care.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We purchased a 2010 GLK 350 with around 70,000 miles on it. It performed well for several years although the headlights do not light far enough down the road. The driver seat MB-Tex upholstery failed in two places very quickly. $1100 repair. At about 100,000 miles the car would not start. The electronic ignition system had to be replaced for $2000.

It had Takata airbags so my wife refused to drive it while we waited a year or so for them to be replaced. While waiting, the passenger door lock stopped working so that the door would not open. $1000 repair. About the time the airbags were replaced during the last year two other messages occurred on the dash. Problem with driver seatbelt connection and problem with the passenger seat sensor. $2400 to repair. We are ready to sell it to avoid more repairs.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

2013 E350 serviced every time it required service and every time informed them that the steering wheel tilt does not work - first time it was a software upgrade they installed - still did not fix the problem. Second time they found motor gear locked and unlocked it, again it did not fix the problem. 3rd time they made a steering adjustment and applied lube, and again it did not fix it. 4th time they want to replace the tilt motor for $1,300 and give me a 50% discount.

My position is that it is a chronic defect that was never fixed correctly and I should not have to pay anything. The car is now out of warranty approx. 55,000 miles and for me it is the principle and I will never purchase a Mercedes-Benz. This is my 3rd new vehicle with them and it did not matter nor have they treated me like a valued customer. My mistake was that I did not take the car back frequently when the steering wheel did not work - I waited until a regular service was needed and told them every time. A very sad ending. My recommendation - buy Lexus and you will not have this experience. Hard for me to say since I was born and raised in Germany.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My car was in the shop getting repaired buy Mercedes dealer and he spotted an issue with the paint, the clear coat is peeling off the car creating ugly patches. This is a known issue to MB since 2013. MB has been quietly fixing the cars and has even discontinued the Mars Red. My car is 2014 and has less than 50K. While it was in the shop Hendricks auto gave us an estimate of 5500 to fix the issue. MB said Henricks of Hickory were not OEM authorized so sent us the Hendricks in Charlotte whose estimate was 6500. Same company 2 different prices for estimates.

MB called us and told us they were willing to pay 1500 prorated. Granted had we known we would have not bought this car, Mercedes knew though. The dealer even said the some of the local car dealers will still sell the damaged cars and tell customers to go to MB, he basically gave us a heads up that MB was not going to do much if anything at all. The local dealers are not the only one MB was still selling the cars with the MARS RED paint and did not discontinue the color until 2017, shame on you MB.

I can say my dealer is someone I have been dealing with for the past 15 years. We have bought at least 10 cars there so I trust him. I am very disappointed in MB and have already decided to buy a Range Rover. I will no longer support a brand that does not stand behind their product and fleece their customers. This says to me MB does not give a damn because people are still going to buy, even their substandard products, the dealer basically said the MB don't care about their customers once the purchase is made. I am going to reach out to Action 9 news and have also filed a complaint with the BBB.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

In January of 2019 we each received our new leased vehicles, and 6 months of free MBRACE. I have used this service in the past and it was tolerable, though hardly worth the ridiculous price. What is provided currently is horrible. It takes forever for someone to answer, and each time I call, the people who answer neither speak nor understand English. Guaranteed that when the free period is over, it won't be continued, and I highly doubt I will use it when it's free.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I bought this car in Dec-2016. From day-1, I could hear a screeching sound when applying the brake. When I reported, I was told that it is because it's a new car and after few days it would stop. But I observed that this sound was not reducing at all and hence I took the car to the agency. I was told that they did some adjustments and the sound should cease now. I observed the same and one more agency visit did not resolve this issue. I have done annual maintenance/servicing in Dec-2017 & Dec-2018. Both the times I raised this issue but was never resolved.

After each servicing, I used to get a Customer Servicing Feedback form where I raised this issue - but again it was ignored and never got any reply. In fact the mail I am forwarding now is a proof of me completing the survey this Dec-2018. Can I request someone in Mercedes-Benz to address my issue. When I decided to buy a Mercedes-Benz (after evaluating against Audi & BMW) I was 100% sure that I will not face any technical issues. But alas, here I am struggling to get some in Mercedes-Benz to address my concern. Can I expect a response?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Bought a 100k 2018 AMG E43. Wonderful car with a digital dash. Not one issue with the vehicle. Always have driven Mercedes...but...MBrace is absolutely the worst app ever designed, second only to Mbrace customer service which is even worse. The Mercedes Me app never works and just times out or tells me the sunroof is open when it’s closed. Customer service clowns just say, "We are experiencing issues with the app," or, "Delete and reload the app on your phone..." Never anything helpful or useful. Calling them is a complete waste of time. $100k for a car that I cannot remote start. I love Mercedes but will consider BMW or Audi for my next car as the Mbrace experience is so darn maddening.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Nightmare experience. Was so excited to get my GLA 2015 4 years ago. I had been warned about repair costs but it is outrageous! I was driving on the highway, the car stopped accelerating and smoke went out of the back. The check engine light never came on. I was informed that it needs a new turbo and a water pump, $4700, and there “might” be engine damage. Both have been replaced and the check engine light is now on and the car has been in the shop for two weeks. The mechanic does not seem to know what’s going on or when I will get my car back. I will be getting this disaster of a junk box off my hands ASAP... Total money pit.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information