Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
Mercedes-Benz
1.78/5

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

686 Mercedes-Benz Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

I purchased a 2017 CLA 250 December 2016. I have less than 20,000 miles on the car. I don't live in the city but have had to replace two tires for what Mercedes calls a bubble. I've had numerous Mercedes and have never had this problem. I don't drive in the city, don't have speed bumps where I go. Mercedes say warrant doesn't cover this. Mercedes is only a name. The quality of their cars a lower than HONDA. You pay all this money and get nothing. The extended warranty is a hoax. How do you have an extended warranty that ends and you haven't used your original warranty. Then there is no warranty. Any car you buy now gives more than Mercedes. It's just the name, the car is overpriced and overrated.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have had 4 MB cars/SUV and the ownership and dealers are fine but the financial department needs work. I just turned a leased SUV and then went on a vacation for a week. After going through the mail I saw the ending bill for the lease return. That was approx a week old. I forgot to sent right away assuming I have a bit of time. Within a few days they start leaving VM on my phone. I paid it like 2 1/2-3 weeks later and they still call daily. I made 36 payments x 4 different cars all on time and then they feel that over 10 days is late?? Relax and treat your clients with some respect. They need some training on the financial end.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Please note that while this review pertains to a 2008 C300, I have spoken to owners of two newer model C300s, and the consensus among us is that reliability is far less than expected, and repairs are more frequent and more costly than we anticipated. Since owning this car, I have replaced several very expensive components, including a drive shaft and steering lock. During a single year, my repairs totaled $3,000. During the following year, repairs were $2,000. These are just two examples of a lengthy list of costly non-maintenance repairs.

When I questioned the dealership about this track record, the salesman said, "When customers ask me this, I tell them that it's to be expected with a high-quality vehicle." TRANSLATION: You aren't the only one who's had this experience. For me, the C300 is a low quality vehicle with a fancy emblem on the hood. I will never consider this brand again. If you decide to buy Mercedes, review buyer experiences before you do. You may save yourself a lot of heartache - and a lot of money.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have a GLC 300 4WD 2016, running at low mileage of 19,000 in 2 1/2 years. The brakes have a weird sound when applying reverse gear and hit the brakes. MB mechanic had no idea what happened and hasn't been able to fix it. So the brakes have to be replaced. But the labor costs of fixing this has to be the customers paying for it? I've been asking services department management and customer care from MBUSA, they all stated that no warranty coverage from the issue of brakes. Especially customers have to pay to get fixed even though we as a customer that has been negligence. This’s an issue of manufacturing products issues!!! But MBUSA makes the customers pay for the maintenance costs!!! If anyone buy a MB nowadays, be aware of this issue. When products and services come to have problem without company policies will cover, they will reject to pay and cover even though the customers were right!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My thoughts about Mercedes Benz Financial and Customer Care I'm completely unhappy, disenchanted and disappointed with Mercedes Benz Financial and Mercedes Benz Customer Care. To give you a timeline of events I leased a brand new AMG C 43 2019 MB on February 9th 2019 and exactly 3 days later the engine light went on and as of today February 26th the Mercedes Benz mechanics have yet been able to remove the engine light. Hence as of today my out pocket costs have been over 5,000 not including the ceramic tints I put on the new car all for nothing.

At this point I have filed a grievance with Mercedes Benz Customer service and they have commenced the Buy Back Process which they say takes 24 hour period before someone can reach out to me. That was 4 days ago and still no call or email from someone from Mercedes Benz to address my concerns absolutely ridiculous. All the while all I have heard in regards to customer service is, "Mr. ** you have to understand we didn't manufacturer the car, you signed a contract." Excuse me, yes I did sign a lease agreement but at this point services have not been rendered and in order to have an agreement and or contract both parties should act professionally and with high business standards and morals.

Mercedes Benz USA should own this and be accountable for me being inconvenienced. It is now February 28th and still no car, and not one senior level executive has reached to me to make this right. Throughout this process the lack of responsiveness and customer service mentality as been lacking and definitely in question. Ultimately the sad part is that I still don't have a brand new car and what was supposed to be a proud day in my life has turned out to be a nightmare. E. **. Not sure at this point if I should cut my losses and to Audi. My feeling that I have lost faith in the Mercedes Benz brand. It would have been nice if a a senior executive would have had the decency to call me personally and claim ownership regarding my experience with MB Financial as well as customer care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We purchased a 2010 GLK 350 with around 70,000 miles on it. It performed well for several years although the headlights do not light far enough down the road. The driver seat MB-Tex upholstery failed in two places very quickly. $1100 repair. At about 100,000 miles the car would not start. The electronic ignition system had to be replaced for $2000.

It had Takata airbags so my wife refused to drive it while we waited a year or so for them to be replaced. While waiting, the passenger door lock stopped working so that the door would not open. $1000 repair. About the time the airbags were replaced during the last year two other messages occurred on the dash. Problem with driver seatbelt connection and problem with the passenger seat sensor. $2400 to repair. We are ready to sell it to avoid more repairs.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

2013 E350 serviced every time it required service and every time informed them that the steering wheel tilt does not work - first time it was a software upgrade they installed - still did not fix the problem. Second time they found motor gear locked and unlocked it, again it did not fix the problem. 3rd time they made a steering adjustment and applied lube, and again it did not fix it. 4th time they want to replace the tilt motor for $1,300 and give me a 50% discount.

My position is that it is a chronic defect that was never fixed correctly and I should not have to pay anything. The car is now out of warranty approx. 55,000 miles and for me it is the principle and I will never purchase a Mercedes-Benz. This is my 3rd new vehicle with them and it did not matter nor have they treated me like a valued customer. My mistake was that I did not take the car back frequently when the steering wheel did not work - I waited until a regular service was needed and told them every time. A very sad ending. My recommendation - buy Lexus and you will not have this experience. Hard for me to say since I was born and raised in Germany.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My car was in the shop getting repaired buy Mercedes dealer and he spotted an issue with the paint, the clear coat is peeling off the car creating ugly patches. This is a known issue to MB since 2013. MB has been quietly fixing the cars and has even discontinued the Mars Red. My car is 2014 and has less than 50K. While it was in the shop Hendricks auto gave us an estimate of 5500 to fix the issue. MB said Henricks of Hickory were not OEM authorized so sent us the Hendricks in Charlotte whose estimate was 6500. Same company 2 different prices for estimates.

MB called us and told us they were willing to pay 1500 prorated. Granted had we known we would have not bought this car, Mercedes knew though. The dealer even said the some of the local car dealers will still sell the damaged cars and tell customers to go to MB, he basically gave us a heads up that MB was not going to do much if anything at all. The local dealers are not the only one MB was still selling the cars with the MARS RED paint and did not discontinue the color until 2017, shame on you MB.

I can say my dealer is someone I have been dealing with for the past 15 years. We have bought at least 10 cars there so I trust him. I am very disappointed in MB and have already decided to buy a Range Rover. I will no longer support a brand that does not stand behind their product and fleece their customers. This says to me MB does not give a damn because people are still going to buy, even their substandard products, the dealer basically said the MB don't care about their customers once the purchase is made. I am going to reach out to Action 9 news and have also filed a complaint with the BBB.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

In January of 2019 we each received our new leased vehicles, and 6 months of free MBRACE. I have used this service in the past and it was tolerable, though hardly worth the ridiculous price. What is provided currently is horrible. It takes forever for someone to answer, and each time I call, the people who answer neither speak nor understand English. Guaranteed that when the free period is over, it won't be continued, and I highly doubt I will use it when it's free.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I bought this car in Dec-2016. From day-1, I could hear a screeching sound when applying the brake. When I reported, I was told that it is because it's a new car and after few days it would stop. But I observed that this sound was not reducing at all and hence I took the car to the agency. I was told that they did some adjustments and the sound should cease now. I observed the same and one more agency visit did not resolve this issue. I have done annual maintenance/servicing in Dec-2017 & Dec-2018. Both the times I raised this issue but was never resolved.

After each servicing, I used to get a Customer Servicing Feedback form where I raised this issue - but again it was ignored and never got any reply. In fact the mail I am forwarding now is a proof of me completing the survey this Dec-2018. Can I request someone in Mercedes-Benz to address my issue. When I decided to buy a Mercedes-Benz (after evaluating against Audi & BMW) I was 100% sure that I will not face any technical issues. But alas, here I am struggling to get some in Mercedes-Benz to address my concern. Can I expect a response?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Bought a 100k 2018 AMG E43. Wonderful car with a digital dash. Not one issue with the vehicle. Always have driven Mercedes...but...MBrace is absolutely the worst app ever designed, second only to Mbrace customer service which is even worse. The Mercedes Me app never works and just times out or tells me the sunroof is open when it’s closed. Customer service clowns just say, "We are experiencing issues with the app," or, "Delete and reload the app on your phone..." Never anything helpful or useful. Calling them is a complete waste of time. $100k for a car that I cannot remote start. I love Mercedes but will consider BMW or Audi for my next car as the Mbrace experience is so darn maddening.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Nightmare experience. Was so excited to get my GLA 2015 4 years ago. I had been warned about repair costs but it is outrageous! I was driving on the highway, the car stopped accelerating and smoke went out of the back. The check engine light never came on. I was informed that it needs a new turbo and a water pump, $4700, and there “might” be engine damage. Both have been replaced and the check engine light is now on and the car has been in the shop for two weeks. The mechanic does not seem to know what’s going on or when I will get my car back. I will be getting this disaster of a junk box off my hands ASAP... Total money pit.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I purchased a 2018 MB GLE 350 4 months ago with the expectation that the vehicle would have certain functioning amenities. WRONG!! I now own a $70,000 car that cannot even be started remotely because the Mercedes Me app NEVER works! I have to physically walk outside every morning and start the thing to warm up. I’ve called numerous times and am always told the app is down and being worked on. I’m sorry, but if this is true, they need better IT personal because millions of apps work perfectly well all the time.

You will not receive any customer service and your level of frustration will increase exponentially with every call. The vehicle also lacks other ‘basic’ options such as a touchscreen radio/GPS, horrible voice recognition without your iPhone attached. (Thank God for Apple Play or the entire enter system would be basically useless!) The seat warmer and defroster does not come on automatically. On the rare occasion the remote start does work so after 10 minutes your windshield is still covered with ice, and I could go on with more issues but will stop there. I’ve always owned Jeep Grand Cherokees and wish more than anything I still did!!! Seriously, do not waste your money on a MB, read all the reviews carefully and save yourself the disappointment!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

mbrace Mercedes is waste of money. The app never works. Most of the time you can't even start the app. When you start it, it cannot locate, lock, or start the car remotely 9 out of 10 times. When you call the customer service, you have to wait a long time and at the end the issue remains.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Purchased a 2010 E550 Mercedes in August 2018. I have been having issues with an odor inside of the car and the air suspension going out when the car is sitting. Mercedes told me to contact the dealership for a diagnosis, which is $195. And to ask them to help me cover the costs. If the dealership does not - to contact Mercedes back. The car only has 85,000 miles on it.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My experience has been nothing but a disaster from both Mercedes-Benz dealership in Kansas and MO. They are very racist against people of color especially to women. I've never been treated so bad. You never get offered the same services as other individuals. This makes it very upsetting that I purchased this vehicle. After the salesperson was confronted about his behavior now he wants to try and pretend it didn't take place. Yes it did happen and he needs to own up to it. He doesn't need to work with the public. I don't recommend purchasing a vehicle from them to be humiliated.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have very bad experience with Mercedes Benz. I have two recalls. I have battery problem. It cost me $2,300. My car is 200K but the quality is rubbish. After recall, I have to walk to the North service centre from train station because they don't answer to my telephone call for pick up. When I check the rate of Mercedes Benz, it is 27th which is bottom. The past glorious time is gone. It is absolutely rubbish. Anyone buy Mercedes Bend I call he or she is HOKU, which means foolish people.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I am very disappointed about how Mercedes-Benz being so irresponsible of the subpar products which they do not stand behind. My friend purchased a brand new Sprinter back in 2017. After less than a year and just over 24K miles, the car had failed to accelerate with very noticeable knocking noise coming from engine compartment. My friend took it to Mercedes-Benz of Brooklyn and was given a lame explanation of cause by water buildup. He was given an estimate of almost $30K to replace the whole engine assembly. How ridiculous! The price tag for the truck is about 60K and less than a year and under 25K miles later, it needs a new engine! I can never imagine a brand name like Mercedes-Benz would produce a subpar product like this and yet refuses to stand behind. I do not think it is the right approach to retain existing customers and attracting new customers. I would give 5 thumbs down if I had the choice.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I placed an order for a Mercedes S class through a leasing company in October, for January delivery. Having placed the order I asked the leasing company for confirmation that the car had been allocated by MB. The leasing company suggested I complain to MB and ask them to confirm allocation. I had both written and MB at that time and they seemed to be responsive to my complaint. I then had a call from a woman from MD in Holland and she confirmed that the car had been issued for production, with delivery in Mid January. I contacted the leasing company who subsequently confirmed that the dealer still had no confirmation of allocation. My attempts subsequently to clarify the situation have been a complete waste of time.

MB Europe now consider that it is not a problem they will discuss because I don't have a contract directly with them and now it seems the conversation I had about delivery in January is a figment of my imagination. It never happened. In other words I am either an imbecile or a liar. The attitude I get from MB is it's nothing that they will comment on. Just completely abandon any responsibility to meet their obligations and commitments. They have the nerve to challenge what I say when I have it in writing. Anyway, needless to say, I'm appalled that they just couldn't give a damn.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I recently bought Mercedes 2018 GLC SUV and really liked the car and upgraded the speakers to Burmester. Thought it would give me a good feel in the car with the music but I am totally disappointed with the audio system and I would rate 1 STAR for the speakers and 4 STAR for the car.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

In one year I’ve had to take my vehicle into the dealership twice, both times for the rear wheel being bent sideways. Mercedes technicians say the wheel (just the wheel) was hit to cause the damages, two times in one year the same wheel bends sideways??? Mercedes will not take any responsibility for either manufacturing defect, poor workmanship or incomplete work. I’m trying now to get Mercedes Benz to stop washing their hands and blaming the consumer(s) on a clearly manufacturing problem. If anyone has had the same issues with their vehicle, please let me know. This GLE43 AMG is a lemon!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was so disappointed when my husband gave me a keychain purchased at Mercedes Benz for Christmas to go with my new car, an E400. He bought it because it looked like it was Made in Germany. When I removed the tag, Mercedes had covered up the MADE IN CHINA sticker. I for one, refuse to purchase anything MADE IN CHINA, so I returned it. I believe Mercedes should show where their products are manufactured. There are a lot of us in the USA that do not want to continue to provide our hard earned capitalistic dollars to a communist country. Feeling cheated and deceived.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

After purchasing brand new 2016 c300, I had two major problems to my car. After a year, on highway speeds after applying breaks the car started shaking really bad. I took the car to my local dealer from where I bought the car. They said the brake pads need to be replaced. Second time, fuel smell started coming inside the vehicle while driving or when it’s parked in my garage. This time, the fuel pipe was leaking. Both the repairs were done properly by my dealer and I was charged $0 since the vehicle is still under warranty. I also got loaner car for the time my car was at the dealer. Very happy with the service provided by dealer and Mercedes!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The cup and armrest facility between the front seats is empty. The passenger seats except the front don't recline to allow for back support and sleeping positions for passengers. The seat and headrest design doesn't allow for the back and neck contact to ensure support even when a standard neck pillow is used.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Vehicle engine failed after this brand new vehicle had only 23 miles on it. Stunningly poor quality for a Mercedes. I’ve owned other MB vehicles without issue. But it feels as if quality control, from delivery of vehicle to end product, has massively deteriorated. My advice, buy another brand.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

In my opinion, the forward collision avoidance system (AEB) in my 7 mo. old 2018 Mercedes C300 SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK. I special ordered the car with the 997 pkg that includes, Driver Assistance, BAS+, and Distronic. I have been close enough to stopped or slowed down vehicles on the highway, that it should have at least alerted me (beeped) if not started to auto brake. During my 8,000 miles of driving, I have had cars cut in front of me or turn in front (as they went through a red light) and there has been no alert much less any braking.

In addition, I was surprised to find that this vehicle apparently DOES NOT HAVE rear cross traffic alert other than perhaps from 2 feet away. That is, if I am backing up and there is traffic coming from the side, there is no alert! Even worse, if there is a pedestrian BEHIND the car or walking behind it, there is no alert other than if they are 1-2' away which is much too close to be able to stop. Granted, the rear camera works fine, but if my head is turned to look back as I am backing up, I cannot see the screen on the dash.

The MB manual states: “If active brake assist detects that there is a risk of collision, you will BE WARNED VISUALLY AND ACOUSTICALLY. If you do not react AUTONOMOUS BRAKING CAN BE INITIATED IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.” And further that “autonomous braking works at 4-124mph for moving objects and 4-31 mph for stationary objects.” I have made at least 4 visits to two different MB dealers and all they will tell me is that “their computer shows no problem.” They are unwilling to drive the car to attempt to simulate when AEB should work. All of these are common features on many $35,000 vehicles in 2018; I have driven some of them and the alerts and auto braking + rear cross traffic and rear pedestrian alert works very well. MB corporate is incredibly uncooperative which is truly shocking for a company that prides itself on its safety record and reputation.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

With under 40,000 at the initial start of the check engine light coming on which no one else besides MB has ever serviced, I had to get the balance shaft replaced in the motor at my total expense. From reading reviews and information from this page and other pages they said it was best to take the car back to the dealer for this type of job. I tried other Mercedes dealerships in Cleveland: North Olmsted gave me a phone estimate of $10,000, Mercedes-Benz of Willoughby Leikin said they were too small to handle such a big job so I ended up taking the car back to Mercedes Benz of Bedford where I originally purchase it for a mere

$7,036.51.

I associate this cost with me being **, female, prior neg. post and phone calls. This was the worse purchase I have ever made in my life and I would NEVER buy another Mercedes. They do not stand behind their merchandise. I think they tossed a coin to see who was going to service me (after corporate calls, because Bedford where I originally purchased the car new, never called me back). My conclusion: once the car is out of warranty they really don't want your business, unless it's to trade the car in on a new one and they resell your old one for a mint. I know people are in business to make money but when your product falls short of what it claims to be I feel you are obligated to provide some type of relief. Word of mouth is the best advertisement you can get. When the words of many mouths is a negative experience in the end you lose. By the way Mercedes USA was a waste of my time. They did absolutely nothing.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I bought Mercedes E350D 2016 from Mercedes Liverpool about 2 months ago. 16k on the clock, manufacturer approved. On the way home I noticed that the car starts to vibrate when I press the brakes. I contacted Mercedes Liverpool and they said that I need to go to the nearest Mercedes and fix it and they will cover all costs. I paid £1200 to change brake pads and disks and rear alloy wheel. Mercedes-Benz of Liverpool did not pay me anything, they keep saying my different stories.

They said that they already sent money into my account, then they said that they issued check 2 weeks ago, then they said they need to get an approval from head office and so on. When I contacted Mercedes Customer Service, they replied to me saying that Mercedes-Benz of Liverpool had already paid me by the check so I had to go back to Liverpool to confirm that but they said: "No we are still getting an approval from head office." Absolutely useless service!!! Worst service ever.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I purchased a tire warranty from them and they assured me that a nail in the tire would be covered and they would replace the tire at no cost! They LIED. Now they claim that there is a clause that states that the tire has to be a certain level (WETF) that means in order for it to be covered - bottom line Mercedes Benz FLEECES customers - no wonder the product has become trash!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I had a 2015 smart car. When my lease was over I turned the car in and got a 2018 smart. This happened on July 2018. On Aug 15, 2018 someone used the 2015 smart car with my expired inspection sticker and got a traffic ticket, when I got the ticket in the mail I contacted the salesperson Nicole ** in the Manhattan office, sent her the ticket, my new inspection sticker, the new car registration card and all she asked for, by text. Now it is October 21 2018. And they have not done anything to correct this issue. Horrible experience, it seems they do not take responsibility for their wrongdoing.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information