Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz

3.2/5 (1839 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is an in-house financing provider for vehicles from Mercedes-Benz and other brands under its parent company, Daimler AG. It provides an online payment calculator, and you can apply online or at a local dealership to get preapproved. After your purchase, you can manage your account and make secure payments online.

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes-Benz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I have 2016 Mercedes GLA45 with 21000 miles. I drive the car less than 4000 miles a year. The funny thing is that as soon as the warranty expired last year, everything started to go wrong. Not even 2 months after expiration, the speed sensors in the back wheels went bad causing me to be stranded on the highway because the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree and becomes dangerous to drive. Had it towed to the dealer where I was charged over $800 to replace the sensors. Keep in mind these sensors cost $23 each. MB dealers nowadays think they can charge whatever comes to mind leaving you with not too many options. Fast forward 6 months and this time the sensors from the front wheels failed. Leaving me stranded once again.

This time I took the car to an independent shop and to my surprise the cost of replacing the sensors came to $203. Not to mention how much dealers charge for maintenance. They charge almost 3 times more than independent shops. Apart from these inconveniences, the build quality is not even close to other brands. They now use cheap plastics and sourced part. The gaps on doors, hood and hatchback are not symmetrical. Car is noisy while driving. Passenger airbag activates and deactivates whenever it feels like it. Cheap leather is used. Sound system is the worst. In conclusion, the build quality of MB has gone down the drain. Any Japanese or Korean car has better build quality and service. Will not buy another MB from now on. I truly regret getting this car.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

My father leased Benz GLE on 3 year term in March 2022. Sadly, he passed away in July. I returned the car to a local dealership instructed by Benz financial customer service on promise that the lease would be terminated without any penalties or further financial obligation. Two weeks later, I found out that the Benz will hold us responsible for the remainder of the lease term which is over 32 weeks remaining over $45,000 and the very car we turned has been on sale at the dealership for $65,000 exactly same price my father contracted in March.

Shocking and unbelievable yet nobody at Benz Financial finds it ridiculous. You can go to jail if you steal a pack of gum at a store. Benz somehow repossesses the car by misleading the customer and is not willing to give the customer apology, money back, nor car back and is going to sell the car to someone else to double the profit and still police is not going after him.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

The only way to remote start a Mercedes is with their app. This app spends more time down than any consumer facing app. They should rename this app to System Error. Mercedes used to be the brand of exceptional luxury and quality. This is the new Mercedes. The only part of this program that works without bugs is the billing. They don't miss a single month of drafting their 30 odd dollars and ensure that part of the app always works. Nothing else is reliable. Sadly this is the only way to use remote start too, so Mercedes is now basically the only car on the market with no remote start. Sadly their quality control had left Mercedes in the dust even falling behind even brands like Hyundai and Kia. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Very very bad experience. I would suggest no one ever to buy this car. Super expensive. I'm only driver. Have little mileage on it since I'm stay at home mom. Still it made weird sound and they say wheel bearing is gone. No reasons why. Nothing explained that too. Only one side. Charged my 250 only to tell me this and 1400 for new wheel bearing. Mind you cost of wheel bearing 200 only so charging 1200+ for service still no sure. No explanation of anything. Nobody answers anything. Just say sorry and rip your pockets. I wish I could give less than one star but no option. NEVER NEVER EVER buy Mercedes.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I've had a subscription to Mercedes and me for 8 years and have spent $2,280 for the security and services it provides. I have no problems with the service. But last month I received a letter from Mercedes & me stating after December 2022 the service will no longer be available to 2014 MB models because they are converting to g5 and my 2014 MB is not compatible with G5. This is totally unacceptable and a flat out lie "If you're among the 86 percent of the population who are concerned that the recent rollouts of 5G networks will make your 4G equipment obsolete, there's no need to worry. 4G will still work on a 5G network, they just won't get 5G speed." So why is Mercedes Benz throwing their G4 customers under the bus? It's all about money forcing customers into a lesser grade service that doesn't offer the same level of service or options.

Original review: July 3, 2022

Leased a brand new 2020 AMG GTC Roadster 2/2021. On the drive home got first error message and noticed busted subwoofer. After that engine lights. Then engine lights again. Then 4(!!!) simultaneous error messages. Multiple knocking sounds. Overall, $189k car has been in the shop with 10 different issues for about 70 days. Customer service from MBUSA is truly disgusting. Ignoring multiple calls and messages and multiple emails. Asked them multiple times to take car back and they refused. Have to thru lemon process to get rid off this piece of junk. Never offered apology or any sort of mediation for the experience. How in the world they are allowed to sell products they cannot support is beyond me.

Original review: June 28, 2022

My Mercedes Sprinter is 6 months old. It has given me nothing but problems. I live in Florida. This vehicle has broken down twice for the same problem. I am currently in Utah. It has been in a Mercedes’ dealer for repair for over three weeks. No one is helpful or has a clue how to get a part to get the car on the road. The dealership nor anyone else can tell me when the broken part will be in stock. It is just about impossible to talk to someone at Mercedes customer service without being in hold for at least 40 minutes on hold if anyone answers at all. I get no timeline or satisfaction on when I can expect to get my vehicle working again.

This is a lesson in frustration. I previously had several Lexus vehicles. The difference is like night and day. Lexus customer service is exceptional. With Mercedes’ it seems like an oxymoron. There is no customer service. I’m am going to continuously blast Mercedes in any site I can until this matter is resolved. It takes at least 40 minutes on hold until a useless rep has no clew about resolution.

Steer clear of Mercedes. Lexus Is top notch from start to finish. Mercedes Please contact me at ** to help get this resolved. It’s been in the Three shop for over 3 weeks. No person that I encountered is any help with assistance. It’s been pass the blame down the road. You all deserve better. Ditch Mercedes. Buy from a brand that cares about its customers. This experience with Mercedes has been hellish.

Original review: June 15, 2022

My name is Tia, yesterday myself and a friend of mine went to the Benz dealership in hopes of purchasing a vehicle. She was more than interested in the above vehicle. We worked with salesperson Mike, and he was pleasant and knowledgeable. I was doing most of the talking because as you can see, I’m in the industry. My husband and I have purchased and serviced a few vehicles from and at the BMW dealership, so we have relationship with your dealership. We loved working with Jackson who referred my friend to Mike at Benz. After speaking with Mike, I asked if there was any wiggle room for negotiation on the selling price of the vehicle. He stated he’ll ask the manager. I told Mike, "Have the manager come over. Maybe I’ll be able to ask nicely."

Joe ** came. Overstated he willing to negotiate the price and he stood on that. Ok I understand. Again I’m in the business and things have changed for all of us. He then noticed I crossed out the VIN etch fee and nitro fill fee. And he told me that I HAD to pay for this optional service. Now I’m stunted!!!! I said to Joe, "No I don’t have to pay for this and that it clearly states on your purchase order that it's optional meaning I’m not obligated to purchase this." He then straight up told me we he wasn’t selling me the car if I didn’t take this service. I know and you know that illegal to tell a customer. Now I feel like it's discrimination!!

I am a woman of ** decent and he was discriminating against me. One I’m a woman, 2 I’m a ** woman and 3 I’m a ** woman who he thinks isn't knowledgeable. I’m so very disappointed that Joe ** felt the need to tell me that my friend couldn’t purchase a vehicle because she is refusing an optional service. I really feel like this had everything to do with my skin color and gender. I believe in my option Joe ** is a racist and bigot!!!!

Original review: June 8, 2022

I have had the car for a few months and I'm very unhappy with it. I was overcharged at Mercedes of Knoxville. I would not recommend this dealership. This car was misrepresented to me. I'm very unhappy with the voice activation. All these technological Innovations designed into the automobile have a number of problems them. I would not recommend the car to anybody. When the voice activation is so far behind what Google has to offer makes it difficult to use all of the built-in technology. You cannot get all the advantages of the technology that is built into the car. The service was awful and they're not able to understand the technology themselves. Overall the E450 is highly overrated and would not recommend to anybody.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I purchased a vehicle last April from out of state. I traveled to the dealership in Denver to inspect the vehicle and make sure everything was ok, which it was, so I paid up, signed the papers and returned to my home state, with the promise by salesmen John ** and Dmitri ** that they would handle the collection and transportation of my car two days later with the utmost professionalism.

When the transportation company arrived to this dealership two days later to pick up my car, the truck driver recorded numerous scratches on body and windshield, and what's even worse, they ENTERED A FALSE ODOMETER READING ON THE COLLECTION PAPERWORK! The truck driver inflated the odometer reading by adding 120 miles, I found out later that this was done so the truck driver himself could drive MY car for his personal use here in my home state before delivering it to me (Crazy huh?).

The vehicle was recovered a couple of days later by me from the truck driver himself, with damage but yet it still had less miles than what it was picked up with from the Westminster dealership. –imagine that. Sales Manager Eugene ** washed his hands from this, even though Mr. ** signed and authorized the legal paperwork pertaining to Bill of Laden of the car with a false odometer reading and “allegedly” non-existent damage on the car. When I confronted Dmitri about this his response was “Well, we never really check that paperwork when we sign it...”. I was speechless… Transportation company alleges that this damage was already on the car at pick up from Denver, and well, Dmitri DID IN FACT sign the paper with that "alleged" damage and the over-stated odometer reading, so... If this is not gross negligence then I don’t know what is. I’d stay away from this place.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information