Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz

3.2/5 (1849 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is an in-house financing provider for vehicles from Mercedes-Benz and other brands under its parent company, Daimler AG. It provides an online payment calculator, and you can apply online or at a local dealership to get preapproved. After your purchase, you can manage your account and make secure payments online.

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I brought my 2017 GLE350 in as the rear brakes were metal to metal. First question is how does this happen when they are supposed to have sensors to tell me I need pads? Why did the rear brakes go out before the front one? So when I learned the estimate of the total cost I said I can get brakes done for less money. Of course I was told that if they found something wrong, the other place would not fix it under warranty. I was clearly thinking this would be covered as the sensor didn't work. Well, I was told I was wrong and they gave me a bill for $1210 for Rear brakes. That was with a $100 discount.

I went home and looked up the prices of the parts. They upcharged me for parts by $166.31. I was not having it. So I went back to show them on their own website the pricing of each part. They told me they can charge whatever they want as they are privately owned. I argued with them I should have been told I would be upcharged and that I should have the option of going to their website and purchasing the parts myself. Both men were Rude and I felt totally embarrassed as to how I was being spoken to.

As a woman walking in and being spoken to like that - they should be ashamed. The service Manager told me that was the way it was due to it being privately owned. I then said I would contact the BBB and he said go ahead! he then told me he would refund me $150 and I said it was $166.31. He said OK to that and then said, you are NOT welcome back here. Did he think I would go back there anyway? He was completely unprofessional and rude. I already changed one person's mind about going there for a car. It's not worth it. I feel MB likes to take advantage of their clients thinking we have money trees in the yard. They are a disgrace and treat clients horrible!! During this incident with me, there was a commotion out in the service area and they came back in stating a "Disgruntled employee" HMMMMMM....I wonder why....If they treat customers bad, I wonder how they treat their employees? I am literally SMH!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

If you are going to purchase or lease a Mercedes Benz, you better carry a tent in your trunk as their Roadside Assistance takes many hours and in some cases days to respond. This is not isolated but extremely common.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

I have purchased Mercedes since 1975 and over the years contributed millions to service and buying your cars. Recently I experienced the worst service I have ever experienced since 1975. I had no idea Mercedes had gone so far downhill. Not only did you have my car in service for an entire month because you had a shortage of laborers and could not get to it but you had no loaners either. So I spent a fortune on a car rental just because you had no mechanics. Also you would not honor my extended $3600.00 warranty which I still pay $50.00 a month for in my contract and have NEVER used. You wouldn’t cover a measly $1900.00 fuel pump. I will never buy another Mercedes again and since I am still paying for this one I may have you repo it and quit payments…I was treated like garbage. No one was nice, no one returned my calls no one gave a damn. Deplorable service…I could get more from a sleazy used car lot.

I won’t need Mercedes Financial again because this was the worst experience of my entire life in dealing with Mercedes. I am seriously thinking about quitting payments just to get somebody to pay attention to my dire situation and that is pathetic. When you bless someone and they curse you. You then become the cursed. I have blessed Mercedes for years investing in new engines (my 82 is still on the road). I have overpaid for cars over and over because I was so happy with the service provided. But this experience on 12/6/22 has been a nightmare beyond my wildest disappointment. I have been treated like garbage….after being a loyal customer all over the world since 1975. and I can't get anyone's attention. Everyone in your customer service are liars and do not return calls and frankly don’t give a damn. Well then neither do I. I may have you repo it just because I am so upset and infuriated.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

When I purchased my Mercedes EQS580 all electric vehicle a few weeks ago, I was ecstatic. I was told the first 30 minutes of charging are free. So I do the math, on the Mercedes website they tell you, "Cost of Ownership", about $540 a year less than a conventional vehicle. This is great. Let's go electric. Heck a bonus is Mercedes is paying for the charging, the first 30 minutes are free, did I say the first 30 minutes are FREE. Well for those purchasing electric, read the fine print, the very very non existing fine print. Maybe it's on a website that the sales associate sets up for you. Mercedes gives you a Mercedes Me Connect Charge Point RFID card reader. THis card will allow you to charge at Charge Point stations. The sales person will show you on your car computer where to go. Did the sales person tell me that I would pay a parking fee to sit in the spot to charge, NO.

Does Mercedes application on the touchscreen in the vehicle tell you which charger you connect to will be free or pay for, NO. Is there a way to talk to a Mercedes person at Mercedes USA, not a store, NO. Mercedes does not even have their email or chat on their website active. How long has this been. Buyer beWare, this is the country we live in, even when buying one of the most expensive cars on the market. I am not happy at all and if I were a lawyer, the right lawyer, I would see if this results in a class action, not just for Mercedes, but for all electric vehicles. I guess Tesla maybe the way to go. I bet I do not pay to sit in their spot if I have a Tesla. Do your research. I did not and now I am very displeased with how Mercedes is purporting their FREE 30 minutes of Charge. It is not FREE.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I own a 17 C43 amg station wagon and the navigation does not work in the republic of Cyprus. This is a European Union member since 2004 and a European made car does not support the maps and navigation? Ridiculous to say the least!!! Mercedes, look at your customers rather than your domestic affairs.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Their service is poor, they charges illegal charges at the time of buying my. Everyone that buy a car here their service is the worst on Puerto Rico, by this horrible business named Garage Isla Verde LLC. And MBUSA don’t do nothing.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

My Mercedes was too dangerous to drive when it was 71,000 miles, and had completed 6 routine services. I wondered while my car was in the service why there wasn’t any mechanic or service advisor informing me about the rust problems until the brake lines and sub frame were rusted out and close to failure. During the period of my ownership, my car had several mechanical issues and was towed several times. You wouldn't expect that a prestigious car like Mercedes would have to go in and out of the service so often, especially since I always park my car in the garage and never get submerged in water. The last advice they gave me was sell it to the junkyard or commit insurance fraud. They told me that there wasn’t any customer service for me to complain about, instead they persuaded me to buy another Mercedes-Benzes!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

My MB S550 with 76000 miles developed a "Check Engine" warning light. My local MB Dealership is quoting more than $11000 to fix the problem. Fault Code 1200 and 1208. No engine with 76000 miles should require a balance shaft, and exhaust cam repair requiring the engine to be removed from the vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

My brand new Mercedes had <1000 kms on it and it dies at a set of traffic lights with the error 'Transmission Malfunction'. - Slip ring came loose in the transmission. Not great but failures like that happen in many products. It's now been 11 days without a vehicle and not even a loaner from their service department available. Very likely the last Mercedes I will purchase in my lifetime.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Within two months and driving less than 1200 miles I have had to take my 2013 Mercedes GL 450 to the service department to repair the same complaint that I initially brought the vehicle in for. The service department told me that all of the repairs would be resolved with a bill of 14,000.00 (for an engine leak and rear lift and suspension). I figured that since my car is paid off that I would charge the money on my credit card and pay it off within a year. Within three weeks and less that 1100 miles later, I brought the car back to the shop for the same issue that I initially brought it in for.

Instead of resolving the issue for free, they charged me an additional 2100 dollars. I had no choice but to pay it because the local service departments do not have the parts for this car and would have to order it through Mercedes anyway. So I paid an additional 2,100 dollars. Within a week, I had to bring the car back to the service department and now they want to charge me an additional 3,100 dollars for fluid related to the engine. I will lodge a complaint for sure but the fact remains that I keep getting charged for repairs that should have been taken care of when I was promised that ALL issues would be resolved.

This SUV only has 110,000 miles! I can't afford another surprise and will have to go with a Ford, Toyota or an SUV that will not cost me these types of expensive and unresolved repairs. When the GL 450 is running, it runs really good but unfortunately the parts and the repairs are so expensive it only makes sense to acquire a car payment with a vehicle that lasts longer with parts and labor that the average American can afford.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information