Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
Mercedes-Benz
2.38/5

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

658 Mercedes-Benz Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I purchased a tire warranty from them and they assured me that a nail in the tire would be covered and they would replace the tire at no cost! They LIED. Now they claim that there is a clause that states that the tire has to be a certain level (WETF) that means in order for it to be covered - bottom line Mercedes Benz FLEECES customers - no wonder the product has become trash!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I had a 2015 smart car. When my lease was over I turned the car in and got a 2018 smart. This happened on July 2018. On Aug 15, 2018 someone used the 2015 smart car with my expired inspection sticker and got a traffic ticket, when I got the ticket in the mail I contacted the salesperson Nicole ** in the Manhattan office, sent her the ticket, my new inspection sticker, the new car registration card and all she asked for, by text. Now it is October 21 2018. And they have not done anything to correct this issue. Horrible experience, it seems they do not take responsibility for their wrongdoing.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We were delivered this car in April 2017. After less than 10,000 we have had to replace 2 Tires. After many conversation with the Lawrenceville Dealership in NJ where we were told that indeed the car is too heavy for the tires. No solutions was offered other than for me to pay more money to have the tires changed. Mercedes is aware they are selling a defective product that can potentially be life threatening and they are doing nothing about it.

I then e-mailed the corporate offices and was contacted by an agent who tried to work a resolution where we would still pay over 2000 and had to give those tires we paid a premium for, back to them (SCAM)... As a matter of principle and the fact that I can get better tires without them or their HELP... we refused the Great deal!! Nevertheless STAY AWAY... Looks like they don't care if you are stranded in the middle of no-where or if you die as the tires fall apart while you drive or like in my case while the car is parked in the garage!! Worse experience ever, I will get ready of this junk!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I was sent a letter by Mercedes mbrace to activate the 6 months trial, on the new vehicle I purchased. The agent harassed me to buy the product, and to provide my credit card information. This is a free trial, I think is abusive to ask for my cc info. My experience was horrible, I suggest Mercedes Mbrace to review the quality of their customer service.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Mercedes-Benz dealership service in Pembroke Pines is the worse unprofessional people that I ever encountered on my experiences with Mercedes-Benz. From the service manager to the technicians, (if you can call them that way) they simply do not know what are they doing. There is no difference taking your vehicle to this place or a regular shop in 441 in Hollywood fl. In fact, you probably not going to have this bad service at ridiculous prices and you can be treated with most respect and professionalism.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Horrible service by Mercedes Benz USA and Auto Nation - Car turbo/engine seized according to service department. Maintenance receipts were provided. Car only had 17k miles on it. 2016. They would not warranty the engine even though records were provided. Left me without a car and expected me to pay for it out of pockets over $8000. The car was drivable when I brought it to the shop, was there 3 weeks then they said engine stopped. Sounds more like whatever they tried to repair they caused more damage and Mercedes-Benz USA no warranty.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I bought a 2006 S65 AMG 2 years ago with 72000 miles. This car has been nothing of a money pit. I found the original owner and he supplied me with receipts for repairs that totaled $7000. Within the first few months owning this, I had to replace the front strut... $3000. One year later, the ABC system hose failed draining all the fluid and destroying the pump. Cost to fix this? $10000. I did get a Vehicle Master Inquiry from the dealership and this car has been constantly inside the dealership. For a $172000 car when new, this thing is a MAJOR embarrassment for MB. I later did research only to find other horror stories with Mercedes and their 'top of the line' S series. I understand routine maintenance is needed on these, and was done on mine. Doesn't matter. They are still very unreliable cars. "The Best or Nothing"...? LOL!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

The Mercedes Benz E350 has been a complete disappointment. I've owned other cars by BMW, Acura, Ford and all surpass this supposed luxury car. The 2016 E350 voice command system is horrible, which is a problem since Mercedes designed this as the primary interface to all the driver functions. Completely useless. The GPS is also completely useless. If you can get it to correctly accept a voice entered address it will send you to the wrong place with the longest route possible. I am completely at a loss as how MB would include such inept systems in one of their vehicles. Detracts from any positives the vehicle might have.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I purchased a new 2017 Mercedes Benz Sprinter van and at approximately 5000 miles I started having transmission issues. I brought it to the dealer 3 times for the same issue. Every time they tried different things from updates to the control module, replacing the valve body to even swapping out the transmission control module all with no resolve. They even had a technical rep come out and after 3 weeks in the shop it’s still not working correctly. I’m convinced that their technicians are glorified part swappers and they have no clue what they're doing. This is my first experience with Mercedes Benz and it’s going to be my last because to date this issue has cost me over 25k in lost business from not having my van and Mercedes Benz could care less.

Original review: July 18, 2018

On Saturday July 14th, 2017, after about 1-2 miles of driving my 2017 MB E300 started jerking and the check engine light came on when I drove toward the first lane for a left turn on a busy highway intersection. I also found the gear was changed to neutral on the panel. I tried to change the gear to drive while waiting for the traffic light but I couldn’t. I changed the gear to park and stopped the engine to restart the car but couldn’t restart at all. I pressed the MB roadside assistance (MRA) button. They said a tow truck would be there within 20 mins. In the meantime someone helped push the car to move it to the side but the gear didn’t stay on neutral. It kept going back to park. Then it didn’t go to neutral anymore. I got stuck in the middle of the road at the intersection. There was nothing else I could do but patiently waited for towing with my little kid inside the car with an emergency light on and all 4 windows open.

The car was heated up with the outside temp of over 90F. My kid was getting exhausted and drowsy due to a high temp of 110F inside the car. I pressed the assistance button again after waiting almost 40 mins and explained about an urgent situation. They said they were still searching for a provider and would text me an ETA of a tow truck once they located it. Couldn’t believe what they said. My kid was almost passing out from the heatstroke. I started looking for other ways to tow my car when I finally got a text from the MRA saying a truck would be there in 50 MINS. OMG! Couldn’t believe what they said! Then a lady stopped her car next to me. She gave us water, let me move my kid into her car with cool air, called her AAA, and let me use the service under her authority.

AAA showed up in 15 mins and towed my car to the nearest MB dealership. The service department was already closed because it was Saturday. I left a car key and my contact number. I was more disappointed with a lousy MRA than the car breakdown. What’s the purpose of the button? Why did they install the useless button in the car? If it wasn’t there I wouldn’t press it and waste almost 1 1/2 hrs on the street! What a terrifying and life threatening situation I had! My kid could have died in the car!

I got a text from the service department in 2 days. They found a spark plug failed and damaged one of the engine cylinders. The engine now needs to be replaced and no ETA on the replacement. Wow! For less than 2 year old Mercedes-Benz with 17000 miles on? What kind of junk has Mercedes-Benz sold? And more shocked about a very poor customer service to a loyal customer with 10 years old relationship!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have a new 2018 Sprinter Van 3500 and because of needing a windshield repair discovered rust under the windshield on both side in the channel the windshield sites in from top to bottom. Mercedes is claiming that the rust is due to a conversion to a Class C RV as the roof of the cab was cut by the converter and metal particles caused rust to develop under the windshield and it is not a Mercedes problem. I am having a difficult time understanding how metal particles from a conversion would make their way under an already installed windshield on both side from top to bottom in the center of the channel, not at the outside edge. I am disappointed in what I thought was a quality product and the difficulty experienced with a Mercedes dealer in correcting the rust problem. Not wanting to correct the problem on this Mercedes Sprinter would cause me not to purchase another Mercedes.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Mercedes SLK 350 2012: Bad burning like smell entering car below steering wheel. Reported this to M.B. Canada and dealer when I bought the car. I was told to watch for oil drops, antifreeze etc for 3 years. Finally I found how I could demonstrate the smell to the dealer, who kept the car for over a month and drove 2000 km. Could not find the problem. Car was returned and I was told that they are unable to correct this problem and one of the managers will contact me. It might take a long time. That was August 2017. I wrote many e-mails, but nobody wants to talk to me. I am very unhappy with the people representing M.B. I also contacted Germany, but no help. I also contacted M.B. Germany, answer - "Contact M.B. Canada" which I did with no help from them.

Original review: June 28, 2018

What I love about the new Mercedes S-Class 2018 is the control it gives you. I feel when I'm driving that I can never turn into a bad direction. I love the feel and features of the car overall. I love how it drives on the road and can be made to be one the better models of the year. I like all of the cool technology features that the car has. I always like to get the newest car with newest features and this car was a perfect fit. It can drive fast and has a lot of new modern technology features like the camera and sound system. It's awesome and can be made it better than a lot of other cars. There are no other cars out there like this one. I love how it's better than the last.

Original review: June 27, 2018

It has been a very reliable auto. I have always like this model. It's a sedan and I love sedans. I bought it used at a good price. It drives very smooth and has good gas mileage. It is roomy too. The controls are easy to use as well. I like the color and the low maintenance needed for the car. Very dependable, great for road trips. A friend hit a deer. The damage was severe and it kept on running. The only downfall to this car is the cost of parts and maintenance. The repair always recommend only using Mercedes parts from the manufacturer and there is a great difference in cost compared to some of other vehicles. Finding used parts is hard and cost more. Even the oil change cost more than other vehicles.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The Mercedes GLC 300 4matic has more luxury features than any other vehicle I researched and test drove. The surround cameras make it easy to park. It has all surround cameras, heated seats, and a comfortable ride that is adjustable to a more sporty mode. I like the seats better than the stiff seats of other makes. The auto hold feature makes it easy to brake and not have to worry about the vehicle moving. The automatic wipers make it easier to drive without having to worry about manually operating them. However, I would like to have air conditioned seats. I would also like for it to have a heated steering wheel since my hands are cold often. Also, I'm worried about not having a spare tire even though it has run flat tires. Run flat tires tend to last much less longer than normal tires.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I love my car which now has over 200 hundred thousand miles. It is safe, reliable and beautiful. I will not trade in or sell it until I absolutely must because it is now an extension of me. It's a luxury car, heated seats, makes me feel special, and smooth ride. I have received a higher level of admiration and respect from others when I drive my car. Since the car is an older model it does not have technical advances such as a screen on the dashboard to assist with backup parking, which I would love to have.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have been very impressed by its brand name because it has many features that make it unique and have unique features that make it a leader. And the most beautiful is that it is a famous brand and loved by many people. What makes me choose his/her brand among others is its many advantages including speed, internal features, ease of use, and abundance of refrigeration, making it easy, and available. What I do not like about the Taraz and often bothers me is the lack of the characteristics of the symmetry of the flash and the frequency of the circulation of many people and more than the same quantity of its price in the market.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have a 1999 SL500. Car will not start. Dealer says key is failing and it needs a new key. Mercedes no longer makes this key. Car is inoperable. I’m waiting to see if Mercedes does anything. The customer care line offered me a 1,000 credit towards a pre-owned or new Mercedes for 2 years. What am I going to do with that? I have a car that does not run and cannot be repaired due to their negligence.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I am so incredibly happy that I have chosen to purchase a Mercedes. I was on the fence a long time about it. My overall experience was pleasant. I'm so thankful to have a car that I can trust to get me from point A to B. It's so reliable. I love all of its features. It has leather heated seats, great sound system, fancy sunroof for stargazing without being exposed to mosquitoes. I also trust the safety features it has. The rear wheel drive is the only thing I don't like about it, it is very difficult to drive on snowy conditions with rear wheel drive. If you are expecting to get up a snowy, icy hill, you better get a running start and hope it's good enough.

Original review: June 19, 2018

It's a nice car. I like the feature of heated seats and also sunroof. Window looks nice too because if you slide them down front and back both then it looks like a sports car because it's not separated. Car's outlook is beautiful. Especially the shape of the car is much nicer than others. I liked everything in the beginning but it's not good for everyday car. This might be for 2nd car if you have extra money for the car because it's too expensive for maintenance and there is some electric problems after you purchase 3-4years later. I think there is too many accessories inside of the car and also outside as well. That's why I have some problem sometimes. I like the most of features but then internal parts fell off and light ball fell off in front. This car started to gives me problems pretty soon.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Loved the comfort, the handling, the speed and of course the luxury of a Mercedes Benz SL500. The convertible was spacious even with a retractable top. The seats were very comfortable and the interior actually suited passengers and drivers of all shapes and sizes comfortably. I loved the safety features but I also loved that many were intrigued enough to learn more about the car and the comfort of the ride. However, I dislike the sticker price. But I enjoyed the driving experience. I was confident at every moment that I would have a safe ride, yet sporty and fast. It was a bucket list dream come true item to check off!

Original review: June 16, 2018

My car is a 2013 Mercedes smart car. It is without saying absolutely wonderful on gas in town and on the highway. It has sunroof, electric windows, back windshield wiper, and heated seats. I wanted a car that was small but safe. I watched several crash videos and consumer reports before purchasing and paying cash. I get excited every time I drive it. It has an awesome amount pick up. It can also be drove manually and gets great gas mileage. However, I would include a simpler manual for how to diagnose all the electrical untangle figures that pop up on the dash and a meter or tool to reset. It has no place jack or spare tire too. But I am incredibly pleased with my purchase.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I’ve leased my first “luxury” car, a Mercedes Benz GLA 250! Since the start it was not the best experience, I’ve should take note... The salesperson resigned and my ordered vehicle didn’t arrived... They assigned a new person two weeks later and then had to wait another 15 days until they asked if I wanted to choose from one of the new cars they had in inventory, since they didn’t had the options I wanted they’ve added the camera for reverse for free (they had to).

First weekend I left for a mini vacation came back to a non start truck, couldn’t even get in... Called the roadside assistance and they had to come and start it... It was very strange, a brand new card having those issues. Took it in for review and it had “according to them” nothing wrong. Last year I went again on vacations, next morning wanted to go to work and again, didn’t start. They said this time it was the battery, replaced it for free. They made me waste half of work day. So here we are, 2018, last year of my lease and I just got back from vacations, and again! Yes again! It won’t even open or start. I’m so relieved that I get to replace my car this month and I’m so disappointed on Mercedes Benz.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My 1987 Mercedes 300e is great. Old, but drives great. I have had a few things break down but that is due to the age of the car. I like it because it is a solid and not cheap car. I can always rely on it if I need to go somewhere. I like the anti-theft system and automatic everything. It has a moonroof which I really enjoy in the evenings when it is hot out. That way I can look up at the stars. It has a great stereo and the air conditioning is wonderful too. However, I would get some bodywork done on the front end and get a new paint job and maybe even get an upgrade on my stereo system. But it is sturdy.

Original review: June 14, 2018

This car is everything I ever thought. Reliable, dependable, smooth riding car, handles great on the freeway, strong engine load, great trunk space and beautiful sunroof. Beautiful body, great gas mileage and easier to handle grade on the road. Power windows, leather seats, heated seats season, 2 hand on the road, love to cruise control. Just love this luxury car. Will highly recommend it to others.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Mercedes GLA is a great purchase. I have researched this make from child like time frame. I have lived and stayed updated on this make since I was 8 yrs old. This has been a childhood dream or bucket list now. The model is a little unfamiliar but it's high in demand. I adore the sound system, sunroof access, capacity holding and the drive on the road. It runs well, and great on speed and brakes. On the other hand, the brakes could improve a bit and all models should be snow ready not just AMG style. I wish the colors were a tad more to choose from exterior and interior.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I own a 2014 SL550 and a 2001 SL500. Mercedes no longer makes the keys for the 2001 SL500 and they can not tell you who can make them for you. I called 2 dealers and the US Customer support line. One dealer said you need to go to a locksmith. I called 22 locksmiths. None make the keys. Two said they can't make the keys because Mercedes will not release the codes necessary for them to make them. So let me get this straight. Mercedes can't make them and they won't enable anyone else make them. These keys have been unavailable for almost a year. If you lose your key, tough luck. Your car is a large paper weight. Mercedes doesn't give a hoot. What moron is in charge of this at Mercedes? Whoever it is, they could care less about their loyal customers and should be fired immediately. I think I'll sell both cars and buy something else. Mercedes has lost me as a customer.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I purchased a 2013 CPO C250. What sold me was the unlimited mile warranty. I had discussed with the finance dept what was and wasn't covered. I had also discussed what the car was to be used for. The purchase was Jan 5 2015. The car was in the shop a lot. I average about 65k miles a year. I had used the warranty several times without a hitch. 2 weeks ago my car was in the shop and I get a text from my writer saying, "MBUSA has canceled your warranty. Come pick up your car." So I did. I arrived at the dealership and was amazed that they returned a broken car that looked like they parked it under a tree full of birds. Very tacky.

Now, afraid to drive the car. I baby it every time I drive it. Of course that's no good. The car left me stranded last night in the middle of nowhere and dumped all the oil out. Seems a little convenient. Almost like they knew it would happen. I have been in the auto business for many years and have never seen a customer treated this badly. That's not the whole ugly story but I'm sure you get the gist of it. Big thumbs down for MBUSA. BTW, I sell German cars and we are a class act compared to this manufacturer.

Original review: June 7, 2018

First experience with Mercedes Roadside this week for a simple dead battery switch out was a cluster Got me hooked up with a 3rd party in Texas (I'm in Florida). Took 4 MB customer care agents to finally arrange for the local dealer to bring one 4 hours later. Unrelated, just called customer service for recommended tire options for my S550 as the Pirellis they put on lasted 10,000 miles. Took 10 minutes to get a connection to a ringing phone that nobody ever picked up. Should have stuck with Audi. Not impressed at all!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

This is my first time owning a Mercedes and I must say, it has been thoroughly disappointing!! Here's my issues with the Manufacturer and the Car: This is a plug-in hybrid so I expect it to charge at any Charge Point locations available. My C350e DOES NOT charge at my work location - I have 8 Charge Point stations here, none of them work for my car!! The charging stations work for 15+ different models though with no issues - Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt, Volt, Prius, Ford, BMW i3, i8... The list goes on. But my Mercedes WOULD NOT charge here. And when I call Mercedes Customer Service they told me as long as it charges at home that's all they care about. The Charge Point stations is not their concern. I used to own a VW eGolf and I charged it at work for last 3 years without any issues.

My primary reason for choosing the Mercedes C350e model was to receive the HOV lane sticker for it, Mercedes Pleasanton dealer told me they take care of DMV forms for it - this was great to hear. Exactly 2 months after the purchase of my car, I heard back from DMV that Mercedes has sent "outdated form" for the HOV lane sticker. Now I have lost 2 months time due to inefficient people working at the dealership!! The clock starts again now! Mercedes has an App for iPhone which can help with many functionalities of the car - called Mbrace. I wasn't able to link my car to my account for several days. Mercedes and Mbrace customer service kept blaming each other for the issues with the App - finally it got resolved when I had to take them on a conference call.

In general I have noticed that Mercedes has silos within their customer service department - instead of providing solutions to customers they provide the "GO-TO" info and their phone numbers to me. This is very frustrating and I did not experience it with my other cars - VW, BMW, Toyota, Honda etc. Overall it's my first time owning a Mercedes and so far I am yet to receive 1 satisfying answer from their customer service department. I wish there was a way to return this car!! Do I have any options?

Mercedes-Benz Company Information