Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
Mercedes-Benz
2.16/5

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

673 Mercedes-Benz Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

mbrace Mercedes is waste of money. The app never works. Most of the time you can't even start the app. When you start it, it cannot locate, lock, or start the car remotely 9 out of 10 times. When you call the customer service, you have to wait a long time and at the end the issue remains.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Purchased a 2010 E550 Mercedes in August 2018. I have been having issues with an odor inside of the car and the air suspension going out when the car is sitting. Mercedes told me to contact the dealership for a diagnosis, which is $195. And to ask them to help me cover the costs. If the dealership does not - to contact Mercedes back. The car only has 85,000 miles on it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My experience has been nothing but a disaster from both Mercedes-Benz dealership in Kansas and MO. They are very racist against people of color especially to women. I've never been treated so bad. You never get offered the same services as other individuals. This makes it very upsetting that I purchased this vehicle. After the salesperson was confronted about his behavior now he wants to try and pretend it didn't take place. Yes it did happen and he needs to own up to it. He doesn't need to work with the public. I don't recommend purchasing a vehicle from them to be humiliated.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have very bad experience with Mercedes Benz. I have two recalls. I have battery problem. It cost me $2,300. My car is 200K but the quality is rubbish. After recall, I have to walk to the North service centre from train station because they don't answer to my telephone call for pick up. When I check the rate of Mercedes Benz, it is 27th which is bottom. The past glorious time is gone. It is absolutely rubbish. Anyone buy Mercedes Bend I call he or she is HOKU, which means foolish people.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I am very disappointed about how Mercedes-Benz being so irresponsible of the subpar products which they do not stand behind. My friend purchased a brand new Sprinter back in 2017. After less than a year and just over 24K miles, the car had failed to accelerate with very noticeable knocking noise coming from engine compartment. My friend took it to Mercedes-Benz of Brooklyn and was given a lame explanation of cause by water buildup. He was given an estimate of almost $30K to replace the whole engine assembly. How ridiculous! The price tag for the truck is about 60K and less than a year and under 25K miles later, it needs a new engine! I can never imagine a brand name like Mercedes-Benz would produce a subpar product like this and yet refuses to stand behind. I do not think it is the right approach to retain existing customers and attracting new customers. I would give 5 thumbs down if I had the choice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I placed an order for a Mercedes S class through a leasing company in October, for January delivery. Having placed the order I asked the leasing company for confirmation that the car had been allocated by MB. The leasing company suggested I complain to MB and ask them to confirm allocation. I had both written and MB at that time and they seemed to be responsive to my complaint. I then had a call from a woman from MD in Holland and she confirmed that the car had been issued for production, with delivery in Mid January. I contacted the leasing company who subsequently confirmed that the dealer still had no confirmation of allocation. My attempts subsequently to clarify the situation have been a complete waste of time.

MB Europe now consider that it is not a problem they will discuss because I don't have a contract directly with them and now it seems the conversation I had about delivery in January is a figment of my imagination. It never happened. In other words I am either an imbecile or a liar. The attitude I get from MB is it's nothing that they will comment on. Just completely abandon any responsibility to meet their obligations and commitments. They have the nerve to challenge what I say when I have it in writing. Anyway, needless to say, I'm appalled that they just couldn't give a damn.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I recently bought Mercedes 2018 GLC SUV and really liked the car and upgraded the speakers to Burmester. Thought it would give me a good feel in the car with the music but I am totally disappointed with the audio system and I would rate 1 STAR for the speakers and 4 STAR for the car.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

In one year I’ve had to take my vehicle into the dealership twice, both times for the rear wheel being bent sideways. Mercedes technicians say the wheel (just the wheel) was hit to cause the damages, two times in one year the same wheel bends sideways??? Mercedes will not take any responsibility for either manufacturing defect, poor workmanship or incomplete work. I’m trying now to get Mercedes Benz to stop washing their hands and blaming the consumer(s) on a clearly manufacturing problem. If anyone has had the same issues with their vehicle, please let me know. This GLE43 AMG is a lemon!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was so disappointed when my husband gave me a keychain purchased at Mercedes Benz for Christmas to go with my new car, an E400. He bought it because it looked like it was Made in Germany. When I removed the tag, Mercedes had covered up the MADE IN CHINA sticker. I for one, refuse to purchase anything MADE IN CHINA, so I returned it. I believe Mercedes should show where their products are manufactured. There are a lot of us in the USA that do not want to continue to provide our hard earned capitalistic dollars to a communist country. Feeling cheated and deceived.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

After purchasing brand new 2016 c300, I had two major problems to my car. After a year, on highway speeds after applying breaks the car started shaking really bad. I took the car to my local dealer from where I bought the car. They said the brake pads need to be replaced. Second time, fuel smell started coming inside the vehicle while driving or when it’s parked in my garage. This time, the fuel pipe was leaking. Both the repairs were done properly by my dealer and I was charged $0 since the vehicle is still under warranty. I also got loaner car for the time my car was at the dealer. Very happy with the service provided by dealer and Mercedes!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The cup and armrest facility between the front seats is empty. The passenger seats except the front don't recline to allow for back support and sleeping positions for passengers. The seat and headrest design doesn't allow for the back and neck contact to ensure support even when a standard neck pillow is used.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Vehicle engine failed after this brand new vehicle had only 23 miles on it. Stunningly poor quality for a Mercedes. I’ve owned other MB vehicles without issue. But it feels as if quality control, from delivery of vehicle to end product, has massively deteriorated. My advice, buy another brand.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

In my opinion, the forward collision avoidance system (AEB) in my 7 mo. old 2018 Mercedes C300 SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK. I special ordered the car with the 997 pkg that includes, Driver Assistance, BAS+, and Distronic. I have been close enough to stopped or slowed down vehicles on the highway, that it should have at least alerted me (beeped) if not started to auto brake. During my 8,000 miles of driving, I have had cars cut in front of me or turn in front (as they went through a red light) and there has been no alert much less any braking.

In addition, I was surprised to find that this vehicle apparently DOES NOT HAVE rear cross traffic alert other than perhaps from 2 feet away. That is, if I am backing up and there is traffic coming from the side, there is no alert! Even worse, if there is a pedestrian BEHIND the car or walking behind it, there is no alert other than if they are 1-2' away which is much too close to be able to stop. Granted, the rear camera works fine, but if my head is turned to look back as I am backing up, I cannot see the screen on the dash.

The MB manual states: “If active brake assist detects that there is a risk of collision, you will BE WARNED VISUALLY AND ACOUSTICALLY. If you do not react AUTONOMOUS BRAKING CAN BE INITIATED IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.” And further that “autonomous braking works at 4-124mph for moving objects and 4-31 mph for stationary objects.” I have made at least 4 visits to two different MB dealers and all they will tell me is that “their computer shows no problem.” They are unwilling to drive the car to attempt to simulate when AEB should work. All of these are common features on many $35,000 vehicles in 2018; I have driven some of them and the alerts and auto braking + rear cross traffic and rear pedestrian alert works very well. MB corporate is incredibly uncooperative which is truly shocking for a company that prides itself on its safety record and reputation.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

With under 40,000 at the initial start of the check engine light coming on which no one else besides MB has ever serviced, I had to get the balance shaft replaced in the motor at my total expense. From reading reviews and information from this page and other pages they said it was best to take the car back to the dealer for this type of job. I tried other Mercedes dealerships in Cleveland: North Olmsted gave me a phone estimate of $10,000, Mercedes-Benz of Willoughby Leikin said they were too small to handle such a big job so I ended up taking the car back to Mercedes Benz of Bedford where I originally purchase it for a mere

$7,036.51.

I associate this cost with me being **, female, prior neg. post and phone calls. This was the worse purchase I have ever made in my life and I would NEVER buy another Mercedes. They do not stand behind their merchandise. I think they tossed a coin to see who was going to service me (after corporate calls, because Bedford where I originally purchased the car new, never called me back). My conclusion: once the car is out of warranty they really don't want your business, unless it's to trade the car in on a new one and they resell your old one for a mint. I know people are in business to make money but when your product falls short of what it claims to be I feel you are obligated to provide some type of relief. Word of mouth is the best advertisement you can get. When the words of many mouths is a negative experience in the end you lose. By the way Mercedes USA was a waste of my time. They did absolutely nothing.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I bought Mercedes E350D 2016 from Mercedes Liverpool about 2 months ago. 16k on the clock, manufacturer approved. On the way home I noticed that the car starts to vibrate when I press the brakes. I contacted Mercedes Liverpool and they said that I need to go to the nearest Mercedes and fix it and they will cover all costs. I paid £1200 to change brake pads and disks and rear alloy wheel. Mercedes-Benz of Liverpool did not pay me anything, they keep saying my different stories.

They said that they already sent money into my account, then they said that they issued check 2 weeks ago, then they said they need to get an approval from head office and so on. When I contacted Mercedes Customer Service, they replied to me saying that Mercedes-Benz of Liverpool had already paid me by the check so I had to go back to Liverpool to confirm that but they said: "No we are still getting an approval from head office." Absolutely useless service!!! Worst service ever.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I purchased a tire warranty from them and they assured me that a nail in the tire would be covered and they would replace the tire at no cost! They LIED. Now they claim that there is a clause that states that the tire has to be a certain level (WETF) that means in order for it to be covered - bottom line Mercedes Benz FLEECES customers - no wonder the product has become trash!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I had a 2015 smart car. When my lease was over I turned the car in and got a 2018 smart. This happened on July 2018. On Aug 15, 2018 someone used the 2015 smart car with my expired inspection sticker and got a traffic ticket, when I got the ticket in the mail I contacted the salesperson Nicole ** in the Manhattan office, sent her the ticket, my new inspection sticker, the new car registration card and all she asked for, by text. Now it is October 21 2018. And they have not done anything to correct this issue. Horrible experience, it seems they do not take responsibility for their wrongdoing.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We were delivered this car in April 2017. After less than 10,000 we have had to replace 2 Tires. After many conversation with the Lawrenceville Dealership in NJ where we were told that indeed the car is too heavy for the tires. No solutions was offered other than for me to pay more money to have the tires changed. Mercedes is aware they are selling a defective product that can potentially be life threatening and they are doing nothing about it.

I then e-mailed the corporate offices and was contacted by an agent who tried to work a resolution where we would still pay over 2000 and had to give those tires we paid a premium for, back to them (SCAM)... As a matter of principle and the fact that I can get better tires without them or their HELP... we refused the Great deal!! Nevertheless STAY AWAY... Looks like they don't care if you are stranded in the middle of no-where or if you die as the tires fall apart while you drive or like in my case while the car is parked in the garage!! Worse experience ever, I will get ready of this junk!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I was sent a letter by Mercedes mbrace to activate the 6 months trial, on the new vehicle I purchased. The agent harassed me to buy the product, and to provide my credit card information. This is a free trial, I think is abusive to ask for my cc info. My experience was horrible, I suggest Mercedes Mbrace to review the quality of their customer service.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Mercedes-Benz dealership service in Pembroke Pines is the worse unprofessional people that I ever encountered on my experiences with Mercedes-Benz. From the service manager to the technicians, (if you can call them that way) they simply do not know what are they doing. There is no difference taking your vehicle to this place or a regular shop in 441 in Hollywood fl. In fact, you probably not going to have this bad service at ridiculous prices and you can be treated with most respect and professionalism.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Horrible service by Mercedes Benz USA and Auto Nation - Car turbo/engine seized according to service department. Maintenance receipts were provided. Car only had 17k miles on it. 2016. They would not warranty the engine even though records were provided. Left me without a car and expected me to pay for it out of pockets over $8000. The car was drivable when I brought it to the shop, was there 3 weeks then they said engine stopped. Sounds more like whatever they tried to repair they caused more damage and Mercedes-Benz USA no warranty.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I bought a 2006 S65 AMG 2 years ago with 72000 miles. This car has been nothing of a money pit. I found the original owner and he supplied me with receipts for repairs that totaled $7000. Within the first few months owning this, I had to replace the front strut... $3000. One year later, the ABC system hose failed draining all the fluid and destroying the pump. Cost to fix this? $10000. I did get a Vehicle Master Inquiry from the dealership and this car has been constantly inside the dealership. For a $172000 car when new, this thing is a MAJOR embarrassment for MB. I later did research only to find other horror stories with Mercedes and their 'top of the line' S series. I understand routine maintenance is needed on these, and was done on mine. Doesn't matter. They are still very unreliable cars. "The Best or Nothing"...? LOL!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

The Mercedes Benz E350 has been a complete disappointment. I've owned other cars by BMW, Acura, Ford and all surpass this supposed luxury car. The 2016 E350 voice command system is horrible, which is a problem since Mercedes designed this as the primary interface to all the driver functions. Completely useless. The GPS is also completely useless. If you can get it to correctly accept a voice entered address it will send you to the wrong place with the longest route possible. I am completely at a loss as how MB would include such inept systems in one of their vehicles. Detracts from any positives the vehicle might have.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I purchased a new 2017 Mercedes Benz Sprinter van and at approximately 5000 miles I started having transmission issues. I brought it to the dealer 3 times for the same issue. Every time they tried different things from updates to the control module, replacing the valve body to even swapping out the transmission control module all with no resolve. They even had a technical rep come out and after 3 weeks in the shop it’s still not working correctly. I’m convinced that their technicians are glorified part swappers and they have no clue what they're doing. This is my first experience with Mercedes Benz and it’s going to be my last because to date this issue has cost me over 25k in lost business from not having my van and Mercedes Benz could care less.

Original review: July 18, 2018

On Saturday July 14th, 2017, after about 1-2 miles of driving my 2017 MB E300 started jerking and the check engine light came on when I drove toward the first lane for a left turn on a busy highway intersection. I also found the gear was changed to neutral on the panel. I tried to change the gear to drive while waiting for the traffic light but I couldn’t. I changed the gear to park and stopped the engine to restart the car but couldn’t restart at all. I pressed the MB roadside assistance (MRA) button. They said a tow truck would be there within 20 mins. In the meantime someone helped push the car to move it to the side but the gear didn’t stay on neutral. It kept going back to park. Then it didn’t go to neutral anymore. I got stuck in the middle of the road at the intersection. There was nothing else I could do but patiently waited for towing with my little kid inside the car with an emergency light on and all 4 windows open.

The car was heated up with the outside temp of over 90F. My kid was getting exhausted and drowsy due to a high temp of 110F inside the car. I pressed the assistance button again after waiting almost 40 mins and explained about an urgent situation. They said they were still searching for a provider and would text me an ETA of a tow truck once they located it. Couldn’t believe what they said. My kid was almost passing out from the heatstroke. I started looking for other ways to tow my car when I finally got a text from the MRA saying a truck would be there in 50 MINS. OMG! Couldn’t believe what they said! Then a lady stopped her car next to me. She gave us water, let me move my kid into her car with cool air, called her AAA, and let me use the service under her authority.

AAA showed up in 15 mins and towed my car to the nearest MB dealership. The service department was already closed because it was Saturday. I left a car key and my contact number. I was more disappointed with a lousy MRA than the car breakdown. What’s the purpose of the button? Why did they install the useless button in the car? If it wasn’t there I wouldn’t press it and waste almost 1 1/2 hrs on the street! What a terrifying and life threatening situation I had! My kid could have died in the car!

I got a text from the service department in 2 days. They found a spark plug failed and damaged one of the engine cylinders. The engine now needs to be replaced and no ETA on the replacement. Wow! For less than 2 year old Mercedes-Benz with 17000 miles on? What kind of junk has Mercedes-Benz sold? And more shocked about a very poor customer service to a loyal customer with 10 years old relationship!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have a new 2018 Sprinter Van 3500 and because of needing a windshield repair discovered rust under the windshield on both side in the channel the windshield sites in from top to bottom. Mercedes is claiming that the rust is due to a conversion to a Class C RV as the roof of the cab was cut by the converter and metal particles caused rust to develop under the windshield and it is not a Mercedes problem. I am having a difficult time understanding how metal particles from a conversion would make their way under an already installed windshield on both side from top to bottom in the center of the channel, not at the outside edge. I am disappointed in what I thought was a quality product and the difficulty experienced with a Mercedes dealer in correcting the rust problem. Not wanting to correct the problem on this Mercedes Sprinter would cause me not to purchase another Mercedes.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Mercedes SLK 350 2012: Bad burning like smell entering car below steering wheel. Reported this to M.B. Canada and dealer when I bought the car. I was told to watch for oil drops, antifreeze etc for 3 years. Finally I found how I could demonstrate the smell to the dealer, who kept the car for over a month and drove 2000 km. Could not find the problem. Car was returned and I was told that they are unable to correct this problem and one of the managers will contact me. It might take a long time. That was August 2017. I wrote many e-mails, but nobody wants to talk to me. I am very unhappy with the people representing M.B. I also contacted Germany, but no help. I also contacted M.B. Germany, answer - "Contact M.B. Canada" which I did with no help from them.

Original review: June 28, 2018

What I love about the new Mercedes S-Class 2018 is the control it gives you. I feel when I'm driving that I can never turn into a bad direction. I love the feel and features of the car overall. I love how it drives on the road and can be made to be one the better models of the year. I like all of the cool technology features that the car has. I always like to get the newest car with newest features and this car was a perfect fit. It can drive fast and has a lot of new modern technology features like the camera and sound system. It's awesome and can be made it better than a lot of other cars. There are no other cars out there like this one. I love how it's better than the last.

Original review: June 27, 2018

It has been a very reliable auto. I have always like this model. It's a sedan and I love sedans. I bought it used at a good price. It drives very smooth and has good gas mileage. It is roomy too. The controls are easy to use as well. I like the color and the low maintenance needed for the car. Very dependable, great for road trips. A friend hit a deer. The damage was severe and it kept on running. The only downfall to this car is the cost of parts and maintenance. The repair always recommend only using Mercedes parts from the manufacturer and there is a great difference in cost compared to some of other vehicles. Finding used parts is hard and cost more. Even the oil change cost more than other vehicles.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The Mercedes GLC 300 4matic has more luxury features than any other vehicle I researched and test drove. The surround cameras make it easy to park. It has all surround cameras, heated seats, and a comfortable ride that is adjustable to a more sporty mode. I like the seats better than the stiff seats of other makes. The auto hold feature makes it easy to brake and not have to worry about the vehicle moving. The automatic wipers make it easier to drive without having to worry about manually operating them. However, I would like to have air conditioned seats. I would also like for it to have a heated steering wheel since my hands are cold often. Also, I'm worried about not having a spare tire even though it has run flat tires. Run flat tires tend to last much less longer than normal tires.

Mercedes-Benz Company Information