2. Automotive

Mercedes-Benz

4.0/5 (764 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is an in-house financing provider for vehicles from Mercedes-Benz and other brands under its parent company, Daimler AG. It provides an online payment calculator, and you can apply online or at a local dealership to get preapproved. After your purchase, you can manage your account and make secure payments online.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Mercedes-Benz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes-Benz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: March 3, 2021

Still arguing with #Mercedes about the mold building up and smell in the AC system on the 2016 GLC300. Had this issue since new! They will not stand behind their products even though there’s a class action lawsuit. Everything in the lawsuit says they have to pay for future repairs, yet every dealer refuses to do it. Any attempt of remediation results in being re-read the terms of the settlement, and then transferred all over the place until there’s no solution. I have two Mercedes I bought new: an E300 in 2017 and a GLC300 in 2016. These will be my LAST Mercedes cars. Their brand name and the premium costs you pay mean nothing as they do NOT support their customers or the products they make. I will be replacing my cars with Tesla or another luxury brand going forward. Keep losing customers MB!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I own a Mercedes GLC300 2016 and I have maintained my car with regular services as per Mercedes. All of a sudden my car starts shaking to the point is unsafe to drive on freeways. I towed it to Mercedes Benz of Newport Beach and I was told that piston #1 need to be replaced and gave me a quote of 9,500 and mentioned, "We are not sure if problem is limited to piston, it can be the whole block but we can’t say until we tear apart your engine $4k." This car is being serviced at the dealer and they never mentioned that early GLC300 have wrist pin issues in their engines. Mercedes denies to take responsibility for this issue.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

The finance rep called me on a vehicle that I no longer had to tell me that I owed state property tax on it for 2020. The amount was almost 8x what I ever paid one year that I had it which was crazy. I had the lease vehicle only 4 days in the year, 2020, that I turned it in then she said they would prorate it. The new cost was slightly higher than what I paid for one of the previous years. Of course during the call I was getting mad since the rep was obviously lying or incompetent. I pulled out all the previous year’s payments (2019, 2018) and receipts after I hung up on her then called back hoping to get another rep. I didn’t realize it was her and she didn’t realize it was me. I told her the brief situation about the taxes and cost in which she also said it didn’t sound right then she pulled up my account. She then realized I was the person she spoke to earlier and of course it was correct then.

They sent me the tax bill saying it was late. What? It was late because the rep called to verify my address to send me the bill. My address hasn’t changed in over 20 years and they never had any issues sending me anything prior. Since you are no longer financing from them the service went down hill. I couldn’t trade that GS in since no one wanted it. Dealerships were willing to pay off my lease rather than take it. Poor customer service in finance department is all I can say.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

As a first time lease owner of my fist Mercedes C-class this was a huge disappointment. Prepaid for 2 services at the beginning of the lease just to find out that they expire 2 years after and not by the end of the lease how they made me think. Was only less than a month after my expiration that I took car for service B and now on top of my already paid $500 I must pay again. This is beyond dishonest and most terrible customer treatment I've ever encountered. Called the office and spoke to Juan who was only able to get a partial credit for the service I now have to pay for the second time. How would you like paying for service twice?

Also, on the phone with Mercedes customer service I was blackmailed by Juan (phone number: **) not to write my honest review about this situation or they would take away even the partial credit they just gave me that only partially covers my second charge for the same service I already paid for when I signed up for the lease! It was so unprofessional and disgusting to be blackmailed to stay away from writing this honest review that made me even more compelled to do so because I want to warn all future unsuspected new customers of how they will be treated as well.

I will not be buying my future vehicles from them and so is my family. I only want to give my business to places that truly appreciate their customers and with lots of great competitors out there it will be easy to do. You don't want to be tricked, lied to, especially as a first time customer into something that will screw you later and they won't even care about it. Everyone should know before becoming a customer of theirs that they treat their customers in the worst possible manner without any care and with great amount of unprofessionalism by blackmailing them to speak the truth. Did not expect this coming from this car maker of this magnitude but be warned and stay away.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Bought my first car (this being the 2020 plate 70 reg A-Class PHEV premium plus 1.3L hatchback), and unfortunately the navigation system and customer aftercare was ATROCIOUS. I was back in the Merc showroom a week after I purchased the car due to the speedometer showing 70mph on the side streets and 20mph on a motorway! There was also NO sight of the mandatory accessories that were in the car.

The ENGINEERS said that a full download WASNT completed on this BRAND NEW fully fitted, TOP OF THE RANGE vehicle and even after them taking my car in for the day, it's still NOT WORKING. When requesting an initial check up of the car (due to the navigation system failing and taking the longer routes around town) he told me to press the SOS system in the car which directs you to air ambulance, then a roadside engineer (both who said the whole situation has heightened due to the fault of the salesman). The inadequacy of the sales team is awful especially with their customer aftercare and ’support'.

When the car arrived, the salesman who I dealt with didn't bother showing me any of the cars gadgets, the car wasn’t even full charged on the electric - there was no effort made when presenting the car which was very disappointing. The car is a premium plus (top of the range) meaning that all the extra features such as the cable are meant to come with the car. When questioning the salesman I dealt with, he refused to acknowledge that the accessories came with the car and stopped replying to my messages giving no response! It was only after dealing with the engineer, we pushed for the already paid for accessories.

Being a loyal customer, we had foresight of purchasing another vehicle however, due to the REPETITION OF TERRIBLE experiences with the car, customer services, problematic navigation…. I’m appalled! The whole experience was very troublesome, lack of support was given from the Mercedes Leicester team, there was absolutely no aftercare provided. The car’s navigation and speedometer is STILL NOT WORKING. I don’t recommend anyone to purchase this new vehicle, especially from the Leicester branch. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have 2015 mb s-550 (**). 54,000 mail now. I have two problem. At first front dashboard and rear self board the adhesive leather sheet is separated by external solar heat. Second is front driver side door hinge is noisy when opening and closing the door. The local dealer manager has already confirmed and quoted the Mercedes support MR. **. I made this wrong by the parts vendor. MR. **'s undercover warranty. The part is a car will use for lifetime if there is no accident. Sometimes, it may change color after 10 or 15, 20years of use. It does not occur in automobiles such as Japan, Korea, and it is not possible to question German technology. I am an expert in this parts manufacturing. Thank so much again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

My third brake light went out. Took to a service station where I was shown how complicated and costly it will be. I find it puzzling that a company like that of Mercedes would be so full of themselves to design the light and place it that its replacement will more than a week’s wages talking a lot of time. ****

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

A recall on my CLK500, 2006 for a bonding issue sliding roof. About a year ago, while driving east bound on Highway 90 in Chicago IL, My sliding roof bonding gave way. As I was driving the sun/moon roof flew off. Thankfully no other cars were following closely and no one got hurt. After I got home, I ordered the part and got the car fixed. Just about now, I received a message from the dealer on a open recall for the same issue. Since I had already got the vehicle fixed I was hoping I would be reimbursed for the cost of parts and labor. As per the dealership this is an issue that needs to be addressed by Mercedes support center, while The Mercedes support center suggested the opposite. Been going in circles. I have had nothing but issues with this car and would never suggest to waste your money with Mercedes. A very unhappy and unsatisfied customer.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I was driving down the street winds high lately and I heard a noise my Grand SSD on say that's your car so I ssd slowed down to about 20. I was right by my house. When I got home the Spoiler had flown off. Car only had 36000 miles. Who would think a Mercedes product would fall apart? Then when I reported it they told me they don't stand behind cars that are bought at independent dealers. A 20,000 car bought from a import dealer. SMDH. Beware. They have a history of spoiler detaching but they on did recall on the new ones.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Just found out that due to Covid, Mercedes Has stopped Your ability to transfer your lease. So if you fallen on hard times and you have someone to take over your lease you are stuck. They have made it so you have trapped. Shame on you, lost all respect!!!!

Mercedes-Benz Company Information