Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Mercedes-Benz
3.67/5

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

707 Mercedes-Benz Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am so happy with my new car I got from Stephen **! He took plenty of time with me to make sure I purchased the right vehicle. I would without a doubt recommend Stephen and I appreciate his ongoing support.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a 2015 Mercedes GL-350 in May 2017 with less than 20K Miles on it. I was told that it was still have full factory warranty on it until 4 years or 40K miles. About 6 months after purchased the vehicle; We started to experience an intermittent problem with the rear view camera and 360 view cameras; once in a while when we put the car into reverse, the screen would continuously flipping between rear view and 360 view.

I recorded the issue on camera and brought it to the dealer. The mechanic at the dealer looked at the video and drove the car around for 5 minutes then came back and said that he does not see the problem at the moment so there is nothing they can do. About 8 months before the warranty expired, we began to have another intermittent problem with the transmission, every couple of months, the reverse gear does not work. You can put the transmission into reverse, feel the gear engage but the car won't move; we can rev up the engine to 3000 rpm and the car wouldn't move. The only way to get out of that problem is to drive forward for about 1/4 miles, then after that the reverse gear work again until the next time.

We brought the car to the dealer, they test drove the car and did not see the issue, so they again told us, there is nothing they can do. Kept having both of these problems every few months, so we recorded the problem with the transmission on video where the dashboard show the gear in reversed, engine rev up and the car did not move (can tell thru the windshield). We bought it to the dealer and show them the problem. They again drove the car around for a few minutes and came back to tell us that there is nothing they can do because the problem does not happen at that time.

When the warranty about to expire on this vehicle, I called Mercedes USA (talked to Erik). He told me I should bring the vehicle back to the dealer if the problem comes back, but I will be responsible for all cost of diagnostic and any cost associated with fixing the transmission. I told him I have detail dealer record/video of the problem existed well before warranty expired and it is Mercedes that could not fix the problem. He kept repeating the warranty policy of 4 years/40K miles and owner responsible for all cost afterward, and that was how the call ended. We spent twice the money on this luxury brand and this is how they treated their customers. I will never purchase another Mercedes or any of their franchise brand and I will make sure I tell this story every chance I get.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I bought my SLK 250 from an Acura dealership with 16k miles on it. I put less than 10k miles on the car before the retractable roof began to leak, out of the blue. Water was pouring into the car. Long story short, Mercedes told me the entire roof has to be replace and it will not look like my current hardtop. It will be all glass. The entire look of the car will be different. They have had my car for three weeks and the total bill is nearing 7k. To make matters worse, they reported my mileage as 36,XX* when it was truly 26,XX*. They promised a correction but a month later, it isn't corrected. So I cannot even sell the car because now the odometer does not match the Carfax. I am going back to BMW, and will never again look twice at a Benz. The dealership handling all of this is Lokey Mercedes of Clearwater, FL.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Mercedes Benz: A waste of money on Roadside Assistance Package or Emergency response package. Futile Products that Mercedes Benz Offers: 1. SOS-GPS, 2. Towing Service, 3. Loaner Cars Service, 4. Customer Service. Last week, Our family was traveling to Death Valley National Park from Phoenix for a get together party. We started around 12.00 noon @ Friday from Phoenix and planned to reach destination by 6.30 pm with several breaks in our Journey.

When we are on I-93 and close to Mile Mark 64, Our Mercedes E 300 car had flat (tire blow out though it has run flats on it) around 4.30 pm, which is around 180 miles away from Phoenix and another 120 miles to Vegas. We pulled over the car and realized our run flats were of no use anymore. We tried to move our car further down the roadside aisle but the car doesn’t move and shows the indicator as if it's disabled. We called immediately to Mercedes Benz SOS call (A red button on top of our head in Mercedes Benz), They received our call and politely directed us on suggestions to press another wrench button to reach roadside assistance. We followed their instructions. We called for RoadSide assistance for help.

We had a conversation with roadside assistance for 15 minutes and gave our location along with mile marker. We been requested several times by our Mercedes Benz on our location, We shared what we know as we are nowhere in the middle of desert and don’t know exact location where we are other than our Mobile Phone provided coordinates. They recorded information and said that they are going to look for a toll truck guy to pull our car near to Henderson Las Vegas Mercedes Benz Showroom.

We requested either for a loaner or provide a rental car as the toll truck doesn’t pick 4 people due to their policy constraints. We made it clear that we are ready to pay for those services as Safety is much priority at this moment as we are in middle of highway. To our Surprise, Mercedes Benz couldn’t offer a loaner nor rental. Instead they suggested to get a ride from a family member. (Who the hell on the world can give such a dumb response other than Mercedes Benz Call Center when they already know that we are 180 miles away from home location.)

After waiting there for 2 hours and having several conversations with Mercedes Benz Call center, They called again to find our exact location as they couldn’t pinpoint our location. We immediately responded them by sending our Google maps locations. After an hour, We called them up again (around 7 pm) and realized that they might take another 1 hour to pick our car. So we made up our mind and said to come and tow as we are going to leave keys inside and lock the car.

Here is the interesting part. As Mercedes Benz offers Lock and Unlock features through your mobile App from anywhere, I requested them to call me when they are about to pick my car so that I can unlock using my App. In that way, it's safer to have keys inside of car and keys would help to start the engine. The customer service rep says that they are not sure whether that feature works. Bummer. Finally, we agreed to leave keys nearby front tire and leave the place. We called for Lyft and our pick up was ready in 15 minutes to take us to Vegas.

Now the question arises on the products of Mercedes Benz.

1. How come Lyft able to pinpoint our location and render services in less than 15 minutes and dropped us safely to destined location whereas So called Advanced Machine Mercedes Benz couldn’t find its own location where it was stalled.
2. How come Lyft being an App operated able to provide best Customer service where as so-called Luxury vehicle Mercedes Benz doesn’t even know how to talk to its customers and provide some solution and get them to safe destination.
3. How come Mercedes Benz couldn’t offer a loaner car to its customers who are in needy (This is desperate state of being safe) than to promote on their brand.

4. How come Henderson Las Vegas Mercedes Benz fail to understand the customer needs instead claim as if their cars is good to move on run flats for another 50 miles. (When the car itself states as if it's disabled and cannot move).

After coming home, We realized as if AAA and Lyft are better than so called Luxury cars. Just think what would have happened if you have kids in the car, same situation and middle of nowhere. Why do we need to buy these cars which sets high expectations on their services but failed to execute when needed?

Original review: May 2, 2019

I was enticed by Mercedes to buy this car. I was told that there would be only 150 in the United States and that you could never buy the same model with the color of the anniversary edition. That was all fine. They did not sell the color and there were only 150 made. However!!! When the 2019 E400 came out you can walk into the showroom and buy the car with the same color as my 25 year anniversary edition. Very poor of the mercedes company to do that. I have owned probably 7 or 8 Mercedes in my life, and I have bought last one I will ever buy. The car has devalued a lot because of this. I am looking into filing with the Better Business Bureau against such lousy practice of such a large company. I will never buy another Mercedes and I will tell everyone to never trust what they have to offer. So please!!! In my opinion look elsewhere before you buy and overpay for a Mercedes... Look at Audi or BMW before you trust this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

Original review: April 28, 2019

I bought the car when it had half a tank of fuel in it but when you fill it up is stinks of gasoline. If you go online searching for this problem there are a lot of complaints regarding this situation but Mercedes chooses to ignore it! No recalls! Just expensive fixes! This is the 2nd piece of crap Mercedes I’ve had the misfortune to own.

Original review: April 27, 2019

My Mercedes-Benz C-Class interservisan could not believe in everything is working fine till they got their hands on it. They told me my realise what corroded both sides. Had a good look myself and was not what life was not working anymore. Then believe it also sat nav was working great. I came out - it stopped working. What the hell have they done to try and get money out of people? It's unbelievable, unacceptable and the worse dealership have ever dealt with. Even Skoda must offer something better than this. Never trust a murderer again.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I bought my car to them about a year ago and I been having nothing but trouble since I got a warranty on it. Cost me about 4 grand extra so any trouble it had I could take it to the dealership which is Mercedes-Benz Of Greenwich Ct, didn’t think of bring it back to the dealer cause of the extra warranty. It’s always in service at the Benz dealer. They say there’s nothing wrong with but when drive it you could feel my seat trembling bad. They say they keep changing parts but at this point I don’t believe them. I feel they just juicing the warranty I got because nothing has change. I hope you guys could help me. I’m in a bad space due to the stress with this car. Hope you guys can help me. I’m still paying on this car as well. Smh, this is wrong. I don’t know what else to do or say. Thank for your time.

Original review: April 22, 2019

40,840 Mile service on 2012 E-350. We had our 7 year (70,000 Mi.) service but only 40,840 miles on vehicle completed at Mercedes of Hilton Head which cost $785.46. All prior services, from our purchase in 2012 with 12,000 miles, completed at Mercedes of Hilton Head. They discounted this to $657.37 after I raised heck for billing me $6 for washer fluid I had just filled. The year before the annual service was $902.90. Then I got the breakdown on additional recommendations as follows 1) Replace Transmission mount found collapsed $254.09, 2) Repack and adjust front wheel bearings $518.97, 3) Reseal Left Front Cylinder Head Cover $278.27, 4) Reseal Both Left Side Cam Magnets $291.28, 5) Reseal Right Front Cylinder Head Cover $293.18, 6) Reseal Both Cam Magnets on Right Cylinder Head $395.58 For a total of $2031.37.

The last year we put on 4,000 miles with no mention of any of these issues in prior years. While I understand somewhat (again usually 100,000 miles) the repacking needs, the other two items were completely a failure of the vehicle to perform properly and unusual failure (I would hope) of things that I have had cars with over 150,000 miles without issues. I called Corporate, after the dealer gave no assistance, as I thought those repairs should be covered with such low mileage and care given to the car throughout its life. They offered $600 off if all service was completed at the dealership. I've had a Buick that was 2 years out of warranty with 42,000 miles engine replacement all the way to the torque converter because of the engine failure and cost me $100.00. I always thought Mercedes was a quality vehicle, and I was sadly mistaken. Do NOT Buy Mercedes.

Original review: April 17, 2019

2014 E350. Having problems with the ECO system! It's been in the Benz shop 3 time and still not working. I will try 1 more time before putting a complaint in with BBB!! NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!! May go back to LEXUS!!

Mercedes-Benz Company Information