3.4/5 (1691 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Mazda

Mazda is a Japanese automaker that makes cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read Mazda 3 reviews to learn about other models.

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Mazda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Strongly suggest you don't purchase from this dealership or a Mazda. I purchased a used Mazda CX5 that was originally sold from Moffatts. I was hearing a small noise from under the hood 5 months in after I bought it less than 80,000 km, took it to my mechanic. He told me it was the transmission and there was TSB out on this issues with this model and to take it to Mazda to see if it was under powertrain warranty. I was told by Moffatts that I was out of luck that the warranty had just expired like within days! Not even a month.

They told me to contact Mazda Canada. I did. They told me Moffatts will have to determine if they offer "goodwill" on the warranty. Jason the service manager told me that I don't have a good enough relationship for them to assist me with this, I have no history with them. I need a whole new transmission 7-10,000$ on a car with less than 80,000 km AND the issue that the transmission has is a known issue! I even asked them and Mazda Canada to meet me halfway that I would pay half - NOPE! This is my first experience with Mazda. I will NEVER purchase or recommend Mazda. I can't believe they don't stand behind their products and both the service from Moffatts and Mazda Canada was terrible. Jason just kept saying the same thing, I have no relationship (they SOLD this car to start with). I really can't believe this is how they are handling this situation.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

While we love our CX-5 we are disappointed with the service we received at McKinney Mazda, Easley, SC. Upon arrival we told the service advisor that one of the infotainment buttons was stuck. He immediately stated that this was not a part that failed and we must have spilled something in it. I asked if we could get it checked and he blatantly stated Mazda would not approve the repairs.

I then spoke to the service manager who agreed to have it checked but I would have to leave the car and it could take a week because of how backed up they were. I further explained that I did not have an appointment because the issue just occurred and the warranty was about to expire. Knowing this there was no offer to bring it back in after the warranty expired to get the repair completed.. After hearing nothing for 5 days I emailed the service manager and COO to ask if the car could be ready within the next two days as I was already out $500 for a car rental.

While I didn't receive a response directly the service advisor did call to say that the car was ready the same day and the part was defective. Accusing a customer of damage without any proof is an unethical business practice, especially when the part was indeed the problem, there was no apology for the accusatory statements made by the dealer. I find it hard to believe that I would ever buy another Mazda.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I have purchased a 2022 Mazda CX-5 3 months ago (May 2022) and since have had a terrible experience with both Mazda and the dealer who sold me the car (Westshore Mazda in Tampa, FL). Trying to reach Mazda's customer's support is the worst ordeal I had in a long time. You wait and wait and wait, and then get disconnected, and if you finally talk with someone, you get disconnected at the middle of the call and no one calls you back.

I had a MAJOR issue with the car a few days ago that almost resulted in a serious accident. After spending over two hours!!! trying to reach Mazda customers service, I managed to share some information and received an email with a case number, but that's it. No one followed up on this, and the whole approach of those that I spoke with was very strange and unprofessional!!!

I am writing this message while waiting for Mazda Customer support to answer my call. This is my 3rd attempt and now already waiting for more than 10 minutes... Mazda Financial Service, on the other hand can be reached in minutes and always answer... But besides nice marketing I recommend to be aware of this company!!! TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE... "SERVICE"...

Original review: July 27, 2022

I purchased my Mazda CX-9 2 years ago, currently with 15K miles. On my recent service visit, I was informed that all 4 tires need to be replaced, even though I only have 15K miles on the new vehicle. Service rep stated it was clearly a manufacturer defect. Unfortunately Yokohama tires refuses to stand by their product and offer a replacement. Similarly when the dealership contacted Mazda directly, Mazda also refused to stand by the product they put on my car. A $1000 cost to replace the tires just 2 years into ownership is unacceptable.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I bought a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Touring trim with an extra package. Little things that I noticed. The home screen has an anti-glare film on it. Be very careful what you use to clean it with. I would use a dry soft cloth or mildly dampened. That film will rub off and it will leave a splotch easily. The plastic crystal over the gearbox (where the gearshift is) is cheap plastic. If you fart in the car, it can scratch it. I'm trying to make a cover for it because to it will continue to mar. I can't find one commercially made for this. Mazda admitted to me that it scratches easily. It's over $500 to replace. The tires had a treadwear rating of 260. That's not great at all. I replaced them with Hankook Kinergy PT H737 with an 860 rating. My mechanic said he's seen great wear with these for the price.

In a wintry climate, heated side view mirrors are great. It's not a creature comfort, but a safety feature. Having to go up to a Grand Touring trim to get them is expensive. I drove a beater car from 1989 and it had heated rear view mirrors. This isn't something new. I miss a CD player. When I was looking at cars, Subaru still had a CD player and Nissan was phasing it out in the 2019 model. For us that have lots of CDs, we miss the CD player. Mazda's warranties are lagging behind the competition. Mazda has to up its game. Mazda is trying to position itself against the luxury models at a better price. My feeling is if you want that luxury quality, you may have to look at the luxury brands. Generally, you get what you pay for. Even a used luxury brand is worth looking at if you want that luxury feel. When I buy a new car, I will closely at the competitors again.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Mazda says their motto is to make you feel alive, I say it’s the opposite. It should be “Make you signed death warrant”. Here is case. I purchased brand new 2016 Mazda cx5 from Mazda dealership back in 2015. Loved the car. It was driving smooth and nice. I recommended multiple family member and friends to buy Mazda after this and few bought it as well. Got all of my car services done at Mazda dealership service centers as well. Move past to year 2022 February. I was driving car on highway while an Emergency Break light came on and noise from rear. Took it to dealership to get it checked up and they said it was rear caliper that was dragging the brakes with rotors, it will need to get replaced. (This was right side on original inspection.)

While servicing they found left side caliper was doing same thing and it had damaged brake and rotors as well. I came to find out there was a TSB Ref # R052/16C created for this issue back in 2016 and revised in 2017. It was a known issue that Mazda knew about it and my car’s VIN number was within the range of cars that could have this issue. I never received a notice that there could be an issue with my car and go have it checked it out at service center. When this TSB came out my car was still within the original warranty and could have gotten this fixed. But by the time when this issue came up car was out of warranty by then and they have put my family and mine life in risk for good 5 years, good thing it didn’t cause any accident while I was driving the car around. I ended paying $1712.15 for rear two new caliper, pair of brakes, rotors and service.

I reached out to Mazda USA to help with the bill since it was a known issue. They came back saying they can’t do anything since it wasn’t a recall. Mazda dealership service center was no help either, even I bought the car from them and had all my serviced done with them as well, won’t do any goodwill or offer any service. After multiple calls with Mazda customer service center over multiple months case is still going. I did not expected that I would be signing a death warrant by buying a Mazda I would not recommend anyone any more to get into business with Mazda. I care about safety of drivers. If Mazda can’t send out a communication to even to get the vehicle checked out for safety reason, well that is a shame and like I said they should not be using the slogans like “Make you feel alive” and just change it to “Make you signed death warrant”. Hope after reading this someone will reach out to offer help.

Original review: April 1, 2022

After buying a 2015 Mazda CX-5 pre-owned vehicle I had a drivetrain issue at 60K miles that cost $2800 to repair in October of 2021. Even though the preowned warranty was for 7 years and 100K miles they wouldn't cover the repair costs due to some technicality they cited with the warranty agreement. The original dealership changed ownership twice in the three years, so I brought the car to another dealership for repairs and dealt with Mazda corporate for reimbursement. The dealership that did the repairs agreed it was faulty drivetrain parts, but told me Mazda corporate said it was out of warranty.

After repeated attempts to contact the customer experience center both by phone and email, over several months, I could never get past their first line of customer service to make my case to anyone with any authority to review my case. On several occasions they indicated they would get back to me, but never did. I would recommend against buying a new or preowned Mazda. They do not stand behind their product as evidenced by the initial faulty drivetrain and lack of customer support.

- Steve

Original review: March 15, 2022

I bought my 2021 Mazda CX-5 in February of 2021 in Saint Louis, Missouri. I travel for work and I am currently in Flagstaff, Arizona. My vehicle began making a roaring sound from the passenger side tire. I thought it was odd because my car only has 30,000 miles on it. I took it to a local mechanic because the closest Mazda dealership is over 100 miles away. And I did not feel comfortable driving it. Turns out my wheel bearing is bad. I called Mazda customer service and they said “Yes that wheel bearings are covered under warranty," and they can call for a tow truck but there is no guarantee that a tow truck will be able to come get it, and if they do there will be no guarantee that it can be dropped back off. I have no other vehicle to pick it up. I asked if I could just take my vehicle to a mechanic and have them repair it and be reimbursed and the customer service rep said, “no it will have to be a Mazda dealership for warranty to cover it.”

In conclusion, there is no guarantee that my vehicle will be picked up, and if it is there is no guarantee that it will be dropped off. Also no reimbursement so I am paying out of pocket. What is the point of a “warranty” that does not give you options to repair your vehicle? The customer service rep said she would transfer me to her supervisor and that she also sent her my number in case we got disconnected. She hung up the phone and I never received a call from her supervisor. Mazda warranty is **.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I leased a Mazda in August of last year. I got in a car accident in January. Mazda in Palm Beach Gardens has my car for repair. They can not give me a date since they can't get parts until maybe June. Mazda Financial told me to trade the lease in for a new one, I spent 5 hours at Mazda in PBG they wanted to offer me the same car @ 750.00 a month vs the 300.00 I am paying currently as well as 5000. down and trade in the car they are repairing. I have called Mazda corp, Mazda Financial as well as the Mazda dealership for some help with no returned phone. They will NOT give me a loaner car because they only give out loaners for service issues. My current position is I have NO car. No idea when it will be fixed. Paying 300.00 a month for my lease as well as 1500.00 a month for a rental car.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

My car front control arm had a total failure in which the ring holding the ball joint on the front passenger side snapped the approximately 1 inch solid metal, This happened while driving. My car slammed to a halt, my tire disconnected and rotated 90 degrees. I have owned many older Classic Vehicles, and this is the first time I have seen this without a full side on collision. I called Mazda Canada, and got told the Car was out of warranty. As a result of there not being a recall on this part I am on my own. Damaged caused was Control Arm, Ball Joint, Front and Rear Bushings as well as a new axle need. You have to love being taken advantage of. This was my first Mazda purchase, and my last.

Mazda Company Information