2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Mazda is a Japanese automaker that makes cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read Mazda 3 reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Mazda Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This vehicle has been very dependable with no major repairs needed. I've been a bit disappointed as to the fuel economy. The model I purchased was a 4-cylinder. I've only been getting around 25 mpg on the highway, not as fuel efficient as other 4-cylinder pickups I've owned in the past. The interior is a bit cramped, but then again, it is a small pickup. Overall, I've been happy with it. I may opt for a 6-cylinder pickup next time around which will be a bit more powerful than a 4-cylinder and still economical to drive.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I bought a new Mazda CX-5 based on reviews in 2016. It is comfortable and peppy. This is first crossover vehicle I have owned and I like it. It sits higher than a car and has more space to haul things, yet is small enough to easily park in tight spaces. So far it is very reliable.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I grudgingly moved from a Jeep to my Madza CX-5....and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The space is a little tighter than my Grand Cherokee but I haven’t really noticed. It’s very reliable and you can’t lock yourself out of the car, which is a huge bonus! It’s been a great car and I ask a lot of it! Oh, one other thing ~ I occasionally drive for Uber and a lot of times people will get in and ask me what car this is, as they are really impressed.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I own a 2005 RX 8. Kept up with the oil change and maintenance of the car, I seen that Mazda was doing a recall on the motor and wanted to know how could I get my car into the program to get a new engine. I love my car and will never part from it. I've found water in oil stick and even though it hasn't ran hot would it be a problem to have a new engine in my car? Please email me at ** for more info on this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I own 2009 Mazda 5. It has 145,000 miles on it and still runs great! I bought it in 2010 and it was the best car purchase. No problems at all. Only changing oils, tires, and breaks. We needed second car and we decided to get another Mazda, this time CX5. I think I would never buy another brand. I would absolutely recommend to a family and friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

Original review: April 1, 2020

This car is extremely dangerous. It’s all touchscreen, and the numbers and letters for heat, music and air conditioning are so minute you can barely see them. Wtf??? Why not knobs. Are your engineers stupid, I have to date almost been in 2 very bad crashes due to trying to just turn on the air. I also hate the touchscreen for the Internet connection using my phone. This is ridiculous and so dangerous. I made a mistake buying this car.

Original review: March 7, 2020

Engine Failure. My wife's car that we both really enjoyed until recently. I did a lot of research on this vehicle before we purchased it and the price was excellent with the Tech option. All was ok until a few weeks ago. Started noticing the smell of burnt oil in the cabin when we were stopped at an intersection. Came home, looked under the vehicle and didn't notice anything. This continued on each time we used it (we carpool so it doesn't get driven daily) and then eventually I noticed oil spots on our driveway. Thought it may be either dripping from the filter or the bolt so I decided to do an oil change which I noticed that there was an excessive amount of oil present on the underside of the chassis and also in the plastic shroud that must be removed to access the oil pan and filter. The bolt and filter were on tight so the oil was coming from another location.

Drove the vehicle into work the following day and again the smell of burning oil (like oil that would get onto the exhaust) was present when the vehicle was running but at a stop. Parked in a spot where there were no oil spots and I went into work. Roughly 3 hours later I had a look at the vehicle and noticed a 5" round oil spot under the vehicle. Contacted the Mazda dealership and drove it in for an appointment that afternoon. They had the vehicle for 2 hours and I came there after work to check up on what they found. First words out of the technician were "we ordered you a new engine as this one has a porous block". Not sure if the block was porous or cracked as one would think that after 31000kms it would have been evident sooner.

Regardless, the dealership provided a replacement vehicle (Mazda 3) and have indicated that this will be repaired once they receive a new engine as they were on back order. Dealership also indicated that this is not the first 2.5L with this issue found on a 2018 CX5. I've owned over 30 vehicles so far and this is the first time I've had this type of failure. Needless to say, I'm not too happy with the reliability demonstrated by a Japanese built vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My daughter was massacred in her Mazda 3, they say it was 35 miles an hour. The entire front end was ripped off, engine laying on ground. It didnt seem right so I contacted Mazda to see if they were interested in defending the safety record of their products, guess what? If you're not buying you can go ** yourself. FYI we are not suing anyone, just want the truth and justice. Apparently Mazda doesnt care about their ** claims to a safe car. Friends if you have children, get them anything but a Mazda. God bless.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

So for almost a year I’ve been receiving these pamphlets in the mail about a recall for my airbag. And it always said it would take an hour to complete. I take the day off work and drive half an hour to my nearest Mazda dealer for my appointment. Apparently there’s 3 recalls that need to be done and it’s a 3-4 hour wait!!!! They should give me a new car for all of this bs. There’s less than a zero percent chance of me ever buying another Mazda. I get to spend my whole entire morning sitting in a Mazda dealership. I’m fuming right now!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I received a SSPA9 (Special Service Program) notice (gap between a instrument panel and information display) on October 2017. I called my local dealer (Scott Mazda of Allentown) three times and last call being on Feb.6 2018 and each time I was told that the parts are on backorder. I since forgot about it until today because I had to bring the car in for another common problem that a RECALL should be issued for (flickering lights while breaking) and asked about it again, but unfortunately I was informed that the SSPA9 has expired. I called Mazda customer service and was told that I should've brought the car to the dealer and gotten a work order to prove that I had the problem!. I wish someone had told me that the last time I called (Feb. 6 2018). Seems to me like a very convenient way to avoid paying for the repair!!!.

Mazda Company Information