Mazda

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It's my fault that Mazda use Bose speakers that corrode in the doors and stop working. So not covered under the warranty. Definitely not Mazda's or Bose's fault. The brand / image that Mazda portrays is not reflected in the after sales service and warranty team. Buyer beware!

We bought 2 cars from Mazda Delray Beach. Both cars brand new. Less than 3 miles on each. We bought a 2009 cx9 and later a cx7 2010. Both cars has problems. The cx9 blind spot monitor, air conditioner, window motor, front and rear window motors. The cx 7 problems with the same problems. Windows front cannot close. Front door driver side lock came off. Right front passenger door lock messed up, it cannot be opened. Rear right window cannot go up. My cx9 has 46.000K miles 8 years old and the cx7 just turned 60.000K 7 years old.

I was told that it is normal for those repairs to occur. That's ** ! We have bought cars brand new cars from Nissan, Infiniti, Mitsubishi Motors and we never had any problems with these cars like what we are having with our Mazda cars. Infiniti, Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors we drove them to their limit and all we did was oil change and maintenance tire change. Think 4 times before you decide to buy a Mazda.

Purchased a BRAND NEW 2016 Mazda 3 in August 2016 from Peruzzi Mazda in Fairless Hills, PA. $23,000.00 price tag. December 2016 blower motor had to be replaced. January 2017 the touchscreen console stopped working completely after taking the car through a car wash. Was unable to operate the radio, GPS etc. May 2017 water entered into the passenger side and soaked the passenger side carpets. Water continued to drip underneath the passenger side dashboard for 2 days. Mazda service found 2 HOLES IN THE FIREWALL SEAL which were allowing water to enter the vehicle. Conclusion: a defective vehicle which should be replaced.

Public Service Announcement: Don't buy a Mazda AND do not use Passport Mazda in Suitland, MD. My daughter's Mazda 6 had a sunroof that literally exploded on Jan 11, 2017 while she was driving. She said it sounded like a gunshot and she almost wrecked. It exploded upward and out of the vehicle although she had A LOT of glass that rained back in on her and the inside of her car. The vehicle was only 8 months old. Mazda replaced the sunroof out of "goodwill" (as they put it) and informed us that it was probably due to a shard of metal in the track left over from manufacturing... pressure built up on the glass and it exploded. Her vehicle is not the first vehicle to do this - Google it! They are refusing to repair the leather seats that the glass got embedded in and ripped and are refusing to fix the paint where the glass flew out and took a chunk of paint off the roof and the trunk of the vehicle.

We have been trying to work through this with them since January. I have been on the phone with Corporate Mazda who in turn have been trying to get Passport Mazda on the phone for 2 weeks to get their side of the story. They have not made a connection with Corporate in over two weeks. Isn't that like ignoring your boss? Besides the fact that Mazda will not stand behind their product and quality. One of my daughter's first "adult purchases" has not turned out to be a disheartening experience. They have not heard the last from us as we stand up for what is right! Do not purchase a Mazda as their customer service is LESS THAN SATISFACTORY and we purchased not ONE but TWO MAZDAS ON THE SAME DAY! It's all about how you respond to what goes wrong, Mazda!

In 2005 I purchased new Mazda 3, it never gave me any problems. I traded it in for a 2016 Mazda 6. After app. 6 months the vehicle started jerking forward when I moved the car from Park to Drive. I took the car in to be checked and they advised me the transmission had to be replaced. I am somewhat disappointed; however, I'm glad it went out prior to the warranty expired.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

Had the passenger side window motor replaced about a year ago. Now replacing the driver side motor. I asked the service rep if this wouldn't be viewed as a "Quality" issue and his response was that he understood my frustration. Lol. Facts are not frustration, but this issue alone is enough to cause us to consider vehicles other than Mazda for our next purchase. When there are multiple failures of the same part, I believe reasonable people would consider it a quality issue.

First, I would like to say I have been satisfied with my Mazda product. I have had my car now for 12 years and have had virtually no issues other than normal maintenance. However, my car has had several recalls, one of which came after I had already had and paid for the repair. That is where I have my problem with Mazda. The recall stated it takes 6-8 weeks to process a claim on repairs that have been recalled, o.k., I get it. I sent my recall reimbursement form and supporting documents registered mail, which was a smart move on my part, because they first tried to claim that they did not receive my recall repayment request. I told them that a representative had signed for the registered mail 4 days after I sent it. So they requested. I fax the form and supporting documents.

I waited approximately 4 weeks to see what the status on my refund was. Mazda Recall Center told me they can't send a check because the repair was made with a credit payment (it was a debit card that was used for the payment on an account I had already closed). So they told me after a week later, when I called again, that they would have to get an approval to send a check. I waited 2 more weeks, called and was told that the check "should" be on the way 2-3 weeks. I waited 3 weeks to call back, and have now been told that it will take another 2-3 weeks to get the reimbursement. I feel as the Mazda is Hemming and Hawing with this issue for whatever reason and would like to know if anyone else has been having this type of issue with Mazda.

Dealership sucks, vehicle is good! No doubt that I had done my homework. Family I come from ** is Honda lovers and this was first time, I went out and opted for #mazdacanada. Mazda has some great features which Honda was missing and I was forced to cut down ROGUE because 4 cameras were headache and risky than technology developed by #mazda. Honda CRV, I realized is under power engine and whenever you need force/power, you can sense a howling and growling engine. It has overpriced itself and these two were major reason to opt for Mazda CX-5. There is one camera but sensors are used so intelligently that I have to say they made a niche for themselves.

As soon as a car is in your blind spot - you don't/should not be looking into camera feeds - in Mazda CX-5, sensors make a yellow light glow in your mirror with a beep indicating that there is vehicle or person in your blind spot. I am over six feet - so entering and exiting is slight... a little bit tight... I have to adjust my posture of entering and exiting from this vehicle. My dealer experience was not as good as I wanted to be - #abbotsfordautomall #automall where #vipmazda is situated, didn't clarify before I reach to finance department that #bumper to bumper warranty is for 3 years only. They try to sell you insurance cover for those extra 2 years. Second bad taste happened, again when I was facing finance department that INSURANCE have to be from the dealer. They informed me that INSURANCE cannot be done from outside brokers or agents!

Coming back to vehicle, it's comfortable and nice... Ride is good but still cabin is not silent as I was expecting... In total, this is great vehicle which shows innovations and intelligent designing done by Mazda. This is made in Japan and quality of interior is not as bad as we see in Honda CRV. I like the way sensors handles vehicle and its power... when FWD will be changed in AWD is done auto. Thus it saves lot of fuel. I have driven it in fresh snow, black ice and the way vehicle managed traction and control is awesome. Seating is good and boot is comfortable too. I would definitely suggest this vehicle for small family usage - its navigation and sunroof is added features which helps in movement.

I purchased a 2017 Mazda 6 Sport at Fremont Mazda. So far I absolutely love my car. My salesman was great in having everything ready when I came in to sign I because I had to get back to work by a certain time. My problem is with Mazda's finance department. A little background. The last time I purchased a new car from a dealership was 30 years ago. It was very simple. I was offered upgrades. I declined. No problem. This time around when I got home I Sat and looked over my contract and saw optional service contracts below was Mazda Maintenance $2,150.00. I recall the finance person mentioning "oh and you have 5 years free maintenance at any Mazda Service Center in California." My thought is "oh that must be the manufacture's warranty."

I contacted my salesman and I'm told it's for a optional service contract. I was never offered this optional item, no one said to me "we can add this free maintenance service to your purchase for an extra $2,150.00." I was furious. My salesman contacted me. Said if I didn't want it they would remove it and write up a new contract. I went back to the dealership. Signed a new contract. My car payment is now $50.00 a month cheaper. That should have been the end of it but lo & behold I find another optional on my contract in the amount of $795.00 for Debt Cancellation Option Agreement which I googled and is GAP insurance which again I was not asked if I wanted this insurance added to my contract.

Oh on the first issue I filed a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office Consumer Complaints. Today I'm waiting for The State Insurances Commissioner's Office to call me back and advise me what I should. My real concern with all this is how many other people have been victims of the same and don't know where to ask for help or aren't even aware optional items have been added to their contract without their consent!

I had got a brand new mazda 3, 2013 model. I have had the car three years and done now 37000 ks on it. It was only into a month of having it the engine on start up first thing in the morning would violently shake to the point I thought the car would fall apart. I rang the dealer who said bring it in for them to check over, they told me it was because the oil in it was fat and cold oil and when the engine would warm up it will go away, which it did. It does this every morning on start up, sometimes it is violent sometimes it will shake and vibrate then calm down. At 20000 ks after I took it in for its second service to which the services are capped at a ridiculous price of 315.00 dollars charged me roughly around 370.00 dollars because the dealer had said the price of oil went up. So capped in a contract doesn't count obviously.

After the 20000 ks service the engine light appeared, I took it back to the dealer who said it would cost me anywhere from $1000.00 to $ 4000,00 to fix it, I asked "why would I have to pay for it?" He said I got bad petrol in it, I asked him what was the error code, he said he didn't know, so I asked him to go get it for me, he said they never got an error code because nothing showed up on the computer!!! But told me it would cost me X amount of Dollars to fix it!

They reset the computer and told me next time it comes up to bring it in and see what it says, the engine light came back up so I took elsewhere to get a reading, it showed misfire in cylinder no2, I took it back to the dealer, all they did was change things around in the motor, reset the computer again. Engine light comes back up I took it to the same place as before and it showed misfire cylinder no4, I took it back into the dealer as a rattle in the driver side window started to appear and to get this cylinder no4 fixed. I left the car there for the day only to return to find they did absolutely nothing to it.

The service manager said they would fix it on next service and would most likely have to pay for everything that was wrong with it, needless to say I never took it back. I notified Mazda of the trouble I seemed to be having with the dealers and their warranties but to no avail. However I have spent a little under $700.00 to fix it now, a new coil, new spark plugs and a new battery that should have been fixed at 20000 ks. Needless to say it didn't fix the problem. I have written to Mazda, yet again but have not heard a response as yet.

No one, nor would Mazda employees or the manager ever deal with a car nor pay way over 20000 for a car that has nothing but trouble with it, so why is this happening to the ones that are buying their cars that are defective and in my opinion dangerous, computers have been known to just stop to which the last mechanic thought that what is wrong with my car. We definitely need a class A action. Whatever happened to integrity and morals!

Just out of warranty my passenger window motor broke. I had to buy a new motor off the internet because the dealership wanted six times the price for the part. Then a year later the driver outside door handle broke. Four months later the same handle broke again. I didn't realize but the other handles don't get as much use but they're starting to show they're starting to give. I will not be buying a Mazdas again and this car (Mazda cx7 2010)was not cheap.

I bought Mazda 6 at GRIECO MAZDA OF NORTH PALM BEACH. The car was equipped with all the features which I liked. But the staff were very bad and doing all dirty tricks to misguide me. At the time of purchase they said the service would be free for the first year and also said they would add the tint on the vehicle. But when I went there for first service, they asked to pay for service and tint. Staff there are very ridiculous... were not even responding properly when I went there to ask!!

I purchased this new car in 2015 and I have had problems with the transmission. When going from reverse to drive, the car lurches forward without even putting your foot on the gas. Because of it I hit a cement wall and did $6000 damage to the front end. After several trips to the dealer they finally told me that they were aware of the problem and ordered a new part. Well it is doing it again. I park in a parking ramp and I have to maneuver to get parked. Last week the car lurched forward again and did damage to the car again. Now back to the dealer and I am sure they will once again tell me I don't know how to drive. Parking attendants have had the same issue and hit a planter when the car lurched forward. I regret the day I ever purchased this vehicle. I just do NOT want to own it anymore because it is not safe.

I bought my Mazda 3 hatchback 3.5 months ago. I live in the Chicagoland area and on a recent freezing day I came out to the car after work to find that the rear driver's side window had shattered completely. Thankfully the car is under warranty and my dealer made it very easy to fix but I don't think this should happen.

The Mazda vehicles we have owned were both reliable and cost effective.

I bought my Mazda 6 brand new almost 2 years ago and haven't had any trouble with it at all. My Mazda is very well designed. My car is very well designed and has all of the current options available. It is comfortable and the ride is quiet. It handles well in bad weather. I love the many features such as the blind spot monitor, tire pressure monitor, Navigation system, Boise radio, Bluetooth for hands free phone and other features. I feel safe and confident driving my car. If I ever need or want to buy a new car again, I will buy another Mazda.

Mazda 5 has suspension problems - I have had shocks redone 3 times in 7 years. I am a single woman not carrying passengers all the time!! Others have the same issues - otherwise a good car. Great car all around but they are discontinuing it - maybe because of the suspension problems. Gas mileage is good if you stay below 110. :)

Mazda CX5 2016 Transmission Failure at 57,500 miles. How do I create a class action lawsuit against Mazda for a transmission defect that the manufacturer supposedly knew at the time of assembly? I bought the car new. After 30 months, the transmission failed. I had to dump the car after the repair, at a loss. On the positive, the body style was great, handling superior, interior lay out convenient, poor quality interior craftsmanship on seats, but to have the transmission crap out was a real bummer.

Hi - My 2010 CX7 with full Mazda service history and only 57600 miles on the clock, stopped at 60 MPH on a busy dual carriage way with my kids in the car, I could barely steer or brake it was terrifying! Luckily we managed to come to a stop only because it was a quiet time of day on school holidays or god knows what could have happened. I called Mazda to advise them as I thought they would want to know about the issue, total stone wall.

I had the car towed to a garage nearby who told me the engine had seized due to it being starved of oil, the car was FULL of oil. They checked and it was a block in the sump. After doing research I realise this is a very common problem with Mazda and I cannot believe they are totally ignoring this issue, not help offered. My car was worth #7.5k now it's worth nothing! Where is Mazda's duty of car to customer driving this car, why are they not making sure dealerships are checking this issue to protect people at service, what will it take, someone to be killed! I am just disgusted at their refusal to acknowledge this issue.

I purchased a 2015 Mazda CX7 from Looms Ford in Fredericksburg Virginia June of 2015. At the time of purchase the vehicle had 37K. Looms Ford knew that the battery was going, told me "when there's a problem, contact us." When the car wouldn't start about 6 weeks later, I called and they informed me, not their problem. The battery blew up under the hood, had it towed, mechanic said he never seen anything like it. That's the first problem. Car made a whistle noise, come to find out it's the turbo. Mind you this car has only 64K miles on it.

Called Mazda, told them the turbo had failed. They want records of all maintenance. I can give them records of battery situation because the car was towed. But when it comes to changing oil or filters, I am quite capable. Now they won't fix turbo because I chose to change my own oil instead of paying someone else to do it. Mazda us nothing but a letdown. I wouldn't recommend a Mazda vehicle to my worst enemy. I will NEVER buy another Mazda.

This is the first Mazda I've purchased and owned. The purchase of the vehicle was fine and I like the car. However... I asked to have a remote start installed (I live over an hour and a half from the dealership as this is the closest Mazda dealership to my home). I took a full day off work to drive to the dealership and wait four hours for the remote start to be installed. They installed an Mobile Remote Start (MMS) and NOT a remote start as I asked. The Mobile remote start doesn't work where I live and work in WV due to the lack of cell service in many areas. So I asked them to remove it. I had to take off another full day off work to have them remove the incorrect product that they installed the regular Mazda remote start.

It's been a couple of months and the Mazda product (remote start) has been nothing but problems! It works one day and then doesn't work the next day. When it does work, it won't start until I'm like right up on top of my car and then when you open the door, the car shuts off. I changed the batteries and that didn't do anything. It worked the first day and not the second or third day. I contacted my salesman who said I could bring it back down and they would take a look at it and repair it if there was an issue. He said they would replace it if it was faulty. I went out and looked up the reviews and the reviews all indicate that similar problems have existed (with reviews dating) back to 2012. Apparently Mazda has done nothing to address or fix the issues with the faulty device.

I requested a refund (I paid about $500.00 for the product and the installation). Mazda refused to give me a refund. They care absolutely nothing about the bottom line of their customers. This will be the LAST MAZDA I ever buy! Not because the car is bad, I like the car, but because the service after the sale of a 30K+ product is obviously NOT one where the customer care. I will be encouraging all my friends on Facebook and work and everyone from here on out who ask me about my car (it's a beautiful car... I get lots of questions about it), NEVER to buy one if they expect to have quality service after the sale! Terrible business practices Mazda! You should be ashamed of yourselves. P. S. I am a service disabled veteran... To all veterans out there... Beware!!!

Mazda headquarters in Clermont Florida is terrible. I know many people who worked there and lost their jobs for no reason. The managers of the store don't know how to sell a car and the customer service is horrible. Don't ever buy a car from here. It's not worth your time or money.

Two rear speakers in the car are hardly working. You can only hear sound when you open the trunk of the car. Those speakers are called 'tweedlers.' I've been to Mazda several times and they have given me various excuses to why they produce little sound. I decided to take the car to an independent audio dealer and they notice via a metered reading that those two rear speakers were not getting enough power therefore they would not change the speakers. I told a picture of the meter reading. When I returned to Mazda, after an hour I was told that, "That's how the system was set up." So I contacted Bose and they said, "That is how Mazda set up their speakers." Could someone please help me solve this problem? Many, many thanks.

Just passed 24000km on the odometer and the brand new 2016 CX3 I bought a year ago has a complete transmission failure. I had to bring it into the dealership (Stoney Trail Mazda) in Calgary AB Canada for a period of 4 weeks. They had to replace the complete transmission which took 2 weeks and after the replacement there was still noises coming from the vehicle, they took another two weeks to find out what was wrong and was complete clueless. They told me they did further work by replacing the flywheel and a number of other parts.

The dealership is making an effort and did fix everything without further cost to me and did provide a rental vehicle which I appreciate greatly. However, I completely lost confidence in Mazda as a company. I've been a long time Mazda owner and the fact that the dealership is not stepping up to replace a clearly lemon/defective vehicle is really upsetting. This will be the last Mazda I will ever own. Stay away from the Mazda CX3!!!

I bought a Mazda RX-8 with an engine warranty and Mazda refuses to pay for a new engine. There is also a recall on a part in an airbag and they refuse to fix the damages caused by a faulty part. If you are looking for a car don't go to Mazda unless you are looking for nothing but disappointment.

MAZDA 5 shocks have been replaced 3 times - this is a defect and should have been a recall a long time ago - so many people have had this problem. It affects steering and tire wear significantly. I went to Metro Mazda in Vancouver BC last time. I asked them to put Monroe's lifetime warrantied shocks on and they said they did. I asked for the warranty - they said just come back if there is an issue. The warranty will be there. I am no longer in Vancouver so I can not go back. Mazda put on NAPA and not Monroes! NAPA Parts will only honour the warranty if I bring back the old ones - labour not covered. I am single woman and I hardly ever have passengers so why have I had rear shocks go 3 times - with just over a hundred KM? This is a recall issue and one has not been issued.

Bought a 2012 CX-9. First 2 years car ran great then 500 miles past warranty driver window motor goes out. Then a week later passenger window motor goes bad. Battery goes out. Car was only 2 years old. Now under recall which part needs to be replaced and both wheel bearings are going out after only 50K miles. What a POS. These parts should not be going bad this soon. Will never buy another Mazda again. Just lost my business because was going to buy another one next year.

Purchased a CX9 new in 2007. Drove it with a few problems like the Prox key losing its program forcing us to buy a new one at the cost of $300 plus $100 programing. But that's the short of it... At 59000 miles I walk into the dealer and have them doing some recall work on the car. I tell them its transmission is kind of slipping. Service guy says don't worry and recommends a trans service... I say ok... Come back a month later ask for trans service and he says, "It's over drivetrain warranty now. Maybe the service will help." Sounds like the trans is shot. The part alone is $9000 and removal is another $3000. Has no record of my issue at prior visit. Says there is no warranty. Said "you don't service your car here so we won't help you." I ended up spending another $3k out of pocket having a trans shop rebuild the trans. If you're thinking about it... RUN FROM MAZDA!

I purchased my CX-5 in 2015, and it is just at one year old. The windshield cracked, starting from the left hand side and reaches across right in front of the view. Researching this, it is apparent that many Mazda owners have experienced cracked windshields. There was no rock, just started cracking. Under warranty still, but the dealer will not honor the windshield. Replacement cost including labor is $850.00.

Also, the tires on the car were nearly bald at 16,000 mi. The cost to replace the set was over $1,600 one year into the ownership, and I've had to pay an additional $2,500 in expenses. If I had it to do all over again, I would have purchased the Honda CRX. So sad to give a company so much money, and have no similar consideration in return. And the dealerships do not take ownership of the problems; "It's the Mazda manufacturing, in Japan". I'll never purchase another Mazda again. I hope this encourages someone to not purchase any Mazda vehicles in the future. I'll spend an hour or two at the dealership on Saturday to mention these issues to prospective buyers.

Mazda roadside charged me to use a towing company to pick up my vehicle and take it in for service. My vehicle never made it to the service department, they kept my car and wanted to charge me additional to tow again. I was not able to retrieve my vehicle so I lost to towing company. I called the bank they retrieve the vehicle and repoed. The car was auctioned off. Now it shows on my credit report. I'm having a hard time getting a vehicle due to open loan.

Mazda Company Profile