2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.99/5

Mazda is a Japanese automaker that makes cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read Mazda 3 reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Mazda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This vehicle has been very dependable with no major repairs needed. I've been a bit disappointed as to the fuel economy. The model I purchased was a 4-cylinder. I've only been getting around 25 mpg on the highway, not as fuel efficient as other 4-cylinder pickups I've owned in the past. The interior is a bit cramped, but then again, it is a small pickup. Overall, I've been happy with it. I may opt for a 6-cylinder pickup next time around which will be a bit more powerful than a 4-cylinder and still economical to drive.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I bought a new Mazda CX-5 based on reviews in 2016. It is comfortable and peppy. This is first crossover vehicle I have owned and I like it. It sits higher than a car and has more space to haul things, yet is small enough to easily park in tight spaces. So far it is very reliable.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I grudgingly moved from a Jeep to my Madza CX-5....and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The space is a little tighter than my Grand Cherokee but I haven’t really noticed. It’s very reliable and you can’t lock yourself out of the car, which is a huge bonus! It’s been a great car and I ask a lot of it! Oh, one other thing ~ I occasionally drive for Uber and a lot of times people will get in and ask me what car this is, as they are really impressed.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This is my first Mazda and I absolutely love it. It took me some time to get use to the break assist feature since it was my first time. But I love the features and the gas mileage is amazing especially because I am a real estate agent and drive about 1500-2000 miles a month

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I own a 2005 RX 8. Kept up with the oil change and maintenance of the car, I seen that Mazda was doing a recall on the motor and wanted to know how could I get my car into the program to get a new engine. I love my car and will never part from it. I've found water in oil stick and even though it hasn't ran hot would it be a problem to have a new engine in my car? Please email me at ** for more info on this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

After less than a year of ownership my MX-5 convertible was developing holes in the soft top from rubbing on the frame. I researched the problem and found several instances of this including a long term test done by Motor Trend that showed photos of the top wearing in the same exact spots as mine. Their top and others I saw were fixed by replacing the frame with a newer design that doesn’t rub and the cloth soft top. For some reason on mine they will only replace the cloth top. That will not solve the problem.

The service department agrees with me and so did The person at Mazda I talked to on the phone but Mazda still won’t approve the frame replacement. This will be my first and last Mazda purchase! I have owned several new cars and have never experienced anything as bad as this. It’s a shame because I really do like the car otherwise. But if they won’t fix an obvious problem I’m not going to take a chance that I’ll have a worse problem later. Trading it in for another car before this new top starts getting holes in it!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

We had a CX-9 signature bought straight out of the dealership and after 4 years the panel from passenger back door just came out on our son's hand. They blamed us for their lack of quality and I have the video to proof.

Original review: April 1, 2020

This car is extremely dangerous. It’s all touchscreen, and the numbers and letters for heat, music and air conditioning are so minute you can barely see them. Wtf??? Why not knobs. Are your engineers stupid, I have to date almost been in 2 very bad crashes due to trying to just turn on the air. I also hate the touchscreen for the Internet connection using my phone. This is ridiculous and so dangerous. I made a mistake buying this car.

Original review: March 7, 2020

Engine Failure. My wife's car that we both really enjoyed until recently. I did a lot of research on this vehicle before we purchased it and the price was excellent with the Tech option. All was ok until a few weeks ago. Started noticing the smell of burnt oil in the cabin when we were stopped at an intersection. Came home, looked under the vehicle and didn't notice anything. This continued on each time we used it (we carpool so it doesn't get driven daily) and then eventually I noticed oil spots on our driveway. Thought it may be either dripping from the filter or the bolt so I decided to do an oil change which I noticed that there was an excessive amount of oil present on the underside of the chassis and also in the plastic shroud that must be removed to access the oil pan and filter. The bolt and filter were on tight so the oil was coming from another location.

Drove the vehicle into work the following day and again the smell of burning oil (like oil that would get onto the exhaust) was present when the vehicle was running but at a stop. Parked in a spot where there were no oil spots and I went into work. Roughly 3 hours later I had a look at the vehicle and noticed a 5" round oil spot under the vehicle. Contacted the Mazda dealership and drove it in for an appointment that afternoon. They had the vehicle for 2 hours and I came there after work to check up on what they found. First words out of the technician were "we ordered you a new engine as this one has a porous block". Not sure if the block was porous or cracked as one would think that after 31000kms it would have been evident sooner.

Regardless, the dealership provided a replacement vehicle (Mazda 3) and have indicated that this will be repaired once they receive a new engine as they were on back order. Dealership also indicated that this is not the first 2.5L with this issue found on a 2018 CX5. I've owned over 30 vehicles so far and this is the first time I've had this type of failure. Needless to say, I'm not too happy with the reliability demonstrated by a Japanese built vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My daughter was massacred in her Mazda 3, they say it was 35 miles an hour. The entire front end was ripped off, engine laying on ground. It didnt seem right so I contacted Mazda to see if they were interested in defending the safety record of their products, guess what? If you're not buying you can go ** yourself. FYI we are not suing anyone, just want the truth and justice. Apparently Mazda doesnt care about their ** claims to a safe car. Friends if you have children, get them anything but a Mazda. God bless.

Mazda Company Information