2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Mazda is a Japanese automaker that makes cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read Mazda 3 reviews to learn about other models.

Mazda Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This vehicle has been very dependable with no major repairs needed. I've been a bit disappointed as to the fuel economy. The model I purchased was a 4-cylinder. I've only been getting around 25 mpg on the highway, not as fuel efficient as other 4-cylinder pickups I've owned in the past. The interior is a bit cramped, but then again, it is a small pickup. Overall, I've been happy with it. I may opt for a 6-cylinder pickup next time around which will be a bit more powerful than a 4-cylinder and still economical to drive.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I bought a new Mazda CX-5 based on reviews in 2016. It is comfortable and peppy. This is first crossover vehicle I have owned and I like it. It sits higher than a car and has more space to haul things, yet is small enough to easily park in tight spaces. So far it is very reliable.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I grudgingly moved from a Jeep to my Madza CX-5....and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The space is a little tighter than my Grand Cherokee but I haven’t really noticed. It’s very reliable and you can’t lock yourself out of the car, which is a huge bonus! It’s been a great car and I ask a lot of it! Oh, one other thing ~ I occasionally drive for Uber and a lot of times people will get in and ask me what car this is, as they are really impressed.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I own a 2005 RX 8. Kept up with the oil change and maintenance of the car, I seen that Mazda was doing a recall on the motor and wanted to know how could I get my car into the program to get a new engine. I love my car and will never part from it. I've found water in oil stick and even though it hasn't ran hot would it be a problem to have a new engine in my car? Please email me at ** for more info on this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I own 2009 Mazda 5. It has 145,000 miles on it and still runs great! I bought it in 2010 and it was the best car purchase. No problems at all. Only changing oils, tires, and breaks. We needed second car and we decided to get another Mazda, this time CX5. I think I would never buy another brand. I would absolutely recommend to a family and friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

So for almost a year I’ve been receiving these pamphlets in the mail about a recall for my airbag. And it always said it would take an hour to complete. I take the day off work and drive half an hour to my nearest Mazda dealer for my appointment. Apparently there’s 3 recalls that need to be done and it’s a 3-4 hour wait!!!! They should give me a new car for all of this bs. There’s less than a zero percent chance of me ever buying another Mazda. I get to spend my whole entire morning sitting in a Mazda dealership. I’m fuming right now!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I received a SSPA9 (Special Service Program) notice (gap between a instrument panel and information display) on October 2017. I called my local dealer (Scott Mazda of Allentown) three times and last call being on Feb.6 2018 and each time I was told that the parts are on backorder. I since forgot about it until today because I had to bring the car in for another common problem that a RECALL should be issued for (flickering lights while breaking) and asked about it again, but unfortunately I was informed that the SSPA9 has expired. I called Mazda customer service and was told that I should've brought the car to the dealer and gotten a work order to prove that I had the problem!. I wish someone had told me that the last time I called (Feb. 6 2018). Seems to me like a very convenient way to avoid paying for the repair!!!.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This is a fun car and great to drive. Not for everybody, as it requires some extra care. Mine still like new. No more is being made due to the fuel consumption regulations. As a sports car, I enjoy the extra space in the rear seats. The body style is just super.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The only thing I do not like about my CX nine 2018 model is that it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay. Of course Mazda came out with Apple CarPlay with the following model year 2019 and then wanted to charge me $250 to install it in my car which I thought was a bunch of **.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

2012 CX9 Transmission failure. I bought a new CX9 in 2013, primarily because we wanted a reliable car for my wife. It was a good car up until about the summer of 2019 when the transmission started to shudder in 5/6 gears. With only 118K miles, we took it to the dealer and they confirmed the torque converter was bad. So I was 18k miles past my extended warranty mileage and I was told it would cost me $3600 for a new transmission...and could be more if the front transaxle has issues. This was our first Mazda and we are so disappointed in the quality of these cars and with the response from mazda...which was no response. I've owned many cars and never had any transmission issues of this magnitude. So going forward, I will only buy Honda or Toyota cars. Mazda should be ashamed of putting out this crap to consumers and sticking them (us) with a bill that we can't afford.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Mazda Company Information