3.72/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Mazda

Mazda is a Japanese automaker that makes cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read Mazda 3 reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Mazda Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I own a 2005 RX 8. Kept up with the oil change and maintenance of the car, I seen that Mazda was doing a recall on the motor and wanted to know how could I get my car into the program to get a new engine. I love my car and will never part from it. I've found water in oil stick and even though it hasn't ran hot would it be a problem to have a new engine in my car? Please email me at ** for more info on this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Their company does not take responsibility for their own defects. They manufacturer things incorrectly then expect you to pay for it. The dashboard on my Mazda 3 was separated from the digital screen. According to their customer service my 2010 vehicle was only covered for 7 years for this and a recall was sent out for this but if you did not have the issue at the time they wouldn't fix it for you. Now 9 years later, my dashboard has disconnected due to their ERROR but they refuse to cover it. I will never buy another Mazda again.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I own 2009 Mazda 5. It has 145,000 miles on it and still runs great! I bought it in 2010 and it was the best car purchase. No problems at all. Only changing oils, tires, and breaks. We needed second car and we decided to get another Mazda, this time CX5. I think I would never buy another brand. I would absolutely recommend to a family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

A few days ago I jumped in the Mazda 2016 CX-5 and the console keep rebooting. The Mazda logo came up but then I never went to the home screen. Have no navigation, no hands free phone and the radio is stuck on just one station, the last station I had on before the system went down. Called Mazda and they told me they don't know what's causing the problem so I shouldn't bother bringing it down for service. I have about 47K miles on it. I did purchase an extended warranty. So now what? Wait for Mazda to contact me? They told me that they are receiving a lot of calls on this problem right now. But it looks like it's been going on for a while now.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I bought a 2005 Mazda RX8 and I've had nothing but problems with it ever since. I've had to replace the fuel pump, the clutch, the catalytic converter, both O2 sensors, the crankshaft positioning sensor, the mass airflow sensor and now the engine is smoking. It is nothing but a lemon and I am still paying on the stupid car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

Original review: June 26, 2019

A word to the wise, if you have a mechanical problem check to see what issues Mazda may be extending warranty coverage. From experience, dealerships and Mazda provide no foreknowledge to a problem with faulty manufacturing issues that are covered under an extended warranty. On my daughter's 2012 CX9 there was a factory problem with a brake line. Dealer quoted over $800 repair cost and never informed us that this problem was covered under extended warranty. I happened to find out by internet search, it was a warranty covered issue and we still fell within extended warranty time and mileage limits. She now is told the AWD is not functioning due to a faulty factory power transfer unit. There was and still is no indication by any warning light or anything that a problem with the AWD occurred.

Unfortunately, the extended warranty time limit expired 6 months ago. We have no idea when the AWD failed and neither does Mazda dealership. I can see that this is going to be difficult to get this covered because no one can tell if it failed under the warranty limits (we are still within the mileage limit). This is a $1500 repair quote. I think if Mazda has knowledge of factory failures this information should be made more readily available to consumers. Or better yet MAKE YOUR DAMN CARS BETTER!!!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Well, if you want to be mislead, lied to and taken advantage of then I suggest you come here. I went into Mazda back in March 2019 to test the CX-5, after driving it around and listening all the great features I started to become more and more interested in the vehicle. Zakou, my sales rep tried to get me the "best deal". I explained to him I still had 3 more months left on my previous lease but he assured me it wouldn't be an issue because Mazda would take care of the remaining balance (which by the way, was written in the contract and stated in all the paperwork signed by them and myself).

Well, to cut the story short, it's been almost three months since I switched to Mazda, my previous lease hasn't been paid off yet although they took the vehicle from me, I have been CONSTANTLY reaching out to my sales rep, calling the store, asking for a manager, financial manager, ANYONE that could help me out and all I get is: "I will find out what is going on and I will reach out to you" but I never hear back from anyone, and the manager seems to never be available. The only person I was able to talk to was the manager for used cars who obviously had no idea what I was talking about and also promised to call back, but I am still waiting for that call - one week later-.

I have sent copies of the letters from my previous car dealership regarding the missed payments and how this was reported to the credit bureaus damaging my credit and all Zakou (the sales rep) would say is that he passed it on to his managers. When I asked which manager so I could follow up he would say I could just call and ask for one and they would all know what I was talking about, which again, LIES, because not once was I able to get a hold of a manager, they seemed to NEVER be there, and when I would reach out to Zakou again, he'd tell me the same thing making me even more upset at the fact that I was not getting any concrete answers.

The last thing I was told by my sales rep was for me to pay the balance and bring them a cancelled check for a refund which at this point I refuse because that is not what I agreed on, and if I would've known that from the beginning I would have just waited out the three months so I wouldn't be stuck with two lease payments!! It is safe to say, this has been by FAR the worse experience with a dealership that has failed tremendously with their customer service. Their lack of attention or interest in my situation has made my experience so sour, if it wasn't for my contract I would have returned the vehicle already so I wouldn't have to deal with them.

Original review: June 10, 2019

The car itself is a cheaper version of a Toyota. Spend the few extra dollars for the Toyota and get a manufacture that stands by their cars. Mazda is having a big issue with the CMU chips failing for the entertainment screen. My car was 3 months past the warranty coverage and even knowing that they are having problems with these they refused to do anything. Even the replacement motherboards are failing. Without the CMU chip you can’t play the radio. This is not something that should fail after 3 1/2 years. I had to spend $1500 so I could listen to the radio. You get what you pay for. Beware of Mazda.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I leased a Mazda 3, hatchback in August 2016. At my 10k servicing at the dealership, they indicated unusual wearing of tires. I asked for them to be replaced. They said no, it was a limited warranty on the tire. At 15k servicing, the same conversation. At 20k, the same conversation. Found out these tires on a new car, have no mileage warranty... at all. The dealership will not replace the tires. At 32 months of the lease and 22,700 miles they will do nothing. I like the car, but not the tires, and Mazda will do nothing, as the dealership watches a customer complain, and knows it is a problem. Others have complained about the same thing. I would not purchase or lease another auto from Mazda, or Groove Mazda, in Centennial. Really poor support of a customer. Not what anyone wants.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I leased CX-3 for 3 years from Mazda. When I returned it, I thought my car looked pretty well maintained except the curb rash on the wheels. I was wrong. The wear and tear charges were more than $1000 dollars because they charge for every little thing you did not even notice when you had your car plus on damages that Mazda should be responsible for. For example, if you drive in rain or wash your car, there will be "water damage" in the headlight that is going to cost you $350 for EACH headlight. The receipt is the final list after I made them remove a few things. I am leasing a car from Mercedes too, and they are not charging me for every tiny scratch like Mazda did. So if you lease a car from Mazda, make sure you fix everything including tiny tiny scratches and damages caused by their poor assembly.

Mazda Company Information