3.49/5
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

622 Mazda Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Bought a used Mazda CX-7 July 2016. July 2017 the left front control arm broke while driving down the road. Had my mechanic make the repairs to the car. Sept 2017 I get notice that there is a recall on the issue that occurred. Had the car to Mazda dealer August 2018 and repairs were made as per the recall but now Mazda USA does not want to reimburse me for the repairs made by my mechanic in July 2017 since it was done after the August 10, 2016 date of the recall which I knew nothing about till Sept 2017 when I got the first notice of the recall. Finally got them to look at the info but now they are using the fact that I don't have a bank statement from July 2017 showing the repairs were paid with my Visa when the slip from the garage is clearly marked paid Visa. Big company just looking for any possible loophole to get out of owning up to their mistakes.

Original review: June 28, 2018

This is my 3rd Mazda, if I ever have need to buy another car it will also be a Mazda, but my last one later 17 years so I may never need another one if this one lasts that long, too. I like that it's strong, reliable, and has decent mileage. It's a great color, charcoal grey. I feel sexy driving this car. I feel like the brakes are completely reliable as well. But my model is a bit sporty for me. I'd also like to sit a little higher and have better visibility especially the back window. I'd love one of those backup cameras as well.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have not had a single issue with my car in six years, it has been the absolute best purchase I have ever made. The car has also retained much of its resale value. My vehicle is totally manual, transmission and windows; the vehicle also gets great gas mileage. I chose this car because it was rated very high for reliability and overall value at the time I bought the vehicle. However, I dislike the clips that secure parts to my vehicle, and they break very easily. The oil pan fell off a few months after purchase and some of the interior clip ons broke as well.

Original review: June 26, 2018

It was a very good experience with the Mazda 323. The style was very appropriate for my lifestyle, and I also liked the color very much. It had excellent fuel consumption and got a lot of miles to the gallon. It also was a stick shift, which I really enjoy driving. It had a lot of style. It was easy to repair, and didn't require a lot of repairs anyways. When I needed to do maintenance, it was always relatively inexpensive. It was absolutely perfect for me and my family. I really appreciated that car. It served me well. It had all of the amenities that we ever needed.

Original review: June 24, 2018

It has been a great vehicle so far and it's comfortable to ride in. I love how I just need the key fob in my pocket/purse and can lock/unlock with one touch and a key is not needed to be placed in ignition. It is very dependable. It is also very comfortable and fun to drive. I chose this for the third row seat to upgrade from the CX-7 I owned. I like the leather seats, sunroof, rear view camera, keyless entry and driving and fold down third row seat. But I would like for it have Apple CarPlay, more leg room in third row, seat coolers and better softer leather seats like previous CX-9 models have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

Original review: June 23, 2018

The Mazda CX 5 is a great looking SUV. The after sales service sucks. I have determined that the Electronic Park Brake is a design flaw. This must be the only front wheel drive vehicle that wears out its rear brake pads and tyres before the front. Mazda with TSB 004-05/15 replaces the brake calipers when the actual problem is the sensor which controls the EPB. Like a person who hates constructive critique. I am not surprised that they are suffering in the market.

Original review: June 23, 2018

This car drives very similar to the vehicle I replaced- Lincoln Navigator. I test drove my Mazda CX-9 during a snow storm and I was pleased at how well it barreled through snow drifts. It's very luxurious and roomy. Also fits me in regard to seat belt since I'm very short; many belts cut me off at the neck. Love the interior, including color. Great gas mileage. I'm proud of how car looks and performs. But I have difficulty locking car from inside car while car is still running, or turned off in my driveway... And I don't like the exterior color of black - really shows dirt. I also wish I had a tow package...

Original review: June 22, 2018

It has been good so far. It is good on gas and seems to be mostly reliable. Has a pretty big trunk for a little car. Runs pretty good. It is great for me and my daughter but has a good size back seat if we want to take others with us. It has some updated technology so that is nice, I can connect my phone and it is really easy to drive. It was the car I was able to get approved for so that is what I bought. However, the headlights have to be turned on and off manually, my old car had running lights so I didn't have to worry about the lights all the time. It is pretty low to the ground so it is a big change from an SUV.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Love my SUV Mazda CX7. It's so comfortable. Have much space for family members and it's a good vehicle to travel and have a big back space for stuff, groceries, shopping items. The interiors are very durable material and easy to clean. And easy repair and to drive so safely and secured part. I recommended so much for all type of family. It's very pretty design so I would like to buy a new one next year. But I would like maybe a more bigger back in a new model but at all it's fine other parts. Quality and strong parts. All the model is ok.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Got the Mazda Tribute secondhand really cheap... runs really well... have not had any issues except flat tire and the key not wanting to come out of the ignition. Also, the gear shift sticks but I attribute that to the previous owner letting her kids accidentally spill a soda on it. It has grey color... spacious design... has cruise control that works great. I love any kind of SUV/Crossover... they have so much more room than even a large car... great for trips... modern and sleek design. But I wish it had better quality interior material and design. The car is secondhand and she had kids but they would not have been able to do the damage quite so easily otherwise.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The Mazda CX 5 handles really well, especially in the winter. It is really comfortable to drive and has good fuel economy, and enough room for other people and all of their stuff. It is not too large and easy for me to handle. It was a really good deal compared to what you would pay for other cars in this price and category. However, the center console and screen is a little too small, and it is difficult to use while I am driving. You can't just glance at it and flip the channel. And I would make the seats move a little more, for someone with shorter legs it is hard to reach the pedals.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This Mazda CX-5 had replaced one that I really enjoyed. But it does fulfill my needs but it's not the type of car I would normally pick out. I like the fact that is all wheel drive. I like the pep in the engine and the gas mileage. I do like the fact that every Mazda has a GPS in it and I like the heated seats. However, the CX-5 is just a lower class model than I was used to previously. The CX-5 is a fine car but I wish that the radio system had XM or Sirius radio.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My Four door Mazda 2 Hatchback is Black. It is a nice good car with basic features nothing too fancy. It gets me from point a to point b. I just pay way too much for it because I got with the wrong dealership. It was a smaller car with gas mileage good. I do not like big cars and maneuvering those so the outside size was perfect for me. Once I had kids I did not like that it was so small and no space for car seats and strollers. You have to scoot the seats all the way up in order to fit everything and that is very inconvenient. Now I am trying to trade the car in.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Mazda 5 is sharp looking car with lots of great features for an affordable price. Great experience driving for everyday and long road trips. Very roomy with the third row seating option. We have had very positive experiences in owning 3 other Mazdas. Great driveability in town, freeway or long distance. Gets good gas mileage. Has Bluetooth feature for answering and making phone calls hands free. However, it does not have power seats or lighted mirrors on the visors. Sometimes the catalytic converter has an odor of sulfur that service technicians do not seem able to smell or find the cause of when we have it serviced.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Mazda 5 has good mileage and storage space in the back. We like the cruise control, volume/mute control on steering wheel and digital dashboard display. We wanted the benefits of a minivan that was easier to maneuver and at a lower price. However, it has poor overall leg room and we cannot use the third row seats for people of all ages and sizes. We want more overall leg room, but especially more room for the third row seats. This would help to carry people of all ages and sizes in all of the passenger seats.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Last Monday June 11th I was involved in a car accident in my 2012 Mazda CX-9. I want to say THANK YOU! For building an great quality vehicle. This vehicle saved my 3 children's life and mine. The curtain airbags deployed right on time to prevent us from injuring our heads. My kids and I were able to walk out that wreck with not even a scratch. Thank you for protecting my family.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Been very happy with the Mazda 5 for the most part. It drives well, is not too expensive to run, and has not needed many repairs. Also fits nicely into our very tiny one-car garage, which is a definite plus. I choose it because the storage area could hold all of the items I knew I would need to carry there, which was the main reason was shopping for a new vehicle. But I dislike that there is only one keylock, on the driver's door. To open any of the other doors, must first open driver door, then use inside controls to open rest of doors.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love my car. Living in Michigan, I needed a vehicle that handled well in snow but also with good gas mileage and being able to adjust the drivers seat is very important. After test driving several models, I was extremely impressed with Mazda's handling. I also love how the looks of the car. It's very stylish and it's fun to drive. Definitely spend the extra money and get the navigation. I use it all the time. But I wish the rear seats were more comfortable. When test driving cars, I never thought to sit in the back. A word of advice, next time test driving, sit in the back and feel how your passengers are feeling.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Owner of 2 Mazda 3 2016 & 2015. Great vehicles. My wife and I love them. Great gas mileage. No problems at all after 66,000 miles. Mazda come a long way after split from Ford. Waiting on the cx5 Diesel. We are going to trade the oldest one. Great job Mazda!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Was shopping for CX-5, and when you know how difficult and stressful it is to deal with dealership, you know how great it is to be taken care by a great sales person. For the first time I walked in, Mr. Jason **, took care of me with no pressure, taking the time to answer all my questions, printing me clear and detailed sales offers for financing and leasing, and for the first time in my experience, was trustworthy! Went several times to meet him for questions, until the time we were going to sign for lease. Provided him with all requested necessary documents and information the evening before.

On May 30th, 2018, after 3 hours spent with him with all paperwork’s, we had to wait for his Financial Manager Nick, who was supposedly too busy in assisting other clients, when his office was empty. Jason could not even have an appointment schedule from this "busy" person. He asked me to pay half of the deposit to "hold the car for me", and charged my credit card. Therefore, he asked me to come the next day, May 31st, in confirming that Nick would call me to set up an appointment, and to confirm me the credit approval and monthly payments amount. Waited until 1:40PM to contact Jason because I have not received any feedback from anyone.

Around 2:00PM, Jason texted me back in apologizing that he was assisting clients, but no information regarding appointment, credit approval or anything related to the lease offer. Only because the Financial Manager is again too "busy" and "so well organized" that he cannot delivered. Explained to Jason, that if they are not interested by my potential account, it will force me to seek for another dealer offer in order to not lose the benefit of 0% interest financing/lease special May sales.

At 3:00PM, just a quick text to let me know I was approved for the amount, but no appointment still... After many back and forth with several Mazda dealerships, I accepted another offer to get my car ready that evening at the last minute! Texted back to Jason to express my disappointment about his Financial Manager and the General Manager of this dealership, who both let him down and made him lose the sale. Also requested to be refunded of my deposit charged on my credit card.

As of June 4th, no news about either my refund, or a call from any Manager to apologize or anything else. So, I called to speak with Mr. Mark ** who is registered on BBB as General Manager, but no one as his phone or can transfer my call... Called 4 times to be transferred on voicemail, so asked to General Manager to call me back, and left them all information needed to understand the situation.

Mr. Chris **, General Manager called me back, but had no information about the situation. Expressed my disappointment about the way his dealership is operated, his Financial Manager who did not delivered, how it is a shame to not support and provide resources to his great sales persons to close sales, and claimed for my refund. He asked my credit card number again, because he claimed no one will have it and it is the only way I could receive my refund... wonder what they do with card receipts after you pay, and may be they do have a shoe box accounting records systems! He also told me not to be worry about his management style… Provided him with my card information, and he claimed I will be refunded same day. He told me that he would talk with his Financial Manager to understand the situation, but I advised him to talk with Mr. Jason ** who lost the sale because of Financial Manager.

I feel very sorry for Jason because, from the beginning to the end of the process during my 4 visits, he offered me a great service and beyond expectations compared to all dealerships from several brands I went to for months for car shopping. He was a trustworthy sales persons (which is very rare) with a consultant approach, very patient with me in explaining in details all my questions, and professional. Even this dealership is 1 hour drive from where I live, I really wanted to close the sales with him. In summary, I would not recommend this dealership if you don’t have the time to be lied around, and have to wait for the Financial Manager to deign to do his job professionally. If you are not in hurry, well then asked for Mr. Jason ** who is the person I would recommend.

Original review: May 19, 2018

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 manual transmission - I am in the market for a more practical car so I have been reading reviews of the brands I am considering. Every brand seems to have issues and I just wanted to share my experiences with the Miata. I bought the car new in December 2006 and have been the sole driver since. It now has 110,000 miles and still going strong. The only mechanical repair I have had was needing to replace the thermostat around 80,000 miles. I just now had to get new brakes for the first time.

The paint still looks brand new and I am constantly being asked if it is a new car. The only thing that has not held up well is the cloth upholstery on the driver's front seat but the aftermarket leather seat covers look fabulous. I LOVE THIS CAR! I have loved it since I drove off the dealership lot. I lament having to part with it for a larger car that is better in the snow and after reading the reviews, I am even more hesitant to replace it. If you are considering a Miata from the 2006-2015 generation, I can highly recommend one.

Original review: May 9, 2018

One of things I like best about the 2009 Mazda 5 is that the side rear lights are set high up, so that people in huge SUVs etc. can see my turn signals. I also really like the rear hatch, which opens high enough that I do not bump my head!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have a 5 day old 2018 Mazda CX-9 GT. It is a very good and fun-to-drive SUV. I recently have some issues playing my iPod iTunes playlists from connections to the USB1 and USB2 ports. It is an intermittent problem not recognizing and not able to play the songs from the playlist. It is very frustrating and disappointing considering that I paid top $ for this SUV and I am now faced with this media problem. I will report this to the Mazda dealership first thing in the morning tomorrow since it is barely a week old.

Original review: May 7, 2018

This Mazda3 is a 2014, used and the S Grand Touring is the top of the line, loaded with electronics that I'm still getting used to. That aside it has the 2.5L engine. Not a drag racer but enough power and handling to make you feel comfortable and secure plus good mileage. The ride is firm but not rough and it handles well. I'm 5'11" tall and the seating is comfortable and all controls are readily accessible and don't see any reason this car would be any less comfortable on a long trip than any of the larger cars I've owned prior.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I had a 1991 Miata for 25 years! After a deer destroyed it I got a new one in 2016. Love it! Miss the retractable headlights but I m very happy with it thus far.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I find the ride very hard and seats are not the most comfortable. Seatbelt is badly positioned and interior feels cramped. Also, Mazda CX-5 is very noisy, sounds like a window or door is always open. But it does have a lot of pick up on the road and gets great gas mileage.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Have had this Mazda 3 almost four years and not one single problem. Looks very sleek. The only complaint I have is no Sirius radio. Had to purchase it myself.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Mazda 5 - Good compromise between full-size minivan and SUV. Adequate and comfortable seating for four adults and two children. Small cargo area behind rear seats. 4 cylinder engine coupled to 5-speed automatic transmission gives good get up and go with up to 31 mpg highway mileage. But sport model lacks full Bose system features, such as WiFi and Bluetooth.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The Mazda 2 was on the Nissan dealership lot in Glendale. They took me through the ringer and $8000 car ended up being 20,000. Upon the free oil change they offered for year three of those changes. They put the wrong oil during routine. The most had multiple problems with the EGR valve malfunctioning, heart idling fuel injection malfunctioning interior begin to rip and tear fade out. I believe some of the problems were due to Glendale Nissan. What a horrendous collections people to represent a brand.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My 2001 Mazda Tribute LX just reached 100,000 miles. It is still going strong. Had to change the tires, brakes and the battery, but otherwise okay. Only get 13 miles to the gallon on regular. It is a dependable old car.

Not sure about Mazda?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Mazda Company Information

www.mazdausa.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business