2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Mazda is a Japanese automaker that makes cars, SUVs and crossovers. Read Mazda 3 reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Mazda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The only thing I do not like about my CX nine 2018 model is that it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay. Of course Mazda came out with Apple CarPlay with the following model year 2019 and then wanted to charge me $250 to install it in my car which I thought was a bunch of **.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This vehicle has been very dependable with no major repairs needed. I've been a bit disappointed as to the fuel economy. The model I purchased was a 4-cylinder. I've only been getting around 25 mpg on the highway, not as fuel efficient as other 4-cylinder pickups I've owned in the past. The interior is a bit cramped, but then again, it is a small pickup. Overall, I've been happy with it. I may opt for a 6-cylinder pickup next time around which will be a bit more powerful than a 4-cylinder and still economical to drive.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I bought a new Mazda CX-5 based on reviews in 2016. It is comfortable and peppy. This is first crossover vehicle I have owned and I like it. It sits higher than a car and has more space to haul things, yet is small enough to easily park in tight spaces. So far it is very reliable.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

2012 CX9 Transmission failure. I bought a new CX9 in 2013, primarily because we wanted a reliable car for my wife. It was a good car up until about the summer of 2019 when the transmission started to shudder in 5/6 gears. With only 118K miles, we took it to the dealer and they confirmed the torque converter was bad. So I was 18k miles past my extended warranty mileage and I was told it would cost me $3600 for a new transmission...and could be more if the front transaxle has issues. This was our first Mazda and we are so disappointed in the quality of these cars and with the response from mazda...which was no response. I've owned many cars and never had any transmission issues of this magnitude. So going forward, I will only buy Honda or Toyota cars. Mazda should be ashamed of putting out this crap to consumers and sticking them (us) with a bill that we can't afford.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

This is my 3rd Mazda and all have been completely reliable and cost effective without being “stodgy” looking. The 2019 CX-5 is fun to drive while still being economical, supremely comfortable and safe! It’s loaded with so much amazing technology that Mazda employs a tech person to explain it all!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I grudgingly moved from a Jeep to my Madza CX-5....and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The space is a little tighter than my Grand Cherokee but I haven’t really noticed. It’s very reliable and you can’t lock yourself out of the car, which is a huge bonus! It’s been a great car and I ask a lot of it! Oh, one other thing ~ I occasionally drive for Uber and a lot of times people will get in and ask me what car this is, as they are really impressed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Has 52000 miles and no repairs. Only changed tires and brake job at 50K. Tires were still good for another 5K. Smooth riding and fast, but she loves consuming gas. Ample cargo room for 4 sets of clubs and luggage.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I love this Mazda CX5. It is my third Mazda, with other cars in between. I love the wide front windshield, the power seats- which can go up and down, and the comfort and the overall look. It is really a great SUV.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

My Mazda gets great gas mileage, which is one of the main reasons I purchased it over other small SUV/CUV models. It also has a stylish design that I like. The next time I purchase a new car I would seriously consider getting another Mazda SUV.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Mazda Toolbox has a sole purpose to update the Navigation Map. The implementation is worst i've seen, an intern would not dare to present me such an implementation:

1. Everything takes it 20sec! 20sec to check the card, 20sec to fetch its version, 20sec to check the cloud version. Are they totally disconnected from modern applications? Do they know that google react to keystrokes as we type them??
        2. They could also show the current version and expected date of the new version to save the pain of using this application in the first place.

3. They could send emails informing of a new release (they maintain accounts on the cloud with our emails). And yes you guessed it right to go to the cloud account and check something it is another 10 or 20 minutes per cloud interaction!

Mazda Company Information