Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.93/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratings

Mazda 3

The Mazda 3 is a fuel-efficient 4-door sedan with three available trims. Read more Mazda reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

83 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The Mazda 3 drives great, it handles well, drives nice in rain or snow and it gets great gas mileage for its size. I have owned it for six months. I love the shape of it (it has a long, curvy front, and short rear), I love the Mazda "smile". Also, the way it drives is fun and accelerates quickly. The sound system could be improved and I would add a rear windshield wiper or slope the back window better. The back window is hard to see out of in the rain.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My Mazda 3 has great gas mileage. Came with cheap tires that cupped after 20k miles. Handles very well and I haven't felt unsafe in the 3 years I've owned it. Handles okay during the winter. But what do you expect, it's not a Subaru. Tight suspension so you feel the road. Kinda bothersome on long trips, but really not that bad. The back window is hard to see out of during the rain. Poor runoff or needs a wiper? Not many vehicles beat it that are strictly gasoline users (i.e. not an electric or a hybrid vehicle). It has a nice sporty look but wasn't hard on my budget.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I got the Mazda 3 brand new off the lot. It's been a reliable car and the dealership made all the maintenance convenient. I like the smooth drive and the car design. The trunk is very deep. Was great when I started my family. I could put my stroller back there and still had room for the groceries. However, I don't like the transmission control module being so close to the engine and was so far the only part I've had to replace. Also, I wish there was a little more head space. Nonetheless, it's been a great car overall.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Mazda 3 is a 6 speed and smooth drive. I bought it because it was rated high in the Consumer Reports magazine and I am very happy with it and the beautiful red color. I like everything from the camera to the GPS traffic system. But I would put a cd player in it as that is something I miss.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Mazda 3 gets really good gas mileage on the highway. I love the turning ability, the smooth ride, and it has a strong engine, and very roomy trunk space. Comfortable cabin space. I like the radio controls on the console, the Bluetooth is nice, I listen to Pandora radio, when I start my car it automatically connects. I chose this car because it was 3 on the Consumer Reports, on safety and durability. However, it seems to catch wind badly, or when I drive into a puddle of water it feels almost as though I've hit a net that is used to slow something down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda 3?

Original review: June 26, 2018

It was a very good experience with the Mazda 323. The style was very appropriate for my lifestyle, and I also liked the color very much. It had excellent fuel consumption and got a lot of miles to the gallon. It also was a stick shift, which I really enjoy driving. It had a lot of style. It was easy to repair, and didn't require a lot of repairs anyways. When I needed to do maintenance, it was always relatively inexpensive. It was absolutely perfect for me and my family. I really appreciated that car. It served me well. It had all of the amenities that we ever needed.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Have had this Mazda 3 almost four years and not one single problem. Looks very sleek. The only complaint I have is no Sirius radio. Had to purchase it myself.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

First Mazda was a 2007 Mazda 6, drove it for 6 years and over 60,000 miles without a single issue, then traded it on a 2012 Mazda 3, now has over 70,000 miles, also not a single issue. Local dealership has been great except one minor hiccup early. Bought the Mazda 3 from the dealer here in my hometown who was running a "free oil changes for life" promotion which included sending mailers to everyone in town. I bought my car shortly after receiving this, and before it was due for the first oil change, the dealership sold to another owner who changed the name and refused to honor that deal. I feel like that's pretty shady.

FYI I wanted to write this review because a lot of the reviews I'm reading here are blaming Mazda for things that aren't their fault. Previous owner of your used vehicle altered things and Mazda doesn't want to repair it under warranty? I wouldn't either. Airbag went off in an accident and burned you? That's what they do, beats slamming your head on the steering wheel. Exploding glass isn't fun, but it's also not a Mazda issue. Google it, it happens in a lot of brands.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

When I purchase my Mazda 3 in 2013 I paid an extra 1500 for rust and extended warranty that was sold has bumper to bumper. This warranty was also under Mazda Canada not a third party. When I took car into not one but 2 locations both told me the noise which is failed motor and transmission mounts are not covered. Contact with Mazda Canada resulted in arrogant and no responses. After research on web this is a known issue and having been treated like this leads me to say this Manufacturer does not deserve the support from customers for what seemed to be a great car only to find out they really are a cheap low end cars with little durability.

Other issues include electrical from failed alternator to premature rusting. I wish there was a lower than 1 star rating. Mazda is also a typical Japanese company where they will not accept responsibility for failures based on poor engineering. The culture shuns them from admitting they made a mistake to save face. To back up my comments just do a Google search on Mazda motor mounts, electrical, rust problems or complaints. Wish I had done this before buying their product.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

On the 31st of August 2017 I was driving my 2006 Mazda 3 sp23. My 14 year old son was sitting in the front passenger side and my 12 year old daughter was sitting in the back seat behind the front passenger. We all had our seat belts on. It was around 5.30pm and I was stuck in traffic and the sun was setting so it was difficult to see. The 4 wheel drive in front of me slammed her brakes suddenly hitting the car in front of her and then my car hit her's. The air bags in my car went off. My son was ok but I now suffer from severe burns to my right wrist and my left index finger. Is this supposed to happen when the air bags go off or were my air bags faulty. I thought that the air bags are there to protect us not to cause us pain.

Original review: May 16, 2017

Purchased a BRAND NEW 2016 Mazda 3 in August 2016 from Peruzzi Mazda in Fairless Hills, PA. $23,000.00 price tag. December 2016 blower motor had to be replaced. January 2017 the touchscreen console stopped working completely after taking the car through a car wash. Was unable to operate the radio, GPS etc. May 2017 water entered into the passenger side and soaked the passenger side carpets. Water continued to drip underneath the passenger side dashboard for 2 days. Mazda service found 2 HOLES IN THE FIREWALL SEAL which were allowing water to enter the vehicle. Conclusion: a defective vehicle which should be replaced.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I had got a brand new mazda 3, 2013 model. I have had the car three years and done now 37000 ks on it. It was only into a month of having it the engine on start up first thing in the morning would violently shake to the point I thought the car would fall apart. I rang the dealer who said bring it in for them to check over, they told me it was because the oil in it was fat and cold oil and when the engine would warm up it will go away, which it did. It does this every morning on start up, sometimes it is violent sometimes it will shake and vibrate then calm down. At 20000 ks after I took it in for its second service to which the services are capped at a ridiculous price of 315.00 dollars charged me roughly around 370.00 dollars because the dealer had said the price of oil went up. So capped in a contract doesn't count obviously.

After the 20000 ks service the engine light appeared, I took it back to the dealer who said it would cost me anywhere from $1000.00 to $ 4000,00 to fix it, I asked "why would I have to pay for it?" He said I got bad petrol in it, I asked him what was the error code, he said he didn't know, so I asked him to go get it for me, he said they never got an error code because nothing showed up on the computer!!! But told me it would cost me X amount of Dollars to fix it!

They reset the computer and told me next time it comes up to bring it in and see what it says, the engine light came back up so I took elsewhere to get a reading, it showed misfire in cylinder no2, I took it back to the dealer, all they did was change things around in the motor, reset the computer again. Engine light comes back up I took it to the same place as before and it showed misfire cylinder no4, I took it back into the dealer as a rattle in the driver side window started to appear and to get this cylinder no4 fixed. I left the car there for the day only to return to find they did absolutely nothing to it.

The service manager said they would fix it on next service and would most likely have to pay for everything that was wrong with it, needless to say I never took it back. I notified Mazda of the trouble I seemed to be having with the dealers and their warranties but to no avail. However I have spent a little under $700.00 to fix it now, a new coil, new spark plugs and a new battery that should have been fixed at 20000 ks. Needless to say it didn't fix the problem. I have written to Mazda, yet again but have not heard a response as yet.

No one, nor would Mazda employees or the manager ever deal with a car nor pay way over 20000 for a car that has nothing but trouble with it, so why is this happening to the ones that are buying their cars that are defective and in my opinion dangerous, computers have been known to just stop to which the last mechanic thought that what is wrong with my car. We definitely need a class A action. Whatever happened to integrity and morals!

Original review: May 9, 2016

I will start off saying that I purchased a 2013 Mazda 3 in October 2013. Loved the car...no problems. Salesperson at time of sale was great. However, the constant after sale phone calls from Chapman Mazda in Phoenix, AZ were annoying. No need to call your customer once a week, literally once a week, for a year after the sale. Told Chapman at least a dozen times that they could stop calling so much. Back in February, I traded in the 3 for a 6; need something bigger. Again...I LOVE the car. I had moved quite a ways away from where I had purchased the 3 in 2013 so I used a dealership that was closer (Cardinaleway Mazda in Mesa, AZ) when I purchased the 2016 6 in February 2016; the salesperson was great to deal with. The after sale customer service has been completely opposite. Was promised to get a call in about a week to see if I had any problems or questions about my 6...have not received a call yet. Oh well!

I guess there is no happy medium...feast or famine. Now let us get to my main issue. I have been trying to get the refund for the remaining insurance and the maintenance contract that I had on my 3. Followed the instructions from CardinaleWay to take my odometer disclosure for the 3 to the previous dealership. Went to Chapman Mazda. The finance person there was so rude and seemed disinterested. However, he did take my information. I knew it would take about 6 - 8 weeks to be processed. So I waited. Finally, mid-April, I contacted Chapman via phone. Another finance person said that they needed the "payoff letter" from lien holder (Was never told this before.). So I called the lender; was told the car had been paid off by the CardinaleWay Mazda and the letter was sent to them. Emailed and called CardinaleWay 13 times before I was told they did not know what a "payoff letter" was and that the lender should have sent something to me.

They told me to call the lien holder. Called the lender again and was told again that a letter was sent to the dealership. Called CardinaleWay again and the finance person said, "Oh??? Do you mean the lien release?" Ugh!!! As a consumer, I really try to be/stay informed about things, but I AM NOT a finance wiz at a car dealership. I do not know all the terms/lingo. However, you would think that what I was trying do was something no one has ever attempted before. So frustrated with Mazda...at two dealerships. Love my car, but might think twice about Mazda when I am really to purchase again. Mazda after the sale STINKS!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

My 2012 Mazda 3 has gone through two batteries in 3 years, the last lasted 8 months. The dealer says everything checks out okay on the electrical and charging systems. What gives?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

I was driving my 2010 Mazda 3 (75,000 miles) south on Interstate 95 on completely smooth road, and without warning all three Drivers side Airbags deployed spontaneously. After immediately contacting Mazda corporate about the problem, they referred me to my insurance company stating that my airbags are not involved in the Takata airbag recall, and my warranty no longer covers failed parts. The insurance company, of course, would not recognize it as an accident, as it was not, referred me back to Mazda. I then dropped my car off at Mazda to be inspected as to why the airbags spontaneously deployed. After one week Fairway Mazda of Savannah, Georgia informed me that it was inspected by a Mazda engineer and that he found damage to a front-right rocker-arm and to the front plastic Fascia, which he labeled impact damage. Mazda stated that they will not accept any liability for the event and to contact my insurance company.

I'm furious... obviously neither of these minor dings would have caused all of the airbags to deploy on the opposite, drivers side of the vehicle. Nor did any of those dings occur on the day I almost flew off Interstate 95 at over 70mph with my two children in the car. But, nevertheless, Mazda is pushing me back off to the insurance company. I need to know why they spontaneously deployed. Mazda wants $3,200 to fix the problem... Wow!!! I again called Mazda Customer Service to see who I could talk to about the inspection. My attempts were in vain, as again, they stated that they don't get into the technical aspects of the findings, and they don't know who they could put in contact who could, and that I should contact my insurance company.

So much for accepting responsibility for a problem with one of their vehicles that they know was not caused by impact or a collision. I just hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!!! My last two new cars were Mazdas... I guess loyalty isn't a two-way street with Mazda. Airbags should never spontaneously deploy, no matter what the mileage is.

Original review: May 1, 2015

I bought a new 2008 Mazda 3 from the dealership in 2008. In 2011 the sunroof failed and wouldn't shut. I brought it in to be repaired at which time I was told it needed to be replaced which would cost 3000$. ** told me my original warranty expired but if I purchase the extended warranty for 2000$ I would save 1000$. So I purchased the extended warranty based on that information and they kept my car for about 4 days and also fixed a recall issue. The buildings were under renovations so when I picked my car up ** told me the copy machine was down and he couldn't give me paperwork but it was all in computer. I got my car and left. Roof worked so I didn't think much of it at the time.

Flash forward to March 2015. My sunroof failed again. I opened it. Couple hours later I tried to shut it and it made a noise and ceased. Took the car to Mazda Dealer. I waited 2 hours and ** came out and told me the roof was covered but I needed 2000$ worth of work. He said my rear brakes were metal to metal, it was leaking oil .... he went on and on then he said "I want to put you in a new car." The car was running great and I never seen a drop of oil on ground the ground so red flags began to pop up. I told ** "I didn't have money for all that right now but let's move forward with the roof." We made appointment for me to get a loaner car the following week and have roof repaired.

I decided to get another opinion on all the other work and come to find out the majority of work ** said I needed done was not needed. My rear brakes were fine, I was told new cars spew out more oil than my car was and basically not much needed to be done. Total came to 296$. Now I know that ** at the Mazda Dealer can not be trusted. I kept this information under my hat.

The day came for me to drop car off and get loaner car. At the end of day ** told me the roof was not covered. When I asked "why?" He said it was caused by debris. I asked to see it and was told they left it in roof. When I took car home there was dust and pollen on roof so I knew it had not been touched. When I called the warranty company to find out why my roof failed in 2011, they said they never paid out for a roof. When I asked Mazda dealer for the cause the roof failed in 2011 they said all their paper work was missing but magically they have the recall info. I feel they never replaced the roof, lied to get 2000$ out of me for an extended warranty, lied about debris being the cause so they can void coverage by the extended warranty.

I spoke to Service Manager, General Manager and they all talk in circles justify all the fabrications and finally told me I am not allowed to go back there anymore. I asked for all the paperwork in the file on my car and ** the General Manager gave me two pieces of paper... from April 29,2015.

Original review: April 28, 2015

I took my 2010 Mazda 3 into the dealership for oil change, tire rotation, repair both front struts, wheel alignment almost a month ago. 2 days later I heard noise, I returned my car again. They said it was brake noise but there was nothing wrong with my brakes. 2 weeks after that I heard noise again but thought it was the road. The following week my husband & I were driving and the noise was louder. I immediately made another appt to Mazda dealership but before I went something told me to check my tires. I took my car to Firestone and watched them observe my car tires. Both front tires were loose and a lug nut was missing. Once they tightened my wheels three noise was instantly gone. They ask me did I have recent work on my car and I said "yes, at the Mazda dealership."

I immediately called Mazda only for the representative to tell me that there's no way that I could drive my car for almost a month with those tires loose and maybe someone is tampering with my car in the parking lot. Very unprofessional statement first. Secondly, I informed her that I don't drive my car regularly because I had hand surgery Mar 11 and my car is parked majority of the time in my garage. I am so dissatisfied with her response and with the neglect of the person who performed the service on my car. This is the reason why people are so hesitant to go to the dealership and price increase but I trusted them and this is the thanks I got!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

I bought a new Mazda 6 GT 2014 (Oct 2014 ), that include the BOSE system with the GPS. After 1 day with the car, I realize that it didn't work quickly and easy with my iPOD touch, to play music. It take a long long long time to recognize and be usable to play (between 10 and 15 min.) plus , every time you stop, it start all over again the same long routine. I had to transfer all my music on USB keys, which was a loss of my time. I check the problem on internet and I am not the only one to complain.

Plus now (Jan 2015), I tried to plug my MOTO G phone for recharging and the USB port doesn't read this phone, even for a simple recharge (Ok for Bluetooth). At Least my iPOD can be recharge in the USB port?? For my point of view, it is a very cheap for a BOSE audio system. Even my friend basic Hyundai ELANTRA system work very well and fast with all my electronic toys.

For the Brakes, it is my second Mazda, (previous was a 2005 Mazda 3 GT, new) and those were very good and long lasting brakes. I change the front brakes once in 287000 km and twice in the rear. On my MAZDA 6 2014, after 44000 km, they look like they won't last long. The dealer told me that we have to get them to dismantle the Caliper, to lubricate and keep them from locking/griping, that on a regular basis?? I will check this summer, when I switch to summer wheels if they are still good. The ABS is very nervous and weird in winter condition??

For now, since I keep my car for a minimum of 7-8 years, and high mileage, I am happy with my MAZDA except for the above . It drive very good, cheap on gas for a big car ( average 7.1 ltr on the computer after a year). The manual transmission is fun, and it is the reason i bought it, over a Mazda 3 GT 2014 (manual not avail on top model).

One last thing, the seats and the interior fit and finish are very good, but my ceiling panel cracks and groan big time in cold Canadian weather, which I didn't have this issue with my Mazda 3, during the 8 years of ownership. If I would buy another one (MAZDA)??, I don't know, if the electronic is the same, it is a big NO (before Mazda I was a VW fanatic, almost bought a GTI ilo the Mazda 6). Overall the 6 looks better and drive as good as my old 3, but my 3 felt like overall more durable on long term.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

I bought a 2011 Mazda 3 touring and when I drove my car around the lot area, the guy told me to keep it under 50 mph. Should have taken that as a red flag but I didn’t. I was interested in the Mazda 3 because the gas mileage was good and it didn't compromise the performance. Immediately after I bought the car and took the car over 50mph, the tire noise was pretty annoying, and for the 2011 model, I've learned this is common. I got used to it and the car had been great until the second year I owned it. During the hot summer my dashboard adhesive came undone, exposing a gaping hole in my dashboard where the display is. Contacted their customer service and they were very condescending and unpleasant. They offered 450 bucks to replace the dashboard finally, but they expected me to pay 300 bucks for the labor of installation. It's a big deal to me that the parts inside the car didn't even last 3 years. Will never buy another Mazda again and I will spread the word on how poor quality of a car they are. My car light buttons popped out too. Better options out there. Forget Mazda.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2014

First of all, I was so happy when I bought my 2011 Mazda 3i Touring. I was annoyed that it didn't come with the keyless entry (for some reason they didn't have the beeper thing for it) and no spare key... but I went ahead with it anyway. I moved to Florida and at the Mazda dealership here. They told me the dealer should have had a spare key made for me.. since if you lose the one you literally can't drive the car. Called the dealership: no help. Called corporate: no help. On top of that, I had to put $1000 in repairs to the car after only 2 years because, of course, those things weren't covered under the warranty. I've bought cars from Buy Here Pay Heres that I didn't have to pay repairs for while I had a loan. It's sad. The no spare key thing was the last straw and I immediately headed to Hyundai and who took my Mazda although I owed $10,000 still and ended up with a 2015 Elantra with no money down, a better APR, and OMG a spare key and keyless entry!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

My Mazda 3 is the 6th Mazda I've owned over many, many years of driving. It's just about to roll over to 100,000 km - absolutely trouble free! It's highly unlikely I'll ever buy anything but a Mazda - I've had such great service from all of them. I just this year passed an RX7 on to a new owner after 23 years of having it ('84 GSL-SE)! Maybe they don't make them quite like they used to but the interior of that 30 year old car was still in mint condition as was the body. Thanks, Mazda!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

Mazda 3 2012 i touring - After 2 years and 8 months my Mazda 3 radio stopped working (THANK GOD IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY). They had to replace the radio head unit. Mazda said they had no Others with this problem! But it is a known problem. It is the Bose10 Speaker sound System that in Mazda forums has 22k posts on that failure. Why doesn't Mazda recall this car for this problem? I asked how long they would warranty the work and they told me 3 years, 36,000 miles (nothing no warranty on replacement) because it was a warranty fix. If I would have paid $1050.00 for the head unit and $150 to install it they would only then warranty it but they would not say for how long. What a crock of **. No more Mazda for me. I hope this is it for now. Very disappointed.

Original review: July 23, 2014

We have a 2002 Mazda Protege and wanted to do some routine service, including replacing the coolant with the genuine Mazda product (dark green with phosphate added for added corrosion protection), as this had been switched out by the local garage. Also, we wanted all the hoses changed. I was quoted a price of $419 including parts and labor. I then asked them to add a Mazda-sourced thermostat which retails for $30. I wrote on the drop-off form to call me if the charges exceeded $450, as I felt the thermostat was quickly accessible with the lower radiator hose already off for changing.

Long story short, they did not call me but added $90 to this already padded bill to change the thermostat. This was in the state of CT, and have had this issue before, where the shop does not call before adding more labor to the bill. Make sure when in CT that you warn the mechanic not to do this, as the state laws are apparently very soft on this.

Otherwise, the car has been excellent over 12 years and 100,000 miles of service. Unlike the new Mazdas, the windows are large and easy to see out of. And with winter tires, the car is unstoppable here in the Northeast. I highly recommend the Protege as a used car if you can find one with relatively low miles. As for the dealer where we purchased it in 2002, horrible experience and the minute we took delivery they did not want to have anything to do with us. Lucky this Mazda was trouble-free during the warranty period, unlike the many others reporting here on the newer Mazda 3.

Original review: July 20, 2014

2008 Mazda 3 w/ 32,000 miles - defective coil spring (corrosion shows the weak spot in the manufacturing of the steel spring). It should not snap apart, but commonly does and not because it's normal for thick steel to snap apart (many others have the same problem - check the internet to confirm). Dealers can NEVER and I mean never find the rattle. Feel inside the cup to find the broken off piece. I was fortunate and found another person (not a Mazda dealer) who found it on his own and has posted the information on the internet. The worst of it is that when you have a manufacturing defect like this, it means that replacement parts are also defective. I've seen others complaining about having to fix this multiple times because it's a manufacturing defect.

Original review: July 17, 2014

2014 Mazda 3i Grand Touring, 6M, 4000 miles, 41mpg avg last 4 tanks. First brand-new vehicle at the tender age of 56. Not fast, but quick. Astounding handling, completely unruffled, the platform begs to be thrown around. Best-handling car I'd ever owned was a '76 Lancia Beta coupe; this one is better. Manual gearbox, exceptionally tight pattern with ratios set just right. Complaint: backlight is essentially useless. I wouldn't own one without the backup camera. Once had an '89 626, gave her away with 300k on the clock. Absolutely bulletproof. Just hope this one approaches that level of reliability.

Original review: July 13, 2014

I purchased a brand new 2012 Mazda 3 skyactiv. I was looking at the sp25, but I was given all this false information about this SKYACTIV version that was all new technology sporty more performance more torque and was great on the fuel. Since the first day I have had nothing but dramas. I have taken it back to the dealership so many times I cannot remember. I brought up issues like the car not having the advertised 4-2-1 exhaust headers that are one of the most important parts to the skyactiv being a good motor putting the skyactiv engine in the Mazda three without the most essential parts has actually made the car much less effective than the normal mar. The fuel consumption is terrible has no low end torque the performance can only be described as shocking.

A maxi sport is a much faster and performs much better and is a large amount of money cheaper. I have been banned from taking my car back to the dealer who sold me the car for no reason and have also been told that my extended warranty is not valid at any other dealer than the one the car was purchased from. I have tried to call Mazda and get help and they just tell me they have nothing to do with the car and to go to the dealer. All Mazda do is sell the cars to dealers and they hold zero responsibility in regards to problems with their product and offer no help to rectify any issues. I have had the car looked at by a performance shop and they have told me the car is a total lemon and it is not in any way the brochures describe the car and it is a disgrace that I cannot do anything to fix the issues.

I have been having a constant list of problems coming up with the car and it is like extracting teeth to get the warranty issues fixed. Mazda are a disgrace of a company they have no worry about taking advantage of people and there way of dealing with any issues is to ignore it and pass the buck every time. What does a person need to do to get their brand new car looked at and how can a company that manufactures a car claim to have no obligation about their product. And any conduct issues about the product are all the responsibility of the dealer as they are a franchise. This is something that needs to be addressed and if I want something done and want to pay for it, they have all the time in the world need something defective fixed and they will do anything to not need to do it.

Has anyone else been having issues with the 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv? If so please comment on it and if have had any luck getting the issue fixed please comment so I math be able to get the issues fixed before I park it through their shop window because it is a worthless bit of car. And I still need to pay the finance on it but I'm still stuck with the lemon. Mazda you are a disgrace and I hope you get what is coming to you, what goes around comes around. And one day you will get what you deserve and I would never recommend that anyone buys a Mazda because they will regret it, I can promise that. The dealer I felt with is Mazda Brookvale 2100 the salesman Tom ** and he will lie and do anything to make the sale though has little to no knowledge about the product he is selling!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original review: May 8, 2014

I absolutely hate Mazda. I bought a brand new 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv and from day 1 have had nothing but nightmare problems. Mazda Corporate will not take responsibility and I was told to go back to the dealership. I had only had the car about 9 months and it had been in the shop 6 times for weeks on end. Overland Park Mazda told me they would not exchange the car because they would lose money on a "bad car" and the GM freely admitted it was a bad car. They offered to trade me in to the exact same car but I would have to pay over $3000.00 difference plus new sales tax, etc. because the price had gone up.

My car had issue after issue trying to die at stops or in stop and go traffic, getting 22 mpg hwy miles (which I was told was normal), freezing in first gear or not shifting out of first gear, running loud and hot (which I was told was normal), and a slew of defective parts that seem to pop up every few months. Even though I purchased an extended warranty, I was told by Overland Park Mazda that I was no longer allowed to bring the car back for service and because my car had been in the shop so much prior that I was no longer allowed a courtesy car which has been noted in my account so no matter where I take it I get refused. If my car had worked in the first place, I wouldn't have needed a loaner. I paid for my car so I could drive it.

It's been an epic battle with Mazda any time I need service because they refuse to allow techs to even look at it on a Saturday or without discussing the issue with corporate due to the amount of issues I've had already. This combined with the inability to have a courtesy loaner or shuttle means I have to take time off work and borrow a car or get rides every time my car needs maintenance. I just picked it up yesterday from yet another major repair that took me borrowing my dad's car for 4 days and again missing work.

All I wanted was to buy a good reliable car and what I got was the absolute worst nightmare I have ever experienced for the last 2 years. I would gladly trade the car off for a comparable car, but Mazda refuses to accept any responsibility for the bad car and they told me the only thing they'll offer is a discount on a new Mazda if I want to trade out of the car.. I will never own or even suggest anyone else buy a Mazda as long as I live and breathe. DO NOT BUY A MAZDA, EVER!!! They used to be great and now they are just garbage.

Original review: April 15, 2014

2012 Mazda 3 engine with 36,000 miles failed. Said it was a Wrist Pin failure and internal engine severely damaged. We could not prove oil changes every 3,000 to 5,000 miles so factory warranty did not provide any coverage. Needs engine replacement $7,000 for dealer and at least $3,000 for used engine replacement. To be 100% fair, my son drove the car and probably didn't get the oil changed every 3000 miles, but it's not like it went 15,000 miles without an oil change. The engine should not have failed. Very concerning issues with the Mazda engines.

Original review: April 13, 2014

I purchased a 2012 Mazda 3I Sport and it turned into a living nightmare. I noticed the car began developing brake failure a year after purchase. The brake pedal became mushy. I had the brake pads replaced and the rotors turned but there were no changes in braking power. In November 2013, I rear ended someone after the brakes failed to work. Luckily it was not at a high speed nor was anyone hurt. It happened during morning stop and go traffic on the way to work. I've had the vehicle sitting in my driveway. I'm afraid of driving it. Has anyone else experienced any brake problems with Mazda vehicles?

Original review: March 12, 2014

Bought our Mazda 3 new at Mazda dealership and have had oil change done there on a regular basis since day one. Vehicle has 156,000 kms on it. Last oil change 3000 kms ago. While driving the car we heard a ticking sound and stopped to check the noise. Checked my oil and no oil to be seen, poured two liters in crankcase and took to local mechanic to verify noise. He also put two liters of oil in the crankcase. There are no visible signs of leakage or oily deposits around tailpipe so drove it to the Mazda dealership for an assessment.

They mentioned that I had burned four liters of oil in about 3000 kms and could/would not provide an answer as to the large oil loss. They said it would be okay to drive. Shortly afterwards the ticking became a clanking noise and had to get the vehicle towed to the dealership for another assessment. The service manager assured me that it was just a turned bearing and could be repaired. Apparently not as there was severe damage to the engine and could not repair or rebuild. They suggested a used engine with 80,000 kms as a replacement.

Reading many articles on the web, apparently at 80,000 kms is when many 2.3 owners were having difficulties with their engines. I eventually bought a remanufactured engine and had the local mechanic do the installations. Due to the large number of complaints about this engine and in particular mine and knowing that the car has been serviced by Mazda since day one I will be processing a small claims court action against Mazda. This or similar engine should be quite capable of reaching 250-300,000 kilometers.

I believe that the ZOOM ZOOM company is selling an engine with very little long term advantages. There are many stories on the web to substantiate my claim. Mazda should be ashamed of themselves for selling an inferior product and not standing behind their not so quality engine.

Mazda 3 Company Information